5.3

1. Dec 10, 2017
    Nice looking game, controls feel good, need mechanic, but the first boss is too hard. You don't get any indication of progress for doing damage, so you're never really sure if what you are doing is correct or not. It's the first boss of the game!
  2. Apr 4, 2017
    One of the best games of this generation. A proper classic, with a novel twist. The sense of discovery in this game is simply unbelievable. I don't think you can play anything else from the same genre after this.
  3. Nov 12, 2018
    In Forma.8 the player is put in control of an artificial life form (droid) that has been deployed to explore a mysterious planet.

The game certainly looks nice and, along with the subtle music, this creates atmospheric environment. The ‘floaty’ controls take a bit of getting used but work fine in context and the game provides a decent level of challenge as a result. Having said all this I can’t say I particularly enjoyed Forma.8 however. Maybe I just don’t have the patience I used to but these days I find I quickly lose interest in games where I spent a good proportion of my time unsure of exactly where I’m supposed to be going, especially when there is lots of backtracking involved. That is certainly the case with Forma.8 and about an hour into the game, having wandered around for 15-20 minutes trying to work out where to go next, I decided I had enough as the gameplay simply wasn't sufficiently enjoyable to justify the time...
  4. May 26, 2018
    I love the since of loneliness and confusion this game instills in the player as you explore the vast tunnels and serein landscapes. After getting the hang of thing, I began to really enjoy the game-play. Figuring out all the little unexplained puzzles that litter the game is the real gem here. The handheld Vita version was my choice of console. I also own the PS4 version, but a game likeI love the since of loneliness and confusion this game instills in the player as you explore the vast tunnels and serein landscapes. After getting the hang of thing, I began to really enjoy the game-play. Figuring out all the little unexplained puzzles that litter the game is the real gem here. The handheld Vita version was my choice of console. I also own the PS4 version, but a game like this should be enjoyed in-between action riddled games. I found it relaxing and awarding. As an avid Steam and PlayStation "dragonwire" gamer, I highly recommend this game. If you enjoy indie games that are unique and breathtaking, you will not be disappointed. Expand
  5. Mar 25, 2018
    Controls are terrible and the first boss is both too much of an difficulty spike and a unfair challenge as you have no feedback on damage or progress. i recommend to pass on this game, there are better one in the genre.

1. Games Master UK
    May 19, 2017
    An engaging and inventive puzzle adventure game with clever boss battles that balance challenge with difficulty. [Apr 2017, p.81]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Apr 11, 2017
    Despite its simplistic premise and exterior, Forma.8 lacks neither ambition or challenge. [Apr 2017, p.90]
  3. Mar 29, 2017
    Overall Forma.8 is a good, if slightly flawed take on the Metroidvania genre. Its barebones story is divisive as it depends almost entirely on players’ interpretations. The gameplay is satisfying at times and thrilling at others though its inconsistency is what holds the game back. For those wanting to explore seriously stylish and striking environments, you could do much worse than Forma.8.