9.1

Universal acclaim- based on 20579 Ratings

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jul 18, 2020
    Ótimo gráficos, jogabilidade. Boa jogada da Sony pra fechar a geração com chave de ouro.
  2. Jul 18, 2020
    Amazing to see what Sucker Punch has achieved going from Infamous Series to Ghost of Tsushima. The game looks gorgeous. My biggest take is the absence of HUD, so you get to immerse yourself in the environment as the wind is used to guide you to your next location. My biggest gripe with most open-world games is having to spend half the time looking at the mini-map and this game solves itAmazing to see what Sucker Punch has achieved going from Infamous Series to Ghost of Tsushima. The game looks gorgeous. My biggest take is the absence of HUD, so you get to immerse yourself in the environment as the wind is used to guide you to your next location. My biggest gripe with most open-world games is having to spend half the time looking at the mini-map and this game solves it beautifully.

Also, there is no level gating, where you can't fight an enemy because they are 30 levels above you. The combat is fluid and really satisfying (playing on hard). The loading times in the game are only a few seconds, which is surprising given it is running on HDD and such old hardware.

The photo mode is rich with features. The customization and charms are fun. I feel this is the game that everyone wanted an Assassin's Creed in Japan to be. Overall, I have really enjoyed the hours I have put into this game. Congrats to Sucker Punch on this great game.
  3. Oct 31, 2020
    After fully beating the game and getting every trophy I can say that this game is absolutely amazing .. graphics wise the game is beautiful .. the game play you actually feel like a samurai .. compared to ac it's better .. the sword feels like you are slicing through dudes the enemies are not damage sponges . You are actually carrying a sword not a wooden stick where you are slapping theAfter fully beating the game and getting every trophy I can say that this game is absolutely amazing .. graphics wise the game is beautiful .. the game play you actually feel like a samurai .. compared to ac it's better .. the sword feels like you are slicing through dudes the enemies are not damage sponges . You are actually carrying a sword not a wooden stick where you are slapping the guy haha .. so far I been playing on hard they kill you in a few hits .. you gotta time your blocks and Perry attacks.. armor is customizable .. and skins and colors you find everything in game !! Not dlc which I think is amazing . The photo mode is beautiful.. I ran in to a lot of side quest And side quest are their own mini Stories!!! Not fetch quest !!!. I don't see anything locked behind a paywalls .. Honestly I think it is the best samurai game on the market and most authentic ..combat is probably the best I seen in a new release .. The game got different features an authentic Kurosawa mode which gives it that old black and white samurai movie feeling even the audio changes full Japanese voice over,.. similar games always felt too button mashy .. ghost offers a change you barely see they actually made a sword feel like a sword .. you are not beating an enemy with a wooden stick .. .. enemies differ from different fighting systems and subtypes of the same style . You’ll encounter two people with a shield but one may fight a bit different then the other .. different stances work on differ opponents .. timing and pacing your self is important .. Ghost of Tsushima offers an experience that is worth looking in to must buy .. truly this is an amazing game Expand
  4. Jul 18, 2020
    Absolutely loving this game! Nice and fresh take on some open world systems that really works. It's everything that I was hoping it would be.
  5. Jul 18, 2020
    Very ambitious game from Sucker punch the developers of Infamous and sly games ,
    Ghost of Tsushima takes off slow through the story but it gets interesting and better each time as you continue the story , the world is so beautiful filled with a lot of activities to enjoy , the wind system really makes the game special and refreshing , there’s no need to open the map every time , highly recommend the game
  6. Jul 18, 2020
    The game is purely amazing. Fun combat, a huge map worth exploring, side missions and main missions. The graphics are beautiful, and the wind tracking mechanism is an amazing touch. I could go more into detail but I dont think I need to. You got to play this game.
  7. Jul 19, 2020
    對馬戰鬼給你滿滿的時代劇風格
    殺陣十分刺激 正面作戰還原武士的獨特美學
    生死一瞬的腎上腺素激增讓我很興奮

風景畫面優美賞心悅目
    傳說故事 俳句帶來不同意境
    來吧 沉浸在對馬島的故事裡吧!
  8. Jul 18, 2020
    Great game, amazing combat, decent story, amazing open world. Sucker punch’s finest game yet
  9. Jul 18, 2020
    Sucker Punch won my heart with the original infamous and since then all their games keep improving on the previous one. They took a long time to release another ps4 titles but the wait was worth it. The story is amazing and it reminds me of classic japanese cinema, the music is very immersive and memorable, the graphics are mind blowing and photo mode is like a dream come true. the combatSucker Punch won my heart with the original infamous and since then all their games keep improving on the previous one. They took a long time to release another ps4 titles but the wait was worth it. The story is amazing and it reminds me of classic japanese cinema, the music is very immersive and memorable, the graphics are mind blowing and photo mode is like a dream come true. the combat is very impressive, the only tiny flaw is when enemies are hit by arrows it looks silly. Sadly ultra left progressive reviewers bombed this game with 60s and 70s when that is far from the rating it deserves all because it doesn't have thar ultra diverse marginalized cast they always beg for. People need to get off their high horse of virtue signaling and allow people to enjoy games for what they are ENTERTAINMENT NOT POLITICAL STATEMENTS. Expand
  10. Jul 18, 2020
    The level Design os amazing. History and deathblows looks like classical Japan movies
  11. Jul 18, 2020
    Samurai sword go weee. Very good. Fun time you can pet a fox the game is very good
  12. Jul 18, 2020
    My favourite game so far it's fantastic i was waiting for a samurai game like this thank you sucker punch
  13. Jul 18, 2020
    One of the best games I have ever played. Combat is fluid and feel amazing, huge open world full of things to find and do.
  14. Jul 18, 2020
    Amazing Gameplay and Artstyle. Best exploration and open world since breath of the wild. Combat is deep and rewarding when mastered on hard mode.
  15. Jul 18, 2020
    Awesome game.... Really a masterpiece.... Stunning and brave. 10/10..........
  16. Jul 20, 2020
    Finished the game a couple of hours ago, I’ve been thinking about it since then, and I really did not have a good time with it. The world is beautiful, no doubt about that...but everything else really didn’t do anything for me. I won’t go into story because...spoilers.
  17. Jul 18, 2020
    Buys this game over TLOU2 you won't regret it. This how do make a game for everyone to enjoy.
  18. Aug 12, 2020
    Used to trust user reviews more than critic reviews for games. But wtf happened here? This is a stale open-world game with solid graphics but a lame storyline, boring mechanics, and a lack of any originality. How is this the one of the highest scored games of all time for y'all? What a disappointment.
  19. Jul 18, 2020
    everything is good on this game but cutseeing could be better . Fighting and stealth system it worked well. generally it the best game i played in this years
  20. Jul 23, 2020
    I am a huge fan of Japan,Samurais etc but no this is not what i was expecting.
    I am a huge fan of Japan,Samurais etc but no this is not what i was expecting.
    -The first thing that i didn't like is the graphics (THE GRAPHICS NOT THE ARTISTIC DESIGN) yea i stop from time to time to take photos and stuff because the world is very beautiful but no many textures are blurry,view distance is so low, the night is ugly and the reflections are all downgraded compared to the first gameplay reveal we saw.
    -For the gameplay part i hated the fact that they didn't have a lock on system for the enemies.
    The stealth is so silly mostly because of the bad AI and the animation system on the enemies.
    -Very easy even on hard
    -Bad lip sync especially on japanese, even on english.
    -The wind is supposed to guide you but if you open the map you can still guide ur self with it.
    -Plot wise is meh
    -The Cinematics remind me of Mafia 3, low budget, you know static cameras with ppl talking without interaction...

But i liked the atmosphere,the exploration,the soundtrack and the art direction
  21. Jul 18, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best in this year. Expand
  22. Jul 18, 2020
    Hands down the most beautiful open world I've had the pleasure to play in. The combat system is deep and rewarding. Interesting and non monotonous side activities with so much to do. You get a lot of bang for your buck with this one, and with the sub par ps exclusives at the moment *cough cough tlou2. This one was a breath of fresh air.
  23. Aug 27, 2020
    Can't get this game when its release, so (luckily) found a used from someone because of his PS4 toast during a thunderstorm. (Guys, Please don't play during a thunderstorm, don't be an idiot, it's just a game). The game is a bit glitchy at some parts but not that bad. Wanted to remove bad aftertaste of TLOU2. But hey, on the bright side, I use TLOU2 as an expensive coaster for my "I hateCan't get this game when its release, so (luckily) found a used from someone because of his PS4 toast during a thunderstorm. (Guys, Please don't play during a thunderstorm, don't be an idiot, it's just a game). The game is a bit glitchy at some parts but not that bad. Wanted to remove bad aftertaste of TLOU2. But hey, on the bright side, I use TLOU2 as an expensive coaster for my "I hate Naughtydog" mug. Expand
  24. Jan 22, 2021
    Pretty generic open world game, not recommending this to anyone who likes good games.
  25. Jul 18, 2020
    Good history , beautiful graphics and a lot of things to do in game , I’m loving it.
  26. Jan 22, 2021
    Put your character to the center of screen, not somewhere in the corner. How can anyone even play this?
  27. Jan 22, 2021
    Boring assassin's creed clone. World has nothing interesting in it. Yeah it's hard pass.
  28. Jan 22, 2021
    How would i describe it? How about boring, uninspired and overrated, yeah that's about it.
  29. Jan 22, 2021
    Whatever happened with originality? It's so similar to AC games, but then again it's worse than AC games. Worse because it's just not that unique. You are dude with sword and you are in Japan: the Game.
  30. Sep 22, 2020
    Very inferior version of what Ubisoft has been doing with open worlds, and a very poor interpretation of Japanese culture and history. Gameplay wise it is very shallow compared with games like the soulsborne series.
  31. Jan 22, 2021
    Inferior version of basically any Assassin's Creed. Graphics are cool, but what else? There's nothing interesting to do in this open world. People who try to say it's better than AC games seem to forget that big part of AC games is parkour.
  32. Sep 29, 2020
    Looks quite nice for the most part, but that's about it. The Japanese paint job that was slapped on the same old open world mechanics can't stop the game from feeling incredibly generic after a couple of hours. Combat is too easy, camera is clunky, too. Probably would have felt better if it came out a couple of years ago, now it's just a bunch of mechanics that have been done better byLooks quite nice for the most part, but that's about it. The Japanese paint job that was slapped on the same old open world mechanics can't stop the game from feeling incredibly generic after a couple of hours. Combat is too easy, camera is clunky, too. Probably would have felt better if it came out a couple of years ago, now it's just a bunch of mechanics that have been done better by other games. Expand
  33. Sep 29, 2020
    Honestly surprised the user sore is so high for this game. I thought it was just ok. Ghost of Tsushima offers some pretty landscapes, but they are lifeless. The movement is relatively clunky, and it really could have benefitted from some refinement there. It's a game where there are elements of ninja-like stealth, but the movement is extremely one dimensional. You hide in the grass, stayHonestly surprised the user sore is so high for this game. I thought it was just ok. Ghost of Tsushima offers some pretty landscapes, but they are lifeless. The movement is relatively clunky, and it really could have benefitted from some refinement there. It's a game where there are elements of ninja-like stealth, but the movement is extremely one dimensional. You hide in the grass, stay out of sight, and that's about it in terms of stealth. They do a great job with the map, but moving throughout it is also very one dimensional.

I won't go on with a long review, but I was unfortunately pretty disappointed by this game. It's also pretty ridiculous that so many people are using TLOU2 to influence their review of this game. They are completely different games that happened to come out within a month of each other. Too many biased reviews here, I'd pay attention to the critic score for this one.
  34. Oct 3, 2020
    Get out of here with all these 10's!!
    This game is not a 10 at all. Its an extremely average game. When I first started out playing I did see its potential that unfortunately got boring fast. I'm just glad I purchased it on disc because I ended up trading it in.

Feel free to give it a go but much better games are available than this!
  35. Sep 24, 2020
    Unplayable horrible aim movement. So sluggish and time consuming that every single time you want to look at any direction, which is several hundreds of thousands to a million times on one play though, it takes full second till anything starts really moving. It has so ridiculously slow and bad acceleration system that takes eternity and any sane people needs to wait turning to the edge ofUnplayable horrible aim movement. So sluggish and time consuming that every single time you want to look at any direction, which is several hundreds of thousands to a million times on one play though, it takes full second till anything starts really moving. It has so ridiculously slow and bad acceleration system that takes eternity and any sane people needs to wait turning to the edge of insanity. What kind of d##b a## s##t is that. Whoever develooer decided to do or accept that should ged fired immediately. Also there is no options to fix it. On fastest settings it just is very slow. At slowest, its like do you want to wait retirement or insanity come first. Samurai and ninjagames should be superfast, not slower than a snail. No options to change buttons neither.
    Good graphics get 2 points. Other than that, absomute failure.
  36. Jan 23, 2021
    Bought it with 60 dollars and gotta say i don't like it at all. Very disappointing. Story is very generic, but my main issue is that character is not in center of screen. So playing it really makes my head hurt. So just before you buy it make sure you are able to play game where character is literally in the corner of screen. I have never seen it done like that. Little bit off center?Bought it with 60 dollars and gotta say i don't like it at all. Very disappointing. Story is very generic, but my main issue is that character is not in center of screen. So playing it really makes my head hurt. So just before you buy it make sure you are able to play game where character is literally in the corner of screen. I have never seen it done like that. Little bit off center? That's fine, but this one is just bad. Expand
  37. Jan 23, 2021
    I tried it for 3 hours and i didn't like it really. Story kept dragging and nothing really interesting to do in this open world. Meh.
  38. Jan 23, 2021
    Graphics - 9/10, Story - 6.7/10, Open World - 3/10, Characters - 3/10, How fun is it? 3/10
  39. Aug 20, 2020
    First: The 83 average score is pretty accurate. The high user score is most likely a result of internet culture and review bombing (#tlou2).
    Now the game itself:
    Story is mediocre. Jin is one hell of a boring protagonist. Side quests are uninteresting and the characters are kinda empty. Nothing catchy here. The game itself feels grindy way to often. I'm over 25 hours in and had not a
    Now the game itself:
    Story is mediocre. Jin is one hell of a boring protagonist.
    Side quests are uninteresting and the characters are kinda empty. Nothing catchy here. The game itself feels grindy way to often. I'm over 25 hours in and had not a single "wow" moment. Worth playing... But there's a whole lot better games. Nearly every other Ps4 exclusive. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE USER SCORE. REVIEW BOMBING.
    The visuals are good. The fighting is good.
    Another problem is the difficulty. The game is too easy in my opinion. But that's not really the point.
    This can't match with rpg standards of the Witcher 3 or something. Sucker Punch did a good job but the last of us 2 is better in every aspect if you want to compare it.
  40. Jul 18, 2020
    One of the best games I've played in a while the combat is amazing and the graphics are absolutely gorgeous.
  41. Jul 18, 2020
    Unbelievable game and the writing and story is actually awesome.. this is how a Revenge story is supposed to be told unlike TLOU2... as AVGN would say, "WHAT WERE THEY THINNNKIN" !! @naughtydog.
  42. Jul 18, 2020
    Sucker Punch did an amazing job on the game, the graphics and gameplay are really good. The combat is really good and it is fun doing standoffs, one of the best games of 2020.
  43. Jul 19, 2020
    This game could be amazing but many nonesense dialogues, weak combat mechanics and a terrible camera make it look like a rushed product. To be honest you could overlook the first issues but the camera is really, really bad, worse than demon souls just to be clear :/ i really hope they do something about.
  44. Jul 20, 2020
    9,2 User Score? For real? I feel incredibly shocked by gaming culture these days. TLOU 2 which Set a new bar for storytelling in video games was review bombed and this repetitive game that does everything the exact same way and 100% caters to a non inventive open world trend with full of open world cliches and lackluster level design gets a 9,2? This could easily be an assassins creed game9,2 User Score? For real? I feel incredibly shocked by gaming culture these days. TLOU 2 which Set a new bar for storytelling in video games was review bombed and this repetitive game that does everything the exact same way and 100% caters to a non inventive open world trend with full of open world cliches and lackluster level design gets a 9,2? This could easily be an assassins creed game it’s not less inventive in fact Ubisoft create more detailed and prettier open worlds and Users would downvote the hell out of it. Unbelievable truly.... Expand
  45. Jul 19, 2020
    Very, very disappointed. Game looks great but it has loads of filler and the story and writing is poor imo. Combat is very easy and gets old quickly. Camera angle is very clunky. Game feels very dated, if it came out 5 years ago I think it would have been received much better. Disappointed.
  46. Jul 19, 2020
    Looks amazing sometimes and so bad others , sword fighting is cool , but so many problems , it’s just not polished
  47. Jul 19, 2020
    One of the best games that I've ever played. Loads of options on how to approach combat, the world feels alive and is amazing to look at. The story also has immense thematic value to it. A must-play it you own a PS4.
  48. Aug 24, 2021
    Great game! Beautiful gameplay with awesome music and a direction "honorable" as Kurosawa's movies. A game to be enjoyed more than once.
  49. Aug 25, 2021
    game hay vcl, địt con mẹ ra thêm bản director's cut tuyệt cmn vời ạ, nice game
  50. Aug 25, 2021
    game hay vcl, địt con mẹ ra thêm bản director's cut tuyệt cmn vời ạ, nice game
  51. Aug 23, 2021
    Great game. Immersive atmosphere, beautiful scenery, three-dimensional side characters. Ubisoft needs to take notes on how to balance the size of an open world map with the amount/variety of collectibles.

The most satisfying aspect of the game is the RPG aspects actually paying off over time. I feel like most RPGs nowadays are incredibly lazy. Rather than evolving combat or introducing new enemy types to maintain challenging gameplay while your character levels up, most games that I've played utilize level-scaling. What's the point of leveling up if the rest of the world levels up with you? Why is the same bad guy I fought when I was level 1, equally challenging to fight when I'm level 200 (looking at you AC)?! In Ghost of Tsushima, just as bandits start to get trivial, you get to act II where new enemies are introduced (no spoilers), then as you progress and the act II enemies are starting to be a piece of cake... you get to act III and enemies are incredibly well armored and organized in groups that have a wide array of weaponry that can cause any fight to go south quick if you make a single mistake. But at any time late in the game, if you stumble upon bandits (the main enemies from act I), you'll see how much more powerful you have become via your playthrough as you slice through them. It's incredibly satisfying.
  52. Aug 23, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Man i already finished it 3 times and its just such a masterpiece, stunning world and atmosphere, lots of things to do in the big and interesting open world, super fun gameplay and fights and i didnt think the story was so good until i finished it.... some time later i played the legends mode and had lots of fun with friends too

10/10 would recommend to everybody
  53. Aug 25, 2021
  54. Aug 22, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing game but the Japanese Audio is not going will with lipstick ……………………….. Expand
  55. Aug 25, 2021
  56. Aug 23, 2021
    Best game I’ve played ever, combat is fluid, the story is intriguing and with the new lock-on ability, gear load outs, it’s the best combat fluidity in a game I’ve experienced, thank you sucker punch
  57. Aug 22, 2021
    Beautiful game with gameplay that matches. I play xbox as my main however it's games like this that always keeps me buying Playstation as well
  58. Aug 25, 2021
    địt con mẹ game hay vãi cả lồn, cảm ơn sucker punch đã cho tôi chơi con game này cảm ơn các bạn nhiều:3333
  59. Aug 25, 2021
  60. Aug 25, 2021
  61. Jul 19, 2020
    A great ending to the PS4 era. An exclusive game that shines among 2020 releases.
  62. Jul 19, 2020
    Best game i ever played since the witcher 3 Story lines so good and historic
  63. Jul 19, 2020
    The best game of last few years.Made with great love to gamers.Dont believe to bad reviews....Its probably made with fake accounts of Neil F*rtbox...Just look what games were rated by those accounts and you will understand.
    10 foxes out of 10
  64. Jul 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Очень атмосферная игра и как же хорошо что тут нет этой ереси как Expand
  65. Jul 19, 2020
    For me this game is absolutely beautiful. The way Sucker Punch has brought the game to life is just breathtaking. In my opinion this game is what Assassin's Creed should strive to be. On the day it was released I accidentally played for over 24 hours straight it is so easy to just get pulled in and lost from just exploring the world around you to liberating your fellow countrymen the realFor me this game is absolutely beautiful. The way Sucker Punch has brought the game to life is just breathtaking. In my opinion this game is what Assassin's Creed should strive to be. On the day it was released I accidentally played for over 24 hours straight it is so easy to just get pulled in and lost from just exploring the world around you to liberating your fellow countrymen the real world just seemed to melt away. Now upgrading equipment takes a lot of resources so that means farming resources but unlike that of Assassin's Creed which made grinding very dull this game makes enjoyable it does not feel like a grind since there are so many places to visit and see and alot of bases to clear there is also a certain weapon charm that practically doubles most resources collected which helps alot. In all of my total time spent playing the game which as of right now is about 30+ hours I haven't even made it to act 2 yet but I haven't been doing all main missions I don't fast travel or focus on specific things I just have fun playing the game. I haven't been pulled into a game like this in years I don't get bored I look forward to getting on and playing it has so much to offer and the difficulty is brilliant and balanced. I highly recommend this game to everyone and I stress do not rush through it take your time with the game and just take in the development of your characters emotional choices and how his choices really conflict him explore the world around you and have fun. Expand
  66. Jul 19, 2020
    My god this game is better than I spected. Really deserves to be considered too for the GOTY. ❤️
  67. Jul 19, 2020
    Назовем интерактивным кином, но с открытым миром и без интерактива
  68. Jul 23, 2020
    Sucker Punch has truly outdone themselves and set the bar higher for open world games and the way they approach exploration. Through the use of the guided wind mechanic, I never felt lost and at the same time never felt like the game was holding my hand to my next destination. I normally rush through the main story and then replay a second time, taking my time to see everything. However,Sucker Punch has truly outdone themselves and set the bar higher for open world games and the way they approach exploration. Through the use of the guided wind mechanic, I never felt lost and at the same time never felt like the game was holding my hand to my next destination. I normally rush through the main story and then replay a second time, taking my time to see everything. However, this is the first open world game that I truly became lost in. I explored every inch of the map and enjoyed the deep "side" quests which serve to flesh out the world and characters.

The combat is fast and fluid. Coming from Nioh and Sekiro, I still found the game to be incredibly challenging at times, while never having the **** one hit kills that Nioh can have. The combat evolved constantly and 50 hours in, I still don't feel even slightly bored. I hope they will add challenge rooms or something similar to the Arkham Games. The combat is a mix of the old Assassins Creed games, a bit of Arkham games, Shadow of War and a bit of Spiderman PS4 in the way that you are allowed and even encouraged to experiment in your approach. No two fights will ever feel the same.

You already know the graphics are stunning, the game is lengthy and deep. The map is the most diverse I have ever seen in a game. If you love revenge stories, you will definitely be satisfied and I eventually grew to feel as though I was Jin Sakai, the Ghost.Go out and get this game. You will not be dissapointed.
  69. Aug 21, 2021
    A Sucker Punch surpreendeu a todos com essa obra de arte no fim da geração. História incrível, gameplay muito divertida e gráficos lindos. Foi um jogo que encerrou a geração com chave de ouro!
  70. Aug 25, 2021
  71. Dec 5, 2020
    About 8 hrs into the game. In short, one of the most polished open worlds games released to date. Graphics, gameplay mechanics are top notch. Story so far tight and engaging. Looking forward to many more hours as a samurai :)
  72. Jul 19, 2020
    I was waiting for ghost of Tsushima forever, much longer than LoUP2. I am not over exaggerating when I say this game the best blade combat in any game I ever played. Every battle is thoroughly tactical and enjoyable. And the enemies are NOT damage sponge dummies , the enemies get harder by fighting better, your blade is just as deadly in hard mode as it is in easy mode, but in hard modeI was waiting for ghost of Tsushima forever, much longer than LoUP2. I am not over exaggerating when I say this game the best blade combat in any game I ever played. Every battle is thoroughly tactical and enjoyable. And the enemies are NOT damage sponge dummies , the enemies get harder by fighting better, your blade is just as deadly in hard mode as it is in easy mode, but in hard mode you have to learn how to use your tactics and head in battle to overcome the enemy. Gorgeous game. Will play it over and over . 10/10. Thank you sucker Punch!!! Expand
  73. Jul 19, 2020
    It’s an absolute masterpiece, I mean is there anything else to say, 10/10, if you’re mainly into sword fighting, this game will never bore u
  74. Jul 23, 2020
    This game is everything I wanted and more. Stunning art design, fantastic music score, simple yet complex fighting structures. The culture, history and beautiful open world environment is enough to buy this game and make it an instant classic. Add quality storytelling and hours of gameplay, will make this a highlight for this generation of console gaming.
  75. Dec 1, 2021
    Sorry but this game is not for me, i seen the trailer, and the gameplay, and it turns out boring and somewhat downgrade, almost the same downgrade like ubisoft, the story is just ordinary, there's not hing that really made me interested on this, gameplay is super crap, graphics is just ok, i don't know if this a rip off, but if you ask me, i do not like it, and i do not recommend it.
  76. Dec 15, 2021
    Artificious difficulty, bad level design, bad IA, unbalanced, combat system Is initially exciting but It get more and more boring since few hours from the beginning. The only good thing here Is graphic and some parts of the Story. The thing Is this game Is broken and boring.
  77. Aug 9, 2020
    Un imprescindible del catálogo de PS4. Gráficos espectaculares, historia muy interesante, sonido soberbio y una jugabilidad muy adictiva. Los combates son muy épicos y da la posibilidad de ser fiel al código samurai o bien ser un cruel asesino en las sombras. Todo un acierto.
    El sistema de progresión y habilidades es de lo más gratificante.
    No os perdáis uno de los grandes videojuegos del
    El sistema de progresión y habilidades es de lo más gratificante.
    No os perdáis uno de los grandes videojuegos del año. Digno contendiente a GOTY
  78. Jul 23, 2020
    On reading some of the reviews I saw mention of an Assassins Creed set in this era of Japans history. Its still not appeared and now, I don't care,. This is a game with excellent gameplay, great combat, solid acting and script. I have one gripe, its TOO BEAUTIFUL I can't use fast travel or even gallop on the horse its just too beautiful to miss
  79. Mar 14, 2021
    Some say that the perfect game doesn’t exist. Those people haven’t played GoT yet. This game is PERFECT. Soundtrack, graphics, story, immersion, it have everything. I thought I was tired of open world games, turns out I was tired of playing the same open world game in a different skin. In this game the hours fly, you don’t play it thinking about how long until you finish it, you play itSome say that the perfect game doesn’t exist. Those people haven’t played GoT yet. This game is PERFECT. Soundtrack, graphics, story, immersion, it have everything. I thought I was tired of open world games, turns out I was tired of playing the same open world game in a different skin. In this game the hours fly, you don’t play it thinking about how long until you finish it, you play it and then it betrays you, ending. Easily game of the year for me and it had HEAVY competition. Expand
  80. Apr 19, 2021
    Wow . It's been a very long game that the story takes me to an another world. Just wow.
    Combat mechanics + characters + story + music + depth of dialogues + graphics everything is great in ps5. Only enemy A.I is lack of intelligence, they don't hear you meanwhile you take out their friends 3-4 meters away. Gears+weapons+ skills etc. Everything is a masterpiece.
  81. Jun 15, 2021
    Must play! Wonderful world, full of life, strong characters. Few problems with enemy A.I. and camera angles. Bought it used, half-price and turned out to be an AAA title, far better than expected.
  82. Apr 11, 2021
    Ghost of Tsushima manages to feel distinct, charming and artful despite following a familiar open world structure and existing in a market full of games of its ilk. Its recreation of Tsushima island is gorgeous and cohesive in its 13th century Japanese identity - scattered throughout the island are tons of fox dens, torii gates and hot springs. The character of the game just leads to aGhost of Tsushima manages to feel distinct, charming and artful despite following a familiar open world structure and existing in a market full of games of its ilk. Its recreation of Tsushima island is gorgeous and cohesive in its 13th century Japanese identity - scattered throughout the island are tons of fox dens, torii gates and hot springs. The character of the game just leads to a really immersive experience.

The game's story sees its protagonist, Jin Sakai, become the titular Ghost as he employs ever more dishonourable tactics to defeat the enemy and repel the Mongol invasion. It's a fun story to watch unfold, and it culminates in a genuinely emotional final duel that tops things off brilliantly.

Ghost of Tsushima certainly delivers on the gameplay front too - the combat is fluid and stylish, and the different sword stances afford it some depth. The bows feel good to use and there are enough other projectiles and abilities to keep combat fresh.

It must be said that the graphics and art direction in this game are excellent. The use of colour in particular leads to some lush, tranquil scenery, the vibrancy of which makes this recreation of Tsushima island a treat for the eyes. If you're anything like me, you'll be spending a lot of time in photo mode.

Another thing I'd like to praise is the guiding wind feature - swiping up on the touchpad causes the wind to blow around you in the direction of your current objective. This removes the need for a mini-map which helps to maintain the minimalist HUD, and I just think it's a smart little feature.

Ghost of Tsushima has a healthy amount of content, but it's not without some bloat. Some of the side quests are unexciting, and even though the open world busywork has a charm to it, it is still repetitious by nature.

Overall, this is a great title. It sticks to a tried-and-tested formula, but it does it so well that it doesn't matter; it's not a complete breath of fresh air, but it's a fitting swan song for the PS4.
  83. Jul 19, 2020
    L'estetica e la fedeltà storica creano un'immersione mai vista in un gioco AAA
  84. Aug 14, 2020
    Ghost of Tsushima is easily one of the best games ever made. It might suffer some open world loops but it is fresh and unique. The story telling is miles above comparable games, the visuals are one of the best if not the best of this console generation and the combat system feels amazing.

I ve played Ghost on my PS4 Pro with SSD and I want to say "thanks!" for amazing visuals, incredible loading times, no bluescreens, no slowdowns and with 1.04 next to none bugs. The sound design is amazing in combat, scenery and surround composing. I literally made more ingame screenshots in Ghost then with all my other PS4 games I ve ever played combined.

This game will take you on an amazing journey and even with only going for the main storyline you will have incredible fun, deep story telling and complex character development on a course of 30 to 55 hrs depending on your play style.

I do not want to go into detail, you have to explore this game for yourself.
  85. Jul 23, 2020
    This game has a story to tell and it does a successful job in doing that. From the characters you meet to the scenery in the world, it's theme is consistent and it succeeds in being the game that was shown to you in the previews.
  86. Jul 24, 2020
    I went into this game expecting nothing, I liked the idea at first but then when I played it I found out how masterful it is. I wasn’t expecting this game to be my surprise gaming addiction but now I can’t put the controller down, I must play this game everyday. Now for the real review, the story and the gameplay are incredible, you get to explore but you can choose your path, this trulyI went into this game expecting nothing, I liked the idea at first but then when I played it I found out how masterful it is. I wasn’t expecting this game to be my surprise gaming addiction but now I can’t put the controller down, I must play this game everyday. Now for the real review, the story and the gameplay are incredible, you get to explore but you can choose your path, this truly is a game of choices and branching paths and story lines. The mechanics like I said incredible and customizable, the gameplay is extremely fluid. If you love stealth or being a ninja and assassin you will love this game. Expand
  87. Jul 23, 2020
    I rarely take the time to rate games, but this one deserves your attention. If you own a PlayStation, go do yourself a favor and buy this game. Phenomenal art, gameplay, and a powerful story all come together to make what might be my game of the year. I found myself deeply invested into the characters, and the outcomes of their stories, feeling regret when I had to make dishonorableI rarely take the time to rate games, but this one deserves your attention. If you own a PlayStation, go do yourself a favor and buy this game. Phenomenal art, gameplay, and a powerful story all come together to make what might be my game of the year. I found myself deeply invested into the characters, and the outcomes of their stories, feeling regret when I had to make dishonorable decisions to save people. This really is a masterpiece, and I’m excited to see what Sucker Punch makes next. Expand
  88. Mar 2, 2021
    One of the best games I have ever played. The narrative and characters are impeccable! Love the lore of a samurai who has to choose between doing the correct thing or living (and dying) by his code. Just hope nobody beats Jin to death with a golf club in the sequel :/
  89. Dec 13, 2020
    Ghost of Tsushima is an excellent new game in the historical fiction genre. The story tells an easy-to-follow journey about a samurai who must break his code of honor in a desperate attempt to stay alive and save as many Japanese as he can. Exploration and side quests both offer a variety of possible rewards to enhance the experience. The melee combat requires some precise timing, but itGhost of Tsushima is an excellent new game in the historical fiction genre. The story tells an easy-to-follow journey about a samurai who must break his code of honor in a desperate attempt to stay alive and save as many Japanese as he can. Exploration and side quests both offer a variety of possible rewards to enhance the experience. The melee combat requires some precise timing, but it is less demanding than Sekiro. At some point, every player will experience some trouble with the camera and the lack of a lock-on feature. Patience and better positioning can alleviate the camera issues, though.
    Enjoy the spacious land and its set pieces. Ghost of Tsushima looks gorgeous, and the vibrant colors are even better when you are the one playing the game.
    Being guided by the wind is a brilliant idea to reduce the amount of clutter on the screen.
    The game has accessibility options and full voice acting in English and Japanese.
    I'm glad the developers did not focus too much on hyper-realism. Nothing takes too long. The healing, looting, loading, traveling, and upgrading are all quick and designed to be convenient which lets the player get back to the story and action without tedium.
    Addendum: The side-quest cutscenes are awkward because the characters stand almost completely still while talking. Their stiff body language makes those so small conversations uninteresting to watch. But the game is still 9/10 because the action is fun and that's what matters the most.
  90. Apr 6, 2022
    When the game came out it was such a refreshing escape from the real world. The locations were beautiful, the combat was innovative with its different stances paired with enemies that it kept the game from getting too stale. The story was engaging and the duels were feats of cinematic inspired excellence. By the end some of the quests and combat became a little monotonous andWhen the game came out it was such a refreshing escape from the real world. The locations were beautiful, the combat was innovative with its different stances paired with enemies that it kept the game from getting too stale. The story was engaging and the duels were feats of cinematic inspired excellence. By the end some of the quests and combat became a little monotonous and exploration had much of the same to offer, but this is a small complaint because what it had to offer was often times very enjoyable. Expand
  91. Jul 20, 2020
    this game is right up there with witcher 3, and rd2. combat is a bit easy and could be better but overall amazing graphics and the story kept be interested the whole way
  92. Sep 16, 2021
    Pretty flowers, guiding wind and dark atmosphere that captures the setting of feudal Japan and the Samurai perfectly, making it one of the most gorgeous looking games to date, what could go wrong? Well, unfortunately, it's just a very beautiful wallpaper, no depth, no risks, nothing never-seen-before... same old generic Open World "Go there, kill enemies, liberate territory". To be frank,Pretty flowers, guiding wind and dark atmosphere that captures the setting of feudal Japan and the Samurai perfectly, making it one of the most gorgeous looking games to date, what could go wrong? Well, unfortunately, it's just a very beautiful wallpaper, no depth, no risks, nothing never-seen-before... same old generic Open World "Go there, kill enemies, liberate territory". To be frank, there's a big variety of tools when it comes to combat and the feeling of the Katana is EXCELLENT, smooth animations and many abilities to unlock, it's a very enjoyable experience despite the repetitive and shallow mission design which is by far the biggest problem of the game. As for the story, it's simple and predictable with some amazing scenes, and there are some very few likable characters but most of them are forgettable because it feels like, everyone can be Jin Sakai, even though he's a cool character, he doesn't feel like he's his OWN character, he's just a random Samurai, and this goes for every other character in the entire game. In the end, I was left a tiny bit disappointed, because honestly, I couldn't get attached to this game, and I don't understand why, but I will give it a higher score than what it deserves because I really had fun playing it, some scenes were absolutely fantastic and the music was great and that made the whole game better for me. Expand
  93. May 5, 2021
    The game environment is extremely beautiful. It has an interesting fighting style. Also the story of the game and its happening is great. Has worked well in open world style. It really is one of the best games.
  94. Jul 19, 2020
    Let me start by saying no game is perfect. With that, I'm giving ghost of tsushima a 10 because it exceeded my expectations and executes well, everything it set out to achieve. Combat is first and foremost exactly what I wanted and more, to feel like a one man army legendary samurai. Next, the soundtrack alone makes the game praiseworthy, as it sets the tone for each peaceful to intenseLet me start by saying no game is perfect. With that, I'm giving ghost of tsushima a 10 because it exceeded my expectations and executes well, everything it set out to achieve. Combat is first and foremost exactly what I wanted and more, to feel like a one man army legendary samurai. Next, the soundtrack alone makes the game praiseworthy, as it sets the tone for each peaceful to intense swordclashing moment with prime accuracy. My highest praise for the game, however, stands with the artistry and environment of the island. The journey to every objective is heaped with breathtaking scenes, beautifully chosen colors, and the most realistically replicated sky that could be imagined. In addition, they used the environment as the guiding feature for the player, the UI is so clean, and at times, nonexistent. The world bends towards your destinations and woodland critters emerge to lead you to side secrets and collectibles a very refreshing design choice.This is complimented by an excellent photo mode packed with features to add to your captures. My only real complaint for the game is that the writing is overall stiff, and, Jin could have been more interesting in this regard. Expand
  95. Jul 19, 2020
    In addition to the great graphics, this game has a sense of the diligence of the developers in the smallest detail.

So far, the main contender for the title "Game of the Year".
  96. Jul 24, 2020
    Very beautiful game, the developers have tried to squeeze all the juice out of the PS4. The combat system is good, it's a shame that there is no dismemberment.
  97. Jul 24, 2020
    Definitely the best game of 2020 , every thing is perfect, the story, graphics, and the most important the gameplay is legendary, well done Sucker Punch
  98. Jul 19, 2020
    Man i am going to miss this game, really enjoyed it, great story , side missions, graphics and man the photo mode is amazing, GOTY !!
  99. Jul 23, 2020
    Easily Goty this year, maybe Cuberpunk will top it. Ghost of Tsushima is a great game and has no flaws whatsoever. Story, gameplay and graphics. 10/10.
  100. Jul 24, 2020
    I was pretty tired of open world...i must admit that i started this game with not much hype about it. I even stopped after 1-2 hours. Then i took my time and damn i was blown away. I want to explore everything i got hooked to the game badly to the point that i always want to play it and discover its world. Good f job !!!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 122 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 7, 2020
    The best samurai game in a long time and a great fun for all, who love action. Love for Japan and its history is a big plus, but its knowledge is not necessary to enjoy every minute of this beautiful game. [Issue#305]
  2. Oct 5, 2020
    Ghost of Tsushima is a flawed, but fun, game. While the gameplay itself was solid, and the story was decent, I definitely expected a lot more from Sony’s final PlayStation 4 exclusive. It had enough to keep me hooked, but lacked the polish we’ve all grown to love from a Sony first party game.
  3. Sep 15, 2020
    Ultimately, it feels like the game could have benefited from a smaller scope or a more linear structure. Focus on the duels could have created a more engrossing product, especially if it honed in on the narrative for a more concise and cinematic experience. But as it stands, Ghost of Tsushima is another AAA open world title and doesn’t seek to define itself as anything other than that.