2.5

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Mar 17, 2022
    Dont get me wrong game is fun and quite good gameplay wise. BUT these scummy practices of adding in things to slow ur progress pushing people to spend $ on microtransactions is Unforgivable. Especially when u add this stuff after release when people let their guards down and in alot of cases (At least Digital) cant get a refund. SHAME on Sony or the studio for doing this BS they will notDont get me wrong game is fun and quite good gameplay wise. BUT these scummy practices of adding in things to slow ur progress pushing people to spend $ on microtransactions is Unforgivable. Especially when u add this stuff after release when people let their guards down and in alot of cases (At least Digital) cant get a refund. SHAME on Sony or the studio for doing this BS they will not get my Money Again their are plenty other more respectable and fun racing franchises out there. :( Expand
  2. Mar 17, 2022
    Requires Internet connection for most basic things and game is plagued with microtransactions. With the lastest update they even nerfed race payouts to so bad even obtaining a decent car takes hours. Sony and PD shows us how greedy they are.
  3. Mar 8, 2022
    Went from a day 1 purchase to I don't know, because of the micro(mega)transactions. Up to an extra $35 for one car? in a $70 video game, really?

What a shady feature to put in there. For those of you defending the practice because it doesn't affect you right now, let it be known that eventually it will. Your excuses are ridiculous, and you will be the first ones to complain when your

What a shady feature to put in there.

For those of you defending the practice because it doesn't affect you right now, let it be known that eventually it will. Your excuses are ridiculous, and you will be the first ones to complain when your "premium" video games you paid a lot of money for are ruined by this.
  4. Mar 17, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. They ruined Deep Forest, too many issues to list. I want real Gran Turismo back. Expand
  5. Mar 17, 2022
    Very very poor showing from PD/Sony. I've played since the first GT and this has been the most disappointing experience. Microtransactions, no offline play, poor rewards for racing vs expensive vehicles and a rigged roulette system geared to generating those micro transaction dollars. Shame on you PD. This is the last GT for me unless this game changes when it comes back on line, I'm notVery very poor showing from PD/Sony. I've played since the first GT and this has been the most disappointing experience. Microtransactions, no offline play, poor rewards for racing vs expensive vehicles and a rigged roulette system geared to generating those micro transaction dollars. Shame on you PD. This is the last GT for me unless this game changes when it comes back on line, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Save your money, play GT Sport.l
  6. Mar 18, 2022
    Absurd decision from polyphony what the heck? This game cost 100 dollars+ and you can't play for what you grinded for offline? You cant do nothing?? this is a gran turismo not The Crew!! Also what with the nerfing too is that what this series has become ? I'm going back to forza.
  7. Mar 17, 2022
    A barebones single player campaign (that requires online connection) riddled with too many incentives to spend a lot of credits that are next to impossible to earn in a healthy amount of time, car rotation to increase FOMO, all this to push very expensive microtransactions.

This is a full price game with the content you'd expect from a free-to-play service game's first season launch, and the microtransactions predatory exchange rate you'd find in some pay-to-win chinese gacha game that rips off licenced characters.

The Gran Turismo licence has officially reached its lowest point.
  8. Mar 18, 2022
    In game economy was terrible to begin with, but after the last update it is even worse. You can spend either 40 euro/dollar on the best cars, or race for about a workweek and a half to earn it in game. Not to mention the massive prices for the ingame upgrades (you have to race for hours just to be able to afford all the upgrades for ONE car!).

Cafe is the worst idea ever, it's a bunch

Cafe is the worst idea ever, it's a bunch of nonsense conversations for old men who consider themselves "cultured" or whatever, it's certainly not for people who just want to enjoy the freedom of racing in fast cars. Because of Cafe you can not progress in the order you'd like. Tracks have to be unlocked over time. Custom races are possible, but earn you a ridiculously low amount of money. Also, I've had crashes on GT7, I've had freezes and framedrops, it's playable but it's not a first party 70 euro/60 dollar (ex tax) experience.

But enough complaints: I'll give a solution too: get GT Sport. It's cheaper, it works better, there's still freedom there, the racing UI is the same, the tracks are the same but a few are missing (which aren't fun anymore since the updates anyway) and you'll hardly miss the few cars which aren't in it, since you won't be able to afford those for probably months anyway. And even if you do, you won't find any real use for them in GT7. GT Sport is in retrospect a slimmed down and improved version of GT7.
  9. Mar 17, 2022
    Connexion obligatoire pour jouer solo, c'est inadmissible à 70 € le jeu !
  10. Mar 18, 2022
    Upping this review for the disaster of the economy, microtransactions, and predatory FOMO behaviour in the game, plus the extreme lack of single player content.
  11. Mar 17, 2022
    You need to be always online to play single player portions of the game.$70 for a game where an internet connections is constantly required.Meh.can not connect to server.
  12. Mar 18, 2022
    Shame on Sony and Polyphony. Shameless microtransactions and online only singleplayer. -1000/10
  13. Mar 10, 2022
    Thanks to all the people who made the decision to shut down the Playstation store without warning. Not available in my region. Play has limits. Thanks Sony!!!!
  14. Mar 17, 2022
    Purchased for both consoles. Equally scummy of PD to add micro transactions and try to hustle those of us who paid good money for a game, only to learn the credit system has been nerfed and you have to pay real cash. Let's also not talk about the server that's been down for 16 hours today. Trash.
  15. Mar 18, 2022
    I love a lot about this game but I wish the broken enconomy was optional. That's the true cost of microtransactions, even if we don't engage with them. We can't opt out of a broken economy, that only exists to turn players into payers.

Hope the clear message from the consumer tells polyphony and sony that this isn't the way to develop for a full price game. If you want to make money

If you want to make money post-launch, sell a 1-2 year season pass to pay for these updates. Don't kneecap your game to satisfy profit.
  16. Mar 18, 2022
    An overpriced beta product from an uncommunicative company that intentionally misleads the media by hiding pricing until after reviews are published, thinks its paying customers don't deserve updates even once every 24 hours during major outages, lies to them about pricing even as it greedily tries to force hundreds of dollars of microtransactions on top of the price of an alreadyAn overpriced beta product from an uncommunicative company that intentionally misleads the media by hiding pricing until after reviews are published, thinks its paying customers don't deserve updates even once every 24 hours during major outages, lies to them about pricing even as it greedily tries to force hundreds of dollars of microtransactions on top of the price of an already expensive game, and has done such a terrible job of optimizing for PlayStation 4 that the game is effectively a slideshow that regularly goes well below 20 frames per second. Do not buy. You'll wish you hadn't. Expand
  17. Mar 7, 2022
    As a former Gran Turismo fan I'm highly disappointed. The progression is significantly slower than in any Gran Turismo before and the AI is abysmal. There are 420 cars which can cost up to 20,000,000 credits. If you win a 30 minute race it will reward you only 10,000 credits! Buying just a decent car for like 200,000 credits takes multiple hours grind, legendary cars even more than 100As a former Gran Turismo fan I'm highly disappointed. The progression is significantly slower than in any Gran Turismo before and the AI is abysmal. There are 420 cars which can cost up to 20,000,000 credits. If you win a 30 minute race it will reward you only 10,000 credits! Buying just a decent car for like 200,000 credits takes multiple hours grind, legendary cars even more than 100 hours - or up to $200. I guess that's the main reason for the ultra slow progression : Microtransactions. In GT:Sport you could buy a premium car for 3,000,000 credit after a few hours of grind or $5. The same car in GT7 will require dozens of hours of grind or a whopping $30.

That's just insane for a $70 game with a focus on singleplayer. I can't recommend such greediness in any way.
  18. Mar 14, 2022
    As a fan of play station I must say that I am bothered by how bad this game is, malicious graphics, pessim gameplay and one abusive micropayments, I did not like anything
  19. Mar 20, 2022
    At this rate, i'm guessing that the next update will make us pay to get fuel to race...
  20. Mar 18, 2022
    Dropping my note, to 1 !!!!
    The problem wtih the servers down for more than 24h, shows the nonsense of the game being always online, to play!
    Worse, Polyphopny is doing all they can, to force players buying credits on PS Store!
    The new one after update 1.07 is reducing the race wining prize!!
    I am dropping the game, and considering very seriously, buying Xbox X instead PS5!!
  21. Mar 10, 2022
    Play has no limits, but not in Russia
    Play has no limits, but not in Russia
  22. Mar 11, 2022
    Play has no limits, but not in Russia. Play has no limits, but not in Russia.
  23. Mar 13, 2022
    Very beautiful game for that 10 Points BUT for this price is the singleplayer part a shame.
    After 10 h 49 min and 59 sec and 1.882 km racing the story part is finished. And now? I dont need the multiplayer!

In GTS im not finished with the singleplayer but i have there 2.879 km driven.
  24. Mar 18, 2022
    Videogames press again bribed by Sony, this videogame is a fraud, required permanent online connection, excesive microtransacctions, is a foolish joke compared with anything Forza.
  25. Mar 19, 2022
    I'll give it a 4 because I'm feeling nice. After the cafe stuff is done which took a few days then what? Did all the licenses which seemed pointless but did it for the completion part. Where are the endurance races? Update the game with some more races and we will talk.
  26. Mar 20, 2022
    Good gameplay, but if you scroll to some older reviews people will be talking about the game being a grind (unless you pay real money), and it was. But as of match 17th, the update that made players unable to play their single player game offline for 30+ hours, the grind has more than doubled, the races everyone was using to make the grind a little easier now give less than half the prizeGood gameplay, but if you scroll to some older reviews people will be talking about the game being a grind (unless you pay real money), and it was. But as of match 17th, the update that made players unable to play their single player game offline for 30+ hours, the grind has more than doubled, the races everyone was using to make the grind a little easier now give less than half the prize money. LESS THAN HALF. Please don't encourage these greedy game companies to do these rediculous business models. Don't buy the game and don't buy credits with real money. Please. Expand
  27. Mar 22, 2022
    All of the goodwill that polyphony has built up over the years is getting flushed on the tube thanks to this greedy post-release update.
  28. Mar 23, 2022
    Shameful scam, played through it in under a week, then they drastically cut the in game rewards forcing pay to play. Single player mode is boring and long winded, history and talking heads patronizing c**p. Binning it and never buying anything Sony again, PS5 order cancelled I will get an X Box, PS+ Subs cancelled. Nice one Sony / Polyphony 25 years of goodwill wiped out overnight, and IShameful scam, played through it in under a week, then they drastically cut the in game rewards forcing pay to play. Single player mode is boring and long winded, history and talking heads patronizing c**p. Binning it and never buying anything Sony again, PS5 order cancelled I will get an X Box, PS+ Subs cancelled. Nice one Sony / Polyphony 25 years of goodwill wiped out overnight, and I am not alone according to this. Update as I bought this on pre-order on disc from Amazon I have been able to return it for a refund, I suggest anyone who can does the same, maybe these greedy scumbags will get the message cos Amazon will get really irritated if thousands of copies are returned and refunded. Expand
  29. Apr 14, 2022
    Since the latest update, I would recommend either using this game as a frisbee, or, find a friend and see who can throw it in the trash from the longest distance.

The latest update was intended to rectify user complaints about players cheating and cutting corners. I get that. But how is it fair that if I get rammed into on a turn that I get a 5 second penalty for going out of bounds, another 5 second penalty for hitting a barrier, plus the time it takes to get back on the course, and they get nothing?

They ruined a great series with GT7 at the intersection of laziness and greed. I guess the alternative to laziness would cost money, so double greed.

1) The emphasis in the game is no longer on racing. The emphasis is on collecting; something no one asked for. They've created an artificial market of which they are the only benefactors.

2) The gift car (there are two types) and roulette systems are infuriating at times. Let's say you get a $700k Ferrari as a gift car. You think, sweet! Then, you find out that's a gift car for beating a race in the campaign two races down the road. When you beat that race, you get NOTHING. You don't get half the value of the car, a different car, just nothing. Even worse, let's say you bought that $700,000 Ferrari with credits. You are SOL. I've won cars on roulette tickets I already own or will win as gift cars in a race or two. Makes you go, well, that was a waste of time. All about making you spend money (which I refuse to do btw).

Receiving gift parts from roulette tickets is a waste too. Here's a part for a car you will never use in a race. Thanks. Also, not being able to dump cars you'll never race.

3) The interface, sucks. Say you get a campaign mission in the cafe. You have to exit the cafe (load time), enter the world map (load time), track down the course, and pull up the requirements (load time). You find out the car you want to use is a shade too powerful for the race, but you haven't installed a power restrictor on your car yet. You have to back all the way out, go into a different menu for the tuning parts, return, and tune the car.

4) There are an excessive amount of button taps in this game. Just to exit a race, I believe it's as much as 6 button taps.

5) The game seems very high on itself. There is a bunch of content forced upon you in the campaign that you wish that you could forward through.

6) Because of points 4-6, you feel like you spend more time dealing with the interface and loading than you do actually racing. This is especially true early on when the races are shorter. You'll spend 5-10 minutes selecting a car, buying tuning parts, tuning the car, to participate in a 75 second race.

7) The design of the campaign is lazy. You will race 3 races independently as part of a challenge. Then, the next challenge is to race the exact same 3 races, same competition, but without returning to the menu. Ooh, I'm really scared.

8) The campaign is short. 39 challenges in all, but consider 1/4 of those are super short or not related to racing at all. Take a picture, tune a car, visit this menu, get your car modded, get your oil changed, etc. Also the campaign is pretty easy.

9) This is probably the second thing I noticed about the game after the interface. They recycled about half of the soundtrack from GT Sport. You had years to produce a new game, I paid a premium for it, I expect a new soundtrack. A penny saved is a penny earned I guess.

10) It can be glitchy. Not often, but often enough. I've clipped through a wall and ended up half a lap ahead of where I was. That's the only time I recall it working in my favor.

11) The endurance races suck in 7. If you enjoy the marathons instead of sprints, stick to GT Sports.

Sport is by far the better game. If you enjoy a quality racing game, you need not go further than Sport. It doesn't have the variety of cars that 7 has, but you will also be saving yourself a lot of frustration and $60. If you do make the jump to 7, enjoy it for the racing. Do not get sucked into the collecting aspect.

Tips that might save some frustration with 7 if you already have it:

Buy the Mitsubishi Lancer early; the first time you can use an Asian 4WD. Cheap, a lot of potential with tuning, not a potential gift car, and probably the most versatile car when it comes to race requirements. You'll be pleased when you hit the rally races. You seldom are forced to buy a car to compete, but the rallies are an exception.

Research the gift cars you'll get along the line before you spend a single credit.

After completing the campaign, if you were frugal, you should have acquired a fair amount of credits. If you do endurance races, I'd invest in the Gr 3 F-type Jaguar ($450k) and Honda Epson ($800k). The Jaguar Is so far the most maneuverable Gr 3 I have driven in the game. The Epson sips gas. Some PP800 endurance races you can complete without refueling
  30. Mar 6, 2022
    Internet connection required for the solo campaign (WTF)
    3 times less cars than in GT6 and almost 2 times less than in Forza Motorsport 7
    No new race brought by the game (first time it happens in the franchise !) Microtransactions in-game prices multiplied by 8 for some cars ! lie on the fact that the game would be a next-gen' game 80$/80€ for a cross-gen game with nothing that justifies
    Internet connection required for the solo campaign (WTF)
    No new race brought by the game (first time it happens in the franchise !)
    Microtransactions in-game prices multiplied by 8 for some cars !
    lie on the fact that the game would be a next-gen' game
    80$/80€ for a cross-gen game with nothing that justifies or is worth the +10$/€

And all weaknesses of the franchise are still not corrected :
    poor IA,
    lack of car damages,
    free and unrealistic collisions,
    no speed feelings

88 metacritic ? Are you kidding me ?
  31. Mar 5, 2022
    Always-Online SINGLEPLAYER mode. Avoid at all costs. This is a full-price game you cannot own.
  32. Mar 7, 2022
    Игры в не политики Игры в не политики Игры в не политикиИгры в не политикиИгры в не политикиИгры в не политикиИгры в не политикиИгры в не политики
  33. Mar 6, 2022
    Thanks to Sony for removing the game from the Russian region. But it is worth reminding you that not all people support politics. We players want to have fun and stay away from what is happening in our country and in the neighboring country as much as possible! The nickname was invented to draw attention to this message. All peace and love! #NoWar
  34. Mar 6, 2022
    This game feels like it's creators no longer have any Fks to give, like they are over it..
    Look like a higher resolution ps3 game, riddled with greedy micro transactions..One of the dullest sim racers I've ever played due to vanilla AI and extremely dull artistry. Seriously these are the most boring looking tracks I've seen in a Triple A racer. Play Drive Club, gorgeous tracks and nail biting racing..
  35. Mar 5, 2022
    The game disappointed me, especially the graphics, I wish this was a PS5 next-gen exclusive.. Plus microtransactions are unnaceptable.
  36. Mar 6, 2022
    Сони спасибо, забрать игру после предзаказа и запуска. Все санкции которые вводят направлены на простых граждан ни в коем разе не задевают элиты, этот случай как раз про это. Всё помнят что делали японцы и немцы во время Второй мировой войны. МоотношеСони спасибо, забрать игру после предзаказа и запуска. Все санкции которые вводят направлены на простых граждан ни в коем разе не задевают элиты, этот случай как раз про это. Всё помнят что делали японцы и немцы во время Второй мировой войны. Моотноше
  37. Mar 14, 2022
    The short and sweet of my review is it's a good game but it's very underwhelming. There's only 400 something cars? Gran Turismo 6 had something close to 1200 cars and that was in 2013. With the car selection there's a suspicious lack of cars newer than 2017 and there's a super small collection of old Carson the game. It's lacking a lot of cheap older cars and there's a pathetic amount ofThe short and sweet of my review is it's a good game but it's very underwhelming. There's only 400 something cars? Gran Turismo 6 had something close to 1200 cars and that was in 2013. With the car selection there's a suspicious lack of cars newer than 2017 and there's a super small collection of old Carson the game. It's lacking a lot of cheap older cars and there's a pathetic amount of American cars in the game. The tracks feel stale because most of them were in gt sport, I wish polyphony would have more club/amateur tracks in Gran Turismo. Supposedly there's engine swaps in the game but you have to win the engines from roulette tickets that give you the worst prize 90% of the time. There's no crash physics in a 2022 sim racer. It's supposed to be "the real driving simulator" but it lacks features even a more arcadey game like Forza horizon has. This game definitely feels like it should've come out before or alongside gt sport, not after. Can't play when you're offline, cars cost $40 irl dollars for "realism". Can't be that worried about realism when I can modify the ecu in a carbureted car and adjust camber on a solid axle. **** modern gaming I'm sick of it Expand
  38. Xbd
    Mar 16, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is very bad in terms of moves and something strange is that it is a new game that was released this year and the graphics are not strong and the screen moves and arenas I did not like the worst car game I played I want my money Expand
  39. Mar 18, 2022
    Game requires always online for single player, and servers are constantly down for maintenance
    For the payers
  40. Mar 20, 2022
    Sony going the way of EA and Rockstar. Always online DRM, micro transactions, RNG rewards and earnings nerfs to push you toward spending real money. RIP Gran Turismo. I’ll be skipping GT8.
  41. Mar 17, 2022
    I was dumb enough pay for the more expensive version. As others have mentioned, single player campaign requires an internet connection. Take right now for instance. THEY screwed up their own game with their own update 1.07 and now they have shutdown the game for an "extended period" during primetime and have the nerve to ask for our patience! Any game company this stupid and greedyI was dumb enough pay for the more expensive version. As others have mentioned, single player campaign requires an internet connection. Take right now for instance. THEY screwed up their own game with their own update 1.07 and now they have shutdown the game for an "extended period" during primetime and have the nerve to ask for our patience! Any game company this stupid and greedy deserves a zero rating. Never again Sony! My plans to get a PS5 are canceled. They owe me at least half of the money I paid for GT7 as far as I see it. Expand
  42. Mar 18, 2022
    I am not going to repeat what I said on the PS5 version, just gonna say that I'd give a negative score if I could. Grindy just to encourage MTX, restrictive career and worst of all, it's been 2 days and you can't even f-----n play it. It is a joke, a cruel joke, and it's on us.
  43. Mar 18, 2022
    They baked in microtransaction greed and always online single player is killing the game faster than aids and believe it or not they just made it worse. Avoid at all costs.
  44. Mar 21, 2022
    This game is a fraudulent, poorly produced piece of garbage with very expensive microtransactions and online DRM. Good luck playing the game whenever the servers are down, even single player content! The graphics are also a disappointment as it doesn't look that much better than GT sports. The physics is not very accurate on some cars that I have drive in the real world. This game is notThis game is a fraudulent, poorly produced piece of garbage with very expensive microtransactions and online DRM. Good luck playing the game whenever the servers are down, even single player content! The graphics are also a disappointment as it doesn't look that much better than GT sports. The physics is not very accurate on some cars that I have drive in the real world. This game is not worth my time and energy. I have sold the game and gotten back my money, thank god! Expand
  45. Mar 20, 2022
    Don’t buy this game. You should play GT Sport instead!! At least, you will not have to grind so hard or pay extra real money to buy the cars you want in GT Sport and the graphic is similar to this GT7.
  46. Mar 22, 2022
    I've played this game for a few days now and put some good hours into this game..
    So the game releases, reviewers review the game.
    W.e. they give it a rating.. a few days later Playstation adds micro transactions. The game is pretty boring and the game feels like it's a Playstation 2/ 3 game. The whole Cafe thing ... really Playstation?? The game is pretty boring.. Playstation is just
    So the game releases, reviewers review the game.
    The game is pretty boring and the game feels like it's a Playstation 2/ 3 game.
    The whole Cafe thing ... really Playstation??
    The game is pretty boring.. Playstation is just getting lazy it seems.
    The game is always online, so yeah the game was down for over 24 hours so no one was aloud to play the game.
    The game was pretty hard to make money to buy things for your vehicle or buying vehicles was hard because of the prices and how much you get from races.
    So a new patch for the game came out !!! Yayroght and Playstation cut the money you get from the races in half so now its so much hard to do anything.... Well the game is meh.. sometimes it looks beautiful.. but really there is a lot of better games out there to play..
    Xboxs Forza different racing game but it's fun and beautiful! Really play that instead if you can.. I give it a 3/10...
    Playstation get your stuff together.
  47. Mar 22, 2022
    This game is ruined at every level by micro transactions and an always online single player.
  48. Mar 21, 2022
    Shame on Sony for connexion requirement
    In algeria we have bad connection. And all my money are fine to buy gt7 br
  49. Mar 18, 2022
    I used to like GT in PSX, a lot, but not anymore, GT7 is basically a GT Sport, It doesn't feel like it brings anything new, in fact it feels like an old GT. Great job on marketing selling it, but quite disappointed after buying and played. For me the most annoying thing is that Very often the game is updating so I can't even play in solo mode as it needs internet all the time.
  50. Mar 20, 2022
    "The real microtransaction simulator". That's the real long term vision, right Kaz?
  51. Mar 17, 2022
    The microtransactions killed it, it literally feels like a predatory mobile game.
  52. Mar 17, 2022
    This whole needing to update weekly rubbish is so frustrating when you pay good money and expect a game to be playable from day one. I can't rate the game any higher than zero if the developers make it unplayable. Has been unplayable for almost a day now. I miss the old days when a game worked from day one and didn't need constant updates which made it arguably worse. Did the idiots whoThis whole needing to update weekly rubbish is so frustrating when you pay good money and expect a game to be playable from day one. I can't rate the game any higher than zero if the developers make it unplayable. Has been unplayable for almost a day now. I miss the old days when a game worked from day one and didn't need constant updates which made it arguably worse. Did the idiots who made this not try playing it before releasing it to literally millions of people? Expand
  53. Mar 17, 2022
    It wasn't easy to ruin such a beautiful game with a glorious past, but Polyphony made it. After 9 Years from the last predecessor (no, I don't consider "Sport" a real GT game) we can finally play a GT with less cars and a weak difficulty curve, where you can't make money by selling cars you don't want but can pay real money for fake in-game credits. And, well, you need an internetIt wasn't easy to ruin such a beautiful game with a glorious past, but Polyphony made it. After 9 Years from the last predecessor (no, I don't consider "Sport" a real GT game) we can finally play a GT with less cars and a weak difficulty curve, where you can't make money by selling cars you don't want but can pay real money for fake in-game credits. And, well, you need an internet connection to enjoy it, all for just 70€.

Well done, guys.
  54. Mar 21, 2022
    山內一典, Go **** yourself.山內一典, Go **** yourself.山內一典, Go **** yourself.
  55. Mar 21, 2022
    The game freezes on PS4, does not work without online, microtransactions and "thanks" to Sony for putting Kazakhstan in the same region with Russia and blocking it!!!
  56. Mar 19, 2022
    Between all the updates, downloads and the extended "server maintenance" I've spent more time waiting to play the game I bought than actually playing it. Waste of time

Finally played the game...online daily races in Sport mode is broken. Can't see other players online. Racing alone defeats purpose of online racing.
  57. Mar 19, 2022
    Read my username. Sony and Polyphony Digital (more like Phoney) are both greedy. I've been a Gran Turismo fan since the first one but they just screwed this one. Gran Turismo? more like Gran Poor-ismo, after nerfing the money payouts to force users to pay for the stupid micro transactions. You have to be always online so you always get updated when they destroy something even more. YouRead my username. Sony and Polyphony Digital (more like Phoney) are both greedy. I've been a Gran Turismo fan since the first one but they just screwed this one. Gran Turismo? more like Gran Poor-ismo, after nerfing the money payouts to force users to pay for the stupid micro transactions. You have to be always online so you always get updated when they destroy something even more. You can't sell the cars you don't want to make more credits. Screw you PolyPHONEY B**chital. I'm never buying another GT game ever again. I'm taking my talents to Forza. Expand
  58. Mar 21, 2022
    Always online, Microtransactions, handholdy career mode and nothing to do after the career is done besides exploiting ways to earn money which still takes ages to do because they nerfed the payouts..
  59. Mar 21, 2022
    Was excited to get back into Gran Turismo after playing Forza for years. Really liked the driving and handling of the cars but the menu setup is a little complicated. Didn't mind grinding a little bit for credits but after their most recent patch, they cut back the amount of credits you can earn on many races. Basically trying to force people to buy credits through theirWas excited to get back into Gran Turismo after playing Forza for years. Really liked the driving and handling of the cars but the menu setup is a little complicated. Didn't mind grinding a little bit for credits but after their most recent patch, they cut back the amount of credits you can earn on many races. Basically trying to force people to buy credits through their microtransactions by making it harder to earn them in-game. Can't sell cars in the game anymore either. I've completely stopped playing the game as it's not worth my time anymore. It has become laborious to play and I don't find it enjoying at all. I'd get a refund if I could. $70 down the drain and will likely be the last GT game I buy.

Also. requires you to be online to play for single player.
  60. Mar 22, 2022
    The worst update in the world. It has a mechanism that makes it impossible to buy expensive cars that cannot be bought in the real world, even in the game. This means that after purchasing this game at full price, you will be required to pay a huge amount of additional charges. It's better to rent a Ferrari than to charge for a game like this.
  61. Mar 22, 2022
    Jeu incomplet et non conforme à la description, récompenses beaucoup trop faibles (crédits ).
  62. Mar 22, 2022
    So disappointed. The gameplay and graphics are fine, but everything else has gone backward. I don't think it's going to have the fun replay value like the previous versions had.

And based on the new valuations, I don't think I'll ever get my new Skyline.
  63. Mar 22, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game is half way finished, riddled with bugs, the economy is so bad it makes you realize how good the current real world economy is. They went insanely high with micro transactions. They got upset that people were finding ways to actually make some money and nerfed those races. Clearly they have gone insane with greed and don't care about their fans anymore. Expand
  64. Mar 6, 2022
    Really !! Always online for the adventure mode ? Unbelievable, the game is the same thing that GT Sport , pretty bad.
  65. Mar 6, 2022
    Why are you selling the 2015 game at full price? The graphics are at the level of 2015. No improvements. Departures during the race! Online is dead on the release of the game.. Sony you killed the game. This is a masochist simulator. Why did you enter transactions for $ 30 per car model??? With such transactions, the game should be free to play and free. There is no support. I hung upWhy are you selling the 2015 game at full price? The graphics are at the level of 2015. No improvements. Departures during the race! Online is dead on the release of the game.. Sony you killed the game. This is a masochist simulator. Why did you enter transactions for $ 30 per car model??? With such transactions, the game should be free to play and free. There is no support. I hung up during the race. Upgrades are flying off the car. Cars are mostly Japanese only. With right hand drive Expand
  66. Mar 5, 2022
    Мерзкие поступки! Сделал предзаказ, скачал игру, зашел поиграл 20 минут вышел пошел спать, на следующий день прихожу значит с работы настраиваю руль запускаю playstation и вижу на игре ЗАМОК! WTF sony?! это нарушении лицензионных соглашений! GAMES OUT OF POLITICS!
    И да в игре Отвратительный дождь и главный позор, тут добавили МИКРОТРАНЗАКЦИИ ! Уроды!
    Vile deeds! I made a pre-order,
    Vile deeds! I made a pre-order, downloaded the game, went in and played for 20 minutes, went out to sleep, the next day I come back from work, I adjust the steering wheel, I start the playstation and I see a LOCK on the game! WTF sony?! This is a violation of license agreements! GAMES OUT OF POLITICS!
    and yes in the game disgusting rain,
    and the main shame, MICROTRANSACTIONS have been added here! Freaks!
  67. Mar 21, 2022
    No multiplayer unless you go through their bot campaign like a pig on a wheel.
    No offline mode unless you are online.
    No online multiplayer unless you finish their "Cafe". ?? Menu transition is slow AF. Remove the long intro/startup time. Servers were down the whole day which turned the game into a glorified demo. Cars are expensive. Tracks and events are locked unless you finish
    No multiplayer unless you go through their bot campaign like a pig on a wheel.
    No offline mode unless you are online.
    No online multiplayer unless you finish their "Cafe". ??
    Menu transition is slow AF.
    Remove the long intro/startup time.
    Servers were down the whole day which turned the game into a glorified demo.
    Cars are expensive.
    Tracks and events are locked unless you finish their bot campaign.
    Annoying modes like "Cafe" sh*t
    WTF Polyphony Digital???!!!!
  68. Mar 23, 2022
    It was a decent game until they funnelled the gamers into microtransactions.
  69. Mar 23, 2022
    Should've bought Elden Ring instead! To change the credits reward in the middle of an update was just a very sick move Sony!!
  70. Mar 5, 2022
    Crashed 2 times on my PS4. Had to play it on my brother's PS5. To be honest, the game is a huge disappointment even on next gen consoles.
  71. Mar 6, 2022
    This still plays like a ps1 game with poor physics. The game view has the car look too small and far. The characters look like ps1 polygon models. Poor designs poor gameplay. Car is more like it keeps going straight and camera turns itself along racetrack
  72. Mar 23, 2022
    What a disappointment. Servers often down and the microtransactions ruin the whole game. Thanks sony. I will think twice in the future if I pre-order a product from you again!
  73. Mar 21, 2022
    Don't say PAY!!!

Sony and Polyphony are
    mercenaries. The game is full price. We want our cars fairly!
  74. Mar 22, 2022
    It was a decent game, until they funneled the gamers into micro transactions. The full game (including offline) is not playable because the servers are down. Paid 100 EUR for this…
  75. Mar 22, 2022
    Avoid!!

On the track GT7 is great. Driving feels really connected and works lovely out of the box with a steering wheel. However, the game around it is terrible. The same old process of following cars round the track starting at the back of the conga line. Broken in game economy where credits come very slowly and cars are overpriced forcing you towards micro transactions. No way of
    Avoid!!

However, the game around it is terrible. The same old process of following cars round the track starting at the back of the conga line. Broken in game economy where credits come very slowly and cars are overpriced forcing you towards micro transactions. No way of selling back cars. Online only single player with servers going down for 24 hours. Gran Turismo was a game that defined racing games for many years but unfortunately it is now a cash cow for Sony who have shown this generation that their business model is no longer “for the player”!

76. Mar 18, 2022
    Do not buy GT7! Polyphony now only cares about profits and have completely destroyed this series.
  77. Mar 21, 2022
    Micro transactions.
    They lowered some races prizes of races players grind.
    Always online for single player.
    To get some cars you have to grind and their reason is that they are expensive and difficult to get in real life so you can’t get them in the game unless you buy micro transactions.
  78. Mar 19, 2022
    Collect hundreds of cars costing up to $40. Each patch will make it harder for you to earn in-game currency. (VIPs have everything unlocked from the start) Polyphony 2022
  79. Mar 18, 2022
    It is a real GT game with lots of cars and races but there are a few differences. You need to be online to play anything beyond a few basic races with a minimal set of cars. Everything else you have unlocked is unavailable until you are online. Not always a big deal but as of 3/18/2022 the servers have been down for over 24 hours.

Payouts for races have been lowered. A few were raised

Payouts for races have been lowered. A few were raised but the total amount of the ones that were lowered is much more than those that were increased.

You can use real money to buy cars. Not a huge deal to me, I am fine with grinding if I really want a car. The real issue is that the online races allow for modified cars that you can upgrade them with better parts. So if someone with just OK skills want to throw money at a car they will have a better car. Makes the online races pay to win.
  80. Mar 19, 2022
    Nearly every directional concept about Gran Turismo 7 should be reprimanded. Long gone is the fun and progressive "real driving simulator" from our childhoods.

GT7's single player content pales in comparison to previous titles, essentially feeling like a long-winded tutorial. Many other elements feel similarly underwhelming and underdeveloped. The developers also clearly push players

The developers also clearly push players towards microtransaction purchases, going as far as utilizing alarming FOMO tactics, rather than rewarding us as we advance through our racing careers.

This game is simply not what was expected, or even advertised. The dearth of single-player content, combined with a restricting and unfulfilling progression system, makes this game legitimately hard to return to, which for a title containing as much history as this one, hurts a great deal.

One last thing I want to mention is the baffling fact that 99% of the game's content, meaning all story-related modes and earnings, are tied to online connectivity. Servers go down? You're SOL... which has currently been the case for the last *20 hours (!!!!!)* since writing this review. Simply unacceptable.
  81. Mar 23, 2022
    This is much worse than gt sport. Bad online GUI, cant save a lobby, steering gets stuck, and so on.
  82. Mar 21, 2022
    It requires to be always online in single player mode and feels like the main goal of the game is selling microtransactions. Also you can have huge difficulties to connect to the servers. The microtransactions itself are expensive compared to former entries in the franchise. You need a lot of money for a single car. Seen the comment here on Metacritic in the review from Sr_Fumacas “… thatIt requires to be always online in single player mode and feels like the main goal of the game is selling microtransactions. Also you can have huge difficulties to connect to the servers. The microtransactions itself are expensive compared to former entries in the franchise. You need a lot of money for a single car. Seen the comment here on Metacritic in the review from Sr_Fumacas “… that the next update will make us pay to get fuel to race” and will not be surprised by this. I would advice to stay away from the game as it is not worth your money. Maybe in a few months they fix the issues if not stay away. A game like this or better said developer should not be supported. Expand
  83. Mar 20, 2022
    Only buy if you love microtransactions. A pity since it has great potential as fun racing game
  84. Mar 23, 2022
    El peor GT de la saga, y mira que el sport ya era basura.
    - Plagado de micropagos.
    - Gráficos penosos. Los asseto o project originales, tienen más detalle. - Sensación nula de velocidad. - Conexión permanente a internet, si no, no juegas. - se nota que es barato en la producción, menús pobres, sin ninguna voz humana, la iluminación y los reflejos son penosos. Recomendación, no lo
    El peor GT de la saga, y mira que el sport ya era basura.
    - Plagado de micropagos.
    - Gráficos penosos. Los asseto o project originales, tienen más detalle.
    - Sensación nula de velocidad.
    - Conexión permanente a internet, si no, no juegas.

Recomendación, no lo compres ni loco.
  85. Mar 23, 2022
    BASURA que requiere internet permanente para funcionar. No me funciona, lo voy a devolver.
  86. Mar 22, 2022
    I can't believe in bought this game. Biggest mistake I've made this year. Thank god for Elden Ring. Only paid the sixty haven't asked for a cent more and the variety and options are close to limitless. Get your crap together.
  87. Mar 21, 2022
    1) This game requires you to be online for virtually all of its single player content. There is ZERO reason for this. Unfortunately, unless people stop buying games that force this 'you must be connected at all times' model, it will keep happening. I bought a GAME, not an ongoing SERVICE.

2) During the review period right before the game's launch, there were no microtransactions in the game to report. As soon as all the reviews went live and the game released, suddenly after every race, you were reminded that you could buy credits for real money on the PSN store. Huh. I wonder why they didn't do that while all the major publications were reviewing it...that's one heck of a coincidence.

3) If you get a ticket as a reward for completing an objective, when you go to cash it in, you're presented with a roulette wheel with 5 prizes on it, and it starts spinning. You instinctively believe that you have a 20% chance to win any of the prizes. NOPE. You always win the lowest prize. The game is fixed. Look, if you're only going to give me 2000 credits, that's fine, but don't tease me into thinking that I might win a lot more.

4) Invitations. So, a random manufacturer will send you an invitation to buy a special vehicle for a limited time only. This is more pressure for you to spend real money on credits, otherwise you won't have time to grind out the money for this car before the invitation ends, because the race payouts are so low.

5) Exactly 14 days after the game's release, patch 1.08 cut just about every race's winnings in half. You read that correctly...IN HALF. This was already a grindy game with fairly low payouts before the patch, and now they're just slapping you in the face while yelling "GO BUY CREDITS WITH REAL MONEY AT THE STORE, DUM-DUM!"

This is too much. No matter how quality the game is, you get the distinct impression that these people are trying to milk you of every cent possible, and have no respect for your time. Well, up yours, Polyphony Digital. If you don't fix this, I will never buy another one of your products. These issues were all self-inflicted. Don't be so incredibly greedy (and creepy...allow offline single player campaign, please.)
  88. Mar 22, 2022
    Looks like a upscaled PS3 game (Even on Ps5) Microtransactions. Always online. This game is n itself a good game (Even if the graphics is kind of outdated and the soundtrack is awful) But it is totally destroyed by microtransacions and the always online is just horrible.

I loved Gran turismo before this game. If things dont change i will not buy Gran Turismo 8
  89. Mar 25, 2022
    Mandatory online campaign mode, lots of bugs on, stupid AI, and now they cut the rewards to make you pay for micro-transactions. Pathetic it's the correct definition of this actions, just pathetic!
  90. Mar 22, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A great driving simulator totally and utterly destroyed with microtransactions. Currently seeking a refund. Avoid! Expand
  91. Mar 18, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game marred by disgusting greed. In addition to the price of the game, the emphasis is of collecting cars, yet the in race rewards are pitiful. This has been made worse by the latest update cutting the rewards to 'not worth entering' races.

Coupled to that is the absolute joke of the FIXED roulette reward system that 9 tomes out of ten will give you the very basest coin reward.

There are clearly predatory microtransactions in the psn store and the in game earnings have been cut to push you to spending real world money to progress in the game. Purchasing and tuning a car in GT7 is horrendously expensive. I have been doing a race over and over to earn 60,000 credits a time because I refuse to spend any more money on this game, 60,000 goes nowhere. You may need 350,000 to properly tune a car. This 60,000 has now been cut to 10,000. I'm not stupid and I refuse to pay real world money for credits in an online only game.

I never thought I would see polyphony digital align itself with the behaviour and business models of EA and Bethesda.
  92. Mar 22, 2022
    Since the last update, the rewards are so low that the game has now become a proper pay-to-win game.
  93. Mar 18, 2022
    Great game, an awesome chapter of the franchise, love the gameplay and sound effects!
  94. Mar 17, 2022
    As a fan of racing games like Forza, Nightclub, Dirt, and so on. This is probably the "ok" game experience despite the microtransaction since the patch release that makes it difficult to earn cars. However, the gameplay and the graphics are outstanding since grand Turismo sport.
  95. Mar 25, 2022
    A Sony mentiu que o Gran Turismo 7 seria exclusivo do PlayStation 5, a versão para PlayStation 4 não deveria existir, a versão do PlayStation 4 limitou a evolução da versão do PlayStation 5. Pare de mentir Sony.
  96. Mar 31, 2022
    Best GT so far . 99% realistic and the tuning system is finally back again.
    1 point because of the expensive micro transaction! That we always have to be online isn’t fun either!
  97. Mar 21, 2022
    Can’t even play it. Spent all their time gimmicking the microtransactions. Can’t even sell your cars? Do not buy this trash
  98. Mar 22, 2022
    This is my GT7 review in a Pro Con List form.

The Pros: -Good graphics with HDR support. -GT Auto is back and it's mostly the same as Gran Turismo 6's, nothing wrong with that. -Widebodies is a good addition to the game and can be easily bought. -Good selection of tracks. -Any car paint can be bought although preview car is not your current car. -Scapes is a very good camera
    This is my GT7 review in a Pro Con List form.

The Pros:
    -Good graphics with HDR support.
    -Widebodies is a good addition to the game and can be easily bought.
    -Good selection of tracks.
    -Any car paint can be bought although preview car is not your current car.
    -Scapes is a very good camera feature.
    -Custom races are very customizable but the payout is super terible.

The Middle:
    -Engine swaps are a new addition to the series but are locked behind the terrible roulette system.
    -Visual parts are back but there not much different from Gran Turismo 6's.
    -The instrumental music is very good while the vocal music is bad, so it's just a weird clash of old music with new music.
    -A lot of new tuning options but a good chunk of cars cannot be upgraded with a turbo.
    -Lacking a lot of races when compared to GT Sport and older GT titles.
    -Music rally is fine
    -GT Cafe is a very good addition but it's pretty short and the speech bubbles get annoying after a while.

The Cons:
    -Used dealership updates 1-3 cars whenever it wants.
    -Terrible roulette system that gives out barebone prizes and locks away sought after parts behind it.
    -Race payouts were lowered in a update while car prices remained the same.
    -99% of the game is online only
    -Mircotransactions are a lot worse than GT Sport's and Gran Turismo 6's.
    -Barely any new recent cars.
    -Legend Dealership has too many highly priced cars that shouldn't be even that high in a racing game.
    -Cars in your garage cannot be sold, only discarded.
  99. May 10, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Garbage! Infinity grind!....
    Passe o resto da sua vida jogando essa p0rcaria e na hora de sua morte, você vai ter se arrependido de perder toda sua vida fazendo grind pra comprar um único carro descente.
    Esse jogo deveria ser gratuito, já que as "micro" transações são mais caras que o próprio jogo!
  100. Mar 21, 2022
    目前mc评分2.0分,还有望突破更低,400多的买断制游戏,内加氪金,上一座gtsport一小时收益200w,买一辆迈凯轮f1只要100w,任务送车,每日跑10分钟送车,玩到49级2000w的古董车我都买了3辆了,玩到50级可以说钱多的我都不知道要买什么车,(因为我不全收集车,各项赛事需要的车和想买的都买齐了)而gt7收益一直砍,一小时累死累活60w,关键同样的车涨价,迈凯轮f1从gts的100w直接1800w,原来半小时买的车现在要30小时,直接翻了60倍,gts直接用钱买迈凯轮f1,21hk,gt7买迈凯轮只能充值1800w=1300hk,我只想说,山内qnmd!再有下一作直接出手游吧!目前mc评分2.0分,还有望突破更低,400多的买断制游戏,内加氪金,上一座gtsport一小时收益200w,买一辆迈凯轮f1只要100w,任务送车,每日跑10分钟送车,玩到49级2000w的古董车我都买了3辆了,玩到50级可以说钱多的我都不知道要买什么车,(因为我不全收集车,各项赛事需要的车和想买的都买齐了)而gt7收益一直砍,一小时累死累活60w,关键同样的车涨价,迈凯轮f1从gts的100w直接1800w,原来半小时买的车现在要30小时,直接翻了60倍,gts直接用钱买迈凯轮f1,21hk,gt7买迈凯轮只能充值1800w=1300hk,我只想说,山内qnmd!再有下一作直接出手游吧!
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 6, 2022
    Gran Turismo 7 strikes the perfect balance between accessibility and realism in a way that caters to casual players and veterans. It's a gorgeous racing game with a surprisingly addictive gameplay loop thanks to the new Café and Menu Books systems. While some modes are certainly not as strong as others, Gran Turismo 7 checks almost all the boxes of what a driving simulator should be.
  2. Mar 11, 2022
    A return to form for Gran Turismo. After too many years, Polyphony Digital crafted an almost perfect iteration of Gran Turismo, where past and present blend together for an epic journey through the car culture.
  3. Playstation 4 and 5 consoles finally got the Gran Turismo game they deserved. Despite its minor flaws, the real driving simulation series is back to its roots with Gran Turismo 7.