8.5

1. Nov 9, 2018
    Although the story and cutscenes appear to have been shorted due to the financial strain of IO Interactive finally having to buy the Hitman IP from SE and seek out outside publiahing, the core of Hitman is more uncompromising than ever. Where Hitman 2016 had caused divisiveness in perception of the new design philosophy, Hitman 2 fills itself out to be unquestionably the definitive HitmanAlthough the story and cutscenes appear to have been shorted due to the financial strain of IO Interactive finally having to buy the Hitman IP from SE and seek out outside publiahing, the core of Hitman is more uncompromising than ever. Where Hitman 2016 had caused divisiveness in perception of the new design philosophy, Hitman 2 fills itself out to be unquestionably the definitive Hitman experience.

At its core, Hitman 2 retains a mildly similar engine to its predecessor, but the real underlying changes add a whole new depth to the challenge of the game. Hiding in foliage presents a whole new layer of strategy, while the previously-overpowered instinct has had many of its properties toned down to keep it viable while keeping it from being a source of near-omnipotence. Head tracking js better than ever, and depth of field is improved, so even going back to Legacy chapters, the internal metagame requires a bit more care and precision. Enemies do indeed respond in real time to mirror reflections, and minor AI variation has been implemented to prevent certain easier assassination methods from being 100% bulletproof.

In keeping custom contract creation with both the new locations and the Legacy locations, along with the addition of a multiplayer Ghost Mode (currently in beta) and a co-op featured Sniper Assassin mode, Hitman 2 is also now officialky the most content-complete stealth game ever created - especially with the decision to shy away completely from episodic content.

The online-only requirement and elusive targets may scare some people away, but the previous game was actually made better by the inclusion of these community systems, so hopefully this game fares as well in that area too. Surprisingly for a game which has been fully integrated with a previous, two-year-old game, the network functions are surprisingly robust, and load times are infinitely improved.

If you were never a fan of Hitman or stealth games as their core, then this game will probably not sway your decision any more than the last game. But for fans of the genre, it may be lacking in story, but story was never the franchise's real strength: for a game that appears to just be 'more of a good thing', it's worth noting that Hitman 2 pulls off a major feat by feeling strongly familiar, yet completely different. While the game is essentially Hitman Season 2, the entire experience has been completely overhauled from the ground up, and if you include the content of the Legacy Pack, new players will have two whole games worth of completely overhauled progression-based stealth gameplay, and a whole host of endlessly-replayable community and multiplayer functions entirely separate from the main game
  2. Nov 10, 2018
    Hitman isn't for everybody, if you didn't enjoy the first season then you're definitely not going to enjoy this one. However if like me you absolutely loved the first season then you're going to love this one even more. It's essentially the same amazing gameplay from season one but now there are six huge brand new levels to explore and murder people in. However this time, better attentionHitman isn't for everybody, if you didn't enjoy the first season then you're definitely not going to enjoy this one. However if like me you absolutely loved the first season then you're going to love this one even more. It's essentially the same amazing gameplay from season one but now there are six huge brand new levels to explore and murder people in. However this time, better attention has been paid to level design and the levels are more consistent in quality, whereas in the first some levels were great but others were lacking. If you love Hitman then this developer deserves all your support. They're one of the few developers left who make game like this. Buy this game, it's worth it. Expand
  3. Nov 9, 2018
    Everything I wanted in another installment of Hitman. Large dense levels, each map is different from the last, weapons and AI have improved, and new mechanics. My favorite "new" mechanic being the picture in picture display of events, returning from the older games.

The developer really listened to the community, fixing several annoying issues and even bringing in all the levels from season 1, with improvements - FREE for those who own Hitman, as well as some other goodies for people who supported the 2016 game.

Absolutely having a blast so far, looking forward to learning all the corners of the levels - which will take quite awhile.
  4. Nov 10, 2018
    Season 2, that everyone who played the previous game really wanted, but without the episodic format.

Levels are better than Season 1, with more consistent quality and no annoying levels like Colorado. The fact that they remastered the entire previous game, and give it for free (or for 20$, if you don't own it) nearly doubles the value here. Also, for the first time ever, PvP multiplayer.

Game journos whining about "feels like Hitman 1.5" can shove it, it's the Season 2 that everyone asked for + much more than that... of course it shares some elements with Season 1, don't fix what isn't broken.
  5. Nov 21, 2018
    Hitman 2 is another substantial entry in the franchise that plot-wise is becoming very intriguing to say the least with the twists this chapter introduces. There is no real major changes to the gameplay or the mechanics, which is a probably a good thing considering IO Interactive has the formula on lock and has for many years. With all the plotlines, ways to solve all of the contracts andHitman 2 is another substantial entry in the franchise that plot-wise is becoming very intriguing to say the least with the twists this chapter introduces. There is no real major changes to the gameplay or the mechanics, which is a probably a good thing considering IO Interactive has the formula on lock and has for many years. With all the plotlines, ways to solve all of the contracts and new content arriving soon, the replayability factor is off the chart. Plus, the first Elusive Contract is Sean Bean himself. How often you can execute a hit on Boromir in The Lord of the Rings, Alec Trevelyan from Goldeneye, Chris Da Silva from Silent Hill or Eddard “Ned” Stark from Game of Thrones all in one go? The Starks will endure? Not if Agent 47 has anything to say about it. Expand
  6. Nov 22, 2018
    Great game! Much like the predecessor it gives you lots of freedom to do whatever you want to!
  7. Nov 24, 2018
    Thoroughly decent new entry to the series continuing everything that worked from the 2016 'refresh'. Engrossing blend of clockwork ai patterns, detailed environments, humour and fun gameplay. It can feel a bit last gen in some ways, but it is just so fiendishly addictive and detailed in its execution I cant stop thinking about playing each level just one more time... And the ability toThoroughly decent new entry to the series continuing everything that worked from the 2016 'refresh'. Engrossing blend of clockwork ai patterns, detailed environments, humour and fun gameplay. It can feel a bit last gen in some ways, but it is just so fiendishly addictive and detailed in its execution I cant stop thinking about playing each level just one more time... And the ability to load in legacy versions of the first season into its install is fantastic. It makes me wonder if one day IOI could deliver a super next gen interconnected hitman 'world'! Expand
  8. Nov 17, 2018
    having tried the free prologue, its safe to say that it's an improvement from the first by major means. the games need to have a more proper story (im looking at you, absolution) and should not be online only. otherwise it seems pretty fun to play
  9. Nov 26, 2018
    Not many games especially in my uni years caught this much attention of mine. If you were a fan of the 2016 Hitman you will seriously enjoy this, they packed everything they could and even tho it's not perfect and I encountered some bugs, this is still the most fun Hitman game I have ever played and I'm coming from Hitman 2 Silent Assassin and Blood Money so believe me this is a must buyNot many games especially in my uni years caught this much attention of mine. If you were a fan of the 2016 Hitman you will seriously enjoy this, they packed everything they could and even tho it's not perfect and I encountered some bugs, this is still the most fun Hitman game I have ever played and I'm coming from Hitman 2 Silent Assassin and Blood Money so believe me this is a must buy if your truly love the Hitman game style because we have a lot here! 10/10 Expand
  10. Feb 12, 2019
    This game is absolutely amazing, good graphics, good gameplay, good levels, fun challenges, and you can approach any mission anyway you want. My only problem is that if you are playing offline. you can still play, but the challenges you do and the XP you earn don't get added to your profile. so there is really no point of playing offline. Other than that, a great game.
  11. Nov 20, 2018
    An enjoyable sequel to one of the best games of 2017. Check it out if you were a fan of the first one for sure
  12. Nov 17, 2018
    A game that knows exactly what it is and flawlessly executes its vision with only a few forgivable hiccups along the way. Always Online is the reason for most of the negative reviews, but it's entirely justified in the format the game is presented in.
  13. Nov 13, 2018
    Excellent game, improves on the last installment in many ways. Massive amount of things to do if you want to complete all the challenges.
  14. Nov 16, 2018
    A worthy successor to Hitman 2016. I am so glad IOI got a chance to make more after Square-Enix dropped them. They will always have my full support for creating a kind of sand-box stealth game that are very rare these days. Let alone Hitman games which are completely unique unto themselves.

It is probably important to think of this as Hitman 2016 Season 2, as it was probably likely intentioned as before the shake up with the publisher. Despite that there are lots of important improvements and added mechanics that change how the game is played. Foliage, crowd blending, mirrors, etc add up.

Additionally, having Season 1 content transfer into the new game makes it clear this is what IOI hopes to keep as the Hitman frontpage going forward. I rarely buy Season Passes in advance but I have faith in IOI based on how they managed Hitman 2016. I look foward to seeing how the game continues to expand.

The levels in this game are larger than ever and the vast amount of assassination opprotunities are varied. I have already got all the challenges on the first stage and now working on Miami. I look foward to going through each stage meticulously.

If you liked Hitman 2016, then this is a brain dead obvious purchase.
  15. Nov 9, 2018
    The game is quite fresh with new stuff to do, it's a pretty decent sequel to Hitman which is nice, the game could have improved a little more on the gameplay though.
  16. Nov 20, 2018
    Hitman 2 isn't magnificent or 10/10, but it's a solid experience with great replay ability on each level. I felt like there are even more ways to deal with targets on each and every map, so the replaying was like solving a riddle with an alternative solution, which is really satisfying.
    I can't say, that Hitman 2 is really innovative in terms of mechanics, but that doesn't matter If they are polished and almost perfect(unless IO will make Hitman 3 the same. IO interactive, please don't :) ). By the way, don't try to shoot in this game, because it felt like a nightmare. Really, it is so tempting to take a big riffle and start shooting, but it felt like shooting in Deus Ex(possible, but unsatisfying and really clumsy(so don't shoot, unless it's a camera).
    if you are desperately trying to find a great stealth-action came - Hitman 2 is your way to go(considering that there aren't that many good games in this genre in 2018). For now it's a great game, which makes almost everything right, but doesn't really add much in terms of the gameplay. Let's hope that this project will be a success for IO and that their new game will bring Hitman to a new level of quality or that their new IP will make a breakthrough. (By the way, sorry for my English, if it was hard for you to understand)
  17. Nov 13, 2018
    this game is much more better, and level design improve from previos game, AI is such better too, i really love this Series game of hitman, i was played from the first Hitman (code name 47) this series is good nostalgic for me :)
  18. Nov 10, 2018
    The first game was to be from the beginning with io interactive, not with square enix and this policy of playing in episodes full of microtransactions. excellent game but with little change compared to the previous one. 8/10
  19. Nov 12, 2018
    Just really fun, rewarding game play and a beautiful game. It's really more of the same from the 2016 game, which i have no complaints about. The legacy pack to add the 2016 levels to this game for free was nice (i definitely got lucky buying that game late and i get why people are pissed if they didn't get this free with the goty edition, thats bs to not reward people for buying your gameJust really fun, rewarding game play and a beautiful game. It's really more of the same from the 2016 game, which i have no complaints about. The legacy pack to add the 2016 levels to this game for free was nice (i definitely got lucky buying that game late and i get why people are pissed if they didn't get this free with the goty edition, thats bs to not reward people for buying your game full price and early). Either way, I'm hooked on this series again and love having 12 full levels of Hitman to try and perfect. Expand
  20. Nov 19, 2018
    More like 8,5/10 than 9/10.

More like 8,5/10 than 9/10.

The life of a spy isn't a very pleasant job. Snake and Sam Fisher knows that feeling. Avoid being discovered, wearing disguises, discovering certain information, avoiding making noises, creating distractions, pursuing and eliminating targets, and making the evidence disappear. All this is part of the life of an agent for governmental purposes or, in some cases, to save the world. And the life of Agent 47 created by IO Interactive couldn't be different.

Here our friend 47 travels on a mission to hunt down the strange Shadow Client and dismember his militia. And the first clue is to find the location of Alma Reynard, who is the lieutenant of the Shadow Client. And the rest... you have to find out for yourselves as always.

Well, as I said before, avoiding being discovered, wearing disguises, and making use of the tools at our disposal to complete the mission is part of the DNA of the Hitman series. But nothing is that simple. To get into certain restricted places where the targets or secret information are, we have to be disguised and yet we must be careful because some individuals know "their troops". And the solution to this is to stand with our backs to them, or hide in the tall grass or in the middle of the crowd. Avoid making noise? No kicking around with the target with witnesses nearby and no bang bang without muffler. Yes, it's a good idea to eliminate our targets with our silencer gun, but there are other ways to eliminate targets such as being killed when they ingest drinks with rat poison or pushing them directly from a tall building. As you can see, there are a thousand and one ways to eliminate the targets, as long as there are no witnesses.

We can also create distractions for certain individuals including targets, such as the open bathroom faucet, all to lure our fly into our spider's web. But a very rare occasion, probably a bug, I saw one of the targets on one of the missions "undecided" whether to close the bathroom faucet or not. But it was a strange little detail. For those who come from the 2016 Hitman, in terms of gameplay is almost exactly the same, despite having received a few improvements. On the one hand, this means that we are facing a Hitman 1.5, but on the other hand, the excellent gameplay has remained. And yes, it is possible to play the Hitman 1 DLC's (remastered) if they have the 2016 game.

The addition of the concussive grenades and the vision of the security cameras helps to vary only a little the mechanics of the game, as well as help the Hitman 2 to be an accessible game, depending on the difficulty. I really enjoyed the locations that are present and well portrayed in this Hitman 2. We will be in places like the Favelas of Brazil, Miami and Colombia.

I notice that the enemy AI of this Hitman 2 is clever, although they are a bit generous, but it is one thing that makes sense. For example, if I go directly to the restricted zones, the AI, when it sees us, order us to leave the forbidden zone immediately. Which gives us a few seconds to get out of this zone and avoid the maximum alert. One small interesting detail is the AI carrying the dead bodies inside the bags. Also present are Sniper Assassin modes (Single-player and Multiplayer) and Ghost Mode (Multiplayer) modes. In short, if you love the Hitman series or love espionage games, Hitman 2 is totally recommended to you.

Veredict: Although it doesn't offer much in relation to its predecessor, Hitman 2 is a game of enormous quality.
  21. Nov 18, 2018
    I'm not surprised that this and a whole bunch of other games have been down voted by fake reviews nearly ever single day now as I see these scores get lower and lower in almost the same amount of fake scores at the same time each day and I wish metacritic would have a serious look into that.

Anyway the game itself is great and if you enjoyed the first one then you will love this one.
  22. Nov 19, 2018
    Fantastic game that delivers on a epic form, the briefcase is back which for most was so needed, the missions are full, Rich and explorable. The sounds are spot on and the story is rather gripping continuing on from the last game, only the Cut scenes where a little let down as they were part static images with voice acting but i personally think this hitman has been a right turn round toFantastic game that delivers on a epic form, the briefcase is back which for most was so needed, the missions are full, Rich and explorable. The sounds are spot on and the story is rather gripping continuing on from the last game, only the Cut scenes where a little let down as they were part static images with voice acting but i personally think this hitman has been a right turn round to the way fans will love again from the older games. Amazing! Expand
  23. Nov 24, 2018
    horrible, annoying, unsufferable off centered camera completely ruins the game's enjoyement

why do you have to keep the character on the side? why?
  24. Nov 23, 2018
    The Hitman franchise is at it's peak at the moment and the game is outstanding. The missions are huge and there is a lot to explore. The Mumbai mission is the most outstanding one where you even have to track down an unknown target and have to collect clues about his outlook.

IO addressed some early bugs within a short ammount of time and if you jump in right now, you will have a blast because the early troubles are gone.

If you love a slower stealthier approach and a very dense enviroment where it's up to you to decide how to approach it, this game is everything you've ever wanted. It's a very unique game and there is nothing like it!
  25. Apr 27, 2019
    This game AI worst then "mindless" Far Cry New Dawn.
    Graphics: Medium-high
    Sound: Medium
    Music: Bad
    Performance: medium
    Enjoyabling: medium

It think that hitman series need a new brand upgrade with good AI system.
  26. Nov 10, 2018
    Hitman 2 is the natural continues of hitman 2016 ..6 location and very short campain... but a lot to do in offline sub mode and online mode. The impression is this hitman and that of 2016 should have been a single chapter .. instead the developers have split it into two and have earned double
  27. Nov 13, 2018
    The game disc just acts as a posh download key! When you put the disc in it won't allow you to play anything. It tells you that you don't have the required content and to go to the store, but when you go to the store it tells you that you own the game and that it is installed ready to play!? After 30 minutes back and forth trying to work it out i finally discovered that you have to findThe game disc just acts as a posh download key! When you put the disc in it won't allow you to play anything. It tells you that you don't have the required content and to go to the store, but when you go to the store it tells you that you own the game and that it is installed ready to play!? After 30 minutes back and forth trying to work it out i finally discovered that you have to find each individual mission and download each one individually!! It doesn't even tell you this! To make things worse i can only select some of the missions to download them. For some bizarre reason it won't allow me to select certain missions of the main game to download. And because you have to search for each mission on the store and download them individually it meant i had to search online for what missions the game has so i knew exactly what missions i was looking for! IOI Interactive has done some really silly things in its time but this one really does take the cake. They have a bizarre habit of making things unnecessarily complicated for themselves and for their fans. Like how Season 1 had about 3 or 4 different release models as they kept scrapping and changing them and confusing everyone. It's as if they enjoy annoying us or something. If i'd known this i wouldn't have bought the silly thing. Expand
  28. Nov 13, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a Hitman veteran who has been with the franchise since it began this pains me to say this. Hitman 2 isn't very good. The original Hitman dev team left IO Interactive after Hitman Blood Money in 2006. Hitman Absolution, Hitman series 1 and now Hitman series 2 were made by the Kane & Lynch team. This team are still failing to workout what made Hitman such a great Franchise. Proof that they fail to realise what makes Hitman a great franchise are....Hitman Absolution wasn't even a Hitman game. It took everything that made Hitman, Hitman and chucked it out the window. The developers even apologised for it and said looking back on it is wasn't very good. Neither Hitman Absolution or Hitman Series 1 had Agent 47's signature briefcase. Not having his signature briefcase is like making a Bond movie without a Bond car. Fans demanded the briefcase back and its taken 12yrs to get it back! Not asking composer Jesper Kyd back to do the soundtrack despite fans asking for it and signing petitions to get him back. Jesper Kyd said he has no idea why they never asked him back. This shows the devs have no clue. Anyway, what makes Hitman 2 stupid. I just played a mission where i had to steal a famous British tattoo artist and reality stars clothes and pretend to be him so i could meet and give a Columbian drug lord and his wife a tattoo. Both the drug lord and his wife say they are massive fans of yours. The problem is Agent 47 looks nothing like the famous tattoo artist, he doesn't even resemble him one bit. And he has a thick British accent and Agent 47 has an American one. You just wear his clothes and that's it you are now a famous British tattoo artist and reality star and the Columbian drug lord and his wife are none the wiser, despite the fact that are massive fans of yours! (Maybe they have real bad eyesight and hearing? lol) But then on the other hand when you steal and wear an enemy disguise that has a full face mask and balaclava, other enemies can recognise you despite having your face fully covered! Fans gave IO Interactive so much stick for this in Hitman Absolution way back in 2012. It was one of the fans biggest annoyances with that game. Yet they've done it again for Hitman 2! Enforcers are more annoying than ever. Enforcers have a little white circle above their heads and you can't go near these people as they recognise you and blow your cover. There are lots of them in this game and they are all placed in stupid places. Some of them don't even move and just stay in one spot so you find yourself just having sprint away and quickly get around a corner before your detected and cover is blown. As a Hitman your not supposed to act suspicious. But suddenly being forced to sprint around a corner to avoid having your cover blown just makes you look very suspicious and is stupid. Especially when playing the story and having to follow a main character on a certain path and they walk down a path full of enforcers that recognise you and blow your cover. Other guards are also placed in stupid places so you don't get time to breath. Like 1 at every entry point. And none of the targets seem to be left alone, not even for a brief second. They all have bodyguards glued to them. This means the game forces you to follow set paths and kill the targets via IO Interactives set staged kills. You kinda have to play the game how THEY want not how YOU want. In previous Hitman's, Like Blood Money, targets would often be alone for a brief moment and give you opportunities to whack them how you wanted, with silverballers, whatever, before someone came back and caught you. You could play around and experiment, have fun, you had the time to do so. But this game doesn't really allow that because of all the bodyguards, enforcers and their poor placement within the maps. So what should be fun just becomes super annoying. If you buy the physical version you should be warned there is no game on the actual disc. The disc just serves and a verification key that allows you to download the game. So if you have no internet or poor internet stay well away as the disc version has to be downloaded removing the whole point of a disc version. I really wanted to enjoy this game. I did enjoy the first level in New Zealand, that was genuinely good if very short and small. It's just a house on beach but looks cool with a great atmosphere and was almost made right. But other levels simply aren't. Graphis are probably a little worse than Hitman Season 1, but not far off. Cutscenes are now still images which isn't great. Also, if you own Hitman Season 1 you can download a remastered Season 1 for free. But bare in mind you lose all saves and unlocks and have to start again. And some of the remastered levels look worse because of changes to lighting etc. And some levels are removed altogether like the Christmas Holiday Hoarders Paris mission. Such a shame. Expand
  29. Nov 15, 2018
    It's a wonderful Hitman game, more of what we found in Hitman "Season" 1. I miss full motion video in the cut scenes, but it does get the message and story out in a good way.
  30. Mar 24, 2019
    Buy this game if u are hitman 12/10........................................LOL.........
  31. May 12, 2019
    I was thrilled with the last instalment, limited as it may have been, but this unfortunately smacked of being a 1.5 version of that game. It's essentially the same game with different maps which don't quite work imo. For instance I enjoy sniping more than other methodical methods of eliminating a target and I can honestly say Grand Theft Auto has better sniping than the current gen HitmanI was thrilled with the last instalment, limited as it may have been, but this unfortunately smacked of being a 1.5 version of that game. It's essentially the same game with different maps which don't quite work imo. For instance I enjoy sniping more than other methodical methods of eliminating a target and I can honestly say Grand Theft Auto has better sniping than the current gen Hitman games.

Add to this the lack of inventiveness on the popular Elusive Targets, tacked on multiplayer and co-op modes which are less than demos and the cash grab season pass tripe and it all adds up to a lacklustre entry in the series.
  32. May 8, 2019
    After enjoying the previous Hitman quite a bit, I was looking forward to seeing how IO would develop on it with a sequel. However, I suppose my main issue with Hitman 2 is that it's just more of the same. It's still a lot of fun and it's all really well made but ultimately it's just a glorified season pass. Honestly, I don't mind that really, since it's fun enough that it's worth the priceAfter enjoying the previous Hitman quite a bit, I was looking forward to seeing how IO would develop on it with a sequel. However, I suppose my main issue with Hitman 2 is that it's just more of the same. It's still a lot of fun and it's all really well made but ultimately it's just a glorified season pass. Honestly, I don't mind that really, since it's fun enough that it's worth the price of admission, but it would've been nice to see the series evolve and try new things. That being said, what IO have done with the series is already near perfection by design. A sprawling world of different systems all combining to create something both authentic and entertaining to tear apart. I love how I can take out a guard, hide him in a bush, cap the target with an assault rifle, run back to the guard, steal his clothes, and escape undetected. It's ridiculous, yes, but it all works so well because everything reacts in the way you expect because IO have done a great job of setting out clear rules of the world. It's really satisfying to navigate missions by understanding exactly how the game and taking advantage of every ability in your arsenal. You feel clever, which is always nice in a game. However, I'll never understand why in God's name they even bother with the scripted "opportunity" mechanic. Basically, the idea is you can overhear people explaining how some big important person is arriving and they'll be in the immediate vicinity of your target by sheer coincidence, so you take out that special person, steal their clothes, and undergo a series of monotonous scripted events that eventually lead to the main baddie dying. It's so utterly...bleh. In a game which is so excellent at inspiring creativity and thinking outside the box, it sure does love to bore you to tears with endless waiting for the game to catch up with you so a very specific set of events can happen. And the conversations which alert you to these missions always feel completely inorganic, like these people were waiting for a random bald stranger to cross their path before dispelling confidential information out of nowhere. If IO had removed these events, or tweaked them to feel more like your doing rather than the game's, then they perhaps could have focused more on evolving their formula. Hitman has the potential to be something excellent, but as it stands it's just good. It's still a lot of fun though and I'm looking forward to the next batch of new content. Expand
  33. Jan 25, 2019
    I think the gameplay, the way missions are organized, the different worlds etc are top notch I also loved the stealth, taking time to plan and look for hints or alternative routes to complete assignments BUT. its the last Hitman I play laid out like this. Basically we have 6 missions/episodes and encouraged to study, plan, take your time to get high scores at the end of each mission butI think the gameplay, the way missions are organized, the different worlds etc are top notch I also loved the stealth, taking time to plan and look for hints or alternative routes to complete assignments BUT. its the last Hitman I play laid out like this. Basically we have 6 missions/episodes and encouraged to study, plan, take your time to get high scores at the end of each mission but if you didn't care about the high scores you can actually run through them very quickly which means it could be a gameplay of 10-12 hours but it also means you can finish the story campaign in 5-6 hours. Most if not all additional contents are evolved around the same world you've just finished playing. I prefer the old way Hitman games were like (Bloodmoney/Absolution) etc Hitman 2 is good but lacks value. Expand
  34. Dec 16, 2018
    This game is great! Not only does it have tons of replay value ( contracts, storylines, etc. ) but it is hilarious as well. The fact that when you kill a target in front of everyone, and hide out for 10 minutes, their partner who is still alive, has no idea that his partner got murdered, its like the thought of cell phones are non existent in the Hitman universe. Besides that loophole,This game is great! Not only does it have tons of replay value ( contracts, storylines, etc. ) but it is hilarious as well. The fact that when you kill a target in front of everyone, and hide out for 10 minutes, their partner who is still alive, has no idea that his partner got murdered, its like the thought of cell phones are non existent in the Hitman universe. Besides that loophole, this game is is really fun and lets you be creative in how you manhit through it's many modes. Expand
  35. Dec 17, 2018
    A super fun game with loads of replayability as the missions can be accomplished in many different ways. I can see why this game has such a high User score.
  36. Feb 8, 2019
    I loved the 2016 Hitman but I don't love Hitman 2. Hitman 2 looks and plays exactly like it's predecessor, it has the same animations, same weapons with a few new ones and it can end up looking uglier than the first one at times. They really haven't done anything to improve the game, issues that the first game had are present in the second game. They added in a very boring, uninspired andI loved the 2016 Hitman but I don't love Hitman 2. Hitman 2 looks and plays exactly like it's predecessor, it has the same animations, same weapons with a few new ones and it can end up looking uglier than the first one at times. They really haven't done anything to improve the game, issues that the first game had are present in the second game. They added in a very boring, uninspired and dull story to go along with the game, the cutscenes are all in an art form clearly to cut back on costs. This isn't a bad game but its not a good game either, I don't recommend it. Expand
  37. Feb 23, 2019
    The endless hours of enjoyment I get from this game. This is my first time buying a hitman game and I absolutely love it.
  38. Dec 10, 2018
    Hitman 2 is a very good game meant for STEALTH so if you are not that type of player it is not for you. It is a very well programmed game with nice graphics and good touch to details. Game is a bit difficult and can get frustrating. It is a bit short as main story but good fun!
  39. Dec 9, 2018
    This is everything a Hitman game should be, they've truly nailed the formula.
  40. Jan 6, 2019
    Hitman 2 is a great game, no question. But IO Interactive had a real opportunity to make Hitman 2 the best stealth game ever. Unfortunately, it is more a somewhat improved extension of Hitman 2016, which was in many ways brilliant but as well seriously flawed (for me and I think for the average player). Hitman 2016 was my first Hitman game. I had to take it in small bites over longer timeHitman 2 is a great game, no question. But IO Interactive had a real opportunity to make Hitman 2 the best stealth game ever. Unfortunately, it is more a somewhat improved extension of Hitman 2016, which was in many ways brilliant but as well seriously flawed (for me and I think for the average player). Hitman 2016 was my first Hitman game. I had to take it in small bites over longer time than issued due to lack of patience needed, even though I generally like stealth play style. But it was nice to get back to it from time to time and I guess the same will apply for Hitman 2.

The strength of both games, i.e. unprecedented flexibility and intuity to access and execute assassination missions, is as well the greatest weakness. The major puzzles are basically to find the right disguise in order to get around and get access to and assassinate the target. It is relatively easy two times around but thereafter it can get heavy. In addition to a lot of patience, I often found that improvisation led to time-consuming and frustrating dead end search of ways out when trying new playthroughs. Savings and reloads are often needed as it is easy to alert NPCs and get caught when trying new routes and it can be a irritating due to online requirement of both games. The online system is not a game-breaker though. The lack of in-game hints may be great for hardcore Hitman fans but I often turned off the game in frustration after running around for a long time without success. I try to avoid to Google game solutions but I cheated at times as I found myself aimlessly in a dead-end street. Games are supposed to be fun too. The menu system is not great and some items, e.g. heavy guns, are generally useless. Most assassinations are best executed by hands and e.g. scissors are much more handy for a silent third party take-down. The silenced gun was not as quiet as I had hoped but fun to use at times.

The Hitman concept is truly great but there is something lacking. If Hitman 2 e.g. had a bit better story, better level-up system and in particular better in-game hints for us the impatient, it would have been a smoother experience. It is still a great game and far more fun than e.g. RDR2. I only hope that IO Interactive will have the opportunity to develop the Hitman concept into a new exceptionally good stealth assassination game. The fan club for an outstanding stealth game big and IO Interactive seem to be so close.
  41. Dec 19, 2018
    It feels like critics don't give a lot of love to Hitman in general. I found Hitman 2 to be highly addictive and fun. The new levels are bigger, better and shinier. The kills are awesome. It's a puzzle game with guns and explosives. It's a great time if you like strategy.
  42. Dec 25, 2018
    Usually spend about 4 hours in 1 mission! Too interesting and atmospheric game! Of course, with one of the best soundtrack! Need HITMAN 3 or new missions ))) thanks IO Interactive !
  43. Apr 21, 2019
    Hitman 2 is a mixed game. Its gameplay is overwhelmingly good, while other aspects get in the way. Its missions are fun. Even its story, I find good (despite the many haters who hate on the way its told) The rewards for finishing the missions well are satisfying and encouraging, until you can't get them because your wifi isn't fast enough. This is super frustrating and inconvenient. ItHitman 2 is a mixed game. Its gameplay is overwhelmingly good, while other aspects get in the way. Its missions are fun. Even its story, I find good (despite the many haters who hate on the way its told) The rewards for finishing the missions well are satisfying and encouraging, until you can't get them because your wifi isn't fast enough. This is super frustrating and inconvenient. It made me think along the lines of "Why should I play a singleplayer game when they block your access to the features based on internet, when I might as well just play a multiplayer game." This internet requirement also makes the saving loading extremely slow. They put these annoying requirements in order to prevent piracy, to prevent money loss, when ironically this is one of the reasons this game lost sales. Expand
  44. Feb 9, 2019
    I used to love this game, been playing hitman for years, but... They recently started charging for access to maps I’ve already downloaded. The most current elusive contract insists that I download a map from the last hitman, a game I already have, and pay $20 for the pleasure. The download I have is apparently now insufficient. As it is, I have to pay for my internet gigs, so asking for 38I used to love this game, been playing hitman for years, but... They recently started charging for access to maps I’ve already downloaded. The most current elusive contract insists that I download a map from the last hitman, a game I already have, and pay $20 for the pleasure. The download I have is apparently now insufficient. As it is, I have to pay for my internet gigs, so asking for 38 gigs is almost a 1/3 of my monthly allowance, for an elusive contract that I can play once! This is absurd. I will never buy another hitman again, they really shot themselves in the foot on this one..a week ago I’d have given them a 10. Expand
  45. Jun 24, 2019
    I don't know why it took me so long to grab this one, but I had clearly forgotten how much I enjoy these games. Though, I do feel like Hitman 2 improves on the concept from the "first season", as I found myself way more interested about all the different options aswell as the environments. Especially love the suburban level that's a clear nod to Hitman Bloodmoney's suburbs level.

I also

I also found myself playing for the levels for multiple hours at a go, "priming" them ready for me to try different things, first eliminating guards from key locations that would blow my cover and then just going around fairly freely, checking my options, studying the level with no hurry at all.

I think the level design is good, but for some levels, it feels like it's... TOO complex. The simpler levels that don't end up feeling like incredibly crowded mazes offered more fun in my opinion and leaving some room to "stalk" your enemy.

I loved the first level because it was just one house, where I could observe what the target does and wait for a good opportunity as well as the suburbs where the houses seem more contained, while I wasn't a fan of the first season's levels like Marrakesh where there are tons of crowds and the areas seem narrow and... it just feels "too busy", while - of course provides a challenge.

Having finished Hitman 2 last night, I think I'll end up grabbing the pack with the remastered levels and the bonus DLC thing, just to have all the Hitman goodness in one replayable package.

I also love how the game unlocks more options with the leveling system - the more you play, the more tools you have, which in turns opens up even more replayability. Fantastic design.

My only regret with my purchase is that I bought it from such a big sale, as these types of games truely feel deserving of my support and I hope there will be more.

The only thing that's keeping the game from being a 10/10 for me, are some of the bugs; There are still instances where I go behind an enemy and try to "subdue", but it triggers the melee fight thing, as if the enemy had been facing me. Sometimes I understand that I screwed it up, but some instances, there is no way to anticipate it, ruining a good run on a harder difficulty. For only 1 save allowed for example, the game really should be really consistent in function.

Also saw a few blatant bugs.. like right in the first level, when the female target goes to sleep, she levitated above the bed. But overall, the game has much less bugs than games usually do.
  46. Apr 9, 2019
    I enjoyed the game. However, in the begging, it was a little frustrating as I never knew if some of my actions would cause a reaction from NPCs and enemies. Eventually, as you play you will learn what you can and can not do.

Missions can be frustrating as the game motivates you to complete them as fast as possible. But if you are trying to kill the target with a storyline it can be a long process. However, it's very rewarding once it's done.

The story is very short. It's just a few missions but each mission can take up to an hour to complete. The game has a lot of replayability.

The story is all over the place. If you buy the game. Do it for its gameplay value if you are looking for a long and interesting story you won't get it in this game.
  47. Apr 29, 2019
    Great game I can't seem to put it down. You have to get past some of the beginning parts but once you do it's amazing. There is so much to do in this game so many different challenges and upgrades the more you complete the missions.
  48. May 20, 2019
    Game is replayable. Alternative dozens of assassination methods. BUT Weak Story. Silly Artificial Intelligence. Conflict mechanics are bad. AS A RESULT, If you like the first game, you will love Hitman 2 more. Hitman 2 is a technically successful game too.
  49. Jul 9, 2019
    It was the first game but have some improvements I like it and play every mission at least 5 times

1. Mar 5, 2019
    Hitman 2 follows the 2016 game in almost every aspect. It looks and feels pretty similar, which is nothing less than a good thing, concerning the quality of the first game. For now, we should ask for nothing more, but let us hope a new installation brings yet another evolution to the table.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 10, 2019
    A killer sandbox that is hurt by repetitiveness and linear approach in levels. But once you manage to use your imagination, you’ll start enjoying the game, worthy of agent 47. [Issue#292]
  3. Dec 14, 2018
    Hitman 2 is not leaps and bounds better or even different than its predecessor, as it feels less like a sequel and more like the second season. However, it manages to hit the mark where it truly matters with expansive level designs and a wealth of gameplay options that makes playing through the same missions multiple times consistently fun but feel different every time.