6.2

1. Oct 24, 2017
    Just hopped on to throw a review on here.

All in all a fun game and time burner. Don't expect too much and you'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm a big fan of couch co op games and for the price (it's super cheap on the PS Store right now) and with a friend this a pleasant experience. I'm rating it a 10 since I got it for less than 5 bucks and it's a great little game for that or more,
    Just hopped on to throw a review on here.

I'm rating it a 10 since I got it for less than 5 bucks and it's a great little game for that or more, with decent depth and some fun combat/crafting.
  2. Oct 2, 2017
    A huge fan of the original, I bought this in Early Access without a second thought. I was disappointed to learn that all the visuals and most of the audio were just carried over without improvements from the first game. I assumed that they'd update in time, but a year later and it's all the same. That disappoints me.

I'm still having loads of fun playing, but the feeling of the story

I'm still having loads of fun playing, but the feeling of the story that I loved about the first is totally gone, replaced with repetitive missions. I like that I can increase the difficulty to gain XP faster, but that doesn't help with the grinding necessary to upgrade your camp. The base building portion is fun, and I'm a sucker for it, but grinding missions isn't fun, so it's sort of a give-and-take that I'm not pleased with.

I read a lot that this game is much more fun playing coop--something the first was missing--but I don't play coop games much, so I can't speak for that. What I do know is that the first was much more engaging.

All in all, I enjoy the gameplay, but this is definitely a step backward from the first, which is unfortunate because the first was such an amazing discovery. Maybe if I'd never played it, I would rate this higher, but sequels should improve on their predecessors, and this does not.
  3. Nel
    Jul 18, 2017
    This game has some great elements to it, but it falls flat on it face with all the repetitiveness that you have to endure repeating the same missions over and over again.
  4. Dec 5, 2018
    The game is for the most part just boring, a slow start ,mediocre graphics and less variety on top with more issues,it definitely has it fun moments like base building,and i like grinding,so getting something new is fun,but overall it just falls short and is worth like 7-8 dollars
    If you like survival games try it if you really want it ,if you are not,then get something else.
  5. May 21, 2020
    Well the UI is total PC to console port trash. Played it local co-op and only one player at a time is allowed to use a base or inventory screen which is slow going. Worse the drag and drop mouse movement in the inventory does not work well on a controller. Selecting anything in menu is slow and clunky due to mouse style movement. So yeah another level of slow going on top another level ofWell the UI is total PC to console port trash. Played it local co-op and only one player at a time is allowed to use a base or inventory screen which is slow going. Worse the drag and drop mouse movement in the inventory does not work well on a controller. Selecting anything in menu is slow and clunky due to mouse style movement. So yeah another level of slow going on top another level of slow going.

The fixed camera really sucks and the camera effect inside buildings or when behind other objects really sucks. It comes off as looking amateurish and dated. Graphically the games seems no better looking than it older predecessor. Crafting and inventory management has changed for the better. Base building is a nice touch, but trying to place things can be super fiddly more often than not. Story zombie apocalypse nonsense with silly dumb type characters. So nothing to give a crap in the narrative or character development department.

Game feels and plays like the first one combat wise so yeah fun to be had like in the first game. However I do prefer the first game. Yeah enough to replay it three times all in single player. This sequel I am struggling to finish even one run. Yeah even allowing for the more fun with friends factor. Compared to the first game this one lacks the same polish and feels rough around the edges.
  6. May 3, 2018
    How to Survive 2 is like a rushed port on PS4 since the controls are a bit cranky and it takes a lot of getting used to if you play the 1st How to Survive. Mouse Pointer Control on PS4 when opening menus sucks. I like the 1st one when it comes to control and menus. I would give it an 8 if not for that. Gameplay and graphics are great though. I just hate the idea of this game not being anHow to Survive 2 is like a rushed port on PS4 since the controls are a bit cranky and it takes a lot of getting used to if you play the 1st How to Survive. Mouse Pointer Control on PS4 when opening menus sucks. I like the 1st one when it comes to control and menus. I would give it an 8 if not for that. Gameplay and graphics are great though. I just hate the idea of this game not being an open world like the first one. It's like it's half open world and half dungeon based game. But still, I love this game. It has a good couch co-op. Me and my Wife are having a great time playing this together. Never tried the online though. :D Expand
  7. Jun 14, 2020
    It is a good game, at all. However, thereĀ“s a lot of things that it is worst than the first title. The thirst, food and rest it is not a problem anymore, taking out the survival element. This second title has more action. It is more arcade-like. It is still a good game, but I suggest to play the first one instead.
  8. Nov 14, 2020
    We liked the first one so we tried it. It is terrible. We quit after it turned out that the game have you to grind every quest 2 or 3 times in order to reach the level req. of the next one. And those quests are in of itselfs just the worst kind of boring "kill this **** a cauple of times". This game is just a lazy re-working ( mostly downgrading ) of the first version.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 13 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Apr 26, 2017
    A low-budget game with mediocre visuals and audio, laughable story and very basic gameplay which somehow turns out to be addictive as hell. [05/2017, p.42]
  2. Feb 24, 2017
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Feb 22, 2017
    It tries to ride the coattails of the previous title, but stands wobbly on its own two feet.