8.0

Watch Now
Buy on

1. May 16, 2017
    Injustice 2 has developed itself a lot. The gear mode attracts you very much. U r becoming addicted to it. Characters are so cool but I want at least 40 of them. Can one fighting game get Game of the Year nominee? Maybe...
  2. Jun 7, 2017
    I cannot believe how much I hated this game prior release. It seemed like an awful blatant money grab. I bought it used on Gamestop for @49 to stick it to WB. Boy was I wrong, this game is mad fun. For the first time ever I am actually into a fighting game's story. I never have bothered with any stories on fighting games. The story is as good as reading The New 52's Batman series. TheI cannot believe how much I hated this game prior release. It seemed like an awful blatant money grab. I bought it used on Gamestop for @49 to stick it to WB. Boy was I wrong, this game is mad fun. For the first time ever I am actually into a fighting game's story. I never have bothered with any stories on fighting games. The story is as good as reading The New 52's Batman series. The graphics are gorgeous and it all runs at a nice 60fps 1080p, unlike Tekken 7 which runs at PS3 like resolutions, unless you run Tekken on a PS4 PRO. The customization here is real, the items are fantastic. It is the next evolution in fighting games. I do not care if the "pros" call it unbalanced and ridicule it for its "lack" of balance. Get this game, its a massive improvement in every department from its predecessor. Expand
  3. Jun 6, 2017
    I really enjoyed this game a lot. The story is well told but may feel a little padded out towards the end. It's definitely replayable though, i'm on my second play through at the moment.
    Some may disagree with the character portrayals but as it's an interesting story it's very justifiable.
    Personally the greatest strengths are the large and well designed character roster, the loot system and the multiverse. The multiverse offers a lot of single player gaming which is a big plus. It would be great to see more super moves though as they do get repetitive. Also, they shouldn't advertise braniac as a dlc character for purchase, just finish the story and you'll get him for free.
    Overall it's a great game for anyone with an interest in fighting games or dc lore.
  4. Jun 20, 2017
    Injustice 2 is great, the story mode is entertaining albeit very short(5 hours) and there are enough characters to keep you satisfied. Its graphically impressive and the voice acting is good too. Sometimes a character will repeat the same line in multiple different scenarios but its not frequent enough to be annoying. Executing combos is not as hard as in something like sf but its not soInjustice 2 is great, the story mode is entertaining albeit very short(5 hours) and there are enough characters to keep you satisfied. Its graphically impressive and the voice acting is good too. Sometimes a character will repeat the same line in multiple different scenarios but its not frequent enough to be annoying. Executing combos is not as hard as in something like sf but its not so watered down that its alienating to professionals. It strikes a nice chord between being casual and hardcore.

Online is great with lots of different modes but I experience some latency issues even on a wired connection, it's not too frequent but I have 150 online matches with 20 disconnects.

Multiverse mode is fun for a while but it gets boring very quickly so you might just end up having the AI grinding for you to get all that gear. Speaking of gear, the way gear actually works is executed really well for the most part. You can acquire gear via multiverses and mother-boxes and said gear gives you fighters stat upgrades and new looks. My only gripes with it are you can't get gear for the fighters you want at all, it completely random in motheboxes, and some awesome gear you get can't use because your fighter is too low leveled.

small issues- Darkseid locked behind paywall unless pre-ordered, even if you bought the ultimate edition is greedy, micro dlc exists, some balancing issues,glitches.

overall- lots of content,solid gameplay,no p2w,future content,cool customization
  5. Jun 3, 2017
    Injustice 2 contains a large amount of content for casual players. The excellent single player story coupled with individual stories in the multi verse mode. There is also extensive customization of characters in which you can even alter their playstyle. I have not been this impressed with a fighting game in a very long time.
  6. Jun 19, 2017
    Nether Realm proves once again why they are the best fighting game company. With an engaging story and a fantastic multiverse, which as you coming back every day. The gear system in this game is surprisingly very addictive and a lot of fun.
  7. Mar 12, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Injustice 2 is a fast-paced fighting game released by NetherRealm Studios in May of 2017. It is a sequel to the first game, Injustice: Gods Among Us, and it continues with the conflict between Batman and Superman on their morals. The main goal of the developers was to finish off the storyline of this game in which Batman believes that everyone deserves the right to live, even the worst criminals, whereas Superman believes that their enemies should be killed in order to prevent further troubles from them. They were successful in this as the game ended with the player choosing either Batman or Superman in the end, and their selection alters the ending of the game. If the player chooses Batman, the game ends with Batman defeating Superman and sending him to an alternate universe. If the player selects Superman, however, Batman will be defeated, but Superman will not kill him, as he finds Batman useful, and he instead turns Batman into one of his minions. The graphics of this game remain similar to the first game as they are both realistic looking, but at the same time, it is easy to point out that it is in fact a video game. They help the player feel more immersed in the story because of its realistic qualities. The music and sound effects also help with this, as the music is intense to match the battling and the sound effects are equally intense in order to convey the aggressive qualities of the fighting. The control scheme is partially difficult to memorize, but this is only because the many characters to choose from each work differently and therefore have different combo attacks. They can be difficult to memorize for multiple players, but once learned, they turn out to be not as difficult as they seem. As for camera placement, the view of the player is from the side, and it shows both fighters equally. It pans out when there is distance between them, and it zooms in when the two are close in order to accomodate for the distance. It is effective in keeping interest up because it is not a fixed camera. It moves when it needs to, and this makes it very well made mechanic. Out of 5 stars, I would rate this game 5 stars because of its great mechanics, vast character selection, and well made DLC content. All of these help to keep interest up for the players, and the game remains popular. Expand
  8. Mar 3, 2020
    A decent fighting game with annoying lootbox mechanic and a degree of universality between characters that makes learning their combos less satisfying compared to other titles.
  9. May 16, 2017
    Absolutely phenomenal. This is a fantastic game. One of the best fighting games to date. Injustice 2 takes everything we loved from Gods Among Us and brings it back to the PS4 and Xbox One even better than before, and takes everything we didn't like and overhauls it. The combo system is stellar, the graphics are great, the gameplay is addicting, and the new Gear System is fantastic. YouAbsolutely phenomenal. This is a fantastic game. One of the best fighting games to date. Injustice 2 takes everything we loved from Gods Among Us and brings it back to the PS4 and Xbox One even better than before, and takes everything we didn't like and overhauls it. The combo system is stellar, the graphics are great, the gameplay is addicting, and the new Gear System is fantastic. You will waste several days of your life collecting hundreds of pieces of gear for each character. This is the DC Universe game we've been waiting for. The story, by the way, it fantastic. I've been waiting so long to experience the second chapter of the Injustice saga, and Injustice 2 definitely delivers on my expectations. Buy this game. Now. Expand
  10. May 17, 2017
    For anyone who enjoys fighting games such as Mortal Kombat and the like, this game is paramount. With a coherent, engaging and enjoyable, yet predictable story line, the game allows you to make choices that can create new dialogue and moments as you play. There's plenty to do for single player and offline, thanks to "The Multiverse", and the online experience is competitive yet fun forFor anyone who enjoys fighting games such as Mortal Kombat and the like, this game is paramount. With a coherent, engaging and enjoyable, yet predictable story line, the game allows you to make choices that can create new dialogue and moments as you play. There's plenty to do for single player and offline, thanks to "The Multiverse", and the online experience is competitive yet fun for all. With the new addition of character customization in the form of shaders and gear upgrades, the gameplay experience can really be made your own. It is important to note for newcomers to this type of game, and the players at large, the gear that affects stats has no effect in ranked, which I personally find as a positive. The character leveling is a bit tedious, but if you enjoy fighting, it's not that bad. And for the newcomers, the tutorials and introduction to the game help plenty, and your experience will be just as fun as if you had been playing for ten years. 9.8/10 Expand
  11. May 17, 2017
    This game has expanded on the previous Injustice in good and meaningful ways. The addition of the gear system and premier skins is genius and a great way to promote diversity in the game.
    The story mode (although not as good as Injustice 1) was great!
    As a DC fan, this game has an excellent story and fantastic combat mechanics that make it one of my favorite games to date! I give it a 9.2
  12. May 17, 2017
    Finished the campaign once, played about 15 ranked matches, tons of couch 2-player matches, 1 multiverse event, and level 11 Batman as of this review. I can say this is a great game. I loved the first one and thought this would be good and its definitely lived up to expectations. If you're a DC fan or fighting game fan this is a must buy. The very entertaining story took 4.5 hours for meFinished the campaign once, played about 15 ranked matches, tons of couch 2-player matches, 1 multiverse event, and level 11 Batman as of this review. I can say this is a great game. I loved the first one and thought this would be good and its definitely lived up to expectations. If you're a DC fan or fighting game fan this is a must buy. The very entertaining story took 4.5 hours for me but is worth a second play due to alternate paths, and the amount of overall content is great. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous particularly the characters stealing the show with great voice acting and lip syncing. I've had no problems with the online servers. One of my favorite games of 2017 for sure. Expand
  13. May 16, 2017
    This game is very well made, it has the best story in any fighting game, and it introduces an RPG like gear system that adds a ton of replayability. The game overall is solid but emphasis has to be put on the story, it uses the DC universe really well and puts WB to shame, showing them how to create a good story using DC characters.
  14. May 16, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here is my review of Injustice 2 (Spoilers):

Story - More darker than the first Injustice. Seeing most of heroes like Superman Aquaman and Wonder Woman kill with no remorse could give us a reason why we don't like these heroes. The story takes place in the comic where Green Arrow and Black Canary from another Earth come to Batman's need to help stop crime that Superman has left out after the first Injustice. Brainiac comes to earth, gather all intelligence within the planet and destroys it after and the only people who can stop him is Superman and Supergirl. There are alternate storylines when choosing a character during the game and since there are two endings (Batman and Superman) it show a big picture of what these heroes and villains true colors are. It's truly fascinating.

Gameplay - Considered best fighting game of the year. Even though it feels like the first Injustice/Mortal Kombat but the overall gameplay is what really amazes the player. The player can change any combat system from their favorite character called gears, each gear boosts and balances their character to give them an advantage against professional tournament players. Also the gears look amazing with alternate colors. In order to get gears there's the multiverse where the player can fight multiple variations of all heroes and villains, the player can also complete daily tasks and get mother boxes by also playing the multiverse.

Combo System - It is well put, especially the new characters. But for the Injustice veterans who are not comfortable with the old characters with new moves? Don't worry the gears also give back the old abilities of what they had in the first Injustice which makes it feel like their Injustice 1 character just transferred to to 2.

Online - Just like both Injustice and Mortal Kombat. The player has an option of going Rank, Player or King of the Hill (Lobby) match, The connection between players is not bad but not manageable. There are times were players get disconnected when joining or during their match. But besides that, during gameplay there are some input delays that find it frustrating to perform an execution.

Conclusion - Story is dark, Gameplay is fun, Combo system is well put and Online has some bad button delay. Injustice 2 Offline is overall great just the online needs some good adjustment.

Final Verdict:
    8/10 - Online is the only reason I did not raise the score higher but it deserve a good rating because of how much features this game has in store for the player.

Buy, Not Buy or Rent - Buy: Multiple gears like shows different interaction with other characters.
  15. May 16, 2017
    Injustice 2 is currently "the" DC fighting game; I say currently because Injustice 3 will top it without a doubt. With a massive roster of 29 characters on launch and 9 more upcoming, good amount of both offline and online modes, nearly endless amounts of gear to collect for every character and most importantly smoother gameplay and much better graphics than the first game's, Injustice 2Injustice 2 is currently "the" DC fighting game; I say currently because Injustice 3 will top it without a doubt. With a massive roster of 29 characters on launch and 9 more upcoming, good amount of both offline and online modes, nearly endless amounts of gear to collect for every character and most importantly smoother gameplay and much better graphics than the first game's, Injustice 2 is definitely a game you must have. Expand
  16. May 16, 2017
    The best cinematic I have ever seen in a game, hands down. WHY? Because it feels and looks like a big screen movie! Thank you cinematic team for pulling this off, I am sure it wasn't easy ;) And yes the casting and acting and directing is incredible... this is the future of fight games, turning into the first form of interactive movies, than one day without the fight there will be onlyThe best cinematic I have ever seen in a game, hands down. WHY? Because it feels and looks like a big screen movie! Thank you cinematic team for pulling this off, I am sure it wasn't easy ;) And yes the casting and acting and directing is incredible... this is the future of fight games, turning into the first form of interactive movies, than one day without the fight there will be only interactive movies. Looking forward for it. Expand
  17. May 17, 2017
    The fact that I can make competitve mode work in Single Fight makes me very happy. The characters as always have personalities that suit them really well. I like how some of the new characters play. The voice acting is really good; I like how they got Antony Del Rio as Blue Beetle since he's fluent in Spanish and that he's underrated.

The players can relate to their character of choice

The players can relate to their character of choice and although the Gear System is strange, I just don't touch it most of the time. Yes there's spammers online but **** them. They are as dumb as people who complain about fighting games in general. If you like the DC Universe and the gameplay engine of Mortal Kombat, you'll love this title. Just remember, you hold back to block. ;)
  18. May 18, 2017
    netherrealm studios did a awesome job. injustice 2 takes everything you loved about gods among us and made it better, the story, gameplay and the gear system is fantastic, this is one dc universe you been wating for
  19. May 21, 2017
    I typically don't give many high scores when reviewing games, so keep that in mind when I tell you that I give Injustice 2 a 9 out of 10. If you are a fan of fighting games, a fan of the Mortal Kombat-style gameplay, or a fan of DC comics, Injustice 2 will scratch your itch. There is so much on offer that taking a top-down view of the game is a bit intimidating. The controls are spot on,I typically don't give many high scores when reviewing games, so keep that in mind when I tell you that I give Injustice 2 a 9 out of 10. If you are a fan of fighting games, a fan of the Mortal Kombat-style gameplay, or a fan of DC comics, Injustice 2 will scratch your itch. There is so much on offer that taking a top-down view of the game is a bit intimidating. The controls are spot on, building on the legacy of both the modern-era Mortal Kombat games and the previous Injustice. The graphics are incredible, both during gameplay and during story cutscenes.

There is a story mode, continuing the story from the first game, that lasts 6-8 hours depending on both your skill with multiple characters and your choices. Yes, choices...you will get to decide which characters you use (to an extent) as you play through the story, and your choices affect what happens as well as what rewards you earn. There is also a fantastic Multiverse mode, which presents a number of different single player fights with various modifiers. Maybe you have Harley Quinn as a summonable sidekick, or maybe the Joker periodically drops bombs into the stage throughout the match. Either way, you get rewarded for doing well and it mixes up the action from the usual one-on-one fighting.

The gear system provides a lot of fun incentive to try out new characters and work on building up your favorites. The gear not only changes how a character looks, but also adds stats like health, defense, etc, as well as sometimes adding little cantrips like gaining extra xp or credits, or taking less damage from certain types of attacks. There are even sets with bonuses for equipping multiple pieces in a set.

There's a lot on offer in Injustice 2, and I found myself unable to put my controller down. I kept wanting to try one more Multiverse tower, or level up a character so I could equip some newfound piece of gear, or just battle online to contribute to my guild. You will not be disappointed unless you just flat out don't like fighting games.

Edit: I am revising my score down a point after spending nearly a week with the game. There are some pretty nasty inconsistencies that I think can be addressed with a small patch. The gear system suffers from the same problem World of Warcraft did early on. Namely, you can acquire higher level gear that is far inferior to lower level gear. With all the different appearances, stats and cantrips available, there is no reason for such RNG variation in the numbers.

The AI is also inconsistent. One minute you might be wiping the floor with an opponent, and the next, they pull out a 13 hit combo that leaves you with no room to breathe. It sometimes feels like any AI between 'Very Easy' and 'Very Hard' just toggles between those two extremes randomly.

Finally, the Multiverse bosses are just plain not fun. They force you to play nearly perfect for an extended period, as bosses enjoy boosts like hit armor and overall reduced damage. I suppose they would be fun for that handful of people that liked fighting Shao Khan (from Mortal Kombat 9) or Gil (Street Fighter 3), but those people are few and far between (this being on the internet, I'm sure I'll see dozens of people who claim otherwise). It's disappointing to see such a great game include 'cheap bosses' as a regular feature.

Still, the game is great and worth your time. Hopefully NRS can address some of these early flaws and we can talk about being game of the year.
  20. May 25, 2017
    Coming from an extreme fighting game noob, I had very little interest in this game at first. These types of games are not my thing for a few reasons but I've been a fan of Netherrealms recent endeavors. MKX and the first Injustice were some of my favorite fighting games in the past few years. With their emphasis on the single player modes, as well as a great netcode of the online modesComing from an extreme fighting game noob, I had very little interest in this game at first. These types of games are not my thing for a few reasons but I've been a fan of Netherrealms recent endeavors. MKX and the first Injustice were some of my favorite fighting games in the past few years. With their emphasis on the single player modes, as well as a great netcode of the online modes (well MKX got better over time), they seem to firing on all cylinders here with this game.
    I won't get into the minutia of the fighting mechanics because I barely can grasp them myself. I can tell you when a company clearly takes the time and effort to try and make the best game they possibly can and that's what they did here. The single player focus here is extraordinary in it's scale. The story mode alone would be amazing in any other game. While some comic book diehards don't exactly like making Superman into a huge, evil jerk like they have in this world, the writing and voice acting done by the DC series vets like George Newbern, the voice of Superman and Kevin Conroy the quintessential Batman voice in my opinion, is stellar. It's a shame that Mark Hamill did not come back to do the Joker but it's made up for with Freddy Krueger himself, Robert Englund, as the Scarecrow who does a marvelous job of being ultra spooky. The animation is also very well done, especially for a fighting game. With all of the focus seemingly on facial animations these days, this game is very well done in its execution. There was clearly tons of love and care put into the story mode and I personally like it.
    Added on top of that is the Multi-verse, and the reason why I'll be coming back to this game over the months ahead. These challenges change very often allowing you the ability to level up whatever characters you like to max level 20 and give the fights alot of new and interesting mechanics. Which award gear that increase certain stats and give your character a new look. That also includes the ability to use certain premium skins that unlock new personas for certain characters, like Power Girl for Supergirl, who shares all the same moves but has a different voice actor and is a new person. The robust roster is full of interesting characters that I know that fighting fans will love, especially to level their favorites to the max level. There's a ton to collect and plenty of challenges to face. As a non fighting game player, it's nice to have stuff to do instead of having to jump online and get my butt kicked all the time by people who know how to play the game like it's second nature to them.
    However, I have to take a point away by the fact that they added microtransactions to the game. Getting all of those outfits and premium skins costs alot of crystals that are very hard to get in the process of playing the game and they want you to purchase them to get them more quickly. Now if you buy the 100 dollar collectors edition, you can get most of those with the game. But for those who "only" spend the regular 60 bucks on this, it'll take you tons of time and effort to collect everything, possibly even hundreds of hours. I'm all for collecting but don't make things so hard to get that you're almost forced to spend the extra 40 bucks on all of those outfits. And yes, I"m aware that all the DLC characters are included in that, but they are not out yet and that heavily relies on how fast they get those DLC characters out. The first batch is announced but has no release date, as of this review, and, if you go by the schedule MKX had, it'll be over a year before all of the announced characters come out, so keeping a players attention for that long with new characters alone will be tough.
    In the end, I'd say this is the non-fighting gamers fighting game. There's so much to do and see and learn from just the single-player portions alone that it's worth the admission price. That doesn't include if you want to scour the online modes to find other people to play too. I'd love for them to get rid of the microtransactions here but I know that will never happen. And with Tekken 7 and the new Marvel vs. Capcom game being released in the next few months, Injustice will have stiff competition to keep up the fantastic work. I personally will be interested in seeing how things play out with all these high profile fighting games being released soon and how Netherrealm responds to them. For now, I'll go back to leveling my characters and await the first batch of DLC characters coming eventually.
  21. May 16, 2017
    Injustice 2 is the best fighting game out there and one of the best games out there. I love the story, the characters and the mechanics. The game is full of content and I love it.
  22. May 21, 2017
    I loved Injustice: Gods Among Us, but I was worried that the introduction of gear would ruin the game via imbalance and unappealing character looks. Well, I was wrong. Injustice 2 manages to take what I loved about the first game, and improved it in almost every way. Injustice 2 is an excellent fight and one of my favorite games of this generation.

I personally liked the story much more

I personally liked the story much more than what we got in Injustice: Gods Among Us. In my opinion, the tale of an evil Superman was not done justice. My biggest complaint with the story was that it was confusing and fighting duplicates of each character just felt lazy to me. In Injustice 2, duplicates are no longer a thing and the story is much more straightforward. The story also has a few times where you can pick between two different characters to play as for that chapter. Because of this, there is added replay value as the cutscenes will change slightly and you’ll unlock rewards for doing all possible outcomes. They also got rid the mini-games in the campaign and I feel like that is a step in the right direction. I didn’t care them in Gods Among Us, and I also didn’t care for the quick-time events in Mortal Kombat X. Despite the improvements made to the campaign, it still falls short. It seems that after Mortal Kombat (2011), the campaigns keep getting shorter.

The gameplay is more of Injustice: Gods Among Us and Mortal Kombat X, but with the introduction of gear/loot. You can level up each character to level twenty and unlock common, rare, and epic loot. This adds much more replay value as it gives you something to work for and you can build a character that suits your playing style. I was concerned that my Batman might not look cool if I want the best stats. Well, there are two solutions. You can either turn off the stats or transform your armor. By transforming your armor, the looks of one piece of armor can be transferred over to your best piece of gear.

Injustice 2 is another example of why Netherrealm is one of, if not the best developer of fighting games around. To me, this game is on par with Mortal Kombat X, which I love, and might even be better than it. If you love DC Comics and fighting games, Injustice 2 is a must own.
  23. May 17, 2017
    Great game in all aspects. Characters look amazing and have their own unique feel and personality. Storymode is good and keeps you entertained. Gear system adds additonal fun and customization. DLC promises to deliver even more in the future. Highly recomended !!
  24. May 16, 2017
    Injustice 2 is one of the best fighting games that I have ever played. The game takes every element of the first game and improves it. Like the first game, the story mode is pretty interesting while there are over 25 DC characters to choose. The graphics and gameplay are amazing. Each hero has his/her own unique moves while there are some new ones added too. The gear mode works pefectlyInjustice 2 is one of the best fighting games that I have ever played. The game takes every element of the first game and improves it. Like the first game, the story mode is pretty interesting while there are over 25 DC characters to choose. The graphics and gameplay are amazing. Each hero has his/her own unique moves while there are some new ones added too. The gear mode works pefectly too. In general, the game has lots of depth while it's highly replayable. If you are a fan of fighting games or DC, this game is for you. If you are a fan of both, you will LOVE it! If not, give it a try, it won't disappoint you! Expand
  25. May 22, 2017
    Awesome game. One of the best fighting games I've ever played. So many modes and features to enjoy. Graphics, story, dialogue, gameplay, etc. it's all great. I'll buy any dlc they release to support his masterpiece.
  26. May 31, 2017
    Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, AmazingAmazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Amazing

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
  27. May 18, 2017
    Now i just finished playing Zelda (More or less) but i wanted to play injustice 2 it definitely met my standards for a fighting game the game has an amazing combo system which allows you to juggle like never before and the story is suprisingly well thought. out for fighting sure some times their is a ridiculous way two heroes fight also the roster is large and filled with new specials &Now i just finished playing Zelda (More or less) but i wanted to play injustice 2 it definitely met my standards for a fighting game the game has an amazing combo system which allows you to juggle like never before and the story is suprisingly well thought. out for fighting sure some times their is a ridiculous way two heroes fight also the roster is large and filled with new specials & such the amount of features the add is crazy and the fact that you can put down some meter for invulnerability while moving for projectile happy enemies making it complex and engaging sort of like an rpg ( i guess ) also the customization actually affects appearances unfortunately not allowed for multiplayer but still looks awesome the online adds so much & the net code is amazing no stuttering in sight also multiplayer never gets old its always a new challenge and their are real challenges everyday plus the dark tone of the story is nice and is again well thought all characters feel balanced and you can put more than 100 hours if not more if you don't get bored and i already put 50 hours into it and i have been playing for only a week it is extremely addicting and you won't want to stop the combat system has improved from the original while keeping the pros and ditching the cons while also having crisp and beautiful graphics also animations are great also change of look is a welcome feature that should be in more fighting games also environmental attacks are also in here and their new and the fact the game is a whole lot more fast pace requires you to know the ins and outs of the combos for your character reaction time has to be presice especially online giving you a sense of exhilaration and making a really fun experience making it to my top 5 favorite fighting games of all time and well deserving of a 10/10 Expand
  28. May 16, 2017
    Success of this game will largely hinge on character progression and the new "loot" system, as most of the mechanics are carried over from the prior version. With only a few hours in I hesitantly say that they nailed it. There seems to be something in this for everyone.....character progression/gear for thise who are into to that kind of thing, and the ability to negate buffs if you wantSuccess of this game will largely hinge on character progression and the new "loot" system, as most of the mechanics are carried over from the prior version. With only a few hours in I hesitantly say that they nailed it. There seems to be something in this for everyone.....character progression/gear for thise who are into to that kind of thing, and the ability to negate buffs if you want balanced play. Really looking forward to sinking much more time into this. Expand
  29. Jul 15, 2017
    Though I believe Injustice 2 contains a lackluster and less-pivotal Story Mode compared to the epic tale of two DC worlds colliding in the first entry, Injustice 2 makes up for it through an update on it's awesome gameplay, an incredible gear system that seriously makes me play for hours and just ridiculously great mocap work.
  30. May 16, 2017
    very interesting story and fantastic gear system must buy
    outstanding visual story has gust began of injustice best fighting games of all time aii i wanna say is awsome
  31. Jun 21, 2017
    Holy CLUNKFEST, Batman! From the menus to the gameplay, Injustice 2 is a total clusterf*ck. Dial-a-combos and projectile spamming are still in full force. It's almost as if the designers are telling you to "find the cheapest moves and setups, then spam yourself to victory". This is not fighting, this is high-tech dodgeball with wonky-ass animation. Sorry, but I grew tired of this gameplayHoly CLUNKFEST, Batman! From the menus to the gameplay, Injustice 2 is a total clusterf*ck. Dial-a-combos and projectile spamming are still in full force. It's almost as if the designers are telling you to "find the cheapest moves and setups, then spam yourself to victory". This is not fighting, this is high-tech dodgeball with wonky-ass animation. Sorry, but I grew tired of this gameplay idea in 1997. I will elaborate much further in my full review... but Injustice 2 is clearly designed more to be "watched" than played. It's a movie, with a side fighting game attached. Sure, all the cinematics are pretty and all. Those facial animations are great. But yeah... too bad you don't fight with facial expressions. And too bad about the actual gameplay.

Injustice 2's gameplay is a minimal improvement over the prequels. While quite a few "MK-tastic" quirks make their return... new mechanics such as Evasive Rolls, Air Recoveries, and faster walking speeds make the gameplay system a tad smoother. Blockable environmental attacks are also a step in the right direction. Visually, Injustice 2 has sharp textures and detailed character models... but ironically, once again, the characters appear so "tiny" during gameplay that their details and customizations hardly matter. For comparison's sake, the size of an Injustice 2 character in gameplay is about the size of one leg of a TEKKEN 7 character. Even KOF14's characters and SFV's characters appear much larger and more impressive on screen. This is a huge visual flaw for a fighting game in my opinion, right along with the wonky animations. Not a fan.
  32. May 16, 2017
    We finally have one of the most anticipated NRS game recently. I really appreciated and have to congratulate NRS for such great effort for they making such a game. They revealed, announced and released the game in less than a year. I myself not a truly comic book nerdy but this game was too catchy for me. Not for the game itself but the features that they offering.

Injustice 2 clearly

Injustice 2 clearly best game that made by NRS by now and graphically best looking 2,5D fighting game out there.

Story mode is truly a masterpiece and the cut-scenes are much better than many action-adventure IPs single handedly. Campaign runs more than 2 hours and it's gratifying. There are many surprising moments in plot progress which give you a decent thrill. Also, story mode has different endings. Dozens of pre-fight line just proved how developers made a good job on this.

As for the gameplay, it is still carrying the same fundamentals and dynamics from the previous title. Interactive stage elements are still here. Combo system remained same in overall yet getting more fluid like MKX. Roster is chosen wisely and bringing all the fan-favourite characters that includes: Superman, Batman, Joker, Brainiac, Swarmp Thing and Supergirl. Not to mention DLC characters yet to be come with future updates..Customization mode is great and i think it's the best Customization i ever seen. You can collect the XPs throughout the various game modes and use them for customize your character with individual gears. Customization items and options are quite enough for any kind of taste. Some characters also have special outfit option which is nice.

Graphics are amazing. No doubt it has the best 3D fighting game graphicsever made. This is something you can rarely see in a fighting game and it's obvious that NRS pushed so hard in graphic department. Stage designs and lightings are amazing and very well done. You can feel the atmosphere. Sound effects and voice acting are also great for both story mode and the other modes. Each character's cinematic - dramatic pre-after battle sequences are genuinely deliver the fest that you deserve. Facial animations, effects, stage transitions, character traits and supers..everything is awesome.

Injustice 2 offering not only an online mode but tons of offline gamemode as well. One of the major single player mode is "Multiverse Mode". This is where you gonna spend your hours since it allows to upgrade your character's level. You can unlock the various universes with various difficulty settings in this mode.

This is the best fighting game of the year hands down! Grab the full package, the game already offering so much things to do so enjoy it. Thank you NRS, for making such an awesome game..Play on.
  33. May 22, 2017
    Injustice 2 is by far a great game, the game accomplished what it should have, and in my point of view it is a game I will play for as long as new gear keeps on coming so I can play and enjoy my time with new gear, it is better than mortal kombat x and worse in some cases such as fatalities but still it will give you hours of fun gaming.
  34. Nov 17, 2018
    While Injustice 2 might be the best Netherrealm game yet, at least from a technical standpoint, it also suffers the most from WB's scummy business practices.

The core gameplay is still a ton of fun, if a little slow, and the campaign looks and feels great. The Multiverse, a refined version of MKX's Living Towers, is a great addition, and provides consistent PvE content when you don't feel like getting brutalized online. So what's the issue?

Netherrealm Studios have churned out ten additional characters since the game's release, and you have to pay for ALL of them. Some of them are crazy good and can counter popular strategies, but if you don't fork over the dough to buy them, you're put at a disadvantage. This doesn't even factor in "gear", stat-altering cosmetics that unbalance casual play, or "source crystals" a premium currency used to change the color of your character's costume. Even those who waited for the full-priced edition that includes all the DLC characters have to deal with the economy of a mobile game, and it's depressing.

It pains me to give this game such a mediocre score, but the core mechanics, as solid as they may be, are bogged down far too much by WB's penny-pinching. If you have to play it, I recommend you buy a used copy of the Legendary Edition to ensure you get the most complete experience without directly supporting these practices.
  35. May 19, 2017
    "Me personally I loved this game" for my RLM fans out there haha seriously enjoyed the game and with 3hours of cutscene content driving such a great story seriously the DCEU movie universe could take some tips from the games and animated movies right now.

https://youtu.be/ZGNOJrV2Mrw This is for those of you (especially PC users still waiting for a release on PC) here is the cutscene

This is for those of you (especially PC users still waiting for a release on PC) here is the cutscene movie from the game. I have to admit I wanted to wait but I couldn't help myself and honestly I watched it all through in one sitting such a great story just like the first game but darker.
  36. May 19, 2017
    What an improvement from the first one. Graphically impressive if you want to show off HDR this is a game to show. Fighting is a lot faster still Batman and Superman feels a little sluggish but not hard to master. Loads of things to do after completing the main story and it introduced its best feature the multiverse.
  37. May 18, 2017
    Yet another amazing fighting game from NeatherRealm. Everything you liked about the original Injustice is back and greatly improved. The gear system a great touch and unlocking loot is addicting. The roster is massive and features some out-of-leftfield fan favorites that are sure to create new fans of the DCU. Multiverse presents a good challenge for those looking and the story is betterYet another amazing fighting game from NeatherRealm. Everything you liked about the original Injustice is back and greatly improved. The gear system a great touch and unlocking loot is addicting. The roster is massive and features some out-of-leftfield fan favorites that are sure to create new fans of the DCU. Multiverse presents a good challenge for those looking and the story is better than any DCEU movie released so far. If you're a fan of fighting games or DC comics, buy this game, you won't regret it. Expand
  38. May 17, 2017
    The story is amazing, combat is simply epic, multiverse is very varied, muliplayer is balanced, there are some characters that are really annoying sometimes but the beautiful gameplay is too good to be true
  39. May 18, 2017
    I really wanted to love this game, I honestly did, but this title to me simply feels like a chore to play most of the time. I'll admit that I consider myself an intermediate when it comes to fighting games--definitely not a noob but not a hardcore player either--and some of the moves in this game are so difficult to pull off. It really feels like you need the speed and reflexes of TheI really wanted to love this game, I honestly did, but this title to me simply feels like a chore to play most of the time. I'll admit that I consider myself an intermediate when it comes to fighting games--definitely not a noob but not a hardcore player either--and some of the moves in this game are so difficult to pull off. It really feels like you need the speed and reflexes of The Flash to even have a chance of doing them. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the story so far--although it's not quite as good as the first game--but at the same time it's not very fun to play. Also, why do we need a gear system here? The last time I checked this was a FIGHTING game, NOT an RPG. Don't know why seemingly EVERY game nowadays has to have SOME kind of RPG element to it. I mean it works for certain games, but not ALL titles need those elements to be successful. On the more positive side, the story is solid if unspectacular, the graphics are exceptional (particularly the facial animations), and come on, it's a DC title! About time they got a little love, because they sure aren't getting any in the DCEU! In closing, this is a great title for hardcore gamers who enjoy collecting loot/gear, but for more casual players who are interested simply because it's a DC title should probably wait for a price drop. Expand
  40. May 17, 2017
    Injustice 2
    True AAA quality
    Supergirl has been sent to earth to look after Superman and Braniac is on his way to collect… Superman is the only way to defeat him of course, but after the whole superman going evil thing in the first injustice, batmans not having it.. Superman is imprisoned… and batman is determined to find his own way to save the day… But wonderwoman and supergirl
    Injustice 2
    True AAA quality
    But wonderwoman and supergirl aren’t so niave… so they set out to free superman
    and once again its team batman vs team superman and each side has some surprising team mates that im not going to spoil and plus there are choices and different endings… the story gets interesting
    This campaign is a little less than 5 hours long and will have you playing as a variety of heroes and villians learning all of their tricks and moves…
    And for better or for worse characters don’t really feel all too different from eachother…
    obviously some fly, some are faster than others, each character has their own moves sets and some may feel easier to control than others…
    but a lot of the characters handle pretty identically like there are character classes here…
    each character can in their own way feel extremely strong or weak depending on your play style and the campaign is the best way to figure out your play style since certain characters do handle so identically…
    but at the same time.. this leads to a feeling of a lack of variety in the roster in terms of fighting styles… but the variety in flashy moves is still here
    The combat here is very simple, very easy to pick of up for beginners or get fancy with if youre a pro..
    the interactive environment are back and feel more varied and accessible than the first game, there are map transitions still, and different characters will interact with different items or the same item differently depending on their size or strength which makes the maps themselves feel like characters and play a little differently each time if you mix your fighting up
    theres a clash system here where you can wager your super move bars for a chance to regain some health while at the same time risk losing health if you lose the wager..
    You can also spend this meter on more powerful combo finishers if youd like
    and then of course the super moves that are built up by doing or receiving damage and require just holding down 2 buttons and making sure youre in the right position to grab your opponent and do some massive damage
    It would be nice to see maybe a couple animations for each characters super move as of course seeing the same quick cutscene over and over gets a little old…
    Theres also now individual levels for each character to give grinding incentive for the multiverse mode…
    The higher level your character is, the better gear you can equip…
    There are mother boxes here with rare and epic items for you to equip to your character to boost their health, strength, change their cosmetics..
    These customizations go pretty deep and are a nice added layer to craft your favorite hero around your play style
    You can get these mother boxes from the story, multiverse events which is essentially a single player challenge mode.. this is where the stat boosting gear comes into play as theyre turned off in competive mode, you can also get them from daily challenges, purchasing them with in game credits you get from completing matches, and randomly youll earn boxes from leveling up…
    And the online here feels perfect.. no complains..
    While id like some more variety in the roster like a shape shifting beast boy..
    Injustice 2 is filled with content to keep both single player or competitive fighting players busy for a long time
    I give Injustice 2
    an 8.5/10
  41. May 21, 2017
    The amount of DLC they throw at you every time Netherrealm makes a fighting game is getting really old. Getting prompted to spend money after dropping $60 is disgusting.
  42. May 31, 2017
    Have you played the original Injustice? This is exactly that rehashed the way everyone always complains yet fail to see the truth about this game. Why waste overbearing amounts of moneys such as two or even three times original game price to actually recieve all the content? Pathetic. Way too many people fan boy these characters and overlook a large amount of the games flaws.
  43. May 23, 2017
  44. May 21, 2017
    Good as the first one? Not so much but definitely holds its own.
    The Story is bit too long, had to many useless characters who added nothing to the story and had unnecessary cut scenes.
    The gameplay is pretty much the same as the first game but with a few improvements here and there, such as the gear system. Although some characters are impossible to play aganist due to the fact they're
    Good as the first one? Not so much but definitely holds its own.
    Although some characters are impossible to play aganist due to the fact they're easily spammable
  45. May 20, 2017
    Es un excelente juego!!! Muy buenos gráficos! Variedad de personajes, muy buenas cinemáticas. Lo recomiendo ampliamente. La calidad supera al anterior injustice. La movilidad es muy fluida
  46. May 31, 2017
    I have no idea what is wrong with the AI in this game but after about 4 hours it becomes nearly impossible. I am by no means a noob to fighting games and i must say there are many gaps 9in this system. A 1 from me becasue this game is unplayable now.
  47. May 16, 2017
    It's fun, it's great looking, it has big roster (28+ characters), it has story mode (2.5 hours long Hollywood quality cinematic), cool gears, smooth online experience, and quick matchmaking. I gave 7/10 because of the (current) online matchmaking always pairs me up with far higher level opponent that I have no chance of winning, and Deadshot is quite a cheap character (can't even get closeIt's fun, it's great looking, it has big roster (28+ characters), it has story mode (2.5 hours long Hollywood quality cinematic), cool gears, smooth online experience, and quick matchmaking. I gave 7/10 because of the (current) online matchmaking always pairs me up with far higher level opponent that I have no chance of winning, and Deadshot is quite a cheap character (can't even get close to him). It's a unique fighting game with very high quality production, and if you like DC characters/superheroes this is it. Expand
  48. Jun 19, 2017
    Total rip-off.
    For starters, 'Ultimate Edition' does not include DARKSEID!!!
    How it this ‘Ultimate'? I paid for the most-expensive version of this game, then found out they want EVEN MORE MONEY FOR DLC CHARACTERS/BONUS CONTENT!!! That’s worse that greedy, it’s deceptive. I seriously feel lied-to by the advertising. I thought I was buying the WHOLE game, but I didn’t get the whole
    Total rip-off.
    For starters, 'Ultimate Edition' does not include DARKSEID!!!
    How it this ‘Ultimate'?
    That’s worse that greedy, it’s deceptive.
    I seriously feel lied-to by the advertising.
    I thought I was buying the WHOLE game, but I didn’t get the whole game.

The regular game is $60, and I paid $40 more to get exactly this:
    2 'shaders' that let you change the color palate of a character, and 3 ‘skins’:
    alternate looks for Flash, Green Lantern, and Super Girl.
    That's its.
    So I basically paid a little more than $13 a skin for 3 skins I didn’t really want because I was under the impression I would get ALL the others characters in the game too.
    Nope.
    The claim new content will come for the ultimate edition, but, so far, literally nothing.
    I got a message saying I could not play ‘Red Hood’, but no, he isn’t available even after beating the story mode.
    I can BUY him though.
    They say it’s a ‘bug’ but until it’s fixed, it sure feels like a scam.
    Darkseid definitely isn’t a bug through, they definitely want you to pay more for him, and they have made it pretty clear there will be plenty more content that you can only get if you pay extra.

The game itself is mediocre - control interface and graphics are slightly improved from Injustice 1, but FULL of of bugs, and the story is both short and boring.
    Less than 6 hours, and you don't even fight all the available characters, instead they have you fight a lot of the same characters over and over....got really tired of Bane popping up everywhere.
    Despite being a direct sequel, nothing about this game had the same feel as Injustice 1.
    Injustice 1 was fun because it was a broken-mirror universe where heroes and villains swap roles and Superman is a jerk!
    Injustice 2 takes that away and, almost without exception, the heroes act heroically, the villains act villainous, and things plays out very predictably.
    I'd actually buy a regular DC universe fighting game like that, it's only disappointing because I was expecting another game like Injustice 1.

As fort he bugs, missing dialogue, glitchy graphics, missing DLC characters, and if you have major problems and try to re-install the game, the bugs just get worse, and you will NEVER again be able to link that account with the mobile app, denying you the 'Grid' skin literally forever unless you start a whole new PSN account.
    Believe me, I know, I was on the phone with tech support for DAYS.
    If they fix all the bugs, I’d say ‘Ultimate Edition’ is worth $30 and I’d give it 2 stars.
    If they actually included ALL the contact in Ultimate Edition, Id give it a 3 stars.
    Really though, unless they announce a major overhaul, don’t buy this game.

The 1-star comes from the fact that an OK/Mediocre game is completely spoiled when you feel like they lied to you about what you were paying for.
    I paid extra for the 'full game' and I didn't get it.
    I got a broken game with missing pieces that I had to pay extra to complete....which is the experience I could have had for $60 instead of $100.

So now I'm either the chump who spent $100 on a bad product, or I’m the chump who spends even more hoping it will make the product better.
    If you want to play it, rent it, wait a year or two then buy the cheapest version of the disc.
    The download version of the game is the worst-possible value – you return it, you can’t trade it in, you don’t get the limited-edition comic book that comes with the disc, and you DON’T Get DARKSEID (they mockingly tell you he was only available with digital copies as a pre-order, and that ship has sailed).
  49. May 18, 2017
    Completely vapid and severely lacking what Gods Among Us brought to the table. Looks like a bad remastered version of a knock-off of Gods Among Us. And why does every female face look like they have down syndrome? Yeah sure, there's more to do, but it feels repetitive and pointless. IMHO the last thing this franchise needed was a gear grind and guilds. It was fun for a few hours, butCompletely vapid and severely lacking what Gods Among Us brought to the table. Looks like a bad remastered version of a knock-off of Gods Among Us. And why does every female face look like they have down syndrome? Yeah sure, there's more to do, but it feels repetitive and pointless. IMHO the last thing this franchise needed was a gear grind and guilds. It was fun for a few hours, but quickly lost any appeal. Expand
  50. Jun 2, 2017
    $100 for 38 characters is not acceptable. super moves are so boring. mechanics are awful . battle arenas are fewer than tekken . ridiculous combat system .
  51. May 17, 2017
    If I liked DC, floor bouncing moves and clunky animation; this game would be irresistible -- but it's really not for me. Injustice 2 is a big improvement over the terrible predecessor but for me it doesn't hold a candle to 3D fighters.
  52. May 20, 2017
    Graphically it looks fantastic and the music, voice overs, and sound effects are all top notch. I even think the story is very well done, certainly better than some of DC's latest efforts at the box office. But in terms of gameplay, enhhh... not really feeling it. I am SO tired of juggle combos that give you like 2 milliseconds to block and then you basically get to sit there for a few andGraphically it looks fantastic and the music, voice overs, and sound effects are all top notch. I even think the story is very well done, certainly better than some of DC's latest efforts at the box office. But in terms of gameplay, enhhh... not really feeling it. I am SO tired of juggle combos that give you like 2 milliseconds to block and then you basically get to sit there for a few and have no control of your character. That all but ruined MKX for me and I was hoping they wouldn't follow the exact same path with Injustice 2. Unfortunately they have. It's too easy to initiate a juggle combo and the window to prevent it is far too small. This might have been ok but the game inexplicably suffers input lag that can vary from moment to moment and match to match. You can see this yourself by going into practice and executing the same combos repeatedly. They'll execute as expected maybe two thirds of the time while the other third, it just doesn't properly register.

As you can imagine, this makes online play super annoying, especially since matchmaking is, once again, lackluster and doesn't give a damn about skill level.

I'd like to rate it higher but more often than not I'm frustrated, not entertained, while playing. I could sit here for hours practicing moves but when the game sometimes completely disregards input commands, why bother?
  53. Sep 29, 2017
    An alright fighting game but with way too many issues to recommend to anyone. The gear, which was a main selling point has been extremely poorly implemented. Even if you buy the Ultimate Edition they lock additional content behind a paywall (skins). They released a patch which has deleted a lot of the gear that people have worked for months to obtain. All while providing little to noAn alright fighting game but with way too many issues to recommend to anyone. The gear, which was a main selling point has been extremely poorly implemented. Even if you buy the Ultimate Edition they lock additional content behind a paywall (skins). They released a patch which has deleted a lot of the gear that people have worked for months to obtain. All while providing little to no information and support. Expand
  54. Dec 20, 2017
  55. May 18, 2017
    Like the first Injustice, this game is just MK without fatalities and blood. There will be 10 or more characters from the roster, available through DLC. Thats actually 1/3rd of the base launch character pool, and 1/4th of the supposedly final pool. I know im not obligated to buy all the DLCs, if I dont want to. But in such a case, I would be playing 75% of the game. Because thats whatLike the first Injustice, this game is just MK without fatalities and blood. There will be 10 or more characters from the roster, available through DLC. Thats actually 1/3rd of the base launch character pool, and 1/4th of the supposedly final pool. I know im not obligated to buy all the DLCs, if I dont want to. But in such a case, I would be playing 75% of the game. Because thats what fighting games are all about, characters and move sets. I dont think its acceptable for a game, especially a fighting game, to cost 1/3rd of the price of the console, and thats not even the Collectors Edition, just the full game. On top of that there are equipment items for the characters, equipment items that actually affect gameplay, that are available only through online play, guild ranking and lots of grind. Or they can be bought from the "Pay to win" shop in the game, for real cash. Really? So what happened to the "We want to make the fighting genre popular again"? Make it a MOBA? Yet MOBAs are completely free, and everything in them can be obtained through grinding. Fighting games are about sitting down with a friend and beating each other, thats when they were popular. This game is the complete opposite, online only equipment, pay to win equipment, lots of DLC, lots of milking the cash cows. Once the cash cows buy everything from the "Pay to win online shop", the game will be dead in the water, and the full version will be available for 15 bucks. Injustice 2 is not about fighting, its about cash, buying forgetful stuff, and moving to the next cash cow game. So vote not only on metacritic, vote with your wallets. Im putting my cash on the fighting game releasing next month. :) Expand
  56. Jun 2, 2017
    The animations are lacking and most characters just feel like headswaps from MKX characters. Roster could've been a lot better, way too much Batman influence. Offline content is satisfying and the saving grace of the game for me.
  57. Jun 2, 2017
    .Sad gameplay, this game only gets a good review because of the HQs, if it was not for that, my god of the sky, heavy gameplay, never... .......................
  58. May 17, 2017
    Boring, too many cutscenes, animations are extremely rigid, gameplay is not fluid etc etc. Not sure why people is giving so good scores to this, I suppose you must be a super-hero lover to enjoy it... Returned after 1 playing hour.
  59. May 31, 2017
    I'm gonna do something I don't normally do for reviews and focus this one on the couple of things that kept Neverealm from achieving greatness this time around. Mainly, the single player experience and the AI. Everything else in this game, from character selection, to sound and graphics, to gameplay-is solid if not remarkable. Hence, the 8/10, but SO frustrated am I with the inept abilityI'm gonna do something I don't normally do for reviews and focus this one on the couple of things that kept Neverealm from achieving greatness this time around. Mainly, the single player experience and the AI. Everything else in this game, from character selection, to sound and graphics, to gameplay-is solid if not remarkable. Hence, the 8/10, but SO frustrated am I with the inept ability to do these two things well really struck a sour chord with me. Here's the problem:

AI: Okay, so you create a DEEP (amazingly deep) customization system. It features pieced out armor, additional unlockable abilities and stat boosts, even hidden characters and voice actors. Really amazing stuff. WHY then, is this games iteration of "hard" mode, no more then the same cheeseball bullsh*t spam tactics seen in every other fighting game. Two words, wasted opportunity. Why couldn't hard mode just be characters who were decked out in all this stat boosting gear you created? You basically just did all the leg work for a deeply customizable difficulty and then said "screw it, 5 hit 300 damage unblockable combos is a smarter system". Whhhhyyyyyyyy??? It's so disappointing, and the end game boss actually has moves not even available to the playable character, even more of a cheap shot to spike difficulty. These are old tropes and WB has been doing a great job of pioneering the genre. Just a huge ball dropped here.

Single Player: So no real issues here with the campaign, it was standard fare. Contrary to popular opinion I didn't think they stretched the characters too far in the main campaign, they all more or less felt like their comic identities save the differences explained through this story and the last. The issue comes in when you play the individual characters to their unique endings (arcade style). Whoever wrote these endings needs to be dragged outside, spiked through the balls with a nail-gun and fired...from a cannon into the sun. They are the most uncharacteristic, slapped together stories I have ever seen. Atrocitus decides he shouldn't be so rage filled and celebrates with a rainbow coalition of lanterns...f*cking WHAT. F*CKING WHAAAAT!? I'll spare you any others, but they are worth looking up if you just want to puke with hatred. Usually I could care less about these little stories, but because they are standard fare and fit the lore. They retconned like 10 stories in these cutscenes...it was like watching Fantastic 4...any of them, pick one.

I can't in good conscience knock a score for such a good game low because of these things, but whoever it is that put them in the game, shame. SHAME and a pox on your family. 8/10
  60. Jun 27, 2017
    Injustice 2 is just Injustice 1 with a different story and slightly different line-up. The old adage of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" fits nicely with this title, and netherrealms stuck with it. I enjoyed the 1st title and to see very little was done (on the surface) to the second one was alright in my book.

I enjoyed the story mode in both games, proving you can have a meaningful

I enjoyed the story mode in both games, proving you can have a meaningful story in a fighter; not some cobbled-together narrative that only exists to lightly glue the game together. These are bona fide pop culture legends by now; you can't flimsily stick them in a game and hope it all stays together. Kudos for making me care about the fate of everyone (other than ironically Doctor Fate, which is almost as pointless to the story as cheetah and the Joker).

Both titles look amazing as are the super move animations. Combat is fluid, but to a point; and that is a grievance across both titles. Fighting opponents feels less about chaining abilities together and more about jockeying for better positions to attack. Games for example Street Fighter have a touch of positioning in the flow of combat, but proper blocking and counter attacking and then chaining abilities across the dance of the fight make for far more intriguing battles. In IJ2 sprinting outside of your opponent's reach is all it takes to take nearly an entire health bar out before they can even recover. Is that bad? Not really once you understand the ebb and flow, but it doesn't make for an intimate battle. Once you get chained like this, there's nearly no recovery. You might as well put the controller down and wait for everything to resolve (which feels like somewhere between 5-10 actual seconds). Add in the super move and you'll find yourself getting real bored, real fast, even when it's YOU doing it!

The multiverse sections and Overwatch like loot crates are a great addition to the game. Powering up which DC fighter you enjoy playing as (which the story mode acts like a sampler for the player in truth) is a great way to get people using the title over and over. My only issue is the urgency of doing it. Personally, grinding any game of any genre like this is a turnoff, i'd rather dip in when I want, yet other than getting super strong with one hero (or many) without a end reward (being the best is not a reward to me) makes me even less likely to go hog wild with the multiverse aspect of the game. Regardless to my own personal take, it is a competent mode and a great addition to the title.

If you love fighters, IJ2 is a must own, if you love comics, IJ2 is a must own. If you are super competitive and don't care a fig about the genre or comics, you're probably going to hate this game. You'll like for a bit and then move on because you'll end up comparing it to your usual fighter.
  61. Jun 26, 2017
    This game has so much potential it is overflowing with it. The gear system is actually not bad. The multiverse is a great way to incorporate a fun way to get the gear. The story mode is acceptable. But there a few GLARING problems. The gear doesn't make any sense as the lower level gear will sometimes be very obviously better than the high level gear. As always, the net code couldThis game has so much potential it is overflowing with it. The gear system is actually not bad. The multiverse is a great way to incorporate a fun way to get the gear. The story mode is acceptable. But there a few GLARING problems. The gear doesn't make any sense as the lower level gear will sometimes be very obviously better than the high level gear. As always, the net code could use work... And the biggest problem of all- the roster. The roster is full of characters who most people would not even recognize, but easily the worst part is the fact that they took out 50 percent of the roster from the first game. If you liked wildly popular characters like Lobo, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Solomon Grundy, Batgirl, Captain Marvel/Shazam and many more (and a lot of people did) then the people that made this game don't care and took them out and that is probably the biggest deciding factor in this score (the roster). A huge pet peeve of mine is taking characters away instead of adding more. Expand
  62. Dec 19, 2017
    Injustice 2 certainly isn't a bad fighter, but I definitely wouldn't consider it one of the best. The overall presentation is pretty good, and new additions like the gear system are fun & welcoming for casual players. However, the story does not live up to the original and the fighting mechanics are still odd/clunky. It's the kind of experience that casual players will be quick to forgetInjustice 2 certainly isn't a bad fighter, but I definitely wouldn't consider it one of the best. The overall presentation is pretty good, and new additions like the gear system are fun & welcoming for casual players. However, the story does not live up to the original and the fighting mechanics are still odd/clunky. It's the kind of experience that casual players will be quick to forget and serious players will be apprehensive to adopt. Expand
  63. Dec 22, 2017
    Got the game on sale. It's gorgeous and some fun for awhile. But man, it gets repetitive QUICKLY. You level up and win gear, but ALL you do is fight over and over again. I thought the story and leveling/gear would keep me interested, but it just doesn't. Just too little to do and so repetitive.
  64. Aug 8, 2018
    Я очень люблю игры от Незеров, я был в восторге от MKX, и предзаказал максимальное издание Injustice 2, изначально игра создала ощущения на 10ку, но поиграв довольно приличное количество часов, я осознал, что это не файтинг, а ср*ный мать его шутер. Балансом никто не занимается, лишь только после ЕВО внесли пару фиксов и то не значительных, проход зонинга как бал так и остался основнойЯ очень люблю игры от Незеров, я был в восторге от MKX, и предзаказал максимальное издание Injustice 2, изначально игра создала ощущения на 10ку, но поиграв довольно приличное количество часов, я осознал, что это не файтинг, а ср*ный мать его шутер. Балансом никто не занимается, лишь только после ЕВО внесли пару фиксов и то не значительных, проход зонинга как бал так и остался основной проблемой игры.
    Перешел на Теккен 7, на нем и останусь если Незеры не сделают из игры файтинг, т.е. то чем она и должна была быть изначально...
  65. Jun 3, 2017
    The only thing I really enjoyed was the story mode..The graphics, writing and story are superb with a great facial capture system we get the best dc movie in a long time lol. The multiverse, character progression and gear system are great ideas but they are just way too repetitve and take way too long.
    2 weeks after release and i'm really bored with this game.. I would assume it's fine for fighting game lovers and will surely be worth your time.. for the story only lovers, wait for a sale.
  66. May 26, 2017
    Injustice 2 is a great fighting game that surpasses the first game in almost every way. The story is solid, the core fighting is fun, and there's enough replay value for me to see myself coming back to this game, which is where I felt the first game was lacking.
    The Campaign:
    The Campaign:
    The story is solid and I'd say is an improvement from the first one. The story feels more like a story than an excuse to make the characters fight each other. (Mostly) every fight has a reason to happen. Because this game takes place only in the evil superman universe the story makes more sense than in the first one where the universes are getting merged. If you have not played the first game though you will probably be lost. My biggest complaint with the campaign is the ending. It felt more like Netherrealm was trying to make it open to a sequel than to give the story a truly satisfying ending. I do want to see a sequel eventually, but this game could've wrapped up the story for until the next game comes out. Overall though, the campaign is great and you should definitely play it.
    Multiplayer:
    I SUCK at fighting games so I was expecting to get my ass kicked online and that's pretty much what happened. I kinda wish there was more of a ranking system so that I was matched with players of my skill level. The game was matching me with opponents of my level, but they clearly had more fighting game experience with me and seemed to know multiple 20 hit combos for every character. Other times I knew I was better or equivalent to the opponent skill-wise, but they were beating me because they picked Deadshot. I don't wanna go on a rant about the character balance, but Deadshot is a pain in the ass.
    MICROTRANSACTIONS!!!???:
    There are microtransactions in this game. You can buy gear that will improve you're character's stats, looks, and even moves. While this is disabled in ranked mode, and you don't have to spend any money, it's just kinda odd to have microtransactions. But, as I said you don't have to spend a dime. You can get all the gear for free by just playing. It is pretty cool in that aspect and gives me another reason to come back to this game. What bothers me is the moves that are locked behind this gear. Some moves characters had in the previous game are unavailable for the characters by default and must be unlocked through the gear system. Not a huge deal though, considering I could probably unlock them with enough play time.
    Overall Injustice 2 is a solid fighting game with lots of variety, and enough new content to keep players coming back for a while. Definitely worth a purchase if you're a fan of fighting games or DC in general.
  67. May 19, 2017
    Netherealm and Warner Brothers bring's us a sequel to Injustice gods among us, Injustice 2; Does this fighting game compete as a number one contender or a chump? let's find out.

Injustice 2 takes place after the events of One still feeling the effects of Superman turning evil after the joker got to him, but this time it seems that Gorilla Grodd and Brainiac are behind the evil plans this time. Batman and the rest of the Justice League (minus Superman) team up together to take down Brainiac as he attempts to destroy the world. During the duration of the story, we see new characters come in to play like SuperGirl, Cyborg, Harley Quinn and so much more. Progressing through some of the heroes we see become overturned or brainwashed if you will and join Brainiac in his mission to destroy Earth just like he did Crypton. Sometimes in the story line, you will have a choice of two heroes you want to fight as it's only at the end though that it makes a difference of the storyline if you choose to play as Batman or Superman. The ending is a bit different than most fighting games because we see the team divide a little bit, in the end, depending what happens to Brainiac while Batman is about bringing him to justice, Superman wants him dead.

The gameplay is just like the previous one and Mortal Kombat now that is good and bad at the same time. Some of the heroes fight flat on the ground while others float in the air which well can be somewhat annoying, I get it you can fly do not really need to emphasize on it. The fighting in this game is not the greatest either the moves list is a bit lackluster when it comes to variety, and one thing that really grinds my gears about this game is I do no like having to enter the entire button combination before it will actually do the special move I just wish it could be more react quicker when I do the combo move like in Tekken or Dead or Alive.

Injustice 2 is a great game, however missing some of my favorite characters DC universe, the story was short, but gave you the opportunity to play as everyone it was short and sweet. The customization in this game is deeper than any other fighting game I have played in my life and it is something I can appreciate and hope to see more of. This is your normal fighting game with a story, Arcade, Online, and Multiverse mode. I hope there is a third one with a bit more characters, better and more responsive combos.

Injustice 2: 7/10
    Good Job Netherealm and Warner Brothers
    Reviewed by ICE at Gamers of the Round Table
  68. Sep 26, 2017
    This game suffers same problems as other NRs games.
    Main issue is the blocking-system, with moving back being same as block.
    If your facing an enemy that uses projectiles, you want to move in on him - not move back. As he Shots projectiles - you wanna just block in that position. Close to impossible in this game, as blocking now is same move backward, turning the whole thing into a
    This game suffers same problems as other NRs games.
    Main issue is the blocking-system, with moving back being same as block.
    Shots projectiles - you wanna just block in that position. Close to impossible in this game, as blocking now is same move backward, turning the whole thing into a spam-projectiles and use 1-2 counterattacks when your moving in and can not protect yourself. This ruins the game experience for me.
    Also, the game is complelty unbalanced. You are at a great disadvantage against certain characters depending on who you play. It should be balanced each guy against eachother and it totally is not.
    Because neather realms prefers to just throw a lots and lots of moves in to the game and not think about balancing. MKX has same problems but at least it has a decent block system. The game is also very stiff and counter-intuitive. Kicks and punches that should land just dont cause of the unnatural low reach-level of everyone in the game. This is much tighter in MKX, where you can feel that punches that should land also do land.
    This game also suffers from the annoying 30%-hits if you press l2+r2, which I never liked, just like in MKX.
    And you still cant configure to turn anything on/off. I would disable this thing and also projectiles should only do damage if they land, 0% if they dont. Maybe even penalize if your spamming projectiles to much. To discourage projectile spammers.
    Injustice 2 is really just a reskin of MKX, with less tight gameplay and a poorer blocking system. Dont buy this, get MKX or something else not from neather realms.
  69. May 17, 2017
    Beautiful backgrounds... Amazing character design... Solid game play! I am loving this game... The first game was great but this is better in every way possible!
  70. Sep 8, 2018
    After I had tried to get into Prey and it just wasn’t doing anything for me, I moved on and decided to finally sit down and play through the story of Injustice. I had played quite a bit online but I never took the time to sit down and play through the story of the game. I really enjoyed the story, it is a continuation of the first Injustice’s story. I really enjoy the story, I do wish theAfter I had tried to get into Prey and it just wasn’t doing anything for me, I moved on and decided to finally sit down and play through the story of Injustice. I had played quite a bit online but I never took the time to sit down and play through the story of the game. I really enjoyed the story, it is a continuation of the first Injustice’s story. I really enjoy the story, I do wish the story of the game would be longer but it’s a fighting game so you can’t expect too much from the story mode.

Whether you like the gameplay or not, this game needs to be the blueprint for all future fighting games. There needs to be content, when I think about everything in the game, there is so much I can do. I can go online, there is a well-written story, there is a tower system where you can fight AI, you can play locally.

My favorite part of the entire game is the gear system where you can customize your favorite characters. You get the gear from playing the game, not to mention you also get loot boxes for playing the game. The game gives you so many loot boxes, it’s almost too much. Yes, you can pay real money for loot boxes but honestly, I don’t know why anyone would do that. Just play the game, you get gear, you get loot boxes and you can level your characters.

In this day and age, the most important aspect of a multiplayer game is the net code. The netcode can make or break a game and for Injustice 2, the Netcode is near flawless. I have rarely had any laggy matches and there doesn’t appear to be any major input lag online.

All in all, whether you’re into fighting games or not. This is a game that I highly recommend.
  71. May 28, 2017
    Great game , best fighting game ive played for a while . Content is usually my issue with fighting games , not here tho theres plenty to play offline and online . Great graphics , sound , animations . Really impressed and recommend to anyone who likes fighting games . Even if youve not played a fighting game since old tekkens and street fighters id still recommend , alot of characters areGreat game , best fighting game ive played for a while . Content is usually my issue with fighting games , not here tho theres plenty to play offline and online . Great graphics , sound , animations . Really impressed and recommend to anyone who likes fighting games . Even if youve not played a fighting game since old tekkens and street fighters id still recommend , alot of characters are easy to get the hang of and youll be executing combos in no time Expand
  72. May 16, 2017
    Is a nice game and I enjoy playing it. I was waiting it a lot and because of it I have an aspect that I really don´t like about: the story mode. I think that the story is not as good as we expected. Is short (like the previous game and MK) and some characters (like Doctor Fate and Robin) are extremely misused.
  73. May 20, 2017
    Good fighting game, good gear system. But a simple story

Cmon DC its Injustice its one of your best stories and that's how you finish it? Dude.
    If the story was a little better, it could be a perfect game. Other than that, things like graphics, fighting system are great, this game is worth the money you spend
  74. Aug 18, 2017
    A good fighting game but definitely overrated. The gameplay isn't good at all. The story is mediocre and the graphics are nice but a bit weird at the same time
  75. May 18, 2020
    So this game looks amazing. My big problem is the microtransactions.. The amount you have to grind to get cool gear is just bs. They want you to pay for them... Im never buying another Injustice game again.. This needs to stop...
  76. Feb 1, 2018
    GOOD GRAPHICS AND GOOD CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheap dlcs the best game everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  77. Sep 5, 2018
    Injustice 2 is THE best fighting game ever made; in terms of story, gameplay, graphics, and characters.
  78. Nov 14, 2020
    Worst fighting game ever made. People who give this game high scores are whst is wrong with the industry. The game is trash in everyway but you have all the fan boy$ loving mictotransactions coming out the a$$
  79. Jun 6, 2017
    Actually gave the game a 9 or 10, but i have to revisit my rating because the online is unplayable. That NRS removed the region lock from MKX is the biggest mistake EVER they made. I have 80% of the time connections to people living on the other site of the world or something. There is no match with lower ping than 200ms and MASSIVE lag spikes in every game where the game goes slowmo. TheActually gave the game a 9 or 10, but i have to revisit my rating because the online is unplayable. That NRS removed the region lock from MKX is the biggest mistake EVER they made. I have 80% of the time connections to people living on the other site of the world or something. There is no match with lower ping than 200ms and MASSIVE lag spikes in every game where the game goes slowmo. The ranked system is flawed, it shows the ping of like 149ms and then i can not decline because it seems to be ok for the game somehow. Then in the match, ping is nothing less than 200ms all the time... it is unplayable, no fun at all. 10% of all ranked games i have someone with like normal 50ms ping and no spikes... thats it. Such game without region lock is HORRIBLE, thats why PC MKX was bad after they patched it, because it also had no regon lock... and fighting games are after the first 2 weeks just online play, and here i can not play at all, it sucks man. Singleplayer is good tho. thats about it.
    And btw. no it is not because of my connection, EVERY OTHER GAME runs just fine with my usual ping of like 20-50ms.

TL;DR NETCODE/CONNECTION TO OTHER PLAYERS/ NO REGION LOCK/ BAD PINGS/ BAD CONNECTIONS / 200ms etc.
  80. Dec 20, 2019
    Injustice 2 is a great addition to its genre. While it is not the first fighter to introduce a gear system, it does it in a great way by allowing players to use it to their advantage offline, then giving the choice of playing with or without sets online. The roster has some marvelous additions and the developers deserve credit for continuing to support and balance the game post launch. IfInjustice 2 is a great addition to its genre. While it is not the first fighter to introduce a gear system, it does it in a great way by allowing players to use it to their advantage offline, then giving the choice of playing with or without sets online. The roster has some marvelous additions and the developers deserve credit for continuing to support and balance the game post launch. If you enjoy DC Comics, or fighters, you need to add this title to your collection. Expand
  81. Jun 15, 2017
    I Rarely give the perfect score but Injustice 2 is an amazing Game with a Great Roster,Great Graphic Responsive gameplay. And Absolute Blast of a story for a Fighter probably the best there is. And as for the customization i never thought it would work in a Fighter well i was wrong and the amount of customization is impressive. I know this would probably never happens but to me as ofI Rarely give the perfect score but Injustice 2 is an amazing Game with a Great Roster,Great Graphic Responsive gameplay. And Absolute Blast of a story for a Fighter probably the best there is. And as for the customization i never thought it would work in a Fighter well i was wrong and the amount of customization is impressive. I know this would probably never happens but to me as of right now Injustice 2 is GOTY also the game doesn't give you the ability to buy Loot Boxes which in many cases today are annoying but i found that Injustice 2 Give you so many way to get them easily that's it ain't annoying or very little. The Game is enjoyable for both Veteran and Beginner in Fighter games i consider myself as a mid class fighter not Bad but not Pro and i enjoy playing online on some occasion. i can't stop coming back and that to me is a sing of a Great Game. I am even thinking of Buying the DLC's just to show my support and i am not the kind to buy DLC's If you liked Injustice 1 there is no way Injustice 2 won't entertain you i would also say the same for MK fan. This is a wonderful game for DC Fan and Fighter Fan. Expand
  82. Jun 20, 2017
    Pretty decent fighting game. I never played the first Injustice, so I can't really compare the two, but it does hold its own against the likes of MKX, and far surpasses Tekken 7.
    Visually it's a very appealing game with great characters and locations, the arena transitions are also great, though can get old after seeing them numerous times.
    The gameplay is superb as well. The controls
    The gameplay is superb as well. The controls don't lag behind as much as some other games. My only gripe would be the input reading by the AI is extremely noticeable and can get rather frustrating after you've been winning for a while and the AI decides to make it more difficult.
    The Multiverse, which changes every few hours/days, keeps me coming back for more, wanting to get gear for my characters, which end up looking rather badass once you equip them.
    I would definitely recommend this game to any fan of the fighting genre, or those looking to delve into it.
  83. Sep 27, 2018
    I don't understand why this game got high score from reviewers. Sure the graphic looks great, many characters to play and story cinematic looks amazing but the combat itself is not good at all. I am veteran in fighting games, my favorite one is SFV, I would say Injustice 2 fail miserably in this area, and it is critical area. In short, Combat mechanic is very difficult to play. Instead ofI don't understand why this game got high score from reviewers. Sure the graphic looks great, many characters to play and story cinematic looks amazing but the combat itself is not good at all. I am veteran in fighting games, my favorite one is SFV, I would say Injustice 2 fail miserably in this area, and it is critical area. In short, Combat mechanic is very difficult to play. Instead of creating combo by yourself, you need to look at the list the devs provide, and you have to memorize and do just that. There are many combos for one character, but in the end, people will just spam 2-3 combo they are used to. If you try to mix and match by yourself, let say spam some button, your character will just pause itself. It was a bad design and if you look at the competitive esports, Injustice 2 is dying.

Story is also not good. It is just a script that allows characters to fight each others. Many scenes are irrational. (stupid I would say). I only played for the sake of finishing it, that's all.

In brief, Injustice 2 is only good for fans of superheroes. It has great animation but bad gameplay. If you are looking for a solid fighting game, I would recommend SFV, Tekken, Mortal Combat, or Dragon ball Z. Those games have stronger foundation. Injustice is only for those who just want to play as Batman or Superman and get through hero's story. Also, It is not suitable for casual or kids, because game mechanic requires you to remember combo, you can't button mash. You can't just grab controller and ready to go. The button sequence also has to be put in fast and in correct manner only.

It is sad because the graphic looks so well, but gameplay and story are more important than graphic. I deduct 4 points from gameplay alone, 1 point from story so the final score is 5/10. Gameplay needs overhaul seriously. Don't buy this game for kids. It is not designed for kids, both gameplay and story.
  84. Jul 18, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the first fighting game I have ever owned so there won't be so many comparisons to mortal kombat or injustice 1.

So I'm going to break down this game into small bits so lets begin with the story.

STORY: Superman is locked up for killing people and his team members are trying break him out. Then this crazy dude in a spaceship (Brainic) wants to collect data by killing people and **** Well not really but it's pretty close to what happens. Batman lets superman out of his cage and they team up to take down the big baddie. Then the game gives you two options once you take down Brainic. Superman or Batman? If you choose Batman he locks superman up again, the end. If you choose Superman he makes batman his slave through mind control, the end. Now honestly story wasn't bad, but it was filled with useless characters. That was there to be your punching bag, I'm serious. People came out of nowhere and began to fight you without adding anything to the story. So the story is the weakest part. Now let's talk about the gameplay.

GAMEPLAY: It plays like any traditional fighting game with a twist, there's this system to wear you can put gear on your character and **** it's addictive as all hell. I could spend hours collecting gear making my character more and more powerful and changing their looks. The gear system can either make or break the game because some of the gear can make your character very powerful, giving an unfair advantage. Gear is unlocked through mother boxes and you get them for a random character, which is annoying because that includes the characters you don't use and will never use. The mother boxes are NOT MICRO-TRANSACTIONS but instead you earn them often and can buy them with in-game currency (which is not purchasable). This system adds to the gameplay, nerfing your character each time you play. Now the combat is fun, really fun. There are your basic characters (blue beetle, batman, superman, etc) where it's easy to learn combos and get into the game. The combat feels smooth and doesn't stutter a bit. There are parts where the hit box is off (aquaman's move where an octopus grabs your from the ground) but when the game works, it works well. It flows nicely as you're beating the crap out of your opponent or they're beating the crap out of you. There are some characters that you can spam with and it can get irritating of you're using a character that can't teleport and slide. Even then you need to be fast or else they can knock you out of the teleporting animation or slide animation. Now then, the game modes are next.

GAME MODES: There are many game modes in Injustice 2 but I want to focus on the multiverse events, king of the hill, and traditional one on one pvp matches. The multiverse is where you can grind out for gear and mother boxes. There are different planets and each planet has their own gear for a character and most of the time, mother boxes. What bothers me is that the difficulty doesn't affect the amount of xp you get at the end of the match. King of The Hill is a fun little mode where people have to overthrow then take their place. Pretty much if the king wins a match they get to keep their thorne but if a player wins then they take their place. There's a waiting line to fight the king so you may want to spend your time in practice mode. You can bet on the king or players fighting the king but you don't get much from it but you don't lose anything if you do. Now then, the classic PVP, it's about what you expect. Now the gear system buffs your character but it can be disable if you and the other person turns on competitive mode which makes everything balanced.

THE BUSINESS MODEL OF THE GAME: I'm not too shocked because Warner Bros has done this with previous games but it still remains here. You can spend $40 dollars to unlock almost everything (besides Darkseid which is an extra $6). It's a bit scummy to do this to players but they're still buying into it so what's stopping the company from stopping?

OVERALL: Besides the business model, I give this a solid 8/10, it's friendly for newcomers like me and there's a whole lot of replay value. The gameplay is solid and there's plenty of characters to chose from. So go out and try this one out.
  85. Dec 23, 2017
    Injustice 2 is another great fighter from NetherRealm Studios. In terms of the base game, I'd say that it slightly edges out its predecessor.

I'm personally not a huge fan of fighting games, but Injustice 2 does a great job of making each character accessible and fun to use, though there will be some you're better at than others. Thankfully, the new gear system allows you to balance out that character's faults and make the character your own. I must say I enjoy that side of the game much more than I expected as someone that's normally not into gear or upgrading characters.

The story was great, perhaps even better than the first Injustice, but I really do wish they'd make it slightly longer. I'm definitely in the minority on this, but the story's the part I was looking forward to most following the first game. That being said, it's really fun while it lasts!

My main gripe with the game was the leveling up system, especially with how long it takes to level up. It almost seems like the game wants to restrict you to one character. Once you get to Level 20 on one character (which takes forever, unless you have a ton of time on your hands), all of the other characters will feel incredibly weak by comparison. If they made the leveling up system a little faster, I would have almost no problems with the game. The stages, acting, graphics, and presentation are all fantastic.

If you enjoyed the first Injustice game, you should absolutely pick this up. I don't know if I can recommend it to anyone else other than fighting game or DC fans, but if you're thinking about it, you should definitely give it a chance. However, this is definitely the last time I buy a complete edition before the game releases because the DLC is utter garbage.
  86. May 15, 2018
    Although the story was a lot more boring and poorly written than the last game, the game-play is just significantly better. I actually got a lot more play time because I was completely invested in the fighting. Fun multiplayer and decent RPG type mechanics.
  87. Jun 20, 2017
    Injustice 2 is defenetly in the top 5 best fighting videogames of al times. The amount of content you have is incredible. Netherrealm is the only company that has figthing games with really Good stories. Credit were credit is due.
  88. Nov 21, 2017
    Game is 10/10 Why you may ask?
    is it the graphics? The gear? The story? The super moves? The ability to cancel combos?
    Nope non of those throw that in the garbage
    The reason it's 10/10 is you can be Batman kicking the **** out of a huge DC roster...
    Okay seriously
    Its a great game actually has a branching story, great character selection, Great modes multiverse is amazing
  89. Jul 9, 2017
    This is incredibly the best fighting game ever made for this year, although the story is confusing and crazy. They added what was good or what was not good in the first game and improved and that includes the online system and its new proposals.

Graphs-10/10
    Soundtrack-9.0 / 10
    History-8.0 / 10
    Gameplay-9.0 / 10

Best fighting game 2017 -9.5/10-
  90. Jun 16, 2017
    The best fighting game I've played, between mk X, SF V, IV this is definitely the best approach for a fighting game that I ever experienced. You can play as single player and still be challenged with a great progression system that makes you want to master fighters.
  91. Jun 19, 2017
    Injustice 2 is frighteningly good. This fighter, pits good and bad, well known and more obscure DC Comics franchise characters against one another in a technically amazing game.

Following the same winning formula single player campaign story style which proved popular in Injustice: Gods Among Us, the campaign mode will ease you into the combat and let you get to grips with each character slowly, rotating players and play styles as you progress, all seamlessly accompanied by gritty and stylish cinematics which will keep you on the edge of your seat.

The story mode plays out like a movie with a bunch of playable combat thrown in for fun. It’s an engaging story that drags all the characters in to it, giving you a chance to play as most of them as you progress. The lip sync to character models is not perfect during the cut scenes but it is one of the very few flaws, so we will let it slide.

The beloved Injustice level interactions are back and as glorious as we remembered. The musical score is awesome. A good old epic movie soundtrack with highs and lows throughout keeping in line with the level designs.

Gameplay is as awesome as it was in the first game. Combos can be strung together by chance with some frantic button mashing, but mastering them is a challenge which will see you practicing endlessly.

The normal modes one has come to expect in the fighting game genre are all present, with campaign, arcade and online modes, but adding to this is a new ‘Multiverse’ mode. Based loosely on the Mortal Kombat Living Towers formula, this online mode sets up various of random events within matches to really test your skills – for example, static bombs are fired at you from the sky as you battle your way through 5 opponents, or you must defeat enemies whilst your health bar automatically decreases. These random event matches, once beaten, will serve up delightful rewards and big xp boosts, as well as providing an excellent way of rethinking how you play the game.

The character roster is impressive, with 27 playable characters out of the box, 28 if you pre-ordered (Darkseid) and one DLC character available at launch for the rather pricey £4.99 (Brainiac). Fan favourites fuch as Batman, Superman, The Joker and Harley Quinn are all present, as well as the likes of Doctor Fate, Blue Beetle, Firestorm and Gorilla Grodd. Following the success of Scorpion from Mortal Kombats inclusion in Injustice Gods Among Us, Injustice 2 will see Sub-Zero added at a later date, along with the likes of Starfire, Grid, Red Hood and Power Girl, all through downloadable content.

Certain characters from the original have been dropped, such as Doomsday, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor and Solomon Grundy, but the present lineup will keep the most avid of DC fans happy for a long time.

There is an utterly incomprehensible amount of content in this gem of a game, for example, we noticed in single player mode, each character, when pitted against any other specific character would rarely repeat the same voice line – each individual opening gambit seemingly specific for that particular character match up. We decided to see just how many of these there were and had to give up after just one character. Take Batman for example (the character we chose for this test). He seemingly has an average of 8 specific opening bits of dialogue per character, i.e. if you pick Batman and you select Flash as your opponent, 1 of 8 different bits of dialogue will play, each unique for Batman Vs Flash. Now, to briefly summarise what this means – each interaction lasts 12 seconds. 12 seconds x 8 different introductions for this match up equate to 1 minute 36 seconds of unique dialogue for this one character match up. Not all characters have 8 sets of dialogue, some have 7, some have 13, but in total, against all characters, including Batman Vs Batman, Batman Vs Brainiac and Batman Vs Darkseid, Batman has a whopping 237 unique intros. To put that in to context, that is 47 and a half minutes of intro footage just of Batman. Include the other 28 characters and their respective matches and we estimate around 23 hours of unique intro footage alone, bonkers, right?

You don’t need to be a DC comic book fan to appreciate Injustice 2, the graphics, the fluidity of the animations, the story, the stage interactions, the technical fighting mechanics and the overall depth should be enough to tempt you in. We love it and give it our seal of approval. This is a game that we will talk about for a very, very long time.
  92. Jun 14, 2017
    Gráficamente es impresionante, tienen muy bien pulido ese apartado, pero la jugabilidad queda a deber al tener movimientos rígidos y combinaciones simples.
  93. Jan 15, 2018
    Completion: 100% story mode. Dabbled with multiverse.

Pros: - Best story mode in a fighting game bar none. Great experience with solid narrative and exception cinematics. - Gear is fun and extremely varied in appearance and function. - Some of the best facial animation in the business - Fun battle system that is easy to pick up - although it does feel a bit limited after awhile -
    Completion: 100% story mode. Dabbled with multiverse.

Pros:
    - Gear is fun and extremely varied in appearance and function.
    - Some of the best facial animation in the business
    - Flashy super moves, backgrounds, and animations are great for the flow of combat

Cons:
    - Some characters look ugly and not what you would expect based on other depictions of them
    - Really not a lot to hook you after the relatively short story mode is over. While gear is fun to play around with, unless you plan on playing the game competitively (which I don't), there is not much else to do. Multiverse gets boring since there is no particular goal or end in sight.
    - Relatively simple compared to many other games in the genre
    - DLC characters in fighting games can really hurt the community - I don't want to pay more for extra characters than the actual game itself
    - Loading times are overly long
    - Projectile spam is a relatively big problem in this game

Final Word:
    - Great experience that may be a bit skimpy for the price if you are a casual player - especially considering the high price of the DLC characters.

True Score:
    8.3
  94. Jul 7, 2017
    Injustice 2 is incredibly fun.
    I really enjoyed the first injustice, I know it's flawed but I thought it was a really solid fighting game, so I was worried about injustice 2, since I thought it didn't need a sequel, but to my surprise, injustice 2 improves on every aspect from the first one.
    Injustice 2 is incredibly fun.

The story feels shorter than the first one but it's a lot better, the characters develop throughout the story, a lot of the antagonists are really sympathetic and it does explain some of the actions they did in the first game. And with great characters comes a great conflict, especially the last 30 minutes, the only problem I have with the story is that it's barely 5 hours, but other than that it was a blast.

The gameplay and graphics both improved from the first game, even if I liked the first injustice, even I can admit that the graphics weren't good at all but in injustice 2, the facial animations feel realistic, the environmental animations are great and the characters design are literally incredible.
    The gameplay is basically like the first injustice but with little subtle improvements which makes great fun, it's all about the timing of your attacks and the speed of your reflexes, the 28 different characters make the matches feel different and the gear mode can give a different fighting style to your favourite character, there is so much to like here.

Buy it now, this game surprised me in so many ways, it might be my favorite fighting game ever, even if it the story is short, there is so much content to this game that it is really worth the asking price, you won't be disappointed.
  95. Oct 1, 2017
    In my mind, Injustice 2 is the best fight game of 2017 and the best super hero(DC) fight games ever. Warner Bros made an excellent job on this game, It has nice graphics, a part 2 to Injustice 1 story, clean fight gameplay and this game is nostalgic, because you can play with your favorite heroes of DC Universe !
  96. Jun 17, 2017
    I really want to try to keep it crisp, so here we go: Injustice 2 is, as expected, another amazing fighting game. If you even remotely like fighting games and can live with super heroes slugging it out, give the game a try.

The amount of content out of the box is amazing, you have so many different game modes, both single- and multiplayer, that this game will keep you entertained for weeks and weeks to come.

The story mode is also pretty good, much more than you would expect from a fighting game. Definitely worth giving it a try and worth of your time.

"Only" 8/10 though for two reasons: I'm not a big fan of "gearing" and "leveling" up fighters, and of decorative items having gear stats. Thankfully, this can be completely turned off using "competitive mode" if you wish so. The other reason is, like with MKX, the amount of DLC and micro transactions this game offers. Don't get me wrong, you get an amazing amount of content even without the Season Pass or Ultimate Pack, but it always leaves a sour taste with me that you have to pay 40 bucks extra just to get all content.

TL;DR: I can only recommend Injustice 2. Even if you're not a big fan of super heroes, Injustice 2 is an amazing fighting game with lots of content to keep you entertained.
  97. Jan 26, 2019
    Файтинг и в подметки не годится МКХ. Очень раздражает отсутствие кнопки блока. Хорошая графика, приятная анимация, но чтобы получать удовольствие нужно быть отмороженным фанатом DC.
  98. Jun 15, 2017
    Best fighting game of the year. Ton of single player content, great story multiple story paths and great customization options. Hours and hours worth of gameplay.
  99. Aug 31, 2017
    Injustice 2 is the best fighting game that I've played in quite some time. It has a fun learning curve and a great roster of (fan favourite) characters - albeit missing a few. The main problems I have with it, albeit a minor issue, is that it is another fighting game with (overpriced) DLC characters and micro transactions.

The saving grace is that the roster is so large to begin with

The saving grace is that the roster is so large to begin with that I have never felt the need to buy any of the DLC characters (as much as I'd love to make Starfire my main), and that the game is actually quite generous with its currency (apart from the one currency for unlocking alternate skins/colours - WHY HAVE 3 currencies?!?).

Best "fandom" fighting game since Dragonball Z: Budokai 3 or JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle.
  100. Jun 3, 2017
    If you are a fan of fighting games, a fan of the Mortal Kombat-style gameplay, or a fan of DC comics, Injustice 2 will scratch your itch. There is so much on offer that taking a top-down view of the game is a bit intimidating. The controls are spot on, building on the legacy of both the modern-era Mortal Kombat games and the previous Injustice. The graphics are incredible, both duringIf you are a fan of fighting games, a fan of the Mortal Kombat-style gameplay, or a fan of DC comics, Injustice 2 will scratch your itch. There is so much on offer that taking a top-down view of the game is a bit intimidating. The controls are spot on, building on the legacy of both the modern-era Mortal Kombat games and the previous Injustice. The graphics are incredible, both during gameplay and during story cutscenes.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 90 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 19, 2017
    What a rush to be able to play a sequel that exceeds its predecessor in almost every way. Injustice 2 is in terms of looks, gameplay and the amount of (interesting) characters leaps ahead of the previous installment without losing its accessability. And then there's the loot... my god, THE LOOT. The current system might not (yet) be perfectly balanced, but it is definitely the ultimate addition to a fighter filled with super heroes. The loot fighter: finally it has returned.
  2. Aug 21, 2017
    Some players (like me) who aren’t fans of online competition may question whether Injustice 2 is worth a full price purchase, but there’s a lot more content in this package than in the average fighting game, for DC fans and fighting game fans alike. Highly recommended!
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 24, 2017
    Excellent game and must-have for any fan of this genre. Sophisticated gaming mechanisms are complemented by a good campaign and an addictive Multiverse. [Issue#274]