6.0

1. Sep 30, 2018
    Life is Strange 2 - it's agitation with undisguised hatred of white Americans and Republicans in particular. DONTNOD absolutely clumsily raises controversial issues and does not analyze them at all. Here everything is divided into black and white, with the drama built mediocre. The main character, who must show the severity of life of Mexicans, is in fact extremely stupid, and he himselfLife is Strange 2 - it's agitation with undisguised hatred of white Americans and Republicans in particular. DONTNOD absolutely clumsily raises controversial issues and does not analyze them at all. Here everything is divided into black and white, with the drama built mediocre. The main character, who must show the severity of life of Mexicans, is in fact extremely stupid, and he himself creates situations that give rise to stereotypes. All policemen are villains, honest hard workers are villains. Behind all this policy lies an extremely mediocre game, incapable of adult reasoning. Is racism bad? Absolutly! But why do you say this directly without concomitant analysis? This is kindergarten...DONTNOD clearly considers his fans idiots. Expand
  2. Oct 20, 2018
    Feels more like a far-left ideological propaganda piece than a game. I'm not averse to political themes as long as the developers let the players make up their own minds. This game does no such thing. It is written with the sole purpose of indoctrinating people to left wing causes, rather than provide opportunities for players to think critically and independently. Now we know where theFeels more like a far-left ideological propaganda piece than a game. I'm not averse to political themes as long as the developers let the players make up their own minds. This game does no such thing. It is written with the sole purpose of indoctrinating people to left wing causes, rather than provide opportunities for players to think critically and independently. Now we know where the NPC meme came from, because no independent thinking person could play this game without having his or her intelligence insulted. Expand
  3. Sep 28, 2018
    I was moderately intrigued by the characters at the beginning, then the story had some fairly pointless/tedious sections that almost made me yawn. No real interesting choices or heart wrenching moments so far but is expected as its the first episode. But overall the episode was fairly mediocre and i really hope the devs up their game for the rest of the game.
  4. Oct 26, 2018
    Первая часть лучше, саундтрек просидает, количество персонажей с за содействием намного меньше, нет таинственности, контраст персонажей намного меньше, в первой части девушки с оружием, матюками и перемотки времени, здесь два брата , без ничего, просто ходят,озвучка ужасная, но графон во 2 части получше, анимация немного лучше и всё.Первая часть лучше, саундтрек просидает, количество персонажей с за содействием намного меньше, нет таинственности, контраст персонажей намного меньше, в первой части девушки с оружием, матюками и перемотки времени, здесь два брата , без ничего, просто ходят,озвучка ужасная, но графон во 2 части получше, анимация немного лучше и всё.
  5. Jan 28, 2019
    This is the propaganda pieace of sh@t, Tha whole game in few words:
    Trump is a bad guy
    mexicans are cool guys
    White peoples are mess
    GoGoGO
  6. Jun 14, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sych a stupid way for the dad to die,they could find something more logical Expand
  7. Oct 14, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The writing is so bad and uninspiring on the current climate in America, it could be considered satire.

Bad white cop kills angelic mexican father protecting both sons. Sons go on the run and find a store. Store is run by a bad racist drumpfh supporter who accuses the main character of stealing. "You're the reason we need to build that wall." Is an actual line said. Hero white blogger that protests saves the day. That's episode 1 in a nutshell. This makes Life is Strange 1 look like a masterpiece.

That being said, the money management and music, and puppy we're the only good things about this episode.
  8. Nov 22, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm seriously disappointed, but just to be fair i'm going to list pros as well first.

Pros:
    -Graphics are awesome, fits the game really well.
    -Music is good as well.
    -The world overall is better than it was in the first game.

Cons (going to talk about all of them below in more detail)
    -Weak Story
    -The character we play is not the main character of the story.
    -No controllable special ability for the players.
    -None of the characters were interesting or likeable or relatable , because nothing in the story is
    interesting or likeable or relatable. The character we play is the worst. There are choices that made without the player, and he makes the most irrealistic, stupid choices ever. By the end of the story he will either get himself killed or goes to jail. His decision making is worse than Chloes, which is not an easy task but the writers managed to do it. But at least Chloe was a likeable rebelling teenager. Sean is just stupid.

So... Why is the story weak? For multiple reasons. First of all, its forced on us, and the first major decision made it very obvious that all the choice in this game are going to be illusions of choice.

Examples:
    -Dad gets shot no matter what you choose.
    -There is no option to stay or run away, its forced on us to run away.
    -Our character gets kidnapped no matter what we choose. There we don't even have a choice to explain properly that we didn't stole anything, the only choice we have is to try to go away as soon as possible which makes our character look bad.

There is one thing in common with these choices: Racism. Racism thats also forced into the story and makes it much worse than it would've been originally. Its like rewriting the first Life is Strange where everyone around Max and Chloe are sexist and we have to listen to sexist remarks through 5 episodes.
    The dad gets shot because the cop is a scared racist, the kids got bullied on multiple occasion in the episode because everyone apparently are racist in this story, Sean gets kidnapped because the old man is a racist...

So, there comes the second and the third con together. Our character is not the main character of the story (which already made it worse), its Daniel. Daniel, who also got the special ability. A special abiltiy that the player can't control like we did it with Max, which made awesome puzzles for the game possible. Our character is just a side character who is there to help Daniel get through his story. We can only control Daniel's power through cutscenes where our side character make the main character calm down.

The first game brought up these things: Corruption, drog abuse, psycho teacher, friendship, time travel, choices that were meaningful enough to save a person's life in the story.

The second game bring up this thing: Racism. That's it. All the things thats happening to our side character is because of racism. The bully kid was racist, that's why we knocked him out, the cop was racist thats why he was afraid of two mexican kids and that's why he shot the father for no good reason.We had to run away because all the other cops who arrived are assumably racist as well and we would've been accused of killing the cop (which is not wrong by the way, just not the way they think). The old man at the gas station is racist thats why we get tied up even if we don't steal anything,

They just proved with this game that not continuing the story of Max and Chloe was a mistake. Majority of the people cared about them and we don't care about Daniel and Sean, and no, its not going to change if the first episode couldn't change our mind, because most of us are most likely not even going to buy the second episode. This game should be cancelled and make a game about the story of Max and Chloe as i said above.
  9. Oct 18, 2018
    This is a terrible follow-up to Life is Strange, Before the Storm and even Captain Spirit.

Basically nothing that made people fall in love with the previous games is left here. This is an empty shell that clearly has the name "Life is Strange" attached to it to make people pick something up they would not have bought otherwise. Instead of a great, engaging and lovingly told story you

Instead of a great, engaging and lovingly told story you are bombarded with political messages all the time (which I agree with, but that is not the point). Where Life is Strange drew it strength from subtlety to make you think this here offers nothing in comparison - you get told what is correct.

Apart from the politics the characters are weak, the voice acting is sub par and not even the music can compare to the first season - it is a shame when a previous title in the series completely destroys the facial animations and lip sync in this one.

The plot is you wandering around with your brother (not really a spoiler since that happens after 20 minutes) with forced interactions and "on the nose" tests on morality. I find it hard to believe that this is actually the same team that created Life is Strange - the story quality in this one is so far below the first one that it hurts. This is enforced by that not only the whole triggering event but also almost every single decision taken by the characters is stupid beyond belief and can´t be explained just by their age.

Speaking of decisions, none here matter at all - I can live with narratives not branching wildly. But when I have the option to walk away from a fight and I choose to just leading to me being insulted again and then starting the fight away its just lazy. This is basically true for every major decision offered - there is not even a slight variation.

I would have not expected Dontnod to fail so hard.
  10. Nov 14, 2018
    The writing has gotten so much worse than the first series of episodes which is saying a lot as the characters in the original were bland character cutouts, the world feels unrealistic and fake like its trying to hard to push ideas that do not reflect in real life, the whole thing feels uninspired and other games have done the themes better
  11. Sep 28, 2018
    Es una panfletada política insoportable, un lavado de cerebro importante por parte de los sobrevalorados Dontnod que solo disfrutaran los llorones de Tuiter. Ni siquiera merece la pena perder el tiempo con porquerías toxicas como esta, le doy un 1 por que me siento generoso. Es el mes de Forza, Assassin's y Red Dead, no deis dinero a juegos tóxicos.
  12. Sep 27, 2018
    EPISODE 1:
    EPISODE 1:
    the episode escalated really quick i know that that is the point of the story but still it felt to quick i didnt get that attached to the characters that much because the story just started kinda weak i kinda dig the whole brothers trying to survive gig also this game has a new special power it introduces but i wont spoil it plus you meet someone that is in my opinion one of the most nicest guys i ever met in a video game and you will find out why
    IN CONCLUSION - the episode escalated things to quick but the chill mood kinda sucked you slowly back into the universe of life is strange i give this episode a 7.5 out of ten
  13. Oct 6, 2018
    On est encore loin d'un chef d'œuvre mais en comparaison au premier Life is Strange il faut reconnaitre qu'on est un niveau au dessus.

Sur le papier, le thème me donnait moyennement envie mais ils ont suffisamment bien géré l'écriture pour que je reste accroché jusqu'à la fin. C'est pas mal raconter, il y a de bonnes idées, des personnages intéressants. On sent un fort potentiel

C'est pas mal raconter, il y a de bonnes idées, des personnages intéressants. On sent un fort potentiel émotionnel, à voir ce qu'ils en font mais ça annonce de belles choses pour la suite.
  14. Sep 28, 2018
    The Life is Strange 2 premiere episode is an amazing introduction and makes you care about the characters from the beginning. Getting to know the character, Sean Diaz, and his immediate family is very vital for the story that is being told and Dontnod succeeds in this way. The story kicks off almost right away in a dramatic and very memorable way and then slows down from there. This isn'tThe Life is Strange 2 premiere episode is an amazing introduction and makes you care about the characters from the beginning. Getting to know the character, Sean Diaz, and his immediate family is very vital for the story that is being told and Dontnod succeeds in this way. The story kicks off almost right away in a dramatic and very memorable way and then slows down from there. This isn't a bad thing however because it allows you to form a relationship with your brother for the episodes 2hr 30min length. By the time the episode ends you truly feel like you have begun a journey and I cannot wait to see where it goes from here. The engine itself has also been upgraded since the original game. The gameplay is smooth and the animation work is better in every way. Overall, I am very impressed with this first episode and I am very much looking forward to the second episode! Expand
  15. Sep 29, 2018
    It's hard to write a review about this game without spoilers, but here goes. While the first episode seems shorter than lis 1's first episode, that's only because it's way more fluid in it's narrative. (You won't waste hours looking at the same pointless Rachel poster.) The game does dive into the political side of America, the ugly side, and it does it well. Let's be honest. We play theIt's hard to write a review about this game without spoilers, but here goes. While the first episode seems shorter than lis 1's first episode, that's only because it's way more fluid in it's narrative. (You won't waste hours looking at the same pointless Rachel poster.) The game does dive into the political side of America, the ugly side, and it does it well. Let's be honest. We play the lis games for the feels,(and the cool atmosphere/music) and you will have them in the first episode. The best part is that during the entire time I'm was playing, I never once wished it was Max and Chloe on the screen. That speaks volumes about what dontnod has accomplished. Expand
  16. Sep 30, 2018
    This episode was actually really good. I enjoyed it and thought the story was moving and realistic.
  17. Nov 25, 2018
    اللعبة جميل جداً عدا بعض المشاكل البسيطة التالي كان يمكن تفاديها بسهولة وقصة حزينة واعدة جداً في عالم مليء بالألغاز والمغامرات والمشاكل التي تواجه أبطالنا بسبب أفعالهم أو العنصرية ، شخصيات اللعبة ممتازة ومتنوعة منها الطيب ومنها العنصري والأصوات والموسيقى والمؤثرات صوتية ممتازة واللعبة للأسف الشديد لا تحتوي على اللغة العربية .

تقييم الحلقة الأولى : 8.5/10 GAMING WORLD AR

تقييم الحلقة الأولى : 8.5/10
    GAMING WORLD AR
  18. Jan 19, 2019
    First off, yes, this game has a highly political message but that does not mean it's bad. I am taking off 1/10 for the pronounced heavy-handedly political parts near the end that I won't spell out in detail, at risk of spoiling the story.

Some have criticized it as slow, but I do not think it is any slower than LiS 1. Some unexciting parts are needed to tell the story. It's difficult

It's difficult to judge the overall story as this is only the first episode, however, this first episode sets the stage for what could be a fantastic journey.

Graphics are hardly improved from LiS 1, but the art style makes this a non-issue.

Overall 8/10. Worth a playthrough.

1. Games Master UK
    Nov 1, 2018
    It makes you want to see where life leads them next. [Issue#336, p.85]
  2. Oct 29, 2018
    Episode 1: Roads sets Life is Strange 2 up for potentially great things, but the entertaining moments are extremely fleeting in what is clearly intended to be an emotionally-driven adventure that works to set the tone for what is to come, with particular value placed on the story of brotherhood. The supernatural element at play as the main plot device is interesting, but it again only works to serve as a teaser for what is lying further down the road for the brothers. Not as gripping as season one, but this short episode does its job.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Oct 28, 2018
    A consistently strong introduction to the Diaz brothers and their plight. We only want the best for them but know full well things are going to get worse over the course of the season. [Issue#155, p.88]