7.0

1. May 22, 2020
    At first i was afraid that this game would become uninteresting after a hour of playing. But, its really addictive and weirdly therapeutic. It's nice and simple. Also, the feeling of being a badass shark is great.
  2. May 22, 2020
    At a lower price point, and therefore a lower expectation, this would be a decent game. The price is too high for the amount of content so far. Should probably be a 7 overall but rating it a 8 for chomping jetskiers mid air :)
  3. May 23, 2020
    Its another one of those tripwire games where you can just sit back relax and let your self go. The game does get boring after a while but it does have its great points starting and does refresh it's self time after time sure its not like killing floor 2 but for a shark game its amazing i'd say go for it but wait off for a sale if your not sure its one of those games you should keep on theIts another one of those tripwire games where you can just sit back relax and let your self go. The game does get boring after a while but it does have its great points starting and does refresh it's self time after time sure its not like killing floor 2 but for a shark game its amazing i'd say go for it but wait off for a sale if your not sure its one of those games you should keep on the shelves if you feel like letting loose at times! also Shark in the river and other game songs fit well sometimes you can mute the music play your own and just enjoy a ride with the environment being fun to explore. Expand
  4. May 22, 2020
    Good game, it's fun and it has vey good graphics, it looks very polished and the controls are easy to learn. Very recommended for those who are looking for fun eating humans. It's the best shark game ever.
  5. May 26, 2020
    Came back to play after a long week of work to play and all my progress was deleted. Not worth 40 bucks.
  6. May 24, 2020
    It's a fun game but oh my god it needs fixing. Experienced so many frame rate issues while playing. I also encountered two game crashes and my save file got corrupted at about 80% completion. I lost all motivation to play it. And I know I'm not the only one as a few of my friends also the same, none of us can be bothered to start again. Do not buy this game until this situation is patched.
  7. May 22, 2020
    good game...great story and gameplay.good work tripwire interactive.amazing game ...oh,.and we need killing floor 3 soon pls.
  8. May 26, 2020
    I'm okay with repetitive games, buggy games, laggy games, that hinder overall experience but still, to a certain extent, playable and enjoyable. But unfinished product, riddled with gameplay-affecting performance issues, and worst of all, constant crash that lead to corrupted save data, forcing players, if they have to will, to start over over and over again. That's just unacceptable, man.
  9. May 24, 2020
    Trata-se de um jogo extremamente divertido, com alguns problemas de performance que podem ser eventualmente resolvidos em atualizações futuras. É uma boa chance se sair d mesmice dos RPGS com temática medieval e mergulhar - literalmente, em um mundo interessante de ser explorado, e diferente do que já vimos antes. Além de tudo, constitui uma nítida crítica à forma como os humanos seTrata-se de um jogo extremamente divertido, com alguns problemas de performance que podem ser eventualmente resolvidos em atualizações futuras. É uma boa chance se sair d mesmice dos RPGS com temática medieval e mergulhar - literalmente, em um mundo interessante de ser explorado, e diferente do que já vimos antes. Além de tudo, constitui uma nítida crítica à forma como os humanos se comportam frente à natureza, caçando, matando e poluindo como se não houvesse amanhã. Expand
  10. May 26, 2020
    There are many problems:
    I got to level 19, I had played a few hours, I turned off the PS4 and when I booted it back up my save game was corrupted/erased.
    The game had frame pacing issues. I have a PS4 pro and the fans spin faster than when i play something like God of War. Weird considering how bad the game can look. I would expect a ps3 to be capable of running it. The start of the
    There are many problems:
    The game had frame pacing issues.
    The start of the game is extremely boring and there isn't enough to do. There is a severe lack of variety concerning the fish, upgrades, enemies and environments to an extent.
    There are so many glitches, you will encounter many. One glitch sent me flying over a fence into a different area (was this the reason for the save corruption? Who knows).
    The shark itself controls horribly, combat is frustrating.
    The game is massively overpriced, currently £40.
    In the right hands this game could have been good but currently it's a train wreck.
  11. May 24, 2020
    I play the game on a Playstation 4 slim and its really good it makes fun and for 40 €/$ its a good game
  12. May 31, 2020
    it's an exclusive egs **** Don't bay that **** because it's **** o_O My raiting that **** is 5 from 10 because that ****
  13. May 29, 2020
    If you are looking for a fun mindless video game, give this title a try. Large enough open world to explore, with good RPG elements to it. It is not an AAA level experience but a really good AA single player experience. It can be repetitive but you are a giant fish. What else can you do besides eat anything you come across? It is cartoonish, and over the top at times which adds to theIf you are looking for a fun mindless video game, give this title a try. Large enough open world to explore, with good RPG elements to it. It is not an AAA level experience but a really good AA single player experience. It can be repetitive but you are a giant fish. What else can you do besides eat anything you come across? It is cartoonish, and over the top at times which adds to the fun. I have not experienced any glitches so far, at the half way point in the story. You are a shark, have fun and cause havoc! Expand
  14. May 29, 2020
    PS4 PRO version is unplayable right now. The console is regularly overheating and the fan noise is simply unbearable. (I have cleaned it last week and i haven't encountered this issue with my other games)

Otherwise the game seems fun at first sight, but after 2 hours the gameplay loop is already looking pretty repetitive. Also, i think $40 is way overpriced for this kind of little game.

IMO game worth a 6/10 so far, but i put a 0 until they fix this overheating issue.

EDIT 05/29/20 : I wanted to play a little more today, but my save has just disappeared...
  15. May 27, 2020
    this is a fun unique game that does a great job of not taking itself seriously. the environments are cool, the controls are solid, and the game play is fun. i can see it getting a little repetitive over time, but I've been playing it in 30min to 1 hour chunks and i'm still having lots of fun. more than anything else its super refreshing to play a game with a different perspective andthis is a fun unique game that does a great job of not taking itself seriously. the environments are cool, the controls are solid, and the game play is fun. i can see it getting a little repetitive over time, but I've been playing it in 30min to 1 hour chunks and i'm still having lots of fun. more than anything else its super refreshing to play a game with a different perspective and setting. Big props to Tripwire for making this happen. bottom line, if you are looking for a fun distraction or want to be a shark for a wile, then this is your game! Expand
  16. May 30, 2020
    I never knew this game existed until it launched and it was all over YouTube. This game is unique, creative and a blast to play! I can't put it down and am pleasantly surprised. I highly recommend you check it out
  17. May 23, 2020
    This game is exactly what the world needs right now! Old school, pure fun.
  18. May 24, 2020
    Absolutely loved this game, a breath of fresh air and a step in the good direction for the gaming industry overall. I had a blast growing and swimming through the swamp, then lakes, then ocean of the vast map. Contrary to what I’ve read, I did not find this game that repetitive and when I finished it I wanted more. The great shark customization and progression keeps you hooked and givesAbsolutely loved this game, a breath of fresh air and a step in the good direction for the gaming industry overall. I had a blast growing and swimming through the swamp, then lakes, then ocean of the vast map. Contrary to what I’ve read, I did not find this game that repetitive and when I finished it I wanted more. The great shark customization and progression keeps you hooked and gives meaning to the quests. Again, I loved this game and almost can’t say anything bad about it except for some performance issues when my shark was boosted and swimming really fast (have to say I am on first gen PS4). This is a must play for anyone that likes RPGs or anyone that wants a unique and fun experience. I would 120% buy a DLC where you get to play as a crocodile, an alligator or whatever mutant beast they’d like to throw at us ! Huge thanks to Tripwire, first time that I take the time to write a review after completing a game and these guys deserve it. Expand
  19. May 28, 2020
    I really enjoyed this game. Free-roam where you unlock multiple smaller areas that intertwine with plenty of collectibles, missions and unlockables for your character. I really enjoy the progression, where you do missions for one specified area to unlock the next area. Though all of the pre-mentioned can get a little repetitive, it still feels nice to explore a new underwater area, up andI really enjoyed this game. Free-roam where you unlock multiple smaller areas that intertwine with plenty of collectibles, missions and unlockables for your character. I really enjoy the progression, where you do missions for one specified area to unlock the next area. Though all of the pre-mentioned can get a little repetitive, it still feels nice to explore a new underwater area, up and down! You can even go on land briefly. There are basically only 3 “classes” you can chose from, once you unlock them piece by piece. There is a leveling system that will keep you killing to see what your shark will turn into next! Very easy to 100% the game and get all of it’s trophies Expand
  20. May 29, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall my experience with Maneater, albeit brief was enjoyable. Watching your shark grow from a pup to a mega shark is pretty cool, including all the other upgrades Bone , Shadow and Electric. But I cant suggest people get this game until they fix the issues I’ve experienced, and I’m sure other people have as well. Frame rate : the frame rate dropped multiple times on my PS4 pro and it baffled me a little bit with other games, like Horizon Zero Dawn or Red Dead has no frame drop issues. Variety : this game is repetitive, very repetitive. I would have enjoyed some variety in the quests but I guess there is only so much to do as a shark.

Save files being erased : this was the big thing for me, caused me to actually uninstall it from my hard drive. They don’t have a save function, it only relies on auto save which I think isn’t the best decision.

First go around, I got to leave 10 got to my grotto saw the auto save going. Turned off my console. I come back to level up my super cool shark, and my game started over from the beginning. I was a bit ticked off, shrugged it off and played again. I just reached level 30 with almost max upgrades. Fire up my console to eat some people and destroy boats. And wouldn’t you know it. The game started over at the beginning! AGAIN! How do you have this critical of a bug on a game you send out to customers? Baffles me, they need to fix it. So I’d suggest saving your money. But that’s just my experience.
  21. May 31, 2020
    Really enjoyed the game. I already Platinum it. I love the cutscenes of the game, they're quick enjoyable and sometimes funny. There's a ton of collactible to get in each of the 7 zones. The landmarks are amazingly designed and some easter eggs and found within them. I like the customization we can do with the evolution progress. I really hope DLC will be added to the game. I expect newReally enjoyed the game. I already Platinum it. I love the cutscenes of the game, they're quick enjoyable and sometimes funny. There's a ton of collactible to get in each of the 7 zones. The landmarks are amazingly designed and some easter eggs and found within them. I like the customization we can do with the evolution progress. I really hope DLC will be added to the game. I expect new regions, new evolutions lines and an higher max level. I though it was underwhelming to see some ennemies with a way higher level than a megalodon. Maybe we could see once all the collectible obtained, a second upgrade to the megalo size since there will not be needed to go in really small place anymore. Make it huge! If the DLC comes to life, I think its important to add amore variation of ennemies. In the game, each zome has some unique ennemies but they can be count on a single hand. I'd like to see a giant octopus. Seeing our shark bite away tentacles after tentacles would be awesome. Also maybe an artic zone with narwal, polar bear etc. To resume, the game is great, deserving a 7/10 but there's plenty of work to do on the game to increase this score. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 25 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 1, 2020
    For those craving some deliciously cheesy B-movie flavor wrapped around a concise open-world core, Maneater delivers.
  2. May 28, 2020
    Maneater's unique perspective will keep you playing for a while, though the extremely repetitive mission design and lack of gameplay depth will eventually get on your nerves. The horrible framedrops, however, are hard to forgive.
  3. May 27, 2020
    Maneater is very fun to play, but there is no denying that the developers failed to break from repetitiveness. It feels exciting to play as a revenge-seeking shark, but there is also a lot of wasted potential that could have made Maneater a much better game.