4.9

1. Mar 24, 2017
    I am a bioware fan, I almost always defend them. I can't do it this time. I don't care about the technical problems, or animations. The writing is terrible, I can't exactly put my finger on what is wrong with this game. I keep playing hoping it will get better. Nothing has happened yet that makes me want to keep playing to see where it goes, i have no interest in the conversations either.I am a bioware fan, I almost always defend them. I can't do it this time. I don't care about the technical problems, or animations. The writing is terrible, I can't exactly put my finger on what is wrong with this game. I keep playing hoping it will get better. Nothing has happened yet that makes me want to keep playing to see where it goes, i have no interest in the conversations either. It just feels like a hollow shell. If the reapers turned games into husks this would be the result. Expand
  2. Mar 26, 2017
    Ok, so seeing all these people, giving 0 to the game because of "poor animation" or "poor optimization" (PC reviews on the PS section LOL), I decided to write a review myself (Yes, I'm a Mass Effect fan but I tried to stay impartial while writing this review).

Pros: +It's still good old Mass Effect. Now, when I finished the game after about 30 hours of gameplay, I can say I'm not

Pros:
    +It's still good old Mass Effect. Now, when I finished the game after about 30 hours of gameplay, I can say I'm not disappointed. The atmosphere is the same, the feeling of discovering something new is the same, the joy of defeating herds of enemies is the same.
    +Graphics are awesome. Played it on PS4 Pro and saw no lags, fps drops or anything like that. Loadings were rather quick and every planet looked gorgeous and rather unique.
    +Gameplay is so much better than in older games. Played the whole game as a biotic class, so can't really tell about other classes, but it was so fun to jump around and slam enemies' faces with different abilities.
    +Quests (Main Questline and Loyalty missions) are awesome and fun. Especially loyalty missions. Getting to know every crew member by the way of completing tasks for them, smashin faces in a bar with a fellow-krogan or helping an alien buddy meet his family. Although if you don't do side quests, you will finish the game pretty fast and won't get a full experience, but it works with any open-world game, doesn't it?
    +Characters are so good. As I have already said, each of them is unique and by completing tasks for them you get to know each one from a different side. Drack is my favourite character in the entire series now.
    +Voiceover is still excellent, Voice actors did a very good job and that's another plus for the game.

Now to the cons:
    -The introduction was rather stretched and boring. But getting further into the game it only became better and better, and now, having finished it, I think it worth every penny I spent.
    -Dialog system became worse. I missed the "renegade-paragon system" from earlier games, so I didn't like much a new system, but that's just my opinion.
    -Extra quests are rather repetitive and boring, However they are completely not important for the plot and you can take them if you want to get some more experience points or credits.
    -Unfortunately only one ending, so my actions didn't really affect anything in the end. But nevertheless I enjoyed having a choice and developping colonies on different planets,

Now to a couple of contradictory points. The main problem why most people give 0 score to the game is "terrible facial animation". Let me get this straght: it's NOT terrible, it's decent. I played as a default male protagonist and his facial animation was good as well of lots of other characters. However, a female protaginist's facial animation really seemed strange to me. But again, to create an ugly character and then to complain about his facial animation is not the right thing to do either.
    Next popular reason to cry about the game is bugs. No, there are hardly any bugs in this game. However during the whole play-time I met a couple of disappointing bugs that made me restart the game but overall it didn't spoil the impression.

To conclude, I'd like to say to all people who are not sure about buying this game. If you are a mass effect fan like me - you will most probably like it. If you are new to the series - it's likely you'll enjoy it too. Just buy it on consoles or a really good PC. If you buy it for a cheap laptop, then it's your problem. Ok, it's a great game, really enjoyed it, solid 8/10.
  3. Mar 30, 2017
    This review and subsequent score have been edited after playing more of the game. An additional paragraph has been added to the bottom of the review.

This is my first review. I felt it was necessary given the situation. ME:A is not a bad game. It is however, not a good game. I would go so far as to say it is more of a "mass effect clone" than a mass effect game. That may seem harsh,

This is my first review. I felt it was necessary given the situation.

ME:A is not a bad game. It is however, not a good game. I would go so far as to say it is more of a "mass effect clone" than a mass effect game. That may seem harsh, but if you try it out, you will understand. If you are a huge fan, and have played the originals for hundreds of hours, you will really understand what I mean.

For the people saying that there are no animation glitches - that is true. I have not experienced animation glitches, but the game does have very poor animations. First year in animation school bad. And they are plentiful. It would be one thing if they were some side character off in the distance, but this game takes about a decade or two of steps back in animation. It is painful sometimes. Like physically so.

The characters are not as bad as some people have made them out to be. I can tell that they wanted them to feel familiar without being too similar to the characters we grew to love in previous games. But, I do think they miss a beat with poor introductions and poor followup. If you take my advice (listed below), you will see what I mean, but this tends to repeat itself.

Combat is fun. I am playing on insanity difficulty and enjoying it. It is much more tactical and much more "cover-shooter" this way. The powers and abilities are excellent. There is an appropriate amount of depth in this system. Sometimes I feel my companions are not really helping, but I am supposed to be the real BAMF - not them - so that is fine. Nothing more to say here.

The writing is sub par. And ultimately, it isn't what defeats the game or the experience. There have been plenty of games with poor writing that are still fun (some even make it top 100 games of all time list), and it isn't as if ME:A doesn't have a good premise or a good general story. But - and you will see this if you take my advice (listed below) - between 30% - 50% of the dialog is just... bad. I get the sense that whoever wrote it is just not cut out to be a writer, but I don't want to attack anyone. The truth is that a lot of the issues ME:A suffers from should have been noticed and fixed by upper management. In general, it feels as if the game had zero oversight. Writing is one of those things.

The scanning system, exploration system, and crafting system are all excellent. If that is what Mass Effect is, I am writing the wrong review. These systems are great. I believe these systems/mechanics were fleshed out very well in comparison to the problem areas. I do not know much about game development, but I do know that I would take ME:A without any of these systems if it meant the animations were at least on par with the other games, the characters were properly delivered, and the writing was better. Because those three things are more important to me than fleshed out systems like the ones above.

My advice is to buy the game on steam and give it the hour it deserves. I believe you will see what I have come to see, and that is that this game is more of an off-shoot, or a clone, than it is Mass Effect. And it really has nothing to do with Shepard or the other Mass Effect games. This game has a great premise, I would even say a "Mass Effect Premise," but broadly speaking, it fails to deliver - on nearly everything. Its execution is its biggest issue.

So buy it and play for an hour on Steam (if you are on console, do not purchase this game until you have tried it). If you enjoyed that hour and were not bothered by the glaring issues, then by all means keep playing. If not, refund it through Steam and write a review of the game to help other people make a decision.

After 30+ hours, I can safely say that this is a journey worth taking. SPOILERS FOLLOW. However, I stand by what I said above. It is easy for me to look past the fact that half of the aliens that make ME's universe so amazing are missing. It is easy for me to look past the fact that animations are actually horrid. It is is easy for me to look past the fact that Bioware seems to be making their female character less attractive than the models they are based on (but not the male characters? - I thought this was propaganda but wtf it's actually not. Not to mention their personalities are lacking. Miranda, Liara, and Tali, please come back. You were all intelligent, powerful, and beautiful female characters. You were all someone my daughter could aspire to) I can even - unbelievably - look past the fact that most of the game's quests are fetch quests that are poorly written and just not very fun.

Here's why: Because what's left is actually good.
  4. Mar 24, 2017
    From the Debbie does Dallas dialog to the Galaxy Quest story line Mass Effect Andromeda doesn't benefit from the fabricated fantasy space opera its predecessor's toted bringing only a handful of planets and species to a vast intergalactic expedition . Mass Effect Andromeda takes place 600 years after the selfless sacrifice of the games iconic interplanetary arbitrator Shepard saved theFrom the Debbie does Dallas dialog to the Galaxy Quest story line Mass Effect Andromeda doesn't benefit from the fabricated fantasy space opera its predecessor's toted bringing only a handful of planets and species to a vast intergalactic expedition . Mass Effect Andromeda takes place 600 years after the selfless sacrifice of the games iconic interplanetary arbitrator Shepard saved the milky way, Now you take on the role of the pathfinder named Ryder with the openness to choose either male or female after a brief stint through the lackadaisical character creator set up that doesn't even exceed that of saints row 2 you awake and are instantaneously thrown into your first mission things go awry rather fast as your father kicks the space bucket in a scene which shares the same emotional depth as a movie on the lifetime channel. From there you set out on your journey to wake other recipients up from their cryogenic slumber and colonize a new world, The premise sounds intriguing and promising in the game's opening acts but all the build up goes kerflooey as the story loses interest and instead focuses on the theriomorphic bad guys which for a game that built its previous titles on the moral ambiguity of extra-terrestrial lifeforms can feel a bit like a step in the wrong direction. The galactic map you view now feels like a masquerade as only a few planets are interactive with a large minority of them acting as a meta game which would feel more at home in the games companion app. Others would tackle the games abysmal animations and Writing for the projects shortcomings however the real story behind this product is far darker , After doing some research I came across an article post from a Ex-bioware employee that stated the game went through development hell and here are just a few other titbits that Bioware finds acceptable in this modern age  . Throughout the development of this game bro culture ran rampant and a large amount of conflicts were brought to the surface on top of the Ego that many top ranking team members boasted the top tier executives put staff on PIP programs as a way of getting rid of them this problem was further exacerbated by the leaders of the company  changing  '' Crunch time '' to a new buzzword with far more worse  repercussions. They called it  Finaling mode in this period the company would throw staff a catch 22 opportunity in which they would pay for their food but only if they ate it under thirty minutes and got back to work, Retaliation and harassment became more problematic and serious as each day went on forcing major team members to quit because of the work ethics and conditions they were being subjugated to on a daily basis which extended the more common known ones we as a community saw online . The members that left had falsified reports made by HR to smear their names after they complained about harassments from the management staff and finally many key staff members that worked on this project didn't get paid with the reason being the extension of the game was more important than their financial benefits. So in closing the once great storytellers and visionaries at Bioware have reduced to the disrespectful degenerates and all because of a game , So we ask was it all worth it ? . My heart goes out to the people that left the project after putting all they could into it and I wish them the very best on their future endeavours and as for this project its not worth the quantum fluctuation the Andromeda galaxy teeters on. A lot like Mass Effect , Andromeda might turn into a great game at a much later date. Expand
  5. Mar 21, 2017
    Just. Horible.
    This is not Mass Effect game. This is not what the fans were waiting for, nor "just a good game for newcomers". Sure, you've killed Dragon Age, for two times ina row now, but good god, the latest ME game was already not very good, and then you're giving us this peace of space junk? Pffsht. Nope.
    EA, please, stop killing good companies and franchises. Just stop.
  6. Mar 21, 2017
    I was kind of worried what might happen to this game after I saw DA:Inquisition. It's definitely not a 0/10 game like a lot of people are giving it in their tantrums but I definitely wouldn't rate it higher than 6/10, maybe 7/10 tops.

Long story short, the game just feels forced in all areas. If we bypass the horrid animations, which is kind of hard to do in an RPG, it still feels like they only thought of the number of hours people would have to spend on getting through this game as a quality assurance. I would've been fine with a much more compact game if it was full of meaningful characters, events and the like, instead of this Skyrim ****
  7. Mar 23, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I played the trial through Origin Access for 3 hours. It wasn't a "bandwagon" that got me to get a refund on the full game. I *wanted* to like this game. I was hoping for hundreds of hours of fun. But OMG the writing and the plot. So bad. Like the worst original Star Trek episode bad. Just cliche after cliche. You're on the SS Nepotism, a ship run by your dad, with you and your sibling on the ship. When it becomes clear that in the 27th century, humanity has forgotten how to carry spare gas masks down to hostile planets, Daddy McHeroMan sacrifices himself to save you. And promotes you to new McHeroLeader. Everyone is happy that you run the show now, because reasons. And the ship's AI has taken root in your head. Somehow. For reasons. I wish I was making this up.

I'm just sitting there thinking "I paid $70 for this?" It's just ...bad. Bland boring cliches said by cardboard characters stuck in ridiculous situations. I give this a 3 because the combat didn't suck and the planet was pretty. Wait until it becomes free on Origin, don't blow money on this pile of AAA mediocrity.
  8. Mar 24, 2017
    Ugly females, crappy animations, crappy writing, uninteresting characters, fetch quests, glitches, bugs. This is all it comes down to. Full of SJW propaganda and ultimately an underwhelming Mass Effect experience. I hope Bioware learnt their lesson or Dragon Age 4 will go down the same way as Mass Effect Andromeda.
  9. Mar 23, 2017
    Even they could fix the extremely bad Animations, thell cannot change the shallow writing. This is how you destroy a legendary IP. Bioware was all about STORYTELLING, now its mutated to this abomination. This is a sad Day for Gaming in general i think....also for this Industrie!
  10. Mar 25, 2017
    This game deserves a low rating, and not only because it has a lot of technical problems, not because it has the worst animations, but because it is the worst Mass Effect game ever made. With all long-running series of games one would expect every new one to be better, or at least stay at the same level as the original, but in this case, it is a downgrade from everything even the firstThis game deserves a low rating, and not only because it has a lot of technical problems, not because it has the worst animations, but because it is the worst Mass Effect game ever made. With all long-running series of games one would expect every new one to be better, or at least stay at the same level as the original, but in this case, it is a downgrade from everything even the first game established. I hope that going forward BiowWare would not do such a mistake once more, and improve the quality control. Expand
  11. Mar 22, 2017
    Plot is finding a new home for humanity but there is a hostile new alien race that play as the villains. Thats pretty much it, no plot twists just forgettable moments till the credits roll.
    Your in a WHOLE new galaxy (not planet) but there are only 2 (TWO!!) new races for some reason. I guess they didn't bother to create more models.
    As I explore, I encountered the same
    As I explore, I encountered the same building/structure as I previous did somewhere else in the map. The filler, fetch quests make a return from DAI but not as much as Inquisition however they are present in no small amount.
    Romance is just like Inquisition, squad mates are romancable and to my knowledge all 'romance' scenes feature the iconic, lazy fade-to-black transition expect for Cora and PB. Flings are just pointless flirt options that leads to nothing.
    I'm not even going to mention the infamous animation problem but I will say its very disappointing that a AAA studio with a large budget and 5-8 years of development time could not address this obvious flaw.
  12. Mar 23, 2017
    wow i think this is even worse than dragon age 2 if thats possible how come bioware didnt lead with this is been developed by a whole new dev team montreal i think its there first game the game is just plain boring characters are bland quests are fetch quests pretty much story is poorly written the one liners of team mates is unbelievable "i think hes mad i shot him in the face"(liam)wow i think this is even worse than dragon age 2 if thats possible how come bioware didnt lead with this is been developed by a whole new dev team montreal i think its there first game the game is just plain boring characters are bland quests are fetch quests pretty much story is poorly written the one liners of team mates is unbelievable "i think hes mad i shot him in the face"(liam) words to that effect facial animations are amazingly bad i mean how do u release a game like this AAA in this condition is beyond me last bioware game i ever buy. Expand
  13. Mar 24, 2017
    Do NOT buy this game on or near launch. In fact, just skip this game and wait for Mass Effect Andromeda 2. There is too much wrong with this game, it isn't going to be fixable. The voice acting and dialogue options range from boring chatter to downright nonsense. The Character Creator is more limited than Ghost Recon Wildlands. The lighting and shading are incredibly wonky. The animationsDo NOT buy this game on or near launch. In fact, just skip this game and wait for Mass Effect Andromeda 2. There is too much wrong with this game, it isn't going to be fixable. The voice acting and dialogue options range from boring chatter to downright nonsense. The Character Creator is more limited than Ghost Recon Wildlands. The lighting and shading are incredibly wonky. The animations and movement at times are questionable and completely unnatural. The gameplay feels very sluggish and worn out. I'm approximately five hours in at this point and bored out of my mind.

There's also the matter of just how buggy this game is. First Co-Op is horrendous, P2P often results in a very laggy experience, when the host drops, there's a long waiting time before a new host is found (think COD:MW2 but much slower). The campaign bugs however, are much worse. Multiple missions have bugged out completely for me, resulting in impossible-to-complete missions. The "invisible" loading screens on planet are incredibly obvious, thanks to sliding all over the place after a brief screen freeze during explorations.

This isn't the Mass Effect you're looking for, this isn't the Mass Effect that anyone is looking for. Avoid this purchase. Even as a PS Plus title, I'd be reluctant to download it. Please trust the User Scores with this one. This game is not worth your money.
  14. Mar 22, 2017
    I'm not going to go too in depth because i don't want to spoil anything accidentally but the gist of it is, your crew is completely lame, Ryder, whether you play as female or male is completely unlikable, the writing is lousy, your crew is constantly doing stupid things and they constantly act, well, strange, it feels like all these characters came out of a Michael Bay Transformers movie.I'm not going to go too in depth because i don't want to spoil anything accidentally but the gist of it is, your crew is completely lame, Ryder, whether you play as female or male is completely unlikable, the writing is lousy, your crew is constantly doing stupid things and they constantly act, well, strange, it feels like all these characters came out of a Michael Bay Transformers movie. The story is uninspiring but not terrible, i mean it's not great either, nothing complicated but some parts have you questioning the plot. Voice acting is all over the place, i don't know what the hell was going on but sometimes this game feels like it was built by multiple studios instead of just one. I'm now going to mention the animations, as far as facial animations go it's horrible, mindbogglingly so, what happened Bioware? Other animations like combat and movement are not bad, they are what you'd expect from AAA game, maybe just a bit worse as far as running animations go but it's really minor. RPG elements are watered down but at the same time an improvement in some ways over the previous games. I'm getting kind of bored of typing this, i should finish soon. Graphics are nice, they aren't pushing the boundaries so to speak but that's okay, they don't have to, there are some very nice sights in the game, not many but some of them are really, really pretty, the art teams did very well but unfortunately there's just not enough of that. Combat is okay, it's pretty good really, if you like third person action games then this will feel just right, not groundbreaking in any way but it's damn solid, gunplay is **** but it doesn't matter, you're going to use biotics and your melee attacks because it's more fun anyway. I think i'll stop here, the game a lot of "meh" and a lot of "wtf is this", unless you really love running around different worlds and third person action "RPG" games a lot, like A LOT then don't bother with this one. **** forgot to add, the dialogue options are all **** Expand
  15. Mar 25, 2017
    Mass effect Andromeda is a complete mess unbalanced and poorly executed like alot of peoples for the first time i found andromeda boring to death with annoying and repetive quest on the planets,repetitive puzzles,fedex quest and lack of story and worst nothing make sense,70% of the races in the original trilogy are gone and they dont mention them in the actual game,you got only sixMass effect Andromeda is a complete mess unbalanced and poorly executed like alot of peoples for the first time i found andromeda boring to death with annoying and repetive quest on the planets,repetitive puzzles,fedex quest and lack of story and worst nothing make sense,70% of the races in the original trilogy are gone and they dont mention them in the actual game,you got only six companion and only one new race,the only two good thing about this game if they were in a good version of andromeda is the combat and profiles system and then the tempest is great, if that wasn't enought they also mess the galaxy map when you travel you dont see your ship,every solar system is kinda generic without savior,alot of planets seems to be copy pasted i seen to much time the moon design,the planets have no real purpose, this game try hard to annoye his players the worst in it is they want to make a trilogy, never i will pay for a sequel, for me ME 3 was the worst now they completly change my mind andromeda is the worst game ever made,i'm a huge fans of mass effect 1 and this game dont reach it at all, mass effect 1 is safe thank you to casey hudson and his team who made one of the best game of all time, it's sad that mass effect franchise as fallen this low ❤ Expand
  16. Mar 21, 2017
    --Bad Writing they should have stuck to the original writers and have done everything to keep him. The lines where cringe worthy.

--Nothing Memorable about the characters. ME1 and 2 did a better job at introducing several interesting characters. This however has characters that feel as though they trust you the moment you meet them you do not earn their trust. --This game calls

--This game calls itself an RPG but it feels more like a shooter than an RPG. The skills no longer feel like something you learn as part of being immersed in the world and learning from the experiences of your adventure but rather something that feels like you omni-tool received a patch as a reward for killing enemies so it now has a new function after the update. You can basically look at it as an FPS shooters equivalence to a kill streak.

--Narrative choices in the wheel often only fall to two choices. The logical choice doesnt always sound logical its as though someone with little understanding of the rules of logic designed this. The emotional options give little to emotion. There was nothing inspiring when there was need for inspiration. At least with Dragonage there where moments of Hell Yeah. Like the Sword given to THE INQUISITOR, SKYHOLD, and THE PRAYER SONG after you wake up from defeat. Inquistion did a great job ant creating inspiration emotion grabbing moments. This however did none of that.

--SOUNDTRACK SOUNDTRACK SOUNDTRACK. Sound tracks like a good John Williams Star Wars, Zelda, or ME1,2,3 is important the right musical queues at the right moment can invoke emotion. It seems while the soundtrack was good it wasnt used correctly.

--Quest Design this game made side quests feel boring. The main game is Dragon Age Inquisitions minigames turned into a main quest. You go to each plant in which you have to change the atmosphere by going to each Pagoda/Tower solve a puzzle which lights a beam then go to the next site rinse wash repeat until it points you to the final location then your done. No creativity just the same old trudge. Witcher 3 set a standard each sidequest created its own story and the main quest where incredibly well thought out. Sorry Bioware but you cant get away with mediocrity.

--Character designs where piss poor it feels like every character had some type of skin and bone defect. Hell it feels like the reasons they left the milky way was because they where to ugly to look at so they where banished to the far corners of Andromeda.

--Besides the Writing, Game Design, and everything listed prior the character animations in this game felt like it was created by an intern in their first year of animation school. Sorry but a game that spends much of its time story telling through facial expressions and gestures cannot get away with this garbage.

Overall this is the biggest disappointment of the year so far. Dragon age Inquisition was good but lacking in comparison to the Original Biowares title. This Mass Effect is Bad and with little to none of the original developers, writers, and artists left at Bioware from its glory days this could spell trouble for them. The only real RPG I have left to look forward to it seems will be CD Projekt Red Cyberpower 2077
  17. Mar 24, 2017
    There is much potential to be a fun game in here. But sadly it is not. I am not the kind of person who rate a game about the graphics. If the gameplay is fun, i can live with that without a problem.. But as i said, its not fun at all. Your AI Partners are so stupid and weak (do they actually damage something?!?), the checkpoints are not good as well. Sometimes you do different questThere is much potential to be a fun game in here. But sadly it is not. I am not the kind of person who rate a game about the graphics. If the gameplay is fun, i can live with that without a problem.. But as i said, its not fun at all. Your AI Partners are so stupid and weak (do they actually damage something?!?), the checkpoints are not good as well. Sometimes you do different quest (before finish them) and after you die, you have to start all over, losing the whole progress (how about doing a chekcpoint after finish a part of the quest?). In the open world i have loading time (after i died) up to 5 minutes (on ps4 pro). Seriousely...?!? Enemies standing around and do nothing, Quests are bugged, without restart the console no progress... and yeah... if i want Play sudoku i buy myself sudoku! I remember i had fun with the old trilogy, but here, i just play, because i want finish what ive started. SAD! Expand
  18. Mar 24, 2017
    As a massive Mass Effect fan it breaks my heart to say after 4 years of waiting, its really not worth it.

I played ME3 Multiplayer for 2 years after that game came out, I doubt Ill be playing ME Andromeda's MP this time next month.
  19. Mar 24, 2017
    Stop letting marxist extremists into the gaming industry, this game is terrible because the story doesn't take any risks and just feels like a bunch of fanfic stitched together with an obvious socialist agenda, just like Mirror's Edge 2! The faces of the characters are ugly as can be and the gameplay is just like in the other Mass effects with more bugs.

Another day another game

Another day another game franchise ruined by political activists...
  20. Mar 30, 2017
    I only played for a few hours, and couldn't even bring myself to care enough to keep going. It has so many features I "should" love, but the story, animations, and controls are show crappy I couldn't go on. Even the audio sucks. People can be talking, and without subtitles on, I wouldn't have a clue what they were saying because I wasn't fully facing them when I engaged in conversation.I only played for a few hours, and couldn't even bring myself to care enough to keep going. It has so many features I "should" love, but the story, animations, and controls are show crappy I couldn't go on. Even the audio sucks. People can be talking, and without subtitles on, I wouldn't have a clue what they were saying because I wasn't fully facing them when I engaged in conversation. Basically, I agree with every negative thing I've heard. It's boring and unfinished.
    Update: After playing it for a week, I can honestly say it got much better once I figured out how to do a lot of things. It really is overly complicated. The facial mechanics are garbage for sure, and the dialog is funny it's so bad, but it is rewarding to build new colonies, and see everything evolve. Updating my rating to a 6 now that I've invested more time in it.
  21. Mar 28, 2017
    Mass Effect Andromeda; People are hating this game based on some of the characters rendering and animations, (especially women charters) as well as some of the writing. After playing twelve hours of the game I find myself with mixed feelings. The game is engaging on many levels but the good is outweighed by negative points that this game suffers from. First is the graphics, while some ofMass Effect Andromeda; People are hating this game based on some of the characters rendering and animations, (especially women charters) as well as some of the writing. After playing twelve hours of the game I find myself with mixed feelings. The game is engaging on many levels but the good is outweighed by negative points that this game suffers from. First is the graphics, while some of the graphics are on point in regards to the scenery and environment, some of the female characters look as if they are dead, no emotion, no facial expressions, and some of the characters voice actors sound as if they are just going through the motions instead of acting. The writing of the characters responses are laughable, like when the human character in charge of the Nexus says, "My face hurts..." or "You'll be a Pathfinder when you Path-find something"

In retrospect Mass Effect 3 had better character expressions and animation that Andromeda. Bio-Ware had five years to work on this game, one would think the game would look better, not worse. This game could have been awesome. The way it was released make it mediocre at best.
  22. Mar 22, 2017
    Summary :

Pros : 1. Bigger open world than previous series. 2. Combat mechanics are better and solid. 3. Better resolution from previous series. Cons : 1. Story and plot is bland /shallow 2. Mission/side quest is boring and repetitive. 3. Bad main character, esp female, no emotional bound between Me myself and the main char. 4. NPC companion are ugly, bad design , unattractive
    Summary :

Pros :
    1. Bigger open world than previous series.
    2. Combat mechanics are better and solid.
    3. Better resolution from previous series.

Cons :
    1. Story and plot is bland /shallow
    2. Mission/side quest is boring and repetitive.
    4. NPC companion are ugly, bad design , unattractive at all.
    5, Bad animation, Very bad facial emotions/expressions, Very bad lipsync,
    6. Bad ending.

I think this is the time for Bioware /EA to handover this IP to CD Red Project.
  23. Mar 21, 2017
    I got this game the 17th of March and I just cant play this game anymore.. I usually finish all my games before I review but this game is just too boring.. I was expecting a good story with awesome characters.... there is none of that which I think should be the primary focus in a Mass Effect game.. Yeah the facial animations are crap but i still play games from the 80s so it's notI got this game the 17th of March and I just cant play this game anymore.. I usually finish all my games before I review but this game is just too boring.. I was expecting a good story with awesome characters.... there is none of that which I think should be the primary focus in a Mass Effect game.. Yeah the facial animations are crap but i still play games from the 80s so it's not something i really care about.. I can understand that it breaks immersion but there is no immersion breaking anyway because the story and characters suck so they my as well have no face animations..

When you play a game it's suppose to grab you and make you want to continue playing. This game actually did the opposite for me, I rather go to work then play this game..

The combat is a bit improved over the other mass effect games but that is not saying much considering recent other games have much better combat..

The game is "okay" but I expected much better from a Mass Effect game.
  24. Mar 22, 2017
    Plan 9 from Outer Space combined with Team America and Wallace & Gromit.

Mass Effect: Andromeda is not only the worst game in the series, but also the worst BioWare have ever done so far and an insult for Triple-A Gaming in our current time. --Awful character creation, barely any options from skin tone over hair, eyebrows and proportions for body and what not... Very bare bones!
    Plan 9 from Outer Space combined with Team America and Wallace & Gromit.

--Laughable animations (face expressions and walking). You can't take the game serious most of the time.

--Very bad writing and story!. This is a complete "No Go" for an AAA RPG, it felt like it was made from and for 12y/o's, with many cringe jokes, which are again, immersion breaking! A Comedy at best!

--Terrible voice acting for the most part (VO/VA). The voice actors haven't seen any of those the scenes, so they just read the script! Huge mistake if they have no connection to the matter. That's what it also feels like, you don't get any connection to any of those characters.

--Gameplay is mediocre at best, generic semi open word scan this and that over and over, drive,drive,drive with fetch side qests. While the combat did improve a bit (from cover to jetpack, yay what an improvement...) and class/abillity/weapon freedom (this is only a matter of opinion, i liked how it was in ME2).

--MANY design flaws!!! like...
    "No life or death choices, No Paragon/Renegade system, you can't even be a dick to someone!!!!!"
    "no tactical pausing, no ability to issue companions to use certain powers (one of the best gameplay thing in ME games for me)",
    "UI is just painfully outdated, no search-bar, no wep-comparsion and bare bones for console.",
    "annoying and time wasting (interacting hold E) and (20'secs Planet/System cam for scanning and exploration)"
    "quicksave... (if you die or exit the game or it crashes, you might loose progress)"

--BUGS and other issues, not acceptable the huge amount!!! From ghosting, disappearing or light speed moving people in the background during dialogues, AI- suddenly spawning and disappearing in general in you ship, AI pathfinding indoor (they acting weird indoor), twitching body parts, blur-ish hair bugs, gfx flickering, performance problems in some areas...

AND MUCH MORE I MAY NOT CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW...

So what's positive about the game? Graphics and combat for some... And thats not it, nor combat what makes a Mass Effect game!.
    And yet people still buy it, even if they KNOW all the problems, because? "you can bang?"

FORTY
    MILLION
    DOLLARS

FIVE YEARS

Thx EA AND BioWare Montreal studios (B-Team) for their first game and it shows, it was good idea to reboot a well known franchise with them.
  25. Mar 21, 2017
    If Gameloft made a Mass Effect title, it'd look a lot like Andromeda. While this game offers more exploration than Mass Effect 2 and 3 - and I welcome that, it also offers some of the lousiest characters ever to appear in a Mass Effect. Both lead characters, the male and female Ryder, are abysmal. From shoddy animation work, to poorly detailed character models, to unacceptably poorIf Gameloft made a Mass Effect title, it'd look a lot like Andromeda. While this game offers more exploration than Mass Effect 2 and 3 - and I welcome that, it also offers some of the lousiest characters ever to appear in a Mass Effect. Both lead characters, the male and female Ryder, are abysmal. From shoddy animation work, to poorly detailed character models, to unacceptably poor dialogue and voice acting, this is a disappointing outing all around. The Bioware of today is not the Bioware we knew and loved - it's merely a shell of its former self. Dragon Age II was the beginning of the end and Andromeda is the end. Expand
  26. Mar 22, 2017
    This "masterpiece" deserves 1 10
    10- for the graphics, it does not look bad, although the design of the locations itself is boring.
    0 - level design 0 - balance 0 - animation 0 - the gameplay 0 - interface -10 - buried dialogs -10 - story I do not even want to add anything, there's nothing in the game if you're a fan of the trilogy of ME you'll be upset. If you want to touch
    This "masterpiece" deserves 1 10
    0 - level design
    0 - balance
    0 - animation
    0 - the gameplay
    0 - interface
    -10 - buried dialogs
    -10 - story

If you want to touch the ME, better buy a trilogy, and you'll be happy.
  27. Mar 22, 2017
    Зачем я ее купил на PS4... Забыл правило - никаких предзаказов... Бездушная, скучная поделка, прикрывающаяся одной из лучших серий игр.
  28. Mar 22, 2017
    People are focused on all the wrong problems with this game. The facial modelling and expressions are really not the problem here, it's a minor-minor problem really. This is another game where the main story missions are the worst part of the game. The characters are complete grade school amateurs, not explorers, and frequently make idiotic observations that will not resonate with sci-fiPeople are focused on all the wrong problems with this game. The facial modelling and expressions are really not the problem here, it's a minor-minor problem really. This is another game where the main story missions are the worst part of the game. The characters are complete grade school amateurs, not explorers, and frequently make idiotic observations that will not resonate with sci-fi fans.

Combat:
    The combat is super weak and totally unsatisfying. The cover system is more sloppy than it's predecessors, and doesn't viscerally lock you in place. Compared to other cover based shooters, this game is sub-par by far. On harder difficulties the enemies can melt you whenever you accidentally break cover, which is super easy to do. Your NPC companions are best used as distracting meat shields while you dish all the damage. Combat is by the numbers with cover more of an annoyance than anything else. Encounters usually boil down to dying once or twice until it randomly plays better. The player just doesn't have control over the battles. Cheese tactics reign supreme here. Just hide and force the AI to chase you down a corridor. The combat is just horsesh**. Coupled with inexplicably abysmal frame rates in combat I'm just not sure what EA intended to push out the door. (I'm running a GTX 1070)

This game amounts to nothing more than minimum viable fan service. ALL you have to do to make a successful ME game is take the best parts of ME 1&2 and turn that into a exploration game. Stop trying to make this an epic cinematic experience. These story lines are all used up. I don't need a super villain, just create a survival type game where I get to explore space, uncover mysteries, and upgrade my gear, base, ships etc...
  29. Mar 21, 2017
    A game created by EA and Bio ware with glitches, poor dialogue, poor graphic animations... beaten by a few poles making Witcher 3. First four hours are boring and it becomes apparent that missions are repetitive. Very reminiscent of Dragon Age 2 with its 12 areas and 4 different mission types. For an Indie game it would be passable with good combat. Everything else is sub par.
  30. Mar 22, 2017
    I love the Mass effect series and wanted this game to succeed, its broken right now and on PS4 pro Its a stuttering mess at around 25 FPS. At first I was like, ok so its not the best looking game but whatever, then it drops frames??? Really??? **** that this company failed me and trashed the franchise. I'm so heartbroken it hurts.

Played on my PS4 Pro using a 1080p TV
  31. Mar 22, 2017
    FPS issues, bad writing (cringe), and bad animation/textures. I pre-ordered this **** because I was a Mass Effect fan. Well, lesson learned.

You can watch ME3 graphics comparsions in youtube.
    You don´t care for graphics, just the story? Bad news coming! Brace yourself!
  32. Mar 21, 2017
    So let me get the only true positive out of the way, This game is absolutely gorgeous with the environments and actually uses frostbite to it's potential for once. But beyond that it's all flat. Even if you don't look at this game as a Mass Effect title it still sucks. So let's get too the negatives

-Bad writing: Unlike the trilogy (which had some bad moments but it never was all the time) this game has terrible writing, Some of the dialogue in this game will make you cringe on how bad it is.

-Glitchy: This game isnt as glitchy as say Sonic 06 but this game really is filled with quite a few

-Terrible story and choices: Mass Effect is widely regarded for your choices and the story, that's what made the games so memorable and high replay value, However this game abandons all of that for a combat focused approach and also doesn't even try to excite you or build up the story.

-AI: Earlier i mentioned the combat was alright, well here's the thing that ruins that, the AI is retarded and also glitchy so it ends up ruining the combat because some enemy is being weird.

-UI: Oh yeah quick note, this game has a terrible UI system and it bothers the combat.

-Length: The game's main story took a new Mass Effect fan 15 hours to complete, Let me explain this to you, Resident Evil 7 a game that is a metroidvania and also not open world took people 12-15 hours and even that game had good pacing up until the end, So yeah that's sad. Now if you're looking to do side missions sadly none are really good and there's not that many as the original trilogy because the development team tried quality over quantity but failed at that and screwed up at both so you're probably gonna get bored trying to 100% this game, And lastly as ill mention with story this game doesn't have a high replay value (maybe twice) so unfortunately you're not in for the many wonderful hours like the original trilogy offered.

-No memorable characters: If you take this game serious (and are not making memes of it) there really isnt any memorable characters.

-Face Animations: Yes the biggest complaint we've all heard, Honest to god it feels like Bioware hasn't even seen normal conversations because they feel so weird and awkward. I mean even Mass Effect 1 which came out 10 years ago had better animations.

So there's many things i missed however these were the majors flaws because i couldn't fit all the minors ones really, If you're getting this game you better get it really cheap because honestly it's not even worth it. The only good thing i could see to come out of this game is multiplayer but with the path it is on right now i doubt that will be anything, And to end this review even if Bioware and EA managed to fix the glitches, animations, and AI this game would still not be worth it because of the fact we live in a world that has games like Breath Of The Wild and the Witcher 3 which have set the bar high, and if Bioware isnt willing to step up their game they should just drop the IP.
  33. Mar 21, 2017
    EA just rushes games out to make as much money as possible. This game is proof of that. It's incredibly buggy and unpolished. They probably thought it would sell anyway because its called mass effect, which is the problem with todays game publishers. EA needs to take notes from studios like Guerilla games. Horizon zero dawn was a big graphically demanding open world game and it didn'tEA just rushes games out to make as much money as possible. This game is proof of that. It's incredibly buggy and unpolished. They probably thought it would sell anyway because its called mass effect, which is the problem with todays game publishers. EA needs to take notes from studios like Guerilla games. Horizon zero dawn was a big graphically demanding open world game and it didn't have a single bug at launch, not even one. Expand
  34. Mar 21, 2017
    For a gaming company I once considered the most innovative, most provocative story tellers with some above par game-play, I cannot express enough about my disappointment for "Mass Effect Andromeda." Bioware's nature to decline in quality from the glory days of "Dragon Age Origins" and the original "Mass Effect" series continues here.

This game is a glorified terrible sequel/reboot,

This game is a glorified terrible sequel/reboot, that suffers from texture pop ins and frame rate issues on the PS4 PRO. The animations are some of the worst carny looking examples that are full of bugs and baffle me how they got through testing with someone thinking anything beside "This looks horrible." (They're almost disturbing)

The game feels rushed, underwhelming and the story is a shell of the former glory of the original series. It's actually a very shocking result after the debacle of a ending that was the climax of the first trilogy. The characters are all worse than their original counter parts, and when you naturally compare them to the original cast all you can feel is a longing that you were back with your original gang from the first series, they were at least interesting and left the player with a emotional connection. You cannot grow a attachment for these lifeless monstrosity mannequins.

The games FILLED with uninteresting, none engaging filler side-quests, If I wanted to play a MMO style game i'd simply play a MMO, there is absolutely no excuse for quests that have no meaning to the game or story, it's off putting and makes the gamer want to stop playing. The tragedy of this is that there are some actual decent quests in the game. Unfortunately, there is no way to differentiate between a engaging quest and another pointless fetch filler quests - leaving you to ultimately abandon side-quests all together because of how off putting the filler quests are. It's very shameful considering that decade old bioware games didn't suffer from the misery of fetch quests yet almost every recent "Bioware" title thinks implementing them in their games is a good idea.

The illusion of choice is also apparent in this game. There are less than a handful of meaningful choices in a game which is supposed to have story driven content based of the users decisions, which I find a cardinal sin as this being a "Bioware" game. Casting out the "Paragon/Renegade" system is fine and dandy. However, removing the element of choice all together is completely unacceptable, it feels like fallout 4 all over again. It's truly heartbreaking.

The combat is below mediocre and a let down in general, you also cannot issue commands beside "stand here" to any of your companions. I'd give it a pass however, when the rest of the of the game truly lacks any strengths it's just another terrible example of why Biioware getting in bed with EA was the absolute worst idea for the studio. It's also mentioning that the game does not have a "quick save" option IN 2017! Terrible, and you also run the risk of corrupting your save if you save inside your ship.

A truly buggy experience that I'm shocked pass the editor's floor, this game at the very least should have been delayed and fixed all of the terrible bugs that hinder the game. Even then, I truly doubt it would be enough to save this terrible example of a game. A tremendous disappointment and every single person involved in this projected should be ashamed of themselves. It's more of a insult to the "Mass Effect" universe and those who loved this franchise than the original's trilogy's ending. Congratulations Bioware/EA you did what you seem to do best lately, disappoint.
  35. Mar 22, 2017
    If only they fixed the lack of eyelids, creepy twitchy eyes, absurd lip movements I might be able to pay attention to the script. But it is far too distracting, at least the combat isn't bad.
  36. Mar 31, 2017
    If you're an old-school Mass Effect fan (like I am), feel free to skip this one - or get it once it's heavily discounted with all DLCs included. There is nothing Mass Effect about this except in name and the "sci-fi" theme. You lost control over your squad, you lost squad customization, you lost paused strategy, and you lost having all your abilities instead of just 3 loadouts per combat.If you're an old-school Mass Effect fan (like I am), feel free to skip this one - or get it once it's heavily discounted with all DLCs included. There is nothing Mass Effect about this except in name and the "sci-fi" theme. You lost control over your squad, you lost squad customization, you lost paused strategy, and you lost having all your abilities instead of just 3 loadouts per combat. Furthermore, this is not a Mass Effect story you'd love and respect. Facial animation and all the other glitches are one thing, the simple fact that you simply couldn't care less to the two main protagonists (because they're as bland as a sack of potato) is another. Unlike Shephard, the game removes majority of you meaningful interaction and decision by removing the Paragon/Renegade option. All four options of your dialogue wheels pretty much saying the same thing with a different intonation or sentence structure. If the original Mass Effect trilogy is an epic full-length premium cinema, this is their direct-to-DVD spin off.

If this is your first RPG however, and you never played Mass Effect before. Go for it. You have no greatness to base on, and the simplified RPG system of this game will serve you well as a training wheel of such genre going forward. Not to mention there will be more than enough flashy combats to keep your attention glued to the screen before you can repeatedly press skip on the next conversation.

TL;DR, if you're a Mass Effect fan, let the taste of that great masterpiece fade with Shepard instead of being marred by this new release. If you're new to the genre, the franchise, or just looking for a mediocre cover-based shooter masqueraded as a Fischer-Price RPG. This is for you.

In the era where we seen The Witcher 3, GTA V, and Horizon Zero Dawn, in what way this garbage release is deemed acceptable?
  37. Mar 21, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Стрельба стала динамична и графика похорошела,но я играл в эту игру из-за диалогов и персонажей.Здесь этого нет.Поэтому нет! Expand
  38. Mar 22, 2017
    This game is just such a disappointment. I'd have given this game a 4/10 if it weren't for my shattered expectations, but we're talking about a AAA developer here building on one of the most popular RPG series ever.

All they had to do was release a slightly-above-average installment and most fan(boy)s would have been satisfied, but they failed to do even that.
  39. Mar 21, 2017
    It's like someone at Bioware decided that Mass Effect needed it's own Dragon Age 2 to permanently damage the reputation of it's only remaining franchise that most people still held in good regard, despite the rocky third entry.
  40. Mar 21, 2017
    I¨m a big fan of ME1 and 2 so I called in sick for work and prepared to spend the whole week playing ME: Andromeda. Never mind that, a few hours in and already felt sorely disappointed. Called my boss and said it must have been food poisoning and I already feel better. He is a gamer too and knew immediately what was up and laughed his ass off at me for looking forward to this "mess".
  41. Mar 22, 2017
    Fix all the glitch . We are paying more than $60.There are lots of bugs,incomplete and broken. Rushed Game.Very disappointing game.Animation very BAD. You deserve to get 0 Rating. Learn from Witcher 3 or Horizon zero dawn. EA Should be name worst company in america again.
  42. Mar 21, 2017
    The game is subpar in terms of graphics and animations but the worst offense is that it is boring as a story and to play. A huge disappointment by a reputable developer
  43. Apr 12, 2017
    Sorry, but if game is released that is buggy, incomplete, broken, or otherwise not worthy of retail release, I give it a zero. None of this partial credit garbage. When a AAA franchise game gets released with some of the most basic issues with animation, design, programming, clipping, poor textures, etc, a zero to me means it isn't even worthy of a score. It has obviously not been sentSorry, but if game is released that is buggy, incomplete, broken, or otherwise not worthy of retail release, I give it a zero. None of this partial credit garbage. When a AAA franchise game gets released with some of the most basic issues with animation, design, programming, clipping, poor textures, etc, a zero to me means it isn't even worthy of a score. It has obviously not been sent through QA and polished beforehand. Let this be a warning to all the developers out there. We the gaming community will no longer pay full retail for a broken game, AND will no longer act as your free QA team to report all the problems for you AFTER we've purchased it just so you can patch it after release and save a buck not having to hire your own QA personnel. WE DON"T WORK FOR YOU. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING FOR US!!! YOUR CUSTOMERS!! Expand
  44. Mar 21, 2017
    Mass Effect 1 have beater face animations, and is 10 years old game. Voice acting is terrible. And the sedest part game is boring. I'm gonna play first two game again. If they dont patch this game, don't waist money and time
  45. Mar 21, 2017
    Art is not a democracy. It is a tyranny. We bow down before Shakespeare, Nina Simone, and Margaret Atwood because they are absolute monarchs of their craft and art. Please Bioware, hire the best.

It is breaking my heart to write this.
  46. Mar 21, 2017
    Game play is okay. Solid but nothing spectacular that will blow your mind. Characters are blends, lacks personality and character like in the previous trilogy. In the previously trilogy, they did a good job making me feel personally attached to every characters. Life and death in the original trilogy matters for me to a personal and emotional level, and I cried when I had to sacrificeGame play is okay. Solid but nothing spectacular that will blow your mind. Characters are blends, lacks personality and character like in the previous trilogy. In the previously trilogy, they did a good job making me feel personally attached to every characters. Life and death in the original trilogy matters for me to a personal and emotional level, and I cried when I had to sacrifice anyone. Even though I haven't finished this game, but if I have to sacrifice any crew mates, I would not shed a tear for these mediocre and boring characters. Expand
  47. Mar 24, 2017
    This is my 2nd review, and I have 40-plus hours in on a PS4, As such, I've revised my review down to a "1." Trying to stick it out in the hopes the game would get better was a mistake; it only grew worse -- much worse. For example, the second leg of Peebee's loyalty mission -- retrieving Remnant tech from the Remnant ruins on Havarl -- cannot be completed. Don't get me wrong, you canThis is my 2nd review, and I have 40-plus hours in on a PS4, As such, I've revised my review down to a "1." Trying to stick it out in the hopes the game would get better was a mistake; it only grew worse -- much worse. For example, the second leg of Peebee's loyalty mission -- retrieving Remnant tech from the Remnant ruins on Havarl -- cannot be completed. Don't get me wrong, you can actually complete the mission parameters by retrieving the necessary artifact; however, the game won't register the accomplishment -- so you can't complete the loyalty mission and obtain the Remnant scanner. (Don't try reloading from earlier saves either because it's useless.) Same thing happened to my friend on PS4 as well, so I know it's not just something with my copy. What happened to Bioware? Previous versions of Mass Effect were exceptional, but this is nothing short of a unmitigated train wreck. Expand
  48. Mar 21, 2017
    This deserves no Mass Affection.

I keep it short:

ME1, ME2, ME3 are about story, characters, species and relations between the latter two.

ME Andromeda tries to be the same, but it also includes new gameplay layers due to its focus on an outdated openworld concept. The result: It fails at both ME's core elements (see above) and at being a great openworld game.

Sad, but true.
  49. Mar 21, 2017
    If this was almost any other game I could forgive the animations in favour of the dynamic and more free combat and some pretty open worlds to run around in for a few hours. It would have been a perfectly average 5-6/10 game. This is not any other game. This is Mass Effect and Mass Effect has always and always will be about characters, relationships and great scenes. This is all completelyIf this was almost any other game I could forgive the animations in favour of the dynamic and more free combat and some pretty open worlds to run around in for a few hours. It would have been a perfectly average 5-6/10 game. This is not any other game. This is Mass Effect and Mass Effect has always and always will be about characters, relationships and great scenes. This is all completely destroyed when literally not one person in the game looks like the animators and programmers had time to finish them. On top of the facial animations which everyone's already torn to shreds, there's the writing and the voice acting. The writing in this game ranges from decent to laughable to absolutely horrific. Especially in the dialogue writing where people will just say the strangest things for no reason ("Sorry, my face is tired.. from everything."), or say the most cliché worn out stuff you'll ever hear. The voice acting ranges from quite good to awful. Most of the Tempest crew is alright (including the Ryder twins), but really pretty much everyone else is below all standards I could have in 2017 for a AAA game. The open worlds are pretty but largely empty and and what's there is just MMO style fetch quests with no reason to care at all. Would not recommend anyone, even a die-hard ME fanboy like myself, to buy this thing. Expand
  50. Mar 21, 2017
    I was asking myself what the heck is happening in this game... animations, full of bugs and gilitches on day 1, weird writing, shallow character design, no depth and emotion, all that doesn't make me care for the squad like the original triology did, and then i found out that this is not made by the same team that made the triology. I'll probably stick to the multiplayer for some time tillI was asking myself what the heck is happening in this game... animations, full of bugs and gilitches on day 1, weird writing, shallow character design, no depth and emotion, all that doesn't make me care for the squad like the original triology did, and then i found out that this is not made by the same team that made the triology. I'll probably stick to the multiplayer for some time till i get bored. Expand
  51. Mar 21, 2017
    Ah, how low have the great fallen. From Kotor, Baldur's gate, ME trilogy and Dragon age Origins, to this game, with a clear political agenda, at which expense the quality of the game itself has suffered.

I'll start with the positive points of this game. The return of Mako, or Nomad, as it is called in this game is great, as it brings old memories from ME1. Combat is well made in this game, though the AI is not always capable. Graphics in this game are also good.

Now about the bad things in this game, which is overwhelming.

All around this game does not deserve the Mass effect name. The writing and the story are on the level of fan-fiction, which is awkward and cringeworthy at times. This is the worst thing, as the Mass effect franchise prides itself on the amazing writing level.
    The lack of clear-cut classes limits re-playability of the game. The soundtracks are unimmersive and boring, when compared to the music in the original trilogy. The explorable planets are large, boring, where most of the activity is limited to grindy combat, just like in the Dragon age Inquisition. Facial animations are atrocious, and there are many bugs in this game. The villain in this game is boring, one-dimensional moustache-twirling Hollywood antagonist. All in all, it is a pity that Bioware has not learned from it's mistakes done in DA2, Inquisition and ME3.
  52. Mar 21, 2017
    This game's badness has left me so speechless I can't even write a review in fear of having post traumatic flashbacks of the horrors i just witnessed from this title.
  53. Mar 21, 2017
    As a old Bioware fan, this game doensn't bring the feels of a great adventure, but a repetitive game, with characters who has to show his sexuality without asking and a bad animation
  54. Mar 21, 2017
    I usually think people are too negative in their ratings on this site, this time i believe it is warranted, some may actually be way too generous. Saying that this is the worst Mass Effect in the series is easy, it really is, but the others were so good that it doesn't mean much. Sadly it is the worst Action RPG Bioware has done imo, and one of the worst released in years.

Mass Effect's

Mass Effect's success relied heavily on it narrative, well crafted characters and its dialogues. The games, like most Bioware games in the past, were so good that a direct adaptation into a movie would have been great. It was also one of the best action rpg in terms of gameplay, which is also extraordinarily important, because otherwise, it might as well just be a movie. On this aspect, this game is great and easily a match for all the previous games.

Sadly, the combat is the only good thing to return in this release, every other aspect of the game that made it the success that it was, acting, story, dialogues and characters, are not only gone, but some of the worst of the last two generations of console gaming.

I wouldn't give this game a zero simply because they got the combat part right, and whoever was in charge of that deserves a pat on the back. Every other departments, especially the animation team, deserves their 4%. The facial animations are so horrible that, even if the writing was top notch, it would still fail at engaging any kind of interest or emotions from the gamers part, other than laughter.

Once in a while you purchase a game so bad that you genuinely feel robed, this is one of those for me. Bioware, like Ubisoft, are now on my "never pre-order" list, quality just isn't there anymore.
  55. Mar 21, 2017
    After the disaster that was ME3's ending, I decided I would never pre order a game ever again. Well, my friend apparently didn't learn his lesson, and when he picked the game up today I knew I had to come over and check it out with him. What I witnessed, didn't disappoint. Some things worth noting:

-- Abosolute AMATEUR character animations, faces look flat and dull, often conveying the wrong emotion for the conversation occurring, weird walks, runs, and movement in general.
    -- Fanfic tier dialogue. Bad. Just... How can I even get this across? It plays out like some 13 year old's fantasy.
    -- Glitches. A lot of them. Characters flash in and out of frame, objectives will never resolve, and plenty of movement related bugs.
    -- The new aliens are just.. Boring and uninspired. Absolutely no sense of wonder and discovery with them, and the alien races brought with you are just rehashed stereotypes of whats already been established in the previous games.

Bioware brought this flop on its self, and the consequences from it will be well deserved. Don't bother getting this unless you find it in a discount bin, and want a good laugh.
  56. Mar 21, 2017
    How does a game that takes FIVE YEARS wind up so unpolished and rushed? Whoever is running the development team(s) needs their job evaluated. This is not our Bioware.
  57. j-s
    Mar 21, 2017
    Mass Effect Andromeda falls short of its predecessors, but it's still a competently executed open-world action RPG with an interesting world and tons of quests to complete. Its biggest shame is that it doesn't make better use of its setting, opting instead to go with more of the same. Hopefully BioWare will be more ambitious when it comes time for the inevitable sequel
  58. Mar 21, 2017
    Bioware have made a complete dud with this game. Yes it will appeal to your average Kotaku/Ploygon reading bleeding-heart liberal, but for the huge amount of us that don't fit into that category, it's a mess. Lets forget about the boring space-shooter gameplay, or the dull object scanning, or the awful "collect X amount of these things please Jeeves!" side-missions. Lets instead focus onBioware have made a complete dud with this game. Yes it will appeal to your average Kotaku/Ploygon reading bleeding-heart liberal, but for the huge amount of us that don't fit into that category, it's a mess. Lets forget about the boring space-shooter gameplay, or the dull object scanning, or the awful "collect X amount of these things please Jeeves!" side-missions. Lets instead focus on what this game is all about... being a virtual romancing sim for nerds. Well, it can't even do this right. With animimations that look on par with a 10 year old game, childish dialogue (that's probably an insult to children) wasting the time and effort voice actors put in (I'd be pretty damn angry at Bioware for that)... you'd be forgiven for thinking this game was some elaborate hoax. No its just another lazy game from Bioware, another cut n' paste RPG churned out for the rabid "do no wrong" fanbase. The average reviews should tell you everything you need to know... this game, and indeed this company, are not worth your time or money. Expand
  59. Mar 21, 2017
    Abosolutely an abomination. Pathetic excuse for a Mass Effect game and EA should be thoroughly ashamed. Please take you money else where, or go back and play ME 1 and 2.
  60. Mar 21, 2017
    Эта игра из серии''пробежал и забыл''.Убого практически все,начиная от дикой анимации и заканчивая сюжетной линией.Можно исправить ошибки и подтянуть анимацию,но от этого она интересней не станет,так и останется убогой пародией на те игры к которым мы привыкли.Игре не хватает оригинальности,той интриги которые мы ощущали в прошлых сериях.Я уверен,что если бы игру делали разработчикиЭта игра из серии''пробежал и забыл''.Убого практически все,начиная от дикой анимации и заканчивая сюжетной линией.Можно исправить ошибки и подтянуть анимацию,но от этого она интересней не станет,так и останется убогой пародией на те игры к которым мы привыкли.Игре не хватает оригинальности,той интриги которые мы ощущали в прошлых сериях.Я уверен,что если бы игру делали разработчики первого состава Biowar,то это действительно бы было достойное продолжение масс эффекта.А на данный момент имеем просто громкое название на огромной куче навоза. Expand
  61. Mar 22, 2017
    I don't understand. Why? Why did Bioware simply **** the bed so violently? The first mission unto itself was a miserable ****show- the dialogue was mildly decent, but the combat just felt so awkward and unfair to the point where I instantly uninstalled the game and asked for a refund after my sixth death. Mind you, I've played through Insanity on ME3 multiple times- at least ME3 gave you aI don't understand. Why? Why did Bioware simply **** the bed so violently? The first mission unto itself was a miserable ****show- the dialogue was mildly decent, but the combat just felt so awkward and unfair to the point where I instantly uninstalled the game and asked for a refund after my sixth death. Mind you, I've played through Insanity on ME3 multiple times- at least ME3 gave you a way to fight back and to be tactical about the game, but this was just a miserable, half-baked experience. Combat has turned into "pray your squadmates will use their ability at the right time" instead of "pick a squad that shores up the weakness of your character and manage their cooldowns correctly." I'm actually impressed at how well Bioware managed to destroy that. The animation bugs only added to my sense of dread as I fired up the game, and the fact that the pupils of the characters are so **** massive only creeped me out the longer I played up until I uninstalled and asked for my refund. Like, how did those massive eye voids even make it past Q&A? How did the game make it past Q&A? Did Bioware employ no **** playtesters or something? This is such a huge disappointment if the game can't even hook Mass Effect veterans despite it being the "next generation of Mass Effect games." I hope my refund gets through, my sixty dollars has so many better places to go towards. Expand
  62. Mar 21, 2017
    Unbelievable. I am truly at a loss of words, I don't know how to start this review. This is by far the WORST game in the series and ME3 was a hard one to top in terms of disappointment.

The animation The teen-flick level dialog The fan fiction writing The lighting The flawed physics, almost "fake" fighting I couldn't finish it, I honestly could not take myself seriously while I

The animation
    The teen-flick level dialog
    The fan fiction writing
    The lighting
    The flawed physics, almost "fake" fighting

I couldn't finish it, I honestly could not take myself seriously while I played the game. Luckily I got a return from the story and will soon play through NeiR: Automata. This was Bioware's chance to clean up its image and lest it be known that they have FAILED.

Mass Defect.
  63. Mar 21, 2017
    This is a typical EA/Bioware formula game. Generic, sophomoric, unoriginal, cut & paste version of what this game could have been. It has poor writing, poor interfaces and poor design. Bioware is no longer the company it once was and these games are proving it.
  64. Mar 21, 2017
    This is the result of allowing SJW's and liberal progressives to dictate your game design. . By pandering to feminism all the women now look like caricatures of Jay Leno. The facial animations are terrible with women that look too comical to be believed.

The majority of people like looking at sexy people, its a fact of life get over it. Hilarious walking animations and many other cliches to numerous to bother mentioning. I can't even be bothered to finish it, worst game of the year so far. Commander shepherd is rolling in his grave, Sad.
  65. Mar 21, 2017
    Absolute garbage and waste of my money, very bad game. Full of glitches and bugs, boring gameplay and terrible story and animations. Poorly optimized, everything about this game is an epic failure, how could this have happened?
  66. Mar 21, 2017
    Игра просто пиздец ребята. Одни баги вылеты, плойка рвется от нее. Анимация ужасна, диалоги слабые, озвучка отвратительная, локализация полна отсебятины. ЭТО ПРОВАЛ
  67. Mar 21, 2017
    The dialogue in this game makes me cringe and the exposition is so blunt. Whatever happened to subtlety? It's like this game is the product of bad fanfiction. The plot is predictable and the characters are one dimensional.
    The theme of the Mass Effect series is dated at this point. This game is the extreme opposite of No Man's Sky. No Man's Sky constantly reminds you how meaningless you are, where this game constantly reminds you how important you are. One game is for nihilists and one game is for people with a messiah complex. Either way, both extremes are either the product of bad writing or sloppy design. Take your pick.
    The gameplay is nothing you have not seen before in an open world game with RPG elements. You will spend your time completing an absurdly long checklist, which either involves going from point X to point Y or tracking down someone for a cringe-inducing conversation. Finally, the graphics aren't special. I would recommend you spend your time elsewhere.
  68. Mar 21, 2017
    Well i was so disappointed about this game, so i had to create an account here to just warn those guys who want to buy and play this "game". There is nothing familiar with mass effect universe except may be music. Animation in dialogues is disgusting, story line is so bad you don't wanna wait for the end. Garbage. Do not waste your money. Bioware is dead.
  69. Mar 21, 2017
    A total disaster. A bland story without soul, stupid characters, technical flaws in the animations that destroy emotional involvement with them and changes in combat that make them simpler than the previous ones. A turd covered with silk. A loss of money and time
  70. Mar 21, 2017
    Плюсы:
    Оно наконец-то вышло.
    Можно побегать до релиза какой-нибудь другой игры получше. Неплохие виды (и в космосе и на планетах). Сиськи (подозреваю что это единственное на что вообще были потрачены хоть какие-то деньги и время). Минусы: 1000 и 1 задание про сканирование (и вообще очень много тупейшего гринда). Сюжет расчитанный на младший школьный возраст. Невероятно
    Плюсы:
    Оно наконец-то вышло.
    Можно побегать до релиза какой-нибудь другой игры получше.
    Неплохие виды (и в космосе и на планетах).

Минусы:
    1000 и 1 задание про сканирование (и вообще очень много тупейшего гринда).
    Сюжет расчитанный на младший школьный возраст.
    Невероятно отвратительная реализация анимаций.
    Десятки критических багов.

Почему сделали фигово они, а стыдно за игру мне?
  71. Mar 21, 2017
    It's 2017 for gods sake. Worst game ever this year. Are they right in their head to release this?

- Animations are inexcusable (worst i ever saw in a decade) - Face animations is garbage, lifeless eyes, they don't even move the heads properly - Bugs amount is out of control - Bland and boring main story - Voice acting and music uninspiring - Soulless and empty feeling even in

- Animations are inexcusable (worst i ever saw in a decade)
    - Bugs amount is out of control
    - Bland and boring main story
    - Voice acting and music uninspiring
    - Soulless and empty feeling even in crowded places (the npc most of the time only stands)

+ Nice space views to look from ship

After Witcher 3 the bar for games was rised quite high. Couldn't even force myself to finish the game. Everyone who bought should demand refund.
  72. Mar 21, 2017
    Other critical and user reviews have talked extensively about the animation, voice acting, story, and general bugs. What I want to talk about is the combat, particularly for anyone on the fence about getting this game. Most of the reviews have been praising the combat. And that's fair, to a point. It's pretty solid third-person corridor shooting. The cover shooting works surprisingly well,Other critical and user reviews have talked extensively about the animation, voice acting, story, and general bugs. What I want to talk about is the combat, particularly for anyone on the fence about getting this game. Most of the reviews have been praising the combat. And that's fair, to a point. It's pretty solid third-person corridor shooting. The cover shooting works surprisingly well, and doesn't constantly trip you up the way it does in most games like this. That said, it's ultimately just alright. If you liked the shooting and upgrade system in the original Mass Effect, you'll like this, because it's a more polished version. But it doesn't raise the game up on its own, nor does it make up for other flaws.

If you're not sure whether or not to buy this game, don't use the combat and character upgrade system as the deciding vote. It's good enough to keep you interested, but if you don't like the surrounding elements, it isn't enough.
  73. Mar 21, 2017
    After 8 hours I can certanlly say that this games was Rushed, the gampleplay is the best in the series, but the story doesnt't make sense, the planets are deserts, I got bored at the 3rd hour, when are we going to learn space stuff is not ready yet? don't waste your money on nerd's games.
  74. Mar 21, 2017
    The dialogue wheel and dialogue "choices". Since this topic hurts my very soul, I will go further punishing myself, with a question that pretty much summarises what I think about it: "- Why did you even bother?"
    - The Combat/gameplay. Well, what can I say, other than it's no longer a Mass Effect game, thanks to the combat. The same thing that happened with DAI. Gone is the
    The Combat/gameplay. Well, what can I say, other than it's no longer a Mass Effect game, thanks to the combat. The same thing that happened with DAI. Gone is the tactical/RPG/SQUAD based combat. There is no pause any more. There is no tactically using the abilities of your squadmates. THE VERY THING THAT MADE MASS EFFECT DIFFERENT FROM ANY OTHER GENERIC 3rd Person shooter. Yeah, we've lost that. It's gone.

Speaking of that, I am not going into the multiplayer, because It's not something I'm interested in, nor I care about.

Also, the watering down of the "class" system, turning it into this "jack of all trades" skyrim type **** I will not go into details about my personal "hate" of these kinds of systems. The reason for this is the same as the reason we saw it in Skyrim - laziness. Because it takes all kinds of effort to balance different classes, and we know that with companies, "effort" means "costing more money".
    The infamous animations. I won't say much about them, because they've already turned the game into the biggest meme-generator of 2017.
    The writing. It's simply abysmal. It's very hard to get immersed in this supposedly story/character driven game, when the words that come out of everybody's "tired" faces are nonsensical and sometimes worse than fanfiction. What HAPPENED with the writing? Also, the whole setting/story is boring and uninspiring.
    The characters. Well, I'm not going to go into them much, because I know that this could also be considered a subjective thing. For me though, they are terrible. "Bethesda-facepalm" level terrible.
    - - -
    The sound design, in particular some of the alien voices. It's like they didn't even try.
    Also, the "music" some times was atrocious. Like in the Vortex. So generic and annoying.
    - - -
    Bugs (some gamebreaking), glitches and overall lack of polish of nearly any aspect, which leads to the conclusion of a rushed product. A rushed 5-year-in-development product, if that is possible.
    - - -
    And then we get to the character creator. A very huge thing in these kinds of games. So what's going on with it? Well, basically it has been completely butcherred, to the point that for the most part it's non-existent. It's more like character "selector".
    - - -
    We are talking Ubisoft's The Division level of laziness here. You have 9 scanned heads for each gender, of wich you can pretty much change only the hair, make up (and the choices are ridiculous btw), and a very limited skin tone slider (more on that later). There is virtually NO customization of the faces. You know, one of THE BIGGEST things these games, creating your own avatar. People like me spend many hours in character creators, tweaking.

We all know that the CC in the previous games were never that great. But at least you could create unique and different faces. Changing different fetaures like eye shape, nose shape, mouth shape, brow shape and so on. In andromeda, you can't do that. Since the heads are scanned (although as a character artist myself, I can think of several ways to create the system in a way, that this would be non-issue). Which is simply sad. They didn't put any effort into this very essential aspect of the game.

To be honest, I did not expected this to happen. The last remaing RPG feature of this game, to simply be crapped on to such extend. It's honestly the deal breaker for me. Not to mention the fact that Bioware lied, when they said that they will not change the CC much from DAI. But I guess the only thing that they didn't change (or dumbed down), was the color wheel for some things like eye color and makeup.
    - - -
    Now I'm not going much into the obvious "Political Correctness" and SJW agendas, splashed all over this game, one of which is the uglification of the females. I can get geeky and nit picky with this one till we all get "asari" in the face, but I won't. There is more about it around the web.

But the thing that goes too far, is the lack of white character presets for the females. Aside from most likely catering to regressive feminists like Sarkeesian, the fact there are purposefully no white presets is simply a disgrace.

Not because I'm offended personally or whatever **** the apologists will throw at me, but because when you do something like that, you are intentionally igniting/creating racial tension amongst the community. This to me is so wrong, so sick and twisted, that I have no words for it. This thing alone is enough of a reason to boycott the studio and the publisher. And when you see things like this happening, some people like Manveer Heir start to make a whole lot more sense.
    CONCLUSION
    As a game that carries the "Mass Effect" name (to sell itself), and all the expectations that comes with that, it's a 1.
  75. Mar 21, 2017
    Game developed without "heart" and a thousand production problems.

The members of the old Bioware are gone,and it shows.

(PS: not EVER buy on day one)
  76. Mar 21, 2017
    It's just bad. The major studios are so out of touch. Thankfully we have studios who listen to their player base and take the time to do QC before releasing (CD Projekt Red). Glitches, bugs, awful face models, bad textures, limited options, poorly written story line. And on top of all this they shoe-horn in their political agendas. I want to play games to escape my reality; not haveIt's just bad. The major studios are so out of touch. Thankfully we have studios who listen to their player base and take the time to do QC before releasing (CD Projekt Red). Glitches, bugs, awful face models, bad textures, limited options, poorly written story line. And on top of all this they shoe-horn in their political agendas. I want to play games to escape my reality; not have divisive, polarizing, current political and societal drama thrown in my face. Games are supposed to be fun, stop overthinking them. Expand
  77. Mar 21, 2017
    It's a rushed mess. Buggy to the point it's a meme. Boring gameplay. Bad writing. It's a shame because bioware used to make good games. Don't waste your time or money.
  78. Mar 21, 2017
    Sorry but can't go with theses animations who are essential for the story, the choices are not impactful, the gameplay is ok, better than on previous mass effect but it's not enough to be very enjoyable.
    At least the game is beautiful,
  79. Mar 21, 2017
    I was expecting a good story with awesome characters, bur everything about this garbage is lifeless and banal. It's like they tapped the B Team of noobs to make this. It seems like most of it is just cut and paste and then someone tried to "fix" it and make it more organic which just destroyed it even more.
  80. Mar 21, 2017
    They've ruined one the best game trilogies out there.
    This used to be one of the best rpgs, with epic story, characters that you would actual care about and their plots. In mass effect andromeda, there is nothing there.
  81. Apr 1, 2017
    BUYER BEWARE! Mass Effect Andromeda is absolutely and completely broken. I have had exactly THREE GAME BREAKING BUGS that have completely stopped my progress in this game and forced me to restart. EA help has been non-existent. When you mix that in with being killed repeatedly by invisible enemies, and no I don't mean cloaked enemies, I mean glitched out and invisible enemies that don'tBUYER BEWARE! Mass Effect Andromeda is absolutely and completely broken. I have had exactly THREE GAME BREAKING BUGS that have completely stopped my progress in this game and forced me to restart. EA help has been non-existent. When you mix that in with being killed repeatedly by invisible enemies, and no I don't mean cloaked enemies, I mean glitched out and invisible enemies that don't show up on your radar or screen, but can be shot and killed and can kill you, then you know just how broken this game is. Or how about when clearing out a multi tiered structure for a mission, and upon completion of said mission, you walk out the front door victorious only to see all of the turrets and a full company of bad guys that you had just previously destroyed have suddenly respawned and kill you, causing you to replay the last part of the mission again, and forcing you to try and run past the respawned enemies because after the final mission battle you are left beaten and battered and in no condition do deal with these glitches!!! This game is the Mass Effect equivalent of Dragon Age 2 in that it is three steps backwards in every way from it's predecessor. The combat is non responsive and frustrating. Your teammates are absolutely useless because you cannot command them beyond go there and come here. Unlike in ME3 where you could slow down time and switch characters. In this way, developing and skilling up your squad mates was useful because you could switch to them and precisely use their specific abilities to fill in for your own. You could also specifically place you squad mates to be most effective, which added a deeper level of strategy to the combat not found in action rpgs. This system that was so good in ME3 is just gone from ME Androgynous. Oh, and this isn't even mentioning the fugly character models, the ugly romance options and the fact that this was intentionally done because the entire game was made by SJW retards who were more concerned with shoving their ideology down my throat then making a good game, a fact that I didn't know until after purchase.

All in all, the graphics suck, the combat is horrible, the AI is retarded, your squad mates are useless, the character models are ugly, the acting is terrible, the story is horrendous, and the entire game is buggy as all hell.
    My Recommendation? AVOID THIS GAME AT ALL COSTS!!! IF YOU HAVE MASS EFFECT ANDROGYNOUS, SELL IT BEFORE IT DROPS ANY MORE IN VALUE!!!
  82. May 20, 2017
    Its not a horrible game but its not an Amazing game as well. The Original Trilogy is way better on many level the facial animation are 10 times better in the original than in this one. I finished my first playtrought in like 90 hours and in those 90 hours i might had like 20 hours i enjoyed. The rest was mostly moving from one point to another in the Nomad the 6 wheel exploration vehicleIts not a horrible game but its not an Amazing game as well. The Original Trilogy is way better on many level the facial animation are 10 times better in the original than in this one. I finished my first playtrought in like 90 hours and in those 90 hours i might had like 20 hours i enjoyed. The rest was mostly moving from one point to another in the Nomad the 6 wheel exploration vehicle they give you at the beginning and he is clearly overused. The only good redeeming things in the game is the Combat which got improved by the use of Jumping and Dashing. But still its not enough to carry the game by itself the voice actor are kinda bad the main character both gender has no charisma and the open world for me is the worst part its Extremely Empty and boring to explore i never saw such generic planets a Mars like planet, Asteroid,Desert,Ice planet, a mountain planet and finally a jungle that doesn't look half bad. I wished they would had more Story mission and Loyalty mission than empty planet i can explore. The soundtrack is forgettable the visual style on some part doesn't feel like mass effect especially the armors. The multiplayer while great is horde mode with loot-box kinda like Mass Effect 3 without any real upgrade. Also i almost forgot the game is optimized like ass and sometime i get 10 to 15 fps in the tempest a closed area with no fight and not a lot of characters and Facial animations were an abomination upon release the fixed a couple of them with patches but still. And finally most of the race from the original trilogy are absent Quarians batarian,Volus,Elcor,Hanar,Vorcha,yahg and Drells are completely absent of the entire game except a little mention at the end do you feel the DLC's or sequel bait i do. Expand
  83. Mar 21, 2017
    Please ME fanboys, don't support this unfinished game. It is not $60 worth. We have Miranda in the past, now, the game has only ugly female characters, it is not fair. I hope that Bioware can learn with mistakes and do a better game that indeed will make people enjoy it.
  84. Mar 21, 2017
    Absolute garbage.
    EA has to learn that releasing unpolished product will bite them in the ass.
    Animations are dreadful.
    Story is dreadful filled with emotionless characters.
  85. Mar 22, 2017
    You know what I liked to do in the previous mass effect games? I liked to plan out fights, slow down the combat. I also liked giving orders and commands to my ai partners. I liked giving one partner a sniper rifle and setting him up in a sniper position and ordering other characters to use specific skills during a fight.
    ME: A has none of that. The AI are empty shells that look like
    ME: A has none of that. The AI are empty shells that look like mannequins without a soul. The SJW crowd ruined another game with their anti white drivel. I was trying to make an all white character only to be able to choose slightly tanned skin color. 2 male gay characters and 3 lesbians are basically your crew. A black character that sounds like TUPAC 220 years into the future. This game is brutal and a disgrace to the wonderful trilogy and yes I kinda liked mass effect 3.
  86. Mar 21, 2017
    I'm just so angry of this **** game and SJWare. The facial animation and female characters are just ridiculous and ugly af. I still cannot believe that SJWare spent FIVE years and 40 million$ on this game. They are so rude and unrespectful to the fans and Mass Effect comunity by making such a disgusting game. I'm so angry right now typing this and the game should be named MESS Effect instead.
  87. Mar 21, 2017
    Bioware can suck it! Propaganda at it's finest. They should just change thier name to SocialWare, since the main premise of this game is all about how many snowfakes you can pack onto this sorry excuse of a snowman.
  88. Mar 21, 2017
    This is not Mass Effect.The game with familiar names,merely to make the brand.Pros - good graphics,performance,mechanics and all.Technical problems,lots of bugs,ugly facial animations,boring story,very boring dialogue,baby dialogue,I don't know who wrote it it's very funny,no memory of the characters at all.Pretty monotonous gameplay,it comes down to scanning,go about scan,it.What theThis is not Mass Effect.The game with familiar names,merely to make the brand.Pros - good graphics,performance,mechanics and all.Technical problems,lots of bugs,ugly facial animations,boring story,very boring dialogue,baby dialogue,I don't know who wrote it it's very funny,no memory of the characters at all.Pretty monotonous gameplay,it comes down to scanning,go about scan,it.What the hell?You think it is interesting gameplay??The scan simulator!Empty locations,the spirit of inquiry do not have,for you have all opened.This game is even worse than No man's Sky in terms of exploration,No man's sky worse. 4/10 Worst game of the year,do not buy! Expand
  89. Mar 21, 2017
    Where are the hard choices, the deep character and compelling narrative? this is an RPG/Shooter not a shooter game. Nail that right first before including new features combat is good but sacrificed the RPG elements. The only thing they did right is the environment visuals. But what will i do with vistas when the story is bland and characters just plain? Should have just made a new gameWhere are the hard choices, the deep character and compelling narrative? this is an RPG/Shooter not a shooter game. Nail that right first before including new features combat is good but sacrificed the RPG elements. The only thing they did right is the environment visuals. But what will i do with vistas when the story is bland and characters just plain? Should have just made a new game instead. or better yet delay the game for 2 mo or 1 year. Oh well time to cash grab through multiplayer micro-transactions Expand
  90. Mar 21, 2017
    Bioware has been releasing worse and worse games over time. This tendency culminates here, in a franchise so many people love turning into a shell of what it was. Uninspired writing, dead eyes, horrendous animations, forgettable characters... The gameplay is better than in mass effect 3, but compared with current games it still feels dated. I wanted this game to be a 10 since the previousBioware has been releasing worse and worse games over time. This tendency culminates here, in a franchise so many people love turning into a shell of what it was. Uninspired writing, dead eyes, horrendous animations, forgettable characters... The gameplay is better than in mass effect 3, but compared with current games it still feels dated. I wanted this game to be a 10 since the previous trilogy is one of my favorite franchises ever, but I just can't justify Bioware's lack of effort anymore. Expand
  91. Mar 21, 2017
    It panders to the SJW community quite thoroughly. Word to the wise- if you do play the game, and decide to play as a female character- make your own model. Do not use the presets or you will see you will loose your immersion into the game because you cant keep a straight face. =D
  92. Mar 21, 2017
    Худшая игра 21 века. 0 из 10 заслуженная оценка! Молодцы пивовары!
    Более казуальной игры не найти, более ужасной анимации не найти, более убого сюжета не найти, более ужасного геймплея не найти, более ужасного гринда я не видел. Верните деньги, мошенники!
    Худшая игра 21 века. 0 из 10 заслуженная оценка! Молодцы пивовары!
  93. Mar 22, 2017
    Poorly animated characters shouting nonsense in a game that doesnt work. I have to wonder how this was released to the public. It's not a game, it's a mistake
  94. ke
    Mar 21, 2017
    If you like to laugh about bugs you will love this garbage.
    The emotional face animations let you laugh so hard that your character will fall through the ground.
  95. Mar 21, 2017
    What is this? BioWare WTF? No Man's Sky was horrible, but Mass Effect: Andromeda is worst.
    Nothing in this game is memorable. The better part is when the game ends.

Mass Effect: Andromeda and Halo Wars 2 are the wort games of the year.
  96. Mar 21, 2017
    This game is very bad.
    It has no redeeming feautures.
    There are lots of bugs, gameplay is carbon copy of me3 with worst elements taken straight from inquisition(short main story, mmo fetchquests etc.) writing is laughable. Story was probably written by 17 yr kid. Characters are cliche and bad cliches at that. This game doesnt even care about established lore. Oh and animations are one
    This game is very bad.
    It has no redeeming feautures.
    Oh and animations are one of worst i have ever seen. PS3 launch titles had better animation.
    Its hard to recommend this to anyone.
    This is NOT Mass Effect, it has nothing similar with previous games.
    Mass Effect in name only.
  97. Mar 21, 2017
    The technical problems of the game are things that should've been fixed before release. The technical issues can be fixed with patches and updates though. However, you can't patch horrible dialogue and amateur voice acting. A below average game, made by a below average development team. I want my money and my time back.
  98. Mar 21, 2017
    I can not even continue from my trial because the game doesn;t see the saves in your my documents folder, and even disabling cloud, still uses cloud - so they lied about being able to continue your trial.

Wasted time and money, this makes me hate the game. i do not recommend it, the girls/women in the game have all been hit by the ugly baseball bat and thier animations are stoic robotic like drone -like animations.

Anytime you start a new game, you have to go through 45 minutes of forced media and introductions without any ability to hit spacebar to skip it or ESC to get out of it, AND you can not save for the first hour.

Real **** in trying to start over. Hate you EA !
  99. Mar 21, 2017
    An unfortunate addition to a once-great series. Rife with bugs that cause skips in quest scripting, thus requiring the abandonment of the quest altogether, poor voice acting, perhaps the worst examples of animation in the current generation, and watered down gameplay, Andromeda is better forgotten on by fans of the series and Bioware in general.
  100. Mar 21, 2017
    What a way to ruin a franchise by bad animation, bad acting, bad story, bugs, etc. Stop indoctrinating fiction with political and liberal bs. They seem to be doing this across the board with many franchises and even classic fairy tales like Beauty and the Beast. Stop polluting fictional work and make a proper science fiction game. Example. Remember Aliens? Not a game but part of theWhat a way to ruin a franchise by bad animation, bad acting, bad story, bugs, etc. Stop indoctrinating fiction with political and liberal bs. They seem to be doing this across the board with many franchises and even classic fairy tales like Beauty and the Beast. Stop polluting fictional work and make a proper science fiction game. Example. Remember Aliens? Not a game but part of the entertainment world.. James Cameron said Sigourney asked a lot of questions why she has to use guns in it, that she actually loves the alien. etc. Even James Cameron had to say no to those liberal ideas.. that's not how the story of Ripley works and bringing in current political views doesn't make for a good story. We all know how those ideas turned out in Alien Resurrection. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 61 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 19, 2017
    It might be the biggest, most complex and action packed game in the franchise, but Mass Effect: Andromeda is also the least convincing one. The dated facial animations, the inconsistent writing quality and the regularly occurring bugs take you out of the experience too often. On top of that, BioWare has not used the concept of a whole new universe to its full potential, which often makes it feel like Mass Effect: Andromeda has not left our Milky Way at all.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jul 7, 2017
    While it’s underwhelming in places, there’s a lot to like as you venture into the weirder parts of Andromeda. Frequent technical issues hamper the experience a bit, as does an uninspiring main story. [June 2017, p66]
  3. Games Master UK
    Jun 6, 2017
    A welcome, if slightly patch return for Mass Effect. The script has problems, but combat is bloody brilliant. [May 2017, p.62]