7.7

1. Apr 6, 2019
    San Diego studios continues to focus on on diamond dynasty to make even more money while laying waste to franchise mode. Their big improvements has season to franchise? 3 extra blades of grass, a side line reporter and stadium music. Not fixing the fact that you could have an MVP season with 50 homers, 160 RBI bat .330 while winning the gold glove and silver slugger yet having your playerSan Diego studios continues to focus on on diamond dynasty to make even more money while laying waste to franchise mode. Their big improvements has season to franchise? 3 extra blades of grass, a side line reporter and stadium music. Not fixing the fact that you could have an MVP season with 50 homers, 160 RBI bat .330 while winning the gold glove and silver slugger yet having your player drop 20pts in every gatagory in the offseason because he isn't 28. Not fixing the fact that your team can win 100 games and the World Series yet every player drops 15pts overall in the offseason. That's where they need to focus all of their energy and efforts. Not on diamond dynasty to make millions of dollars more. Not on a stupid side line reporter or music. This series is trash. Just like Madden. All they care about is making millions upon millions of dollars AFTER release, not the actual crappy game play or how crappy franchise runs. Don't get the game. Wait 5 years... maybe they will get the hint. Expand
  2. Mar 26, 2019
    I play the Show every year. If you have never played the Show And you love baseball, I suggest you play it and for first timers I would give this game a 9. But for people who are expecting a much improved game from last year, you are better off saving your 60 bucks and continue to play Show 18 because nothing besides a few camera angles has changed. The graphics look exactly the same. ItsI play the Show every year. If you have never played the Show And you love baseball, I suggest you play it and for first timers I would give this game a 9. But for people who are expecting a much improved game from last year, you are better off saving your 60 bucks and continue to play Show 18 because nothing besides a few camera angles has changed. The graphics look exactly the same. Its basically just a roster update. Expand
  3. Mar 26, 2019
    The Show never disappoints. I consider the release date for the game a holiday every year. Absolutely a fantastic game.
  4. Mar 27, 2019
    While MLB the Show 19 is an overall great game -- the lack of innovation around two of the games 3 main modes leave users wishing they had more. I've been a long-time fan of the series and have always purchased a copy. That said the two modes I play the most are Road to the Show and Franchise. Franchise has had almost no upgrades at all -- only minorly tweaking how contracts work forWhile MLB the Show 19 is an overall great game -- the lack of innovation around two of the games 3 main modes leave users wishing they had more. I've been a long-time fan of the series and have always purchased a copy. That said the two modes I play the most are Road to the Show and Franchise. Franchise has had almost no upgrades at all -- only minorly tweaking how contracts work for players. RTTS received some minor upgrades, but they're far from great. They re-used literally all the dialogue from last year's game and merely added 'personality' traits assigned to the choices. Simply, it's incredibly boring to anyone who played RTTS 18 and I'm furious that reviewers have not cited them for this lazy choice.

That said, the ways they refined gameplay has been nice and their small visual upgrades have been noticed. I'm super disappointed this year but I have hope the developers will figure out their way in the future.
  5. Mar 28, 2019
    They nailed it with this year's edition... all previous versions are utterly obsolete in comparison. New player animations makes defense look completely authentic. Errors now look like errors. They also found an excellent way to represent the true capabilities of the players defensive skills, adding in bad jumps for outfielders, as well as far more accurate physics off the walls.

All of

All of the worst online exploits are gone, thankfully. No more scoring a runner from second on a ground ball because an infielder couldn't get the throw off in time. No more quick turn-around from a dead run on a stolen base attempt, the runner slips every time. If the runner tries to get back to 1st after stopping mid-steal, they are cut down consistently as in the real game. Bunting has been revised, the physics remodeled, and the act itself made more difficult, as it is in the real game. The squeeze exploit is now gone. If you are good at controlling the running game using a combination of the slide step, pick off attempts and pitch outs, and you have a halfway decent catcher arm and accuracy, you can regularly cut down most players other than the very fastest, making the steal attempt the poor decision it actually is in most circumstances in the real game. Many online players will just run themselves right out of games as they attempt to steal far too often and with players who don't have the proper attributes. When that success rate is less than 73-74%, players are just giving away outs.

Hitting is also much improved, as they have made the game more realistic and greatly reduced the players dependency on home runs to mash their way to wins. It doesn't work like that any more, as pitchers have been given a HR/9 stat which is the equalizer. Picking up the pitch out of the pitchers hand is also easier, as is the quickness in which you can differentiate between balls and strikes. All hitters, even the ones with poor attributes, are now legitimate threats at getting a hit in any given AB, as I felt the '18 game really made lesser players as well as contact hitters seem truly inept and didn't give them nearly enough hit power when putting the ball in play. This is a huge fix.

I only use the Dynasty mode, not a fan of the Road to the Show mode. The new March to October mode seems alright, although I really don't care for the RTTS defensive moments. Conquest is still tedious and unnecessarily time consuming, having to burn a lot of time clearing hundreds of honeycombs.

The only other thing I think the game should do is dynamically determine the appropriate skill level for every single player which is then applied to all challenges, all modes.

Also not a fan of the pay-to-win set up, where anyone can easily buy their way to unlocking any 2 of 99 Mays, 99 Pudge or 99 Hornsby just by buying up all the players and then forfeiting the right to resell any of them. But, fortunately, the ranking system ensures that all those who build stacked teams will only play others with relatively equally stacked teams.

But, all in all, this game is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! Without a doubt the greatest baseball sim ever made, tremendous improvements to the game play make it undoubtedly the best version of the long-running Show series. If you are a fan of the series, ditch your 18 game and pony up the $60... you'll be very happy you did.
  6. Mar 30, 2019
    This game looks stunning, no doubt. But this game turns into a pay to win franchise. People with money can buy stubs and with these stubs they can buy packs and filling their DD team full of diamond players. Players with no money are in disadvantage. No chance to compete online against players who can afford money and building a strong team with all diamond players. This is totaly unfair.This game looks stunning, no doubt. But this game turns into a pay to win franchise. People with money can buy stubs and with these stubs they can buy packs and filling their DD team full of diamond players. Players with no money are in disadvantage. No chance to compete online against players who can afford money and building a strong team with all diamond players. This is totaly unfair. I love this game, but it looks like SDS only cares about money. They should make 2 modes online... One for the players buying stubs and one without. Here rest my case. Expand
  7. Apr 29, 2019
    I love baseball and have been a gamer since pong and asteroids. I enjoyed 18 but 19 has so many flaws I am not having fun with it. Defense is so bad and not just bad fielders, Mays has issues on fly balls. Just had a new one to me and my final straw to write a bad review. Line drive to the wall, batter runs to second base but walks last 20' to second. Center fielder throws ball in andI love baseball and have been a gamer since pong and asteroids. I enjoyed 18 but 19 has so many flaws I am not having fun with it. Defense is so bad and not just bad fielders, Mays has issues on fly balls. Just had a new one to me and my final straw to write a bad review. Line drive to the wall, batter runs to second base but walks last 20' to second. Center fielder throws ball in and gets him out because he walked. Way too many line drives caught. For me that was it. Will try again in 20, maybe. Expand
  8. Oct 11, 2019
    I'm not a person who buys baseball every year, so I don't have the complaint of it being similar to last year's game or anything. However, I love this game. Unlike other sports titles, the game pretty much plays out exactly how the games will play out in real life. You have the option to play through it fast, or play it slow and watch the games. It's an overall great time if you love baseball.
  9. May 29, 2019
    If I was rating this game purely on its cover athlete, it would get an F--. I'm not gonna patty cake around it, I'm a pretty steady fanboy of The Show. I love baseball and even at its worst, this game does, what I feel is a better job than most other sports games, capture the spirit of the game. This year's installment feels more natural than ever before. As an avid RTTS player, I love theIf I was rating this game purely on its cover athlete, it would get an F--. I'm not gonna patty cake around it, I'm a pretty steady fanboy of The Show. I love baseball and even at its worst, this game does, what I feel is a better job than most other sports games, capture the spirit of the game. This year's installment feels more natural than ever before. As an avid RTTS player, I love the way they have implemented personality. The only nitpicky things I have that don't even add up to that much is that I would like to see rain delays/doubleheaders in RTTS. Also, I'd LOVE the option to argue calls and get rung up, thus impacting my players clubhouse role. Expand
  10. Apr 4, 2019
    Still remains the best baseball experience since EA's MVP Baseball series. It's hard to give any sports game much higher than an 8 to be honest. If you look at the trend it seems that every year they hold off on adding features to specific game modes every year only to do it the next year. That is the scam of the every year sporting game. This year Road to the Show has a ton of newStill remains the best baseball experience since EA's MVP Baseball series. It's hard to give any sports game much higher than an 8 to be honest. If you look at the trend it seems that every year they hold off on adding features to specific game modes every year only to do it the next year. That is the scam of the every year sporting game. This year Road to the Show has a ton of new features and then they added March to October, with franchise mode completely unchanged. Next year, franchise mode will get an overhaul and RTTS will be unchanged. It's just the way it goes with every sports game fix this leave that for next year to sell the new product. There isn't enough competition with-in the markets because they are dominated by the few. EA owns the NFL and NHL, 2K has NBA and Playstation has got the show. Anyways, i love RTTS so i was happy with the changes. It's legit an RPG for sports fans. Expand
  11. Nov 15, 2019
    Ill be quick with this review, basically its biggest problem is the amount of luck based game play. This sucks to because the game is very fun content wise, there is always something to do, and the best part is you don't have to spend a penny, my team is 92 overall and I haven't spent a single dollar.
  12. Mar 27, 2019
    Gets a little (stress little) better every year: uniforms are better, gameplay is better, graphics in general are better. I love the franchise and video game baseball so that's good and enough for me to buy it every year. If you have The Show 18 it's probably not necessary to buy this unless you are a devoted VG baseball player.
  13. Mar 26, 2019
    Everything has improved in MLB The Show 19! In MLB The Show 18 power hitters were over-powered, and contact hitters were under-whelming. The developers finally got the balance right this year as contact hitters are highly effective in the game! Better fielding, hundreds of new animations, and some new game modes such as March To October are also nice additions to the series this year. IfEverything has improved in MLB The Show 19! In MLB The Show 18 power hitters were over-powered, and contact hitters were under-whelming. The developers finally got the balance right this year as contact hitters are highly effective in the game! Better fielding, hundreds of new animations, and some new game modes such as March To October are also nice additions to the series this year. If you love Major League Baseball I highly recommend MLB The Show 19! Expand
  14. Apr 1, 2019
    *Agree or not, I've probably played over 300+ online games each iteration of this series over the past 5 years, so more than likely I know more about this series than you* (also note im mostly reviewing the online).
    Ah.. the casualization of this series continues, year 2. You play a online game then expect a lot of bloop hits, a lot of hits with late timing, the nerfing of offspeed pitch to the ground, the increased "rng" of pitching now, I've never seen so many hangers and pitches down the middle in my life playing this game. You play against anyone who is half decent expect a 10-9 game. The outfielding play is weird this year also, they're stiff and the automated animations sometimes screw up, (a lazy fly and the of jogs and sticks his gloves up casually only to miss and have the ball roll all the way back for a triple). Literally the only online improvement they made was getting rid of the base running exploits and stuff. I don't like the way this series is going. Hey sony san diego! go back to when getting perfect timing=hits and line drives, ala mlb 17.
  15. Mar 27, 2019
    I love this years edition. This is the first year where the career mode really feels like it has the RPG elements they have been aiming for. Diamond dynasty has all the online multi-player modes as before but has added some solo stuff as well if you just want a challenge or game. Haven't gotten into franchise mode yet but it was always the mode I played the least.
  16. Mar 29, 2019
    Much better than the last installment, but still lacking in many areas. Toning down the home runs, while a great thing, makes it impossible to hit. ShowTime has been taken away, and though it's kind of unrealistic, as a pitcher, there's no better feeling than perfectly hitting your spot. Overall, this game blows The Show 18 out of the water, but doesn't quite reach the heights of MLB 15 The Show.
  17. Mar 27, 2019
    Sony San Diego Studio did it. They made the perfect MLB game. Really, they made the best baseball game ever released. The new modes, the online-mode, the animations, everything around the interface is just perfect! I'm failing to see a single thing I'd change. It's amazing! Get this NOW!
  18. Mar 28, 2019
    The game play is stellar with balanced pitching, and fair hitting with the pci, not to mention little to know bugs. Also, they added two great game-modes that will last the whole year. Lastly, road to the show got some great updates to improve longevity, and diamond dynaasty has great new updates to conquest.
  19. Apr 10, 2019
    this game is getting worse every year, this year the only improve a few things, few gameplay fixes and dynasty diamond, franchise have been 3 years without adding a main feature, just small things, actually this year the franchise is worse cause they add real contract without touch the money engine so makes the budges go crazy, in gameplay the CPU still have some basic mistakes, plus CPUthis game is getting worse every year, this year the only improve a few things, few gameplay fixes and dynasty diamond, franchise have been 3 years without adding a main feature, just small things, actually this year the franchise is worse cause they add real contract without touch the money engine so makes the budges go crazy, in gameplay the CPU still have some basic mistakes, plus CPU logic during game is a joke. this game used to be the best sports sim sport, right now has been pass by the awful madden 19 and an ok nba2k19, sport games developers are getting lazy they make ton of money every year with the game and microtransactions and the game quality is not worth the price rockstar release every 4 years and the game still cost 70$ Expand
  20. Mar 27, 2019
    The game is simply unplayable. If you have absolutely no priorities and want to spend hours on an individual moments challenge then this is the game for you. Its not enjoyable in the slightest.
  21. May 8, 2019
    Not remotely close to being on par with EA Sports (FIFA/Madden/NHL). The 'Road to the Show' mode is not enjoyable in the least. Very, very repetitive with no backing story (or any voice overs). The UI/UX is quite bad as well. Have played for 12+ hours, and the flame of amusement has just burnt out. Seems pretty low-budget relative to it's sport counterparts. Will now buy again a game inNot remotely close to being on par with EA Sports (FIFA/Madden/NHL). The 'Road to the Show' mode is not enjoyable in the least. Very, very repetitive with no backing story (or any voice overs). The UI/UX is quite bad as well. Have played for 12+ hours, and the flame of amusement has just burnt out. Seems pretty low-budget relative to it's sport counterparts. Will now buy again a game in this series again. Expand
  22. Oct 12, 2019
    It's pretty average and similar to the old games. It gets a 7 instead of a 5 because Madden, NBA 2K and FIfa are all garbage.
  23. Mar 30, 2019
    10/1 0, jogasso! A jogabilidade é incrível! Como têm pessoas que gostou desse jogo MARAVILHOSO!?
  24. Apr 30, 2019
    This is the best baseball game I have ever played! The gameplay is smooth, the graphics are so realistic, the multiplayer is awsome, I just can't stop playing this, totally recommend this to baseball fans.
  25. Jul 18, 2019
    Once again I don't get how critics of this game overlook the flaws that make this overall an average baseball sim with limited enjoyment time.

First of all, Road to the Show is laughably poor. The "archetype" system is meaningless and the dialogue cut scenes repetitive and terrible for a AAA game. Put that with the fact that you can't ever call your agent, you have to spend the same amount of time in the minors regardless of your stats, you'll inexplicably ride the bench when performing well and it's a laughably poor and boring simulation. The training scenes and attribute upgrades and very boring and repetitive, and overall this mode is horrible.

Franchise mode was slightly better this year, but once again features trades that make no sense (CPU will often sign a FA and trade them in same offseason) and the prospect system needs a complete overhaul. Player you draft are just arbitrary and have no personality and after a while no high player ratings (once all "real" players retire, there is just a bunch CPU generated players with 75-85 ratings and no elite players) Also the draft is a meaningless crapshoot where scouting does you no good. The mode is horrible frankly and offers no simulation into actually running a franchise. But hey, you get to pick if you want Nike or New Balance displays in your stadium!

Also, the game pushes ultimate team crap at every possibly opportunity. If you have interest in this mode, I guess that's good.

Now here's the good- the game looks amazing. Defense is a bit better. You can actually bunt. Hitting feels a bit better. That's it. Everything else with this game is just wonky trash. I would only buy it if you like the Ultimate team mode, since they are focusing on that and only that. Otherwise keep last year's version. Or the one before that.
  26. Oct 31, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It’s by far the worst game I’ve played in my life. So unrealistic. Rare to even get a homer, it’s like they don’t allow you to hit one. The gameplay is awful. Major baseball fan but it’s awful. Wouldn’t buy it ever. After buying I realized why they let you play it for free. Expand
  27. Jun 14, 2020
    Any pre-May reviews don't include the worst patch a game has ever had, please disregard them. The game started strong this year, then they introduced the first patch. I'm writing this in mid-June and the game has gotten little attention, hitting is mediocre at best as it has been since '17 (though '19 was an improvement) and there disaster of a hitting engine that was introduced. AddAny pre-May reviews don't include the worst patch a game has ever had, please disregard them. The game started strong this year, then they introduced the first patch. I'm writing this in mid-June and the game has gotten little attention, hitting is mediocre at best as it has been since '17 (though '19 was an improvement) and there disaster of a hitting engine that was introduced. Add in this year pitching is horrible, it is beyond RNG and there is no point in user input, this is the first year I've felt that I have no impact on the outcome of my pitches. Fielding also has went into the dumpster, last year there were some issues with no agency of outfielders getting to the ball, we have that this year AND players not responding to balls. I had a game yesterday where a gold fielder (second only to a diamond fielder) let a routine infield fly ball hit him in the face.

This franchise has taken a HUGE step backwards from what '19 gave us; the content improved a bit but the gameplay is a giant dumpster fire from last year. At this point this franchise's devs have already moved on to '21 and they dgaf about this year. At best this is worth a $20 purchase
  28. Dec 1, 2019
    Always a hard one to review. From a non-baseballing country for the 2nd time I've given this franchise a try and for the second time I've ended up perplexed.
    I find myself putting many, many hours into Road To The Show and effectively getting nowhere. I managed to get drafted into a MLB team but from there its grind, grind and grind some more.
    I put so much time into RTTS I don't really
    I put so much time into RTTS I don't really get to touch any of the other game modes and when I do, its more grind, grind, grind.
    Its a shame, if the experience was more streamlined I'd say the game would have a bigger audience, instead its really targeted at at baseball purists only.
  29. Oct 23, 2019
    Boy am I glad I got this installment for free. I've played every incarnation of The Show and I'm done with this series. Diamond Dynasty is pay-to-win, if you're willing to shell out the cash you can field a team of 99 rated players and even with mediocre skill that's a huge advantage. The game would be balanced (and more interesting) if you could only make trades in the card market. YouBoy am I glad I got this installment for free. I've played every incarnation of The Show and I'm done with this series. Diamond Dynasty is pay-to-win, if you're willing to shell out the cash you can field a team of 99 rated players and even with mediocre skill that's a huge advantage. The game would be balanced (and more interesting) if you could only make trades in the card market. You could propose trades with other players, like trading cards in real life. That way the only way to amass an amazing diamond-level team would be by playing a lot and doing well.
    Another huge irritant is that when the AI wants something to happen, it's going to happen. You can be closing out a game and throw a pitch two feet outside the plate and the Ai will clobber a game-winning homer. I don't mind the fluke errors in situations that make sense, but in this game it just seems lazy.
    I do like the Moments feature, it's fun to play through iconic moments and use legendary players, however success in this mode is entirely random. You may be tasked with getting X amount of hits in a game, then the AI pitcher beans you and walks you twice. I found that by simply replaying the moment over and over you will eventually just get a fat pitch to hit.
    One last issue- after a game or challenge ends, it shows you the menu screen, then cuts to an award screen showing your progress, which you have to exit from, then goes back to the menu. It drives me nuts. Just show the reward screen before the menu screen!
    As a huge baseball fan this is a realistic baseball experience overall but I'm sick of playing my butt off just to keep going up against people who spent a ton of money on the game. Imagine playing Call of Duty and there were players who were using soldiers much faster than you, with better guns, just because they shelled out money for the game. Same thing going on here.
  30. Apr 15, 2019
    The game is much improved this year and is actually playable. Yes, there is some tuning that must occur, but the structure or foundation is strong. Contact hitters aren't completely useless and there are many different hit outcomes compared to last year.
  31. Mar 19, 2020
    This game is utter garbage. It’s a real shame the MLB The Show series would stoop this horrendously low, when for the most part, they’ve usually put out good games. MLB the show 19 is an atrocity. From the gameplay, to the countless bugs, to the garbage controls, this game is everything a baseball game shouldn’t be. It’s clunky, boring, and after a max of around 3 weeks the desire to playThis game is utter garbage. It’s a real shame the MLB The Show series would stoop this horrendously low, when for the most part, they’ve usually put out good games. MLB the show 19 is an atrocity. From the gameplay, to the countless bugs, to the garbage controls, this game is everything a baseball game shouldn’t be. It’s clunky, boring, and after a max of around 3 weeks the desire to play it ever again will most likely be completely diminished. If MLB The Show 20 is anything like this one, we’re in for another trash game. Expand
  32. Apr 23, 2019
    Have played MLB The Show since it first came out in 2007.
    Have played MLB The Show since it first came out in 2007.
    Always great graphics, fairly good animations (some still pretty hokey, as in this year's double play fielding animations at second base- a veritable hot-dog show of behind-the-back flips, etc, that you will never see in a real MLB game, etc), stale, repetitive announcing (again), outstanding editability for all players, gameplay sliders, and fairly complete rosters out of the box.
    but: the biggest problem with this game, again, since about 2007 in my opinion, is the amount of cpu scripting/control in any game you play vs: the cpu, where gameplay results are simply taken out of the human players hands for a period of time, and nothing you do with your baseball smart decisions, or how well you execute with your game controller, will affect the outcome of the gameplay. All sports videogames have this, and The Show 2019 still does too, and just enough to make it only worth 7/10, in my veteran Show gamer opinion.
  33. Apr 25, 2019
    There has been no advancement in this game since I started playing in 2014. It has become lazy and an absolute grind with no real road map on how to build your player collection. Buying packs is ridiculous as the drop rate for anything worthwhile is roughly nil. Shame on the critics for rubber stamping reviews of this franchise. 86 Metascore at time of writing, meanwhile the playerThere has been no advancement in this game since I started playing in 2014. It has become lazy and an absolute grind with no real road map on how to build your player collection. Buying packs is ridiculous as the drop rate for anything worthwhile is roughly nil. Shame on the critics for rubber stamping reviews of this franchise. 86 Metascore at time of writing, meanwhile the player base has been loudly complaining about the lack of development and the atrocity that are moments. This is the last one I'm buying, because that is literally the only thing that will make San Diego Studios get off of their ass and actually spend some time developing this series. Expand
  34. May 3, 2019
    Absolutely love the show and I will always play every new season that comes in the future. There are some major bugs that annoy me in the gameplay that will be fixed with updates in the near future but again, great job guys!
  35. May 20, 2019
    The game itself is fine, but it had no improvements from the previous game, The Show 18 and added some annoying features.
    On my favorite mode RTTS, some small missions keep on appearing, even in the middle of the game. It stops before you get to bat or pitch and makes you select absurd accomplishments like, "Hit a homerun in this at-bat" It stops your game play and makes you keep thinking about that random mission. This ruins what I liked the most about The Show 18's game play, realness.
    Also errors are continuously happening on My Franchise mode, and although I think that is isn't a common issue, I blew up my save file that I worked on for 4 hours and totally quit this and went back to The Show 18.
    Most important of all, I can't see much of a difference in the game's graphics or mechanics and things just got **** Just go buy 18 instead. I don't play Diamond something, so you can consider that.
  36. May 21, 2019
    Baseball is part of my life, and I play The Show almost every year. The Show 19 is the best baseball game on the last years, but maybe not the best of all time. New animations, defensive skills, physics... Everything is better than before. Maybe, one of the things that could improve in The Show is the Franchise Mode. Still far from Diamond, but it is a common evil in the last sports games.
  37. May 21, 2019
    I would say I have mixed feelings on this because I always square up the ball and exit velo 50 but when I’m late it’s like exit velo 90+ the rating matchups are trash I’m in wild card with a gold lineup and 4 diamonds but I feel like I always get matched up with 90+ overall teams etc i would give it a thumbs up but I would also say just fix the fielding already
  38. May 31, 2019
    Whoever updates the roster needs to quit rn...these are the worst updates I have ever seen in anygame... They take way too long to update as it is Then they only updates a very select few..not the obvious ones like domingo German from the yankees have not been updated once even tho he is 9-1 wit a 3.43 era...trash updates
  39. Jul 23, 2019
    FYI, I only played Road to the Show (Rtts) , and March to October.

Good New Rtts Progression system for perks Situational challenges in rtts Maintaining teammate and rival relationships in rtts Rtts still fun despite feeling similar to last years March to October is a great, fun, and quick new mode Different ways to play the game, whether its button timing or using analog sticks for
    FYI, I only played Road to the Show (Rtts) , and March to October.

Good

New Rtts Progression system for perks

Situational challenges in rtts

Maintaining teammate and rival relationships in rtts

Rtts still fun despite feeling similar to last years

March to October is a great, fun, and quick new mode

Different ways to play the game, whether its button timing or using analog sticks for pitching, batting, and fielding

Bad

Can’t leave after simulating to next appearance in rtts. Have to start next game at least then save and quit

Multiple game challenges are negated or effect you negatively when you’re benched or pinch hit and you miss your one hit in rtts

Rtts Feels like last year’s, or last few years’, game with the same animations, menus, awards system, and cutscenes

So far in rtts, no stats and attributes can be improved during all star games

Some Rtts mini games can have terrible timing and calibration

Some Rtts don’t work like they should per their description (ex: Fog of War perk)
  40. Aug 17, 2019
    MLB The Show has the franchise on the best baseball game on console. For those that have never played this franchise, this is easily a 9 or 10. However, for those of us that have been playing this franchise for the past couple years, it is disappointing.
    Road to the Show is my personal preference. I got excited when they spoke about an interactive personality responses to shape your player. It is such a half effort attempt to improve the game which is my feeling about the past couple years. You pick a response that has NO impact on anything except filling another bar to fill for additional attributes. You couldn't think deeper in that certain responses could effect you view from fans, teammates, coaches, etc. Nope, just a response that gets some generic response back to fill a bar and really means nothing. This part of the game needs interactions, and not the same repetitive ones. It does not matter how you respond to any of these interactions, it has no long term effects.
    Now for the gameplay. Again, if you have never played The Show, is remarkable, but after a couple years you see the flaws. The throwing mechanics on a ground ball are just confusing. You get the same meter and the same amount of time whether its a bunt leaving you little time or a hard grounder right at you leaving you all day to make the throw. Just a repetitive mis-utilized idea. Getting a trend at this point. The fielding mechanics are random, with some player momentum carrying them a couple steps while others being able to stop on a dime a throw right away in a very mechanical non realistic play. Lets not include that the game has requested me to steal with my 30 speed numerous times which would never occur in the game. Hit and run would make sense but that has been completely removed. I have played in games with Stanton and other power hitters bunt making for an easy out. Finally, I can't tell you how many times AI players have struck out swinging early on fastballs. It has been happening for years now and just takes away from such an attempt of a realistic baseball game.

Overall, another year of half effort attempts to make the game more creative. This seems to be a trend though with most EA sports games. Its like a movie with insane special effects but overall just lacks any story line. They continue to tweak the game to appear more realistic without making the game any better or fun for those looking for something different.
  41. Oct 21, 2019
    Es una mierda completa esta edición igual de mierda que fifa, una completa bausra la que ha hecho san diego que decepcion
  42. Dec 22, 2019
    this game is garbage. it tried to make it to where less homeruns were hit and that didn’t work because no matter where the ball is thrown you hit out and a guy could have 0 power and hit one out. GARBAGE
  43. Mar 19, 2020
    I'm not a big baseball fan but hey, this game is fun as hell and not so difficult as it seems. Love it!
  44. Jan 26, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is so unrealistic and way more difficult than 16. Pitching on every level from veteran to hall of fame is around the same. Once the team your pitching for gets ahead, the other team magically starts hitting really good pitches u throw. I threw a couple strikes at 100 mph high and inside and the other team hit them for homeruns. Is that realistic? Batters can’t see a pitch that’s at that speed. Also I threw really good off speeds in really difficult locations to hit and they still hit them. This is on veteran so I can’t imagine how hard the other levels would be. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 31 Critic Reviews

While Madden and NBA 2K give you increasing amounts of control over individual player progression and continue to incorporate role-playing managerial elements into their gameplay, The Show 19’s Franchise mode remains stale.
  2. May 9, 2019
    MLB The Show 19 is another fine entry in the series, with Sony San Diego doing what they do best. The new Moments and March to October modes offer some dynamic new ways to play, while the rest of the game finds a strong balance between engaged control for the parts that matter, while offering an autopilot for the things that aren't for everyone.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    May 3, 2019
    Swing and a hit. Contemporaries such as NHL 18 have caught up with Sony’s big bopper of late, but The Show’s myriad modes and authentic feel keep it among the elite. [Issue@162, p.92]