6.9

1. Nov 5, 2014
    While the idea could be good, this game fails under many aspects:
    1) game play: boring and repetitive.
    2) story: superficial and fulfilled of plot holes 2) graphics and animations: ugly textures and even more ugly models (look at the cat..are we in in late '90?) 3) length: since this game is so boring, the fact that is so short could actually be a plus The only crime here is not the
    While the idea could be good, this game fails under many aspects:
    1) game play: boring and repetitive.
    2) story: superficial and fulfilled of plot holes
    The only crime here is not the murder of the character, but the price you have to pay for such game
  2. Dec 12, 2016
    Story - The story in summary is that there is a serial killer called the bell killer being investigated upon in the fictional Salem, Massachusetts due to similar victims and the protagonist Ronan is one of the detectives assigned to such case. One night, while investigating a lead, Ronan came in contact with the serial killer and as a result was killed by being shot 7 times in his body.Story - The story in summary is that there is a serial killer called the bell killer being investigated upon in the fictional Salem, Massachusetts due to similar victims and the protagonist Ronan is one of the detectives assigned to such case. One night, while investigating a lead, Ronan came in contact with the serial killer and as a result was killed by being shot 7 times in his body. The story begins in his ghost form in which he must solve his current case in order for him to move on in his life. Considering that it is a mystery and story driven game, these aspect should be the main strength of the game. But to be fair, it is not bad but also not good. The story is short, very predictable and has a few parts where you will be surprised which would result to its lack of replayability. But the plus of this game is its character, I like the protagonist and his rugged image and his rough personality, the rebellious Joy which will be your partner in crime in the story. This two is the main assets of the game and their interactions are good overall. The mini story too in each areas or stages are good too. A score of 6/10 will do.

Gameplay - My question is...does this game even have gameplay?? well if i will describe it, it is a third person game of which all you will do is walk or run around the city of Salem and look for its many collectibles. The crime or murder scenes are dissapointing also considering that they arent even good. It is very easy and the evidence or clues are so obvious it is right in front of you that you will look and feel dumb you didnt even knew ot was that the first time around. I was not impressed with the running around in the area and how the ghostly powers of the protagonist are used in few places of the game, the fight scenes with the demons are so easy it is also bad and are very few. A poor score of 1/10 deserves this lazy effort.

Graphics - This game is released in both current and last gen consoles and the differences between the two are not that noticeable and there are only a slight improvement found in terms of lighting. But overall, the graphics of this game are bad.Though i like the feel of the environment and also the character design of the cast of the games. Overall though, i was not impressed considering the trailers shown regarding this game are pretty good. A score of 3/10.

Music and Sound - First is music, I dont like it and really felt out of place in the general feel of the game. It should be close to a horror style of music and not some ugly rap song which is included in the game. The voice acting of the characters are good though esp the main characters. I liked it. A score of 4/10 deserves this part.

Overall Average = 3.5

The game is pretty dissapointing overall considering that the cinematic trailers shown was good. You may consider it a budget game but for me, it deserves to be better and the developers showed just how lazy they can be. As i've heard said developers are now closed and felt relieved that no more bad games will result from them, They won't be missed. Thanks.
  3. Jun 3, 2014
    While I love a good mystery there just isn't much else to love here. The gameplay just isn't interesting except for the occasional combat sequence. The open world is small and restrictive, the last thing an open world should be. The best parts of the gameplay are very scripted and so the game as a whole feels restrictive. The main character fits the detective cliché perfectly and is prettyWhile I love a good mystery there just isn't much else to love here. The gameplay just isn't interesting except for the occasional combat sequence. The open world is small and restrictive, the last thing an open world should be. The best parts of the gameplay are very scripted and so the game as a whole feels restrictive. The main character fits the detective cliché perfectly and is pretty boring. The other characters are no better. Murdered Soul Suspect is a boring attempt at a murder mystery game lacking both good gameplay or an interesting story. Expand
  4. Jun 6, 2014
    The game is so boring. There are 75% of cutscenes in the game. Primitive, stupid and ridiculous story. The graphics isn't very good too. This is the second disappointment of 2014 after the Watch Dogs. I don't recommed you to buy this game.
  5. Sep 29, 2014
    The worst game I played in my life!
    Graphics seens like a old gen.
    No action.
    Poor Puzzles.
    I play 1 hour and makes me tired and i go to bed.
    Most dialogues.
    You have to kill some demons this demons seems like a bright shadow.
    Basically is possess and read people's mid.
  6. Jun 13, 2014
    yet another over-hyped game only worse
    Pros:
    + The Idea behind it doesn't sound bad
    + The story is...okay
    Cons:
    - The Graphics are not even close to next gen or last gen
    - Most of the time you'll be looking at unskippable cutscenes
    - The gameplay is so boring
    Recommendation: No One
  7. Jun 30, 2014
    Boring, boring, boring. From the first minute to the last, I couldn’t help but roll my eyes, go to the toilet, grab a snack, and even study for my exams. This game was announced a few years back with a whole lot of enthusiasm and anticipitation. What happened? Everything (else), apparently. Turns out that the novel, interesting concept of Ghost-Detective / La Noire scheme was a huge bomb.Boring, boring, boring. From the first minute to the last, I couldn’t help but roll my eyes, go to the toilet, grab a snack, and even study for my exams. This game was announced a few years back with a whole lot of enthusiasm and anticipitation. What happened? Everything (else), apparently. Turns out that the novel, interesting concept of Ghost-Detective / La Noire scheme was a huge bomb. Do not waste your money or your time. No wonder there was hardly any advertising for this game.

PS. Even the disc ‘printed cover’ looked incredibly faded and lacked any intuitive design. It reminded me of my ‘copied’ or ‘modified’ Xbox and PS2 games…
  8. Nov 22, 2014
    One of the worst games I've played. There's absolutely no interesting content in this game. I spent about $60 to buy it, hoping it would be something I subconsciuosly knew it wouldn't , but I bought it and played through it anyway. Well you can call me naive, but I play a lot of games and I can't believe I could be tricked by some ' cool ' trailer showing you the things you can do in theOne of the worst games I've played. There's absolutely no interesting content in this game. I spent about $60 to buy it, hoping it would be something I subconsciuosly knew it wouldn't , but I bought it and played through it anyway. Well you can call me naive, but I play a lot of games and I can't believe I could be tricked by some ' cool ' trailer showing you the things you can do in the game. The truth is - you can't do anything. A few silly side quests, really pointless ( same as the main storyline ) The game doesn't even give you control over your character ( maybe for moving it around the tiny map and occasionaly killing a ghost - yeah , there are no other enemies in this game, and there are no more ways to take them down than pressing R2 rapidly... ) Story is shallow and short ( 4 hours to pass the whole game) no sudden twists of action, just the ordinary ' go there - do that - and now get back " routine. I am very disappointed, and in my opinion, people who made such a bad game and try to sell it as the next ' best PS game' should be ashamed, not trying to make another one ( yeah quantum theory) just to squeeze more money out of it. I will never buy another game made by Airthight games and published by Square Enix. Expand
  9. Nov 22, 2016
    I want to be more critical, but after playing it all the way through, completing the investigation, I feel an unexpected sense of satisfaction. The narrative is its focus (essentially a murder mystery), and overall it plays out nicely. However, it also very simplistic. The minor investigations are figured out as soon as you enter a room, yet you still have to "investigate", making the taskI want to be more critical, but after playing it all the way through, completing the investigation, I feel an unexpected sense of satisfaction. The narrative is its focus (essentially a murder mystery), and overall it plays out nicely. However, it also very simplistic. The minor investigations are figured out as soon as you enter a room, yet you still have to "investigate", making the task repetitious and laborious. The writing and characters are soo boring. It is caught in middle by being too easy for an adult, yet has themes clearly for an adult audience. Ronan could have been great, but his darker side, which was referenced constantly, never ends up being revealed.

Gameplay is non-existent, which is mainly frustrating because being a ghost could not have been more boring. Instead, much of the gameplay feels strangely unoriginal. Graphics are meh. Too many NPCs look the same, and have the same, boring quotes. It lacks a sense of humour as well. but also has no tension to make up for this.

If you like a collecting stuff, of fancy something a bit different and boring, then Murdered Soul Suspect can provide the same minimalist satisfaction is provided me.
  10. Aug 19, 2016
    Terrible Game and very Shortly.

superficial and fulfilled of plot holes graphics and animations is terrible: ugly textures and even more ugly models look at the cat..are we in in late '90?
  11. Oct 12, 2016
    Story - The main plot of the story was average and was very predictable except that part which is related to the protagonists at the final moments of the game. The side stories or side cases was alright and could actually take your interest a short time. The protagonist however and his sidekick kid is poor for me due to the fact that the protagonist was made to be a very try hard to be aStory - The main plot of the story was average and was very predictable except that part which is related to the protagonists at the final moments of the game. The side stories or side cases was alright and could actually take your interest a short time. The protagonist however and his sidekick kid is poor for me due to the fact that the protagonist was made to be a very try hard to be a bad ass by the devs and the kid an obvious Elie rip-off from TLOU. All of the characters in game are forgettable and nothing really unique was made to get the players interest. A score of 5 will suffice.

Gamplay - Does this game even have gameplay? personally, ALMOST NONE. You spend majority of your time walking and running and looking at half made ghost objects around the whole world of Salem. The powers you obtain are somewhat useful in some aspects but really, this gameplay is so bad. The fight with demons are so few and their AI are bunch of idiots. I dont really understand why'd a developer would release a game with this walking simulator like gameplay with an average and predictable if not bad story. The puzzles or the clues of various crime scenes are so obvious you will look stupid if you dont managed even solve it in your first try. Hell, making a mistake multiple times wont even give you any consequences. A bad bad bad gameplay for me. My worst score of 1 (I dont give 0s nor 10s since i believe there is no perfect game and there is also no perfect bad game).

Graphics and Sound - Hm. Graphics are so last gen and the PS4/xbox one version was not that different nor improved from the PS3/xbox 360 version. The soundtrack was ok however few was used actually in game and the overall experience was like a lifeless journey to the end. Dissapointing. Ill give this game a score of 2 on the graphics and 5 on the soundtrack.

Total average = 3.25

Really, the game was dissapointing, the story was average and predictable, graphics is for last gen and the overall experience was forgettable and if i would say so i prefer to forget that i actually played this game and wasted that precious time of my life. Damn.
  12. Jan 7, 2018
    One of the worst games Ive played. It is terrible. And the makers of this game should be ashamed to ask ppl to pay money like for a real game. If this game was 5$ i would have not been so angry. Really nothing about this game is allright. Maybe I would've given it a 1 because of the dark setting, ghosts, and Salem. But I won't, coz I feel cheated into buying this game by the trailer thatOne of the worst games Ive played. It is terrible. And the makers of this game should be ashamed to ask ppl to pay money like for a real game. If this game was 5$ i would have not been so angry. Really nothing about this game is allright. Maybe I would've given it a 1 because of the dark setting, ghosts, and Salem. But I won't, coz I feel cheated into buying this game by the trailer that states this game would be a great , mysterious adventure, fighting evil, having real emetional storytelling. In thruth this game is short and boring. I've passed the whole game in under 5 hours. No fighting options. Only one animation for all adversaries in the game. Side quests are not interesting. Game sucks. Expand

1. Oct 2, 2014
    If you're looking for a relaxing way to spend a rainy afternoon, Murdered fits the bill, but that's about it.
  2. CD-Action
    Aug 25, 2014
    I expected Murdered to be an interesting, modern adventure game. Instead I got a very shallow story paired with irritating gameplay mechanics. [08/2014, p.52]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Aug 4, 2014
    An interesting concept with half-decent story beats, dragged to hell by shonky puzzles, odd dialogue jumps and bugs that are far more terrifying than the subject matter. [Aug 2014, p.87]