6.7

1. Feb 15, 2016
    The 2016 installment of NBA 2k is one of the best all-around basketball simulator put out by this company. The gameplay found in this game is pretty similar to past installments of the game minus a couple control tweaks. One of te biggest new improvements to the A.I. is that they adapt to the way you play, for instance if you shoot a lot of perimeter shots the defense will adapt to that.The 2016 installment of NBA 2k is one of the best all-around basketball simulator put out by this company. The gameplay found in this game is pretty similar to past installments of the game minus a couple control tweaks. One of te biggest new improvements to the A.I. is that they adapt to the way you play, for instance if you shoot a lot of perimeter shots the defense will adapt to that. My GM is relatively the same but now you can customize pretty much every aspect of your team if you have the funds. All of the changes made in My GM are present in the My League mode. The story mode added My Career is alright but I found myself waiting for the scenes to end and not really caring about what happens to them due to the lack of choices I got to make. NBA 2k16 feels like it has made some major improvements from the last year and the series is definitely still one of the best sports simulators out there.

JB
  2. Dec 2, 2015
    *DISCLAIMER* I haven't played online or MyCareer yet, so this only from a MyGM mode and exhibition game standpoint.

I liked last years game for being easy to pick up, get into and play without issue. 2K16 takes the simple gameplay, adds some small nuances to make it better, add difficulty to making shots and driving to the basket, and ultimately made the game better. The MyGM is robust and adds a lot of features that is going to add many hours or game time, making it as thorough as any other season or GM mode from any sports game.

The presentation is beautiful and the music adds a great vibe to the game.

Of course, I haven't played online or the Career Mode, but I will soon.
  3. Feb 22, 2016
    Beautiful Graphics, upgraded AI and gameplay, but occasionally laggy multiplayer and meaningless myCareer "movie" slightly hampers several aspects of the game.
  4. Jun 6, 2016
    The best basketball sim available with tons of game modes and heaps of option. There is literally 100s of hours in this game if you have the time to invest. I do however have 2 gripes, 1 minor, the other major.

Its a little too realistic to the point that it restricts gameplay. The shot mechanic is very hard to get used to and I find myself watching the gauge instead of the game. Then again every time you sink a shot it feels that little bit more rewarding.

Now, the major gripe. Holy Hell 2K what were you thinking with the Story Mode!? It is hands down the most ridiculous and worst video game story in the history of video games. I love Spike Lee, most of his movies are fantastic but the "brush" he has tainted 2K with is too glaringly obvious to ignore. I created a character to represent MYSELF therefore I made a white male with a beard; woah and behold the story FORCES my character to have a blatantly African American voice, be a twin of an African American sister and have African American parents. I could not believe that there were no options. And speaking of options, the story branches into what you would expect to be "Choice" situations, like which shoes do I like? which friend to I cut off etc etc. There are no choices what-so-ever and you're shunted on by the narrative which is, in effect, a poor man's He Got Game.

No doubt 2K realises the huge mistake they made using the Spike Lee Joint to try and hook gamers (it worked on me) however it will be extremely unlikely that they take this route again.

Oh, and one last thing, I started one of the owner/manager modes and who walked into the scene, my created character who I wanted nothing to do with. That's right, the game pigeon holes you into using the same broken character in whichever custom mode you play.

2K16 is a good game let down by some poor choices by the publisher. I'm looking forward to 2K17 and its step away from a Spike Lee Joint. In the mean time its Madden 16.
  5. Jun 8, 2016
    PS+ freebie June 2016:

So, PS+ time again, and at last another AAA title for free, £55, for free. I assume this is only on the EU release as free, given our lack of love for Basketball! It's true, I don't really understand or like Basketball, so this is a review from that view-point. Unlike other sports sims, I found my first game of NBA2K16 actually really REALLY refreshing.
    PS+ freebie June 2016:

So, PS+ time again, and at last another AAA title for free, £55, for free.

Unlike other sports sims, I found my first game of NBA2K16 actually really REALLY refreshing. Firstly, no commentary. If you're going to invest a lot of hours into a sports game, as I have in ProEvo in the past, I've grown to detest the commentary. First few plays its always okay - after hearing the same comments over and over again, it becomes like a knife in the side every time they repeat the sentence for the 4th or 5th time within 10 minutes. Instead, NBA2K16 has a soundtrack. Which I've liked so far!

My understanding of basketball is that it's a game of attrition. The matches aren't about scoring as much as 'breaking the oppositions serve' as such. It's a given that the majority of runs at the hoop will see points, and the game makes this very fluid and very easy. I found using the Square button to shoot a little confusing at first, and my first game vs a friend was dominated by both of us endlessly travelling - but a few games in, I started using the right stick and shoulder botton's more for tricks, quick turns and extremely fluid play. I also figured out the balance of the game sits with your defence line blocking more than they block of you.

To compare this to another sports title - I would compare it to the old NHL on the mega-drive. Something clicked with that game, it was very fast, simple to play, hard to master - and NBA2K16 feels like that. It took me literally 8 games to get a slam dunk in as such.

As someone that has little understanding of the sport, or any knowledge of teams past knowing Michael Jordan, I am surprised at how enjoyable this game is. If you don't catch it on PS+, I would recommend paying up to £25 for this on future sales - but given its a sports sim, it will probably have an annual release and this version will be bargain bucket on ebay within the year if not!
  6. Oct 5, 2015
    Best sports game on the market, even better than the last one which is hard to believe for me. Hands down for this ultimate basketball experience. Get it ASAP!
  7. Mar 29, 2016
    The gameplay is awesome and realistic. It feels like basketball. The voice acting was mediocre and the story itself wasn't that great but what can you expect from a basketball game. If you enjoy basketball, you'll enjoy this game.
  8. Apr 1, 2016
    This game is so typical, yet not. the gameplay is insane, it is easily the best played sportsgame out there. but everything around it is a miss, the story just about ok, and the fact that there is a story is cool, so i don't mind that much, but i was expecting to have way more options in career mode. i like it when a sports game can explain how it works with simple setups, and yet haveThis game is so typical, yet not. the gameplay is insane, it is easily the best played sportsgame out there. but everything around it is a miss, the story just about ok, and the fact that there is a story is cool, so i don't mind that much, but i was expecting to have way more options in career mode. i like it when a sports game can explain how it works with simple setups, and yet have insane amounts of options that i don't have to fiddle with, but still be there. the character creation is **** and i also lost my cool since the first time i had to use their custom keyboard to register an account, later to find out, i had to confirm email, and then go though the horror of that keyboard again the next day.
    i realise im rambling here, but my main point is: gameplay = 10. everything else = a weak 6
  9. Feb 26, 2016
    El mejor juego deportivo del Mercado. La jugabilidad es exquisita, la ambientación y banda sonora buenísima. El modo GM además ofrece aspectos de gestión muy exhaustivos, por lo que el partido que se le puede sacar al juego junto al resto de opciones es casi infinito.
  10. Oct 1, 2015
    Best sports game period... Level of customization is crazy.... Story is insane....geame modes and new features are amazing...graphics are some of the best in gaming and on top if that its gameplay is beautiful
  11. Sep 29, 2015
    This year's edition of NBA 2K continues the trend of sports simulation excellence. NBA 2K16 is deeper, prettier, and more finely tuned than its predecessor. The broken mode of NBA Pro-Am, the first year of the Career Mode, and the dysfunctional NBA Store are the major cons in this year's game. Overall, the pros completely outshine the negatives making NBA 2K16 arguably the greatestThis year's edition of NBA 2K continues the trend of sports simulation excellence. NBA 2K16 is deeper, prettier, and more finely tuned than its predecessor. The broken mode of NBA Pro-Am, the first year of the Career Mode, and the dysfunctional NBA Store are the major cons in this year's game. Overall, the pros completely outshine the negatives making NBA 2K16 arguably the greatest basketball game to date.

The CONTROLS have been revamped once again this year adding dedicated buttons to bounce and lob passes. As usual, adapting the new controls can have you reverting to old habits, but once the controls are acclimated the gameplay is outstanding.

The most popular mode on NBA 2K16 will once again be MY CAREER MODE in which Spike Lee takes the reigns and tries to deliver an actual story mode complete with characters, plots, and twists. Overall, the actual story of the Career Mode was disappointing due to the lack of decisions the player is able to make. The majority of the cut scenes have your created player going through dilemmas. Unfortunately, the choice will be selected for you by the next cut scene. It doesn't feel like your own story, but the script of an overbearing author (Spike Lee). On the bright side, Career Mode becomes outstanding after your player's rookie year in which the Spike Lee story is finished. No more cut scenes or scripts and you can actually focus on the basketball side of your career. You can play the full 82 game season, which was limited to you in your rookie year, and work on endorsements, practice with your team, or even hang with the connects you've made during your off days. If you can get through the scripted events leading to your sophomore season you will absolutely love the rest of what Career Mode has to offer. Another aspect of Career Mode that is worth mentioning is the ethnicity of your created character. If you make a character who is not of African descent your family members will still be Black. 2K could have easily made the tone of your family members change to the same tone as your character to add realism.

The VISUALS are outstanding once again making this arguably the best looking sports game there is. The players resemble their real selves in every aspect from their facial expressions to the way they move up and down the court. The presentation is well done adding Shaq and Kenny "The Jet" Smith to the pre and post game show. The framerate, especially offline, is always smooth and the atmosphere of the stadium is electric. It is awesome to see a home team's fans leaving the stadium early as you are blowing them away.

This years edition is extensive: adding a NBA Pro Am, My Team mode, and refined My Park mode. My Park has added a "21" mode and has been relatively smooth as far as the servers go. I am looking forward to 2K fixing the back and forth cheese that so many players are accustomed to seeing. My Park overall has been improved; however, NBA Pro Am mode, which is similar to the Jordan Rec Center of last year, is literally broken. It is surprising to actually see a smooth running Pro Am game. Most likely the Pro AM will not even load. The My League (Association/Franchise) mode is deeper than ever, allowing you to relocate a franchise, customize the stadium, and design new jerseys. You can operate the League offline or online. My Team takes your team onto the black top with street-like three versus three matches. The head to head online matches have been improved by adding a ranking system, which gives an excellent touch to just simple head to head.

I have never played a basketball game this enormous and I am excited to keep digging past the surface into this excellent game.

THANKS FOR READING!!!
  12. Sep 25, 2015
    I am having a ton of fun with the game so far. Every year they seem to do a great job with the graphics and it plays great as always. I haven't tried mystory yet, so I can't review that but everything else has been great.
  13. Sep 25, 2015
    Easily the best nba2k game yet, and best NBA game out there. And the story mode is great. This one is a no brainer, definitely worth a purchase.

Also I'd you
  14. Sep 28, 2015
    This pertains to offline game play only:

This pertains to offline game play only:

When you actually get to play basketball in 2k16, the game is pretty great. The major problem is the Spike Lee MyPlayer portion. Horrible script, WAY too dramatic, and it's poorly executed. It's also super weird being a pale, white dude with an African American twin. After you get past your rookie year and the Spike Lee stuff gets out of the way, the game gets good.
  15. Oct 1, 2015
    Despite Spike Lee cliche elements, NBA 2K16 still proves to be an amazing basketball game. The gameplay feels so real from being built upon from last year's game. MyCareer is very realistic and so lively in almost every way. This is a must get for all basketball fans.
  16. Sep 25, 2015
    gameplay is best.. graphic is very good.. players emotion and celebrations are amazing.. player movement is so realistic.. Commentary is very good.. My GM is amazing.. ai cpu is very smarter on all pro or higher difficulty.. Big Kudo to 2ksports for did amazing job on NBA 2k16
  17. Sep 25, 2015
    This is a great game as you know they are a lot of trolls that give this game a thumbs down you need get a life. I love this game and for people like MichiganGamer24 I say have fun with your boring and bad NBA live 16. This game will outsell that piece of trash game Live 16. Well back to this game it's a must own game. 2k wins again with great game-play and online game play I love thisThis is a great game as you know they are a lot of trolls that give this game a thumbs down you need get a life. I love this game and for people like MichiganGamer24 I say have fun with your boring and bad NBA live 16. This game will outsell that piece of trash game Live 16. Well back to this game it's a must own game. 2k wins again with great game-play and online game play I love this game it's going to be another great year for NBA 2k16. For the people who come on this site and troll this game and give it a 1 you need to get some puzzy and get a life because you suck in life! And you will always be a loser. If you think this game is racist you must be an idiot. How does this game keep you from getting a job based on your skin color or control your fate in society. That's racist get you facts right you think Spike Lee and 2k are racist? You're a loser. The fact is this game is deep and fun you can play this game forever with franchise mode, myplayer(which is really fun) online rankings and most of all you can learn the fundamentals of basketball and the history of the sport. I give it 10/10 and Game of the Year. I played NBA live 16 it's trash pure trash like last years demo. NBA live I would give 4/10 just pure trash of a game. EA pleas stop making trashy games like NBA Live 16. It's not even worth 59.99 it will be in the bargain bin in one week for 5.99 Expand
  18. Sep 29, 2015
    hands down the best basketball sim out there, BUT the only downside of this game is the my career mode, like why do we have to only be able to play as a black guy? overall its a great experience
  19. Sep 26, 2015
    NBA 2k16 has really improved. Graphics still is exceptional. Gameplay even became better, now that it's more realistic. Defense is more emphasized. Any game is unpredictable, unlike in NBA 2k15, wherein you expect the Splash Bros to combine 15-20 three pointers a game. Haha. 2k16 has been a huge upgrade. The soundtrack is even better, and mycareer left me speechless..
  20. Oct 1, 2015
    Overall, NBA 2k16 is a great game. The gameplay is way more realistic and star players cannot be spammed like they were in previous years. Three point shooting is also more realistic and I love the the bounce passing and flashy passes. Ball handling is great too. My career is awesome with its storyline and the way you can play in High School and College. I do wish that the nationalOverall, NBA 2k16 is a great game. The gameplay is way more realistic and star players cannot be spammed like they were in previous years. Three point shooting is also more realistic and I love the the bounce passing and flashy passes. Ball handling is great too. My career is awesome with its storyline and the way you can play in High School and College. I do wish that the national championship game would be played in a football stadium though. Online is pretty good in this game. They sort of made the set up like Fifa, going up to a new division as you win more games. This gives gamers more of a challenge and drive to play. My only complaint I have about this game is that you can find yourself playing online games against teams with the same color jersey. Expand
  21. Sep 26, 2015
    its funny how some people are complaining that the family has to be black in mycareer when there are literally thousands of great games that do the same thing, most rpg's that let you customize and build your character don't change the family to match your creation, one great example is dragon age origins and that being said i do not believe one person ever called it racist....its notits funny how some people are complaining that the family has to be black in mycareer when there are literally thousands of great games that do the same thing, most rpg's that let you customize and build your character don't change the family to match your creation, one great example is dragon age origins and that being said i do not believe one person ever called it racist....its not racist its just the choice they made when you watch a movie you don't complain that its racist that the character adn family are whatever race they are....

that being said i was surprised at the lack of choice during the spike lee part of the campaign i was expecting less of a movie and more choice and also to play more games in the NBA and affect my stats more.....

but its still not enough to turn me off because one that section of the game is short in comparison to what you will be playing mostly later.....and thats when the game really starts you get to pick how and when you practice or scrimmage you pick your endorsements and off day activities

mygm is similar but they revamped and built upon the great mode it was last year and seemed to have make it less repetitive and more rewarding and fun

the gameplay is amazing....there is a learning curve especially due to the fact that there is no real tutorial but the new passing and post up features are sick as well as the improved defense

love this game ....and for the review people who are complaining about the servers its way too early to tell if their reliable or not 2k admitted they were not turning them on fully until the game releases so people dont get too far ahead and spoil every single thing
  22. Sep 27, 2015
    This is easily the best basketball game ever made, maybe the best sport game out. Everyone talks about MyPlayer and to be honest I don't really care about it. I don't care about a story mode in a sports game. All I care about is gameplay. I like to pick a team and battle it out. The game play is very smooth. The pace is a little bit quicker and the passing and juking seems very fluid. EvenThis is easily the best basketball game ever made, maybe the best sport game out. Everyone talks about MyPlayer and to be honest I don't really care about it. I don't care about a story mode in a sports game. All I care about is gameplay. I like to pick a team and battle it out. The game play is very smooth. The pace is a little bit quicker and the passing and juking seems very fluid. Even the graphics to me look very well polished from last year. You now have the lob pass to get the ball to the post players and dominate for once. The defense has improved a lot and even cuts off the baseline exploit to dunk the basket on breakaway. You see a lot of interceptions and turn overs if you don't pass the ball correctly. You will be blocked if you make difficult shots. It's realistic and people who complain just want to run in with someone and beat the game with one person. The online lag is GREAT this year I didn't play last year because I found the lag to be unbearable.

If all you care about is MyPlayer then you will be a little disappointed. The story is what you would expect in a "sports game" (not that good). You still play in high school, college, and the leap to the big leagues and get drafted. It's the same game as before and people disappointed about the story are expecting some big RPG story that you're not going to find in a sports game.

This is a must have game for any fan of basketball or just sports in general. The game play is the best it has ever been and I can't stop playing it. Spike Lee has never made a good film in his entire life, what was he suppose to add to make this amazing? Deal with it, the mode to play as a player is still there and now has better game play. I give this game a 10 because of the little kids who actually give this game a 0 and not even explain what they didn't like. I would give it a solid 9/10 without thinking. Get this game
  23. Sep 29, 2015
    Another superb outing from 2K with NBA 2K16. Gameplay is more refined and I love the changes to MyGM mode in particular. My one gripe with this game is the autoslave option and no that's not a typo. Forcing autosave on us again especially in MyGM mode slows the game down so much with the game having to save every 30 seconds when you move from date to date. GET RID OF IT 2K!

Apart

Apart from that, one of the best sports game I've played.
  24. Sep 26, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the most anticipated video games to release every year NBA 2K15 is back now trying someting new with the games features, sound track and game modes. The long awaited arguably most played and talked about game mode My Career/My player has showed us different snippets and cut scenes of the famous game mode but this year was different now directed by Spike Lee A film director famous for a variety of movies, Spike takes My player to another step where it is more realistic and we actually feel we are playing a story or our own story. This mode starts out with as usual the creation of your player you can 2K scan your face on to your player which gives you pretty decent results on your actual face then on to your position, height, wing-span and etc. We Start out with three High School games where we were able to choose which high school we wanted in the creation.With Cut Scenes introducing the story of a player they call "FREQ" we will be playing. "FREQ" is given in the story a black sister and light skin best friend with two black parents UNCHANGEABLE with 2K being a worldwide game i am sure not everyone is gonna be a black player nevertheless even a american player which is completely unrealistic on Spike Lee's Part. Throughout the mode there a overwhelming supply of cheesy and some realistic cut scenes.filled. By the time you get to college you are given another 3 years to stay Unchangeable and multiple cut scenes about your best friend "VIC" and going pro. Furthermore you get drafted and depending on what positon you play you will be a 50-60 rating.As the mode goes on you are given more cut scenes cheesy and some typical and real. Throughout the mode it is very heavily more about the story then basketball where a variety of people did not enjoy all in all out of 10 this my player was a 9 in my opinion because of the different features included in the mode amazing cheesy story and its just one the best ones of the series.
    We then move on to the Association my favorite mode which is heavily improved and has taken a jump over the many different other associations you are given the option to move your teams from city's or states, really interact with your players and WAY MORE COMPETITIVE CPU. There are many more aspects of this mode but i must move on.
    Next the return of my team is back which is a real life card playing games this mode has drastically also improved with the new feature to the cards to be
    1) Bronze
    2) Silver
    3) Gold
    4) Amethyst
    5) Diamond
    this mode features a fantasy type of way of playing as the ratings are going up and down throughout the season from real life. This mode also has a new feature in it called "The Gauntlent" where you choose from your collection and play a 3 on 3 game.
    We will slide by My park real quick because the mode has not changed much but a couple of new fixed glitches.
    Next up we then have Pro-Am where we can create are own arena jerseys and are able to play a 5 on 5 vs (most advised) online players cpu players will not be that good and you should prefer to play with friends or other online players this mode has not worked yet since purchasing the game but should be fixed soon. This mode will be very interesting to see which game between Live and 2K which Pro-Am is better.
    Next up we have My League which is just a online association so i will just breeze by this too.
    The game play and graphics has not improved much from 2k15 but the quick game feature has changed with a mode like road to the playoffs offered and you are given a ranking where you play to level up and etc.
    The ratings system has changed as it players are rated on how they match up to the greatest players of all time. We are also blessed to be given the TNT Crew of EJ Shaq and Kenny and sometimes Greg Anthony we are given a entertaining commentary before the game between halftime and at the end.
    All In All NBA 2K15 IS AN INCREDIBLE GAME Even with the flaws of my player and certain glitches i have seen and to come this game has improved drastically and i have rated it a 9.
  25. Sep 30, 2015
    Just WOW! I love the spike lee mycareer, the commentators, the graphics, the animations, the atmosphere everything in this game is just maybe thousand times better than fifa! I love football so im still dreaming of ea making the same game with the same standard! i also love basket and especially through this game! Greatest sports game ever!
  26. Nov 9, 2015
  27. Sep 30, 2015
    So NBA 2K16 has made many improvements on their game which is mainly their defense and balancing out players. I like the improvements on defense because in 2K15 playing defense was horrendous. Especially when you went online and people were just running side to side to get open shots. But this year they have made it so you can defend very well.

My main problem with the game this year

My main problem with the game this year which has been a problem with 2K games for a while is the AI in Mycareer. I play on all star because this year superstar and HOF are unbearable if you plan on winning games. But even in all star the game is coded for you to lose. I have lost so many games due to my teammates and it is highly annoying. I am a PF and i have high rebounding and athleticism so i grab a lot of rebounds but whenever i am in the paint my teammates make the dumbest shots but when i am outside the paint they start missing wide open shots. It's like they don't want me to get many rebounds or something. Your teammates also make careless mistakes when the game is on the line. I just lost a game where the game was tied with a min seconds left and we had the ball. Rondo threw a pass right out of bounds. I got a block on defense but next time down the court Demarcus Cousins was in post up position and he turned around to shoot jumper right in Pau Gasol's face and got blocked. Next time down the court Derrick rose held the ball and scored a wide open layup with 2 seconds left to go up by 2. We called a timeout and advanced the ball. The AI then inbounded the ball to ben mcklemore to shoot a fading 3 pointer in 2 people's faces to lose the game. I was wide open for a mid range shot. It's stuff like this that pisses me off about mycareer.

I gave this game an 8 because while i have many gripes about Mycareer most people play this game for the online modes and the online this year is really fun and works well.
  28. Dec 14, 2015
    Simply put, if you are into sim type sports, NBA 2k's My League mode is second to none. The only other game I can think of that gives you this level of customization is the MLB series from Sony. You can practically tweak any aspect of the gameplay, on the court and off. Feel as though young players aren't advancing enough in the offseason? Increase it. Too many injuries? Decrease it. TheSimply put, if you are into sim type sports, NBA 2k's My League mode is second to none. The only other game I can think of that gives you this level of customization is the MLB series from Sony. You can practically tweak any aspect of the gameplay, on the court and off. Feel as though young players aren't advancing enough in the offseason? Increase it. Too many injuries? Decrease it. The level of control is astounding. Or you could give up a little of the nuts and bolts control and go with MyGM, which is also vastly improved and provides some more drama and RPG type fun as you level up. It's somehow more engaging this year than last year's rather stale take. Plus, the move your team option adds another layer of fun. The only problem is that you can't fix things the wonky CPU does sometimes, like the Cavs letting Lebron into free agency and he signs with the Celtics, as happened in mine, lol. But that's part of the fun of that mode too. 30 team control in MyLeague alleviates these issues. I recommend having a go of both modes.

I don't really play online and I don't do the highly overrated MyPlayer mode, so no comment there. If you want not only the best BBall game availabe but also one of the best sports games around period, you cannot go wrong with this years game. Also, they finally let you save slider sets so you can export to all the different modes. Thank god for that. Seriously, this is the best version yet of NBA2k with the most refined control and the most realistic gameplay on the court. If your on the fence, go and get it.
  29. Nov 13, 2015
    I only play My Career and I have been enjoying it. Gameplay is great, but i have some minor things to mention.
    1- you cannot skip cut scenes ( which should be a default option for any game with a cut scene)
    2- you cannot sim the game except after starting the game, i play most of the games but with 82 per season its a bit long 3-Simming the game also makes you lose your off day, its
    3-Simming the game also makes you lose your off day, its perfectly logical that if i sim a game i dont get any gold and that is fine. but why take away my off day, im only simming the game...

Other than that, its as addictive as ever.
  30. Nov 9, 2015
    The best sports game in years. No for real, this game is that good. There are so many options and modes to get yourself addicted to. MyTeam is back and they finally have an Action to by your favourite players. Never really been a fan of MyTeam till this year. My Career is back with a little Spike Lee flavour and its as cheesy as ever. Some of the things they say are ridiculous and almostThe best sports game in years. No for real, this game is that good. There are so many options and modes to get yourself addicted to. MyTeam is back and they finally have an Action to by your favourite players. Never really been a fan of MyTeam till this year. My Career is back with a little Spike Lee flavour and its as cheesy as ever. Some of the things they say are ridiculous and almost painful to watch. Once the first season is done we get into the meat of my career and it is cooked to perfection. you now get the option on how you want to spend your off days and it makes the mode more enjoyable. My Park is also as good as ever with more customizable options you can get lost for days at the park.
    No sports game out now a days gives you these many options to pick and choose from. My Career story was a little disappointing but still better than any story Madden has ever tried to tell. The people at 2K seem to care about there games and I respect them for that. This truly is the best sports game in recent history.
  31. Dec 14, 2015
    It's still the best basketball game in court, but the MyPlayer mode definitely let me down (despite the addition of college basketball): how Spike Lee directed it make me feel I have no choice at all. And the story is too predictable and caricature (the agent is basically a walking parody of one, making you feel uncomfortable with the cliche). And I didn't mention the impossibility ofIt's still the best basketball game in court, but the MyPlayer mode definitely let me down (despite the addition of college basketball): how Spike Lee directed it make me feel I have no choice at all. And the story is too predictable and caricature (the agent is basically a walking parody of one, making you feel uncomfortable with the cliche). And I didn't mention the impossibility of playing all the 82 games, making it harder to develop your player. A rewind to the NBA 2k15 MyPlayer with the addition of college and maybe a free roaming on your team would be a significant improvement than that MyPlayer. Expand
  32. Sep 29, 2015
    Pleasantly surprised by the overall improvements to the game by 2K. The My Team mode is better with more options and MyLeague/MyGM is completely revised to allow a build your own experience per franchise. MyCareer mode is in need of work for the story, but overall is a huge improvement for upcoming years. This game is a definite buy for any NBA fan and best sports game for 2015.
  33. Mar 29, 2016
    To say I'm surprised about the my career mode is a bit of an understatement. My lord I had to review this game because the dialogue is fantastic. By far the best my career mode I have ever seen. Love that high school mode more than anything as well.
  34. Oct 14, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's always a solid game absolutely a must have if you like basketball or simply having fun with sport games. 2k has been able to improve a one already great product. Gameplay a little bit difficult for new gamer but once you became more confortable with the controller you can really appreciate the amazing possibility that the game give to you. Expand
  35. Nov 14, 2017
    I think everyone here knows by now that the story in this game is just so bad, and it is. I am not one to usually play the nba series games and this one was the only one I actually played (I have 2k15 but never play it). This game was free also, just thought I would mention that because it does sway my review a bit because I never actually payed for the game. I think this game though isI think everyone here knows by now that the story in this game is just so bad, and it is. I am not one to usually play the nba series games and this one was the only one I actually played (I have 2k15 but never play it). This game was free also, just thought I would mention that because it does sway my review a bit because I never actually payed for the game. I think this game though is simple enough for me to like because I didn't waste money on something and I had no expectations going in on what to expect. I honestly still play this version of NBA regardless that there are two new installments out right now. I know the story is bad, I know the gameplay isn't perfect, but honestly I have spent so much time playing this game that I really have no legit reason to complain or give it a bad score. Time flew when I played this game and it even still does now. I can't complain. I have enjoyed it thus far Expand
  36. Oct 28, 2015
    This game is an improvement from 2K15 in many different areas, and improves every mode in a different way, and allows for a more improved basketball simulator, and is the most realistic basketball made to date and should be played by any and all basketball fans.
  37. Jan 17, 2016
    This is the most realistic basketball game I've ever played. I'm playing on the Bulls in myCareer mode and D Rose gets hurt almost every game he plays in. 10/10 for realism.
  38. Oct 4, 2015
    Perfect game, as usual in NBA2k series. Improvement in graphics, game-play and My career mode, which is easier now to get hooked on. Brilliant animations and atmosphere. 2K still know what they are doing. Even online servers still are not as good as they should be, this is a 10.
  39. Jun 14, 2016
    People giving ZERO just because they dont know how to play, so im going to give a 10 to balance things. IMO this is a solid 8 game. This is my first NBA game on ps4 and im loving it. Its free on ps plus and im having tons of fun playing career-mode. YES, its not easy, but remember the game was made to reach the max for realism. Dont expect to play first rookie season and be the all-starPeople giving ZERO just because they dont know how to play, so im going to give a 10 to balance things. IMO this is a solid 8 game. This is my first NBA game on ps4 and im loving it. Its free on ps plus and im having tons of fun playing career-mode. YES, its not easy, but remember the game was made to reach the max for realism. Dont expect to play first rookie season and be the all-star player, unless you know all plays, how to defense on the first match and so on. The mechanics are awsome and the AI is damn good. You have traning camp, social media, sponsors, and much more. Im so glad that i paid ZERO bucks for this awsome basketball game. Expand
  40. Jul 5, 2016
    So I've had 2k16 since release and now since its PlayStation plus freebie I've decided to do a review.
    NBA 2k16 is a great sports game and is one of the best on the market. The gameplay now is better then before and now you actually have to know how to play basketball and call plays in order to win the game. Another thing is that there is no more scoring countless of contested shots either. The new game modes seem to be good. With the play now online now its encourages you to choose lower ranked teams as you'll get more rewards and you have to " play to win" with their new ranking system. Myteam looks the same with the nice new addition of the gauntlet mode and Myleague and MYGM have new customization that are fun to mess around with. Also another strong point is the new Myplayer customizations and improvements, I felt like the new improvements actually felt like you were getting better rather than buying everything.
    But now here are the downsides that keep this game away from perfect 10. First of all NBA 2K is an annual release so if you have an updated roster you can probably stick to NBA 2k15. and secondly is Mycareer. The new Spike Lee directed Mycareer mode felt like you were controlling someone else's career rather then yours hence ruining the name MYcareer.
    Overall 2k16 is a dominate sports and even if you don't get it free it deserves the $50-$40 purchase that it is.
  41. Jul 3, 2016
    Nba2k16 (Ps4) is the best Nba game i ever played in years! the graphics is great the players look exactly the same you can see the shoes that their wearing it's awesome! i can not wait to play Nba2k17 : )
  42. Sep 23, 2016
    I'm just writing at least 150 characters because I wanted to save this review in a more convenient way to look back at scores that I had given stuff as a user.
  43. Jan 31, 2018
    The first NBA 2K I played. All Modes are pretty cool to be honest only thing I don't like is that the servers are shut down so fast, so you have to get a newer title more often. I did not know that the franchise did not evolve but devolve for the next titles therefore 2K16 gets a much higher score than the following 2Ks.
  44. Feb 21, 2018
    the king of sports games!! 100% recommended! The closest I've seen of reality!

1. Mar 3, 2016
    NBA 2K16 has raised the bar not just for future iterations of the series but for every sports game developed beyond this point.
  2. CD-Action
    Dec 16, 2015
    Let’s forget about terrible cutscenes directed by Spike Lee – the game itself is still a joy to play. [12/2015, p.54]
  3. Dec 15, 2015
    NBA 2K16 continues to be at the top of its game, even if the new career mode isn’t everything I wanted from a Spike Lee joint.