8.6

1. Apr 26, 2021
    Great game, terrible remake/reamster.

I want to be clear here, I like the game, I also played a Nier Automata and have an original Nier on xbox 360. So I will say I have no complains about a game as an original , but what is this as a new version? It's just terrible... I can't understand why on Xbox series X it's 1440p and on PS5 it's 1080p because it's only original version of a
    Great game, terrible remake/reamster.

It's just terrible...
    I can't understand why on Xbox series X it's 1440p and on PS5 it's 1080p because it's only original version of a game...
    So it does look like they did a better version for xbox one x but didnt care about ps4pro version.

And dont get me wrong , I have both ps5 and xsx , but I just got a ps4 version, cause I thought both of a consoles gonna have more or less same versions, but no. What a joke.

You gonna say probably graphics is not a main thing in a game , and I totally agree with that.
    I still absolutely enjoying games on nintendo switch either tv or handheld.
    But its a lame remaster/remake...
    They didnt care to add much more details for a characters, world and so on.
    But why didnt you do anything with a picture itself ? What happening with this exposition , or fog effect or how you gonna call it? Why it does look awful in main location and does look better in an outer world?
    Why you decided to make a game easier compare to an original?
    I've played a day before an original game it it wasnt a hardcore, but now you need to much really less heats to kill an enemy. Why?

I waited for this game, I wanted to play it again , but it's a total joke to realease a game in 2021 and to do a better version for one console and totally dont give a crap for another console.

I would never buy a game from square enix , at the first days without checking all specs for all platforms.
  2. May 2, 2021
    Complete Ripoff from the original Nier. All they did was change the father character to the kid from the Nier automata... and kept everything from the original game the same. Completely screwing people over who paid good money for something that they where so lazy to just change a character and resale the original game.. such BS...
  3. May 7, 2021
    The Nier Replicant is an epic disgrace of 2021. This remaster/remake defiles the 2010 game with PS3 and Xbox 360.
    To begin with, the game has changed its design for the sake of similarity to the Nier Automata. But at the same time, he does not try to be very similar. This is just a terrible rethinking of the cult game in a new ill-favored cover. The characters have become ugly, the graphics in general look even worse than in the original 2010. In 2021, at PS5 and Xbox Series X, OMG. This is very clearly visible on Grimoire Weiss, it became like a fan-made papier-mâché craft, and not an ancient holy book in a shiny silver binding. Kaine from an extremely beautiful person also became like a cheap fake. Was it impossible to make a remaster/remake faithful to the original, as in the case of Ninja Gaiden Sigma and No More Heroes Heroes' Paradise? Where they just improved the already very good graphics, without changing the design and small details.
    In this game, the gameplay was also changed, making it faster and more understandable for the mass player. This is a dubious innovation, as it spoils the feeling of melancholy and immersion in the world of Nier. But at the same time he did not look like Nier Automata.
    So ... I don't know who this game was made for. To me, as a fan of the old game, this is a spit in the soul. And fans of Nier Automata won't like this version either.
    Why not at least release the original as it is? So do Nintendo with their games, and Sony with PS2 games. I guess it wouldn't take so much wasted energy and would please both fans and new gamers looking to experience the classics.
    1/10 for being able to remember the name of an old game and buy yourself a version on PS3.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 80 Critic Reviews

Nier Replicant is a chameleon, as its slow start serves as a siren song that leads to explosive emotional crescendos and satisfying narrative payoffs.
  2. May 6, 2021
    NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139… is a pitch perfect update to one of the greatest stories ever told in the medium. Combat feels fast and fluid, much like players’ tears once they finish the game. The new content feels natural, magic is more useful than ever, and the reprised music and voice over bring the world to life.
  3. May 5, 2021
    NieR Replicant 1.22 is an outstanding remake and an excellent action RPG in its own right. Combat is fast paced, focused, and well varied between three distinct weapon types and eight magic spells. Dungeons appear simple but their design is deceptively clever, and they carry a Legend of Zelda-esque charm to them. The visuals are greatly improved from the original, from character models to background details. Bosses are downright bombastic, masterfully juggling tense battles with visceral set pieces. The story is simply beautiful, making brilliant use of music to amplify already deeply emotional storytelling. Above all else, Replicant plays into concepts only possible in a video game - leading to a genuinely unforgettable experience. If you only play one game this year, make it NieR Replicant 1.22.