4.7

1. Aug 10, 2016
    The following is my first impression of the game after day one and playing about 8 hours. First off the lack of inventory space in the early going was a huge pain. I was constantly being alerted about no inventory space and it was extremely annoying. I realised very quickly that this is not a game meant for hoarders and even if you think its a good idea to hold onto that rare materialThe following is my first impression of the game after day one and playing about 8 hours. First off the lack of inventory space in the early going was a huge pain. I was constantly being alerted about no inventory space and it was extremely annoying. I realised very quickly that this is not a game meant for hoarders and even if you think its a good idea to hold onto that rare material at the start of the game, don't, as you'll be able to find plenty more when you actually need it. One of the first things I did was start working towards upgrading my inventory space. I explored some planets, found some suit upgrades, and gradually sold all the things I could find along the way which allowed me to buy a new ship with more inventory slots as well. After eight hours my inventory space had almost doubled and it made the game much more enjoyable when I did as you spend less time trying to organise your stuff. Otherwise the pros and cons so far for me are:

PROS
    Vast open world with plenty to explore
    Ability to upgrade to a wide variety of different ships and multi-tools
    Transitioning from planet exploration to space exploration is always fun
    Landscape looks amazing on some planets from afar
    Different puzzles to solve to earn rewards is nice
    Wide variety of different alien species is pretty cool

CONS
    Sprint is mapped to R3 while moving is mapped to L3. Seriously who the hell thought this was a good idea? This was a major issue for me and is totally different from any gaming standard out there and was a terrible design decision. Hopefully it gets patched in a future version as I fail to see why it was done this way.
    While the planets have lots of variety they lack any real depth
    No clear objectives or goals
    No ability to connect with friends to play even as a duo
    Textures are god awful up close (PS2 level textures)
    Draw distance runs into issues when flying low on planets
    No fast travel to previously discovered map markers
    No dialogue or good audio effects make you want to play your own music
    Various outposts and space stations feel small and limited thus far (some doors are locked though so maybe they will expand at higher levels)

As you can tell I've listed a lot of cons however even with these cons I've been enjoying the game. It is going to be a game that is what you make it to be. The first hump to get over at the start was pretty tough but once you learn to adjust I found it got better. For example I've started to set my own goals, stopped hoarding materials and sell everything, and never stay long on barren desolate planets. I think that is something important to keep in mind as well. If the planet looks like a dump then it is probably going to be as fun exploring as an actual dump would be. Remember there are 18 quintillion planets so if the planet doesn't look like it would be fun to explore then move onto the next one. In the eight hours I explored six planets and I always had the most fun on planets that had everything to offer whereas the barren planets were extremely dull and boring.

In the end my recommendation would be buy if you really enjoy exploration/survival games, wait for a price drop if you only mildly enjoy exploration or survival, and pass if you don't like those style of games or if graphics and a great soundtrack are really important to you. This game will not be for everyone.
  2. Aug 23, 2017
    Finally had to lower my review to a 0. The latest patches screwed up my home planet and made it unlivable, my base got randomly moved up in the air, my NPCs removed and my missions reset. I did ask for help through their support website but they probably ignored it since I never got any reply.
  3. Aug 10, 2016
    Nms is an mostly average game with a small amount of things to do, the problem in this game is that wayyy to much time and resources have been spend in developing these wast galaxies resulting in a balancing deficiency in the game, although i have to admit that the planets are freaking fantastic theres so much to explore and find on these planets, so im not really suprised that the gameNms is an mostly average game with a small amount of things to do, the problem in this game is that wayyy to much time and resources have been spend in developing these wast galaxies resulting in a balancing deficiency in the game, although i have to admit that the planets are freaking fantastic theres so much to explore and find on these planets, so im not really suprised that the game has a lack of things to do, but another huge problem is that after 2-3 hours the game gets repetitive, and it just sucks that other devs are just trying to rip people OFF , id recommend you to wait till the price drops its not a terrible game but its definetly not good :) Expand
  4. Aug 14, 2016
    It takes someone who is extremely patient and can spend long hours just exploring different, but very similar, looking planets in the game. For all others, including myself, this game was extremely boring. The entirety of the game can be summed up like this: Start on a planet, mine it for its resources to build ever increasingly hard to build different items to get to another planet to doIt takes someone who is extremely patient and can spend long hours just exploring different, but very similar, looking planets in the game. For all others, including myself, this game was extremely boring. The entirety of the game can be summed up like this: Start on a planet, mine it for its resources to build ever increasingly hard to build different items to get to another planet to do the same thing over again. There's very little to do in the game beyond collecting things. The big end goal of reaching the center of the universe is barely a goal. The game is meant to be explored and each planet basically mined for everything it has. It's not something I enjoy and I don't know anyone who would enjoy it. I'm sure someone exists out there who would like this game. I definitely did not however. Expand
  5. Aug 26, 2016
    A hipster game made by literal hipsters (look it up at the developers wearing flannel shirts, ironic tees), using a hipster non threatening color palette, a hipster UI, a hipster space ship, a hipster name, a hipster design aesthetic, a hipster logo, even the aliens are hipsters.

If you bought this game and you're not a hipster then you're just a loser. Which means I'm a loser too.
  6. Aug 13, 2016
    For the $60 price tag I feel I've been ripped off a bit. NMS was pretty fun and adventurous for the first few hours and since then it seems I'm just playing so I don't feel like I gave away my hard earned money to charity. The game could be a bit better with some simple things like #1. Why on earth does this game not mark landmark discoveries on your current planet.....or at the leastFor the $60 price tag I feel I've been ripped off a bit. NMS was pretty fun and adventurous for the first few hours and since then it seems I'm just playing so I don't feel like I gave away my hard earned money to charity. The game could be a bit better with some simple things like #1. Why on earth does this game not mark landmark discoveries on your current planet.....or at the least allow me to instantly travel back on waypoints. It's extremely frustrating so re-search the same thing over and over just to trade. That's my biggest complaint by far just because it's such an obvious thing that should have been done. Also while it's wonderful that we can randomly generate ridiculous looking creatures we couldn't randomly generate different bases and buildings. It's all the same all the time. Aliens interaction is all the same as well. Now these 2 things could be a little less bothersome had someone taken the time to create at least the slight bit of variety. I also think it wouldn't have been to much to ask to put in more tracking stats.....such as I've mined x amount of gold and iridium. My next complaint is upgrades seem to be lacking as most of them aren't all that good. I've only had time for like 4 good play sessions since launch and I'm already bored debating to sell it and cut my losses or keep it while hoping they add to the game. I'm so bored in fact I paused so I could come here create an id and review the game. I honestly don't see what the creators have to be proud of other than the being able to randomly generate this vastness. Good job to them that's an awesome thing and one day someone will use that to build some really great games. The problem I see is that not enough things were created to keep that randomness truly random feeling. It's the same few items splice together just slightly different. That's the biggest letdown. I was excited for the game didn't have multiplayer expectations didn't have storyline expectations.....I expected what I thought was coming a huge game with plenty to discover only to find out that all those discoveries are way too similar to really be considered different. If I took a rainbow and made it a square then a circle maybe change around the colors is that really all that different?...No not really. Well sadly that's all this game is. He'll there aren't even that many different style ships or multi tools and those are the 2 most important things in the damned game. Really guys all those years and you couldn't come up with some different designs wtf. If I weren't hopeful that you'll add on to and enhance this game I'd suggest ya close up shops and go find jobs with companies that know what they are doing. I've log complained about the lack of variety in games as most of them are just clones of others doing this same thing with a different look and story but goddamn at least they make the effort to make it look different. Expand
  7. Aug 17, 2016
    No Man's Sky is the child you put your time, money and effort into in hope that they will make you and themselves proud. When the time came for that child to show it's potential, shame, disappointment and blindness was all that ensued.
  8. Aug 27, 2016
    There just isn't a game here. You get about eight hours of entertainment before you realize there's nothing to do. Even with limitless exploration, there's almost nothing to explore. It's all the same. Maybe if they put back everything they took out, it would be worth it. This is a $10 game at best.
  9. Aug 15, 2016
    I played for more than 15 hours, trying to convince myself this game was everything I expected it to be. I kept pushing forward, making me believe I was playing what was promised to me. The hype was real and so was my disappointment.

No Man's Sky is an INCREDIBLE game and a true achievement in gaming. It's a hallmark, it's history, it's gigantic, ambitious, glorious, miraculous in its scope. It's just NOT the game we were promised. And it pains me to admit that.

My initial reaction was... WOW, this game is incredible. But after hours and hours playing, it was clear that this game is ocean wide and puddle deep. There is just not much to do. No quest, no sidequests, not much of a lore. Just endlessly wandering around, gathering materials, trying to upgrade stuff while you juggle your inventory slots. It gets so, so incredibly boring it's a shame. Basically this is a game about mining materials, managing inventory and walking/flying around from planet to planet until you reach the ultimate goal: "the center of the galaxy".

The game just has no purpose, no point and it saddens me to say that it got old really fast. It's a shame. If they had thrown in a decent story and some sidequests to keep us moving forward, this could've been one of the greatest games ever made. As of now, it's a space-mining simulator.
  10. Aug 15, 2016
    I've been awaiting this game with anticipation for some time I really wanted to like it but unfortunately the two words I'd use to describe it are boring and repetitive. The purpose of the game is to gather resources; unfortunately that's it. You start with little storage capacity which means a lot of what you gather you have to discard. You strive to accumulate enough money to buy aI've been awaiting this game with anticipation for some time I really wanted to like it but unfortunately the two words I'd use to describe it are boring and repetitive. The purpose of the game is to gather resources; unfortunately that's it. You start with little storage capacity which means a lot of what you gather you have to discard. You strive to accumulate enough money to buy a bigger ship so you don't have to throw as much stuff away. The game boasts are huge number of planets but the difference between them is just the colour and what's available to pick up. After a couple of days play I feel I've got all the enjoyment I can from this game. Expand
  11. Aug 14, 2016
    I took a big risk in buying this game but I wanted something different to all the usual games I play. No Man's Sky is a different game to most but the differences are pretty boring and repetitive.

At the beginning I have a damaged spaceship in need of repair. Probably the only time I was excited out of this whole game. It's a goal, to fix this ship and get out of this **** hole of a planet with weird animals you'd see in a Cirque De Soleil performance.

Done.

I'm in space, let's jump into another planet. Mine **** learn an alien language, try not to make the alien's angry, solve a puzzle get an upgrade for your multi tool. **** I already have it. Finish with the planet.

Jump to another planet do it all again. Visited all the planets in the system? Get a Hyperdrive, jump to another system. Do it again. Not once, twice, three times...BUT FKN A QUINTILLION TIMES!

If you're into botany and zoology naming animals and plants this is a game for you. I did a fair share of naming animals. Blade Headed Space Fox is probably my best species. Look for it on planet 'Why Did I Buy This Game'. (Btw that is the actual of my planet). Blehh

My wait for Ark: Survival for PS4 continues
  12. Aug 17, 2016
    Now that I'm 30 hours in, and trapped in the exact same grim resource-grind that I began on my starting planet, I'm ready to call it a day with NMS. The gameplay doesn't evolve or advance and what's there isn't enough to carry the game through completion.

NMS does has its moments; the seamless transitions when travelling between planets, occasional beautiful vista and procedurally-generated creatures can lead to some rather profound experiences early-on. For me, the magic wore off pretty quickly; I began to dread landing on planets just to chase after resource icons and hoover-up rocks. Perhaps if Hello Games adds some of the features they talked about during development that didn't make the final cut, this game will have the content needed to stand on its own. As it stands, NMS' universe is a dreadfully boring place.
  13. Aug 12, 2016
    This is a really pretty shell of a game. It feels like something you'd get from Steam Greenlight. The core gameplay mechanics are there and the foundation of the game is present, but that's about it. The more you see, the more shallow and empty the universe becomes. Because again, this feels like a beta. It feels like they spent all this time building 18 quadrillion worlds but forgot toThis is a really pretty shell of a game. It feels like something you'd get from Steam Greenlight. The core gameplay mechanics are there and the foundation of the game is present, but that's about it. The more you see, the more shallow and empty the universe becomes. Because again, this feels like a beta. It feels like they spent all this time building 18 quadrillion worlds but forgot to spend any time on things to do on those planets.

This game is all about grinding. You collect material to fuel your ship to go to another place to collect fuel for your ship. Sometimes your buy a new ship, but the weapons will be the same and you'll probably just end up having more room to collect fuel for your ship.

The beta feel is only enhanced by the several small flaws in the game that really add up to make things tedious and frustrating. Ridiculously slow walking speeds. Constantly fueling up the eight or so things that need fuel. The awkward cursor movement with an analogue stick to control everything in the menus. The rendering distance is similar to Playstation 2 era graphics, not PlayStation 4.

Most of the joy comes from finding a really interesting combination from the procedurally generated worlds, but after a while, you only start to see the individual parts of the whole. Four-legged guy with fins. Four-legged guy with horns. Oh! Four-legged guy with fins and horns!
  14. Aug 14, 2016
    Entrancing for the first few hours. Once the novelty of travelling to different planets wears off as they all become the same, the game loses its appeal all at once. Collecting resources is as much fun as vacuuming, and the game gives you a universe-sized carpet.
  15. Aug 27, 2016
    I'm a hundred hours into the game and it keeps getting better. The user score is a travesty. It's only butt hurt players that are shoveling coal into the hate train to keep it going full-bore. The game is by no means perfect, however it's fun and the base for the game is solid. Depending on where Hello Games takes it from here, it could become amazing. If you've ever dreamed of exploringI'm a hundred hours into the game and it keeps getting better. The user score is a travesty. It's only butt hurt players that are shoveling coal into the hate train to keep it going full-bore. The game is by no means perfect, however it's fun and the base for the game is solid. Depending on where Hello Games takes it from here, it could become amazing. If you've ever dreamed of exploring our universe via spaceship, this game fullfils that. Expand
  16. Aug 28, 2016
    Just a really lovely little game: not much to do but wander and wonder. I'm not sure that many people want this sort of experience from a video game, but for those of us that do, we will be playing for a long time to come.
  17. Aug 13, 2016
    Pro.
    -massive, full scale galaxies to explore.
    -can be absolutely gorgeous at times. -sound design and in game music is of a very high standard. -Devoleper Hello Games has stated this game won't ever get paid dlc, instead it will support game with regular patches. This is the reason why i won't list the somewhat hefty purchase price as a con. -game has massive potential to evolve over
    Pro.
    -massive, full scale galaxies to explore.
    -can be absolutely gorgeous at times.
    -sound design and in game music is of a very high standard.
    -game has massive potential to evolve over time into something truly special and unique.
    -Awesome retro scifi spaceship designs.

Cons.
    -game does crash a bit.
    -A.I is very basic, to put it nicely.
    -while the U.I looks nice, it is a chore to use.
    -way too much time is spend in the inventory screen, sometimes during combat, like charging shields in a dogfight for example. It just kills the flow of the game imo. Also, not enough space in this inventory, making it a micro management nightmare.
    -The robotic computer voice cannot be turned off.
    -very basic, text based story telling in which the static characters you meet are very forgettable.
    -The resource collecting part of the game is just not fun.
    -planet and space combat feels very basic.
    -puzzles repeat after a while.
  18. Aug 16, 2016
    Game is good. Game might not be good for everyone, but I enjoy it, so it's good for me. I have what some people might call a "substance abuse problem" and what some other people might call a "crippling alcohol addiction." And that might not seem relevant, but hear me out.

So I'll start playing FO4 or something, sober, but with my 1.75 liter bottle of rum by my side. Next thing you know I wake up the next morning, log in to FO4, and discover that I've killed 200 of my settlement dwellers and my character is in his underwear in Far Harbor wielding a pool cue. That type of stuff sets you back quite a bit in FO4.

And this is why NMS is so great. So far the worst that has happened, in the same situation, is that I trashed my entire inventory and named 32 different planets stuff that is mostly related to the male genitalia. And the former is no big deal, because it's pretty easy to replenish your inventory, and the latter is pretty awesome, right?

So, to recap: game is good.
  19. Aug 16, 2016
    I love this game, it's a game where you have to have a certain mindset to enjoy, it's not for everyone, in fact, if we put this objectively, it's pretty shallow and not that good. But either way, I liked it because it just gives me those childhood imaginations where I would be the frontier of space exploration, discover new solar systems, discover new galaxies! Get to the center of theI love this game, it's a game where you have to have a certain mindset to enjoy, it's not for everyone, in fact, if we put this objectively, it's pretty shallow and not that good. But either way, I liked it because it just gives me those childhood imaginations where I would be the frontier of space exploration, discover new solar systems, discover new galaxies! Get to the center of the universe! Etc. etc.
    This is basically just fulfilling a childhood dream, most people probably forgot theirs or didn't want to go to space, which probably is why most people don't like it, but for space enthusiasts like me, I love it.

Also for the fact I promised to marry the daughter of a warrior race's general without even understanding much of their language, come to speak of it, I like the mechanics where you have to build the knowledge of another species' language.

I like this game, but take my word with a grain of salt, this is a love-it-or-hate-it game.
  20. Aug 13, 2016
    --Pros--
    - Huge number of planets, moons, black holes, space stations, spaceships, species, plants and aliens to find and explore
    - Visually unique and beautiful - Beautiful sounds and music - Space looks beautiful and there's a number of things to do in it such mine asteroids, steal cargo from freighters or defend it from pirates - There are 3 alien species that you find all over
    --Pros--
    - Visually unique and beautiful
    - Beautiful sounds and music
    - There are 3 alien species that you find all over planets or space stations which you can interact with. Most of the times talking to them proves useful.
    - Interesting ways of finding out about the lore of the game (learning alien languages and alien history)
    - The goal reaching the center gives an indirect narrative without pushing you to necessarily follow
    - Surviving can be challenging. The main challenges are surviving harsh environments (heat, cold, radiation, toxicity, various types of storms and extreme night temperatures), your inventory capacity will never be enough so you have to carefully choose what is gonna be actually useful for you and of course, reaching the center which requires ship, exosuit and multitool upgrades as well as money (for potentially buying a new ship or buying a rare item or element)

--Cons--
    - Mining and gathering resources can get repetitive
    - Crafting and upgrading can get really painful. For instance, in order to obtain a certain (and vital) kind of fuel, you have to gather certain elements, which then combine them to create an item, which you then combine it with another element to craft another item, which again combine it with two other elements to create your final desired item. And some of these things are really hard to find sometimes!
    - A lot of similarities between planets sometimes give the impression of discovering the same things over and over. For instance, theres a plant that can be found on every planet. It's just different colour each time. All the hate stems from this downside in my opinion, along with the next point, which is..
    - No multiplayer. This is not a game which you meet up with friends and you go destroy a huge freighter or even space stations and get tons of loot. Though I understand Hello Games of not wanting this to be an MMO, they could add at least some element of interaction with other players
    - NPCs prove useful but the animations of them could be better
    - Numerous issues with PC version
    - While ground and space combat is fun, it could be more elaborate.

It's not as good as we all thought it would be. But I really don't get all the hate. At the very least this game is gonna give you 20-30 hours of fun until it wears down for most people. I admit I was in the hype train for a long time and I let myself get a bit disappointed but No Man's Sky remains a good game. It's just not the hype level of good. One last thing. In the beginning it can be overwhelming for some, just be patient and understand that the game pushes you to find out how to do things by exploring.
  21. Aug 15, 2016
    This is not a perfect game, in fact there is not much game to it. I do disagree with anyone that states this game deserves a rating below 5. It's hard for me to state that this game didn't set out and deliver on what it promised. It was hurt more by the build up of expectations then on what it delivered. Misunderstandings of the mechanics and player interactions.

What this game is,

What this game is, is an archaeology survival space fantasy. If you go in with the mind of discovering and chronicling what you have seen. If you take your time to learn the lore of the alien races before pushing to the next star system, the game is much more enjoyable. Due to randomization your experience is going to vary. I have seen reviews of people finding nothing but desolate rocks, and other who have found nothing but abundant resources. This greatly changes the experience for an individual.

My personal experience has been a mix of everything, lush jungle planets devoid of species, rocks crawling with life and little resources. My first planet had sentinels on high alert, so I had to constantly run and hide for every resource I found, In fact, outside of an encounter with space pirates and attempting to protect a cargo fleet, that has been my only death. I have put in at least 25 hours since picking up the game on Tuesday, and am only on my fifth star system. Because, this is a game about exploring. It feels almost like a metaphor for life. We have a goal, we have an end, but what we make of it, what we experience along the way and how we enjoy it, matters more.

Bottom line, this is a game that relies heavily on what the gamer puts into it. It hits perfectly on the target that Sean Murray aimed. A choose your own adventure, science fiction, exploration, with a story that you have to go looking for. It was never meant to appeal to everyone. It was created to test boundaries and genres and I feel that even in this imperfect state it has done that.
  22. Aug 15, 2016
    So i had to create an account just to go to bat for this game. Anyone complaining that the game is trash is just not really understanding what type of game this is. Likely they were swept away with their own expectations. For me personally the game is on a 9 or 8.5 level due to some of the technical issue. I think that the 7.0 metacritic score is deserved. The 4.9 user rating is not.
  23. Aug 16, 2016
    This is hands down the best game I have ever played, a refreshing change from linear stories, predictably similar FPS's, and all the other crap fed to gamer's today. NMS's developers are trying to push the boundaries of what games can do and taking brave risks in attempt to bring us something that's truly different. There are some occasional bugs, but they are completely forgivable and IThis is hands down the best game I have ever played, a refreshing change from linear stories, predictably similar FPS's, and all the other crap fed to gamer's today. NMS's developers are trying to push the boundaries of what games can do and taking brave risks in attempt to bring us something that's truly different. There are some occasional bugs, but they are completely forgivable and I have faith Hello Games will patch everything to make the experience more robust and less buggy. Who should not play this game? If you like a heavily scripted story arc, if you like to be told what to do, if you like instructions, if you like quick results, if you have no patience, if you are obsessed with the most photo real graphics if you want perfection spoon fed to you ... basically if you are a sheep in the herd who gets too many cuddles from mummy and daddy and think the world owes you some debt of gratitude from streaming pathetic videos online because you aren't talented enough to do anything else with your life.. you should avoid this game. It'll probably annoy you. For everyone else that likes a challenge, enjoys exploration, has a passion for sci-fi old and new, anyone who dreamed of flying a spaceship through the cosmos and discovering creatures that have never been seen before, for anyone that daydreams about whats beyond our planet ... get this game. Its Beautiful, frustrating, exciting and I can only imagine its going to be even better in VR. BUY IT. Expand
  24. Aug 17, 2016
    When I play this game, I get this energetic feeling of enthusiasm I had as a kid when I played Diablo 2 or the first days of World of Warcraft. We all know this feeling from some game or another, but as the years pass it gets more difficult to attain this feeling again. I found it with this game and that's why I wanted to share this with you.

I registered on MetaCritic in order to write

I registered on MetaCritic in order to write this review, because I believe this game deserves a much higher rating than it currently received.

I have been looking out to this game since the first trailer came out (like, 2 years ago?). I'm 27 years old, and I game casually nowadays. This will not be a competitive game, or maybe in some future updates but not at the moment.

What I like about this game: the size. It's absolutely unimaginably big. And beautiful. I have visited around 10-15 planets, and some of them were absolutely amazing. I cannot stop thinking about how they fixed this randomly generated planet and it still looks almost better than some pre-created scenarios from other games.

Personally I think there is enough to do. I like the concept of Minecraft, and this game resembles it in SOME ways, but don't believe you are buying yourself a second Minecraft game. It's bigger (or more easily/fun to travel around), way more beautiful, different theme (space), the whole feeling is different.

BUY IF:
    You want to play a relaxing game after work/alone/with your girlfriend
    Like the concept of adventure/discovering things
    Like the concept of crafting things
    Like the concept of randomness
    Want a game for your kids (I believe this is great for children; very child-friendly and learning wise much better than shooters etc)

DONT BUY IF:
    You want action
    You want a shooter
    You don't like to search a cave for 10 minutes, not sure what you will find
    You don't like to travel a lot (the travel is beautiful, but you will travel a lot)

This is my personal opinion, I hope it may be of some help to some people. I'm really great I bought this and it's the first game in years that gets me that enthusiastic feeling. Thanks for reading!
  25. Aug 23, 2016
    Hello Games promised a lot of features that aren't included in the final release. Sean Murray is a big liar. I think that this game is overpriced, 60$ is too expensive for an incomplete game like this.
  26. Aug 23, 2016
    Possibly one of the worst games I've ever played, promises broken no objective, Repetitive farming around an hour of fun, once you've flown its a joke.
  27. Aug 16, 2016
    This game is exactly what I was expecting, an exploration game. In the first hours I could find different aliens, learn words from their language, gather resources, sell and trade them making money to get more slots in my inventory and purchase a new ship plus creating different improvements that make my life exploring this universe easier.

There are not loading screens and you can just

There are not loading screens and you can just land in and land off anywhere, but in the negative side I have to admit randomization is not coherent... most things are weird or even ugly and hard to believe they could be real (not to mention physics) so I think a more controlled randomization would have helped to trust what I see.

It is been taking a while to see planets different from the one I started, but seems it is possible, somehow, from what I could see in other player's media. I had no luck yet but I'm curious. Seems like I need to travel further by improving my ship.

This game has a lot of potential but many people are complaining about it because they expected more combat, action, maybe even quests and a fast paced progress. It is not and was never expected it to be. You explore a vast universe, it takes time, it is slow… and rewarding.

Hello Games already announced they will allow you to build things in future patches so, as always in XXI century, this game will never be finished and in continuous evolution.
  28. Aug 30, 2017
    I bought the game after hearing the patches have made it much better, but find the game very tedious. Everything costs a fortune in the game, but there aren't any fun ways to make the all units (the game's currency) you'll need. It's fun at first, but quickly becomes repetitive. There's a creative mode, but then it cuts out the work. It needs a mode in between regular and creative whereI bought the game after hearing the patches have made it much better, but find the game very tedious. Everything costs a fortune in the game, but there aren't any fun ways to make the all units (the game's currency) you'll need. It's fun at first, but quickly becomes repetitive. There's a creative mode, but then it cuts out the work. It needs a mode in between regular and creative where costs are not so outrageous that the game becomes tedious. It would also be better if resources required to refuel were lower (I find myself spending 10min of every hour restocking the basic items before I can resume collecting more useful items needed to progress). Expand
  29. Sep 14, 2016
    land on dead planets with little houses scattered around them, in some houses there an (always the same) alien standing around doing nothing, you can click them to receive useless objects. Oh, you can shoot weird laser weapon at near identical rocks to receive useless resources. once you landed on your first planet, you have seen the entire game, no need to visit 18 quintillion more. nextland on dead planets with little houses scattered around them, in some houses there an (always the same) alien standing around doing nothing, you can click them to receive useless objects. Oh, you can shoot weird laser weapon at near identical rocks to receive useless resources. once you landed on your first planet, you have seen the entire game, no need to visit 18 quintillion more. next up is paid dlc, it'll be payed because sean said it'll be free, I'm guessing $29.99 for an extra 20 quintillion planets with absolutely nothing on them.

Liars
  30. Dec 3, 2016
    No Man's Sky is just an infinite mass of giving you the same experience over and over for however long you drag yourself through it. There is no story or real objectives, so everything you do is pretty much pointless. There is NO point in playing this game, and as such, no one should have wasted their time with it.

It's just a buggy Minecraft ripoff on LSD, without being able to create

It's just a buggy Minecraft ripoff on LSD, without being able to create anything or even have fun.
  31. Nov 3, 2016
    Extremely dissatisfied and disappointed. However, we need to consider that ths game was made by a tiny team. The disappointment was caused by terrible marketing and false advertising. It is an average game with very impressive tech.
  32. Aug 15, 2016
    No Man's Sky is certainly not for everyone; but if you've ever dreamed of piloting a spaceship through the galaxy exploring strange new planets and solving ancient mysteries, BUY IT! This is that particular dream come true!

If you're after an MMO, PvP, hardcore dogfighting in space or realistic graphics, step away; this is not for you. Graphics are not photo-realistic, but gorgeous

Graphics are not photo-realistic, but gorgeous and consistent. The procedural engine generates an infinite variety of plants, creatures, and planets (although, of course, there are lots of similarities). On the PS4 at least the gameplay is smooth (even while streaming). My only complaint here is the visibility of "pop-in" as the terrain-generators do their work well within the draw-distance, but that's only really visible while flying over terrain at low altitude. As of the current (1.03) patch, there's a few minor issues (some misspelled words, height/weight of creatures transposed, etc) but generally not noticeable.

The interface is at times a touch clunky (can definitely tell it was originally designed for PC) but works well enough. My only gripe here is that there seems to be no way to set up hot keys to quickly reload or recharge your equipment. Instead one has to constantly jump into the inventory to do so, which can be a bit hairy in the middle of combat.

Walking around on planets is standard fare for FPS's (although no strafing movement) but for those used to racing through FPS maps the movement might be a bit slow. Personally I don't mind because that's what this game is about (for me) - exploring and enjoying, rather than racing from one POI to the next.

The ship controls are fairly basic - don't expect a full-featured sim like Elite Dangerous - but it works well enough. After some initial frustrations with dog fighting I've now got a technique down which gets results. Flying between planets and stations is quick, at most taking a minute or so (unless interdicted by pirates).

Apart from just running around on planets tagging creatures the player will come across aliens (whose languages have to be learnt), ancient monuments (which give riddles to solve in exchange for goodies), and a variety of installations which can be interacted with. The puzzles I've found so far have been much too easy - it'd be nice if they would adjust based on the players age, or adjust in difficulty to the player. But then I'm only on the first few planets.

There's an overarching quest or story involving the "Atlas", enticing the players towards the center of the galaxy. There's no particular rush to follow this course though, which is nice for players who want to spend some time exploring their starting systems / areas.

Apart from some minor niggles (which hopefully will get patched out), this game is a 10/10 for me.
  33. Sep 7, 2016
    In many ways the victim of its own lofty goals and optimistic hyperbole, in addition to the rigors of game development, the No Man's Sky may not be the game many people were expecting, but it is nonetheless deserving of being considered for what it is, as well as what it is not. It truly is not a game for everybody, or even most people, but for those destined to fall to its charms, it isIn many ways the victim of its own lofty goals and optimistic hyperbole, in addition to the rigors of game development, the No Man's Sky may not be the game many people were expecting, but it is nonetheless deserving of being considered for what it is, as well as what it is not. It truly is not a game for everybody, or even most people, but for those destined to fall to its charms, it is nothing short of revelatory.

So let's begin with what it is not, which is Everything. It is not an endlessly involving, be-all-end-all, behemoth of a game. It is not a Call of Duty filling wrapped in a Skyrim tortilla and flavored with EVE Online and Star Citizen spices. It does not have 18 quintillion wholly unique worlds, with each one entirely different from the next. It is not a game that will hold your hand; it has neither the charming simplicity of a Mario game nor the soul-hardening depth of Dark Souls. It has a storyline of sorts to follow, but there is nothing genuinely world shattering. It is not Minecraft in space. It is not a multiplayer game, though the universe is shared. Nothing you ever do or see will ever be witnessed by anyone, ever, except through screen shots and the nigh impossible chance of crossing paths with another wanderer.

What it is, however, is something that is rarely seen in video games, or indeed any medium, and that is an invitation to explore and ponder. It strands you in outer space, with such an impossible distance to cover that one cannot help but relate that scale to their own existence and, if one is willing to ask such a question, ponder their own amazing insignificance, which to the best of my knowledge has rarely, if ever, been proposed in an interactive format normally focused on player empowerment. No Man's Sky is unflinching in its nihilism -- you will discover animals who will never be seen again, you will see vistas that will exist afterward only in your memory, and the game has no sympathy for the fleeting nature of your existence within it. It is a game built simultaneously on hope and hopelessness -- the anticipation of a powerful moment where the stars (figuratively) align, tempered with the knowledge that this is but a temporary elation.

In less grandiose terms, one can describe No Man's Sky as a stellar walking simulator without the narrative elements. It is the high tech equivalent of exploring via the Google Maps Street View, possibly while on an illicit substance. You are not here to save this universe, merely to observe it, and contemplate.

And, admittedly, make an awful lot of very pretty desktop wallpapers.

So, no, this game is by no means for everybody, or even most people. For me, it was an avenue to introduce my young children to the concept of the universe at large, the absurd scale by which we are such an insignificant speck in both time and space that the odds of us understanding anything concrete is infinitesimal. And it has so sparked their interest that instead of reading Hello Kitty for bedtime, we have a giant book of scientific facts; instead of dolls, my daughter asked for a telescope; instead of ninjas, they want to be scientists and astronauts when they grow up.

I guess, at the end, there should be a numerical value placed on this review, but I'm torn. If a review is to be taken as an individual's personal response to a piece of art, then I would have a hard time giving No Man's Sky less than a perfect 10. The places it has taken my family, and the questions it has made me ask of myself, are invaluable. If, on the other hand, the purpose of a review is to serve as a guidepost for others, then I must more objectively temper my feelings and account for the occasional glitches and crashes, the repetitiveness of the worlds over time, and the dearth of activities beyond exploration and occasional combat and crafting; if that is the route I am to take, I would err a bit lower, as not everyone will fall under the circumstances by which the game has come to mean so much to me.

And then I say to heck with it. This game is magical, and I argue that it transcends the normal expectations of the medium. I give it a 10.
  34. Aug 29, 2016
    No man's sky's beautiful visuals and fun exploration aspects help it overcome its tedious survival mechanics and snap-together creature and planet design

71%
  35. Mar 24, 2017
    boring planets boring gameplay nothing to do

How the **** did 1803 people vote this positive? this is boring repetetive and not even worth 10€ as one could see it as a **** minecraft clone
  36. Aug 28, 2016
    With all the negative attention this game has had I've been able to enjoy it thoroughly.

I've been gaming for 20+ years and have recently struggled really enjoying lots of the AAA games. No Man's Sky is a perfect, casual, chill game. It's not what a lot of people feel was advertised. It's not the what you should get for a AAA title. It's worth the AAA price, in my opinion. It's just

No Man's Sky is a perfect, casual, chill game. It's not what a lot of people feel was advertised. It's not the what you should get for a AAA title. It's worth the AAA price, in my opinion. It's just so muc fun and hopefully it can get better.

If you're on the fence, wait.

If you want a chill space exploration game, get it.
  37. Jan 23, 2017
    You are truly no gamer if you gave a better score than ZERO to this garbage. People say "ah this would be a great game if it was $20" blah blah... then what about all the hype out there? games should be criticized regardless their price; thinking of the hype and the product ratio, this game is an utter trash.
  38. Aug 16, 2016
    Pretty addictive game, enjoy exploring and expanding my inventory. Learning 4 different alien languages is a fun spin in a game. Mining and resource management can be a hassle but it rewards you very well when all is done.
  39. Dec 16, 2016
    I was sooo looking forward to playing this game and I was just so excited when I finally got to try it out. Initially it looks really good, but it's all a bit pointless and directionless. Some of it looks very nice, but the numerous glitches don't help either. Elite Dangerous is probably the best way to go if you want a huge and immersive space universe to explore.
    I'll say goodbye to
    I'll say goodbye to Hello games for this one, at least for the moment.
  40. Aug 22, 2016
    i'm over 100 hours in and still loving this... there are some things that got cut but 90% of what was actually promised is in the game... and more that was purposely never mentioned to keep the surprise wrapped up...

most of the people that are reviewing this badly never even gave it more than 10 hours (many of them less) and it can take 20+ if you don;t know what you're doing to even get to a different colored sun... that's not even a drop in the bucket compared to what's out there...

if you're on the fence on buying it... do yourself a favor and join one of the many FB groups and see all the things people are finding all over the game...
  41. Aug 16, 2016
    No Man’s Sky Review
    Gamers of the Round Table
    No Man’s Sky Review
    Gamers of the Round Table

Have you ever looked up to the night sky and wondered what it would be like to travel through the vast unknown? Developer Hello Games attempts to put players in the role of a universal traveller in their hyped-up hit, No Man’s Sky. The question on everyone’s mind is whether or not No Man’s Sky delivers on the experience promised by its developers. While No Man’s Sky allows players to travel through a near limitless universe, some aspects of the game can be less than engaging.

The Good
    It is important to remember that Hello Games has delivered on everything they said they would with regards to this game. The hype train created by the gaming community raised the expectations beyond anything the developers said about No Man’s Sky. From the beginning, Hello Games has been clear that while there are online features regarding the games universal atlas, this is a single-player game. There are limitless systems to explore in this expansive universe, and making your way throughout the game will require some serious resource management. Resources are stackable in your inventory, but treasures and upgrades are not, and each will take up an inventory space; you must decide what is more important to you, and in many cases the wrong decision can mean your life. Each star system has a space station with a market trader where you can unload your inventory if you want to use the fuel to fly from station to planet for every exploration. The good thing is that asteroids contain fuel for your ships pulse thrusters, along with other valuable resources; even if can find an abundance of fuel on a planet’s surface, look among the void to help you. This means that you’re never really stranded – your ship’s speed and the distance between your location and another planet/objective are calculated realistically, meaning even though you can see a planet in the distance, it could take you four hours or longer without using your pulse thrusters to reach your destination. This can be worrisome until you start blasting asteroids and realize they contain valuable fuel and resources.
    Not only can you discover new planet’s, animals, locations, and plant life, you can upload and change their name. The best part besides claiming everything you see in your name is that you get paid to upload the information. Scanning everything you can see on the planet’s surface can lead to quick cash that can help you upgrade your inventory and multi-tool. You will encounter new aliens and learn about their cultures, beliefs, and shape their attitudes towards you by discovering more about them; the more you learn about an alien race the better your standing becomes. No Man’s Sky milestones system sets goals for you regarding everything you do, whether it’s flying at warp speed, learning alien languages or just trekking on foot. From the very start of the game you are thrown into an adventure to collect resources to survive long enough to repair your ship. No game has offered the level of universal exploration that No Man’s Sky provides.

The Bad
    No Man’s Sky can become repetitive; exploring new planets, discovering alien languages, and gathering resources eventually feel mundane and more task-like than exciting. While new planets can have different eco-systems and resources, the urge to explore them as much as the first few doesn’t last. Landing on every planet you see to claim/re-name them can feel like a chore after a while. It’s important to get out and explore new systems to see what else is out there to feel like the game is progressing. Some milestones do not progress as well as others; most units accrued milestone category doesn’t count the overall cumulative amount of units you trade/earn. Instead, the milestone increases regarding your current unit amount. This can feel like an unrealistic goal to reach as purchasing inventory upgrades and new multi-tools causes the next upgrade to cost more – the more you upgrade, the more it costs, making it difficult to progress through the game and hold the amount of money that allows for the milestone to increase. Additionally, some glitches can be encountered while playing; the extreme weather milestone no longer counting solar rotations while you’re on the planet can be discouraging to players trying to collect all milestones and trophies.

Rating
    9/10 – Recognizing that this is the game that was promised, not the one hyped up beyond expectation, No Man’s Sky does everything it set out to do, even if you have to figure that out on your own. With a few issues that can largely be fixed with an update, this is a game you have to play to experience; watching live-streams, or your friends playing it only gives you a partial experience, like looking at a friend’s photographs from a vacation they took. You can see the fun had, but you didn’t experience it for yourself.
  42. Sep 7, 2016
    um lixo de jogo,não tem multiplayer varios problemas não mostra o que prometeu e esta muito caro para um jogo que devia custar no maximo 100 ou 80 reais
  43. Aug 14, 2016
    A beautiful game that satisfies a lifelong love of sci-fi. It rewards patience and requires engagement with your imagination. These two factors alone make it a very polarizing game. It asks a lot of the player, but for those who are willing, it is an amazing and rewarding experience.

The algorithmically generated planets are alien in the truest sense. I have a profound sense that I am alone and that I am walking a very dangerous path. Dashing to caverns for shelter during snow storms, fighting off angry sentinels and desperately seeking materials I need. All of this in a world smeared with jaw-dropping colors and gorgeous sound design.

For some of us, 'No Man's Sky' just clicks... like crazy... like a geiger counter. I love this game. My advise is this, don't let a critic with his own set of likes and dislikes tell you something isn't worth your time. You could wind up missing out on a very profound personal experience.
  44. Aug 15, 2016
    One of the most beautiful, breathtaking games I have ever played, and what makes it amazing is that it is procedural. I have looked out windows of space stations and see freighter's jump in and behind them sits floating a massive red planet with a green moon hovering above it. This game is not for everyone, but for a sci-fi fan who loves the "experience" of exploring and surviving in aOne of the most beautiful, breathtaking games I have ever played, and what makes it amazing is that it is procedural. I have looked out windows of space stations and see freighter's jump in and behind them sits floating a massive red planet with a green moon hovering above it. This game is not for everyone, but for a sci-fi fan who loves the "experience" of exploring and surviving in a massive and I mean massive universe, then this game is amazing and ground breaking. They have said they will continue to add content and make it better, so I'm going to enjoy the heck out of this game. The fact that this game was created by a small team is no small achievement. Thank you Hello Games!!! I can't wait for the updates and additions. Expand
  45. Aug 16, 2016
    I only played around two hours from the game so this review is rough but I will be addressing combat, story elements, and exploration/space.

First off the combat is good. It does remind me a bit of Fallout. I was only able to fight with the mining tool. At first there was some difficulty aiming but after fighting several drones I got the hang of it. I found some alien pods. Inside I found a weapon on the shelf which was fairly expensive. At this point I was only 30 minutes in and I already found a new weapon which I was very curious as to how it shoots and it's power. This alone gave me the desire to find more guns and to upgrade them. Some crates that I plundered gave me some upgrades to my mining gun. One of the upgrades made my mining gun stronger which is awesome to see. It was not hard to make and it was fun seeing the added power to the mining gun. Your suit is also a key component to the combat in No Man's Sky. Early on I fought many police drones because I did mine that one cave a little too much. But all in all, I felt like I was given too much health. I was taking many hits at the beginning and I was barely at half health. Scaling of health and health upgrades should be changed for the better without a doubt. But like the upgrades for the mining tool, I appreciate the upgrades that can be used on your suit and their effects on combat. Mixing the crafting component with upgrades for the combat aspect of the game is done very well. It makes me want to upgrade more and to test out my gear in battles.

Now on to story elements. This is where the game excels in my opinion. At the very beginning of the game I was given three options when I approached this technology I found. I honestly felt like my choice really made a difference for the story I was playing. And making more decisions like this from objects gives No Man's Sky its RPG edge. I met my first alien near the beginning of the game in one of the alien pods. The alien and I talked, granted I did not know what he was saying, and I was given three options. One of them was to pet, another to feed, and the last was to give credits. Of course I chose to give the alien credits because I do not know their customs and what is appropriate for their race. And on top of that, money talks. The alien was very pleased which made me very happy. I felt like I was one step closer to this unknown alien race. The progression of story on this alien race soon became an important goal for me to attain.

Lastly, I felt like No Man's Sky's exploration and space is slightly a double edged sword. But still I love it. The game is huge and I am definitely one of those guys who loves to explore every point of interest. In fact I will even double check places just to make sure I have everything. Once I started playing I instantly fell in love with it. I was like a boy at the candy shop. It was exhilarating to discover new rocks and plants to mine with my mining gun. At one point I needed a lot of one type of mineral and I mined for about 10 minutes straight. I can see how this can get tiring for majority of players. It was not really for me because I am totally fine with doing monotonous tasks. So with this I am not going to judge whether this is something the game needs to fix because it is depends on the player. And also, if a player should have any problem with doing a task over and over, they could just upgrade their gear so mining can go even faster. I did this and I was appreciative of the upgrade. And here is the thing about mining for so long and gathering materials; it takes up a lot of space. And no I do not mean the space that is galaxies upon galaxies. I am talking about inventory. At the beginning this was a struggle to deal with. I had to constantly go back into inventory and either craft or throw material out. Good thing is that I did not have to throw out many materials because a lot of things in my inventory had a use. For instance my suit needed certain minerals while my mining tool needed other minerals to repair it. Nevertheless, it was still a hassle to deal with. What I do applaud No Man's Sky when it comes to inventory is the sections of inventory. Your ship, your suit and your mining tool all can carry materials. This was helpful and made sense. For instance, whenever my ship thrusters needed repairing I would repair it with minerals found in my ship's inventory and not my mining tool's inventory. It made sense that transferring things from my ship all the way to my suit would not work if the distance was too far.

In conclusion, the combat is good, the story elements are exceptional, and the exploration/space is still a bit rough. I loved the game and I am very thankful that my friend was able to let me test it out. I will without doubt buy the game whenever I get the chance. I am also excited for new updates that will enhance the game further. Never before have I wanted to explore a planet so thoroughly along with the vast No Man's Sky universe.
  46. Aug 16, 2016
    No Man's Sky is a space exploration game....It's also a survival game. You need to find Isotopes to keep your suit and gun running, and to fuel your ship, and other elements for crafting or Fuel. Im not saying that this is hard, as you may just need to scan your surrounding and you'll find a deposit of an element one minute away, but i can see how that would demoralize some people to justNo Man's Sky is a space exploration game....It's also a survival game. You need to find Isotopes to keep your suit and gun running, and to fuel your ship, and other elements for crafting or Fuel. Im not saying that this is hard, as you may just need to scan your surrounding and you'll find a deposit of an element one minute away, but i can see how that would demoralize some people to just stay on a planet in a minimal time. When your on a planet, most of the time, the atmosphere there is harmful, and you'll essentially have a set time limit to either find shelter or get back on your ship. Speaking of your ship, if you land on anything that's not a landing platform, when you launch from the surface, then you'll use 25% of your Launch fuel just to fly up. You fuel the launch with Plutonium, which isnt very hard to find, as you can find crystals everywhere. The point is, that No Man's Sky is a space survival game, where most of the planets you walk on will try to kill you, whether it's the animals, the plants, or even the air. Your life is measured by a lowering meter that you can refuel easily, but the fact that the meter doesnt last for about 20 minutes de-insentivises you to explore the planet. BUT, there is a plethora of things to do, and ways to define who you'll be. You can be a pirate, trader, or explorer. I give this game a 7 because it's a huge game with strict rules, and is bound to repulse some audiences. And it crashes. The game crashes ALOT. Expand
  47. Aug 17, 2016
    Despite its flaws there is something magical about the game. 18 quintillion planets, all unique. You land on one and there's a good possibility you're going to be the only one that ever sees it. It becomes your planet. I love that sense of solitude, and the environments are often very beautiful. Just wandering around exploring is very good stress relief.

That said, there are many

That said, there are many frustrations and disappointments. Inventory management is not fun, and that's a problem because gaining more inventory slots is pretty much the sole form of character progression. You want to craft upgrades, but every upgrade takes up an inventory slot that you can't spare. You want to craft a one time use bypass chip to unlock something, but first you have to destroy things to make room in your inventory. You find a cool looking crashed ship, but it's useless because the inventory is smaller than yours. You find a new multitool with more slots, but you have to craft all your upgrades again only to repeat the whole process an hour later. There's really no point in trying too hard to tune your upgrades until you max out your inventory slots. Gaining inventory slots one by one is a tedious grind, and yet without that, there's almost nothing to strive for.

Alien and terminal interactions are fun, but you begin to see the same logic problems cropping up over and over. I've used the same number to answer the exact same problem at least 5 times now. And while the landscapes and creatures are procedurally generated, there is a very small subset of buildings and interactive objects that you begin to see over and over again.

Other than naming things, there is no way to leave your mark in the world. You can't build anything. You can't change anything. I can't think of a single way to influence the world in any way.

Lastly, there are achievements for scanning 100% of the creatures on a planet, yet there are always 1 or 2 species on a planet that are nigh impossible to find because they are so rare. It took me 3 days of flying around on the same planet before I finally completed this objective just once. Thinking about doing it again makes me want to stop playing.

It's a fun game to wander aimlessly around. In fact I really enjoy doing that. But the moment you start to try to complete any of the games objectives, anything that makes the game an actual game, it starts to become a boring grind.
  48. Aug 28, 2016
    If you have realistic expectations of what a procedurally generated game can be, those expectations will be met or exceeded. The game definitely has some bugs, like anything, and it's not for everyone, but taken honestly for what it is, it's a great game. Ignore the hype, and the anti-hype. It's more than worth the money.
  49. Aug 29, 2016
    Whilst not overly disappointed with the game, the first few hours are amazing! I had (like others) succumbed to the marketing and feel that they did not make a good representation of the actual game I purchased, at full price, something I rarely ever do as I'm happy to wait a year (or sometimes more) for a good online sale; that said, I got all the trophies in a week so I am lucky thatWhilst not overly disappointed with the game, the first few hours are amazing! I had (like others) succumbed to the marketing and feel that they did not make a good representation of the actual game I purchased, at full price, something I rarely ever do as I'm happy to wait a year (or sometimes more) for a good online sale; that said, I got all the trophies in a week so I am lucky that the repetitiveness was so short lived, looking forward to the Free DLC ?!? and more meat on the bones, as it stands the game is not worth the money they are asking and I'm unlikely to play it again any time soon as there is nothing to do!! Expand
  50. Sep 5, 2016
    Simply a big lie .. waste of money

The game lost more than 90% of players not even by the second week post release and that's proof it

Don't buy it .. and if u did try to get ur money back
  51. Sep 6, 2016
    Czy Sony nie respektuje prawa konsumenta? Otrzymałem Towar niezgodny z opisem. Czy regulamin sklepiku sony jest nadrzędny wobec Polskiego prawa?

Sony Computer Entertainment Europ Header Hej Cyprian! Zapoznaliśmy się z Twoją prośbą o zwrot zakupu No Man's Sky. Wiemy, że w sieci pojawiają się komentarze niektórych graczy wyrażające ich rozczarowanie No Man's Sky, jeżeli chodzi o

Sony Computer Entertainment Europ Header
    Hej Cyprian!

Zapoznaliśmy się z Twoją prośbą o zwrot zakupu No Man's Sky.

Wiemy, że w sieci pojawiają się komentarze niektórych graczy wyrażające ich rozczarowanie No Man's Sky, jeżeli chodzi o funkcje dostępne w grze w dniu premiery. Gra ewoluowała i zmieniała się w trakcie tysięcy godzin testów i opinii testerów na temat tego, co działało, a co nie - tak, by dostarczyć najlepsze wrażenia i zabawę w trakcie gry. W trakcie tworzenia tytułu Hello Games podjęło decyzje, które ich zdaniem zapewniłyby najlepsze doświadczenia graczom. No Man's Sky miało być czymś unikatowym, gigantycznym oraz nowatorskim - naszym zdaniem Hello Games osiągnęli swój cel. Zespół developerski pracuje również niesutannie w celu zapewnienia ewolucji gry oraz poszerzenia dostępnych w niej elementów. W związku z powyższym podjęliśmy decyzję o nieodstępowaniu od obowiązującej u nas standardowej polityki zwrotów.

Zgodnie z obowiązującymi zasadami zwrotów gry, dodatki do nich, przepustki sezonowe oraz dodatkowe pakiety w grach (takie jak np. wirtualna waluta), których pobieranie lub streaming zostały rozpoczęte, nie podlegają zwrotom. Ponieważ No Man's Sky zostało przez Ciebie pobrane, nie dokonamy zwrotu za zakup tej gry.
  52. Sep 10, 2016
    The game just has nothing after you have been to one planet you've been to them all, there is no reason to play this game other than to be incredibly bored after a couple of hours, Sean Murray spread lies saying the game has unlimited possibility's , no it doesn't you can do the same thing on every planet, and that is all.
  53. Sep 11, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game is novel only in that small team made an algorithm generate a boring and repetitive game with interesting generated music.

What Can't One Do in NO MAN'S SKY?

Can I keep pets? NO
    Can I breed animals? NO
    Can I build a base? NO
    Can I play with friends? NO
    Can I visit home worlds of advanced alien races or civilizations? NO
    Can I recruit crew members? NO
    Can I keep more than one ship? NO
    Can I sell my ship? NO
    Can I crash my ship? NO
    Can I influence the other races in any way? NO
    Can I craft interesting weapons? NO
    Is the lore behind alien races interesting? NO

Is NMS a Sandbox? No, you can't really edit or change the world.

Are there noteworthy random events? No. NMS has no special events. Everything the game is going to do is hard coded. Expect major patches with huge changes to the game engine / platform if there is even a remote possibility of getting any real special events.

Visual content is generated but the theme is always the same. Every planet looks like a super-saturated overblown colors with a severely limited color pallet. All the NPCs are soulless. All NPC bases look the same. NPC conversations are pathetic.

All planets have the same gravity. Why? Who would go through all this procedurally generated junk and overlook this.

Scientist? Pirate? Trader? Explorer? No difference. You have to manage a stupid-small inventory, manually deal with consumables. Oregon Trail had more strategy going for it than this.

Get to the middle. Yep. That's the goal. Generated a quintillion worlds and the center of it all is the goal.

Why is space so full of "junk" in this made up universe? There is stuff everywhere. I guess once someone feels content worth looking at is generate-able they just go all in with it.

No instructions - come into a battle (distress signal), pick a side, no communications, no instructions

Scanner is useless. You find random strange things. No rhyme or reason as to what gets picked up from space either. Finding things like black holes, space anomalies and space stations is utterly annoying.

Starships have no purpose.

Space combat system is very weak. Much prefer Wing Commander I to this No Man's Sky business

All conversations take a stupid long time to get to the meat. For a repetitive game all time wasting is hugely annoying.

Upgrade system is horrific. Things can't be moved easily or at all. Things you destroy can't be remade. Items you have and destroy and you don't have the blueprint you can't remake. You can't reverse engineer.

No scanner enhancements of significance for the ship.

No notion of a base or a garage. This is totally needed. Also why only allow one ship at a time? Abandoned ships have disappeared on me before I could transfer inventory.

Mapping system is utterly inferior. Just trying to follow star roads is a painful annoying experience.

With the level of technology in this game the scanning and mapping system (or utter lack thereof) is idiotic.
    Flying animals defy physics - not possible. Planet temperatures where Nitrogen and CO2 would be frozen can still have "rain". Element system is idiotic. Why even bother with real element names? All the trades, upgrades and finding broken ships are always idiotically close in size and value of the current ship. What really stinks is when you have a 48 slot ships most of the offers have less than 48 if trying to trade up. No hovering. This is horrific. The NPCs are utterly one dimensional. They are empty, shallow and useless. They also talk very slow and it takes forever to burn through talking with them. If you have to restore from a last save to correct a conversation mistake it takes a long, long time. The fact nothing auto-recharges in a world of warp-drives is idiotic. Crime and punishment is stupid. Sentinels are stupid. The black hole shortcuts are not shortcuts. The Atlas path ending is stupid. All the dialogue for the 10 stops and the 11th Atlas stop is hipster idiot drivel The music tries to have "gravitas" and use base to make dumb situations seem cool. The Atlas path has an entity that often looks like an ridiculous Pokémon ball. I would honestly rather re-play Wing Commander I & II than suffer this game. Every planet out of the 18 quintillion has been discovered before and is littered with alien trash. 18 quintillion planets and only 3 (or 4 races including the nameless faceless speechless one dimensional loser character one is portraying). The word list for each language is the same. For anyone completionist or OCD this game would be nightmarish. You can buy plans from Polo that cost up to 2,000,000 and keep getting the same trash plans you already have. And for junk. Also Omega gear is only for a certain few upgrades. Not knowing easily which is best for each system and best not being easy to identify is just foolishness.
  54. Sep 16, 2016
    Don`t buy, this game is a lie!
    I never see so much lies in a game
    this is the worst game I've ever played
    don`t waste your money on this ****
    burn you money, it will be worth more =]
  55. Oct 12, 2016
    An interesting premise destroyed by weird design decisions. The first few hours of this game are unlike any other experience in gaming - the first time you hop in your ship and leave your planet is magical. It's fun to land on a station for the first time. Meeting your first few NPC aliens is awesome. The graphics aren't spectacular but the art style is great - the colors and design makeAn interesting premise destroyed by weird design decisions. The first few hours of this game are unlike any other experience in gaming - the first time you hop in your ship and leave your planet is magical. It's fun to land on a station for the first time. Meeting your first few NPC aliens is awesome. The graphics aren't spectacular but the art style is great - the colors and design make you feel like you've stepped into an old sci-fi book cover.

Once you land on your second planet, the magic starts to wear off. Hey, wait, didn't I literally see that EXACT same building on the last planet I was on? Why do all the animals on this new planet look really similar to the animals I saw on my last planet? Wait - I literally saw that exact same plant on the last planet I was on.

Ten hours into the game, you start to see the game for the repetitive slog it is. There is no point to doing anything - the only reason to upgrade is so that you can get more inventory slots so that you can hold more resources to get more upgrades to get more slots to get more resources to get more upgrades to get more slots....wait. Ostensibly the main thing you're supposed to do is explore, but this is pointless, since there's nothing to discover. The buildings are all the same copy-pasted things you've seen before. The same plants are on nearly every planet you go to. Animals are rarely exciting to discover because they look like Sporesque mishmashes of parts, and you begin to realize that you've seen almost all of the parts on other planets before. Occasionally you find a really awesome planet, you get excited, take a few screenshots, and then realize that wait, there's still nothing to really do here, because there's basically no content in the game.

The combat is sluggish and uninspired. The UI is worse. Oh, your ship's shields are down. You have plenty of resources with which to charge them again. But wait - you have to open your inventory menu (which doesn't pause, so you're still being shot at during this), manually select your shield module in your inventory, and then select the charge button. The game records your "journey milestones" such as how far you've walked, how many times you've warped, how many ships you've destroyed, etc. However, whenever you get one, a ten to fifteen second long animation plays that inhibits your controls, but doesn't prevent you from taking damage. Oh, you're fighting and you get a milestone? Well screw you, because we're now going to lock your controls while enemies continue to blast you to death. The UI is absolutely terrible, and every element of gameplay in this game feels like it was designed by an artist - because getting the artistic style correct is clearly prioritized over everything else.

Essentially, everything you do is pointless in this game. If the game were priced at $5-$10, my review would be much different, because none of this would've mattered at that price point. However, this is a $60 full-priced release, and is a total rip-off.

On top of the game's problems already - the developers either totally overpromised, or blatantly lied about, features that didn't make it into the final game. They have also been almost totally radio silent since a few weeks after release. They still continue to release bug fix patches, but say almost nothing other than patch notes. They clearly don't care about their playerbase.

Skip this one altogether - save yourself some time and frustration. And at the same time, you can avoid supporting these terrible developers.
  56. Oct 15, 2016
    this game crashs all the time the jogability its horrible sony lies talking the game dont have a multiplayer but the game have a multiplayer worst game ever
  57. Oct 16, 2016
    Who gave this game good reviews?..... its most likely is Sean Murray the director of hello games, who created a created a great base, but no content in the game worth playing....sell the company to a company who can actually use your idea and make it a actual game worth playing,
  58. Mar 21, 2017
    Nothing less than a fraud.

Full price for a tech demo that was marketed as something it's not. I have nothing more to say but go to hell Sony and Goodbye games.
  59. Dec 4, 2016
    Started out promising, but nothing materialized from there. In the first ten or fifteen minutes, you do basically all that there is, and longer play times consist of repeating that experience over and over again. I was disappointed. There's not much to do and it gets boring extremely quickly.
  60. Dec 5, 2016
    It starts out a 10 and after about 3 hours it begins an exponential fall from grace, reminiscent of Nixon as Watergate played out. If you pay more than $10 for this game, you've been ripped off.
  61. Feb 3, 2017
    Delet this Delet this Delet this Delet this Delet this Delet this Delet this Delet this Delet this Delet this Delet this Delet this Delet this Delet this Delet this
  62. Mar 14, 2017
    There is simply too much wrong with this game for any updates to make much difference. They have added base-building, vehicles, lack cargo ships but all these just add padding to what is an empty experience. There are huge issues with intuitive controls and settings and you will still spend most of your time looking for resources. That is the vast majority of the game - looking forThere is simply too much wrong with this game for any updates to make much difference. They have added base-building, vehicles, lack cargo ships but all these just add padding to what is an empty experience. There are huge issues with intuitive controls and settings and you will still spend most of your time looking for resources. That is the vast majority of the game - looking for resources. Add to this the creatures you are supposed to be interested in exploring - the first few new ones I saw I was impressed by, it was unexpected and it felt new. After your tenth planet it feels very stale. The aliens are randomly generated and it shows - they don't look in anyway normal but like a collection of random parts of other animals stitched together (which is what they are to be fair). It is impossible for me to recommend this game which died for me after less than 10 hours gameplay - the new updates have not inspired a change in opinion because they cannot make up for what is the key flaw of the game - a lack of interesting things to actually do. It has a nivelty factor that keeps you engaged at first - but this fades, and when this fades so to does any sort of desire to play the game, Expand
  63. Aug 9, 2016
    I really expected more after all the hype and the 'you can do anything' stuff leading up to the release. What I got was a grind-heavy survival game that's ridiculously easy to survive in. In fact, the only real risk you have of dying is from boredom as you mine more minerals to power your mining laser and environmental suit so you can simply walk around the planet you're on.

Want to go

Want to go into space? More resource grinding. Want to upgrade your ship? More resource grinding. Find a new technology in one of the identical bases scattered across the planet? More resource grinding.

At $80 there's just not enough here to suggest buying it. What there is is a cautionary note that millions of procedurally generated planets aren't content all on their own, at least not enough to make up for the lack of anything meaningful to do or interact with. At $30 or $40 I'd be a lot more inclined to recommend it - wait for a sale.
  64. Aug 11, 2016
    It's genuinely not very good. I have extreme buyer's remorse. The trailers looked awesome; unfortunately the game is supremely boring. It really is like an interactive screensaver.

I managed to spend 30 minutes on it before getting so bored that I had to turn it off. This is a new record for any PS4 game of mine. And I'm a guy who *likes* slow burners. My only hope is that they

My only hope is that they release some game-changing patches along the way. The universe is just so empty and repetitive. Sure, you get different animals on each planet - but they all just stand there doing the same thing. There's no realness to them, there's absolutely nothing surprising about each new planet besides cosmetic features.
  65. Aug 11, 2016
    Really boring game. After 5 planets you have seen it all, just other colors and shapes. The main goal is to farm ressources, very innovative......If i want mindlesss farming i am gonna play some asia grinder.
  66. Aug 11, 2016
    NMS is a technical achievement, but that doesn't translate into an enjoyable and fun gaming experience. The mechanics feel childish, empty and the game lacks any real depth. The art style gets a bit tiresome after a while, which also adds to the childish undertone of the overall experience. It doesn't feel complete, it feels old, and although the universe seems endless, it feels theNMS is a technical achievement, but that doesn't translate into an enjoyable and fun gaming experience. The mechanics feel childish, empty and the game lacks any real depth. The art style gets a bit tiresome after a while, which also adds to the childish undertone of the overall experience. It doesn't feel complete, it feels old, and although the universe seems endless, it feels the same, each planet doesn't really feel like a unique place to explore, it feels very digital and you can see that the systems haven't been handcrafted which adds the the lack of atmosphere. I never feel like I am in space exploring. This game will go down as an awesome technical milestone, but won't be remembered for being a great game. Expand
  67. Aug 30, 2016
    6/10 is the highest i can give this game at the moment fans of this genre of game will have a lot of fun however those that were expecting a game changer will be disappointed a huge amount of grinding is needed to progress in this game which will put off many, however there is a great deal of potential here.

By the sounds of things Hello Games are going to be constantly updating this

By the sounds of things Hello Games are going to be constantly updating this game adding new features which i am hopeful will alleviate some of the grind.

Now for one of the even bigger gripes the price here in the UK i picked this game up for £46 in comparison the most recent Uncharted game cost me only £42, out of all my PS4 game purchases this so far is the worst value for money i honestly can't see myself still playing No Man's Sky in a couple of weeks let alone months.

Update (30/08/2016)
    Still rated a 6/10 for me but it is pushing up towards a 7/10 i have found the key to enjoying No Man's Sky more is to play in small chunks an hour here and there between other games reduces the frustration that develops after long periods of play which i was finding.

Hello Games have also been improving the game we are currently up to patch 1.07 hopefully more features will be upcoming in the near future updates.
  68. Aug 10, 2016
    First of all, everything written here expresses a personal opinion, and as it is known personal opinions are subjective.

Game is technically good. Gameplay is also good in general terms. What I didn't like about it is that it is not possible to crash your ship against the ground or doing an aggressive piloting over planet's surfaces; there is an invisible wall that will not let yo get close to it; For landing you just press a button and the ship just places itself gently over the ground (that´s too simple, it is a game about space exploration, let us feel like Han Solo when piloting). About crafting and surviving, I'm not very familiar with those kind of games but the system feels quite simple and works properly.

The average-low score I'm giving to the game is because you feel you're living in a lifeless galaxy. IA is very simple, NPC are passive and its interaction with them is just merely symbolic. Also it feels quite impossible to find any other player; I don't even know if there will be an online feature to allow you to interact with other players. I've been plating for 7 - 9 hours, exploring two galaxies and my gameplay can be summarized in: 1) Land in a planet, 2) find a station 3) gather materials, discover new places and scan lifeforms (if you are too aggressive against the environment then you will have to practice your aim against simple flying robots who are suppose to carry out security duties) 4) upgrade your equipment as you discover new tech and blueprint while you are exploring / farming 5) get into the ship and overfly the planet surface looking for new stations 6) repeat from 1) to 5) until you are done 7) get out of the planet and go to the space station, sell items to make money 8) repeat from 1) to 7) until you're done with that galaxy 9) get into a new galaxy and repeat. All very repetitive.

In summary, the game has a lot of potential, the procedural generation of planets and galaxies is amazing, gameplay is smooth (except for the planetary piloting. In my opinion it is too simple). The galaxy is empty, so the gameplay feels repetitive. If new updates, expansions, DLCs or whatsoever are directed to solve this, in putting some action into the game, to find living planets, with cities, villages, new races, etc, it can then become one of the best games of the decade. Now it feels like you are the only active living form in a universe of millions of galaxies, and it bores a little bit.
  69. Aug 10, 2016
    I played last night and it took 3 hours to figure out what I was to do and how my suit/mining tool/resource management worked. Once I got the hang of it, I was moving along but the big issue for me is inventory management. It feels such a chore to spend almost as much time with inventory management as I am doing anything else (I am sure everyone is recharging their envirosuit and healthI played last night and it took 3 hours to figure out what I was to do and how my suit/mining tool/resource management worked. Once I got the hang of it, I was moving along but the big issue for me is inventory management. It feels such a chore to spend almost as much time with inventory management as I am doing anything else (I am sure everyone is recharging their envirosuit and health at the first possible moment just to make space. I think 4-5 more slots to start off with in both your suit and ship would be a lot better (because you need an empty slot to make stuff. Not writing the game off yet, but I do kinda feel like im on the away team in star trek. It's also pretty cool to see the odd space ship fly over the horizon. Fun game to light one up with. Expand
  70. Aug 13, 2016
    I have to commend Hello Games marketing team at building so much hype for a game that is ultimately one of the most boring, repetitive, uninspiring games of 2016.

I find it amazing that there are still 'reviews' out there suggesting this game is 'good' and enjoyable. It's not. If you want to see a game that poorly developed, look here - you've found it.

Avoid at all costs.
  71. Aug 10, 2016
    The sheer size is extraordinary and taking the time to explore planets that you'll never see the entirety of is fascinating, but it's a very lonely game - possibly the loneliest I've ever played. Like most, I started the game with the hopes that at some point I'd run into other players, despite the odds. That upon reaching the center of the Galaxy (which I have yet to do) a community wouldThe sheer size is extraordinary and taking the time to explore planets that you'll never see the entirety of is fascinating, but it's a very lonely game - possibly the loneliest I've ever played. Like most, I started the game with the hopes that at some point I'd run into other players, despite the odds. That upon reaching the center of the Galaxy (which I have yet to do) a community would be waiting for me. Unfortunately, no two players can ever see each other - not even if they're standing right next to each other (it's been tested and recorded). The only thing that links players together is their discoveries and the ridiculously stupid/clever things they name them.

The game is whatever you want to make of it. You have a whole universe to explore - one that can never be seen in its entirety. You can play along with the vague story the game provides or you can do your own thing. Abandon yourself upon a planet and survive, fly endlessly towards a star (I did this for hours and never seemed to get any closer), fight the Sentinels and see what crazy big backup they call in, go on a quest for power and get all the best upgrades, attempt killing off an entire planet (probably not possible), search out space battles, etc. etc. The possibilities are strangely both limitless and very limited.

All in all, it's a great game. I thought I'd be bored of it soon after I started, but that's still not the case. From a purely explorative standpoint, No Man's Sky is a masterpiece. If they somehow manage to patch in actual multiplayer, it may be one of the few examples of a perfect game.
  72. Aug 10, 2016
    NMS can be identified in an extremely limited niche format.
    The exploration is there, although the vast majority of planets do not even reseble the beauty of what has been showcased up until now in trailers and conventions.
    NMS can be identified in an extremely limited niche format.

That said, everything is strictly tied to a Rinse & Repeat of farming resources, selling stuff and an overall lenghty process for buying upgrades. Too much depth is given to the bussiness management part of the game, and far less to the exploration part.

Players may get stuck for hours on the same planet without progressing, or they might just fly through the stars by replenishing their resources at every opportunity. There's a wide variety of ways in which gamers may play the game, but at its core it's too repetitive.
  73. Aug 10, 2016
    The hook of No Man's Sky, and the reason anybody is even talking about it, was the procedurally generated universe--more planets than you could ever visit. But I think the game gives up everything that could have been deep and fun about it in order to make the concept work.

All of the gameplay elements are quite shallow. There is shooting, but it's not good shooting. There is space combat, but not good space combat. There are survival elements, but it's not good survival. There is crafting, but it's not good crafting. There are environments and terrain, but not good environments and terrain. There is trading, but it's not good trading. It's all very hollow and unbalanced. There is no challenge to survival, because every single planet has carbon within arm's reach. There's no challenge to trading, aside from confronting the tedium of filling your tiny space suit with gold and shlepping it back to the space station over and over.

We've seen all of these elements done vastly better elsewhere, and I wish NMS did even *one* of them well. It's pretty clear the focus was on making the needlessly huge procedurally generated universe work, and the gameplay elements seem kind of throwaway.

The big draw is the infinite worlds, and they're just not that varied. After ten or so planets, you'll be seeing virtually the same giant mushrooms and stout cactuses everywhere. The sense of discovery and abundance disappears very quickly. The caves in particular are nearly identical from planet to planet. The animals are repetitive too, mostly varying in the length and thickness of their legs. Also, seemingly every planet has life, and of course it's immediately visible when you land. It's so ubiquitous and unmysterious that the wonder is gone after seeing the first planet's creatures.

The vastness of space is nowhere to be seen. Each system is clustered together, and the jump between stars is essentially a cutscene animation. It doesn't take long before you feel like there are no more surprises or "wow" moments. Seemingly every single planet is littered with outposts, some abandoned, some not. So much for the remoteness of far-off planets.

It's definitely not terrible, and a lot of people are definitely having plenty of fun with it. I do plan to finish my playthrough. But it just seems to me (and I'm not alone) like Hello Games sacrificed everything for scale, and if the gameplay isn't that great anywhere in the universe, it doesn't really matter how big it is. Still, it is an important game in the larger scheme of things, and I'm excited to see where procedural generation goes in the future.
  74. Aug 12, 2016
    I will write this as fairly as I can,

The game, while amazing to look at and grand in scale, is nothing more than a glorified walking simulator, and even then it doesn't have the gripping story of something like Gone Home or Dear Esther, it instead places a terrible survival aspect and you'll spend far far too long of your game time filling up certain parts of your ship. The game,
    I will write this as fairly as I can,

The game, when first begun will make you feel incredible, I was alone on this planet no one else had yet been on, everything was there for me to find and it was incredible - I spent a few hours running around naming new species that I found and plants and the such

Incredibly, it was once I set off in to space I realized how poor this game really was, I eagerly jetted to my next planet and traded some resources at a local space station, I landed on my next planet excited by what I'd find, it was here that it went downhill.

I quickly realised that while everything looked different, (it was snowy instead of sandy) there was so little to do, I wondered around naming animals that looked pretty much the same, naming plants that looked EXACTLY the same using a rubbish mining laser to slowly get enough resource to fly to the next planet.

I have played this game for 12 hours or so and visited over 50 planets, but they all just feel the same - sure it's cool finding a large animal and naming it, but most of the animals look the same, the environments are pretty much the same besides some weather and color change and the game offers no progression, the combat is the dullest thing I've ever experienced, the story is a mess and I don't really care for it at all.

I'm sure you'll say "It's about exploration" and I agree, but unfortunately, even that loses its novelty extremely fast, I spent a third of my playtime in the inventory trying to figure out how to build useless crap that would help my mining laser cool down a bit faster.
  75. Aug 11, 2016
    The gameplay is shallow and lackluster. You feel like this is a game currently in the alpha stage, because there's nothing to do. You buy a space exploration game, but you get a spectator mode for a randomly generated galaxy. For some reason it's always online, but as people recently figured out, you can't interact with other players or even see them for that matter. Also maybe it's timeThe gameplay is shallow and lackluster. You feel like this is a game currently in the alpha stage, because there's nothing to do. You buy a space exploration game, but you get a spectator mode for a randomly generated galaxy. For some reason it's always online, but as people recently figured out, you can't interact with other players or even see them for that matter. Also maybe it's time to stop over-estimating yourself. Slapping on a 60€ price for an indie game and expecting people to buy it, is simply absurd. Though the problem is not with the price itself, because that's how much triple A games cost. The problem is that this game isn't even half of an AAA game, that costs as much as this. Overall it's a mediocre game, that was killed by the overhype it created. I don't care how many quintillion planets there are, the game gets stale and boring after a few hours. Expand
  76. Aug 12, 2016
    Yes, I am totally aware that this is an exploration game. One whereby you explore millions, upon millions of planets with the mission to get to the centre of the universe.

Hello Games said as much with Sean Murray saying "We can't tell you much but the idea is to explore the universe, obtain resources and get to the centre" You arrive on the first planet with the idea to explore, try

You arrive on the first planet with the idea to explore, try and find resources, refuel your ship and your suits' systems, trade with NPC's and move on.

That's it. That is all you do. Nothing happens around you. Absolutely nothing.

There's a huge universe of planets with systems, trade routes, space stations and stations on the ground but nothing happens. Literally you are the only sentient being who has any kind of presence in the game world and as such it is all smoke and very, very boring mirrors after a while.

Sean Murray said "We can't tell you much but the idea is to explore the universe, obtain resources and get to the centre". Well, that pretty much sums up the whole thing. There is nothing extra, no extra objectives, no alliances to maintain, no consequences of your actions, no proper trade to be had.

You just find stuff, sell it and then move along. By the Gods it's a boring existence!
  77. Aug 17, 2016
    So much potential, so much disappointment. This game is really just not fun or interesting. After just a few hours in, you've seen and done pretty much all there is to see and do. The devs over-promised, and massively underdelivered.

The worst part? The little bit of content which made it to release is *just not that good.*
  78. Aug 13, 2016
    Well played this for about 30 hrs and I have to agree with meta score 6/7. It's an interesting experience but its just not very much fun. It gets boring very quickly. I think the biggest problem is the lack of danger from most of the wildlife. Games should be fun and this isn't. I've just traded it in got £40 trade in so not all bad.
  79. Aug 24, 2016
    Even with a Day 1 Patch, this game is still in what I believe to be, Alpha Testing. The game would stop saving after so many hours of playing (even after power cycling the PS4) and would even crash more often than not. After 2 weeks I have encountered over 25 crashes. For a console with only one configuration, this is unacceptable, for a PC it would be OK. Even after the second patch, sameEven with a Day 1 Patch, this game is still in what I believe to be, Alpha Testing. The game would stop saving after so many hours of playing (even after power cycling the PS4) and would even crash more often than not. After 2 weeks I have encountered over 25 crashes. For a console with only one configuration, this is unacceptable, for a PC it would be OK. Even after the second patch, same thing. Maybe they were coding the PS4 version for the newer model coming out and forgot to check for bugs in the original configuration. The newest patch fixed the save issues (although now it saves the game under both save game slots) and it still crashes. On top of that there are still bugs that are common and annoying and have been talked about for days. The game play is not really an issue, although I just gave up because I am not close to the center and have maxed out on everything long ago. It is worth a 2 week rental or PS+ giveaway. Expand
  80. Aug 17, 2016
    This game is not for everyone. For instance, if you're a moron with no imagination that requires their hand held through every moment of a game and needs explosions every 4 seconds to hold your attention, then DO NOT get this game. If you like space and exploring, this is a good game for you. It has more of a sandbox feel than most games. I'm not sure why we need to reach the center ofThis game is not for everyone. For instance, if you're a moron with no imagination that requires their hand held through every moment of a game and needs explosions every 4 seconds to hold your attention, then DO NOT get this game. If you like space and exploring, this is a good game for you. It has more of a sandbox feel than most games. I'm not sure why we need to reach the center of the galaxy and I doubt I ever will. That's just not what the game is about to me. Expand
  81. Aug 17, 2016
    We are at the point, where the official video shown (Steam, GoG) as a gameplay is completely different, than the actual game. I say again, the video you may see as "actual gameplay footage" is not the same as the product you pay for. The game is missing 100s of gameplay elements and functions, which were told and shown in official demonstration videos throughout 3 years of development. TheWe are at the point, where the official video shown (Steam, GoG) as a gameplay is completely different, than the actual game. I say again, the video you may see as "actual gameplay footage" is not the same as the product you pay for. The game is missing 100s of gameplay elements and functions, which were told and shown in official demonstration videos throughout 3 years of development. The actual game is full of bugs and glitches and poor performance even on the best machines. Here is the shocker: Whatever you will do in the first half hour in the game, is what you will do for the rest of the game. You mine minerals. There is hardly any fighting and the space flight itself is so hand holding, that you just won't feel like you travel anywhere, beside a different colored space with different colored planet. In the game, it becomes obvious, that at least 70% of the content is missing, there is hardly any meaningful interactions with any alien races, beside trying to win their approval by solving puzzles or giving them minerals. And even if you get on their good side, there isn't much benefit, beside perhaps better prices. But what's the point, if your entire gameplay is about is just mining and doing the same things a thousand times over and over for no end? Expand
  82. Aug 12, 2016
    This is a case of a game that is long on potential, and short on carry through.

No Man's Sky Plays like a 3D version of Starbound... except No Man's Sky lacks the charm and depth present in its 2D analogue. That's not to say that No Man's Sky has no unique features of its own... the ability to fly through various solar systems documenting various plants and animals does have an
    This is a case of a game that is long on potential, and short on carry through.

That's not to say that No Man's Sky has no unique features of its own... the ability to fly through various solar systems documenting various plants and animals does have an almost exploratory feel. However, the worlds and terrain quickly become noticeably formulaic... often lacking real differentiation from worlds already visited. The slight cosmetic changes do little to add depth to what is largely a fairly lackluster game.

The gameplay is a bit worse off in being formulaic... and there's precious little actual gameplay variety. Almost everything is geared toward gathering resources to upgrade technology, and repeat the cycle.

While that style of gameplay isn't necessarily bad, it’s certainly not worth the $60 price tag attached to the game... even with the nebulous promises of expanded gameplay.

In essence, SOE and Hello Games expect this $60 dollar game to be embraced in similar vein to early-access games... hoping that an already rocky launch will be overlooked, and potential customers will salivate at what might be, rather than what is.

Ultimately, it's the price tag the heavily brings down this game's score. It should have been priced more consistently with other early-access games... say $20 - $30 could be reasonable for a game that is, by all appearances, incomplete.
  83. Aug 12, 2016
    The game is mediocre and that's that. It's intriguing for the first few hours but after that the game fails to keep you interested in a very bleak universe. I also had some a few crashes altough all the drivers are up to date, etc. Basically the game has almost no depth. I prefer to have 10000 more diverse planets or even 1000 instead of 18 quintillion of almost the same planet.
  84. Aug 22, 2016
    the devs did one thing right they lied to us and laughed I am truly pissed off on how there showing off a different game in trailers then what you can buy the devs better come out with a apology or there's going to be hell for them later on
  85. Aug 13, 2016
    It's not the ultimate space game, this mixed with besiege, and new games and it would be. It's very cool but the actual game never picks up quickly enough to lose interest.
  86. Aug 15, 2016
    To call No Man's Sky an over hyped game would be a vast understatement,even months before it's eventual release this game was getting praise from everybody from Steven Colbert to Time magazine were promoting this game to be the next quantum leap in video games.

So,how does the game itself stack up to the mountains of media attention and fanfare? Well, not very well,Basically to put things into simple terms, No Man's Sky is just another game in the ever cancerous bandwagon of survival crafting games that keep being shat onto the market by lazy developers, only difference is that this game takes place IN SPACE.

Hell, i could just end the review there but since there are far more issues and frankly you will probably see this game on my list of "top 10 worst games of 2016" list i'm just going to cut the **** and start my review.

Problems:
    1.Inventory UI looks like crap (not the worst i've seen,but i have seen much better)

2.Weapons energy gets depleted way too fast (hope you have a good cave to hide in because the start weapon is downright pathetic)

3.The game performs like **** (if you are going to delay the game for months,than it better **** work good at launch, i've heard everything from framerate dips while idling to the game just flat out not starting at all without crashing)

4.the progression is sooo slow (the amount of grinding for resources in this game is downright **** atrocius and here it just seems like the developers made it this way just to squeeze more time out of your hands)

5.the overall gameplay (at the very least in singleplayer) is extremely repetitive and boring

I swear,this is starting to remind me of another overhyped space FPA game (Destiny)

6.There are features that are just flat out missing (ability to name your own planets,multiplayer and co-op exploration)

7.The price,oh yea did i forget to say that this all 60 **** dollars and the fact that this game took 2 years to develop

In total the game just seems very desolate and unfinished,it feels like some **** i would see on Steam Early Access for free
    and while some of the performance issues will probably be fixed in the future (hopefully) and Hello Games has stated that Multiplayer will be added later on it still doesn't excuse this game for being not only a huge let down but also a complete snoozefest.

My advice would be to wait until the game gets cheap,verrry cheap before buying it.

overall rating 3/10
  87. Aug 14, 2016
    The biggest complaint I keep seeing about this game is that "it's too vast and big". This is the most ignorant thing I have seen. It is SPACE. You're supposed to feel : overwhelmed, unsure, lonely (at times), lost and small. That is the entire scope of the game but it balances it out with an amazing "Awe" factor that space really offers. It has nothing to do with the lack of "trueThe biggest complaint I keep seeing about this game is that "it's too vast and big". This is the most ignorant thing I have seen. It is SPACE. You're supposed to feel : overwhelmed, unsure, lonely (at times), lost and small. That is the entire scope of the game but it balances it out with an amazing "Awe" factor that space really offers. It has nothing to do with the lack of "true procedurally generated quintilian planets" (which is does have) it's about discovery. It is a mix of Minecraft, Skyrim, Terraria and Star Wars.

The only complaint I really could say is that it does drop you into the game with ZERO tutorial really on much. But then again this is not a mega huge deal because you , literally, get dropped onto a random civilization.

What Hello Games has done with their code and aspirations are amazing. 8/10 for me.
  88. Aug 19, 2016
    Just another overhyped game as usual. It's unfortunate, because I really wanted to like this game, but I just got so bored after a few hours. The game had a great concept, but unfortunately falls short in execution. Yeah, it's fun for the first few hours, but soon after, the repetitiveness got so bad, I couldn't play anymore. When 95 percent of the gameplay is resource collecting...well,Just another overhyped game as usual. It's unfortunate, because I really wanted to like this game, but I just got so bored after a few hours. The game had a great concept, but unfortunately falls short in execution. Yeah, it's fun for the first few hours, but soon after, the repetitiveness got so bad, I couldn't play anymore. When 95 percent of the gameplay is resource collecting...well, the game is just flat out boring. The whole procedurally generated environments and such is both good and bad. I mean, if you're lucky, you could end up on some really cool planets and see some cool animals and stuff, but then maybe you'll just get a bunch of boring planets like I did, with nothing cool half the time, which made the game for me stale and empty. The fact that this game had no story, just a general objective of trying to reach the center of the universe, which could take who knows how long, was a turn-off for me as well. Maybe if the journey getting there was a little more exciting, then I would see this game differently. I'm not trying to be so pessimistic, but I think we were all promised something that we never actually got. In my opinion, this game is not worth your $60. Expand
  89. Dbo
    Aug 19, 2016
    No mans sky is a boring piece o crap game. 60 dollars are you kidding me what a fricking joke! Shawn Murray should be arrested for his lies!! He decieved everyone until the very end
  90. Aug 26, 2016
    An utter ****ing lie and disappointment. Not since Halo 5 has a game's marketing been so full of lies and full of **** I urge everyone not to buy this game. Do not support this ****
  91. Aug 13, 2016
    'If a AAA game is being hungry after a tiny, expensive meal at a Michelin starred restaurant, No Man's Sky is an infinite pile of raw ingredients, blended into a fine paste by a robot. You won't leave hungry but you may not come back for more'.

This is a technical masterpiece, and pushes the boundaries what can be achieved with procedural system. You won't regret your first ten hours or so. But before long all the planets and animals start to look alike, and progression is a chore.

Occasionally the game generates something exotic; a toxic planet where the plants grow gemstones, policed by robots, or a bumbling creature I called the Jellyphant. The question is whether it's worth five hours of your life between each memorable discovery.

You should probably play this. Keep any eye on the inevitable DLC. And I want them to do a sequel. But keep your expectations low, this is not Game of the Year.
  92. Aug 14, 2016
    The novelty wore off after the third hyper-jump. Planets, while beautiful, start to look the same. The same flaw is mirrored in the flora and fauna with an occasional surprise. After the first six to ten hours the games flaws become deal breakers. The game crashes with alarming frequency during combat and hyper-jumps. Speaking of combat, it is a miserable excuse for an idea that doesThe novelty wore off after the third hyper-jump. Planets, while beautiful, start to look the same. The same flaw is mirrored in the flora and fauna with an occasional surprise. After the first six to ten hours the games flaws become deal breakers. The game crashes with alarming frequency during combat and hyper-jumps. Speaking of combat, it is a miserable excuse for an idea that does nothing more than interrupt exploration or mining while adding time to the excruciating process of the aforementioned activities.
    I see glimpses of what cold eventually be an amazing exploration game, but will the end result be worth the wait? I choose not to continue playing what appears to be a beta edition of a game and move on to other horizons.
  93. Aug 14, 2016
    Most games have honeymoon periods before they drop off and the flaws begin to set in. No Man's Sky wasn't even courteous enough to give me this. Fundamental flaws plague this game every step of the way. Mouse flight is horrible. Controller flight is horrible. I immediately avoid all flight combat as quickly as I can because of how terrible flight is. On foot shooting is lifeless. Point inMost games have honeymoon periods before they drop off and the flaws begin to set in. No Man's Sky wasn't even courteous enough to give me this. Fundamental flaws plague this game every step of the way. Mouse flight is horrible. Controller flight is horrible. I immediately avoid all flight combat as quickly as I can because of how terrible flight is. On foot shooting is lifeless. Point in a direction and your shots auto home to your enemies. Crafting is annoying to understand at first and then horribly tedious to use once you figure it out. Creatures and sentinels spawn in magically after you are a specific distance away. You can kill thousands of them (both) and they'll keep respawning in the same area.

However the worst part of the game is the exploration. This is what the game is being sold on. Exploration. There's nothing to explore. Every cave is the same. Every ocean is the same. Every outpost, every space station, every radio relay, the same. Creature generation is terrible. I've seen the same crab on about 10 planets already with a slightly different head. Graphically the game is horrible. Bland textures just about everywhere, even on highest settings. Pop in plagues this game. They tried to remedy it with what could be perceived as a powerpoint presentation transitional effect, but it just look ugly.

It's very rare that I would consider a functioning game as being below average, but this game doesn't even warrant a 5/10.
  94. Aug 14, 2016
    Do you have an imagination? Are you a mature person? Are you patient? If you answered 'Yes' to all the above, I recommend this game.

The core 'game' mechanic of the game is based around inventory management and crafting. Recipes are unlocked through visiting points of interest. There is no home base, nothing to tie you down. It's just you and your starship (and your multitool) which you slowly upgrade, while you meet alien races and try to understand what they're saying to you with only a few of their words known.

Even though it's a complete and deep game, we have the promise of more content to look forward to. I've sunk 30 hours into this game in two days and can't wait to explore more.
  95. Aug 17, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *** Warning - Contains a spoiler as to what happens when you reach the centre ***

I was a massive fan of this game in the run up to release, and was a member of numerous fan forums etc. However, this game is absolutely NOT what the developer said it would be. There is a very detailed Reddit post (with sources and evidence) which outlines exactly the huge number of things that were in the previews and discussed by Hello Games in the years leading up to the release which simply are not in the game or are so overly simplistic as to be meaningless. To be clear I'm not talking about multiplayer, as Hello Games have been consistent on the fact this is not an MMO or a game you will find your friends in,

* You can't 'side' with factions or races in the game, whether you blow up freighters or fight pirates has zero impact
    * Life does not get weirder as you get towards the centre
    * Pirates do not follow you from space to the planet surface, they turn back as soon as you enter the atmosphere
    * Planetary conditions are not influenced by the proximity to the star
    * Star type has no bearing on resources that a planet has
    * Resources are so common as to not be a challenge. Even rare resources can be found without too much trouble meaning it is easy to become super wealthy with a little grinding
    * Trading is paper thin and in no way you you realistically play the game solely as a trader
    * The idea that you'd have a crafting system like Minecraft where players have to figure out the recipes is non-existent (everything can be crafted via easily obtainable blue prints, using easily obtainable resources

These are just a few things that are missing, I would encourage people to search for the Reddit post of missing features for a full list before they buy the game so they can compare what they have seen, with what they will get.

Essentially what you are doing 2 hours into the game is exactly what you'll be doing 40 hours into the game. It is a grind of finding resources to make fuel to jump to the next system to do the same again and see some different planets. If that appeals to you then you'll love it, but be aware if you'er heading to the centre expecting weirder and wackier planets, then you will be hugely disappointed. The life you see on your first planet may easily be the most bizarre you see. You will also be hugely disappointed when you reach the centre if you're expecting some huge event, you literally arrive in a new galaxy and start all over again. Nothing more. No cut scene, nothing. Ready to begin the grind to the centre once more.

The epitomy of the phrase "a mile wide but an inch deep" and I desperately hope they plan to deliver some of the promised features further down the line. The game has so much promise but is woefully empty at the moment.
  96. Aug 17, 2016
    As I sit here writing this my game has now crashed for probably about the 15th time and I put down the controller. When I went to work the first day after playing No Man's Sky I gave it a resounding 8/10. I'll admit I was one of those who bought into the hype but I severely scaled back my expectations right before the game came out after the reports from Dameon who bought the game earlyAs I sit here writing this my game has now crashed for probably about the 15th time and I put down the controller. When I went to work the first day after playing No Man's Sky I gave it a resounding 8/10. I'll admit I was one of those who bought into the hype but I severely scaled back my expectations right before the game came out after the reports from Dameon who bought the game early for 1300 bucks. Despite a hefty day one update he was still mostly dead on accurate. But after experiencing semi frequent crashes (Btw of the 3 friends I have who play this all of their games have crashed numerous times. One of them can't even get in the game the last two times so he stopped trying until a patch is finished.), lazy building/resourse modeling, unengaging gameplay that requires you to be sitting pointed at rocks and other resources (which all look exactly the same) for hours on end, and endless weak instances of getting attacked by the same two enemy types (Pirates and sentinals) for the entire game. I have now landed at a 4. For a game that seemed to have endless imagination, Hello Games managed to put almost no imagination into a story or purpose behind all of this monotonous crap. I've logged probably about 40 hours into this game btw. I held on hoping that as the story unfolded and my gear was upgraded I'd be treated to a more pleasurable gaming experience, but the enjoyment never game. I found myself sick of landing on the same types of planets over and over again, disappointed with the thrown together piles of body parts they called creatures, and annoyed with the constant need to find resources to continue on my journey. I set my sights on one thing in the end, reaching the center of the galaxy. Boom I started blasting off flying from planet cluster to planet cluster hoping for an epic finish to what has been a lackluster journey. After 40 hours of total gameplay I seem to be no where near a finish to this game which sucks cause its hard to want to finish. Why 15 Quintilian?? If your going to just lie or being incredibly vague about the multiplayer aspect of the game, at least give people the satisfaction of saying, "Oh hey someone named this planet already. Wow that's hilarious. Great Job Hello Games!!" But pretty much no ones said that. Cause when this shotty games connection to the network is actually active you don't see dick from other people. Not a planet, definitely not a creature, and not even a system. This game is so big to the point where it removes the "moments" Sean Murray blabbed about for months leading up to the game. After 40 hours I'd expect to see at least a planet named by someone....but every planet I've found so far I've discovered. Seems to kinda defeat the purpose don't you think? But I could forgive all the multiplayer bs, the lazy modeling, and the complete lack of a compelling story if the game was just fun, but to say it is would be an outright lie. Sloppy controls to the combat make it hard to enjoy which leaves mining resources and looking at procedurally generated planets as the only real enjoyment factor to this game. The only reason its not lower than a 4 is occasionally I would land on a planet and look out over a field of blue grass and be like "Yup this is the only thing that makes this journey worth it". But without more even that seems to fall flat on its face. So I leave you with this question folks. If you were to buy a brand new Tesla automobile with the latest technology in electric vehicles and it ran like absolute crap, would you consider it a good car just because the technology was so advanced? No. You wouldn't. Because people don't buy cars just to look at them. They buy for the ride. No Man's Sky has deprived me of the thrill of the ride while charging me for a cutting edge sports car. I don't think we should praise using new technology badly just because there was new technology at play. Expand
  97. Aug 21, 2016
    Lies lies lies, I believed the hype this game is a bunch of repetitive mining, Sure there are tons of cool worlds to explore, but thats it. i sat and played once to 6 hours and i was disgusted, the next time i decided to give it one more chance 4 hours later i deleted it from my hardrive. Id rather play rebel galaxy then this piece of smoking poop.
  98. Aug 24, 2016
    The sole promise of endlessly exploring 18 quintillion planets is what convinced me to purchase No Man's Sky nearly three years ago when I viewed the announcement trailer. And I'll admit, I promptly jumped aboard the hype train and remained insanely excited until the game's release. Needless to say, It was a very, very long three year wait for me. I've now played the game for over 30+The sole promise of endlessly exploring 18 quintillion planets is what convinced me to purchase No Man's Sky nearly three years ago when I viewed the announcement trailer. And I'll admit, I promptly jumped aboard the hype train and remained insanely excited until the game's release. Needless to say, It was a very, very long three year wait for me. I've now played the game for over 30+ hours, and it breaks my heart to admit this...I'm utterly devastated.
    My disappointment didn't immediately set in. Actually, from the first moment I blasted off a planet and entered the vastness of space, I was awestruck. I had many enjoyable hours from that point on. But eventually, around the 20+ hour mark I realized something I didn't want to admit, No Man's Sky was a lemon. At first, just like its automotive equivalent, it runs smoothly, and looks great. But then, slowly but surely, the game began to reveal its flaws. The frame rate dips became more noticeable and I was experiencing so many system crashes that I had to modify my play style to accommodate. Yes, you can explore an infinite amount of planets, but the whole affair is incredibly dull and repetitive. But I was still having a decent time, even if it had evolved into a material collecting grind fest so I could blast from one planet to the next. in an attempt to discover something new. I enjoyed the occasional beautiful vistas, and documenting the weird animals. But I began to wonder, when will I discover a utopian planet akin to the one in the E3 announcement trailer that had been featured so heavily? Why couldn't I find the massive creatures I'd seen in the previews? Furthermore, after hours, and hours of gameplay, why can't I find anything in this game that has the aesthetic appeal to what was featured on the Colbert Show just a few months ago? Well friends, that game doesn't currently exist. Sean Murray and Hello Games duped me, and they duped me good.
    There are so many amazing gameplay elements that Murray talked about over the years that have been severely dumbed-down, or cut from the game altogether. This isn't simply my opinion. (Angry Joe's video review is a great source to view missing game elements) This isn't the game I was sold on, this isn't the No Man's Sky I was promised. I believe, or at least hope Murray and Hello Games originally intended to create an incredible product. But either the budget/technology just wasn't there to see their vision through, or they were pressured by Sony to release a half baked product, and improve it over time through patches and DLC. Or maybe, just plainly and simply, Murray is a lying fraud.
  99. Aug 26, 2016
    Terrible! This game just can’t cost 60 dollars. I can’t believe how Hello Games could make such a disappointing, boring project that you can’t even call a video game. All the game play is about searching for resources that you don’t like because it’s boring but Sean Murray thinks it’s interesting. When you’ll see the ending the only thing you’re going to do is close the game and delete it.Terrible! This game just can’t cost 60 dollars. I can’t believe how Hello Games could make such a disappointing, boring project that you can’t even call a video game. All the game play is about searching for resources that you don’t like because it’s boring but Sean Murray thinks it’s interesting. When you’ll see the ending the only thing you’re going to do is close the game and delete it. I wasted 60 dollars on this game and all in all I have to say it’s one of the worst video games I’ve ever seen consider the price and the lies. Expand
  100. Aug 26, 2016
    Huge disappointment. Too many unforgivable weaknesses that spoil some (too few) great features.
    Empty, repetitive, PASSIVE, unoriginal, RANDOM... It doesn't work at all sorry and NMS is nothing more than a tech demo.

1. Feb 10, 2017
    The world of No Man's Sky is insanely vast and beautiful, but there’s nothing to do in it! There’s no goal, no destination, no ending, nothing!
  2. Dec 1, 2016
    While No Man's Sky is engrossing for the first few hours, repetition starts to set in and the proceedings grow dull. The developers stated that they plan to add significant features such as base building which could dramatically change the game for the better. There's a promising foundation present, so it's possible to envision a more substantial game down the line. As it currently stands, though, our excitement to cross the universe faded sooner than we expected.
  3. Oct 31, 2016
    No Man’s Sky is a missed opportunity to do something truly epic, and while the final game, when measured moment by moment, showed glimpses of something more than merely ordinary, the final result, was far less than. Promises aside, there’s just not enough to this universe to make it worth exploring.