6.1

1. Dec 23, 2018
    This Game IS GARBAGE so is everyone who thinks its a good game, peace boiss. - Onrush smurf out.
  2. Jun 25, 2018
    Bills itself as an EXTREME racer, complete with a wannabe 90s colorful aesthetic; but what it really is an EXTREME disappointment. The fact this game came from the same devs as Motorstorm on PS3 is shocking. They could have remade Motorstorm with a just few new tracks and barely any improvements and it would have been a better game than this.
    A hollowed out experience that cant even be
    A hollowed out experience that cant even be called a racing game, more of a "ramming" game. The game lacks any sort of the excitement or even sense of speed that can be found in titles like Motorstorm or DIRT. Playing with my roommate we were bored and felt the game was stale after the first night of gaming, beers didn't help.
  3. Jun 8, 2018
    i can believe people give so much support on a game like this . where the hell are we stepping any more , what future gaming might has when the people have no sence wether if a game is good or not . it is a discrace for a studio wich has released dirt 4 , propably the best rally game ever and now this one ? and still they take so much support about it ? what the hell men what where youi can believe people give so much support on a game like this . where the hell are we stepping any more , what future gaming might has when the people have no sence wether if a game is good or not . it is a discrace for a studio wich has released dirt 4 , propably the best rally game ever and now this one ? and still they take so much support about it ? what the hell men what where you thinking ? do you care if the game has any point at all or the only thing you care is that is online like overwatch and frekin Lol ? Expand
  4. Jun 8, 2018
    Gets real boring real fast. Not worth the price tag for such a shallow experience.
  5. Jul 7, 2018
    Senseless "racing", no Motorstrom, you just hold "accelerate" and "boost" all the time. No "goal" other then mindless crashing of AI controlled "bots" that are only there to regenerate your boost, then followed by an opposing team that you need to "takedown". You drive on some sort of race track wih jumps and some "shortcuts" that are useless due to there being no goal in racing, there isSenseless "racing", no Motorstrom, you just hold "accelerate" and "boost" all the time. No "goal" other then mindless crashing of AI controlled "bots" that are only there to regenerate your boost, then followed by an opposing team that you need to "takedown". You drive on some sort of race track wih jumps and some "shortcuts" that are useless due to there being no goal in racing, there is no winner or number of tracks, all there is is the stupid "takedown the other team"... that's all there is - but not the fun part with weapons etc. ... just bumping and more or less useless special "attacks" after you used your boost long enough to fill it up.
    Character and vehicle customization is just one weird costume and all others are just reskins of the original if you do not want to go to the real money shop...
  6. Sep 13, 2018
    The game looked exciting in the demos and previews but when you actually lay hands on it it’s all, well, a bit meh. It’s the motor `racing’ equivalent of a hamster roll ball that’s been fitted with go faster stripes and neon lights as there’s no finish line per se and the limited loop like nature of the game quickly becomes apparent.
    OnRush is solely about holding down the go fast button
    OnRush is solely about holding down the go fast button and crashing into your opponents in order to well, keep the cage turning, It is not long before” like the aforesaid hamster, fatigue and ennui set in from the lack of any any real engagement once you you stop admiring the the flashy presentation .
    Unlike the hamster, I had the ability to walk away from this and took it, grateful that I had borrowed a friends copy to try this out so no buyers remorse for me although I did buy my mate a couple of beers to compensate him for the money he wasted buying this.
  7. Dec 10, 2018
    Boring gameplay: Everything feels scripted, cant even use the R3 button. Online is a joke.
  8. Dec 15, 2018
    Fantastic game, but it's absolutely broken. At least from a multiplayer perspective, every time I try to find a match, it will act as if the match is gonna start, say players joining at the bottom of the screen, then match starting, then it displays a message saying match ended and sends me back to the menu. This happens 90% of the time, when this isn't happening, and I can find the match,Fantastic game, but it's absolutely broken. At least from a multiplayer perspective, every time I try to find a match, it will act as if the match is gonna start, say players joining at the bottom of the screen, then match starting, then it displays a message saying match ended and sends me back to the menu. This happens 90% of the time, when this isn't happening, and I can find the match, the game tends to bug out at the end of the match, and you get left in an endless loop that displays your score, but won't proceed to the next screen to collect XP and go back to the lobby, you are forced to close application and restart. When this doesn't happen, it will display a message about connection issues and send you back to the title screen with no XP earned. Fix your game, or quit selling it too people. Expand
  9. Dec 23, 2018
    This Game IS GARBAGE so is everyone who thinks its a good game, peace boiss.
  10. Jan 1, 2019
    After getting the platinum on ps4 I can definitely say that the game is fun, at least for the first couple of hours. After that, there is really nothing new to add to the experience, the game lacks depth and is extremely repetitive. On top of that, the game design is terrible, with obstacles being barely visible and most takedowns being luck-based. And don't even get me started on theAfter getting the platinum on ps4 I can definitely say that the game is fun, at least for the first couple of hours. After that, there is really nothing new to add to the experience, the game lacks depth and is extremely repetitive. On top of that, the game design is terrible, with obstacles being barely visible and most takedowns being luck-based. And don't even get me started on the pricing for this game... a new level of EA right here. Overall was very disappointed with quite literally everything. Expand
  11. Jan 2, 2019
    Probably the worst "racing game" of the last 5-10 years.

1st - Style: The style of the game is very hard to bear for people over 14 years. These embarrassing figures, the horrible music, these stupid dances, you could think that this is satire. 2nd - Pacing: Pacing in the game is horrible. The makers absolutely didn't understand why the Crashcam was cool in Burnout. Here I have to
    Probably the worst "racing game" of the last 5-10 years.

2nd - Pacing: Pacing in the game is horrible. The makers absolutely didn't understand why the Crashcam was cool in Burnout. Here I have to watch forever how I crash due to a small stone in 4/5 cases due to mediocre physics. After that I can watch another timer ticking down and hope that I don't get placed unfavourably in a curve during respawn and crash instantly. But the worst thing is this completely irrelevant statistics presentation at the end of a race. For minutes I see idiotic AI riders who have done something supposedly great and therefore present their stupid dance. Click away? No way, go to the toilet, or make a coffee, or make a Power Nap.
    3rd - Game Design: A racing game without real races and then there are "races" you don't even have to win. If the task is to make 3 barrel rolls, then it doesn't matter at all whether I or my team pursue the racing goal at all.
    4th - AI: Sometimes okay, sometimes the worst racing games have ever seen.
    5th - Balancing: Completely broken. Some tasks are impossible to accomplish in a race/tournament, which is why some of these extremely boring races have to be driven several times.
    6th - WTF moments: I was just back in a race where you didn't give a damn about the mode/goal. Since I had fulfilled the task, I simply placed the controller next to me to wait until the AI won the race. Good idea? Not really. I was kicked because of inactivity...from a single player match? What were the developers thinking? Of course I was allowed to fulfill all the tasks again, after all I was kicked out of my own game and didn't finish it.

Blind fanboys might say "ItS nOt A rAcInG gAmE". Yeah it might be a racing car combat whatsoever. But the "combat" aspect is even worse than the racing part. This game is neither worse your money nor your time. Even if you got it for free, DON'T waste your time with this digital rubbish.
  12. Jun 5, 2018
    Pésimo en todos los sentidos. Simplona y aburrida propuesta indie a precio de Triple A donde no haces más que dar vueltas y chocar. Casual total. Para colmo con mediocre factura técnica, pésimo rendimiento en consola y a 70€ de salida. No tienen fe. En vez de hacer estas mierdas deberían ponerse con un Motorstorm Apocalypse 2, que aquello si era calidad de conducción Arcade de primer nivelPésimo en todos los sentidos. Simplona y aburrida propuesta indie a precio de Triple A donde no haces más que dar vueltas y chocar. Casual total. Para colmo con mediocre factura técnica, pésimo rendimiento en consola y a 70€ de salida. No tienen fe. En vez de hacer estas mierdas deberían ponerse con un Motorstorm Apocalypse 2, que aquello si era calidad de conducción Arcade de primer nivel y no esta porquería. Expand
  13. Jun 7, 2018
    Half-assed arcade game and sadly no Motorstorm at all. It's not even a real racing game..more of a senseless ramming game..fun for an hour but gets boring real quick.
  14. Jun 20, 2019
    absolute pure garbage , this game was a nightmare for me , i've never had a game under 100 percent trophy wise on my account and boom i had to play this absolute garbage for 20 days to platinum it . stay away
  15. Jun 23, 2019
    Where to even begin with this one? I write this having reached level 400 and made platinum ace 1 on two of three seasonal ranked ladders.

It has the ability to be a great game, and the visuals are quite nice. On rare occasions, you'll have some really great interplay with opponents during ranked seasons. But these little bits of good are drowned in a horrible mechanic designed to get you angry. The game even says so during one of the waitscreen texts.

Online ranked play suffers badly because everyone of every skill level gets thrown into the same session. Ordinarily, this might make for a good time, except for the fact that higher-level players will find themselves artificially limited so that other players can progress. Even this mechanic is poorly implemented, and appears to have been done in the most infuriating manner possible: you will get taken out for no reason at all. I mean this in the most literal sense: I've been hit and made vulnerable, cleared that active vuln, only to wipe out on thin air. Repeatedly. Or I'll stick a particularly tricky landing, only to crash out in the empty raceway. Oh, and the game's servers will quit sometimes dropyour connection, nearly always after a ranked win, often leading to you being penalized a rank, which the game says is your connection, not theirs.

Opponents don't even need to touch you if you're vulnerable: they often just get near you, and you're wrecked. The game's AI can't distinguish between you legitimately wrecking while heading in the same direction as your opponents (which is as common as breathing), so you'll get a "BAITED!' message even if you actually weren't. Your controls will suddenly and without warning go completely off (even without getting caught by one of the vehicle's special move that does exactly this (although you'll usually see THAT one coming)), leading to wrecks and being taken out, no matter your skill level and experience with the eight different vehicles. After all, the lower level opponents need to score wins too, but this happens at the expense of higher level players being taken out repeatedly. Oh, and everyone enjoys being dropped into a game in session, only to be immediately wiped out from an airborne opponent. Whoopsie! The devs are terribly sorry, but other players have to win, too, you know.

It's almost as though the devs knew this, because one of the waitscreen tips and tricks is something like, "wrecking is all part and parcel of onrush! Get revenge and take out your opponent!" Sometimes you get to do this, if the game puts you in a situation where you can, but don't bet anything on it. It is, however, completely normal for the game to wreck you or take you out upwards of 15 times in a single session. Again, this has little to do with your skill, but rather what appears to be a "even playing field mechanic". The result of this is that, by looking at your wins/losses ratio screen, you're slightly more likely to lose a match than win, meaning that on average, you're just about as likely to win just by showing up as you are to lose and giving it every bit of skill, every time. If you're going to get taken out at any given second, there is little incentive to invest effort in any match. It just isn't worth the effort for online seasons.

If you get this game for free, get the platinum from the non-online side of the game, then delete it. Otherwise, ignore this hot, nasty pile of garbage. Paying any amount for this game is to pay for a rage mechanic designed purposefully into the game.
  16. Jul 16, 2019
    i´m not a fan of racing sims i find them tedious and boring. so of course i had to try this since from a quick glance at a gameplay video it looked like a arcade racer. every fan of arcade racing is probably desperate for something like burnout or flatout. be warned this is absolutely nothing like it . the controls are horrible it´s like your on rails the physics are a joke. not to mentioni´m not a fan of racing sims i find them tedious and boring. so of course i had to try this since from a quick glance at a gameplay video it looked like a arcade racer. every fan of arcade racing is probably desperate for something like burnout or flatout. be warned this is absolutely nothing like it . the controls are horrible it´s like your on rails the physics are a joke. not to mention this horrible style. the color pallete is absotely obnoxious as is every single character, they do stupid fortnite dances. it seems to be directed at children around the age of 6 or 7 but it even fails on that front since the gameplay is sooo boring and repetetive. so as a concept i like the idea of driving in a team wiith ramming other cars a the main objective. but it literally doesn´t matter what you do you could drive backwards and most of the time te ai still wins for you. theres no sense of accomplishment. theres no dynamic at all. it´s lile 20 trains driving next to eachother and you can slightly bend the tracks. it wants to be an arcade racer so of course there is boost but what´s the point of boost if it only makes you 0.1% faster you´re boosting the whole "race" without even noticing it apart from your finger getting slightly numb. the point of that is to fill your second stage boost that gets you up to maybe 0.3% speed increse still barely noticible at all. the **** point in a boost is high risk high reward, here it does absolutely nothing even when raming other cars theres no difference.
    they developers idea of progression is opening loot boxes that give you stupid shells and outfits who the **** cares about outfits? wouldn´t you rather get upgrades for your car? i mean tuning actual perfomance and not play dress up with your car. and i say car in the sibgular because the cars look different but they all drive the same so theres absutely no point.
  17. Jul 23, 2019
    El juego es divertido. Puedes personalizar tanto coches como personajes y las skins son gratis, las carreras son divertidas con 4 modos de juego con 8 clases a escoger. Hasta aquí lo bueno, lo malo es exagerado. Las clases están de balanceadas. El mínimo golpe con las motos y estas muerto, los camiones son muy poderosos y puedes ver partidas de solo camiones por lo fuertes que son. LosEl juego es divertido. Puedes personalizar tanto coches como personajes y las skins son gratis, las carreras son divertidas con 4 modos de juego con 8 clases a escoger. Hasta aquí lo bueno, lo malo es exagerado. Las clases están de balanceadas. El mínimo golpe con las motos y estas muerto, los camiones son muy poderosos y puedes ver partidas de solo camiones por lo fuertes que son. Los choques son inconsistentes, creo que es de ido por la conexión que tengas, aunque les des de lleno para ellos es como un empujón y a ti te destrozan. A veces apareces en mitad del grupo pero no tienes control sobre el coche durante unos segundos con lo que te quedas vendido ante los enemigos para que te arroyen. La conexión también es de chiste, no tienes a nadie cerca pero te registran un empujón que envía a la pared sin que puedas hacer nada, y los frenos no sirven. O te desconectan sin motivo aparente. Acabas con una frustración tremenda cuando intentas dar un golpe con el Rush pero no hace nada y a ti el mínimo roce te destruyen. Los desarrolladores han abandonado el juego, la última actualización fue en agosto del año pasado y no han añadido más skins que no salgan en los eventos, que son muy pocos. A veces puede ser divertido pero con todo esto me cuesta recomendarlo, mejor os quedais con los motorsports. Expand
  18. Nov 17, 2019
    Ever thought "Gee, I really love 'Burnout Revenge', but I wish there was a version with far less polish and a total lack of Quality Assurance testing"? Then OnRush is for you. Tons of good ideas tightly wrapped in some of the poorest execution I've ever seen in a racing game. Get ready to watch videos explaining the same thing they just forced you to learn in a tutorial, a completelyEver thought "Gee, I really love 'Burnout Revenge', but I wish there was a version with far less polish and a total lack of Quality Assurance testing"? Then OnRush is for you. Tons of good ideas tightly wrapped in some of the poorest execution I've ever seen in a racing game. Get ready to watch videos explaining the same thing they just forced you to learn in a tutorial, a completely useless feature that shares the namesake of the game, and confusing menus that hide things in totally nonsensical places. OnRush! Expand
  19. Feb 7, 2020
    I really hated the overall UI and atmosphere out of this game, this is personal, but I had to share it. The game contains one difficulty line which is pretty high at the beginning but as we are becoming better we see that this difficulty line will be no secret and easy to beat. It's always the same difficulty! I ain't found how to change it, so once we got the hand on this, it is reallyI really hated the overall UI and atmosphere out of this game, this is personal, but I had to share it. The game contains one difficulty line which is pretty high at the beginning but as we are becoming better we see that this difficulty line will be no secret and easy to beat. It's always the same difficulty! I ain't found how to change it, so once we got the hand on this, it is really too easy to beat, or am I missing the whole career mode which consist in succeeding the different race modes with different tracks... Well, I didn't like it. Expand
  20. May 18, 2020
    So, you can't skip scenes or recaps. It only has a few (8) vehicles and customizing them is purely cosmetic. I feel like I'm running the same 3 tracks with varying degrees of visibility.... Not sure how this game has scored as well as it has.
    The handles is solid for a while then you start to notice the perfect AI awareness.
    I think it's totally worth10,great at 15,ok at 20.
  21. Oct 25, 2020
    Onrush is just simply a game that's not very much fun to look at or play. 40/100

Generally favorable reviews - based on 54 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 31, 2018
    Onrush takes the most interesting elements of its older brothers but at the same time it tries to be its own game. However, the game can´t decide what it wants to be and the result corresponds with it. [Issue#287]
  2. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Sep 26, 2018
    What OnRush needs is tighter controls and physics. While you can get some impressive smash-downs, they’re mostly random, instead of being the result of planning and skill. [Issue#231, p.66]
  3. Aug 26, 2018
    ONRUSH tries a number of new things with its team-based driving mechanics, and some aspects of this gamble pay off better than others. Its speed and mechanics are sound, but those looking for something a bit more traditional best approach with caution.