6.1

1. Dec 8, 2018
    Onrush is a mix of small bits speed induced euphoria and not much else, the first couple of hours of game-play is pretty fun but after a while it looses its touch and turns into a shallow game with nothing else to offer. The game modes are pretty samey, the overdrive game mode is personally the funniest because it's what i perceive is the "raw" onrush experience, theirs no crappy gimmickOnrush is a mix of small bits speed induced euphoria and not much else, the first couple of hours of game-play is pretty fun but after a while it looses its touch and turns into a shallow game with nothing else to offer. The game modes are pretty samey, the overdrive game mode is personally the funniest because it's what i perceive is the "raw" onrush experience, theirs no crappy gimmick like "overdrive but you have to stand in a circle" or "overdrive but its gun game", in summary the game is fun for a bit then just "eh" Expand
  2. Jun 12, 2018
    Excellent and fun idea that needs a lot of fixes before it can keep me playing. All the problems with balancing not just for the cars but the game modes themselves have frustrated me more than been fun. Level 45 in full game. 40 somethin in Beta. Love the game. It still needs work. Once the first fun impression is past, the game is more frustrating than fun.
  3. Jun 29, 2018
    It's a very fun and entertaining game but it tends to get old after awhile, this is not a shoot for 1st place racing game but more of a battle to finish objectives battle royale type game... One of my gripes is racing at night in the snow becomes very difficult to even see which causes you to wreck a lot and can be very frustrating... This game is fun but definitely not worth the $60 priceIt's a very fun and entertaining game but it tends to get old after awhile, this is not a shoot for 1st place racing game but more of a battle to finish objectives battle royale type game... One of my gripes is racing at night in the snow becomes very difficult to even see which causes you to wreck a lot and can be very frustrating... This game is fun but definitely not worth the $60 price tag, let it simmer down and get to a decent price before you buy it... Expand
  4. Jun 5, 2018
    Onrush
    No rush
    Onrush is an arcade racer that’s less about racing and more about car combat. This isn’t every racer for themselves, this game is all about team work. In onrush you can choose your own character, all with different skins and you race through an 8 hour long campaign with your 8 different vehicles all of which have their own skins as well, really making your arsenal of
    Onrush
    No rush
    Onrush is an arcade racer that’s less about racing and more about car combat.
    This isn’t every racer for themselves, this game is all about team work.
    In onrush you can choose your own character, all with different skins and you race through an 8 hour long campaign with your 8 different vehicles all of which have their own skins as well, really making your arsenal of vehicles feel yours.
    There is no customizing or tuning outside of this.. as again this isn’t about racing this is about combat in team based modes.. this game features 12 different tracks that can be played at different times of the day and at different seasons, all of which are decently designed.. nothing really memorable here though
    but you go through a 6 v 6 match out of 4 possible match types,
    Theres overdrive , which is a score chasing mode, you get points by doing tricks, driving fast, and taking enemies down, and youre able to drive fast with the boost you collect by hitting jumps, doing tricks, take downs and pick ups.. theres countdown mode where your teams are driving through checkpoints trying to keep the timer going, lockdown where you’re trying to stay in a zone with the most amount of team members for 5 seconds to win a round, and my least favorite of the modes switch, where everyone has 4 lives.. but for some reason they decided to let your team stay in after all lives are lost really dragging this match type out longer than it needs to be…
    to spice the gameplay up there are again 8 different vehicles all with their own unique balance of offense and defense, some will drop boost for teammates to pick up, others can offer a shield, some will drain boost.. leave a smoke cloud behind while on rush is activated, which Is done by filling a meter by boosting…
    thanks to this mix of abilities by the different vehicles types this offers different strategy for different match types…
    And you can play these matches in campaign as well as online which match and ranked…
    as you play youll earn xp to level up which will give you a box of cosmetic items with different rarities each time… cosmetics can also be earned with cash earned from completing matches and challenges..
    all of this looks and sounds great..
    But onrush just wasn’t fun to me…
    I got no thrill out of just being a cog in the machine team, no matter what mode it was I felt like I was just going through the motions of fill up my boost, get some take downs, while occasionally having to drive through some gates, the strategy is offered but completely unnecessary…
    one bad person cant ruin a team which is good.. but one good person cant make a team either..
    which makes this competitive play just feel pointless…
    Onrush is a great looking game with a great soundtrack
    but the experience is so numbing…
    I stopped having fun once the tutorial was over and I got to experience the actual game.
    crashing is ridiculously easy, respawns take forever.
    its just not fun.
    I give Onrush
    a 5.5/10
  5. Nov 26, 2018
    [RESEÑA DEL MODO CAMPAÑA]

OnRush es un juego bastante simplón, que no innova en nada en el género de juegos de carrera arcade y que se queda a medio fuelle de destacar. Su estética está bien, pero se nota que las diferentes skins de los coches y los conductores están un poco descuidadas y hechas rápidamente, variando simplemente los colores. En cuanto a circuitos encontramos 4 por
    [RESEÑA DEL MODO CAMPAÑA]

En cuanto a circuitos encontramos 4 por torneo. Por otro lado, en cuanto a modos de juego, tenemos siempre los mismos 4, independientemente del torneo: Overdrive (generas puntos consumiendo el turbo y el primer equipo en llegar a la puntiación máxima gana), Countdown (tienes que pasar por unos checkpoints para ganar tiempo extra: el primer equipo en quedarse sin tiempo pierde), Lockdown (salen áreas constantemente en la pista y el equipo que la domine gana) y Switch (cuentas con 3 vidas cambiando de vehículo cada vez que te destruyen y el equipo que se quede sin pierde).

Este factor de que solo cuente con 4 simples modos de juego hace que se haga muy repetitivo.

Aún así, OnRush es divertido, hace que desates adrenalina y el sistema de progreso digamos que es decente. Voy a dar mi nota confiando en que jugando al modo online contra otros jugadores el juego gane sustancia.

Poco recomendado, hay juegos del género mucho mejores.
  6. Dec 10, 2018
    Total disappointment. Full disclosure up front. I downloaded this with PS Plus for “free”. Few games go “free” on PS Plus in the same year they launch. This is a sign of the quality of the game itself. In truth, Onrush was a misguided waste of any Codemaster’s resources. The game is a shallow, almost random experience where the only additions to better car battling games are holding downTotal disappointment. Full disclosure up front. I downloaded this with PS Plus for “free”. Few games go “free” on PS Plus in the same year they launch. This is a sign of the quality of the game itself. In truth, Onrush was a misguided waste of any Codemaster’s resources. The game is a shallow, almost random experience where the only additions to better car battling games are holding down “X” and sometimes tapping the triangle.

First off, this sold as a racing game where you don’t really race and there are no rules. It may not be a racing game, but the only option is to drive forward until the match is over. There might not be rules, but there are out of bounds that will wreck your car. It is not a racing game and it is not a car battle game like Twisted metal. What makes this so sad is that games like Burnout: Takedown had this right way back in the days of PS2. (I would pay $60 for a remaster of that game.)

What you do in this game is go as fast as possible to wreck into other cars. You get a boost by holding “X” and doing jumps and wrecking cars gets you more boost. Boost long enough and you can tap triangle to get a super boost that helps you wreck cars. Unfortunately, neither the boost nor super boost helps you chase down enemies cars because they are also boosting and super boosting. Everyone is always going as fast as they can. You can’t turn around and take down cars. I tried. Hitting a car head on only works if you go in the one direction the game tells you to go. The only viable strategy is to stay a little behind the other cars at the start and hope to catch them in the rare moments they run out of boost.

The lack of a racing line or even a finish line is troublesome. Battle racers often have a “get ahead, stay ahead” problem. But chaotic, nonsensical placement of cars in Onrush is the worst possible solution. Track location and speed are meaningless. Skill is meaningless. I could see this game as a game mode in a competent racer, not as a AAA game.

The worst of this game isn’t the poor game mechanics, however. The worst is the obvious copying of Overwatch and its loot boxes. You can earn a loot box from so many matches like in Overwatch. You can also buy loot with real money like Overwatch. Also like Overwatch, everything is cosmetic. Unlike Overwatch, none of it matters. The drivers and cars have no personality. There is no D.Va or Soldier 76 to trick out with new skins and play of the game videos. This is lazy execution of a bad concept.

In a twist of irony, I was interested in this game at launch but was turned off by the lack of split screen. For me, lack of split screen in a racing game is non-negotiable. Little did I know that the game itself was a dumpster fire. In a way, Codemasters saved me $40.
  7. Jun 7, 2018
    If you're looking for a fanatically high paced racer with a twist then look no further than Onrush. You won’t be disappointed I can tell you that and let's face it you can always make friends through the game.
  8. Dec 29, 2018
    Onrush is a game that I LOVED while playing, but reflecting upon it leaves me underwhelmed. There are some things that it does *really* well, such as the game types and how genuinely fun the experience is. Some other things, such as the emphasis on "Gear Crates," annoying dances, crash cams, and the overwhelming party-vibe really decrease the experience either during or between games.Onrush is a game that I LOVED while playing, but reflecting upon it leaves me underwhelmed. There are some things that it does *really* well, such as the game types and how genuinely fun the experience is. Some other things, such as the emphasis on "Gear Crates," annoying dances, crash cams, and the overwhelming party-vibe really decrease the experience either during or between games. (Note: I went for the Platinum trophy, so ignoring trophies may allow you to overlook some of the things I began to dislike) If you have a choice to play Onrush or Rocket League (car mayhem games centered around fun and short experiences), I'd go Rocket League every time. But, I am glad that I gave Onrush a chance because I truly had a blast playing it. I just wish parts of it were different, and there was more to love. Expand
  9. Aug 20, 2019
    This is a very fun race, but it is VERY quickly boring. The same race boring in a couple of hours
  10. Aug 28, 2019
    Onrush is a fun Arcade racer / car combat game that will get you hooked for a few hours, until 2 things become increasingly clear:

1/ It is a frustrating and random game. Some "quest" require you lose on purpose, to allow enough playtime to achieve the required conditions. Even when you try to lose, you can win (and obviously vice-versa). The balance of skill to luck needs to be vastly improved as it does limit the enjoyment.

2/ The game has no progression. Your first race will feel the same as your 100th race. The content you unlock as you progress is limited to skins / banners etc. Absolutely NOTHING to deepen the gameplay. The number of tracks is limited also. Very soon, you get a sense that you have seen all the good bits and that you can move on to the next game on your list.

Enjoyable experience, but not deep enough for the price.
  11. Feb 21, 2019
    Onrush is fast, fun, and intense--for the first hour or two...then the monotony and shallow racing mechanics kill the initial excitement. It's a solidly executed, yet highly derivative take on team-based arcade racing that is unlikely to hold the attention of anyone for very long. This Motorstorm/Blur hybrid is clearly built for quick sessions of nonsensical mayhem, but the ridiculousOnrush is fast, fun, and intense--for the first hour or two...then the monotony and shallow racing mechanics kill the initial excitement. It's a solidly executed, yet highly derivative take on team-based arcade racing that is unlikely to hold the attention of anyone for very long. This Motorstorm/Blur hybrid is clearly built for quick sessions of nonsensical mayhem, but the ridiculous presentation reminds me of any one of the dozens of vapid MOBA AKA "Battle Royale" titles that seem to have spread like a plague. Your money and time are better spent elsewhere. Expand
  12. May 28, 2019
    I think this game is OK at best...I find that the concept behind Onrush game is not well presented. What is the purpose of this game ? Who are the characters ?

For now, I'm at level 32 and I already got a lot of trophies. I realized that i was still playing mostly because of the trophies (this is really easy to cumulate many ps4 trophies in this game). Graphics are really

Graphics are really average...the music and voices can be annoying too...

Gameplay is not bad and I appreciated my fist hours with this game. However, I feel that I don't understand the purpose of this game. Maybe, this is just not for me.
  13. Jul 27, 2019
    This game is a mess, its style is almost unbearable, feels like some old guys went "hey fellow kids, y'all like retrowave/synthwave/vaporware/*insert word*wave? We got you covered, this game stuffed with flashy things and wave things"
    Gameplay idea of linear derby, when you smashing each other not on the arena, but on the racing tracks is quite good. However, sometimes you will ragequit because you just don't understand how you got rekt, mechanics are really shady sometimes.
    At least music not bad
  14. Jul 12, 2020
    Chisto na paru raz s druganami po setke pofigachitsya na bibikax, poroflit s mashinok
  15. Jul 17, 2020
    foge dos padrões do jogo de corrida e isso é muito bom, é divertido mas depois de um tempo enjoa, podia ter mais variedades de carros ou adicionar novos poderes

Generally favorable reviews - based on 54 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 31, 2018
    Onrush takes the most interesting elements of its older brothers but at the same time it tries to be its own game. However, the game can´t decide what it wants to be and the result corresponds with it. [Issue#287]
  2. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Sep 26, 2018
    What OnRush needs is tighter controls and physics. While you can get some impressive smash-downs, they’re mostly random, instead of being the result of planning and skill. [Issue#231, p.66]
  3. Aug 26, 2018
    ONRUSH tries a number of new things with its team-based driving mechanics, and some aspects of this gamble pay off better than others. Its speed and mechanics are sound, but those looking for something a bit more traditional best approach with caution.