7.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Dec 8, 2019
    Certainly was not expecting the thrill I got from this game. It's hard to compare to any other game because it sits uniquely in its own little world. The heavy use of physics reminds me of Kerbal Space Program. It does a great job making you feel a sense of awe and terror as you fly around a solar system exploring.

Expect to die a lot and in some brutal ways I would not wish on anyone.

Expect to die a lot and in some brutal ways I would not wish on anyone.

I did near the end get a little fatigued after I thoroughly explored most of the world. It does not give you a lot of direction where to go so at some point you might find yourself looking up a video walkthrough to move forward in the story. The ending is trippy and makes you think.
  2. Nov 1, 2019
    Good writing, humour, minimal bloat. Old skool, but in a good way. Not perfect, but really enjoyed it
  3. Nov 8, 2019
    I had not heard of the game prior to buying it and must admit Im having a lot of fun exploring the different worlds and story. This is not new vegas or fallout but Obsidian did great once again, minus some minor bugs that will probably get fixed soon. Definitely one of the best of this genre to come out this year.
  4. Nov 3, 2019
    Good writing, humour, minimal bloat. Old school, but in a good way. Not perfect, but really enjoyed it
  5. Nov 9, 2021
    Unpayable on playstation 5. input lag and frame rate give me a headache. game need fix
  6. Dec 3, 2019
    This game is amazing. The sense of discovery and mystery is great and I love how empty and cold space feels. In a weird way, the game kind of reminds me of Myst or Riven. But it's an evolution of that genre, and I love it.
  7. Nov 14, 2019
    Great game with a lot of paths you can go on, good story and a lot of dialogue for people who like that. Combat system could be better and feels a bit rushed. Items in this game are awesome but would like to see more options over armour. This game has one big flaw for me though as it has no grenades in it. For a game like that it must be a auto include for me, although there is a grenadeGreat game with a lot of paths you can go on, good story and a lot of dialogue for people who like that. Combat system could be better and feels a bit rushed. Items in this game are awesome but would like to see more options over armour. This game has one big flaw for me though as it has no grenades in it. For a game like that it must be a auto include for me, although there is a grenade launcher in this game. Expand
  8. Jan 16, 2020
    I really want to like this game, but I just don't, AT ALL. The game mechanics are just not fun. There is very little fun about dealing with the game's gravity and flying the ship. I get that the game is meant to be a journey about discovery, but I just found the maze's to be incredibly convoluted and frustrating. Some of this game felt like trying to solve Zelda's water temple in 15I really want to like this game, but I just don't, AT ALL. The game mechanics are just not fun. There is very little fun about dealing with the game's gravity and flying the ship. I get that the game is meant to be a journey about discovery, but I just found the maze's to be incredibly convoluted and frustrating. Some of this game felt like trying to solve Zelda's water temple in 15 minutes. What's fun about that? Nothing. Expand
  9. Feb 11, 2020
    Outer Wilds is a game that you should go into completely cold as there are lots of surprises to be had. It's a very intriguing exploration experience that can at times be very relaxing but can also give you moments of sheer awe. In a way, the game is nearly what I hoped No Man's Sky would be when it launched in 2016. I highly recommend that you give Outer Wilds a try to encounter all theOuter Wilds is a game that you should go into completely cold as there are lots of surprises to be had. It's a very intriguing exploration experience that can at times be very relaxing but can also give you moments of sheer awe. In a way, the game is nearly what I hoped No Man's Sky would be when it launched in 2016. I highly recommend that you give Outer Wilds a try to encounter all the mysteries for yourself. Expand
  10. Jan 24, 2020
    I just loved this game. I enjoyed how it really made me care about the lore. Every detail important. PS4 version crashed every 10 resets or so, which was annoying.
  11. Feb 10, 2020
    A very unique experience. Amazing sense of exploration, adventure, and mystery. The story is the main thing here, so read as little about the game as humanly possible before starting. Some minor flaws are definitely present like the unintuitive zero-gravity controls, the dysfunctional autopilot, and some really specific and obscure puzzle solutions. Also, one time, I experienced someA very unique experience. Amazing sense of exploration, adventure, and mystery. The story is the main thing here, so read as little about the game as humanly possible before starting. Some minor flaws are definitely present like the unintuitive zero-gravity controls, the dysfunctional autopilot, and some really specific and obscure puzzle solutions. Also, one time, I experienced some rather heavy graphical glitches that fortunately went away after restarting my console. But in light of the experience as a whole, these things can clearly be forgiven. Expand
  12. Sep 13, 2020
    Cross my heart, this is one of the best games I ever played. A completely innovative way of gameplay and story telling.
  13. Feb 10, 2020
    Very slow game. I’ve played for about 5 hours and have given up. Lots of exploring of not overly interesting planets with lots of questions raised but very little closure or reward. I’m not patient enough to continue or hopeful enough that the long slog will be worth it.
  14. Apr 9, 2020
    People needs to stop hypeing this game. I'm normally very open minded about games and got this one at full price because people were comparing it to Subnautica which I loved but it's nothing like it. OW is boring, annoying and even frustrating. There is no real gameplay here, you just explore maps to get rewarded with text and you keep doing the same and going the same places to get morePeople needs to stop hypeing this game. I'm normally very open minded about games and got this one at full price because people were comparing it to Subnautica which I loved but it's nothing like it. OW is boring, annoying and even frustrating. There is no real gameplay here, you just explore maps to get rewarded with text and you keep doing the same and going the same places to get more text. I've probably played for 5hrs or so hoping that maybe I get sucked in and see something special about it but there is nothing special here just small planets and sh*tty physics that the game seems to be so proud about. Expand
  15. Jul 20, 2020
    I played for nearly an hour, saw an auto-save, and quit ready to continue tomorrow.. However, it hasn't saved, and glancing at a few comments, this is in the design. There's no room for many of us to play for hours and hours between proper save points, some of us have work and other obligations. It's a crazy way to design a game and totally unnecessary, and also therefore a total waste ofI played for nearly an hour, saw an auto-save, and quit ready to continue tomorrow.. However, it hasn't saved, and glancing at a few comments, this is in the design. There's no room for many of us to play for hours and hours between proper save points, some of us have work and other obligations. It's a crazy way to design a game and totally unnecessary, and also therefore a total waste of money. I really wanted to get into this, what a pity. Expand
  16. May 31, 2020
    Mind blowing unique adventure, which will leave warm memories and unrepeatable expirience (heh, unrepeatable, you get it?).
  17. Jun 7, 2020
    The concept of time loop was appealing but I was disappointed by the game-play and the 3D. I could never really enter the game and the story because of that ... it was a waste of money
  18. Oct 31, 2019
    bad optimization, the game is not cheaper and on my opinion, the game is bored
  19. Nov 3, 2021
    WOW - there are some real IDIOTS reviewing this game and downvoting it. Honestly one of the best games I've played. Can't say too much as really the best way to experience this game is to go in totally blind. It is so completely different to anything I have EVER played in my life. I went in not expecting much, but after an hour or so I had to keep going to uncover the mystery of itWOW - there are some real IDIOTS reviewing this game and downvoting it. Honestly one of the best games I've played. Can't say too much as really the best way to experience this game is to go in totally blind. It is so completely different to anything I have EVER played in my life. I went in not expecting much, but after an hour or so I had to keep going to uncover the mystery of it all. The locations are absolutely distinct from one another e.g. a planet with a black hole at its core, a planet that acts like an hour glass, a planet with tornados - it's all so amazing. People complaining about the 22 minute time loop - my god man, it's a core part pf the game/story, think about it for more than 5 seconds (or go and play COD or something else actually). It reminded me of a video game version of Interstellar.

If you want to, the game is perfect for short bursts of gaming if you dont have a lot of time - due to the 22 minute time loop. There is actually one idiot in these reviews who has complained about this, saying they dont have time to lose all their progress every 22 minutes - YOU DONT LOSE ANYTHING YOU DAMN FOOL.

When you finally uncover all of the mystery it all comes together in such wonderful story - and the way it is told is incredible.

And that soundtrack...oh my, just amazing.

Do yourself a huge favour and pick it up, and prepare to be blown away/swept away by it.

The one bad thing about this game? I can't erase my memory and do it all again - I'm jealous of anyone going into this game fresh.

I'm now playing through the DLC which is just as good as/if not better than the base game.

If you're into sci-fi/story telling - this is a MUST for you.
  20. Mar 15, 2021
    I don’t understand how anyone hasn’t given this game a 10. What is wrong with you people?
  21. Feb 10, 2021
    I'm really pained to be leaving such a low score for this game....but since I find it unplayable I don't have much option. I was enthralled by the opening parts of the game and was really looking forward to getting into it but unfortunately I am simply unable to fly the ship, the controls are just awful. Possibly it is 'realistic' but for me it's just not possible to enjoy, or even play.I'm really pained to be leaving such a low score for this game....but since I find it unplayable I don't have much option. I was enthralled by the opening parts of the game and was really looking forward to getting into it but unfortunately I am simply unable to fly the ship, the controls are just awful. Possibly it is 'realistic' but for me it's just not possible to enjoy, or even play.
    Full disclosure here - I have a hard time with driving vehicles in games in general for some reason.. Some of them I can manage better than others but it's rarely easy for me. But I've never given up on a game before because of that personal failing, but this one has me beat.
    Having recently gained full PS5 glory I thought I'd give it another go as the controller on PS5 is so responsive, and there is a slight improvement in my piloting skills with it but not enough, sadly, to progress in the game.

Consequently a complete waste of money, and I'm really disappointed.
  22. Jan 26, 2020
    Amazing freaking game . If you love exploring youll love this game, im not even halfway through and im hooked . I cant believe half the stuff they did in it let alone without loading screens...insane
  23. Dec 18, 2021
    It begins boring with a lot of dialogue. But that time, i already lost interest and knew this game was not for me. After half an hour i completly stopped caring.
  24. Jan 11, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Outer Wilds is one of the few games that blew me away in this decade, the amount of world building, and freedom that the game gives you is spectacular, the gameplay is unique and inovative and the game progresses gradually according to the players curiosity, truly an amazing experience Expand
  25. Jan 18, 2020
    One of the best games I've ever played. The first hour is frustrating, and then the narrative and sense of wonder builds. The writing is incredible as is the quality of the world building. To me it feels like a real place. The music design is also perfect - that instrumental that plays at the end of every cycle. Some of the puzzles are frustrating, but the rewards are well worth it. TheOne of the best games I've ever played. The first hour is frustrating, and then the narrative and sense of wonder builds. The writing is incredible as is the quality of the world building. To me it feels like a real place. The music design is also perfect - that instrumental that plays at the end of every cycle. Some of the puzzles are frustrating, but the rewards are well worth it. The end is unforgettable. Expand
  26. Feb 5, 2020
    Outer Wilds has been one of the best surprises I have ever had with a game. I understand it’s not for everyone, but in my opinion it shines in everything it tries. Good visuals, an outstanding soundtrack (one of the best of 2019), an interesting story (that always makes you want to know more about it), and an incredible gameplay (difficult at first, but when you get the hang of it, it'sOuter Wilds has been one of the best surprises I have ever had with a game. I understand it’s not for everyone, but in my opinion it shines in everything it tries. Good visuals, an outstanding soundtrack (one of the best of 2019), an interesting story (that always makes you want to know more about it), and an incredible gameplay (difficult at first, but when you get the hang of it, it's jus a blast going from a planet to the other discovering the secrets of this mysterious solar system). As a conclusion, a masterpiece every fan of adventure games that doesn’t mind free exploration and getting lost should at least give a go. Expand
  27. Aug 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game is awesome, it's a that isn't normal, the fear of exploration it's incredible, the exploration is original, you will never know the end before you explore everything, every planet and every test it is different from the previous one. I recomed this game, not beacouse the graphics and the sound, i recomended beacouse the game. Expand
  28. Jul 28, 2020
    Jogo videogames a 2 anos, e nunca vi nada como esse jogo, uma obra de arte quase perfeita, onde sua curiosidade é combustivel para a história, com um roteiro incrível e toda uma história completa, fazendo vc se encantar a cada nova descoberta, todas interligadas, por mais que vc possa escolher aonde e quando explorar cada planeta, todas as informações são importantes, e levam a final MUITOJogo videogames a 2 anos, e nunca vi nada como esse jogo, uma obra de arte quase perfeita, onde sua curiosidade é combustivel para a história, com um roteiro incrível e toda uma história completa, fazendo vc se encantar a cada nova descoberta, todas interligadas, por mais que vc possa escolher aonde e quando explorar cada planeta, todas as informações são importantes, e levam a final MUITO emocionante, não podia ser melhor, o jogo da minha vida, e acho q é por experiencias como essa que jogo e consumo videogames. Expand
  29. Aug 9, 2021
    I think you simply need to play this game. It's so well crafted and is simply unlike anything I've ever played. You need an open mind, to be able to think outside of the box and to enjoy a ride. One of the only games I though about when not playing. Many of the advancements you can make are simply working out sething while having a little think.

I get the negative reviews, but if you play

I get the negative reviews, but if you play it like warzone and rush it you'll be worse off. Seasoned gamers and especially RPG players will get it straight away.
  30. Oct 24, 2021
    Anyone who doesn’t think that this is the best game ever can fight me. (Review is supposed to be 75 characters)
  31. Jan 31, 2022
    I bought the game from the PS Store and tried to play it on PS 5. It's just awful, unbearable to play with such an input lag. Due to the fact that the picture on the screen starts moving only after I have already released the joystick, I get disorientation and nausea. PS Store refused to refund my money.
    Terrible input lag, terrible fps. It would be fine if all this is from the 3rd
    Terrible input lag, terrible fps. It would be fine if all this is from the 3rd person, but it is from the 1st. It is impossible to navigate. I do not recommend taking it to the console before the release of patches for the current generation (never, I seem).
  32. Jan 31, 2022
    Terrible input lag, terrible fps. It would be fine if all this is from the 3rd
  33. Mar 10, 2021
    A very magical game. Exploration, research and puzzle solving in an incredibly well-thought-out place.
    It made me feel true wonder, excitement and elation, plus sadness and at one point, true gut-wrenching horror (just from reading some text).
    Controls are a bit glitchy, but otherwise this is perfect.
  34. Jan 23, 2022
    Whilst preparing for their maiden flight, an alien space explorer inadvertently becomes ‘paired’ with a mysterious statue made by a now extinct race known as the Nomai. Shortly after launch the player then discovers they’re trapped in a time loop, and the only way to find out what’s going on is to explore the solar system.

Outer Wilds offers almost no guidance on what you’re supposed to

Outer Wilds offers almost no guidance on what you’re supposed to do, or where you’re supposed to go, and instead lets players head off in whatever direction they choose to discover the mysteries of the universe for themselves. This sort of lack of guidance can be a big issue in some games, but it works here because there always seems to be something interesting to discover whichever planet you choose to explore. Piecing together the history of the Nomai and the reason for the time loop makes for a truly rewarding gaming experience, and aside from a couple of obtuse puzzles towards the end of the game (I had to use a guide in the end), there is very little I could criticise this game for.
  35. Jan 11, 2022
    I get why people like this game - the writing is decent, the gameplay and its exploration can be fun. But for me all of that is undermined by the clumsiness in how the game feels and looks. I get it's an indie title but man there are prettier indies out there. It jus feels like an early build prototype at times and looks like one too. All of this made me just drop it half way.
  36. Feb 27, 2022
    - A rich, enthralling solar system to explore, with such varied planets and places that made me feel like the universe’s best archeologist.
    - A series of meticulously crafted puzzle mechanics and physics that interact with the player to pave the way for wild experimentation, not always successful, but always satisfying.
    - A soundtrack that literally could not be improved if you tried, it
    - A soundtrack that literally could not be improved if you tried, it is PERFECT.
    - A story so well written and in such a bold, creative format that emboldened my sense of adventure that the game cultivates within you, leading you to discover things that will make you jump for joy or cry in earnest. The themes presented in Outer Wilds are ones of intense loneliness, inevitability’, and curiosity.

Do not gloss over this game. It may not hold your hand like Pokemon does, but it will truly make you proud of your own achievements as an individual, because YOU landed there, YOU discovered that, YOU solved this. I have never experienced anything like it, and I doubt any other video game will touch me in the same way that Outer Wilds did. This game is a masterpiece, and may not be recognised as such, which is why I’m writing this review, to hopefully encourage someone to pick this game up on a whim and get completely and utterly lost in this game.
  37. Jul 5, 2020
    Simply put a masterpiece, a game like no other.
    It emphasizes on player's learning and reinforces the idea of power of knowledge.
    Visual story telling is top notch, there are only a handful of ways to interact with the world but it is put to its limit always interchanging different mechanics and using all of your arsenal. Game design is what puts this game above others with only one
    Simply put a masterpiece, a game like no other.
    Game design is what puts this game above others with only one shortcoming (yes, stealth mission, I am looking at you). There's very little hand helding and you are free to explore this vast and beautiful world at your own pace but there's always something pushing you in the right direction ever so slightly.
    This game is a must have experience for everyone especially if you love feeling if immersion and exploration
  38. Jul 10, 2021
    i delayed playing this game because i thought it would suck, and now definitely regret that preconception. This is an outstanding game at it's price, and as an astrophysics nerd i quickly fell in love with the story and lore. Even if you dislike the game because of its admittedly clunky controls and bare-bones graphics, you simply must BUY THE SOUNDTRACK! The game's score tugs at one'si delayed playing this game because i thought it would suck, and now definitely regret that preconception. This is an outstanding game at it's price, and as an astrophysics nerd i quickly fell in love with the story and lore. Even if you dislike the game because of its admittedly clunky controls and bare-bones graphics, you simply must BUY THE SOUNDTRACK! The game's score tugs at one's heartstrings, especially if you've gotten deep into the story. I would give this an 8.5, but the soundtrack bumps it over the ledge to a 9.0. I would love to see a bigger-budget more developed PS5 remaster of this or maybe a sequel/prequel. This one will be hard to forget. Lastly, i was fascinated with black holes before playing Outer Wilds, but now, f--k black holes, they suck, literally. Expand
  39. Feb 18, 2020
    Fantastic, beautifully made game, takes a little time to get used to its rhythm but once you do it’s a unique experience.
  40. Jul 25, 2021
    There are a few games out there where people will say "It's best experienced going in knowing nothing." While there is usually good reason to say that, I always found that sentiment to be a bit hyperbolic. Outer Wilds, is perhaps the game that embodies that saying the most and it is with great difficulty to describe why I like it and who would enjoy the game without giving away too much.There are a few games out there where people will say "It's best experienced going in knowing nothing." While there is usually good reason to say that, I always found that sentiment to be a bit hyperbolic. Outer Wilds, is perhaps the game that embodies that saying the most and it is with great difficulty to describe why I like it and who would enjoy the game without giving away too much.

Outer Wilds is a narrative focused, exploration/puzzle game. While the exploration and puzzles are enjoyable to figure out, it is the narrative that does the heavy lifting in this game. You as a player only care about the puzzles and exploring because of the narrative. The game starts off with a narrative hook. A mystery to solve. If that narrative hook doesn't draw you in, then unfortunately, you will probably find difficulty drawing any enjoyment from the game. If it does draw you in, you are in for one of the most unique experiences in video games. You are compelled to explore, not because you think you will get a power up or because the game tells you to. You explore because you are genuinely curious about what you will find there. The gameplay is all self-directed and once the game is over you will wish that you could play the game for the first time again.

Be warned that the game is built on the feeling of curiosity and discovery. That's how the game motivates the player and once you beat the game and uncover the all the secrets the game has to offer, any subsequent play throughs will provide a much lesser experience. I would go so far as the game is downright boring on a second playthrough. A shame yes, but this is a result of the unique approach to the game that makes the game so memorable in the first place rather than an oversight in game design. Simply put, the thing that makes Outer Wilds so unique and memorable is also the thing that makes it unplayable a second time round. Personally, the experience is worth it.
  41. Jan 5, 2022
    *Update: I'm gonna periodically pop into this one for a few minutes here&there to putz around the planets and slowly progress. I still find myself intrigued enough for small doses, but my bitterness & frustration with what's preventing me from enjoying it make it so that I'm only good for a few goes at a time. I believe the people who love this game, love it for good reason.

Shoot, I

Shoot, I was really hoping to get into this one, buuuut…

…after several hours of gameplay, I find myself still fixated on my fight with the mechanics, and no longer giving a sh*t about whatever precious little story and mystery is supposed to be unfolding here. I get it, the devs wanted to be clever with gravity, thrusters, boosters, orbiting planets, and some dainty version of space travel realism, but what you get is video game graphic disorientation, and wasting minutes of your real life trying to jump onto the ledge of a cliff in some cave that you quickly realize you just don’t care about. And as soon as you manage to navigate somewhere and uncover a clue or two, you’re looped back to square one; the loop gimmick would be alright, if traversing anywhere wasn’t a time-consuming challenge itself. I’m beginning to suspect too that there’s not even much here, like if they hadn’t spread everything out and made navigation a challenge, and added in the start/stop loop gimmick, you’d just have a short story about a little alien race attempting to overcome something, with a few puzzles, eventually coming down to probably having to line something up with the planets and their time/location in orbit to stop whatever from happening and/or complete some unfinished task from the past. But again, mechanical frustration keeps preventing me from getting immersed into the purpose.

Maybe I’ll watch the last chapter of a gameplay walkthrough to see where it was going and how it ends, but life’s too short to stick with a game that has you preoccupied with irritation.
  42. Apr 16, 2021
    Gameplay/Controls: 9/10, despite being done well and requiring me to actually use my brain, I personally found some of the gameplay a little too challenging, though it was nothing a quick guide couldn't solve. Controls feel finicky at first but you get used to it relatively quickly.

Music: 10/10, I don't think I've ever played a game with music so well fitting towards the environment and what you're learning at the time. Really helped with the immersivity and my emotional appeal toward the extremes, such as the various somber moments, shocking reveals and most everything in between. Anyone who's played the game will tell you that the opening menu theme hits completely different after a full playthrough.

Story: 11/10, If you love a good story, this is 110% the game for you. From beginning to end, the game had me hooked onto it's storytelling grasp and it's more climactic parts were powerful enough to provide visible feedback from me, even getting a little heart heavy at the end.

Overall: 10/10, this is definitely going down as my favorite game of the year, maybe even of my life. If you're looking for a near perfect game to play, this is just it. At the time at release, I paid $20 for what I thought was a popular indie game that my friends enjoyed. If I had really known what the game entailed at the time, I would've dished out a full $60 or more. Not willing to pay but still want to enjoy the experience? Watch a YouTuber! I've enjoyed some other YouTubers' playthrough even more than my own simply because of the fact that they had enjoyable thoughts/commentary and it was always fun to see their lightbulbs go off. Anyways, enough with my rambling, go get this game! The multiple GOTY awards should have been convincing enough already.
  43. May 1, 2021
    Amei o jogo. O sistema de exploração é brilhante, te surpreende a cada minuto. Só não dou 10 porque a performance do jogo é bem ruim em alguns momentos.
  44. Dec 18, 2021
    If you want something new, something fresh, some great storytelling while delivering the best space exploration feeling in a game ever? Go play this game.
  45. Apr 12, 2020
    I adore this game. It certainly has a slower pace, and I understand that will not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you enjoy the mechanics of the game you'll find an engaging and extremely satisfying mystery to be solved.
  46. Jan 12, 2022
    A great idea that was too frustrating to finish. But it really is a game with great central ideas—excellent investigational elements, an interesting plot, brilliantly creative worlds.

What I didn’t like was the stress of knowing you’re on a time limit every run, and that some of the puzzles were so hard, they’d take almost all my time—and then I wouldn’t be able to explore any of the area past the puzzle. Plus, the fact that certain events only happen a certain amount of time after each run begins means that you’ll be sitting around waiting sometimes, and Lord help you if you mess something up and have to sit through that again. Ultimately this frustration was why I watched the ending on YouTube after getting about 85% of the way through—those last few steps were too finicky.

But if you have a lot of patience and want a Myst-style space investigation game, this is absolutely for you.
  47. Oct 18, 2020
    this is a pure exploration game set in an alternative dystopian Sci-fy world (solar system), its story is intriguing and impactful and also based on mostly known scientific theories similar to the movie Interstellar.
    this game starts slow, I even got bored after playing 30min and quit; but I have to say when I came back to it the more I played the game the more I wanted to know, there is a really interesting story that you unravel its secret throughout the solar system, each planet has a peace of the puzzle to help you understand what is going on as the stakes get high when the solar system in which you and your species live is in danger of disappearing.

This is one of the best games I have ever played, and in my list there is: The Witcher 3, The Last of us, MGS1 and 3, GOW.
  48. Sep 19, 2021
    One of the most original games I have ever played, and one of the most frustrating too. Is a masterpiece but the gameplay and performance of this game on a slim ps4 makes it difficult to put it higher. The story is really good and the surprises this game gives to the player sadly lost enchants after a few hours playing it and doing the same thing over and over. Overall is a game that youOne of the most original games I have ever played, and one of the most frustrating too. Is a masterpiece but the gameplay and performance of this game on a slim ps4 makes it difficult to put it higher. The story is really good and the surprises this game gives to the player sadly lost enchants after a few hours playing it and doing the same thing over and over. Overall is a game that you have to play if you like art and is a worth story to experience. Don't expect a shooting space game because this is not what it is. Expand
  49. May 15, 2021
    The story 10/10, gameplay 10/10, soundtrack 10/10, characters 10/10, world 10/10, atmosphere 10/10.
    One of my favourite games and it has a cool/sad ending.
    Hours played: 17
  50. Jul 11, 2020
    A wonderful, must play game.

This game perfects a game mechanic perhaps only seen in Majoras mask. Despite a slow start, this game becomes a masterpiece of a puzzle game...or a puzzles within a puzzle game?!
  51. Feb 1, 2021
    This is one of the best games, ever created, and definitely the best game since Riven appeared. Everything here is perfect. Story telling is absolutely incredible, making you reading every note and every word. The puzzle-knowledge system is just shocking. Since Riven never have I imagined some game could bring so much beautiful feelings of adventure for me. Music is beautiful. Ending isThis is one of the best games, ever created, and definitely the best game since Riven appeared. Everything here is perfect. Story telling is absolutely incredible, making you reading every note and every word. The puzzle-knowledge system is just shocking. Since Riven never have I imagined some game could bring so much beautiful feelings of adventure for me. Music is beautiful. Ending is great too!
    I deeply grateful, developers of Outer Wilds! You have managed to create a truly masterpiece experience...
  52. Nov 26, 2020
    A proposta desse jogo é interessante, meio que um "descubra você mesmo". É necessário fazer anotações durante o jogo para entender melhor a história. Pode ser um pouco entediante as vezes, mas a sensação da descoberta é incrível. Deveriam haver mais jogos desse estilo.
  53. Aug 30, 2021
    The game has several problems because of its budget. The textures have issues loading, there are some things in the story it's nearly impossible to discover without a guide, there should be more interaction with NPCs. However, this is one of my favourite games and there isn't any other one that has made me feel this way. The music and gameplay made me feel I was up there, the mechanics areThe game has several problems because of its budget. The textures have issues loading, there are some things in the story it's nearly impossible to discover without a guide, there should be more interaction with NPCs. However, this is one of my favourite games and there isn't any other one that has made me feel this way. The music and gameplay made me feel I was up there, the mechanics are original and the rumors system is great. I'm unpatiently waiting the DLC. Expand
  54. Nov 1, 2020
    I would say this game is probably in top 3 of my all time favorite games,never thought that such a simple game could engage me so much. There only thing in this game,go and explore.But the story so Interesting that you cant stop exploring.And the music in this game is just brilliant .
  55. Jun 14, 2021
    This game is amazing, one of the best I have ever played. I don't care if I'm biased, I'm biased for a reason, and that reason is the joy of playing this game.
  56. Aug 2, 2021
    I enjoyed the mysterious story this game tells, in much the same way that I enjoy Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. However that doesn't stop me from being immensely upset that the underlying philosophy of both stories is so sinister. There was also one clue/puzzle in particular that seemed far too obtuse, and others that were frustrating based on the time loop requirementd
  57. May 20, 2022
    Absolutely incredible game! Give it time and enjoy the ride to find your own tempo/story! We’ve enjoyed with friends as a shared couch co-op puzzle. So gooood!!
  58. Apr 12, 2022
    Holy crap this game. I have never played anything like it. This game made me cry more than any other. The soundtrack, the game design, the ending are all perfect. 10/10 please play this game if you havent, and dont look up anything going in!!
  59. May 15, 2022
    The game is fun until you get to the point you get to in all games, where you’ve found 80% of everything and then you need to explore to find the remaining 20%. The problem with this game is that it only gives you at most 22 minutes to explore before it kills you and makes you respawn at the starting point. And usually you can’t last the full 22 minutes because in order to explore you needThe game is fun until you get to the point you get to in all games, where you’ve found 80% of everything and then you need to explore to find the remaining 20%. The problem with this game is that it only gives you at most 22 minutes to explore before it kills you and makes you respawn at the starting point. And usually you can’t last the full 22 minutes because in order to explore you need to leave your ship, at which point you only have 4 minutes of oxygen. Yes there are trees in the world that provide oxygen, but when you’re exploring a new location they’re generally few and far between. So you end up in a desperate rush to find something - anything - new each iteration, and progress and fun grinds to a halt. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Nov 18, 2019
    Whether you want to play explorer, detective, or Bill Murray, Outer Wilds has you covered. We’ll say it again: one of the best games you’ll play this year. [Issue#169, p.93]
  2. Nov 2, 2019
    This is a game that presents itself in a unique way, and trusts you to put together its compelling mystery without assistance.
  3. Oct 29, 2019
    In the end, Outer Wilds is all about exploring a mysterious solar system and finding out its secrets. I had a fun time flying around in space and it’s good for the gaming industry as a whole to have an adventure game like this that’s about exploring a world without having to shoot or fight enemies. However, Outer Wilds doesn’t do a great job at guiding players. Instead, you are left aimlessly exploring until you figure out what to do next.