6.1

1. Oct 22, 2014
    This game is like an endless runner in 3D. Object is to avoid obstacles as long as you can. Really good in short bursts as the levels change daily. Gets a little deeper with powerups and special abilities but this isn't something you will play for hours. Progress though a set of challenges. I think this game is more at home on the Vita with its quick play and the sticks seem moreThis game is like an endless runner in 3D. Object is to avoid obstacles as long as you can. Really good in short bursts as the levels change daily. Gets a little deeper with powerups and special abilities but this isn't something you will play for hours. Progress though a set of challenges. I think this game is more at home on the Vita with its quick play and the sticks seem more responsive and tuned on Vita than PS4. Vita version takes a bit to load but runs smooth with a very noticeable hit in detail. Can get frustrating and sometimes you get screwed by the environment in unavoidable no out paths unless you have a jump left. Very addicting Expand
  2. Jan 29, 2015
    A stunning addictive game, play it for hours, it's challenging, (to get number 1 spot in daily ranks)... getting to the highest level is pretty easy, but this is a must have game, Get it. Enjoy it.
  3. Aug 2, 2016
    race the sun is an endless runner type game, where your objective as the title suggests, is to race the sun as it sets in your solar powered aircraft whilst acquiring pickups and dodging increasingly more difficult
    obstacles.
    obstacles.

In terms of powerups, the yellow powerup pushes the sun back up into the sky which is crucial as it gives you more time, the green powerup allows you to jump and there is also a purple power up which acts as a shield meaning you basically get a second chance if you crash. Players collect blue tris which increase there score multiplayer which in turn increases there overall score. There is also a portal world you can travel through which sorta acts as a bonus stage, where its easier to collect tris.

The game is split up into regions, with each region you pass through having increasingly difficult obstacles for you to race through. The game is randomly generated and is refreshed every 24 hours, giving you a new challenge every day.

In terms of lifespan and replayability, there is a levelling up system which maxes out at level 25 giving you objectives to complete as you race. levelling up unlocks different abiltys that you can equip to your ship for example faster turning, aswel as decals for your left and right wing. apocolypse mode pits you against difficult obstacles and a low sunset from the beginning and is basically for players who love a challenge.
    Labrytinth mode has more of a birds eye view and is a little slower to begin with however it adds to the variety of the game.

Fun to play with a decent, fitting soundtrack and easy to pick up for when you only have a little time on your hands. Price on the psn store is a little pricey at £7.39 ($9.99) for what it is, but if you want something
    that doesn't require a lot of effort to get into then this is a great addictive game for you.
  4. Jun 20, 2017
    This bad boy is NOT for people who get frustrated easily. For me, I crash, I laugh about it, I go again. Rinse and repeat. For an Indie title this game has incredibly smooth controls and extra beauty in its graphics that match those of some AAA tier games. The gameplay is as straightforward as it comes.

This game isn't one that you will sit down with for 3 hours straight but its great when you want to kill 10 minutes or so. I highly recommend this title. Simple, exciting, and beautiful.
  5. Feb 7, 2019
    This is a pretty fun game, I played it before I had vr but it is even better with the headset.
  6. Dec 20, 2020
    I really enjoy this game and my friends do too. I was tickled pink to see this game on PS4 on a 70 inch screen (actually it blew my face off) and I remembered that I actually helped this project exist years ago! So it was off to reclaim the Kickstarter reward that I had totally forgotten about!.

Well, at home it was a lot less intense on my monitor, and the crummy anti-aliasing grates on me a little, also a little boring and repetitive after a while (without taking turns, my friends at the edge of their seats, giant TV, and a couple bowls of reefer). But still a fun thing to hop onto for a few goes every day.

No regrets.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 9 Critic Reviews

1. Power Unlimited
    Jul 24, 2015
    Race the Sun is a randomly generated thrill ride that keeps pushing you harder and gets better every time you play. [Aug 2015, p.082]
  2. May 29, 2015
    It's a different endless runner, since the context is way less ethereal than what you're used to. If you like the genre, you should try this one.
  3. May 11, 2015
    A good pick-up-and-play game, but it gets old very fast.