6.5

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Apr 3, 2020
    Do not buy this game. It has cut a lot of content from the original release. They also downgraded the zombie gore and Nemesis is just a worse version of Mr. X from REmake 2. It's a blatant cashgrab made by a B-team. It's also REALLY short. Definitely not worth full price imho.
  2. Apr 3, 2020
    Call me delusional, call me nostalgic.. but at 21 years old, and after having played both titles, after the credits started to roll in, I felt extremely disappointed. Don't get me wrong, is still a game with stunning graphics and good new ideas but, as the Resident Evil 1 Remake teaches us: don't cut content, instead, expand on the original available source; that's how remakes should beCall me delusional, call me nostalgic.. but at 21 years old, and after having played both titles, after the credits started to roll in, I felt extremely disappointed. Don't get me wrong, is still a game with stunning graphics and good new ideas but, as the Resident Evil 1 Remake teaches us: don't cut content, instead, expand on the original available source; that's how remakes should be done... The game decides to cut some of its more iconic moments: such as Brad Vicker's death by Nemesis, or the entire clock tower section, in favour of a single-player campaign that serves as a side dish for the Resident Evil Resistance multiplayer mode, and It's really disappointing.... as one of the many devoted fans, we are the one that kept the series going, and we honestly deserve better than this. Again, this is a good game, and If you can handle the presence of some cut parts, along with pretty iconic ones being completely changed, then give it a go, is still a good game for the newcomers, even If the original one was way better... Expand
  3. Apr 3, 2020
    Let me be honest on this one, I would love to put 10 out of 10, but I cannot. The game is extremely short and there is no way to extend your experience above the average 8-hours campaign. It wouldn't be so bad if there was no RE2 Remake. Capcom is lazy again! If possible do not buy, let them know.
  4. Apr 3, 2020
    This is a 5 hours DLC!
    They tried to compensate it with a multiplayer-mode no one demanded for!
    What a missed opportunity to make RE3 great!
    Rushed development, too less time to create a worthy campaign.
  5. Apr 4, 2020
    Proof that better graphics do not make for a better game... the original was so much better. Honestly it feels like only half a game. ONLY BUY THIS GAME ON SALE. It IS WORTH playing but you are not going to want to replay this one. MY BIGGEST PROBLEM with this remake is that if feels like they took more out of game compared to the original and it feels rushed and empty. In a remake IProof that better graphics do not make for a better game... the original was so much better. Honestly it feels like only half a game. ONLY BUY THIS GAME ON SALE. It IS WORTH playing but you are not going to want to replay this one. MY BIGGEST PROBLEM with this remake is that if feels like they took more out of game compared to the original and it feels rushed and empty. In a remake I feel like they need to add more not take more out.

+ Nemesis feels more like a treating than ever in terms of strength, and speed.
    + The power station bug section is amazing and unique and the game needed a lot more of those sections.
    + The dodging mechanic is back and it feels good when you get it right! A very good add to this game.
    +++ The end game timer does not count the cut-scenes & the cinematic moments
    +/- First of all the game is too short but that has never been a problem for the RE series BUT it is here because there are no branching paths that make you want to play the game again.
    + Changing Jill's design makes more sense because the original tube top and mini shirt just don't make sense.
    ---NO RE-PLAYABILITY (harder modes do not count)
    -The puzzles are too easy to the point where it is embarrassing.
    -This game sacrificed having a big city to explore to becoming something that felt empty and horribly linear. There are too many landmarks in the city missing, No clock tower (mostly), No Raccon Park, No graveyard, No gas station, No newspaper building, No Mayor statues. No construction sites (not really). The game did not feel like a city if felt like 2 blocks of a town and that is a huge problem.
    - The story was so poorly written and that pacing felt so rushed that characters never got a chance to have the interactions they needed for the story to feel right.
    - The original game has these quick time events where you had to make decisions that really effected game play and enhanced re-playability and because that was neglected that game feels linear and empty.
    - Missing enemies like giant worm, Grave digger and spider
    - No mulp endings.

I just want to be honest this game is NOT a 0 but it is NOT a 10 by any means.
  6. Apr 3, 2020
    No clock tower, No Raccon Park, No graveyard, No Factory, No double Ending, No puzzles, No Brad Killed by Nemesis, No multiple option, Nemesis ruined, Trama upset... What else?
  7. Apr 3, 2020
    I just made an account to express how disappointed I am with this "remake", that feels more like another game than resident evil 3, and with nemesis (how could they mess up this iconic villain so BAD ?)
    This game doesn't deserves a 10. Dont pay 70$ for this game. Make capcom aware of their mistake, dont be a SHEEP . This game lacks a lot of content from the original game, its way too linear, rushed and its dull if you compare this game even with REmake2.

DONT BUY THIS GAME
  8. Apr 3, 2020
    Too many content is cut from original game,

The park, the clock town scene is gone.

and the PUZZLE is gone! Which is what i love most

and the flow is so short
  9. Apr 3, 2020
    Um total desrespeito com os fãs do jogo original, não passou de um caça-níquel pra ganhar em cima do sucesso do Re2 remake, cortaram às partes mais marcantes, a maioria dos puzzles(quebra cabeças), os inimigos mais marcantes e os cenários mais marcantes como a delegacia (onde apenas o Carlos passa), as perseguições do nemesis são na maioria escriptadas e também todas as transformaçõesUm total desrespeito com os fãs do jogo original, não passou de um caça-níquel pra ganhar em cima do sucesso do Re2 remake, cortaram às partes mais marcantes, a maioria dos puzzles(quebra cabeças), os inimigos mais marcantes e os cenários mais marcantes como a delegacia (onde apenas o Carlos passa), as perseguições do nemesis são na maioria escriptadas e também todas as transformações dele estão ridículas.Muito ruim Expand
  10. Apr 3, 2020
    Resident Evil 3 remake
    Directed by: Paul W.S. Anderson
    Written by: Paul W.S. Anderson
    Produced by: Michael Bay and Avi Arad
    Starring: Milla Jovovich
    Disappointment
  11. Apr 3, 2020
    It is a good game, but definetily, isn't a good Resident Evil 3 game! Why cut the giant worm? why cut a Nemesis transformation? Why cut the clock tower? the RPD? this isnt the classic resident evil 3, this is CAPCOM crazyness at its finest. Shame.
  12. Apr 6, 2020
    Pretext: this is my first review on Metacritic. I feel so gypped by this game, that I felt it necessary to make and account and give a review. Minor spoilers included.

TL;DR: Don't pay full price. Capcom is back in the dog house for this atrocious remake. I have FOND memories of being scared to death playing RE3: Nemesis on the original Playstation when I was younger. There's a

I have FOND memories of being scared to death playing RE3: Nemesis on the original Playstation when I was younger. There's a reason why they dropped Nemesis' name from the title of the remake.

1 - so much content is taken out compared to the original game on PS. Remember how Raccoon City felt like an actual sprawling city? You had to explore Bars, Police garages, and alley ways in order to fetch keys and other specific items to progress? This one is limited to a couple city blocks with some corridor alleys connecting the two. Almost all the doors are unlocked so there's no sense of getting lost and overwhelmed like in the original. The game is not fleshed out at all.

2 - Nemesis is not a roaming boss like Mr. X in RE2 remake. When you first encounter him, he chases you till you get to a specific save point. After that, he's limited to set pieces and boss fights. He no longer just stalks you at various points in the game like he did in the original. He's also more nimble in this instance, so perhaps that's why he doesn't play such a daunting integral part to the story this time around. However, instead of possibly balancing player maneuverability with that of Nemesis, or toning his capabilities down, they outright neuter Nemesis' role and reduce him to set pieces and boss fights. Hence why they dropped his name from the title; which is really disappointing.

3 - No puzzles. There was an obvious ode to the original with the RE2 remake and even the remake of RE1. With those titles, Capcom expanded on the puzzles by adding additional content and locations. This one completely restructures the first 3rd of the game while taking out a majority of the substance. The whole task to get the train moving takes about two hours and it's a very linear process considering there are no locked doors or keys for you to find to progress the story. The only reason to roam or backtrack is to unlock weapons cases and lockers once you get your lock pick after the first hour of the game.

For the new bloods who never played the original RE3: Nemesis, this remake probably won't disappoint. The premise of this game is the escape. You're trying to escape Raccoon City, and Nemesis is just a road block standing in your way. But for the life long fans of the original 3 games, this one does not live up to the precedent set by the previous 2 remakes. RE1 had a terrifying remake. Every bit of the original game you remembered was there in some capacity. The graphics were updated, mechanics were added like the last ditch defense tasers and knives; even additional content like the Lisa subplot was added to the already impressive story. Seeing Lisa shuffle around while wearing her dead parents' faces was truly horrifying. Especially given the context of the additional notes alluding to the history behind her undoing. Crimson heads were added that needed to be burned before they re-re-animated into swift killing machines. It was a true remake. The same can be said for RE2 which ditched the fixed camera angles of the original and implemented an over the shoulder 3rd person perspective in its place. All the while bringing back to life the RE2 fans knew and loved.

RE3 remake does not fit this criteria. Instead, we get a neutered boss with a shallow game that comes off as insulting at times. I'm referring to things such as the inclusion of the clock tower without actually following that whole chapter of the original game. Jill doesn't make her way to RPD HQ. Instead, Carlos goes there once the train gets moving. Hell, we don't even properly get introduced to Nemesis in the same vein as the original; watching Brad meet his untimely gruesome demise at the hands of the towering beast. We just see a zombified Brad take a chunk out of Marvin from RE2 in front of the RPD HQ. And then Marvin is gone for the remainder of the game.

Capcom got some things right though. This game isn't outright awful, but damn, it's not good either. For me, its not at all what I was expecting or anticipating. Do not pay full price for this game. I get the feeling Capcom's focus was the multiplayer mode and they tacked it on in order to justify $60 price tag. I would hesitate to pay even $20 for this game at it's current state. I won't even play the MP just out of principle. I don't want to justify this game in any capacity, nor do I want to let Capcom think they can pull something similar down the road with other memorable games from their hay day.

Capcom owes its fans a true remake. A directors cut, where they fix a lot of the issues, rehash the story and take the time to actually present the original game with modern day improvements the way they did with RE2 and RE1.
  13. Apr 3, 2020
    They cut so much content from the original game. Pretty much all the puzzles do not exist in this game. Nemesis is as scary as a wet towel and useless. He only shows up during scripted events. I manage to beat this game just under 5 hours. This game was clearly rushed after how well RE2 did.
  14. Apr 3, 2020
    They cut far too much and the pacing is pretty bad. This was sorta a fail. Cut too much. Animations are weak. Nemi is not used often. Key location cut. No puzzles.
  15. Apr 3, 2020
    Very disappointing capcom that's what happens when you outsource the game and give it to a **** director who has the experience of 4-year-old that doesn't even know make a game he removes all the puzzles and important sections of a already short game and makes it shorter and than you give out an online game that nobody ever wanted (don't you understand that we hate multi **** games afterVery disappointing capcom that's what happens when you outsource the game and give it to a **** director who has the experience of 4-year-old that doesn't even know make a game he removes all the puzzles and important sections of a already short game and makes it shorter and than you give out an online game that nobody ever wanted (don't you understand that we hate multi **** games after all this time)
    the game is barely 4 hours what the **** is wrong with you capcom you just lost a loyal customer I should have known not to trust you again after your **** ups in 7th gen but after RE2 I thought you changed
    Obviously I was WRONG
  16. Apr 3, 2020
    They cut all the good parts , mr x felt more pwerful , dont buy wait for deep sale
  17. Apr 3, 2020
    this is not resident evil 3 !!!! without iconic scenarios, without puzzles, lifeless UBCS team taking out the carlos, nemesis with an intelligence of a vegetable, this game should be called resident evil collection of bad things.
  18. Apr 3, 2020
    This is not remake, this is cash grab with character names and models from RE3 for easy money.
    No, length is not the biggest issue here..
    No, length is not the biggest issue here..
    Let me say it - i give Capcom pass for RE2 Remake and the botched secondary scenarios and few cut enemies since well, that was still a great game. What they did with RE3 is a giant joke. This is streamlined garbage with set-pieces. Puzzles are cut because **** it, today games don't need it according to Capcom. What is even more disappointing - Capcom did cut locations that were included in original game - Clock tower, park, dead factory. These are replaced with identically looking sewers like RE2. Grave digger and spider are missing. On top of all this, Nemesis is disappointing and underused. He is used mainly for set-pieces (where Jill is running
    on corridors with explosions) and boss battles. All in all Mr X -> Nemesis.

Buy on deep sale and show to Capcom they need to respect more their original games.
  19. Apr 3, 2020
    **** the toxics fans ! The original game have the same period of time. It no have Tower Clock but they have another new things, Raccon park have mixes parts like the Subway, building zones, sewers and more. The Game don't deserve this.
  20. Dec 21, 2020
    The game is not bad, but they took the best cut scene from the original RE3 and puzzle this game is very easy. the graphics of the game is incredible and the characters too, but the RE2 remake lacked the affection
  21. Dec 19, 2021
    Pros:
    + balanced difficulty
    + beautiful graphics
    + ambient variety
    + great character control
    + easy to follow plot

Cons:
    - puzzles are too simple
    - too simple level design
    - rushed story introduction
    - linear nemesis sections
  22. Jan 12, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My top PS4/PS5 list
    1. Ghost of Tsushima 9,7/10
    2. God of War 9,5/10
    3. Other for TOP3 Meme
  23. Apr 3, 2020
    I'm giving this game a 5 because it's only 5 hours long. And believe me I searched every corner and turned every red room to blue.
  24. Apr 7, 2020
    Game is too short. Already tried to drag it out and turn every red rooms into blue, still got 6-7 max hours. This is unacceptable !! Why do you have to bring RE6 action movie feature in the game?? It is utterly useless and boring ! I hate it ! I really hate it !! Please do not remake any more games because you have just killed my favorite one. Focus SINGLE PLAYER, NO ONE WANTS MULTIPLAYERGame is too short. Already tried to drag it out and turn every red rooms into blue, still got 6-7 max hours. This is unacceptable !! Why do you have to bring RE6 action movie feature in the game?? It is utterly useless and boring ! I hate it ! I really hate it !! Please do not remake any more games because you have just killed my favorite one. Focus SINGLE PLAYER, NO ONE WANTS MULTIPLAYER !! Don't BE SORRY, BE BETTER NEXT TIME CAPCOM! Expand
  25. Apr 9, 2020
    Scripted
    Running simulator
    Cloned zombies
    Dead bodies disappearing

This game looks like a mediocre DLC from RE2.
    An offense to RE3 fans!
  26. Apr 6, 2020
    An average shooter, a terrible Resi evil game and an absolute rip off for a 4-6 hours game.
  27. Apr 4, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is very dissapointing
    no clock tower
    No multiple option
    Nemesis ruined Trama ruined
    Its not a remake
  28. Apr 3, 2020
    Unfortunately it’s really far from resident evil traditions, but despite it this action game is well done and quite involving
    PS But extremely short(((
  29. Apr 4, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not my RE3, the game is very cool until Hospital.... Why NEST 2? Man, everyone needs go down this game Expand
  30. Apr 8, 2020
    The only faithful part of this game is that it all happend at September 28.

The rest of it is just sad. RE 3 is a game that left a scar at my youth. I looked foward for this reamek for YEARS (decades, really).

Completly disapointed. This remake is a joke of questionable humor made in a waiting room.
  31. Apr 7, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a bad remake because thr original RE3 was better in everything. I will not forgive Capcom the lineal structure of this game, and the Nemesis disaster... There is no backtracking...and only 5 hours of game. REsistance is trash. Expand
  32. Apr 7, 2020
    Decepção Capcom!! A Capcom contínua NÃO ouvindo os fãs ninguém pediu reimaginacao a gente pediu REMAKE Capcom REMAKE!!
    Nós como fãs exigimos um outro remeke do RE3 pra compensar esse que ficou ruim.
    Queremos outro RE3 remake
  33. Apr 9, 2020
    Zero pra ver se os próximos a Capcom faz direito, jogo tinha tudo pra ser top aí me cagam...
  34. Apr 12, 2020
    Piece of garbage, Piece of garbage, Piece of garbage, Piece of garbage, Piece of garbage.
  35. Apr 12, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Cortaram muita coisa, faltaram vários puzzles. Nemesis vira cachorro, onde já se viu isso? Cortaram a parte do cemitério, da Torre do relogio. Decepcionante. Expand
  36. Apr 13, 2020
    Um jogo 'insana'mente fácil com ausência de elementos clássicos na história, falta de profundidade dos personagens, foge completamente do que se esperava em vista de REvil2 e a cereja do bolo, um nêmesis fraco e que se transforma num demogorgon gigante.
    Sinceramente, temos aí um forte concorrente a decepção do ano no mundo dos games.
  37. Apr 3, 2020
    Not a $60 game, too short, more than the original, not the RE3R the people expected, very dissapointing
  38. Apr 7, 2020
    Absolute garbage product and SCAM, do not buy this! Why? There are many reasons:
    1. Resident Evil 2 Remake was done by inhouse developers of Capcom and had a decent budget and developement time, while this Resident Evil 3 was outsourced to some B-Team with a low budget! The majority of the budget has gone to that idiotic garbage multi-player game/mode called Project Resistance WHICH THEY FORCE ON YOU, they do not give you the option to buy Resident Evil 3 seperately, you have to pay for both of them even if you are not interested in one or the other. This is extremely anti-consumer, Capcom knows that nobody wants Project Resistance, that is why they don't give you a choice.
    2. There is ALOT of cut content compared to the original RE3 which was also short.
    3. CENSORSHIP, they censored Jills outfit and personality, they turned her into some angry feminist wahman who needs no man, yet she looks like a shemale, lmao, epic fail.
    4. DOWNGRADGED GORE SYSTEM: The gore system is downgraded compared to RE2 remake.

Do not reward Capcom for their garbage behavior, send a clear message, do not buy this garbage product!
  39. Apr 4, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. jogo redutivo e raso, nao deveria nem se chamar resident evil3 e sim outro nome qualquer, ficaram as melhores partes da receita de sucesso do jogo de fora nesse novo título, vergonha da capcom, vexame. Expand
  40. Apr 4, 2020
    JOGO totalmente reviclado, ao invés desse dar profunda profundidade original, retiraram conteúdo. Capcom sendo Capcom
  41. Apr 4, 2020
    Não se deixe levar pela critica, muitos são comprados e medo de perder a boquinha da Capcom, veja canais sinceros e criticos sinceros. O jogo não vale 40 R$, o que a capcom fez foi uma vergonha, fanboy da capcom não conta, porque tudo o que ela fizer, até joguinho de 2 minutos custando 300r$ vão comprar. RE3 é uma porcaria, a Capcom deveria ter vergonha de entregar esse jogo a venda, tinhaNão se deixe levar pela critica, muitos são comprados e medo de perder a boquinha da Capcom, veja canais sinceros e criticos sinceros. O jogo não vale 40 R$, o que a capcom fez foi uma vergonha, fanboy da capcom não conta, porque tudo o que ela fizer, até joguinho de 2 minutos custando 300r$ vão comprar. RE3 é uma porcaria, a Capcom deveria ter vergonha de entregar esse jogo a venda, tinha tudo na mão para fazer a mina de ouro, o jogo do ano, mas conseguiram estragar a obra prima. Só apoia o jogo quem nunca viu RE3 na vida e só assistiu aos filmes, não existe fã ou jogador de RE que tenha gostado desse RE3 é impossível um fã não pago pela capcom falar que esse jogo é bom.Nem preciso entrar nos detalhes do porque, ja que muitos devem saber o que e quais foram os erros. no game!! Expand
  42. Apr 3, 2020
    These guys should be ashamed to release this half assed delivered garbage. I mean, isn’t it obvious that what made RE 2 remake a huge success was the entire nostalgia that the OG RE2 offered??? So why DELETE that from this one???!!

Instead you offer this online crap I am so tired of online gaming ruining EVERYTHING. You would think Capcom would be different with nostalgia games
  43. Apr 5, 2020
    This game is an insult to it's predecessor ResidentEvil 2 which was amazing,an insult to it's original that was amazing and here i want to say **** you CRAPcom for butchering a classic like that,also it's an insult to all ResidentEvil fans.A real theft ,that worth's nothing just cancellation from History
  44. Apr 6, 2020
    This game has good content and some great moments, but unfortunately the negatives and shady business practices far outweigh them.

First we have the censorship. They censored Jill's outfit and personality, the gore and violence (no dismemberment, no decapitation...), even a puzzle solution because the numbers were offensive to the Chinese! On this alone I would give the game the lowest score.

But then we also have the cut content (locations, enemies, mechanics, gamemodes...), abusive price tag, tons of reused assets, lack of replayability, forced multiplayer game, etc.

Capcom Ethics Department wins again, and they are more concerned with not offending a minority of SJW who won't even buy the game instead of respecting their fans. Let them know that is unacceptable.
  45. Apr 6, 2020
    This is not a game. It is a shame. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis was my favorite game in the franchise. And now we get this... Capcom, why? DMC 5 was bad, but this is a vomit threw on the heads of your fans. Didn’t RE6 teach you anything? Awful survival horror game, mediocre shooter. What the F is this game? Whoever made this fan fiction shorty experience should be fired. I won’t buy anyThis is not a game. It is a shame. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis was my favorite game in the franchise. And now we get this... Capcom, why? DMC 5 was bad, but this is a vomit threw on the heads of your fans. Didn’t RE6 teach you anything? Awful survival horror game, mediocre shooter. What the F is this game? Whoever made this fan fiction shorty experience should be fired. I won’t buy any capcom game anymore, I’m sure you will f. up RE8 too. Goodbye CAPCOM. You were cool once. Expand
  46. Apr 4, 2020
    Its not a remake, its not even the same game, they cut everything that made this a great game. There is no clock tower, cemitery, garden, enemies..nothing is there. Dont buy this game
  47. Apr 4, 2020
    Disappointed. The first half of the game did have me i'd admit, the second half was more like a meh, oh they re-spawned those guys again.

Lacked any real tension from the first game. Feel kind of let down after RE2 remake, feels like they were just trying to go for a cash grab off of how well RE2 RM was.

Def wait for a sale if you want this title.
  48. Apr 4, 2020
    This game is a sloppy rushed mess.

It is painfully obvious that they rushed this to try and capitalize on the success of RE:2.

If they remake RE4 I can only pray they do not ruin it like they did here.
  49. Apr 7, 2020
    Well, its the same as re2make but worse in pretty much all aspects.

In many way it felt like a rushed game, and more like a dlc of re2 rather than a 60 dollars game.

Not a single freaking puzzle in the whole game.
    Beating nemmy wasnt a challenge at all, Mr. X was way tougher to handle.
    Super Short.
    No replayability, no costumes, no rank S+, no mercenaries.
  50. Apr 4, 2020
    Downgrade
    Scripted
    Cloned zombies
    Nemesis ruined

This game looks like a mediocre DLC from RE2.
    An offense to RE3 fans! R.I.P CLOCK TOWER
  51. Apr 4, 2020
    I liked the RE2 remake they did a good job same goes with DMC5 even though both games were very short which is not worth the full price if you ask me. Anyway lets go to RE3 remake...

The Original RE3 were amazing and underrated, also people always talked about how great RE2 were. I loved RE3 a more than RE2. RE3 original were terrifying and that nemesis had me on jumpscares and

RE3 original were terrifying and that nemesis had me on jumpscares and goosbumps the whole game. The game had great level design and details also great sound effects. I just played the original RE3 about a year ago to remember how amazing that game was and its holding until this day for being one of the best horror survival game of all times just like the original RE.

This RE3 Remake has nothing of what made the original great. Nemesis is a child joke here. The game is more action than survival. There is no soul to the game. They made it fast without thinking just for easy cash grab. I guess Crapcom still Crap....
  52. Apr 4, 2020
    This review is from someone who pre-ordered the original RE3 back in 1999 and played it to death. It's hard to call Resident Evil 3 a remake, there's so much missing content it's more of a reimagining than a remake. Overall the game feels unfinished if you've played the original 1999 release of Resident Evil 3. Capcom set the standard for what a remake should be with the Resident EvilThis review is from someone who pre-ordered the original RE3 back in 1999 and played it to death. It's hard to call Resident Evil 3 a remake, there's so much missing content it's more of a reimagining than a remake. Overall the game feels unfinished if you've played the original 1999 release of Resident Evil 3. Capcom set the standard for what a remake should be with the Resident Evil Remake release on GameCube back in 2002. A remake is supposed to recreate the original game and EXPAND on the story arcs and lore. Not remove it entirely! What's missing:

-No live selection system (which KILLS replayability). This was a huge feature of RE3 where you made your own choices throughout the game. Kind of like pick a path.
    -No clock tower section.
    -No Raccoon Park section.
    -No cemetery section.
    -No gravedigger worm battle.
    -No dead factory section, so we have yet **another** secret underground umbrella lab. How trite.
    -Nemesis sections often feel more like I'm watching a movie than playing a game. The fabulous Mr. X stalking mechanics from Resident Evil 2 Remake are NOT implemented here with Nemesis.
    -No spiders.
    -No freeze rounds.
    -Greatly reduced puzzle sections.
    -*SPOILERS* No Barry flying the chopper in the end so it's like his character has been erased from the lore (speaking of the ending the nuclear bomb strike was completely watered down and utterly KILLED the emotional impact of seeing Raccoon City destroyed that the original game showcased. You were actually left feeling sad at the end of the original, but I just felt ripped off at the end of this so called "remake".

What they did actually include in the game I absolutely loved. The first hour of the game is fantastic although the mesmerizing FMV of the PlayStation original which showcases the zombies overrunning the city has been completely watered down and gives the zombie apocalypse far less impact. It has been replaced by a cheaply made and jarring live action movie using real actors. There's just too much ripped out of the original game for me to think this was a worthy effort. It feels like an extended DLC for RE2 Remake. Overall I'm disappointed at Capcom. The game feels like a rushed cash grab and is a heartbreaking missed opportunity to have created something really, really special with the new implementation of a live selection system especially.
  53. Apr 4, 2020
    Игра, которая лучше бы не выходила. После мощного выхода РЕ 2 ждал чего-то действительно достойного от ремейка любимой игры серии, но увы... Сюжет скомканный, бежит галопом не успевая раскрыть ни одного из персонажей и не давая полностью погрузиться в атмосферу, кидает из стороны в сторону. Видно что разработчик спешил и хотел пбыстрее выпустить игру не заморачиваясь и не развивая сюжет и,Игра, которая лучше бы не выходила. После мощного выхода РЕ 2 ждал чего-то действительно достойного от ремейка любимой игры серии, но увы... Сюжет скомканный, бежит галопом не успевая раскрыть ни одного из персонажей и не давая полностью погрузиться в атмосферу, кидает из стороны в сторону. Видно что разработчик спешил и хотел пбыстрее выпустить игру не заморачиваясь и не развивая сюжет и, персонажей и их взаимоотношения. Отдельного слова стоит и главный антогонист игры. Немезис. Которого просто безжалостно, бессовестно и наплевательски изковеркали, изуродовали и изпохабили, наверное, как только можно себе представить. И конечно вишенка на торте супер - короткий сюжет. Это не отдельная игра и уж тем более не переосмысление третьей, на мой взгляд лучшей, части, это просто DLC ко второму ремейку. Игра явно не стоит своих денег, даже половины с resistens в нагрузку. Если бы знал насколько все плохо низачто бы не купил, даже по ниреальной акции, дабы не видеть того позора в который Capcom превратила ремейк третьей части. Надеюсь они посмотрят на отзывы фанатов и им будет хоть немного стыдно! Expand
  54. Apr 4, 2020
    Easy money company feels like its just focusing on remakes which will ruin even our love for the classics like some of us are hatin on this game, lacks of creativty, too expensive for such an aberage and small content
  55. Apr 4, 2020
    i would call this a soulless remake but it’s not even that, it’s something that just happens to share the same title as 1999’s Resident Evil 3. this game is just profanity-laden edgy action sequences with almost no respect given to the source material and its so short it could have easily just been DLC for the RE2 Remake (which was also soulless, but at least it was actually a remake).
  56. Apr 8, 2020
    The game has no puzzles! No memorial places like Clock Tower, Park and Cemetery and... !
    The items that you take whole the game is very few! Maybe just two keys,a fire hose, three gems and ... !
    The Nemesis is not scary as the original version! There are No Crows, no Spiders, no giant Worm in the game! There are a lot of Save Rooms in same shape. And really too short game just like a small
    The Nemesis is not scary as the original version!
    There are No Crows, no Spiders, no giant Worm in the game!
    There are a lot of Save Rooms in same shape.
    And really too short game just like a small DLC.even there is no new game+ in the end !
  57. Apr 4, 2020
    It is so sad to see this weak game design... Canalization so ez, so stupid and so useless. Poison bugs? Ha ha ha. No blue herbs, no more bugs after first meeting... Capcom. How? Full price? Useless online? Cmon! U brake my heart, hope and expectation for more Raccoon-city story.
  58. Apr 4, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had too many isssues with the game.

The negative:
    - They cut to much content, it is not near to The original game on ps1. Many areas are gone and some monsters and boss flights are erased - level design is poor and linear. Racoon city in the original game feels more open world.
    - almost no puzzles
    - nemesis is too easy on hardcore mode, one handgranade takes him down.
    - nemesis envolves to a dog, such a bad decision. - dodge should have been replaced with defensive items
    - too much action, there is not enough mistery, and survival horror.

Positive
    - good character development
    - Nice graphics

Overall, they should have just copied the whole level design and maps from the original game but with better graphics. It would havee been a better game, if theh kept everything from the original game. Copy paste would have worked better. This game gets low grade because they forgot to Copy paste the original game. I really hope this will end capcom.
  59. Apr 9, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. -This title is basically Gears of Wars 3 all over again, with action, shooting and bullets to the extreme.. regardless of the level of difficulty!
    -The higher levels of difficulty are not selectable from the start, which obviously means.. that one's first gameplay in it will not be ideal regarding the possibility of a TRUE CHALLENGE in the SURVIVAL HORROR genre, because one has already finished the game to access them.
    -Lots of scripted scenes.. that makes it look more like a Cheesy-Action-Movie than a SURVIVAL HORROR game.
    -Its characters look as if they are bathed in oil, but in the case of the feminist Jill.. it is oil and mud.
    -Nemesis' appearance is ridiculous, having a nose, being wrapped in trash bags, and it even transform itself into a Licker, which is quite similar to the one in the RE1 movie of the Milla.
    -Jill's feminist appearance makes her quite similar to Milla Jovovich.
    -Carlos is basically a Chirs 2.0, and he can even kill B.O.W.s by just punching them, which is ABSURD!
    -It has PLOT HOLES regarding the main continuity of the RE saga, such as Brad Vickers zombie biting Marvin Branagh, when in the "RE: Outbreak File 2", Marvin already appears injured at the end of the scenario "Desperate Times", which causes that such scripted scene in this RE3: Reimagined to doesn't make any fvcking sense whatsoever!
  60. Apr 3, 2020
    Poor remake/reimagining that cuts plenty of corners reusuing assets. All the zombies from RE2R make a return with no new looks for this game. Nemesis is hardly present compared to the original game and heavily scripted. There's hardly any downtime as you're constantly heading for the next area and next to no back tracking. Very short for a $60 game, and this will not have the longevityPoor remake/reimagining that cuts plenty of corners reusuing assets. All the zombies from RE2R make a return with no new looks for this game. Nemesis is hardly present compared to the original game and heavily scripted. There's hardly any downtime as you're constantly heading for the next area and next to no back tracking. Very short for a $60 game, and this will not have the longevity that the original did and that game was short as well, but at least it was directed far better. This game is so scatterbrain that it feels like multiple directors handled it. There's also so many reused assets that you'll encounter if you've played RE7 and RE2R. Modern Capcom is incredibly lazy and they have westernized this once great franchise. A triple A game developer should be better than this. If you buy, get it at a heavy discount. It's a $20 game at best and should never of been a standalone release. Expand
  61. Apr 7, 2020
    I can't believe they turned a stealth-based, pulse pounding, zombie survival game into a five hour an action based dumpster fire. I want my money back Crapcom!
  62. Apr 4, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. These guys are lazy! For Christ's sake this game is worst than RE2 in every aspect! Where is the iconic areas like the Dead Factory and the Clock Tower, where is the 6 costumes that the original offered, Nemesis barely appears in the game! The Zombies evaporating at the Hospital...Jesus these guys are lazy!!! Expand
  63. Apr 8, 2020
    Não usem uma franquia para ganhar dinheiro somente. Nós fãs pedimos Remake, não reimaginação. Quer fazer uma nova história com os personagem icônicos, então faça um jogo novo com eles. Minha nota é como protesto para não acontecer com os futuros Remakes. O que vão fazer com o Code Verônica? Tirar a parte do Cris?
  64. Apr 8, 2020
    Capcom complete destroy everything in this game.
    Jill looks like a feminist. She says more dirty words than anything. Dumb jokes to mans...
    Sencorship in her classic outfit. Now lets look to contents. Devs cut 80% of the old area. Like clock tower, dead factory... Sounds low the quality compare to resident evil 2 remake. Zombies are the same. Iconic moments like Nemesis kill Brad... forget
    Capcom complete destroy everything in this game.
    Sencorship in her classic outfit.
    Sounds low the quality compare to resident evil 2 remake. Zombies are the same.
    Iconic moments like Nemesis kill Brad... forget about it.
    Nemesis jumb the Windows? Forget about it....
  65. Apr 8, 2020
    WTF Capcom??? After the excellence Re1 remake and the notorious Re2 last year they made this... Dlc??
    Where is the Clock Tower? Where is the park, spiders, worms, crows??? .... And WHERE is the legendary Grave Digger???? There is only TWO new enemies in this title, everything is a salvage copy and paste from Re2... Yes its good, for a DLC, a golden wasted opportunity, going bad Capcom... Again
  66. Apr 11, 2020
    Far, FAAAR to short for the price and even at a $30 dollar price point it would leave a sour taste in your mouth. The game feels uninspired and like a quickly cobbled together dlc for Res 2 remake. Quite a shame. Fun in parts, but overall
  67. Apr 6, 2020
    It looks like we should demand a refund with CAPCOM for the unnecessary “Resident Evil Resistance”.
  68. Apr 3, 2020
    Positive elements:

- Great graphics. Especially textures and lighting. - Organized plot in relation to RE2r. - Addition of NEST 2. Spectacular! I loved it! - Hospital was excellent. I loved it! - The sewer was great. It became more realistic than that of RE2r. - Characters are excellent. Really enjoyed! - BOWs are excellent. Hunter Gamma and Beta look great! Negative elements:
    Positive elements:

- Great graphics. Especially textures and lighting.
    - Organized plot in relation to RE2r.
    - Addition of NEST 2. Spectacular! I loved it!
    - Hospital was excellent. I loved it!
    - The sewer was great. It became more realistic than that of RE2r.
    - Characters are excellent. Really enjoyed!
    - BOWs are excellent. Hunter Gamma and Beta look great!

Negative elements:

- Absence of backtracking! Absurd. It's the biggest feature of the franchise's success! Respect the tradition!
    - Cutting of scenarios for transferring chapters. I think it's a mistake! Carlos was to walk to the Clock Tower to find Jill. It would be fantastic.
    - New Raccoon City locations could be explored, such as The Mall, Library, Stadium etc. It would be wonderful if you could get inside the Clock Tower, under some justification.
    - Absence of puzzles. And what are there are stupid, like the puzzle of precious stones. The only interesting puzzle was the connection of the subway energy.
    - Absence of classic scenarios that could be reformulated and revisited (Raccoon Press, Clock Tower, City Hall, Gas Station etc.)
    - Brad's death was inappropriate.
    - Crates scattered around the scenario. I think this level design option is very silly. It is inconsistent, it is not immersive and it is not serious. It has an arcade and game appeal from the past decade. You should put bags and backpacks to be opened. The trunk of police and civilian cars could be exploited instead of these crates.
    - Lack of explanation about the RPD events. Where's David Ford?
    - Very small and uninspired city scenery. It was simplified and very poor. A loss of opportunity!
    - Repetitive and reused zombies. Laziness?
    - Excess and repetition of suitcases and locks. Couldn't there be other models?
    - The physics of the game suffered a clear setback. JIll / Carlos movements less than Leon / Claire. The gameplay is not as tasty as the RE2r. The REsistance game has a more responsive control mechanic than the RE3r.
    - There are no zombie mutilations. Shots impact is much less than RE2r.
    - Carlos' dodge, with his super punch, is stupid and very tacky. I was scared if he would also have a spinning kick, a suplex blow or punch a rock.
    - Nemesis became tacky and gaudy. Nemesis spiderman? Maybe if he was a little faster than Mr. X, but a lot more deadly, it would make the character more scary. It was very exaggerated. It got more boring than scary like Mr. X.
    - I think the badass personality of the main characters is something so old-fashioned and silly. I think you need to get out of that silly formula. I prefer humanized characters with more dramatic and real phrases.

- The gameplay is very short. If the Clock Tower had been explored inland, if the Gas Station had been visited and if the city had been wider and more exploitable, like some boutiques, the game could have lasted much longer. Also, I believe that the Raccoon Subway scenario could be explored, as in RE Outbreak2, to prolong the hours of play. The expansion of the Hospital and the addition of NEST 2 was great. But the classic scenarios could not have been missed.

I missed the City Hall. Will we have a new game in Raccoon City, where the building will be explored and there will we know the fate of Michael Warren? I read it on the internet from a fan, and it sounded very appropriate.

Learn CAPCOM! Do not abandon backtracking and exploration. Do not abandon puzzles. The game appears to have been produced in a hurry and with a lack of patience. Don't repeat that mistake, please, in the next remake.

For me, Remake or reimagination (it doesn't matter) needs to keep the original and classic elements of the game. There can be no losses, only additions, as occurred with NEST 2, the Hospital and the Sewer. RE1r is masterpiece because this.
  69. Apr 10, 2020
    Ok so I just finished RE3 Remake and if I have to sum it in one word it would be: disappointing.

I am an original RE fan from the very beginning and I had to beg my mother to let me rent RE 1 (when blockbuster was around for you young kids) on the PS. From there it led to a love of the series! When Capcom released RE 3 it was by far my favorite! It was a combination of playing Jill

It was a combination of playing Jill who is my favourite character from the series, playing in the city which was sprawling (and you could revisit areas - more on this later), the hair raising moments you had to make decisions that affected the story and of course Nemesis!

Based on the RE 2 remake - which was excellent, I had high hopes that I could relive my experience as a young kid with RE3 remake. Sadly, it didn't come close.

From the very beginning it was too action based - I mean you nonchalantly are introduced to Nemesis 5 minutes in!? Unlike the epic intro in the original game.

They eluded to Brad having a bigger role to play in this version - he did not - it was much less.

Don't get me wrong it was fun in the moment, you barely had time to catch your breath but it just wasn't a resident evil game. Not survival horror, but action based.

I agree with a lot of the reviews that say this feels like a rushed, add-on campaign - not a stand alone game.

It's very linear (story wise and map wise), you move from one area to another, with no option to return unlike the original - if you forgot something in another area you had to retrace your steps through the city to obtain what you needed to move forward.

I hate how Capcom eliminated the option to choose where the story went unlike the original.

Now Nemesis... how disappointing and represents nothing like the original! He only shows up for a cut scene or boss fight. The original had him chasing you from area to area. He made RE 3 original and he was so absent from this version. Again feeling forced for story purposes.

Many areas were missing from the original as well. Mainly the clock tower, cemetery / park.

I am not looking for an exact replica of the original but this had nothing to pay homage to the original.

RE 2 Remake nailed it. RE 3 is an unfortunate epic fail and I just feel Capcom rushed this to captivate off its profits from RE 2 Remake without paying attention to details. I will not replay this game.
  70. Apr 9, 2020
    HORRIBLE, DETESTABLE, DESAGRADABLE el diseño de Jill Valentine. Este juego no vale $60 dólares.
  71. Apr 9, 2020
    Absurdo recortar un juego para meter un DLC malo, aburrido y sin interés alguno.
    La mayoría de los eventos del original ocurren en apenas unos minutos haciendo que una joya como Residente Evil 3 se haya degradado en un corre, dispara y corre.
    Ni siquiera han respetado las músicas originales.... Ni la mítica de Un Nemesis
    En cuanto pueda lo vendo
  72. Apr 12, 2020
    Все порезали укоротили
    Ьиспогсаншоавкгщщ лраешгчвншш опаанлрвколраег осанглмпр
  73. Apr 9, 2020
    é chato, sempre a mesma coisa e não da uma boa sensação de jogo igual o seu antecessor dava
  74. Apr 10, 2020
    Beautiful game and super fun, but the price on this is disgustingly bad. It is so bad I had to make an account just to express how badly they messed this up. I get that the older resident evils are shorter games, and meant to be repeated on more and more challenging levels. Problem is the game is crazy easy, (Markiplier beat the nemesis phase 2 with a knife FFS). It has no branching paths.Beautiful game and super fun, but the price on this is disgustingly bad. It is so bad I had to make an account just to express how badly they messed this up. I get that the older resident evils are shorter games, and meant to be repeated on more and more challenging levels. Problem is the game is crazy easy, (Markiplier beat the nemesis phase 2 with a knife FFS). It has no branching paths. Hardly any monsters. just two variants of the hunters, zombies, white zombies, a couple dogs show up twice, and then the boss. Me and everyone praised Re Biohazard and Re2 remake. Lots of additional content added to re2 and it didn't cost so damn much. I hate to say it, but I will NOT be buying any future titles unless they have overwhelmingly positive reviews. I refuse to do it again. Expand
  75. Apr 4, 2020
    Resident Evil 3 has moments that shine. The main flaws of the game are its length and replayability factor. Definitely a step down from the Resident Evil 2 remake. It would be worth purchasing on sale, unless capcom decides to add dlc content to beef up the length.
  76. Apr 3, 2020
    Other than the short RE3 campaign, the Multiplayer mode is just a cheap copycat to DbD. RE deserves much more creativity than this crap!
    And I need an option buy RE3 or Resistance, not as a bundle.
  77. Apr 4, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In overall this is spit in the face of fans of RE3. So much locations, puzzles and enemies were cut off compare to original game. Capcom added irrelevant REsistance to sell it on fullprice. And they will milk REsistance mode with boosters, skins etc.
    Music in campaign also not working on the atmospherethat was so neat and creepy in the original. And Nemesis nothing but joke because he not the iconic villain but just some poor animal and victim of scientists of Umbrella. Just few good things in the game: Carlos and his R.P.D. and Hospital segment, new appearance of Jill work of actors in overall.But this isn't enough for game that wear proud name Resident Evil 3. Capcom, make remake of this remake or your next game in this franchise will flop.
  78. Apr 4, 2020
    Good gameplay and filled with intensity but it's really short and a lot of original content was cut. in conclusion, great game but not for 60$, maybe 40$ or 35$ sounds fair.
  79. Apr 4, 2020
    The game is short, JUST LIKE THE CLASSIC. At the middle until the end the game turned into a Resident Evil 6 in my opinion, I really didn't like the Nemesis transformations. No mercenaries mode, that's bad, the original one had it.
  80. Apr 5, 2020
    the game does not have:

-the clock tower -cemetery -park that gave a great variation of scenery -choices during the campaign that led to random encounters with characters -no mercenaries -death of important characters - choices that led to multiple endings / epilogues -he doesn't add anything new, they just removed and summarized everything, leaving the story empty and
    the game does not have:

-the clock tower
    -cemetery
    -park
    that gave a great variation of scenery

-choices during the campaign that led to random encounters with characters

-no mercenaries

-death of important characters

- choices that led to multiple endings / epilogues

-he doesn't add anything new, they just removed and summarized everything, leaving the story empty and without any emotion

CONCLUSION: a game that was made in a hurry for money, and ended up having less content and a sickening and much smaller campaign than a game that launched 20 years ago ... congratulations capcom
  81. Apr 6, 2020
    This game is false advertising and a dishonest cash grab. It baits you with the name and promise that it's a RE3 remake, but it's not, and for this sh-tty practices from Capcom this game deserves a low score, regardless of how good the game itself is. If a company tells you its selling you something and it's obviously a lie and willfully deceit, they have to be called out for it. This isThis game is false advertising and a dishonest cash grab. It baits you with the name and promise that it's a RE3 remake, but it's not, and for this sh-tty practices from Capcom this game deserves a low score, regardless of how good the game itself is. If a company tells you its selling you something and it's obviously a lie and willfully deceit, they have to be called out for it. This is f--king false advertising and fan-baiting theft. Expand
  82. Apr 6, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Clássico era bem melhor.faktiy muitas áreas podiam refazer o jogo não seria nada mal. Expand
  83. Apr 8, 2020
    Not bad but an opportunity has been missed to increase the replayability. Having different choices in the original was analogous to RE2's scenario A & B, that is missing in the RE 3 remake. One could have expanded those choices into something completely new i.e. having even a third option on a third playthrough, go crazy with an alternative "what if scenario" (i.e. kill off the mainNot bad but an opportunity has been missed to increase the replayability. Having different choices in the original was analogous to RE2's scenario A & B, that is missing in the RE 3 remake. One could have expanded those choices into something completely new i.e. having even a third option on a third playthrough, go crazy with an alternative "what if scenario" (i.e. kill off the main characters and play with side characters). Also nemesis is a bit too clunky and slow in comparison and feels too similar to Mr. X from RE2. Expand
  84. Apr 13, 2020
    With this remake, Capcom destroyed my childhood memories!
    The more I played, the more frustrated I became.
    This game is not worth $ 60.
  85. Apr 13, 2020
    Chega de reimaginação , faça REMAKE como RESIDENT EVIL 1 GAMECUBE , e veja o SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS PS4 esse sim é REMAKE de VERDADE .A CAPCOM usa o nome só pra vender. Ta na de fazer REBOOT ou contratar o SHINJI MIKAMI e por verdadeiros profissionais do original na época.Pra mim foi CTRL+C e CTRL+V de zumbis e a RPD e Brad sendo atacado pelo zumbi e fala . história e acontecimentosChega de reimaginação , faça REMAKE como RESIDENT EVIL 1 GAMECUBE , e veja o SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS PS4 esse sim é REMAKE de VERDADE .A CAPCOM usa o nome só pra vender. Ta na de fazer REBOOT ou contratar o SHINJI MIKAMI e por verdadeiros profissionais do original na época.Pra mim foi CTRL+C e CTRL+V de zumbis e a RPD e Brad sendo atacado pelo zumbi e fala . história e acontecimentos diferentes do original, e NEMESIS SCRIPTADO e cagaram com o visual e de todos personagens , muitas coisas cortadas e vendendo a PREÇO CHEIO. O nome RESIDENT EVIL só ganhou força na mão de SHINJI MIKAMI , aliás RESIDENT EVIL 1 e RESIDENT EVIL 0 só não vendeu bem por muitos não ter GAMECUBE se fosse no PlayStation 2 seria sucesso. CAPCOM faça REMAKE de qualidade ouve seus fã antigos que viu a franquia crescer. O ORIGINAL é MUITO SUPERIOR a esse. Expand
  86. Apr 19, 2020
    This game has lost its soul of Resisdent Evil. Though I never played the original RE3, I did with RE0 1 2, and I have played RE2 remake and gave it 8/10, which is decent score from me. RE3remake however, was a disappointment. I did not feel like the game is shorter than RE2remake as everyone said (it has only 1 character but the time of 1 playthrough is not much different). The mainThis game has lost its soul of Resisdent Evil. Though I never played the original RE3, I did with RE0 1 2, and I have played RE2 remake and gave it 8/10, which is decent score from me. RE3remake however, was a disappointment. I did not feel like the game is shorter than RE2remake as everyone said (it has only 1 character but the time of 1 playthrough is not much different). The main problem is that the atmosphere of suvival horror is gone !. Jill and Carlos felt like they are storming the place rather than find a way to survive. Especially, on Carlos campaign, zombie horde is just too many and felt tiresome to kill. Devs here had misunderstanding the charm of RE. The excitement did not came for shooting zombies, but the atmosphere and the shortage of ammo. 2 zombiles with only have 5 ammo handgun left are much more horror than 5-6 zombiles with your 100 ammo assault rifle. Too many ammo has giving in standard, but the game is still more difficult than RE2 in enemy placements and nasty attack (1hit kill) from some enemies.

Moreover, Nemesis is even more destroying atmosphere. When it comes, it breaks immesion of horror survival entirely. Because we knew it was scripted. It is becoming annoying, rather than fear like Mr.X. Because for Mr.X, you don't know where he is, when he will appear, and everytime he comes, you will hear foot step first, so you get pressure to do things quickly. When Nemesis come, the game become like super soilder vs monster instead, full mode action game. Cutscenes with Nemesis also felt very unrealistic. In reality, Jill should have died too many times or at least got some broken ribs.

Anyway, the game is still fun in some sections I have to give them that. I might give 7/10 if it is not named RE. Jill is pretty much felt like Lara Croft to me. Story is not as good as RE2remake either. It is sadly a disgrace in remake series.
  87. Apr 8, 2020
    Really disappointed with this remake, they removed the clocktower, the park, mercenaries mode, they changed the nemesis design and now it looks stupid not intimidating at all. This game is not scary , and it extremely short. No extra modes like re2. As a fan, we deserve another remake
  88. Apr 14, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hugely disappointing game after the fantastic resident evil 3. It's clear this game was rushed like its 1999 original. Cut content and a criminal under use of Nemeis makes this remake not relevant. It staggers me how much Capcomnand MTwo have dropped the ball on Nemesis. Really really disappointing and concerning for the possibility of future remakes. DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE FOR THIS GAME. it is like people are saying...DLC for Resident Evil 2 Remake. Expand
  89. Apr 26, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Solo por caridad.
    Esperábamos mucho más, una ciudad de racoon City y no una calle con un parte de locales, la torre, le parque, nuevas zonas (No una alcantarilla!!!) y Nemesis que apareciera sorpresiva mente en varias ocasiones, no con cinemáticas! Desilucinante, pagar tanto y esperar un remake del juego que para mi ha sido el mejor de todos los juegos de zombie de culto, verlo tan desaprovechado por hacer las cosas a medias y muy mal
  90. Apr 3, 2020
    They stuffed this.

Why is the gore censored compared to RE2R? (limbs no longer fall off Zombies?) Too much of the game is on rails. 4 hours in and it's scripted set-piece after another. Nemesis NEVER shows up without a cutscene or some kind of forced quick-time event sequence. This wasn't what I was expecting. There's none of the freedom of exploration we had in RE2 Remake. In
    They stuffed this.

Why is the gore censored compared to RE2R? (limbs no longer fall off Zombies?)

There's none of the freedom of exploration we had in RE2 Remake. In that game, there was enough in the police station segments to be enjoyable, where you could tackle most of the objectives in any order you wanted. And Mr X was at least an attempt at a boss that dynamically stalks you. I expected they would have built upon this foundation with Nemesis, where he stalks you throughout the city while you are trying to avoid him and get **** done.

RE3 railroads you from start to finish and every Nemesis encounter is scripted. So replay ability is out the window or any chance of surprise encounters during a 2nd play through. It's predictable, too.

They're dialing back the original formula again and are bringing it more in line with RE6 on rails shooter **** which I loath.

To Capcom: Keep your games in development for longer if you have to if it means you can deliver a fully fleshed out experience. Rushing out a game; especially a highly anticipated and loved game such as RE3 will not do you favors in the long run. As a long time fan of the series, and as someone who enjoyed RE2R last year; this was a disappointment and I'll be more hesitant to purchase your future titles.
  91. Apr 3, 2020
    [ENG] In a remake, I expect what I already had and more new things and not less than what the original already had.

[PT-BR] Num remake, espero o que já tinha e mais coisa novas e não menos coisa do que o original já tinha.
  92. Apr 4, 2020
    TLDR; Dont waste your time with this amazing looking copy/pasted cashgrab just watch a longplay in youtube and try to not fall asleep watching it.

I loved the original RE3, it was fun, had tons of replayability, and got me into the RE series, so for this "reimagining" I actually got the best TV in the market an, on of the best GPU, and the best surround sound, to play this game, if it was going to dissaapoint it wont be because of hardware, so I made the investment.

I was expecting a GREAT game, but to many red flags were raised before its release, culminating with total disapointment, this game is just a cash grab, nothing more.

The good: The controls are perfect, the Graphics are great and Carlos voice actor is charming as **** and thats it.

Now the bad: Everything else about it is just either reused and copy pasted all over the place, buggy, uncomplete, boring and lazy

This game is rushed, it really needed at least one more year of work, to be in an acceptable state, I would like to say that its a shadow of the original but its not, everything about it is a missed oportunity, its full of reused zombies/assets all over the place, i could even count the same zombie fat zombie with yellow vest up to 7 times, theres a wise saying that says "variety is the spice of life" and this game does not have it, they just copy/pasted EVERYTHING all over the place, even entire zones from REmake2

Music?, its there yes, buts its so bad, that you cant even notice it, to the point you might just fall asleep (as bad as REmake2), and this time they didnt even bother to add the old sountrack to keep you awake

Everything about this game is a downgrade to the original RE3, I would probably say its worth 15 bucks, dont waste your time, I would regret even watching a long play of this
  93. Apr 3, 2020
    Really short game, the development team cut the best parts of the original game.
    They say it's reimaginated, i say it's worse.
  94. Apr 4, 2020
    MGS V ground zeroes = this RE 3 rmk MGS V the phantom pain --> the real RE3 rmk
  95. Apr 8, 2020
    Let's do it quick:
    - 4 hours length ( less if you take out Cutscene)
    - Cut content ( events, puzzles, clock tower, alternative E)
    - Censorship ( Original Costume)
    - Toxic personality and annoying screaming 24/7
    - Horrible new desing Aim to 1% of the gaming base
    - Mannish looking Protagonist
    - Weak and predictable Nemesis
    - body dismembered Downgrade

Do not support this game
  96. Apr 4, 2020
    It not bad at all but its super short and capcom cur soooo many iconic locations like the park , clocktower , grave digger , and etc and the game is only 4 hours long also THERE ARE NO PUZZLES IN THE UNLIKE THE ORIGINAL
  97. Apr 5, 2020
    Truly disappointing alot of cut content and nemesis is barely in the game hope they will fix this
  98. Apr 12, 2020
    This game should have another name and not Resident Evil 3. They changed almost the whole plot of the original game.
  99. Apr 11, 2020
    This is an unfinished game. Do not pay half of what they are charging you for this game because you will regret it. I paid full price for this game and beat it while messing around in 5 hours. Nemesis feels like a prototype of Mr X from remake 2. He is buggy and will freeze in place staring at you if you enter the toy store. The door will be wide open and Nemesis sticks in place staring atThis is an unfinished game. Do not pay half of what they are charging you for this game because you will regret it. I paid full price for this game and beat it while messing around in 5 hours. Nemesis feels like a prototype of Mr X from remake 2. He is buggy and will freeze in place staring at you if you enter the toy store. The door will be wide open and Nemesis sticks in place staring at you. They ought to have called it Resi3 Arcade because this is more of a theme park ride than an actual game. I trusted Capcom on the strength of Remake2 but after this? Never again. All mitigating factors are made irrelevant by the fact that theyve packaged this with an online multiplayer game WITH paid gambling mechanics and dlc. In no other industry is this remotely acceptable. I would urge people not to make the same mistake i did. Current global situation aside i wouldve returned this. A case of one step forward and 5 back for Capcom. Expand
  100. Apr 4, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Too short, and no puzzles. Plus Nemesis is really easy to handle. And its absent many things from the original Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 83 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 23, 2020
    Even though it is a very successful game, you will feel a little disappointed. Compared to the remake of the second game, this one often loses its pace and it is impossible to get rid of the impression that there could and should have been more to this game. [Issue#303]
  2. Edge Magazine
    May 21, 2020
    All we can say is that six hours of Resident Evil 3 is just enough - and we're aware that's both compliment and curse. [Issue#346, p.88]
  3. May 4, 2020
    After a stellar remake of an arguably the best Resident Evil game ever made, Capcom has let down our expectations by giving us a more scripted, more linear survival horror action game that will probably be forgotten like so many sequels that have gone the path of less resistance when it comes to game design. RE3 make feels more like a DLC than a full-blown game.