6.5

1. Apr 3, 2020
    Call me delusional, call me nostalgic.. but at 21 years old, and after having played both titles, after the credits started to roll in, I felt extremely disappointed. Don't get me wrong, is still a game with stunning graphics and good new ideas but, as the Resident Evil 1 Remake teaches us: don't cut content, instead, expand on the original available source; that's how remakes should beCall me delusional, call me nostalgic.. but at 21 years old, and after having played both titles, after the credits started to roll in, I felt extremely disappointed. Don't get me wrong, is still a game with stunning graphics and good new ideas but, as the Resident Evil 1 Remake teaches us: don't cut content, instead, expand on the original available source; that's how remakes should be done... The game decides to cut some of its more iconic moments: such as Brad Vicker's death by Nemesis, or the entire clock tower section, in favour of a single-player campaign that serves as a side dish for the Resident Evil Resistance multiplayer mode, and It's really disappointing.... as one of the many devoted fans, we are the one that kept the series going, and we honestly deserve better than this. Again, this is a good game, and If you can handle the presence of some cut parts, along with pretty iconic ones being completely changed, then give it a go, is still a good game for the newcomers, even If the original one was way better... Expand
  2. Apr 4, 2020
    Proof that better graphics do not make for a better game... the original was so much better. Honestly it feels like only half a game. ONLY BUY THIS GAME ON SALE. It IS WORTH playing but you are not going to want to replay this one. MY BIGGEST PROBLEM with this remake is that if feels like they took more out of game compared to the original and it feels rushed and empty. In a remake IProof that better graphics do not make for a better game... the original was so much better. Honestly it feels like only half a game. ONLY BUY THIS GAME ON SALE. It IS WORTH playing but you are not going to want to replay this one. MY BIGGEST PROBLEM with this remake is that if feels like they took more out of game compared to the original and it feels rushed and empty. In a remake I feel like they need to add more not take more out.

+ Nemesis feels more like a treating than ever in terms of strength, and speed.
    + The power station bug section is amazing and unique and the game needed a lot more of those sections.
    + The dodging mechanic is back and it feels good when you get it right! A very good add to this game.
    +++ The end game timer does not count the cut-scenes & the cinematic moments
    +/- First of all the game is too short but that has never been a problem for the RE series BUT it is here because there are no branching paths that make you want to play the game again.
    + Changing Jill's design makes more sense because the original tube top and mini shirt just don't make sense.
    ---NO RE-PLAYABILITY (harder modes do not count)
    -The puzzles are too easy to the point where it is embarrassing.
    -This game sacrificed having a big city to explore to becoming something that felt empty and horribly linear. There are too many landmarks in the city missing, No clock tower (mostly), No Raccon Park, No graveyard, No gas station, No newspaper building, No Mayor statues. No construction sites (not really). The game did not feel like a city if felt like 2 blocks of a town and that is a huge problem.
    - The story was so poorly written and that pacing felt so rushed that characters never got a chance to have the interactions they needed for the story to feel right.
    - The original game has these quick time events where you had to make decisions that really effected game play and enhanced re-playability and because that was neglected that game feels linear and empty.
    - Missing enemies like giant worm, Grave digger and spider
    - No mulp endings.

I just want to be honest this game is NOT a 0 but it is NOT a 10 by any means.
  3. Apr 3, 2020
    Let me be honest on this one, I would love to put 10 out of 10, but I cannot. The game is extremely short and there is no way to extend your experience above the average 8-hours campaign. It wouldn't be so bad if there was no RE2 Remake. Capcom is lazy again! If possible do not buy, let them know.
  4. Apr 3, 2020
    This is a 5 hours DLC!
    They tried to compensate it with a multiplayer-mode no one demanded for!
    What a missed opportunity to make RE3 great!
    Rushed development, too less time to create a worthy campaign.
  5. Apr 3, 2020
    I just made an account to express how disappointed I am with this "remake", that feels more like another game than resident evil 3, and with nemesis (how could they mess up this iconic villain so BAD ?)
    This game doesn't deserves a 10. Dont pay 70$ for this game. Make capcom aware of their mistake, dont be a SHEEP . This game lacks a lot of content from the original game, its way too linear, rushed and its dull if you compare this game even with REmake2.

DONT BUY THIS GAME
  6. Apr 3, 2020
    Too many content is cut from original game,

The park, the clock town scene is gone.

and the PUZZLE is gone! Which is what i love most

and the flow is so short
  7. Apr 3, 2020
    They cut far too much and the pacing is pretty bad. This was sorta a fail. Cut too much. Animations are weak. Nemi is not used often. Key location cut. No puzzles.
  8. Apr 3, 2020
    No clock tower, No Raccon Park, No graveyard, No Factory, No double Ending, No puzzles, No Brad Killed by Nemesis, No multiple option, Nemesis ruined, Trama upset... What else?
  9. Apr 3, 2020
    It is a good game, but definetily, isn't a good Resident Evil 3 game! Why cut the giant worm? why cut a Nemesis transformation? Why cut the clock tower? the RPD? this isnt the classic resident evil 3, this is CAPCOM crazyness at its finest. Shame.
  10. Apr 3, 2020
    Very disappointing capcom that's what happens when you outsource the game and give it to a **** director who has the experience of 4-year-old that doesn't even know make a game he removes all the puzzles and important sections of a already short game and makes it shorter and than you give out an online game that nobody ever wanted (don't you understand that we hate multi **** games afterVery disappointing capcom that's what happens when you outsource the game and give it to a **** director who has the experience of 4-year-old that doesn't even know make a game he removes all the puzzles and important sections of a already short game and makes it shorter and than you give out an online game that nobody ever wanted (don't you understand that we hate multi **** games after all this time)
    the game is barely 4 hours what the **** is wrong with you capcom you just lost a loyal customer I should have known not to trust you again after your **** ups in 7th gen but after RE2 I thought you changed
    Obviously I was WRONG
  11. Apr 6, 2020
    Pretext: this is my first review on Metacritic. I feel so gypped by this game, that I felt it necessary to make and account and give a review. Minor spoilers included.

TL;DR: Don't pay full price. Capcom is back in the dog house for this atrocious remake. I have FOND memories of being scared to death playing RE3: Nemesis on the original Playstation when I was younger. There's a

I have FOND memories of being scared to death playing RE3: Nemesis on the original Playstation when I was younger. There's a reason why they dropped Nemesis' name from the title of the remake.

1 - so much content is taken out compared to the original game on PS. Remember how Raccoon City felt like an actual sprawling city? You had to explore Bars, Police garages, and alley ways in order to fetch keys and other specific items to progress? This one is limited to a couple city blocks with some corridor alleys connecting the two. Almost all the doors are unlocked so there's no sense of getting lost and overwhelmed like in the original. The game is not fleshed out at all.

2 - Nemesis is not a roaming boss like Mr. X in RE2 remake. When you first encounter him, he chases you till you get to a specific save point. After that, he's limited to set pieces and boss fights. He no longer just stalks you at various points in the game like he did in the original. He's also more nimble in this instance, so perhaps that's why he doesn't play such a daunting integral part to the story this time around. However, instead of possibly balancing player maneuverability with that of Nemesis, or toning his capabilities down, they outright neuter Nemesis' role and reduce him to set pieces and boss fights. Hence why they dropped his name from the title; which is really disappointing.

3 - No puzzles. There was an obvious ode to the original with the RE2 remake and even the remake of RE1. With those titles, Capcom expanded on the puzzles by adding additional content and locations. This one completely restructures the first 3rd of the game while taking out a majority of the substance. The whole task to get the train moving takes about two hours and it's a very linear process considering there are no locked doors or keys for you to find to progress the story. The only reason to roam or backtrack is to unlock weapons cases and lockers once you get your lock pick after the first hour of the game.

For the new bloods who never played the original RE3: Nemesis, this remake probably won't disappoint. The premise of this game is the escape. You're trying to escape Raccoon City, and Nemesis is just a road block standing in your way. But for the life long fans of the original 3 games, this one does not live up to the precedent set by the previous 2 remakes. RE1 had a terrifying remake. Every bit of the original game you remembered was there in some capacity. The graphics were updated, mechanics were added like the last ditch defense tasers and knives; even additional content like the Lisa subplot was added to the already impressive story. Seeing Lisa shuffle around while wearing her dead parents' faces was truly horrifying. Especially given the context of the additional notes alluding to the history behind her undoing. Crimson heads were added that needed to be burned before they re-re-animated into swift killing machines. It was a true remake. The same can be said for RE2 which ditched the fixed camera angles of the original and implemented an over the shoulder 3rd person perspective in its place. All the while bringing back to life the RE2 fans knew and loved.

RE3 remake does not fit this criteria. Instead, we get a neutered boss with a shallow game that comes off as insulting at times. I'm referring to things such as the inclusion of the clock tower without actually following that whole chapter of the original game. Jill doesn't make her way to RPD HQ. Instead, Carlos goes there once the train gets moving. Hell, we don't even properly get introduced to Nemesis in the same vein as the original; watching Brad meet his untimely gruesome demise at the hands of the towering beast. We just see a zombified Brad take a chunk out of Marvin from RE2 in front of the RPD HQ. And then Marvin is gone for the remainder of the game.

Capcom got some things right though. This game isn't outright awful, but damn, it's not good either. For me, its not at all what I was expecting or anticipating. Do not pay full price for this game. I get the feeling Capcom's focus was the multiplayer mode and they tacked it on in order to justify $60 price tag. I would hesitate to pay even $20 for this game at it's current state. I won't even play the MP just out of principle. I don't want to justify this game in any capacity, nor do I want to let Capcom think they can pull something similar down the road with other memorable games from their hay day.

Capcom owes its fans a true remake. A directors cut, where they fix a lot of the issues, rehash the story and take the time to actually present the original game with modern day improvements the way they did with RE2 and RE1.
  12. Apr 3, 2020
    They cut all the good parts , mr x felt more pwerful , dont buy wait for deep sale
  13. Apr 3, 2020
    Um total desrespeito com os fãs do jogo original, não passou de um caça-níquel pra ganhar em cima do sucesso do Re2 remake, cortaram às partes mais marcantes, a maioria dos puzzles(quebra cabeças), os inimigos mais marcantes e os cenários mais marcantes como a delegacia (onde apenas o Carlos passa), as perseguições do nemesis são na maioria escriptadas e também todas as transformaçõesUm total desrespeito com os fãs do jogo original, não passou de um caça-níquel pra ganhar em cima do sucesso do Re2 remake, cortaram às partes mais marcantes, a maioria dos puzzles(quebra cabeças), os inimigos mais marcantes e os cenários mais marcantes como a delegacia (onde apenas o Carlos passa), as perseguições do nemesis são na maioria escriptadas e também todas as transformações dele estão ridículas.Muito ruim Expand
  14. Apr 3, 2020
    Resident Evil 3 remake
    Directed by: Paul W.S. Anderson
    Written by: Paul W.S. Anderson
    Produced by: Michael Bay and Avi Arad
    Starring: Milla Jovovich
    Disappointment
  15. Apr 3, 2020
    this is not resident evil 3 !!!! without iconic scenarios, without puzzles, lifeless UBCS team taking out the carlos, nemesis with an intelligence of a vegetable, this game should be called resident evil collection of bad things.
  16. Apr 3, 2020
    They cut so much content from the original game. Pretty much all the puzzles do not exist in this game. Nemesis is as scary as a wet towel and useless. He only shows up during scripted events. I manage to beat this game just under 5 hours. This game was clearly rushed after how well RE2 did.
  17. Apr 3, 2020
    This is not remake, this is cash grab with character names and models from RE3 for easy money.
    No, length is not the biggest issue here..
    No, length is not the biggest issue here..
    Let me say it - i give Capcom pass for RE2 Remake and the botched secondary scenarios and few cut enemies since well, that was still a great game. What they did with RE3 is a giant joke. This is streamlined garbage with set-pieces. Puzzles are cut because **** it, today games don't need it according to Capcom. What is even more disappointing - Capcom did cut locations that were included in original game - Clock tower, park, dead factory. These are replaced with identically looking sewers like RE2. Grave digger and spider are missing. On top of all this, Nemesis is disappointing and underused. He is used mainly for set-pieces (where Jill is running
    on corridors with explosions) and boss battles. All in all Mr X -> Nemesis.

Buy on deep sale and show to Capcom they need to respect more their original games.
  18. Apr 3, 2020
    **** the toxics fans ! The original game have the same period of time. It no have Tower Clock but they have another new things, Raccon park have mixes parts like the Subway, building zones, sewers and more. The Game don't deserve this.
  19. Apr 14, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hugely disappointing game after the fantastic resident evil 3. It's clear this game was rushed like its 1999 original. Cut content and a criminal under use of Nemeis makes this remake not relevant. It staggers me how much Capcomnand MTwo have dropped the ball on Nemesis. Really really disappointing and concerning for the possibility of future remakes. DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE FOR THIS GAME. it is like people are saying...DLC for Resident Evil 2 Remake. Expand
  20. Apr 19, 2020
    This game has lost its soul of Resisdent Evil. Though I never played the original RE3, I did with RE0 1 2, and I have played RE2 remake and gave it 8/10, which is decent score from me. RE3remake however, was a disappointment. I did not feel like the game is shorter than RE2remake as everyone said (it has only 1 character but the time of 1 playthrough is not much different). The mainThis game has lost its soul of Resisdent Evil. Though I never played the original RE3, I did with RE0 1 2, and I have played RE2 remake and gave it 8/10, which is decent score from me. RE3remake however, was a disappointment. I did not feel like the game is shorter than RE2remake as everyone said (it has only 1 character but the time of 1 playthrough is not much different). The main problem is that the atmosphere of suvival horror is gone !. Jill and Carlos felt like they are storming the place rather than find a way to survive. Especially, on Carlos campaign, zombie horde is just too many and felt tiresome to kill. Devs here had misunderstanding the charm of RE. The excitement did not came for shooting zombies, but the atmosphere and the shortage of ammo. 2 zombiles with only have 5 ammo handgun left are much more horror than 5-6 zombiles with your 100 ammo assault rifle. Too many ammo has giving in standard, but the game is still more difficult than RE2 in enemy placements and nasty attack (1hit kill) from some enemies.

Moreover, Nemesis is even more destroying atmosphere. When it comes, it breaks immesion of horror survival entirely. Because we knew it was scripted. It is becoming annoying, rather than fear like Mr.X. Because for Mr.X, you don't know where he is, when he will appear, and everytime he comes, you will hear foot step first, so you get pressure to do things quickly. When Nemesis come, the game become like super soilder vs monster instead, full mode action game. Cutscenes with Nemesis also felt very unrealistic. In reality, Jill should have died too many times or at least got some broken ribs.

Anyway, the game is still fun in some sections I have to give them that. I might give 7/10 if it is not named RE. Jill is pretty much felt like Lara Croft to me. Story is not as good as RE2remake either. It is sadly a disgrace in remake series.
  21. Apr 8, 2020
    Instead of that horrible multiplayer mode they could've dedicated more development time to the singleplayer. So much content was cut from the original game, and as a result this game is even shorter than the first RE3 game. The game is also piss easy, must've been cause Capcom took to heart all the **** and complaining people had with Mr. X in RE2R.....this game is a solid 6/10 and a hugeInstead of that horrible multiplayer mode they could've dedicated more development time to the singleplayer. So much content was cut from the original game, and as a result this game is even shorter than the first RE3 game. The game is also piss easy, must've been cause Capcom took to heart all the **** and complaining people had with Mr. X in RE2R.....this game is a solid 6/10 and a huge disappointment from Capcom. Expand
  22. Apr 8, 2020
    Really disappointed with this remake, they removed the clocktower, the park, mercenaries mode, they changed the nemesis design and now it looks stupid not intimidating at all. This game is not scary , and it extremely short. No extra modes like re2. As a fan, we deserve another remake
  23. Apr 26, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Solo por caridad.
    Esperábamos mucho más, una ciudad de racoon City y no una calle con un parte de locales, la torre, le parque, nuevas zonas (No una alcantarilla!!!) y Nemesis que apareciera sorpresiva mente en varias ocasiones, no con cinemáticas! Desilucinante, pagar tanto y esperar un remake del juego que para mi ha sido el mejor de todos los juegos de zombie de culto, verlo tan desaprovechado por hacer las cosas a medias y muy mal
  24. May 12, 2020
    Remake meia boca. Uma vergonha ao jogo original, e uma enorme regressão a qualidade que a Capcom vinha entregando em seus últimos jogos. Melhor rejogar a versão quadradona de RE3 do que dar qualquer tipo de apoio a um joguinho lixo igual RE3 remake
  25. Apr 9, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This remake of Resident Evil 3 left a lot to be desired, I played the game and played it twice already, it is fun, in my opinion it has good gameplay and the graphics are very good.
    But unfortunately I didn't like it, besides the parts that were removed, the game has script and logic problems that didn't exist in the original game.
    When I played Resident Evil 2 remake I was bothered by Mr X because he looked a lot like Nemesis in classic Resident Evil 3 so I figured CAPCOM would change Nemesis even more insane than it was, but it was very disappointing , he is only a "Stalker" only in one part of the game, in other points the chases are in cinematographic parts that it was very boring.
    These transformations were more or less and maybe they would not be bad if they only complemented the previous transformations, the fights with Nemesis in my opinion are also not very nice, they are very "cinematic" too and the animal does some things that I don't have no sense, he keeps showing himself with the firearm and the bazuka, doing poses I don’t know, I don’t know how to explain it well but I found it strange.
    The old game had different paths that we could follow showing different faces of the story which was really cool and had more than one ending, this is a point that I saw few people commenting on.
    Now, after actually playing the game, I still don’t agree with a score below and 6 or 7, but I completely understand who assigned low scores like that, the game is very inferior in script and plot in relation to the old game and this is one of the points where he could not go wrong at all. I know that many will not agree because the acting of the actors is magnificent you connect with the characters because they really burst into incredible acting, but it is still well below what it should be.
    It's a generally fun game, but it doesn't live up to the original work by any means.
  26. Jun 27, 2020
    Creo que Capcom venía haciendo las cosas muy bien últimamente, pero como en todo.
    Mantener ese ritmo era casi imposible....
    Con esta entrega se repitió un poco lo de 1999 cuando se estreno el original... Al ser un título lanzado a un año del anterior, no dio tiempo para más desarrollo resultando y sintiendo más como una expancion o DLC del 2 que en una nueva entrega. Es decir hay juegos
    Mantener ese ritmo era casi imposible....
    Con esta entrega se repitió un poco lo de 1999 cuando se estreno el original...
    Es decir hay juegos con DLC'S que duran incluso mas. Y vienen a precios reducidos Yo creo que el juego es muy bueno en si... Cumple en muchos apartados como en Gameplay, gráficos, soundtrack, etc. Solo que al reutilizar muchos assets del remake del 2, se entendería que facilitaría el tiempo de desarrollo y por tanto tener una mayor duración.
    Creo que vale la pena comprar si se disfruto del remake del 2 sin dudarlo, solo que a un precio mas adecuado. (Menos de 40 dolares)
  27. Apr 29, 2020
    o jogo tá uma merda,pior remake já feito na história dos vídeo games,nuna vi um remake retirar elementos do jogo antigo,simplesmente patético....
  28. May 19, 2020
    Crash grab game. This is not a remake. The original is way better than this. A linear game with no reason to replay since it is all the same.
  29. Apr 19, 2020
    Да,игра сделана отлично, смотрится очень годно,но сравнивая с оригиналом,с серией в общем,не дотягивает до высоко поставленной планки.....
  30. Apr 27, 2020
    absolute garbage, to short, best parts taken out, game made just to earn some money on name, thats it.. DONT BUY IT
  31. May 15, 2020
    Random Nemesis encounters?...... GONE
    Clocktower?...... GONE
    Wormfight?...... GONE Split Scenarios?...... GONE 5 out of the 8 unlockable outfits?...... GONE Mercs?...... GONE 1 of the 2 unlockable outfits being a scam...... PRESENT Ignoring the player base asking for all of these things to be included in dlc... PRESENT The corners they cut so they could sell a crappy multiplayer game none
    Random Nemesis encounters?...... GONE
    Clocktower?...... GONE
    Wormfight?...... GONE
    Split Scenarios?...... GONE
    5 out of the 8 unlockable outfits?...... GONE
    Mercs?...... GONE
    1 of the 2 unlockable outfits being a scam...... PRESENT

The corners they cut so they could sell a crappy multiplayer game none of us asked for is what’s going to keep me from buying the next RE title from Capcom until I see some serious improvement and video proof from youtubers post release that they’re off their EA/Bethesda style high horse. RE2 remake was such a gem....

What a 180 this cash grab was....
  32. May 22, 2020
    Rotting corpses, Mutated creatures, and large monsters chasing you is mainly what a resident evil game entails. This new installment has all these things but still falls short of being a great game, atg least on par with the rest of the series. Resident Evil 3 has a lot of small problems that add up to really bring it down for me.

This game takes the same basic plot as the original game

This game takes the same basic plot as the original game and tries to update to a more modern way of characterization in characters and plot instances, but I feel that the changes they made in the minor details really throws off the plot and how the player feels about them. Characters die in diffrent ways that somewhat makes the Nemesis of the game seem not as menacing because it shows him as incompetent and thus being not scary. Other things are character differences with the main cast. Jill Valentine comes of as rude and bratty in this one while in previous entries she is more wary then outright spiteful in her dialogue. Calos is a pretty good new interpretation of the character that feels like the original even though there is new attributes to his character. All the other characters didn’t really have a personality in the original so automatically they are a step up as you can now kinda get a sense of who they are with the little screen time they get. These are some of the more positive changes, but plot points and puzzles from the original are cut from this entry, so it makes the game feel like a fast pace and seem like a short game. They really should have kept these things from the original to make the game feel longer and even out the pace to amore reasonable way. It also really irks me since these were the things from the original game I was looking forward to. Overall, due to a plot that cuts things that would lengthen the game, weird fast pace I didn't really enjoy, and the main character being really unlikable to me, this game was really only an okay experience.
  33. May 29, 2020
    Muy descepcionante, esperaba más de este juego, pero pareciera que les urgía más que saliera a la venta rápido a que estuviera bien, no siento que valga la pena comprarlo al precio de preventa, mejor esperar a que esté en oferta
  34. Jun 27, 2020
    Just too short !! Nobody asked for the multiplayer mode . They should make another resident evil 3 Remake Remake !!
  35. Jun 22, 2020
    very good survival horror game! not as good as the original but still better than most walking simulators these days
  36. Jun 24, 2020
    Apesar de terem retirado algumas partes que no do PS1 eu gostava, ainda sim gostei! Primeiro jogo que consigo platinar no Ps4!
  37. Jun 25, 2020
    I love resident Evil 3, good story but it is way too short and its missing a lot content from the original.
  38. Apr 3, 2020
    I'm giving this game a 5 because it's only 5 hours long. And believe me I searched every corner and turned every red room to blue.
  39. Apr 11, 2020
    Far, FAAAR to short for the price and even at a $30 dollar price point it would leave a sour taste in your mouth. The game feels uninspired and like a quickly cobbled together dlc for Res 2 remake. Quite a shame. Fun in parts, but overall
  40. Apr 12, 2020
    Все порезали укоротили
    Ьиспогсаншоавкгщщ лраешгчвншш опаанлрвколраег осанглмпр
  41. Apr 10, 2020
    Beautiful game and super fun, but the price on this is disgustingly bad. It is so bad I had to make an account just to express how badly they messed this up. I get that the older resident evils are shorter games, and meant to be repeated on more and more challenging levels. Problem is the game is crazy easy, (Markiplier beat the nemesis phase 2 with a knife FFS). It has no branching paths.Beautiful game and super fun, but the price on this is disgustingly bad. It is so bad I had to make an account just to express how badly they messed this up. I get that the older resident evils are shorter games, and meant to be repeated on more and more challenging levels. Problem is the game is crazy easy, (Markiplier beat the nemesis phase 2 with a knife FFS). It has no branching paths. Hardly any monsters. just two variants of the hunters, zombies, white zombies, a couple dogs show up twice, and then the boss. Me and everyone praised Re Biohazard and Re2 remake. Lots of additional content added to re2 and it didn't cost so damn much. I hate to say it, but I will NOT be buying any future titles unless they have overwhelmingly positive reviews. I refuse to do it again. Expand
  42. Apr 4, 2020
    Resident Evil 3 has moments that shine. The main flaws of the game are its length and replayability factor. Definitely a step down from the Resident Evil 2 remake. It would be worth purchasing on sale, unless capcom decides to add dlc content to beef up the length.
  43. Apr 4, 2020
    Good gameplay and filled with intensity but it's really short and a lot of original content was cut. in conclusion, great game but not for 60$, maybe 40$ or 35$ sounds fair.
  44. Apr 4, 2020
    The game is short, JUST LIKE THE CLASSIC. At the middle until the end the game turned into a Resident Evil 6 in my opinion, I really didn't like the Nemesis transformations. No mercenaries mode, that's bad, the original one had it.
  45. Apr 8, 2020
    Not bad but an opportunity has been missed to increase the replayability. Having different choices in the original was analogous to RE2's scenario A & B, that is missing in the RE 3 remake. One could have expanded those choices into something completely new i.e. having even a third option on a third playthrough, go crazy with an alternative "what if scenario" (i.e. kill off the mainNot bad but an opportunity has been missed to increase the replayability. Having different choices in the original was analogous to RE2's scenario A & B, that is missing in the RE 3 remake. One could have expanded those choices into something completely new i.e. having even a third option on a third playthrough, go crazy with an alternative "what if scenario" (i.e. kill off the main characters and play with side characters). Also nemesis is a bit too clunky and slow in comparison and feels too similar to Mr. X from RE2. Expand
  46. Apr 8, 2020
    i m REALLY big fun of RE3
    But unfortunately i can t recommend this game.Don t get it wrong RE3 Remake is good game,but not a RE game
    There are to many disapoitments.You really shouldn`t have cut out everythink.I steal can understand why you have done that Now everyone saying that RE3 remake is a DLC for second one or RE2Remake is bigger and dipper that is true.But this shouldve
    i m REALLY big fun of RE3
    that is true.But this shouldve happen.Sorry for saying that bur CAPCOM you ruined the game.
  47. Apr 13, 2020
    With this remake, Capcom destroyed my childhood memories!
    The more I played, the more frustrated I became.
    This game is not worth $ 60.
  48. Apr 13, 2020
    Chega de reimaginação , faça REMAKE como RESIDENT EVIL 1 GAMECUBE , e veja o SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS PS4 esse sim é REMAKE de VERDADE .A CAPCOM usa o nome só pra vender. Ta na de fazer REBOOT ou contratar o SHINJI MIKAMI e por verdadeiros profissionais do original na época.Pra mim foi CTRL+C e CTRL+V de zumbis e a RPD e Brad sendo atacado pelo zumbi e fala . história e acontecimentosChega de reimaginação , faça REMAKE como RESIDENT EVIL 1 GAMECUBE , e veja o SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS PS4 esse sim é REMAKE de VERDADE .A CAPCOM usa o nome só pra vender. Ta na de fazer REBOOT ou contratar o SHINJI MIKAMI e por verdadeiros profissionais do original na época.Pra mim foi CTRL+C e CTRL+V de zumbis e a RPD e Brad sendo atacado pelo zumbi e fala . história e acontecimentos diferentes do original, e NEMESIS SCRIPTADO e cagaram com o visual e de todos personagens , muitas coisas cortadas e vendendo a PREÇO CHEIO. O nome RESIDENT EVIL só ganhou força na mão de SHINJI MIKAMI , aliás RESIDENT EVIL 1 e RESIDENT EVIL 0 só não vendeu bem por muitos não ter GAMECUBE se fosse no PlayStation 2 seria sucesso. CAPCOM faça REMAKE de qualidade ouve seus fã antigos que viu a franquia crescer. O ORIGINAL é MUITO SUPERIOR a esse. Expand
  49. Apr 7, 2020
    Game is too short. Already tried to drag it out and turn every red rooms into blue, still got 6-7 max hours. This is unacceptable !! Why do you have to bring RE6 action movie feature in the game?? It is utterly useless and boring ! I hate it ! I really hate it !! Please do not remake any more games because you have just killed my favorite one. Focus SINGLE PLAYER, NO ONE WANTS MULTIPLAYERGame is too short. Already tried to drag it out and turn every red rooms into blue, still got 6-7 max hours. This is unacceptable !! Why do you have to bring RE6 action movie feature in the game?? It is utterly useless and boring ! I hate it ! I really hate it !! Please do not remake any more games because you have just killed my favorite one. Focus SINGLE PLAYER, NO ONE WANTS MULTIPLAYER !! Don't BE SORRY, BE BETTER NEXT TIME CAPCOM! Expand
  50. Apr 6, 2020
    This game has good content and some great moments, but unfortunately the negatives and shady business practices far outweigh them.

First we have the censorship. They censored Jill's outfit and personality, the gore and violence (no dismemberment, no decapitation...), even a puzzle solution because the numbers were offensive to the Chinese! On this alone I would give the game the lowest score.

But then we also have the cut content (locations, enemies, mechanics, gamemodes...), abusive price tag, tons of reused assets, lack of replayability, forced multiplayer game, etc.

Capcom Ethics Department wins again, and they are more concerned with not offending a minority of SJW who won't even buy the game instead of respecting their fans. Let them know that is unacceptable.
  51. Apr 9, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. -This title is basically Gears of Wars 3 all over again, with action, shooting and bullets to the extreme.. regardless of the level of difficulty!
    -The higher levels of difficulty are not selectable from the start, which obviously means.. that one's first gameplay in it will not be ideal regarding the possibility of a TRUE CHALLENGE in the SURVIVAL HORROR genre, because one has already finished the game to access them.
    -Lots of scripted scenes.. that makes it look more like a Cheesy-Action-Movie than a SURVIVAL HORROR game.
    -Its characters look as if they are bathed in oil, but in the case of the feminist Jill.. it is oil and mud.
    -Nemesis' appearance is ridiculous, having a nose, being wrapped in trash bags, and it even transform itself into a Licker, which is quite similar to the one in the RE1 movie of the Milla.
    -Jill's feminist appearance makes her quite similar to Milla Jovovich.
    -Carlos is basically a Chirs 2.0, and he can even kill B.O.W.s by just punching them, which is ABSURD!
    -It has PLOT HOLES regarding the main continuity of the RE saga, such as Brad Vickers zombie biting Marvin Branagh, when in the "RE: Outbreak File 2", Marvin already appears injured at the end of the scenario "Desperate Times", which causes that such scripted scene in this RE3: Reimagined to doesn't make any fvcking sense whatsoever!
  52. Apr 8, 2020
    Não usem uma franquia para ganhar dinheiro somente. Nós fãs pedimos Remake, não reimaginação. Quer fazer uma nova história com os personagem icônicos, então faça um jogo novo com eles. Minha nota é como protesto para não acontecer com os futuros Remakes. O que vão fazer com o Code Verônica? Tirar a parte do Cris?
  53. Apr 8, 2020
    Capcom complete destroy everything in this game.
    Jill looks like a feminist. She says more dirty words than anything. Dumb jokes to mans...
    Sencorship in her classic outfit. Now lets look to contents. Devs cut 80% of the old area. Like clock tower, dead factory... Sounds low the quality compare to resident evil 2 remake. Zombies are the same. Iconic moments like Nemesis kill Brad... forget
    Capcom complete destroy everything in this game.
    Sencorship in her classic outfit.
    Sounds low the quality compare to resident evil 2 remake. Zombies are the same.
    Iconic moments like Nemesis kill Brad... forget about it.
    Nemesis jumb the Windows? Forget about it....
  54. Apr 9, 2020
    Scripted
    Running simulator
    Cloned zombies
    Dead bodies disappearing

This game looks like a mediocre DLC from RE2.
    An offense to RE3 fans!
  55. Apr 6, 2020
    An average shooter, a terrible Resi evil game and an absolute rip off for a 4-6 hours game.
  56. Apr 6, 2020
    This is not a game. It is a shame. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis was my favorite game in the franchise. And now we get this... Capcom, why? DMC 5 was bad, but this is a vomit threw on the heads of your fans. Didn’t RE6 teach you anything? Awful survival horror game, mediocre shooter. What the F is this game? Whoever made this fan fiction shorty experience should be fired. I won’t buy anyThis is not a game. It is a shame. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis was my favorite game in the franchise. And now we get this... Capcom, why? DMC 5 was bad, but this is a vomit threw on the heads of your fans. Didn’t RE6 teach you anything? Awful survival horror game, mediocre shooter. What the F is this game? Whoever made this fan fiction shorty experience should be fired. I won’t buy any capcom game anymore, I’m sure you will f. up RE8 too. Goodbye CAPCOM. You were cool once. Expand
  57. Apr 4, 2020
    Its not a remake, its not even the same game, they cut everything that made this a great game. There is no clock tower, cemitery, garden, enemies..nothing is there. Dont buy this game
  58. Apr 4, 2020
    This game is a sloppy rushed mess.

It is painfully obvious that they rushed this to try and capitalize on the success of RE:2.

If they remake RE4 I can only pray they do not ruin it like they did here.
  59. Apr 4, 2020
    Downgrade
    Scripted
    Cloned zombies
    Nemesis ruined

This game looks like a mediocre DLC from RE2.
    An offense to RE3 fans! R.I.P CLOCK TOWER
  60. Apr 4, 2020
    Easy money company feels like its just focusing on remakes which will ruin even our love for the classics like some of us are hatin on this game, lacks of creativty, too expensive for such an aberage and small content
  61. Apr 4, 2020
    i would call this a soulless remake but it’s not even that, it’s something that just happens to share the same title as 1999’s Resident Evil 3. this game is just profanity-laden edgy action sequences with almost no respect given to the source material and its so short it could have easily just been DLC for the RE2 Remake (which was also soulless, but at least it was actually a remake).
  62. Apr 8, 2020
    The game has no puzzles! No memorial places like Clock Tower, Park and Cemetery and... !
    The items that you take whole the game is very few! Maybe just two keys,a fire hose, three gems and ... !
    The Nemesis is not scary as the original version! There are No Crows, no Spiders, no giant Worm in the game! There are a lot of Save Rooms in same shape. And really too short game just like a small
    The Nemesis is not scary as the original version!
    There are No Crows, no Spiders, no giant Worm in the game!
    There are a lot of Save Rooms in same shape.
    And really too short game just like a small DLC.even there is no new game+ in the end !
  63. Apr 8, 2020
    Let's do it quick:
    - 4 hours length ( less if you take out Cutscene)
    - Cut content ( events, puzzles, clock tower, alternative E)
    - Censorship ( Original Costume)
    - Toxic personality and annoying screaming 24/7
    - Horrible new desing Aim to 1% of the gaming base
    - Mannish looking Protagonist
    - Weak and predictable Nemesis
    - body dismembered Downgrade

Do not support this game
  64. Apr 4, 2020
    It not bad at all but its super short and capcom cur soooo many iconic locations like the park , clocktower , grave digger , and etc and the game is only 4 hours long also THERE ARE NO PUZZLES IN THE UNLIKE THE ORIGINAL
  65. Apr 5, 2020
    Truly disappointing alot of cut content and nemesis is barely in the game hope they will fix this
  66. Apr 12, 2020
    This game should have another name and not Resident Evil 3. They changed almost the whole plot of the original game.
  67. Apr 7, 2020
    I can't believe they turned a stealth-based, pulse pounding, zombie survival game into a five hour an action based dumpster fire. I want my money back Crapcom!
  68. Apr 11, 2020
    This is an unfinished game. Do not pay half of what they are charging you for this game because you will regret it. I paid full price for this game and beat it while messing around in 5 hours. Nemesis feels like a prototype of Mr X from remake 2. He is buggy and will freeze in place staring at you if you enter the toy store. The door will be wide open and Nemesis sticks in place staring atThis is an unfinished game. Do not pay half of what they are charging you for this game because you will regret it. I paid full price for this game and beat it while messing around in 5 hours. Nemesis feels like a prototype of Mr X from remake 2. He is buggy and will freeze in place staring at you if you enter the toy store. The door will be wide open and Nemesis sticks in place staring at you. They ought to have called it Resi3 Arcade because this is more of a theme park ride than an actual game. I trusted Capcom on the strength of Remake2 but after this? Never again. All mitigating factors are made irrelevant by the fact that theyve packaged this with an online multiplayer game WITH paid gambling mechanics and dlc. In no other industry is this remotely acceptable. I would urge people not to make the same mistake i did. Current global situation aside i wouldve returned this. A case of one step forward and 5 back for Capcom. Expand
  69. Apr 4, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Too short, and no puzzles. Plus Nemesis is really easy to handle. And its absent many things from the original Expand
  70. Apr 13, 2020
    Too many cut content of the game compared to the original...Gore has been toned down, nemesis only chases you through scripted scenes.

Capcom I beg of you, don’t outsource your games to M-Two If they’re just gonna cut corners.
  71. Apr 3, 2020
    These guys should be ashamed to release this half assed delivered garbage. I mean, isn’t it obvious that what made RE 2 remake a huge success was the entire nostalgia that the OG RE2 offered??? So why DELETE that from this one???!!

Instead you offer this online crap I am so tired of online gaming ruining EVERYTHING. You would think Capcom would be different with nostalgia games
  72. Apr 3, 2020
    Game reminds me nothing of the original!!! All they did was take the Jill & Nemesis name, redesign them and threw them on the screen and said RE3. There’s no iconic moments from the original. Jill in this game is a completely different **** character. Nothing similar to the Jill we grew up with from the gamecube remake/re5/revelation/Umbrella Chronicle games. I beat the game under 4 hoursGame reminds me nothing of the original!!! All they did was take the Jill & Nemesis name, redesign them and threw them on the screen and said RE3. There’s no iconic moments from the original. Jill in this game is a completely different **** character. Nothing similar to the Jill we grew up with from the gamecube remake/re5/revelation/Umbrella Chronicle games. I beat the game under 4 hours on a blind playthrough. Not worth $60, wait till it’s under $30. Way too short with no replayability. This is not how you do a remake/reimagining, RE2 remake was a much more crafted game than this . Expand
  73. Apr 3, 2020
    This game doesn’t feel like RE, it’s like a Uncharted rip-off. This game is very short because scenes were missing, Nemesis is barely in the game, enemies are sponges and the boss fights are way too easy.
    M-two ruined it!!! Capcom showed how a remastered is well executed with RE2 but this game sucks! Recommendation: Play the original RE3, which is better.

M-Two sucks!
  74. Apr 4, 2020
    Слишком много вырезали, половина бестиария исчезла, сама по себе игра норм но как ремейк-полный отстой. Немезис больше не лицо этой игры-а тонны хейта, игру вообще не старались делать совместимой с лором второго ремейка
  75. Apr 4, 2020
    Very short, Cut iconic content. Feels like a glorified dlc at the most. Would wait till it's on sale for 30$
  76. Apr 8, 2020
    WTF Capcom??? After the excellence Re1 remake and the notorious Re2 last year they made this... Dlc??
    Where is the Clock Tower? Where is the park, spiders, worms, crows??? .... And WHERE is the legendary Grave Digger???? There is only TWO new enemies in this title, everything is a salvage copy and paste from Re2... Yes its good, for a DLC, a golden wasted opportunity, going bad Capcom... Again
  77. Apr 8, 2020
    The game does not live up to its expectations. It feels like the developer did not deal with all these years of the game, and made up their assets of the last part. Meanwhile, trying to raise the online mode. As a result, the online mode came out cheap, both from the visual side and from the game, a lot of bugs, very little content. The same thing happened with the main company, there isThe game does not live up to its expectations. It feels like the developer did not deal with all these years of the game, and made up their assets of the last part. Meanwhile, trying to raise the online mode. As a result, the online mode came out cheap, both from the visual side and from the game, a lot of bugs, very little content. The same thing happened with the main company, there is half of the weapons from the original, most of the cut scenes, the plot is simple and straight without forks, no extra modes, balance high complexity is terrible, he's just excessively raises the strength of enemies, their HP and increases the speed several times, making animations ridiculous and crippled. The game is not just not worth the money, it also defames the name of the original. Expand
  78. Apr 8, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Este juego es una completa decepción, tanto tiempo esperado para sentir que arruinaron completamente mi juego favorito de la saga. Este juego parece mas un Resident Evil 6 que cualquier otra cosa.

Entre las cosas que lo arruinaron se encuentra:

* El cambio TOTAL de los escenarios. En RE2 mejoraron los escenarios para que tuvieran mas sentido, aqui simplemente los olvidaron.

* El diseño de Nemesis es de lo peor, reamente llegue a aceptar la horrible nariz que tenia, pero cuando vi las siguientes transformaciones simplemente senti decepción de ver como lo convirtieron en un licker gigante.

* El traje "clasico" de Jill arruinado, utilizando un short en vez de una falda como la original. Un juego politicamente correcto. Simplemente horrible.

* Brad Vickers de adorno nada mas, jamas se ve su muerte.

* Nemesis NO TE PERSIGUE, solo sale en partes especificas.

* No se si soy yo o no, pero se ve menos realista los detalles de muerte de los zombies que en el RE2.

CAPCOM sino vas a hacer algo bien, por favor mejor no lo hagas.
  79. Apr 10, 2020
    The good stuff: Graphics and Carlos. And that's about it.
    The bad stuff: everything else.
    I can't believe Capcom managed the screw up this Remake. All they had to do was doing the same thing the original does, but with modern graphics and gameplay. Yet, there's a ton of missing content (areas, dialogue), even a child can solve its puzzles, Nemesis managed to be less frightening than Mr.
    The good stuff: Graphics and Carlos. And that's about it.
    The bad stuff: everything else.
    Yet, there's a ton of missing content (areas, dialogue), even a child can solve its puzzles, Nemesis managed to be less frightening than Mr. X and Willian Birkin from RE2 Remake, Jill is masculinized compared to the original, and even if you play with the classic outfit, it is censored. And it's not just her appearance, her behavior is also gross. They turned her into some dirty mouthed feminist. They also toned down the gore compared to RE2 for some reason that is beyond me.
    Not to mention the game is absurdly short, and there's little to no incentive to play it again.
    One could argue that the original RE3 was also short, but so was the original RE2 too. But Capcom expanded the RE2 Remake and made it into a 15 to 20 hour game, which was a really great decision, while they didn't do the same with RE3, a game that you can beat in 5 hours in your playthgrough. It's simply absurd.

Anyone endorsing this game has mediocre standards, to say the least.
  80. Apr 11, 2020
    This game is a downgrade in every respect, be it compared to the original RE3 or the RE2 Remake.
    I cannot stress enough my disappointment.
    I cannot stress enough my disappointment.
    Aside from the cut content, the downgraded gore, the changes to memorable moments (like Brad's death) that led to the trivialization of characters, and Nemesis being a skrited joke for the most part, what most people are failing to mention is Jill's downgrade. She is not the Jill we know, be it for her appearance or personality, and she is not better for it. Quite the contrary.
    This game has some qualities, but it is so overshadowed by its flaws that the qualities end up feeling irrelevant as you see the credits roll, that's why I will give it a zero.
  81. Apr 13, 2020
    Resident evil 3 was my favorite game on PS1 and capcom managed to destroy it in that remake. Nemesis became a dog in the middle of the game! extremely short and linear game, they cut the main parts of the game out for only laziness and the new parts do not justify the full price you pay! the game had a lot of potential, but for me it was the biggest disappointment of all!
  82. Apr 4, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Es una interesante expansión del resident evil 2 remake, una persona que no halla jugado los originales va a encontrar un buen juego pero de ningún modo vale 60usd, por 30usd o menos está bien, no esperen survivor es frenético y pura acción lo que lo hace entretenido. Ahora sí como fanático de más de 15 años de la serie siento que esté juego es un insulto, omitieron escenarios importantes, némesis paso de ser una bow inteligente e imbatible a un animal poco inteligente, lo de Brad muriendo solo dejo más inútil a némesis ya que ni logra eliminar a un STARS y podria seguir todo el dia, El juego original tenía un potencial inmenso para que se desperdicie así. El puntaje se lo doy porque si es entretenido, los gráficos son alucinantes, la mezcla de los ost originales con los nuevos son muy buenos, la verdad me siento estafado por el poco contenido y por como arruinaron la historia origina. PD: ame al re3 remake y sabía que esto iba a ser una reimaginacion por lo que esperaba cambios pero casi todos los cambios fueron para peor. Expand
  83. Apr 12, 2020
    (SPOILER WARNING)

(SPOILER WARNING)

Hot damn, after the awesome ride that was RE2 Remake, this game is a disappointment in almost every way. It's not very surprising to me considering this game came out only a year after RE2R. These guys actually had the balls to bundle a Multiplayer RE game that no one asked for (complete with loot boxes and purchasable currency) alongside a botched version of one of the greatest survival horror games ever made. That is just criminal and is an insult to the people who grew up with this game. As if Resistance is supposed to justify the $60 price tag for the lack of content that's in Resident Evil 3 (you can beat the game in 4-5 hours for god sake). Let me just go down the list of just how much is missing from RE3 and it's quite shocking.

- No Mercenaries

- No explorable Clock Tower (you only see it during a fight against Nemesis)

- No City Park

-No scene where Brad gets mutilated by Nemesis (in fact you don't visit the R.P.D. as all as Jill)

- No Gas Station segment (you only see it for like 10 seconds)

- No Pharmacy (when you meet Nicolai for the first time)

- No Cemetery

- Nemesis missing one of his transformations

- Nemesis only appearing during scripted moments instead of randomly like in the original, and he goes away once you reach a specific area, which means that when he does appear it's just as terrifying as it should be

- Missing weapons like the Mine Launcher, 4 shot Rocket Launcher, the M37 Lever Action Rifle, and the Gatling Gun. You can customize the pistol and shotgun with attachments to give them better performance but they don't turn into new guns from getting parts by knocking out Nemesis like in the original. In fact you don't get any special items like the First Aid Box.

- No critical choice picking (scripted moments where you have to make a quick decision that can alter cutscenes and the ending which increases replay value)

- Only ONE ending (Jill and Carlos escaping on the helicopter)

- No spiders, crows, bloodsucking worms

- No Grave Digger boss fight

- Lack of interesting puzzles

- No Nicolai Helicopter fight

- Lack of RNG (enemies and items that appear in areas in the original game differ between playthroughs, but in the remake, everything now is scripted, and it's the same enemies and items in the same placements every time, which hurts replay value)

- Also this might be a nitpick to some but I just hate the sound design of the weapons. Listen to the sound effects in the original, they're amazing even by today's standards, but now in the remake every gun sound like airsoft guns

There might be other issues that I missed so if I did I apologize in advance.

There are some good things though

+ Carlos has a bigger role this time around which is great
    + Nemesis looks and sounds incredible
    + Final boss fight was awesome
    + It looks pretty

But, that's all I can really say about it. Seriously, I don't understand what they were thinking when they released this. All they had to do was take the original PS1 game that we all know and love, and give it a modern look, while also expanding on certain elements like in RE2R. And after making constant comparisons between this and the original, this just feels like a lazy cash crab, probably why they released it so early in this state so now Capcom is probably gonna fix it with DLC like what Square did with Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3.
    Why play this for $60 when you can just grab your dusty PS3 and download the original game for 5 bucks? The remake is worth $20 at best. I was really gitty for the first 1-2 hours, but by the end I felt quite frustrated. This is my 2nd favorite RE game in the franchise, and this is how they pay homage to the fans? What the actual **** Capcom.
  84. Apr 8, 2020
    Although I loved last year's "Resident Evil 2" remake, my expectations for the new “Resident Evil 3” remake were reasonably restrained. I simply didn’t hear as much praise for the original “Resident Evil 3” as much as I heard about the original “Resident Evil 2” time and time again. The potential to surprise me further was certainly here, with promises from Capcom saying that the primaryAlthough I loved last year's "Resident Evil 2" remake, my expectations for the new “Resident Evil 3” remake were reasonably restrained. I simply didn’t hear as much praise for the original “Resident Evil 3” as much as I heard about the original “Resident Evil 2” time and time again. The potential to surprise me further was certainly here, with promises from Capcom saying that the primary antagonist Nemesis is significantly more threatening than Mr. X for “Resident Evil 2”. Either way, I was certainly down with checking this game out after being so impressed by last year’s “Resident Evil 2” remake.

And for the most part, “Resident Evil 3” takes what made the previous game so successful and basically carries it over to this game. The game’s story serves as both a prequel and a sequel to the previous entry with much more of the city to explore this go around. Jill proves to be a cool and competent protagonist. Carlos is a worthy supporting player.

The cutscenes, acting and storytelling are all well done. This game retains the strong visual presentation that we saw in “Resident Evil 2”. Great facial animations, detailed textures, and some killer gore and carnage can be found here. The gameplay itself is still finely tuned and all fun to play in the moment, retaining most of what made the previous game click on various levels. Unfortunately, for my two cents at least, “Resident Evil 3” falls way short of earning its full $60 price tag in its current release state.

I’ll admit when I first purchased “Resident Evil 2” last year that its initial $60 asking price seemed pretty steep for a remake of a 20-year-old game. But that game clearly proved that it had the high value to back up its price tag. Through two different campaigns and a new game plus mode for each campaign you start off with and the different experiences you have each time you playthrough a different campaign, you had a high replay value through that aspect alone. But it didn’t stop there.

It had many challenging puzzles that required you to investigate the items and documents in your possession for clues to solve them. You had to deal with scarcity for resources and ammo. You had to plan your navigation around the police station accordingly, in case Mr. X was stalking you and not being tricked by where you were going. Even on the easiest difficulty, there was a respectable degree of knowledge and skill involved on the part of the player to navigate the game successfully.

“Resident Evil 3” surprisingly retains around only half of that gameplay value from the previous entry. And if the game itself were priced around maybe $30 or it was paid or free DLC to add onto “Resident Evil 2”, then that would make more sense. Sadly though, the biggest weakness with “Resident Evil 3” that cannot be ignored is its very short campaign length. Under the easy difficulty setting I played, I kid you not when I say that I literally beat the game over the duration of this past weekend.

Not counting the time when my game was paused, the time I ended up completing the entire campaign was roughly 6 to 8 hours. If you were to play on this game’s equivalent of the normal or hard difficulty settings to further extend the length of your playthrough, I suppose that would help. But I personally don’t know how much that will matter if the boss sections or quick time events with Nemesis or the generous loot/supply drops stay the same.

Many folks seem to agree (and I’m with them as well) that the game starts off promisingly on the right foot with a reasonable tension and terror from Nemesis, and the resource scarcity you would expect from a survival-horror franchise such as “Resident Evil”. Then for whatever reason, you quickly realize how overpowered you can become, which in turn defeats the purpose of this being a survival-horror game. Although there are a few puzzles, there desperately needed to be more in this campaign.

They would at least extend the length of the campaign’s progression and add more value to justify the price tag. For the record, I did have to pay only $50 for this game because of my Amazon Prime membership, and even then, “Resident Evil 3” needed more meat in its campaign mode. Other remakes or remasters like the recent “Spyro: Reignited Trilogy” or “Shadow of the Colossus” for the PS4 were sold for less during their initial release, $40 at most.

Said remasters had just as much if not more content ready at release to justify their prices. And although “Resident Evil 3” has multiplayer options, the multiplayer is only available online. As it is on its own terms, “Resident Evil 3” is a decent game. It’s great in the moment to play until it’s all over. I’ll admit that the more I thought about it and read some reviews from other critics and audiences, the more I realize that Capcom had sort of a missed opportunity on their hands.
  85. Apr 5, 2020
    Only half of the original game, so it's already can't be higher than 5. Desappointing Nemesis encounters - 1. No story choices which was in original game -1. Ugly Jill and f ed up Carlos -1. censored "classic" Jill's outfit -1.
  86. Apr 4, 2020
    Resident Evil 3 Remake is a good game. But it is INCOMPLETE.

CAPCOM took advantage of the MARKETING of Resident Evil 2 Remake to sell the RE3.

Be ashamed, CAPCOM.

Adding DLCS is MANDATORY.
  87. Apr 5, 2020
    What the fans were expecting was a vast open city, filled with traps, zombies, and puzzles, making you feel disorientated and overwhelmed, especially with NEMESIS chasing you throughout the streets of Racoon City.

What we got was a small, compact, and linear DLC to RE2 REMAKE, with the NEMESIS being reduced to a cheap jump scare that only appears at preprogrammed stages of the game. The boss battles were very poor, and this was due to poor design, and always have an abundance of ammunition and health items.

A massive step back in the RE franchise, and a missed opportunity.

Wait until its half price or less.

GameZach
  88. Apr 7, 2020
    This game took 6 hours to beat, W T F? That's $10 an hour? The boss fights were also just awful. Poor game design, too little content.
  89. Apr 7, 2020
    Modo Campanha: Resident Evil 3 2020, tinha tudo pra ser um jogo épico como foi seu antecessor original de 1999 mas infelizmente fracassou o jogo é uma "reimaginação" que está mais pra uma dlc do Resident Evil 2 Remake, o jogo teve áreas clássicas cortadas, inimigos cortados e puzzles removido e o vilão mais amado e idolatrado totalmente descaracterizado. Em muitas cutscene totalmenteModo Campanha: Resident Evil 3 2020, tinha tudo pra ser um jogo épico como foi seu antecessor original de 1999 mas infelizmente fracassou o jogo é uma "reimaginação" que está mais pra uma dlc do Resident Evil 2 Remake, o jogo teve áreas clássicas cortadas, inimigos cortados e puzzles removido e o vilão mais amado e idolatrado totalmente descaracterizado. Em muitas cutscene totalmente Nemesis poderia ter matado a Jill facilmente mas em prefere soltar ela que já estava indefesa em suas mãos pra poder deixa-la fujir ou nocauteá-lo e isso ocorre não uma, não duas mas sim em várias ocasiões. Preço cheio pra 5~6 horas de Jogo que não vale a pena ser gasto em lançamento.

Modo Multiplayer: Resident Evil Resistance é um jogo 4x1 totalmente desbalanceado para ambos os lados seja os que jogam de vilão quando os que jogam de sobrevivente, do lado dos sobreviventes é quase impossível ganhar sem ter uma estratégia bem formada, sendo assim o Mastermind só perde a partida se ele for muito, mais muito ruim. O modo de partida apresentam 6 sobreviventes com habilidades únicas e 3 tipos de vilões oque é um ponto positivo mas é possivelmente o único ponto positivo, a jogabilidade e "diversão" pode ser facilmente destruída pois é o Mastermind que faz o papel de Host da partida e se a internet dele estiver ruim simplesmente acabou a partida e é ai que entra o lado ruim para o vilão como citei antes, pois demora muito tempo pra um vilão achar uma partida já que grande parte do pessoal quer ser o host e a fila de espera pode demorar em média de 3 a 10 minutos até achar uma partida de mastermind.

Finalizando minha analise Resident Evil 3: É um jogo com história que deixa a desejar mas que tem boa jogabilidade eu daria 7 pelo modo história, mas o multiplayer é ruim de doer até a alma e mereceu nota 2 fazendo uma media ficou nota 5 no total, para um jogo que tinha tudo pra ser uma obra prima como foi o jogo de 1999 mas acabou sendo um dos maiores flop da franquia e a minha grande dúvida é saber qual é pior Resident Evil 3 "Remake/Imagination/Reboot/qualquer coisa" ou o péssimo Resident Evil 6. Ah e mais uma coisa que deve ser deixado aqui, se continuar ruim o Resistence pode ter certeza que vai ser esquecido igual o Umbrela Corps em menos de 2 meses.
  90. Apr 11, 2020
    Я являюсь не побоюсь этого слова фанатом первых трёх частей этой серии , в своё время проходил проходил в захлеб на PS1 , И вот выходит Resident Evil 2 remake и он встал не самым лучшим ремэйком но достойным. Я ждал Resident Evil 3 remake до дрожи и думал что это будет манна небесная а получил ПОЛНУЮ ХАЛТУРУ .
    CAPCOM плюнула на всех фанатов и сверху наложили resistance
    CAPCOM плюнула на всех фанатов и сверху наложили resistance
  91. Apr 11, 2020
    Desenvolvido por pessoas que nunca jogaram resident evil na vida, falta de respeito com os fans, não vale os 249 que pagamos por esse jogo
  92. Apr 11, 2020
    sadly, capcom has made a big mistake on this remake(the original re3 is one of my favorite games of all time). they didn't respected the fans who asked for this remake. we don't wanna resident evil series returning to the action. please, keep in the survival horror experience. they have cut so many classic events and locations(why not clock tower?! why not classic brad's death scene?! whysadly, capcom has made a big mistake on this remake(the original re3 is one of my favorite games of all time). they didn't respected the fans who asked for this remake. we don't wanna resident evil series returning to the action. please, keep in the survival horror experience. they have cut so many classic events and locations(why not clock tower?! why not classic brad's death scene?! why not cemitery?!). please dont give positive reviews on this game, so capcom can see the correct way the series must go on. i learned english with joel santana Expand
  93. Apr 15, 2020
    The original Resident Evil 3: Nemesis did not feel like a Resident Evil game. It was an action oriented experience which many fans disliked at the time. This remake was a chance to strike a tonal balance between the series' identity as Survival-horror and the Action-oriented nature of the original game. Unfortunately this remake failed and the result is a poorly paced, tonally inconsistentThe original Resident Evil 3: Nemesis did not feel like a Resident Evil game. It was an action oriented experience which many fans disliked at the time. This remake was a chance to strike a tonal balance between the series' identity as Survival-horror and the Action-oriented nature of the original game. Unfortunately this remake failed and the result is a poorly paced, tonally inconsistent entry to the series which will fall short of the majority of consumers expectations. In the opening hours it becomes clear that Resident Evil 3 remake lacks the significant maze-like level design that made the previous two entries to the series; Resident Evil 7 (RE7) and last years remake; Resident Evil 2 (RE2R), such a joy to explore. Instead players will here find a title which quickly becomes a linear experience ridden with set pieces with no need for the player to consider planning a route. Expectations regarding this title's main antagonist, Nemesis, were understandably high after experiencing the harrowing encounters with the villains Jack Baker and Mr X in previous games. Unfortunately the emergent gameplay many were hoping for is mostly absent from this title. Nemesis is largely relegated to highly scripted sequences and the generic boss fights reminiscent of weaker Resident Evil titles. There's a reason why this remake isn't given the full title of it's source material. Many fans deciding whether or not to pick up this remake will be anxious to know whether their favourite parts of the original game made the cut. Well, unlike last years remake, this title fails to take the majority of it's source material and reproduce it in a faithful fashion. Large sections of the original game, enemies and a boss fight have been cut from this remake. This could be forgiven were it not for the game's pitiful runtime. Last year's remake managed to take it's original's run time and significantly increase it to meet modern expectations without it ever feeling padded. Most players got at least 13 hours out of RE2R without having to consider starting a true second playthrough. People's expectations were therefore high for this game and, when combined with the 60 dollar price tag, are justified in expecting a campaign comparable to the likes of RE2R. Unfortunately this remake fails to significantly extend it's campaign beyond the length of the original to something modern audiences have come to expect. At just 7 hours for an initial playthrough this title really stretches our ideas about the subjective value one can put on a game.

This is perhaps why Capcom have bundled this title with a buggy, unbalanced multiplayer mode in the form of Resident Evil: Resistance. It is important to note that extra modes seen in previous Resident Evil titles have never before had to justify the lack of content in their single player modes, the latter of which being the main reason most people buy these games. Had it been given another year of development this title could have been the remake everyone was expecting. Unfortunately, despite glossy visuals the game manages to be underwhelming in terms of level design, Nemesis encounters, faithfulness to the original, campaign duration and value for money. Consumers should wait for a sale when considering purchasing this game which should really have been sold as 30 dollar DLC for last year's excellent RE2R.
  94. Apr 15, 2020
    You keep facing the same zombies from re2 remake.
    they can't even make new zombie models? seriously?
    at some point it feels like you're playing resident evil 6...
    **** YOU CAPCOM.
  95. Apr 4, 2020
    This review is from someone who pre-ordered the original RE3 back in 1999 and played it to death. It's hard to call Resident Evil 3 a remake, there's so much missing content it's more of a reimagining than a remake. Overall the game feels unfinished if you've played the original 1999 release of Resident Evil 3. Capcom set the standard for what a remake should be with the Resident EvilThis review is from someone who pre-ordered the original RE3 back in 1999 and played it to death. It's hard to call Resident Evil 3 a remake, there's so much missing content it's more of a reimagining than a remake. Overall the game feels unfinished if you've played the original 1999 release of Resident Evil 3. Capcom set the standard for what a remake should be with the Resident Evil Remake release on GameCube back in 2002. A remake is supposed to recreate the original game and EXPAND on the story arcs and lore. Not remove it entirely! What's missing:

-No live selection system (which KILLS replayability). This was a huge feature of RE3 where you made your own choices throughout the game. Kind of like pick a path.
    -No clock tower section.
    -No Raccoon Park section.
    -No cemetery section.
    -No gravedigger worm battle.
    -No dead factory section, so we have yet **another** secret underground umbrella lab. How trite.
    -Nemesis sections often feel more like I'm watching a movie than playing a game. The fabulous Mr. X stalking mechanics from Resident Evil 2 Remake are NOT implemented here with Nemesis.
    -No spiders.
    -No freeze rounds.
    -Greatly reduced puzzle sections.
    -*SPOILERS* No Barry flying the chopper in the end so it's like his character has been erased from the lore (speaking of the ending the nuclear bomb strike was completely watered down and utterly KILLED the emotional impact of seeing Raccoon City destroyed that the original game showcased. You were actually left feeling sad at the end of the original, but I just felt ripped off at the end of this so called "remake".

What they did actually include in the game I absolutely loved. The first hour of the game is fantastic although the mesmerizing FMV of the PlayStation original which showcases the zombies overrunning the city has been completely watered down and gives the zombie apocalypse far less impact. It has been replaced by a cheaply made and jarring live action movie using real actors. There's just too much ripped out of the original game for me to think this was a worthy effort. It feels like an extended DLC for RE2 Remake. Overall I'm disappointed at Capcom. The game feels like a rushed cash grab and is a heartbreaking missed opportunity to have created something really, really special with the new implementation of a live selection system especially.
  96. Apr 3, 2020
    Really short game, the development team cut the best parts of the original game.
    They say it's reimaginated, i say it's worse.
  97. Apr 4, 2020
    a disregard for the history of the game. This game is a cheap DLC, sold as an AAA game. Shame Capcom
  98. Apr 7, 2020
    Well, its the same as re2make but worse in pretty much all aspects.

In many way it felt like a rushed game, and more like a dlc of re2 rather than a 60 dollars game.

Not a single freaking puzzle in the whole game.
    Beating nemmy wasnt a challenge at all, Mr. X was way tougher to handle.
    Super Short.
    No replayability, no costumes, no rank S+, no mercenaries.
  99. Apr 4, 2020
    MGS V ground zeroes = this RE 3 rmk MGS V the phantom pain --> the real RE3 rmk
  100. Apr 11, 2020
    Game is meh , too much content was cut from original RE3. Huge regret buying this, had i know that a lot of content was going to be cut i would have not bought it.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 83 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 23, 2020
    Even though it is a very successful game, you will feel a little disappointed. Compared to the remake of the second game, this one often loses its pace and it is impossible to get rid of the impression that there could and should have been more to this game. [Issue#303]
  2. Edge Magazine
    May 21, 2020
    All we can say is that six hours of Resident Evil 3 is just enough - and we're aware that's both compliment and curse. [Issue#346, p.88]
  3. May 4, 2020
    After a stellar remake of an arguably the best Resident Evil game ever made, Capcom has let down our expectations by giving us a more scripted, more linear survival horror action game that will probably be forgotten like so many sequels that have gone the path of less resistance when it comes to game design. RE3 make feels more like a DLC than a full-blown game.