7.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Oct 19, 2015
    Overall, Revelations 2 is a step backwards in horror and story. It continues it's unnecessary "Previously on Revelations" prologues, forces you to switch characters during playthrough, excludes an online campaign which clearly could have been there, and just tries to become a Resident Evil 4 clone without quick time events and upgrading weapons. Level designs have also become linear.Overall, Revelations 2 is a step backwards in horror and story. It continues it's unnecessary "Previously on Revelations" prologues, forces you to switch characters during playthrough, excludes an online campaign which clearly could have been there, and just tries to become a Resident Evil 4 clone without quick time events and upgrading weapons. Level designs have also become linear.

However, it does have interesting characters. It has an improved dodge feature. The graphics look freaking amazing. The voice acting is superb. Combat in comparison to the first Revelations has improved despite melee attacks lacking variety. The weapons are fairly balanced even if Raid gives you too much magnum ammo. The greatest part is it's value -- only $25-$35 dollars for the full game depending on region, in comparison to Revelation's $60 value on PS3 at release. And Revelations 2 takes longer to complete!

Many things could be improved, but Revelations 2 is an accepted sequel to the series.
  2. Nov 4, 2016
    The Resident Evil series is going back to its horror roots for the next installment. I have been looking forward to its release personally and I am quite happy that it is heading into that bold new direction. I decided to play Resident Evil: Revelations 2 hearing that it was made by the same producer as the one who will making Resident Evil 7 coming out January 2017. I had a lot of funThe Resident Evil series is going back to its horror roots for the next installment. I have been looking forward to its release personally and I am quite happy that it is heading into that bold new direction. I decided to play Resident Evil: Revelations 2 hearing that it was made by the same producer as the one who will making Resident Evil 7 coming out January 2017. I had a lot of fun playing Resident Evil: Revelations 2 but I can’t help but notice that it appears to feel more like a transition piece for the series rather than a complete experience. I feel that since Resident Evil: Revelations 2 is a spinoff I will not judge it the same way as I would for a main installment.

Revelations 2 presentation is a mixed bag. The game's cutscenes and menus are visually beautiful and present quite well. Revelations 2 suffers from bad slow load times and lackluster graphics during gameplay. The engine Revelations 2 uses needs to be phased out. The engine is now beginning to show its age. The character models are less than satisfactory and have a cartoony anime look to them.The game's environments are also redundant and unoriginal. The game feels like you are playing the lab section at the end of every Resident Evil game the entire time. The environments also seem to repeat the same textures and props and the same red lightning. There are though rare moments when a varied environment which I enjoyed was introduced but they feel too short compared to the majority of the time spent in bland lab hallways. The game also suffers from blurry textures, graphical glitches and long load times. Enemies are also uninspired and unoriginal and are by far the most unoriginal monsters in the entire series. The game features the same humanoid generic zombie enemies, pyramid head( Silent Hill 2) knockoffs, dogs, regenerator(from RE4) ripoffs. I am happy to know that Capcom has decided to phase out the engine and replace it with the new RE engine for the upcoming Resident Evil 7 and it sure does look beautiful in a gruesome way of course!

Revelations 2 has experimented with an episodic television show format. I personally do not like this format because it takes away my immersion and pulls me out of the game. I hope that Capcom either drops this format or only uses it for the Revelation series of spinoffs.

I feel that Resident Evil: Revelations 2 has more atmosphere than the recent more action heavy installments but is still lacking in the games dull environments and uninspired enemies.

Gameplay wise Resident Evil: Revelations 2 has a lot to bring to the table. The gameplay feels much more like a survival horror game compared to the recent action focused entries. The game now features real time inventory management which helps add to the game’s tension. The game also features co-op which has featured in the past two main installments. I like that each character has their own special abilities that help change up the gameplay. Each of the game’s episodes is broken into two halves one you play as the characters Claire and Moira and the other half you play as Barry and Natalia. The partner AI is overall competent but not amazing and it is quite annoying that you have to use an upgrade to make them even fight when you are not controlling them. I feel that co-op is unneeded for this game and greatly takes away from the game’s scares. I think that the series should finally do away with co-op. Herbs have also returned in this installment and are well implemented. Herbs have to made in real time and this greatly adds to the tension. The crafting system newly implemented in this game also helps add to the survival element allowing the player to create helpful items on the spot. I liked the fact the game gave you multiple approaches to dealing with enemies. Puzzles have returned with gusto in this installment and are much better than previous entries. These puzzles are more hands on and allow the player to think and engage with the game. They help mellow down the action and the give the player some thinking time. The game also has a side mode called “Raid” which is like the previous games “Mercenary Mode” introduced early in the series. I found the mode fun and enjoyable but I found it an unneeded feature. If they removed this mode I believe they would have had more time to improve the game as whole. The game features many types of weapons that do not belong in a survival horror games such as automatic weapons and heavy explosives. I can see that the game is transitioning to becoming a survival horror game but it still hasn’t made the full proper conversion.

Resident Evil games have never been known for their story. Revelations 2 by far definitely doesn’t tell an amazing story by any stretch of the imagination but tells a good one for a Resident Evil game. The game stars Claire Redfield, Moira Burton, Barry Burton, and Natalia. Claire works for Terrasave an organization that provides aid to victims of bioterrorism. She is kidnapped along with Moira Burton, daughter of a series favorite, Barry Burton. They are both trapped on a mysterious island along with some of her colleges at Terrasave. They are trapped on the island and are being experimented by the malevolent overseer. One thing I did like a lot in the story is the fact that the main villain is obsessed with Franz Kafka and how each episode is named after a story by him. You also get to play as Barry who six months later is looking for his daughter and a mysterious girl he finds on the island named Natalia. I found the characters likeable and enjoyable and of course a little cheesy like all Resident Evil Characters. They are always spouted those classic one liners. I found the story at times a little to hokey and James Bond themed than a true horror story. The story this game lacks fear and horror. I also thought they could have gone farther with the Franz Kafka references and make the story more horrific, oppressive and bizarre along with the game's atmosphere to do justice to Kafka’s books. I enjoy Resident Evil’s cheesy characters but I feel that it is time that they start making their stories a little less silly and action themed. When the seventh installment comes out since they are going for a horror style they should ditch these characters and silly stories.

The one question you may be asking is did you find it scary?

The answer is no I did not. The game's boring enemies, silly story and characters made me not scared in the least.

Overall I found Resident Evil: Revelations 2 a good but flawed game. I feel this game is confused with its identity as have been the past two games. I found Revelations 2 a very fun spinoff for the series and I would recommend it. For a game from 2015 it is quite cheap and if you are a PlayStation Plus subscriber you can play the first episode for free. For the sevenths installment I hope that it learns from the previous games and drops the goofy anime characters, comic book plots and replaces it with characters suited for the horror genre. I want it to tell a scary morbid tale with realistic visuals and survival gameplay designed for exploration and hiding from enemies over bombastic combat. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 is not the answer to returning the series to its survival horror roots. I hope that Resident Evil 7 is able to learn from Revelation 2’s mistakes and focusses more on the horror aspect than survival aspect the other have been focussing on since 2005.

6/10: Above average
  3. Apr 30, 2015
    Resident evil: revelations 2 feels like a step back from its predecessor. Its unsure on what kind of game it wants to be. The game itself is a part action, part puzzle, part stealth, survival horror game that feels very low budget and unfinished. The character models are decent enough, but backgrounds and textures are shockingly bad for a next-gen title. It does have a nice smooth frameResident evil: revelations 2 feels like a step back from its predecessor. Its unsure on what kind of game it wants to be. The game itself is a part action, part puzzle, part stealth, survival horror game that feels very low budget and unfinished. The character models are decent enough, but backgrounds and textures are shockingly bad for a next-gen title. It does have a nice smooth frame rate though. Voice acting is as camp as you would expect, sound effects and music are pretty standard for this type of game.
    Capcom has decided yet again to pair you up with a useless AI companion, which causes frustration and eliminates any feeling of isolation. If you have a friend who would like to play as either a moody teenager who is anti-firearm, or a little girl that can throw bricks and see through walls, you're in luck; the game can become splitscreen from the pause menu. If you don't however, you will find yourself having to switch between these third-wheel characters to solve puzzles.
    The single player campaign is only four chapters long, switching between Claire Redfield and Barry Burton, six months apart on a virus infected island. I found the pacing of the game inconsistent. I found myself wondering around quietly solving puzzles one minute, then suddenly overwhelmed by enemies the next, leading to a quick death. You will die a lot in this game, and it feels cheap every time the game decides to spring an unexpected battle upon you. On a personal note; whoever decided to add invisible enemies to this game needs to never work on video games again.
    Controls are pretty responsive, although attaching to ladders can sometimes be a pain, especially if you are too close to activate the climb prompt. The inventory screen is better than the last game; its no "resi 4" attache case by any means, but it will do. Why Capcom have never brought back the attache case is beyond me.
    I got the feeling this game wanted to be "the evil within". Unfortunately, said game was better in every respect. Capcom really need to sort this franchise out. its laughable. Look at the sales of the resi 1 remake; you would think they would have figured it out by now. Maybe next time.
    The only redeeming quality of this game is its "raid" mode. Its so much fun, and saves the game from being a complete failure. Its two-player split screen mode is a joy to play, and it will have you coming back for more.
    Its a fairly cheap game to buy, and I would only recommend it for its raid mode. If you want a decent single player experience, get the resi 1 remake instead.
  4. Mar 19, 2015
    At $25 there's a lot of good things to say about Revelations 2, however the overall quality of the finished product is far from pristine, and in terms of creativity and originality Revelations 2 falls well short of the marker. Unfortunately, Rev 2 literally pulls every last strand of it's campaign from ideas implemented in previous RE installments.

Long gone is the Queen Zenobia and

Long gone is the Queen Zenobia and Terragrigia, as now we are immersed into a new scenario with familiar characters and sadly familiar circumstances. Honestly, the story itself is not all that bad, and most fans of the series will enjoy it's few twists and turns, but I have to reiterate that NOTHING about this title feels 'new' or original.

To it's credit, the game does feature tight third person shooter gunplay, and while the graphics certainly look dated, the variety of enemies and scenarios will likely keep you happily occupied. Raid mode is the stellar selling point for this entry, although I'm not a fan of the new microtransactions that are now being thrown into the users face. They can be avoided....however the fact that Capcom even feels the need to implement them really feels like cheap way to take advantage of the fanbase.

All in all, this really isn't a bad entry to a floundering franchise, but it just doesn't bring enough quality and content to the table to merit an above average rating. If you are looking for some fun third person shooter action though, this may not be a bad time sink for $25.
  5. Apr 9, 2015
    nah, did not feel this one either. I am more resident evil 1-3 fan than fast actition 4-6, thank you anyways for trying. not sure if that is what kids want nowadays..because maybe either the game is going the wrong direction or maybe ...hmmmm...I should force myfelf to love COD and all shooting games instead..what is the word for it...yeah...adapt...
  6. Apr 1, 2015
    It’s a good game and I would recommend adding to your play list. It could be better as it is a bit repetitive, has a few technical problems, but I’m happy with it nonetheless.
  7. Aug 19, 2015
    I did enjoy this game but maybe because I'm a big resident evil fan and it was nice to see Claire and Barry back. It was more horror than RE6 and a darker tone but still missing that resident evil atmosphere from the old games. Decent story but still felt like a linear run and gun game. Not the worst resident evil in recent years but nowhere near good enough right now the resident evil 1I did enjoy this game but maybe because I'm a big resident evil fan and it was nice to see Claire and Barry back. It was more horror than RE6 and a darker tone but still missing that resident evil atmosphere from the old games. Decent story but still felt like a linear run and gun game. Not the worst resident evil in recent years but nowhere near good enough right now the resident evil 1 remaster puts it to shame of how a resident evil game should be made and played. Expand
  8. May 25, 2015
    I found this game enjoyable kept me playing until the end, with its interesting story telling method. I found the controls easy to use and found the puzzles reasonably challenging. The atmosphere was great creating some urgency and challenge on harder difficulties. Limited resources and ammo forces a change in game play style. Some twists and turns in the story kept it interesting untilI found this game enjoyable kept me playing until the end, with its interesting story telling method. I found the controls easy to use and found the puzzles reasonably challenging. The atmosphere was great creating some urgency and challenge on harder difficulties. Limited resources and ammo forces a change in game play style. Some twists and turns in the story kept it interesting until the end.

However there were numerous flaws which i just don't get, creating a coop game where the second character is extremely limited in what they can do is counterproductive and misleading, making this mainly a single player game with a crappy ai team mate who you have to drag along with you slowing things down. Secondly the story was told well but was inevitably pointless and isolated from any real meaning.

Gave it a 7 because even with its flaws i enjoyed it for some reason.
  9. Apr 28, 2016
    Es bastante entretenido. Esta enfocado mas a la accion y no tiene tanto survival horror como anteriores entregas de R.E. pero cumple con una buena trama en la historia del juego.
    Algo novedoso es el juego dividido en capitulos en donde tenemos 2 historias paralelas. Aunque lo criticable aqui es la corta duracion de esos capitulos.
    Un buen punto a favor es que hay bastante rejugabilidad,
    Un buen punto a favor es que hay bastante rejugabilidad, ya que al completar todos los niveles de dificultad, se nos desbloqueara otro nivel "sin salida" y esto nos invita a pasar nuevamente todos los capitulos con un mayor compromiso.
    Aunque puede ser algo muy tedioso pasar repeditadamente varias veces los capitulos para lograr el trofeo Platino.
    Por ultimo, el modo asalto es fenomenal, de lo mejor. Asi que tendremos muchas horas de juego para este R.E.R. 2
  10. May 13, 2016
    The combat in this game is amazing and is worth buying the game for. That being said the enemy design kind of sucks, the levels are bland, and the story is stupid. This game is just uninspired and no aspect of it really is able to elevate the experience. That being said, the combat is really fun.
  11. Jul 4, 2016
    Aceptable en el global de sus apartados, no sobresale en ningún aspecto, aunque es cumplidor. Tiene sus momentos, sin crear la gran atmósfera del primeros Resident. Se agradece a Capcom el rumbo que le esta tratando de dar a la franquicia.
  12. VTL
    Dec 11, 2019
    Buen Resident evil con una historia buena ahun sin gustarme el tema capitulos como serie de television. La verdad que me lo he pasado bien y con muchos componentes de survival horror y menos de accion como era el 1 (revelations 1). Buen juego sin ser esencial en la saga RE.
  13. Feb 2, 2019
    What happened to you? What have you become? The game at a time. paired puzzles and monotonous locations begin to seriously irritate.

There was a hint of improvement of skills, but here collecting additional points in the form of jewels begins to bother. I don't know who came to mind to periodically switch to the characters to look for hidden objects. In view of the deliberate delaying of gameplay.

In the first part it was really scary because of the limited space, now we have large open areas where you can dodge and shoot enemies. The fast dynamics of the game and the abundance of ammo (even on high difficulty) kill the whole sense of horror. The plot of the game is not hooked at all. Very boring and bland. Revelations 2 looks and is played very budget.

I'm pleased with Raid mode, no QTE moments
  14. Jan 26, 2019
    Эту игру можно проходить только в ко-опе, иначе играть безумно скучно. Да и играя не в одиночку она все равно через непродолжительное время наскучит.
  15. Mar 27, 2019
    The whole game looked cheap with a low production value.. Voice acting was ok and the story was of some interest, because it wasn't the action that kept me going. A dialed back version of RE6 combat with a Alan Wake type dodge mechanic tacked on. The predictable ending felt unsatisfying and the raid mode just looked like a crappier version of the mercenaries mode. I just felt I was playingThe whole game looked cheap with a low production value.. Voice acting was ok and the story was of some interest, because it wasn't the action that kept me going. A dialed back version of RE6 combat with a Alan Wake type dodge mechanic tacked on. The predictable ending felt unsatisfying and the raid mode just looked like a crappier version of the mercenaries mode. I just felt I was playing a crappier watered down version of RE6. The Last of Us did this buddy type formula better and I don't even like that game, but I recommend that over this in SP. As for the co-op campaign dynamic it is like the uber action hero got saddled with the lamest of side kicks on the planet. Expand
  16. Jan 23, 2021
    I had already been able to play this title back in 2015 on PS3, but now I was able to replay it on PS4, and obviously it looks and feels better for the different generations.

However, it is still noticeable that sadly this game had a low budget and I could assure that graphically it is inferior even to RE 5. Despite having this " low budget" production, the sequel to Revelations is

Despite having this " low budget" production, the sequel to Revelations is undoubtedly superior to RE 6 as a survival horror.

The horror tone, the puzzles (albeit few), the plot development and the drama, make this sequel very enjoyable, no matter how short it may be.

Another complaint would be that the gameplay in general feels stilted or cut short (just as Revelations felt), also its two extra chapters, while adding some story, are pretty bad.

This leaves Revelations 2 as a worthy successor to the saga, I wish this had been RE 6.

[Link omitted per site rules]
  17. Aug 6, 2020
    Ok, é um bom jogo, tem um bom fator replay, principalmente depois de saber que tem dois finais (eu peguei o final ruim na primeira vez, então zerei o jogo de novo). Essa nota meio baixa é mais culpa dos inimigos que foram mal trabalhados nesse RE, sem muita explicação científica pra alguns inimigos. Além disso eles são irritantes e parecem pessoas normais com raiva.
    O modo Raid é incrível
    O modo Raid é incrível e me mantém revisitando o jogo, principalmente para jogar em dupla com outra pessoa.
    A história é muito boa e foi incrível ver o Barry sendo realmente aproveitado em um jogo
  18. Aug 27, 2021
    This was a fun Resident Evil game. It gets all the basics right. Creepy locations. Interesting antagonist. Good combat. The weapon and skill upgrade system is simple and functional. I was skeptical about the mandatory sidekick, but the AI partner is very useful, and doesn't feel like a burden or escort mission.

On the downside the production values aren't that high, and the first

On the downside the production values aren't that high, and the first episode kind of sucks. Also the difficulty curve is a bit off. It's too hard in the beginning, and too easy towards the end. Also the episodic nature of the game makes it feel cobbled together at times.
  19. May 15, 2021
    I liked this game alot as a resident evil fan and wen it first came out I made lots of accounts on here to push it's score up sorry for tricking people I feel bad about it now

Generally favorable reviews - based on 30 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 4, 2015
    It has its strengths, including some pretty cool monster design and fun puzzles, but by and large, almost everything it does has been done better by another RE title.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    May 26, 2015
    Doesn't save the series, but doesn't condemn it further. Great with a co-op buddy, or if you like the score attacks. Only passable as a solo, narrative-driven experience. [May 2015, p72]
  3. Games Master UK