8.5

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Mar 24, 2019
    FromSoft tends to be the only studio that I'll actually pre-order from, and I did with Sekiro. Long-time fan of the ridiculous difficulty, Demon Souls (closely followed by Bloodborne) is my favourite game of all time, and I love dark souls too.

Sekiro is a bit of a different bag. It's a good game, the movement is fun, as are the ninja tools, and the stealth is well integrated into the general gameplay - and particularly with minibosses. However, I think this will be the first FromSoft game I don't try to platinum. Mainly because I don't think I'll play through it more than once.

The bosses are not so much difficult as long, everything has lots of health and the classic secret third phase is thrown into the mix too. Remember fighting those demons in DS3 expansion, when they morph into an even bigger demon when they die... well it's that. The frustration of Nameless King's second phase where it takes so long to get to it. None of this I'd mind on its own, except you don't get to build a character anymore.

You can earn experience and unlock skills, but these don't really change your fighting prowess the way maxing a quality build would, or getting a new weapon. Upgrades (at least in terms of damage) are contingent on defeating bosses, so again sometimes you smash against a brick-wall of difficulty, but can't go off and build your character to come back stronger. You just hit it again and again. Obvs, with no co-op this also rules out that as a way to overcome a particularly **** boss (looking at you Fume Knight from DS2).

The world is good, the story is much less subtle but I guess that's fine given there is an actual narrative, but with no new builds to try, and no desire to fight some of the bosses again, I think I'll be putting it down when I'm done and playing through one of the others again.

Fingers crossed for Blooborne 2!
  2. Mar 25, 2019
    I wanted to like Sekiro, I REALLY did. I love the Souls-Borne series of games, and I think that was my first mistake when jumping headfirst into Sekiro. First and foremost, Sekiro is not a souls game.

Sekiro shares many similarities with the Souls games, but Sekiro is a whole new beast. Gone are the days of leaving messages for other players. Gone are the days of other players for that matter, as Sekiro is only a solo experience. That aspect does not bother me so much as I prefer single player experiences anyways.

In the Souls-Borne series if I ran into a frustrating situation there was always an option of going back and doing some grinding to help level up in an effort to conquer the roadblock in my way. After finally getting past those roadblocks there was an immense feeling of accomplishment. I find the bosses in Sekiro are so frustrating that I leave feeling defeated and have no drive to continue. And with no leveling up of your character, and no gear to swap out and try, there is no motivation to continue bashing my head against the wall.

Sekiro is a beautiful game aesthetically speaking, but the frustration outweighs the beauty. It feels like FromSoft took the difficulty aspect of the Souls-Borne series and cranked it to 11 just for the sake of making it difficult. Sneaking around like a ninja and picking off the "trash" mobs feels like that is what the game was supposed to be. Realizing that the bosses needed to be challenging it feels like FromSoft overcompensated and crossed that line which separates difficult-fun and difficult-frustrating.

There is good to be found here, do not get me wrong. Sekiro is a beautiful game with tight controls. The frustration found in the game overshadow everything Sekiro does well. The one thing a game should always be is fun. For me, this is where Sekiro fails, it becomes so frustrating that it is no longer fun.

There are going to be plenty who do not agree with me. And that is ok. This is just my honest opinion, my honest review. I really, REALLY, wanted to like Sekiro. The only other game I am looking forward to as much as Sekiro is Cyberpunk 2077, and it saddens me to think how disappointed I am with Sekiro.

If you go into Sekiro expecting a souls-like experience, you will be sorely disappointed.
  3. Mar 22, 2019
    I was definitely sure it would be a great game. From Software never fails. I took a few hours to play and that's what I expected. I am in heaven ! Everything is amazing.
    Great atmosphere, graphics and story. You can fell the soul of previous games. I was really missing this world a lot. Finally got it.
    Thank you FromSoftware once again ! You're the best in the world
  4. Mar 30, 2019
    Say goodbye to armor, primary weapons, varied and complex builds, emotes and any other roleplaying elements, coop, and pvp. This is not a soulsborne game and fans of the soulsborne franchises should not be misled into believing that the gameplay is similar. Virtually every system has been overhauled, for better or worse.
    In some ways this title is more friendly to new players than
    In some ways this title is more friendly to new players than previous ones because you'll never have to look at wall of stats that you'd have to dig around online to make sense of and you won't have the training scars from playing earlier titles. But in another way, it's much more hostile to new players because the difficulty scaling is unprecedented even for a From Software game.
    Grinding is mostly ineffectual as the only reward you get for grinding is Sen (the primary currency, which can be used to purchase consumables and in some cases prosthetic attachments) and Skill Points, which are used to purchase new acrobatic abilities for your character (only one of which can be slotted at a time). You cannot increase your HP pool or Posture by grinding and you cannot summon friendly NPCs to assist you in boss fights, meaning that when you get stuck on a boss your only option is to continue slamming your head against that wall until you win or quit the game.
    Many returning FromSoft fans that are hostile to new players, casuals, and the notion of accessibility in game design will see these changes as improvements, however I generally see them as a step backwards. I don't think it's good game design for the basic narrative elements to be inaccessible to many players (even some who are willing to spend countless hours trying to 'git gud').
    My single biggest complaint with the game is the reductive nature of the new combat system. Many players seem to feel that the combat system is more complex than ever, but I disagree and I will enumerate my reasons why: Poise has been all but removed from the game, weapon arts have been replaced by acrobatic skills, stamina management was replaced by posture, spirit emblems effectively replaced FP, the prosthetic replaced spell attunement, and the jump mechanic replaced the kick. The vast array of sorceries, miracles, and pyromancies (96 total in dark souls 3) have been replaced by 11 prosthetic attachments. In Dark Souls or Bloodborne there are a wide variety of different play styles and approaches that are equally viable for completing the PVE content. You can be a strong dude with heavy armor, a giant, slow weapon, and tons of poise that just knocks bosses on their asses and manages damage trades. You can use spellcasting as your primary strategy for virtually every boss in the game. You can use a dex character with high mobility and fast weapons that inflict status effects like bleed on enemies. They all do the job, and this fantastic variety makes for excellent replay value (even for the players that aren't interested in challenge runs).
    That's just not the case in Sekiro. You have one weapon, one basic play style, and bosses only have one or sometimes two different basic strategies that are viable to beat them. To make things worse, many of the acrobatic skills that can be acquired that are supposed to make the player feel like they're making progress and getting deeper gameplay are completely nullified by certain bosses. For example, unblockable thrust weapon attacks and some kicks can be countered with a skill called the mikiri counter and unblockable sweep attacks can be jumped over, followed by a swift kick to the face that deals a lot of posture damage. Certain bosses, like Genichiro Ashina (a required boss for story progression), for example, can completely nullify these abilities and punish the player for trying to take advantage of them. This removes depth from the combat and this tactic the developers use to increase the difficulty of the game is equally artificial as tactics like making a boss' attacks deal so much damage they're all one-shot kills or tripling the HP pool of the boss to make it harder.
    It certainly feels like the central principal of this game's design was to make it extremely difficult without regard for making the gameplay feel fair, varied, or balanced.
    These drawbacks are such an intrusive impediment to enjoying the game that they overshadow many pleasant qualities in the game. I like that they tried to challenge returning hardcore players by removing I-frames from dodges. I like the new grappling mechanic and how this frees up the artists who designed the maps to add an entirely new dimension to the areas you play in. The visuals and voice acting are superb, and there appears to be just as much effort put into developing the lore of this game universe as previous titles. There are tons of different boss fights to be had in this game with 15 bosses and 29 Mini-bosses, although some of them are effectively just re-skins. I love FromSoft and their games, but I think this one was simply a step in the wrong direction. 6/10
  5. Mar 22, 2019
    This game is a masterpiece...graphics are ok but gameplay wise this is a great experience... The whole posture mechanic set the difficulty bar over the top. A must have.
  6. Mar 22, 2019
    Im amazed how much different this game is compared to other Fromsoftware games but it still has that nice and satisfying essence of souls game in it. Just buy and enjoy this masterpiece.
  7. Mar 22, 2019
    Game of the year!!
    A perfect accompaniment to the SoulsBorne series, with plenty of unique ideas of its own and some of the best combat of the generation.
  8. Mar 22, 2019
    Another masterpiece from From Software. Epic gameplay and new revolution from dark souls.

Ingore the casual players rating this masterpiece whit 0-6....
  9. Mar 22, 2019
    Top notch From Software release! Easily entitled for Game of the Year 2019! Sekiro is Rich it's Exciting and it's New. You can feel the soulsborne in the backbone, but everything else is stripped away and made new. Especially new movement, environmental exploration and freedom is so much fun to do and in combat it really works and gives you choices! Combat is fluid, challenging and itTop notch From Software release! Easily entitled for Game of the Year 2019! Sekiro is Rich it's Exciting and it's New. You can feel the soulsborne in the backbone, but everything else is stripped away and made new. Especially new movement, environmental exploration and freedom is so much fun to do and in combat it really works and gives you choices! Combat is fluid, challenging and it forces you to learn all the tricks of trade and implement your new skills in various different ways. Difficulty of the game feels similar to all soulsborne games, it's hard and sometimes feels impossible, but after trying and learning your enemies you will overcome and it's rewarding as always! Anyone looking for good action game and especially if you love soulsborne games Sekiro is your choice! 10/10 Expand
  10. Mar 22, 2019
    Where have I been? I was sad they had no plans for another Dark Souls, but this is pretty much another spiritual sequel that look pretty cool
    The way i see it. This game can go far and the way you play... ok
  11. Mar 25, 2019
    Beware the overrating from Critics. Try before you buy is my advice. I'm a long time lover of the souls and bloodborne series. I beat them all (except demonsouls - but I will if they ever remaster it) so I'm not bad at them. Unfortunately it was like Fromsoft decided to stick it to us long time players and reverse everything you learned from dying over the years. This game takes fastBeware the overrating from Critics. Try before you buy is my advice. I'm a long time lover of the souls and bloodborne series. I beat them all (except demonsouls - but I will if they ever remaster it) so I'm not bad at them. Unfortunately it was like Fromsoft decided to stick it to us long time players and reverse everything you learned from dying over the years. This game takes fast reflexes and a lot of motivation to push through the many, many deaths before you unlearn and relearn what you need to survive. It is punishingly difficult with lightning reflexes and perfect timing required (no mistakes or your dead). The world and story are not really doing anything for me, which is what I always loved about the past games. They always had you guessing what the next level/world would be. This one is all Feudal Japan all the time and I do not care about Japanese history. I didn't in college and I still don't. So the verticality of the game that everyone is praising is overrated. The grappling hook mechanics work okay, but only in the spots the game lets you use it. The jump and grab ledge mechanic is so slow and terribly inconsistent (needs fixing badly). While hanging from a ledge my natural instinct is to hit the jump to jump up, but no you have to push grab button again (why?). If you are new to Fromsoft games, you actually might be better equipped than longtime players, but you will likely lose interest after the 50th death to the same early bosses. If you are determined you will persevere or have a lucky run (even the blind hog finds an acorn except with a lot of skill needed even to get lucky). This game is super frustrating without the fun and mystery of previous Fromsoft games to keep me going. Not sure why everyone is going on about this game. Gluttons for punishment apparently. Expand
  12. Mar 22, 2019
    I really want to like this game, because i been buying the other from games for years now, i really really want it... but i cant. I will say that this game is not horrible, and if you like parries and quicktime events this is your game, but for the same reasons is not my game.
    I think that in trying to create a game that emulate a sword fight from didn't see the lack of variation, because in every death you deal you will be seing the same quicktime animation (over and over and over) and even if the graphics are great and it seems an interesting tale, if the main character is not appealling you lose a lot, in this last point i cant identify why the character is so dull to me, maybe is a mix of reasons but is my personal opinion.
    The last point is that sekiro has very beautiful graphics, good sound effects and music, the movement in the map is very creative, but the way the game deals with combat, character personalities and AI of enemies doesn´t convince me, i hope they change this game for better in the next patches, as they did with DS2.
  13. Mar 26, 2019
    Sekiro was very much the game I looked forward most to in 2019 but also my greatest disappointment so far. I'm almost 40 hours in and at the end stretch of the game. Every time I played, I hoped for it to click, thinking that it may be something wrong with me. The glowing critic reviews left and right didn't help either. To summarize what I think is wrong with the game, it's the overallSekiro was very much the game I looked forward most to in 2019 but also my greatest disappointment so far. I'm almost 40 hours in and at the end stretch of the game. Every time I played, I hoped for it to click, thinking that it may be something wrong with me. The glowing critic reviews left and right didn't help either. To summarize what I think is wrong with the game, it's the overall interaction of it's (stealth / combat) mechanics that encourages you to play in a very specific way.

For example, a large percentage of the minibosses have entourages that are designed such that the safest / most rewarding way to go about those engagements is to:

1) Stealth kill a minion
    2) Run out of aggro range
    3) Wait a minute for remaining enemies to disengage
    4) Repeat 1 to 3 until you can fight the miniboss individually

immersion issues aside, doing the above can take up to 15 minutes per "run"
    and if you die - which always will happen because you have no idea what the new boss' moveset is, you have to repeat the process all over again. The major bosses are also designed to be impossible to defeat the first time through because you have no idea what the exact timing is for all their strikes and combos and this meant you can never reliably parry their attacks which is also the singular way to win.

The whole game is akin to doing tiresome dance rehearsals repeatedly until you get a waltz down the way your instructor wants it to be, except he doesn't tell you what he wants in the first place and you have to be beaten into knowing. This wasn't a problem with Dark Souls because caution could always bring you far and there were plenty of alternative solutions to the same puzzle.

By the end, Sekiro felt easier and more manageable when I could play by it's set of rules but that's because it forced me to play the only way it wanted to be played and the lack of player agency left a bad taste in my mouth.

My conclusion at the end is this - Sekiro was overdesigned and has an identity issue. It wants to be a little bit of Tenchu, but doesn't do it well. It also wants to somewhat be Dark Souls, but doesn't do that well either. It definitely wants to be Onimusha / Bushido Blade but is also halfhearted about that. I have little doubt that Sekiro will not be looked upon favorably years after the hype has gone. But still, plenty of love to players who had a good time with it.
  14. Mar 22, 2019
    It's a good game, but not as good as the proper Souls games. Just lacks the atmosphere and its combat is a bit too mashy as well.
  15. Mar 23, 2019
    First of all, no game is ever a 10 or a 0. For those of you giving either of those ratings, its for some other reason unrelated to the game. You are either a fanatic of From Soft who cannot objectively rate their game, or you are currently raging or just hate the game for not being exactly like souls.

So, Sekiro. If you took all the good parts out of Nioh ( The loot, outfits,

So, Sekiro. If you took all the good parts out of Nioh ( The loot, outfits, customization, build system and weapon variety ) and no, the combat in Nioh wasn't that great. It was just a bad clone of Dark Souls. Then, you took all the good parts out of Dark Souls ( Solid combat system, the lore, variety of weapons, variety of armor, and a good build system )

Afterwards, you take whats left of both. For Dark Souls its the level designs(shortcuts etc) , the estus flasks, fire keepers, bonfires, and the feel of the cut scenes and art work. For Nioh its the forced item usage and similar art style. You take those aspects and shove them into one game with a garbage combat system that is not quite Dark Souls and not quite Nioh. A system that requires you to respond rather than be offensive. Combat is basically boiled down to a Press X for sweep attack, press L1 for parry, Press O to side step...and use prosthetic arm.

You do not get to choose the style of combat or how you will fight. Follow their style, or die. Do not think for yourself and respond how they want you to, or die.

Play how they want you to, or you are going to have a bad experience. If you are OK with that, then you will probably enjoy the game. I am not. it is not what I came to expect from From Soft.

I am severely disappointed in this game. I had looked forward to it for a long time and I only do that for a very few developers. Literally 2.

Oh well. I truly hope people find enjoyment in this game. It just is not fun for me, unfortunately.
  16. Mar 22, 2019
    The real deal review. The atmosphere is nothing less than true From Software design, veterans of the souls series will see this right away. Here is where the typical From Software title differs from this one. This game is a mix of repetitive "quick time" attacks. Press LB to block, then press RB to attack. You will grow tired of seeing the same choreographed "death blows" over and overThe real deal review. The atmosphere is nothing less than true From Software design, veterans of the souls series will see this right away. Here is where the typical From Software title differs from this one. This game is a mix of repetitive "quick time" attacks. Press LB to block, then press RB to attack. You will grow tired of seeing the same choreographed "death blows" over and over and over. I feel no real attachment to the main protagonist he seems an empty vessel with no real personality. The Shinobi arm is very gimmicky as the shuriken attack does a less than a 1/10th damage and will be blocked 90 percent of the time. So it works like this, block and then continue to block some more.. then attack. Once you have blocked enough attacks they will stutter and you get a quick time kill move. That's it.. that's the whole premise. Keep your 60 bucks, this is nothing more than a "casual" cash grab. Those calling this game a "masterpiece" clearly don't know the difference between an intuitive rewarding control scheme and flashy auto attacks that make you feel like you are having fun. But in reality, you are only pressing two buttons. Expand
  17. Mar 23, 2019
    Honest review here, if you are a fan of 'finish and forget' streamlined action games with short life span ( less than 50 hours of gameplay) dont read.

1 ) Combat system is barebone, one attack button, one block button. That's it.. No depth which leads to very repetitive gameplay. No varied movesets, dumbed down and minimal skill tree for an action/rpg, can only have one skill at a time, very few combos, uninteresting bosses and enemies that feel copy pasted with different skins.

2) No weapons, no armours, no customization, no variety, ultra simple game mechanics for anyone to grasp within 5 minutes

3) No coop, no PVP, nothing that can sustain the game's interest beyond the first playthrough unless you are truly a die hard fan who wants to see the different endings in a game where the story is totally optional and there because it has to be there.

4) Bad optimization on many PCs

Conclusion : a good Ubisoft like "Finish and Forget" action game with good atmosphere and level design. But a terrible game from FromSoft point of view, a dev that that set a standard with previous Souls games in terms of gameplay quality and depth as well as game replayability and lifespan.
  18. Mar 24, 2019
    If this was a EA/BioWare game it’d be getting 3/4 out 10. Sekiro has no customisations, it’s basically 2 click attack, which is mostly just spamming the attack button, a broken parry system, that only works sometimes, which is typical for from software games, a grapple that just plain annoying at times, maybe the worst ai in gaming history, still trying figure how you can land multipleIf this was a EA/BioWare game it’d be getting 3/4 out 10. Sekiro has no customisations, it’s basically 2 click attack, which is mostly just spamming the attack button, a broken parry system, that only works sometimes, which is typical for from software games, a grapple that just plain annoying at times, maybe the worst ai in gaming history, still trying figure how you can land multiple “deathblows” when you think it’d only take one, horrible clunky combat, with slow unresponsive character movement, but the souls, bloodborne fan boy brigade would give anything released by from software a 10/10, this will easily be 2019 most overrated piece of pure trash. It’s basically a poor mans version of dark souls. Expand
  19. Mar 25, 2019
    Step back of souls-like genre. There are no epic and beautiful bosses, you can't change weapon and choose your characteristics, you can't avoid attacks as in DS. That is not fun game. It's boring and tiring. Worst game of From Software.
  20. Mar 22, 2019
    I 100% understand the team is wanting to branch out and try something new. I 100% understand this is in no way a spiritual successor to DS. However, if you want to make a totally new game that isn't tied to ypur other series.....DON'T LITERALLY MAKE ANOTHER DS GAME WITH MISSING KEY FEATURES!!!

This is litetally Nioh with all the RPG and loot elements ripped out. It feels EXACTLY like a Souls game while having none of the elements we expect. You can die in 3 hits...check, you have enemies that are "normal" and enemies that are "supernatural"...check, you have some massively disadvantageous cimbat system weighing against the player....check, you have the same graphics (albeit way prettier)...same weird camera angles for cutscenes...same weird voice acting, same movement system (not talking about the new jump and grappling mechanics), same "look, a long hallway, road, room, etc. with some generic adds to fight on my way to a miniboss/boss that will inevitably be massivly overpowered yet after dying 10+ times, i'll figure out his pattern and i'll be able to do it with a zweihander whist in my loincloth.....except that's impossible because you can't change his BLOODY BROWN BLAND COSTUME OR SWORD!"

I dont care if it isn't a Souls game......I'm super happy with the whole "no stamina" thing, actually, But give me armor/fashion elements and something other than that generic sword. Nion, at least, gave you stance changes. He's supposed to be a shinobi and, other than the totally fictional mech arm, at no point does he feel like a shinobi.

This "feels" like a Souls game but bland AF. If you want me to acknowledge your new game as not part of the Souls series and acknowledge you're doing something different.....dont give me a game that's half TenchuSouls, half Nioh and strip all the RPG and character customization from the game and say "totally new game...nothing like DS"

I had no idea this wasn't another SoulsLike game until I found out it had no RPG/customization. It feels, in every way, EXACTLY liie a Souls game.....yet Reddit is booming with all these toolbags saying "it's not a Souls game, stop comparing it". HOW IS IT NOT??!! Simply because they said the words "this isn't a Souls game"? You can't put cloths on a dog and say "it wears cloths...must be human"....no....it's just a dog in cloths. This is 100% a Souls game with 75% of what makes a Souls game addictive ripped out of it and then "slight of hand....look over here" somehow magically not a Souls game. Combats the EXACT same with slight new features (DS has block/shields, Bloodborne has gun parry, Sekiro has timed counter parry and jump, all three have the exact same dodge system), all three have the EXACT same difficulty "feel", same formula (adds to miniboss to boss), same estus flask, same generic items that do just about the same things, same praying at the alter/statue/etc. which restores estus and all the enemies, same home base you keep returning to to "level up"

It's a DS game they left out the RPG/custimization from, they changed less than 40% of the formula. If you say otherwise, you're wrong.....if you say it "feels different than a DS game" you're wrong (besides the glaring difference....no stamina and there's a grappling hook)

IT'S
  21. Mar 25, 2019
    Remember people love Witcher 3 and trash talk about Witcher 1 especially the combat?

Now here, Sekiro has revived that rhyme pattern combat and suddenly it's not only acceptable but well received? If this were a game made by other company, bet it'd get something like 7 from reviewers. The game also has a short invincible frame like Nioh rather than souls. So you're looking for

The game also has a short invincible frame like Nioh rather than souls. So you're looking for Witcher 1 x Nioh hybrid with much less varieties, this game might be for you. Otherwises, it plain sucks.
  22. Mar 22, 2019
    Game is still not skill based combat but really finding and learning the pattern to simply piece together the puzzle type of game. It is much like World of Tanks where 'studying' is vital than one's skills.

Game it self has no improvement. If you really liked souls series, you'll probably like this one since there aren't any alternatives. With souls series fans' unconditional continuous support, From will make no improvement.
  23. Mar 23, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Making a game hard does not make it good.
    Some games are good DESPITE being hard.

Sekiro is a good game overall but it's finished with piss.

The ambience is great and the difficulty is high, and the fights are somehow rewarding, like in DS.
    However, if you're not good enough the first levels, the game puts you in a deadlock.

I died multiple time trying to hone my skills, because I was willing to get this game better.
    By fighting one of the first bosses with clever use of fire tools, I realized these consumables slowly got depleted after each of my rebirth, with got me at 0 charge and made the already tough bass impossible for me to beat.
    The only way to by these are with money, and dying removes your cash.

So when your only option to progress is to start another game, that's when you realize this game is just broken.

I know I'm not the best at these kind of games, but I'm not a dimwit either, and after spending 70€, feeling the game spit at my face just makes me want to puke.
  24. Mar 24, 2019
    This feels like the game FromSoft should've made BEFORE Demon's Souls. An average, rough-around-the-edges project with a sparkle of potential, but it's not, it's their newest game. It is severely lacking content and features compared to previous titles, and a narrative seems to have developed where comparing Sekiro to Dark Souls or Bloodborne is taboo. Thing is, it IS Dark Souls, all theThis feels like the game FromSoft should've made BEFORE Demon's Souls. An average, rough-around-the-edges project with a sparkle of potential, but it's not, it's their newest game. It is severely lacking content and features compared to previous titles, and a narrative seems to have developed where comparing Sekiro to Dark Souls or Bloodborne is taboo. Thing is, it IS Dark Souls, all the major hallmarks are there, but with a different coat of paint. You have shrines instead of bonfires, but they serve the same purpose. Enemies respawn if you die or rest, even the item descriptions and the wording of those descriptions is almost identical to items from Dark Souls or Bloodborne. Comparison is inevitable and it works to Sekiro's detriment as it simply does not measure up.

What I absolutely despise about this game is the extreme narrow approach to play style. You have one weapon, a few gadgets that serve VERY specific purposes and some special moves, none of which have been terribly effective so far. I'll admit I never really got "gud" at the Souls games, I enjoyed playing them with my friends, I enjoyed co-op, strength builds, miracles, playing my character my way. But not Sekiro, oh no. You must parry. It is the only way to play the game. I've never been a big fan of parrying, the PVP community from the Souls games absolutely soured me on the whole mechanic. I think it's cheap, dishonest and essentially shuts out any alternative styles.
    Sekiro suffers from it's lack of leveling up. In Dark Souls, if you were struggling, you could grind a bit, increase your health or your strength or pump your spells a little more. You could upgrade your weapon, or try a different one. Sekiro has no options. One build, one weapon, one technique, rinse and repeat. It's dull, it's not challenging it's just tedious, more about rote memorisation and pattern recognition than adapting.
    Plus, the game doesn't play by its own rules. Early on, I came across a...mini-boss maybe? A big samurai guy that needs TWO death blows to kill. I figured I could get the first one with a sneak attack, and after trying and failing a couple times to fight him face to face I thought I'd just grapple away, wait for him to stop aggroing and sneak attack him again for the second deathblow. But no. He regenerates completely. The game has just said "No, play it OUR way". Even though Wolf is a sneaky shinobi man who uses trickery and subterfuge, except don't use trickery or subterfuge, just parry you scrub.

So that's why I'm giving Parry Souls: Shadows Parry Twice a 4/10. This might be a 5 or 6/10 if it was a different studio, but FromSoft can do and have done better. This is a step in the wrong direction for them. I refuse to praise this stripping away of content and options as "trying something new". New isn't always good.
  25. Apr 30, 2019
    Worse Dark Souls, not interesting to explore the location, in fact there is no loot and pumping. DMC at maximum speed
  26. Mar 22, 2019
    Juego sobrevalorado, con mucho marketing, hay gente que ni siquiera lo jugará y lo pone como la octava maravilla solo por el marketing. La verdad que este juego no me ha gustado, su parkour es horrible, la animación de salto equive es malisima. La verdad que esta muy sobrevalorado
  27. Mar 22, 2019
    I dont care if it isn't a Souls game...I'm super happy with the whole "no stamina" thing, actually, But give me armor/fashion elements and something other than that generic sword. Nion, at least, gave you stance changes. He's supposed to be a shinobi and, other than the totally fictional mech arm, at no point does he feel like a shinobi
  28. Aug 13, 2020
    Лучшая игра в которую я играл на playstation, а так-же лучшая игра от From Software. Очевидный Must-play и Game of the year. "Hesitation means losing"
  29. Jul 26, 2020
    A lot of people dislike Sekiro due to its difficulty but to me at least thats just the fun of the game learning the moves and creating a counter attack for them (most bosses have weaknesses to exploit) and thats the only real point of criticism the game, story and everything are so good
  30. Jul 26, 2020
    Inovador,divertido,con buenas mecánicas historia relativamente interesante tiene buena banda sonora y muy buenos jefes
  31. Aug 3, 2020
    Favorite game of all time tbh all the boss the cbot the flow if you feel it puts you in a state of flow like boxing or mma fight.
  32. Jul 28, 2020
    This game has the best combat in any game. Even after finishing the game and unlocking all trophies, it felt good repeating the game just so to re-live the epic duel, once again with ishin, father owl, lady butterfly and other bosses. And the story is filled with interesting lore that makes you want for more of this game. And as usual, fromsoftware provides with their traiditionalThis game has the best combat in any game. Even after finishing the game and unlocking all trophies, it felt good repeating the game just so to re-live the epic duel, once again with ishin, father owl, lady butterfly and other bosses. And the story is filled with interesting lore that makes you want for more of this game. And as usual, fromsoftware provides with their traiditional minimalistic yet amazing level design through interconnected world which does not fall far from previous souls titles. Expand
  33. Jul 31, 2020
    As a fan of both From Software games and medieval Japan, I was insanely excited for Sekiro. Then I wanted to break my copy in half because I didnt get it. It was insanely difficult and I couldnt wrap my head around its combat mechanics. Then I somehow stumbled all the way up to a certain boss, got pummeled a dozen times and then..it clicked. I blocked, side stepped and jumped over hisAs a fan of both From Software games and medieval Japan, I was insanely excited for Sekiro. Then I wanted to break my copy in half because I didnt get it. It was insanely difficult and I couldnt wrap my head around its combat mechanics. Then I somehow stumbled all the way up to a certain boss, got pummeled a dozen times and then..it clicked. I blocked, side stepped and jumped over his attacks and delivered punishment in a brutal but beautiful dance of death. I have now completed Sekiro 4 times and it cemented itself as one of my favorite games ever. I'm glad I didnt break that disc after all. Sekiro is From Software's most divisive game yet, but also its most focused. It delivers on everything it sets out to do. It innovates while remaining loyal to its roots and thats hard to achieve. Its also the most cohesive game from japanese developer in terms of its story. Hundreds of wiki pages are this time not required to understand the plot. Most RPG elements are thrown out of the window in favor of fast paced action and skill. I know everyone expected Dark Souls clone, but this aint that. I, for one, would love for From Software to continue innovate and deliver excitement and challenge in different packages instead of falling back to same old formula. Expand
  34. Aug 1, 2020
    Una obra maestra que se convirtió en uno de mis juegos favoritos, la historia es perfecta con la posibilidad de adaptarse a ti con cada final. Es un juego donde la dificultad te hace disfrutarlo aún más y te recompensa con la satisfacción de haberlo logrado.

Simplemente asombroso!!!
  35. Aug 5, 2020
    It was my first game fromsofware
    I enjoyed it a lot even when I probably died more than a 800 times. There were so places where the difficulty was unfair as they just added more enemies to a boss battle, but the rest was fair. That is if you hone your skill
    I beta all the bosses
    And I am proud to say I beat the game
  36. Sep 11, 2020
    The most incredible and challenging gameplay I've experienced in some time. Probably the first game that feels like real epic swordfighting. Very hard game. If Bloodborne is a 7 for difficulty, than Sekiro is an 8. The game is so fast-paced, you can die in a seconds with a few wrong moves. Interesting Eastern world setting. It reminded me a lot of the Blade of the Immortal manga, butThe most incredible and challenging gameplay I've experienced in some time. Probably the first game that feels like real epic swordfighting. Very hard game. If Bloodborne is a 7 for difficulty, than Sekiro is an 8. The game is so fast-paced, you can die in a seconds with a few wrong moves. Interesting Eastern world setting. It reminded me a lot of the Blade of the Immortal manga, but with a strong supernatural theme. The game can be quite frustrating. This is the first FromSoft game that made me actually question if I actually could defeat certain bosses. When this game is at it's best though, and the perfect parries are ringing and blades are flying about, there is nothing like it. It reminds me of the intro for Ninja Gaiden 1 on the NES. Imagine that short and perfect intro as a ballet of sword-fighting, and you have the best of Sekiro. Expand
  37. Aug 24, 2020
    Это просто лучшая игра для любителей aнaльныx утех
  38. Sep 1, 2020
    El juego se siente natural en el combate, es duro cuando no prácticas y no eliges bien las habilidades para un enfrentamiento, terminas siendo víctima, como en toda la saga Souls de tus errores al control, y de la elección de herramientas y ataques.
    Visualmente es eun joya, mezcla perfecta de la fantasía y realidad, buenos paisajes.
    En rendimiento si podría pedir ser más el juego a 60FPS
    En rendimiento si podría pedir ser más el juego a 60FPS en consolas sería de lujo.
  39. Sep 27, 2020
    My first fromsoft game and it was amazing even though punishing as hell in the begining but once u master the combat its pretty awesome
  40. Sep 29, 2020
    Das beste Spiel dieser Konsolengeneration.
    Wunderschöne und gut durchdachte Spielewelt.
    Bei dem Schwierigkeitsgrad fällt mir eigentlich nur "Hart aber Unfair" ein. Das Kämpfen mit dem "Kusabimaru" fühlt sich einfach unglaublich gut an und jeder beseigte Boss macht lust auf noch mehr . Fazit: Lass dich auf das Spiel ein und es ist jeden Cent wert, kein Game zum gelegentlichen
    Das beste Spiel dieser Konsolengeneration.
    Wunderschöne und gut durchdachte Spielewelt.
    Bei dem Schwierigkeitsgrad fällt mir eigentlich nur
    "Hart aber Unfair" ein.
    Das Kämpfen mit dem "Kusabimaru" fühlt sich
    einfach unglaublich gut an und jeder beseigte Boss
    macht lust auf noch mehr .
    Fazit: Lass dich auf das Spiel ein und es ist jeden
    Cent wert, kein Game zum gelegentlichen zocken.
    Good Luck :)
  41. Oct 2, 2020
    Un juegazo en todo el sentido. Con zonas memorables y jefazos épicos. Comparado con los títulos de fromsoftware es un 9/10. Pero comparado con los otros títulos triple A es un 10/10. Cabe destacar que es un juego que requiere paciencia y tiempo. Si no estás dispuesto a dedicarle un buen tiempo lo mejor será que no lo compres, pero si si lo estás prepárate para uno de los mejores juegos deUn juegazo en todo el sentido. Con zonas memorables y jefazos épicos. Comparado con los títulos de fromsoftware es un 9/10. Pero comparado con los otros títulos triple A es un 10/10. Cabe destacar que es un juego que requiere paciencia y tiempo. Si no estás dispuesto a dedicarle un buen tiempo lo mejor será que no lo compres, pero si si lo estás prepárate para uno de los mejores juegos de la última generación. Expand
  42. Oct 12, 2020
    Plot/Lore - 8
    Dialogues / characters - 8
    Visuals / graphics - 8
    Optimization - 7
    Game mechanics - 10
    Combat system - 10
  43. Oct 14, 2020
    Is FromSoftware, no more words are needed. Funny gameplay, good difficulty, great atmosphere... The story is brilliant and the bosses are amazing.
    Thank so much for this game FromSoftware. You must play.
  44. Oct 14, 2020
    Amazing game. Sharpest and cleanest combat o habe encountered. Takes some time getting used to and its well worth it
  45. Oct 16, 2020
    Truly an amazing experience that challenges you from the very beginning to the very end. One complaint that I have is the guardian ape part 2 fight with this bride but other than that it is a wonderful game.
  46. Apr 20, 2019
    When I first played Dark Souls, it took me a while to figure it out - to 'git gud,' if you will. I was immediately enamored by its atmosphere and by the cathartic joy of overcoming its brutal yet fair (mostly) difficulty. Playing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is much like how I felt playing Dark Souls for the first time. This isn't something I can say for the sequels, Bloodborne, Demon's SoulsWhen I first played Dark Souls, it took me a while to figure it out - to 'git gud,' if you will. I was immediately enamored by its atmosphere and by the cathartic joy of overcoming its brutal yet fair (mostly) difficulty. Playing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is much like how I felt playing Dark Souls for the first time. This isn't something I can say for the sequels, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls (which I played after Dark Souls), or any other 'Soulslike' game out there. All of those games play, in some way or another, like how Dark Souls plays. Sekiro, with a few exceptions, does not play like a 'Soulslike.' While this was somewhat daunting, it was just as rewarding as it was to discover how to survive in Dark Souls when I played it for the first time about 8 years ago.

Even with the incorporation of super direct tutorial prompts, getting into the rhythm and maneuverability of Sekiro's control scheme is a challenge in it's own right - especially if you're accustomed to the Soulsborne games. Also, if you're like me, you sort of glaze over wordy instructions and just go with the gist of it. I probably missed some key details that I later learned on my own through trial and error, but, even so, this process was very rewarding. Having certain mechanics click in my head, developing strategies on how to approach enemies or bosses, making split second decisions that could mean life or death -- incredible.

I like the skill tree system they have - it's pretty concise and to the point. Kills give you experience points that increase a blue bar in the upper right of the HUD. Each time that blue bar is filled, you get a Skill Point which can be applied to any number of skills - including special attacks, counters, abilities, and item effectiveness/quantity. Getting every skill takes a long time - as some skills cost multiple Skill Points and - as you progress the trees - Skill Points cost more experience to earn. Deviating from From Soft's Soulsborne titles, dying only takes away half of your experience currently in the Skill Point bar (but you don't lose Skill Points themselves).

Dying also makes you lose half your sen, which is the game's currency. I was iffy with the idea of having both experience and currency separate (since in the Soulsborne franchise Souls/Blood Echoes were both experience and currency) but they do a good job balancing it out.

My first playthrough was incredible. Subsequent playthroughs, while still a blast, suffer in a similar light to how most of From Soft’s games do - in that you sort of just rush past a good deal of the world to get to checkpoints or bosses. Having played through Sekiro a few times, I can confidently say it’s the shortest From Software game I’ve played. This could be due to the huge amount of freedom you have in controlling your character; there’s no stamina bar, so you can dash, dodge, attack, jump, and grapple everywhere to your heart’s content. There are also significant skips that are really easy to pull off, but even without those it’s a game that a moderately skilled player could beat in about an hour. In its own way, this is still a good deal of fun, but I’m a From addict and I want more.

I can’t wait for DLC… God, I hope there’s DLC.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is damn near perfect, and even with what flaws there are, its greatness is so damn great, it supersedes the bad.
  47. Sep 14, 2019
    Los nuevo de From Software llega con un tono diferente pero familiar.

Se abandona la personalización de personajes para ofrecernos una historia más desarrollada con nombres y apellidos. La primera toma de contacto es asequible, pero poco a poco todo se complica por la exigencia de entender el combate y como funciona este. Bloqueo, deflect, ataque imbloqueable, estocada, mekiri,
    Los nuevo de From Software llega con un tono diferente pero familiar.

La primera toma de contacto es asequible, pero poco a poco todo se complica por la exigencia de entender el combate y como funciona este. Bloqueo, deflect, ataque imbloqueable, estocada, mekiri, barrido, agarre,..
    Entender todo esto de primeras es abrumador, pero cuanto mas juegues mas entenderas y más disfrutaras el combate. El cual es muy satisfactorio y mucho más directo que en los Souls.

Los escenarios pueden pecar de falta de originalidad al encontrase todos en una misma región, y el ligero folclore que se añade tampoco llega a crear una gran diferencia.

Posiblemente sea el juego más exigente del estudio. Aunque no creo que sea necesariamente el mejor.
  48. Nov 9, 2021
    Amazing. Game of the year. Balls to the wall hard. Best souls like. Not for everyone are all accurate disruptions of this brilliant masterpiece. I found it a little short and too hard at times and the optional end area was a little sparse otherwise it be a 10. It looks like dark souls but it is entirely different and you'll have to learn a unique play style and master it to win in thisAmazing. Game of the year. Balls to the wall hard. Best souls like. Not for everyone are all accurate disruptions of this brilliant masterpiece. I found it a little short and too hard at times and the optional end area was a little sparse otherwise it be a 10. It looks like dark souls but it is entirely different and you'll have to learn a unique play style and master it to win in this extremely difficult game. But when you master it you'll be rewarded. Also you can cheat in most of the areas where you might become stuck.
    The story is messy and more about the environmental story telling. But there are multiple endings and hidden areas.
    The graphics are excellent for ps5 pro though the frame rate really suffers and it would be worth playing on ps5 or pc. The sound and music is perfect. The gameplay is fantastic and the game lasts about 30 to 50 hrs. Though I finished it fully in less time. It's a shorter game than prior souls like.
    There is no end game content of note though you can replay it. This game is one of the best ever made but you must stick with it. This is not like nioh or ds3 or got. It is it's own thing and relentless. A must have purchase.
  49. Apr 26, 2019
    This is first and foremost a From Software title. What it is not is a Soul Borne game. This is the mistake that most people are making going in to this game. This game is a credit to how good the developers at From Software really are. They have made genre that has set a standard in the gaming industry that most hardcore gamer's have come to respect. Sekiro is proof that the developersThis is first and foremost a From Software title. What it is not is a Soul Borne game. This is the mistake that most people are making going in to this game. This game is a credit to how good the developers at From Software really are. They have made genre that has set a standard in the gaming industry that most hardcore gamer's have come to respect. Sekiro is proof that the developers don't have to keep making the same kind of game to make a good game. Sekiro has the difficulty of a Souls game and a few other of its traits but for the most part it is it's own thing. It sets out to be a trying test of your skills and patience Samurai game and it does it 100% ! Sekiro is set in dark war torn Japan that is very realistic with a touch of fantasy thrown in. In that it is still a very beautiful fully realized world. It aims to test your skills at every turn, which it does very well. This is the kind of game when you take out a mob or kill a mini boss you feel as if you have just conquered something great. If you have patience and the want to be pushed to your limit Sekiro is for you. When you come out on the other side you can actually feel proud because you have accomplished something that so many will give up on. Prepare to not have your hand held! Expand
  50. VTL
    Sep 24, 2019
    This is From Software !!!! No soy objetivo en este juego, es from software, todo se ha de comprar... lo siento jejeje.
    PD: Es un gran juego objetivamente, no dificil, exigente en mecanicas.
  51. Jun 13, 2019
    This game is awesome. You really have to learn how to approach a battle and it feels amazing when you finally defeat the bosses, your heart rate skyrocket. I recommend it if you are willing to spend hours learning and dying but after some time mastering the moves and facing strong enemies without any fear.
  52. Nov 15, 2019
    Sekiro is the next evolutionary step for FromSoft's games. Most players will be turned off due to it's punishing difficulty. The combat is amazingly fleshed out and challenges you to master it for rewarding gameplay. The world in this game is dark and interesting and is sure to keep your interest. A very solid game with a story i'd argue is better than any of their other games.
  53. Apr 15, 2019
    game it on the pc, the game is well optimized, magnificent graphics, fair difficulty, excellent game, the game's candidate of the year
  54. Dec 13, 2019
    Love it thats all.......

..................
    Ps4 tu Ia ir the generation
  55. Apr 23, 2019
    Gameplay : 10 ( Master piece of fromsoftware )
    Bosses : 10 ( The Saint Isshin :))
    Story : 10 ( There is a story in fromsoftware. It is interesting thing :))
  56. Jul 21, 2020
    Actual Score: 9.5/10

Actual Score: 9.5/10

In my book, this is From Software’s most accomplished game yet. The added stealth mechanics and verticality to the level design give another twist to the Souls formula, and sword fights are hands down the best I’ve ever seen in a game to date. Also, the story is more explicit than in other From’s games and the boss fights and world design are sensational. It may be too difficult for newcomers and even for veterans of the Soulsborne franchise. Mastering the combat is a continuous proccess, but the level of satisfaction you feel is unmatched. Simply brilliant
  57. Nov 17, 2020
    Great game , flawless on pc and ps5 but does have some annoying lagging here and there on ps4 in my experience. It's game of the year award was well deserved . Really hard to play in the morning with the sun shining into the TV. Thats it. I dont know why i have platinumed every single fromsoft game and still didn't buy this masterpiece at launch
  58. XV_
    Apr 18, 2019
    Is hard to give a review to Sekiro because it has a lot of background behind and is difficult to not think about Souls or Bloodborne, but in the end, as bloodborne did in its own way, Sekiro is its own thing and is really good.

Everything feels familiar but it plays and tells its story very different than its cousins, the combat is great and makes you feel like the previous games lack in that department but for me the story and its characters never grew to the heights of other FromSoftware games, although I was very reluctant to feel sympathy for its main protagonist, in the end I was happy to be at his side.

The game gives you different difficulty settings in a very cryptic way as always, I played the harder mode and there's also a stealth mode which is the "easier" but slower mode, once you understand that you will prefer to dash through enemies and go berserk, because the stealth mode is kind of awkward and tedious.

As far as the presentation, the graphics are good but not great, and aside from a few ones which are beautiful the boss fights aren't as remarkable as they could be, the music didn't work that good for me because maybe I'm very ignorant of Japanese music but I really couldn't tell apart that a lot of tunes, which is a shame because the main composers of the previous games are here.

Even though is not that remarkable as the other FromSoftware games, is very good and better than a lot of other AAA games from another companies, I strongly recommend that if you're a FromSoftware fan check it out, and also if you are up to some challenge, is hard but not impossible and even you're almost alone in this game never forget to praise the sun.
  59. Jul 29, 2019
    Really liked the game, played it twice, at first i was struggling and almost put the game down but i continued playing and it was a lot of fun, this game really needs you to git gud, my biggest advice in playing this game is don't give up
  60. Jul 1, 2020
    Игра отличная, прошел в запой, боевка превосходная, лучшие парирования во всех соулсах
    9.5 из 10, в своем классе игра топ
  61. May 2, 2021
    Умопомрачительный геймплей и замечательная история. Игра проходится на одном дыхании. From Software, низкий поклон ❤️
  62. Sep 4, 2019
    Top de FromSoftware, gráficos y jugabilidad excelentes, un poco por debajo la banda sonora, pero un juegazo.
  63. Oct 5, 2020
    It was a great andventure ans I like gameplay and mechanichs a lot. One of a very few games that dont treat players like they are retardos
  64. Jun 19, 2020
    It is definitely a difficult game. Even though I enjoyed the whole Dark Soul series, I struggled for a few hours with the first middle boss. The final boss took two nights and three days. However, in the second through, I could defeat final boss in the third tries. Sekiro never get stronger, but I did.
  65. Apr 10, 2019
    This game is what Video Games used to be. It builds up your skill to overcome the challenges it presents. Can't wait for From Software next game implementing what they have learned from Sekiro.
  66. Jul 25, 2020
    After Bloodborne, it was a no brainer for me to buy this game. I expected it to be difficult like Bloodborne but unfortunately, I am so rusty and I found this game to be a little bit too difficult. I'm not good enough to finish the game and it will be a while until I'm ready to start again and really focus on getting the fighting mechanic on point. So many games to play so I have to keepAfter Bloodborne, it was a no brainer for me to buy this game. I expected it to be difficult like Bloodborne but unfortunately, I am so rusty and I found this game to be a little bit too difficult. I'm not good enough to finish the game and it will be a while until I'm ready to start again and really focus on getting the fighting mechanic on point. So many games to play so I have to keep it on the back burner. For its inaccessibility due to difficulty, I can only give it 8/10 for now. Expand
  67. Apr 5, 2020
    I've never played any of the Souls games, and I had no idea what I was getting into when I bought Sekiro, I just liked the artwork and it was on sale.

At its core, Sekiro is an excellent implementation of a small handful of mechanics, which feels really fun to play once you master them. I'd liken it more to something like Absolute Drift than a real RPG with progression and a compelling story. As far as difficulty, it's worth keeping in mind how incredibly low of a bar single-player difficulty is; Sekiro is still orders of magnitude easier than becoming competitive in any online fighting game, let alone the true neckbeard stuff like Starcraft II or League of Legends.

Objectively it's probably a 7 or 8, but I give it a 9 because it's just amazingly fun to me for some reason.
  68. Oct 2, 2019
    Sekiro is one in my opinion the best game of 2019. The story is a bit hard to relate to if you're not familiar with Japanese culture and history but the game's combat is where it truly shines! It's fun, challenging and incredibly satisfying. There are many different opponents and creatures to fight and they all have their own fighting styles but you don't have to learn boss patterns andSekiro is one in my opinion the best game of 2019. The story is a bit hard to relate to if you're not familiar with Japanese culture and history but the game's combat is where it truly shines! It's fun, challenging and incredibly satisfying. There are many different opponents and creatures to fight and they all have their own fighting styles but you don't have to learn boss patterns and move sets like in previous From software games. If you are generally good and persistent at the game you will win without having to remember anything, yet every encounter feels unique and different. If you like challenges and sheer fun this is the game for you! Expand
  69. Apr 9, 2019
    This game might not be for everyone, but I'm really enjoying it. The difficulty definitely requires some getting used to, but once it clicks and you understand the mechanics it makes the fights so much more enjoyable. It's one of the few recent games that rewards patience and practice very well.
  70. Aug 22, 2019
    All in all not my favorite FromSoft game but it´s definetly worth playing. Plays much different than the Souls-Series but in terms of difficulty it might be even harder.
  71. Apr 23, 2019
    Phenomenal experience! I've seen some articles complaining about difficulty but I truly think that Sekiro is one of From Software's most generous games. You have SO MANY options in combat, you can choose to fight your enemy's up close and personal, mastering the art of the parry, you can employ hit and run tactics or you can take a more cautious approach, using your shinobi tools andPhenomenal experience! I've seen some articles complaining about difficulty but I truly think that Sekiro is one of From Software's most generous games. You have SO MANY options in combat, you can choose to fight your enemy's up close and personal, mastering the art of the parry, you can employ hit and run tactics or you can take a more cautious approach, using your shinobi tools and attack skills to whittle down their health bars, tools and attack skills you can even SWITCH DURING COMBAT! Yes, you can pause during boss fights in this game. The boss keeps blocking your spear? Switch up to the firecrackers. Can't seem to block their attacks? Maybe try the umbrella shield. Can't get that doge timing right? Not a problem, you have unlimited stamina in this game, you can literally run circles around pretty much every enemy.

Sekiro is not too difficult, and worrying about how hard it is should definitely not be a reason not to buy. If you can't beat a boss or get past a certain area, trying something different, and keep trying until you are successful. Like Dark Souls and Bloodborne, overcoming seemingly insurmountable challenges is what this game is about, and finally beating it is one of the best feelings in gaming.
  72. Apr 23, 2019
    Another amazing FromSoft game. Difficult but tons of hidden lore and tidbits. Great swordplay and action as well.
  73. Apr 3, 2020
    El juego es genial, con mecánicas muy interesantes y bien logradas y exigentes que dan una gran satisfacción saber dominar.
  74. Apr 26, 2019
    Un juego excelente! dificultad variada con cada enemigo, desde los mas débiles hasta los jefes, unos gráficos impecables, una historia que se entiende a la perfección (no como los otros juegos de FromSoftware que había que investigar el lore y hacerse uno su propia historia) una total reinvención de la jugabilidad y lo mejor de todo; su tamaño es de menos de 15gb.
  75. May 2, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This wonderfully difficult game is one that I enjoyed immensely. I've been a fan of Souls games and thought I would take off like a beast, and I was wrong. The combat of Dark Souls and Bloodborne are not how this works. Sekiro became a challenge and one that I love. I came, I saw, I got slammed into Hades by an albino King Kong. I chopped his head off and... he got up and screamed me into oblivion. Over and over until I finally got the skills built up and knowledge of the match-up down. Victory felt victorious!

The fantasy shinobi atmosphere is a nice change and the FromSoft world-building without words is in full force again (show, don't tell). If the industry could use a shot of anything right now it's how to do more of this.

My only criticism is also unfortunately necessary for Sekiro to work. This is a tale, so character building and customization is pretty light, and I've always liked those options in previous FromSoft titles. There's no point in doing a run with another build without builds.

After being burnt on a recent pre-order from another company (MK11), I considered never pre-ordering a game again. I may make an exception for FromSoft.
  76. May 7, 2019
    I have finished all Fromsoftware RPG´s since Demons Souls, and Sekiro, regardless of not being a "real rpg", but a hack and slash game with litle RPG elements, maintains the quality level of previous games, with many and many dark souls elements, like the "bonfire" checkpoints and extremely hard and rewarding boss fights. It´s definetly an addictive game and will not disappoint theI have finished all Fromsoftware RPG´s since Demons Souls, and Sekiro, regardless of not being a "real rpg", but a hack and slash game with litle RPG elements, maintains the quality level of previous games, with many and many dark souls elements, like the "bonfire" checkpoints and extremely hard and rewarding boss fights. It´s definetly an addictive game and will not disappoint the Fromsoftware fans. Expand
  77. Jun 28, 2020
    Add a review here for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, or submit with only a rating...
    It's perfect
    It's improved Gameplay and story is better than other from software games
    But from some point the game become easy
    And I like bloodborne more
  78. Aug 10, 2020
    Absolutely stunning gameplay, the combat system is the best one I've played. In the rest of areas, being a great game, falls under most FROM's titles, but the combat system itself is enough of a reason to give this a 9/10.
  79. Nov 20, 2019
    Although it feels impossible time to time, the satisfaction of delivering that last deathblow is amazing! There are some missing point which i cannot fully tell, but overall it’s a great experience!
    Note: It better be played in Japanese!!
  80. Sep 28, 2019
    This game is a masterpiece.

This game is a masterpiece.

Let's talk about progression. Some people like to grind levels before tackling a boss. Some people like tackling a boss with as few levels as possible. This doesn't exist in Sekiro. There is no underleveled or overleveled. Each boss is a challenge that must be defeated by skill alone. And maybe that's what people find frustrating - to lose means you weren't good enough. The progression in Sekiro isn't in the form of levels, but your own physical skill. Your own strength, and not your character's strength, is what brings you victory. And to me, this brings me greater satisfaction than any other game I've played.

There's a a major misconception about combat. This game isn't about having god-like reflexes. Every enemy gives you ample time to react. It's about learning to read your opponent. Each attack has an appropriate counter. You see the opponent's tell, and you respond accordingly, requiring unforgiving but precise timing. More than pure reaction time, it's about identifying the opponent's next move so you can counter it. Know the enemy and know yourself.

However its virtues, the game isn't without flaws. The miniboss reskins are repetitive, and there aren't a great many number of bosses. Getting each of the 4 endings becomes a chore rather than an enjoyable experience. Once you've platted the game, there's little reason to continue playing unless you're attempting a charmless and/or demon bell run. After the first playthrough, breezing through each boss shows you just how much you've improved, but each subsequent playthrough loses the thrill of beating each boss for the first time.

Yet despite its flaws, I've never had a more profound dopamine rush playing a single player game. I'm torn between 9 and 10. This game is probably the best game I've ever played, and yet even if it is, can a game with such glaring flaws be a 10? Does an imperfect 10 exist?
  81. Apr 3, 2020
    This game worth all of your effort, time and money.
    If you like stuff like Dark Souls where all that you feel through the game is deep pain and you love it.. don't wait, just buy it.
  82. Apr 16, 2020
    Для фромов это новый уровень, сюжет, катсцены, управление, боевка, конечно далеко до прошлогоднего оскароносца бога войны, но фромы определённо взяли новую планку
  83. Nov 16, 2020
    Una obra maestra como las que nos tiene acostumbrado from software . Sekiro fue una inovación de from software que le coloca a mi parecer como el segundo de la empresa ( Solo por debajo de dark souls ) . El gameplay de sekiro es maravilloso , sistema de combate simple pero desafiante , la mecánica del gancho es utilizada en los combates de una manera muy interesante . Cada combate enUna obra maestra como las que nos tiene acostumbrado from software . Sekiro fue una inovación de from software que le coloca a mi parecer como el segundo de la empresa ( Solo por debajo de dark souls ) . El gameplay de sekiro es maravilloso , sistema de combate simple pero desafiante , la mecánica del gancho es utilizada en los combates de una manera muy interesante . Cada combate en sekiro se puede hacer de muchísimas formas diferentes gracias al sigilo y a la verticalidad de los escenarios que nos permite enfrentar el juego de mil formas diferentes . El sigilo de Sekiro es un assasins creed bien hecho . Los enemigos son muy fuertes y puedes enfrentarte a ellos de cara ( no muy recomendado para primerizos ) o con sigilo asesinandolos de 1 golpe . El diseño de niveles esta magnificamente logrado , poseen verticalidad y en algunos casos estos cambian . En cuanto a los jefes son variados y muy bien diseñados , aparte de que son muy difíciles y para vencerlos puedes usar la mecánica del gancho o las habilidades de la prótesis . buen trabajo miyazaki :,) Expand
  84. Nov 18, 2019
    Juegazo aunque algunos enemigos que eran jefes se repiten :v pero es lo de menos aunque si hubiera preferido que se pudiese crear tu personaje
  85. Nov 26, 2019
    Me ha encantado, he sufrido mucho con algunos jefes finales pero después de morir 20 veces al combatir con ciertos jefes y aprenderte sus movimientos, surge una verdadera danza se espadas, es muy satisfactorio y además va muy fino, no me he podido despegar del mando
  86. Nov 21, 2019
    Just because the simple yet revolutionary gameplay, it merits a 10!it never gets boring
  87. Dec 1, 2019
    The best game from "from soft". The only problem is that the game is a little confusing in some parts and you don't know what should you do, staying a little lost.
  88. Nov 12, 2020
    this game is more addictive than any From Software game . It's very difficult and takes some time to master but once you do it's a lot of fun. The only thing I don't like about Darkbornkiro games is it's very hard to play other video games without falling asleep. I seriously need a week or two before I can even try to play a game from another company.
  89. Dec 28, 2019
    Un excelente juego de parte de FromSoft. Las mecanicas de combate estan muy pulidas y es muy satisfactorio hacer contrataques. La dificultad es desafiante pero no imposible. La direccion de arte es bellísim al igual que la saga Souls. Ademas posee una historia muy buena y con personajes entrañables.

Lo unico malo que le veo es que en algunas ocasiones la camara se desvía y la hit box falla con algunos enemigos que se mueven muy rápido
  90. Aug 9, 2020
    FromSoft sempre trazendo jogos maravilhosos e irritantes com suas dificuldades, ainda acredito em nos fornecerem acesso a escolhas de dificuldades dentro do jogo. Entretanto, jogo com uma arte, sonoplastia e narrativa fora do comum, me impressionou em todos os aspectos, mas era de se esperar, afinal o jogo é da FromSoft, criadora de Demon's Souls, Dark Souls e Bloodborne, só poderia sairFromSoft sempre trazendo jogos maravilhosos e irritantes com suas dificuldades, ainda acredito em nos fornecerem acesso a escolhas de dificuldades dentro do jogo. Entretanto, jogo com uma arte, sonoplastia e narrativa fora do comum, me impressionou em todos os aspectos, mas era de se esperar, afinal o jogo é da FromSoft, criadora de Demon's Souls, Dark Souls e Bloodborne, só poderia sair coisa boa mesmo. Expand
  91. Aug 17, 2020
    Positive aspects
    +Gameplay
    +World Design
    +Boss Fight

Negative asionsspects
    -Mini boss fights repeat too much
    -Storytelling not good

Neutral
    It's game not for everyone
  92. Mar 20, 2020
    One of the best action game of the generation. The visual and the combat system are both simply amazing.
  93. May 5, 2020
    Before starting my review, I want to put into context that I have played and beaten Demon's Souls, every Dark Souls, Bloodborne as well Nioh; and Sekiro is by far the most difficult of these games by quite a large margin.

Sekiro takes the 'Souls' formula and puts a twist on it by changing up the focus to add in stealth as well as a more aggressive combat system that's based around parrying and countering, rather than timed dodges. It's a very difficult change to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes very rewarding. However; Sekiro is the first time that I felt that From Software pushed the envelope too far in terms of difficulty. There are a number of bosses in this game that can feel completely ridiculous to the point where it's no longer fun and becomes impossibly hard. The game also has a bad habit at times of surrounding a mini-boss with tough enemies that are hard to isolate and ends ups feeling difficult because you're facing multiple foes in a combat system designed for one-on-one combat. The game's punishment for dying can be too severe, which is taking away half of your XP and money. Unlike the Souls games, you cannot go back to where you died to regain your loses and are instead at the mercy of the 'Unseen Aid' system which has a 30% chance of taking away the death penalty. This percentage goes down after repeat deaths unless you use a certain consumable item.

This sounds like a massive flaw, which at times it is, but the core gameplay and exploration is sublime. When you finally start to 'get' Sekiro, the game becomes incredibly fun and even when you're stuck on a tricky boss you usually have multiple areas to explore. Thankfully, this is well worth your time as exploration is rewarded with items that will make your gameplay experience much smoother. Now more than ever, exploration is rewarding and essential.

The stealth system is great too. The game throws you a bone and most mini-bosses can be made much easier by sneaking in a stealth blow, taking away a significant amount of health. This turns some battles into a bit of a puzzle. The challenge becomes finding a way to take out any enemies in sight and finding a safe sneaking path to the boss. When you pull this off it gives you the true feeling of being a shinobi.

Sekiro has some of the most ridiculous brick walls you will ever hit in a game, but when you force yourself to learn the game and its intricacies, it becomes massively rewarding. It also has great replay value since 'new game plus' allows you to shoot for different endings and easily speed-run the game and rush to the best parts.
  94. May 7, 2020
    Super hard, but it is so super rewarding when you win it is worth it. Great graphics and gameplay as well.
  95. Aug 13, 2020
    Good combat yyeyeueueyueyehsusisjsjjsjshshsysyshhshsh hambúrguer inteiro de filosofia
  96. Jun 21, 2020
    This is a must play game for any fan of tight, and precis game-play, a friend told me that this is the best rhythm game and once I got into the flow of combat, I understood what they were saying.
  97. Jun 18, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assim como Dark Souls, as pessoas que iniciam o jogo normalmente só esperam um jogo desafiador e mais nada, sem uma história bem construída e um jogo bom por trás em si. Sekiro prova que este pensamento está extremamente errado, entregando emoção e diversão do início ao fim.
    Apesar de existirem alguns problemas técnicos individuais, eu não diria que eles atrapalham o seu jogo em si. Com ou sem eles, a sua experiência continua sendo maravilhosa.
    De qualquer forma, devo dar ênfase aos bosses desse jogo. Apesar de alguns chefes como o Guardian Ape e Folding Screen Monkeys, no geral, a qualidade e dificuldade de bosses como Sword Saint Isshin, Great Shinobi Owl e Genichiro Ashina são impecáveis, dando uma ênfase incrível a cada vez que você quebra a postura de um inimigo e dando o incrível golpe Deathblow.
    A duração do jogo é realmente agradável, contando com mais de 25 horas de jogo, sem contar o NG+, no qual eu fui até o +8.
    Eu diria que este é um dos melhores jogos da geração, podendo ser comparado com jogos sensacionais como Bloodborne e até mesmo The Last of Us. Merecidamente conquistou o Game of The Year assim como conquistou os corações da grande maioria das pessoas que jogaram.
    Todos devem jogar Sekiro, e eu o considero os 230 reais mais bem gastos da minha vida, os 230 reais que me apresentaram à série Soulsborne.
  98. Jun 26, 2020
    The best From game since Bloodborne. This game's structure is similar to the souls games, but the combat system is completely different. It takes a lot to get accustomed to it but it gets a lot easier the further you go. Ironically, I probably died more times to the Ashina Spears miniboss then to the Final boss of the game. Also I don't like the forced NG+ mechanic. It was better in DS3The best From game since Bloodborne. This game's structure is similar to the souls games, but the combat system is completely different. It takes a lot to get accustomed to it but it gets a lot easier the further you go. Ironically, I probably died more times to the Ashina Spears miniboss then to the Final boss of the game. Also I don't like the forced NG+ mechanic. It was better in DS3 and BB. This just feels like a f*ck you to the completitionists. Expand
  99. Jun 19, 2020
    Nice game, really challenging. I will be buying whatever From software makes now on. I only got two endings so far. The only thing I do not liked is the grinding.
  100. Sep 4, 2020
    This was my first "Souls" game but I got it because it seemed really fun a year after it's release and it was cool! I liked how it wasn't strictly a "reduce the boss' health to zero" type game because of the posture system that bit only rewarded you for skill but also offered up a new branch of gameplay if you didn't like chipping away at health nonstop. I'd definitely recommend this forThis was my first "Souls" game but I got it because it seemed really fun a year after it's release and it was cool! I liked how it wasn't strictly a "reduce the boss' health to zero" type game because of the posture system that bit only rewarded you for skill but also offered up a new branch of gameplay if you didn't like chipping away at health nonstop. I'd definitely recommend this for third person action adventure lovers. Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 76 Critic Reviews

1. May 15, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an enjoyable, yet deeply challenging game. It's not really a Dark Souls with samurais game, but whether or not you enjoyed the difficulty level of the battles in Dark Souls will be a good benchmark in gauging how much you'll like Sekiro. If you're persistent, up for a challenge, and don't become frustrated easily, then Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an easy game to recommend.
  2. Apr 28, 2019
    Though Sekiro feels impossibly hard at times, the level of euphoria you experience when delivering a death blow to a tricky boss or when you finally clear a castle grounds of all enemies is almost unparalleled.
  3. Apr 27, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice succeeds in its incredibly visceral combat and stealth all while being set in an engaging game world. However, its linear character growth options and repetitive combat begin to dull the experience after you get over the initial hump.