8.1

1. Mar 24, 2019
    FromSoft tends to be the only studio that I'll actually pre-order from, and I did with Sekiro. Long-time fan of the ridiculous difficulty, Demon Souls (closely followed by Bloodborne) is my favourite game of all time, and I love dark souls too.

Sekiro is a bit of a different bag. It's a good game, the movement is fun, as are the ninja tools, and the stealth is well integrated into the general gameplay - and particularly with minibosses. However, I think this will be the first FromSoft game I don't try to platinum. Mainly because I don't think I'll play through it more than once.

The bosses are not so much difficult as long, everything has lots of health and the classic secret third phase is thrown into the mix too. Remember fighting those demons in DS3 expansion, when they morph into an even bigger demon when they die... well it's that. The frustration of Nameless King's second phase where it takes so long to get to it. None of this I'd mind on its own, except you don't get to build a character anymore.

You can earn experience and unlock skills, but these don't really change your fighting prowess the way maxing a quality build would, or getting a new weapon. Upgrades (at least in terms of damage) are contingent on defeating bosses, so again sometimes you smash against a brick-wall of difficulty, but can't go off and build your character to come back stronger. You just hit it again and again. Obvs, with no co-op this also rules out that as a way to overcome a particularly **** boss (looking at you Fume Knight from DS2).

The world is good, the story is much less subtle but I guess that's fine given there is an actual narrative, but with no new builds to try, and no desire to fight some of the bosses again, I think I'll be putting it down when I'm done and playing through one of the others again.

Fingers crossed for Blooborne 2!
  2. Mar 25, 2019
    I wanted to like Sekiro, I REALLY did. I love the Souls-Borne series of games, and I think that was my first mistake when jumping headfirst into Sekiro. First and foremost, Sekiro is not a souls game.

Sekiro shares many similarities with the Souls games, but Sekiro is a whole new beast. Gone are the days of leaving messages for other players. Gone are the days of other players for that matter, as Sekiro is only a solo experience. That aspect does not bother me so much as I prefer single player experiences anyways.

In the Souls-Borne series if I ran into a frustrating situation there was always an option of going back and doing some grinding to help level up in an effort to conquer the roadblock in my way. After finally getting past those roadblocks there was an immense feeling of accomplishment. I find the bosses in Sekiro are so frustrating that I leave feeling defeated and have no drive to continue. And with no leveling up of your character, and no gear to swap out and try, there is no motivation to continue bashing my head against the wall.

Sekiro is a beautiful game aesthetically speaking, but the frustration outweighs the beauty. It feels like FromSoft took the difficulty aspect of the Souls-Borne series and cranked it to 11 just for the sake of making it difficult. Sneaking around like a ninja and picking off the "trash" mobs feels like that is what the game was supposed to be. Realizing that the bosses needed to be challenging it feels like FromSoft overcompensated and crossed that line which separates difficult-fun and difficult-frustrating.

There is good to be found here, do not get me wrong. Sekiro is a beautiful game with tight controls. The frustration found in the game overshadow everything Sekiro does well. The one thing a game should always be is fun. For me, this is where Sekiro fails, it becomes so frustrating that it is no longer fun.

There are going to be plenty who do not agree with me. And that is ok. This is just my honest opinion, my honest review. I really, REALLY, wanted to like Sekiro. The only other game I am looking forward to as much as Sekiro is Cyberpunk 2077, and it saddens me to think how disappointed I am with Sekiro.

If you go into Sekiro expecting a souls-like experience, you will be sorely disappointed.
  3. Mar 22, 2019
    I was definitely sure it would be a great game. From Software never fails. I took a few hours to play and that's what I expected. I am in heaven ! Everything is amazing.
    Great atmosphere, graphics and story. You can fell the soul of previous games. I was really missing this world a lot. Finally got it.
    Thank you FromSoftware once again ! You're the best in the world
  4. Mar 22, 2019
    Im amazed how much different this game is compared to other Fromsoftware games but it still has that nice and satisfying essence of souls game in it. Just buy and enjoy this masterpiece.
  5. Mar 22, 2019
    This game is a masterpiece...graphics are ok but gameplay wise this is a great experience... The whole posture mechanic set the difficulty bar over the top. A must have.
  6. Mar 22, 2019
    Game of the year!!
    A perfect accompaniment to the SoulsBorne series, with plenty of unique ideas of its own and some of the best combat of the generation.
  7. Mar 22, 2019
    Another masterpiece from From Software. Epic gameplay and new revolution from dark souls.

Ingore the casual players rating this masterpiece whit 0-6....
  8. Mar 22, 2019
    Top notch From Software release! Easily entitled for Game of the Year 2019! Sekiro is Rich it's Exciting and it's New. You can feel the soulsborne in the backbone, but everything else is stripped away and made new. Especially new movement, environmental exploration and freedom is so much fun to do and in combat it really works and gives you choices! Combat is fluid, challenging and itTop notch From Software release! Easily entitled for Game of the Year 2019! Sekiro is Rich it's Exciting and it's New. You can feel the soulsborne in the backbone, but everything else is stripped away and made new. Especially new movement, environmental exploration and freedom is so much fun to do and in combat it really works and gives you choices! Combat is fluid, challenging and it forces you to learn all the tricks of trade and implement your new skills in various different ways. Difficulty of the game feels similar to all soulsborne games, it's hard and sometimes feels impossible, but after trying and learning your enemies you will overcome and it's rewarding as always! Anyone looking for good action game and especially if you love soulsborne games Sekiro is your choice! 10/10 Expand
  9. Mar 22, 2019
    Where have I been? I was sad they had no plans for another Dark Souls, but this is pretty much another spiritual sequel that look pretty cool
    The way i see it. This game can go far and the way you play... ok
  10. Mar 25, 2019
    Beware the overrating from Critics. Try before you buy is my advice. I'm a long time lover of the souls and bloodborne series. I beat them all (except demonsouls - but I will if they ever remaster it) so I'm not bad at them. Unfortunately it was like Fromsoft decided to stick it to us long time players and reverse everything you learned from dying over the years. This game takes fastBeware the overrating from Critics. Try before you buy is my advice. I'm a long time lover of the souls and bloodborne series. I beat them all (except demonsouls - but I will if they ever remaster it) so I'm not bad at them. Unfortunately it was like Fromsoft decided to stick it to us long time players and reverse everything you learned from dying over the years. This game takes fast reflexes and a lot of motivation to push through the many, many deaths before you unlearn and relearn what you need to survive. It is punishingly difficult with lightning reflexes and perfect timing required (no mistakes or your dead). The world and story are not really doing anything for me, which is what I always loved about the past games. They always had you guessing what the next level/world would be. This one is all Feudal Japan all the time and I do not care about Japanese history. I didn't in college and I still don't. So the verticality of the game that everyone is praising is overrated. The grappling hook mechanics work okay, but only in the spots the game lets you use it. The jump and grab ledge mechanic is so slow and terribly inconsistent (needs fixing badly). While hanging from a ledge my natural instinct is to hit the jump to jump up, but no you have to push grab button again (why?). If you are new to Fromsoft games, you actually might be better equipped than longtime players, but you will likely lose interest after the 50th death to the same early bosses. If you are determined you will persevere or have a lucky run (even the blind hog finds an acorn except with a lot of skill needed even to get lucky). This game is super frustrating without the fun and mystery of previous Fromsoft games to keep me going. Not sure why everyone is going on about this game. Gluttons for punishment apparently. Expand
  11. Mar 22, 2019
    I really want to like this game, because i been buying the other from games for years now, i really really want it... but i cant. I will say that this game is not horrible, and if you like parries and quicktime events this is your game, but for the same reasons is not my game.
    I think that in trying to create a game that emulate a sword fight from didn't see the lack of variation, because in every death you deal you will be seing the same quicktime animation (over and over and over) and even if the graphics are great and it seems an interesting tale, if the main character is not appealling you lose a lot, in this last point i cant identify why the character is so dull to me, maybe is a mix of reasons but is my personal opinion.
    The last point is that sekiro has very beautiful graphics, good sound effects and music, the movement in the map is very creative, but the way the game deals with combat, character personalities and AI of enemies doesn´t convince me, i hope they change this game for better in the next patches, as they did with DS2.
  12. Mar 22, 2019
    It's a good game, but not as good as the proper Souls games. Just lacks the atmosphere and its combat is a bit too mashy as well.
  13. Mar 23, 2019
    First of all, no game is ever a 10 or a 0. For those of you giving either of those ratings, its for some other reason unrelated to the game. You are either a fanatic of From Soft who cannot objectively rate their game, or you are currently raging or just hate the game for not being exactly like souls.

So, Sekiro. If you took all the good parts out of Nioh ( The loot, outfits,

So, Sekiro. If you took all the good parts out of Nioh ( The loot, outfits, customization, build system and weapon variety ) and no, the combat in Nioh wasn't that great. It was just a bad clone of Dark Souls. Then, you took all the good parts out of Dark Souls ( Solid combat system, the lore, variety of weapons, variety of armor, and a good build system )

Afterwards, you take whats left of both. For Dark Souls its the level designs(shortcuts etc) , the estus flasks, fire keepers, bonfires, and the feel of the cut scenes and art work. For Nioh its the forced item usage and similar art style. You take those aspects and shove them into one game with a garbage combat system that is not quite Dark Souls and not quite Nioh. A system that requires you to respond rather than be offensive. Combat is basically boiled down to a Press X for sweep attack, press L1 for parry, Press O to side step...and use prosthetic arm.

You do not get to choose the style of combat or how you will fight. Follow their style, or die. Do not think for yourself and respond how they want you to, or die.

Play how they want you to, or you are going to have a bad experience. If you are OK with that, then you will probably enjoy the game. I am not. it is not what I came to expect from From Soft.

I am severely disappointed in this game. I had looked forward to it for a long time and I only do that for a very few developers. Literally 2.

Oh well. I truly hope people find enjoyment in this game. It just is not fun for me, unfortunately.
  14. Mar 23, 2019
    Honest review here, if you are a fan of 'finish and forget' streamlined action games with short life span ( less than 50 hours of gameplay) dont read.

1 ) Combat system is barebone, one attack button, one block button. That's it.. No depth which leads to very repetitive gameplay. No varied movesets, dumbed down and minimal skill tree for an action/rpg, can only have one skill at a time, very few combos, uninteresting bosses and enemies that feel copy pasted with different skins.

2) No weapons, no armours, no customization, no variety, ultra simple game mechanics for anyone to grasp within 5 minutes

3) No coop, no PVP, nothing that can sustain the game's interest beyond the first playthrough unless you are truly a die hard fan who wants to see the different endings in a game where the story is totally optional and there because it has to be there.

4) Bad optimization on many PCs

Conclusion : a good Ubisoft like "Finish and Forget" action game with good atmosphere and level design. But a terrible game from FromSoft point of view, a dev that that set a standard with previous Souls games in terms of gameplay quality and depth as well as game replayability and lifespan.
  15. Mar 22, 2019
    The real deal review. The atmosphere is nothing less than true From Software design, veterans of the souls series will see this right away. Here is where the typical From Software title differs from this one. This game is a mix of repetitive "quick time" attacks. Press LB to block, then press RB to attack. You will grow tired of seeing the same choreographed "death blows" over and overThe real deal review. The atmosphere is nothing less than true From Software design, veterans of the souls series will see this right away. Here is where the typical From Software title differs from this one. This game is a mix of repetitive "quick time" attacks. Press LB to block, then press RB to attack. You will grow tired of seeing the same choreographed "death blows" over and over and over. I feel no real attachment to the main protagonist he seems an empty vessel with no real personality. The Shinobi arm is very gimmicky as the shuriken attack does a less than a 1/10th damage and will be blocked 90 percent of the time. So it works like this, block and then continue to block some more.. then attack. Once you have blocked enough attacks they will stutter and you get a quick time kill move. That's it.. that's the whole premise. Keep your 60 bucks, this is nothing more than a "casual" cash grab. Those calling this game a "masterpiece" clearly don't know the difference between an intuitive rewarding control scheme and flashy auto attacks that make you feel like you are having fun. But in reality, you are only pressing two buttons. Expand
  16. Mar 24, 2019
    If this was a EA/BioWare game it’d be getting 3/4 out 10. Sekiro has no customisations, it’s basically 2 click attack, which is mostly just spamming the attack button, a broken parry system, that only works sometimes, which is typical for from software games, a grapple that just plain annoying at times, maybe the worst ai in gaming history, still trying figure how you can land multipleIf this was a EA/BioWare game it’d be getting 3/4 out 10. Sekiro has no customisations, it’s basically 2 click attack, which is mostly just spamming the attack button, a broken parry system, that only works sometimes, which is typical for from software games, a grapple that just plain annoying at times, maybe the worst ai in gaming history, still trying figure how you can land multiple “deathblows” when you think it’d only take one, horrible clunky combat, with slow unresponsive character movement, but the souls, bloodborne fan boy brigade would give anything released by from software a 10/10, this will easily be 2019 most overrated piece of pure trash. It’s basically a poor mans version of dark souls. Expand
  17. Mar 25, 2019
    Step back of souls-like genre. There are no epic and beautiful bosses, you can't change weapon and choose your characteristics, you can't avoid attacks as in DS. That is not fun game. It's boring and tiring. Worst game of From Software.
  18. Mar 25, 2019
    Remember people love Witcher 3 and trash talk about Witcher 1 especially the combat?

Now here, Sekiro has revived that rhyme pattern combat and suddenly it's not only acceptable but well received? If this were a game made by other company, bet it'd get something like 7 from reviewers. The game also has a short invincible frame like Nioh rather than souls. So you're looking for

The game also has a short invincible frame like Nioh rather than souls. So you're looking for Witcher 1 x Nioh hybrid with much less varieties, this game might be for you. Otherwises, it plain sucks.
  19. Mar 22, 2019
    I 100% understand the team is wanting to branch out and try something new. I 100% understand this is in no way a spiritual successor to DS. However, if you want to make a totally new game that isn't tied to ypur other series.....DON'T LITERALLY MAKE ANOTHER DS GAME WITH MISSING KEY FEATURES!!!

This is litetally Nioh with all the RPG and loot elements ripped out. It feels EXACTLY like a Souls game while having none of the elements we expect. You can die in 3 hits...check, you have enemies that are "normal" and enemies that are "supernatural"...check, you have some massively disadvantageous cimbat system weighing against the player....check, you have the same graphics (albeit way prettier)...same weird camera angles for cutscenes...same weird voice acting, same movement system (not talking about the new jump and grappling mechanics), same "look, a long hallway, road, room, etc. with some generic adds to fight on my way to a miniboss/boss that will inevitably be massivly overpowered yet after dying 10+ times, i'll figure out his pattern and i'll be able to do it with a zweihander whist in my loincloth.....except that's impossible because you can't change his BLOODY BROWN BLAND COSTUME OR SWORD!"

I dont care if it isn't a Souls game......I'm super happy with the whole "no stamina" thing, actually, But give me armor/fashion elements and something other than that generic sword. Nion, at least, gave you stance changes. He's supposed to be a shinobi and, other than the totally fictional mech arm, at no point does he feel like a shinobi.

This "feels" like a Souls game but bland AF. If you want me to acknowledge your new game as not part of the Souls series and acknowledge you're doing something different.....dont give me a game that's half TenchuSouls, half Nioh and strip all the RPG and character customization from the game and say "totally new game...nothing like DS"

I had no idea this wasn't another SoulsLike game until I found out it had no RPG/customization. It feels, in every way, EXACTLY liie a Souls game.....yet Reddit is booming with all these toolbags saying "it's not a Souls game, stop comparing it". HOW IS IT NOT??!! Simply because they said the words "this isn't a Souls game"? You can't put cloths on a dog and say "it wears cloths...must be human"....no....it's just a dog in cloths. This is 100% a Souls game with 75% of what makes a Souls game addictive ripped out of it and then "slight of hand....look over here" somehow magically not a Souls game. Combats the EXACT same with slight new features (DS has block/shields, Bloodborne has gun parry, Sekiro has timed counter parry and jump, all three have the exact same dodge system), all three have the EXACT same difficulty "feel", same formula (adds to miniboss to boss), same estus flask, same generic items that do just about the same things, same praying at the alter/statue/etc. which restores estus and all the enemies, same home base you keep returning to to "level up"

It's a DS game they left out the RPG/custimization from, they changed less than 40% of the formula. If you say otherwise, you're wrong.....if you say it "feels different than a DS game" you're wrong (besides the glaring difference....no stamina and there's a grappling hook)

IT'S
  20. Mar 22, 2019
    Game is still not skill based combat but really finding and learning the pattern to simply piece together the puzzle type of game. It is much like World of Tanks where 'studying' is vital than one's skills.

Game it self has no improvement. If you really liked souls series, you'll probably like this one since there aren't any alternatives. With souls series fans' unconditional continuous support, From will make no improvement.
  21. Mar 24, 2019
    This feels like the game FromSoft should've made BEFORE Demon's Souls. An average, rough-around-the-edges project with a sparkle of potential, but it's not, it's their newest game. It is severely lacking content and features compared to previous titles, and a narrative seems to have developed where comparing Sekiro to Dark Souls or Bloodborne is taboo. Thing is, it IS Dark Souls, all theThis feels like the game FromSoft should've made BEFORE Demon's Souls. An average, rough-around-the-edges project with a sparkle of potential, but it's not, it's their newest game. It is severely lacking content and features compared to previous titles, and a narrative seems to have developed where comparing Sekiro to Dark Souls or Bloodborne is taboo. Thing is, it IS Dark Souls, all the major hallmarks are there, but with a different coat of paint. You have shrines instead of bonfires, but they serve the same purpose. Enemies respawn if you die or rest, even the item descriptions and the wording of those descriptions is almost identical to items from Dark Souls or Bloodborne. Comparison is inevitable and it works to Sekiro's detriment as it simply does not measure up.

What I absolutely despise about this game is the extreme narrow approach to play style. You have one weapon, a few gadgets that serve VERY specific purposes and some special moves, none of which have been terribly effective so far. I'll admit I never really got "gud" at the Souls games, I enjoyed playing them with my friends, I enjoyed co-op, strength builds, miracles, playing my character my way. But not Sekiro, oh no. You must parry. It is the only way to play the game. I've never been a big fan of parrying, the PVP community from the Souls games absolutely soured me on the whole mechanic. I think it's cheap, dishonest and essentially shuts out any alternative styles.
    Sekiro suffers from it's lack of leveling up. In Dark Souls, if you were struggling, you could grind a bit, increase your health or your strength or pump your spells a little more. You could upgrade your weapon, or try a different one. Sekiro has no options. One build, one weapon, one technique, rinse and repeat. It's dull, it's not challenging it's just tedious, more about rote memorisation and pattern recognition than adapting.
    Plus, the game doesn't play by its own rules. Early on, I came across a...mini-boss maybe? A big samurai guy that needs TWO death blows to kill. I figured I could get the first one with a sneak attack, and after trying and failing a couple times to fight him face to face I thought I'd just grapple away, wait for him to stop aggroing and sneak attack him again for the second deathblow. But no. He regenerates completely. The game has just said "No, play it OUR way". Even though Wolf is a sneaky shinobi man who uses trickery and subterfuge, except don't use trickery or subterfuge, just parry you scrub.

So that's why I'm giving Parry Souls: Shadows Parry Twice a 4/10. This might be a 5 or 6/10 if it was a different studio, but FromSoft can do and have done better. This is a step in the wrong direction for them. I refuse to praise this stripping away of content and options as "trying something new". New isn't always good.
  22. Mar 23, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Making a game hard does not make it good.
    Some games are good DESPITE being hard.

Sekiro is a good game overall but it's finished with piss.

The ambience is great and the difficulty is high, and the fights are somehow rewarding, like in DS.
    However, if you're not good enough the first levels, the game puts you in a deadlock.

I died multiple time trying to hone my skills, because I was willing to get this game better.
    By fighting one of the first bosses with clever use of fire tools, I realized these consumables slowly got depleted after each of my rebirth, with got me at 0 charge and made the already tough bass impossible for me to beat.
    The only way to by these are with money, and dying removes your cash.

So when your only option to progress is to start another game, that's when you realize this game is just broken.

I know I'm not the best at these kind of games, but I'm not a dimwit either, and after spending 70€, feeling the game spit at my face just makes me want to puke.
  23. Apr 30, 2019
    Worse Dark Souls, not interesting to explore the location, in fact there is no loot and pumping. DMC at maximum speed
  24. Mar 22, 2019
    Juego sobrevalorado, con mucho marketing, hay gente que ni siquiera lo jugará y lo pone como la octava maravilla solo por el marketing. La verdad que este juego no me ha gustado, su parkour es horrible, la animación de salto equive es malisima. La verdad que esta muy sobrevalorado
  25. Mar 22, 2019
    I dont care if it isn't a Souls game...I'm super happy with the whole "no stamina" thing, actually, But give me armor/fashion elements and something other than that generic sword. Nion, at least, gave you stance changes. He's supposed to be a shinobi and, other than the totally fictional mech arm, at no point does he feel like a shinobi
  26. Dec 2, 2019
    200hrs+ in, and I can say Sekiro is From at it's finest. It's awesome how one studio can keep a formula for so long, bringing actual innovations on each new game. The game's is super tight, and the combat is SO SATISFYING. Bosses are few compared to other Souls entries, but really unique. The world is just plain beautiful, and I don't even need to say anything about the soundtrack because200hrs+ in, and I can say Sekiro is From at it's finest. It's awesome how one studio can keep a formula for so long, bringing actual innovations on each new game. The game's is super tight, and the combat is SO SATISFYING. Bosses are few compared to other Souls entries, but really unique. The world is just plain beautiful, and I don't even need to say anything about the soundtrack because FromSoftware.

Sekiro and Bloodborne are the reason I vouch for any new IP from these guys. Keep 'em comin'.
  27. Aug 8, 2020
    The most intuitive gameplay ever created. Once you learn the mechanics, it has the most natural and visceral flow. The art and aesthetics are beautiful in HDR. The samurai aesthetic is just icing on the cake. I am so glad to see FromSoftware continue to push the envelope with such engaging and innovative design. Bravo.
  28. Sep 14, 2019
    Los nuevo de From Software llega con un tono diferente pero familiar.

Se abandona la personalización de personajes para ofrecernos una historia más desarrollada con nombres y apellidos. La primera toma de contacto es asequible, pero poco a poco todo se complica por la exigencia de entender el combate y como funciona este. Bloqueo, deflect, ataque imbloqueable, estocada, mekiri,
    Los nuevo de From Software llega con un tono diferente pero familiar.

La primera toma de contacto es asequible, pero poco a poco todo se complica por la exigencia de entender el combate y como funciona este. Bloqueo, deflect, ataque imbloqueable, estocada, mekiri, barrido, agarre,..
    Entender todo esto de primeras es abrumador, pero cuanto mas juegues mas entenderas y más disfrutaras el combate. El cual es muy satisfactorio y mucho más directo que en los Souls.

Los escenarios pueden pecar de falta de originalidad al encontrase todos en una misma región, y el ligero folclore que se añade tampoco llega a crear una gran diferencia.

Posiblemente sea el juego más exigente del estudio. Aunque no creo que sea necesariamente el mejor.
  29. Apr 26, 2019
    This is first and foremost a From Software title. What it is not is a Soul Borne game. This is the mistake that most people are making going in to this game. This game is a credit to how good the developers at From Software really are. They have made genre that has set a standard in the gaming industry that most hardcore gamer's have come to respect. Sekiro is proof that the developersThis is first and foremost a From Software title. What it is not is a Soul Borne game. This is the mistake that most people are making going in to this game. This game is a credit to how good the developers at From Software really are. They have made genre that has set a standard in the gaming industry that most hardcore gamer's have come to respect. Sekiro is proof that the developers don't have to keep making the same kind of game to make a good game. Sekiro has the difficulty of a Souls game and a few other of its traits but for the most part it is it's own thing. It sets out to be a trying test of your skills and patience Samurai game and it does it 100% ! Sekiro is set in dark war torn Japan that is very realistic with a touch of fantasy thrown in. In that it is still a very beautiful fully realized world. It aims to test your skills at every turn, which it does very well. This is the kind of game when you take out a mob or kill a mini boss you feel as if you have just conquered something great. If you have patience and the want to be pushed to your limit Sekiro is for you. When you come out on the other side you can actually feel proud because you have accomplished something that so many will give up on. Prepare to not have your hand held! Expand
  30. VTL
    Sep 24, 2019
    This is From Software !!!! No soy objetivo en este juego, es from software, todo se ha de comprar... lo siento jejeje.
    PD: Es un gran juego objetivamente, no dificil, exigente en mecanicas.
  31. Jun 13, 2019
    This game is awesome. You really have to learn how to approach a battle and it feels amazing when you finally defeat the bosses, your heart rate skyrocket. I recommend it if you are willing to spend hours learning and dying but after some time mastering the moves and facing strong enemies without any fear.
  32. Aug 22, 2020
    Прекрасная игра.... как и все игры от Миядзаки. Особенно на фоне всеокружающего шлака от EA и ей подобных.
  33. XV_
    Apr 18, 2019
    Is hard to give a review to Sekiro because it has a lot of background behind and is difficult to not think about Souls or Bloodborne, but in the end, as bloodborne did in its own way, Sekiro is its own thing and is really good.

Everything feels familiar but it plays and tells its story very different than its cousins, the combat is great and makes you feel like the previous games lack in that department but for me the story and its characters never grew to the heights of other FromSoftware games, although I was very reluctant to feel sympathy for its main protagonist, in the end I was happy to be at his side.

The game gives you different difficulty settings in a very cryptic way as always, I played the harder mode and there's also a stealth mode which is the "easier" but slower mode, once you understand that you will prefer to dash through enemies and go berserk, because the stealth mode is kind of awkward and tedious.

As far as the presentation, the graphics are good but not great, and aside from a few ones which are beautiful the boss fights aren't as remarkable as they could be, the music didn't work that good for me because maybe I'm very ignorant of Japanese music but I really couldn't tell apart that a lot of tunes, which is a shame because the main composers of the previous games are here.

Even though is not that remarkable as the other FromSoftware games, is very good and better than a lot of other AAA games from another companies, I strongly recommend that if you're a FromSoftware fan check it out, and also if you are up to some challenge, is hard but not impossible and even you're almost alone in this game never forget to praise the sun.
  34. Jul 29, 2019
    Really liked the game, played it twice, at first i was struggling and almost put the game down but i continued playing and it was a lot of fun, this game really needs you to git gud, my biggest advice in playing this game is don't give up
  35. Aug 4, 2019

Hikâyenin düzgün anlatılmaması haricinde bol boss savaşı, vuruş hissiyatı, keşif, boss savaslarından sonra yaşadığımız tatmin hissiyati, oynanış çeşitliliği gibi ögeler Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice'ı harika bir oyun yapıyor.
  36. Sep 4, 2019
    Top de FromSoftware, gráficos y jugabilidad excelentes, un poco por debajo la banda sonora, pero un juegazo.
  37. Oct 5, 2020
    It was a great andventure ans I like gameplay and mechanichs a lot. One of a very few games that dont treat players like they are retardos
  38. Jun 27, 2020
    Игра просто бомба))) но очень сложная но я серовно получил кайф и платину))))
  39. Jul 22, 2020
    Sekiro: Shadows die twice is by far the best game Fromsoftware ever released. In terms of combat, this game introduces a new level of how combat in video games should be. the combat is fair and satisfying and challenging at the same time. the game is beautiful but not the best, but certainly the best from developers, Fromsoftware. I have to say the forth ending was the saddest and the mostSekiro: Shadows die twice is by far the best game Fromsoftware ever released. In terms of combat, this game introduces a new level of how combat in video games should be. the combat is fair and satisfying and challenging at the same time. the game is beautiful but not the best, but certainly the best from developers, Fromsoftware. I have to say the forth ending was the saddest and the most chilling ending i have ever gotten in any video games. the game is worth platinuming for sure. Expand
  40. Oct 2, 2019
    Sekiro is one in my opinion the best game of 2019. The story is a bit hard to relate to if you're not familiar with Japanese culture and history but the game's combat is where it truly shines! It's fun, challenging and incredibly satisfying. There are many different opponents and creatures to fight and they all have their own fighting styles but you don't have to learn boss patterns andSekiro is one in my opinion the best game of 2019. The story is a bit hard to relate to if you're not familiar with Japanese culture and history but the game's combat is where it truly shines! It's fun, challenging and incredibly satisfying. There are many different opponents and creatures to fight and they all have their own fighting styles but you don't have to learn boss patterns and move sets like in previous From software games. If you are generally good and persistent at the game you will win without having to remember anything, yet every encounter feels unique and different. If you like challenges and sheer fun this is the game for you! Expand
  41. Aug 22, 2019
    All in all not my favorite FromSoft game but it´s definetly worth playing. Plays much different than the Souls-Series but in terms of difficulty it might be even harder.
  42. Apr 23, 2019
    Another amazing FromSoft game. Difficult but tons of hidden lore and tidbits. Great swordplay and action as well.
  43. May 2, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This wonderfully difficult game is one that I enjoyed immensely. I've been a fan of Souls games and thought I would take off like a beast, and I was wrong. The combat of Dark Souls and Bloodborne are not how this works. Sekiro became a challenge and one that I love. I came, I saw, I got slammed into Hades by an albino King Kong. I chopped his head off and... he got up and screamed me into oblivion. Over and over until I finally got the skills built up and knowledge of the match-up down. Victory felt victorious!

The fantasy shinobi atmosphere is a nice change and the FromSoft world-building without words is in full force again (show, don't tell). If the industry could use a shot of anything right now it's how to do more of this.

My only criticism is also unfortunately necessary for Sekiro to work. This is a tale, so character building and customization is pretty light, and I've always liked those options in previous FromSoft titles. There's no point in doing a run with another build without builds.

After being burnt on a recent pre-order from another company (MK11), I considered never pre-ordering a game again. I may make an exception for FromSoft.
  44. May 7, 2019
    I have finished all Fromsoftware RPG´s since Demons Souls, and Sekiro, regardless of not being a "real rpg", but a hack and slash game with litle RPG elements, maintains the quality level of previous games, with many and many dark souls elements, like the "bonfire" checkpoints and extremely hard and rewarding boss fights. It´s definetly an addictive game and will not disappoint theI have finished all Fromsoftware RPG´s since Demons Souls, and Sekiro, regardless of not being a "real rpg", but a hack and slash game with litle RPG elements, maintains the quality level of previous games, with many and many dark souls elements, like the "bonfire" checkpoints and extremely hard and rewarding boss fights. It´s definetly an addictive game and will not disappoint the Fromsoftware fans. Expand
  45. Sep 28, 2019
    This game is a masterpiece.

This game is a masterpiece.

Let's talk about progression. Some people like to grind levels before tackling a boss. Some people like tackling a boss with as few levels as possible. This doesn't exist in Sekiro. There is no underleveled or overleveled. Each boss is a challenge that must be defeated by skill alone. And maybe that's what people find frustrating - to lose means you weren't good enough. The progression in Sekiro isn't in the form of levels, but your own physical skill. Your own strength, and not your character's strength, is what brings you victory. And to me, this brings me greater satisfaction than any other game I've played.

There's a a major misconception about combat. This game isn't about having god-like reflexes. Every enemy gives you ample time to react. It's about learning to read your opponent. Each attack has an appropriate counter. You see the opponent's tell, and you respond accordingly, requiring unforgiving but precise timing. More than pure reaction time, it's about identifying the opponent's next move so you can counter it. Know the enemy and know yourself.

However its virtues, the game isn't without flaws. The miniboss reskins are repetitive, and there aren't a great many number of bosses. Getting each of the 4 endings becomes a chore rather than an enjoyable experience. Once you've platted the game, there's little reason to continue playing unless you're attempting a charmless and/or demon bell run. After the first playthrough, breezing through each boss shows you just how much you've improved, but each subsequent playthrough loses the thrill of beating each boss for the first time.

Yet despite its flaws, I've never had a more profound dopamine rush playing a single player game. I'm torn between 9 and 10. This game is probably the best game I've ever played, and yet even if it is, can a game with such glaring flaws be a 10? Does an imperfect 10 exist?
  46. Nov 18, 2019
    Juegazo aunque algunos enemigos que eran jefes se repiten :v pero es lo de menos aunque si hubiera preferido que se pudiese crear tu personaje
  47. Jun 20, 2020
    Filled my longing for the game "Tenchu". I loved the mechanics, a very good change from From Software!!!
  48. Aug 3, 2020
    Favourite fromsoft game after playing them all, anyone complaining about the difficulty didn’t put enough time and effort into it.
  49. Jul 20, 2020
    Best souls game ever. Combat is perfect, although there is a steep learning curve, the deflection timing is a lot more forgiving that bloodborne or dark souls and the world is beautiful.
    Hope there will be a sequel.
  50. Jul 18, 2020
    Esse é o melhor combate dentre todos os jogos que conheço, quem está chingando esse jogo ou veio proucurando um rpg, que não é o caso desse jogo ou ficou preso no primeiro chefe. O combate parece simples pois só tem dois botões, mas é perfeito, os chefes são muito bons, principalmente o último, e o combate é complexo, não é preciso usar todos os botões para ser complexo e esse jogo fazEsse é o melhor combate dentre todos os jogos que conheço, quem está chingando esse jogo ou veio proucurando um rpg, que não é o caso desse jogo ou ficou preso no primeiro chefe. O combate parece simples pois só tem dois botões, mas é perfeito, os chefes são muito bons, principalmente o último, e o combate é complexo, não é preciso usar todos os botões para ser complexo e esse jogo faz isso muito bem, você tem que regular bem entre o ataque e o parry além de saber a hora de desbiar e a hora de aparar, não dá pra explicar muoto bem o motivo do combate ser tão bom, mas talvez seja por ser você que controla o personagem, sem momentos que ele faz tudo sozinho e também não é só esqu Expand
  51. Oct 10, 2020
    Masterpiece game, it has all the good things that FromSoft games had; the amazing level design, amazing cryptic lore, amazing gameplay and characters. Above all, the combat in Sekiro is the best i have ever seen and is the best in any Souls game.
  52. Jun 24, 2020
    There is not much to say about at least one of the best if not the best combat system of all time. in my opinion its better than the souls ones
  53. Jun 26, 2020
    Sekiro is a masterpiece! Period.
    The combat system of Sekiro is one of a kind and is truly the best combat system that I have ever played. Each boss is uniquely designed with their combat style, appearance, arena etc. Beating the Guardian Ape Boss, Blazing bull mini boss, Genichiro Ashina were highlights of the game for me. I'm done with this game, but, I'll definitely miss a game like this.
  54. Jul 20, 2020
    90 hours and i get all achievements so, this game up to top 1 in my rank list. beacause is perfect
    does not need more or less.
  55. Jul 3, 2020
    Amazing game. Super hard at first, but the feeling of the combat clicking is so satisfying. No other game for me has been as fun as this, once the combat clicks. Once its clicked, the difficulty drops off of a cliff, the learning curve is just large.
    Ive platinumed it, which I've never done before. Honestly could be my favourite game of all time in terms of the gameplay. So fast, opposite of a button masher, hitbox is so clean. Ugh, just the best game.
    Also the story is pretty nice for a Fromsoft game. I enjoyed this game a lot more the Bloodbourne, and its made me a life long Fromsoft fan. Brilliant game
  56. Aug 20, 2020
    omg this game is fantastic
    Great combat system
    Awesome bosses
    Good story
    Nice graphics
    I love ishin ashina
  57. Jul 3, 2020
    a Great Game. Finally Fromsoftware got the Game of the Year Award.
    The Game is not too hard ,but also not too easy. Perfectly balanced. The graphics are nice the combat system is very innovative.
    Overall just a very good game. i didnt like some of the areas though. thats the most common mistake video game developer make. the dont design it in a way that it seems believable for the npcs
    a Great Game. Finally Fromsoftware got the Game of the Year Award.
    Overall just a very good game.
    i didnt like some of the areas though.
    thats the most common mistake video game developer make. the dont design it in a way that it seems believable for the npcs to live there.

so i would actually give this game a 9/10 ,because i dont like giving 10 out of ten cuz nothing is perfect. but i want the user score to get higher so i give 10 points.
  58. Aug 13, 2020
    I have never been so addicted to and platinum'ed a game so fast in my entire life. This doesn't stray to far from the typical Soulsborne framework, but then deviates from it so far that it definitely stands on its own among FromSoftware's growing pantheon of classics. Initially I was so taken aback by the deviation that I didn't even get to the first boss. I just put it away and playedI have never been so addicted to and platinum'ed a game so fast in my entire life. This doesn't stray to far from the typical Soulsborne framework, but then deviates from it so far that it definitely stands on its own among FromSoftware's growing pantheon of classics. Initially I was so taken aback by the deviation that I didn't even get to the first boss. I just put it away and played something else, disappointed that I wasted my money on such an overhyped product, after my journey from Demon Souls all the way back in the PS3 era up to finishing Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne, I felt the itch for a new game from this company was not scratched. I was so disappointed. But I came back to this 3 months later, forced myself through learning the grappling mechanics, the parry move and the posture meter, the sneaking and deathblows, and when all the components clicked together, I was HOOKED. I devoured this game. Didn't play anything else for weeks. Every waking moment was spent thinking on how best to approach a new area, a new enemy, how to get through them with perfect parrys and no damage.The bosses, the environments, the music. If you can get through the initial hurdle of readjusting from a heavily armored knight, to a moderately armored hunter to finally a nimble shinobi, you owe it to yourself to play this gem. This is a worthy addition to FromSoftware's catalogue. Expand
  59. Jul 28, 2020
    Absolutely loved it. I'm currently at my 4th playtrough. This game is a literal adrenaline pump, with epic bossfights and challanging gameplay. I like how From Software finally dropped gear system, so people, who don't like grinding can fully enjoy a soulsborne game. Graphics are okay, animations and sounds, artistic style and visual effects are awesome, and not too many bosses areAbsolutely loved it. I'm currently at my 4th playtrough. This game is a literal adrenaline pump, with epic bossfights and challanging gameplay. I like how From Software finally dropped gear system, so people, who don't like grinding can fully enjoy a soulsborne game. Graphics are okay, animations and sounds, artistic style and visual effects are awesome, and not too many bosses are frustrating to play against. I found myself rather hating the mini bosses than the main bosses.

Only downside for me is the camera, which tends to unlock during fight. Even with this, Sekiro is one of my favourite games of all time.
  60. Oct 13, 2020
    Overall the game is good, but there are parts when the camera motion control makes you hate the game, i don't believe they didn't notice that, it feels like the developer just didn't want fix it. Its irritating when you have a good boss fight then suddenly you screw it up because you don't know where the hell are you and which direction you looking.
  61. Jul 22, 2020
    Sekiro: SDT, é um game onde a habilidade do player é testada e evolui a cada chefe que se enfrenta.
    A história não chega a ser inovadora, porém é muito bem feita e fácil de se entender.
    Bugs são raros e nenhum prejudica a experiência.
    O problema do jogo é não possuir um conteúdo adicional, pois seria muito bem vindo. Se um dia houver uma continuação, eu com certeza compraria.
  62. Jul 23, 2020
    Great game, can show to the player the feeling of improvement and reward.
    Story is good, graphics are good and great mechanics (at first is a little hard and looks like it doesn't make sense, but with time you can see that makes sense and are unique). Bosses are challeging and every one is diferent.
    Also great to have a "open world" to explore, not having just one path.
  63. Aug 5, 2020
    Masterpiece at gameplay level. This is one of the few REAL games on modern consoles. Not a great story, without good graphics or animations. However, if you loved DS series this is the game for you. Excellent boss fights and really hard to beat(like old school games).
  64. Jul 26, 2020
    A lot of people dislike Sekiro due to its difficulty but to me at least thats just the fun of the game learning the moves and creating a counter attack for them (most bosses have weaknesses to exploit) and thats the only real point of criticism the game, story and everything are so good
  65. Jul 26, 2020
    Inovador,divertido,con buenas mecánicas historia relativamente interesante tiene buena banda sonora y muy buenos jefes
  66. Jul 28, 2020
    This game has the best combat in any game. Even after finishing the game and unlocking all trophies, it felt good repeating the game just so to re-live the epic duel, once again with ishin, father owl, lady butterfly and other bosses. And the story is filled with interesting lore that makes you want for more of this game. And as usual, fromsoftware provides with their traiditionalThis game has the best combat in any game. Even after finishing the game and unlocking all trophies, it felt good repeating the game just so to re-live the epic duel, once again with ishin, father owl, lady butterfly and other bosses. And the story is filled with interesting lore that makes you want for more of this game. And as usual, fromsoftware provides with their traiditional minimalistic yet amazing level design through interconnected world which does not fall far from previous souls titles. Expand
  67. Jul 31, 2020
    As a fan of both From Software games and medieval Japan, I was insanely excited for Sekiro. Then I wanted to break my copy in half because I didnt get it. It was insanely difficult and I couldnt wrap my head around its combat mechanics. Then I somehow stumbled all the way up to a certain boss, got pummeled a dozen times and then..it clicked. I blocked, side stepped and jumped over hisAs a fan of both From Software games and medieval Japan, I was insanely excited for Sekiro. Then I wanted to break my copy in half because I didnt get it. It was insanely difficult and I couldnt wrap my head around its combat mechanics. Then I somehow stumbled all the way up to a certain boss, got pummeled a dozen times and then..it clicked. I blocked, side stepped and jumped over his attacks and delivered punishment in a brutal but beautiful dance of death. I have now completed Sekiro 4 times and it cemented itself as one of my favorite games ever. I'm glad I didnt break that disc after all. Sekiro is From Software's most divisive game yet, but also its most focused. It delivers on everything it sets out to do. It innovates while remaining loyal to its roots and thats hard to achieve. Its also the most cohesive game from japanese developer in terms of its story. Hundreds of wiki pages are this time not required to understand the plot. Most RPG elements are thrown out of the window in favor of fast paced action and skill. I know everyone expected Dark Souls clone, but this aint that. I, for one, would love for From Software to continue innovate and deliver excitement and challenge in different packages instead of falling back to same old formula. Expand
  68. Aug 1, 2020
    Una obra maestra que se convirtió en uno de mis juegos favoritos, la historia es perfecta con la posibilidad de adaptarse a ti con cada final. Es un juego donde la dificultad te hace disfrutarlo aún más y te recompensa con la satisfacción de haberlo logrado.

Simplemente asombroso!!!
  69. Aug 13, 2020
    Лучшая игра в которую я играл на playstation, а так-же лучшая игра от From Software. Очевидный Must-play и Game of the year. "Hesitation means losing"
  70. Aug 21, 2020
    no lloren mancos, uno de los mejores videojuegos de esta generación, y un avance super notorio de las mecánicas de los soulslike. y quien lea esto y no comparta mi opinion, "aprende a agarrar el control, manco"
  71. Aug 24, 2020
    Это просто лучшая игра для любителей aнaльныx утех
  72. Sep 1, 2020
    El juego se siente natural en el combate, es duro cuando no prácticas y no eliges bien las habilidades para un enfrentamiento, terminas siendo víctima, como en toda la saga Souls de tus errores al control, y de la elección de herramientas y ataques.
    Visualmente es eun joya, mezcla perfecta de la fantasía y realidad, buenos paisajes.
    En rendimiento si podría pedir ser más el juego a 60FPS
    En rendimiento si podría pedir ser más el juego a 60FPS en consolas sería de lujo.
  73. Sep 19, 2020
    One of the best games I've ever played. Incredibly rewarding and completely different feel on NG+
  74. Sep 27, 2020
    My first fromsoft game and it was amazing even though punishing as hell in the begining but once u master the combat its pretty awesome
  75. Sep 29, 2020
    Das beste Spiel dieser Konsolengeneration.
    Wunderschöne und gut durchdachte Spielewelt.
    Bei dem Schwierigkeitsgrad fällt mir eigentlich nur "Hart aber Unfair" ein. Das Kämpfen mit dem "Kusabimaru" fühlt sich einfach unglaublich gut an und jeder beseigte Boss macht lust auf noch mehr . Fazit: Lass dich auf das Spiel ein und es ist jeden Cent wert, kein Game zum gelegentlichen
    Das beste Spiel dieser Konsolengeneration.
    Wunderschöne und gut durchdachte Spielewelt.
    Bei dem Schwierigkeitsgrad fällt mir eigentlich nur
    "Hart aber Unfair" ein.
    Das Kämpfen mit dem "Kusabimaru" fühlt sich
    einfach unglaublich gut an und jeder beseigte Boss
    macht lust auf noch mehr .
    Fazit: Lass dich auf das Spiel ein und es ist jeden
    Cent wert, kein Game zum gelegentlichen zocken.
    Good Luck :)
  76. Oct 2, 2020
    Un juegazo en todo el sentido. Con zonas memorables y jefazos épicos. Comparado con los títulos de fromsoftware es un 9/10. Pero comparado con los otros títulos triple A es un 10/10. Cabe destacar que es un juego que requiere paciencia y tiempo. Si no estás dispuesto a dedicarle un buen tiempo lo mejor será que no lo compres, pero si si lo estás prepárate para uno de los mejores juegos deUn juegazo en todo el sentido. Con zonas memorables y jefazos épicos. Comparado con los títulos de fromsoftware es un 9/10. Pero comparado con los otros títulos triple A es un 10/10. Cabe destacar que es un juego que requiere paciencia y tiempo. Si no estás dispuesto a dedicarle un buen tiempo lo mejor será que no lo compres, pero si si lo estás prepárate para uno de los mejores juegos de la última generación. Expand
  77. Oct 12, 2020
    Plot/Lore - 8
    Dialogues / characters - 8
    Visuals / graphics - 8
    Optimization - 7
    Game mechanics - 10
    Combat system - 10
  78. Oct 14, 2020
    Is FromSoftware, no more words are needed. Funny gameplay, good difficulty, great atmosphere... The story is brilliant and the bosses are amazing.
    Thank so much for this game FromSoftware. You must play.
  79. Oct 14, 2020
    Amazing game. Sharpest and cleanest combat o habe encountered. Takes some time getting used to and its well worth it
  80. Oct 16, 2020
    Truly an amazing experience that challenges you from the very beginning to the very end. One complaint that I have is the guardian ape part 2 fight with this bride but other than that it is a wonderful game.
  81. Oct 20, 2020
    This game almost made me kill myself. But once you overcome the hardest of **** namely Genichiro, Guardian Ape and Isshin the Sword Saint, you will feel so much accomplishment, that it will be worth it. One of the best games i've ever played
  82. Apr 15, 2019
    MINOR SPOILERS
    MINOR SPOILERS
    Though I found Sekiro's world slightly less immersive/interesting to explore than previous FromSoftware titles, notably Bloodborne and even Dark Souls III (it's close), it still had the developer's signature sense of atmosphere. The areas were a bit too similar in my opinion, minus two to three changes of pace (Senpou, Fountainhead, Hirata to a lesser extent), and there seemed to be less overall areas to explore. I found the "optional" areas to be somewhat lacking as well, as some of the optional bosses were just retreads of previous bosses with a twist and several of them took place on the same battlefield as a prior fight. Nonetheless, the boss fights in Sekiro are top notch. As far as overall consistency of quality, this is FromSoft's best effort to date. From the first main boss encounter on, each one (with maybe two exceptions) is a challenging and adrenaline-pumping clash of swords. Even the classic gimmick fight found in every SoulsBorne game is improved here in almost every level: the gorgeous visuals, enjoyment, arena, etc. Having a lone katana as the main weapon also allowed FromSoft to make their bosses as unique as possible, displayed in their fighting style as well as their design, without having to worry about what approach the player is taking (like the Souls series: spellcaster, dex, strength, etc.). The enemy variety was kind of bland, mostly humanoid, but narratively I understand that was kind of necessary. The mini bosses were also a nice break-up between exploring en route to the next big bad and offered vital rewards upon defeat, though there were far too many re-skins in this department and some of them were just a chore to to fight. Another highlight of FromSoft's last few games has been the excellent and riveting soundtracks. Having played Bloodborne and Dark Souls III nearing Sekiro's release, I found the soundtrack a bit underwhelming (which was my mistake of expectation). However, upon replays the music has really grown on me and definitely fits the world perfectly. Some tracks that stand out are CM, LB, ISS, O, and GA (boss initials). Final point of praise: the combat, once understood, is probably the most satisfying I've ever played in a videogame. Although it isn't quite the masterpiece I expected, it is definitely my early 2019 GOTY in an already crowded year and a game that was well worth the wait. Already itching to see what FromSoft comes up with next. 8.9/10.
  83. Apr 16, 2019
    I am die hard souls veteren. I want to say I love Sekiro, I really do, it is fantastic brutal action game, but it has its own problems that drags the score down from perfection.
    Pro 1.Combat Mechanic is the best in the market right now. Posture system, Deflecting, Jumping, Unblockable attack and of cousre the Mikiri (Counter thrust by step on enemy's weapon) are what make the game
    Pro
    1.Combat Mechanic is the best in the market right now. Posture system, Deflecting, Jumping, Unblockable attack and of cousre the Mikiri (Counter thrust by step on enemy's weapon) are what make the game unique and full of excitement. It is much much better than any soul game I've ever played. I hope Fromsoft continue this system.

2. Scenary is very beautiful and colorful.

3.Story is fair, at least much easier to understand.
    Cons
    1. Skill moves and Prothestic tools are underwhelming. They are looked cool as first but once you play the gamethoroughly, you will come to the conclusion that those things are just small gimmicks. Especially the skill moves, all of them are hardly be said that they are better than your normal attack. (Except, the skill called icjimon double, that one may be only skill that can be very useful in some fights). On the top of that, you can equip only 1 skill move at time, you can't even quick swap skill move. What the heck is with that ? This is 2018, there are so many games that allows you equip 4 skills at the same time. It is 100% possible. Does Miyazaki think it will be imbalance to do that ? I don't really understand at all.

Prothestic tools, however, can be helpful but it has limited use. In the end, what you will do most is normal attack, which lead to the lack of diversity in this game, thus lead to less replayability than other soul titles.
    2. Stealth mechanic is too powerful. You can kill most of enemies along the way with stealh, or just sneak past them, which makes combat along the way become trivial. The game only hard when come to boss fight that you can't stealth kill. Even Minibosses, you can outright destory half of their hp with stealth . What is fun about that ?. This game shines most from combat mechanic, not stealth mechanic. However, because stealth has almost no risk (very easy to do) but get same reward (exp) like you fight head on, so why should I fight head on ?. Moreover, stealth mechanic in this game is very mediocre, you get behind enemy or jump from above, that is it. I hope stealth get nerfed hard. It is ok to sneak pass, but not outright kill high hg enemies or half minibosses hp, right now it is way too strong.
    3.No multiplayer ? admit it, this decrease replayability. Besides, without coop system, many people can't finished this game due to the sheer difficulty. I am fine but some of my friends will not be able to play it.
    That is all for Sekiro. Beating the game first time I spent 50 hrs (but I explored and farmmed a lot to test each skill, the actual time should be like 30 hrs ). I definitely buy Sekiro 2 or DLC but for now, I think the all skill moves need hard buffs. Prothestic tools needs to more love with the upgraded version. Please nerf the stealth kill. The game is great.
  84. Oct 27, 2019
    Миядзаки как будто чувствует, какой аспект соулс игр даётся мне хуже всего. И, сначала, он приучает меня играть за ловкача в Bloodborne ( хотя я до этого боялся этого делать и играть в первом и втором Соулсах за мага. Ну а в Sekiro он приучает меня правильно ставить репосты ( они же парирования) - их я вообще до Sekiro не понимал и боялся делать.Миядзаки как будто чувствует, какой аспект соулс игр даётся мне хуже всего. И, сначала, он приучает меня играть за ловкача в Bloodborne ( хотя я до этого боялся этого делать и играть в первом и втором Соулсах за мага. Ну а в Sekiro он приучает меня правильно ставить репосты ( они же парирования) - их я вообще до Sekiro не понимал и боялся делать.
  85. Mar 30, 2019
    Sekiro feels like Souls without a lot of the RPG elements, and then stealth thrown in, in its place. You can count on the same clean, crisp controls and graphic-style, etc. combat is different but with some similar elements like guarding, parrying (deflecting), etc.

Combat is brutal and unforgiving. Each enemy often takes a whole new approach on combat, so be prepared for frustration and learning.

I love it and couldn't point out any glaring flaws, but the difficulty is extreme, even for the seasoned gamer or Souls player. Wouldn't recommend this to a casual gamer who doesn't like a challenge.
  86. Sep 23, 2019
    Una joyaaa!!!! Lo mejor d fromsoftware por lejos.. super rejugable y dificultad endiablada..
  87. Jul 12, 2019
    A Master Piece, visual stunning, frenetic gameplay... FromSoftware you´re great!
  88. Sep 17, 2019
    Amazing game.
    Fromsoftware showed us that they can do something different from Dark Souls and even so, present us a game with high quality content, this game is a masterpiece. The mechanics, the plot, the NPC's, boss fights and scenarios, everything about this game is beautiful!
    Sekiro gave me almost a hundred hours of pure amusement. No DLC's, no monetization, you only have to pay once
    Amazing game.
    Sekiro gave me almost a hundred hours of pure amusement.
    No DLC's, no monetization, you only have to pay once to get the full experience, that's very respectful to fans.
    Congrats, Fromsoftware, keep up the good work!
  89. Oct 6, 2019
    I must say that this game is not for casuals if you look at reviews and found some negative reviews because they can't play this game properly this game needs a lot of skills so you should think before buying this game, The player needs to parry every attack from enemies and more than that enemies have dangerous attacks that you need skill call Mikiri counter that you must use them inI must say that this game is not for casuals if you look at reviews and found some negative reviews because they can't play this game properly this game needs a lot of skills so you should think before buying this game, The player needs to parry every attack from enemies and more than that enemies have dangerous attacks that you need skill call Mikiri counter that you must use them in right times
    Overall this is game is perfect for people that love challenges I give this 10/10 but if you are a casual player this is not game that you looking for I give to casual players 3/10 - 0/10
  90. Oct 8, 2019
    Like fan of From software I must to say I love it, the gamplay, story and difficulty are amazing, I recommend this game to 100%.
  91. Oct 15, 2019
    Sekiro is a really good game in practically all the aspects that make an excellent from software game, the story is told way better than the previous games, is actually really inviting to see all the cutscenes, endings and know more about lore of this world , the gameplay this time focus on a single weapon that makes you want to dominate this sword close to perfection in order to have theSekiro is a really good game in practically all the aspects that make an excellent from software game, the story is told way better than the previous games, is actually really inviting to see all the cutscenes, endings and know more about lore of this world , the gameplay this time focus on a single weapon that makes you want to dominate this sword close to perfection in order to have the most beautiful boss fights in a video game, the main character is reliable if understand the way of Japanese character, this opinion is from someone that played and finish Bloodborne, Dark souls 2 and Dark souls 3 and I know that I am a veteran in this type of game but I highly recommend for those who really enjoy Japanese culture or a really hard and well-crafted game Expand
  92. Apr 12, 2019
    SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE took me so much time to finish just because of the hard bosses especially the final one which was a huge pain to kill anyway this game is just one of the best from software games there is just because of the fact that there is no co op like in dark souls or bloodborne so the game is ten times harder because there is no help which i like because it makes you trySEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE took me so much time to finish just because of the hard bosses especially the final one which was a huge pain to kill anyway this game is just one of the best from software games there is just because of the fact that there is no co op like in dark souls or bloodborne so the game is ten times harder because there is no help which i like because it makes you try harder and appreciate the bosses you defeat the story is kinda basic and not your main focus but it is cool in a way also using shields or dodging is basically instant death in this game you have to learn how to parry because only then you can defeat your opponents

pros:
    - graphics are amazing

- the adding of stealth is awesome you can kill enemies from the shadows and ease your game play

-the fact that this game is a lot harder makes me proud because its all about skill now and you cant cheese bosses with your co op friends

-the adding of the prosthetic tools is awesome there are ten of them and each one is cool at its own way

-bosses are really awesome and most of them are really cool tributes to the bosses from the soulborne games

-the more agile approach from software took with this game is awesome your character is more agile and flexible unlike the the previous ones your character can double jump slide crouch basically giving him a big advantage in battle

-the whole revive mechanic is really cool and i really dig the here's a second chance now go finish your opponent off

- the skill tree system is a cool add on it really gives you more edge in battle as you unlock more skills the more you progress in the game

-areas are really beautiful looking and you can really see from softwares style shining

cons:

- i don't know if its me but it kinda bothered me that you cant create your own character and you gotta play with the one that the game gives you i really love the character creator in the previous games

-the fact that you only have one sword although later obtaining another one that's it for your weapons yes there are prosthetic tools but its a bummer there is no greatswords axes and other weapons in the game and its just get used to this katana because its your only weapon of choice

- the areas where there are new bosses feel a little bit recycled like for example you can fight different bosses in the same area which is kinda lame because in dark souls every boss has its own map and area so in this game to put bosses in the same areas where you killed other ones feel a little bit lame for me

- why does it take spirit emblems ( your ammo) to use your second sword that you unlock later in the game i understand its spouse to be really strong and you cant use it a lot but still it felt like you obtain this sword for only a small number of enemies and that's it kinda lame if you ask me

- the fact that the game punishes you if you die a lot by giving your characters dragon rot (basically cancer) and you cant do quests with them is really annoying i understand them wanting you to die less but still its really not fair at the beginning at least the game does give you a cure that you can buy from different vendors but still the whole system is annoying and dumb in my opinion

in conclusion:
    this game is really hard and rewarding it took me a whole month to finish it only because of how hard it was even more then dark soui's and bloodborne if i might say this game is one of the best from software titles i played and my final score to this game is a nine out of ten and i do recommend it if you like the soulsborne series and you want a harder game to play
  93. Apr 27, 2019
    Fantastic experiance with really great controls that only from soft would have the balls to let users mess around with, its difficult, like really difficult but by the end of the game you really do feel like youve gotten so much better and can breeze through the earlier levels that took you so long the first time, a lot of people will complain that there is only 1 way you can play the gameFantastic experiance with really great controls that only from soft would have the balls to let users mess around with, its difficult, like really difficult but by the end of the game you really do feel like youve gotten so much better and can breeze through the earlier levels that took you so long the first time, a lot of people will complain that there is only 1 way you can play the game unlike other souls games, but i think its fine for them to hone you down to this style so that you can only focus on getting good at parrying and knowing your timing windows. In this it succeds. Although i will admit there isnt really much in replay value once youve mastered its controls as it starts to become really easy to fly through the earlier stages. But im fine with a just a one time experiance that was captivating from beginning to end Expand
  94. Apr 8, 2019
    I went into this game expecting to be able to play through it without worries, since I played all 4 Soulsborne games. I was wrong ... very wrong.

The combat is punishing, requires you to constantly be aware of your health, posture and the health of enemies. It is like Dark Souls, but it isn't. The parkour and stealth aspects allow you to skip enemies if you please, or you can rush in and deflect your way through with fast-paced, intense combat.

Unlike Soulsborne, it also has a very vibrant colour palette to it. While there aren't many areas that stick out significantly, the various green and sometimes pink mixed into the gray, dark environments that FROM used to make really help motivate you to continue on, no matter how often you fail at a boss. And as usual, the end boss is really great.

However, I should point out that if you don't have a lot of patience, this game is NOT for you. Memorizing a moveset from a boss takes time and effort. And you will die a lot.

Sadly, one of the downsides is that this game lacks replay value. If you want to get all trophies, you will have to either play through the game 5+ times or grind. I felt like the NG+ and further became worse and worse throughout the series, with Dark Souls 3 only changing item locations. In Sekiro, it only affects items that can increase your health or healing items, the rest stay the same. This combined with the lack of different builds made me despise playing through NG+4 in order to get the last trophy needed.
  95. Jul 30, 2020
    ______________________________________________
    Always using the same main weapon and mc can make it repetitive..
    but overall.. this one truly is a enjoyable TENCHU SOULS, my guys.
    ______________________________________________
  96. Jun 28, 2019
    It is a brilliant and beautiful yet brutal game. It is my first FromSoft game and I was daunted but intrigued by the whole mythology surrounding these games. I have enjoyed it. It does force you to 'git gud' though and sometimes is like butting your head against a brick wall until you overcome the boss or exploit a weakness. The trademark difficulty will deter most but a cynic will seeIt is a brilliant and beautiful yet brutal game. It is my first FromSoft game and I was daunted but intrigued by the whole mythology surrounding these games. I have enjoyed it. It does force you to 'git gud' though and sometimes is like butting your head against a brick wall until you overcome the boss or exploit a weakness. The trademark difficulty will deter most but a cynic will see that it is to hide the fact that there is not a lot of game here. Grinding is VERY time consuming and an absolute necessity. Rules change with every passing enemy. You will be battered mercilessly and it will make the kill all the more satisfying when you finally get lucky. Its one for the hardcore masochist gamers. From a personal perspective it makes me miss Tenchu. Expand
  97. Jun 29, 2019
    This game is very entertaining in its on right. It has a lot going for it gameplay wise and the visual very compelling. Combat can be approached in different ways depending on your playstyle can chose to be stealthy or going head to head with the ennemies. The game gives you the means to power up your character accodingly. Skill points let you learn new abbilities depending on the branchThis game is very entertaining in its on right. It has a lot going for it gameplay wise and the visual very compelling. Combat can be approached in different ways depending on your playstyle can chose to be stealthy or going head to head with the ennemies. The game gives you the means to power up your character accodingly. Skill points let you learn new abbilities depending on the branch you pick; you can find, equip, and upgrade ninja tools that serve as secondary weapons with limited use. Upgrading your character's physical attribute is also possible by finding specific items. The level design in this game really shines as it demonstrates multi layered areas with plenty of branching paths. And it works hand in hand with the agility of the protagonist to make you feel like a true shinobi once you have become famiar with the controls. Like other games from this developer exploration is rewarded with items from the useful consumable to a brand new prohestetic tool.

Visually the game manages to give a unique personality to each area. The lighting is especialy efficient and changes dynamicaly as you move in and out of the buildings. The animations are fluid and allow you to read you opponents attacks which is a crucial part of the game. My only beef with the game is the steep learning curve. Most Souls veteran will forgive this aspect but the uniniciated will surely have a hard time geting comfortable with the game as there is no way to change the difficulty. The bosses are especially brutal. Overall I would call this a very well crafted game if a bit unwelcoming at first.
  98. May 5, 2020
    Well in all aspects, I have tried to look for negative things but I can not find them anywhere, good bosses, good AI, good protagonist, it could continue like this for a long time but it is better that you experience it for yourself.
  99. Dec 31, 2019
    Such a great game I ever played, it might be the best action-game of all time. Unbelievable gameplay and perfect narrative based on true Japanese myths. Fascinating experience awaits
  100. May 11, 2020
    I have been playing for weeks, and I’m hooked! The game is very difficult and especially hard during the ogre. Most of the bosses don’t have a “weakness” that you can exploit which in turn makes you more skilled when progressing. Many times you will have to search up how to get better if it gets to hard but normally it doesn’t really happen. The game really gets hard during the boss fightsI have been playing for weeks, and I’m hooked! The game is very difficult and especially hard during the ogre. Most of the bosses don’t have a “weakness” that you can exploit which in turn makes you more skilled when progressing. Many times you will have to search up how to get better if it gets to hard but normally it doesn’t really happen. The game really gets hard during the boss fights because they're unforgiving and you will have to come up with counter measures yourself. For some reason every time I die to a boss I always learn more and want to keep trying. Sometimes you will be up against very hard enemy’s but if you keep trying you’ll eventually get it. One thing about sekiro is that you will have to be very good at the base combat of the game because there aren’t any really amazing “special” abilities that aren’t used in niche situations. The game will eventually click and will become super fun but before that you’ll just be figuring out the game. When it clicked for me I was fighting Genichiro Ashina and when I finally beat him I just got really good. If you have played Dark Souls or other Fromsoftware games this one is very different and you’ll have to adjust. I think it’s a very fun game Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 76 Critic Reviews

1. May 15, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an enjoyable, yet deeply challenging game. It's not really a Dark Souls with samurais game, but whether or not you enjoyed the difficulty level of the battles in Dark Souls will be a good benchmark in gauging how much you'll like Sekiro. If you're persistent, up for a challenge, and don't become frustrated easily, then Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an easy game to recommend.
  2. Apr 28, 2019
    Though Sekiro feels impossibly hard at times, the level of euphoria you experience when delivering a death blow to a tricky boss or when you finally clear a castle grounds of all enemies is almost unparalleled.
  3. Apr 27, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice succeeds in its incredibly visceral combat and stealth all while being set in an engaging game world. However, its linear character growth options and repetitive combat begin to dull the experience after you get over the initial hump.