8.1

1. Mar 22, 2019
    Bel gioco, grafica discreta e difficile all'ennesima potenza.
    Resta che ti tiene attaccato allo schermo per il forte senso di competizione che si instaura. Inoltre i combattimenti sono difficili, ma mai punitivi con l'impegno superi sempre il boss o miniboss di turno. Da comprare al day one!!!
  2. Mar 22, 2019
    Don't listen to people comparing this to Nioh because they're nowhere identical. Sekiro is extremely technical game that emphasizes raw skill with some light RPG mechanics. I applaud From Software doing something entirely different and being successful at it. You will think the introduction of the resurrection mechanic will make the game "easier" compared to previous titles, but if youDon't listen to people comparing this to Nioh because they're nowhere identical. Sekiro is extremely technical game that emphasizes raw skill with some light RPG mechanics. I applaud From Software doing something entirely different and being successful at it. You will think the introduction of the resurrection mechanic will make the game "easier" compared to previous titles, but if you aren't at the top of your game, than you'll easily find yourself beaten down by a simple thief. If you are looking for an action game that really tests raw skill to something that a game like DMC focuses on, than Sekiro will be your game. The lore is rich enough to keep you engaged, but far less cryptic than the Dark Souls games meaning you don't have to watch a gauntlet of youtube videos to really know what's going on.
    World design is really neat offering higher vantage points to really plan your routes offering a little more flexibility in how you engage enemies compared to past titles.

Yea the graphics aren't exactly amazing, but honestly who really cares if the gameplay is good. Occasionally frame rate drops, but nothing major and something can be resolved easily with a patch. The addition of the mechanical arm is a nice introduction as it functions similarly to the trick weapons of bloodborne but has very specific uses and can be upgraded to increase its utility. You won't be disappointed with this title and anyone who gives it below an 8 because of graphics and frame-rate is just ridiculous.
  3. Mar 22, 2019
    Mil vezes melhor que o repetitivo Nioh..

Quem jogou Tenchu? Esse jogo é um Tenchu + DarkBorne

SENSACIONAL!!!
  4. Mar 24, 2019
    Literally pay no real attention to 70% of the negative reviews. Sekiro is on a class all on it's own and From Software has said countless times that it was targeting pure action, rather than anything you would consider "deep" like countless RPG elements. Sekiro is an Action-RPG and that last part is because of the utility offered by items, prosthetic tools earned throughout the game (whichLiterally pay no real attention to 70% of the negative reviews. Sekiro is on a class all on it's own and From Software has said countless times that it was targeting pure action, rather than anything you would consider "deep" like countless RPG elements. Sekiro is an Action-RPG and that last part is because of the utility offered by items, prosthetic tools earned throughout the game (which are essentially like spells or weapon morphs in Bloodborne), and other stat related enhancements and even deadly. Sekiro is not Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, SoulsBorne, wtf-etc! It's masterclass enemy design, animations, stealth, action mechanics, unique NPC quests, and it's "lovely" killer roosters :) not to mention some of the best fuc*** boss battles I've played in a video game! If you don't like sekiro, sekiro doesn't care... you already 死 Expand
  5. Mar 23, 2019
    Great game! I had high expectation and am not disappointed. Maybe I'll love it more than RE2. Too early to say. But it's definitely worth it.
  6. Mar 23, 2019
    Miyazaki did it again.

Froms come back wit a new ip setting in an amazing Mystical Japan. The game is hard but very satisfying, Art and map design are very inspired, but the very core of this game is the amazing gameplay. From improve the sword combat of the old souls, with some good stealth mechanics and cool finisher moves. So far a truly masterpiece...maybe not for everyone.
  7. Mar 23, 2019
    After the SoulsBorne series it was apparent that Sekiro would deliver a quite different experience. Although some features are pretty similar such as the estus flasks for healing. Besides that the new fighting system is quite interesting but to me personally disappointing. It does not feel very appealing sometimes even more mashy although the 60fps combat itself is amazingly fluent.

I

I encountered some frame drops but as it was always on the same screen positions I think it is just a minor optimization problem because besides that the game runs smooth. The graphic is at times beautiful and sometimes a bit disappointing. It lacks details of other current gen titles of that caliber which is not that bad but I feel it still has to be noted because it is noticeable. The soundtrack is good but does not get me driven as other titles aswell. Yet it blends in well with the general theme. The loading times are okay. Strangely they seemed to get better after I was playing for a while, maybe I just got used to it. It is not as bad as Bloodborne was but still there are noticeably loading times when using the fast travel. Besides that the interconnected world has no loading sequences which is nice.

The enemies are okay-ish. I cannot pinpoint describe what is lacking but they do not feel as detailed and charming as other games that FromSoftware delivered. The variety is also a little bit weak. Main and sub bosses are again a hard competition but the posture system feels weird at times when facing them. Also sometimes it feels more like defendin for huge time while dealing 1-2 slashes and wait again. This of course might be intended but to me feels less entertaining.

I want to re-visit this review after more play-time as games such as DS or Bloodborne also took some time to get going but the first impression is, that the game was pretty hyped, delivered well but it is certainly not the awaited next prodigy from FromSoftware. Thats at least my personal opinion.

Interested people should wait for a price drop. I do not see the launce price tag fitting, yet.
  8. Mar 22, 2019
    I love it. Finally is the first title from software that I am able to play . The combat system is awesome, with bloodborne I could play , too slow to attack, this one is faster and really reflex skill based , obviously technically is not the best as FS always been. But the gameplay is just nice.
  9. Mar 23, 2019
    Ok so first off I don't like Dark Souls or Bloodborne. I like them from the outside (as in I think they look like great games in terms of environments, bosses etc.) but when I gave them a go I hated the repetitive corpse runs, rarity of checkpoints and lack of story focus. I know hardcore fans love all that but it felt tedious to me and I was always disappointed that I couldn't get intoOk so first off I don't like Dark Souls or Bloodborne. I like them from the outside (as in I think they look like great games in terms of environments, bosses etc.) but when I gave them a go I hated the repetitive corpse runs, rarity of checkpoints and lack of story focus. I know hardcore fans love all that but it felt tedious to me and I was always disappointed that I couldn't get into them (I got as far as Father Gascoine in BB).

Despite all that I still pre-ordered Sekiro because it looked amazing when watching the trailers and gameplay videos. I'm happy to say that I have finally found a From Soft game that I can actually enjoy. This game is hard AF but it's so good and when you die it doesn't feel unfair or cheap. The combat is fast and fluid and the movement feels unrestricted and free (can actually jump and climb!). The skills tree is way better than having a list of stats as well, and after each boss you get a prayer bead, once you get 4 you can unlock a health & posture boost. This takes away the grinding element as you can't just grind to improve health or posture before a boss. This probably makes it harder in some ways but I prefer it.

The story is also a lot clearer (although you still have to piece things together) and a proper protagonist is much better IMO as it gives some purpose to what you are doing. I haven't completed it yet I've just got past the poisonous drunkard boss from the trailer but so far I'm loving it.

If you like action adventure games then you will definitely love this as it's incredible. Even if you don't like soulsborne games give this one a try as it's a lot more accessible than previous titles. The combat and general movement are more fluid, the checkpoints are spread out more sensibly, and there is much more overall polish in terms of final product.
  10. Mar 24, 2019
    I had to come to grips with the lack of RPG mechanics, but I think From have created a masterpiece. The game being based on a specific character / weapon allowed them to make something incredibly focused while retaining signature From oddness, ambiguity, and intricate world design.

People saying the combat is just about parrying now have not mastered the combat. In practice, deflection works pretty differently than parrying in Dark Souls. There's so much more nuance to the combat now, from crowd control options, when to jump, dodge, block or deflect, move interruptions, combat arts, combos with prosthetic attachments good against certain enemies, etc. The posture system alone makes it completely different than Dark Souls. You can not play it like those games even if it seems like you can get away with it. If you're playing well you will be aggressive, attacking often and performing very deliberate moves against specific enemies.

Once the combat clicked I was amazed at how fluid and fun it can be, and that a lot of tough enemies can be taken down pretty quickly if you play well. One thing it does have in common with Souls is that the longer a boss stays alive, the harder it is to deal with. And like Dark Souls it's a difficult game because it wants you to learn how to play it right, and execution in Sekiro is even more challenging, and even more satisfying than From's other games.
  11. Apr 25, 2019
    My review contains some kind of spoilers...

Game is actually good. But it has few serious problems, it is reason why my personal score is not 10/10. Actually I voted as "5/10" before but I've changed my opinion. Game is good especially after some point. So: + gameplay. When you understand how to play in right way you will love fight system and gameplay. + atmosphere. I don't know
    My review contains some kind of spoilers...

So:
    + atmosphere. I don't know to describe it, but I love this world. I want to return to this world again and again.
    + Bosses. Not mini-bosses. Almost all "big bosses" are good. I've got too much fun from fighting with them.

- Boring game beginning.
    - Chained ogre from game beginning is too powerful and HAS TERRIBLE hitboxes. I just spent too much time here. Hard bosses is not bad but I'm not sure that add such bosses in beginning of game is good idea. 90% of players don't have understanding of gameplay when they meet him. And bosses have to have non-broken hiboxes
    - Areas after Blazing bull: AshinaReservoir and Ashina Castle are terrible. They have terrible mini-bosses, boss-fight arenas, pathes to mini-bosses. I wanted to delete game when I was there. Small room as boss-fight arena in game with terrible camera... Are you serious? Developers know that camera in soulsborne games are not really good. I;m sure they know but they use small room as boos-fight arena!
    - Fight system. Not the combat system itself because it is good but fact that you have no choice. You cannot be a cliric, a mage, an archer. You have only one weapon. There are no Threaded Cane, Rakuyo or Saw Cleaver. It's so annoying
    - repeating of bosses/min-bosess. Some mini-bosses are repeated 4-5 times!!! if you thought that Dark Souls 2 has a problems with bosses repeating I can say - no. DS2 has unique bosses if we compare it with Sekiro!
    - There are too few interesting items which you can find in the wold. Game has no weapons, rings(runes), armors. 90% of items which you can find in game are consumable items.
    - Boring way to Platinum achievement.

But after 2 walkthroughs I can say that game is really good. I hope that the developers will make work on the mistakes and we get 10/10 Bloodborne 2 or Sekiro 2. But now only 8/10
  12. Mar 25, 2019
    GAME of the YEAR!!!!!!! Maybe the best PS4 Game. Thank you so much 4 this Game.
  13. Mar 25, 2019
    I consider this game one of the best in that janra. So in my opinion it is 10/10
  14. Mar 25, 2019
    I am terrible at this game. I have played probably 4 hours. I have died almost a hundred times. But it's beautiful, holds me accountable, and I love it. This is my first From Software game, and I went in with the expectation that I would die a million times and might need to restart the game because of how terrible I would be at it. I think if you go in with that mindset, you'll becomeI am terrible at this game. I have played probably 4 hours. I have died almost a hundred times. But it's beautiful, holds me accountable, and I love it. This is my first From Software game, and I went in with the expectation that I would die a million times and might need to restart the game because of how terrible I would be at it. I think if you go in with that mindset, you'll become addicted to the exacting and exciting gameplay and alluring world. Wish me luck. Any advice on how to be better at this would be appreciated it. Gave a 9 cuz it's too hard, but it also gets a 9 cuz it's so hard. Expand
  15. Mar 27, 2019
    Different enough from From Software's last few releases to feel fresh, but similar enough to keep us crawling back for more. I don't want to spoil any game mechanics or progression like some of the other reviewers, but don't go into this expecting the exact same Dark Souls formula. It is very much a different game as far as progression is concerned. This game is focused primarily on combatDifferent enough from From Software's last few releases to feel fresh, but similar enough to keep us crawling back for more. I don't want to spoil any game mechanics or progression like some of the other reviewers, but don't go into this expecting the exact same Dark Souls formula. It is very much a different game as far as progression is concerned. This game is focused primarily on combat and exploration. You don't have to worry about finding sets of armor, new weapons, etc. You do however need to practice your combat skills until you feel comfortable navigating this treacherous world filled with supernatural creatures inspired by Japanese myths and lore. One aspect that I like is the removal of any online features. I always felt like summoning was a crutch for players that were too lazy to study each boss and figure out a proper strategy in order to defeat them. Bottom line, it is a great game. Expand
  16. Mar 24, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an action game that strong mix-up of Tenchu and Nioh.
    The plot takes place of the fantastic sengoku era of Japan. Controlling a sole protagonist one-armed ninja who fight against demons and their minions. The main character “Okami” will be facing with numerous strong enemies, such as: giant snake, golem-like undead samurai warriors, ogres, kunoichis and lots of inhuman beings throughout the game.

Comparing to Dark Souls series, Sekiro is a quite different game. You can either finish off your opponents by full stealth technique or one vs all melee combat style. You can sneak on the ledges, roofs, hills or hiding in the bushes, inside of the walls (just like Tenchu series). Our main character can learn new techniques and collect many new items, power-ups in addition to to his sub-weapons. The combat is heavily based on “sword on sword” gameplay. You can also use your “grappling hook” a lot along with the other gears you have. Unlike the Souls series, you have to be capable with one single character and his skills. Battle and dodge system is perfect despite some difficulties you have to struggle with, at the beginning.

I can clearly say that boss battles so tough yet super fascinating (sometimes frustrating). So therefore, game gives you a ressurrection option whenever you beaten up. Not to mention this is a fast paced game.

There are some similarity between the Souls game and Sekiro since it’s the spiritual successor of Souls games. Boss fights, bonfires and estus-like potions just some of them. The campaign has influenced by Souls/Bloodborne theme. The atmosphere is so epic, especially during the boss battles. Surprisingly some clashes are harder then any normal boss battle.

Visuals are gorgeous but i can’t say the same for the frame-rates. Even PS4 Pro and Xbox One X can’t handle with the stable frame rate at lower resolutions (it barely hits 45fps). This is a big flaw of the game unfortunately, i hope they fixed it with a proper patch soon. Sounds, voices, soundtrack, they all awesome and you can feel the heat!

From Software did a great job on this game. Along with DMC 5, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twices is one of the best action-adventure game of 2019. Highly recommending this game for all DS and epic journey fans. Play on.
  17. Mar 25, 2019
    Great game all around, 20 hours in I found myself googling the actual story length, I just don't want it to end anytime soon.
    Combat system is truly revolutionary in its complexity and variability. Exploring for new tools adds a new kind of character building level, when missing single one of many prosthetics means missing a whole new mechanic you can utilize in your combat and therefore you just can't allow yourself to go past any kind of tiny secret path on your way.

To mention some minor letdowns for me so far:
    1) OST is not that atmospheric and haunting, especially compared to previous From's titles;
    2) level design is a bit too open for my taste - with this much of options to proceed I feel lost out of story progression sometimes and stressed with guessing things like "should I even be here fighting this thing at this point?". Having 2-3 paths to move on is fine, but currently I have like 5 different ways to go further at once and I am not a big fan of this simultaneous levels availability, I'll probably forget about 2 of them by the time I finish writing this.

Other than that I am so happy with how things turned out with Sekiro. Can't wait for DLC announcement
  18. Mar 24, 2019
    -great world/level design and enemy placement, this is incredibly important in a game where you die a lot
    -cleverly placed items that encourage you to explore or lead you into traps
    -grounded combat (as opposed to hack n slash games like dmc) with similiar, simple inputs like the Souls/borne games, but with new options and more fancy looking abilities and animations -challenging and
    -cleverly placed items that encourage you to explore or lead you into traps
    -challenging and fair difficulty paired with the "face to face" combat makes beating (mini)bosses really satisfying
    -beautiful art design that overshadows the underwhelming graphics
    -and most importantly, the shinobi prosthetic is awesome

From Software did it again.
  19. Mar 26, 2019
    I took 3 days off to play this game and man I wish I took a whole week. Sekiro is amazing and I’m so happy! Thank you From Software.
  20. Mar 24, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice takes Hidetaka Miyazaki's signature world building and deliberate combat in an entirely new direction, ditching the RPG aspects present in the Souls and Bloodborne franchises for a more plot focused action game. While some may be upset by this, the trademarks of a FromSoftware game that have lent themselves to the global acclaim attained by Miyazaki's prior worksSekiro: Shadows Die Twice takes Hidetaka Miyazaki's signature world building and deliberate combat in an entirely new direction, ditching the RPG aspects present in the Souls and Bloodborne franchises for a more plot focused action game. While some may be upset by this, the trademarks of a FromSoftware game that have lent themselves to the global acclaim attained by Miyazaki's prior works are present in this game, arguably at their strongest implementation so far.

The vertical design of the world of Ashina allows for more in depth exploration than almost any other game, giving the player a variety of options for each encounter. Barge in, guns blazing, and mow down everyone who stands in your way? Sure. Want to sneak through the grass and stealthily take down hordes of enemies to prevent engaging the entire group? Absolutely. Use your grappling hook to soar between buildings and avoid confrontation all together? Sekiro allows that. Despite removing the RPG elements, the freedom of choice in how a player can tackle combat situations is more diverse than it's ever been. Freedom of movement also lends itself to this player agency, with the player's shinobi being able to parkour up walls, swing across canyons, and shimmy across cliff ledges.

The death system is very well executed, to an extent. Too many revivals will cause any characters you've interacted with to fall ill with Dragonrot, preventing interaction with them until one returns to an Idol and heals the characters. The downside of Dragonrot rears its ugly head with the Unseen Aid mechanic: A random chance that the downsides of player death (losing half of the current experience and currency) will be avoided that decreases with each instance of Dragonrot caused. While a viable way to punish a player for abusing the revival mechanic, having this potentially grind-saving skill left up to random chance is sure to cause frustration with multiple players.

In addition, some items crucial to boss battles are hard to come across and very limited in how many the game will allow a player to access. This can lead to increased frustration upon a failed boss attempt or misuse of an item.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is undoubtedly one of the best games of the current console generation. Yes, it's got flaws, but high paced combat, a gorgeous and well developed world, and versatile combat make it an experience that is not to be missed.
  21. Apr 3, 2019
    Brilliant game, nothing shorter than of what you come to expect of a From Software title these days. The biggest criticism I find of this game from players is when they compare it with the dark souls games, or bloodborne for that matter. Thing is, this is not a bloodborne nor a dark souls, and the game is very well aware of what it is and what it's not. It is a game made by the sameBrilliant game, nothing shorter than of what you come to expect of a From Software title these days. The biggest criticism I find of this game from players is when they compare it with the dark souls games, or bloodborne for that matter. Thing is, this is not a bloodborne nor a dark souls, and the game is very well aware of what it is and what it's not. It is a game made by the same studio, applying many of the soulsborne mechanics but also introducing new ones. A lot of criticism is about the game only providing you with one way of playing it, which is partially true and partially not. Compared to dark souls it is definitely true, but that is not really a big flaw, most games does that. People who went into this game expecting a new dark souls-experience might be disappointed, but you must learn that if you want to jump into something to get your expectations met, buy the latest assassins creed or some other AAA mainstream title. If you want something fresh, innovative and exciting buy Sekiro, Jumping into this game with an open mind, and big scoop of determination you will likely have one of the best gaming experiences for years. Sekiro is one of those rare games that will consume you even when you're not playing it. You will find yourself contemplating on what path you should be investigating, what technique to use on the boss you're stuck at, what things you might have missed in your play through so far, and what secrets lying in store. Expand
  22. Apr 17, 2019
    This game is just as difficult as the dark souls games but it doesn't have the crutches. There are no cheap or OP weapons because the game has been balanced around only one. There is no summoning, so YOU have to be good enough to beat the bosses, not someone else. Leveling is dependent on game advancement, so there is no farming to over level and make the game easier.

This game takes

This game takes my favorite thing from DS - difficult bosses/gameplay to conquer giving huge accomplishment - and gets rid of all the extras. Instead of swapping in gear to help against fire like in Dark Souls, I'm spending all of my time thinking of new, improved, or perfected strategies. In DS the boss strategy often came down to just hanging back, learning attack patterns, now dodge and pick away. In Sekiro sometimes you have to be on the defensive, sometimes you have to be full offense, and everything in between. Super satisfying and HARD.
    9 for now, I expect a 10 when I'm done.

Update: Instant classic, easy 10. The game is even harder than I thought it was halfway through. Even after beating everything else the final boss feels like an insane difficulty spike. This game is not for everyone, but if you're up to the challenge I can't recommend it enough.
  23. JGY
    Mar 26, 2019
    I am writing a review from the perspective of someone who has very little experience with the Dark Souls/BloodBorne series. So from this perspective I can tell all who fall into this boat that Sekiro is a game of contradictions. It is difficult, challenging, and certainly NOT a game you play just to relax. That being said, if you play it, there is something about this game that keeps youI am writing a review from the perspective of someone who has very little experience with the Dark Souls/BloodBorne series. So from this perspective I can tell all who fall into this boat that Sekiro is a game of contradictions. It is difficult, challenging, and certainly NOT a game you play just to relax. That being said, if you play it, there is something about this game that keeps you wanting to come back.
    The world itself, set in feudal Japan, is absolutely breathtaking. It is authentic, regal, mature, taking aspects of Japanese history/mythology and highly immersive. I found myself sometimes just standing in one spot and moving the camera around just to admire the design. By the way, do this often in the game, there are many hidden areas that can be overlooked if you aren't aware of your surroundings. The story is equally engaging, and you begin to really take a liking for the character you play as you progress in the game.

But the greatest factor of this game is its controls. I've played lots of games in my lifetime, but I have never played a game whose controls were so fluid and perfect. After five minutes of playtime I was surprised how organic the controls were. And, by extension, this drastically elevates the combat system. Suffice it to say you actually feel like you are holding the katana when fighting NPCs. It will take some time to learn the combat, however. The enemies in the game aren't messing around, they are just as skilled if not more skilled than you are. With practice and PATIENCE you'll become the Shinobi the game requires you to be.
    All-in-all this game is beautiful, challenging, brutal, and so rewarding to play. It challenges the gamer to become precise in combat, aware of surrounding and, in a nutshell, gain an intelligence that not many games offer. In terms of warnings, be prepared to die A LOT. If you can get through this game with minimal causalities you are a god. But if you are a vanilla mortal like the rest of us, you will certainly enjoy getting your ass kicked in a stunningly beautiful way :P
    Thus far this is the best game of 2019 and actually has made it to my top ten best games I have ever played easily.
  24. Apr 8, 2019
    How to enjoy Sekiro:
    1. Deflect
    2. Deflect 3. Realise that this is NOT a soulsborne game 4. DEFLECT As a huge soulsborne player, after Dark Souls 3 I was actually aching for something new by FromSoft, and that's what I got. Sekiro takes the learnings from the recent FromSoft games and makes them into a classic stealth-action game with a twist. It repeatedly puts the player in
    How to enjoy Sekiro:
    1. Deflect
    2. Deflect
    3. Realise that this is NOT a soulsborne game
    4. DEFLECT

As a huge soulsborne player, after Dark Souls 3 I was actually aching for something new by FromSoft, and that's what I got. Sekiro takes the learnings from the recent FromSoft games and makes them into a classic stealth-action game with a twist. It repeatedly puts the player in positions where you feel absolutely hopeless in defeating a boss/miniboss, but through trial and error and not giving up (and 'getting gud') it is eventually possible, and success feels like sweet sweet FromSoft goodness. Graphics and designs are top notch of course.

Why is this not a 10? Music is a meh. I was hoping for a lot more replayability. Sadly there are not many varieties to play Sekiro in terms of builds etc. Combat arts would have potential for this, but sadly they are mostly underwhelming.

FromSoft shines when they make a new type of game, new world, new IP. We saw it with Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne and now we're seeing it with Sekiro. Great game.
  25. Apr 2, 2019
    Perfect balance, amazing fighting system, rich atmosphere make this game a pure brilliant
  26. Apr 8, 2019
    this games are supposed to be challenging. Thats why they are great pieces of art. However throughout the game there are moments where it gets from hard to f*cking bullsh*t. Especially the last boss! I was expecting to conclude my experience by facing off with a worthy opponent but i was forced to fight against a guy with four phases (its third one being the hardest off all game). Afterthis games are supposed to be challenging. Thats why they are great pieces of art. However throughout the game there are moments where it gets from hard to f*cking bullsh*t. Especially the last boss! I was expecting to conclude my experience by facing off with a worthy opponent but i was forced to fight against a guy with four phases (its third one being the hardest off all game). After numerous tries when I defeated Ishhin there wasnt the feeling of triumph but just relief that the game was finally over. All in all Sekiro is a fine and polished game however at some parts it takes its difficulty to extremes therefore ruining the games memory. Expand
  27. Apr 1, 2019
    why the hell are there so many salty fans, who haven't beaten half of the game, reviewing this?? This game is a masterpiece. From softwares second best game all time, and possibly one of the top 5 games this gen. This deserves all the 9s and 10s.
  28. Apr 1, 2019
    Sekiro is so far the best game from FromSoftware in terms of the combat system, art design, and overall atmosphere. Some players would probably have a harsh time to get used to ist new combat system, but once you get it right, the satisfaction is beyond words. Plus, this is almost the only game you can find which successfully created a Japanese chambara (or Chinese swordman) sort of world,Sekiro is so far the best game from FromSoftware in terms of the combat system, art design, and overall atmosphere. Some players would probably have a harsh time to get used to ist new combat system, but once you get it right, the satisfaction is beyond words. Plus, this is almost the only game you can find which successfully created a Japanese chambara (or Chinese swordman) sort of world, so if you are a fan of chambara (or Chinese swordman) film, this is the right one for you. Expand
  29. Mar 23, 2019
    The swordsmanship in Sekiro feels swift and powerful. The game gives the player immediate feedback using visual and audio cues. Winning a duel is always well-deserved and never just lucky. Deflecting attacks, jumping over sweeps, and quick-stepping into thrusts will reward the player appropriately. The large enemies aren't stacked with health points like in other games. They are dangerousThe swordsmanship in Sekiro feels swift and powerful. The game gives the player immediate feedback using visual and audio cues. Winning a duel is always well-deserved and never just lucky. Deflecting attacks, jumping over sweeps, and quick-stepping into thrusts will reward the player appropriately. The large enemies aren't stacked with health points like in other games. They are dangerous yet vulnerable. Stealth killing some of the tougher enemies is also possible if you prefer ninjas over samurai. Plus, the traversal around the diverse, beautiful world is fun thanks to the wall jump and grappling hook. Expand
  30. Apr 14, 2019
    Sekiro is a must play for Souls' fan, the sense of accomplishment when you defeat a boss is astonishing, nothing compared to the Souls saga.
    From Software brought the exploration of an interconnected world to another level, and the lore is involving.
    However for a non-Dark Souls fan, this game can be a frustrating experience if the player doesen't enter in the mindset of a game that let the player alone and doesen't help him during the playtrought.
  31. Apr 1, 2019
    Sekiro is a disjointed experience. It clings to the structure and elements of the SoulsBorne games but desperately wants to be something different. Namely, an action sword-fighting game in the vein of Ninja Gaiden. The stealth and grapple mechanics make adventuring through the world much less threatening and more accessible, while they've made the bosses so impenetrably difficult as toSekiro is a disjointed experience. It clings to the structure and elements of the SoulsBorne games but desperately wants to be something different. Namely, an action sword-fighting game in the vein of Ninja Gaiden. The stealth and grapple mechanics make adventuring through the world much less threatening and more accessible, while they've made the bosses so impenetrably difficult as to alienate anyone that isn't a "git gud" snob. It's not particularly immersive as an adventure and it's often frustrating and time-consuming in its action. The pieces didn't gel for me, and the experience ultimately boiled down to a long list of hard, punitive bosses that made the game difficult to enjoy... but admittedly, I couldn't put it down.

At the surface, Sekiro appears to be a spiritual continuation of Dark Souls and Bloodborne. You explore an interconnected dark fantasy world, collect items to help in battle, grow stronger, and fight a horde of monsters and villains. However, I'd strongly suggest you leave your expectations at the door as this is a totally different beast.

From an adventure or exploration standpoint, Sekiro falters a bit. It differs by introducing stealth and a grapple hook, both resembling those of Batman Arkham and other AAA games. These mechanics work just fine but neither offers a ton of depth or skill and both of them trivialize the exploration. The grapple has also caused the levels to become more linear, just hiding usable items in every corner that you'll never use. Sprinting (or grappling!) past enemies is more effective than ever, with little incentive to fight them as the leveling system has been nerfed into a perk-system, most of which you'll never use. Stealth can be abused to defeat enemies one-by-one and even if you go in guns blazing, most standard enemies can be defeated by mashing the attack button all the way up to the last area. As hard as this game's bosses are, it's shockingly easy to get around the world and kill grunt enemies. Hence, the experience is a bit disjointed. Combine all that with the by-the-numbers Sengoku Japan storyline and the fact that there are only 8 linear levels and Sekiro fails to offer a substantial or immersive adventure for the player.

The real meat of Sekiro comes in its combat and specifically its bosses. There are over 50 bosses and mini-bosses, making for a daunting quest. I lost count of how many of these I had to fight 5+ times, with the final boss taking me 30-50 tries over 3-4 hours. Sekiro is not for the faint of heart, approach with caution. This is substantially harder than Dark Souls and Bloodborne and they've removed leveling and summoning, which effectively served as those games' difficulty-select. You simply have to play these fights over and over until you've learned their patterns and can parry and punish appropriately. It's basically a rhythm game where you need to respond to each attack with one of a handful of actions. It's challenging and can be rewarding but it's far from the ground-breaking combat system it's being praised as. The "git gud" hype behind this game implies there to be a large component of skill but I found it to be much more a matter of trial-and-error. I don't care how "gud" you are, some of these bosses will wreck you on your first couple tries due to how fast and unpredictable they are. Also, many of the bosses can be more easily and safely defeated by running in circles and poking when open, making the core mechanics pointless.

Unfortunately, Sekiro can't leave well enough alone, and feels the need to up the ante with extraneous difficulty at every turn. Like Dark Souls 2, you start with 1 healing item and almost no health, making the early-game unnecessarily difficult and sure to make many quit in frustration. In spite of its focus on action, Sekiro retains the bonfires and running back to bosses after death from Dark Souls. I think proper checkpoints would have better meshed with the trial-and-error combat here. Some mini-bosses can be stealth killed too, requiring some elaborate setup, meaning you'll have to redo that too every time you die. The die-twice mechanic gives you one extra screw-up but From seems to have used this as an excuse to push extra-hard rather than it being a tool for success. And lastly, a couple end-game bosses have 3+ phases and feel like complete overkill.

Due to all this exacerbating what is already a demanding combat system, I found Sekiro to be immensely frustrating for about 50% of my playthrough. Every time I'd fight a fair, rewarding boss, it would throw me another that would twist my arm in painful, unexpected ways. If challenge for the sake of challenge is your thing, by all means have a blast! For everyone else, approach with caution. Sekiro lacks the immersive appeal of SoulsBorne, while offering a brutal combat experience that can be more frustrating and time-consuming than it is rewarding.
  32. Mar 27, 2019
    Game with an interesting story, it is true that the weapons and style of clothing are the same and that the enemies are almost repetitive, but with a great difficulty of game as well as history, if you only look for a game where you would like to have a character cute without anything deep in their environment Sekiro is not for you (players who only look for meaningless complaints), inGame with an interesting story, it is true that the weapons and style of clothing are the same and that the enemies are almost repetitive, but with a great difficulty of game as well as history, if you only look for a game where you would like to have a character cute without anything deep in their environment Sekiro is not for you (players who only look for meaningless complaints), in short an increibe game. Expand
  33. Apr 18, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. fantastic atmosphere and world designs. as someone who's a huge Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne fan Ive had a truly hard time adjusting to the parry method rather than dodging method and have died many many many many many times, giving the rot to most of my available npcs, all before the first boss in the past when the estate was burning. Thats my fault though not the games but i cant help but to miss the gradual progression through leveling up. Expand
  34. Apr 2, 2019
    Satisfying and challenging combat. Great Boss encounters , tremendous atmosphere and a stellar Art Design , Classic From Sofware. Some ugly texture work and a not so great enemy variety don't ruin the overall experience. Absolutely recommended
  35. Jul 5, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Actually, I created the account to tell my honest experience of Sekiro Shadow Die Twice. It is absolutely a stunning game. I am really proud of myself because I really beat the hardest game ever created after the dark souls 3.
    Fromsoftware you have done an amazing job to keep our adrenaline level sky-high during the entire gameplay. When it comes to the final moments of a boss fight, my heart is pounding like jumping out of the body. Now we are fully equipped shinobis to take part in the DLC or Sekiro 2.
  36. Jan 17, 2020
    complex, exciting, beautiful ... only for those who are ready to endure torment and enjoy the victory.
  37. Mar 29, 2019
    This game IS hard but practice makes perfect. I am an casual player but im loving the heck out of this. Already beat Lady Butterfly its hard but its a really fun fight
  38. Apr 1, 2019
    Just got Platinum trophy and Im really struggling to make a valid statement about the game. But im gonna try and convince all of you who havent played it yet and have doughts about buying it.

What do you want? Good story? It might be one of the best well-executed story tellings in the history of gaming. Ιts not only about the cutscenes or the in-game dialogues or the plot twists. Its all about the great voice acting ( I played both in Japanese and English language ), the tiny riddles and the hidden clues that you gonna have to solve throughout the game presented by Npc dialogues, Boss Lore and motives, item descriptions and World structure.

What do you want? A fair challenge? I struggled in every boss and mini boss in the game and even after dying a hundread times I never got upset or angry about the game, simply because the fights are fair, well-designed and most of all cinematic. And by cinematic I mean it feels like you are watching a action movie scene. On the last boss I died 100++ times and I enjoyed every single death.

What do you want? A fast pace combat like bloodborne thats gonna raise your andrenaline, raise your heart pulse and make your hands wet? Well in this game you will experience something even better. Heres why: you gonna have to stand face to face on your opponent and pressure him until either one of you dies. Attack - deflect - counterattack. The dodge button is only usefull for gap closing and escape in case you need to heal.

What else do you want? Atmosphere? Classic soulsborne music and world design with the exception that this time is a bit less Dark.

How about some improvements? Fall damage is not insta death anymore. Frame rates are 95% normal. And even when they are not, it doesnt affect your gameplay.( I played on PS4 classic not pro)

Overall, a once in a lifetime experience. Trully innovative gameplay and absulutely must-have for hardcore gamers.

Case closed.
  39. Mar 27, 2019
    This is not for lazy gamers kicked back on the couch with greasy pizza hands. If you are low effort or energy look elsewhere. The game deploys the best action game combat system ever conceived. It took me a few hours to get the hang of it. It is immensely satisfying once you learn it. Combat aside it feels like another souls game. Excellent world and level design. If you aren'tThis is not for lazy gamers kicked back on the couch with greasy pizza hands. If you are low effort or energy look elsewhere. The game deploys the best action game combat system ever conceived. It took me a few hours to get the hang of it. It is immensely satisfying once you learn it. Combat aside it feels like another souls game. Excellent world and level design. If you aren't willing to dedicate the time or effort to learn the game don't buy it and stuff your negative review. Masterpiece. Expand
  40. Mar 27, 2019
    best fighting system in gaming history 10/10
    literally superior in every aspect.
  41. Mar 28, 2019
    Gra wymagająca oraz bardzo dająca bardzo satysfakcji z grania osoby które lubią gry FROMSOFTWARE napewno odnajdą się w klimacie gry.
  42. Mar 28, 2019
    Being a veteran souls player I have to say this is another masterpiece from the great mind of Miyazaki. Also the most difficult of all from soft games( the bosses are insane), the monsters are pretty easy though due to the stealth mechanic. Going through the different areas and stages you can see the great amount of work that was poured into it, from majestic buildings to deadly cavernsBeing a veteran souls player I have to say this is another masterpiece from the great mind of Miyazaki. Also the most difficult of all from soft games( the bosses are insane), the monsters are pretty easy though due to the stealth mechanic. Going through the different areas and stages you can see the great amount of work that was poured into it, from majestic buildings to deadly caverns you have everything. I recently finished the game and all I can say the sense of accomplishment is one that I haven't had since beating bloodborne, I am excited to play again on new game plus. I have noticed many people complaining of the difficulty or saying it's not a soul's borne game, but people have been approaching the game incorrectly. This is a whole new type of gameplay, that Miyazaki wants us to learn, you still have dodging and blocking but now its more focused on blocking on the right moment, remembering certain patterns of enemies and bosses to build the posture bar so you can finally deal the finishing blow. you need to dodge at the right time and attack in the right moments. This game requires skillful play and I understand many people might not be for that but people need to understand that is the basis of from software games. To learn to adapt and conquer the challenges in front of you, and then feel great accomplishment from your efforts. It emulates real-life situations where difficult hurdles are thrown at you and the losers are the ones who give up but the winners are the few that endure and develop their senses to overcome the odds. This is what this game feels like, so I implore all of you to not give up and keep trying because eventually, you will get it. Especially those who hate on the game there is no need to give a masterpiece like this a bad review just because you couldn't get over the challenge, just move on with your life or keep trying until you get it. Heck, there are many out there willing to help also, just ask me and I can give you tips. But all in all, this is one of the best games I have ever played. I rarely enjoy many types of video games. The only few are probably battle royal games like apex legends. Yet, nothing can compare to the games from software makes. Miyazaki and his team have been saving the video game industry from dying out and I am really honored to be a part of the experience. Thank you for reading this review :). Expand
  43. Mar 29, 2019
    Masterpiece. It's not that hard if you really play it, not in a way of playing COD.
  44. Mar 29, 2019
    after dark souls this is rly good (only played ds 2 and 3) i could say it's like nioh but it's not ( i haven't even played nioh) this game is very cinematic. i think that it was a good idea to do something new. it's still a hard game and sometimes i want to brake my keyboard but still the feeling of success after beating the boss is worth it. just play this game for the final boss i wontafter dark souls this is rly good (only played ds 2 and 3) i could say it's like nioh but it's not ( i haven't even played nioh) this game is very cinematic. i think that it was a good idea to do something new. it's still a hard game and sometimes i want to brake my keyboard but still the feeling of success after beating the boss is worth it. just play this game for the final boss i wont spoil it but the final boss is amazing just get your asses ready (it has 4 phases i wish u luck) Expand
  45. Mar 30, 2019
    Game play and Combat i cannot say anything about it. It was really perfect. . the story was much better than Soulsborn, and it was clear to you that you could understand. Bosses were all perfectly worked out, and some of them were also good forever.
  46. Mar 31, 2019
    FromSoftware never fails to make a game as challenging as it is fun and satisfying. Boss fights, music, skills, an amazing world, characters and an actual understandable and coherent story. FromSoft has made a game worthy of Game of the Year.
  47. Apr 1, 2019
    Normally you buy a game on the assumption that you can play it through. You want to be entertained by the story and enjoy good gameplay. It should be challenging in a way, but fair at all times and you should never feel that the game is unfair.

Developers have in the past gone over to adjusting the level of difficulty without the player's knowledge and during the game if you fail too often. If you don't make a section again and again, the enemies are suddenly weakened quantitatively and qualitatively. This is called "adaptive difficulty" in technical jargon. It should guarantee that the player remains "in the flow" and constantly experiences success without weakening his ego. The player usually doesn't notice this at all, he is happy about his success and the fun of the game remains. If an average player fails too often on an average difficulty level at a certain point, the developer has done something wrong at exactly this point. At least that's the current theory and prevailing opinion among developers.

Well, and then From Software came around the corner... with a "slightly" different approach. Different levels of difficulty? There isn't. There is only one: ultra-heavy. You really have to train to master the fighting system thoroughly if you want to get ahead here. And you have to understand the world and how it works. In Sekiro we are talking about a wonderfully designed world which has a story to tell. In this world we play our protagonist, who has to keep his honor and would do anything for it, no matter how difficult and hopeless the situation looks. The protagonist would sacrifice everything for it and he has to train hard and develop further if he wants to master the challenges he faces. Nothing more this game demands from the player himself: Develop yourself further, train yourself and face the challenges. An important prerequisite for such a challenging game is extremely good control and a perfect fighting system. Sekiro delivers both.

We have to explore this fantastic world and conquer the enormous dangers. Either we master this challenge with virtuosity, or we fail grandiosely. In between there is nothing at all. If we meet a boss in Sekiro and he turns out to be a true master of sword art, then this opponent can only be defeated if we become the better master. And that requires a lot of hard work. And it requires one thing above all else: before we defeat our opponents, we must defeat ourselves. We have to learn that failure is not frustrating. Failure is training. Failure is instructive. The game does not give us a sense of achievement, we have to work it out for ourselves. That's exactly what many players don't like. But in a certain way Sekiro not only makes us a better player with this approach, but also a better person. Because here you learn something incredibly important, which also has an enormous relevance in real life: The world doesn't owe us that it's fair and just. Why should it? If we want to achieve something, we have to work hard. And it's a lot of fun when the hard work pays off.

At the end of the game you actually feel like you've gone through a development. You understand that it wasn't just a game, it was an important experience and a lesson. Hence 10/10 - The best game of the year.
  48. Apr 3, 2019
    One of the most precise and sincerely fascinating videogame of the second decade of this century. A masterpiece that will be forever remembered; the attention and love of the developers (From Soft. & Activision) truly gave us something that rarely we can appreciate, especially in the last, crude, gray years of commercial standars that evermost put blatantly focus of the economic aspect ofOne of the most precise and sincerely fascinating videogame of the second decade of this century. A masterpiece that will be forever remembered; the attention and love of the developers (From Soft. & Activision) truly gave us something that rarely we can appreciate, especially in the last, crude, gray years of commercial standars that evermost put blatantly focus of the economic aspect of the business.

Through this game H. Miyazaki confirmed that videogames making, nowdays, require first of all one of the most basic yet largely ignored feature, love.
  49. Apr 3, 2019
    Sekiro is really a bold decision to make for From since they chose to depart from the famed Soulsborne series which has proved to be quite a genre of its own. Because of this decision, many (not all) long time fans of the series felt that they are betrayed. As a fan of the series, I do understand their frustration as Sekiro does not share many characteristics that Soulsborne games do. ForSekiro is really a bold decision to make for From since they chose to depart from the famed Soulsborne series which has proved to be quite a genre of its own. Because of this decision, many (not all) long time fans of the series felt that they are betrayed. As a fan of the series, I do understand their frustration as Sekiro does not share many characteristics that Soulsborne games do. For example, customization, pvp, stamina, dodging, or personally for me, the really, I mean really epic bosses. Although Sekiro's bosses are also really great, and I do feel the joy when I finally triumphed over them over like 50 tries, I still found my fights versus the Nameless King, Gael, or Friede in DS3, and Kos, Ludwig, or Gehrman had greater emotional aspects. Other issues such as no primary weapon variety or no pvp also disappoint some fans.

HOWEVER, I do believe that this departure from Soulsborne a necessary move. Some people do expect, and love the idea that, any From game should be the same as any other games that they have played. But you know, let's leave that for Bloodborne 2 (yeah I know, I'm excited about this too). That's to say, Sekiro should be treated as a game of its own kind. I see people claimed that they did not expect Sekiro to be another Soulsborne game but at the same time criticized From for taking a different approach. This does not make any sense. Sekiro is made to be a solid game of its own and From should be proud because they made a game like this. I'm not telling people hating on Sekiro need to "git gud" because I understand that this is not really a reason for all the hates. But I don't really feel like this game deserves to be hated that much from the many loyal fans of From. So please give the game another chance in case you decided to throw it away before and appreciate Sekiro for its own mechanics. Maybe it's not as disappointing as you think. Best of luck and die more.
  50. Apr 5, 2019
    This is an amazing game, yet hard as nails and will punish you for not paying attention and/or playing sloppy. Fromsoft really pushed the boat out with this one, and everything from the visuals, worldbuilding, level design and combat mechanics are top notch. Highly recommended, ONLY if you enjoy tough challenges. Even if you are a souls vet, this game will chew you up and spit you out. GitThis is an amazing game, yet hard as nails and will punish you for not paying attention and/or playing sloppy. Fromsoft really pushed the boat out with this one, and everything from the visuals, worldbuilding, level design and combat mechanics are top notch. Highly recommended, ONLY if you enjoy tough challenges. Even if you are a souls vet, this game will chew you up and spit you out. Git Gud will be your god damn mantra in Sekiro. Expand
  51. Apr 5, 2019
    Definitely one of the best games in the early 2019. Indeed this game is hard or even punishable when you death. But as long as you familiar with the combat or action mechanism, you will experience the true beauty of Sekiro.
  52. Apr 27, 2019
    I loved almost everything about this game. The only thing that bugged me is repeating mini-bosses (which is shame), but all bosses are very impressive and remain in the memory for a long time. Especially nice is new exploration mechanics, which weren't as wide and open in previous From titles due to new mechanichs (jumping and swimming).
  53. May 14, 2019
    Another amazing game made by Fromsoft. If you think this is a Dark Souls game you are wrong. It's a different combat system that is demanding. I struggled at first and it took me a day or two to "get it" once it clicks though it is very satisfying. If you are having trouble then go explore another path. You can always come back. It can feel very demanding at times but if I can beat theAnother amazing game made by Fromsoft. If you think this is a Dark Souls game you are wrong. It's a different combat system that is demanding. I struggled at first and it took me a day or two to "get it" once it clicks though it is very satisfying. If you are having trouble then go explore another path. You can always come back. It can feel very demanding at times but if I can beat the game then so can you. Expand
  54. Apr 17, 2019
    The game is great.
    The only problem is that you have no option of weapons, builds, etc. So if you don't like parry mechanic (deflect) bad for you, cause there is no other gameplay option here. If you like it (I do!) then it feels really good to play!

A lot of butthurts wanted this game to be another darksouls ¬¬'
  55. Jul 19, 2020
    It is ridiculous how good this game is. I am certainly not a From game player but they managed to make a world that was thematically and aesthetically interesting for me and while I certainly am not a fan of From's "Learn the hard way or don't play it" philosophy because I think casual players should also have the chance to play the game just for being interested in stuff like its worldIt is ridiculous how good this game is. I am certainly not a From game player but they managed to make a world that was thematically and aesthetically interesting for me and while I certainly am not a fan of From's "Learn the hard way or don't play it" philosophy because I think casual players should also have the chance to play the game just for being interested in stuff like its world and story, I just cannot be too mad about it because this game is so engaging and rewarding that maybe even a casual player finds the motivation to get through it. Expand
  56. Sep 4, 2019
    It's a new learning these days for gamers. No use crying, gradually the game will show you that if you dont learn it, can't advance. The game rewards you for well done moves and severely punishes you for your mistakes. Several emotions in a game. Hate and peace in 5 seconds hahahah. The gameplay is great, and the graphics simple. Lots of exploration and use of ninja tools implemented perfectly.
  57. Apr 11, 2019
    I love soulborne series, I can be very bias on this one. The disappointing part for me is it does not have multiplayer mode. It isn't like someone say the hardest game ever made, honestly I think Mario is harder than this game.
  58. Apr 17, 2019
    I dont give the 10 cos its true that you cant replay it like a darks souls, but the thing is that THIS IS NOT A DARK SOULS and it bothers me see lot of negative coments saying that they dont like the game because they wanted a dark souls like instead of this masterpiece of combat
  59. May 16, 2019
    It is a very good game. Very challenging and entertaining. Their mini bosses reach levels of demand even higher than some bosses. Very good game. 100% recommended
  60. May 29, 2019
    Sekiro :shadows die twice is one of the best gaming experiences I have had till date,it easily reaches my top 5 of most satisfying games.
    The combat is fluid responsive and hectic,you truly feel like a shinobi fighting against everything else to save your master at all costs,the game brings out the best from 'from softwares' level design,the world feels interconnected and cohesive,with each deathblow you get to feel the mechanics of the game tightening itself around you if that makes sense,the game latches itself on to you and the feeling of satisfaction that comes from beating a 'from software' game is still there and it plays a good part in giving you the ultimate shinobi experience.
  61. Jul 20, 2019
    Incredible like other Fromsoftware games :
    Incredible like other Fromsoftware games :
    Gamplay is faster now in sekiro and story is good too but camera is bad in small location its the only sekiro proplem however enemys are not as good as the other Fromsoftware games . Sekiro is somthing else and you shouldnt look at this game like soulsborne series . From my idia sekiro was harder than bloodborn but not darksouls 3 . Sekiro is much abut combat system and skills and the amazing posture system and there is no vitality system .
    Just go and play this amazing game . And in the end : 1 ) bloodborne
    2 ) sekiro 3 )dark souls 3 My top 3 Fromsoftware games .
  62. Jun 15, 2019
    It’s a very good game but is it a very difficult it’s a challeng for hardcore gamer
  63. Feb 26, 2020
    This game is a master piece, I´m still playing it, the battles are awesome and some of them very difficult, lots of skills to learn, lots of exploration and very good gameplay. If you like a challenge, this game is a must
  64. Feb 1, 2020
    For me, this is tied with bloodborne as From Softwares best game. The combat is the best thing about it. Every fight from the last boss to normal enemies feels very epic and fair for both you and the thing you're fighting. The map is very beautiful and has many varying locations all of which were great. The bosses are also tied with bloodborne, all the main bosses all feel unique and veryFor me, this is tied with bloodborne as From Softwares best game. The combat is the best thing about it. Every fight from the last boss to normal enemies feels very epic and fair for both you and the thing you're fighting. The map is very beautiful and has many varying locations all of which were great. The bosses are also tied with bloodborne, all the main bosses all feel unique and very challenging (in a good way), the best boss in my opinion is Owl (Father).
    Check this game out!
  65. Nov 23, 2019
    Welcome to Mr. Balbool reviews,
    Welcome to Mr. Balbool reviews,
    Firstoff I know I'm late to this but all those early reviews criticisms are just unjustified, sekiro never said it was an rpg. It's not suppose to be a grindfest where u can upgrade ur character to **** and face tank the boss like a degenerate as in sekiro there's no guaranteed way u get your money back after death and if ur stuck at a boss either perfect his moveset counters or giveup cuz it's not getting any ezer

Their's a stealth system that's very rewarding but they need to remove useless items for it like ceramic shard that brings no substance to the gameplay at all, the point of them is to distract the ais so you can backstab them or separate them from their gang to an easier 1v1 but I never found a scenario where they didn't get alerted by me or I rather just use the shuriken prosthetic. Fromsoftware fix your dumb*** alert range or remove this trash from the game.

30 new varied minibosses that are challenging, but no longer am I excited to fight one further in the game cuz I've seen the same god damn model twice before, Sekiro has so many reused models. For the 30 bosses that their are in the game it feels like 60 and it burns u out real quick.

Another point is in Ashina after divine realm things tend to become very laggy as too much is going on

My last point is the prosthetic tools tree, from my understanding at first: get tool u want to upgrade, get materials then upgrade simple right? Nah. you want to upgrade this tool get another tool first, oh yeah i forgot to tell u u need to upgrade that one too before actually upgrading the one u wanted in the first place. I was close to the ending of the game and I had only upgraded my tool twice just cuz these limitations. Even MHW had a better weapon tree that this.

And as usual since the dark ages fromsoftware didn't fix the camera but at this point wtf

All these minor issues add up to Sekiro not being the successor of Bloodborne but more like the predecessor of something upcoming that's promising.
    Conclusion - you can appreciate the classic detailed world storytelling, more subtle but still complex story, more open maps with the new grappling hook, secret shinobi walls/boss phases, one of the best ever combat systems and your character can physically jump now so that's a +
  66. Mar 22, 2019
    A better game than expected.
    The From software succeeded the gameplay of the Soul series and Blood Borne, but made a nice IP game with a new attempt. The manipulation of the battle unmistakably provides the thrill and thrill that has never been seen before.
  67. Mar 22, 2019
    From software has done it again
    Sekiro shadows die twice isn't just brutally difficult, its brutally amazing
    Everything about this game oozes quality and finesse. This is a game crafted with love and care and I can't recommend it enough. Even if you don't like the souls games, i still absolutely recommend it. Its gameplay is drastically different from souls or bloodborne and thats
    From software has done it again
    Sekiro shadows die twice isn't just brutally difficult, its brutally amazing
    Everything about this game oozes quality and finesse.
    This is a game crafted with love and care and I can't recommend it enough.
    Even if you don't like the souls games, i still absolutely recommend it.
    Its gameplay is drastically different from souls or bloodborne and thats what makes it awesome
  68. Mar 22, 2019
    One of the Best game this year! If you like Tenchu and Dark souls this is a perfect game for you!! Punishing gameplay as expected from Fromsoft. Definitely not for casual gamers out there.
  69. Mar 22, 2019
    Great game, combat is fluent, the difficulty is there, its a nice tenchu souls blend of a game im too lazy to write a whole review so there thats all you get
  70. Mar 22, 2019
    A really great game that starts to expand what the soulsborne franchise made, and creates something new altogether
  71. Mar 22, 2019
    Sekiro is a great game with great graphics, they are the best this generation of consoles has seen, but it still is a sight to behold. The game play is top-notch, as expected from From Software, and the implication of the grapple in the wide world is amazing. The combat is also another splendid feature that shows this is a From Software game. I highly recommend playing this game.
  72. Mar 23, 2019
    For an old school Tenchu fan like me, this is the game I was waiting for.
    For veteran SoulsBorn fans, it might take time to learn the new combat system, but once you master it, you will feel like a god.
    For an old school Tenchu fan like me, this is the game I was waiting for.
    You can pause, you can swim, you can jump, and while you have more freedom of exploration and movement than ever, the combat's steep learning curve can really punish you early in the game.- The progression is cruel, but fair and extremely satisfying. It is admittedly a hard game, but if you stick with it, you will love it.
  73. Mar 25, 2019
    My first impression of this game was a bit "meh." I'm a soulsborne vet and I love things about those games that were clearly not a part of Sekiro (obscure story, collecting armor, lack of explanation about anything, creepy vibe).

However, after giving it five hours, I am convinced this game is yet another masterpiece of From's. Is it my favorite of theirs? No, it's going to take a lot to beat BB and DS, but it belongs and I know I'll be playing this one through many times.

If you're on the fence, take it from me and from other reviewers: you need to give it several hours before it "clicks." Get past some of the mini bosses, and the first main boss Gyoubu. Look up tips on how to beat him if necessary because it'll inform how to beat other bosses.

I'm an explorer and love finding secrets. Trust me, there are tons of those as you progress and you're rewarded for going off the beaten path.

Enjoy, use the wiki/youtube if you need, and give it a solid chance before giving up!
  74. Mar 22, 2019
    Aquela sensação de medo e de não saber o que te aguarda que a fromsoftware faz com maestria, simplesmente incrível, cada cenário cada inimigo tudo jogão
  75. Mar 25, 2019
    This game is NOT for the filthy casuals (APEX, Madden, Fortnite, NBA2K) and the salty complainers about the game's difficulty.. or Please stop writing negative reviews since you are NOT qualified to play this game. This game separates the men from the boys.. The Dark Souls & Bloodborne fans assume this will be similar, but has a rude awakening - ITS NOT! This is a game that requiresThis game is NOT for the filthy casuals (APEX, Madden, Fortnite, NBA2K) and the salty complainers about the game's difficulty.. or Please stop writing negative reviews since you are NOT qualified to play this game. This game separates the men from the boys.. The Dark Souls & Bloodborne fans assume this will be similar, but has a rude awakening - ITS NOT! This is a game that requires a lot of concentration, patience and perseverance. If you don't have the patience to die 100X to learn how to defeat some of the toughest bosses then this game is NOT for you.. This game is designed specifically for intelligent gamers that have refined tastes.

I have put in about 15hrs+ and so far I would give this 9.5 overall. It's an absolute fantastic game! The story is absolutely memorizing and the battles are intense.. You have to be patient, smart, and just plain "git gud". The graphics people complaining about seems pretty pathetic.. The GRAPHICS ARE GREAT! I would give it a 9/10.. Is it God of War graphics good no, but its not freaken PS2 or PS3 quality.

The music and the ambient effects are great! I love the boss battles so far and the learning how to combo and parry in this game.

Gameplay - in absolute 10 -

Overall - This is just a masterpiece. Absolute enthralling battle and action sequences. The story is very interesting and its for true gamers are willing to accept the toughest boss and game challenges. For the casuals and madden/nba2k gamers stay away.. This game was not designed for low IQ.
  76. Apr 6, 2019
    If the game is hard, git gud. Stop crying about it in your review that you gave a zero because, once again, you should probably just git gud. Do people really complain about how many GB's the game file is....c'mon dude git gud. Are people ACTUALLY saying this game ripped off Nioh??? Nioh OBVIOUSLY copied FromSoftware's games that's why it was a good game, so get it straight, oh and gitIf the game is hard, git gud. Stop crying about it in your review that you gave a zero because, once again, you should probably just git gud. Do people really complain about how many GB's the game file is....c'mon dude git gud. Are people ACTUALLY saying this game ripped off Nioh??? Nioh OBVIOUSLY copied FromSoftware's games that's why it was a good game, so get it straight, oh and git gud. In closing, stop crying, git gud and have a lovely day.
    P.S. Slant Magazine is absolut trash. Their game reviews are click-bait and their reviewers need to git gud.
    P.S.S. To all the "soulbourne veterans" who had the audacity to complain about difficulty in a FromSoftware game, you frauds need to go down to the store and pick up a big bottle of maximum strength GitGud.
  77. Mar 22, 2019
    Отличная игра с отличной боевкой, разрабам удалось переместить все самое лучшее из серии Souls и сделать это еще лучше, отличная графика а анимация всего, что только можно перечислить, настоятельно советую играть с Японской озвучкой.
    И если не сможете убить первого босса с первой попытки, пожалуйста не ломайте
    монитор, ему тоже больно(
    И если не сможете убить первого босса с первой попытки, пожалуйста не ломайте
    монитор, ему тоже больно(
  78. Mar 22, 2019
    diferente a la saga souls pero su escencia esta ahi, juegazo por donde se mire...
  79. Mar 24, 2019
    Strong GOTY contender.
    I highly recommend it to everyone that is looking for a challenging but rewarding experience.
    Strong GOTY contender.
    The combat is great and never gets old, the music is original and adds more atmosphere to it's impressive areas, the bosses are unique and some of the best I've ever seen in any From Software game and the addition of mini bosses lets you practice and test your combat skills.
    The game may be challenging at first but mastering it's mechanics is incredibly rewarding gameplay wise.
    And for people that might think Sekiro is just a soulsborne game they're totally wrong. It does have some similarities but it has it's own identity, combat and way of telling it's story.
  80. Mar 24, 2019
    Instant game of the year contender. From Software's Sekiro shows why it was going to be a Tenchu game. It's lineage is undeniable but this is the most hardcore Tenchu game you've ever played. It's without a doubt easier and harder than their previous souls series. The general enemies are easier then they have ever been because you can stealth kill everybody in the level if you soInstant game of the year contender. From Software's Sekiro shows why it was going to be a Tenchu game. It's lineage is undeniable but this is the most hardcore Tenchu game you've ever played. It's without a doubt easier and harder than their previous souls series. The general enemies are easier then they have ever been because you can stealth kill everybody in the level if you so choose. But then the mini bosses and actual bosses come along...

They aren't the most difficult bosses but they are very challenging and there are very few options to power up and brute force your way through a boss. You can farm xp and money to buy new skills and other things but you can't raise your base stats. If you aren't sure of yourself or willing to improve you could hit a brick wall after a few hours and give up.

If you can make it past the first mini boss and main boss then you are set. When going through the game the path you are on may not be the lowest level/easiest way and there is no way to tell so if you get stuck just try a different path in the world. This will help you gradually improve your character as you find beads in chests, from vendors, or from any mini bosses you manage to kill.
    These gives you extra HP and stamina to block with. If you manage to kill any main boss you get a permanent damage boost. You may also stumble across the more than a dozen weapons you can equip on your shinobi arm. Find one that really makes you more comfortable when you play is a huge benefit.

Combat is very responsive and nearly all the problems like phantom hits, delayed actions after button presses, and unresponsive controls from the souls series have been fixed. On my 1080ti at 4k I get a solid 60fps on a mixture of High and Highest settings so the game runs well also much better than previous From games.

Try not to get too angry when you sit back and enjoy ancient castles, bamboo forests, acid swamps, mountain side temples, forsaken villages, and more in this gorgeous modern Tenchu game. #gameoftheyear maybe
  81. Mar 22, 2019
    I'm not far into the game, but so far I'm find it extremely enjoyable. The controls felt a bit uncomfortable at first, but Sekiro allows the player to customize the button mapping almost any way they want. The story so far is engaging and has me on the edge of my seat to see what happens next the gameplay is perfect especially for those that enjoy styles similar to this. the combat is veryI'm not far into the game, but so far I'm find it extremely enjoyable. The controls felt a bit uncomfortable at first, but Sekiro allows the player to customize the button mapping almost any way they want. The story so far is engaging and has me on the edge of my seat to see what happens next the gameplay is perfect especially for those that enjoy styles similar to this. the combat is very fluid and there's even a shinobi who lets you practice techniques on/with him so if you're struggling with combos, defense or whatever. you can "git gud." on the Ps4pro graphics and sound are stellar in my opinion. finally I only took one point away because of the initial control frustration Expand
  82. Mar 23, 2019
    If you love soulsborne series you’re going to love sekiro shadow die twice....with mor engaging combat than previous miyazaki games,satisfying stealth mechanics,spectacular bossesand easier story telling methods this game take the formula to another level !
  83. Mar 23, 2019
    Sekiro is a fun challenge with fast paced combat and From Software's usual grittiness.
  84. Mar 23, 2019
    Sekiro ha dado la vuelta a la tortilla , innovando algo que parecía imposible ya. Después de jugar a toda la saga souls y a bloodborn no esperaba algo grandioso. Aquí premian mucho más la habilidad del usuario en el juego (eliminando el chinofarmeo de xp para mejorar tus atributos de los souls) e incita al mismo a seguir intentando si muere, puesto que no podrá mejorar a su personaje y enSekiro ha dado la vuelta a la tortilla , innovando algo que parecía imposible ya. Después de jugar a toda la saga souls y a bloodborn no esperaba algo grandioso. Aquí premian mucho más la habilidad del usuario en el juego (eliminando el chinofarmeo de xp para mejorar tus atributos de los souls) e incita al mismo a seguir intentando si muere, puesto que no podrá mejorar a su personaje y en muchos casos avanzar.
    En definitiva, uno de mis juegos favoritos de 2019, superando incluso a los souls
  85. Mar 23, 2019
    This game gave me the most best time on the first 10 min. Never was a Game so easy to pick up. Not because its easy. The game is more challenging than the souls series. At lest for me. No. The game is easy to pick up is because its so much fun. 10/10 for the combat alone
  86. Mar 24, 2019
    Playing this on PC. The controls are tight and responsive that leads to a difficult but fair and very satisfying gameplay experience. Its extremely atmospheric, it always has a surprise up its sleeve and it actually has a story and an antagonist. Its simply a terrific game, much less iterative than the previous efforts From Software has published before. I feel their work has finallyPlaying this on PC. The controls are tight and responsive that leads to a difficult but fair and very satisfying gameplay experience. Its extremely atmospheric, it always has a surprise up its sleeve and it actually has a story and an antagonist. Its simply a terrific game, much less iterative than the previous efforts From Software has published before. I feel their work has finally reached a point of polish that deserves wide spread appeal and recognition. Expand
  87. Mar 26, 2019
    As a longtime souls fan, I was hyped for this game but did not expect to be so blown away. The combat is absolutely genius and fair. The music score is absolutely beautiful and tense. The level design is perfect and really might be best in the series. Can't recommend this enough.
  88. Mar 26, 2019
    Sekiro is fantastic. It feels familiar to souls fans but it also manages to feel completely different. It has its own lore that is actually easier to understand than the souls games because there are many avenues to actually get some lore. The main bosses are all unique and offer many phases. The bosses will kill you a lot but like any good souls game from the past, conquering that bossSekiro is fantastic. It feels familiar to souls fans but it also manages to feel completely different. It has its own lore that is actually easier to understand than the souls games because there are many avenues to actually get some lore. The main bosses are all unique and offer many phases. The bosses will kill you a lot but like any good souls game from the past, conquering that boss that has killed you for hours will feel amazing and will give you a rush that simply cannot be felt from many other games. Where Sekiro falls a little short for me is with its prosthetic tools. A lot of them are far too situational and some are just not really worth using as it may get you hit if you try to use one and when you get hit you lose a lot of hp in this game. Overall the game is fantastic and worth picking up. There are 4 different endings and a new game plus to keep people playing even after the credits roll. Expand
  89. Mar 26, 2019
    This is the worst game, not just by Fromsoft but in the history of games.
    There's no depth and skill involved in the combat, you just mash two buttons, unlike in Dark Souls where you mash one.
    Its just a **** rhythm game with no actual gameplay involved and you have to actually learn the bosses' patterns to defeat them. This is just a bad copy of Nioh and Soulsborne games. You can only
    This is the worst game, not just by Fromsoft but in the history of games.
    This is just a bad copy of Nioh and Soulsborne games.
    You can only use one main weapon to beat the game and that's bad because having lots of weapons and using five of them was much better.
    You have to play in the way that was intended by the developers, because breaking the game with unintended methods is clearly evidence of good game design.
    You're just fighting the same enemies and minibosses over and over again and of course them being placed in different environments changes nothing about the way you fight them.
    The only reason why this game is being praised is because its made by Fromsoft and if you disagree with me, your opinion is WRONG and you are a From fangay as well.
  90. Mar 22, 2019
    Amazing game. A brilliant combat system, a beautiful game art and an innovative game design. Thank you from software!
  91. Mar 24, 2019
    absolute frikin masterpiece what a game wow. mechanics are solid and the atmosphere is unlike any game i've played in a long time.
  92. Mar 24, 2019
    Fantastic, spectacular, amazing, difficult, crisp, fresh, electrifying, superb!

Fantastic, spectacular, amazing, difficult, crisp, fresh, electrifying, superb!

The game is everything I hoped it will be, but above all, it bring a fresh, demanding combat system for anyone who wants to push their limits and be challenged! No longer you can fall back to always safe methods like spamming rolls, or cower behind the shield. In the spirit of samurai classics like Go Rin No Sho or Hagakure, Sekiro wants you to face the danger head on - unflinching, with straight body and alert mind, depending on your well honed defensive reflexes to push on attack until you break the enemy's posture and score a deathblow, brushing aside attacks and tricks of your foes as you go. The feeling of accomplishment after defeating a boss in this game is unrivaled.

Compared to tired, formulaic "triple A" games-as-service like Anthem or Assassin's Creed that offer only ego pampering and boring routine sprinkled with a few trinkets from lootboxes, Sekiro does not want to scam you for extra money with lootbox lottery, does not want to hook you up for boredom shifts that resemble work, no, Sekiro is a honest, purely single player game cooked with raw difficulty, solid, well thought design and thick, immersive atmosphere we know from the Souls games.

Congrats, From Software, you have conquered the gaming world again!
  93. Mar 24, 2019
    Jogo do ano! Ação e combates excelentes com uma jogabilidade fluida. Ninja Gaiden, Tenchu e Soulsborne, combinação perfeita!
  94. Mar 24, 2019
    Didn't know that i would enjoy this game, boy was i wrong I'm having a blast playing this masterpiece definitely 10/10
  95. Mar 25, 2019
    When you first start the game you might be thinking "oh wow this combat is excellent what a unique and excellent experience.....however eventually the game fights back it introduces nearly one hit kill enemies and attacks from groups. I would honestly rather jerk off with some barbed wire then torture myself anymore with this experience. But can't let the game.....can't let it win...... IWhen you first start the game you might be thinking "oh wow this combat is excellent what a unique and excellent experience.....however eventually the game fights back it introduces nearly one hit kill enemies and attacks from groups. I would honestly rather jerk off with some barbed wire then torture myself anymore with this experience. But can't let the game.....can't let it win...... I haven't seen my family since this game released *sobbing* 10/10 would suffer again Expand
  96. Mar 26, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. At first glance the gameplay may seem extremely basic, just one attack button and one guard button after all. But the amount of timing, prediction, and skill needed to succeed in battles is so much more in depth. You can't just learn boss patterns like in Dark Souls, because timing is so much more necessary.

Those that continue to try and think of this game as Dark Souls are guaranteed to fail, because this is nothing like dark souls and there is no reason why it should be. Whats the harm in FromSoftware branching out and succeeding so wonderfully after all?

If there is any issue I ever have with the game, it stems from momentary frustration due to my own ineptitude, and is easily remedied by me thinking back on my mistakes. Once I realize what I did wrong it is easy to remedy and try something different. Bosses like Genichiro or Lady Butterfly can't be fought defensively, meanwhile bosses like Guardian Ape or Corrupted Monk can't be completely offensively. Yes, both need offense and defense in specific balance, but it becomes easy to tell simply by how the enemy moves and attacks.

Simply put, I fail to find much fault in this game overall, it simply accommodates with so much of my preferences in games. It's skill based and fair, but punishing if you get even slightly too cocky. The bosses all have simple ways to win, but it takes a while to figure it out if you aren't paying attention. And the story, oh god the story and characters are just fantastic-.

Now, I'm very nearly finished with the game (At the Isshin fight going for the Severing of Immortality ending.) So it isn't like i'm completely talking hot air.
  97. Mar 26, 2019
    From Software can’t cease to impress! Thank you very much team From Software for this gem, clearly a lot of work and passion went to it. And the business model is exemplary, great job on this amazing entry and definitely looking forward to your continuation!
    Pros:
    - Amazing artwork, lore and graphics. - The combat is really innovative and challenging, perfecting it requires skill,
    Pros:
    - Amazing artwork, lore and graphics.
    - The combat is really innovative and challenging, perfecting it requires skill, practice and patience.
    - Top notch world and character design accompanied with a compelling story.
    - Amazing voice acting in both Japanese and English and a top soundtrack to compliment this amazingly executed game.
    Cons:
    None.

I put a score of 10 and it is a deserved 10 for me, not to counter the pathetic 0.. I fully recommend this masterpiece to anyone up for the difficulty.
  98. Mar 23, 2019
    FromSoftware have grown into one of those studios whose game releases are big events. And I'm really glad as they are one of the few companies out there devoted to strong singleplayer games and the Soulsbourne games are one of the reasons I got into gaming.

That being said, Sekiro is a masterpiece. Its a natural evolution on the soulsbourne games and is different in all the right ways. I bestow my highest praises on FromSoftware, they are true masters of the art of making videogames, and while I play Sekiro, I eagerly await their next game no matter how long it takes.
  99. Mar 22, 2019
    I'm absolutely amazed by how different this is compared to other FromSoftware games!
    Fantastic combat with a great design and thrilling boss fights
    Hands down, worth a shot ;)
  100. Mar 23, 2019
    My expectations were high, and Sekiro managed to exceed them. FromSoftware, once again, delivers the best level design in video games. However, this time around they have included a combat engine with a greater degree of dynamism, allowing for intense skirmishes based on parrying, deflecting, and good 'ol maneuvering. Honestly, combat is the best a FromSoftware game has ever been. ItMy expectations were high, and Sekiro managed to exceed them. FromSoftware, once again, delivers the best level design in video games. However, this time around they have included a combat engine with a greater degree of dynamism, allowing for intense skirmishes based on parrying, deflecting, and good 'ol maneuvering. Honestly, combat is the best a FromSoftware game has ever been. It stands among the best in the entire art form. The world is rich and beautiful and well realized. The leveling system has been dramatically simplified, but in its place is a fantastic system for developing, and upgrading, your shinobi prosthetic (which essentially acts as a sub-weapon). The traversal in this game is shockingly satisfying. I was not expecting that. I figured we would get something along the line of the grappling hook in the Arkham games (which I always found a little cumbersome), but instead the grappling hook feels fast and fluid. The traversal in this game feels like it mixes the best elements of the traditional Souls level design/progression, with BotW's emphasis on verticality and freedom. The balance it strikes is extremely satisfying, providing an end result that makes the traversal feel incredible, but without undermining the tight level design. Sekiro is a marvel. It is going to be brought down by the barrier of entry (which forces people to play Sekiro in a thoughtful manner), as frustrated gamers are bound to lash out, but don't pay them any mind. Sekiro is one of the best games ever made. Quite possibly the best game of this generation. Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 76 Critic Reviews

1. May 15, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an enjoyable, yet deeply challenging game. It's not really a Dark Souls with samurais game, but whether or not you enjoyed the difficulty level of the battles in Dark Souls will be a good benchmark in gauging how much you'll like Sekiro. If you're persistent, up for a challenge, and don't become frustrated easily, then Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an easy game to recommend.
  2. Apr 28, 2019
    Though Sekiro feels impossibly hard at times, the level of euphoria you experience when delivering a death blow to a tricky boss or when you finally clear a castle grounds of all enemies is almost unparalleled.
  3. Apr 27, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice succeeds in its incredibly visceral combat and stealth all while being set in an engaging game world. However, its linear character growth options and repetitive combat begin to dull the experience after you get over the initial hump.