7.9

1. May 25, 2019
    It's ok if you want to make a hard game, but when you do make sure you give players the best tools so we can do the job fairly. This is not the case with sekiro. This is the game where the developer still want your money and do whatever they want to players without consent. I know you can deflect, parry and dodge the attacts, but pretty much most of times it's about rock paper scissors.It's ok if you want to make a hard game, but when you do make sure you give players the best tools so we can do the job fairly. This is not the case with sekiro. This is the game where the developer still want your money and do whatever they want to players without consent. I know you can deflect, parry and dodge the attacts, but pretty much most of times it's about rock paper scissors. Most tools and moves are pretty much useless too, only some of them are useful, and i don't understand why a badass shinobi like wolf/sekiro needs 3-5 second pause to drink his potion while the enemy in front of him is going haywire. Also some technical issues like camera and unresponsive control {PS4 version played), especially when you fight a boss in a confined space the camera just going haywire and i don't even know the position of the boss is, next thing i know i got slashed from behind and walah...DEAD. I clocked this game for 70 hours and i spent most of those hours on bosses. Yeah yeah i know you the badass gamer will say "You suck man", But you probably don't have family or a job, but i do. The reason i played this game is because of the hype and i don't want to waste money on the game i already bought. Lastly this is gonna be the first time and the last time i play fromsoftware game. Thanks fromsoftware for wasting 70 hours of my time. Expand
  2. May 24, 2019
    Однообразные мобы. Незапоминающиеся боссы.. Отсутствие вещей и оружие.Дибильный протез,вернее задумка интересная, но по большому счёту кроме крюка, практической пользы мало. Как любителю соулс серии игра не зашла.
  3. May 23, 2019
    Oh dear From Software, you made a bit of a boring and repetitive game didn't you? What a shame you didn't double down and actually make a different style of game altogether - whereas in reality, it's pretty much a watered down Dark Souls experience.
    Sure, you stripped out the online fun and the character-creator and the in depth RPG mechanics and various upgrade systems and numerous ways to fight and explore the world.
    And sadly replaced it with a dull protagonist, and even duller story and lots and lots of interchangeable bosses that you can parry and counter to death.
    Well done From Software, well the f@*k done.
  4. May 21, 2019
    This is the first game i play from From Software. The aesthetic and the setting of this game drew me to it so i decided to give a shot.

Unfortunately, i lost interest in the game after about 15 hours. It felt like the game boiled down to simply memorizing attack patterns for bosses. Once you understand the parry system and that almost ANYTHING can be parried no matter the size of enemy. Trash mobs become a joke. Bosses mostly felt like a chore. If you're like me and have a very limited amount of time to play video games, you will likely not want to spend hours on a single boss and then you will cheese the encounter just to repeat the pattern. Due to the extreme difficulty though, it felt pretty good to beat the bosses.

The progression doesn't feel worth it. You get some new attacks, but your mostly good with your first spinning attack combat art that you unlock. Many skills are just passives that make you deal more posture damage or the ability to carry more spirit emblems. It just doesn't feel worth it. Don't get me wrong, they're super useful, it's just boring. Of the skills you do get that alter the way you play, only mikiri counter and chasing slice. Honestly I am tired to death of the sound effect for executions without even completing the game.

The threat of losing XP and money wasn't even tangible when I played, since you can just farm an area until you get a skill point, buy stuff for your hard earned money and then carry on without losing anything if you die. And there's the supposed "punishment" for dying which will lower your unseen aid. You will never have a use for unseen aid even if you keep your dragon rot at bay.

The prosthetic tools are fun, but the "loaded" upgrades you get are simply not useful because you will very rarely get the breathing room to use them. The game also tells you very little about what uses many of the tools have and you will simply have to try them out while you die over and over. Some prosthetic tools do massive posture damage to bosses when you have the right upgrade, but good luck finding out how to do it. I'm amazed by how some players first though of some of the things, it's just convoluted.

The different areas are varying, but the level design is not impressive. It is extremely linear with some verticality and often there are not many more ways to approach a situation than head on.

Story wise, it is pretty amazing, which makes me sad to abandon it. I will probably just watch a recap.
  5. May 20, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A great game with a great story and incredible soundtrack background Without a doubt one of the best games of this year Expand
  6. May 20, 2019
    Going into Sekiro I wasn't expecting the best I think it down to Activison being involved with the project that and I was alittle salty that it wasn't Bloodborne 2.
    But good lord I was so wrong about this game. Sekiro is a masterclass in both visual storytelling and satisfying melee combat with a progression system that whilst not as expansive as the Soulsborne games is still expansive resulting in different skill combinations (At least in the first playthrough).
    But why should you play Sekiro ? simple, it provides a rush of thrills unlike any game From Software have created thanks to the reworked combat that is almost like a rhythm game as timing the parries is key and knowing when to attack is important also.
    Sekiro also contains a large variety of bosses with their own unique movesets and hazards to avoid and every victory I had was always satisfying giving me a feeling I hadn't felt since finishing the Soulsborne games for the first time moments like Making a God Tier build in Demon's Souls, Defeating Ornstein and Smough for the first time on 0 Estus, Getting the DLC crowns in Dark Souls II, The moment everything gets Tilted in Bloodborne, And the first time fighting Soul Of Cinder as a fan of the series. Moments like this will stay with me and Sekiro has plenty of moments like that if not topping those experiences at times.
    Sekiro is not without it's faults though a good example being how overpowered the "Shinobi Firecrackers" are as I believe most if not all bosses have a flinch effect when the player uses these. Tools like the Sabimaru or the Folded Umbrella feel borderline underpowered with very limited uses in fact I only used the Purple Folded Umbrella on NG+ to make short work of the Shichimen Warrior boss who's projectiles can be easily countered with this tool.
    Also some bosses are straight up bad like The Divine Dragon and The Mist Noble who are basically just obstacles in the way of the player similar to something like Allant in Demon's Souls or The Congregation in Dark Souls II.
    Ultimately though Sekiro is a masterpiece of immesurable scale and should be something in your game library before the end of this generation and I hope we can get some expansion to the lore of Ashina and the characters that inhabit it although a Bloodborne 2 would be nice before that.
  7. May 19, 2019
    Great game, but for me it´s From Software´s weakest game this generation. It´s lack of RPG elements and progression hurts the experience in my opinion. However, there is a lot of fun to be had here. The combat is the best of the Soul games, and it sets the foundation for more to come.
  8. May 18, 2019
    As a Dark Souls veteran, I found this game’s combat and environment infectious. It took the challenge to a whole new level beyond Souls and Bloodborne, and I’m never one to back down.

The environment is beautiful. It’s inspired, and comprehensive, much like any souls game, but perhaps most similar in its’ singular theme to Bloodborne. What I mean by that is most of the areas do look to be of the same world, unlike the stunningly different areas of dark souls, but within that, the vistas are highly varied with rooftops, castles, plains, jungles, caves, etc. Each new view is perhaps more beautiful than the last.

While you never get a different primary sword to play with, you have plenty of abilities and arm attachment to vary up the combat and overall play experience. These can either be very useful or entirely useless depending on how you choose to play the game. I found it most fun to take full advantage of these abilities and learn to use them as needed as an extension of my base options. This kept the combat more interesting.

The combat in the game is very polished, and actually very diverse, if you let it be. You can truly play most fights many different ways and they are all viable. You can play with a lot of vertical movement and jumps, or with only ground movement and heavy on parries, or you can play the fast shinobi, running around your enemy at high speed landing slices as you pass their flank at high speed. I think the latter can be highly fun, but also very dangerous, and works best when you have high confidence in an encounter and have really learned the enemy moveset. The point is you can fight many different ways and they all work, and that’s awesome.

Now about the combat difficulty.. well it’s hard. Very hard. And it’s different. Just because you are good at Souls does not mean you will have anything close to resembling an easy go at this game. The main issue with the combat is, it can be broken. There are ways to attack enemies with highly aggressive approaches that I think break the intended flow of combat on most bosses. With that said, just don’t look up guides. I did not get any guide help and found the fights to be absolutely thrilling. One boss took me 8 hours to beat, and I regret none of it. I got to the point where I knew every move and how to address each one in sequence when to dodge when to parry when to use certain abilities, it became a complicated dance. It was an absolutely thrilling challenge that I’ve never had to quite that extent in any other game.

This combat comes with a downside due to the game’s design. Some bosses have a sort of “final form” once you’ve beaten them that you have to contend with. The issue is, if you best them in a proper fashion, it is a long, difficult process, and then out of nowhere there is a whole new moveset. Learning their previous moveset took hours, and even if you come in to the final form with full health never taking a hit, they can dispose of you nearly instantaneously. That is when the game, for me, goes from thrillingly difficult, to stiflingly difficult. It’s a mechanic that was present in DS and BB, an enrage form, but those games were much more forgiving, and so you could push through it without as much effort.

If you take the easy way out and find combat guides, the combat becomes easier, but also very one-dimensional. You don’t quite cheese the encounters, but you certainly limit their scope, and it doesn’t feel like the way the fight was meant to be encountered. I’d suggest trying each fight on your own, it’s a much better experience.

The lesser, non-boss enemies can likewise be extremely difficult, with certain levels having chains of enemies that are absolutely brutal. The variance among enemies, however, is lacking compared to DS and BB, with most feeling quite similar being almost all humans. It’s my biggest letdown.

Finally, there are enemies which require a certain consumable in order to be hit. This consumable can only be dropped from certain enemies and at very low rates. This is similar to other consumable requirements in other games, but it just goes too far here. It is ridiculously tedious to farm and the end result is you farm for an hour to get a few minutes of fighting in which.. just sucks when it takes so long to properly learn boss fights. It’s my understanding they have done some rebalancing to fix this, though I cannot comment on this as I have not played since the patch.

All in all, it’s an amazing game, and worth the money and then some. It’s not perfect, and it’s not quite the best experience FromSoftware has to offer, but it is beautiful, mostly well designed, and enjoyable, if you enjoy a challenge that is.
  9. May 18, 2019
    booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring
  10. May 18, 2019
    I love the souls games and bloodborne is possibly my favourite ps4 game but this just seems over the top grinding and not alot of fun was really looking forward to it aswell but oh well time to trade it in.
  11. May 18, 2019
    Shameful clone of Nioh.

They even copy the overall musical theme (yeah saying that they're japanese tune is not an excuse). They clone the design, locations, literally everything. You would not be able to distinguish the two games if they were not set in two slightly different japanese periods, so the overall architecture is just slightly different. The only difference is that combat
    Shameful clone of Nioh.

The only difference is that combat in Nioh is thousands of times better than this mess.

However, given the big name of From Software, they're able to get away with it just fine. Very, very shameful to do something like that in my opinion.

The game itself has literally nothing. It's just a bad version of Bloodborne, with even less weapons (i.e. no weapons at all), armors (no armors at all), and items (no items at all).

Most likely this took like 2 weeks for From Software to develop, they just stripped Bloodborne to the bare minimum to call it a game, reskinned it after the success of Nioh (deserved success, it's a masterpiece) and put it on the market.

I really don't understand the high scores...don't waste your money like I did. It's a very bad game, filled with the usual From Software bugs, which here are even more extreme. There are countless instances of enemies standing in front of a wall doing nothing.

The game is to be played stealthy, in theory. In practice most enemies can see you through walls, breaking your stealth.

The combat, as pointed out by many many users, feels random at best. Forget the strategy and rewarding gameplay of Dark Souls. This is something inbetween Lord Of The Fallen and The Surge. Sometimes something happens, you have no idea why. You acquire new skills, they're completely useless against enemies.

Nothing does any damage at all. Shuriken? No damage (in Nioh you could do a ninja build killing a boss only with shurikens). Axe? No damage (I hit a boss in the face with the axe, no damage at all). The fire crap? No damage.
    Basically the shinobi arm is just a gimmick that you will soon forget about, because it's completely useless against bosses and mini-bosses, no item you can ever mount there will do any sort of damage.
    Of course there's no healing and each and every boss and miniboss will always oneshoot you, no matter what.

Deflecting simply does not work, it requires timings so precise that it's impossible to achieve with the absurd amount of input lag the game suffers from. You have L1 pressed, you release it, you press R1, the game acts as you pressed R1+L1. This is the first time ever I see this in a game.

The only strategy that works for bosses and mini-bosses is to look up online what is the trick to cheese them, because most of them are vulnerable to some sort of buggy AI behavior. You need to execute exactly the outlined movements, always the same, always in the same exact way. Just hitting the boss with your sword won't do any damage.

Where's the fun in that? It's not even a matter of difficulty (I can go over Dark Souls 1/2/3 and Bloodborne easily), it's just too much repetitive. If you played Lords Of The Fallen, you know what I mean.

What a wasted opportunity.
  12. Apr 26, 2019
    This is first and foremost a From Software title. What it is not is a Soul Borne game. This is the mistake that most people are making going in to this game. This game is a credit to how good the developers at From Software really are. They have made genre that has set a standard in the gaming industry that most hardcore gamer's have come to respect. Sekiro is proof that the developersThis is first and foremost a From Software title. What it is not is a Soul Borne game. This is the mistake that most people are making going in to this game. This game is a credit to how good the developers at From Software really are. They have made genre that has set a standard in the gaming industry that most hardcore gamer's have come to respect. Sekiro is proof that the developers don't have to keep making the same kind of game to make a good game. Sekiro has the difficulty of a Souls game and a few other of its traits but for the most part it is it's own thing. It sets out to be a trying test of your skills and patience Samurai game and it does it 100% ! Sekiro is set in dark war torn Japan that is very realistic with a touch of fantasy thrown in. In that it is still a very beautiful fully realized world. It aims to test your skills at every turn, which it does very well. This is the kind of game when you take out a mob or kill a mini boss you feel as if you have just conquered something great. If you have patience and the want to be pushed to your limit Sekiro is for you. When you come out on the other side you can actually feel proud because you have accomplished something that so many will give up on. Prepare to not have your hand held! Expand
  13. May 16, 2019
    Me encantó este juego, el gameplay es exigente y divertido que te tiene pegado a la pantalla, sin descuidar un segundo por qué mueres, no se podría esperar menos de un juego de From Software
  14. May 16, 2019
    It is a very good game. Very challenging and entertaining. Their mini bosses reach levels of demand even higher than some bosses. Very good game. 100% recommended
  15. May 15, 2019
    If you pay attention there are soo many details. The challenge is very satisfying to experienced gamers. From software should not change a thing. Currently I'm stuck but breaking that barrier is the point. Learn, grow and be the story
  16. May 15, 2019
    As someone that is not a Souls-Borne veteran (but wants to try them eventually).. I came into this game knowing it would be difficult and defeating - but OH MAN.. I've played plenty of games that left me scratching my head and admitting defeat but this game was different.. At a certain point its just not that much fun to replay the same boss that many times and the payoff when you finallyAs someone that is not a Souls-Borne veteran (but wants to try them eventually).. I came into this game knowing it would be difficult and defeating - but OH MAN.. I've played plenty of games that left me scratching my head and admitting defeat but this game was different.. At a certain point its just not that much fun to replay the same boss that many times and the payoff when you finally do is short-lived since there are 4 more in the next area.
    Overall, I had fun.. the story is interesting, the environments are cool, and the game play is rewarding for people that spend the time to learn it.. but I'm never going to look back at this game and say.. "Ya, i'm going to replay this game because I enjoyed screaming at the top of my lungs every few minutes while waking up my son in the middle of the night.. "
    Good game for hardcore gamers that like the challenge but probably not for people with high blood pressure that just want to be a damn ninja.
  17. May 14, 2019
    Ok , so, ... if you dont like hard and challenging games, please just stop reading.

If you like hard and challenging games, keep going !
    If you like from software, keep going !
    If you like feudal japan, then 立ち止まるな !

Truly a masterpiece !
    ( 本当に傑作!)
  18. May 14, 2019
    Another amazing game made by Fromsoft. If you think this is a Dark Souls game you are wrong. It's a different combat system that is demanding. I struggled at first and it took me a day or two to "get it" once it clicks though it is very satisfying. If you are having trouble then go explore another path. You can always come back. It can feel very demanding at times but if I can beat theAnother amazing game made by Fromsoft. If you think this is a Dark Souls game you are wrong. It's a different combat system that is demanding. I struggled at first and it took me a day or two to "get it" once it clicks though it is very satisfying. If you are having trouble then go explore another path. You can always come back. It can feel very demanding at times but if I can beat the game then so can you. Expand
  19. May 13, 2019
    Just play this game, its THAT good. Ignore the haters and easymode askers. Game is a great challenge and completely beatable.
  20. May 13, 2019
    FromSoft you did it again im so glad to about this HARD game.
    it has more advanced battle system than Darksouls series.
    most slow physical users will telling dissatisfaction coz of this Great game is So Hard.
    If YOU go to get through it SEKIRO is Best of Best game
  21. May 11, 2019
    After playing all the From Software previous Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne games I was expecting something quite special with this, and I wasn't disappointed! Sekiro is quite a different beast from its predecessors, so if you go in and play the game fresh you will be in for one fantastic adventure. It can be quite an unforgiving game at times, even when it gives you a chance toAfter playing all the From Software previous Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne games I was expecting something quite special with this, and I wasn't disappointed! Sekiro is quite a different beast from its predecessors, so if you go in and play the game fresh you will be in for one fantastic adventure. It can be quite an unforgiving game at times, even when it gives you a chance to die twice, but the excitement and relief after beating another mini boss or a main boss is quite something. But I feel at times you do come to quite a hard wall with some bosses and only the most patient and persistent gamers will get through it. Expand
  22. May 10, 2019
    I would give this game a 9 but i just can't. It is so rare to see a game this polished and playable today. Tried alot of them. ARK, PUBG, HUNT, TARKOV. Those were all Early-A games and the hype has been on that trail along time. It was just refreshing.

Game might be hard, but everything is when you don't know how to handle things. It's still more forgiving to a new player than a Dark Souls game because Sekiro does not require as much setups. It requires you to undertand the mechanics and truly test you.

Everything below a 7 in a rating on this game is clearly wrong. Expecting things to be something there not is a sin of your own mind. Rating a game is about you not comparing the title to others or your skill with what you managed in other situations.

I will claim that the phasing in this game is so good it puts alot of games to shame.
    And like most things in life, if you just "Stay a while and listen" most things becomes obvious.
    The game even got a Tutorial were you can practice your mechanics with ease.

My last words will be "Git Gud". People who can't stand knowing they have to become better sometimes to reach certain satisfactions will never accept that their not good enough either. You can't be good enough with everything in life, check out Tetris.
    So yeah...Git gud.
  23. May 10, 2019
    I was expecting this long time and thought From Software cannot fail. But I was wrong. Now when I'm on last boss in the game cannot find nothing else but regret time invested in this. This game looks like fast created without much effort presenting all bad things as "something new". What's the point fighting same boss few times during game? Ogre 2 times, Owl 2 times, 7 spears 2 times, MonkI was expecting this long time and thought From Software cannot fail. But I was wrong. Now when I'm on last boss in the game cannot find nothing else but regret time invested in this. This game looks like fast created without much effort presenting all bad things as "something new". What's the point fighting same boss few times during game? Ogre 2 times, Owl 2 times, 7 spears 2 times, Monk 2 times, Drunk guy 2 times, purple fellow probably 5 times. Luck of inspiration and copy-paste bosses?

All things which need tuning and effort was putted out of the game. Multiple characters, multiple weapons, armor, unique bosses (few bosses copy pasted), upgrading weapons.

Only advertising was done right when they presented all bad thins as intentional and "something new".

Hope they will not ruin Bloodborne 2 like that. BB was probably best game ever and deserve good sequel!
  24. May 10, 2019
    I was anticipating a sneak/attack game with the fighting refinement that has become synonymous with From Soft. Ultimately, I am disappointed with the lazy level design, the fighting system that completely breaks down during two or three boss battles and the complete disregard for balance. It will be the first From Soft game I sell back because of one simple concept - games should be fun.I was anticipating a sneak/attack game with the fighting refinement that has become synonymous with From Soft. Ultimately, I am disappointed with the lazy level design, the fighting system that completely breaks down during two or three boss battles and the complete disregard for balance. It will be the first From Soft game I sell back because of one simple concept - games should be fun. It plays like the developers are trying to one-up themselves and instead of making a hard, but awesome game, they make an easy game with a couple of extra hard choke points to stall players... If they wanted to frustrate players, well done. If they wanted to make a game that would get rave reviews because of a polished and relatively accessible first few hours of game-play, well done. If they wanted to recreate the magic of DS, they failed. If they wanted to make a fun game, they failed. Expand
  25. May 9, 2019
    A very disappointing game. The game started very good but the further I progressed the game just became a kill boss after other boss game. They could have created just a arena and fight 53 bosses in a row and you would hardly know the difference. I seems that they have rushed through the game development and just threw in some bosses (and several times the bosses are exactly the same). IA very disappointing game. The game started very good but the further I progressed the game just became a kill boss after other boss game. They could have created just a arena and fight 53 bosses in a row and you would hardly know the difference. I seems that they have rushed through the game development and just threw in some bosses (and several times the bosses are exactly the same). I hope their next game will be from the same quality as Bloodborne again. Expand
  26. May 9, 2019
    This was my first fromsoftware game, and it was brilliant. Great character design feeling of freedom in where you go despite being quite linear, and the combat is fantastic as long as you're prepared to fail before succeeding
  27. May 8, 2019
    simple y definitivamente otro excelente titulo por parte de FS, la unica pega es el farmeo, en este caso de experiencia pues como en los anteriores por cada punto, se necesita mas y mas experiencia para la próxima
  28. May 8, 2019
    Also meiner Meinung nach das beste Spiel der FromSoftware Reihe.

Kann ich nur empfehlen!
  29. May 7, 2019
    All the rpg elements have been stripped out of the game leaving a action game which you can acquire new attacks in. The boss fights are overly difficult compared to bloodborne or souls because many of the battles rely on you have very good timing to parry attacks. And it just becomes annoying unlike previous games where if you died it felt like your fault, and you could go away and levelAll the rpg elements have been stripped out of the game leaving a action game which you can acquire new attacks in. The boss fights are overly difficult compared to bloodborne or souls because many of the battles rely on you have very good timing to parry attacks. And it just becomes annoying unlike previous games where if you died it felt like your fault, and you could go away and level up or get new weapons or shields and etc and come back. Here you just have to keep bashing your head against the wall and hope for the best. The parry and break stance mechanic you need to beat bosses just feels cheap and annoying because there is no way most bosses can ever be beaten on first try like in their other games and it takes so long to wear some of them down and then a lot of times that can one hit you and you have to start over from a spawn point that takes 5-10 minutes to reach the boss again.. I just could not be FD after about 10 hours in and moved on to other games that are actually fun to play. Its a shame as there was massive potential here if they just spent time balancing the boss fights and adding a character build system to give players options. Expand
  30. May 7, 2019
    I have finished all Fromsoftware RPG´s since Demons Souls, and Sekiro, regardless of not being a "real rpg", but a hack and slash game with litle RPG elements, maintains the quality level of previous games, with many and many dark souls elements, like the "bonfire" checkpoints and extremely hard and rewarding boss fights. It´s definetly an addictive game and will not disappoint theI have finished all Fromsoftware RPG´s since Demons Souls, and Sekiro, regardless of not being a "real rpg", but a hack and slash game with litle RPG elements, maintains the quality level of previous games, with many and many dark souls elements, like the "bonfire" checkpoints and extremely hard and rewarding boss fights. It´s definetly an addictive game and will not disappoint the Fromsoftware fans. Expand
  31. May 7, 2019
    Ich verstehe nicht wie man als Bloodborne oder Dark Souls Fan dieses Spiel nicht leiden kann. Es ist auf seine eigene Art und Weise absolut ebenbürtig. Ich für meinen Teil habe dieses Feeling beim Zocken welches ich nur bei From Software Games bekomme, deshalb 10/10!!!
  32. May 6, 2019
    Anyone who says that the game is too short is probably rushing the bad ending and not exploring the world.
    This game is as close to a masterpiece as we will see in 2019. The combat is tight, the lore is fascinating and inspired by actual events in Japanese history. The game is clean and crisp. I've had no issues with frame drops or glitches. While the graphics aren't perfect, or as clean as other 2019 titles, I've never considered graphics to be the determining factor in making a game. Honestly the best part of this game for me is the lore. While I love the demands of the combat system, and I will address complaints about that in a moment, and how it has a low entry point in the beginning but ramps up nicely lately, the lore knocks it out of the park for me. With every boss beaten and new area unlocked the world get more and more pleasantly weird.
    I'm seeing people complain about the combat system, there's no combat or play-style variety, you can't build your character how you want, so on and so forth. Apparently these players didn't get that far into the fighting style trees or arts. Just because Sekiro doesn't let you cheese the game with over leveled health bars and wearing the highest poise armor in the game doesn't mean its bad. The game has immense variety in both how you approach enemies and the various tools you use to sway the fight one way or another. Also QTE? I don't see one single QTE in the game, this is seriously confusing.
    Ultimately the game is probably the most welcoming From Soft title to come out in a very long time. The game starts out simple yet the further you progress into the game the more options you have for handling mobs and bosses. The game demands mastery of a variety of skills rather than just being alright at one thing, and punishes you when cannot attempt to rise to the challenge. There's a lot to be learned in this game, and the more you learn and master the more you can enjoy the nuance of the system. Also one last thing, if you go into combat playing re-actively you will be crushed by later bosses. This game is about balance, if you don't get that then fights will be very boring and you will get crushed.
  33. May 4, 2019
    Bloody brilliant, yeah at the start its harder than dark souls but once you get into the deflecting and general game mechanics your golden. What a ride, A must play
  34. May 3, 2019
    The game has a good chunk of what you would expect from a Souls game: High but extremely fair difficulty, amazing animation and movesets from enemies, a LOT to be discovered around the main story (evironment storytelling is back) and bosses that will always test what you have learned so far.

I like to compare SEKIRO to real life, you will fail a lot at something, but each time you fail you will get a little step closer to overcoming your obstacles, until you finally do and you just feel really proud of what you just did.

The only bad thing in SEKIRO is that it does not have the variety the other Souls games have (you can't change your clothing and main weapon), but as FROM SOFTWARE stated, this is NOT a Souls game.
  35. May 3, 2019
    Great game! If you're thinking of trying this game, expect the game to be difficult.. This game will test you, and will keep testing you.
  36. May 3, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ı buyed bloodborn once and there is nearly same.ı cant see emotions(yeah they get anger,smile or else but)ı cant feel it because the story is horrible.Trying to save a useless f****ing kid.story is THIS.so ı think its just a sword fight game.Go and play SEGA SHİNOBİ same game almostly Expand
  37. May 3, 2019
    This game is not dark souls nor bloodborne, and that's okay. Why? Because From Software has proved that not only can they make a game just as hard as those games, but a game that's a boatload of fun. From what I've played of it, I can tell you it might just be my goty
  38. May 3, 2019
    Absolutely incredible game. From Software has outdone themselves yet again. You will die a lot but you simply cannot stop playing because of how fun it is
    10/10 must buy
  39. May 3, 2019
    really good game the grafix are att point! i dont get why people say it looks like ps2 graphics i mean have you ever played or seen a ps2 game i dont think a ps2 can run this game it will just crash people these days i swear anyway this game is really good the combat the bosses everything is great from software dont litsen to people this game is awesome keep it up!. also the game isreally good game the grafix are att point! i dont get why people say it looks like ps2 graphics i mean have you ever played or seen a ps2 game i dont think a ps2 can run this game it will just crash people these days i swear anyway this game is really good the combat the bosses everything is great from software dont litsen to people this game is awesome keep it up!. also the game is difficult but what do you expect from the people who made dark souls i mean hell it has prepare to die edition. im gonna tell you why these games are difficult the hidetaka miyazaki the idea of the souls series said that he wants to make players feel like they accomplished something big you know that hard boss that you keep dying to and then the satisfaction of finally beating the boss is so good it feels like you took herione. thats why these games are hard they are supposed to be hard thats why these games are so good Expand
  40. May 3, 2019
    Otra obra maestra por parte de From Software, jugablemente increíble es una delicia, gráficamente precioso al igual que en cuanto a sonido, incluso la historia esta a gran altura, un juego ademas largo, con un montón de jefes o mini jefes opcionales, varios finales alternativos, muchas cosas ocultas con un mapa enorme por explorar, la gente que lo vota negativo es simplemente por laOtra obra maestra por parte de From Software, jugablemente increíble es una delicia, gráficamente precioso al igual que en cuanto a sonido, incluso la historia esta a gran altura, un juego ademas largo, con un montón de jefes o mini jefes opcionales, varios finales alternativos, muchas cosas ocultas con un mapa enorme por explorar, la gente que lo vota negativo es simplemente por la exagerada dificultad, es cierto que es de los juegos mas difíciles que he jugado, por no decir el mas dificil la verdad, pero justamente esa es la gracia de este titulo, es lo que buscaban para diferenciarse, no es como para votarlo negativo por eso, practicamente todos los juegos del mercado son un paseo, asi que la gente que se queja de la dificultad simplemente que busquen otra cosa, pero que no voten negativo a tal obra maestra, con tanto trabajo detrás, el único pero que le puedo poner respecto a los DS, es que es un juego que tienes que estar siempre al 100%, no hay momento de descanso, incluso con los enemigos mas básicos, no te vale solo aporrear el botón de ataque, pero vamos que eso no quita la obra de arte que es, gracias de nuevo FS. Expand
  41. May 2, 2019
    I already earned all the trophies. This will be a great game if we can customize our character not just changing the ninja tools. Nioh is deeper than this game. The boss fight is still amazing as usual just like other fromsoft game. But this game for me is still a half-baked game, the gameplay is not as deep as soulsborne series
  42. May 2, 2019
    Jogo muito bom, mantendo a dificuldade e boss fights de costume, e muitos cenários para exploração, como qualquer Dark Souls ou até mesmo Bloodborne. O que peca é a história, que como de costume, não é o foco nesse estilo de jogo da From Software, mas mesmo assim é super divertido (pra quem é fâ desse gênero de jogo, e está ciente da dificuldade). Uma coisa que senti falta, foi aJogo muito bom, mantendo a dificuldade e boss fights de costume, e muitos cenários para exploração, como qualquer Dark Souls ou até mesmo Bloodborne. O que peca é a história, que como de costume, não é o foco nesse estilo de jogo da From Software, mas mesmo assim é super divertido (pra quem é fâ desse gênero de jogo, e está ciente da dificuldade). Uma coisa que senti falta, foi a envolvência das quests secundárias no game, achei meio fraco comparado ao Dark Souls e BloodBorne.

Game design: 10/10
    Level design: 10/10
    Dificuldade: 9/10
    Gráficos: 10/10
    História: 8/10
    Personagens: 9/10
    Boss Fights: 10/10
  43. May 2, 2019
    Honestamente no entiendo tanta nota de 10, ni de lejos es perfecto...repetitivo,con un sistema de combate que consiste en morir hasta memorizar los patrones de ataque de un boss tras otro, lo que alarga artficialmente la duración de un juego que si no fuera por eso sería corto.
    En cuanto a la dificultad en realidad yo diria que su dificultad es no perder la paciencia con Bosses que te matan de un golpe, hitboxes imposibles y tracking descarado lo que convierte el combate en bloquear secuencias de golpes que memorizas a base de repetir y golpear cuando termina .Fin
    Los gráficos no son nada del otro mundo y la historia tampoco destaca.
    Si, es Fromsoftware y si,tiene su dificultad pero ni de lejos es un 10
  44. May 2, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This wonderfully difficult game is one that I enjoyed immensely. I've been a fan of Souls games and thought I would take off like a beast, and I was wrong. The combat of Dark Souls and Bloodborne are not how this works. Sekiro became a challenge and one that I love. I came, I saw, I got slammed into Hades by an albino King Kong. I chopped his head off and... he got up and screamed me into oblivion. Over and over until I finally got the skills built up and knowledge of the match-up down. Victory felt victorious!

The fantasy shinobi atmosphere is a nice change and the FromSoft world-building without words is in full force again (show, don't tell). If the industry could use a shot of anything right now it's how to do more of this.

My only criticism is also unfortunately necessary for Sekiro to work. This is a tale, so character building and customization is pretty light, and I've always liked those options in previous FromSoft titles. There's no point in doing a run with another build without builds.

After being burnt on a recent pre-order from another company (MK11), I considered never pre-ordering a game again. I may make an exception for FromSoft.
  45. May 2, 2019
    Just another masterpiece from Hidetaka Miyazaki. Of course lore is not so close to non japanese players but it still awesome. And what is great that after beating Bloodborne, all Dark Souls series - it's still difficult to cope with the game. It's an evolution in soulsborne genre and it's some kind of fresh air after those endless and similar Ubisoft sandboxes.

P.S.: Isshin Ashina

P.S.: Isshin Ashina (Immortal Severance ending) is probably the hardest boss in video games :)
  46. May 2, 2019
    Lo mejor que ha conseguido From Software con Sekiro es diferenciarse enormemente de sus otros productos. Tienen cosas muy parecidas y se nota que es su juego, pero es tan diferente de Dark Soul y Bloodborne. Ha conseguido un estilo propio y unas mecánicas muy precisas y que sienten como si fueras un verdadero shinobi. Tiene unas "mecanicas sencillas" (usa la katana para atacar, defiéndete,Lo mejor que ha conseguido From Software con Sekiro es diferenciarse enormemente de sus otros productos. Tienen cosas muy parecidas y se nota que es su juego, pero es tan diferente de Dark Soul y Bloodborne. Ha conseguido un estilo propio y unas mecánicas muy precisas y que sienten como si fueras un verdadero shinobi. Tiene unas "mecanicas sencillas" (usa la katana para atacar, defiéndete, rompe la defensa del objetivo...), pero que necesitas de mucha práctica y de morir mucho para poder dominarlo a la perfección (y no tanto porque llega un jefe que crees que controlas pero te mata). Puede llegar a ser frustrante a veces cuando no consigues derrotar a ciertos jefes pero la satisfacción al empezar a entender sus movimientos y ver que lo estás consiguiendo creo que merece mucho la pena. Un juego que merece la pena. Expand
  47. May 1, 2019
    Smooth divergent combat, Boss fights keep getting better and better, Great story line and Sengoku era quote.
  48. May 1, 2019
    One of the best games I have ever played. I finished it last week through all endings and I am on my way to platinum the game through NG+. From the creators of the Souls and Bloodborne shows an epic tale of japan in the 16 century. A young Shinobi named Seikro is tasked by his foster father to protect a young boy who serves as an integral part of the story. The game introduces a newOne of the best games I have ever played. I finished it last week through all endings and I am on my way to platinum the game through NG+. From the creators of the Souls and Bloodborne shows an epic tale of japan in the 16 century. A young Shinobi named Seikro is tasked by his foster father to protect a young boy who serves as an integral part of the story. The game introduces a new gameplay mechanic unlike any that has been done by the souls series or bloodborne. If you play the game like those games then you will have a hard time completing the game. Whatever those game taught should be best forgotten because in this game enemies here will frustrate you hard and their attacks are stronger since this game does not have an upgrade in defense mechanic. The gameplay mechanic relies on attacking and deflection with those two on hand will help you win the battle easily and should be timed fast to counter your enemies. Your main character has a great speed movement with unlimited stamina which can be an advantage. People who will play the game as souls games must understand that your main focus is vitality and postures not stamina. Use prosthetics equipment overcome enemies and you will best bosses using those techniques. Expand
  49. Apr 30, 2019
    People continue to compare this to Dark Souls. This is not Dark Souls or Bloodborne, never wanted to be. It must be judged as a game apart from the usual Souls games.

It's absolutely awesome as a game if you consider it as Sekiro and not as a "Worse Dark Souls".
  50. Apr 30, 2019
    Worse Dark Souls, not interesting to explore the location, in fact there is no loot and pumping. DMC at maximum speed
  51. Apr 30, 2019
    For me its a 7 because two main reasons: the repetition of some stages and enemies and, and most important, the excess of exigency. I'm a Dark Souls veteran. I've played all 3, Dark Souls 1 blew my mind and I played it a lot. I completed Bloodborne because of my love towards FROM, didn't liked it because terror is not my genre, but appreciated it. Now I wanted to love Sekiro, I'm a big fanFor me its a 7 because two main reasons: the repetition of some stages and enemies and, and most important, the excess of exigency. I'm a Dark Souls veteran. I've played all 3, Dark Souls 1 blew my mind and I played it a lot. I completed Bloodborne because of my love towards FROM, didn't liked it because terror is not my genre, but appreciated it. Now I wanted to love Sekiro, I'm a big fan of japanese culture, and I really wanted to love it. But, after 3 runs, and having completed it once. I'm too tired. The parry system is too stressful, and I don't like to feel that vulnerable. Besides, the final boss is really unfair (in my opinion) because it is NECESSARY to complete the game. If it was an optional boss I wouldn't have a problem with its absurd exigency but since you need to beat him to complete the game, for me it was a wall, and I didn't enjoyed it, I endured it. When I finally beat it I felt relief, not joy. I think its time for FROM software to rethink the accessibility of their games. I think they don't need to make difficult games just because that's their brand. They have other qualities: great action, atmosphere, music and design. And there are a ton of masterpieces with difficulty selector. I hope they wanted their games to reach everybody. Expand
  52. Apr 29, 2019
    Another repitive boring game fromsoftware. I still don't understand how gamers can find these types of games fun. barely any cutscenes or story. unnecessary difficult settings. just pure trash!
  53. Apr 29, 2019
    Нормальная игра.Но очень много багов,честное слово боевка не понравилась,те же прохожденцы на время быстро проходят игру багами и прыжка-крюком.Сделали бы как Dark Souls но по японски,а то главный перс не живой какой то а терменатор,летает крючком,прыгает и бегает очень быстро.Да игра у меня тянет,прошел с багами за 4 часа,маловато и скучно.Крч твердая 6Нормальная игра.Но очень много багов,честное слово боевка не понравилась,те же прохожденцы на время быстро проходят игру багами и прыжка-крюком.Сделали бы как Dark Souls но по японски,а то главный перс не живой какой то а терменатор,летает крючком,прыгает и бегает очень быстро.Да игра у меня тянет,прошел с багами за 4 часа,маловато и скучно.Крч твердая 6
  54. Apr 29, 2019
    they say '..More pleasessssss.." !!!!
    Lovelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  55. Apr 27, 2019
    I wanted to like this game. I like the idea of it, a stealth-action game more focused on swordplay than the dodge and roll mechanics of its predecessors. But the execution, for me, was a failure. I understand why some people like this game, and normally, I enjoy a challenge. But I found this game so demanding that it was no longer fun for me. While I was able to progress, I never felt likeI wanted to like this game. I like the idea of it, a stealth-action game more focused on swordplay than the dodge and roll mechanics of its predecessors. But the execution, for me, was a failure. I understand why some people like this game, and normally, I enjoy a challenge. But I found this game so demanding that it was no longer fun for me. While I was able to progress, I never felt like I was getting good at the game, I never felt like I was improving. The game was so difficult that when I did manage to beat a boss it felt more like getting lucky than anything else. This sucked the joy right out of the experience for me, and it became more frustrating than rewarding to play. This may be the right game for some people, but if you're not a masochist, be warned. Expand
  56. Apr 27, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After having had this game for a few days I think it is vastly overrated. It's certainly not bad, but the way it's been talked up is ridiculous. I've gotten part of the way through it and decided to sell it without finishing. I'm all for difficult games that present a challenge and are rewarding, but the difficulty of Sekiro is just wasted. The bosses have too much health, take too little damage, and can wipe the player with a chained attack. If the combat and game mechanics were better then grinding through overpowered bosses wouldn't be so annoying. But the player goes straight from mounted samurai at Ashina Outskirts to Brazen Bull to Seven Spear guy guarding an empty temple to other samurai guarding Ashina Gate with riflemen. There's no breathing room between them and little satisfaction in beating them because the combat is unfulfilling. The story to the point which I progressed was fairly empty and the characters totally flat. That would be fine if the rest of the game were good. But I do no want to grand through a clunky frustratingly difficult game with a poor layout, no payoffs for overcoming bosses, and no story or characters to drive me forward. It really doesn't have much of anything going for it. Expand
  57. Apr 27, 2019
    Fantastic experiance with really great controls that only from soft would have the balls to let users mess around with, its difficult, like really difficult but by the end of the game you really do feel like youve gotten so much better and can breeze through the earlier levels that took you so long the first time, a lot of people will complain that there is only 1 way you can play the gameFantastic experiance with really great controls that only from soft would have the balls to let users mess around with, its difficult, like really difficult but by the end of the game you really do feel like youve gotten so much better and can breeze through the earlier levels that took you so long the first time, a lot of people will complain that there is only 1 way you can play the game unlike other souls games, but i think its fine for them to hone you down to this style so that you can only focus on getting good at parrying and knowing your timing windows. In this it succeds. Although i will admit there isnt really much in replay value once youve mastered its controls as it starts to become really easy to fly through the earlier stages. But im fine with a just a one time experiance that was captivating from beginning to end Expand
  58. Apr 27, 2019
    I loved almost everything about this game. The only thing that bugged me is repeating mini-bosses (which is shame), but all bosses are very impressive and remain in the memory for a long time. Especially nice is new exploration mechanics, which weren't as wide and open in previous From titles due to new mechanichs (jumping and swimming).
  59. Apr 26, 2019
    Fico triste em dar uma nota 7 para um jogo da From, porém é o maximo que o Sekiro merece de mim...Zerei o game..Esse jogo foi bem frustante. Esperava algo épico como um darksouls ou Blood, porém o jogo se resume em você ser o Rei do Parry. Me desanimou, ou vc mata os chefes sendo o Rei do parry ou não tem outra opção... Se você gosta de ficar dando parrys todo tempo, vá em frente, agora seFico triste em dar uma nota 7 para um jogo da From, porém é o maximo que o Sekiro merece de mim...Zerei o game..Esse jogo foi bem frustante. Esperava algo épico como um darksouls ou Blood, porém o jogo se resume em você ser o Rei do Parry. Me desanimou, ou vc mata os chefes sendo o Rei do parry ou não tem outra opção... Se você gosta de ficar dando parrys todo tempo, vá em frente, agora se espera algo equilibrado como jogos Souls, esqueça, Sekiro será bem frustante, o jogo se resume em dar parrys perfeitos seguidos na velocidade da luz.. Frustrante, com sérios problemas na camera, desequilibrado, injusto e punitivo, prazer isso é Sekiro.. o ultimo chefe tem 4 fases, algo irritante e injusto, surreal, estressante.. vc perderá hrs nels, ou talvez dias.. Sou amante da franquia SoulsBorne, Demons...mas nao serei de Sekiro. PSN do Game play: Edgard_ 1986 Expand
  60. Apr 26, 2019
    Rice girl a best.
    It's really frustrating that the whole game is so one-sided and focused on parrying. A bit of a step back from soulsborne with all its variety.
    DO IT FOR HER
  61. Apr 26, 2019
    Un juego excelente! dificultad variada con cada enemigo, desde los mas débiles hasta los jefes, unos gráficos impecables, una historia que se entiende a la perfección (no como los otros juegos de FromSoftware que había que investigar el lore y hacerse uno su propia historia) una total reinvención de la jugabilidad y lo mejor de todo; su tamaño es de menos de 15gb.
  62. Apr 26, 2019
    From software did it again. Sekiro is a game which ask you to play by its rule, but reward you with the satisfaction when you beat it at its own game.

Cant thank enough from software to keep on making games that are actually games and not going to point A to B and then killing bunch of same enemies for the entirety of the gameplay. Looking at you red dead 2.
    From software is the best
  63. Apr 26, 2019
    Sekiro shadows die twice it's very bad game.Because it's very hard and yes I kasual.
  64. Apr 25, 2019
    From Soft have done it again, with new IP they have brought in new take on the souls like. Sekiro is very different from souls like game. First time, the game has story which every one can understand. The combat is completely different from other games, the enemy health bar is smaller but the posture bar is bigger and in your face to tell you that its the most important feature of combat.From Soft have done it again, with new IP they have brought in new take on the souls like. Sekiro is very different from souls like game. First time, the game has story which every one can understand. The combat is completely different from other games, the enemy health bar is smaller but the posture bar is bigger and in your face to tell you that its the most important feature of combat. There is a single weapon in game. There are now skills passive and active which you unlock via skill points. You earn skill points only by killing enemies and bosses. If you die, you loose half of XP earned. There is also currency now from which you can buy items. There is no other weapon but the prosthetic arm does the role of secondary weapon. There are different types and which can also be upgraded by collecting crafting materials. The bosses are all human level except for few bigger ones. Overall the game is not for everyone, if you can parry then this game is easy else its makes boss fight tough since you need to learn boss moves and see for a opening. Definitely this game is 10 of 10. Expand
  65. Apr 25, 2019
    A great game and it was good experience for me, hope the DLC can be released asap!
  66. Apr 25, 2019
    Extremely disapointed. Its a repetitive boss grind game with a boring character and a boring lore in a boring world. How could From Software gone so wrong after all those lovely souls games? I wanted to love it but im shocked of this failure. Its a game for masochists not for people who love fun games.
  67. Apr 25, 2019
    My review contains some kind of spoilers...

Game is actually good. But it has few serious problems, it is reason why my personal score is not 10/10. Actually I voted as "5/10" before but I've changed my opinion. Game is good especially after some point. So: + gameplay. When you understand how to play in right way you will love fight system and gameplay. + atmosphere. I don't know
    My review contains some kind of spoilers...

So:
    + atmosphere. I don't know to describe it, but I love this world. I want to return to this world again and again.
    + Bosses. Not mini-bosses. Almost all "big bosses" are good. I've got too much fun from fighting with them.

- Boring game beginning.
    - Chained ogre from game beginning is too powerful and HAS TERRIBLE hitboxes. I just spent too much time here. Hard bosses is not bad but I'm not sure that add such bosses in beginning of game is good idea. 90% of players don't have understanding of gameplay when they meet him. And bosses have to have non-broken hiboxes
    - Areas after Blazing bull: AshinaReservoir and Ashina Castle are terrible. They have terrible mini-bosses, boss-fight arenas, pathes to mini-bosses. I wanted to delete game when I was there. Small room as boss-fight arena in game with terrible camera... Are you serious? Developers know that camera in soulsborne games are not really good. I;m sure they know but they use small room as boos-fight arena!
    - Fight system. Not the combat system itself because it is good but fact that you have no choice. You cannot be a cliric, a mage, an archer. You have only one weapon. There are no Threaded Cane, Rakuyo or Saw Cleaver. It's so annoying
    - repeating of bosses/min-bosess. Some mini-bosses are repeated 4-5 times!!! if you thought that Dark Souls 2 has a problems with bosses repeating I can say - no. DS2 has unique bosses if we compare it with Sekiro!
    - There are too few interesting items which you can find in the wold. Game has no weapons, rings(runes), armors. 90% of items which you can find in game are consumable items.
    - Boring way to Platinum achievement.

But after 2 walkthroughs I can say that game is really good. I hope that the developers will make work on the mistakes and we get 10/10 Bloodborne 2 or Sekiro 2. But now only 8/10
  68. Apr 24, 2019
    The game is good, beautiful truth, bagannaya bit.

But this does not negate the fact that it is very atmospheric. And hardcore is only deeper, plunges into the world of the game. This is something else between Dark Souls and the bloodborne. Very fit! But for now I’ll give her a grade of 7/10 because I didn’t play it but I’ll play soon, I assure you. Well, do not forget that this
    The game is good, beautiful truth, bagannaya bit.

But this does not negate the fact that it is very atmospheric.
    And hardcore is only deeper, plunges into the world of the game.

This is something else between Dark Souls and the bloodborne. Very fit!

Well, do not forget that this is an example.
    And so the game can be at all 10/10
    Believe me!!!
  69. Apr 23, 2019
    Another amazing FromSoft game. Difficult but tons of hidden lore and tidbits. Great swordplay and action as well.
  70. Apr 23, 2019
    This game is **** I was a FromSoft fan since before they became mainstream. I've played King's Field IV, Ninja Blade, the 4 Souls + Bloodborne and loved them all except for DS3 which was just decent. I preordered DS3 and it disappointed me, but nothing is comparable to this game.
    All this game can give is a limited use of the grapple hook (who could have been used much more and better in combat). On every other account is just a much much worse version of Nioh/Bloodborne. And please don't embarrass yourself with "it's not a soulslike, it's an action game!". This game has nothing to do with, let's say, Ninja Gaiden (which i love) or Devil May Cry or whatever. This is just the worst soulslike the world has ever seen.

This game sums up everything terrible videogames can give like:
    - Bossfights including annoying minions
    - Fake difficulty (most minibosses deal you more damage with a blow than what a sip of flask can cure)
    - Classic terrible camera by FromSoft, now up to eleven
    - Stealth is mediocre. Sometimes decent, sometimes terrible
    - You can run out of "ammo" for the prosthetic. They could have used a replenishing system like the one for spells in the souls games, instead they decide to go for "the buy/farm it" way like for vials in bloodborne.
    - In a fast paced game like this, healing is not rapid like in Bloodborne or Nioh, but a slow animation like dark souls
    - Speaking of animations, your attacks have considerable slower animations than the mob attacks. Also, most enemies have a much longer rage than you have.
    - The tracking is obnoxious. People who complained about dark souls 2 and not for this are full of ****.
    - Hitboxes are broken like few things i've ever seen.
    - Despite taking out every appreciable rpg element, they some annoying out-of-place ones like farming for leveling up to unlock moves, and to buy stuff from merchants
    - Mediocre plot and mediocre setting
    - Absolutely horrible and annoying music. I swear to god i started turn it off because it bothered me. I tried again with music reaching the various boss fights, and even giving the music second chances i still loathe it.

If this is the future of From Software, i hope from software has no future.
  71. Apr 23, 2019
    Si eres un amante de la saga Souls este juego es un soplo de aire fresco con sus muchas nuevas mecánicas ya que es muy diferente a los anteriores títulos y tendrás que aprender a jugar de cero. Querrás perderte en su mundo como cuando jugaste los primeros títulos por primera vez.
    Si no eres fan de la saga pero te llama la atención dale una oportunidad porque puede que encuentres tu tipo de juego perfecto.
  72. Apr 23, 2019
    This game is actually very hard at the beginning. However, when I find the way to beat the enemies and get the learning curve, it becomes a game so satisfying.
  73. Apr 23, 2019
    Absolute MASTERPIECE! One of the best games I've ever played in my life! Amazing combat, amazing exploration, amazing aesthetics, amazing boss fights, perfect difficulty and overall a fantastic product! All true gamers should buy and play this amazing game!
  74. Apr 23, 2019
    Phenomenal experience! I've seen some articles complaining about difficulty but I truly think that Sekiro is one of From Software's most generous games. You have SO MANY options in combat, you can choose to fight your enemy's up close and personal, mastering the art of the parry, you can employ hit and run tactics or you can take a more cautious approach, using your shinobi tools andPhenomenal experience! I've seen some articles complaining about difficulty but I truly think that Sekiro is one of From Software's most generous games. You have SO MANY options in combat, you can choose to fight your enemy's up close and personal, mastering the art of the parry, you can employ hit and run tactics or you can take a more cautious approach, using your shinobi tools and attack skills to whittle down their health bars, tools and attack skills you can even SWITCH DURING COMBAT! Yes, you can pause during boss fights in this game. The boss keeps blocking your spear? Switch up to the firecrackers. Can't seem to block their attacks? Maybe try the umbrella shield. Can't get that doge timing right? Not a problem, you have unlimited stamina in this game, you can literally run circles around pretty much every enemy.

Sekiro is not too difficult, and worrying about how hard it is should definitely not be a reason not to buy. If you can't beat a boss or get past a certain area, trying something different, and keep trying until you are successful. Like Dark Souls and Bloodborne, overcoming seemingly insurmountable challenges is what this game is about, and finally beating it is one of the best feelings in gaming.
  75. Apr 23, 2019
    Gameplay : 10 ( Master piece of fromsoftware )
    Bosses : 10 ( The Saint Isshin :))
    Story : 10 ( There is a story in fromsoftware. It is interesting thing :))
  76. Apr 22, 2019
    The difficulty of this game is like having a ninja adventure, but the second you get in an actual sword fight; it's like it turns into Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. Figuring out the rhythm to your opponent's attacks is crucial since the game's main gimmick for defeating enemies is parrying, without a stamina bar; the worst an opponent can do is stagger you (literally just two seconds of stayingThe difficulty of this game is like having a ninja adventure, but the second you get in an actual sword fight; it's like it turns into Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. Figuring out the rhythm to your opponent's attacks is crucial since the game's main gimmick for defeating enemies is parrying, without a stamina bar; the worst an opponent can do is stagger you (literally just two seconds of staying still). The best part is if you feel overwhelmed, the game does not punish you in any way for retreating and coming back with a better strategy. One of the best ways to learn how to "GIT GUD" is with the help of an undying soldier who lets you practice your Ninja techniques on him, giving you more then enough tips on fighting your foes. This game is yet another fantastic From Software game that captures the spirit of the original Tenchu games, 9/10! Expand
  77. Apr 22, 2019
    I don't know how to begin First of all I am playing this game because I shelled out $60 and is was From Software. I have played all their games since Demon Souls. This new game, Sekiro, is so ridiculous. The deflect does NOT work on PS4. Every time I try I get killed. The merchants are always sold out. Stingy much? I can't talk to a merchant or npc because I get killed.I don't know how to begin First of all I am playing this game because I shelled out $60 and is was From Software. I have played all their games since Demon Souls. This new game, Sekiro, is so ridiculous. The deflect does NOT work on PS4. Every time I try I get killed. The merchants are always sold out. Stingy much? I can't talk to a merchant or npc because I get killed. Sometimes when I used the death blow, I get attacked by another enemy. The mini bosses are boring, and a repeat of the mini boss that came before it. I have to die 100 times to learn a cheese, or master AI. I have to go on the internet, which never happened in the souls or Bloodbourne series. My husband has to kill all my bosses. This game is sexist, and not meant for women or people with physical disabilities to play. I am not an 18 year old boy with incredible reflexes. The Owl boss is way to long. In other words this game is NOT fun. Too many overpowered bosses, to little healing wares. The world is fun to explore, but I dread the boss fights. I don't feel confident going in to them. I always enjoyed the bosses in the souls game. They were at least fair. This game is a step backwards for From and I am totally disappointed. From needs to rethink this game and its difficulty. They are going to lose their loyal fan base. I am really upset because I was looking forward to another From game. I am telling all my friends to stay away from this one. I am rating it a O Please pass this along to someone who will be concerned about the people who buy their games. We al want a DS4 game. Expand
  78. Apr 22, 2019
    The game is way too difficult. The story is quite boring. I finished Bloodborne with DLC, it was hard but rewarding. Sekiro is just too hard with almost no reward. Frustration is enormous.

Don't do that to yours nervous system. After every session of the game you may feel like a zombie or a person after a brain damage of some sort. Milliseconds count so if you have any casual TV,

Milliseconds count so if you have any casual TV, don't even start to play. When you attempt to move, you will die before it will take an effect on the screen.

I'm quite upset that From Software waste this game to pleased just some freaks out there. Some say that this is just a "freedom" of artist to create their work. That's true, but thanks to the mutual freedom - now I know that I will think twice before I consider to buy any new From Software game.
  79. Apr 22, 2019
    I made an account just to review this game. Honestly one of the most satisfying games I have played because I could just feel myself improving. Yes, there are times when you will feel frustrated and would want to delete the game, but the send of immense victory you feel on overcoming a particular boss that has been giving you a hard time is unparalleled. Miyazaki has done it again!
  80. Apr 21, 2019
    Sekiro is a good game, certainly not a great game. A huge step back from dark souls and bloodborne. The lack of effort in this creation is very evident, disgraceful when you start replaying areas on the first
    playthrough.
  81. Apr 21, 2019
    Has a nice elegant series of attacks, dodges, and blocks, and then interjects grab attacks with no counter. A major failing the game's part.
  82. Apr 21, 2019
    Weak, very weak in comparison to number of mechanics and game play styles in Dark Souls. Few sword attacks, few tools that can be used rarely and a LOT of useless skills that make you feel stupid because of your decision and amount of time you spent to get them. All the time I felt that my time is not respected, hours of game play to become stronger, but no... you are not so strong andWeak, very weak in comparison to number of mechanics and game play styles in Dark Souls. Few sword attacks, few tools that can be used rarely and a LOT of useless skills that make you feel stupid because of your decision and amount of time you spent to get them. All the time I felt that my time is not respected, hours of game play to become stronger, but no... you are not so strong and never will be.
    Weak, very weak art in comparison to BloodBorne. There was a few nice, but not breath-taking places, there were only several memorable but painful bosses.
    I didn't feel the presence of magic like in other Miyazaki games, nothing except concentration and feeling tired from the game already on the third hour. I've finished the game because I've waited for something that has never arrived.
    Bosses, oh these bosses. Too often, too alike, some are unreasonably strong - you rarely will be able to play the game, all the time you will just run for another attempt to defeat a boss. Some times even the same re-skinned boss, and here I mean many these "some times". It is obvious for me that the development time spent on game was not enough, so it was artificially enlarged.
    There are few things that I liked: Ashina Castle, Senpou temple, and few bosses, first fight and secret of win. But this game did not bring me the joy, this game did not become center of my relaxation time as it was before with Dark Souls.
  83. Apr 20, 2019
    Great game but not for mainstream players. No power leveling, no summoning, you need actual raw skill and reflexes to complete this game which many will find it so challenging even more than other From Software games. I give it 10/10.
  84. Apr 20, 2019
    Not a game for everyone for sure - you need to be willing to spend hours and hours trying to understand how each boss works and how to overcome them. And do not even try to ask for help in the community, they just mock you and tell you to "git gud". Luckily I did not waste any money on this, but if I listened to all the 10/10 reviews game critics gave this title I'd be just anotherNot a game for everyone for sure - you need to be willing to spend hours and hours trying to understand how each boss works and how to overcome them. And do not even try to ask for help in the community, they just mock you and tell you to "git gud". Luckily I did not waste any money on this, but if I listened to all the 10/10 reviews game critics gave this title I'd be just another frustrated player with 60$ less in my pocket. Expand
  85. Apr 20, 2019
    When I first played Dark Souls, it took me a while to figure it out - to 'git gud,' if you will. I was immediately enamored by its atmosphere and by the cathartic joy of overcoming its brutal yet fair (mostly) difficulty. Playing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is much like how I felt playing Dark Souls for the first time. This isn't something I can say for the sequels, Bloodborne, Demon's SoulsWhen I first played Dark Souls, it took me a while to figure it out - to 'git gud,' if you will. I was immediately enamored by its atmosphere and by the cathartic joy of overcoming its brutal yet fair (mostly) difficulty. Playing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is much like how I felt playing Dark Souls for the first time. This isn't something I can say for the sequels, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls (which I played after Dark Souls), or any other 'Soulslike' game out there. All of those games play, in some way or another, like how Dark Souls plays. Sekiro, with a few exceptions, does not play like a 'Soulslike.' While this was somewhat daunting, it was just as rewarding as it was to discover how to survive in Dark Souls when I played it for the first time about 8 years ago.

Even with the incorporation of super direct tutorial prompts, getting into the rhythm and maneuverability of Sekiro's control scheme is a challenge in it's own right - especially if you're accustomed to the Soulsborne games. Also, if you're like me, you sort of glaze over wordy instructions and just go with the gist of it. I probably missed some key details that I later learned on my own through trial and error, but, even so, this process was very rewarding. Having certain mechanics click in my head, developing strategies on how to approach enemies or bosses, making split second decisions that could mean life or death -- incredible.

I like the skill tree system they have - it's pretty concise and to the point. Kills give you experience points that increase a blue bar in the upper right of the HUD. Each time that blue bar is filled, you get a Skill Point which can be applied to any number of skills - including special attacks, counters, abilities, and item effectiveness/quantity. Getting every skill takes a long time - as some skills cost multiple Skill Points and - as you progress the trees - Skill Points cost more experience to earn. Deviating from From Soft's Soulsborne titles, dying only takes away half of your experience currently in the Skill Point bar (but you don't lose Skill Points themselves).

Dying also makes you lose half your sen, which is the game's currency. I was iffy with the idea of having both experience and currency separate (since in the Soulsborne franchise Souls/Blood Echoes were both experience and currency) but they do a good job balancing it out.

My first playthrough was incredible. Subsequent playthroughs, while still a blast, suffer in a similar light to how most of From Soft’s games do - in that you sort of just rush past a good deal of the world to get to checkpoints or bosses. Having played through Sekiro a few times, I can confidently say it’s the shortest From Software game I’ve played. This could be due to the huge amount of freedom you have in controlling your character; there’s no stamina bar, so you can dash, dodge, attack, jump, and grapple everywhere to your heart’s content. There are also significant skips that are really easy to pull off, but even without those it’s a game that a moderately skilled player could beat in about an hour. In its own way, this is still a good deal of fun, but I’m a From addict and I want more.

I can’t wait for DLC… God, I hope there’s DLC.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is damn near perfect, and even with what flaws there are, its greatness is so damn great, it supersedes the bad.
  86. Apr 19, 2019
    To put simply, this game is a masterpiece! From it's look to it's feel it is down right polished! It can be difficult but it's more like a puzzle, memorizing the enemy patterns and knowing how to get past certain attacks. To those who say the game is to difficult and needs and easy mode, if a quadriplegic man can beat it, so can you!
  87. Apr 19, 2019
    Sekiro is a lazy game compared to its predecessors. I played Demons Souls, all the Dark Souls and Bloodbourne. Loved all of them though Bloodbourne less than the Dark Souls games. Sekiro is a dumbed down version of Dark Souls and Bloodbourne. No levels, no builds and one weapon.

The game is Bloodbourne's focus on aggression, only on steroids. If you prefer the aggression of Bloodbourne to the more defensive and tactical nature of Dark Souls, then you'll probably love Sekiro. If you prefer Dark Souls to Bloodbourne, this game will likely prove disappointing and annoying.

The Good:
    The music and sound are good. The sound effect of clanging swords is great. The voice acting is good. Some of the particle effects are good. Anytime something is on fire it looks great. Controls are mostly good with some exceptions. World design and connectivity are good, but not as good as past games. Framerate is good as are the animations.

The Bad:
    Everything is very samey. There are not the variety of bosses that the previous games had - the ones here are generally very similar. Encounters mostly come down to L1 parry if the posture bar builds fast, or run around and attack during the times they are open to attack if the posture bar builds slow. The prosthetic tools feel like they were added because the dev team realized how one dimensional the gameplay is. Most of them are gimmicky for one specific use, while only a few are useful in many situations. The prosthetics do very little damage, so they aren't a separate play style by any means. The overall game design is very inflexible (particularly compared to other From games). They expect the player to play within very narrow parameters. Its a weird situation because you'll know you exactly what you are meant to do, but you won't always be able to execute successfully for a variety of reasons. The gameplay is very twitch based and reflex sensitive. Some will like this, but it makes the game harder for older players whose reflexes are slowing.

The stealth feels clumsily implemented. It's as if the devs included stealth out of a sense of obligation due to this being a ninja game, but they didn't really want to take it very far. The only purpose stealth really serves is to make traversing the levels slightly less annoying and in knocking one life bar off of minibosses.

The worst sin of the game is that minibosses and bosses are repeated all of the time. You will fight the same samurai and ninja minibosses god knows how many times. You will fight repeats of most of the bosses, not just once but many times. You fight one boss five times. You fight a variant of another boss 4 times. The majority of the bosses and virtually all of the minibosses are copy/pasted later in the game. It's a cynical, lazy way to add content to the game and I can't believe people aren't mad about this.

Graphics, textures in particular, are poor to mediocre. This game has a lot of blurry textures to the point where it sometimes looks like a PS3 game. In general, the game lacks a sharpness in the graphics department. The camera in this game is atrocious, as is the lock-on system. Get near a wall and you'll lose lock and then have to relocate the enemy. This generally happens during minibosses and bosses. FromSoft seems to have designed a few encounters around these failures. One miniboss in particular is placed in a room so small that the camera and lock-on are constantly a problem. Very cynical game design.

The game is an exercise in tedium. Almost everything about the game is tedious. Enemy placement in levels is designed to be as annoying as possible. Many of the minibosses are surrounded by 5-10 trash enemies that have to be cleared before each attempt on the miniboss. Many of the bosses are not very engaging due to the one dimensional emphasis on parrying. All of the bosses have multiple health bars. Then some have three, while other encounters have a 2 health bar boss and then a sidekick with a third health bar.

All FromSoft games are difficult, but this one lacks the pressure release valves that the previous entries had in the form of coop and leveling. Increasing attributes occurs via beating bosses, so there is no way to powerlevel if a boss proves difficult. There is no coop to help with bosses you're stuck on. Some will view this as a positive, but it greatly restricts the accessibility of the game to the non-hardcore gamer.

Previous FromSoft games drove me crazy, but I felt a huge sense of accomplishment when I beat a boss. In this game, the bosses drove me crazy, but there was very little sense of accomplishment upon beating one. I mostly felt relief at moving on to something else, almost like I finished a chore. I am extremely disappointed with this offering. It is not up to From's lofty standard.
  88. Apr 19, 2019
    The crappy camera will kill you a lot. Its a small game, demo size. About a quarter of the length of Dark Souls. Bad sound. Low frame rate. No environmental variety. Terrible game.
  89. Apr 18, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. fantastic atmosphere and world designs. as someone who's a huge Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne fan Ive had a truly hard time adjusting to the parry method rather than dodging method and have died many many many many many times, giving the rot to most of my available npcs, all before the first boss in the past when the estate was burning. Thats my fault though not the games but i cant help but to miss the gradual progression through leveling up. Expand
  90. XV_
    Apr 18, 2019
    Is hard to give a review to Sekiro because it has a lot of background behind and is difficult to not think about Souls or Bloodborne, but in the end, as bloodborne did in its own way, Sekiro is its own thing and is really good.

Everything feels familiar but it plays and tells its story very different than its cousins, the combat is great and makes you feel like the previous games lack in that department but for me the story and its characters never grew to the heights of other FromSoftware games, although I was very reluctant to feel sympathy for its main protagonist, in the end I was happy to be at his side.

The game gives you different difficulty settings in a very cryptic way as always, I played the harder mode and there's also a stealth mode which is the "easier" but slower mode, once you understand that you will prefer to dash through enemies and go berserk, because the stealth mode is kind of awkward and tedious.

As far as the presentation, the graphics are good but not great, and aside from a few ones which are beautiful the boss fights aren't as remarkable as they could be, the music didn't work that good for me because maybe I'm very ignorant of Japanese music but I really couldn't tell apart that a lot of tunes, which is a shame because the main composers of the previous games are here.

Even though is not that remarkable as the other FromSoftware games, is very good and better than a lot of other AAA games from another companies, I strongly recommend that if you're a FromSoftware fan check it out, and also if you are up to some challenge, is hard but not impossible and even you're almost alone in this game never forget to praise the sun.
  91. Apr 17, 2019
    The game is great.
    The only problem is that you have no option of weapons, builds, etc. So if you don't like parry mechanic (deflect) bad for you, cause there is no other gameplay option here. If you like it (I do!) then it feels really good to play!

A lot of butthurts wanted this game to be another darksouls ¬¬'
  92. Apr 17, 2019
    I dont give the 10 cos its true that you cant replay it like a darks souls, but the thing is that THIS IS NOT A DARK SOULS and it bothers me see lot of negative coments saying that they dont like the game because they wanted a dark souls like instead of this masterpiece of combat
  93. Apr 17, 2019
    This game is just as difficult as the dark souls games but it doesn't have the crutches. There are no cheap or OP weapons because the game has been balanced around only one. There is no summoning, so YOU have to be good enough to beat the bosses, not someone else. Leveling is dependent on game advancement, so there is no farming to over level and make the game easier.

This game takes

This game takes my favorite thing from DS - difficult bosses/gameplay to conquer giving huge accomplishment - and gets rid of all the extras. Instead of swapping in gear to help against fire like in Dark Souls, I'm spending all of my time thinking of new, improved, or perfected strategies. In DS the boss strategy often came down to just hanging back, learning attack patterns, now dodge and pick away. In Sekiro sometimes you have to be on the defensive, sometimes you have to be full offense, and everything in between. Super satisfying and HARD.
    9 for now, I expect a 10 when I'm done.

Update: Instant classic, easy 10. The game is even harder than I thought it was halfway through. Even after beating everything else the final boss feels like an insane difficulty spike. This game is not for everyone, but if you're up to the challenge I can't recommend it enough.
  94. Apr 16, 2019
    I am die hard souls veteren. I want to say I love Sekiro, I really do, it is fantastic brutal action game, but it has its own problems that drags the score down from perfection.
    Pro 1.Combat Mechanic is the best in the market right now. Posture system, Deflecting, Jumping, Unblockable attack and of cousre the Mikiri (Counter thrust by step on enemy's weapon) are what make the game
    Pro
    1.Combat Mechanic is the best in the market right now. Posture system, Deflecting, Jumping, Unblockable attack and of cousre the Mikiri (Counter thrust by step on enemy's weapon) are what make the game unique and full of excitement. It is much much better than any soul game I've ever played. I hope Fromsoft continue this system.

2. Scenary is very beautiful and colorful.

3.Story is fair, at least much easier to understand.
    Cons
    1. Skill moves and Prothestic tools are underwhelming. They are looked cool as first but once you play the gamethoroughly, you will come to the conclusion that those things are just small gimmicks. Especially the skill moves, all of them are hardly be said that they are better than your normal attack. (Except, the skill called icjimon double, that one may be only skill that can be very useful in some fights). On the top of that, you can equip only 1 skill move at time, you can't even quick swap skill move. What the heck is with that ? This is 2018, there are so many games that allows you equip 4 skills at the same time. It is 100% possible. Does Miyazaki think it will be imbalance to do that ? I don't really understand at all.

Prothestic tools, however, can be helpful but it has limited use. In the end, what you will do most is normal attack, which lead to the lack of diversity in this game, thus lead to less replayability than other soul titles.
    2. Stealth mechanic is too powerful. You can kill most of enemies along the way with stealh, or just sneak past them, which makes combat along the way become trivial. The game only hard when come to boss fight that you can't stealth kill. Even Minibosses, you can outright destory half of their hp with stealth . What is fun about that ?. This game shines most from combat mechanic, not stealth mechanic. However, because stealth has almost no risk (very easy to do) but get same reward (exp) like you fight head on, so why should I fight head on ?. Moreover, stealth mechanic in this game is very mediocre, you get behind enemy or jump from above, that is it. I hope stealth get nerfed hard. It is ok to sneak pass, but not outright kill high hg enemies or half minibosses hp, right now it is way too strong.
    3.No multiplayer ? admit it, this decrease replayability. Besides, without coop system, many people can't finished this game due to the sheer difficulty. I am fine but some of my friends will not be able to play it.
    That is all for Sekiro. Beating the game first time I spent 50 hrs (but I explored and farmmed a lot to test each skill, the actual time should be like 30 hrs ). I definitely buy Sekiro 2 or DLC but for now, I think the all skill moves need hard buffs. Prothestic tools needs to more love with the upgraded version. Please nerf the stealth kill. The game is great.
  95. Apr 16, 2019
    This game is very hard and has been very annoying and also the ending was not that good.
  96. Apr 16, 2019
    Nice game, great art direction, great combat system and all, but it lacks a lot from a replay value side. After you platinum'd the game, get all prosthetics, all skills and beat every boss, there's no real sense to play it again as the game experience will be the same over and over again. I like the action approach to this game, with no stats or classes, and I really appreciate the idea ofNice game, great art direction, great combat system and all, but it lacks a lot from a replay value side. After you platinum'd the game, get all prosthetics, all skills and beat every boss, there's no real sense to play it again as the game experience will be the same over and over again. I like the action approach to this game, with no stats or classes, and I really appreciate the idea of skill trees, but I would have preferred a game where you make your own "build" to accomplish the adventure, in order to make the game a lot more interesting (and creative to the player) in future playthrough. It would have increased the replay value to some extent. Expand
  97. Apr 15, 2019
    Signed up just to review this and do my part. Please people, heed my warning. This game is NOT what you are expecting if you are a fan of FromSoftware's previous famous titles. I cannot believe the sheer volume of perfect 10s this game is recieving. Over-zealous fanboys/girls are really doing a disservice to this company by blindly praising this game. Yes the gameplay is quite different toSigned up just to review this and do my part. Please people, heed my warning. This game is NOT what you are expecting if you are a fan of FromSoftware's previous famous titles. I cannot believe the sheer volume of perfect 10s this game is recieving. Over-zealous fanboys/girls are really doing a disservice to this company by blindly praising this game. Yes the gameplay is quite different to souls, but in a really bad, unfair, not fun way (unless you belong to the small population of super-elite gamers who have no other life and spend all waking hours playing this and poo pooing everyone else)

I gave this a three only because I really did like the beautiful environments, sound effects and music. The option to have the dialogue in Japanese with subtitles also adds to the experience. Unfortunately for me and many others, this is where the positives end.

Having soloed all the other souls/borne games and many other souls-like games from other developers and loving them, I was excited to say the least when this was announced. The way it was advertised made it look like a souls game set in medieval Japan with added gameplay mechanics (grappling hook, jumping, limited on-the-spot death revival, etc.) and sped up combat. This couldn't be any further from the truth. In reality this game is far closer to Ninja Gaiden or fighting games due to the reflex-based combat but far harder and not fun. Let me explain.

The combat is so unbelievably fast and twitch-reflex based that is it just obnoxious. Playing this like a souls game will get you killed in seconds and that's fine, it's not Dark Souls, BUT, even playing this game as it was intended requires either unaturally high level of reflex or literally life-consuming levels of practice to build up super fine tuned muscle memory. Strategising, carefulness and character building have been thrown out the window. Most people who have an actual life do not want to spend their free time playing a game that requires weeks or months of slogging to grasp the basics. The previous FromSoftware games did require learning and implemented a steep learning curve but even still, were more forgiving than this. They also offered large amounts of variety and reward for overcoming that curve which leads me to my next point.

Sekiro's offers absolutely no gameplay variety, particularly for bosses. You are stuck with one main, unalterable weapon and NO armor options for the whole game. Sure there are prosthetics, but they are few and far between and largely not necessary. More importantly there is no variation in play style. You have to rely almost solely on deflecting (parrying) and countering. For bosses you have to learn when exactly to hit the deflect button, the dodge button, the jump button, or the attack button. Failure to do so EXACTLY as the devs intended results in death. In this way I felt like I was playing guitar hero but where one wrong button-push resulted in a complete start over. I was locked into a precise pattern of unfairly fast reflex button pushing. These decisions have to be made in
  98. Apr 15, 2019
    Everything around bosses is cool, the learning, the environment exploration the artistic direction.

But bosses are way to hard and not much people will see half the game. I like dark souls 3 and bloodborne but here there's no way to pass some bosses, no multiplayer, no tricky things. just paring and hitting again and again because, bosses' bars of stun is drained by time. They forgot

They forgot that it's a game and not sure AAA will remain with that kind of standard.
    Most people (probably not the kind who could read this) will never make a third of the game, so they will dislike it.

Give-me a "pass that boss" button and I may finaly enjoy it. but for now it goes on sale.

Remind : most people speaking about games and coming here are hardcore gamers or geeks so notes are mostly biased.
  99. Apr 15, 2019
    game it on the pc, the game is well optimized, magnificent graphics, fair difficulty, excellent game, the game's candidate of the year
  100. Apr 15, 2019
    MINOR SPOILERS
    MINOR SPOILERS
    Though I found Sekiro's world slightly less immersive/interesting to explore than previous FromSoftware titles, notably Bloodborne and even Dark Souls III (it's close), it still had the developer's signature sense of atmosphere. The areas were a bit too similar in my opinion, minus two to three changes of pace (Senpou, Fountainhead, Hirata to a lesser extent), and there seemed to be less overall areas to explore. I found the "optional" areas to be somewhat lacking as well, as some of the optional bosses were just retreads of previous bosses with a twist and several of them took place on the same battlefield as a prior fight. Nonetheless, the boss fights in Sekiro are top notch. As far as overall consistency of quality, this is FromSoft's best effort to date. From the first main boss encounter on, each one (with maybe two exceptions) is a challenging and adrenaline-pumping clash of swords. Even the classic gimmick fight found in every SoulsBorne game is improved here in almost every level: the gorgeous visuals, enjoyment, arena, etc. Having a lone katana as the main weapon also allowed FromSoft to make their bosses as unique as possible, displayed in their fighting style as well as their design, without having to worry about what approach the player is taking (like the Souls series: spellcaster, dex, strength, etc.). The enemy variety was kind of bland, mostly humanoid, but narratively I understand that was kind of necessary. The mini bosses were also a nice break-up between exploring en route to the next big bad and offered vital rewards upon defeat, though there were far too many re-skins in this department and some of them were just a chore to to fight. Another highlight of FromSoft's last few games has been the excellent and riveting soundtracks. Having played Bloodborne and Dark Souls III nearing Sekiro's release, I found the soundtrack a bit underwhelming (which was my mistake of expectation). However, upon replays the music has really grown on me and definitely fits the world perfectly. Some tracks that stand out are CM, LB, ISS, O, and GA (boss initials). Final point of praise: the combat, once understood, is probably the most satisfying I've ever played in a videogame. Although it isn't quite the masterpiece I expected, it is definitely my early 2019 GOTY in an already crowded year and a game that was well worth the wait. Already itching to see what FromSoft comes up with next. 8.9/10.

1. May 15, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an enjoyable, yet deeply challenging game. It's not really a Dark Souls with samurais game, but whether or not you enjoyed the difficulty level of the battles in Dark Souls will be a good benchmark in gauging how much you'll like Sekiro. If you're persistent, up for a challenge, and don't become frustrated easily, then Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an easy game to recommend.
  2. Apr 28, 2019
    Though Sekiro feels impossibly hard at times, the level of euphoria you experience when delivering a death blow to a tricky boss or when you finally clear a castle grounds of all enemies is almost unparalleled.
  3. Apr 27, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice succeeds in its incredibly visceral combat and stealth all while being set in an engaging game world. However, its linear character growth options and repetitive combat begin to dull the experience after you get over the initial hump.