8.0

Generally favorable reviews- based on 1981 Ratings

1. Jun 5, 2019
    FromSoftware always tends to amaze people and this time they did it again! Sekiro: Shadows die twice is an amazing game! It has awesome soundtracks which fit right into the atmosphere, it has quite possibly the most realistic samurai swordplay in all of gaming! The boss fights are glorious they are tense, challenging and epic. Sekiro's story is not that great but its certainly not bad itsFromSoftware always tends to amaze people and this time they did it again! Sekiro: Shadows die twice is an amazing game! It has awesome soundtracks which fit right into the atmosphere, it has quite possibly the most realistic samurai swordplay in all of gaming! The boss fights are glorious they are tense, challenging and epic. Sekiro's story is not that great but its certainly not bad its pretty damn good!

Verdict: In the end Sekiro is an amazing challenging game from the awesome Japanese devs FromSoftware. If your into challenging games with glorious gameplay, boss fights and an intriguing story than you should definitely buy sekiro!
  2. Jun 10, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very subtle story telling, as you expect from from software games the story is hidden and distributed into different pieces, you have to uncover it yourself. brutal and punishing game play again as expected. I liked the prosthetic arm, vertical movement it brings and the fast paced fighting. graphics are beautiful but the resolution doesn't look good on ps4 pro. I liked the level design and the Japanese atmosphere, even though Bloodborne still represents the peak of Fromsoftware games in terms of design and atmosphere. boss fights are extremely difficult but as you memorize their move sets you can beat them at the end. Expand
  3. May 3, 2019
    Great game! If you're thinking of trying this game, expect the game to be difficult.. This game will test you, and will keep testing you.
  4. May 30, 2019
    This a launcher new line games from software And this game is very cool even in spite of its unjustified severity
  5. May 2, 2019
    Just another masterpiece from Hidetaka Miyazaki. Of course lore is not so close to non japanese players but it still awesome. And what is great that after beating Bloodborne, all Dark Souls series - it's still difficult to cope with the game. It's an evolution in soulsborne genre and it's some kind of fresh air after those endless and similar Ubisoft sandboxes.

P.S.: Isshin Ashina

P.S.: Isshin Ashina (Immortal Severance ending) is probably the hardest boss in video games :)
  6. May 9, 2019
    This was my first fromsoftware game, and it was brilliant. Great character design feeling of freedom in where you go despite being quite linear, and the combat is fantastic as long as you're prepared to fail before succeeding
  7. May 18, 2019
    As a Dark Souls veteran, I found this game’s combat and environment infectious. It took the challenge to a whole new level beyond Souls and Bloodborne, and I’m never one to back down.

The environment is beautiful. It’s inspired, and comprehensive, much like any souls game, but perhaps most similar in its’ singular theme to Bloodborne. What I mean by that is most of the areas do look to be of the same world, unlike the stunningly different areas of dark souls, but within that, the vistas are highly varied with rooftops, castles, plains, jungles, caves, etc. Each new view is perhaps more beautiful than the last.

While you never get a different primary sword to play with, you have plenty of abilities and arm attachment to vary up the combat and overall play experience. These can either be very useful or entirely useless depending on how you choose to play the game. I found it most fun to take full advantage of these abilities and learn to use them as needed as an extension of my base options. This kept the combat more interesting.

The combat in the game is very polished, and actually very diverse, if you let it be. You can truly play most fights many different ways and they are all viable. You can play with a lot of vertical movement and jumps, or with only ground movement and heavy on parries, or you can play the fast shinobi, running around your enemy at high speed landing slices as you pass their flank at high speed. I think the latter can be highly fun, but also very dangerous, and works best when you have high confidence in an encounter and have really learned the enemy moveset. The point is you can fight many different ways and they all work, and that’s awesome.

Now about the combat difficulty.. well it’s hard. Very hard. And it’s different. Just because you are good at Souls does not mean you will have anything close to resembling an easy go at this game. The main issue with the combat is, it can be broken. There are ways to attack enemies with highly aggressive approaches that I think break the intended flow of combat on most bosses. With that said, just don’t look up guides. I did not get any guide help and found the fights to be absolutely thrilling. One boss took me 8 hours to beat, and I regret none of it. I got to the point where I knew every move and how to address each one in sequence when to dodge when to parry when to use certain abilities, it became a complicated dance. It was an absolutely thrilling challenge that I’ve never had to quite that extent in any other game.

This combat comes with a downside due to the game’s design. Some bosses have a sort of “final form” once you’ve beaten them that you have to contend with. The issue is, if you best them in a proper fashion, it is a long, difficult process, and then out of nowhere there is a whole new moveset. Learning their previous moveset took hours, and even if you come in to the final form with full health never taking a hit, they can dispose of you nearly instantaneously. That is when the game, for me, goes from thrillingly difficult, to stiflingly difficult. It’s a mechanic that was present in DS and BB, an enrage form, but those games were much more forgiving, and so you could push through it without as much effort.

If you take the easy way out and find combat guides, the combat becomes easier, but also very one-dimensional. You don’t quite cheese the encounters, but you certainly limit their scope, and it doesn’t feel like the way the fight was meant to be encountered. I’d suggest trying each fight on your own, it’s a much better experience.

The lesser, non-boss enemies can likewise be extremely difficult, with certain levels having chains of enemies that are absolutely brutal. The variance among enemies, however, is lacking compared to DS and BB, with most feeling quite similar being almost all humans. It’s my biggest letdown.

Finally, there are enemies which require a certain consumable in order to be hit. This consumable can only be dropped from certain enemies and at very low rates. This is similar to other consumable requirements in other games, but it just goes too far here. It is ridiculously tedious to farm and the end result is you farm for an hour to get a few minutes of fighting in which.. just sucks when it takes so long to properly learn boss fights. It’s my understanding they have done some rebalancing to fix this, though I cannot comment on this as I have not played since the patch.

All in all, it’s an amazing game, and worth the money and then some. It’s not perfect, and it’s not quite the best experience FromSoftware has to offer, but it is beautiful, mostly well designed, and enjoyable, if you enjoy a challenge that is.
  8. Apr 9, 2019
    As a newbie to the Souls genre I must say - Sekiro is a great game overall !
    As a newbie to the Souls genre I must say - Sekiro is a great game overall !
    Didnt expect it to go that way, I was about to leave it 2 hours into the game after dying for the 30th time, just like i did with Bloodborne.. This game tho I find quite interesting with the fight mechanics, story, progression, art style, setting, high replay value, multiple endings, and even tho I died no less than 500-600 times i finished it enjoying it all the way.
    I hear Sekiro is the hardest of all the Souls games and Bloodborne, which is funny cuz Bloodborne almost made me go mad for two days until I deleted it. Sekiro is fair to the gamer, giving him chance to stay a bit longer until loving it for what it is.
    Artistically it is quite beautiful with all the places having their own unique charisma, all the enemies and bosses are done really good too.
    Only negative i can say is the camera that goes nuts in tight spaces and locked enemies or worse - bosses unlock from your stance and go HAM on you...
    Gameplay is enjoyable with the Deathblows being quite the fun.
    I would definitely recommend Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    - from a new FromSoftware fan
  9. May 4, 2019
    Bloody brilliant, yeah at the start its harder than dark souls but once you get into the deflecting and general game mechanics your golden. What a ride, A must play
  10. May 28, 2019
    Game of the year so far for me. Coming in as a massive Souls fan, the combat takes A LOT of getting used to... but when it clicks it feels great. Apart from the combat though, the exploration elements make a Souls-fan feel quite at home and as with all From Soft games it is DRIPPING with atmosphere.

As with all these games I like to take my time and 'live' the experience, so after pumping about 50 hours in I have now reached the endgame area and feel like I have a proper understanding of the mechanics and the narrative. The story is great, with a few little twists and turns which take it into some very dark areas (both figuratively and literally). The story is conveyed in a far more matter-of-fact way than the Souls games but there is still a lot of environmental storytelling and lore to research... ie the things going on in Fountainhead Palace are not explicitly explained but having researched a bit further, is both interesting and disturbing.

Difficulty-wise, I find the areas themselves a bit easier than that faced in the Dark Souls and Bloodborne games (probably due to the heavily utilised stealth mechanics) but the boss fights (where the player is unable to use stealth) are significantly tougher. I would place Owl Father above all other bosses faced in Soulsborne and apparently Sword Saint Ishin (whom I am yet to face) is even tougher. It literally took me 8 hours and 20 minutes of getting my *** kicked (and around 50 deaths) until I finally prevailed... not looking forward to Ishin! There are also more bosses than other From Soft games due to there being 'mini'-bosses too.

There are four different endings, two of which will probably require some research to ensure that each obscure step is completed at the right time in order to achieve each. So replayability is definitely there too. The only thing I would say is it can be a little too tough for some people with a few of my friends struggling to beat an early mini-boss that is WAY before the actual first boss AND WAY easier. That aside though, I cant wait for the DLC.
  11. Apr 10, 2019
    This game is what Video Games used to be. It builds up your skill to overcome the challenges it presents. Can't wait for From Software next game implementing what they have learned from Sekiro.
  12. Apr 23, 2019
    Si eres un amante de la saga Souls este juego es un soplo de aire fresco con sus muchas nuevas mecánicas ya que es muy diferente a los anteriores títulos y tendrás que aprender a jugar de cero. Querrás perderte en su mundo como cuando jugaste los primeros títulos por primera vez.
    Si no eres fan de la saga pero te llama la atención dale una oportunidad porque puede que encuentres tu tipo de juego perfecto.
  13. Jun 3, 2019
    Story telling, artistry, graphics, and mechanics is 9/10.
    Replay value was disappointing. I didn't want to go through any other playthroughs.
  14. May 3, 2019
    This game is not dark souls nor bloodborne, and that's okay. Why? Because From Software has proved that not only can they make a game just as hard as those games, but a game that's a boatload of fun. From what I've played of it, I can tell you it might just be my goty
  15. Apr 29, 2019
    they say '..More pleasessssss.." !!!!
    Lovelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  16. May 6, 2019
    Anyone who says that the game is too short is probably rushing the bad ending and not exploring the world.
    This game is as close to a masterpiece as we will see in 2019. The combat is tight, the lore is fascinating and inspired by actual events in Japanese history. The game is clean and crisp. I've had no issues with frame drops or glitches. While the graphics aren't perfect, or as clean as other 2019 titles, I've never considered graphics to be the determining factor in making a game. Honestly the best part of this game for me is the lore. While I love the demands of the combat system, and I will address complaints about that in a moment, and how it has a low entry point in the beginning but ramps up nicely lately, the lore knocks it out of the park for me. With every boss beaten and new area unlocked the world get more and more pleasantly weird.
    I'm seeing people complain about the combat system, there's no combat or play-style variety, you can't build your character how you want, so on and so forth. Apparently these players didn't get that far into the fighting style trees or arts. Just because Sekiro doesn't let you cheese the game with over leveled health bars and wearing the highest poise armor in the game doesn't mean its bad. The game has immense variety in both how you approach enemies and the various tools you use to sway the fight one way or another. Also QTE? I don't see one single QTE in the game, this is seriously confusing.
    Ultimately the game is probably the most welcoming From Soft title to come out in a very long time. The game starts out simple yet the further you progress into the game the more options you have for handling mobs and bosses. The game demands mastery of a variety of skills rather than just being alright at one thing, and punishes you when cannot attempt to rise to the challenge. There's a lot to be learned in this game, and the more you learn and master the more you can enjoy the nuance of the system. Also one last thing, if you go into combat playing re-actively you will be crushed by later bosses. This game is about balance, if you don't get that then fights will be very boring and you will get crushed.
  17. May 1, 2019
    Smooth divergent combat, Boss fights keep getting better and better, Great story line and Sengoku era quote.
  18. Aug 11, 2019
    Another masterpiece by FromSoftware and Miyazaki showing the world how to make games. Absolutely incredible experience. The game has some of the best combat, story, music, and world design and boss fights in video game history.
  19. Apr 11, 2019
    Miyazaki has created his best IP yet. The Souls series was my favorite gaming series by far, but Sekiro came and somehow managed to be a few levels higher than any Souls game. There is only one thing I enjoy more about the Souls game over Sekiro, the variable worlds you explore in Dark Souls are among the best in video games. Sekiro has less variety in terms of land scape, but man isMiyazaki has created his best IP yet. The Souls series was my favorite gaming series by far, but Sekiro came and somehow managed to be a few levels higher than any Souls game. There is only one thing I enjoy more about the Souls game over Sekiro, the variable worlds you explore in Dark Souls are among the best in video games. Sekiro has less variety in terms of land scape, but man is the gameplay superior in every way.

Sekiro manages to have one of the best progressions in any game I've played. Defeating each boss teaches you new mechanics in the game and familiarizes you with how the combat works. Each boss is a step up from the last all the way up until the end of the game.

Let's talk about the combat, how has no other game had a posture style combat system before? This seems like it should be the standard for a sword fighting game. Sekiro gives you three options when it comes to killing enemies, stealth, vitality hits on person, and building up posture by supplying a lot of blows that aren't direct hits and parrying at the right time to stagger your enemy for a death blow. This posture system is so good I am shocked no games done it before (at least as far as I'm aware). There are really 8 key parts to combat besides the three ways to kill, there is blocking / parrying slashes / parying thrusts / attacking / jump kicking / prosthetic use / deflecting lightning back at the opponent / and dodging grabs and other unparryable / blockable moves. Each enemy gives you a split second to decide which of these 8 things you want to do at any given time, some bosses have combos that can combo with any other one of their combos allowing for near infinite combability. This means some bosses require to learn every individual combo and be able to identify which combo is coming up on the fly because bosses could use 2 or 3 combos directly in a row. This kind of fast play makes it feel too good when you pull it off and makes you want to master it to do so.

In FromSoft fashion we also have plenty of secret areas to explore and numerous bosses / minibosses that are optional. I look forward to DLC and more games in this IP to come, it has become my favorite for sure.
  20. Apr 9, 2019
    Wow. Just wow. They really nailed it this time. Combat is tight, fluid, rewarding. The world is breathtaking and exploration is engaging, exciting and tense.

If there is anything I miss it is customizing the appearance of my character, finding clothing and armor is a lot of fun, and something I would have enjoyed even in this game. All in all, Sekiro is an amazing accomplishment. It

All in all, Sekiro is an amazing accomplishment. It has quickly, yet safely, become one of my favorite games of all time (especially if I put down my nostalgia glasses). I admire the bravery of FromSoftware to dare stepping out of the mold, trying something new and completely owning it. Well done, and thank you!
  21. Apr 9, 2019
    This game might not be for everyone, but I'm really enjoying it. The difficulty definitely requires some getting used to, but once it clicks and you understand the mechanics it makes the fights so much more enjoyable. It's one of the few recent games that rewards patience and practice very well.
  22. Apr 11, 2019
    I love soulborne series, I can be very bias on this one. The disappointing part for me is it does not have multiplayer mode. It isn't like someone say the hardest game ever made, honestly I think Mario is harder than this game.
  23. Aug 22, 2019
    All in all not my favorite FromSoft game but it´s definetly worth playing. Plays much different than the Souls-Series but in terms of difficulty it might be even harder.
  24. Apr 17, 2019
    I dont give the 10 cos its true that you cant replay it like a darks souls, but the thing is that THIS IS NOT A DARK SOULS and it bothers me see lot of negative coments saying that they dont like the game because they wanted a dark souls like instead of this masterpiece of combat
  25. Apr 19, 2019
    To put simply, this game is a masterpiece! From it's look to it's feel it is down right polished! It can be difficult but it's more like a puzzle, memorizing the enemy patterns and knowing how to get past certain attacks. To those who say the game is to difficult and needs and easy mode, if a quadriplegic man can beat it, so can you!
  26. Apr 26, 2019
    From software did it again. Sekiro is a game which ask you to play by its rule, but reward you with the satisfaction when you beat it at its own game.

Cant thank enough from software to keep on making games that are actually games and not going to point A to B and then killing bunch of same enemies for the entirety of the gameplay. Looking at you red dead 2.
    From software is the best
  27. Apr 23, 2019
    Phenomenal experience! I've seen some articles complaining about difficulty but I truly think that Sekiro is one of From Software's most generous games. You have SO MANY options in combat, you can choose to fight your enemy's up close and personal, mastering the art of the parry, you can employ hit and run tactics or you can take a more cautious approach, using your shinobi tools andPhenomenal experience! I've seen some articles complaining about difficulty but I truly think that Sekiro is one of From Software's most generous games. You have SO MANY options in combat, you can choose to fight your enemy's up close and personal, mastering the art of the parry, you can employ hit and run tactics or you can take a more cautious approach, using your shinobi tools and attack skills to whittle down their health bars, tools and attack skills you can even SWITCH DURING COMBAT! Yes, you can pause during boss fights in this game. The boss keeps blocking your spear? Switch up to the firecrackers. Can't seem to block their attacks? Maybe try the umbrella shield. Can't get that doge timing right? Not a problem, you have unlimited stamina in this game, you can literally run circles around pretty much every enemy.

Sekiro is not too difficult, and worrying about how hard it is should definitely not be a reason not to buy. If you can't beat a boss or get past a certain area, trying something different, and keep trying until you are successful. Like Dark Souls and Bloodborne, overcoming seemingly insurmountable challenges is what this game is about, and finally beating it is one of the best feelings in gaming.
  28. Apr 23, 2019
    This game is actually very hard at the beginning. However, when I find the way to beat the enemies and get the learning curve, it becomes a game so satisfying.
  29. May 3, 2019
    The game has a good chunk of what you would expect from a Souls game: High but extremely fair difficulty, amazing animation and movesets from enemies, a LOT to be discovered around the main story (evironment storytelling is back) and bosses that will always test what you have learned so far.

I like to compare SEKIRO to real life, you will fail a lot at something, but each time you fail you will get a little step closer to overcoming your obstacles, until you finally do and you just feel really proud of what you just did.

The only bad thing in SEKIRO is that it does not have the variety the other Souls games have (you can't change your clothing and main weapon), but as FROM SOFTWARE stated, this is NOT a Souls game.
  30. Apr 23, 2019
    Another amazing FromSoft game. Difficult but tons of hidden lore and tidbits. Great swordplay and action as well.
  31. May 16, 2019
    Me encantó este juego, el gameplay es exigente y divertido que te tiene pegado a la pantalla, sin descuidar un segundo por qué mueres, no se podría esperar menos de un juego de From Software
  32. Apr 25, 2019
    A great game and it was good experience for me, hope the DLC can be released asap!
  33. Apr 26, 2019
    Un juego excelente! dificultad variada con cada enemigo, desde los mas débiles hasta los jefes, unos gráficos impecables, una historia que se entiende a la perfección (no como los otros juegos de FromSoftware que había que investigar el lore y hacerse uno su propia historia) una total reinvención de la jugabilidad y lo mejor de todo; su tamaño es de menos de 15gb.
  34. May 3, 2019
    Absolutely incredible game. From Software has outdone themselves yet again. You will die a lot but you simply cannot stop playing because of how fun it is
    10/10 must buy
  35. May 20, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A great game with a great story and incredible soundtrack background Without a doubt one of the best games of this year Expand
  36. May 2, 2019
    Lo mejor que ha conseguido From Software con Sekiro es diferenciarse enormemente de sus otros productos. Tienen cosas muy parecidas y se nota que es su juego, pero es tan diferente de Dark Soul y Bloodborne. Ha conseguido un estilo propio y unas mecánicas muy precisas y que sienten como si fueras un verdadero shinobi. Tiene unas "mecanicas sencillas" (usa la katana para atacar, defiéndete,Lo mejor que ha conseguido From Software con Sekiro es diferenciarse enormemente de sus otros productos. Tienen cosas muy parecidas y se nota que es su juego, pero es tan diferente de Dark Soul y Bloodborne. Ha conseguido un estilo propio y unas mecánicas muy precisas y que sienten como si fueras un verdadero shinobi. Tiene unas "mecanicas sencillas" (usa la katana para atacar, defiéndete, rompe la defensa del objetivo...), pero que necesitas de mucha práctica y de morir mucho para poder dominarlo a la perfección (y no tanto porque llega un jefe que crees que controlas pero te mata). Puede llegar a ser frustrante a veces cuando no consigues derrotar a ciertos jefes pero la satisfacción al empezar a entender sus movimientos y ver que lo estás consiguiendo creo que merece mucho la pena. Un juego que merece la pena. Expand
  37. May 3, 2019
    Otra obra maestra por parte de From Software, jugablemente increíble es una delicia, gráficamente precioso al igual que en cuanto a sonido, incluso la historia esta a gran altura, un juego ademas largo, con un montón de jefes o mini jefes opcionales, varios finales alternativos, muchas cosas ocultas con un mapa enorme por explorar, la gente que lo vota negativo es simplemente por laOtra obra maestra por parte de From Software, jugablemente increíble es una delicia, gráficamente precioso al igual que en cuanto a sonido, incluso la historia esta a gran altura, un juego ademas largo, con un montón de jefes o mini jefes opcionales, varios finales alternativos, muchas cosas ocultas con un mapa enorme por explorar, la gente que lo vota negativo es simplemente por la exagerada dificultad, es cierto que es de los juegos mas difíciles que he jugado, por no decir el mas dificil la verdad, pero justamente esa es la gracia de este titulo, es lo que buscaban para diferenciarse, no es como para votarlo negativo por eso, practicamente todos los juegos del mercado son un paseo, asi que la gente que se queja de la dificultad simplemente que busquen otra cosa, pero que no voten negativo a tal obra maestra, con tanto trabajo detrás, el único pero que le puedo poner respecto a los DS, es que es un juego que tienes que estar siempre al 100%, no hay momento de descanso, incluso con los enemigos mas básicos, no te vale solo aporrear el botón de ataque, pero vamos que eso no quita la obra de arte que es, gracias de nuevo FS. Expand
  38. May 2, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This wonderfully difficult game is one that I enjoyed immensely. I've been a fan of Souls games and thought I would take off like a beast, and I was wrong. The combat of Dark Souls and Bloodborne are not how this works. Sekiro became a challenge and one that I love. I came, I saw, I got slammed into Hades by an albino King Kong. I chopped his head off and... he got up and screamed me into oblivion. Over and over until I finally got the skills built up and knowledge of the match-up down. Victory felt victorious!

The fantasy shinobi atmosphere is a nice change and the FromSoft world-building without words is in full force again (show, don't tell). If the industry could use a shot of anything right now it's how to do more of this.

My only criticism is also unfortunately necessary for Sekiro to work. This is a tale, so character building and customization is pretty light, and I've always liked those options in previous FromSoft titles. There's no point in doing a run with another build without builds.

After being burnt on a recent pre-order from another company (MK11), I considered never pre-ordering a game again. I may make an exception for FromSoft.
  39. May 2, 2019
    Jogo muito bom, mantendo a dificuldade e boss fights de costume, e muitos cenários para exploração, como qualquer Dark Souls ou até mesmo Bloodborne. O que peca é a história, que como de costume, não é o foco nesse estilo de jogo da From Software, mas mesmo assim é super divertido (pra quem é fâ desse gênero de jogo, e está ciente da dificuldade). Uma coisa que senti falta, foi aJogo muito bom, mantendo a dificuldade e boss fights de costume, e muitos cenários para exploração, como qualquer Dark Souls ou até mesmo Bloodborne. O que peca é a história, que como de costume, não é o foco nesse estilo de jogo da From Software, mas mesmo assim é super divertido (pra quem é fâ desse gênero de jogo, e está ciente da dificuldade). Uma coisa que senti falta, foi a envolvência das quests secundárias no game, achei meio fraco comparado ao Dark Souls e BloodBorne.

Game design: 10/10
    Level design: 10/10
    Dificuldade: 9/10
    Gráficos: 10/10
    História: 8/10
    Personagens: 9/10
    Boss Fights: 10/10
  40. May 7, 2019
    Ich verstehe nicht wie man als Bloodborne oder Dark Souls Fan dieses Spiel nicht leiden kann. Es ist auf seine eigene Art und Weise absolut ebenbürtig. Ich für meinen Teil habe dieses Feeling beim Zocken welches ich nur bei From Software Games bekomme, deshalb 10/10!!!
  41. May 3, 2019
    really good game the grafix are att point! i dont get why people say it looks like ps2 graphics i mean have you ever played or seen a ps2 game i dont think a ps2 can run this game it will just crash people these days i swear anyway this game is really good the combat the bosses everything is great from software dont litsen to people this game is awesome keep it up!. also the game isreally good game the grafix are att point! i dont get why people say it looks like ps2 graphics i mean have you ever played or seen a ps2 game i dont think a ps2 can run this game it will just crash people these days i swear anyway this game is really good the combat the bosses everything is great from software dont litsen to people this game is awesome keep it up!. also the game is difficult but what do you expect from the people who made dark souls i mean hell it has prepare to die edition. im gonna tell you why these games are difficult the hidetaka miyazaki the idea of the souls series said that he wants to make players feel like they accomplished something big you know that hard boss that you keep dying to and then the satisfaction of finally beating the boss is so good it feels like you took herione. thats why these games are hard they are supposed to be hard thats why these games are so good Expand
  42. May 7, 2019
    I have finished all Fromsoftware RPG´s since Demons Souls, and Sekiro, regardless of not being a "real rpg", but a hack and slash game with litle RPG elements, maintains the quality level of previous games, with many and many dark souls elements, like the "bonfire" checkpoints and extremely hard and rewarding boss fights. It´s definetly an addictive game and will not disappoint theI have finished all Fromsoftware RPG´s since Demons Souls, and Sekiro, regardless of not being a "real rpg", but a hack and slash game with litle RPG elements, maintains the quality level of previous games, with many and many dark souls elements, like the "bonfire" checkpoints and extremely hard and rewarding boss fights. It´s definetly an addictive game and will not disappoint the Fromsoftware fans. Expand
  43. May 8, 2019
    Also meiner Meinung nach das beste Spiel der FromSoftware Reihe.

Kann ich nur empfehlen!
  44. May 11, 2019
    After playing all the From Software previous Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne games I was expecting something quite special with this, and I wasn't disappointed! Sekiro is quite a different beast from its predecessors, so if you go in and play the game fresh you will be in for one fantastic adventure. It can be quite an unforgiving game at times, even when it gives you a chance toAfter playing all the From Software previous Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne games I was expecting something quite special with this, and I wasn't disappointed! Sekiro is quite a different beast from its predecessors, so if you go in and play the game fresh you will be in for one fantastic adventure. It can be quite an unforgiving game at times, even when it gives you a chance to die twice, but the excitement and relief after beating another mini boss or a main boss is quite something. But I feel at times you do come to quite a hard wall with some bosses and only the most patient and persistent gamers will get through it. Expand
  45. May 10, 2019
    I would give this game a 9 but i just can't. It is so rare to see a game this polished and playable today. Tried alot of them. ARK, PUBG, HUNT, TARKOV. Those were all Early-A games and the hype has been on that trail along time. It was just refreshing.

Game might be hard, but everything is when you don't know how to handle things. It's still more forgiving to a new player than a Dark Souls game because Sekiro does not require as much setups. It requires you to undertand the mechanics and truly test you.

Everything below a 7 in a rating on this game is clearly wrong. Expecting things to be something there not is a sin of your own mind. Rating a game is about you not comparing the title to others or your skill with what you managed in other situations.

I will claim that the phasing in this game is so good it puts alot of games to shame.
    And like most things in life, if you just "Stay a while and listen" most things becomes obvious.
    The game even got a Tutorial were you can practice your mechanics with ease.

My last words will be "Git Gud". People who can't stand knowing they have to become better sometimes to reach certain satisfactions will never accept that their not good enough either. You can't be good enough with everything in life, check out Tetris.
    So yeah...Git gud.
  46. May 16, 2019
    It is a very good game. Very challenging and entertaining. Their mini bosses reach levels of demand even higher than some bosses. Very good game. 100% recommended
  47. May 14, 2019
    Ok , so, ... if you dont like hard and challenging games, please just stop reading.

If you like hard and challenging games, keep going !
    If you like from software, keep going !
    If you like feudal japan, then 立ち止まるな !

Truly a masterpiece !
    ( 本当に傑作!)
  48. May 15, 2019
    If you pay attention there are soo many details. The challenge is very satisfying to experienced gamers. From software should not change a thing. Currently I'm stuck but breaking that barrier is the point. Learn, grow and be the story
  49. May 20, 2019
    Going into Sekiro I wasn't expecting the best I think it down to Activison being involved with the project that and I was alittle salty that it wasn't Bloodborne 2.
    But good lord I was so wrong about this game. Sekiro is a masterclass in both visual storytelling and satisfying melee combat with a progression system that whilst not as expansive as the Soulsborne games is still expansive resulting in different skill combinations (At least in the first playthrough).
    But why should you play Sekiro ? simple, it provides a rush of thrills unlike any game From Software have created thanks to the reworked combat that is almost like a rhythm game as timing the parries is key and knowing when to attack is important also.
    Sekiro also contains a large variety of bosses with their own unique movesets and hazards to avoid and every victory I had was always satisfying giving me a feeling I hadn't felt since finishing the Soulsborne games for the first time moments like Making a God Tier build in Demon's Souls, Defeating Ornstein and Smough for the first time on 0 Estus, Getting the DLC crowns in Dark Souls II, The moment everything gets Tilted in Bloodborne, And the first time fighting Soul Of Cinder as a fan of the series. Moments like this will stay with me and Sekiro has plenty of moments like that if not topping those experiences at times.
    Sekiro is not without it's faults though a good example being how overpowered the "Shinobi Firecrackers" are as I believe most if not all bosses have a flinch effect when the player uses these. Tools like the Sabimaru or the Folded Umbrella feel borderline underpowered with very limited uses in fact I only used the Purple Folded Umbrella on NG+ to make short work of the Shichimen Warrior boss who's projectiles can be easily countered with this tool.
    Also some bosses are straight up bad like The Divine Dragon and The Mist Noble who are basically just obstacles in the way of the player similar to something like Allant in Demon's Souls or The Congregation in Dark Souls II.
    Ultimately though Sekiro is a masterpiece of immesurable scale and should be something in your game library before the end of this generation and I hope we can get some expansion to the lore of Ashina and the characters that inhabit it although a Bloodborne 2 would be nice before that.
  50. May 25, 2019
    Listen... I am late to the whole to the whole Dark Souls thing and Im sorry I have no Dark Souls pedigree. I always avoided them due to their 'punishing' difficulty. Then I started with Bloodborne which slowly became one of my favorite games of all time. So I was excited about Sekiro. Um yeah.... its tough, unforgivably tough, more so than any game I've ever played. But I stuck with itListen... I am late to the whole to the whole Dark Souls thing and Im sorry I have no Dark Souls pedigree. I always avoided them due to their 'punishing' difficulty. Then I started with Bloodborne which slowly became one of my favorite games of all time. So I was excited about Sekiro. Um yeah.... its tough, unforgivably tough, more so than any game I've ever played. But I stuck with it remembering that Bloodborne started out like that for me (not to the same degree but in principle). I also assumed that the bosses in the first memory were chronologically the first bosses I were to encounter. So the Drunkard beat me down a dozen times but then I was able to finally defeat him. Virtually seconds away a heart attack I exhaled and continued. OH but what I didn't know i that the real stage boss was right around the corner. Madam Butterfly stomped my ass dozens of times. I tried again and again and again and FINALLY a final deathblow. It was possibly the most fist pumping jump up and down video game moment of my life. I almost passed out. Then I realized that wasn't supposed to be the first bosses. So yeah. Good story. But experiences like that are so rare in games and Ive had them in spades playing this game. Expand
  51. May 29, 2019
    Sekiro :shadows die twice is one of the best gaming experiences I have had till date,it easily reaches my top 5 of most satisfying games.
    The combat is fluid responsive and hectic,you truly feel like a shinobi fighting against everything else to save your master at all costs,the game brings out the best from 'from softwares' level design,the world feels interconnected and cohesive,with each deathblow you get to feel the mechanics of the game tightening itself around you if that makes sense,the game latches itself on to you and the feeling of satisfaction that comes from beating a 'from software' game is still there and it plays a good part in giving you the ultimate shinobi experience.
  52. Jun 1, 2019
    One of the best games I ever played, and for sure best game of From. Game mechanics are perfectly fit for me and I realy enjoy playing this game. The Mixture of difficult, rewarding system and stealth mechanics are my favorite in games, so this game couldnt've gone wrong. Although it has one disadvantage, its shorter than previous from games. I know its probably because this game was farOne of the best games I ever played, and for sure best game of From. Game mechanics are perfectly fit for me and I realy enjoy playing this game. The Mixture of difficult, rewarding system and stealth mechanics are my favorite in games, so this game couldnt've gone wrong. Although it has one disadvantage, its shorter than previous from games. I know its probably because this game was far too difficult for most of players, but for me it was just perfect. Expand
  53. Jul 20, 2019
    Incredible like other Fromsoftware games :
    Incredible like other Fromsoftware games :
    Gamplay is faster now in sekiro and story is good too but camera is bad in small location its the only sekiro proplem however enemys are not as good as the other Fromsoftware games . Sekiro is somthing else and you shouldnt look at this game like soulsborne series . From my idia sekiro was harder than bloodborn but not darksouls 3 . Sekiro is much abut combat system and skills and the amazing posture system and there is no vitality system .
    Just go and play this amazing game . And in the end : 1 ) bloodborne
    2 ) sekiro 3 )dark souls 3 My top 3 Fromsoftware games .
  54. Jun 15, 2019
    It’s a very good game but is it a very difficult it’s a challeng for hardcore gamer
  55. Jun 18, 2019
    Sekiro Shadows Die Twice is a great game, but it is not a Dark Souls or a Bloodborne, for some people this can be something good and for others, it can be something bad. I had some mixed feelings at times, but most of it was enjoyable. My main issue with this game is the exploration. It IS cool to use the grappling hook and to jump, but once you reach high and/or hidden areas there isSekiro Shadows Die Twice is a great game, but it is not a Dark Souls or a Bloodborne, for some people this can be something good and for others, it can be something bad. I had some mixed feelings at times, but most of it was enjoyable. My main issue with this game is the exploration. It IS cool to use the grappling hook and to jump, but once you reach high and/or hidden areas there is nothing really good there. At 90% of the time all you will find exploring the map is consumable items, the other 10% of the time you will find another Shinobi Prosthetic, even that is not that great. The only prosthetics that I had really used on my gameplay were the Firecraker, the Umbrella and the Axe, I didn't found a good reason to use the other ones most than a few times or just to test them. At the end of the day, Sekiro is a good game, but I can say to you that I am really happy that Elden Ring is going to be a full Soulsborne game and not a Sekiro like game. Expand
  56. Jun 28, 2019
    It is a brilliant and beautiful yet brutal game. It is my first FromSoft game and I was daunted but intrigued by the whole mythology surrounding these games. I have enjoyed it. It does force you to 'git gud' though and sometimes is like butting your head against a brick wall until you overcome the boss or exploit a weakness. The trademark difficulty will deter most but a cynic will seeIt is a brilliant and beautiful yet brutal game. It is my first FromSoft game and I was daunted but intrigued by the whole mythology surrounding these games. I have enjoyed it. It does force you to 'git gud' though and sometimes is like butting your head against a brick wall until you overcome the boss or exploit a weakness. The trademark difficulty will deter most but a cynic will see that it is to hide the fact that there is not a lot of game here. Grinding is VERY time consuming and an absolute necessity. Rules change with every passing enemy. You will be battered mercilessly and it will make the kill all the more satisfying when you finally get lucky. Its one for the hardcore masochist gamers. From a personal perspective it makes me miss Tenchu. Expand
  57. Aug 1, 2019
    One big adrenaline rush, full of intense battles, and beautiful scenery. For those looking into overcoming a challenge, this is definitely a title that shouldn't be ignored. Surely, it can be difficult, but not in the sense that it feels "unfair". The difficulty itself, lies in observation, as in figuring out how to properly approach the current situation that you're facing.
    Simply put;
    Simply put; this game is a pure blast from start to finish.
  58. Aug 20, 2019
    This was a master piece of a game, the Japanese art style and the overall combat of this game was phenomenal. I was never really into anime or anything but this game felt so anime.
  59. Apr 19, 2019
    Sekiro is a lazy game compared to its predecessors. I played Demons Souls, all the Dark Souls and Bloodbourne. Loved all of them though Bloodbourne less than the Dark Souls games. Sekiro is a dumbed down version of Dark Souls and Bloodbourne. No levels, no builds and one weapon.

The game is Bloodbourne's focus on aggression, only on steroids. If you prefer the aggression of Bloodbourne to the more defensive and tactical nature of Dark Souls, then you'll probably love Sekiro. If you prefer Dark Souls to Bloodbourne, this game will likely prove disappointing and annoying.

The Good:
    The music and sound are good. The sound effect of clanging swords is great. The voice acting is good. Some of the particle effects are good. Anytime something is on fire it looks great. Controls are mostly good with some exceptions. World design and connectivity are good, but not as good as past games. Framerate is good as are the animations.

The Bad:
    Everything is very samey. There are not the variety of bosses that the previous games had - the ones here are generally very similar. Encounters mostly come down to L1 parry if the posture bar builds fast, or run around and attack during the times they are open to attack if the posture bar builds slow. The prosthetic tools feel like they were added because the dev team realized how one dimensional the gameplay is. Most of them are gimmicky for one specific use, while only a few are useful in many situations. The prosthetics do very little damage, so they aren't a separate play style by any means. The overall game design is very inflexible (particularly compared to other From games). They expect the player to play within very narrow parameters. Its a weird situation because you'll know you exactly what you are meant to do, but you won't always be able to execute successfully for a variety of reasons. The gameplay is very twitch based and reflex sensitive. Some will like this, but it makes the game harder for older players whose reflexes are slowing.

The stealth feels clumsily implemented. It's as if the devs included stealth out of a sense of obligation due to this being a ninja game, but they didn't really want to take it very far. The only purpose stealth really serves is to make traversing the levels slightly less annoying and in knocking one life bar off of minibosses.

The worst sin of the game is that minibosses and bosses are repeated all of the time. You will fight the same samurai and ninja minibosses god knows how many times. You will fight repeats of most of the bosses, not just once but many times. You fight one boss five times. You fight a variant of another boss 4 times. The majority of the bosses and virtually all of the minibosses are copy/pasted later in the game. It's a cynical, lazy way to add content to the game and I can't believe people aren't mad about this.

Graphics, textures in particular, are poor to mediocre. This game has a lot of blurry textures to the point where it sometimes looks like a PS3 game. In general, the game lacks a sharpness in the graphics department. The camera in this game is atrocious, as is the lock-on system. Get near a wall and you'll lose lock and then have to relocate the enemy. This generally happens during minibosses and bosses. FromSoft seems to have designed a few encounters around these failures. One miniboss in particular is placed in a room so small that the camera and lock-on are constantly a problem. Very cynical game design.

The game is an exercise in tedium. Almost everything about the game is tedious. Enemy placement in levels is designed to be as annoying as possible. Many of the minibosses are surrounded by 5-10 trash enemies that have to be cleared before each attempt on the miniboss. Many of the bosses are not very engaging due to the one dimensional emphasis on parrying. All of the bosses have multiple health bars. Then some have three, while other encounters have a 2 health bar boss and then a sidekick with a third health bar.

All FromSoft games are difficult, but this one lacks the pressure release valves that the previous entries had in the form of coop and leveling. Increasing attributes occurs via beating bosses, so there is no way to powerlevel if a boss proves difficult. There is no coop to help with bosses you're stuck on. Some will view this as a positive, but it greatly restricts the accessibility of the game to the non-hardcore gamer.

Previous FromSoft games drove me crazy, but I felt a huge sense of accomplishment when I beat a boss. In this game, the bosses drove me crazy, but there was very little sense of accomplishment upon beating one. I mostly felt relief at moving on to something else, almost like I finished a chore. I am extremely disappointed with this offering. It is not up to From's lofty standard.

1. May 15, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an enjoyable, yet deeply challenging game. It's not really a Dark Souls with samurais game, but whether or not you enjoyed the difficulty level of the battles in Dark Souls will be a good benchmark in gauging how much you'll like Sekiro. If you're persistent, up for a challenge, and don't become frustrated easily, then Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an easy game to recommend.
  2. Apr 28, 2019
    Though Sekiro feels impossibly hard at times, the level of euphoria you experience when delivering a death blow to a tricky boss or when you finally clear a castle grounds of all enemies is almost unparalleled.
  3. Apr 27, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice succeeds in its incredibly visceral combat and stealth all while being set in an engaging game world. However, its linear character growth options and repetitive combat begin to dull the experience after you get over the initial hump.