7.9

1. May 25, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. These are just a few tidbits I've noticed after playing nocturne hd for 3 hours:

The audio sounds like someone's downloaded and reuploaded the music about 15k times with certain tracks being even worse, and they couldn't be assed to remake the pre-rendered cutscenes, or even add stuff to the edges of the frame to make them correctly fit the entirety of the 16:9 aspect ratio that the rest of the game runs in, so you'll just get blurry side bars to be
    Keep the screen from becoming predominantly black. Ayy it's cute, the gameplay is functionally the same as the PlayStation 2 original, but at the end of the day this can only honestly be recommended for the truest if megami tender fans. This remaster lacks love and care and only send to serve as a stop gap between now and whenever smt5 releases

And as an added note I'm pl
  2. Jun 10, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game itself is a broken mess when I try to plyed it character models itself does not even appear in cutscenes Expand
  3. May 26, 2021
    Amazing game. One of best RPG ever made. Much better than Persona 3-5. Game its like Pokemon, but u collect demons. Great story, characters multiple endings and very unique dark atmosphere. Music from Shoji Meguro is a masterpiece. If u like Persona, and dont like social / dating sim elements the game is for you !!! And one more thing for new players - play on normal, use only MercifullAmazing game. One of best RPG ever made. Much better than Persona 3-5. Game its like Pokemon, but u collect demons. Great story, characters multiple endings and very unique dark atmosphere. Music from Shoji Meguro is a masterpiece. If u like Persona, and dont like social / dating sim elements the game is for you !!! And one more thing for new players - play on normal, use only Mercifull for grinding. Price in my opinion is not that bad for 200 hours game (0,25 $ per hour game), and u can always buy game cheaper or just wait for sale.

As for remaster, is not that bad like u think:

PROS:

+ amazing english and japanese Voice Acting (u can change dubb in any moment in game)
    + manual skill selection in Demon Fusion
    + new difficulty for casuals - Mercifull (u can change difficulty in game in any moment)
    + better graphic and model tekstures
    + no FPS drops in PS4 version
    + better UI
    + Featuring Raidou Kuzunoha from Devil Summoner Series
    + official localization Maniax Chronicle + version in West
    + magic build is buffed
    + new subbs translation for 6 languagues (German, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Korean)
    + suspend Save
    + better controls
    + removed Beast Eye spam in Mot :)

COINS:

- some battle tracks are still compressed
    - 3:4 cutscenes
    - no new content and higher difficulty for veterans
    - Dante in DLC (u must pay for license not ATLUS, that sucks)

OVERALL:

Game: 10/10
    Remaster: 8/10

Buy game if u want more ATLUS games on PC and modern consoles.

IGNORE REVIEW BOMBING FROM POOR BRASILIANS OR RUSSIANS WHO GAVE THE GAME LESS THAN 5/10.
  4. May 27, 2021
    Incredible! One of my favorite PS2 games and one of the best JRPG's of all time. Atlus never dissapoint us
  5. May 26, 2021
    Review Shin megami tensei hd good skills Hard demons fights demi-fiend very good.
  6. May 28, 2021
    Great game; its what I wanted. SMT Nocturne on PC. It works well; they didn't add a load of odd features or add parts to make the game really easy (Strange Journey Redux had some of them).

Nocturne on PC; great game that I can enjoy once again. Hopefully this will pave way for Digital Devil Saga and other SMT games to return.
  7. May 29, 2021
    Its more appropriate to say this is a hd port more then a full remake. The addition of voice acting is nice and alot of small tweaks to the battle system make it a much better experience. If you like dark, occult heavy atmosphere rpgs with a nice helping of masochism then this game for you.
  8. Jun 15, 2021
    I need to mention I’ve played Persona 2-5, both Persona Q games, and 4 different SMT games. This is the only Atlus game I wouldn’t recommend.

I wanted to love this game but it’s just too basic and outdated, including the writing. This is the first SMT or Persona game I’ve played where the story wasn’t great enough to make up for any flaws. It just doesn’t have that SMT/Persona magic. Even Persona 2 (which came out LAST CENTURY) has all the personality of Persona 5.

Even if you love another SMT or Persona game you played, I don’t recommend this, even at a discounted price. It’s just...so basic in every way. The dungeons are just blank hallways with nothing in them, the story (and added voiceovers) is painfully low effort.

It pains me to say it, but just don’t give time or money to this game. I regret it.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 33 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 11, 2021
    This game has such a rich history and I sincerely wish this remaster reaches people who appreciate it or who never had access to it before – after buying it on sale, of course.
  2. Jun 7, 2021
    The HD Remaster of Shin Migami Tensi III offers a lot of fun, probably paving the way for more games from the series to come to the new generation. That said, no matter how much we love revisiting this beautiful adventure, the pricing and the choice of content of this remaster is just outrageous.
  3. May 31, 2021
    In terms of storytelling still interesting, but mechanically this remake of the apocalyptic occult rpg feels outdated.