7.7

1. Nov 16, 2019
    The controls and gameplay animations are clunky and infuriating. Anything to do with traversal is horrendous - trying to grab vines, running on walls, grabbing ledges is not fluid and breaks the pace of the game. In some parts seems like the character just misses an obvious ledge or rope resulting in death and loss of health.

The meditation / health mechanic is irritating and also

The meditation / health mechanic is irritating and also breaks the pace of the game. I wish they had just stuck to a traditional health replenishment system. eg. just find or craft health 'stims' as you go around the game instead of revisiting meditation points which resets enemies, resulting in you having to re-kill them all.

You'll like this game more if you are into the animated Star Wars TV shows - the aliens, creatures and motion in this game feel cartoony and exaggerated to me. Understand the stylised approach from a technical perspective but feels too much.

A few design decisions are a bit out of place in my opinion - like having huge, portly aliens dressed in imperial guard uniforms with no shoes. But I guess if you are accustomed to things like the Clone Wars animated show you wont find this strange.

They've mixed in some Uncharted-esque tomb raiding levels but without the same fluid traversal as something like Uncharted 4 these segments are aggravating to play. You just want them to be over asap.

You spend most of your time fighting seriously overpowered fauna that appear from literally nowhere and get stuck in 'boss fights' with 'Tolkien' type creatures. I don't want to spend my time fighting Orcs and ogres in a SW game to be honest, I'd prefer more one-on-one / group lightsaber battles.

When you do get to fight a group of troopers, fighting multiple enemies can be a bit of a nightmare. You can only really focus on one at a time and that seems to leave you exposed to blaster fire from other troopers quite easily. Constantly evading and not being able to transition smoothly back into attack mode because there's either clunkiness in controls or animations.

Kind of disappointed overall but appreciate the effort to make a single player SW game. When you can figure out a rhythm and obtain more skills in the skill tree, the lightsaber gameplay gets better. I just wish they'd focused more on that overall and less on puzzles and alien fights.
  2. Nov 16, 2019
    Too much platforming without reason , movement is awkward and combat repetitive. Its a jump simulator with backtracking.

Good history and characters and thats about it. Dont buy it for the gameplay.
    EA set the bar so low after all the bad games that people are giving 10's for a below average game. Good job EA
  3. Apr 21, 2020
    Boring and glitchy platformer. Played for 3 hours and uninstalled. Completely fails at combat scenes.
  4. Dec 6, 2019
    Way overrated because of Star Wars fans. This was clearly a copy-cat of various other games but of course in an extremely bad quality. This was clearly a fast money grab by capitalizing on an established fandom, do not waste your money on trash like this.
  5. Nov 30, 2019
    The game isn't really bad, but it's not good either. There is just so much potential which is not used. The love is missing. Not enough details, ... It didn't really feel like a finished work.

+ The droid + nice levels ++ great soundtrack + The riddles are alright + they did a single player game without micro transactions - the story is absolutely linear and stupid. I didn't

+ The droid
    + nice levels
    ++ great soundtrack
    + The riddles are alright
    + they did a single player game without micro transactions

- the story is absolutely linear and stupid. I didn't really know what I was doing during the game
    - the characters are thin and nothing special
    - it wasn't really a star wars game to me. at one point you fight zombies... cmon
    -- the fighting doesn't feel real. Just repetitive and boring. why didn't the creators have a look at the force unleashed or god of war
    - the enemies are a pain in the a**
    - wall running simulator
  6. Dec 30, 2019
    A Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is doing its best to show big papa EA that Respawn Studios are eligible to create single player experiences without having tons of loot boxes and microtransactions - ultimately however, they fail in my opinion. With a story and gameplay beginning that starts off bombastic and interesting it quickly simmer’s down that as you’re getting familiar to the clunkyA Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is doing its best to show big papa EA that Respawn Studios are eligible to create single player experiences without having tons of loot boxes and microtransactions - ultimately however, they fail in my opinion. With a story and gameplay beginning that starts off bombastic and interesting it quickly simmer’s down that as you’re getting familiar to the clunky controls and uninspired speck of enemies. Every platform jump is shaky at best with plenty of instances where sudden loss of control of your character happens. Luckily enough you just get put back into place with a sliver of health lost and can get back into it quickly - just to try the goddamn ice-slide again to randomly sway away from the point you’re trying to get to... The combat and controls in battle are yet again clunky, unintuitive and sometimes down right stupid. You’ll be having multiple targets attacking you at once trying to parry something just to have the game completely disregard the parry command and depleting your stamina meter faster than you’ll see a hidden blaster shoot you in the back. It’s like Sekiro had a fat, westerner uncle that wanted to join in on the fun but didn’t take the time to learn anything before hand. Dodging is... Dodgy at times with a tiny side step or awkward roll that’s not fast enough to recover before most opponents starts whacking you with **** again. Force skills are weird and uses way too much of your meter for the usage coupled with annoying applications. If I were to slow most opponents in the game and try to move into a advantageous position behind the enemy they literally spin around with you in the same speed and sometimes in their attacking animation just slowing down the inevitable. Animations are janky and very unpolished, take the running animation that spazzes out constantly together with plenty of instances where it almost looked like I started T-posing because I got stuck in random terrain.

In all fairness it is a game, a game that tries its best with what it’s got. I’m just feeling that there either wasn’t enough time, budget or back up from EA to help make this the amazing title it could’ve been. A Star Wars hotpot dish with a few ingredients that just didn’t match the picture on the menu!
  7. Dec 20, 2019
    This game is a huge dissapointment on most levels. It's only challenge is that it's frustrating and tedious and not an actual challenge to a players skill at all. You never feel like a Jedi. Rubber bat lightsaber battles and stupid rats and spiders. Horrible sliding parts where you whack walls and fall missing ropes etc. Super safe and boring story per the Disney checklist as to not offendThis game is a huge dissapointment on most levels. It's only challenge is that it's frustrating and tedious and not an actual challenge to a players skill at all. You never feel like a Jedi. Rubber bat lightsaber battles and stupid rats and spiders. Horrible sliding parts where you whack walls and fall missing ropes etc. Super safe and boring story per the Disney checklist as to not offend any whacko group god forbid. Results in a dead story with characters you could care less about. Dodging and parry is so bad it's like a great souls game farted this stink bomb cash grab out. I don't understand how this is getting 10's that's insane. This game has no heart and soul at all. You make no light and dark choices and you backtrack for ponchos. PONCHOS! I should have expected this continuation of mediocrity from the newest movies and in that they did not dissapoint. Star Wars is truly dead and no amount of fake positive reviews will change that. The corporate EMPIRE won and still takes your money and clouds your judgement. Expand
  8. Jan 6, 2020
    The game looked great, it had good reviews, exciting trailers, and they said it had good gameplay.
    All of that is not true when you actually play the game. The story is boring, the characters are NOT onions, they have no layers. and the gameplay, oh god. movement is clunky, the controls are bad, and most parts of a planet are incredibly boring. This game is more uncharted than star wars, because 75% of the time you're doing puzzles or doing platforming sections. This game is a platformer, not an action adventure game. If you want a difficult yet fun experience, play sekiro or the soulsborne games, not this piece of garbage.

I was excited to see a new singleplayer star wars adventure, but it really disappoints.
  9. Dec 6, 2019
    This game just makes you muck around doing arbitrary tasks and has a really lame story line. Half the game is just a series of frustrating stupid puzzles, that involves you seeing what you can and can not climb. Half the time you die because something that looks climbable isn't, so you plunge to your death instead. I am so disappointed I am taking this game back in the hope they don't everThis game just makes you muck around doing arbitrary tasks and has a really lame story line. Half the game is just a series of frustrating stupid puzzles, that involves you seeing what you can and can not climb. Half the time you die because something that looks climbable isn't, so you plunge to your death instead. I am so disappointed I am taking this game back in the hope they don't ever make another one like it. Expand
  10. Jan 4, 2020
    Its just a recycle of Darksouls & Uncharted gameplay in a Star Wars reskin. All of that already seen before. I also experienced some framerate drops.
  11. Nov 24, 2019
    Jedi Fallen Order est une sorte de pot pourrie de tout ce qui se fait dans le JV d'actio/aventure de ces dernières années. Il s'appuie sur des graphismes et une ambiance sonore bien maîtrisées, une histoire canon qui plaira probablement aux fans, mais souffre de la comparaison avec les licences auxquelles il emprunte ses codes lorsque l'on évoque son Gameplay.

En plus de souffrir d'un

En plus de souffrir d'un syndrome bien connu du Triple A, c'est à dire un jeu techniquement pas fini, problèmes de collision très fréquents, physique douteuse(le perso ne semble jamais toucher le sol...), textures fades à ce rtains endroit et animations cassées(ça fait bcp pour un jeu vendu 70 euros). Pointons surtout de gros soucis de framerate sur console. Le jeu ne tenant pas les 30fps sur console clasique (!) et disposant d'un faux mode 60fps sur modèle pro (gageons que le 30fps soit au moins stable sur console pro.)

Pour ce qui est du gameplay, comme évoqué plus haut, le jeu est un mélange assez médiocre de Tomb Raider/Uncharted, avec des phases de plateformes pas franchement réussies, peu précises et assez répétitives. Phases qui seront couplées à des combats clairement inspirés de l'univers de From Software, et plus précisément de Sekiro et sa barre de posture. Pour ces derniers, encore une fois, le jeu propose une adaptation assez médiocre des jeux From Foftware, avec des combats imbuvables et ultra bordéliques dès qu'on dépasse 2 mob à gérer. Un personnage d'une lourdeur insupportable à déplacer, et des situations où l'on comprend clairement que Respawn ne maîtrise pas la virtuosité de la firme japonaise en terme de level design. Le plus pénible étant le disposition des mobs qui semble avoir été décidée de manière complètement anarchique.
    De plus, alors que les combats contre les humanoïde en versus peuvent s'avérer plaisants, la gestion du spacing et des parades contre la faune sauvage est encore une fois complètement ratée. Il est très difficile de lire les coups des bestioles sauvages dans le jeu, la gestion de l'espace est tellement catastrophique que combattre ces bestioles relève plus d'une punition que d'un moment de plaisir.

Reste le côté classe d'incarner un chevalier Jedi, de personaliser son sabre. Il faut tout de même saluer la tentative de Respawn de nous proposer un vrai RPG solo dans l'univers de Star Wars, de créer des situations divertissantes avec les pouvoirs de la force, mais le copie finale semble bien lacunaire.
    Si il fallait résumer; Jedi Fallen Order ressemble un peu à ce restaurant qui te proposerait une carte avec une centaine de plats mal préparés, au lieu de se concentrer sur une ou deux spécialités et de les réaliser avec brio.
  12. Jan 1, 2020
    Kind of astonished at how unprofessional it is. Rookie design flaws; performance issues; repetitive but somehow still confusing levels; pointless lightsabre upgrade system. Reddit is full of horror stories about it too so I know it's not just me having bad luck.

In summary a PS3 grade tomb raider knock off and worse still, incredibly boring and not even finished. Amazing that EA let them put it out like this.
  13. Jan 3, 2020
    It's star wars, so even if it is a souls clone with cringeworthy platforming, I guess it should get a 10/10? Not sure. But this game fails at what it tries to do very often -Too often in my opinion. The game gives you instructions on how to to play, but then breaks its own rules without warning. The battles are completely inconsistent, even when the same inputs are put in by the player.It's star wars, so even if it is a souls clone with cringeworthy platforming, I guess it should get a 10/10? Not sure. But this game fails at what it tries to do very often -Too often in my opinion. The game gives you instructions on how to to play, but then breaks its own rules without warning. The battles are completely inconsistent, even when the same inputs are put in by the player. The framerate on base ps4 is laughable at times, the entire game stopping to to load some sequences. There are just so many times more issues than a normal soulslike that it is impossible to list everything. The pacing of the bonfires is all over the place, the checkpoints completely random at times before bosses, a big no no in a soulslike. Give me checkpoints or dont! Dont tease me! This is such wasted potential. So many little things that should have been ironed out. The main thing is, this game is just not fun, and it should be. The whole time I'm just wondering how the game's inconsistency will kill me and piss me off. Expand
  14. Jan 3, 2020
    Not sure how this game has such a high review score. The controls are incredibly clunky and fighting is a laborious chore. When fighting multiple enemies it is almost impossible to not get hit due to the lengthy parry animation and much of the game is frustrating and tedious. Levels are unnecessarily long and convoluted to the point that finding your way back to the ship is a nightmare. INot sure how this game has such a high review score. The controls are incredibly clunky and fighting is a laborious chore. When fighting multiple enemies it is almost impossible to not get hit due to the lengthy parry animation and much of the game is frustrating and tedious. Levels are unnecessarily long and convoluted to the point that finding your way back to the ship is a nightmare. I think the worst thing about this game is the reload times, oh my god the reload times, after you die it takes about a minute to reload the game, bizarrely if you fall off a ledge the game reloads you instantly to the last safe ground but even if you are right next to a save point and die to an enemy yep go make a cup of tea because you have time to kill. In its defence the graphics are very good and the atmosphere within the game is great, lots of cosmetic items to kit yourself out with and it has a very "star wars" feel but this is not even close to enough to save this from being mediocre. Many people have likened this to dark souls in terms of fighting and feel, dont be misled this is a very poor imitation of a very poor game. Don't waste your money Expand
  15. Dec 10, 2019
    Such a disappointment... Maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember playing dark forces and jedi knight... Mechanics are crap, gameplay is crap, just crap... Meh. 4/10 because at least it's star wars.
  16. Dec 24, 2019
    Disappointment of the year.
    Disappointment of the year.
    While characters and plot are decent and gripping, it all falls down to atrocious controls and one of the worst game mechanics I've seen in my gaming years. The game doesn't register input from your controller half of the time so combat is basically always with a handicap. One wrong step while in combat (which happens 99% of the time), stagger animation triggers and before it plays out, enemies usually shoot/club you to death. Difficulty in this game is represented by throwing as many enemies at you as possible with a random rocket launcher wielding stormtrooper shooting at you from a distance to top it off. Every enemy is faster, their attacks reach further and they always block everything. Bosses are overpowered and boring AF.
    You play as the clunkiest jedi in the universe and it doesn't get any better even after 10 hours of gameplay. And the people who claim it's super easy even on the hardest difficulty either lie or they played it on story mode difficulty.

Graphics are ok.
  17. Dec 18, 2019
    I am shocked by the many good reviews of this game, especially from publications.

I started playing the game on the second to hardest difficulty and had to lower it after I made it to the end of the second planet. The game puts you in unwinnable situations and I would be ok with this to some point of the resspawn times were not horrendous (on PS4) and take upwards of a minute. Controls can be clunky and are sometimes unresponsive.

The negatives of the game:
    - Do you like snowboarding games with poor controls? Then you will like much of the beginning of this game as it has you sliding down areas repeatedly.
    - Characters are few and boring. I think the Nightsister was the only one that had a personality.
    - Story is weak and the parts that are supposed to enact some sort of emotion fall flat. Maybe this is Disney's influence. The ending is interesting but far too little to make up for the rest.
    - "Metroidvania" is not an excuse for a confusing layout.
    - As I said before the controls are clunky and sometimes unresponsive. They released a new patch for this but it has not improved.
    - Lack of attention to detail. For instance when underwater it completely skips an animation when you open a chest. This just shows you how little they cared to polish this game. Graphical bleed through happens constantly.

Positives:
    - The few boss fights exist are enjoyable.
    - Art design is good.
  18. Dec 9, 2019
    Seriously do not know where these good reviews are coming from! Can only imagine it's from die hard Star Wars fans and even then a 8 out 10 is laughable

Looks and sounds great but that's where it ends. Imagine Battlefront 1 turned open world then blended with original Prince Persia and Original Tomb Raider.... Edit! While E.A wants and leads you to believe this is open world. It's nothing but a over complicated A to B game. It actually should take you less than half time to complete but it forces you to run from B to A to leave the set mission
  19. Dec 29, 2019
    Horrible mechanics " BD STIM " doesn't stim and u die.. whoops or enemies get stuck on a ledge and u cannot reach them. *Unless u buy lb throw ability. The camera gets stuck around corners especially fighting against the AT-Ts at the jedi temple. Game crashes every other time i play the game ruining my progression
  20. Jan 6, 2020
    As a Star Wars story, I could live without it. Not bad but not great either.

As a videogame... let´s just say it´s not good (I´d like to say "terrible", but I understand this would infuriate some people). Replay factor = 0, combat sooooooo repetitive, and what I hate more than anything: the game asks for you to look for everything! You search for seeds, boxes, echoes even for paths.
    As a Star Wars story, I could live without it. Not bad but not great either.

Replay factor = 0, combat sooooooo repetitive, and what I hate more than anything: the game asks for you to look for everything! You search for seeds, boxes, echoes even for paths. Don´t be fooled by the promise to build your lightsaber on your own way like I was. This happesn on the last 20% of the game.

And finally: I´m sure the devs must believe in God, cause respawn time takes a whole reincarnation.
  21. Dec 2, 2019
    Jump doesn't work, evade doesn't work, block doesn't work. Attack, meh... Hugely disappointing in a retro is the past, move forward kind of way. The collision detection is akin to 80's games. This is the same for the average look of the game too. Loading times also feel retro, appalling in fact. Story ok though, but that's only because I am a huge star wars fan. Great if cheap, but not worth £50
  22. Nov 22, 2019
    It is a fantastic blend of Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, Batman Arkham made absolutely tedious by having Soulsborne-like respawning enemies. Nothing is more dull than fighting the same enemies again. Die even once and you're stuck fighting the same enemies in the same locations. That's just not fun. All they had to do was have a toggle to turn respawning off and on and it would have beenIt is a fantastic blend of Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, Batman Arkham made absolutely tedious by having Soulsborne-like respawning enemies. Nothing is more dull than fighting the same enemies again. Die even once and you're stuck fighting the same enemies in the same locations. That's just not fun. All they had to do was have a toggle to turn respawning off and on and it would have been game of the year instead of of a boring slog. I'd rather have a short fun game than a long repetitive one. I know they're called Respawn, but they don't have to take that literally. Maybe they'll learn for their next game. I'm glad I didn't buy it and just played a friend's copy. Expand
  23. Nov 19, 2019
    fire the map maker.game is like trying to find your car keys lost in the sofa
  24. Nov 19, 2019
    Negative -
    1. Too bad optimization, corridor shooter, which does not even have large locations.
    2. The price-55$ Ah too many for game, that can be pass for 10 hours. 3. Too monotonous locations, where you just run around with yourself, no settlements, cities, quests, even communication between the characters only plot. 4.The plot is ill-conceived, simple, incomprehensible, cheap.
    Negative -
    2. The price-55$ Ah too many for game, that can be pass for 10 hours.
    4.The plot is ill-conceived, simple, incomprehensible, cheap.

Plus -
    1.Naturally itself the universe star wars, references in the form of Obevan Kenobi, as on me transferred on 10/10.
    2. The animations, figthing, are wonderfully executed.
    3. Graphics-more than good.
    4. Customization of sword, BD-1, clothes, ship.
    5. Characters.
  25. Jan 2, 2020
    Star Wars! Remember in the movies where they mostly fought bugs, frogs, spiders, and snails?
    Yeah, me neither. It’s okay for a linear platform game but other than a lightsaber I’m not sure why they slapped Star Wars on it. You hardly ever see or fight the Empire, just critters most of the time. It should’ve been called Bug Fighting Simulatior.
    And to think they scrapped an open world SW
    And to think they scrapped an open world SW game for this.
  26. Nov 24, 2019
    I cant be the only one who thinks this is the most overhyped game of the year. The graphics on a ps4 pro are shameful, the AI is dumb, even more so if you get a random pause in the game because its loading; and the story...."oh yea, I remember I can already do that thing I'm on this planet for..." Control had better force powers, smarter ai and far better graphics. I guess I wasI cant be the only one who thinks this is the most overhyped game of the year. The graphics on a ps4 pro are shameful, the AI is dumb, even more so if you get a random pause in the game because its loading; and the story...."oh yea, I remember I can already do that thing I'm on this planet for..." Control had better force powers, smarter ai and far better graphics. I guess I was expecting a more polished game, with powers that did more than a game of freeze tag. Wait for sale. Expand
  27. Dec 14, 2019
    Very slow and boring with extremely long load times. Death is constant and heavily punished by the game. Absolutely do not waste your money here.
  28. Dec 1, 2019
    Talking about gameplay, it’s quite interesting, though fighting system is not complex enough. That’s just tomb rider in the world of Star Wars. While the storyline is completely awful. I understand that the community contains a lot of kids, but they could have made something better than just clished evil guy(girl as we are living in 2019), clished good guy and clished story. So the plot isTalking about gameplay, it’s quite interesting, though fighting system is not complex enough. That’s just tomb rider in the world of Star Wars. While the storyline is completely awful. I understand that the community contains a lot of kids, but they could have made something better than just clished evil guy(girl as we are living in 2019), clished good guy and clished story. So the plot is completely trashy and predictable. It is only recommended to be bought if you are a real fan of the Star Wars world, though some boomers could also find it disgusting. Expand
  29. Nov 20, 2019
    Hello everyone,

Let me start off by saying that I have put multiple hours into this game. I have achieved 100% completion at grandmaster difficulty and I have unlocked every achievement available on this game for the PS4 system. PSN: MiamiChampagne (In the event you want to verify achievement completion.) Before I begin my review I would like to thank the story creatives that
    Hello everyone,

PSN: MiamiChampagne (In the event you want to verify achievement completion.)

Before I begin my review I would like to thank the story creatives that thought of the storyline and I would also like to thank the artists that created such a beautiful experience for us. I feel that this story has been phenomenal and has far exceeded my expectations especially since it takes place between both episodes 3 and 4.

Unfortunately like every game the player spends most of the time playing and not soaking in the story, and for that this game is getting a 4/10 from me.

Bugs/Glitches:
    The amount of bugs and glitches that I have experienced while playing Star Wars has left me with a very sour taste. There have been times in game where my enemies are levitating in the air and I am unable to reach them, there have been times while exploring my character seemingly falls into the map and continues to fall until he dies. The frame rate and the speed in which this game operates is very upsetting and frustrating. I have experienced over 30 game crashes and close to 40 times which my game freezes for about 15 to 20 seconds mid swing of my light saber and then the game continues to work, this was very upsetting and frustrating. Playing on a grand master difficulty there is no reason why I as a player am able to cheese my way through the entire game. This game has had poor planning in regards to enemy location. While playing I have been able to prevent my enemies from crossing through a threshold/doorway, all I need to do is just strike them and go back through the doorway, rinse and repeat and I win. There's no reason for any game in 2019 should be released like this to the public in this condition. It's not new news that EA has had a very bad reputation in regards to creating any Star Wars affiliated titles. This was EA's last opportunity to redeem themselves and they failed. It pains me to write this because the story and the details on creatures and enemies and just where it fits in the timeline was so well planned that I as a Star Wars fan greatly appreciate it, but the mechanics in the gameplay which I have to experience majority of the time has ruin this experience.

Game Price:

EA has done it again. Every time that any game releases under this organization they somehow, someway scheme a plan to make the most out of the consumer instead of providing them great content and great quality for the money. I paid $76 for the deluxe edition of the game, what did I get? I received a garbage skin for BD-1 and another garbage skin for the Mantis. It's fine and I understand why the game is worth $60, majority of games that are now released fall within that price range especially when we were speaking about a game that is affiliated with Star Wars. But that does not justify the bundle that we as consumers are receiving from you the game creators and game developers. This game does not feel like $60, it's unfortunate that I am such a Star Wars fan and I fell for this trap. My advice for those reading this is to save your money and wait for it to be released as a free game on PlayStation or rent it out at Redbox or get the game on Game Fly.

Summary:
    If you like Star Wars and are only interested in knowing the story, please look up a compilation video on YouTube of just cut scenes. Don't waste your money on a game in this condition, if you do want to play this game please wait 2 to 3 months so that updates can be worked on because in its current condition you were going to be very upset and unhappy with your decision.

I tried to leave a very detailed review, this is my first review that I've ever done. I hope that someone takes what I said into consideration and help someone making the right decision and I look forward to hearing from anyone's feedback regarding my review.

Thank you.
  30. Jan 2, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was boring and predictable, pointless collectables that give you little to no extra content. Lightsaber upgrades are cosmetic only. Some parts were just a buggy mess and the story is one long fetch quest that us ultimately very unsatisfying. Play KOTOR 1 and 2 if you want good star wars games. Expand
  31. Dec 26, 2019
    A mix of Tarzan and icecapades. I get swinging from an occasional vine in a game but they over use this to death. Also the sliding forces mechanics are irrelevant and overly clunky controls makes it crappy.
  32. soz
    Nov 16, 2019
    They finally made a decent star wars game, the dificulty isn't boringly easy nor is it frustratingly dificult it is perfect in that aspect. The level of customisation if fun and interesting if you are interessted in customising your character and skills (which I am sure you are). It is decently well balanced and the story is decently well written. The graphics is among the best I haveThey finally made a decent star wars game, the dificulty isn't boringly easy nor is it frustratingly dificult it is perfect in that aspect. The level of customisation if fun and interesting if you are interessted in customising your character and skills (which I am sure you are). It is decently well balanced and the story is decently well written. The graphics is among the best I have really seen recently perhaps it is because it allows you take notice of it but nervetheless it is still amazing. The movement of the player is brilliant, (which is unsurprising considering it is made by respawn the creators of titanfall 2, the game in my opinion had the best player movement.) The one problem I have noticed so far is that it if you want to change the key bindings to a mouse key it doesn't always work and it takes a few attempts in order to get it to respond to the mouse, that doesn't effect the gameplay it is only in the keybinding settings which is odd but it doesn't ruin the game and you can change it to the mouse key if you try hard enough. Overall nothing about this game is perfect but everything about this game is nearly perfect. Expand
  33. Nov 27, 2019
    Дешёвая поделка на Dark Soul,sSekiro: Shadows Die Twice, только вселенная звёздных войн, и спрашивается зачем!?
  34. Nov 28, 2019
    Best starwars game for the past 10 years but mediocre game.
    Controls are from another century (action by clicking on R3 ? seriously ? ).
    Animations are cheap.
    Braindead plateforming with no reason,.
    This game copy all successfull games in the past years (tombraider, uncharted, darksouls) without inspiration.
    Level design is awfull.
  35. Dec 4, 2019
    Моё мнение, может отличается от вашего, онo субъективное.
    +Сюжет
    +Атмосфера

-Боевка
    -Мыло
    -Отсутствие РПГ составляющей
    -Немой напарник
    -Головоломки
  36. Dec 16, 2019
    souls like repetitive piece of **** with clunky animation and control. not recommend to play.
  37. Nov 28, 2019
    I´m really dissapointed by this game. My feeling is that the game is half-finished in every way. Combat system, monsters, level-design etc... Could be a great game if they invested a little bit more in it!
  38. Dec 3, 2019
    Very boring platform game. Graphic is very nice. Gameplay - repetitive. Difficulty - casual. But the most annoying and rejecting element is platforming. My god - this is Super Mario Star Wars rather then jedi game. It's dissapointing.
  39. Dec 17, 2019
    Space for improvement regarding graphics...
    Lots of bugs, vintage gameplay, sometimes an unpredictable moveset by the enemies...
    Nice wall run
  40. Dec 6, 2019
    If this was a game that didn't have star wars in the title you wouldn't touch it. It's a glitchy buggy mess and beware some trophies are bugged and won't pop, very disappointing.
  41. Nov 29, 2019
    Disgusting, absolutely not responsible control, with the lots of useless buttons.
  42. Nov 24, 2019
    BE WARNED, IF YOU ENJOY TOMB RAIDER STYLE GAMES EVEN WHEN IT MAKES NO SENSE IN THIS CASE, THIS MAY BE THE GAME FOR YOU.A horrible game. You are forced to do stupid tomb raider style maps that make zero sense. There are places that you can just climb an extra 3 feet, but instead you have to spend an hour going around while finding dumb ponchos. There are also doors your lightsaber cant cutBE WARNED, IF YOU ENJOY TOMB RAIDER STYLE GAMES EVEN WHEN IT MAKES NO SENSE IN THIS CASE, THIS MAY BE THE GAME FOR YOU.A horrible game. You are forced to do stupid tomb raider style maps that make zero sense. There are places that you can just climb an extra 3 feet, but instead you have to spend an hour going around while finding dumb ponchos. There are also doors your lightsaber cant cut through causing you to go around again, I also couldnt cut wood, yet. The guy remembers powers conveniently which unlocks more areas. Yes its a game, but the gameplay style makes no sense with you controlling someone thats a jedi with a lightsaber. This game is better suited for a scavenger or someone else not force sensitive. The main story also makes no sense sense since the list of force sensitive kids were already known at coruscant. Expand
  43. Nov 28, 2019
    This game, was programmed by 5 yearold amputees with lacerations on their eyes. Their parents neglected them and they decided to pursue an early career in game development, but that in fact made their parents hate them even more, creating a destitute existence for the lil chodes at Respawn "Entertainment". This game should be given a Nobel prize for its ability to make anyone who plays itThis game, was programmed by 5 yearold amputees with lacerations on their eyes. Their parents neglected them and they decided to pursue an early career in game development, but that in fact made their parents hate them even more, creating a destitute existence for the lil chodes at Respawn "Entertainment". This game should be given a Nobel prize for its ability to make anyone who plays it want to hug whatever depressed son of a **** prick executive that green lit this hunk of cum for consumers to consume based upon his bosses boomer advice. Expand
  44. Dec 1, 2019
    WORST......JEDI......EVER.....besides the many glitches in the game you start off and end off as the worst jedi ever a stormtrooper could have pulled off everything you did and not had as much trouble i would say awesome story but....eh again stormtrooper could have done all of it easier.they made a game whwre everthing is lightsaber resistance and jedi powers suck li.....like wtf howWORST......JEDI......EVER.....besides the many glitches in the game you start off and end off as the worst jedi ever a stormtrooper could have pulled off everything you did and not had as much trouble i would say awesome story but....eh again stormtrooper could have done all of it easier.they made a game whwre everthing is lightsaber resistance and jedi powers suck li.....like wtf how Disney really needs to stop **** on this Expand
  45. Dec 3, 2019
    Тупое говно тупого говна, сплошной паркур и смесь секиро
  46. Dec 7, 2019
    Jedi: Fallen Order is a boring, by the book, lowest effort, soulless, cash grab of a game. It's like a boring, story devoid version of uncharted meets a bare-bones, buggy dark souls. Your motivation for doing something is "hey go here" and your reward is "good job, now do this." It's the touchstone example of a AAA game that didn't even bother to try. The characters are uninteresting, theJedi: Fallen Order is a boring, by the book, lowest effort, soulless, cash grab of a game. It's like a boring, story devoid version of uncharted meets a bare-bones, buggy dark souls. Your motivation for doing something is "hey go here" and your reward is "good job, now do this." It's the touchstone example of a AAA game that didn't even bother to try. The characters are uninteresting, the world is dull and lifeless, and the plot is incredibly thin. I was absolutely bored out of my mind playing this, and only managed to finish it because I had nothing better to do with my weekend. Expand
  47. Dec 16, 2019
    not good that I didn't finish the game when I die in the game mission restarts and sometimes it is very boring
  48. Dec 20, 2019
    As star wars fan since my young age, I was maybe expecting this one to be better than what we had this past decade... And I feel sad about this one. I don't enjoy soul's like games, and the gameplay try too hard to be different like uncharted 4, and it doesn't work. I felt no emotions and the cinematics are sooooo bad, the clothes moves like crazy and it takes me a lot of time, if notAs star wars fan since my young age, I was maybe expecting this one to be better than what we had this past decade... And I feel sad about this one. I don't enjoy soul's like games, and the gameplay try too hard to be different like uncharted 4, and it doesn't work. I felt no emotions and the cinematics are sooooo bad, the clothes moves like crazy and it takes me a lot of time, if not everytimes of those moments. Expand
  49. Jan 9, 2020
    I bought this games just because people was comparing it with dark soulsbloodborne played ~1 hour and delete it and sale it on ebay same day - really glad it's so POPular haha:)

graphicgameplaycontrols - all garbage! yes it's star wars and sooooo popular in US. buy only if you funboy.
  50. Mar 18, 2020
    One of the best star wars games so far. I loved it with all my heart. It's just great. Too bad it's so short. Cannot wait for the sequel.
  51. Nov 21, 2019
    This game is not "Dark Souls-like". It's a vanilla adventure game with watered down features.
  52. Dec 1, 2019
    I like the game, but developers need to understand and create their own gameplay..The gameplay is exact copy of seriko and Uncharted series...
  53. Dec 21, 2019
    This game is so boring and painfully generic. I honestly think the high scores are from people who didn't even play the game. There is nearly no combat and nothing but annoying puzzles with dumber resolutions than last years Tomb Raider. This game sucks.
  54. Nov 20, 2019
    I thought it was going to be better. Just everything about the game is a bit bland and boring. Visually its pretty average as well. The characters aren't that memorizing and the story isn't all that great either. The maps are linear and the game play mechanics are just copycats off uncharted and tomb raider. Doesn't really feel like a star wars game that is for sure. Feels somewhat rushed.I thought it was going to be better. Just everything about the game is a bit bland and boring. Visually its pretty average as well. The characters aren't that memorizing and the story isn't all that great either. The maps are linear and the game play mechanics are just copycats off uncharted and tomb raider. Doesn't really feel like a star wars game that is for sure. Feels somewhat rushed. The biggest thing going for the game is probably the combat system with the light saber strikes being mostly satisfying although the light saber sounds could do with some more work. I am dying for a game like starwars battle front 2 (2005). A proper starwars rpg set in the fallen order time frame would be ideal, like say cyberpunk 2077 but starwars if you get what i mean, how cool would that be! Anyway i might stick with death stranding for now and play this on the side. Hopefully there will be a full fledged starwars rpg one day because that would be exciting! Imagine being able to play as darth vader in the time where he was eliminating jedi when order 66 was executed. I can only dream i suppose. Expand
  55. Nov 23, 2019
    I did not care for it. It is quite dull overall. I don't quite get all these positive reviews. Most of the game is stuffing.

The game boils down to you being able to hit a button to block / parry at the right time, redoing levels to artificially extend the game length to go to areas you couldn't to get a different color poncho or something that literally has no impact other than being a cosmetic change.

Would it really have been so hard to have some of the gear give bonus' like +5 attack, +5 HP for the effort of getting the crates?

Weakest / limited Jedi / Padawan ever. Want to jump up to a ledge just above you - half the time you can and half you cannot. I'm talking like a few feet and you can't do it.

Rewards are laughable - spend time to get to a hard crate just to get a cosmetic change like a poncho. The only true gear upgrade is the double bladed lightsaber operates slightly differently for large numbers of enemies apparently.

Most Jedi powers are blah. If you want to play a game to experience being a Jedi - this isn't it.

His special ability is some ability to glimpse a past event. So you will find these blue shimmering things to connect with it and hear " this person died here" or "there was a fight here". Seriously - lmfao?

The purpose of these is to gain experience so you can get upgraded force powers that are so so at best.

They make part of levels inaccessible so you have to do them over to get to some crate that was inaccessible earlier in the game just to get "a new paint job for the Mantis - your ship". An over used method for games to make it seem like there is more content than there actually is.

Not very open world - very strict / limited to the path you will be taking. I kept thinking of Galaxy Quest when Sigorney Weaver would say "what is the purpose of this stuff in a ship when there were flames and chompers - the writers need to be shot" - the level design is set for plat former but that just really pushes the player away from the immersion as it's just too out there to be realistic on how you have to advance. Stormtrooper losses having to jump and skip around their base must have been enormous.

That's the game when you cut through all the hype and bs reviews.
  56. Nov 22, 2019
    This game is just stupid. Stupid gameplay, stupid combat, stupid parkour. Even Surge 1/2 was much better than this. When I first saw SW Jedi Fallen Order, I hope it would be more like soulsborn. But this game has nothing to do with dark souls. Combat is feeling so slow and boring. This game try to look like sekiro, but combat is much less responsive than Sekiro. If you think parry was badThis game is just stupid. Stupid gameplay, stupid combat, stupid parkour. Even Surge 1/2 was much better than this. When I first saw SW Jedi Fallen Order, I hope it would be more like soulsborn. But this game has nothing to do with dark souls. Combat is feeling so slow and boring. This game try to look like sekiro, but combat is much less responsive than Sekiro. If you think parry was bad on sekiro, here it is much worse. It is not harder, it is just not that responsive. Hit boxes of enemies are absolute magic. Dodging and rolling are bad too. This game is not interesting neither on hard, nor on easy. Enemies are just stupid rats half of the time, which somehow are stronger the jedi and quicker than jedi. Parkour is the worst part of the game. 1) Puzzles in game are boring and not needed. They are worst than tomb raider. 2) Parkour is just bugged. You often see some place where you should do some jump... and this jump sometimes happen from 10th-20th times. And not because you can't do it, but just because it is stupid and buggy and your hero is not catching everytime when he should. Or maybe because noone tested them more than once. Story is boring. Graphic is not bad, but nothing impressive. PS4 loading time are enormous. Better play it on easy, cos every death is 2-3 mins of loading time, anyway nothing interesting is there except trying to parry bugged hits from mele. Zones are extremely boring and empty. They are looking the same way as Dragon Age Inquisition. If you liked Inquisition, than you will like this game too. Loot in this game... it just doesn't exist. Everything you find are skins for various stupid things in the game. The only noticable is color of the droid and color of the lightsabber. Absolutely no other items exist.

I can't understand what is happening with EA single games. Why they are doing them at all if they have no clue what to do. Both Bioware and Respawn are doing some mediocre single player games. Than EA are saying that games as a service are more profitable. Of course... no one want to play such junks. Ubisoft are doing boring game too, repetitive sometimes, but at least gameplay is fine in their games and somehow games are completed and not looking as stupid demo. I don't want to blame that EA is the reason for stupid single player games, but somehow this is happening again and again and again...

PS I would advice no one to buy this game at least if it is not on sales. How it have that high score, I don't know. I don't want to say that people don't have rights for their own opinion, but if someone is saying that customizing skin of your lightsaber is interesting and give to game 10 out of 10, better don't believe. Except if you think that changing skin of lightsaber is the most interesting gameplay in 2019. I have some feeling that all 10s reviews are payed, because most of them are just pure lie, neither bugs are fixed, nor nothing. Vote with your wallet or at least than come and write review after you buy this game, because of someone who advice it to you.
  57. Nov 24, 2019
    **** combat system!
    Loading time is hell
    All the goog reviews are due to fanboys
  58. Nov 25, 2019
    Star Wars: Identify Crisis This game while okay in some areas like combat, suffers from a severe identity crisis on whether it would be an uncharted game or a Metroid game or a Souls game. Maybe it could be all three and do it well, but poor performance, bugs diminish the user experience. The game switches from combat and then forces you to go exploring and running and jumping so often myStar Wars: Identify Crisis This game while okay in some areas like combat, suffers from a severe identity crisis on whether it would be an uncharted game or a Metroid game or a Souls game. Maybe it could be all three and do it well, but poor performance, bugs diminish the user experience. The game switches from combat and then forces you to go exploring and running and jumping so often my head spins. It can’t seem to figure out what kind of game it wants to be. One moment you’re enjoying the excellent combat and the next moment you’re trying to figure how a Stormtrooper with a rocket launcher got on your an impossible ledge that is relentlessly blasting you with endless rockets while you try and find out where the ledge is so you can climb and jump around. I found myself spending way too much time climbing than in combat. Sitting too long in a temple trying to figure out where the ball goes than in combat. No fast travel also pads the play time needlessly. If this truly is the best Star Wars game in 10 years, my advice is to keep waiting. Expand
  59. mda
    Nov 22, 2019
    pro: great graphics
    pro: great graphics
    cons: controls are terrible, I thought it is star wars but mostly you fight bugs and animals, map is horrible and difficult to use accurately, respawn points with no save option, if you fall then you're restarted where you were, if you die then it gets you back from the last point, gameplay has around 20 to 30 hours if you get lost around, liniar game, disney and ea this time had a teenager target audience.

overall: disapointed, I was after this game on pre-order, then decided to go with death stranding instead, best decision ever.
  60. Nov 15, 2019
    I waited, believed, and ended up disappointed. The plot, as always, is "Disney". 60% cliche, 30% repetitions of the old, 10% rubbish. Level design is satisfactory. The graphics are acceptable.
  61. Jan 1, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is tedious much too overrated and exhausting to play... I will tell you why: Firstly, the storytelling and cutscenes etc. is really nice, it reminds me of typical star wars games the atmosphere is ok etc... BUT: at least with mouse and keyboard its about unplayable.. first there are only decent savepoints, and you have only small amounts of stim packs (healing), every time you fail you have to restart from 15 minutes ago, secondly, the movings and animations are annoying, sometimes, your jedi character moves as lazy as a 20ton truck, I don't know why, but some movements when pressing evade or parrying are just not recognised or coming too late. Its just so frustrating. Then, there is unnecessarey respawn of enemies each time you take a rest. Then, the game just does not tell you anything about game mechanics... once I came to a savepoint and I thought there is autosave, nobody told me I had to interact with the save point (aka mediation point) to save the game at this point! I thought it was not necessary coz I had enough health, but the next time I died, I started at the first savepoint at the beginning of the game earlier... its just soo annoying. You really see that people at lucasarts obviously had no intensions to fine-tune this game and test it till the end. You sometimes get the impression you are a stupid betatester. Imho, wait for the next 3 patches and don't waste your time on this frustrating piece of shi* Expand
  62. Nov 19, 2019
    First of all, thank god for Redbox, otherwise I would have wasted 60 bucks on this game. Here's my breakdown:

Gameplay: 4/10 The controls feel a bit awkward, and you can't adjust the controller sensitivity. Also, when the character moves through the environment, it feels like he's programmed to essentially be a straight line perpendicular to the ground, and when you turn, it just

Gameplay: 4/10
    The controls feel a bit awkward, and you can't adjust the controller sensitivity. Also, when the character moves through the environment, it feels like he's programmed to essentially be a straight line perpendicular to the ground, and when you turn, it just changes the angle of the line. It makes for an odd experience and it always feels like you're anchored to the ground and slave to some strange set of non-newtonian physics. The combat is alright, the respawns are painful.

Presentation: 3/10
    You'll notice right out of the gate that the graphics for characters are noticably worse than the environments/effects, particularly when it comes to facial animations. It looks like they hired all the animators from Mass Effect Andromeda. Faces look low resolution and lifeless on most humans, although the alien characters seemed to look much better. The only reason the Empire soldiers look good is because they're wearing helmets. Also, this is a light saber combat game that doesn't include full limb dismemberment, which is pretty weak. Textures in general seem to be hit an miss, but many of them look like they are from the ps3 era.

Story 2/10
    So for a single player game with so much source material to work from, the writing/dialog/story for this game is a steaming turd sandwich. You start off as a scrapper working with your buddy on crashed imperial ships from a recent conflict, oh but you're also a padawan, which you may or may not have been aware of, and your friend may or may not have been your jedi master, but it doesn't matter because he dies about 40 minutes into the game right as your starting to like him. Then theres a sith lord who couldn't tell you were a Jedi at first, despite their entire reason for being involved in the story is to find/hunt jedi's. So you run from this sith lord and while walking on top of some super futuristic monorail made out of metal grates, a ship flies up next to you, a bug eyed black lady opens the landing ramps, says she's your friend and she'll help, then that ship flies off. You reach the predictable end of the train level just in time to have that ship come and save you from certain doom. At this point bug eyed black lady basically reads you the cliff notes for the first several chapters of the games story. She's a rebel leader, and you know each other or at least she knows you, although its not explained why you would be working as a scrapper when you have contacts in the rebel alliance and you're actively being hunted. A talented writer would have written multiple nuanced interactions and dialogues that could have slowly brought you up to speed while letting you identify with, and become attached to these new characters. A talented writer was nowhere near this project. In about 5 minutes of exposition, Cera, the rebel lady basically just dumps out all the bullet points of who you are and why your here, and she does so in a way that's pretty painful. It looks like the same approach to the scripts for recent star wars movies was utilized for this game, which means dialogue is painfully simplistic and lacking any nuance or subtlety. It was written so that it translates easily to chinese and languages from other countries where Disney is trying to establish the franchise, and as a result, it has the quality of a script written by 5 year olds.

The 'professional' reviews for this game are full of **** This game, at best, is a 6/10 in its current state, and thats being pretty generous
  63. Nov 19, 2019
    THE GOOD:
    Excellent story, hard not to care about the characters with such a well done story. Great graphics and cinematic sequences, pretty good combat.
    The BAD: Not enough role playing aspects. For example no stats, just skills, no equipment to change stats, all changes to light-saber are purely cosmetic, so are poncho and equipment changes. I would have liked a more traditional RPG
    THE GOOD:

The BAD:
    Not enough role playing aspects. For example no stats, just skills, no equipment to change stats, all changes to light-saber are purely cosmetic, so are poncho and equipment changes. I would have liked a more traditional RPG with stats and equipment that can grant you stat and skill bonuses.
    No replay-ability, once you are done there really are no other paths (character archetypes) to try.
    IT almost reminded me more of a tomb raider type game than what I expected, I was expecting more of a KOTOR game...
  64. Nov 18, 2019
    So I do not recommend this game to anyone wanting to purchase it stand-alone, get it on origin access.

Pros: - Combat is fun and engaging - Graphics are great - Interesting story Cons: - One of the worse map mechanics I have ever witness in a video game. There are shortcuts you can unlock, but in many cases, if you missed something, get ready to spend 30 minutes backtracking

Pros:
    - Combat is fun and engaging
    - Graphics are great
    - Interesting story

Cons:
    - One of the worse map mechanics I have ever witness in a video game. There are shortcuts you can unlock, but in many cases, if you missed something, get ready to spend 30 minutes backtracking anyway because many of the shortcuts are only one-way.
    - Player skill progression. Oof this is one of the worse systems I have ever seen. Mulitple times you are going to run into situations where the game doesn't unlock all the skills so you spend your points only to find a little bit further along than you wasted a ton of skill points on skills you really didn't need.
  65. Nov 19, 2019
    Gameplay is poor and repetitive. The combat system is absolute trash.
    Enemies are strong as in Dark Souls.
    Save game is out of date. (Bonfire style included)
    Good graphics but the story is simple, nothing special.

2/10 waste of time
  66. Nov 22, 2019
    On balance, the game is highly derivative and spends more time trying to channel the spirit of Tomb Raider and Dark Souls than it does evoking the spirit of the Star Wars universe. It fails at almost everything that KOTOR succeeded at leaving players feeling like they were trampled by a brand stamp rather than given a chance to participate in a fictional world.
  67. Dec 8, 2019
    ça manque de qualité , les visages ressemble plus a des playmobiles , l'animation du perso est minable , la carte est brouillon , vraiment moyen
  68. Jan 15, 2020
    Annoying. Combat is difficult and camera doesn't seem to stay with targets. Controls are awkward and wayfinding is bad. Map is difficult to read and offers no assistance in finding directions.
  69. Nov 18, 2019
    Sure, the game is pretty, and the story seems decent, but I can't subject myself to this torture anymore. The combat system in this game is absolute trash. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all about a game that is not only difficult, but provides me with a challenge to where I actually feel myself getting better the more I play, but this game does not provide such an experience. The combat inSure, the game is pretty, and the story seems decent, but I can't subject myself to this torture anymore. The combat system in this game is absolute trash. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all about a game that is not only difficult, but provides me with a challenge to where I actually feel myself getting better the more I play, but this game does not provide such an experience. The combat in this game is awful, and the odd thing about it, is that this is an intentional game design. They literally made the combat terrible on purpose. Dodging does absolutely nothing. Why add a dodge feature when you still get hit no matter what? Taking on multiple enemies is just atrocious to experience. Why? Not because the game is a challenge and I should just "get gud", but because the combat was clearly designed for one-on-one encounters. The field of view provides no vision of anything around you, so when an enemy leaps at you and goes behind you, they can immediately recover and hit you in the back, without you even having time to dodge in a certain direction to avoid this happening. And of course, as I said before, even if you do dodge to make sure you don't get hit in the back, it will still happen. The target lock system is an absolute joke. Targeting enemies is useless because the game will randomly unlock from targets during combat, so when you finally find that open moment where you can strike your enemy, you'll just miss because the target-lock disengaged. And when enemies slightly exit your field of view, the target-lock will just disengage again. This makes combat an absolute absurdity. The fact that I have to lock onto targets to even swing in the correct direction, the fact that when I dodge I still get hit (no matter the direction of my dodge nor the magnitude), the fact that the game just randomly decides to disengage combat while I'm being attacked, the fact that the game pits you against multiple enemies when the combat clearly wasn't designed for such encounters brings me to believe that this game just doesn't deserve a high rating. I haven't even mentioned the navigation. Jumping from platform to platform is an absolute chore, not only because you'll be pressing the jump button every two seconds, but because the character misses the platforms, ropes, edges, rails, etc. constantly, no matter what you do. This is because the camera is extremely inconveniently oriented and also because the jump distance is just barely enough to get you to most of the objects you'll be climbing onto. The game also gets a bad score from me because it doesn't even do a good job of explaining the combat system or the navigation system. It just expects you to figure it out, which, for a Star Wars game where you're literally playing as a Jedi that's already been trained, you'd think it would at least give you a good idea of what to do, but it provides no such service. I can't tell you how many times I had to go through the settings and look at the controls just to figure out what in the world was even happening with my controller. The controls make no sense and are completely different from any other game in this genre and the fact that it pits you against enemies that you haven't even learned the skill yet to take them on properly is just atrocious. I don't expect hand-holding, but I at least expect the game to make sense. You're a properly trained Jedi and you can't even use Force Push at the beginning. Apparently you can freeze objects and enemies, and sense the memories of objects by touching them, but you can't Force Push. Makes absolutely zero sense. If you want my advice, don't get this game, it's just not worth it. If you want the story, watch someone stream it or watch gameplay, but just don't give this developer your money, because this game could have been designed better by a five year old. Expand
  70. Nov 20, 2019
    Tomb Raider clone. Boring and empty of any Role playing gameing experience you might have expected.
  71. Nov 15, 2019
    Дешёвая пародия на Sekiro от жадных еашников. В очередной раз жадность фраера згубила.
  72. Nov 15, 2019
    Didn’t like it at all I gave 2 just because I love single player games but this one is not that much
  73. Nov 20, 2019
    I am about 6 hours into the game and my little Droid buddy has disappeared. Without him I can progress the story. This game doesn't have a traditional save system so my only option is to restart completely. this game is so medicore I can't bring myself the replay the first 6 hours over again. If my game hadn't glitched u would probably give it a 5.
  74. Nov 15, 2019
    It has soul style battles but falls short to sekiro. it has map puzzles but falls short to tomb raider. The story is linear with no choice for anything. There are hidden loot boxes but only gives you skins and custom paints.

If you are a star wars fan you may like this game. But if you are not, all you will get is mix of tiny pieces from various games.
  75. Nov 17, 2019
    I mean why? We've come such a long way in game design. We have so many new interesting game mechanics that to give us what amounts to as a Prince of Persia with Lightsabers game it's just unnecessarily insulting. EA must seriously have a game design catalog/manual. If making a Star Wars game, go to pg 55 and follow instructions. Please add far too many instances where the character willI mean why? We've come such a long way in game design. We have so many new interesting game mechanics that to give us what amounts to as a Prince of Persia with Lightsabers game it's just unnecessarily insulting. EA must seriously have a game design catalog/manual. If making a Star Wars game, go to pg 55 and follow instructions. Please add far too many instances where the character will have to slide down on ice and jump just in time to grab a poorly designed rope...Check. (Please make it sure doesn't work at least a few times and on most obstacles even if timed correctly). Next, identify ledges on which character can jump onto by making it look like it's slathered in bird sh*t...Check."

Point is it's formulaic in the worst way. It's Soooo overdone and droll at times and chalk full of infuriatingly unnecessary obstacles or "puzzles". As many have already mention in their reviews, it makes the most fake and insulting facade of choice in where to explore first. "Here are some planets you can choose from but unless you choose the linear path, you won't be able to progress because you don't have the powers yet to bypass huge glowing red obstacles". how is that fun? how can anyone think it's entertaining to have to go back and try to find all the places you couldn't access the first around only to find useless things most all of which have no bearing on the game play itself. For example, lightsaber handles? It's gotta be one of the worst and again insulting attempts at giving one the impression they can customize their gear. Ponchos? Colors for your ship which you almost never look at? Switches for your lightsaber? at what point would I even be able to really see and appreciate my ability to change the color of my lightsaber switch?

There should be a rule that you can't include a workbench in a game unless they players can actually craft something, not just change cosmetics half of which aren't really noticeable the entire game while the other half are different colored ponchos.

The animation and movement really made me feel like I was playing an early PS3 game. it's clunky, counteriintuitive, and just bad. They did reproduce the awkward demeanor of the actor judging by his performance in Shameless. It just really is so so so overdone and not fun. So sick and tired of trying to jump onto a platform, falling, running back and trying again, falling running back and trying again. Why would EA think that's enjoyable? I can only assume the game is getting those higher reviews because of the franchise.

We are soooooo long overdue for a True, Actual and Immersive open world action/rpg Star Wars game. More genuine abilities, not having to use the force to make a quick dodge to the left or right so that i can boot the enemy doing practically damage. A force ability shouldn't have to be wasted on
    increases to your force meter or health. Leveling up should handle that and points should be save for real skills that really change up play style.

I agree with others that it tries to incorporate elements from the Souls series except it doesn't pull it off half as well. I also agree with others about the ridiculous loading time when you die, especially having just played Death Stranding, a game with much more data, incredible graphics, amazing movement mechanics and yet takes about 6 seconds to load the screen for just about anything.

The game is overdone, annoying if not infuriating at times and just plain sucks. This seems like it's little more than EA needing a revenue influx for it 's board members and figures they can turn a quick buck by slapping a Star Wars theme on a washed out version of Uncharted, Prince of Persia, Metroid like game with tiny hints of a Souls game.

In fact, I own literally hundreds of games on my PS4 and am obviously pretty opinionated and yet it I just now made my metacritic account only to review this game. It's just so frustrating to be reminded that though we've come so far in gaming, that stupid rehashed games like this are still being cranked out. Enough already, we don't need to waste Waaaay too much time jumping onto ledges covered in bird droppings, climbing left or right along a wall, traversing a pipe that bears no risk and is just a different looking pathway or again, having to jump to grab a rope after an icy slip and slide or wait, even more challenging, jumping from one rope to another. These things a good game does not make. Only quick cash for EA Games. Wait till it's released for free on PS Plus, and even that might be paying too much. I gave it a one only because of nostalgia in being able to see the name star wars. that's it.
  76. Nov 16, 2019
    Fraco demais. Esperava mais do game. Real em pegar esse tosco de Dark Souls pra fazer tudo hoje em dia. Fora ainda que o jogo é uma mistura mal feita de Uncharted e Assassin's Creed. Juntaram várias gameplays diferentes e não deu meio jogo. Uso da Força também é muito tosca e sem graça
  77. Nov 15, 2019
    Much of the game is pulled from UC2, which is 10 years old now. It was marketed as a souls-like or something like Sekiro but it's far more casual and the character models are not as good as in games like Death Stranding or other top PlayStation games. The characters are also very bland and I did not care much about what actually happened.
  78. Nov 15, 2019
    more soulless trash spawned by Disney and EA, to give you a clue just look at the characters facial expressions of these characters, dam.
  79. Nov 15, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not good game just mediocre at best ea really making bad star wars games they need another company Expand
  80. Nov 15, 2019
    Basically its uncharted with some mild assassin's creed. What is with all these games where you have to constantly climb? It's too much. I want to play a game, not scale some mystery mountain every 5 minutes. Really bad.
  81. Nov 16, 2019
    Awful graphics: Check
    Clunky mechanics: Check
    Boring generic storyline: Check
    Bare bones customization options: Check
    Another desperate attempt to be excited about an EA SW game only to be disappointed again? Check
  82. Nov 17, 2019
    Awesome game, i mean... for a Star Wars Game. So, it's good but don't worth the $60, maybe you should get it at >$30
  83. Nov 18, 2019
    If you have a brain, this game is ridiculously boring, even on the hardest, which is completely buggy and meaningless. You pass the lightsaber all over the enemy's body and he keeps acting like it's no big deal.
  84. Nov 24, 2019
    Any game without controller sensitivity settings - trash.
    Any game with full black loading screen - trash.
    Clunky movements.
    Terrible camera movements.
    Enemies combat AI is stupid.
    Serious frame drops - on console?!
    Simply a trash - with ridiculous hype.
  85. Nov 24, 2019
    Glitchy game play and slow to respond control inputs absolutely ruined this game! I was enjoyed it for the first 2 hours, however the controls issues and glitched out gameplay make this game near impossible to enjoy. Trying to use a force power and time a jump properly with choppy graphics and laggy control responses is awful!!

If your looking for a hack and slash Jedi game, this is not

If your looking for a hack and slash Jedi game, this is not for you...this is more of an expiration, puzzle solving game with combat sprinkled in. This is a game built around needing near perfect timing, but with laggy control responses this game is near unplayable!!
  86. Nov 30, 2019
    Очент плохая боевка, играть невозможно, соулс игры в гробу ворочаются от такой боевки
  87. Nov 22, 2019
    Too much zelda und dark souls like. The first level is nice but after this come 70% zelda like gameplay. The dark souls effect with respawns feels wrong in this game.
  88. Nov 27, 2019
    Disney destroying the films, EA killing games. I want to see the brutal SW game, with a lot of kills, light swords battles, quick-time events, the possibility to play like sith not like Jedi. Cmon the main person of this game doesn't kill anybody in a duel, game from kids for kids.
  89. Dec 22, 2019
    Why do they keep coming out with terrible star wars games. Why wouldn't Disney/Lucas hire BioWare to remake Knights of the Old Republic into a next gen console? BioWare should not change ONE thing about KOTOR, just make it work on new consoles. Everyone (even the critics, which I usually look at user reviews ahead of critic reviews) loved that game. I think it was one of the best videoWhy do they keep coming out with terrible star wars games. Why wouldn't Disney/Lucas hire BioWare to remake Knights of the Old Republic into a next gen console? BioWare should not change ONE thing about KOTOR, just make it work on new consoles. Everyone (even the critics, which I usually look at user reviews ahead of critic reviews) loved that game. I think it was one of the best video games of all time. Again, with such a great game, why not just make it into the new consoles and change NOTHING. Expand
  90. Nov 15, 2019
    Star Wars makes me want to stick a blaster to my dome. Have fun playing as kid anakin as he becomes one who looks like he has downs. A robot that’s a dog. With a compelling story of a junior Jedi and all the Jedi stuff that they never explain. The force is telling me right now 0/10
  91. Nov 16, 2019
    Hate everything about this game the bland boring story to the copy and paste gameplay elements i.e. Uncharted, Dark souls. The combat is awful for a jedi game and the souls combat does in no way suit a jedi game unlike other star wars games in the past. How do we make a game long oh why don't we add backtracking ... meh. Jedi powers are boring whereas even the old republic online hasHate everything about this game the bland boring story to the copy and paste gameplay elements i.e. Uncharted, Dark souls. The combat is awful for a jedi game and the souls combat does in no way suit a jedi game unlike other star wars games in the past. How do we make a game long oh why don't we add backtracking ... meh. Jedi powers are boring whereas even the old republic online has better Jedi powers and gameplay than this. Expand
  92. Nov 15, 2019
    This is a good game at it's core, but it's dragged down by an utterly arbitrary narrative, repetitive game-play, backtracking through explored areas to fill the time and the general sense of frustration that this COULD have been a great title.

Visuals are ok, music is ok, customisation options are great.
  93. Nov 17, 2019
    Sorry but this is just an EA game, once you all buy it a multiplayer with gambling loot boxes will follow, game seems to be an all out copy and paste with the same generic story line, my brother bought it and i watched it till he beat it.... in just several hours so it seemed pretty short. sorry i will never support EA
  94. Nov 16, 2019
    Completely overrated.
    The controls are clunky and annoying and the story is really short and cheesy.
    DO NOT buy this game. You're better off with force unleashed if you want a good time.
  95. Nov 15, 2019
    A very bad Star Wars Tomb Raider/Uncharted clone. The graphics are sputtery (at best) even on my 1080ti SLI machine. You spend a lot of time climbing, and it isn't any more fun than it was in the previously mentioned games. The controls are very clunky, both in and out of combat.

It is no wonder they put an embargo on reviews before release.
  96. Nov 15, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The beginning of the story is really good, but the last few hours where unrewarding and without a real close. The lightsaber combat is a step down compared to previous entries, it feels more like a bat, and the force powers feel really weak. Graphics and animations are grat, but it has lots of bugs and framerate problems. Expand
  97. Nov 15, 2019
    Bad combination of every game out there with lazily written story. Clunky controls with bad camera controls.
  98. Nov 16, 2019
    Very overrated. Graphics on PS4 PRO look outdated. Controls are clunky and janky at best. Way to much back tracking just because. Battles are Darksouls-ish and you can get beat down by three simple mobs. One hit of damage to you and you are stunned it seems. Way to much climbing and doing stupid puzzles, there are fillers because they didn't know what else to add. It's Star Wars not, asVery overrated. Graphics on PS4 PRO look outdated. Controls are clunky and janky at best. Way to much back tracking just because. Battles are Darksouls-ish and you can get beat down by three simple mobs. One hit of damage to you and you are stunned it seems. Way to much climbing and doing stupid puzzles, there are fillers because they didn't know what else to add. It's Star Wars not, as one person put it "Uncharted 5: Jedi shenanigans" Save your money and wait till this is on sale, not worth 60$ Expand
  99. Dec 4, 2019
    Somehow good, but so glitchy and unfriendly to player, I am not talking about difficulty, the bugs and level design is so much worse than Uncharted. Some gameplay moments are almost impossible to walkthrough.
  100. Nov 16, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not that good of a game, jedi academy was way better back in a day, wait for a sale, for a price to drop Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 70 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 28, 2020
    If you get over a slower start without powers, we can assure you, that it will only get better and better. An entertaining mix of Uncharted, Tomb Raider and Dark Souls set in the Star Wars universe. You don’t have to worry; the game is worth its full price. [Issue#300]
  2. Jan 31, 2020
    As someone with limited time to play games, the shame of Fallen Order stems from multiple frustrations. It’s hard to fight and, worse, it’s hard to move. The game’s timing issues distracted me from both the story and the beautifully constructed worlds; I was too focused on simply staying alive. My many (many, many, many) deaths discouraged me from exploring worlds — all of them beautiful — as did the simple fact that traveling by foot (even a Jedi’s Force-enhanced feet) takes forever.
  3. Dec 30, 2019
    Respawn has shown us, and EA, that single player games are well enough alive and kicking and has set a bright future for the Star Wars franchise of videogames if they keep this up.