• Publisher: Capcom
6.5

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jan 16, 2018
    When Street Fighter V first launched in 2016, I was among the many fans who were seriously disappointed by its bare-bones content and slim roster. But with 2 years of refinement under its black belt, plus some seriously impressive additions to its content, this Arcade Edition marks the franchise's highest point since Super Street Fighter II Turbo. The long-requested arcade mode is filledWhen Street Fighter V first launched in 2016, I was among the many fans who were seriously disappointed by its bare-bones content and slim roster. But with 2 years of refinement under its black belt, plus some seriously impressive additions to its content, this Arcade Edition marks the franchise's highest point since Super Street Fighter II Turbo. The long-requested arcade mode is filled with nostalgic detail, and it gives offline players a compelling reason to keep fighting, something that the original release was sorely lacking. New V-Triggers will undoubtedly shake up competition online, and while there are still a few classic characters missing from the roster, the selection we have at the beginning of Season 3 is still fantastic on its own merit. If you've never played Street Fighter V, this is the perfect time to jump in, and if you already own the original, there's absolutely no excuse for not downloading the free update and giving it another chance. The champ has officially made a comeback, and even in a year packed with high-profile fighting game releases, Street Fighter V Arcade Edition is strong enough to take on any contender that comes its way. Expand
  2. May 29, 2018
    Two years later, this is still Scam Fighter V. Don't get fooled by the gaudy coat of paint this game got, or by the journalists that played its singleplayer modes for a couple of minutes - the core issues this game had remain the same. TWO YEARS, and all they did was to turn a broken rushed mess into a bad game that only works offline. Of course, traditional anti-airs feel more consistent,Two years later, this is still Scam Fighter V. Don't get fooled by the gaudy coat of paint this game got, or by the journalists that played its singleplayer modes for a couple of minutes - the core issues this game had remain the same. TWO YEARS, and all they did was to turn a broken rushed mess into a bad game that only works offline. Of course, traditional anti-airs feel more consistent, the ridiculous comeback mechanics have been toned down, throw loops have been fixed, and the new characters have provided the game with a wider array of playstyles, sure, but a fighting that has basic mechanics that actually work is not a miracle, it is just what should be expected from the most famous fighting game series.
    The most important gamemode - the online - remains barely functional. 70% or more of your games will have crippling lag, which makes the whole experience feel unresponsive, frustrating, and amateurish at best, forcing you to constantly blacklist most of the people you play with just to get a chance to have a decent match every once in a while. Imagine waiting 3 to 5 minutes per match, only to get unplayable sets against lag-teleporting opponents that base their strategy solely on lag-abuse. Waiting is the verb that summarizes the whole SFV experience - waiting for new characters, waiting for the patch that will make this game 'good', waiting for the new edition that will change everything. This game's whole existence is based on people waiting for the next big thing - that they will have to pay extra money for, of course - waiting for things that they should already have in the first place. SFV is a gambling game at its core, all you do is throw money and time at it, and hope for the best.
    The same could be said about its core gameplay. Even if you take the lag out of the equation, what's left is a game that lacks any spark. The turn-based flow of the combat, the overall lack of decent defense options, and the way the game balances its core mechanics creates a very shallow set-play heavy experience, where clever decision making in the neutral is often punished rather than rewarded. No matter how well you understand your opponent's every move, big risks followed by re-heated set-play will always get you further than playing interactively. Matches feel mostly like a button-mashing competition as players try every trick in the book to get a fast stun for massive damage. A simple innocent mistake can put you a disadvantage loop that can cost you a round in less than a couple of seconds, even if you played perfectly for a whole minute without taking damage and countering all of your opponent's moves. The truth is that playing random and stupid is the only way to actually get a chance to survive the way this game structures pressure and turns. As a result, winning doesn't feel that good because you know that you're just forcing 50/50s and boring mixups on your opponent over and over again without much thought, and losing feels terrible, because you know you didn't even get a fair chance to get back on your feet. Using your brain actively to solve problems and overcome challenges as they come - which is one of the greatest pleasures of fighting games - is almost forbidden in this game. When you play smart, you often find yourself waiting for your opponent to make mistakes so you can punish them, but punishing obvious bad choices achieves nothing compared to actually making a series of highly punishable moves that work because of lag (which makes even the most basic of punishes way harder than it needs to be). Even if you know how to condition your opponent, you know a random choice is evetually going to stop you on your tracks and completely reverse the momentum. It boils down to how well you can play randomly against other people playing randomly, which is a very uninspired and simplistic take on what the genre has to offer.
    SFV was already the worst big fighting game of its generation, and it's 'second chance' is shaping up to be just a symbolic improvement. With every failure to do what has to be done to fix SFV Capcom is making it harder and harder for people to actually care about the future of this game.
  3. May 2, 2021
    Okay, so I've wanted to go ahead and post a review of SF5 here in May 2021 after playing through the main story, individual stories and playing arcade mode, etc. I just finished playing MK11.

This game deserves it's decent score of 7. Compared to the masterpiece that is MK11 Ultimate with their lifelike characters (often using real actor voices), quite impressive story mode, etc, I'd say the game is probably more along the lines of a 5. HOWEVER, it's still a decent fighting game.

I, like many of my age, loved and obsessed about SF2 and it really "changed the game" and introduced a whole era of fighting games. I really didn't follow it too much beyond the end of Super Street Fighter 2 and really didn't play much of the whole "Ultra Street Fighter Beta Gamma Zero vs X-Men vs Anime" versions but I think Capcom has really allowed the franchise to be taken in the wrong direction.

SF5 is a continuation in cheesy-ness (and NOT in a good way), silliness and obnoxiousness. The character models look decent, but are WAY over-exaggerated with teenage-hormones. Just watch a video of the "boob physics" of a pre-patched Chun-li and you'll see what I'm talking about. Every man has super-steroid muscles and every woman has embarrassingly big bosoms that is to the point of being offensive. Is that really what this game is about?

The story lines, voice overs, etc are just painfully awful. I mean, it's who came up with these incoherent plots? To make matters worse, clearly no effort was made for the English version and the mouth movements don't even come close to matching the audio. It's like it all was created in Japanese and then shipped overseas for a sloppy conversion.

Story Mode: You know that it was half-assed when you install SF5 and the Story Mode is greyed out with no instructions on what to do. Yes, you have to FIND the story in the PS store and install it. Then, you have a mess of story. Compare that with the MK11 storyline that I personally thought was better than the 2021 MK movie. In this story mode, it jumps around and scenes can last for as little as one sentence before loading and jumping to something else. The difficulty is moronically low for most of the game until it cranks it up only at the very end. Sometimes you are playing the left side and sometimes the right: no real pattern. Sometimes you're the "good guy" and sometimes the "bad guy": again, no pattern. Often, it seems like what you did was totally pointless in terms of the story. Bad and painfully bad.

Arcade Mode. Oh okay, so they have where you can play through SF1 through 5, awesome, right? Maybe you start off with SF1 playing only as RYU and play against the original characters and only have the moves that were in the first, no powerups, no BS "no! it can't be!" lines, etc? That'd be pretty cool. Maybe make a UI screen that kinda mirrored the SF2 arcade screen, etc. NOPE. None of that. Instead, it's an afterthought. Like playing as Street Fighter 2, it has kinda a mixture of characters and the only thing authentic is an attempt to have the basic costumes and backgrounds. Pointless.

I played Ultra Street Fighter IV (released 10+ years ago on the PS3) and frankly, it comes pretty close to the experience of V. That's pretty pathetic.

Finally, lets talk value. MK11 Ultimate retails for $60 and contains everything. SF5 Premium Pass Bundle for $60 includes the Champion Edition + Season 5. It doesn't include: Season 3 or 4 ($30 combined) nor any of the MANY DLCs for costumes like the Pro Tour Packs (2016-2021, $10 each), etc. So... it feels like a money grab and that's TODAY and ignoring the joke that it was years ago.

So, I mean, it's worth it if you can tolerate the silliness and idiotic plot and lines and such, but it's jsut not THAT good and not where it should be 11 years later after the release of SF4.

NetherRealm has shown what GREAT games really can be with the Injustice games and MK11. Maybe it's just time to let the Street Fighter series die.
  4. Jun 19, 2018
    I really wanted to like Street Fighter V but there is so much to dislike about it. Gone are the days of a complete (fighting) game and SFV is leading the pack:

What I liked: .The game is gorgeous, with amazing backgrounds, vibrant colors, SOME great character designs. .Laudable attempt at a larger story mode even if it was not the best. .V-Triggers are a nice idea. .Much more

What I liked:
    .Laudable attempt at a larger story mode even if it was not the best.
    .V-Triggers are a nice idea.
    .Much more accessible to newer players.
    .Some great musical tracks; Rashid's is so amazing I put it on my main menu as soon as I found out I could do that.

What I hated:
    .You want a new character? Pay us!
    .You want a new stage? Pay us!
    .You want to buy those things with fight money? Psyche we took away almost all ways of making in game money. PAY US!
    .Unlocked a new in game costume through your characters story mode? Want to use it? Hold up playa, you got pay fight money for that!
    .Those titles you used to get free in USF4? Pay Fight money!
    .Crush counters are TERRIBLE! Why? Because some characters benefit far more than others. Urien, Bison, Karin, Cammy...AKUMA!!!
    .V-Triggers are imbalanced, with some being amazing and others being laughable! Again Urien's Aegis is game changing while Zeku's V Trigger 1 is...who made this v trigger!??!

Capcom has brought a free to play payment method into a game that is not free to play and it disgusts me! People will jump to defend it and say, "You can pay fight money!" but as of recently that is no longer viable, with fight money now being a constant grind for 50 fight money in online ranked/casual (Only on wins) or leveling up your character through matches, their story, demonstrations or trials.

I paid full price for a fighting game but you are telling me I have to buy 4 seasons worth of content, (each separately) for 19.99 to 29.99 to get the full experience. So my 59.99 becomes a 100.00+ investment? I am baffled people are okay with such methods!

It would be fine if you could test drive characters like some free to play games allow you to practice with them but you are buying and hoping this character is awesome. If you do not have the character unlocked you can not practice with or against them in training mode, so good luck. Akuma, Menat, Abigail, Kolin, Urien, Balrog, Blanka, Guile at one point or the other were "top tier" but also behind a pay wall of, Season Passes. I paid full price...wtf is this!?!?!?

The Character Balance is so terrible, though this has not changed since...well Capcom made fighting games.
    I have pumped hours into this game online and offline! This is coming from a place not of hatred but disappointment. USF4 gave you EVERYTHING...where did that all go?

The game is a decent fighting game but lack of balancing, Capcom's nickle and diming along with some questionable design choices makes this game a pass for me.
  5. Oct 14, 2018
    Same awful netcode, same short limbs on every character. Nothing's changed.
  6. Dec 31, 2018
    Лучше, что есть в жанре 2D файтингов!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Nov 15, 2018
    This is really a great game, there is so much to love about it, must play for sure!
  8. Mar 17, 2020
    They did it again! Capcom can't stop screwing this game franchise. I'm done. By the way, what's the point of selling a physical media of the game if, in order to access it's full content , the player have to download it with a online activation code? SF is over to me, thank you, Capcom!
  9. Jul 13, 2020
    I bought vanilla SFV at launch because I'm a longtime fan. I've been trying overcome my disappointment by believing the DLC would make this game better but, so far, it hasn't. The only positive aspects are that the graphics are good and some of the new designs are beautiful. The rest is either super boring, or unfair, or simply lazily done.

- Some characters will always overpower others

- Some characters will always overpower others no matter what you do or how good you become at learning your favorite character.
    - Character story mode is ridiculous: a couple of awful pieces of artwork and text in between fights with a brain dead AI.
    - Many classic costumes we all love (like Dhalsim's, Balrog's and Vega's) are either DLC or only obtained through their lootbox gambling system. To make it worse, the only money you can use to gamble is Fight Money, which can only be obtained through their boring/unfair online multiplayer or by performing many "missions" (A.K.A. doing boring actions several times) that only yield a bit of FM every week.
    - At the end of Arcade Mode you get a boring comic strip of something your character does. Remember in 1991 when we got fully animated endings?
    - At the beginning of a match, there's a plane that goes left to right from one flag to another. Remember in 1991 when we got a full map?
    - Many of the new characters are uninteresting and I wonder why they would choose Falke, Ed, Necalli, Fang, and G over other many fan favorites.

The game overall feels empty, soulless, and a huge step back from SF4.
  10. Jan 16, 2018
    Another Street Fighter game to last for years. Like it or not, this is the biggest and the best fighting game on the planet. Deep fighting game mechanics and so many unique characters make this game an instant classic for any fighting game fan. With EVO just around the corner, the hype is only starting to build up. Shoryuken!!!
  11. Jan 16, 2018
    Capcom really made a comeback with the Arcade Edition, the game was bare -bones at launch but now after 2 years the game has been totally changed. The game is a free update and New players will get Season 1 and 2 pass for Free and to top it they are giving 9 costumes for free with season 3 pass or the people who have pre-ordered SFV:AE . They have added many modes to the game, Arcade modeCapcom really made a comeback with the Arcade Edition, the game was bare -bones at launch but now after 2 years the game has been totally changed. The game is a free update and New players will get Season 1 and 2 pass for Free and to top it they are giving 9 costumes for free with season 3 pass or the people who have pre-ordered SFV:AE . They have added many modes to the game, Arcade mode is Bigger and Better than ever 6 different arcade modes, Extra Battle mode, Team Battle(OFFLINE only) training mode has received some extra features, Gallery has been added to the game. There will be more than 200 endings, The UI has been revamped and 2nd V-Triggers for every character. Expand
  12. Jan 22, 2018
    I might start by stating the obvious: 0 or 10 reviews are completely unhelpful, though they do tend to ultimately cancel each other out...
    As for SFV Arcade Edition, I cannot possibly give it a positive review. Although I will say there is a clear lesson to be learned from it: don’t buy Capcom games on release. As a big fan of the series, I purchased the original release. And in its magnanimity, Capcom thanked me for my patronage by updating the incomplete product they sold me free of charge.
    However, it doesn’t come with all the features, most notably the seasons 1 & 2 characters. Which means that I would have to spend an amount nearly equivalent to buying the new version in order to have the same game. Oh and Capcom has also slashed the amount of in game currency gained from missions, making it even harder than before to amass enough to unlock all characters. This grind puts Korean MMOs to shame!
    As for the “well you’ve been playing it for months” argument, I would argue that I have not. The online matchmaking system is not great. And once I was done with story mode, I barely touched the game again.
    So the lesson here for gamers: if you keep playing ball and buying unfinished products or pay 2 play games that operate on micro transaction models introduced by free 2 play games, or the even worse pay 2 win model, then developers will keep making them. They would be insane not to!
    I really miss the days where there were just 3 options: buy the game, rent the game, or ignore the game. Subscription were one thing (looking at you Blizz), but this is getting out of control...
  13. Jan 16, 2018
    SFV Arcade Edition is the game how it should have been released. It's now very polished, the new UI looks great, loading times are faster. It comes with a much more varied roster with 28 characters each of them having variations (V-trigger 2) that add depth to the game. The gameplay is rock solid, simple, accessible and yet deep because you need to know how to face the 28 characters in theSFV Arcade Edition is the game how it should have been released. It's now very polished, the new UI looks great, loading times are faster. It comes with a much more varied roster with 28 characters each of them having variations (V-trigger 2) that add depth to the game. The gameplay is rock solid, simple, accessible and yet deep because you need to know how to face the 28 characters in the game and some characters allow a lot of creativity and are more technical if you get bored playing the more basic ones.

As for solo content, there is a lot to do between all the arcade modes mimicking the previous Street Fighters (1, 2, alpha, 3, 4 and 5), survival mode, history mode that is not very deep but pleasant enough, extra battle mode to gain fight money and unlock capcom character cosplay costumes. There are lot of pictures to unlock for the completionists who are not that much into online play.

As for online play precisely, it's too early to check if they improved the netcode further but even before arcade edition, Capcom already made a lot of improvements in that regard and it's enjoyable at least in ranked and casual matchmaking, with always plenty of people to fight thanks to the crossplay between PS4 and PC. It's too early to state about the overall balance of the game but they seem to have given characters who were lacking new tools and strength so that every single character should be a threat, and toned down the blantantly overpowered and / or braindead characters.

All in all, SFV Aracde Edition is not as flashy as the soon to be released DBZ game, but it's more classical, and above all, very fun to play and get into, with plenty of different fighting styles to choose from. The game has matured enough to provide many more hours of fun either solo or online (and I've played already for over 700 hours the vanilla version). I played all street fighter games except the very first, and this is simply the best in my opinion.
  14. blx
    Jan 18, 2018
    Overall, a complete game in terms of content and rewards, with solid gameplay to boot. Game's not perfect, but it's a very good package
  15. Jan 16, 2018
    Finalmente a capcom resolveu lançar o jogo completo esse sim é o street V que o povo queria, esse jogo está muito melhor que o Street Fighter4.
  16. Feb 10, 2018
    It's obvious that this site has paid reviews, to suppress the true score of this game. SFV is terrible it's just as bad as it was when it first released, it's still like fighting under water. You will rarely find yourself outplayed, or outwitted simply out classed at character selection and out mashed by cheesy button smashing players with tactics that would get them destroyed in anyIt's obvious that this site has paid reviews, to suppress the true score of this game. SFV is terrible it's just as bad as it was when it first released, it's still like fighting under water. You will rarely find yourself outplayed, or outwitted simply out classed at character selection and out mashed by cheesy button smashing players with tactics that would get them destroyed in any decent fighter. SFV gives some characters really good moves speed and priority that are spam friendly hard to block and seriously nearly impossible to escape. If you watch the pros you will see they get caught by the same cheese spam as you do. Don't buy this game unless you just want to have mindless fun. But this is not a serious fighter and certainly not worthy of the Street Fighter moniker.
    The graphics are nice, the music is nice and the character designs are really cool. But mechanically this game is a **** show...
  17. Feb 13, 2018
    What street fighter V should have been in the first place. With the added characters, revamped ui, faster loading times, balancing, added v triggers, and finally arcade mode it now feels like a new game. It's now up there with the best fighting game this generation.
  18. Jan 28, 2018
    The character roster, arcade mode, story, trials, and fighting mechanics are great. However, this game has a free to play model (even though I payed for it...) where future characters, costumes, and stages, are locked behind a paywall with micro transactions. For example, I don't like the default costume for Ken and prefer the SF2 version. So I beat his story to unlock his story costumeThe character roster, arcade mode, story, trials, and fighting mechanics are great. However, this game has a free to play model (even though I payed for it...) where future characters, costumes, and stages, are locked behind a paywall with micro transactions. For example, I don't like the default costume for Ken and prefer the SF2 version. So I beat his story to unlock his story costume in the store, but I still have to pay fight/real money to unlock the costume. It doesn't seem like there is a realistic way to unlock all this stuff with fight money (especially since I just want to play arcade mode, not online) and would have to pay real money. I miss the old days in SF2 and 4 where all you had to do was to beat arcade mode to unlock characters. I didn't have to pay fight/real money then. Expand
  19. Jul 6, 2018
    I have been playing sf since sf2 and this is one of my least favourite entries in the series not because the gameplay is bad but because of the almost doa5 levels of dlc in this game. It will nickel and dime you every chance it gets fight money was nerfed you can get some stuff for free but clearly they want you to buy items with real money. It’s mobile game like approach is just awful andI have been playing sf since sf2 and this is one of my least favourite entries in the series not because the gameplay is bad but because of the almost doa5 levels of dlc in this game. It will nickel and dime you every chance it gets fight money was nerfed you can get some stuff for free but clearly they want you to buy items with real money. It’s mobile game like approach is just awful and it’s not a f2p game capcom has really messed up its not all bad the gameplay is good but with so many other options for less money why bother? Expand
  20. Jan 18, 2018
    I've liked sfv game play since it came out but the lack of a lot of UX is what soured the experience for me. With Arcade edition loading times have been massively cut back, training mode has been improved and the cfn features have been made easier to use. For me these where massive changes and I'm very happy with them.
  21. Jan 20, 2018
    Compared to its own predecessors, SFVAE has the best roster, best story, best visuals and animation, and fantastic gameplay that is easiest to get into AND hardest to master. No doubt, this is Street Fighter at its best - Finally!
  22. Jan 18, 2018
    The final and complete version who we expected...but it had to be like that from the beginning..
    The arcade mode is very good.. but the sub-mode ''street fighter v'' should have had the '' fight your rival '' like street fighter IV and more bonus stage.
    Great graphics and excellent playability .. but we already knew that
  23. Jan 16, 2018
    First of all, don’t believe anything from the aking “review” as he, she or IT is clearly a toxic and bitter fanboy who has nothing better to do than go around making an account on a website just so they can give the game a low score. It’s pathetic and embarrassing to see this.

Now, let’s get to the heart of the review. Capcom have done wonders with the Street Fighter V, especially how their continuous support over he last couple years meant that you always had something to look forward to. With this new update, it brings you all the offline (and online) content you want m, from 6 different arcade ladders, Gallery, Team Battle Mode, Extra Battle and much more. You can get all of that and season 1 + 2 characters for only $40 (£30) which is an amazing deal for those in the fence and are causal players. The most popular fighting game series ever is back and you won’t regret it.
  24. Jan 16, 2018
    When the original Street Fighter V launched, it lacked content, mostly single player modes. It also had different issues related with online multiplayer. But in terms of gameplay and visuals it was really awesome. During years they have been adding many characters, stages and game modes. Arcade Edition is a free update for existing players that adds the main pending issue they had toWhen the original Street Fighter V launched, it lacked content, mostly single player modes. It also had different issues related with online multiplayer. But in terms of gameplay and visuals it was really awesome. During years they have been adding many characters, stages and game modes. Arcade Edition is a free update for existing players that adds the main pending issue they had to solve: to add the classic Arcade Mode. In addition to add it, they included a super beefy arcade mode: with 6 paths representing each big chapter in the series and over 200 unlockable images for a new gallery and bonus stages, plus new additions like EX Battle with additional time limited challenges, the team battle versus mode, new UI, gameplay balance, new V-Trigger special move for all players and more.
    Thanks to this update that solves the main pending issues, SFV becomes a masterpiece and the best fighting game of the generation. Now it's time to go back to play the game, or to buy it if you still didn't have before, because buying SFVAE now it also includes the season 1 + season 2 DLC characters that you were also able to unlock by playing.
  25. Jan 17, 2018
    What was already a great solid fighting game became even better. With an amazing rooster, new v-triggers and a brand new arcade mode, this game is awesome! Cant wait to play Blanka and Cody!!
  26. Jan 18, 2018
    Two years ago, street fighter V was released with fantastic gameplay but extremely poor content. In this new version, It`s safe to say this is one of the best fighting games of all time. Every single match is fun to play, fun to watch, don`t matter who is playing: casual or pro players. gameplay and content are finally working together in Streef Fighter V: Arcade Edition
  27. Jan 17, 2018
    Amazing. New V-Trigger make various tactic and set up. but i don't like capcom's fight money policy.
  28. Jan 21, 2018
    At last, this is the game, that would've killed it at sales if it were like this at launch. We have to remember that at launch there was a.) only 16 characters, b.) trashy small story mode c.) survival mode d.) no demonstrations e.) basically only survival mode which was broken and f.) mainly only online modes. As someone who was new to the genre, I spent most of my time in the trainingAt last, this is the game, that would've killed it at sales if it were like this at launch. We have to remember that at launch there was a.) only 16 characters, b.) trashy small story mode c.) survival mode d.) no demonstrations e.) basically only survival mode which was broken and f.) mainly only online modes. As someone who was new to the genre, I spent most of my time in the training mode and learned the basics of linking, canceling, frame data, etc.
    Now it's the robust game that would've been perfect as a beginner - my ONLY gripe is a small one not worth lowering the score for: where the hell are new trophies for Arcade Edition!?! Street Fighter IV had new trophies for each new edition and I was looking forward to the new trophies here that would help motivate playing all the new features and modes. This just seems like an oversight to me since trophies have become a bigger deal as the years have passed. End Rant.

Ultimately though, this game, especially for someone who bought it barebones back in February of 2016, is like unwrapping a Christmas gift with a plethora of ways to put my new skills and characters to the test and also catch up on Street Fighter lore from the past 30 years.
  29. Jan 19, 2018
    In February of 2016, Capcom released Street Fighter V as a PS4 and PC exclusive. I hate to admit it, but this was the single reason I acquired a PS4. While it technically was not a bad game, it simply felt unfinished. Featuring a bare-bones roster, comprised of mostly new characters and only a handful of options, it seemed Street Fighter was no longer going to be able to compete with theIn February of 2016, Capcom released Street Fighter V as a PS4 and PC exclusive. I hate to admit it, but this was the single reason I acquired a PS4. While it technically was not a bad game, it simply felt unfinished. Featuring a bare-bones roster, comprised of mostly new characters and only a handful of options, it seemed Street Fighter was no longer going to be able to compete with the other fighters on the market. Over the past 2 years, Capcom has released a steady stream of content; both paid and free, to try and remedy this.

Almost a full 2 years later, Capcom has once again released Street Fighter V, but with the Arcade Edition suffix, which they have a tendency to do. Luckily, those of us who already took the plunge are treated to most of the upgrades (sans the additional DLC characters) at no extra charge. These additions are certainly welcome, but it does feel a bit too late, as most of us who were heavily invested in the game have moved on to the stellar Injustice 2 or other more complete packages.

Upon loading the upgraded game, you’ll find there is now a wealth of offline options. You can compete in 6 different arcade modes which are modeled after previous entries in the franchise, each featuring different rosters of characters to use or battle, with the number of bouts being based off of the entry the mode was modeled after. Completing each will treat the player with the character’s associated ending, if Street Fighter lore is your thing.

In addition to the Arcade mode, you’ll find a few other offline options, with the highpoint being the game’s story mode; this was added a few months back as a free update to the vanilla version. This is a pretty lengthy affair and also features single character stories. You’ll also find the option for survival modes, a time trial, as well as individual challenges for each character. Most of these options will reward the player with Fight Money, the game’s virtual currency that allows you to purchase new costumes, stages, and fighters. I will commend Capcom on giving the players the option to earn the DLC opposed to having to pay real world money for it. While it is a grind, in the time I’ve had the title I’ve earned most of the classic characters free of charge.

The online suite is acceptable and matchmaking is a breeze with the fight request option returning. You can play any mode you wish and be queued for player or ranked matches, eliminating any wasted time sitting in a lobby waiting for someone to match with you. Despite lag still being an intermittent issue, the online mode is the best feature this title has to offer. While not as addicting as other fighters out there, it’s easy to see how Street Fighter has lasted 30 years.

The roster is still one of the most disappointing aspects of the game, with over half the roster being new characters and few of them being standout additions. Capcom has remedied this slightly with the newest season (which is not included in the base game) being rounded out by returning fighters. They all control just as well as they did previously, with few changes being implemented to the returning fighters. Ken is the most varied, as he is no longer a carbon copy of Ryu, featuring a much different move set than previous games.

The overall presentation of the game is simply amazing. The backgrounds are eclectic and feature a number of new locations as well as reimagined versions of past levels. Each is beautifully detailed with a number of them feature unique endings if the player is knocked out in a particular area of the level.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is how the game should have been released 2 years ago. It is a perfect jumping off point for those who have not visited the entry, especially at the reduced $39.99 retail price; however, if you’ve already purchased the base game, there isn’t much here that you haven’t seen and provides little reason to revisit the title.
  30. Jan 19, 2018
    Street Fighter V arcade edition got every thing you need from fighting game.
    awesome graphics, great game play and have a lots of new things that can keep you busy for days.
    its include 2 dlc, arcade, story mode, team mode, co op mode and much more.
    and also if you have Street fighter V this well come a free update.
    so i highly recommend this game for any platform.
  31. Feb 10, 2018
    El peor street fighter con diferencia aunque le hayan añadido por fin el modo arcade, el cual es bastante mejorable, alguno de los nuevos luchadores no tienen ningun carisma y creo que esta saga tiene que cambiar mucho para volver a ser lo que fue.
  32. Feb 18, 2018
    One of the major complaints about the original SF5 release was the lack of content.

There is a lot of content in this package now. 6 different arcade mode paths with more than 200 ending illustrations to unlock. Extra battle, an ongoing CPU character challenge where you can unlock fight money, experience points, and classic Capcom inspired costumes. Cinematic story mode, a

There is a lot of content in this package now.

Cinematic story mode, a nearly 2 hour, fully animated CGI episode featuring the cast.

Individual character story chapters that delve into each playable character's history.

Team battle mode (local).

Survival mode.

Demonstrations, trials, tutorials for people trying to learn the game.

Gallery mode, to collect all the artwork and trailers in the game.

Also, this package come with the season 1 and season 2 character passes, so you can download 12 characters as a bonus (note: it's not on disc, the codes come with the box).

And, any time you want to step outside of single player mode, feel free to join us in online VS, where the Street Fighter series shines: competitive play!
  33. Jan 19, 2018
    Street Fighter V empezó mal, con una mala idea de como tratar a un jugador, pero después de tantas actualizaciones (En un año), de verdad uno piensa que valió la pena, para poder ver esta joya escondida, es un buen juego con mecánicas bien sólidas, además de incluir una buena plantilla de peleadores, han aprendido de sus errores, y la manera de enmendarlo es sacando esta versión, lo únicoStreet Fighter V empezó mal, con una mala idea de como tratar a un jugador, pero después de tantas actualizaciones (En un año), de verdad uno piensa que valió la pena, para poder ver esta joya escondida, es un buen juego con mecánicas bien sólidas, además de incluir una buena plantilla de peleadores, han aprendido de sus errores, y la manera de enmendarlo es sacando esta versión, lo único malo es la inclusión de sólo los peleadores y no de más contenido... pero en fin es un buen juego... Expand
  34. Jan 21, 2018
    New with AE is a more refined combat system. Each fighter feels more fluid, more tight with their abilities. The additional modes are....there and don't really add anything to the experience. Sure you get a arcade mode, but in the grand scheme of the game (and how you unlock things) arcade mode is next to pointless.

The graphics are in the realms of good to.....did someone forget to

The graphics are in the realms of good to.....did someone forget to turn off the smudge tool? Muddy, everyone in the game is muddy looking and this is coming from someone using a 4k t.v, they look terrible.

I do commend Capcom for putting this update out for FREE to people that purchased the original game; I don't like that none of the unlocked roster came to them with it (discounted season pass ends up being a wash if you want those characters). Unlocking all of them is a BF2 like affair where it will take literal days of gameplay to unlock one fighter with in-game fight money. Those that have been playing for years already have them, people coming in (or back to) have little choice but to buy them. It's a catch 22 and it is not fun.

Did AE get me back into SF? Hardcore? Never, that ship sailed years ago; not when DBFZ is out in less than a week and games like Guilty Gear Xrd revelator have been doing this type of system for years already (and frankly has done it better than SF). Good effort by Capcom, but like everything else by them--too little, too late.
  35. Jan 23, 2018
    If you stop listening to those who live to hate Capcom, Street Fighter V : Arcade Edition is a sweet, sweet fighting game that does justice to the franchise after a rocky start with the first version. If you already bought SFV then all the new content is a free upgrade. If you haven't for the retail price of Arcade Edition you get A LOT for your money. It plays great, the existing rosterIf you stop listening to those who live to hate Capcom, Street Fighter V : Arcade Edition is a sweet, sweet fighting game that does justice to the franchise after a rocky start with the first version. If you already bought SFV then all the new content is a free upgrade. If you haven't for the retail price of Arcade Edition you get A LOT for your money. It plays great, the existing roster is great and getting even better, the single player modes and general content is more than enough to satisfy all (apart from haters), graphics and animation is sweet, plethora of ways to gain Fight Money (again, don't listen to the haters or ignorant people) which means you can get new characters, stages, costumes etc for free as long as you put the effort, time and patience into it. Netcode is much improved and among the best out there for a fighting game and with Capcom's commitment to the game to extend well beyond normal game cycles this is the best entry point to the SFV. Things are looking good :) Expand
  36. Sep 13, 2018
    This is not even a game. It's the worst possibile chapter after one of the most competitive fighting games ever: Street Fighter 4. This garbage is totally random and brainless. Thanks Capcom. I will never ever buy another Street Fighter game at day 1. This crap ruined all.
  37. Jan 17, 2018
    I had some fun playing the arcade mode, but I noticed that I did not earn any fight money after the completed run. As it turns out, you longer earn fight money to unlock stages and characters as sparely as before, so you pretty much have to fork out another $30- for the season 3 content. If you are fine with that, SFV may be a 3-4 star game. Personally, I have a hard time forgetting theI had some fun playing the arcade mode, but I noticed that I did not earn any fight money after the completed run. As it turns out, you longer earn fight money to unlock stages and characters as sparely as before, so you pretty much have to fork out another $30- for the season 3 content. If you are fine with that, SFV may be a 3-4 star game. Personally, I have a hard time forgetting the initial announcement of SFV where Capcom promised that all characters would be unlockable without having to pay additional money. That may be possible, but I am guessing that you have to play more than 100 hours to do so, making playing the game feel more like a grid than fun. In the end, much like other expensive fighting games that constantly prompts you to buy costumes and characters, SFV does not work as a full priced game, or even as a discounted update, as too much locked content makes it feel like a free to play game. Expand
  38. Feb 2, 2018
    The trailer look cool the graphics and game play mode look different to the first one.
  39. Jan 19, 2018
    Capcom needs to seriously fix this issue and create a new chapter in Story Mode. As the Arcade Mode states it, Street Fighter 3 is the sequel to Street Fighter 5; this is absolutely stupid. First, why go through all the trouble in reinventing new costume changes for characters when they don't even look like that in Street Fighter 3. Second, why release more characters for this game whenCapcom needs to seriously fix this issue and create a new chapter in Story Mode. As the Arcade Mode states it, Street Fighter 3 is the sequel to Street Fighter 5; this is absolutely stupid. First, why go through all the trouble in reinventing new costume changes for characters when they don't even look like that in Street Fighter 3. Second, why release more characters for this game when they don't even appear in Street Fighter 3. Third, why make a prequel the game client when it already has a sequel. You know why people don't cheer for a sports team on a recording of a live event? Because they already know the outcome; prequels are extremely stupid and one of the worst and laziest forms of story telling, it already happened move forth.
    If Capcom was very smart they would release a new chapter to the Story Mode to make Street Fighter 5, which was built to be a game client to add new content to, the true sequel it should be. Make all these additions to SF5 meaningful and leave room for our imaginations to still wonder forward. Right now in Arcade Edition, the story is completely dumb thanks to this chronological mess and completely useless in my opinion to even spend another cent on until Street Fighter is rightfully the sequel to all of the other Street Fighter games before it. Either that are make Street Fighter 3 the non-canonical Dragon Ball GT of Street Fighter. Currently it’s ruined because of this. Many may disagree but I'm sure a lot of people out there may also agree with me.
  40. Jan 17, 2018
    Capcom finally put in what was suppose to be included in the first release. Yes there are more things locked behind paid DLC but what’s included in this retail release is good enough for me as I’m a non-competetive fan. The added arcade modes mimicking other SF releases is a nice touch. I do feel that this should have been priced lower though
  41. Jan 17, 2018
    Whats on here without the dlc is the arcade mode and the rest of the core game capcom still hasnt learned its lesson with the dlc thing im disappointed with capcom and im disappointed with the fans that defend this crap its just a season pass on a disc this! WRONG!! Complete waste...
  42. Apr 2, 2018
    This is absurd! This is the worst Street Fighter ever, I will not buy another one Street Fighter title. It cannot be compared to Street Fighter 4... This is a big Screw You for the fans
  43. Jan 20, 2018
    Terrible. No improvement from Smash Fighter V whatsoever, Same old boring, insipid gameplay. Online matchmaking is the same poor waitfest and the netcode is as bad as ever. Whoever advised capcom to change the netcode from what they used in SF4 needs to be fired on the spot. SF4 was (and still is) superior in pretty much every single way. Just go back and play Ultra Street Fighter 4 if youTerrible. No improvement from Smash Fighter V whatsoever, Same old boring, insipid gameplay. Online matchmaking is the same poor waitfest and the netcode is as bad as ever. Whoever advised capcom to change the netcode from what they used in SF4 needs to be fired on the spot. SF4 was (and still is) superior in pretty much every single way. Just go back and play Ultra Street Fighter 4 if you really feel the need. Not recommended. Go play SF4 instead. Expand
  44. Mar 23, 2018
    Finalmente!
    A versão mas competente de Street Fighter V foi lançado entregando o modo Arcade,extras e conteúdos de verdade para o jogo.
    Espero que a Capcom volte a entender que Street Fighter não vive apenas de online e torneios competitivos.
  45. Jul 27, 2020
    best street fighter game probably ever made.This game easiest Street fighter game ever and it was need.Because it was too difficulte game in the past.

character designs are incredible good especially females characters. gameplay it has most characteristic characters ever. countless customization options are availeble online is good even netcode issue. Story mode was also good

character designs are incredible good especially females characters.

gameplay it has most characteristic characters ever.

countless customization options are availeble
    online is good even netcode issue.
    Story mode was also good for fighting game
  46. Sep 12, 2020
    So bad
    Bad design
    Unbelievable glitches and bugs, even during the cinematics
    Aged terribly
  47. Aug 2, 2019
    Do not be pushed back by negative reviewers. SFV is one of the best fighting games in this era. Althrough, 3 years ago it had a drawback at launch because lack of content and characters, but now the current state of SFV is nearly perfection. There are many characters, Arcade mode and General Story mode). Graphic is superb, Characters are well balanced, Online matchmaking works well. YouDo not be pushed back by negative reviewers. SFV is one of the best fighting games in this era. Althrough, 3 years ago it had a drawback at launch because lack of content and characters, but now the current state of SFV is nearly perfection. There are many characters, Arcade mode and General Story mode). Graphic is superb, Characters are well balanced, Online matchmaking works well. You can crossplay with PC gamers. Finding match is easy if you play on prime time.

The only bad part is, though, the netcode, which sometimes cause unstable connection, so be warnned. I hope Capcom could find a way to improve this. Some new characters will have to be paid or grind to get but if you buy Arcade edition you will have 12 additional characters more than Standard edition (which only has 16). With Arcade Edition, you will have most 70% of characters here. The price is cheap now and has been discount many times, so I suggest buying it when sale 50-60%.

By the way, If you are beginners and want to play online, my suggestion is only play Ranked match because in Casual match, there are many smurfs lurking around. If you play Casual, you may get bodied by them. Even online Ranked match at low level is very completitive. The game has steep learning curve. Diligent work is required if you want be excel online
  48. Oct 9, 2018
    If this was the game released at launch I wuld have bought it. There are so many modes and options to play that it has hooked me in and Tekken 7 is deleted. There is another season of fighters of which I have unlocked 3 of them and a few stages for free throgh fight money. Not one free unlockable fighters offered with Tekken. It can be a grind though and real money seems to wanted for theIf this was the game released at launch I wuld have bought it. There are so many modes and options to play that it has hooked me in and Tekken 7 is deleted. There is another season of fighters of which I have unlocked 3 of them and a few stages for free throgh fight money. Not one free unlockable fighters offered with Tekken. It can be a grind though and real money seems to wanted for the extras but if you want only some fighters like me then spending extra wont be needed. Expand
  49. Jul 10, 2019
    Melhor que o Street Fighter IV, mas ainda bastante parecido, nada de revolucionário. Tem menos personagens, mas são todos bem diferentes entre si, e a maioria é legal de jogar. Atualmente é o melhor jogo de luta para o PS4.
  50. Feb 15, 2019
    Jogo Street Fighter desde 1990 e esse de longe é o mais fraco deles. Muito lutadores pagos, gráficos belíssimos, online de qualidade, jogabilidade meh e, principalmente, muito rage quit sem punição.
  51. Nov 5, 2018
    I just bought this game 4 days ago and am disappointed. I saw the hype around and was immediately wanting to buy it because I had bought and played USFIV. I was thinking this could be great and I realized something. This game is really **** You wanna know why. Well, they've simplified the systems, given little content compared to previous SF games and other fighting games, and honestly, II just bought this game 4 days ago and am disappointed. I saw the hype around and was immediately wanting to buy it because I had bought and played USFIV. I was thinking this could be great and I realized something. This game is really **** You wanna know why. Well, they've simplified the systems, given little content compared to previous SF games and other fighting games, and honestly, I am not surprised, because this is capcom and they also ended up destroying games that could have been amazing like MVCI or Deadrising 4. Expand
  52. Jun 30, 2018
    1st off you can easily tell this garbage game was made in less than half the amount of time that sf4 was made. everything from the lack of stages ,characters ,supers, special moves, voice acting, terrible netcode and gameplay mechanics. and don't forget about that next gen banana hair. this game is not only a disgrace to the sf series but all fighters in general !
  53. Apr 12, 2018
    aquí un caso de remordimiento por el fracaso de su versión anterior street fighter v sin modo arcade , solo multijugador e incompleto , lo que muestra evidentemente que capcom cuando ve el fracaso es cuando reacciona y hace las cosas mejor , jajajajajaj vaya empresa que hace las cosas bien cuando ve peligrar su contenido en todas las plataformas
  54. May 17, 2018
    It is complicated to rate this game. On the one hand it is the fighting game that continues to be the best in the game mechanics. But on the other hand the Capcom DLC policies are really abusive and it is never possible to have the full experience of the game unless it is paid. This company only thinks about taking out the money to their clients and that is why I never buy a DLC.
  55. Sep 2, 2020
    Ну такое
    Мне не понятен японский стильнаверное
  56. Dec 12, 2020
    Load times are very long on the ps4, there are momentary lags and the content is lacking...
  57. Aug 20, 2018
    Game is amazing and has a lot of content. Online is great but takes too long to get into a match sometimes.
  58. Oct 1, 2018
    Capcom saved the game in this update, cant get tired of playing G, they just need to balance the game and it will be fine
  59. Nov 3, 2018
    Amazing Game fun to play love SF.
    Fun to play good graphics
    but when you pay your fee for the game you get like 40% of it.
    You gonna buy every year a new seasson for new characters . its kinda annoying.
  60. Oct 14, 2018
    sf2s (9)
    sfAlphas (8)
    sf3 (7)
    sf4 (6)
    u can guess d next n a progresiv dcliv /misses d art dn creativity n a sad way
  61. Oct 9, 2019
    O jogo é bom. Está otimizado (em 2019), tem muitos modos e muitos jogadores. Só que é aí que mora o maior problema: é preciso desbloquear uns 80% dos personagens pra poder jogar, e isso custa a bagatela de 100k (fight money) cada! E vc ganha uns 50 por luta ganha, forçando a pessoa a comprar com dinheiro real.Personagens clássicos como Blanca, E-Honda, Guile, Sagat, Akuma, etc, todosO jogo é bom. Está otimizado (em 2019), tem muitos modos e muitos jogadores. Só que é aí que mora o maior problema: é preciso desbloquear uns 80% dos personagens pra poder jogar, e isso custa a bagatela de 100k (fight money) cada! E vc ganha uns 50 por luta ganha, forçando a pessoa a comprar com dinheiro real.Personagens clássicos como Blanca, E-Honda, Guile, Sagat, Akuma, etc, todos precisam ser desbloeados. Pagamos full price no jogo e ele vem com menos da metade dos lutadores. Lamentável. Expand
  62. Jan 15, 2020
    Most important here is gameplay and the mechanic sucks. blocking shold be a button not going backwards, there should also be simple combos into special moves like mortal kombat. there should also be alot more mechanics into the fighting in general. the entire game is based on way too simple movement, and people just goes for characters that can be played in the most coward ways. theMost important here is gameplay and the mechanic sucks. blocking shold be a button not going backwards, there should also be simple combos into special moves like mortal kombat. there should also be alot more mechanics into the fighting in general. the entire game is based on way too simple movement, and people just goes for characters that can be played in the most coward ways. the trophies are too grindy. soo the entire game is a **** disaster! i hate it!
    The graphics are bad, the characters looks ugly compared too older games. skins are not good enough. they should learn from netherralms development and its ability too try something new with the same iconic characters! streetfighter is maybe a fun offline game, but you have too consider the game as whole. and in that way it sucks!
  63. Apr 18, 2019
    veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bad game

haha jk its ok
  64. Feb 25, 2020
    Street Fighter 5 suffers from typical modern day fighting game tropes( balance changes in patches, DLC characters being OP) But its biggest let down is how it has no identity. Overall poorly designed, but a little fun to play for what it is. Hopefully SF6 is much better and more like SF4
  65. Aug 4, 2019
    Weakest entry to the series, possibly even weaker than Street Fighter 4. The combat seems dumbed down in all the wrong ways, the top tiers have tools other characters can only dream of having, let alone deal with, and the game just feels like it accentuates too much offense, and not enough other variations of play. There are a variety of modes with this update, but you could have 100Weakest entry to the series, possibly even weaker than Street Fighter 4. The combat seems dumbed down in all the wrong ways, the top tiers have tools other characters can only dream of having, let alone deal with, and the game just feels like it accentuates too much offense, and not enough other variations of play. There are a variety of modes with this update, but you could have 100 modes, if the core gameplay just isn't there, what is the point? Expand
  66. Jun 22, 2019
    What did i get for my money this time? And how many more i need to spend to play game i bought for full price when only 30% is unlocked? Its 30% of a game this time
  67. Aug 6, 2019
    Just like street fighter is supposed to be, hard to learn, hard to master, you really need to learn a few combos,thankfully, conbos are very satisfying.
  68. Jun 25, 2019
    This game is just trash!! Capcom failed big time with this game smh.. The pros only play it for the money.
  69. Sep 1, 2019
    Por que tienen que poner todos los personajes alternos a la plantilla regular pagando? Por que capcom? Si se dijera que son personajes nuevos... pero no! Blanka, balrog, guile, sagat.... dlc de pago.... es en serio? Y a mi que me encantan los street fighters. Eso me dolio.
  70. Dec 1, 2019
    A very fun fighting game full of replayability and memorable characters! A must-play for any fighting game fan.
  71. Oct 4, 2019
    This game is terrible. After you purchase it they place ads every time you select a character for some European brand that is equivalent to Target. If you think you would like to compete with your friend, be prepared to see ads for underwear before every match. The company thinks that they are in the business of selling trash to people who paid to play a game. My hope is that the CEO,This game is terrible. After you purchase it they place ads every time you select a character for some European brand that is equivalent to Target. If you think you would like to compete with your friend, be prepared to see ads for underwear before every match. The company thinks that they are in the business of selling trash to people who paid to play a game. My hope is that the CEO, Kenzo Tsujimoto, starts to take responsibility for actions of this company. There are better USA based companies, stop giving these people your money when they treat you like garbage. It is sad because I loved this franchise but they just see me as someone who wants to buy underwear from the Japanese K-mart.

Don't waste your money on this game. Go play Fortnite instead. At least they don't make you watch underwear commercials just to select your character.
  72. Oct 29, 2019
    the series is good but this one unfortunately is bad , i bought a full game so what is the need to buy players also .
  73. Dec 2, 2019
    Street Fighter V é horrível, mesmo na Arcade Edition, o fato de vc ter q pagar 30 reais para obter um grupo de 6/5 personagens é algo absurdo e o único jeito de obter um personagem de forma individual é com Fight Money (FM), pela baixa quantia de 100.000 FM e sem as cores extras e o traje. Ganhar FM é chato e demorado. A história Geral é chata, repetitiva e mal feita, já no começo você vêStreet Fighter V é horrível, mesmo na Arcade Edition, o fato de vc ter q pagar 30 reais para obter um grupo de 6/5 personagens é algo absurdo e o único jeito de obter um personagem de forma individual é com Fight Money (FM), pela baixa quantia de 100.000 FM e sem as cores extras e o traje. Ganhar FM é chato e demorado. A história Geral é chata, repetitiva e mal feita, já no começo você vê que a campanha vai ser horrível, e não é só a história geral, as histórias individuais também são assim. Em questão de design de personagens, as personagens femininas são extremamente sexualizadas como por exemplo a Laura, que usa uma bermuda Jeans tão curta q mais parece uma calcinha de jeans e uma regata q deixa a mostra de parte de seus seios, você tem tambem a cami por exemplo, que usa uma roupa que deixa sua bunda a mostra sem nenhuma necessidade. O online é chato e injusto, fazendo pessoas que estão no ranking Rookie lutarem comtra quem é Diamond, algo que não deveria acontecer, isso faz com que novos jogadores não consigam ter uma boa experiência nas rankeds e casuais, os obrigando a procurarem um saguão de batalha rookie. Além de todos esses problemas Street Fighter V Arcade Edition tem menos personagem que Ultra Street Fighter IV... Resumo: Street Fighter V Arcada Edition não vale a pena e é horrível em vários aspectos Expand
  74. Feb 3, 2020
    50/50 grabs vs attacks. Slow gameplay. Lagswitch competition. Broken netcode. They nickel and dime you, the whole game is pretty much microtransactions
  75. Feb 23, 2020
    Still laggy without any of my favorite characters. Staying exclusive on PlayStation and nerfing anyone who had been good in other games like Juri and Ibuki, this late I to the series is not acceptable. This game can barely play online and neglected to create a ps4 pro patch as well. Also being covered in advertising for something that has been paid for along with over priced dlc everyStill laggy without any of my favorite characters. Staying exclusive on PlayStation and nerfing anyone who had been good in other games like Juri and Ibuki, this late I to the series is not acceptable. This game can barely play online and neglected to create a ps4 pro patch as well. Also being covered in advertising for something that has been paid for along with over priced dlc every inch of the way for let down seasons after left down season. This game is just a giant let down. Expand
  76. Sep 14, 2020
    Street Fighter V is one of the best games with a amazing competitive scene, amazing online, updated game, and new characters every couple months
  77. May 29, 2020
    This is the gaming equivalent of a Hollywood 'remake' that nobody asked for. Think Robocop 2014, but with no technological advancement over its predecessor. If you missed SF2-4, then go and play them - they're cheap (sometimes free!) and much better. If you're bored of those games, then you haven't really played them. If you're capcom - congrats on the 30 years of awesome Steet FighterThis is the gaming equivalent of a Hollywood 'remake' that nobody asked for. Think Robocop 2014, but with no technological advancement over its predecessor. If you missed SF2-4, then go and play them - they're cheap (sometimes free!) and much better. If you're bored of those games, then you haven't really played them. If you're capcom - congrats on the 30 years of awesome Steet Fighter games you made - how about you remake Final Fight next time? plenty of dead horses to flog and I don't think there's anything left to flog of this one. Expand
  78. Jun 22, 2020
    arcade edition is pretty nice and fun, maybe a bit too late but its a good game
  79. Sep 26, 2021
    I can see the appeal, but I can't bring myself to enjoy it.
    I can see the appeal, but I can't bring myself to enjoy it.
    I've generally been more of an airdasher enthusiast when it comes to fighting games, but SFV has intrigued me for quite a while, so I figured I'd pick it up, and I have to say, I do completely understand the appeal it has. The footsies in this game are second to none when it comes to the current generation of fighting games, and it lends itself to a really calculating moment to moment decisionmaking process, as you navigate one another's hitboxes, and attempt to set up spacing traps for the sweet counterhit confirms. That said, the netcode is certainly issue, and markedly impacted my enjoyment of the game. There were a lot of matches that were borderline unplayable, even on a wired connection with only the best connections being accepted, which was exacerbated by the relative sluggishness of a lot of the characters. The poor netcode, combined with the input lag and the slow nature of a lot of anti-air options, made dealing with netcode jump-ins a total nightmare. It felt awful to have some games where my opponent and I were on great connections, and were able to enjoy that solid footsies core, but most of the time I was essentially guessing how many times the opponent was going to jump in, as any attempt to stuff out this barebones option was just too slow to come out on reaction. The same goes for throws. I felt as though even though I had reacted that the throw was out, a lot of times the combined input lag would be such that i'd get thrown before my tech could come out. This even happened late into some of my predictions too, not just the reactions.
    Netcode aside, I didn't really appreciate how minimal the movement options were in this game. Even the characters with less movement options felt pretty limited in terms of what they were capable of. Movement has always been a huge part of why I enjoy fighting games, hence why I'm drawn to airdashers like Melty and Gear, so to not have that wealth of options just didn't sit right with me.
    Overall, I get what the fuss is about, and I'm glad i gave the game a shot, but I think I'll stick to more fast-paced fighters for now.
  80. Aug 5, 2021
    This is the game that killed street fighter for me! Street fighter 5 is a glorified rock, paper, scissor game that panders to the brain dead masses and feeds on microtransactions. If you want to pay extra money after purchase for fixing a broken game then sure be an idiot. I remember street fighter was about actual skill whereas this game is about random chance and squeezing every lastThis is the game that killed street fighter for me! Street fighter 5 is a glorified rock, paper, scissor game that panders to the brain dead masses and feeds on microtransactions. If you want to pay extra money after purchase for fixing a broken game then sure be an idiot. I remember street fighter was about actual skill whereas this game is about random chance and squeezing every last dollar from you. A monumental fall from grace for scamcom and an insult to street fighter. Expand
  81. Dec 4, 2021
    Simplesmente um lixo completo. Querem obrigar a gastar para ter OS PERSONAGENS MAIS BASICOS DA FRANQUIA. Nem no modo arcade você ganha a droga do dinheiro no jogo para liberar algum personagem. É simplesmente inaceitável e se eles desejam essas péssima experiência para seus jogadores, então eu desejo tudo de ruim pra eles. : )
  82. Jul 9, 2022
    No other game has ever disappointed me so much. Donation wash. I used to love Capcom products as a kid. Now I despise her. I won't buy another game from them. I have this series associated with something pleasant from childhood. Now I hate Capcom for what they did to the series. Do not buy their products, they have already completely beguiled the coast from greed.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 36 Critic Reviews

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Feb 26, 2018
    This newer, stronger, much more enjoyable Street Fighter V may well be the best entry in the whole iconic series. [March 2018, p.96]
  2. Feb 26, 2018
    Judging purely on the current state of Street Fighter V, with the new additions and inclusion of the season 1 and 2 characters in the Arcade Edition, it is most certainly one of the must-own fighting games on the market right now. The arcade mode is enough to warrant anyone picking up this game, even if it has arrived far too late. The FM changes are unfortunate, but the biggest peeve is that Arcade Edition itself is an extremely limited package, since everything here, barring the previous DLC characters, are free updates for owners of the original. The least Capcom could have done is put a few extra costumes and stages in there, because otherwise, the only reason to pick this up is if you don’t already have SFV and want a cheap way of buying the game and its first two character packs. SFV will have plenty more years in it, but being so tight and not turning this release into a current ultimate edition is disappointing, even if it’s not surprising.
  3. Feb 20, 2018
    While I’m glad we finally got the Arcade mode SFV players always wanted, I’m left wondering who’s going to purchase this repackaged title. Those already in possession of the game get the updates for free, and I’m guessing that anyone who wanted to be competitive already bought it long ago. Those not interested in going online now have something to chew on with Arcade, but it pales in comparison to what other, more offline-friendly titles are doing. Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is definitely a better package than Street Fighter V was at launch, but it still feels like it has a way to go.