7.0

1. Sep 3, 2016
    This game is damn fun and impressive.
    Controls with gamepad responds very well.
    There are solo campaign mode and 6 multiplayer game modes.

Frame Rate is excellent, 60 fps 1080p.
  2. Aug 30, 2016
    Finally a really fun well made space ship shooter with fluent controls that are verry responsive. The hit detection is also well done like i was able to spot small gap to squeeze under and didn't scratch my ship Epic stuff. The add of story mode to the game give us a story that was once missing with fun characters and level design. In multiplayer you earn exp and can customise your shipFinally a really fun well made space ship shooter with fluent controls that are verry responsive. The hit detection is also well done like i was able to spot small gap to squeeze under and didn't scratch my ship Epic stuff. The add of story mode to the game give us a story that was once missing with fun characters and level design. In multiplayer you earn exp and can customise your ship colour and more besides. This is the space ship shooter we have all been waiting for trust me when i say this games a work of art ! Expand
  3. Sep 15, 2016
    Love this game. Finally a good space shooter on PS4. Fast and arcade controls make playing this game pretty easy. Not the best looking game but it is OK. Single player could have been better. Multiplayer is sparsely populated but the matches can be filled in with competent AI. Great deal at $15.
  4. Sep 3, 2016
    If you're like me and wonder, where the hell did the space shooter genre go, then look no further. Strike Vector EX is the kind of game I've been wanting for quite a while now. So how does it do?

At it's core it's a arcade style, multiplayer, arena, twitch shooter.... with anime inspired spaceships (I'm thinking Macros). It's extremely fast paced and requires sharp reflexes and a lot of control pad dexterity. You control a spaceship (Vector) that has two modes of flight. The first mode is a speed mode that feels like flying in the traditional sense, bank left, bank right, up and down, all while traveling forward at great speed. The second is a hover mode that allows more precise shooting while still allowing for some movement. It's a great combination of mobility that is, to my knowledge, unique to this game.

Your offensive weapons consist of the traditional machine guns (low damage, fast fire rate), rocket launchers (high damage, slow fire rate), shotguns (high damage, short range), and many more types that you will want to experiment with for yourself. They all feel satisfying to use an lend themselves well to individual play styles. Obviously, in competitive play some setups are more successful than others. You also get to outfit your ship with a special activated ability e.g invisibility, repair or mines. There is also a separate passive upgrade that will enhance a certain characteristic of your ship, e.g more armour, faster speed or stealth weapons.

The arenas are just the right size and well designed for long and short range battles. Each arena has plenty of pickups to restore your ships health or reduce the cool down on special abilities. The developers seem to have put a lot of thought into how you might use the environment to your advantage by ducking behind cover for protection or to lay an ambush and out manoeuvre your opponent.

I feel I should also give a mention to the campaign (as in there is one), but really the meat of the game is in the multiplayer. You can expect the usual modes, team death match, free for all, capture and control, etc....

Sounds promising so far right! Well here's where things start to get a little discouraging. A game like this lives and dies by it's multiplayer. And as of the time of this review it's been a mixed experience for me. Connection issues have been varied and there are some weird choices that the developers have implemented that really need addressing. First, there is no auto team balancing. You have to manually switch teams to even the sides. What's that all about? It's been incredibly frustrating to jump into a game where there are four human players against one human player (usually me) and three bots. Second, there is no host migration! Really? That's right friends, a rage quitting host can destroy a great game for everyone. Finally, there is no way that I have discovered to browse for better connections. It seems that once you connect to a host you will always connect to that host. Even if you drop out of the game and restart. Frustratingly, this does not mean that you are even getting the best host for your connection, it just seems to lock you in to that one person.

Overall this game shows a lot of promise and, refreshingly, respect for the players. An example of this is that all of the weapons and ship upgrades are open to you from the beginning of the game. You don't have to grind for hours just to unlock a new gun or perk. In practice this means that everyone is on an equal footing right from the start. It shows that the developers want to focus on the skill of the player rather than who can grind their way to the OP weapons fastest. Now that I like. This game could have easily exploited DLC or micro transactions but it didn't. That earns extra points from me.

Now go and patch those connection and team balancing issues and you've got an almost perfect package on your hands.

This is a great game that deserves to do well so that we can see an even better sequel. You buy now!
  5. Sep 3, 2016
    I was a bit disappointed that the game doesn't show up on PC, since it's where it comes from. But the new campaign and the featured all new AI has stepped up the game quite high. And needless to say that the transition to the UE4 is drop dead gorgeous and i heard they had to rebuild the game from scratch just for that.

If concessions has been made for the console port about controls and

If concessions has been made for the console port about controls and gameplay, the game is still a lot of fun and pretty hard. We need more challenging games like this nowadays, like, really. No fly assist, no aim assist, just you, your ride and a bunch of guns and rockets. Let the better pilot not be blown up in mid air.
  6. Jun 30, 2017
    One of the greatest surprises I had in the PS4, gameplay is excellent and makes you feel like Tom Cruise in Top Gun. The campaign and challenges are both great additions and each does their job in preparing you to get into the multiplayer guns blazing. 10/10
  7. Oct 23, 2017
    frenetico, fluido, adictivo, un diseño de niveles inteligente y con una sensacion de velocidad unica.
    Una formula arcade que refresca ante la escasa variedad de opciones en shooters de naves

Generally favorable reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 20, 2016
    I really like what Strike Vector EX does — the ships look great, it feels good to fly around in the world (when not hovering, anyway) and dogfighting games aren’t as common as they used to be. The developers are onto something good here, and I hope Ragequit continues on this track — maybe a sequel with a bigger focus on the campaign next time?
  2. Sep 12, 2016
    Strike Vector EX pulled on a lot of nostalgic heartstrings for me, and it was a refreshing experience.
  3. Sep 7, 2016
    Strike Vector EX is a small game with a lot of heart. While the campaign is sub-par and it doesn’t offer the depth or longevity or other titles, what’s there is fun, fast, and wild. Released at a discount price, this is definitely a game to rope one or two friends into buying with you so you can always have a wingman (or nemesis) on call on and seed some multiplayer action.