7.3

1. Dec 18, 2014
    As a lover of both baseball and video games, I am so happy to see a new title in the genre that is easy to learn and, most of all, very *fun* to play. It has a cool arcade-y look, but there is a very solid baseball simulation when you get into actual game play. Perhaps most importantly to me, the game has a very wide difficulty range which can be set separately for each user. This has beenAs a lover of both baseball and video games, I am so happy to see a new title in the genre that is easy to learn and, most of all, very *fun* to play. It has a cool arcade-y look, but there is a very solid baseball simulation when you get into actual game play. Perhaps most importantly to me, the game has a very wide difficulty range which can be set separately for each user. This has been fabulous because I can now play the game with or against my 9 year old son and 11 year old daughter and it is fair and balanced for all. Great job by the developers! Expand
  2. Dec 19, 2014
    This game was made with love. There is an assumption of how arcade baseball games control that has been passed down from RBI Baseball on the NES that Super Mega Baseball said we can do it better. It takes a veteran of arcade baseball games like Baseball Stars some getting used to but once the controls click it is sublime. The 100 levels of difficulty (yes 100 levels of difficulty) is bothThis game was made with love. There is an assumption of how arcade baseball games control that has been passed down from RBI Baseball on the NES that Super Mega Baseball said we can do it better. It takes a veteran of arcade baseball games like Baseball Stars some getting used to but once the controls click it is sublime. The 100 levels of difficulty (yes 100 levels of difficulty) is both a pro and con. Pro is that it scales automatically from doing everything for you to minute control of everything that is actually more complicated than Sony's The Show. Great if you want to play your 6 year old daughter so each of you can have a different level and play each other. The con is that the difficultly level is arbitrary and it will take some experimenting to find the right level and you can't do things like set the field to manual and the hitting to auto assist. The looks are cartoony and OK but it really needs a MLB license. You can progress a career mode and do lots of customization but it will still never make it as fun as striking out A-Rod virtually. This is what the new R.B.I. Baseball should have been instead of that turd that was released by the MLB. Expand
  3. Dec 22, 2014
    This is what RBI baseball should have been. I am a huge fan of the show, but it's nice to have a baseball game that is easy to pick up and play and not have to invest an hour into playing one game. I love mlb the show, but it's just sickening how big sites like IGN spent weeks covering that game, and they have yet to put up a review on this game and a lot of people are going to miss thisThis is what RBI baseball should have been. I am a huge fan of the show, but it's nice to have a baseball game that is easy to pick up and play and not have to invest an hour into playing one game. I love mlb the show, but it's just sickening how big sites like IGN spent weeks covering that game, and they have yet to put up a review on this game and a lot of people are going to miss this and not get the chance to play one of the most fun and unique sports games to come out on the new systems. Expand
  4. Dec 19, 2014
    For a quick casual couch play nothing can beat this game. Super fun with a lot of depth to up the challenge as your skill improves. A definite must have!
  5. Dec 21, 2014
    I think this is a great game. For those that just want to sit down and enjoy a fun game of baseball, either casual or hardcore, you can't go wrong w/ this game. I think they did an excellent job w/ the difficulty setting, game play, graphics, and just the whole presentation of the game.

It has the true spirit of an arcade game in that you accumulate points every game you play and you keep leveling up after achieving so many points, which can then be used to "boost" your players and improve your team throughout your season (which you can decide between playing short or longer seasons).

Overall, just a fun game. And for $20, you can't hardly go wrong.
  6. Dec 17, 2014
    I bought this last night and have played 6 games so far. The game play is extremely fun and fast paced. You can finish a game in 20 minutes. I have been waiting for a fun arcade style baseball game in the style of old the NES games I grew up playing. The graphics are eye-popping and colorful with cartoon looking characters that are very funny. The most revolutionary thing this gameI bought this last night and have played 6 games so far. The game play is extremely fun and fast paced. You can finish a game in 20 minutes. I have been waiting for a fun arcade style baseball game in the style of old the NES games I grew up playing. The graphics are eye-popping and colorful with cartoon looking characters that are very funny. The most revolutionary thing this game does is add a separate arcade score apart from the actual runs scored per game. There is a difficulty slider from 1-99 called Ego, which increases the multiplier of your earned arcade points. This means you lose a game 18-0 and still get a new high score. As odd as it sounds, it makes losing just as fun because you're competing against your top score.

The power swing mechanic is really quite neat. You have to charge your swing and let go of the button press at the perfect time when the meter fills up to 100 as the ball crosses the plate. It's challenging but all the more rewarding. The pitching view is fixed behind the pitcher in single player, which at first I was not wild about. After playing a few games, it grew on me and is very fun and challenging on the higher Ego setting.

My only criticism is the auto-fielding is tied to the Ego setting. I'd really prefer to do my own fielding without any help. As the Ego setting is raise, you get less assistance.... but for me to get no assistance, I have to make the game darned near impossible.
  7. Dec 17, 2014
    For a sport that is drowning in super-realism, Super Mega Baseball brings us all back to the early console days where baseball games felt much more arcade-like and intending on being fun rather than realistic. The art style is similar to the older Backyard Baseball games and the gameplay is a well-tuned mixture of older arcade-style baseball games as well as taking a little from theFor a sport that is drowning in super-realism, Super Mega Baseball brings us all back to the early console days where baseball games felt much more arcade-like and intending on being fun rather than realistic. The art style is similar to the older Backyard Baseball games and the gameplay is a well-tuned mixture of older arcade-style baseball games as well as taking a little from the current-generation.

There are only two ways to play in the game, Exhibition and Season mode, the seasons lasting as long as 48 games and playoffs. It's very disappointing to see the game doesn't have an Online component to it, as the game is more than fun enough to handle 2-player online matches. Hopefully this will be something either added on in later updates or in their next game.

All things considered, it's a solid first attempt at a brand new baseball series. At $19.99 it may seem a little pricey given the small amount of content and no online play, but nevertheless it is a very strong proof of concept and hopefully gets expanded upon in later editions.
  8. Dec 22, 2014
    A fantastic time for any arcade-baseball loving gamer. SMB draws on nostalgic cartoon-like visuals while offering a fairly deep baseball sim. The pitcher-batter interface is very slick and offers plenty of challenge for new and experience gamers. Solid game... It will be fun to see more content added - the only complaint currently is a lack of stadiums (There's only 4)...
  9. Feb 18, 2015
    First off GREAT GAME! I found myself on a lazy Sunday afternoon extremely bored. I went through my cycle of PSN games and came across this big guy. I haven't played sports games in a few years because they always remained the same. I grew tired of the genre with just a few changes each year. This one will surprise you. I wasn't sure if I was going to get over the arcady type feel butFirst off GREAT GAME! I found myself on a lazy Sunday afternoon extremely bored. I went through my cycle of PSN games and came across this big guy. I haven't played sports games in a few years because they always remained the same. I grew tired of the genre with just a few changes each year. This one will surprise you. I wasn't sure if I was going to get over the arcady type feel but I found myself laughing more than it being distracting. Great baseball physics in the game. The pitching simulation is top notch and should be copied by all publishers. It's an easy game to learn and I absolutely love the Ego settings which can be played from 1 Ego to 100 Ego. There is a setting for everyone.

I have played probably close to 150 9 inning games on Mega. Since I'm competitive I play at a pretty high setting yet there is still room for the challenge. Above all, it still hasn't gotten old yet.

Get this game. It's worth every penny you will spend and at $20, you won't find much better for the money.
  10. Jan 18, 2015
    I have to admit it took me a few days to really fall in love with this game. Like most I too missed the days of classic arcade baseball — though I love baseball, the newer MLB games were just too complex. This game is quick to jump in and, even though a little tricky at first, you quickly get used to the flow. The difficulty (mojo) system is great to ease you into the game. And withI have to admit it took me a few days to really fall in love with this game. Like most I too missed the days of classic arcade baseball — though I love baseball, the newer MLB games were just too complex. This game is quick to jump in and, even though a little tricky at first, you quickly get used to the flow. The difficulty (mojo) system is great to ease you into the game. And with multiple upgrades it's quite enjoyable sticking with a team and watching them grow. The graphics for stats and scores are a little too cartoony for my liking, but I've been having a blast playing. Very fast-paced and amusing. Expand
  11. Dec 23, 2014
    What's not to like about this game? Harkens back to the good baseball games of yore. Great graphics, sound, and style. It achieves in everything that RBI 14 fails in. True to the game that is baseball, while offering video gameplay that is immediately accessible and sustains the fun. Ideal for couch pvp.
  12. Jan 8, 2015
    A perfect blend of quick arcade fun with realistic physics and gameplay depth. I find myself playing SMB more often than any other game since I downloaded it in December. This is the best arcade style sports game since RBI Baseball for Nintendo (NOT he awful remake).
  13. Jan 27, 2015
    Pretty decent arcade style baseball game. I like to say almost an nba jam goodtime. Good systems. Good for a game or 2 everyday. Dont like art style but what can ya do. No prob 4 $20.
  14. Nov 23, 2015
    This game is brilliant i can't stop playing it.

This game is brilliant i can't stop playing it.

I was looking for a game similar to NHL hits, NBA street and NBA street Volume 2 but for baseball, While it may not be as deep as these games (no career mode) it is unbelievably fun. The pitching and batting mechanics are brilliant but the real winner is the ego mode. it is BRILLIANT. It gives the game depth, complexity and toughness. With a different ego setting every game will be different.

The second best thing are the teams, they are hilarious. not only does each team have its own specialty (ie. hitting,power,defence pitching) but the players are unique (to a certain extent) and you can fully customize how they look if you arent impressed by Metalhead's creations. With each team having their own strenghts and weakenesses you can really empower them in season mode with coaches.

The coaches are well thought out, you get new ones as you level through the season (these levels carry on to new seasons too!) which give you modifiers on your players. These modifiers change depending on what team you choose and you can't select all the coaches at one time as you are limited by your level (and new one keep appearing as you level up.) There is also an attraction rate, so you are doing well and not firing coaches before the contract expires you can get more and more to choose from.

This game is brilliant, i can't stop playing it, it is 20$ on ps store and just came out with new diamonds in a dlc pack for free. Every PS deserves super mega baseball
  15. May 9, 2016
    This is probably the best baseball game going right now. The games are super fast paced, and with the difficulty increases the replay value is high. As an avid baseball game player I started near level 50 without a ton of trouble, but winning the championship on 80 actually felt like an accomplishment. The customization of players and the stat increases you give them through a "levelThis is probably the best baseball game going right now. The games are super fast paced, and with the difficulty increases the replay value is high. As an avid baseball game player I started near level 50 without a ton of trouble, but winning the championship on 80 actually felt like an accomplishment. The customization of players and the stat increases you give them through a "level up" system is pretty unique and easy to figure out. Another cool feature is that as you level up, your stat increases get better and better to allow you to compete a bit better at the higher levels. (I'm going up to level 90 soon!) I've played about 15 seasons (short medium or long are the options) and am nowhere near bored with this game. I really hope we get another version at some point. The only thing I would ask for in the future would be an all time scoreboard so I could see which teams won the championship each season. Other than that, this game is surprisingly deep with stats for a single season. Great job metalhead software. Expand
  16. Nov 24, 2017
    Thumbs up. Great game . Looking forward to the nextThumbs up. Great game . Looking forward to the next game.8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 Expand

1. May 12, 2015
    Despite being incredibly easy to get into, Super Mega Baseball is built upon an accurate simulation that makes it quick and solid at the same time and places it in the same league as a timeless classic like HardBall!.
  2. Apr 10, 2015
    The thing is, the core game is so good that the lack of such things is far from a dealbreaker. I’d go as far as calling this a must-play for anyone even remotely interested in sports games. You won’t regret it.
  3. Apr 10, 2015
    Super Mega Baseball is one of the best baseball games out at the moment. Sure it may not be a licensed game like The Show, but the gameplay is as good as the official MLB game.