8.1

1. Oct 25, 2019
    Quick review because I'm really enjoying this game. Outer Worlds is the Fallout 4 Bethesda should have gifted us with... but in space. It's charming, whacky and random, which is what I expect for these types of games. It's very much influenced by such games as New Vegas and Kotor, maybe a bit too much, but that really isn't a bad thing. If you like these two games, you'll love Outer Worlds.
  2. Oct 25, 2019
  3. Oct 25, 2019
    Finally a game to help fill the void left by studios like the nowadays awful BioWare. Outer Worlds is highly recommended :).
  4. Jan 20, 2020
    Old school gaming, very well written plot which you are able to drive in the direction you want, interesting levelling system. I enjoyed a lot, the graphics are a little dated, but the environments hold up. Ill buy the DLC and any follow ups though!
  5. Jan 8, 2020
    Good game, not up to hype levels it's surrounded with, because these ideas were fresh like 10 years ago when Fallout 3 and New Vegas were out. Still, good game but little bit dated both technically and graphically
  6. Oct 29, 2019
    Except for some minor annoyances, I will remember this game for some time.

Since this is the generation of nothing really new, except for flashier graphics and lots of remasters, I feel like this game takes elements of so many last gen games and combines to make one heck of a Action RPG / Shooter! 3/4 Fallout New Vegas and remaining 1/4 to BioWare Mass Effect, Borderlands, and a pinch of
    Except for some minor annoyances, I will remember this game for some time.

3/4 Fallout New Vegas and remaining 1/4 to BioWare Mass Effect, Borderlands, and a pinch of Bioshock. Very fun.

Not game for those looking for dedicated shooters
  7. Oct 29, 2019
    (This Review is for the game in Normal mode)
    Outer Worlds brought with it a pack of lovable, well written characters that are fun to engage with through a witty and versatile dialogue system.
    Although limited in quantity, the explorable areas are rich in content and variety and make a great landscape for the numerous quests. I have seen numerous reviews comparing this title to triple A-
    (This Review is for the game in Normal mode)
    I have seen numerous reviews comparing this title to triple A- games and this is were some of its problems seem to stem from: While Outer Worlds is an overall polished game, it Is just not innovative. The story has a lot of parallels to Mass Effect Andromeda (colonists gets stuck in stasis pods while other ships have already frontier a new world but it’s going down the drain), the setting reminded me very much of Borderlands (Corporations rule, Vending Machines define the Market, Half the Population are drug addicted lunatics and/or cannibals) and then there is the obvious connection to Fallout’s Roleplaying aspects. It sounds like a great recipe at first but then one does notice that it’s just already been done before.
    People who wanted Fallout NV in Space will likely not be disappointed, although it should be said that Outer World took over some of Fallout’s flaws with it, as the main story falls flat compared to some of the side quests, there are still some redundant side quests, a relatively low (subjective opinion) level cap at 30 and one needn’t be Nostradamus to figure out what the end choices of a quest will be when you start it.

All in all though, the positive strongly outweighs the bad and the. The world(s) Obsidian created is beautiful and engaging with huge role-playing capabilities and the game flow-ed like a marble on a half-pipe.
  8. Nov 5, 2019
    I just finished this game and felt compelled to provide a review to help others decide if they want to purchase. In terms of what's great about the game, the story and interactions are extensive and immersive. There is depth in the narrative of the game. The companions all have interesting stories sans Pavarti, for me. I felt it was stretched too far over the story for something that wasI just finished this game and felt compelled to provide a review to help others decide if they want to purchase. In terms of what's great about the game, the story and interactions are extensive and immersive. There is depth in the narrative of the game. The companions all have interesting stories sans Pavarti, for me. I felt it was stretched too far over the story for something that was pretty frivolous. The environments all felt pretty unique. If you like the old Fallout games, particularly (and obviously) New Vegas, you'll really feel at home. In retrospect, the length (on the shorter side) actually didn't bother me. On reflecting, it was just right where it didn't feel like I was grinding and killing time. Compare this to the most recent Assassin's Creed games. They were so big that there was a lot of grind and that started to mess with the story. You lose track of it. I thought the combat mechanics were well done. For these types of titles, this was the best gun play I've gone through. It's akin to a top FPS game. Well done. I didn't get into the Melee so can't speak to that. I was strictly ranged.

The bad? It's been said but the graphics feel dated for a AAA title. The Fallout/Elder Scrolls FPS engine just feels more cartoonish animated. I think Ubisoft is doing the best "world" graphics with Far Cry and Assassin's Creed with the latter being the most photo realistic. Far Cry is a little more cartoony but it feels real. I know these are alien planets but they feel more 2D than 3D and the design and color choices just feel like they could have done a lot more with them. The cities and ships are the best part, graphically. Also, I felt like the companions could have had more depth and clarity in terms of how they should be built and combined. They didn't seem to have as many unique perks and you couldn't necessarily tell what their specialties were...at least I missed it until I looked on the internet.

In many respects, this game is almost a "vintage" release. It truly plays and looks like a FPS RPG from the 2000s but with some modern day polish and sheen. Almost like if they had decided to make Fallout New Vegas Remastered. The environments are more contained like God of War 4 or Shadow of the Tomb Raider but there is less exploring and achievements. You're better off to follow the story. It has nowhere near the depth of an Open World game where you can just kill time exploring and discovering cool stuff. Take it for what it is and relish in what it does well and I think you will really enjoy the game.
  9. Oct 31, 2019
    Finally, a Fallout-killing experience! I haven’t purchased a Fallout since 4, even skipping New Vegas, and I thankfully was spared the trash heap that is 76. Outer Worlds is a bit too short and the anti-capitalism silliness is a bit too much for me, so that’s why it’s an 8/10. Still, one of the best games in this genre I’ve played in a while.
  10. Oct 30, 2019
    Only 10 hours in but a thoroughly engaging rpg that prioritises character interaction over combat in such an interesting way, you can't help but enjoy yourself
  11. Oct 30, 2019
    While this game isn't an ever expansive open world game where you can find yourself exploring and completing side quests for over 100 hours, it is a well crafted and detailed smaller world with much thought and care put into most interactions and the consequences of your choices. This leads to a 30-40 hpur experience with refreshing freedom of choice and enticing prospects for replayingWhile this game isn't an ever expansive open world game where you can find yourself exploring and completing side quests for over 100 hours, it is a well crafted and detailed smaller world with much thought and care put into most interactions and the consequences of your choices. This leads to a 30-40 hpur experience with refreshing freedom of choice and enticing prospects for replaying various scenarios. Expand
  12. Oct 30, 2019
    Hot damn this is great. A little repetitive if you are a grinder like me. i wish that there were some small changes like 3rd person perspective or keeping your gun holstered when talkin to folks but thats just me. If youre on XBL you can literally play this for like 2 dollars with the pass think fast

Edit: the pass will go back up to 14 a month take advantage
  13. Nov 3, 2019
    The Outer Worlds is a great game at holding over anyone's thirst for a new Bethesda game. A new IP with some great writing and RPG systems. It's an enjoyable ride through space with your fellow companions
  14. Nov 5, 2019
    Absolute best action RPG from this generation of consoles. Gunplay is pretty good, the actual RPG elements are a bit simplified but still enjoyable and the loot is fantastic. Fantastic game, couldn't recommend enough.
  15. Nov 6, 2019
    Great game. Whoever is saying this isn't Fallout is just wrong. This is pretty much Fallout 1 and 2, but in first person, which is a very good thing. The humor, the multiple ways of solving quests and a feeling of true impact of your actions, it's all Fallout 1 and 2 all over again.

The good: very well written, in terms of story and characters. Situations are not black and white, nor are the characters you encounter. (spoiler ahead) As an example, the first bad guy you encounter is actually not bad at all. Dialog and voice acting are on point. The game makes it seem as if your actions matter. The character creation is simple, but inspired.

The bad: I'm not a fan of the art style and color palette, though I guess that's just taste. The game is too short.

In the end, a game whose worst flaw is that it's too short is a good thing. I just want more of it.
  16. Oct 28, 2019
    This game is exactly what I hoped it would be. A real space RPG with a colorful cast and a wicked sense of humor. Gameplay is really enjoyable and it's easy to get lost in it for hours.
  17. Nov 10, 2019
    Went into the game expecting mediocre. Glad i didn't listen to mixed reviews. This game is awesome. The gunplay is great, speeches with NPCs are awesome, teammates are great. Obsidian , you did it again. Hoping for a sequel. The only thing that i didn't like are the graphics. What about the graphics you say ? the grass, flowers and trees are too neon.
  18. Oct 30, 2019
    Игра божественная! Поиграть стоит всем фанатам жанра.
  19. Oct 29, 2019
    Great game! Really oldschool in 3D. It played like Fallout in his best times.
  20. Oct 29, 2019
    This game is an absolute blast, the world building, the combat, the characters, the writing, all amazing. The world reactivity is astounding, a reference a character made to one of the earlier jobs I took made the world feel alive, plus the humor in the reference was funny enough to almost make me piss myself. 9/10, if you like sci-fi rpgs, BUY THIS GAME.
  21. Oct 30, 2019
    An AA game that teaches big and incompetent companies a lesson, this is The Outer Worlds. This work by Obsidian and Fallout's original creators is not about doing anything exaggerated, but it's the simplicity and quality of the simple that makes Outer Worlds stand out. A real RPG, this is Outer Worlds, with choices and consequences, captivating characters, a world that really reacts toAn AA game that teaches big and incompetent companies a lesson, this is The Outer Worlds. This work by Obsidian and Fallout's original creators is not about doing anything exaggerated, but it's the simplicity and quality of the simple that makes Outer Worlds stand out. A real RPG, this is Outer Worlds, with choices and consequences, captivating characters, a world that really reacts to you, with a player driven story and all the aspects that make an RPG, an RPG, like attributes, skills , weaknesses etc. It is noteworthy that all these characteristics affect your interaction with other characters as well as your interaction with the world. Don't be fooled by the hateful criticism of some, Outer Worlds is an awesome RPG, but remember it's an RPG, so if you don't like RPGs, I mean real RPGs, don't play, otherwise have fun with this game. Expand
  22. Oct 30, 2019
    The game is beautifully blended cross between Fallout New Vegas and something to be desired from RPG of the current age. You have no reason not to pick this game up and beat it
  23. Oct 30, 2019
    If you've enjoyed Fallout New Vegas, you like well written dialogue and/or you're looking for an RPG that won't consume hundreds of hours of your life, this game is certainly something for you.
  24. Oct 30, 2019
    Enjoed the game the humor this is more than fallout could ever give, not talking about new vegas.
  25. Oct 31, 2019
    ((Notice) currently not done yet. But sick with the flu, so have been playing the last 5 days)

In short the game feels like Fallout ( 3, NV, 4) and Mass Effect had a child. And I'm loving it. The story is interesting and the dialogue hides some rather funny moments. Combat feels great. But what I love most is the exploring. There are some minor glitches, but I guess they will easily be

There are some minor glitches, but I guess they will easily be patched soon. There are some major choices to be made, and you get a feel for how it effects the Universe. How much exactly, I have yet to see. While it feels odd giving the game a ten, ( it makes the impression it's the best thing ever), I simply can't think of anything really negative about the game as of yet.
  26. Oct 31, 2019
    Games great for a >AA< title. Believe me it's no AAA title like Fallout. Good for Obsidian's first title that isn't riding Fallout's coattails, and engine. This game is nothing like Fallout so idk why these Fallout ****boys are comparing it to Fallout 4, which was a trash game like 76. And did I mention this is a AA title which means it got less funding than Fallout 4.
  27. Oct 31, 2019
    The game excels in what Obsidian does best but the smaller scale and limited budget keeps it from achieving absolute greatness.
  28. Oct 31, 2019
    Can’t put the game down. It’s a little eerie at times bc the ai don’t interact with the environment much but it’s super fun. I have enjoyed this much more than fallout 4 so far.
  29. Nov 1, 2019
    Прекрасная игра! Красивый и увлекательный мир, разнообразная прокачка персонажа, хорошие квесты. В игру просто интересно играть и исследовать мир! Всем любителям фантастики играть обязательно!
  30. Nov 1, 2019
    this game is exactly what i think many have been looking for, great looking environments a mix of non linear and linear storytelling, interesting social and political themes. but, gun play is rather standard and time dilation seems to be really really strong. the rpg elements can seem somewhat basic if you look at the skills but if you look at the sheer amount of ways you can completethis game is exactly what i think many have been looking for, great looking environments a mix of non linear and linear storytelling, interesting social and political themes. but, gun play is rather standard and time dilation seems to be really really strong. the rpg elements can seem somewhat basic if you look at the skills but if you look at the sheer amount of ways you can complete quests, those criticisms don't really bother me.

buuuuuuttttt, the criticism this game gets is abit unusual as it mostly boils down to "0 out of 10, bethesdas better, fallout 4 has better gun play and its a man hating game for sjw's" like what? i can understand the better gunplay (because it does) but people saying that the enemies dont react when hit clearly hasn't gotten their guns skill over 20. also, in the first planet (light spoilers) the leader of edgewater is seen as bad and the leader of the deserters is seen as a vengeful women who wants to keep her group pure, yes shes into eugentics. im not joking, shes a women in a game whos into eugenics where apparently its sjw and man hating, dude this game just straight up hates everyone.
  31. Nov 1, 2019
    Hands down one of the beat rpg’s in a while, it’s a shame it couldn’t last longer.
  32. Nov 1, 2019
    this game is hard to go wrong with and for a lot of different people it will fill different holes left by fallout and such
  33. Nov 1, 2019
    Simply the best first person action RPG we have seen in a while. Must buy if fan of fallout.
  34. Nov 1, 2019
    I just finished my first game. It was what i wanted but shorter then i would like. I cant wait to replay it and hope they will make DLC.
  35. Nov 2, 2019
    It reminds me greatly of the original Fallout games for PC way back in the day. The game is stuffed with lore, the setting is farcical to an extreme and the scope of the adventure is fairly large on saving the population but the area is kinda small. It's concise and dense with passable combat and interesting characters and a lot of deadpan humor with great voicework along with greatIt reminds me greatly of the original Fallout games for PC way back in the day. The game is stuffed with lore, the setting is farcical to an extreme and the scope of the adventure is fairly large on saving the population but the area is kinda small. It's concise and dense with passable combat and interesting characters and a lot of deadpan humor with great voicework along with great visuals. I highly recommend for anyone that played those classics or wants some more RPG goodness. I know this is mostly the same word for word as my review for it on Xbox One but it's the same game for crying out loud. Expand
  36. Nov 2, 2019
    круто то что надо для хорошего настроения и весёлых поседндок с доузяимсррпои
  37. Nov 2, 2019
    I love it, I haven't been so happy with a single player rpg for a long time. I hope Obsydian will.contiune with this title so we can dive into Outer Worlds universe again in the future.
  38. Nov 2, 2019
    Fantastic game. What Fallout should of been like. Didn’t think I would like it as I much but definitely one of the best games I’ve played this year. Hoping they’ll be DLC too.
  39. Nov 2, 2019
    If you love fallout* games (I'm not talking about f76) it's autobuy game for you. I'm not able to skip any side quest as I'm really enjoying doing each of them!! So far I can't say any bad word about outer world :) buy it now!!!
  40. Nov 2, 2019
    Great entry to the fallout genre. Notice I say genre and not series. Outer world's included many of fallouts best elements like complex dialog and choice based story line, skill progression and pickpocketing :), but is a new series in its own right. New characters and storyline leave this game feeling fresh and exciting. A few quirks to be had, for example the inventory UI needs work andGreat entry to the fallout genre. Notice I say genre and not series. Outer world's included many of fallouts best elements like complex dialog and choice based story line, skill progression and pickpocketing :), but is a new series in its own right. New characters and storyline leave this game feeling fresh and exciting. A few quirks to be had, for example the inventory UI needs work and UI in general needs work. Other than that, awesome writing as expected from obsidian games, great⚡ combat system and weapon system. Good stat and upgrade system. Reallt fun game that I've already poured all my free time into!! I recommend! Expand
  41. Nov 3, 2019
    The game is super. Plot, sound, picture... everything is at the highest level. Recommend.
  42. Nov 4, 2019
    O Game é excelente tras elementos de fallout mas com sua propria essência
  43. Nov 5, 2019
    The Outer Worlds is what Fallout should have evolved into. Obsidian has hit it out of the ballpark with a gorgeous game featuring a stellar story with engaging dialogue, beautiful environments, and fluid, enjoyable combat. The game has New Vegas story vibes with Mass Effect style combat. A must have for any RPG fan!
  44. Nov 5, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is amazing................................................................................ Expand
  45. Nov 6, 2019
    All that we needed since the release of fallout new vegas is in this game. The environment, the original gameplay, the sound acting are all perfect. Aside from the main story, everything about this game is perfect.
  46. Nov 8, 2019
    Put simply it's everything that you wanted Fallout 4 and 76 to be. It's a fantastic new world in it's own right too and a joy to play through for fans who enjoy this genre of game. Obsidian are the good guys of the gaming world right now!
  47. Nov 8, 2019
    It's a fantastic game. This is the type of RPG we have been missing over the last few years Thanks Obsidian.
  48. Nov 9, 2019
    Videojuego realizado con mimo, los escenarios son muy bonitos. Para mi gusto la historia principal es corta aunque es divertido realizar las misiones secundarias.
  49. Nov 9, 2019
    This is a wonderful game but it is not without its flaws.
    I have been a huge fan of Obsidian since its inception and they are a master class of the RPG developer. The Outer Worlds is filled with charm and is clearly the spiritual successor to FONV which is one of my favorite games of all time.
    This is a wonderful game but it is not without its flaws.
    The Presentation, while a little robotic at times, is quite good. The animations can be definitely be stiff but the voice acting and writingis absolutely top notch. Better than almost any game I've played this generation.
    That being said, the gameplay has a few issues. the character abilities, while a nice touch, can be a bit intrusive to the flow of gun fights. They absolutely have a purpose and have saved my ass on too many occasions (I play on hard mode), but the animation should not have to play every time. Perhaps if they implemented a system where it only does the animation if it is going to kill the last enemy in the vicinity. I find that would make it more meaningful than to play the animation every 10 seconds (use the abilities as much as you can!)

Unfortunately, the game also suffers from a few too many loading screens, but I understand Obsidian was working on a really tight budget and they had to cut corners where they could.

I think that this entry in the genre is a safe play. They did not do anything out of the ordinary, but what they did create here is a beautiful, charming, fun game made with passion.
    If they can take this game and expand on some ideas, I have a really positive outlook for a potential sequel.

Kudos to Obsidian, they deserve all the praise in the world for the things they are able to accomplish in short time spans/tight budgets.
  50. Nov 9, 2019
    I played the 3rd fallout and I liked it a lot so I decided to watch some reviews and gameplay and is really good so I'm thinking of buying it is just kinda similar just in space
  51. Nov 9, 2019
    This is a good game that is fun and immersive. The environments look fantastic on PS4 Pro, despite the game running on the Unreal engine. To me, the theme is sort of like Borderlands meets Fallout. The weapons are all branded by different corporations, have different damage types, etc. in a way that’s similar to BL2. There are vending machine vendors. It’s a Space Western with funnyThis is a good game that is fun and immersive. The environments look fantastic on PS4 Pro, despite the game running on the Unreal engine. To me, the theme is sort of like Borderlands meets Fallout. The weapons are all branded by different corporations, have different damage types, etc. in a way that’s similar to BL2. There are vending machine vendors. It’s a Space Western with funny stuff.. Even “The Outer Worlds” sounds like another way of saying “Borderlands”. Was it intentional? The gameplay is more like Fallout, of course. Anyway, there are a few reasons it’s not a 9 or 10: The corporations thing is a bit overdone. It often tries and fails miserably at being funny, but not enough to spoil the game. They could have toned that down a bit and still been quirky or whatever. Another thing is the Unreal engine, which is ancient and at times obvious, particularly with character models. It also effects world size, and other tech limitations. Lastly, some things just look cheap and not well thought out, like “holographic” signage used on walls that is boring and repeated everywhere. There should be more pretty lights and artwork. The game just doesn’t convey a theme as well as Fallout does. It’s a bit inconsistent or lacking at times. Overall though, it’s a new franchise that is off to a good start, a solid and fair 8.5 (which is great!) and I will be looking forward to playing the outer worlds two on PS5! Expand
  52. Nov 11, 2019
    A kick in the face to Bethesda, with a steel plated boot. I couldn’t stop playing.
  53. Nov 1, 2019
    Feels like a deja-vue, and brings up many nostalgic and fond Fallout memories. A very good game in all aspects. Congrats to Obsidian. I just missed the open world feel. But that's really the only small criticism I have
  54. Oct 27, 2019
    This game will scratch your RPG itch that has been left untouched for so many years. The Outer Worlds channels original Fallouts, New Vegas, SW: KOTOR, Mass Effect and the like and covers it with a fresh coat of modern graphics and contemporary systems to make a game that has absolutely no right to exist in the current ecosystem.
  55. Oct 28, 2019
    While The Outer Worlds suffers from its AA budget handicap, it still manages to soar close to the sun having accomplished at its core what many fans of the role-playing genre have been pining since New Vegas or Mass Effect 2, delivering a highly inspired, well-written, fanciful, dynamic rp romp worthy of the Obsidian legend.

Obsidian introduces us to a bright galaxy filled with dark

Obsidian introduces us to a bright galaxy filled with dark humor and corporate intrigue, mirroring the question of real-world tech-tyranny and what is liable to happen when corporations gain too much leeway with too little outside oversight. It's all executed quite well, with the narrative offering multiple avenues to accomplish tasks and missions in unique ways.

Morality is as grey as ever, and sometimes you will find yourself questioning just what good and evil are, lol. It's a fun roller-coaster of a tale that keeps your moral compass spinning and that's one of the highlights of the title in fact -- the question of right, wrong, balance, destiny, and self-will; it's actually masterful in this regard.

As for the companions, they are occupationally diverse, well fleshed-out individuals which keep moods light and quests engaging, even lipping out little comments or starting full-on conversations between each other after what is perhaps a questionable or praiseworthy action by the captain, and it all depends on their own personal dispositions or beliefs. Just don't do anything too crazy, as they're liable to turn on you should you become erratic or insane! Not that there's anything wrong with being insane...

The gunplay itself is not quite as desirable as its other fine points, coming short of even the likes of Fallout 4. However, even this dip in quality is overshadowed by the fact that Outer Worlds is not touting itself as a 'shooter' in the first place, but an rpg. Because of this (and its AA budget), its less-than-optimal weapon mechanics are of tertiary concern, but it's not egregious in the least bit and firefights still have plenty of fun to be had when wacky weapons and Time Dilation are thrown in the mix. Overall its a somewhat janky but satisfying experience nonetheless.

Beyond its phenomenal and mostly well-executed (if not traditional) core elements, many would claim that Outer Worlds feels very much like an amalgam of various franchises (and therefore is a cheap facsimile of past games), and I would agree with them to a very certain extent. It's not difficult to sense traces of influence from games like Borderlands, Bioshock, Dishonored, and of course Fallout, specifically New Vegas. However, that actually plays out to its strength because of how well it pronounces its own swag and maintains its own wacky but unique sense of self in a brand new environment. Never once do you believe while playing through The Outer Worlds that any of its outside influences define the title or the experience in an explicit fashion; they only serve to bring a familiar sense of awareness to the game that players can identify with, but not one that is wholly unoriginal or completely attached in an overpowering manner. The Outer Worlds is its own game by its own right and most will not be bothered by the customary undertones or familiar feels. On the contrary, they will celebrate them with applaud.

This is my light review for Obsidian's latest and most anticipated title, The Outer Worlds. I personally give this game high praise for accomplishing its mission statement and giving roleplay fans what they've always wanted more of - a spiritual successor to the fanatically acclaimed Fallout: New Vegas. Obsidian is back in the saddle and so are RPGs!

Exquisite.
  56. Oct 28, 2019
    Wow what a game!!! This is 10 times better than Bethesda's Fallout which is a load of rubbish!!
  57. Oct 25, 2019
    This game is a breath of fresh air if you liked fallout new Vegas this should be a must own if you have not played any fallout games let me put your mind at ease the shooting is great in this game you never get the feeling that you can't beat an enemy because your guns under powered and useless at the same time weapons and armor degradation does happen but with all the ways to fix it fromThis game is a breath of fresh air if you liked fallout new Vegas this should be a must own if you have not played any fallout games let me put your mind at ease the shooting is great in this game you never get the feeling that you can't beat an enemy because your guns under powered and useless at the same time weapons and armor degradation does happen but with all the ways to fix it from items you buy to stores who can fix them for you you never feel like you're forced to go to shops and buy new gear and if you want to you can kill every NPC in the game and still win the game and if you want you can finish quests in any way you may want a guy in a quest i was on gave me a hard choice kill a whole city or kill a bunch of poor people i shot the guy point blank with a shotgun and gave the poor people the city but thats not the only way to do that quest it really feels up to you on how you wish to play Expand
  58. Oct 25, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is so fun. I can tell I’m going to sink a ton of hours into this on multiple play throughs. For my first I’m playing a dumb character and I recommend it for some of the resolutions you can achieve when NPCs just don’t want to explain anymore. Also character creation has a nice nod to working class folks giving them bonuses based off of occupations. It’s nice to see a janitors and warehouse workers and stuff get cool little bonuses for their occupations Expand
  59. Oct 30, 2019
    If you like single player "Western" RPG's get this. Its free on Xbox Gamepass but if I'd have paid $59 I'd still be happy. I can't stand multiplayer games any more and less and less single player games are getting made. With the 6-7 year Bethesda schedule its just really lean for this type of game. So when this was announced I was pretty excited. Obsidian did Kotor 2 and Fallout New VegasIf you like single player "Western" RPG's get this. Its free on Xbox Gamepass but if I'd have paid $59 I'd still be happy. I can't stand multiplayer games any more and less and less single player games are getting made. With the 6-7 year Bethesda schedule its just really lean for this type of game. So when this was announced I was pretty excited. Obsidian did Kotor 2 and Fallout New Vegas both of which are in my all time top 20 games ( if I had such a list ). This is very much in the same category as those games or other RPG's like Fallout, Mass Effect, Witcher, Skyrim Etc. At launch I experienced no bugs, had a lot of fun, and feel like this is a pretty solid game launch. Kotor 2 and Fallout New Vegas both had some bugs well into the life of those games but so far I have not had any issues after 30 hours of play. I feel like that's not mentioned enough. On top of the Fallout in Space theme that this game looks like on paper It also has tons of references to Sci Fi culture in general. Firefly, Star Wars, Buck Rogers. In fact Buck Rogers is very similar to how this game starts funny enough. 99% of people reading this have no idea what that is. Probably 99% of gamers will never play this game though. Its not a game made for the masses. its made for the 1% of the population that gets its and does a great job satisfying that 1%. Thanks to Obsidian for making it! Expand
  60. Oct 28, 2019
    10 times better tha Fallout 76, amazing art style and world design. Gunplay is great and the dialogue are so well writen. A lot of choice and decisions really matters. This is a true fallout game, so addicting to play. There are a bit too much loading screen and some confusing tools, but overall it's game of the year for now for me.
  61. Oct 29, 2019
    Amazing game. Great characters, great story and great world. This game is what Fallout games should be. If you like a good RPG and was a fan of Fallout games prior to Fallout 04 and ugh, Fallout 76 this is the game for you. Do yourself a favor and play this game, you won't regret it!
  62. Oct 27, 2019
    This is what a Fallout game should’ve been: great humor and writing, interesting quests and meaningful decisions.
  63. Oct 28, 2019
    Great gameplay, amazing dialogue, intriguing progression system and beautiful worlds to explore. If you have enjoyed Obsidian's previous similar title, Fallout: New Vegas, or just like RPG/shooters in general, I can guarantee you that you will love this game. In addition to already being a solid experience, there are also no microtransactions or any other distasteful business schemes toGreat gameplay, amazing dialogue, intriguing progression system and beautiful worlds to explore. If you have enjoyed Obsidian's previous similar title, Fallout: New Vegas, or just like RPG/shooters in general, I can guarantee you that you will love this game. In addition to already being a solid experience, there are also no microtransactions or any other distasteful business schemes to take the joy out of your play time. Expand
  64. Oct 27, 2019
    Everything you'd expect from an old school role-playing game that tastes like Fallout. Charismatic characters, solid mechanics and dialogues with that characteristic black humor. If you're a fan of this type of games, it's a must-have title, and if you're not, it's also a must-have title, even if it's just to support one of the few companies that still do quality work.
  65. Oct 26, 2019
    The game really brings everything what you would expect from this style of RPG. Writing and voice acting are top notch, with interesting characters and their stories, silly and dark at the same time (Leonard's Boyarsky and Tim's Cane signature style is really obvious, and I love it) The space western style of it fits perfectly in this universe. The makro idea is fantastic, corporationThe game really brings everything what you would expect from this style of RPG. Writing and voice acting are top notch, with interesting characters and their stories, silly and dark at the same time (Leonard's Boyarsky and Tim's Cane signature style is really obvious, and I love it) The space western style of it fits perfectly in this universe. The makro idea is fantastic, corporation taking over everything. Can't say, that I enjoy stealth a lot, bit maybe it just needs some time to get used to it. Graphics are ok, but I don't think people who will play this game care much about it. I saw complaints about it not being a full open world game, but personally I like it, reminds of Metro exodus with somewhat smaller areas. All in all Obsidian did a great job! I don't like comparing games, but as much as I'm a Fallout universe fan, I enjoy this game much more, than what Bethesda does for the last ten or so years. Bottom line, imagine Mass Effect and Fallout: New Vegas had a baby, and it was raised by the Wasteland franchise, this is what you would get. Expand
  66. Oct 27, 2019
    One low review opens with NO COMPANIONS. Ow ya they played the ever living heck out of Outer Worlds lol. Seriously this game is a game made for the rpg player. Cool retro 50’s sifi look that brings you right there. Well I can’t believe the guys who helped invent Fallout and FO Vegas, built a game following there original vision of an rpg. What? The team delivered on everything theyOne low review opens with NO COMPANIONS. Ow ya they played the ever living heck out of Outer Worlds lol. Seriously this game is a game made for the rpg player. Cool retro 50’s sifi look that brings you right there. Well I can’t believe the guys who helped invent Fallout and FO Vegas, built a game following there original vision of an rpg. What? The team delivered on everything they promised and set out to do. The characters I find are great, from funny to boneheads and the guy you’d love to smack! They got them all. If you love sifi exploration and choices this is the game for you. Expand
  67. Oct 28, 2019
    Great role-playing game, very interesting physics and ideas, freedom of action! very well
  68. Nov 1, 2019
    Amazing so long waited for game! Reminds fallout and bring all good thing from classical genre.
  69. Nov 1, 2019
    Love this game to me it's like Mass Effect meets Fallout. The gameplay feels solid to me interesting characters love ADA always a sucker for those AI with personality large selection gears a game that I am putting tons of hours already.
  70. Oct 31, 2019
    I usually hate Fallout style games, and ive been boycotting any Bethesda game for a long time, but Outer Worlds is something else entirely. Its just a good game.
  71. Oct 31, 2019
    While it may not necessarily an "open world" RPG, Obsidian still knocks it out of the park with The Outer Worlds. Though it's gameplay is serviceable for a game of its ilk, it's obvious that it wasn't the central focus for this game. It's the brilliant writing, witty humor and engrossing lore driven world that brings this game to that next level. My only real issue with the game is it'sWhile it may not necessarily an "open world" RPG, Obsidian still knocks it out of the park with The Outer Worlds. Though it's gameplay is serviceable for a game of its ilk, it's obvious that it wasn't the central focus for this game. It's the brilliant writing, witty humor and engrossing lore driven world that brings this game to that next level. My only real issue with the game is it's awful enemy AI. That can use a lot of work. Aside from that, Obsidian has shown that they can match the best of the best in this industry and they might just be the ones to set the new standard in the coming years. It's not like Bethesda or Bioware are interested in continuing on with the genre. So long live Obsidian. I cant wait to see what's next for this new and promising franchise. Expand
  72. Oct 28, 2019
    This is the 1-st RPG after DOS 2 which is worth every $ paid and even more. Don't believe anyone just try it yourself/

Update: Today i have finished this game so i can share some thoughts. Overall game is very good. As for what could be better: 1. Game is too short. Low budget is it's main nemesis. 2. Late game locations, especially Byzantium, are very small. 3. Ending off the game

1. Game is too short. Low budget is it's main nemesis.
    2. Late game locations, especially Byzantium, are very small.
    3. Ending off the game is a little bit disappointing. I expected something more epic.
    4. During final assault we have many fractions supporting us, but why do we need them if we can just use holographic suit and run through the location? There are several such points in the game which i wish to have more logic and some choice to make...
  73. Nov 9, 2019
    The game has been very enjoyable and fills a Mass Effect void. Its It's something like mox 1 part ME 1 part Borderlands and 1 Part FallOut.
  74. Oct 31, 2019
    ties for best rpg available on PS4 along with persona 5 and the witcher 3 and tbh by the time i beat it i may think it's the best overall periodt
  75. Oct 26, 2019
    Jogo muito bom. Te prende do início ao fim. Personagens carismáticos. E história muito boa.
  76. Oct 28, 2019
    As a narrative/experience, it's amazing.
    As an RPG, it's very good.
    As a sci-fi FPS, it's OK.
    As a loot-grind game, it doesn't rate, because it's not trying to do that.
    As a sandbox game, same as above.

This game is awesome and I want more like it.
  77. Nov 7, 2019
    The game is Magic, Pure magic absolutely amazing, this is the perfect replacement for Fallout in this dark days of Bethesda, if you love Fallout Saga you gonna love this game.
  78. Oct 30, 2019
    I really want to see Obsidian go further. The Outer Worlds was a fantastic breath of fresh air. No microtransactions no nonsense. The writing was hilarious and the exploration was thrilling. The only gripe I have is that the combat was a little repetitive.
  79. Nov 11, 2019
    This game is excactly what I was hoping for. As a huge fan of the older Fallout series I can tell, this the progression the newer Fallout games failed to achieve. What was missing for me to give a note ten was the lack of caprice in the facial expressions of the characters and the character that we control does not have voice. It also missed different views of camera while the characterThis game is excactly what I was hoping for. As a huge fan of the older Fallout series I can tell, this the progression the newer Fallout games failed to achieve. What was missing for me to give a note ten was the lack of caprice in the facial expressions of the characters and the character that we control does not have voice. It also missed different views of camera while the character talks, as in Fallout 4, gets the face of the NPC fixed and very close to the screen is very agonizing and boring. Expand
  80. Nov 8, 2019
    For me, a former huge fan of the entire Fallout franchise, playing this game was nothing short of Obsydian showing Bugthesda their middle finger. A beautiful, rich game with a solid story line and a filling of freedom in decisions on how to finish it. I only wish it was longer and it had a build motive like we had in fallout 4
  81. Oct 29, 2019
    Dont expect Fallout 3 or 4! The outer worlds started slow and the combat was clunky in my opinion and i was ready to throw in the towel at about 10 hours of play BUT i stuck with it and played more and now im in love. Great game folks. Definitely worth $60 for some great entertainment.
  82. Oct 29, 2019
    Is it perfect? No. However, this game has finally scratch my itch of a great Action RPG that I have not seen since Fallout 3 and New Vegas. It is charming, witty and nostalgic but sometimes can be as brutal as a pack of Deathclaws from Quarry Junction yet that's why I love it and know will keep going back again and again for some time to come. If not buy now definitely after a sale as thatIs it perfect? No. However, this game has finally scratch my itch of a great Action RPG that I have not seen since Fallout 3 and New Vegas. It is charming, witty and nostalgic but sometimes can be as brutal as a pack of Deathclaws from Quarry Junction yet that's why I love it and know will keep going back again and again for some time to come. If not buy now definitely after a sale as that will be the bargain for the year! Expand
  83. Nov 7, 2019
    A true spiritual sequel to new Vegas, amazing game! We're proud of you Obsidian.
  84. Nov 6, 2019
    It's a great game that takes all the lovable elements from fallout games and not fallout 76, thankfully so.
  85. Oct 26, 2019
    This is by far the best single player game of 2019 imo, everything from the graphics to the gameplay and story have been well thought over and has alot of care and attention put into it, if you're a gamer, get this game!
  86. Oct 27, 2019
    One of the best games of this year. I really like the dialogue system and the pumping system in the game. There are small bugs and errors in localization, but this does not interfere with the game.
  87. Oct 27, 2019
    Cuando comienzas el juego lo que te llama la atención es que a nivel técnico y gráfico va muy justo, y que el personaje interactúa y se mueve por el escenario de forma torpe y simple.

Pero a poco que empiezan a abrirse las misiones y la libertad, te das cuenta que estás con una versión alternativa al estilo Fallout, que es una joya. Si te gustó cualquiera de los anteriores

Si te gustó cualquiera de los anteriores (especialmetne New Vegas), este te va gustar. Las misiones son geniales y están muy muy bien escritas, tal punto que hasta las secundarias tienen interés. El mundo es muy compacto y creíble, y con los personajes simpatizas muy rápido.

Una vez te enganchas es difícil soltarlo.
  88. Oct 29, 2019
    Whereas Fallout 4 provided a large and interesting open world to explore, with watered down RPG elements a terrible dialogue system, The Outer Worlds does the exact opposite, providing more traditional RPG elements and an excellent dialogue system, but at the cost of having small and largely uninteresting areas. Overall however, the quality of the game's quest more than makes up for it'sWhereas Fallout 4 provided a large and interesting open world to explore, with watered down RPG elements a terrible dialogue system, The Outer Worlds does the exact opposite, providing more traditional RPG elements and an excellent dialogue system, but at the cost of having small and largely uninteresting areas. Overall however, the quality of the game's quest more than makes up for it's lack of quantity. Expand
  89. Oct 30, 2019
    In a nutshell, it is Fallout New Vegas with some Mass Effect thrown into the mix. The graphics are okay but the meat of this game is the characters and story. Those of us that are New Vegas fans will be very happy with the game and will have the void filled for a short time. I enjoyed the game tremendously and it made me realize how much i enjoy a real RPG. It has it's flaws as allIn a nutshell, it is Fallout New Vegas with some Mass Effect thrown into the mix. The graphics are okay but the meat of this game is the characters and story. Those of us that are New Vegas fans will be very happy with the game and will have the void filled for a short time. I enjoyed the game tremendously and it made me realize how much i enjoy a real RPG. It has it's flaws as all games do, but the story and the characters more than make up for it. I would say 8.5 but they dont do half points so I rounded up and gave it a 9 overall because of the great time I had playing through it. I am now on my second character playing through on a harder difficulty...I think that says a lot about the game considering i usually delete a game after completing it. Expand
  90. Nov 8, 2019
    Bite sized, yet pound for pound best fallout experience since FNV.
    And yes, though they cant use the name this is a FO game.
    Concept is pretty unique. Corporation mentality as the cause for the post-apoc worldview. Tastefully tackles economics, religion and spirituality with lots of sarcasm and little pandering. Dialogues mercilessly trump all of bethesda's FOs, Companions are way more
    Bite sized, yet pound for pound best fallout experience since FNV.
    And yes, though they cant use the name this is a FO game.
    Dialogues mercilessly trump all of bethesda's FOs,
    Companions are way more fun and interactive than any other FO.
    Graphics are extremely well done for a limited budget.
    VO are very well done, music is very minimalistic, there is no radio.
    Shooting is pretty average but interactive companion abilities makes it fun.
    Perks and flaws are very limited FOs are better here.
    CC is terrible, though its fully first person and you only get to see your character in menus, so it does not matter much.
  91. Oct 25, 2019
    10/10 beats bethesda's current games by a mile (or ten). Oldschool but still refreshing.
  92. Oct 29, 2019
    Нереально крутая игра, Obsidian, как всегда на высоте! Это вам не те самые.... Продолжайте в том же духе.
  93. Oct 25, 2019
    i usually dont write reviews for games, but this time its different, this game made me soooo happy while playing it, its a great RPG "after years of starvation". if you are fan of RPG's and great story and characters with great gun-play , and you like your game to have personality and charm, then this is a must get game. there are no shady practices, and it is a FULL GAME. CD Project redi usually dont write reviews for games, but this time its different, this game made me soooo happy while playing it, its a great RPG "after years of starvation". if you are fan of RPG's and great story and characters with great gun-play , and you like your game to have personality and charm, then this is a must get game. there are no shady practices, and it is a FULL GAME. CD Project red and obsidian are my favorite developers now, and i hope they stay with us for years and years and forever more !! Expand
  94. Oct 25, 2019
    For those who do not know, this isn't really a Fallout clone, as its developed by the team that made the ORIGINAL Fallout and New Vegas.

Plays just like Fallout New Vegas did, with several optimizations. The gameplay is much more fluid that the Fallout series, the graphics is a few steps above from Bethesda. As a matter of fact, everything here is a really just a step above Fallout

As a matter of fact, everything here is a really just a step above Fallout 4 and 76 (which I've put about 60 hours in, regardless of how much of a mess that game IS) Jumping/crouching and overall movement feels more akin to a faster FPS like Borderlands, but not quite as sharp as say COD or Battlefield.

At first, the gameplay will seem boring and not as challenging when set on Normal. So I changed it to hard recently and there is a noticeable difference in terms of how the AI responds and I recommend you do the same to keep things fresh. (that is unless you are a more casual gamer)

As for the world and the story. Everything seems much more lively and fun to play. The writing is really good, the voicework and old-school dialog choices is a breath of fresh air, that is sorely missed from Fallout.

I know there is just too much to compare with Fallout here, save for the original PC titles. But Obsidian delivers a fun and quirky adventure that doesn't require you to spend hundreds of hours in to love it.
  95. Oct 25, 2019
    One of the best RPGs to come out this generation. Fantastic game!
    Lets hope Microsoft gives them the money to make big budget sequel.

(Take notes Bethesda how to make a rpg)
  96. Oct 25, 2019
    No words about this game, JUST PLAY. If you like RPG you won’t regret it, trust me
  97. Oct 25, 2019
    Ja so als Zwischensnack ein gutes Rollenspiel was leicht von der Hand geht und auch gut aussieht. Ich bekomme esüber den XBox Gamepass und das ist ein weiterer Pluspunkt.
    Daher kann jeder Fallout Fan bedenkenlos zugreifen ohne wie bei Fallout 76 enttäuscht zu werden.
    -------------------- Yes, as an intermediate snack a good role-playing game which goes easily off the hand and also looks
    --------------------
    Yes, as an intermediate snack a good role-playing game which goes easily off the hand and also looks good. I get it via the XBox Gamepass and that's another plus.
    Therefore, any Fallout fan can access without being disappointed, as with Fallout 76.
  98. Oct 26, 2019
    Fantastic game! Finally!
    Thank you Obsidian for all the hard work and love. This is truly an epic game that will be remembered for years to come. Welcome to the beauty of a single player RPG!
  99. Oct 26, 2019
    Thank you for your work Obsidian. I'm getting all nostalgic as a long time Fallout fan. I wish the later titles were developed by the same team.
  100. Oct 27, 2019
    Easily one of the best games of the year,one of the best games this generation. Its about time we get a great game after all the flops weve had this year. The missions are a blast to play,the gun play is fun,Ive laughed out loud over and over playing this game. I cant say enough good things about it,its a game your gonna have a hard time putting down,I know I have. The first day I playedEasily one of the best games of the year,one of the best games this generation. Its about time we get a great game after all the flops weve had this year. The missions are a blast to play,the gun play is fun,Ive laughed out loud over and over playing this game. I cant say enough good things about it,its a game your gonna have a hard time putting down,I know I have. The first day I played for over 6 hours,its just great,pick it up I promise you youll love it. Expand

1. Dec 5, 2019
    I can see that while I play, The Outer Worlds is everything needed and expected from a first-person RPG, one that can then be expanded on in the future, with innovative systems, original worlds, and unexpected characters - they now have a hub to fit into. The problem for players is: why play this game instead of waiting for the one that fully escapes the shadow of Fallout?
  2. Dec 4, 2019
    The Outer Worlds is the Bethesda RPG you always wanted, but it's not made by Bethesda. This is one of the finest RPG experiences that let you take complete control of your storyline, and it's one hell of a ride.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Nov 18, 2019
    An out-of-this-world adventure that, for better and worse, feels far from alien, even if you’ve been frozen for a few years. The familiar done well and then some. [Issue#169, p.85]