8.2

1. Oct 16, 2015
    One of the best games I've ever played. Unfortunately, everything is a spoiler, so I'm going to skip the awesome story, music and atmosphere and will concentrate on the technical state of the game on the PS4. I've played both PC and PS4 version of the game for more than 100 hours. The good news is - the PS4 version is on par with details and resolution with the PC version, it also has aOne of the best games I've ever played. Unfortunately, everything is a spoiler, so I'm going to skip the awesome story, music and atmosphere and will concentrate on the technical state of the game on the PS4. I've played both PC and PS4 version of the game for more than 100 hours. The good news is - the PS4 version is on par with details and resolution with the PC version, it also has a decent amount of AA and not the most terrible FOV as well. The bad news - the PS4's framerate needs improvement badly.
    I hope this get addressed. Other than that - I have no issues whatsoever.
    In summary, I'd like to say something which is more likely directed towards the developers instead of the game, but since I consider it very important in this day and age, I'd like to point it out. The game and the expansion are now sold for less than $50. Very good price for the content IMO. And lastly, the game was NOT available for preorder which is a huge point earned in my eyes by Croteam. It revived that long forgotten sense than not everything is about the money.
    Keep up the great work!
    Strongly recommended!
  2. Dec 18, 2015
    This is a game of the Mind and the Spirit.
    Even though I'm indisposed by its strongly transhuman agenda of reducing consciousness to a machine, it is the richest game I have ever played in terms of philosophical and mind-expanding insights. If you've graduated in the social sciences or any branch of philosophy, you will LOVE this game.
    The sense of Mystery and Discovery is there. It's
    This is a game of the Mind and the Spirit.

The sense of Mystery and Discovery is there. It's been a while since a game really registered on an emotional level ; this one will keep you thinking on it far after you've shut the console. A reflexion on humanity, consciousness, meaning, existence - with FANTASTIC graphics set in old civilizations.

BUY IT!
  3. Jan 31, 2016
    One of the best games I have played in a long while.

It is difficult to comment on this game without spoiling some parts of it, but rest assured, your money would be well spent on this first person puzzle.

The story is great. Puzzles are great and progressively more difficult. Controls work like a charm.

Just play it...
  4. Nov 5, 2015
    Juego de puzzles con muy buen acabado, engancha desde el principio excelente ambientacion, graficos, opciones, narrativa, musica, traducido...en fin muy recomendable, para mi lo mejor de su genero en ps4
  5. Oct 13, 2015
    The game has really great gameplay, great graphics and a interesting Story. But I noticed some performance issues which hopefully will be fixed. Also the DLC is included which is nice.
  6. Oct 14, 2015
    The game so awesome and beautiful graphics, game-play is different from other puzzle game with unbeatable features, thanks for giving an open world feature and thanks Croteam for that.
  7. Oct 27, 2015
    Great game. Well generated effective enviroments and a good narrative behind it. The puzzles are challenging and don't normally require highly skilled use of the controller once you worked out how to do it. So this should suit a wide variety of users with different skill levels.
    In summary a great game, highly recommended!
  8. Dec 9, 2015
    The Talos Principle is one of the finest puzzle games that I've played. From the first few moments I knew I was onto something special and I found the game only improved as I progressed. I really value the simple formula that Croteam give the gamer in terms of the 'tools' needed to tackle each puzzle. The puzzles themselves are beautifully crafted and will provide many a headscratchingThe Talos Principle is one of the finest puzzle games that I've played. From the first few moments I knew I was onto something special and I found the game only improved as I progressed. I really value the simple formula that Croteam give the gamer in terms of the 'tools' needed to tackle each puzzle. The puzzles themselves are beautifully crafted and will provide many a headscratching moment, but as they get progressively more difficult, so does the sense of achievement when you crack them - the learning curve in this game is excellently judged.

Croteam place a lot of faith in the gamer in that the storyline isnt fed through a series of cutscenes at predetermined checkpoints; rather, the gamer must dig into the depths of the archives to unravel the many philosophical, religious and human layers of the plot. This is by no means a requirement to finish the game, but I found the experience all the more enriching for doing so. Thanks to games like Diablo and Tomb Raider I'm the type that must painstakingly collect everything there is to collect, so rooting through the archives was enjoyable for me. I can apprieciate, however, that this will not suit everyone and could be deemed quite tedious if the plot doesnt grab you straight away.

Everything else I have to say will only serve as spoilers so i'll leave it there, but I just want to reiterate what a beautiful, rewarding game this is (archives or not). I cannot recommend it highly enough for the gameplay, environment and storyline, but at the very least it is an excellent brain training tool for problem solving and logic.
  9. Feb 6, 2016
    One of my favorite games. Love the puzzles, story, atmosphere. It's very well done. If you enjoyed Portal, this is a must. I don't platinum very many games, but this is one I am working on.
  10. Feb 19, 2016
    God I honestly don't know what to say about this game, all I can say is its one of my favourite games of all time and is truly worth a 10. The puzzles as well as the story and philosohpy involved are all very intriguing and it is a wonderful experience. Would HIGHLY recommend.
  11. Oct 11, 2017
    The Talos Principle is a story driven first person puzzle game that tasks the player with completing a series of challenges in order to collect the puzzle pieces required to progress through the game.

The puzzles themselves, obviously the most important element in this genre, are (with a couple of exceptions) more logical than many other similar titles I’ve played but by about the half-way point virtually all the new elements had been introduced and they started to become a little repetitive. Fortunately the central story, which I won’t spoil here, is interesting and told in a non-intrusive way that allows the player to delve as into it as much or as little as they want and this helped keep me playing to the end when I might have otherwise given up.

The Talos principle is certainly no Portal beater but if you’re a fan of the puzzle genre this is well worth checking out.
  12. Jul 30, 2016
    Do you have some time? Are you a bit bend towards the philsophical in the first place? And do you like games and/or fables?

If you have two of the three, then pick this up. If you have three of the three, you're already behind the curve. (As I was). There is still time to catch up hah. Long I wait. Looking for the thought-provoking bits... Here is one. You don't play this, you

Long I wait. Looking for the thought-provoking bits...

Here is one. You don't play this, you experience it. But only if you have eyes to see and ears to hear.
  13. Oct 10, 2016
    I enjoyed the puzzles, atmosphere, and music. I didn't focus on the story. The graphics was great. The game reminds me of portal and I would love to see more games like this.
  14. Apr 9, 2017
    Super mind f**uc**ker. I went straight to options and turned the brightness up to give it more daylight feel and helped with the motion feel. Turned the music down to one notch. Vibration OFF! This game is up there with Portal 2. I do like the outside atmosphere, makes me feel like I'm outside enjoying a sunny day, while I'm locked in a dark room. Buy this game, the price is more thanSuper mind f**uc**ker. I went straight to options and turned the brightness up to give it more daylight feel and helped with the motion feel. Turned the music down to one notch. Vibration OFF! This game is up there with Portal 2. I do like the outside atmosphere, makes me feel like I'm outside enjoying a sunny day, while I'm locked in a dark room. Buy this game, the price is more than good. PS4 version is very adequate. Expand
  15. Dec 9, 2015
    This game made me to register an account and come here to write that I highly recommend it.
    This is not a review I still have the excitement of playing it (just finished Road to Gehenna dlc) .
    It would be a straight 10/10 but some puzzles at the end especially on the dlc are impossible to beat even for the most experienced puzzle gamer. Portal series difficulty is nothing compared to Talos. Even a robot can't do it without help.
    Dear Croteam thank you for this amazing game.
  16. May 19, 2016
    I made an account on this site just to say that this game is awesome :) I introduced two of my friends to it, and they loved it as well. It has great scenery, great story, music, and whenever you pass a hard puzzle, you get a feeling of self-content.
  17. Oct 6, 2016
    I wasn't too sure about this game, even after seeing trailers, but after 5 minutes I was convinced that this game would have me hooked. My first playing session I had my eyes glued to the screen, intrigued with the art style, the philosophical undertones, and the mystery that lay waiting for me. Each puzzle feels unique and rewarding, and the amazing soundtrack wraps it all up in a bow.
  18. May 24, 2018
    Intricate puzzles, an interesting narrative exploring philosophical and religious questions, a beautiful world desgin and an enchanting soundtrack make The Talos Prinicple a masterpiece.
  19. Oct 13, 2015
    Nothing to say about this game. I had played the PC version. But didn't play the Deluxe edition. I played the deluxe on PS4 and it felt awesome. The sound and graphics of the game is just awesome . This is the only puzzle game I've ever played which gives me to explore its huge world. Which gives me to roam freely in the open world. Which drives me deep inside the story. Really Fantastic.Nothing to say about this game. I had played the PC version. But didn't play the Deluxe edition. I played the deluxe on PS4 and it felt awesome. The sound and graphics of the game is just awesome . This is the only puzzle game I've ever played which gives me to explore its huge world. Which gives me to roam freely in the open world. Which drives me deep inside the story. Really Fantastic. AWESOME. as the best puzzle game I've ever played and as a game from my favorite game developer Croteam which develops my favorite FPS game Serious Sam , I will give it a 10/10. Expand
  20. Nov 18, 2015
    You like the puzzles at first, but the poor graphics and background music makes it hard to play for few hours. The gaming sessions are shoert as you get easily bored. Original concept tho.
  21. Oct 27, 2015
    The game is alright but there is no need to be giving it 10/10. To be honest I found the game got quite boring after a while of playing. Different people have different opinions though -_-
  22. SH1
    May 2, 2016
    There does not seem to be any real storyline and the puzzles are repetitive. I lost interest after a few hours. If they had more story (like the Portal games) I would have given a higher rating. Also: I would have preferred story with some animation and sound, rather than reading everything.
  23. VDS
    Feb 10, 2017
    The graphics are nothing special, and as Portal seems to be often referenced in previous reviews, I'd say that game (even on an older console) looked much better than this one. The booming god voice left me cold, and the repetitive conversations with the little computer screens became quickly irritating, so I ignored that part of the game.
    But the puzzles I liked a lot, which I guess is
    But the puzzles I liked a lot, which I guess is the point. So, 10 out of 10 for the puzzle creators. 3 out of 10 for the rest of it (graphics, sound, story etc.). Meet those two somewhere in the middle with a 7 overall.
  24. Jul 20, 2018
    This game hooked me immediately, but unfortunately by the end of the game this had transitioned into boredom and resentment.

The graphics are excellent and the environments are visually immersive just to walk around. On the downside, some of the levels have limited options for exploration. The gameplay and story are where this became a massive love/hate relationship between myself

The gameplay and story are where this became a massive love/hate relationship between myself and the game. I absolutely loved the existential themes and philosophical questioning of areas such as morals, reasoning and consciousness, and it is these that give the game three stars for me.

The two missing stars are a result of the gameplay, which perhaps ultimately suffered from a lack of pacing. The sheer volume of puzzles at first makes the game look heavy in content, yet the repetitiveness and frustration to be found within make me wish there was actually less content. The puzzles became tedious for me around halfway through the game, and I spent the last quarter of them looking up online video demonstrations just to speed up my progress through the game so I could find the ending.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS: The ending/s is where I was also very disappointed. Two options are obvious, but my biggest gripe was that the game restarted after I witnessed one ending, meaning I'd have to replay the entire game to watch a different ending. Again, thank God for online videos, but I had no motivation to replay any of the game, and when I discovered the expansion looked to be more of the same, I decided to give that a miss, too.

If you're a die-hard puzzle fan with even a slight interest in philosophy, then this game could be 5 stars for you. The concepts and visuals are excellent, but the repetition and monotony spoiled the experience for me somewhat. Also, I shopped around and got it for less than £15.
  25. Apr 29, 2019
    A very clever game with top-notch puzzle gameplay and a fantastic presentation and concept. Almost deserves a 10/10, but ultimately it's not super inventive with the gameplay (Braid is an example of super inventive).
  26. Jan 15, 2019
    A special puzzle game that stays in your mind long after you have finished it. I've played through the main game 3 times now and beaten it twice. I also enjoyed the dlc's extra hard difficulty. An excellent game when you are in the puzzle mood. I feel like this game will be remembered as one of the best puzzle games in gaming history.

1. Dec 11, 2015
    The Talos Principle is one of those rare masterpieces of indie writing that play with your mind and your beliefs to such extent that you are no longer the same after you finish it.
  2. Nov 11, 2015
    If you're in the market for a fulfilling, well-paced puzzler on the PS4, look no further than this one.
  3. Nov 2, 2015
    The Talos Principle has made an effective jump from PC to PlayStation 4, thanks to the addition of expansion levels and a presentation that really makes use of the hardware at hand. While it's not quite a perfect transition, it remains a very applicable one, as the level design and snowballing level design continue to keep their momentum. Even if you're not entirely a fan of first-person games, Talos is worth a look, if only for the story alone.