8.9

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Sep 5, 2020
    As somebody who played these games from THPS1 all the way through to project 8 (skipped Ride and THPS5), I can definitely say that this is as much fun as I remember the game being when I was a child. The updated controls allow for better combo’s across every map, giving me new lines to discover, and old favorites are injected with a new life. The frame rate sticks to a smooth 60 on my PS4As somebody who played these games from THPS1 all the way through to project 8 (skipped Ride and THPS5), I can definitely say that this is as much fun as I remember the game being when I was a child. The updated controls allow for better combo’s across every map, giving me new lines to discover, and old favorites are injected with a new life. The frame rate sticks to a smooth 60 on my PS4 Pro, and the graphics look incredible.

I love that the game gives >700 challenges to keep me interested. I also appreciate the 100’s of cosmetics I can earn by actually playing the game rather than buying a virtual currency (here’s hoping it stays that way)! This game has me excited for the first time in over a decade for the future of the Tony Hawk franchise and I’m extremely excited to see what they do next. Vicarious Visions fills that spot in my soul that only NeverSoft could do before them!
  2. Sep 5, 2020
    Pretty damn good remaster brings back the good ole child hood days play this game. New skaters added as well. Graphics are epic!!
  3. Sep 6, 2020
    Amazing remake , with spot on perfect gameplay. Graphics are top notch with solid 60 fps , new songs , new skaters , a lot of new challenges to unlock gear and decks. Online multiplayer work great since day 1. Simply one of the best games ever !
  4. Sep 6, 2020
    Overall the gameplay is even more fun than the originals and I'm so glad they added the manual to THPS1. They added multiplayer, new era skaters, and ranked leagues too. I really, really, really, really, really hope they remaster THPS4 because that is my favorite game in the series but I still love the first two. THPS3 is good too but I loved when they opened up the career mode to untimedOverall the gameplay is even more fun than the originals and I'm so glad they added the manual to THPS1. They added multiplayer, new era skaters, and ranked leagues too. I really, really, really, really, really hope they remaster THPS4 because that is my favorite game in the series but I still love the first two. THPS3 is good too but I loved when they opened up the career mode to untimed parks and just let you do each task in a quest NPC sort of style. The soundtracks in all the games are incredible. Super nostalgic.

It's technically not a perfect game because there's bugs with the camera and sometimes the loading screen takes longer than normal, but I won't dock it a point, it's more like a 9.5/10. I hope they fix them though.
  5. Sep 6, 2020
    Tony Hawks Pro SKater is back, and it's better than ever!
    Vicarious Visions have made another perfect remake with a lot of content.
    The gameplay feels just like the old games and a lot of the muscle memory will return while playing.
    The soundtrack is filled with some of the old iconic songs and a lot of new ones aswell.
    Great remake and overall great for old school players and new players.
  6. Sep 5, 2020
    Cult classic has returned .. with a perfect remaster .. tony hawk pro skater is the reason why I skate board .. the game brings back so many memories . Everything rebuilt from the ground up , classic challenges , Same smooth gameplay . It’s a phenomenal remaster .. this is how a remaster should have be done ... only a few companies have done soo .. if you loved the first two gamesCult classic has returned .. with a perfect remaster .. tony hawk pro skater is the reason why I skate board .. the game brings back so many memories . Everything rebuilt from the ground up , classic challenges , Same smooth gameplay . It’s a phenomenal remaster .. this is how a remaster should have be done ... only a few companies have done soo .. if you loved the first two games you’ll love this .. all the old roster is back including some new additions .. Expand
  7. Sep 9, 2020
    First things first, this game in a masterpiece and should be picked up by anyone who enjoyed the older games. Any muscle memory you have from the older games will come back immediately. The feel of this remaster/remake is very smooth and satisfying to play. For the price there is a lot of content. From multiplayer to challenges there is plenty to do. I have about 30 hours in the game rightFirst things first, this game in a masterpiece and should be picked up by anyone who enjoyed the older games. Any muscle memory you have from the older games will come back immediately. The feel of this remaster/remake is very smooth and satisfying to play. For the price there is a lot of content. From multiplayer to challenges there is plenty to do. I have about 30 hours in the game right now and am still enjoying competing online against other people. On PS4 Pro playing in 4K there are only one or two levels i noticed that occasionally dipped in frames but it didn't affect gameplay. For 99% of the time this game runs smooth as butter and bugs aren't that common. In my 30ish hours of playing through the game there was only 1 time that i fell through the map and that was the most major 'bug' I have experienced. Other than that I am really enjoying this game and am praying that Activision doesn't shoehorn in a bunch of micro-transactions later on Expand
  8. Sep 6, 2020
    The Tony Hawk game I've been craving for years. Beautiful new graphics with the classic fluid gameplay and some new great QoL improvements make this game is an absolute blast! Tons of offline replay-ability and haven't even touched the online or park creator yet. Thank you so much Vicarious Visions for your hard work!
  9. Sep 5, 2020
    Breath of fresh air feels like 1999 again. Same game but somehow feels new i have no negative comments. Only flaw right now I see is the hats can't rotate and the big name boards are meh but that's cosmetics they will probably keep updating the game in my mind it's top game at the moment even beating hero games and its not pretending to be super
  10. Sep 6, 2020
    an incredible remaster of both games. everything feels fluid and on point. at first, the 60 fps is hard to get used to for someone who is use to the sub 30 fps of the ps1 originals but after awhile you get accustomed to it. Vicarious Visions has once again proved they can properly remake a classic game. 10/10
  11. Sep 6, 2020
    These games were a huge part of my childhood and they went above and beyond with this remake. The base is thicc and solid and they added so much fun stuff on top. If you liked the old games, get this!
  12. Sep 6, 2020
    For me, this game checks all the boxes in terms of content, quality, and pro consumer considering it's price. I would have easily paid $60 for this game. I feel that everything that could be done to breathe life into 2 old games has been done, and that makes for a really addicting and nostalgic experience.
  13. Sep 5, 2020
    For someone who's enjoyed both THP games for the PS1 this Remastered edition is just jam packed with content & Vicarious Visions the same people behind the Skylander series & the N,Sane Trilogy should be proud of themselves for bringing Tony Hawk back to life i mean the graphics & lighting looks gorgeous the gameplay is indeed fantastic with great Easter Eggs & the challenges are a niceFor someone who's enjoyed both THP games for the PS1 this Remastered edition is just jam packed with content & Vicarious Visions the same people behind the Skylander series & the N,Sane Trilogy should be proud of themselves for bringing Tony Hawk back to life i mean the graphics & lighting looks gorgeous the gameplay is indeed fantastic with great Easter Eggs & the challenges are a nice touch but very tricky & over 700 of them is insane so good luck to you completionist's out there also the OST (Original Soundtrack) is great to listen too again with new ones for good measure & there is a control option for whatever gameplay style you prefer since the updated controls are awesome so overall this Remastered edition is a fantastic way to bring back veteran fans of the franchise & as for newcomers? believe me they will have a fantastic time playing these old school classics & well done to Vicarious Visions for giving us good memories again ^_^ Expand
  14. Sep 6, 2020
    Brings me back to the old days! Hopefully there will be a new game next gen which builds off of this formula. Definitely a must own!
  15. Sep 10, 2020
    Simplesmente perfeito, tudo o que se poderia imaginar de um remake, diria que é o remake perfeito, gráficos ótimos, jogabilidade aprimorada, além de manter tudo exatamente como me lembrava.
    Nostalgia pura!!!
  16. Sep 7, 2020
    Absolutely fantastic and modernized blast to the past. My biggest complaints are the lack of a custom multiplayer matches outside of splitscreen and the character creator being really basic. Other than that I absolutely love the game and still think its a 10/10. If you have any interest in this game buy it and show your support. Hopefully the success of this game will pave a path for moreAbsolutely fantastic and modernized blast to the past. My biggest complaints are the lack of a custom multiplayer matches outside of splitscreen and the character creator being really basic. Other than that I absolutely love the game and still think its a 10/10. If you have any interest in this game buy it and show your support. Hopefully the success of this game will pave a path for more GOOD Tony Hawk games in the future. Expand
  17. Sep 6, 2020
    It could not be a better remaster. Graphics looks very good, tha maps are the same. There are some new era skater and song beside the old one. It was totally worth it!
  18. Sep 6, 2020
    I love THPS 1 and 2 from PS1, and this remake nailed in almost everything that was great before, with improvements and the gameplay is the best part of this game! THPS 1+2 is a not a perfect game, but the reason it is 10/10, is that the fun and enjoyment of playing this game is so incredible that beats any downsides it may have.
  19. Sep 5, 2020
    This was my favourite series as a kid/teen. The developers did such an amazing job on the remake. I can't stop playing. One thing I do wish there was was private online sessions and more games.
  20. Sep 7, 2020
    Awesome gameplay take everything from the old games and did better, good music and awsome skateparks.
  21. Sep 6, 2020
    An increadibly competent remake of the originals. Rock solid framerates, gorgeous visuals, preserved mechanics and added quality of life improvements really make this game something special.
  22. Sep 6, 2020
    Amazing job for v.v !!!!! Resurrection of thps isn't easy but they definitely pulled it off. Game play is perfect, graphics amazing, music absolutely awesome!! The only one thing I had a problem with was the create a skater , it's definitely lacking in human features to use .
  23. Sep 6, 2020
    Ótimo remake, a vicarious vision está de parabéns pelo trabalho realizado no jogo, ótima trilha sonora, gráficos e jogabilidade...depois de anos os games de skate voltam a ter um jogo tão bom
  24. Sep 9, 2020
    Best game ever 10/10 man i love it I’m addictive rn i need help lmao
    Thanks
  25. Sep 5, 2020
    This is everything I expected it to be and more... The gameplay is pretty much as perfect as it could get for being a Tony Hawk game. The graphics are phenomenal and game performance is ultra smooth. Vicarious Visions did a great job at keeping it true to the original games while adding a ton of extra unlockables and a great music playlist. This game truly has a little something forThis is everything I expected it to be and more... The gameplay is pretty much as perfect as it could get for being a Tony Hawk game. The graphics are phenomenal and game performance is ultra smooth. Vicarious Visions did a great job at keeping it true to the original games while adding a ton of extra unlockables and a great music playlist. This game truly has a little something for everybody in terms of customization, music, and options to assist new players. They've also added a very extensive create a park mode with online functionality to upload and share your creations with others. My only complaint is the lack of face customization on the create a character. But with the amount of apparel and equipment customization it kind of cancels it out. If you are a fan of the originals this is a must have. And for any newcomers curious about what gaming in the 90's was like, you won't be disappointed. The core experience is better than it has ever been for the entire Tony Hawk franchise. I hope they choose to remake some of the newer ones like 3,4 and the underground series. Because I will gladly play those again in all the remastered glory that Vicarious Visions is capable of providing Expand
  26. Sep 8, 2020
    this game is amazing, one of the few remakes done right! I'm still having a blast with the multiplayer and trying to get all the trophies
  27. Sep 5, 2020
    This Remake is Everything one should be.. Fun Fun and Tons of More Fun. Endless Things to do in this one. Yes if ur looking for that old skool skating game this is it
  28. Sep 7, 2020
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 are perfect remasters that affectionately remind us of the originals. Keeping the amazing soundtrack from the late 90's, early 2000's while adding a variety of songs ranging from the 80's until today, it gives that connection for all generations of players. The gameplay keeps the fun flowing style, emulating the feel of the originals.

It is a must play for

It is a must play for fans of the original 2 games and gets fans of the franchise excited about what the future has in store after the disappointment of Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5. The only downfall for the game is the limited online multiplayer on offer. Other than being picky about the multiplayer options, it is flawless in every sense of the word, the game is a must buy!
  29. Sep 5, 2020
    Usually, not a fan of remastered games as they never felt like they delivered on the value but god this game does it well. Amazing graphics and changes have been implemented. The fact you can just have casual skate is awesome and all the challenges are still fun.

I just wish we could have a few options for multi-player such as what specific games we want to play OR just open skate sessions etc.
  30. Sep 6, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The fact that you can unlock the cheats is amazing I really highly recommend this game to anyone Expand
  31. Sep 5, 2020
    A throwback game that's a fresh switch from the usual stuff. It's a nice change of pace game to get lost in for a few hours at a time. I've been battling high scores with my buddies just like we were kids again. Runs very smooth and is a blast. Thank you for finally remaking these after years of us begging!
  32. Sep 5, 2020
    Absolutely EXCELLENT Tony Hawk Remake!
    Plays great, looks great, feels great, with a ton of content & challenges to complete.
    The only thing missing is a more expansive online multiplayer (which will be added in October), and more options for Create-A-Skater.
    If you loved the Tony Hawk games when you were younger, or love skateboarding in general, this Remake is what you've been waiting for!
  33. Sep 5, 2020
    Excellent game! I played THPS2 endlessly as a kid, and this recaptured the magic of that game for me, but with a beautiful new coat of paint. I love how they reimagined all the locations in a more detailed, high definition way, yet still retained the essence of the original PS1 maps. I also love how the developers included a large crop of new generation skaters alongside all the veteranExcellent game! I played THPS2 endlessly as a kid, and this recaptured the magic of that game for me, but with a beautiful new coat of paint. I love how they reimagined all the locations in a more detailed, high definition way, yet still retained the essence of the original PS1 maps. I also love how the developers included a large crop of new generation skaters alongside all the veteran skaters from the original games. All in all, this game feels like a big celebration of skateboarding culture, but with a really good game built on top of it. The only critique I have is that there aren’t many options to customize your custom skater‘s facial or body features— there are just a bunch of presets. So there’s no way to make your skater look like you unless you happen to look like one of the presets. That’s really the only thing that keeps this game from being a 10. Definitely pick this up if you were a fan of all the original, “good,” Tony Hawk games though— it recaptures the magic. Expand
  34. Sep 6, 2020
    Everything is polished and works as I was expecting. It's even compatible with ps4 controller.
  35. Sep 6, 2020
    I’ve never played these games fully when I was a young kid but now I’m enjoying the fun gameplay this has to offer. The combo system in this game is fantastic, just like a fighting game. Although I’ve only played this game for about 2-3 hours, I already know I’m hooked and this was a great $40 buy on PC. This is a well made game with tons of maps, a map editor and almost all the songsI’ve never played these games fully when I was a young kid but now I’m enjoying the fun gameplay this has to offer. The combo system in this game is fantastic, just like a fighting game. Although I’ve only played this game for about 2-3 hours, I already know I’m hooked and this was a great $40 buy on PC. This is a well made game with tons of maps, a map editor and almost all the songs except 3 from the old games. I can even recommend to casual players as you can always play at your own pace. It’s just like real skateboarding without the bruising and swelling your gonna face (fell on my wrists a few times and couldn’t do much for 3 months, I love skateboards still). Expand
  36. Sep 6, 2020
    Simply amazing would love a underground remake now can’t really say much more
  37. Sep 6, 2020
    This should be a lesson on how to remaster a classic game. The polish only added to this game and took nothing away from the perfection of THPS.
  38. Sep 7, 2020
    Faithful to the old games with great additions from later pro skaters giving it a more modern feel
  39. Sep 7, 2020
    Taking a huge step from Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5, Vicarious Visions and Tony Hawk has developed something fans have been waiting for years to finally praise. Bringing the authenticity from the ‘99-‘00 Pro skaters 1 & 2, you will experience a classic soundtrack and familiar, upgraded gameplay.
  40. Sep 9, 2020
    This is the best skateboarding game I've ever played, i think only thps underground can be most impressive to me due to be an open world skateboarding game before skate.
  41. Sep 8, 2020
    The game doesn't get boring, the first game I go to every day. I recommend it for hardcore players.
  42. Sep 15, 2020
    This is amazing, but where is russian language? I understand that this game will not be a hit in Russia, but it would be nice.
  43. Sep 8, 2020
    After a slew of dissapointing entries to the series (and an already poor remaster of pro skater on the PS3) I have to say I had zero confidence going into this. But wow VV and Beenox have really pulled it out of the bag! The gameplay is silky smooth and plays just like how I remember the golden-era games playing (THPS 3 etc) but with all of the nostalgia of the first two game's incrediblyAfter a slew of dissapointing entries to the series (and an already poor remaster of pro skater on the PS3) I have to say I had zero confidence going into this. But wow VV and Beenox have really pulled it out of the bag! The gameplay is silky smooth and plays just like how I remember the golden-era games playing (THPS 3 etc) but with all of the nostalgia of the first two game's incredibly well-built levels.

If you have any experience with THPS you'll likely blast through both games fairly quickly as they are direct remakes (right down to every last challenge) but there is so much extra to play through now, including speed run challenges, create-a-park and online / splitscreen multiplayer.

I can't recommend this game enough, especially to classic THPS heads who may have lost interest in this franchise somewhere down the line (and rightly so!).

Now please Activision – release THPS 3+4 remaster with the same love and attention to detail!!
  44. Jan 27, 2021
    This is coming from someone who has achieved the platinum trophy and didn't play the original games these are remastered from: The skateboards, music, skater models, and maps are amazing (for the most part *cough cough* skate heaven *cough cough*). This game doesn't have any microtransactions and you can see the passion that went in from SOME of the game developers. The reason I say someThis is coming from someone who has achieved the platinum trophy and didn't play the original games these are remastered from: The skateboards, music, skater models, and maps are amazing (for the most part *cough cough* skate heaven *cough cough*). This game doesn't have any microtransactions and you can see the passion that went in from SOME of the game developers. The reason I say some is because there's a reason I'll never play this game again and scored it much lower than I would've wanted to despite loving skateboarding games; both games are packed full of bugs, glitches, and inconsistent mechanics. They're so bad that in comparison to other skateboarding games I've played that they're easily the worst and most overrated ones I've ever played. I can't tell you how many times I've glitched into walls of fallen through them and through the entire map. I've also fallen through rails and roofs. Sometimes the game wouldn't register my command inputs on both ps4 and ps5 with multiple controllers (trust me, it's not my controllers). There are times when I'd bail from the skateboard on completely flat land without jumping or doing any tricks - or my combo would randomly end. These bugs were a nightmare when I was doing the get theres. And on top of that, the monotonous grind to level 100 in a (buggy, undertested) game like this made me especially keen on never playing it again. Expand
  45. Sep 8, 2020
    Fantastic remaster, makes me feel like a kid again busting out combos and listening to the classic tunes. The game is visually appealing too, I love all the little attention to details in each level. The menus are nostalgic too, with classic looking thps graphics & loading screens. Wish the game had a better character creator with more options for customising facial features, height,Fantastic remaster, makes me feel like a kid again busting out combos and listening to the classic tunes. The game is visually appealing too, I love all the little attention to details in each level. The menus are nostalgic too, with classic looking thps graphics & loading screens. Wish the game had a better character creator with more options for customising facial features, height, weight etc. A must buy & massive nostalgia trip, I give this game a SICK! SCORE. Expand
  46. Jan 22, 2021
    Best sport game of 2020, great remaster, can't wait for another remastered game from THPS serie
  47. Sep 8, 2020
    Muy buen juego, los niveles del juego y creador por el usuario son hermosos, la personalización del personaje demasiado increible con cada Logo de compañia asociadas al sk8, la musica con los clasicos de antes y los nuevos estan bien. ver el ultimo nivel Skate Heaven me recordo todo lo bueno que eran los tony hawk's.!!
  48. Sep 8, 2020
    One of the best remakes ever made. Wonderful stuff. It has the feel of the original with a bit more weight about it.
  49. Sep 8, 2020
    Contains the feel of the original games but with some added features. A lot of care was put into this remaster, and it shows!
  50. Sep 9, 2020
    Great game... funny.. easy... real... i am playing with my seven year old daughter and it has been great family fun! sure worth buying!
  51. Sep 15, 2020
    It was just over fast, can't wait for some DLC.

Only a few minor glitches
  52. Sep 17, 2020
    An overall improvement from the previous two games in the series, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5. Vicarious Visions did what Robomodo couldn't fail to improve which was gameplay and looked at the Neversoft source code pretty well. The gameplay feels looks the previous two games (THPS1 and THPS2) with some added gameplay mechanics from the later installmentsAn overall improvement from the previous two games in the series, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5. Vicarious Visions did what Robomodo couldn't fail to improve which was gameplay and looked at the Neversoft source code pretty well. The gameplay feels looks the previous two games (THPS1 and THPS2) with some added gameplay mechanics from the later installments including wall plants, spine transfers, acid drops, and more. They also brought back the old cast (Tony Hawk, Steve Caballero, Bob Burnquist, and Rodney Mullen just name a few) along with some new skaters (Leo Baker, Aori Nishimura, Leticia Bufoni (was in THPS5), Lizzie Armanto (was also in THPS5), etc.) in there as well which is pretty nice. The only negative I have is the online play. It needs to have a private lobby feature and the ability to play on custom parks. Overall, it's a pretty nice remaster of the first two games you came to enjoy and love. Expand
  53. Sep 19, 2020
    Amo esta saga y ver, que lo han recreado tal cual y mejorado a las actuales consolas me hace muy feliz.
    No le doy 10, porque faltaron algunas canciones y las caídas parecen bugeadas. Gracias por traerlo de nuevo a la vida
  54. Oct 12, 2020
    if youre thinking about getting this game and playing online with your friend in your own lobby choosing between the greats like graffiti, free skate, HORSE, or trick attack. youre out of luck. instead you get cued into matchmaking with many other players and have ZERO control over what you play online. a step backwards from THAW which released 15 years ago and had the ability to playif youre thinking about getting this game and playing online with your friend in your own lobby choosing between the greats like graffiti, free skate, HORSE, or trick attack. youre out of luck. instead you get cued into matchmaking with many other players and have ZERO control over what you play online. a step backwards from THAW which released 15 years ago and had the ability to play any game type in a public or private lobby. this severly limits the longevity of the game for me, and while the gameplay is good, they really dropped the ball with the online play. Expand
  55. Jan 9, 2021
    The game of constant falling and searching for stuff that has nothing to do with skating.
    I understand people are hyped because of the nostalgia. But realistically the controls suck,
    the mechanics suck, and the fact that none of this was improved in the revamp is just disappointing.

Had a little fun with some stuff, but really was just left frustrated with the poor controls and mechanics.
  56. Sep 5, 2020
    tony hawk pro skater 1 + 2 is a work of art! everything the fans wanted to see this in the game! perfect note 10 ..
  57. Sep 5, 2020
    This game is a beautiful and faithful recreation of the original two Tony Hawk Pro Skater games. The graphics looks crisp and clean and the art style is incredibly unique and fits the "skater" vibe of the series.

The game has the original two career modes, with the first game having an additional 5 new challenges added to each level, to bring it in line with the 10 challenges THPS 2 had. These new challenges breathe a breath of fresh air into the levels and it was nice to have new content to check out in the levels.

For the hardcore grinders that will blow through both campaign modes in a couple hours, there are over SEVEN HUNDRED challenges at the time of writing this at launch, which will award various cosmetics such as boards and gear. There is also an XP system that allows you to unlock new decks, including some that have animated graphics that animate as you ride around the levels.

The multiplayer experience at launch is rather barebones, with a casual and competitive mosh pit playlist to choose from, although the developers did confirm on twitter that private lobbies and other multiplayer updates will be coming later this fall.

All in all, this is a fantastic remaster and if you enjoyed the first two games 20 years or are just looking for a fun skateboarding game, this is without a doubt worth the money.
  58. Sep 14, 2020
    Tiene todo lo que el verdadero fan del juego ha estado esperando. Nos ofrece muchas posibilidades gracias a sus modos de juego tanto en competencias en modo local como multijugador. Fácilmente puedes pasar horas jugando Pro Skater, ya que es un título lleno de adrenalina, lleno de personajes jugables y te da libertad de crear a tu propio skater. Se mantiene la esencia de los juegosTiene todo lo que el verdadero fan del juego ha estado esperando. Nos ofrece muchas posibilidades gracias a sus modos de juego tanto en competencias en modo local como multijugador. Fácilmente puedes pasar horas jugando Pro Skater, ya que es un título lleno de adrenalina, lleno de personajes jugables y te da libertad de crear a tu propio skater. Se mantiene la esencia de los juegos clásicos, pero con un lavado de cara muy favorable. La música es la misma del juego original y sin duda es la cereza del pastel mientras paseas por las calles haciendo misiones. Expand
  59. Sep 7, 2020
    A near perfect remake; faithful to the original Neversoft games, and handles exactly like it should. Don't let the failed Pro Skater 5 outing have you falter here; Tony Hawk is back in full force, the way you remember with a fresh feel to boot. Custom skaters, extra challenges, secret unlocks, original soundtracks *with* additions, and no micro-transactions to speak of. A fully fledged PS1A near perfect remake; faithful to the original Neversoft games, and handles exactly like it should. Don't let the failed Pro Skater 5 outing have you falter here; Tony Hawk is back in full force, the way you remember with a fresh feel to boot. Custom skaters, extra challenges, secret unlocks, original soundtracks *with* additions, and no micro-transactions to speak of. A fully fledged PS1 era Tony Hawk game with all the bells and whistles that the modern console generation can provide. Expand
  60. Sep 5, 2020
    The remastered version of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2 is a masterpiece. Fresh off the major disappointment of Pro Skater 5. This game is one of the best in 2020.
  61. Sep 6, 2020
    Pretty much everything anyone could have wanted from a remaster of these games. The gameplay is almost identical to the originals, even down to the slightly irritating constant movement mechanic which can make stopping and turning around difficult and annoying, but that's a minor gripe. Other bits of the gameplay have been tweaked slightly and feel much better. Visually the game looksPretty much everything anyone could have wanted from a remaster of these games. The gameplay is almost identical to the originals, even down to the slightly irritating constant movement mechanic which can make stopping and turning around difficult and annoying, but that's a minor gripe. Other bits of the gameplay have been tweaked slightly and feel much better. Visually the game looks incredible, the lighting and colours are fantastic and all the remastered levels have so much more detail. The soundtrack is my only major gripe. Many of the original artists are here which is (mostly) great, but the new music that has been added is truly awful! No attempt has even been made to find modern day equivalents of the original line up. The featured "artists" are just terrible pointless noise, the kind of so called bands and artists that no one will remember in two years let alone 20! The original lineup of bands (actual musicians) are mostly still making music today. Why Activision couldn't have found some decent real bands that would stand the test of time (and actually had some talent) i don't know. Luckily i usually get sick of hearing the same songs over and over so i tend to turn all the music off.

The main thing with this game is the fun factor, and like the original this remaster is soooo fun! and and totally addictive. It's really the exact game i needed right now and i'm having a blast playing it, I'm pretty sure anyone who picked it up would too. I'd call this a must buy, whether your'e a skater or just someone who appreciates incredible game design and fun!
  62. Sep 9, 2020
    Amazing game. Really rewarding whilst playing. Probably the most fun I have had on a remastered game to date.
  63. Sep 22, 2020
    This is so fun, best game I've bought in years! The remasters are faithful to the original and very nostalgic (the soundtrack helps too). The levels are well built and have plenty of replay-ability.
    Once the base games are complete there is lots of options for competitive play with ranked mode and online multiplayer. Also, there are over 700 additional challenges, which are varied and offer a massively increased set of objectives, it will take a long time if I ever finish. Create-a-park has a very active set of creators, with some even recreating maps from other games, such as thps 3 & 4. I won't be getting bored any time soon.
  64. Sep 13, 2020
    Очень красивый ремейк с кучей дополнительных заданий) Спасибо за Шейн О'Нила в списке скейтеров)
  65. Nov 3, 2020
    NO CUTSCENE
    NO DIALOG
    NO STORY
    JUST GOOD F**KING GAME
    10/10 ...............
  66. Sep 30, 2020
    The amazing remaster of the amazing game! Vicarious visions made an excellent job!!
  67. Oct 3, 2020
    The ps4 (pro) may be the worst way to experience this title. There is an input delay at the beginning of every run and after a few runs the inputs get much more fickle, sometimes dropping out for seconds at a time.

Great graphics, mediocre game play, low replay value(1 set of goals shared by 20 skaters?).
  68. Sep 6, 2020
    Absolutely incredible remake, every level looks and feels like the original but with updated graphics, it really feels like the definitive way to play from now on
  69. Oct 25, 2020
    Total: 45/100 - People blinded by their nostalgia glasses will praise this game to high heaven, but in the end it’s just an ok repetitive skateboard game good for 1-2 hour bursts at a time that honestly just isn't worth it. Create a skater has very little customization options and almost every preset face is the face of some otherworldy creature. The actual skaters don’t look much better.Total: 45/100 - People blinded by their nostalgia glasses will praise this game to high heaven, but in the end it’s just an ok repetitive skateboard game good for 1-2 hour bursts at a time that honestly just isn't worth it. Create a skater has very little customization options and almost every preset face is the face of some otherworldy creature. The actual skaters don’t look much better. Even though reward money comes at a fairly decent rate, there's nothing of true value to buy with it. While there are no microtransactions in the game as of this review, I can bet they’re coming. They did it with Crash Team Racing after the reviews were out, and I wouldn’t put it past them to do it again. If you REALLY need your skateboarding fix, wait for a sale, or buy Tony Hawk's Underground 2.

Full Score Breakdown

Story: 0/10 - There’s no story.

Graphics: 7/10 - pretty decent looking in some places. bland in others. Skaters don’t look so good.

Sound: 2/10 - Completely abysmal soundtrack. Out of the 59 tracks I kept about 7 songs on. May as well play on mute with your own soundtrack.

Stability: 7/10 - You’ll glitch out here and there but your biggest enemy is texture loading in the customize skater section.

Gameplay: 5/10 - The game controls just as badly as it did in the 90's. Almost every stage has the same objectives, some are near impossible to reach, and some are complete nonsense(jumping from a roof to a rail is not “roof to roof”). 2 Minutes per round is not enough time. Having to go through every level with every character to find their individual stat points hidden in different locations is a joke. Create a skater has very little options.

Fun Factor: 6/10 - Fun in small doses. The cheats are a major plus, as you’ll need to turn them on for any real fun. Beware as you wont earn trophies with them on.

Game Vs Service: 8/10 - Playable offline. Completely set up like a free to play game with level progression and worthless rewards. Multiplayer is equally as worthless.

Start To Finish: 2/10 - Unlocking every course will only take a few hours at most.

Longevity: - 4/10 - Completing all objectives will take around 20 hours or so depending on skill and cheats. No real reason to keep playing after that unless you’re into making, sharing, and playing created skate courses or really want that platinum.

Worth: 5/10 - Totally not worth $40. Grab it at $20 or less.
  70. Sep 21, 2020
    This has to be one of the worst remakes I've seen to this day. Lazy and with less content than the originals (customization and park creator can't compare with previous THPS titles) and to top it all always-online requirement for PC version. Seriously, always online requirement on a remake? Of a single-player game?

Naming this THPS is an insult to the originals.
  71. Sep 12, 2020
    Very clunky controls, horrible vert mechanics, terrible stat point allocation and builds. The differences are usually very drastic so you don’t even get rewarded for using all your stats. Game is very buggy you will phase through the ground, you will switch camera angles often, you will not get your proper inputs even when hard wired in, and the grind feature is clunky at best. The 2Very clunky controls, horrible vert mechanics, terrible stat point allocation and builds. The differences are usually very drastic so you don’t even get rewarded for using all your stats. Game is very buggy you will phase through the ground, you will switch camera angles often, you will not get your proper inputs even when hard wired in, and the grind feature is clunky at best. The 2 minute time trial for each area is more a hassle than it is a challenge. Cosmetics are mediocre. Unlocks are kinda cool with JB & Alien man but it’s not enough to justify the insane consequence of playing a game that is **** Expand
  72. Dec 25, 2020
    This game is amazing, would be happy if it was the only game I could play ever.
  73. Oct 15, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is horrible. It looks like a little child built these levels. The controls are all wrong. You fall every time because the game is not made correctly Expand
  74. Sep 12, 2020
    Remove DRM.................................................................
  75. Oct 31, 2020
    This game is horrible. It looks like a little child built these levels. I don't know where are from this people coming giving rating above 8+ child brain. What a waste of money same as previous version.
  76. Sep 7, 2020
    Take off your nostalgia goggles off please. We all love thps 1&2 but this isn't the same. The customization is only for a created skater not the pros which is lame. You only complete goals once, making this game pretty useless after about 3 hours when you beat it. The park maker is a joke, literally thps3 has a better park creator. The little things bother me, like "no blood", "theTake off your nostalgia goggles off please. We all love thps 1&2 but this isn't the same. The customization is only for a created skater not the pros which is lame. You only complete goals once, making this game pretty useless after about 3 hours when you beat it. The park maker is a joke, literally thps3 has a better park creator. The little things bother me, like "no blood", "the annoying character voice you can't turn off and the art style they went for which really bothers me. For $15 i'd say it's OK but not $40. Expand
  77. Sep 11, 2020
    Riddled with bugsRiddled with bugsRiddled with bugsRiddled with bugsRiddled with bugs
  78. Sep 15, 2020
    (I have never played tony hawk before this remake. ) I was browsing to the PSN store looking for a relaxing game than I saw Tony Hawk remake. After downloading start playing and know weeks later still hooked and love every second of it. This game is just fun and you should form your own opinion but this game in my opinion is a buy.
  79. Sep 5, 2020
    Only bought for multi-player, I only enjoyed 2 hours but I can see how people can find this game fun. I thought the controls seem counter intuitive and I couldn't be bothered to get past the learning curve to simply make my grind for some cosmetics easier. Has some bugs, customization seems meh, and this does not seem like my type of game, thus a 7.
  80. Sep 6, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its a nostalgic purchase I'll be waiting for a sale, $55 for the standard edition were im from and thats for 2 ps1 games.. no store,dlc or anything in the nature.. meanwhile ill play on my PSclassic with Spotify for the music. I hope you fell for the review copy hype from YouTube because it does wonders.. Now you know why people loved skate so much.. I believe the good reviews are from the generation thats too young too play the originals Expand
  81. Sep 5, 2020
    I played it with great expectations, but it was a game with great disappointment.
    It's boring and the feel of operation is not good.
  82. Sep 6, 2020
    I really mean this, this game is a 10/10. It's an excellent reboot of an absolutely timelessly fun game. Multiplayer, level editor. Super solid soundtrack. Great flow. This game is everything a skate game should be. It captures the essence of free spirit and even if you don't give a single s*** about the topic of skateboarding, this game is consistently fun. Mechanics are clever andI really mean this, this game is a 10/10. It's an excellent reboot of an absolutely timelessly fun game. Multiplayer, level editor. Super solid soundtrack. Great flow. This game is everything a skate game should be. It captures the essence of free spirit and even if you don't give a single s*** about the topic of skateboarding, this game is consistently fun. Mechanics are clever and controls are tight. Absolutely excellent. Expand
  83. Apr 20, 2021
    Take off your rose tinted glasses.
    This is a very good re-master of an old, one-dimensional game.
    They've improved everything but it doesn't detract that this is pretty much identical gameplay-wise as it was when the originals released. There is no way this game is a 10/10 In fact any reviews over 5/10 are delusional. Its a good game, but its the same as it was 20 years ago Its not
    Take off your rose tinted glasses.
    This is a very good re-master of an old, one-dimensional game.
    There is no way this game is a 10/10
    In fact any reviews over 5/10 are delusional.
    Its a good game, but its the same as it was 20 years ago
    Its not remotely worth the price of admission and if you played these games as much as I did when they were fresh, there is little to interest you in these remasters.
  84. Oct 21, 2020
    Yes this game really fascinates with adrenaline and makes the game interesting in terms of sports games
    Everything is polished and works as I was expecting)
  85. Sep 15, 2020
    A great game, but with a major caveat and it is the partnership with the Call of Duty Endowment that supports terrorism, and war crimes throughout the US military.
  86. Oct 20, 2020
    A fun but lazy remake of a classic. No new ideas or concepts. I guess that's what people want these days.
  87. Sep 5, 2020
    Overall a pretty flawless remake and restoration of the first two games, which is only let down by its high price point of 45 € in europe, which is just too high, for my liking, given that you get most trippleA games nowadays for 50 €.

The graphical update is quite good, but the graphic is not as good as in the indie skate game session, for example. And the game has also not quite the amount of tricks, people are used to perform in other games, like Session, or Skate 3+4, which is expected, because as said it's a pretty faithful restoration of the first two games.

They added reverts and spine transfers from Tony Hawk 3+4, to keep the combos going longer and a few special tricks for your super meter, buts that's it. No fancy things like laying down on the board flat to gain speed downhill, or jumping on your board without doing an ollie. You also still can't push with your foot on the ground to gain speed. The game still has only two velocities. If you push no button at all, your character moves automatically in slow speed and if you hold down A, he or she starts kneeling on the board and goes at a faster speed, but you have to jump afterwards, when you let go of A. There is no way to chancel the fast speed back into normal speed without jumping, at least to my knowledge.

But that you can't control the speed of your board in a more incremental and precise way, is the only real complaint I have about this game, beside of the high price point. Im not quite sure why they did not just implement pushing by foot, by pressing a button on the controller. Because they already have the foot push animation in game.

Otherwise, the game is great:

- Great level design in a way that you can connect your tricks easily into large combos across the whole maps, which is super addictive to do. Not like in Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3,4, where many of the levels like carnival or zoo felt very empty, with not enough rails or ramps to connect your tricks.

- Great character designer, maybe not quite as powerful as in other games, like Soul Calibur or Tekken, but you still can personalize your character way more than I would have expected. Only the real silly things are missing, like a clown, animal or superhero custom with cape. The craziest you can go is creating a hipster with a colorful mohawk haircut and moustache.

- Great skate park creator, where you can build huge multilayered skate parks yourself, even in a vertical tower like design and upload them for others to play, with a rating system similar to mario maker. The skate park creator is easily the highlight of this game. The only thing missing from it is the ability to create your own missions inside of it. Like giving your parks a time limit and objectives like collecting the skate letters, or jumping over a certain amount of hydrants inside of your own skate park, that would be the cherry on top of the pie.

Overall I give this game an 8.5 out of 10. Only real complaints are the high price and not being able to push your board by foot and maybe, but that's real nit picky now, that you can't build your own missions inside the skate park creator and that you don't have more exotic costumes and skins in the character creator.

Just for comparison purpose, I would give the indie skate game Session a 7 out of 10, because it may have the better graphics and more tricks, but it does not have this arcady feeling I love so much, with maps build in a way that you can connect tricks to combos over the whole map, ludicrous high scores and 10 meter high jumps.
  88. Sep 7, 2020
    This game is an amazing remake. For a $40 game, it is great. The gameplay is fun and very fast paced. It feels just as good as the originals. The graphics are neat and the game has very good fps. The soundtrack is good and the developers even added new tracks. The level design is nicely done.

The world and attention to detail are well done. This game has an insane amount of customization. You can create your own skater and there are a good amount of customization options for your skater. There are plenty of board designs to choose from. You can also create your own park. There are so many props to build an awesome skate park.

It's good to see that this $40 game has multiplayer. Greedy Activision charged the same price for the Crash Trilogy remake with no multiplayer, so it's nice to see them change their ways. The game itself already has tons of replay value offline, so it's biblical that it has online. You can also play local multiplayer. It is disappointing their are no private lobbies yet. Nonetheless, this game is awesome. I definitely recommend this game.
  89. Sep 6, 2020
    Tony Hawk didn't need to come back, but he did anyways. And it's awesome. 10/10
  90. Nov 15, 2020
    Es un gran upgrade de las dos primeras entregas de THPS, creo que quizá es muy conservador para mi gusto, pero cumple para revivir la nostalgia.
  91. Sep 12, 2020
    Im a little bit excited and mindlessly giving it a 10 in my head but its still an early 2000s style game! Im bias towards the game and brings me back to the late 90s. Soundtrack is great.
  92. Jan 11, 2021
    Fantastic remakes of the original two THPS games with additional content, including new music, challenges and online multiplayer. The core gameplay is as fun as ever and includes a ton of the mechanics from later entries, such as 'wall-plants' and 'reverts'. The only serious complaint is that the online multiplayer is fairly barebones and the character creator lacks variety outside of clothing.
  93. Dec 4, 2020
    A dinâmica do jogo está muito boa, tudo que acrescetou de mecânicas antigas foi muito bem vinda.
  94. Nov 6, 2020
    This was one of those rare Day 1 purchases for me, because I just knew the time and effort put into this remaster. It’s an absolutely perfect update to two of the greatest video games ever made. I had to put my money where my mouth is and show my support as early as possible. The same fun and frantic gameplay is here, just like we all remember it. It’s difficult, but not to the point whereThis was one of those rare Day 1 purchases for me, because I just knew the time and effort put into this remaster. It’s an absolutely perfect update to two of the greatest video games ever made. I had to put my money where my mouth is and show my support as early as possible. The same fun and frantic gameplay is here, just like we all remember it. It’s difficult, but not to the point where it’s infuriating (I’m looking at you Crash). They were even able to bring back the excellent soundtracks, which fit perfectly with the skating itself. The case is all here, even though some of them look like they are old men now. But there are also new skaters, and you can create your own, with tons of customization. Speaking of that, you can spend points you earn from challenges to buy cool stuff from the store, including boards, apparel and more. Each skater has their own set of challenges. All the original levels are back too, with all of their respective goals . THPS 1+2 is a real gem. Expand
  95. Sep 5, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Depois de 2 meses aguardando, finalmente THPS 1+2 foi lançado e podemos notar o detalhe e trabalho duro que a Vicarious Vision teve com o jogo. O gráfico é insano, os modos de jogos são atraentes e os personagens estão legais. Mas como esse jogo continuará vivo daqui 1 mês? Os modos são repetitivos, o modo online é chato, você pode zerar todo o jogo em 24 horas e liberar todos os vídeos em 3 dias, mas e depois? Crie sua pista é desnecessário. Não tem objetivos, não tem como jogar com amigos e o servidor de jogo está péssimo. São fatores que matarão THPS e eu não quero isso. Expand
  96. Sep 5, 2020
    Game brings back so many memories. Game looks great and plays very well, yet stays almost entirely true to the originals at the same time. I’m enjoying sharing this game with my son, he really likes it.
  97. Sep 6, 2020
    This is a fantastic game , with one fault . Its too short . I wish it contains pro skater 3 and 4
  98. Sep 29, 2020
    Another Remake From Vicarious Visions Has Hit The Right Mark, Probably One Of My Favorite Remakes Of All Time, Solid Gameplay, Solid Level Design, Solid Visuals And Graphics, Solid Framerate, Solid Create Skater And Creator Park, Solid Roster Of New And Old Skaters.
  99. Oct 4, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just started playing and allready feel like the good Tony Hawk games it feels so nostalgic and it's perfect for waiting on Skate 4. Building skateparks was the **** in skate 3.

Peace out and stay safe
  100. Nov 9, 2020
    this game would be a 11/10 if it had a better character customization system, only has more or less 15 faces to chose and like 15 haircuts too. for me is the only fail of the game.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 74 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Nov 16, 2020
    What the developers of THPS 1 + 2 managed to achieve is nothing short of miraculous. During the first minutes with the game I was sure I had traveled back in time and only some new songs on the soundtrack convinced me otherwise. The remake feels exactly like the original game and, simply put, it is absurdly good. [11/2020, p.34]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Nov 15, 2020
    More than a simple re-release, Vicarious Visions has pulled off the impressive trick of delivering definitive versions of two legendary games. No fakie, this is the real deal. [Issue#181, p.97]
  3. Oct 23, 2020
    An amazing helping of skating fun for the nostalgic players among you. This is a remake that perfectly encapsulates the qualities and atmosphere of the original games.