5.2

1. Jan 12, 2014
    War Thunder - best combat game dedicated to World War II military aviation, armored vehicles, and fleets. Now testing armored vehicles. Most playing. Gaijin`s testing WW2 tanks now. Air-ground combats WW2 in 1 game - very good.
  2. Oct 1, 2019
    The whole family likes this game! Every day there is a queue to play it! I recommend it to everyone!
  3. May 14, 2021
    Beautiful game, many different technic, modes, donation is not mandatory, developers constantly improve the game. New mode World War is awesome? very interesting and realistic. My mark is ten with a big plus. You will like this game, believe me! ; D
  4. Dec 15, 2018
    Лучший Российский проект!Одна из лучших игр про технику 20 и 21 века
  5. Jun 16, 2015
    A very good game with unlockables and daily rewards but unlocking stuff takes a long time......

The rest of this reriew will be spam to pass..............................................................

The sabres and Panthers are good as well for the mig jets
  6. Nov 29, 2016
    War thunder- it is one of the best ww2 games out there. It is also free and is on ps4 and the pc. If you can't us the ps4 controller to aim you can just hook up a keyboard and mouse. It can be arcade or simulator. It combines everything world of tanks, and warplanes have and puts it into one. Plus I heard there will also be boats soon. All around a great game
  7. Nov 29, 2018
    Awesome game getting better all the time. Now with ships and choppers.... wow, just wow. Balance is also so much better nowadays. Don't pay attention to most of the negative reviews... War Thunder has come a long way in the past year. Most of the issues have been corrected and what I really appreciate about Gaijin is that they try very hard to listen to their customers. As for pay toAwesome game getting better all the time. Now with ships and choppers.... wow, just wow. Balance is also so much better nowadays. Don't pay attention to most of the negative reviews... War Thunder has come a long way in the past year. Most of the issues have been corrected and what I really appreciate about Gaijin is that they try very hard to listen to their customers. As for pay to win.. if you really need to get that level 4+ vehicle/plane/ship then the grind is pretty tough. Here's the truth though for the majority players.. the most fun is nearly always in the mid to lower tiers and that's what the old-timers consistently return to again and again. I have some level 4 and 5's but I never have nearly the fun as I do zipping around in the lower tiers. And honestly, the first 3 tiers are pretty easy goals to reach and reasonably priced if you haven't the time to grind. Expand
  8. May 3, 2014
    Incredible flight mechanics. Immersive multiplayer game play. I just keep coming back to this after months, and is the current PS4 game that is attracting all of my attention.
  9. Nov 9, 2019
    Gráficos impressionantes e um conteúdo que não pára de crescer: você pode jogar com aviões, navios e tanques! E existem 3 modos: Arcade, Realista e Simulação (meu preferido! Funciona melhor com um manche thrustmaster). Não pense que é "Pay to Win": veículos Premium não vão resolver nada se você não souber jogar direito! Diversão garantida! Dica: o modo de batalha de tanques (realista)Gráficos impressionantes e um conteúdo que não pára de crescer: você pode jogar com aviões, navios e tanques! E existem 3 modos: Arcade, Realista e Simulação (meu preferido! Funciona melhor com um manche thrustmaster). Não pense que é "Pay to Win": veículos Premium não vão resolver nada se você não souber jogar direito! Diversão garantida! Dica: o modo de batalha de tanques (realista) garante muitas gargalhadas com as coisas que acontecem! Recomendo! Expand
  10. Apr 14, 2014
    Gaijin have done it again i loved their il-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey. I doubted they could create another great game on a F2P title but they did well with easy controls, Simple Research tree and amazing visuals.
    It does how ever fail in the simulator battles as no one seems to play them and i have spent 20 minutes waiting for 1 match.
  11. Nov 11, 2014
    This game will give you literally hours of game play for free. It is not even necessary to subscribe to Playstation Plus to play this game online. Tons of tanks and planes to choose from. many customization are available. Just for this game alone it is worth it to get PS4. This game is highly recommended
  12. Feb 15, 2014
    Dont you have money??
    Are you want play good video games with '0' usd so this game is best for you!!!

In this game the best f2p for flight games.Better than world of warplanes.
    But translating is not good for turk player.
    I have never seen worst translating like this.

But ı give 8 point to this game :)
  13. Mar 16, 2015
    This is one of my personal favorites, I loved the PC version and found the PS4 port just as fun, I don't see why people are so upset about it. I still play the PC version a lot more because while the joysticks are smoother, i found that mouse and keyboard were easier for me
  14. Jul 13, 2014
    this game got shot right out of the sky. this game is action packed of dog fights. plane v.s. plane plane and simple. the graphics could be better. other than that the game works great. fun to play and it's free so what do you expect. 8/10
  15. Jun 16, 2014
    What a fantastic game! War Thunder really caught me by surprised on how good it is. Not sure why this game is scoring low with some of you people, maybe the learning curve is too difficult?

Pro's Realistic flight and damage models. Maps look great and are huge. 300+ planes. Deep upgrade system. Steep learning curve! Cross-plat play. Grinding is actually fun. Neg

Pro's

Realistic flight and damage models.
    Maps look great and are huge.
    300+ planes.
    Deep upgrade system.
    Steep learning curve!
    Cross-plat play.
    Grinding is actually fun.

Neg

Terrible UI.
    Sometimes can be a bit buggy.
    Not enough game mode types.
  16. Mar 3, 2014
    Don't listen to those saying there is too many microtransactions. I've already unlocked 4 planes and 3 more countries from playing just 4 hours! The only downside I can see is that it needs some polishing graphics-wise, and the menu's need sorting for proper DS4 navigation.

The gameplay is fantastic - yes no auto-aim so truly core experience. Would recommend to anyone looking for something fresh (and it's free!).
  17. Jun 11, 2014
    Great game. Amazing graphics, incredible flight mechanics, huge maps, a lot of planes. I have played for 50 hours without paying for anything and it's great. However premium players can be annoing sometimes. If you want to unlock better/best planes you will have to pay. It takes so so so long to unlock anything better than only good.
  18. Jun 6, 2014
    for a F2P game, this is one of the best out there. comparable graphics to a AA game, intuitive easy to pick up controls, and above all, amazing gameplay. the aircraft and tanks feel real and for the most part, respond well to your directions. for such a small development team, they a re constantly fixing things and releasing updates to continue improving the game. if you love WW2 combatfor a F2P game, this is one of the best out there. comparable graphics to a AA game, intuitive easy to pick up controls, and above all, amazing gameplay. the aircraft and tanks feel real and for the most part, respond well to your directions. for such a small development team, they a re constantly fixing things and releasing updates to continue improving the game. if you love WW2 combat with vehicles, this is the game for you Expand
  19. Apr 12, 2015
    War Thunder looks way better on PS4, than it's PC counterpart, but it still has minor issues that can be fixed in upcoming updates. First of all, I hated World Of Warplanes, the ability to spawn only once, the goofy controlling, the cheesy explosions and overall the unrealistic feel of the planes. War Thunder fed my itch to fly around in World War 2 warplanes. Not only planes, but groundWar Thunder looks way better on PS4, than it's PC counterpart, but it still has minor issues that can be fixed in upcoming updates. First of all, I hated World Of Warplanes, the ability to spawn only once, the goofy controlling, the cheesy explosions and overall the unrealistic feel of the planes. War Thunder fed my itch to fly around in World War 2 warplanes. Not only planes, but ground combat, with TANKS. Both in one game! World Of Warplanes and World Of Tanks are two separate games. The controls are smooth, and feel at home on the Dualshock 4. There is cross platform play, so the servers will be busy and crowded. But, I hate how you have to pay for the Historical Campaign, F2P should be about micro transactions to get parts for planes or get new planes, but not a CAMPAIGN! But there are solo missions where you can go into Pearl Harbor or Battle Of Britian and many more. But the plane selection is limited, but GAJIN will add more in many updates to come. Overall, it looks great, feels great, sounds great and it's FREE! Worth the time and download. Expand
  20. Jun 6, 2014
    I don't think words can describe how this game is amazing even in beta stage, I must say. I just love how it feels, controls are amazing. On graphics side, game is simply beautiful and breath taking. I want to suggest this masterpiece to everyone that loves to be a tanker and a pilot. And soon an admiral?
  21. Jun 14, 2014
    For me, this game is very especially interesting - impressive graphics, authentic sounds.
    It was created for playing between rare outputs AAA - titles.
    also It playing cool on ps vita
  22. Jul 8, 2014
    Im enjoying this (free) game more than anything I've played since Borderlands 2 on my ps3. The feeling of the flight sim is excellent, and the graphics are very good. I've had no need to pay for anything yet and can't forsee the need to ever pay unless I want to go for the very top tier planes, but Im a fan of the early 1940s / Pacific campaign and I already have those.

The UI takes

The UI takes some time to figure out (dont all f2p games?) but once you make sense of it all (hang in there, you will figure it out) the game is just stupidly fun.
  23. Dec 10, 2014
    The game is good. However, your account doesn't carry over from PC. Only regret. I mean I have already spent so much money on the PC version, and now I get it on PS4 I am hoping that I can cross platform my account only to find out that I can't really sucks.
  24. Feb 12, 2015
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ignore all the negative reviews, console players are just too stubborn when it comes to different games. The game would be just as repetitive as a FPS, but the game goes beyond just the game play. There are all the new planes to collect and special events, there are tons of movements that you can learn to be an Ace pilot. The game isn't as "beautiful" as what some think the amount of work put into the landscape is pretty bad, but from the sky it looks decent enough to enjoy. The controls are great and the different game modes really change up the game play more than you'd expect, warning though game is not made for everyone. which it would explain the negative reviews. It's a free game you'd expect the lower grade of the console community to play it, trust me i play all different kinds of games. I've played over 60 PC games on steam alone, some of the most enjoyable games I've played have had terrible reviews, but all the positive ones were ecstatic about it. So try War Thunder, maybe you'll like it, maybe you weren't not all games are built for everyone, think about that next time you read reviews.

25. Mar 25, 2015
    Lol @ "you need 100s of dollars to get jets!" and the idiots complaining about physics that play arcade.

The good: It's 100% free, you can max out most of tier 1&2 of every country without much effort. It starts to be a grind after tier3, but it's free so whatever. You need a keyboard and mouse to compete against pc players, but at least there's always thousands of people playing.

The bad: It's made by a russian developer who despite claiming they have no bias in making russian tanks/planes better it's quite obvious. They won't match countries historically, because russia would stand zero chance in the air or on the ground. They'll use prototype russian aircraft with 4 cannons and match them with first gen german aircraft (developed years earlier) that have 1 cannon.

It's also designed so you have a 50/50 win/loss rate despite how good you are. So the game will punish you for winning and match you with people who have higher ranked vehicles if you win too often.
  26. Dec 10, 2015
    fun game, progression is a bit confusing but they ability to play with your PC friends was an amazing touch that more games shoulf look into. Aeriel combat is fun. However, tanks is a bit difficult and is hard to get into but still doable.
  27. Feb 4, 2020
    Excellent game. As a ww2 aviation history buff this game is like a history lesson. Only criticism is that rather than bomb bases, missions could be more varied...ie bomb this bridge to stop this detachment reaching this point, then bomb oil refinery to impede enemy progress...rather than just "BOMB THIS BASE". Graphics great, UI hard on ps4 but manageable, and yes if you want to progressExcellent game. As a ww2 aviation history buff this game is like a history lesson. Only criticism is that rather than bomb bases, missions could be more varied...ie bomb this bridge to stop this detachment reaching this point, then bomb oil refinery to impede enemy progress...rather than just "BOMB THIS BASE". Graphics great, UI hard on ps4 but manageable, and yes if you want to progress at a reasonable pace you'll need to spend some money. mAll in all, I love this game. I speak as a commercial pilot fwiw. Expand
  28. Dec 25, 2016
    Game used to be unbalanced, but as of lately, I think it stands in a good state. Interesting WW2-era game, can play as either tanks or aircraft, and I believe ships are coming soon. Lots of fun with friends, beautiful graphics, never encountered any bugs, and can get very addictive as you want to progress to unlock more advanced vehicles. Music is classic, keeps you in the mood.
  29. Dec 19, 2019
    Do you want to spend time useful and productive while playing games? This game is perfect for you! This game looks just fine compared to competitors
  30. Dec 19, 2019
    Technicians are simply above the roof, on the mouse you can drive and understand that size does not always matter)))
  31. Dec 19, 2019
    The physics is excellent, but there are bugs, but where are they not? You need good hardware, the Internet is desirable for adsl, a bunch of any settings, you can even play in black and white))
  32. Jan 21, 2020
    The physics is excellent, but there are bugs, but where are they not? Good iron is needed. Technicians are just above the roof.
  33. Jan 21, 2020
    It’s a fun game, when I used to play other tanks, but when I found out that war thunder finally came out - it’s out of competition, I immediately went there for quality.
  34. Jul 26, 2020
    First of all, this game is not for everyone. It's not clear arcade like WOT and has harder controls. Graphics IMO are great especially vehicle models. This game is for people who like something harder from arcade or just simulation. There are plenty of vehicles from 9 countries: planes, boats and tanks of course.
    On console i recommend playing air arcade or air realistic battles, but low
    On console i recommend playing air arcade or air realistic battles, but low tier tanks are cool too. Especially germans. Don't play naval higher br than 2.0 because you'll wait +10mins. If yo're really into air rb, buy joystick. It has some problems like balance or
  35. Dec 22, 2020
    Лучший симулятор танковых сражений на данный момент. Множество различной техники и реалистичная модель повреждения, учитывающая множество мелочей вплоть до баллистических колпачков на снарядах.
  36. Mar 21, 2021
    This game has lots of varieties of playing style when in combat.
    For example, you can play light/medium/heavy tank , anti air , tank sniper and plane in ground battle,
  37. Mar 5, 2022
    Fantastic game !!! If you love vehicles from WW2 and the Cold War this is the game to play. Great graphics . Easy control options . Regular updates !!! Keep this in mind the game has been around since 2015 and still updating and most important growing!!!
  38. Apr 26, 2022
    yes hello i been playing game for 2.816.174,462 hour since 2010 graphic bad blah blah blah dont play it the devs are russian so they must be comunist or something 3/11 starts

Generally favorable reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 9, 2014
    While the initial learning curve is daunting, this is one of those games that opens up dramatically the more that you play it, so the time commitment is worthwhile whether you're a laidback dogfighter or a hardcore simmer.
  2. Jul 6, 2014
    The Ground Forces expansion makes War Thunder even bigger than it was already, an MMO F2P that lets you choose the war you want: simulation or arcade, air or ground, challenging or relaxing, competitive or cooperative, free or with fee, PC or PS4.
  3. Jun 20, 2014
    It’s mostly the moments in between battles that bring the whole experience down, as a lack of information and poor menus tarnish this flying ace.