7.3

1. Oct 27, 2017
    It's literally never been a better time to kill Nazis.

It's literally never been a better time to kill Nazis.

The game does not miss a step from the New order. It's a direct continuation. I mean like the first game never ended. So don't worry about that mishmash of a game called the old blood. This game's story plot so far is as good as the New order. The run and gun action feels great. Sounds of the weapons sound meaty. The music not only pumps you up but is very musical. There is a lot of levity mixed in with the killing of the Nazis which made me laugh fewa times. There are multiple difficulties and a "hint" button in-game so you can play it kind of old school style. Meaning you make your own way. And only use it when you get stuck. Which I really like. I hate it when games nowadays lead your hand all the time. So much you don't have to think where you are going. Great game so far. Machine Games know what they are doing. You really can't go wrong with buying this if you enjoy FPSs or the New order.
  2. Oct 29, 2017
    Of course instead of people talking about how great the game is it's nazi supporting nut jobs trying to damage control the game for the fact that this series has always been about killing the nazis if this is the next generation of humanity count me out. So for people who want to hear about the game it is a great follow up to the new order as almost everything has been improved in everyOf course instead of people talking about how great the game is it's nazi supporting nut jobs trying to damage control the game for the fact that this series has always been about killing the nazis if this is the next generation of humanity count me out. So for people who want to hear about the game it is a great follow up to the new order as almost everything has been improved in every way honestly one of 2017's best. Expand
  3. Oct 27, 2017
    Outstanding Game. So far, best shooter I have played since years.
    Story is just amazing and all caracters are freaking good.
    Just have some small isuess but in general it is the one of the best single slayer game I have played.
  4. Oct 29, 2017
    The shear stupidity on this review thread from people is astondin to say the least I thought humanity could not get any stupider but thanks for proving me wrong yet again metacritic . Anyway the actual game is great fun story fun gameplay the usual stuff and these dumb-assess are crying about lack of multiplayer and killin nazis Jesus.
  5. Oct 27, 2017
    For what it is - I must go 10 this time. Simply put - Shooting/action is extremely satisfying and even more improved and story is amazing just like in W:TNO (I have a suspicion that authors of the game likes Quentin Tarantino but thats only a plus for me).I really don't have much to say, if you enjoyed the first game you definitely enjoy this one ! Its like when Cameron made Aliens if youFor what it is - I must go 10 this time. Simply put - Shooting/action is extremely satisfying and even more improved and story is amazing just like in W:TNO (I have a suspicion that authors of the game likes Quentin Tarantino but thats only a plus for me).I really don't have much to say, if you enjoyed the first game you definitely enjoy this one ! Its like when Cameron made Aliens if you know what I mean ;) For first person shooter this is really the best you can currently get. Expand
  6. Oct 27, 2017
    Wolfenstein the new order is my favorite game in 2014,a bad ass story filled with memorable characters.The sequel is all that but just better.The gunplay and graphics improved so much.It's also more brutal than the first one,you can smash an axe into enemy's face.It's rare to see a linear shooter that focus on the story and single player gameplay these days.And Machine games done itWolfenstein the new order is my favorite game in 2014,a bad ass story filled with memorable characters.The sequel is all that but just better.The gunplay and graphics improved so much.It's also more brutal than the first one,you can smash an axe into enemy's face.It's rare to see a linear shooter that focus on the story and single player gameplay these days.And Machine games done it perfectly.
    Just like the first game,this is a trip that you will never forget.
  7. Oct 27, 2017
    Shooting mechanic is great on this game. Story is great on this game, like all the Wolfenstein games, plus it's always fun killing nazis, that never gets old.
  8. Oct 27, 2017
    Everything that one was hoping from a Wolfenstein sequel. Absolutely stellar game. Mick Gordon has done yet another fantastic soundtrack. The characters are great and the story is wonderfully over the top again
  9. Oct 29, 2017
    A perfect example of what a sequel should. Machine Games took the brilliant New Order and turned into one of the best first person shooters of all time with the New Colossus. The characters, the pacing, the narrative, the music and the unrelenting gameplay, everything about this game oozes with Uber perfection. Easily my Game of The Year.
  10. Oct 29, 2017
    What a great FPS this is! Got up to Roswell and the quality of graphics and music is excellent. Terror Billy this time round has a very cool armour suit he wears, as he is physically weak from operations, and can dual wield guns though I find this burns through ammo too quickly. Explore thoroughly as levels are packed with collectibles, star cards, weapon upgrade packs and so on. ReadingWhat a great FPS this is! Got up to Roswell and the quality of graphics and music is excellent. Terror Billy this time round has a very cool armour suit he wears, as he is physically weak from operations, and can dual wield guns though I find this burns through ammo too quickly. Explore thoroughly as levels are packed with collectibles, star cards, weapon upgrade packs and so on. Reading notebooks and postcards immerses you in the alternate history.

The NPCs are very well done and if you stand still get to hear them talk, usually very funny conversations like Set and Frau Engels daughter, when she bursts into song :-) Weapons are well done with heavy weapons like the laser cannon an absolute joy, you can melt crates to grab more ammo-shield-health packs. I upgraded the assault rifle for armour piercing for extra damage versus drones and armoured troops. Guns feel solid with effects like recoil and muzzle flash done well.

Great FPS blast, do you go all guns blazing or a stealthier approach? Personally I like stealth as it satisfying to find a vent you can snipe from and take down enemies, think I will go for the sniper scope on the AR as iron sites at range are poor. Lots of things to explode in the game like fuel tanks and gas cannisters. Stealth you can silence your weapons and use takedowns with the hatchet, thrown or held though throwing it needs a clean line of site and is low distance only. The NPCs are so well done its similar in quality to The Witcher 3. Ace game buy it, kill Nazis and liberate America!
  11. Oct 27, 2017
    This is how you honor an old franchise. Excellent, fresh, fast & fun. Story is jaw-droppingly good, considering genre and Mick Gordons soundtrack packs a punch.
    Original Wolfy wasn´t the first FPS, but it´s my first FPS that i played back in the day.
    I like that Machine Games is doing their own thing with this IP.
  12. Oct 29, 2017
    It is funny as hell to see these to watch these right wingers try and down vote this game because of the nazi killing in the game I thought that we can all agree that nazis were bad people but nope there is always that one guy. Honestly ignore these idiots and get the game if you want to just anger them further. But if you want an actual reason to buy it then it is because it is one of theIt is funny as hell to see these to watch these right wingers try and down vote this game because of the nazi killing in the game I thought that we can all agree that nazis were bad people but nope there is always that one guy. Honestly ignore these idiots and get the game if you want to just anger them further. But if you want an actual reason to buy it then it is because it is one of the most fun shooters you will ever play this generation. Expand
  13. Oct 28, 2017
    Wolfenstein 2 is the greatest game i've ever played, without a doubt. This game blew me away in every single aspect, from the fast, frantic, satisfying Nazi slaughter, to the poignant, hilarious, grounded story. Well, maybe grounded isn't the best word. But really, what makes me love Wolf 2 so much is just how human it all is. This game made me feel so many things, it's a wonder just howWolfenstein 2 is the greatest game i've ever played, without a doubt. This game blew me away in every single aspect, from the fast, frantic, satisfying Nazi slaughter, to the poignant, hilarious, grounded story. Well, maybe grounded isn't the best word. But really, what makes me love Wolf 2 so much is just how human it all is. This game made me feel so many things, it's a wonder just how much it manages to balance all of it. Wolf 2 made me happy, it made me sad. It made me angry, it made me scared. It made me feel powerful, and vulnerable at the same time. It made me laugh, cry, and curse at my television.
    Jaw Drop Counter: 6 times.
    Crying Counter: 3 times.
    I honestly recommend Wolfenstein 2 to anyone who likes videogames. Whether you're in it for the story, or for the gameplay, you won't be dissapointed. Go buy this game.
  14. Oct 29, 2017
    Sadly it was a given that the Neo Nazis of today gather here to down vote this brilliant game. Fight Nazis, fight white suprematists, fight Trump and other xenophobes...never stop to resist fascism!

The game is brilliant, the best FPS this year and even better than the first games. The graphics are amazing even on base PS4. It's incredible they squeeze that beauty out of that thing at 60fps.

Humor, soundtrack and everything else and NO f'in MICROTRANSACTIONS make this a must buy for everyone who likes FPS or killing Nazis.
  15. Oct 29, 2017
    Of course the alt right crybabies are trying to down vote this is anyone actual surprised that these idiots who probably don't even own the game are upset just cause of the fact you kill nazis. Well dumb dumbs the franchise has always been about killing nazis so are you going to try and ask for them not to be sold anywhere else. Jesus some people are stupid.
  16. Oct 28, 2017
    This game follows on perfectly from the first and improves on almost all aspects that may have let the first game down slightly. I'm kind of in awe that some people are giving this game 0/10 or 1/10 for reasons like too short or no multiplayer, Well first of all for a single player game the story is damn long and has plenty of replay value, with exceptional game play, voice acting andThis game follows on perfectly from the first and improves on almost all aspects that may have let the first game down slightly. I'm kind of in awe that some people are giving this game 0/10 or 1/10 for reasons like too short or no multiplayer, Well first of all for a single player game the story is damn long and has plenty of replay value, with exceptional game play, voice acting and narrative that keeps the story engaging, it's just the same as watching a well made film that gives you enjoyment multiple times over you have a game gives you that exact same feeling although you have many more hours and get to be a part of the action. Now to people that say no multiplayer......... just **** off.......yep simply put **** off, you knew this game was not going to have multiplayer so using that as a detractor is like buying a car knowing it's a three door and then complaining to the manufacturer that it doesn't have five,which quite simply makes you sounds a remtard short of trying to bite your own ear off while trying to use your fingers to touch your wrists.

My hat goes off to the developers who have poured time, effort and love in to this game and have created something that hasn't been seen in modern gaming for the last 20 years,and with the recent craze of loot boxes, DLC and season passes suffocating games in a cloud of greed it's a welcome change for a developer to show how things should be done, so please support games like these and hopefully EA, Ubisoft and other "AAA" developers will take note and stop producing games for the sole purpose of testing how tight they can squeeze their consumers ****

10/10 guys, great job and can't recommend this game enough.
  17. Oct 29, 2017
    Great Game, i love it 10/10
    And i love how the crybaby, Naziscum whines in the review section about this game. Kill all Nazis :P
    Play with your hillbilly Dad or your wife/sister!
  18. Oct 28, 2017
    With its mixture of high octane gunplay and remarkable visual presentation, in many ways The New Colossus is a serious improvement over its already excellent predecessor. Presenting a frightening view of the past, biting commentary and an engrossing cast - led ably by the surprisingly endearing and thoughtful BJ - it really is a very strong showing in a year full of strong showings.
  19. Oct 27, 2017
    I think it's the best FPS game in 2017 !
    full of action and thriller
    Also the weapons and , shields and enemies is great
    Excellent job Bethesda !
  20. Oct 29, 2017
    Wolfenstein is back with another fast paced old school shooter that doesn't have time for you to hide behind cover while your health regenerates. Unfortunately it's the kind of game that is way more difficult with a controller than a keyboard and that holds it back slightly on PS4.

+ it triggers the every living f**k out of right wingers who supposedly aren't 'nazis' but somehow manage to get offended anyway when you shoot FAKE ROBOT NAZIS in this game. The only reason this game doesn't have roughtly 8 or 9/10 in the user reviews is because it's being review bombed with 0 score reviews by right wing snowflakes who think shooting enemy nazis in this game is a form of oppression or some kind of agenda. Remember when it wasn't 'political' to fight nazis? I member.
  21. Oct 28, 2017
    I was a big fan of The New Order and was able to overlook all of the performance issues I was having just because of the quality of the story and gameplay. About 10 hours into this and am blown away. The new id 6 engine is amazing and the game is visually incredible while remaining extremely smooth and playable (just like Doom). All I was really hoping for was some good Nazi shootingI was a big fan of The New Order and was able to overlook all of the performance issues I was having just because of the quality of the story and gameplay. About 10 hours into this and am blown away. The new id 6 engine is amazing and the game is visually incredible while remaining extremely smooth and playable (just like Doom). All I was really hoping for was some good Nazi shooting sections and hopefully a comparable story to the first, and what I got was delivered tenfold.

I've had several laugh out loud moments at the over the top story elements and even on the mid-range difficulty find myself being tested by the surprisingly adept AI. The AI is actually the one thing that has been continuously surprising me as I keep finding myself dying to enemies that have managed to sneak up behind me or have remained in cover long enough to jump out at me when I wasn't expecting them to be there. There is one section in a court (without giving anything away) that challenged me in a tooth-clenching, infuriating way that I haven't experienced since gaming as a kid. I knew I could lower the difficulty to breeze through it but I absolutely couldn't, it felt wrong to do so.

All around this has been way more than I was expecting and I already had very high hopes. I've been burned recently with pre-orders (Mass Effect Andromeda) and vowed never to buy a game that way again. But after playing Doom and loving my experience with the New Order, this one didn't feel like a gamble - and it seems I struck the jackpot.
  22. Nov 1, 2017
    Amazing game continuing the series in great style with its logical progression being fighting Nazis on American shores. Graphics are great, the story is heartfelt and shows people fighting against the oppression of the Nazis in America who murder people they don't agree with. Fast paced and a good challenge too. There are a lot of Alt right trolls trying to downvote it by giving it 0Amazing game continuing the series in great style with its logical progression being fighting Nazis on American shores. Graphics are great, the story is heartfelt and shows people fighting against the oppression of the Nazis in America who murder people they don't agree with. Fast paced and a good challenge too. There are a lot of Alt right trolls trying to downvote it by giving it 0 because they don't like freedom of expression unless it's their own. Expand
  23. Oct 27, 2017
    I just love killin' Nazis! I also love nazi sympathizing infants trying to bring down the score of an amazing game. Cry harder you nazi babies, your tears give me strength I need to kill more nazis. Thank god for dead nazis!
  24. Oct 29, 2017
    Such a masterpiece. This game may be one of the greatest in 2017. The story is so good and thankfully does not hold back on violence or any disturbing stuff. The game play is so well done with fun action segments and great gunplay. And also as a side note watching right wingers get angry at sjw's wanting censorship of games only to start crying that they want this game pulled from shelf isSuch a masterpiece. This game may be one of the greatest in 2017. The story is so good and thankfully does not hold back on violence or any disturbing stuff. The game play is so well done with fun action segments and great gunplay. And also as a side note watching right wingers get angry at sjw's wanting censorship of games only to start crying that they want this game pulled from shelf is f**king funny as hell. Over one of the greatest sequels to a game ever made. Expand
  25. Oct 28, 2017
    Great game! A blast to play and high octane action the whole time. The story was much more compelling this time and the stakes are even higher. There were some great specticals and great action set pieces. The game ran smooth and felt great to play. There were some great surprises to along the game and was a blast to experience them and once scenario that was so ridiculous you can't notGreat game! A blast to play and high octane action the whole time. The story was much more compelling this time and the stakes are even higher. There were some great specticals and great action set pieces. The game ran smooth and felt great to play. There were some great surprises to along the game and was a blast to experience them and once scenario that was so ridiculous you can't not love it. Overall great, is it better than Wolfenstein? Eh yes, but by a hair. Expand
  26. Oct 29, 2017
    Hours into this game and it's shaping up to be an exceptional story in the gaming world. Cleansing and liberating a subjugated U.S. from Nazis are more fun than ever. Now complete with psychedelia!

Get this if you're into 1st-person shooters, and if you're not into pretending WW2 never happened.

10/10.
  27. Oct 28, 2017
    The game looks and plays very well with quite the story. Really enjoying killing nazi. Ea doesn't know Jack chit about what the gaming consumer wants. Give us a good story with amazing mechanics and we will buy. Ea go choke on your pos loot boxes you pos
  28. Oct 28, 2017
    I don't know what's better, the game itself or Neo Nazis triggered and yell "SJW" lmao. I hope Bethesda publish more games like this, because free speech motherf**ker.

Also for all the Nazis or "intellectual" people who think that Nazis were the good guy: Nazis are worthless pieces of trash that deserve no freedom, mercy and Hitler is a pedophile (yes he lust after his niece), scumbag degenerate that kill himself like a loser he is, and I suggest all Nazi lovers should do the same, just tie a noose and die in your mom basement, no one will miss you.
  29. Oct 29, 2017
    Well where to start, no game deserves a 0 but exactly what game were the high score paid reviewers playing compared to me, I guess I've fallen for the pre release hype again. Played both the previous new generation games and to me no improvement in graphics, I paused at times (Xbox) and the texture reminds me of 2005.The game engine is unable to render hair or faces well which can beWell where to start, no game deserves a 0 but exactly what game were the high score paid reviewers playing compared to me, I guess I've fallen for the pre release hype again. Played both the previous new generation games and to me no improvement in graphics, I paused at times (Xbox) and the texture reminds me of 2005.The game engine is unable to render hair or faces well which can be forgiven if game play story make up for it (fallout 4)alas not found in my case. Some interactions on the submarine are amusing and alas it shows how boring gun fights were I looked forward to the level exit screen to return to them. Leaving the politics out of it, the story just can't hold together a lacklustre first person shooter with dated graphics, as always I judge a game by (is it fun) for me, fun being am I still playing at 3am suffice to say 3hours in (now 10) I needed a Skyrim fix. Moral of my story don't buy the hype ignore high score paid reviews. Expand
  30. Oct 27, 2017
    Almost perfect
    Great game gunplay is perfect and story is good. Despite the stronger story elements this game still feels like Wolfenstein. A surprise character appearance was good the only negative was the lackluster ending.
  31. Oct 28, 2017
    This is an excellent and addictive shooter, really hard to stop playing once you get started. My favorite thing about it is the story, playing as Terror-Billy and joining up with his revolutionary comrades and taking the country back from the nazi scourge. Soon we will actually have to do this so it's best to get in practice and desensitize yourself to it now. My main complaint is that theThis is an excellent and addictive shooter, really hard to stop playing once you get started. My favorite thing about it is the story, playing as Terror-Billy and joining up with his revolutionary comrades and taking the country back from the nazi scourge. Soon we will actually have to do this so it's best to get in practice and desensitize yourself to it now. My main complaint is that the game is rated M for mature but it probably could have been rated E for everyone because you don't actually commit violence against people in the game, you kill Nazis and Nazis aren't people. All the 0 ratings are by sad white supremacists who can't bring themselves to shoot their kkklancestors. Also the game includes a full playable version of Wolfenstein 3D (slightly altered) which is a nice bonus. The game should provide enough entertainment to pass the time until FarCry 5 comes out, another game that the fragile white supremacist fascists who get offended by everything want to ban. They truly hate us and our freedoms. 10/10 game, should be mandatory re-education. Expand
  32. Oct 28, 2017
    This is the best game Ive played in a very very very long time.

Every part of it feels so god damn good.

From the Dialogue to the sound effects to the shooting.

They nailed this game

ALSO WATCHING A BUNCH OF NAZI SYMPATHIZERS GET UPSET ABOUT BJ AND STRONG BLACK WOMEN **** NAZIS UP IS HILARIOUS!

A++++ VIDEO GAME
  33. Oct 27, 2017
    AWESOME GAME!! If you like FPS games with an awesome campaign and a challenge this game is going to satisfy you immensly. Awesome gameplay, atmosphere , graphics and story. Do not listen to any negative reviews it is just absolute B S to rate this game anything low. The game is absolutely awesome.Nuff said. Get it, and you will love it. Love taking out the Nazis. Game is about impossibleAWESOME GAME!! If you like FPS games with an awesome campaign and a challenge this game is going to satisfy you immensly. Awesome gameplay, atmosphere , graphics and story. Do not listen to any negative reviews it is just absolute B S to rate this game anything low. The game is absolutely awesome.Nuff said. Get it, and you will love it. Love taking out the Nazis. Game is about impossible to put down after you start. Expand
  34. Oct 28, 2017
    Amazing game. Wolfenstein is back and better than ever in this amazing sequel. People rating the game a 0/10 are Nazi supporters and should be executed ASAP.
  35. Oct 27, 2017
    I was unimpressed. The single player campaign was a lot of scripted events and linear story telling with cut scenes, but little gameplay. And thats when I realized if I stripped the thematics out of the game and just took it at its mechanics, this is a very short, very underwhelming FPS with no innovations. I'm not a fan of interactive movies in lieu of gameplay in the best of times, butI was unimpressed. The single player campaign was a lot of scripted events and linear story telling with cut scenes, but little gameplay. And thats when I realized if I stripped the thematics out of the game and just took it at its mechanics, this is a very short, very underwhelming FPS with no innovations. I'm not a fan of interactive movies in lieu of gameplay in the best of times, but this one tried to sell entirely on controversy. It could have been a 5/10 mediocre game that was ignored entirely Expand
  36. Oct 27, 2017
    Really awful and derivative tripe. The mechanics are tired and unoriginal, the story is yawn inducing, and they try to cover it all with a supposedly "topical" story that is totally uninteresting to any normal person.
  37. Oct 28, 2017
    Best shooter in years. Storyline is okay, however seeing a Nazi-USA is a little too close to reality right now. But it is great that Bethesda doesn't shy away from the topic and the controversy. And can we pause for a moment and think about what it means that a game about killing Nazis is considered controversial by some "people" in 2017???
  38. Oct 28, 2017
    Enjoyed the previous games. But this seems to be Bethesda laziness showing as usual. They haven't really created anything new and this just seems to be a rehash of what they had before with some blended cutscenes. Like what they did with Fallout 4. Definitely not worth $59. Rent or wait until it goes on discount
  39. Oct 28, 2017
    Don't believe the haters, slaughtering Nazis and the KKK has never been so satisfying. The game presents a solid challenge and an extremely well realized story, and also acts as something of a love letter to US Culture in both the 40s and 60s.
  40. Oct 27, 2017
    Incredible!! I never thought I would live to see the day where people give a game a zero for killing Nazis, oh how far we have fallen. With that said however, what a beautiful and amazing game! Fun to play, gorgeous to look at. Highly recommended.
  41. Oct 28, 2017
    Well, I loved the first game in the rebooted series, I thought the second wouldn't be any different... I was wrong! It was even better! Not entirely sure about these people not knowing what they expected knowing the first entry in this rebooted franchise though... I'm a bit worried they missed the point of what this long running series is about, which is anti-nazism, so their positionWell, I loved the first game in the rebooted series, I thought the second wouldn't be any different... I was wrong! It was even better! Not entirely sure about these people not knowing what they expected knowing the first entry in this rebooted franchise though... I'm a bit worried they missed the point of what this long running series is about, which is anti-nazism, so their position isn't really favorable. Expand
  42. Oct 27, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Thoroughly enjoyable game, with some really fun (but not revolutionary) shooting mechanics and a great story. Although, spoiler alert, I found the bit where you murder Donald Trump while chanting “SJWS WILL RULE THE WORLD, BOW BEFORE THE NEW WORLD ORDER” a little bit odd. Expand
  43. Oct 28, 2017
    Politics aside this is a brilliant game which takes all the aspects applauded by previous games and puts them into one nazi bashing bonanza. Never had this much fun on a shooter since Bioshock Infinite. I would recommend this game to pretty much anyone who enjoys shooters.
  44. Oct 28, 2017
    The nazis were misunderstood people who were just 'following orders'. If that's the case why does it feel so effing good to blow those mofos away? Die fascist scum.
  45. Oct 27, 2017
    An amazing game that is worthy of all the praise it is getting. The game sets an incredibly dark tone in the beginning and never really lets up. Easily worth the money. Also it's worth mentioning just how beautiful this game it. They start the game showing a recap from the first one, and just looking at the graphics quality from then -- it's amazing to see how far the tech has come

With

With all of that out of the way, it is disturbing to see how many nazi sympathizers there are purposely trying to down rate this game, obviously still butt-hurt about surrendering in 1945. Utterly pathetic and childish. Wolfenstein started in 1981 with virtually zero friction... but for some reason in 2017 this is offensive? We know you can't offer anything constructive to the conversation so you downrate a game to feel better about yourselves.
  46. Oct 28, 2017
    Horrible game - graphics is outdated, plot is not immersive, gameplay worse than 1st person shooters of 2006. Ii was not even able to proper aim, control is not tuned. Developers, just look at Killzone 3, which beats your game in all aspects. Guys, never trust youtube game bloggers, I lost money because of their positive reviews to this game. Play good games!
  47. Nov 13, 2017
    The very best white genocide simulator since The Sims.

Gorgeous, Violent, cathartic and an excellent litmus test to find nazi sympathizers amongst your social circle.

On a serious note, this game is much more emotional, meditative and thoughtful than I would have ever expected.
    The most relevant game in years.
  48. Oct 28, 2017
    SJWs rejoice! Bethesda blew it again; terrible, nonsensical story, and Bethesda wholeheartedly embraced the SJWism that formed around the game. Not worth the time or the money, and anyone who wants to 'kill nazis' can play an actual WWII shooter and not this crap.
  49. Oct 29, 2017
    Last good wolfenstein game was return to castle Wolfenstein. MachineGames dont know what they are doing they destroy this series. For example Doom is amazing this game is stup!d
  50. Oct 29, 2017
    The game would be alright if it wasn't so ridiculous and stayed closer to its roots. Game play is meh, story is pretty good but it's an interactive movie. Seriously all you do is shoot stuff, watch a cut-scene, do some more stuff, watch more cut-scenes.

There's also the "agenda" which is kinda there but most importantly, they make Wolfenstien into a serious game, when it never should have been. It never has been. They essentially ruined the series. There's also the fact that you can't really play in 4k and crashes for days so gonna give it a 2.
  51. Oct 28, 2017
    The first reboot was probably my favourite FPS game of the generation. The visceral gunplay was unmatched and the story was awesome. Better than the majority of game stories. This game is even better in every way. Absolutely love this game. Buy it, you won't regret it if you like great gunplay, characters and story. It's like playing a game produced by Quentin Tarantino.
  52. Dec 18, 2017
    Absolutely attrocious SJW propaganda - I cannot for the life of me recommend this game. They completely destroyed a good story in the making, and they charge 60 bucks for an hour 8 game

53. Nov 14, 2017
    شاهکاره.با گرافیکی که داره هیچ رقیبی به نظرم نداره واقعا یک بازیه کاملیه . هم از نظر داستان و هم از نظر حس و حال نازی های لعنتی که با کشتنشون کیف میکنیم.
  54. Oct 27, 2017
    Great game with and amazing story, and the best of all is loot boxes are nowhere to be found, i really recommend this, gameplay is great.
    A bad thing could be the evil totally linear story but to me its ok
  55. Oct 29, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This boring derivative shooter is using a venerable franchise to make a quick buck by injecting the game play with a story riddled with anti-white propaganda and social engineering.

The 'punch a Nazi' refrain goes well beyond the traditional villains of the series and expands the virtue signaling to anyone who is white. We discover our hero was abused as a child by his white father who, surprise surprise was a terrible racist and anti-semite. We discover that the great hope for the world is the multi-ethnic group of resistance fighters which are a carbon copy of other SJW productions like Star Wars The Force Awakens.

The developers here have gone OUT OF THEIR WAY to push a particular narrative here and it is visible in the opening minutes of the game and continues throughout. Its poison, and it should be rightly rejected and called out for the damage it is doing not only to gamers, but to what is left of Western Civilization.
  56. Oct 27, 2017
    Repetitive game with way too many cutscenes and QTEs. It brings absolutely nothing new to the table and is essentially an offline CoD with shoehorned upgrade and RPG mechanics. I just don't see the point of this game.

Also pushing political agendas in a time like this doesn't really seem to be a clever thing to do in my eyes. "Wite ass pig" just isn't bueno.
  57. Oct 27, 2017
    Outstanding Game. So far, best shooter I have played since years.
    Story is just amazing and all caracters are freaking good.
  58. Dec 12, 2017
    Solid shooter. Great graphics. Gun selection is just ok. Collecting collectibles seems pointless. Parts of story make you scratch your head. No real boss fights.
  59. May 9, 2020
    Following the final events of Wolfenstein: The New Order, William "B.J." Blazkowicz is injured and falls into a coma for 5 months, and awakens just as the U-Boat they have commandeered is attacked by Nazi forces.

I’ll just come right out and say it, The New Colossus is one of the most disappointing sequels I’ve played. Apparently in response to feedback that the The New Order was ‘too easy’, the developers have upped the difficulty making the fast paced run and gun gameplay all but impossible on even the default setting (the lowest setting is too easy). This in itself wouldn’t be disastrous if the stealth mechanics were enjoyable, but they’re not. Enemy detection is too inconsistent, and in a good number of areas alerting the ‘commanders’ results in enemies infinitely respawning until you can kill them and shut down the alarm.

In between many of the missions you find yourself inside the U-Boat that acts as kind of a hub. For some reason you’ll usually be tasked with finding someone or something to start the next level, these sections are as dull as you’d expect and the fact that the useless map doesn’t always make it clear where you’re supposed to go only makes matters worse.

There is the odd bright spot, but I didn’t even make it to the end of what is apparently a relatively short campaign...
  60. Feb 15, 2019
    Unfortunately not that good as I expected after New Order released. Still decent story and gameplay but I was missing this atmosphere I had before.
  61. Nov 11, 2017
    An extremely disappointing sequel. The first game was a joy from start to finish but the gameplay in this just feels frustrating and the dull scenery fails to help matters. This falls massively short of the two previous games (Doom & Wolfenstein The New Order) and can't hold a candle to either. The horrendously long loading times and frame drops on PS4 didn't particularly help mattersAn extremely disappointing sequel. The first game was a joy from start to finish but the gameplay in this just feels frustrating and the dull scenery fails to help matters. This falls massively short of the two previous games (Doom & Wolfenstein The New Order) and can't hold a candle to either. The horrendously long loading times and frame drops on PS4 didn't particularly help matters either.

I thoroughly recommend The New Order over this without a shadow of a doubt.
  62. Dec 17, 2017
    As a follow-up to the awesome return of Wolfenstein, this installment is nothing short of a disappointment. Though unquestionably fun at times, the story is half-baked and the levels are generally uninspiring. I would say that the short length of this full price title would be a relief after a comment like that, but it's just another disappointment. The only redeeming quality is theAs a follow-up to the awesome return of Wolfenstein, this installment is nothing short of a disappointment. Though unquestionably fun at times, the story is half-baked and the levels are generally uninspiring. I would say that the short length of this full price title would be a relief after a comment like that, but it's just another disappointment. The only redeeming quality is the combat, which makes for a thrilling experience. Expand
  63. Feb 5, 2018
    First I'd like to mention the two main types of reviews from users I've seen. The first is most common. The 10/10 people who like to repeatedly talk about the facf that the game is good because you kill Nazis in it. And, the people who rate it 0/10 because of the graphics or inclusion of any political motivation and agenda. However, I know the majority of those people aren't NaziFirst I'd like to mention the two main types of reviews from users I've seen. The first is most common. The 10/10 people who like to repeatedly talk about the facf that the game is good because you kill Nazis in it. And, the people who rate it 0/10 because of the graphics or inclusion of any political motivation and agenda. However, I know the majority of those people aren't Nazi sympathizers as a few have put it because there wasn't an issue in the past two Wolfenstein games. I don't see an issue when people rate COD:WW2 low. So it's disgusting that people continually point the finger at a deeper cause because it's just too unbelievable that some people (as with any game) are just unimpressed with a franchise that has quite literally outdone itself.

I also have no problem with the killing of Nazis as I have found many WW2 games going back to Wolf 3D and Medal of Honor Frontline, as well as, New Order, and The Old Blood to be masterpieces. I mean, you go to the Moon in TNO and you go to Castle Wolfenstein in the latter. There's also wayyyy better humor in The Old Blood. Particularly when BJ says he's from Frankfurt and Americans would call him a "hot dog". I have played through the game three times just for those moments. Anyway, this game has magic. But, it has no new magic. Just some more modern "righteousness" against those controlling, racist, fat shaming monsters you see in the game. It's surprisingly inclusive to women though. Overall I'm just opposed to any kind of politically motivated messages hidden inside media. I'd prefer story writers and devs to come up with something they find inspiring regardless of the current political climate. Nintendo is a prime example. They've always created a diverse cast in their games because it fit their need for making things fresh. They weren't doing it to send subliminal messages and they're not fascists for not wanting to.

Back to the game's content though, I found the graphics to be on par with preivious games. The game's length is fine. It's not an RPG. I don't judge a game by inclusion of multiplayer. I surely wouldn't for The Legend of Zelda. The weapons and gunplay are okay but as stated it is the same from before. Chracter interaction is mostly believable. I seriously doubt BJ's dad would marry his mother just for money or status. People did some odd things back then but American Christians have always been very firm in tradition which would conflict with his Jewish mother's upbringing. Something BJs father was obviously concerned about. And if i have any reasons to subtract the game's score its:
    -the opening level is the least interesting I've played in a Wolfenstein (including 3D)
    -BJ is still ripped after laying around for 5 months
    -the game's marketing insists punching Nazis is what the franchise is about (it's historically been about keeping super weapons out of Nazi hands. Someone clearly failed)
    -it involves killing Wehrmacht Soldaten but I can't even use a 1911, M1 Garand, or Springfield 03 and it makes me sick people would applaud the mediocre opportunities to kill Nazis without pure American weapons.
    -There's almost no American patriotism in the game either (there's some flags and otherwise around I was glad to see.) I just wish I could see more from BJs military background and indoctrination that gives him his loyalty and will to fight. So the game is hardly pro-American as well.

It's just disgusting. If there's any politically charged content at least make up for it with an appearance of George Patton or Harry Truman, or take us on a tour of the White House. Or show Manhattan? And where in the hell are the Japanese? Surely they were in on it? I know I'm jumping around here but I'm confused now. There's just a lot of opportunity lost and all because like Mass Effect: Andromeda, the focus changed mid-series all because of marketing and cash grabbing.
  64. Feb 8, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great action and shooting controles. The story is great. What kinda ruined it for me was the final boss. The final boss was nothing more then a regular enemy with a bit more armor on, yea not that original. The boss also glitched on me. After the first 5 minutes it just didn't move anymore and because of that I easily won the fight. I also didn't like the mission on planet Venus, the world felt very empty compared to the moon level from a new order. I did however like the city level and the wheelchair level. Overall I think there is enough to enjoy about this game. Expand
  65. Jun 10, 2019
    The New Colossus is no where as close to The New Order.

The New Colossus is no where as close to The New Order.

It is very offensive to white people, while giving rootless worship to black people. The white characters are either brain-damaged or nuts. The white man came with Grace got his G-spot touched by a toilet. Hitler is rude, ill-mannered and carzy. Horton, the New Orlean leader, is a clown who's high from drugs all the time. I'm not White. I like Bombarte a lot. It's fine that Black people think they look good, but it's not fine if they think it's true and puts it in my favorite game. You cannot let gansters and rogues lead a great revolution, while making all other people look stupid. Grace is apparently nothing more than a street rogue, and the calm, wise Caroline was beheaded at the begining of the game. Full of non-sense. The worst part, they made my BJ a 'yo, yo, chect it out' rapper. They way he dress, the tone he talk, etc. Again, that's not cool, and it's not fine to make my dear American solder BJ into a rapper.

Second, the story of this game is just crap. Plot like BJ being beheaded is cool, but lack of depth, which is also the problem of this whole games. The growth of Sigrun makes no sense. Who would help strange enemies killing her own mother? She started weak, and then have sex with Bombarte, and all suddenly, she grasp Grace's neck, and became a strong, grown woman. What nonsense is this? The large party night they had. So typically fun with no meaning. It doesn't increase the depth of the story. It doesn't help forming a character. Just like junk food, fun but crap.

The whole game is just like that party, low-level enjoyment with no depth. It is enjoyable to certain people, especially black people apparently, but junk is junk. It's not a good game. It defiles the story and people established in the New Order. It offences me. It's a piece of crap.
  66. Feb 28, 2018
    I love killing Nazi's however:

I love killing Nazi's however:

The game certainly has both its pro's and its con's but for me personally (and this is simply my opinion) I have a certain fundamental problem with this Game: I have been Playing FPS games most of my life so I should know a thing or two about them. I always select the most difficult settings on all FPS games to both challenge myself and to get the maximum enjoyment and longevity out of the game. I have tried to do the same with Wolfenstein II The New Colossus however , the stages are poorly designed , enemies spawn in weird places and I am left with the feeling that even if I made it past a certain check point that it was sometimes it was simply down to dumb luck and not any actual skill in any way. Believe me I have repeated sections over and over again with pin point accuracy only to die randomly by a single sometimes unknown shot. It feels more like trying to solve a puzzle than it does a skill based FPS shooter. I suppose for those casual gamers who don't play on the most difficult setting won't find it so frustrating but for hardcore FPS fans it can be a unwelcome grind.
  67. Feb 13, 2018
    Ok, so this review is for the game itself, I do not really care about the political messages or implications in this game.

The opening hours of Wolfenstein II are great and promising. The story is excellent, setting up an epic tale of revenge and rebellion, while also including plenty of strange humor and campy dialogue similar to that of a Tarantino movie. The gameplay is also solid, with fluid, fun and insanely violent gun mechanics and stealth kills. There is also a weapons crafting system (mostly shallow) and perks system that allows you to gain upgrades and abilities based on your style of play, which I liked since it allows for you to constantly improve in your playing style.

But, as the game wears on, it loses its steam and becomes inconsistent in its delivery of thrills and epic story moments. After the first few hours, there are several sections of levels that are repetitive and have very similar environments (grey, dreary military base settings with lots of red lights). Also, the story also slows down, and although it isn't meant to be taken completely seriously, there are not as many powerful or epic moments as there are in the beginning of the game. There are few enemy types, which isn't a problem at first but it does become formulaic and uninteresting to fight groups of these enemies. Finally, the enemy AI in regards to stealth is wildly inconsistent: there were times when I was crouched a few feet away in front of an enemy and they did not see me, but then there were times when I was 20 feet away hiding around a corner and I was detected for making a slight twitch.

But in the end, even after the excellent first few hours of Wolfenstein II, there are still several powerful story moments and fun action sequences throughout the rest of the game, they are just fewer and further in between. Wolfenstein II is a ride worth taking, but ideally if you can pick it up for $20 or less.
  68. Apr 16, 2018
    Can't force myself to go through the game though I tried.

First of all, this is a movie-game, not a video game. You watch almost as much as you play. Gameplay is bad. No hit markers, guns are meh, no difference between hip fire and ADS(!). These three things alone make the game not worth playing. Very little destruction of the map. I mean very, very little. Map design is pffff.
    Can't force myself to go through the game though I tried.

Very little destruction of the map. I mean very, very little.

Map design is pffff. Find your way through the maze etc. Nothing impressive.

Graphics are good. So?

Story I won't get into but I hate watching long cut scenes. No more long cut scenes ffs.

MEDIOCRE GAME. At full price it was a rip off.

The gaming media these days are c-r-a-z-y. Or just get paid.
  69. Nov 3, 2017
    As a fan of early ID Soft games, and of Machine games previous work with the Wolfenstein series as well as their work at Starbreeze studios on Butcher Bay and The Darkness, I was excited to play thus game. Just like 2016's Doom, this game is a fast, fluid, challenging and rewarding shooter. But unlike Doom 2016, this game actually has one of the most engaging stories in an FPS I haveAs a fan of early ID Soft games, and of Machine games previous work with the Wolfenstein series as well as their work at Starbreeze studios on Butcher Bay and The Darkness, I was excited to play thus game. Just like 2016's Doom, this game is a fast, fluid, challenging and rewarding shooter. But unlike Doom 2016, this game actually has one of the most engaging stories in an FPS I have personally ever played. The story itself touches on the main protagonist and his allies own humanity and struggle to escape oppression with a series of special operations in a 1960s America over thrown by the 3rd reich. In context the game starts immediately after The New Order, reccuring characters and themes all intact. The game starts you as a broken BJ Blazkowitz, suffering from internal injuries, being hunted by one of the main antagonist of the new order, Frau Engel, a sadistic Nazi general out for Blazkowitz blood after the events of the prior game. Literally being broken, the first half of the game is very stealth heavy, you can go guns blazing if you understand the enemy placements and environments you are in, but since the game starts you with such low health this can become a fairly difficult task. Around the half way point you are given new gadgets and boosted health which makes the game much more viable for your preferred playstyle. Which is a strong point, the game mixes elements of Machine games prior products very well. Visceral melee and stealth is reminiscent of Butcher Bay, while the fast paced duck and weave shooting is much like The Darkness. The gameplay all feels highly refined, aside from a few stealth sections feeling a bit gimmicky and unfair due to enemy placements and the ultra aggressive AI. A lack of multiplayer may come off as a turn off to some, but this does not personally bother me, being someone who prefers a solid single player offering without tacked on multiplayer. The campaign ranges anyshere from 10-15 hours or so depending on skill and difficulty selected, which I find a solid length for a single player shooter, where many last less than 6 hours in this day and age of MP focused triple A shooters. Personally this game, along with 2016's Doom, have been a true joy to play for me. The blend of retro style ultra violent gunplay, and modern tactical shooting mixed with stealth, knock the ball way out of the park. If youre a fan of a good single player experience, but this game and play it several times. If lack of MP disappoints you, at least try renting it or wait for a massive price drop, you may enjoy what you find. Expand
  70. Nov 3, 2017
    The best game in the series. I never gave a 10 before, but this game deserve it.
    Graphics are awesome and it runs at a smooth 60 fps even on the console, giving it that
    fast-paced feeling. Gun-play is good and the AI is well done here, with enemies making circles to come up behind you and flanking you. The stort is amazing. I never feelt more engaged in a wolfenstein game. Characters in the game are also very well fleashed out and interesting. For me, this is probably game of the year. If you like fps games, you cant afford to miss this one
  71. Feb 27, 2018
    Worst plot ive seen in years. I loved the first game (before some dumb SJW makes a dumb nazi slur), but this one was just retarded on so many levels. Its **** Decent game play, but a laughably bad waypoint system that works only occasionally. And the dreadful plot...its supposed to be about starting a revolution. Yet is the most retarded ill thought out revolution in history. A drunkenWorst plot ive seen in years. I loved the first game (before some dumb SJW makes a dumb nazi slur), but this one was just retarded on so many levels. Its **** Decent game play, but a laughably bad waypoint system that works only occasionally. And the dreadful plot...its supposed to be about starting a revolution. Yet is the most retarded ill thought out revolution in history. A drunken frat party could organise one better.

And thats before we get to the eye cancer moments. Like catching blaskovics head aftet his execution, to the retarded use of a 6 months pregnant wife as a front line operative, when you have a WHOLE Submarines worth of operatives who can do the job better than a frigging PREGNANT NURSE.

And the stupid she ra, girl rambo nudist scene is pure stupidity in a bad way. And the awful end game revolution scene is so half assed and ill thoughtout its embarrassing.

Anyone who gave this game 10 out of 10 needs to hang their head in shame and learn what a real game is like. The previous Wolfenstein 1's DLC is 10x better than this turd sandwhich.
  72. Feb 27, 2018
    Let me start off by saying that the game is good. Really, it is. There are a great many things to love here, so if you don't care about story or atmosphere and just about the pure gameplay, you'll probably have a blast. The game has great set-pieces and it's a joy going on a killing spree.
    However, there are two minor issues and one big problem that, in my eyes, keep it from being great.

1. Maybe it's just me Navigating through the levels can be a bit confusing. There were several times, I didn't know where to go, because the game doesn't do a very good job at pointing you in the right direction.

2. The levels are a bit on the short side and while I appreciate the fact, that no level overstays its welcome, it still often felt more like a funfair ride rather than an immersive gaming experience.

3. This was the most jarring element of the game: The overall tone of the game. Now, bear in mind, that this is purely a matter of taste. But let's be real: We don't play the Wolfenstein series, because we want an even semi-realistic simulation of a world under Nazi rule. There are other, better games for that kind of oppressive experience. We play it, so we can have some mindless fun. And that's why the games many dark and serious scenes just felt totally out of place, The game is full of ridiculous ideas and we *are* still playing as JB, a true killing machine, who's mowing down enemies by the hundreds. So, when the moribund protagonist suddenly starts oozing pathos, talking to dead friends about death and glory it just feels .... wrong.
    I really don't want to take a game like Wolfenstein too seriously, because if I did, I'd have to start questioning its logic and moral implications. The game wants to be "Inglorious Basterds" and (tonally) "The Walking Dead" at the same time. And, at least for me, that simply didn't work and made me feel rather uncomfortable, *especially* since, as monsters go, we're not talking about orcs, vampires or even zombies here, but about a group of real people who killed real people. And I simply can't overlook that fact anymore, once a game like this asks me to take it seriously.
  73. Sep 26, 2018
    Disappointing, that's what id use to describe the entirety of this game. Where as the first wolfenstien captured the magic, this game unsealed the stopper and let it all out. Credit where credit is due first. The level design and gun mechanics are better than ever. Now back to what ruined what should of been a lay up of a sequel. The story is atrocious, do you ever wonder what socialDisappointing, that's what id use to describe the entirety of this game. Where as the first wolfenstien captured the magic, this game unsealed the stopper and let it all out. Credit where credit is due first. The level design and gun mechanics are better than ever. Now back to what ruined what should of been a lay up of a sequel. The story is atrocious, do you ever wonder what social justice warrior literature looks like, play this and you'll see. This is the most cringey dialogue and story progression in existence. Its as if a thirteen year old boy who loved black, gay, Jewish woman who happened to also really love the F word wrote the script, cringe. talk about a basket of token minorities. oh and dont forget about the pregnant woman going full on topless covered in blood dual wielding guns as if to tell me this is the NEW bad ass we should all strive to be, absolute cringe. the game is also extremely short, i beat it in a day, so 60 is quite the asking price, not to mention it wants you to scrap out more money for its dlc. all in all if you really want a good shooter, just play DOOM or its upcoming sequel and if you're looking for a great narrative game play God of War or Uncharted 4, cheers. Expand
  74. Dec 11, 2018
    It's hard to describe my experience with Wolfenstein 2, as it seems to be a strangely build structure on a solid and rich foundation.

Graphics have improved a lot from the Wolfenstein: The new order, but that's just about it. The story still feautures Nazi's that somehow all have the personality of the Jesse Eisenberg character in Batman vs. Superman. The inclusion of some really Ridiculous super technology alienates the story and setting from any historic truth, and the Nazi’s who were known for their swift technological advances, brutality, hate and deadly precision have become dumb psychopaths who do stuff to kill their own boredom.

Already a thing in the first Wolfenstein, this game also has some strange shooting mechanics, mainly the way guns behave. During development, the question should always arise: 'Does this make the game better, more enjoyable?' Clearly this wasn't done for Wolfenstein 2, as guns have an undying attraction to the ceilling. Guns have horrible accuracy and barely hit targets unless you embrace a wrestling match with your weapon. Dual wielding becomes a baby sitting job instead of it being a goofy feauture to have fun.

I was frustrated with the game within 2 hours, and felt a wave of relieve once i traded it in. I give this game a 6/10, which means it is an average game. However, this is a personal opinion obviously. I can easily understand people giving this game 7's and 8's for what it offers as a FPS single player game.
  75. Nov 21, 2018
    Yeah wolfenstein 2 didn't even make sense in the slightest honestly they could've ended the series off with wolfenstein 1 but no they had to make a filler game and now their making a game about BJ's daughters which i can predict will be even more nonsensical you know wolfenstein the new order was and still is my favorite game right now it's just that it's one of those games that didn'tYeah wolfenstein 2 didn't even make sense in the slightest honestly they could've ended the series off with wolfenstein 1 but no they had to make a filler game and now their making a game about BJ's daughters which i can predict will be even more nonsensical you know wolfenstein the new order was and still is my favorite game right now it's just that it's one of those games that didn't really need a second game.

The Level design in this game was frustrating, the story felt too focused on social issues rather than
    the actual story needed for this type of game, the characters we're ok, most of the dialogue was just "we hate the facists" "we hate white america" "we hate something else".

The Gameplay was pretty fun i generally had a good time stabbing,mowing down, destroying nazis and robots, same as the first game just with **** level design.

This game couldv'e been good without the social agenda this game seems to push on players.

Gameplay was good, Level design was godawful and confusing, story was trying to hard to be something it wasn't, The characters were good with a few notable exceptions, The weapons
    were satifying to use. Overall this game was meh and it could've been more than meh if it only tried to be a game rather than a political argument.
  76. Nov 2, 2017
    The story of this game really goes places. The moment to moment gameplay is similar to the previous title The New Order but much more difficult this time around. The dual wielding of all weapons is ridiculous and fun. It's not a very long game but has some optional side content upon completion. Honestly I would take 9 hours of great game over 9 hours of great game stretched over 20 hoursThe story of this game really goes places. The moment to moment gameplay is similar to the previous title The New Order but much more difficult this time around. The dual wielding of all weapons is ridiculous and fun. It's not a very long game but has some optional side content upon completion. Honestly I would take 9 hours of great game over 9 hours of great game stretched over 20 hours to pad the game out. This will be on a lot of Game of the Year lists for the story alone. Expand
  77. Nov 2, 2017
    Wolfenstein 2 is an amazing game which delivers you good old memories when games weren't that censured. Definitely 10/10. You got to buy it to prove that there are still normal people that just enjoy playing video games. Thank you guys. Thanks Bethesda
  78. Jan 5, 2018
    SJW Liberal appeasement.
    ~Lets make Hitler a retarded fool because people don't like him.
    ~Lets have someone survive something awful just too show something awful for a trailer ~Head Bobbing ~Dialog is so bad that it's not even funny. ~YOU WILL SKIP CUTSCENES ~GUNPLAY IS AVERAGE @ BEST. ~Stealth is encouraged but just boring and takes too long. ~The obvious cliffhanger ending for
    SJW Liberal appeasement.
    ~Lets make Hitler a retarded fool because people don't like him.
    ~Head Bobbing
    ~Dialog is so bad that it's not even funny.
    ~YOU WILL SKIP CUTSCENES
    ~GUNPLAY IS AVERAGE @ BEST.
    ~Stealth is encouraged but just boring and takes too long.
    ~The obvious cliffhanger ending for cashcow

The only positive is there's no micros transactions..
    (I honestly don't remember which console I played this on as it was that bad)
  79. Nov 1, 2017
    I see the alt right are angry again at something that a series that has always been about killing nazis. My god you Poole are dense. Anyway a great follow up to the original and improves on everything. Just ignore the crying nazi supporters as they haven't even played the game are are crying at the fact the marketing used trump slogans they loved to gush on about and turn them against them.
  80. Aug 10, 2018
    Loved The New Order, The New Colossus not so much. For me feels like uninspired downgrade of previous game. Played through almost half of the game but eventually got bored. New Order was so much better for me, little bit dissapointed with this one.
  81. Jan 3, 2018
    Any score above a 7 is pure hype. I loved the first game and was eagerly waiting for the sequel. While it starts off great, the game quickly becomes repetitive, frustrating, & frankly, kinda boring. This was my biggest disappointment of 2017. You should 100% wait for this game to be $20 or less.
  82. Dec 12, 2018
    this game was seriously underwhelming. the game felt unfinished, the story sucked, and it really felt like they were pushing a sjw agenda. seriously disappointing since I liked the first one so much.
  83. Dec 14, 2017
    This game takes everything that was great about Wolfenstein: The New Order, digs it a neat little burial plot, throws it into the ditch and pisses on it.

The previous title was incredible for its depth given it was a balls-to-the-walls shooter based around killing Nazis. You were able to choose how you wanted to complete the game, be it stealth or mayhem. The sequel, unfortunately, gives you the illusion of being able to do the same, but punishes you for choosing anything but the safest, stealthiest route. Despite being clad in futuristic armor, most of the game is spent in fear of actually alerting an enemy, as said armor seems to be made of cardboard; leaving the player shredded to pieces at the slightest whiff of a battle.

Then there's the plot. This game plays like the straight-to-DVD sequel that fans wished hadn't come out at all. The characters (like the main characters armor) are paper-thin, being entirely defined by overdone tropes. Any semblance of emotional engagement is disrupted by literal potty humor, and the main character "Terror Billy" spends most of the game lamenting how horribly bent out of shape he is. I kept waiting for the good part to start, but was let down as the woe-is-me attitude from the main character came to be a story staple.

I like to think that the series ended after The New Order, as suffering through this game was a chore I wouldn't wish on anyone who enjoyed the first.
  84. Aug 28, 2018
    I'd like to enjoy this game but frankly the bad performance, sheer lack of decent level design, and unfun gameplay just make it impossible to play. It's a shame because it has potential (Who in this modern day doesn't want to kill nazis and klansmen?) but they seriously need to hire at least one person who actually knows anything about game design and engine design before it could possiblyI'd like to enjoy this game but frankly the bad performance, sheer lack of decent level design, and unfun gameplay just make it impossible to play. It's a shame because it has potential (Who in this modern day doesn't want to kill nazis and klansmen?) but they seriously need to hire at least one person who actually knows anything about game design and engine design before it could possibly get there. Expand
  85. Dec 15, 2018
    Woken-Stein is SJW pandering, anti white male drivel.
    Basically the communists are the good guys (Romamtiscizing one form of totalitarianism over one).
    The entire storyline is designed to be woke; beyond story the gameplay is eh, another Bethesda game. This game is NOT brilliant with a poignant story line. All CNN talking points parleyed into a FPS... The father character is
    Woken-Stein is SJW pandering, anti white male drivel.

The father character is abnormally evil (done on purpose as if we already don't look down on racism).
    Killing the family dog because you kissed a little negro girl as punishment doesn't make sense.
    These are all cheap shots. Unrealistic interactions either; I know it's a scripted game but comes off more awkward in "deep dialogue" portions....
    It's a generic FPS, with a PC storyline. So if doom eternal's, "mortally challenged" reference triggered you. Come to Woken-Stein!
  86. Nov 10, 2018
    This game is a joke. Gamestop charged me 40 CAD, no way.
    Its super short, and the aiming is super sluggish on console. Tons of fillers in the gameplay. and story is stupid. No new enemies, and there are only 5 weapons??? are you f serious? and IGN gave this crap a 9.1????? I wont buy any games from that publishers any more
  87. Apr 3, 2018
    Amazing game, for me it’s game of the year. Great gunplay, dynamic characters, fantastic story. Just loved it. You’re emotionally attached with BJ the entire game and you get moments where your jaw will literally drop. Frau Engel was an amazing choice of a villain with the edition of her daughter to give an outlook on her parenting and her true personality. My only complaint was that itAmazing game, for me it’s game of the year. Great gunplay, dynamic characters, fantastic story. Just loved it. You’re emotionally attached with BJ the entire game and you get moments where your jaw will literally drop. Frau Engel was an amazing choice of a villain with the edition of her daughter to give an outlook on her parenting and her true personality. My only complaint was that it was too short, and I didn’t get to play more of this outstanding adventure. Thank you so much Machine Games for this wonderful gift you have given us and I can’t wait for the third one to complete the trilogy. Expand
  88. Jan 7, 2018
    Badly made garbage that belongs in a dumpster, with every character made to be uglier and more ridiculous than the other, with every single segment being an sjw daydream. It's not a game but a piece of ridiculous propaganda where the authors just circlejerk their self-inserts.
  89. May 14, 2018
    >your main audience are white men
    >create a game about how evil white men are
    >be surprised it flopped

what were they thinking?
  90. Dec 15, 2017
    Really unfortunate let down.

Really unfortunate let down.

I've been playing it for a couple of days but I'm not sure I will bother to finish it anytime soon because it's very disappointing compared to the original. If you were a huge fan of the New Order’s majestic art direction, strategic stealth component and highly engaging characters and story, you are likely to be as disappointed as I am so far by this bland sequel. Where the original had the perfect combination of difficulty, ease of use, stealth and truly original character development and story, this is much more two dimensional with the stealth component all but completely removed. It's virtually impossible to sneak up on the enemy in any scenario and even harder to find a Commander before he sets of his alarm to call in reinforcements. So over and over again, the only way to accomplish the mission is to go in full-on guns blazing and just hope you don't get decimated, which all too often happens, even on the easier settings. Also, one of the best things about the original was that there was always a logical (if sometimes difficult to see) way to defeat the enemies in any given level. Not so here. No rhyme or reason to the attack plan.

Graphics are fine but not nearly as compelling emotionally in my opinion. This game is much more claustrophobic and repetitive. All in all a major disappointment, given how much I loved the original. It's just flat creatively. And the aiming of the guns seems troublesome compared to the first. I wouldn't pay anywhere near full price for this - I'm not thrilled that I got it for less than full price frankly. The developers got lazy with this one. I decided to get unlazy with this one and write my first review to try to save fans of the first one some disappointment. Sorry to say but it's true. The people who are comparing this highly to the original game clearly didn’t love what was so compelling and unique about the orIginal in the first place.
  91. Oct 30, 2017
    I've always enjoyed a game with a strong, boundary-pushing single player campaign. Pay no attention to the white nationalist snowflakes spamming the negative review button. Wolfenstein was very cinematic and very surreal.
  92. Nov 2, 2017
    The people giving this game a negative review are either KKK members, alt-right, nazis, or closet racists. The game definitely isn't a 10 but it is a good game.
  93. Nov 2, 2017
    What more could you ask for? You get to kill Nazis in style. Solid gameplay, great graphics, and Nazi killing! If you can't afford the game just yet, pass some time watching videos of Nazis getting punched online. And remember, the only good Nazi is a dead one!
  94. Nov 4, 2017
    10 out of 10 just for pissing off the alt-right snowflakes. Reading their negative reviews is hilarious and just goes to show how sad they are.

If you're upset about a guy shooting a bunch of nazis who've invaded another country, then you're on the wrong side of the fence.
  95. Jan 6, 2018
    I entered this franchise with RTCW: Tides of War back on the original Xbox. It is one of my favourite games of all time, so naturally I compare all the sequels to it. The first two games were passable, this one is as well, barely.

I could easily give this game less than a 5, but I do have to point out the good parts of it which make it passable. First off, the gun play is great in my

First off, the gun play is great in my opinion, I like the recoil, I like the heavy variants of weapons, and I like the sounds effects of all the weapons. The weapon upgrading system is also a neat touch, but not too amazing from an innovative point of view.

Second, the perk system is great for adapting to your style of play, whether it is stealth based or guns blazing, perks are earned around your play style and are not too overpowering.

Third, I think the game looks pretty great. I have read on other reviews that they have been having issues with FPS and whatnot (more so on PC), but on PS4 Pro on 4K, the game looks great.

The positives end there unfortunately. The negatives tempted me to give this game a failing score.

As others have mentioned before me, video games are an escape from reality, and used as time to unwind. THEY ARE NOT meant to be a platform for voicing your political concerns as a developer, whether it was Bethesda or Machine Games, gamers do not need, nor want, political ideologies (left or right) injected into these games. It is an absolute disgrace to push a leftist ideology and draw parallels between a nazi-controlled United States and the Trump administration. LEAVE IT OUT.

I do not support Trump and I have no problem with the nazi killing aspect, as this was what Wolfenstein has always been about. I just do not believe that ideologies should be pushed in this type of platform.

Beyond that glaringly obvious con, the enemy AI is really questionable sometimes. There are moments when you can be crouched in plain sight and they will not detect you. It really ruins the challenge and immersion.

Why on Earth would you ever include this sensitive, emotional, and (again) political background story for BJ? He is now someone who grew up with an abusive, racist father, who did not approve of his interracial childhood friendship? This completely ruins the tough, relentless, borderline psychotic, personality that BJ had through the first couple entries in the franchise. This may not matter to some people, but to me, they softened BJ up completely and killed some of the immersion built up from the previous games. Hard to accept as a life long ID Software fan.

Characters are somewhat weak, with a few good ones mixed in. Story is nothing amazing, and seems pretty sarcastic at some points. Definitely not meant to be taken seriously. Alongside this, the level design seems a bit poor, kind of makes some of the gun fights seem repetitive.

Overall, I cannot bring myself to give this game higher than a 5, I had high expectations for Bethesda to make this game great after The New Order laid out a solid foundation, and after I played the masterpiece that was Doom, my expectations went even higher, and this probably hurt the value for me in the end. There just wasn't enough innovation and improvement over the predecessor to justify a higher score or $60 price tag. Bethesda should definitely consider bringing more ideas from ID back to this franchise, if a third instalment is planned.
  96. Nov 5, 2017
    I see that most most of the negative reviews are from "shocker" dipsh*ts who haven't even touched the game and are crying about their political agenda. From someone who has played it is everything I wanted from a follow up to the new order and more. The story is still one of the best aspects with the fact that the darker subject matter is taken to more serious levels here and that theI see that most most of the negative reviews are from "shocker" dipsh*ts who haven't even touched the game and are crying about their political agenda. From someone who has played it is everything I wanted from a follow up to the new order and more. The story is still one of the best aspects with the fact that the darker subject matter is taken to more serious levels here and that the characters are all written and portrayed very well. The gameplay haven't changed for the most part but it doesn't need to as it feels fantastic as the new order and it is mostly just small fixes. Overall a great sequel that you should support and ignore the idiots who are trying to desperately down toe this because of their agendas. Expand
  97. Nov 6, 2017
    game play is good
    story is weak
    AI is dumb
    Zero development on the world
    Not interesting charaters
    Grafics is good
    short game for full price
    Some areas look rushed and unfinished
  98. Nov 5, 2017
    Great game with my perfect score 10/10
    . Wolfenstein 2 never made me disapointed , It's is a wonderful follow up to the new order with almost everything being improved to be bette. The new id6 engine is fantastic the story is great and does not hold back any punches and the gameplay is just the best . I can play it all day long
  99. Nov 2, 2017
    Game play is very satisfactory, nothing like killing nazis. Game story is over the top but when you have that in mind it is awesome. The guns are unique and very satisfying to use, love to dual wield shotguns and can't beat the Lasergewehr, wish it could be used longer with a single charge.
  100. Nov 5, 2017
    Ok this game was undeniably interesting, even if its sub-plots and overall conclusion doesn't quite land, what makes it stand out is how it manages to make you care about its characters, the overall story feels very flawed, but certainly takes you to cool locations and situations, with the most non sensical yet foreshadowed moment that is, though definitely not possible, at least veryOk this game was undeniably interesting, even if its sub-plots and overall conclusion doesn't quite land, what makes it stand out is how it manages to make you care about its characters, the overall story feels very flawed, but certainly takes you to cool locations and situations, with the most non sensical yet foreshadowed moment that is, though definitely not possible, at least very bizarre and fascinating to see and splitting the already interesting time line mechanic into a three way choice too.

Every weapon in this game has a certain meaty punch to them, with a decent perk and upgrade system to go with them. Overall, despite what people say, there is plenty of gameplay here and machine games has included side operations too, as a sort of shield from complaints that its too short, and they work fine if just readjustments to the same maps in the world.

Looking back on this game overall, I was in constant state of enjoyment, and that I cannot deny, there are very mixed opinions in terms of users for this game, and all i can say is you might hate it or love it. But its certainly worth finding out, because this game is surprisingly creative.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 70 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 16, 2019
    Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is an FPS that makes a ton of good to great decisions, but also a handful of poor ones. Tightly crafted gameplay is marred by adherence to genre conventions, and the narrative gets off to a slow start as the game decides what it wants to be. However, neither of those are enough to drag this down too much, as it is simply too well put together and has more than enough personality and fun to poke through the layer of seriousness draped over the first parts of the campaign. What is left is a game that can stand as a very fine example of its genre, if not quite a groundbreaking one.
  2. Jan 2, 2018
    The second part continues in the footsteps of its predecessor and does not bring any major changes. However, it brings a hectic, explosive action accompanied by an excellent, though sometimes too exaggerative story.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Dec 15, 2017
    Shocking, silly and brutal, BJ's comeback spins an enjoyable, if tonally confused, yarn. Despite its issues, this is still a rollicking thoughtfully driven shooter. [Christmas 2017, p.93]