6.2

1. Mar 12, 2017
    The game doesnt work! there is a puzzle where you have to check the base of a cross and when the animation finishes the cursor disappears and your character freezes in place! this is with all patches installed and on PS4
  2. Oct 21, 2018
    In Chapter 1 game crushes or freezes indefinetly 4 times in a row. 2 years after the release nothing has changed. want an easy platinum and a great quest game? get a full throttle or even life is strange (not joking).
  3. Dec 4, 2019
    I played many adventure games and this is sadly among worst of them. I disliked it so much I considered not to complete the game but played it to the end (in second half quickly with walkthrough) out of curiosity just to see if the whole game is so bad and it indeed was.
    So there is: a) a truly horrible controls with often tiny active spots so the game has lots of pixel hunting. You cannot just move cursor but need to move whole person in searching for active spots and forget about modern features of adventure games as possibility to show all active spots at once.
    b) There are tons of close-ups with various details as in a hidden object game and you need to carefully inspect all of them as sometimes they are needed for progress but often these details are just useless. I remember similar feature worked quite well in Sherlock Holmes games as it was not overused but here it seemed to me just annoying.
    c) You sometimes need to combine items in particular order without any reason. So A+B works but B+A not. Often combination of several items with observations icons (that you get after noticing something) is needed with little hints as why you should do it that makes the game combining nightmare. It is usually a exercise in: "How to do simple things in most excruciating way possible" just to prolong the gameplay time.
    d) Story takes inspiration in Broken Sword games with some twists, but is just worse written. If you are interested in similar theme, I would recommend watching a movie The Ninth Gate instead.
    On plus side there is decent graphics and music in the game but overall playing was so bad for me that I can give only 1/10 score.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 9, 2016
    I can appreciate the effort, but in the end John Yesterday’s first adventure was better in every aspect. Having said that, the supernatural story with its bizzare dialogue and the clever designed puzzles still deliver a rock solid mystery thriller.
  2. Dec 8, 2016
    Yesterday Origins advances the storyline of its previous chapter, deeply exploring the protagonist's past and building a dark and exciting plot.
  3. Dec 8, 2016
    Yesterday Origins is a by-the-numbers adventure game that hits all of the marks with reliable accuracy. It doesn't reinvent the wheel, and the puzzles are standard and are occasionally veer difficult for the wrong reasons. The story is elevated by some distinct concepts and strong character writing. It's worth a try just to see how immortals deal with the problem of aging.