8.6

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jan 21, 2022
    Ok, this one got me. I'm normally not the rogue-like-type. Too repetitive, too frustrating. Normally. Hades somehow managed to glue me to the screen for at least 30 hours, till i got my first run complete.

Why? It could be because of the excellent controls, the more than solid mechanics and combat, the well thought upgrade-paths, the way it makes random, repetitive content feel unique by constantly delivering meaningful variations. But all that was delivered on the same level by other games.

So what's the difference? For me it's the production values and the narrative. The outstanding artwork, the great and original story, the well written characters, the numberless references to greek mythology, the eye-winking irony, the speaker cast. And: the soundtrack! Everything is done with so much love for detail, originality and feel for great mature entertainment. The motivation to start over with the 40 th run here is not simply to master a challenge but to find out what waits beyond the temple of Styx and how the story develops.

All in all a pretty unique and masterful turn on a not-so-much-loved genre. Well done Supergiant Games. And not for the 1st time ...

2. Aug 21, 2021
    Hades is a fantastic game that spits in the face of the mediocrity I have often come to expect of games ported from PC to consoles. It is so refreshing to me that this game can be played on PS5, and that, in itself, makes it an incredible game.

There are only two major gripes I really have with Hades. The first is that much of what Hades does feels like it has been done by others, to some extent - its rogue-lite elements (and I mean this as a compliment) felt like the best of what was on display from many of the early high-quality Flash games one might find on sites like Newgrounds and AddictingGames.com. However, it does all the things those games did with much more flawless execution, and to a far greater depth.

My only other major gripe with Hades is that I did not feel overly compelled to return to it after beating the final boss for the first time. I still come back to it now and then, but it just doesn't feel like the kind of game I want to play for hours and hours - it was very, very fun while I was into it, and then I felt only a minimal urge to return to it.

For the time that I did enjoy Hades, it had my full attention. Its art design, voice work and characters are astonishingly good and refreshingly unique. It also brings enough role-playing mechanics to the roguelike genre to feel somewhat fresh amidst this new renaissance of roguelike games (i.e. Dead Cells, 20XX, etc.). I really have little else to say about the game - it is a game that has clearly had immense amounts of work put into it, and the level of polish on display is remarkable.

Hades deserves every accolade it has received. Its level of polish defies expectations, and shows what a dedicated team can do when it comes to crafting a video game. Even if you aren't normally a fan of roguelike games, I think there is something here for everyone, and it is respectful of your time and money. It is worth every cent I paid for it, and will likely be to you as well.
  3. Aug 15, 2021
    Fear is for the Weak!
    Fear is for the Weak!
    After getting a platinum in this game, I can say one thing - this is an incredibly cool game! The gameplay, soundtrack, visual design and character design (both visual and the development of characters and lore) are all done at incredible level. There are several questions for the plot, not script-based of course, because according to the script everything is simple and clear, there are no pitfalls there, but there are questions about importing it into the gameplay, because Rogue-Like games often do not have a very deep plot, and sometimes they do not have it at all, so the plot in this game is as follows - to start the main storyline you need run away from Hades Realm 1 time, in order to complete the storyline you need to run 10 times. The plot does not end there, then there is an epilogue and here everything is more complicated. For someone, the epilogue can be achieved in 50 breakouts, for someone in 100+, because getting the final quest for the epilogue is not an easy and quite time-consuming task in itself , personally it took me 83 breakouts to get platinum and, accordingly, get the epilogue. But getting the epilogue, and especially all the trophies, is a strictly individual thing. But if you close your eyes to these minor problems, you will get an unforgettable adventure with a bunch of charismatic characters. Also I’d recommend you to run the Pact of Punishment - Extreme Measures 4 at least once, I promise you will enjoy it: 3.
  4. Aug 14, 2021
    This is an awesome game!! I’m a bit knew to this genre, but I’m loving it!!!
  5. Sep 27, 2021
    Way different than Returnal which had no any sense repetitive rouguelike gameplay in this game have a lot of sense. Characters, voice acting, cartoon retro graphics and awesome fight mechanic make this game real gem! Only bad thing is some of unnecessary grinding for platinum trophy!
  6. Aug 20, 2021
    Hades is one of my favorite games even though I am not a big fan of Roguelike Games.
  7. Oct 14, 2021
    Absolutely deserves its "must play" label. This is one of the best games I've played in modern history. I've beaten it 40+ times, but still keep coming back for more. The story is beautiful, the art is beautiful, the gameplay is beautiful, the leveling is beautiful, the voice acting is beautiful.

Just get it.
  8. Aug 22, 2021
    [Spanish] Muy entretenido, muy recomendado. La musica y graficos son hermosos. Jugabilidad muy buena. 100% recomendado.
  9. Aug 22, 2021
    This is an amazing game. The best roguelike game I ever played. The story was okay and combining differenet god powers was fun
  10. Feb 9, 2022
    Vert addictive gameplay, get so into doing runs that I turn the volume down and miss the great voice acting
  11. Oct 3, 2021
    Extremely polished roguelike from SuperGiant Games. Brilliant art-style, soundtrack and voice acting, along with tight, solid and addictive gameplay and systems. These are the types of games that need supporting and shouting about; there's more design and attention-to-detail in Zagreus's run animation, than anything you will ever see in the cookie cutter ethos of EA, UbiSoft et al.Extremely polished roguelike from SuperGiant Games. Brilliant art-style, soundtrack and voice acting, along with tight, solid and addictive gameplay and systems. These are the types of games that need supporting and shouting about; there's more design and attention-to-detail in Zagreus's run animation, than anything you will ever see in the cookie cutter ethos of EA, UbiSoft et al.

Superb game and well worth playing for anyone with even a passing interest in fun hack 'n' slash isometric dungeon crawlers, roguelikes, or indeed Greek mythology.
  12. Nov 18, 2021
    Hades is a masterpiece and must play title, definetly worth your time. There's something to it that won´t let you stop playing it. Go check it out!
  13. Aug 19, 2021
    Crazy addictive because there's a constant sense of progress, whether in slowly becoming stronger, better, or just strengthening bonds with family and friends.
  14. Oct 16, 2021
    Holy **** this game is awesome. I don't think any other future Roguelike will be this awesome unless they have some of the Hades formulae. Supergiant Games have thought of every single thing to maintain the balance of the game. And the game only starts when you finish it! Despite having finished it on my 71st try, I'm still compelled to push forward to get to the true ending. And the gameHoly **** this game is awesome. I don't think any other future Roguelike will be this awesome unless they have some of the Hades formulae. Supergiant Games have thought of every single thing to maintain the balance of the game. And the game only starts when you finish it! Despite having finished it on my 71st try, I'm still compelled to push forward to get to the true ending. And the game is still awesome! Was afraid it may get a tad bit boring but man was I wrong. The game is superb, righteously deserves all the praises. 100% recommended even if you don't like Roguelike. Expand
  15. Sep 13, 2021
    As a beginner to Hades and to this genre in general, the game really blew my expectations. Pretty much every aspect is done with such levels of detail that you can't help but feel engrossed in this world.

One of the coolest aspects to me is the fact that every run feels different in some way or another, the replay value of this game is amazing with so many gameplay mechanics and powers to discover. The progress is also done flawlessly. With every death you learn something new and you can comeback stronger. There is also a way you can make the game easier if you want to enjoy a chill run and to take in the scenery. You can't help to appreciate the art, the score and the level design that makes the game that more enjoyable.

The only weaker aspect of the game is the endgame. After you finish the game there is minimal incentive for you to keep playing. There are only some minor rewards that you get for making the game more challenging and some more dialogues.

Although it may not be for everyone , this roguelike deserves all the respect and recognition it got. Its fun, addictive, clever and I hope the creativity from Supergiant Games doesn't end here.
  16. Jan 24, 2022
    After getting the platinum on this game, I'm happy I'll be able to platinum it again because of the free upgrade from ps4 to ps5, story was amazing, music was lit, gameplay and controls awesome. Don't miss out on this gem.
  17. Nov 12, 2021
    Just a flawless game. incredible graphics art and really adictive. Definetely working on that plat!
  18. Aug 21, 2021
    Esse jogo é viciante mesmo, difícil mas muito bom mesmo. Recomendo muito jogar esse jogo
  19. Aug 21, 2021
    This game is awesome. The OST is awesome. The characters are awesome. I do recommend Scape 10 times for the lore.
  20. Aug 21, 2021
    I masterpiece, take it from someone who hates repetitive games, this one made it more than just fun, if you are into an hack and slash game, this is a must.
    only people who wouldn't like it are probably stuck playing the same MMORPG from 2012 or hate videogames.
  21. Aug 21, 2021
    The Internet was right. This is an absolutely incredible game, the artwork to the story, to just how it feels is amazing. It's 100% worth getting if you're reading this wondering.. Also watch the Noclip documentary of its development!
  22. Oct 11, 2021
    The fact that there have never been two runs that felt exactly same for me makes this game the best rogue game I’ve ever played. It was quite tedious to reach the final ending of the story, but it is very rewarding, too. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of Supergiant’s unique style of making masterpieces.
  23. Nov 20, 2021
    This is the first rogue-like game I've ever played. After saying that, I absolutely love this game! If you've never played any of the Diablos, or dungeon crawlers like that, then this is a great entry point for this genre. Game play was fun and addictive. I told myself, "One more run" countless times. This game is worth every penny, and since it's an indy game, it won't cost you too many pennies.
  24. Jan 1, 2022
    Wow, just wow. What an incredible in depth experience. I love it. It is worth the hype.
  25. Aug 15, 2021
    Great game. It is nailing the gameplay loop to make it fun and addictive. After every run you go to the hub and even if you did not succeeded, you will have some new dialogues, events, you will upgrade the character, unlock new weapon... something new will happen almost every time. (its not like returnal, where if you dont kill the next boss, you loose all the progress. You progress andGreat game. It is nailing the gameplay loop to make it fun and addictive. After every run you go to the hub and even if you did not succeeded, you will have some new dialogues, events, you will upgrade the character, unlock new weapon... something new will happen almost every time. (its not like returnal, where if you dont kill the next boss, you loose all the progress. You progress and continue uncovering lore even if you keep dying. And that is great motiavtion to keep going and makes the game much less frustrating). And once you unlock the upgrades, you just want to start again to see how it affects next run. So you keep doing this loop (unlock new stuff, test new stuff) until next morning :-D Expand
  26. Aug 15, 2021
    Hades is a rogue-like, so you should be aware of what these are before playing. They aren't everyone's cup of tea and even for me I don't like most of them as they are simply too repetitive and lack reward. Hades stumbles in and out of this trap but I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

The graphics of Hades are close to what I would call cell-shaded. The PS5 really helps keep graphics fluid and a pleasure as everything operates smoothly at around 60FPS. The downside of Hades is the repetition, something I'll be talking about throughout this review. You'll be seeing the same 3/4 areas a lot and despite some variations in how levels are laid out, they still fall under the same themes of fire/dungeon etc.

The gameplay of Hades revolves around the rogue-like mechanics - you start at your base and go as far as you can, powering up along the way; if you die, you start over. Hades does well as it allows you to level up some abilities permanently, but for me this wasn't quite enough as you still lose most of your gains when you die, a key tenet of rogue-likes. The downside of this is that it's demotivating, especially as you have to traverse every area back to where you were, so it's quite frustrating if you're at the final boss, for example.

Hades is quite aware that you're going to be facing repetition. By this I mean that up until I finished playing there were still fresh dialogues appearing and after completing one run there were a lot of endgame options to make future runs more challenging. These are excellent features if you really enjoy rogue-likes and want to get mileage out of Hades.

The gameplay itself is pretty tight and flawless. You can unlock a variety of weapons to battle against repetition and I found combat quite engaging to the point I wanted to play more, but also annoying when I had to start from the very first area each time.

Hades has a God mode, which I wish I had switched on as soon as I started the game as it increases your defence after each death, helping to prevent tedium and repetition.

Hades has quite an in-depth story and a ton of lore to read. This didn't interest me but the banter and sarcasm between the characters was very enjoyable and the premise of the game is pretty easy to grasp. You won't be caught in endless unskippable cut-scenes!

Overall, whether you like Hades or not likely comes down to whether you like rogue-likes or not. If you do, I think you'll enjoy Hades a lot. I'm not overly fussed but still had a good time with Hades, however after one complete run I had had enough as the repetition really set in by this point. The game needs more permanent rewards and upgrades for me, which is why I'd probably recommend Children of Morta over Hades.
  27. Aug 19, 2021
    Masterpiece. Completely addictive. Polished down to a t. Even if you’ve never been into rogue likes (I am not) you will find yourself completely sucked in into this game.
  28. Aug 23, 2021
    A masterpiece that every player should try. Fun, challenging and rewarding.
  29. Aug 21, 2021
    Not a bad game at all though Overreliance on Disc Reader can be a bit of problem.
  30. Nov 29, 2021
    RogueLike Hack & **** Game like Returnal but with worse Graphics und Indie Art Design. The score is a shame.
  31. Feb 16, 2022
    Annoying to play 100 times with small variaty. Dialogues are not so interesting to read
  32. Aug 16, 2021
    Simply the best rogue like game i have ever played. Perfect experience on ps5. 4k 60 fps. Waiting now a 120 fps mode!!!
  33. Nov 21, 2021
    This game is sooo boring I dont believe people like it and this score this is some joke this game is for phone not for next gen console .
  34. Aug 22, 2021
    The gameplay is not that engaging and is very repetitive. Graphics on PS5 are not very crisp, especially the characters. At least it is not $60.
  35. Dec 10, 2021
    Its ok for the price. Its massively overrated though. Its grinding the same levels over and over again.
  36. Sep 2, 2021
    Hades is one of my favourite games I played in recent time on my switch and on PC. I was quite hyped to be able to play on PS5 - until I opened the game and noticed, that I can't take over my saves.
    The game imho itself deserves a 10/10 - The great story, awesome music, beautiful worlds and superbe gameplay makes it the easiet rogue-lite game for starters of this genre.
    I just don't want
    I just don't want to have to start over, which is why it's not getting a full scor from me.
  37. Aug 22, 2021
    This game is crashing randomly. Does anybody know about quality control? I would understand from a small studio. But that's a top selling game and the port got one year to be made. This sloppiness will costs thousands and thousands of hours to players. Because that's the beauty of it: that's a game that does not save your progress between runs.
  38. Oct 4, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My top PS5 games
    1. Hades
    2. RATCHET & CLANK: RIFT APART
    3. Other for TOP3 meme :-)
  39. Aug 16, 2021
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssbbbbbbbbbbb
  40. Aug 21, 2021
    Fast gameplay, great artistry and challenging my GOTY for 2020 no doubt about it.
  41. Jan 10, 2022
    This is one of the best games I every played.
    It has a game play loop that you can play for hrs and never get board.
  42. Dec 22, 2021
    Fun game, great story, lots of gameplay experiments possible which challenges you to find the best possible build to break the game while having a randomizer factor.
  43. Aug 29, 2021
    Absolutely perfect version of the game we all loved on Switch. Only on PS5 in 4K, it looks even better. Cannot recommend this game highly enough. Just buy it.
  44. Oct 25, 2021
    Really good and accessible roguelike. A little overrated because of the repetitive nature of rogue-likes and luck of rogue-likes, but this is definately one of the more good and assessible ones. It is not mechanically hard, it is hard because of no save points aka being a roguelike. The game will probably start clicking for people one they reach double digits in run counts.

Pros: -

Pros:
    - Very accessible rogue like
    - Rpg/ grinding elements
    - Side Characters quips
    - Addicting and varied gameplay loops to an extent

So-so:
    - story

Cons:
    - rng and repetitive nature of rogue likes

Rogue likes after beating this game are still in the niche category for me. End game runs are not everyones cup of tea. Beat this game on my 21st run, and fatigue is drawing fast. One of the best rogue likes, but still a little overrated in my opinion.
  45. Aug 19, 2021
    Awesome game. I have died already countless times and can't get enough of it. Highly recommended.
  46. Aug 25, 2021
    My favorite game of it's genre. Greek mythology in a cool, theatrical adaptation around a roguelite platformer with many quirks and choices to make. You really have to play it to understand how addictive it is!
  47. Jan 24, 2022
    Game of the year for me in 2021.

100+ hours and still playing. Great story, combat and graphics.
  48. Dec 26, 2022
    Tight gameplay
    -Engaging and strong dialogue
    -Lovable/memorable characters -Intriguing plot that drives you to continue playing and reaching the end numerous times. I'm not well versed in the catalog of games from Supergiant, but if Hades is anything to go off of, the studio produces incredible engaging products with such depth and care put into their characters and worlds, and it is
    Tight gameplay
    -Engaging and strong dialogue
    -Lovable/memorable characters

I'm not well versed in the catalog of games from Supergiant, but if Hades is anything to go off of, the studio produces incredible engaging products with such depth and care put into their characters and worlds, and it is absolutely worth delving into.
  49. Apr 30, 2022
    Hades has a cool idea, and the characters are really lovable and alive, though it is just a glorified grind without much payoff. You can collect an item to level up your relationships with other characters, and I was very excited to see what would happen when I did, though I beat the final boss before anything did happen. Then the game tells you to do it again and again for the 'real'Hades has a cool idea, and the characters are really lovable and alive, though it is just a glorified grind without much payoff. You can collect an item to level up your relationships with other characters, and I was very excited to see what would happen when I did, though I beat the final boss before anything did happen. Then the game tells you to do it again and again for the 'real' ending. Even playing 3 hours more I didn't make progress with any characters, you don't even know if you'll find that item out there, or if the character you want to talk to will even be around!

The combat is that serviceable and then bland feeling Supergiant combat with that same Deviantart.com art style. The music is the same bland music they always have.

You feel addicted to wanting to upgrade your relationships, home, and character, and the combat to do it feels like a bland and stressful slog, as it is often a gangbang-bullethell game.
  50. Sep 7, 2021
    Context: I beat the game (saw the credits roll for the first time), on a Playstation 5. I have experience playing roguelikes such as Risk of Rain 2 and Crypt of NecroDancer. I also have experience playing dungeon crawlers RPGs such as the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, Minecraft Dungeons and Cadence of Hyrule. I have not played any other games developed by Supergiant prior to Hades. ToContext: I beat the game (saw the credits roll for the first time), on a Playstation 5. I have experience playing roguelikes such as Risk of Rain 2 and Crypt of NecroDancer. I also have experience playing dungeon crawlers RPGs such as the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, Minecraft Dungeons and Cadence of Hyrule. I have not played any other games developed by Supergiant prior to Hades. To see the credits roll, took me roughly 30 hours, with about 50 deaths.

Hades entered early access in 2018 and here I am playing it for the first time and reviewing it nearing the end of 2021. I believe it is this agile development approach that Supergiant games took, that includes absorbing and applying community feedback, resulted in a highly polished game, deserving of all its praise. Hades is a game that can be described as a hack and slash game with a strong narrative, heavily influenced by RNGesus regarding chamber awards, action packed combat (be prepared to mash the dash button), and the boons/ upgrades/ perks you choose. Hades is also strictly a single-player game, there are no multiplayer functionality, not even a leaderboard to compared escape metrics with other players.

You play as Zagreus, trying to escape the house your farther Hades has you confined in. Zagreus' kit contains a weapon, the ability to dash, a cast projectile and more that you can acquire while traversing the worlds. Your mission is to escape and in doing so, you will die. A lot. The point of a roguelike is that every time you die, you encounter a totally different experience. On the notion of narrative, there is so much dialogue and the characters you encounter are vividly fleshed out, running into the same characters a second time, a third time, a fourth time, is always a refreshing experience. Every time Zagreus, rises from the dead, a new conversation unfolds with the characters around him. The bosses pick up on your playing style, and when you've gone through the same spot a few times, tiny alterations are made that response to a plot rationale. It's not easy to have a complex storey in a roguelite, especially one that explains itself so forcefully. This excellent plot is centred on a gameplay in which you must adapt as best you can to the tools provided by the game.

In a world where everyone wants to see results quick, Hades delivers this beautiful with the constant sense of growth and character progress. This is broken down into two parts: character development and your experience as a player in a tactical approach to each dungeon. There are no shortcuts in Hades and the impression of repetition or the ability to fall into monotony or dissatisfaction is a risk for games that make this choice. The game offers a good arsenal of weapons, that grow as you progress during your escape. The game pushes you to try a different out all the weapons with in game random bonuses but also with various progression rewards with each weapon.

Zagreus's abilities obtained in his mirror and weapon specific upgrades do not reset upon death like boons and other bonus found in chambers. The static upgrades support player progression, avoiding a tedious experience without becoming too easy. During the game, the different gods of Olympus will give you their blessings that are nothing other than abilities and modifications to your attacks. You won't always be able to acquire the optimal build evertime, but you'll need to gain enough instinct and knowledge of the many improvements to adapt as best you can to the game's conditions.

All of this is supported with a well-cared-for bestiary, complete with zone-specific units and well-designed final monsters that make facing them always a challenge without ever feeling impossible. Their artificial intelligence isn't very impressive, but it's also not supposed to be. It's quite simple to lure them into traps, while our basic assaults, specialities, and spells may not always be enough to stop the waves that each level presents.

All in all, Hades turns out to be a thoroughly gratifying title, with a lot of nice concepts and a solid execution that is difficult to criticize. If the roguelike RPG genre piques your interest, Hades is definitely worth picking up. The sensation of advancement, both in terms of the adventure and in terms of your talents and strategic grasp of it, is fantastic, reassuring, and addictive. The experience begs to be replayed over and over, transforming your narrative exercise into an element deserving of further exploration. Despite all the praise, I have not had the motivation to continue playing. I know there is still a lot of content ahead of me but reward for defeating Hades felt lacklustre, destroying my interest in escaping once again. Perhaps if there were online leaderboards to compare my performance to others, I would be more inclined to continue improving but I have already experienced the song and dance Hades provides.
  51. Sep 30, 2021
    Even after defeating the final boss, this wholesome rogue-lite title is still fun to play, challenging, and repeatable enough to get back to it from time to time. Hades has great dialogues and mature romance options. It's great that even if you're tired and in no form, you can still try a run and get something from it. Definitely one of the best games I played in years and the most fun rogue-lite.
  52. Aug 22, 2021
    Best every game! It so great, beautiful and has best soundtrack ever! Highly recommended!
  53. Sep 20, 2021
    Very innovative end games design and probably the best among all.

This game gradually gives the player something new a bit by bit before your first breakthrough and even after your 30th breakthrough.
  54. Dec 17, 2021
    Jogabilidade fluida (cada arma torna Hades num jogo totalmente diferente), história cativante, personagens incríveis e fator replay perfeitos para um roguelike.
  55. Mar 3, 2022
    Every playthrough of Hades was different and increasingly more fun and intense. The boons made every run through interesting, the Greek mythology characters added so much life to this game. Zagreus himself is a dynamic main character and the gameplay and combat was always so fresh.
  56. Mar 8, 2022
    Game is incredible. Fun, funny, and incredibly addicting. Loved every minute of it
  57. Dec 21, 2021
    This is absolutely one of my favorite games of all time. I went in blind, with no expectations having heard nothing about the game, and wow. I was blown away. The characters, graphical design, level variety, character/enemy models, story, music, UI, and voice acting are absolutely phenomenal. I have no complaints. This game has some of the best combat I've seen in a rogue-like as well. IThis is absolutely one of my favorite games of all time. I went in blind, with no expectations having heard nothing about the game, and wow. I was blown away. The characters, graphical design, level variety, character/enemy models, story, music, UI, and voice acting are absolutely phenomenal. I have no complaints. This game has some of the best combat I've seen in a rogue-like as well. I absolutely recommend this game. Deserves all the praise it gets and more. Expand
  58. Jan 29, 2023
    Great game. Can't put down the controller. Endless replay value and also have great story.
  59. Aug 18, 2021
    Not normally my type of game but it's beautiful to look at , easy to pick up yet has enough complexity to it to keep you interested. And the voice acting is great!
    Even for £20 this feels like one of the best ps5 games their is so far.
  60. Oct 21, 2021
    Not normally my type of game but boy did it like up to the hype. Finished the main story a few days ago but find myself unable to put it down still. Great story, characters, gameplay and music.
  61. Dec 30, 2022
    Got bored pretty easily after a couple of hours of playing. Perhaps it's not my cup of tea.
  62. Aug 30, 2021
    Awesome rouglite game. Очень ждал на PS5, и не зря. Игра отвал башки, 10 Афродит из 10!
    Спасибо разрабам за такой качестчвенный рогалик, играю взахлёб, не оторваться.
  63. Sep 26, 2021
    Made about 40 escape attempts have just made my first escape. It is a good game with good and very whitty voice acting. Fun combat and very addictive that relies heavily on rng. However to get the full story I believe you have to make 10 escapes which I can't see it holding my attention for that long.
  64. Aug 26, 2021
    Best from last games. Very action. Very fast. But to short. Good sound. Good story!!
  65. Dec 15, 2022
    One of the best roguelike out there. Amazing gameplay and also story, dialogues and characters. It's great to play it bit by bit and become more and more stronger. The game in the beginning is kinda difficult but with time it gets easier. I love the art design and animations. It's such an amazing game, can't wait for Hades 2
  66. Aug 14, 2021
    Шикарная игра! Людям, писавшим диалоги - моё уважение. И вообще всё в этой игре на высоте!
    Было бы очень здорово, если бы можно было немного увеличивать размер шрифта. Иногда на телевизоре трудно прочесть описания даров. В остальном - всё очень классно!
  67. Aug 24, 2021
    Impresionante juegazo. Un must have. Jugabilidad inmejorable. Historia única y emotiva. Banda sonora sublime. Todos los elementos del juego son de 10
  68. Aug 27, 2021
    Hades bardzo dobry tytuł. Dynamicznym, wciągający z mega rozgrywka. Świetnie opowiedziana historia. Bawię się świetnie.
  69. Mar 9, 2022
    This game was excellent!

It was my second roguelike, and wow did it not disappoint. I found myself always itching for one more run. I loved the story arcs, love the world, love the style, love the music. If you aren't sure you like roguelite, and enjoy the style, give this a try, it will really set the bar on future ventures into this genre. There is greatness in this games,
    This game was excellent!

I loved the story arcs, love the world, love the style, love the music.

There is greatness in this games, it's in the blood.
  70. Oct 1, 2021
    what a game! super fun gameplay, interesting game concept and story-telling. I‘m pretty sure you won‘t stop with your first escape.
  71. Dec 15, 2021
    Hades es uno de los mejores juegos indie que han salido hasta la fecha. Este roguelite ha llegado a ser uno de los mejores exponentes de su género gracias a su exquisita jugabilidad, sistema de progresión y curva de dificultad. La manera en la que cambia cada partida según el arma que elijas, las bendiciones que utilices y las decisiones permiten que el juego se haga muy entretenido deHades es uno de los mejores juegos indie que han salido hasta la fecha. Este roguelite ha llegado a ser uno de los mejores exponentes de su género gracias a su exquisita jugabilidad, sistema de progresión y curva de dificultad. La manera en la que cambia cada partida según el arma que elijas, las bendiciones que utilices y las decisiones permiten que el juego se haga muy entretenido de jugar, ya que cada partida que realices va a ser totalmente distinta a la anterior. Aquí entra el único punto débil del juego: la repetición de los enemigos para llegar hasta el final del juego. Tras finalizar la primera run, hasta llegar al final del juego hay que volver a pasárselo un número significativo de veces y, a pesar de que tras este final se añaden algunos enemigos e interacciones nuevas (incluso algunas mecánicas nuevas que dificultan el juego a cambio de una mayor recompensa), se hacen bastante escasos para la cantidad de veces que se te pide finalizar la run para llegar a los créditos. Esto provoca que las últimas runs que se realicen se hagan un tanto repetitivas ya que, además de este factor, las bendiciones ya no son sorprendentes y la repetición se hace notar demasiado. Añadiendo a este problema las interfaces poco intuitivas y mejorables, este juego es perfecto en todo lo demás. La historia me parece muy buena, intrigante y que consigue a través de su sencilla premisa que sea fácil de seguir y que te enganche. Cabe destacar que los arcos argumentales entre los personajes, que a su vez todos ellos son excelentes, son cada cual mejor y los hilos que se generan entre ellos generan que la historia sea muy completa y coherente. A esto se le añade el sistema de regalos, lo que permite profundizar sobre todos ellos. La mitología griega está perfectamente implementada en el juego, mediante diálogos, interacciones, intervenciones del narrador y descripciones de personajes y enemigos; siendo este uno de los pilares fundamentales del mismo. A nivel artístico es increíble, con personajes y escenarios memorablemente bellos; y la banda sonora también es excelente. He tardado unas 30 horas en pasármelo pero la duración puede variar mucho según la destreza del jugador. Un juegazo recomendable para todo el mundo. 9,2/10
    (12/2021)
  72. Nov 23, 2021
    It’s a nice game of its genre. I only think that it’s a bit shallow in content.
  73. Nov 13, 2022
    It has been a while since I'm so hooked into a game and played until morning. Experience this mater piece yourself.
  74. Aug 19, 2021
    The game is good fun and challenging ,the combat love it. All the gods you fight will make you rage lol.
  75. Aug 17, 2021
    Something Hades has over every other Rogue-like game I've played is that you actually get some kind of reward for dying. Typically, it's a slog to go through each of the levels and dying only makes things more frustrating depending on the balance of the power-ups you receive throughout play through. In Hades when I die I get to look at the beautiful artwork of the characters as theySomething Hades has over every other Rogue-like game I've played is that you actually get some kind of reward for dying. Typically, it's a slog to go through each of the levels and dying only makes things more frustrating depending on the balance of the power-ups you receive throughout play through. In Hades when I die I get to look at the beautiful artwork of the characters as they interact with each other and with Zagreus. I still get to progress in some way regardless of how well I did in the run.

To combat frustration from repetition, they've included a "god mode" that gives you more health and defense after each death to help you get through everything there is to get through in the game.

Combat is well fleshed out, the weapon options are varying enough that each run with a different weapon can alter how I strategize what path to take.

Music and voice acting is amazing as is typical of Supergiant Games.

It's absolutely the best rogue-like out there, making every other one I used to enjoy seem bland and boring.

If you like rogue-likes, then great. Get this game, and if you don't.. well.. Get this game. It's the best rogue-likes have to offer.
  76. Sep 5, 2021
    Das spiel macht einfach unglaublich spaß. Es ist mein erstes Rogue like game und ich war skeptisch aber verdammt, gestern gekauft und direkt 12 Stunden versenkt
  77. Aug 20, 2021
    Thus, the revamped version of "Hades" on the PlayStation 5 is really fun to play. Of course, it depends on the fact that you also like games like this. The storyline is interesting and the many familiar characters from Greek mythology are always entertaining. The controls and graphics are much better and are a lot of fun from the first second. In addition, the English speakers and the goodThus, the revamped version of "Hades" on the PlayStation 5 is really fun to play. Of course, it depends on the fact that you also like games like this. The storyline is interesting and the many familiar characters from Greek mythology are always entertaining. The controls and graphics are much better and are a lot of fun from the first second. In addition, the English speakers and the good German subtitles can entertain you well and the soundtrack also sounds good. Those who would like to experience a really successful game of this genre should also pick up the new version of the game. Expand
  78. Aug 16, 2021
    A wonderful game. After playing 21 times, I have not reached escaped yet. But in those 21 times, I had a different experience in terms of weapon builds, enemies, the path to bosses, etc. Of the 5 weapons that I have unlocked, I will not say that I have a favorite. Every weapon has its own advantages and disadvantages. But for each disadvantage, you could make a build to reduce that. ThisA wonderful game. After playing 21 times, I have not reached escaped yet. But in those 21 times, I had a different experience in terms of weapon builds, enemies, the path to bosses, etc. Of the 5 weapons that I have unlocked, I will not say that I have a favorite. Every weapon has its own advantages and disadvantages. But for each disadvantage, you could make a build to reduce that. This created a great balance in the game. Having a lot of things happening on the screen, there were no framerate drops ever. I sometimes wondered how well the developers have worked on it. It's smooth, very balanced, and always challenging which allows me to play many times.
    I would have given a 10, if not for the crash that happened that one time while playing.
    All in all it's a very good game.
  79. Aug 22, 2021
    This game is so fun addicting. Storyline and dialogue is full of lore and not repetitive. Gameplay- You'll never get bored play this over and over again. Every each weapon you use will give you different story line dialogue and lore, not to mention every weapon will give you different play style through it in game mechanics.

Even when you thought you beat the game, this game will give you

Even when you thought you beat the game, this game will give you more!
    This is really a must play!!!
  80. Sep 19, 2021
    This is an awesome game!! I’m a bit knew to this genre, but I’m loving it!!!
  81. Sep 16, 2021
    Un titre du jeu de l’année amplement mérité, même encore en 2021.

Ce jeu a une classe incroyable :
  82. Sep 21, 2021
    WOW este juego me sorprendió para bien, tardó en llegar a Play 5 pero al poderlo jugar se nota el cariño indie
  83. Dec 3, 2021
    Ein sehr gutes Rouge-Like mit einer graphisch sehr schön gestalteten Welt. Das Gameplay geht sehr gut von der Hand und auch das technische ist sehr gut umgesetzt. Selbst die Story und die Nebencharaktere sind für dieses Genre ziemlich gut
  84. Oct 10, 2021
    Simplemente una maravilla, de los mejores indi de la decada, por no decir que sin contar a the binding of Isaac, es la joya de la corona en su genero.
  85. Nov 2, 2021
    Addicting as hell with ultra tight controls. Enough randomization to keep you interested but also doesn't go overboard where you feel like you were given impossible odds. The upgrade system is like a carrot on a stick that keeps you playing. Definitely one of the best games I've played in a while.
  86. Nov 7, 2021
    It's the most attractive game. It's not a waste of money even if you buy it at a regular price.
  87. Jan 21, 2023
    What a unique game. What an experience. Super giant games is a really special developer. Hades is definitely their best work but it brings the atmosphere and the feeling from previous games. It is one of those games that you could easily spend a 100 hours and still only have scratched only the surface. I only wish I was younger and had the time to do that. Well done Super Giant games, cantWhat a unique game. What an experience. Super giant games is a really special developer. Hades is definitely their best work but it brings the atmosphere and the feeling from previous games. It is one of those games that you could easily spend a 100 hours and still only have scratched only the surface. I only wish I was younger and had the time to do that. Well done Super Giant games, cant wait for Hades 2. Expand
  88. Dec 26, 2021
    To be fair, this game didn't catch my interest at all, I don't usually like roguelite/like games. But this one somehow managed to hook me quite more than I expected (63 attempts). Gameplay is satisfying, even dying is (and this is rare in a game). Sounds and music are abolutely amazing, story is pretty interesting too. Overall the games is really good but overrated (in my opinion). StillTo be fair, this game didn't catch my interest at all, I don't usually like roguelite/like games. But this one somehow managed to hook me quite more than I expected (63 attempts). Gameplay is satisfying, even dying is (and this is rare in a game). Sounds and music are abolutely amazing, story is pretty interesting too. Overall the games is really good but overrated (in my opinion). Still deserves a solid 8. Expand
  89. Jan 3, 2022
    While I liked the game, I do think it's a little overrated. I found Dead Cells and Returnal to be better roguelike games. Hades has a cool art style and the voice acting is pretty good. The combat was descent, but a little chaotic at times and I didn't expect the game to be so short. At least a few more weapon options would be nice. Enemy variety was somewhat decent, and the boss fightsWhile I liked the game, I do think it's a little overrated. I found Dead Cells and Returnal to be better roguelike games. Hades has a cool art style and the voice acting is pretty good. The combat was descent, but a little chaotic at times and I didn't expect the game to be so short. At least a few more weapon options would be nice. Enemy variety was somewhat decent, and the boss fights were okay, but nothing too fun or memorable. I also don't find it to have good replay value, but it's pretty good for a single playthrough. I do recommend this game, but at a pretty good sale price. Expand
  90. Jan 1, 2022
    Graphics: colourful and interesting
    Sound: great voice work and fx; repetitive music
    Story: interesting if you can keep track!
    Gameplay: fun, I have done lots of play throughs, challenging and rewarding. Great game for short blasts or a few hours!
  91. Dec 21, 2022
    Played on Switch, then Xbox Series X, and then PS5. I can confirm that the PS5 version is the best. It simply runs smoother. It is a beautiful game, maybe the prettiest in years in the art department. I thought I loved their previous games a lot, but this one is even better than the rest. This and Returnal are unbelievable.
  92. Feb 27, 2022
    as an xbox player i have to say that this game runs extremely well on the playstation and i had no errors. simply a masterpiece
  93. Mar 21, 2022
    "HADES" is a Masterpiece. It has a Great Story, Enjoyable Gameplay, Deep Dialogue, Likeable Characters, Amazing Graphics, Balanced Difficulty, & Endless Fun. An easily 10/10 Game.
  94. Mar 31, 2022
    Классный рогалик! Музыка зачет! Я не поклонник рогаликов, но этот классный. Очень драйвовый и сюжетный на удивление
  95. Jul 16, 2022
    Jogo incrível, gameplay impecável, personagens carismáticos, viciante, gráficos lindíssimos, apenas peca na repetição após o final da primeira fuga.
  96. Aug 9, 2022
    Such a good game. Probably a 10 but I haven’t played enough to say that. Enjoy!
  97. Jul 30, 2022
    I would have definitely platinumed this game again if I wasn’t stacking on the multiplayer grinds.
  98. Dec 24, 2022
    Solid gameplay and nice themes, let down by typical roguelike game design and RNG effects. Ultimately its just a rush of enemies and bosses and some lore and story thrown in while you grind content with different effects and weapons. Cool, but not my cup of tea.
  99. Dec 20, 2022
    Gostoso demais de se jogar, é tão gostoso que nem sinto vontade de parar de jogar pra ler os diálogos, dá pra testar mil builds diferentes, é mt massa
  100. Dec 22, 2022
    llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Universal acclaim - based on 31 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 12, 2022
    Absolutely, absurdly, ungodly, good. An honest to Gods masterpiece, the likes of which are rarely seen anymore. As fun on the first run as on the fiftieth. What makes a Roguelike special is one that can keep the player engaged long term and there are so many little elements that will keep its audience coming back again and again. It's hard to find a flaw. To find a way this could be better. Supergiant have set their bar high here, delivering a game that will be used as an example in numerous areas for years to come. Following on from Transistor, and Bastion, it's exciting to see what they'll do next.
  2. Sep 16, 2021
    Hades on PS5 works perfectly. The resolution and textures look bright, colorful, and have very good quality. Sure, this is a version that doesn't take advantage of what the DualSense can offer, however that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed. This game is a must-play, regardless of the platform.
  3. Aug 27, 2021
    Stunning in every aspect. Jaw-dropping design, addictive battle system and freshly clever ideas to retain interest from the reproducibility of the roguelike genre.