8.3

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Aug 14, 2021
    This is an awesome game!! I’m a bit knew to this genre, but I’m loving it!!!
  2. Aug 15, 2021
    Great game. It is nailing the gameplay loop to make it fun and addictive. After every run you go to the hub and even if you did not succeeded, you will have some new dialogues, events, you will upgrade the character, unlock new weapon... something new will happen almost every time. (its not like returnal, where if you dont kill the next boss, you loose all the progress. You progress andGreat game. It is nailing the gameplay loop to make it fun and addictive. After every run you go to the hub and even if you did not succeeded, you will have some new dialogues, events, you will upgrade the character, unlock new weapon... something new will happen almost every time. (its not like returnal, where if you dont kill the next boss, you loose all the progress. You progress and continue uncovering lore even if you keep dying. And that is great motiavtion to keep going and makes the game much less frustrating). And once you unlock the upgrades, you just want to start again to see how it affects next run. So you keep doing this loop (unlock new stuff, test new stuff) until next morning :-D Expand
  3. Aug 21, 2021
    Hades is a fantastic game that spits in the face of the mediocrity I have often come to expect of games ported from PC to consoles. It is so refreshing to me that this game can be played on PS5, and that, in itself, makes it an incredible game.

There are only two major gripes I really have with Hades. The first is that much of what Hades does feels like it has been done by others, to some extent - its rogue-lite elements (and I mean this as a compliment) felt like the best of what was on display from many of the early high-quality Flash games one might find on sites like Newgrounds and AddictingGames.com. However, it does all the things those games did with much more flawless execution, and to a far greater depth.

My only other major gripe with Hades is that I did not feel overly compelled to return to it after beating the final boss for the first time. I still come back to it now and then, but it just doesn't feel like the kind of game I want to play for hours and hours - it was very, very fun while I was into it, and then I felt only a minimal urge to return to it.

For the time that I did enjoy Hades, it had my full attention. Its art design, voice work and characters are astonishingly good and refreshingly unique. It also brings enough role-playing mechanics to the roguelike genre to feel somewhat fresh amidst this new renaissance of roguelike games (i.e. Dead Cells, 20XX, etc.). I really have little else to say about the game - it is a game that has clearly had immense amounts of work put into it, and the level of polish on display is remarkable.

Hades deserves every accolade it has received. Its level of polish defies expectations, and shows what a dedicated team can do when it comes to crafting a video game. Even if you aren't normally a fan of roguelike games, I think there is something here for everyone, and it is respectful of your time and money. It is worth every cent I paid for it, and will likely be to you as well.
  4. Aug 15, 2021
    Fear is for the Weak!
    Fear is for the Weak!
    After getting a platinum in this game, I can say one thing - this is an incredibly cool game! The gameplay, soundtrack, visual design and character design (both visual and the development of characters and lore) are all done at incredible level. There are several questions for the plot, not script-based of course, because according to the script everything is simple and clear, there are no pitfalls there, but there are questions about importing it into the gameplay, because Rogue-Like games often do not have a very deep plot, and sometimes they do not have it at all, so the plot in this game is as follows - to start the main storyline you need run away from Hades Realm 1 time, in order to complete the storyline you need to run 10 times. The plot does not end there, then there is an epilogue and here everything is more complicated. For someone, the epilogue can be achieved in 50 breakouts, for someone in 100+, because getting the final quest for the epilogue is not an easy and quite time-consuming task in itself , personally it took me 83 breakouts to get platinum and, accordingly, get the epilogue. But getting the epilogue, and especially all the trophies, is a strictly individual thing. But if you close your eyes to these minor problems, you will get an unforgettable adventure with a bunch of charismatic characters. Also I’d recommend you to run the Pact of Punishment - Extreme Measures 4 at least once, I promise you will enjoy it: 3.
  5. Aug 15, 2021
    Hades is a rogue-like, so you should be aware of what these are before playing. They aren't everyone's cup of tea and even for me I don't like most of them as they are simply too repetitive and lack reward. Hades stumbles in and out of this trap but I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

The graphics of Hades are close to what I would call cell-shaded. The PS5 really helps keep graphics fluid and a pleasure as everything operates smoothly at around 60FPS. The downside of Hades is the repetition, something I'll be talking about throughout this review. You'll be seeing the same 3/4 areas a lot and despite some variations in how levels are laid out, they still fall under the same themes of fire/dungeon etc.

The gameplay of Hades revolves around the rogue-like mechanics - you start at your base and go as far as you can, powering up along the way; if you die, you start over. Hades does well as it allows you to level up some abilities permanently, but for me this wasn't quite enough as you still lose most of your gains when you die, a key tenet of rogue-likes. The downside of this is that it's demotivating, especially as you have to traverse every area back to where you were, so it's quite frustrating if you're at the final boss, for example.

Hades is quite aware that you're going to be facing repetition. By this I mean that up until I finished playing there were still fresh dialogues appearing and after completing one run there were a lot of endgame options to make future runs more challenging. These are excellent features if you really enjoy rogue-likes and want to get mileage out of Hades.

The gameplay itself is pretty tight and flawless. You can unlock a variety of weapons to battle against repetition and I found combat quite engaging to the point I wanted to play more, but also annoying when I had to start from the very first area each time.

Hades has a God mode, which I wish I had switched on as soon as I started the game as it increases your defence after each death, helping to prevent tedium and repetition.

Hades has quite an in-depth story and a ton of lore to read. This didn't interest me but the banter and sarcasm between the characters was very enjoyable and the premise of the game is pretty easy to grasp. You won't be caught in endless unskippable cut-scenes!

Overall, whether you like Hades or not likely comes down to whether you like rogue-likes or not. If you do, I think you'll enjoy Hades a lot. I'm not overly fussed but still had a good time with Hades, however after one complete run I had had enough as the repetition really set in by this point. The game needs more permanent rewards and upgrades for me, which is why I'd probably recommend Children of Morta over Hades.
  6. Aug 16, 2021
    Simply the best rogue like game i have ever played. Perfect experience on ps5. 4k 60 fps. Waiting now a 120 fps mode!!!
  7. Sep 2, 2021
    Hades is one of my favourite games I played in recent time on my switch and on PC. I was quite hyped to be able to play on PS5 - until I opened the game and noticed, that I can't take over my saves.
    The game imho itself deserves a 10/10 - The great story, awesome music, beautiful worlds and superbe gameplay makes it the easiet rogue-lite game for starters of this genre.
    I just don't want
    I just don't want to have to start over, which is why it's not getting a full scor from me.
  8. Aug 22, 2021
    This game is crashing randomly. Does anybody know about quality control? I would understand from a small studio. But that's a top selling game and the port got one year to be made. This sloppiness will costs thousands and thousands of hours to players. Because that's the beauty of it: that's a game that does not save your progress between runs.
  9. Aug 16, 2021
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssbbbbbbbbbbb
  10. Aug 22, 2021
    The gameplay is not that engaging and is very repetitive. Graphics on PS5 are not very crisp, especially the characters. At least it is not $60.
  11. Aug 21, 2021
    Not a bad game at all though Overreliance on Disc Reader can be a bit of problem.
  12. Aug 21, 2021
    Fast gameplay, great artistry and challenging my GOTY for 2020 no doubt about it.
  13. Aug 29, 2021
    Absolutely perfect version of the game we all loved on Switch. Only on PS5 in 4K, it looks even better. Cannot recommend this game highly enough. Just buy it.
  14. Aug 19, 2021
    Awesome game. I have died already countless times and can't get enough of it. Highly recommended.
  15. Aug 19, 2021
    Crazy addictive because there's a constant sense of progress, whether in slowly becoming stronger, better, or just strengthening bonds with family and friends.
  16. Aug 25, 2021
    My favorite game of it's genre. Greek mythology in a cool, theatrical adaptation around a roguelite platformer with many quirks and choices to make. You really have to play it to understand how addictive it is!
  17. Sep 7, 2021
    Context: I beat the game (saw the credits roll for the first time), on a Playstation 5. I have experience playing roguelikes such as Risk of Rain 2 and Crypt of NecroDancer. I also have experience playing dungeon crawlers RPGs such as the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, Minecraft Dungeons and Cadence of Hyrule. I have not played any other games developed by Supergiant prior to Hades. ToContext: I beat the game (saw the credits roll for the first time), on a Playstation 5. I have experience playing roguelikes such as Risk of Rain 2 and Crypt of NecroDancer. I also have experience playing dungeon crawlers RPGs such as the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, Minecraft Dungeons and Cadence of Hyrule. I have not played any other games developed by Supergiant prior to Hades. To see the credits roll, took me roughly 30 hours, with about 50 deaths.

Hades entered early access in 2018 and here I am playing it for the first time and reviewing it nearing the end of 2021. I believe it is this agile development approach that Supergiant games took, that includes absorbing and applying community feedback, resulted in a highly polished game, deserving of all its praise. Hades is a game that can be described as a hack and slash game with a strong narrative, heavily influenced by RNGesus regarding chamber awards, action packed combat (be prepared to mash the dash button), and the boons/ upgrades/ perks you choose. Hades is also strictly a single-player game, there are no multiplayer functionality, not even a leaderboard to compared escape metrics with other players.

You play as Zagreus, trying to escape the house your farther Hades has you confined in. Zagreus' kit contains a weapon, the ability to dash, a cast projectile and more that you can acquire while traversing the worlds. Your mission is to escape and in doing so, you will die. A lot. The point of a roguelike is that every time you die, you encounter a totally different experience. On the notion of narrative, there is so much dialogue and the characters you encounter are vividly fleshed out, running into the same characters a second time, a third time, a fourth time, is always a refreshing experience. Every time Zagreus, rises from the dead, a new conversation unfolds with the characters around him. The bosses pick up on your playing style, and when you've gone through the same spot a few times, tiny alterations are made that response to a plot rationale. It's not easy to have a complex storey in a roguelite, especially one that explains itself so forcefully. This excellent plot is centred on a gameplay in which you must adapt as best you can to the tools provided by the game.

In a world where everyone wants to see results quick, Hades delivers this beautiful with the constant sense of growth and character progress. This is broken down into two parts: character development and your experience as a player in a tactical approach to each dungeon. There are no shortcuts in Hades and the impression of repetition or the ability to fall into monotony or dissatisfaction is a risk for games that make this choice. The game offers a good arsenal of weapons, that grow as you progress during your escape. The game pushes you to try a different out all the weapons with in game random bonuses but also with various progression rewards with each weapon.

Zagreus's abilities obtained in his mirror and weapon specific upgrades do not reset upon death like boons and other bonus found in chambers. The static upgrades support player progression, avoiding a tedious experience without becoming too easy. During the game, the different gods of Olympus will give you their blessings that are nothing other than abilities and modifications to your attacks. You won't always be able to acquire the optimal build evertime, but you'll need to gain enough instinct and knowledge of the many improvements to adapt as best you can to the game's conditions.

All of this is supported with a well-cared-for bestiary, complete with zone-specific units and well-designed final monsters that make facing them always a challenge without ever feeling impossible. Their artificial intelligence isn't very impressive, but it's also not supposed to be. It's quite simple to lure them into traps, while our basic assaults, specialities, and spells may not always be enough to stop the waves that each level presents.

All in all, Hades turns out to be a thoroughly gratifying title, with a lot of nice concepts and a solid execution that is difficult to criticize. If the roguelike RPG genre piques your interest, Hades is definitely worth picking up. The sensation of advancement, both in terms of the adventure and in terms of your talents and strategic grasp of it, is fantastic, reassuring, and addictive. The experience begs to be replayed over and over, transforming your narrative exercise into an element deserving of further exploration. Despite all the praise, I have not had the motivation to continue playing. I know there is still a lot of content ahead of me but reward for defeating Hades felt lacklustre, destroying my interest in escaping once again. Perhaps if there were online leaderboards to compare my performance to others, I would be more inclined to continue improving but I have already experienced the song and dance Hades provides.
  18. Aug 22, 2021
    Best every game! It so great, beautiful and has best soundtrack ever! Highly recommended!
  19. Sep 20, 2021
    Very innovative end games design and probably the best among all.

This game gradually gives the player something new a bit by bit before your first breakthrough and even after your 30th breakthrough.
  20. Aug 19, 2021
    Masterpiece. Completely addictive. Polished down to a t. Even if you’ve never been into rogue likes (I am not) you will find yourself completely sucked in into this game.
  21. Aug 18, 2021
    Not normally my type of game but it's beautiful to look at , easy to pick up yet has enough complexity to it to keep you interested. And the voice acting is great!
    Even for £20 this feels like one of the best ps5 games their is so far.
  22. Sep 13, 2021
    As a beginner to Hades and to this genre in general, the game really blew my expectations. Pretty much every aspect is done with such levels of detail that you can't help but feel engrossed in this world.

One of the coolest aspects to me is the fact that every run feels different in some way or another, the replay value of this game is amazing with so many gameplay mechanics and powers to discover. The progress is also done flawlessly. With every death you learn something new and you can comeback stronger. There is also a way you can make the game easier if you want to enjoy a chill run and to take in the scenery. You can't help to appreciate the art, the score and the level design that makes the game that more enjoyable.

The only weaker aspect of the game is the endgame. After you finish the game there is minimal incentive for you to keep playing. There are only some minor rewards that you get for making the game more challenging and some more dialogues.

Although it may not be for everyone , this roguelike deserves all the respect and recognition it got. Its fun, addictive, clever and I hope the creativity from Supergiant Games doesn't end here.
  23. Aug 30, 2021
    Awesome rouglite game. Очень ждал на PS5, и не зря. Игра отвал башки, 10 Афродит из 10!
    Спасибо разрабам за такой качестчвенный рогалик, играю взахлёб, не оторваться.
  24. Aug 23, 2021
    A masterpiece that every player should try. Fun, challenging and rewarding.
  25. Aug 20, 2021
    Hades is one of my favorite games even though I am not a big fan of Roguelike Games.
  26. Aug 26, 2021
    Best from last games. Very action. Very fast. But to short. Good sound. Good story!!
  27. Aug 14, 2021
    Шикарная игра! Людям, писавшим диалоги - моё уважение. И вообще всё в этой игре на высоте!
    Было бы очень здорово, если бы можно было немного увеличивать размер шрифта. Иногда на телевизоре трудно прочесть описания даров. В остальном - всё очень классно!
  28. Aug 24, 2021
    Impresionante juegazo. Un must have. Jugabilidad inmejorable. Historia única y emotiva. Banda sonora sublime. Todos los elementos del juego son de 10
  29. Aug 27, 2021
    Hades bardzo dobry tytuł. Dynamicznym, wciągający z mega rozgrywka. Świetnie opowiedziana historia. Bawię się świetnie.
  30. Aug 21, 2021
    Esse jogo é viciante mesmo, difícil mas muito bom mesmo. Recomendo muito jogar esse jogo
  31. Aug 19, 2021
    The game is good fun and challenging ,the combat love it. All the gods you fight will make you rage lol.
  32. Aug 17, 2021
    Something Hades has over every other Rogue-like game I've played is that you actually get some kind of reward for dying. Typically, it's a slog to go through each of the levels and dying only makes things more frustrating depending on the balance of the power-ups you receive throughout play through. In Hades when I die I get to look at the beautiful artwork of the characters as theySomething Hades has over every other Rogue-like game I've played is that you actually get some kind of reward for dying. Typically, it's a slog to go through each of the levels and dying only makes things more frustrating depending on the balance of the power-ups you receive throughout play through. In Hades when I die I get to look at the beautiful artwork of the characters as they interact with each other and with Zagreus. I still get to progress in some way regardless of how well I did in the run.

To combat frustration from repetition, they've included a "god mode" that gives you more health and defense after each death to help you get through everything there is to get through in the game.

Combat is well fleshed out, the weapon options are varying enough that each run with a different weapon can alter how I strategize what path to take.

Music and voice acting is amazing as is typical of Supergiant Games.

It's absolutely the best rogue-like out there, making every other one I used to enjoy seem bland and boring.

If you like rogue-likes, then great. Get this game, and if you don't.. well.. Get this game. It's the best rogue-likes have to offer.
  33. Sep 5, 2021
    Das spiel macht einfach unglaublich spaß. Es ist mein erstes Rogue like game und ich war skeptisch aber verdammt, gestern gekauft und direkt 12 Stunden versenkt
  34. Aug 20, 2021
    Thus, the revamped version of "Hades" on the PlayStation 5 is really fun to play. Of course, it depends on the fact that you also like games like this. The storyline is interesting and the many familiar characters from Greek mythology are always entertaining. The controls and graphics are much better and are a lot of fun from the first second. In addition, the English speakers and the goodThus, the revamped version of "Hades" on the PlayStation 5 is really fun to play. Of course, it depends on the fact that you also like games like this. The storyline is interesting and the many familiar characters from Greek mythology are always entertaining. The controls and graphics are much better and are a lot of fun from the first second. In addition, the English speakers and the good German subtitles can entertain you well and the soundtrack also sounds good. Those who would like to experience a really successful game of this genre should also pick up the new version of the game. Expand
  35. Aug 16, 2021
    A wonderful game. After playing 21 times, I have not reached escaped yet. But in those 21 times, I had a different experience in terms of weapon builds, enemies, the path to bosses, etc. Of the 5 weapons that I have unlocked, I will not say that I have a favorite. Every weapon has its own advantages and disadvantages. But for each disadvantage, you could make a build to reduce that. ThisA wonderful game. After playing 21 times, I have not reached escaped yet. But in those 21 times, I had a different experience in terms of weapon builds, enemies, the path to bosses, etc. Of the 5 weapons that I have unlocked, I will not say that I have a favorite. Every weapon has its own advantages and disadvantages. But for each disadvantage, you could make a build to reduce that. This created a great balance in the game. Having a lot of things happening on the screen, there were no framerate drops ever. I sometimes wondered how well the developers have worked on it. It's smooth, very balanced, and always challenging which allows me to play many times.
    I would have given a 10, if not for the crash that happened that one time while playing.
    All in all it's a very good game.
  36. Aug 21, 2021
    This game is awesome. The OST is awesome. The characters are awesome. I do recommend Scape 10 times for the lore.
  37. Aug 21, 2021
    I masterpiece, take it from someone who hates repetitive games, this one made it more than just fun, if you are into an hack and slash game, this is a must.
    only people who wouldn't like it are probably stuck playing the same MMORPG from 2012 or hate videogames.
  38. Aug 21, 2021
    The Internet was right. This is an absolutely incredible game, the artwork to the story, to just how it feels is amazing. It's 100% worth getting if you're reading this wondering.. Also watch the Noclip documentary of its development!
  39. Aug 22, 2021
    [Spanish] Muy entretenido, muy recomendado. La musica y graficos son hermosos. Jugabilidad muy buena. 100% recomendado.
  40. Aug 22, 2021
    This is an amazing game. The best roguelike game I ever played. The story was okay and combining differenet god powers was fun
  41. Aug 22, 2021
    This game is so fun addicting. Storyline and dialogue is full of lore and not repetitive. Gameplay- You'll never get bored play this over and over again. Every each weapon you use will give you different story line dialogue and lore, not to mention every weapon will give you different play style through it in game mechanics.

Even when you thought you beat the game, this game will give you

Even when you thought you beat the game, this game will give you more!
    This is really a must play!!!
  42. Sep 19, 2021
    This is an awesome game!! I’m a bit knew to this genre, but I’m loving it!!!
  43. Sep 16, 2021
    Un titre du jeu de l’année amplement mérité, même encore en 2021.

Ce jeu a une classe incroyable :

Universal acclaim - based on 30 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 16, 2021
    Hades on PS5 works perfectly. The resolution and textures look bright, colorful, and have very good quality. Sure, this is a version that doesn't take advantage of what the DualSense can offer, however that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed. This game is a must-play, regardless of the platform.
  2. Aug 27, 2021
    Stunning in every aspect. Jaw-dropping design, addictive battle system and freshly clever ideas to retain interest from the reproducibility of the roguelike genre.
  3. Aug 26, 2021
    Hades takes the usually not well-received Roguelike genre to a whole new level by pushing the potential of the genre out of the window, presenting high tempo gameplay with well-balanced difficulty, eye-catching visuals and solid voice acting.