0.6

Overwhelming dislike- based on 516 Ratings

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Aug 18, 2021
    ONCE AGAIN THE GAME IS TRASH, AS EA STILL CONTINUES TO GET AWAY WITH HIGHWAY ROBBERY FOR THE LAST 18 YEARS NOW?!?!? WHAT COMPANY GETS WORSE AT MAKING ANYTHING FOR 18 YEARS….TO BE THIS FAR BEHIND ON ADDING BACK FEATURES FROM 18 YEARS AGO??? A BILLIONAIRE COMPANY MISSING ALMOST 200 FEATURES FROM A DECADE AGO?!?!?……. ITS LIKE IF THE NEXT GRAND THEFT AUTO THAT COMES OUT IS SET IN A CUL DE SACONCE AGAIN THE GAME IS TRASH, AS EA STILL CONTINUES TO GET AWAY WITH HIGHWAY ROBBERY FOR THE LAST 18 YEARS NOW?!?!? WHAT COMPANY GETS WORSE AT MAKING ANYTHING FOR 18 YEARS….TO BE THIS FAR BEHIND ON ADDING BACK FEATURES FROM 18 YEARS AGO??? A BILLIONAIRE COMPANY MISSING ALMOST 200 FEATURES FROM A DECADE AGO?!?!?……. ITS LIKE IF THE NEXT GRAND THEFT AUTO THAT COMES OUT IS SET IN A CUL DE SAC WITH JUST A 2 BLOCK RADIUS….SOMEONE HAS TO STOP THIS!!! EVENTUALLY!!!! SOMONE CALL THE COPS OR SOMETHING PLEASSSSSEEEEEE LOL…..EA WILL CONTINUE TO GET AWAY STILL SINCE SITES LIKE IGN LIE EVERY YEAR ABOUT HOW TRASH THE GAME IS ! HASHTAG #NFLDROPEA AND #MADDEN22 on social media PLEASE lol….I GAVE IT A 1 because AT LEAST they have the NFL uniforms the right color……DONT BUY PLEASE Expand
  2. Aug 18, 2021
    burned for the last time!!! game has more glitches than last year. the animations and pre determined outcomes are even worse. i have bought madden yearly since 97. i am giving up. just another roster update and the glitches get worse by the year. franchise trade machine and free agency is still terrible. not sure why they cant figure out things that games made in 2000 could do. the zonesburned for the last time!!! game has more glitches than last year. the animations and pre determined outcomes are even worse. i have bought madden yearly since 97. i am giving up. just another roster update and the glitches get worse by the year. franchise trade machine and free agency is still terrible. not sure why they cant figure out things that games made in 2000 could do. the zones in this game are 100x worse than they ever were before. can score on 4 verticles against any zone coverage Collapse Expand
  3. Aug 18, 2021
    Comparing Madden 22 to 21 shouldn't be the way this game is scored as it's a replication of multiple years of bad development. Just like last year, this game is an absolute joke of a simulation game. Stop comparing this game to last year and compare it to games outside of the sports genre, compare it to 2K5 or even compare it to Madden 05. Look at the amount of features that have beenComparing Madden 22 to 21 shouldn't be the way this game is scored as it's a replication of multiple years of bad development. Just like last year, this game is an absolute joke of a simulation game. Stop comparing this game to last year and compare it to games outside of the sports genre, compare it to 2K5 or even compare it to Madden 05. Look at the amount of features that have been removed, brought back in a recycled fashion like it's something completely new/fresh. Look at the release of this game this year alone.. the bugs in Face of the Franchise, the bugs with the EA Play hours disappearing, the issues with defensive coverage or player movement, consumers of the game getting banned because they ranked up to fast or exploited a training glitch bug in Madden that is completely on EA themselves!

How do people get excited about Madden's most popular mode, Ultimate Team, when the only differences are visual? How do you get excited about an 87 Tyreek Hill card that was just 99 OVR a month ago? Do the "new" solo challenges feel fresh or do you enjoy playing buggy head-to-head games over and over and over?! Do you enjoy the other team disappearing from the screen or kicking an inactive ball around because neither team can pick it up? Then this is the game for you!

People who believe this is a good game never played a good game. The standards we hold EA to as a football community are embarrassing when you see all of the refunds being offered for games like CyberPunk and Fallout 76. This game isn't good ... its a recycled version of Madden 19 (if not earlier). If last years game was the worst rated game of all time, what is stopping this game from replicating it in the grand scheme of things?!
  4. Aug 18, 2021
    gameplay is ehh, graphic look good.. Franchise Mode is solid.. defense gameplay is worst.. offense gameplay is good.. ai cpu something can't react to ball when ball is in air
  5. Aug 18, 2021
    Another year another trash game! So sick that madden has come to this, bring back 2k!!!
  6. Aug 19, 2021
    The worst gaming company on the planet for a reason. the same copied and pasted game from 5-6 years ago. same bugs, same glitches, and now this garbage with PS5 and Xbox S players getting the full game while the rest of us get the very same game. and how reviewers are actually giving this trash good scores baffles me. EA need to be sued out of existence and another company needs to takeThe worst gaming company on the planet for a reason. the same copied and pasted game from 5-6 years ago. same bugs, same glitches, and now this garbage with PS5 and Xbox S players getting the full game while the rest of us get the very same game. and how reviewers are actually giving this trash good scores baffles me. EA need to be sued out of existence and another company needs to take over the NFL license. Expand
  7. Aug 18, 2021
    This game is f*cking awful.. Receiver catching is broken as hell, receivers will drop wide open passes that hit their hands. QBs still can’t effectively pass lead the ball. Defensive pursuit and tackling is atrocious, I’m seeing the same animations as last year where ball carriers will literally run up within an inch of a defender and somehow run right by them while the defender justThis game is f*cking awful.. Receiver catching is broken as hell, receivers will drop wide open passes that hit their hands. QBs still can’t effectively pass lead the ball. Defensive pursuit and tackling is atrocious, I’m seeing the same animations as last year where ball carriers will literally run up within an inch of a defender and somehow run right by them while the defender just stands there. Defenders still shed blocks in a milli second. Zones are broken and do not cover the field properly. 90% of interceptions are pic 6s… please people.. get your head out of your a$$ and rate this game honestly so we can start holding this company that is literally scamming us every year accountable. We should all want a better game. Expand
  8. Aug 18, 2021
    Can I rate this in the negatives? The game isn't really about football at all. Soon as you start, EA starts advertising Ultimate Team with pop ups that say things like "Get your FREE Tom Brady". If you accept the offer they start you off making sure that you can't possibly lose vs the cpu and before you know it you're building a team. From there you become addicted to spending money as youCan I rate this in the negatives? The game isn't really about football at all. Soon as you start, EA starts advertising Ultimate Team with pop ups that say things like "Get your FREE Tom Brady". If you accept the offer they start you off making sure that you can't possibly lose vs the cpu and before you know it you're building a team. From there you become addicted to spending money as you try to get better players so you can finally start to dominate online.
    While the RyanMoody21 and SoftDrinkTv YouTube channels exposes just how fake fixed & garbage this game is. Allow me to explain further on this monopoly.

The game is designed to keep you online as much as possible to increase the odds that you will spend money. Its best exploit is by not matching you up against players of your skill level or simply anyone, but they make sure that you play who they want you to play AND when you play, EA will help the team that they want to win. Why? I've never heard anyone explain this yet, but if EA can keep everyone's record close to even, everyone will think that spending money to attempt to get just another player or 2 that they will be able to dominate and tip the scales on their winning percentage. It never works that way though. You still win the same amount. Your new player will perform like a true champion but other players will be slacking. The new players play hard for a month when released and then EA slows them down which makes you want to upgrade again and then you find yourself paying EA again.
    There's a number of different types of crypto currencies in the game except this is not able to be cashed in ever. It just serves to get you to again reach for your wallet.

All of the different game modes that were a part of Madden and the fun things you could do before Ultimate Team took off are gone. You can play without Ultimate Team but Ultimate Team is EAs ONLY focus with the game.

EA puts out a pre-order edition every year but it's never based around Madden but particularly the ultimate team mode. Every load screen is another attempt to try luring you to ultimate team mode. Right now, you can win but this is the early access period. In just a few days, as sure as always, EA will change up the online matchmaking. At that point, go check all your friends records. You can do this all the way back to Madden 15 and what you will see is that everyone wins 45 to 63% of their games.
    Save your money. The game will be free in no time. Actually EA is already giving the game away for free. Here's how: go on Twitter and type in #MaddenNFL22 or #Madden22. You'll find endless people saying that they are giving away codes to download the game for free. Those codes are coming straight from EA because only they can produce them. This is yearly. They don't care about selling the game. They want you in ultimate team so they can make tons more from you via microtransactions. While plenty of people claim to not spend on their team, this strategy is calling them liars.
  9. Aug 18, 2021
    This is more of the usual. I'm too tired from receiving the exact same game with horrendous bugs and worse football mechanics to write the same review so ill keep it short. This game, much like every madden game after 2007 but especially since 2012 has less features, the same horrible animations and everything else wrong with madden. its all here. This series is officially in full "nflThis is more of the usual. I'm too tired from receiving the exact same game with horrendous bugs and worse football mechanics to write the same review so ill keep it short. This game, much like every madden game after 2007 but especially since 2012 has less features, the same horrible animations and everything else wrong with madden. its all here. This series is officially in full "nfl license monopoly" mode. Expand
  10. Aug 18, 2021
    I’m just guessing EA doesn’t care. Other than some small updates to Franchise mode, this game has not changed at all. Same horrible face of the franchise and same terrible “pay to win” Ultimate Team which they made harder to earn points without paying for them. The gameplay is copy and paste. Same broadcast team with no new lines. The halftime show is a absolute joke. It’s amazing how farI’m just guessing EA doesn’t care. Other than some small updates to Franchise mode, this game has not changed at all. Same horrible face of the franchise and same terrible “pay to win” Ultimate Team which they made harder to earn points without paying for them. The gameplay is copy and paste. Same broadcast team with no new lines. The halftime show is a absolute joke. It’s amazing how far behind this game still is to NFL 2k5.. Not to mention cover 2 defense is completely broken.. so many issues with EA not caring one bit. So disappointing. Expand
  11. Aug 18, 2021
    It's the same game. Very buggy and animation based gameplay, the entire game is focused on Ultimate Team because that's how they make their money. Franchise is better but still very barebones. It's a step up from last year but as much as Madden 20 to Madden 21 was, it's the same game, new rosters and slightly better graphics, franchise mode and UI. If you're wondering if the game is worthIt's the same game. Very buggy and animation based gameplay, the entire game is focused on Ultimate Team because that's how they make their money. Franchise is better but still very barebones. It's a step up from last year but as much as Madden 20 to Madden 21 was, it's the same game, new rosters and slightly better graphics, franchise mode and UI. If you're wondering if the game is worth it, it's not. 70 dollars for the same thing isn't worth it and if I were you I would just hold on to whatever game you have currently. Expand
  12. Aug 18, 2021
    I never leave reviews for games but this game needed one. By far the worst game I have ever played. Every year this company seems bring out worse and worse games. Slow movement and change of direction in players, players don’t catch balls, players don’t play right zones, bad servers, etc. I could go on and on but I think u guys get it. Don’t buy this game!!! Shame on EA and could be lastI never leave reviews for games but this game needed one. By far the worst game I have ever played. Every year this company seems bring out worse and worse games. Slow movement and change of direction in players, players don’t catch balls, players don’t play right zones, bad servers, etc. I could go on and on but I think u guys get it. Don’t buy this game!!! Shame on EA and could be last time I ever purchase a madden game Expand
  13. Aug 19, 2021
    I recognize the effort to offer us recycled Ncaa 14 features,to prepare us for the new upcoming return of college football,,but these are cosmetic features for almost a decade ago!Wheres the innovation,ingenuity,the hard work bringing us a totally revamped,and quality football gameplay experience we’ve been beefing for 10 years?The last the Football fans need is Ncaa(madden 2.0)!I thoughtI recognize the effort to offer us recycled Ncaa 14 features,to prepare us for the new upcoming return of college football,,but these are cosmetic features for almost a decade ago!Wheres the innovation,ingenuity,the hard work bringing us a totally revamped,and quality football gameplay experience we’ve been beefing for 10 years?The last the Football fans need is Ncaa(madden 2.0)!I thought for sure this would be something new,fresh,and finally sufficient upgrade/step forward,but it’s not. I have this game on PS4 and ps5,and I must say that I’m thoroughly disappointed!Let me say that adding back a revamped recycled coaching system from ncaa14(scouting will be the same),roster updates and the graphics,and momentum are all welcomed additions,but they’re all cosmetics,because the gameplay sucks!

It’s unacceptable that games
    Like madden 2005,nfl 2k5 can produce football games and A.I.,that Play,and react appropriately(functioning to the degree that represents true football and the quality expected from the NFL Brand!Ea just released a half baked game,with recycled features from madden 08-12,and instead of breaking a broken game down and bringing us a complete and revamped football experience;Ea gave us the same game port,tweaked with completely busted defense,defensive Ai,the same ability for individual players to scan and make ridiculous int’s,many warped animations still,,defenders pass rushing through the gaps stopping at line of scrimmage,man coverage shot,zone shot, players responding to all of the wrong things on defense (or not at all),the ability to have to sit back and wait a month or two to be able to start and enjoy franchise,because scouting wasn’t ready and needs to be patched in at an unknown date!
    I mean the game doesn’t allow for any real football,the players simply don’t respond on defense,stop and glitch off animations and whatever mechanics built in,that won’t allow them do functions and intelligently respond effectively,so it’s an offerensige free for all!Physics are still suspect and need to be trashed,replaced for a totally new system(without the animations):perhaps a revamped game breaker physics system?!?!
    It’s utterly breathtaking that anyone that has internet service can go back and watch videos from madden 05 or nfl 2k5 and realize that defenses actually played,functioned,responded and reacted appropriately to their abilities etc,and the A.I.and gameplay back then were light years ahead of where we are currently with madden(being updated 1000 times yearly,and never getting a proper,fully functional game by the time the next years roster update!2021,Cant match gameplay of 2004?WTF!
    It’s totally unacceptable,and indicative of Ea not caring about it’s hardcore fans or producing a quality football game,now that’s it’s gotten a monopoly on the nfl license!Now all EA does is sell us the same game,features and updates yearly that could be patched,and are recycled!Ea has decided since they’ve amassed soo many kids and casuals,plus understanding that many people are still buying their game,because if not,they have no football;They don’t have to give any real effort,they don’t have to produce quality,and they’re still getting paid!They have madden tourneys with punters at QBs,willing major bucks,and micro transactions through the roof!
    F
    How do you charge these prices yearly,and deliver the same BS gameplay and lies!?it’s breathtaking!
    I hate that EA has Been allowed to have monopoly on the NFL license:Its the worse thing that’s happened to sports gaming(particularly football)!!!
    Next gen ps5 football Cant match the gameplay,AI/intellect,and functionality of games almost 2 decades ago!
    It’s shameful and criminal,and the sad thing is,they have the rights to NCAa football!!Smdh!I skipped madden 2 years,but I wanted to give it a chance,but it’s worse than the games I played at my girls brother’s house!Far worse!
  14. Aug 22, 2021
    This game is terrible just like every Madden since 2013. Whoever buys this garbage is a fool.
  15. Aug 19, 2021
    A billion dollar company that relies on animations too much. Very buggy, not in-depth at all for franchise mode. Same relocation teams for the past 7 years. I wish I could get a refund for this game.
  16. Aug 19, 2021
    Being better than a bad game doesn't make a game good. Depth sucks. Animations based gameplay sucks more than depth. "Expect more control when it comes to catching like indipendent players battle when the ball is in the air". EA you pathetic. I don't know how you can have the courage to advertise stuff like that. You probably like to ridicule yourself.
    Everything about this game is bad.
    Everything about this game is bad. This is not even football, arcade game style would be than this because here all depends on animations... This is just terrible, all gameplay is scripted and nothing is near to real football.
    Among all the **** they told us there was also the "management of the fatigue of the players during the season": the only fatigue that is impacted is the energy of the player who carries the ball. So if you run without the ball, you don't get tired!? Truly!? This has to be a joke.
    The worst game among all sports video games, again.
  17. Aug 19, 2021
    It’s the same game as last year, the biggest improvement they’ve “added” to franchise isn’t even in the game yet. I offered my brother $1k to play in a franchise with me and his friends. He played one game, said it was awful and declined. By the time this company makes a good game who knows if we’ll even be into sports games anymore. Thanks EA for wasting our time and putting in minimalIt’s the same game as last year, the biggest improvement they’ve “added” to franchise isn’t even in the game yet. I offered my brother $1k to play in a franchise with me and his friends. He played one game, said it was awful and declined. By the time this company makes a good game who knows if we’ll even be into sports games anymore. Thanks EA for wasting our time and putting in minimal amounts of effort for the past 10+ years. Expand
  18. Aug 19, 2021
    It’s just the same mess as last year. If madden wants to be a good game again it needs physics based gameplay.
  19. Aug 18, 2021
    This is NOT what a real simulation football game is supposed to play like. I can't say anything positive about Madden 22. The NFL really needs to give this title to another company. EA has had plenty of chances to create a great football game. This is a next-gen game and it plays, looks, and feels like a game from the PS2 era. Worst game of the year. EA, learn how to make a video gameThis is NOT what a real simulation football game is supposed to play like. I can't say anything positive about Madden 22. The NFL really needs to give this title to another company. EA has had plenty of chances to create a great football game. This is a next-gen game and it plays, looks, and feels like a game from the PS2 era. Worst game of the year. EA, learn how to make a video game before asking $70 from us for this garbage. Expand
  20. Aug 18, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It’s trash, we can’t even get the depth of nfl 2k5 or nhl 15 (Legacy edition) Expand
  21. Aug 19, 2021
    SSDD!! They added features that should have already been in the game. Still the same horrible game as last year. Glitches in game where players morph into each other. Game play is trash. Players still do NOT play how they should. Franchise mode is still a joke. This game needs a massive overhaul
  22. Aug 18, 2021
    This has to be the worse game of all time. It’s time madden stops taking our money for a new roster each year. That’s really all we buy it for because we always expect the same trash of a game with pay to win MUT mode. Franchise mode is terrible as always. The game is broken. No skill or football knowledge needed whatsoever. TRASH. Save your money and DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
  23. Aug 19, 2021
    Absolutely broken game with glitches on the level of Cyberpunk 2077, you win a game and back out to the menu and then it says you lost. Pass defense is broken, pass rush is broken. This game is a joke and does not resemble football in any way shape or form. It's not football, it's Madden, and it's revolting that this is the only major "football game"
  24. Aug 19, 2021
    EA is a trash company. Madden is a trash game that has lived off MUT and predatory money making ways. They treat their consumers like a red headed stepchild and sheep still go out of their way to defend the game despite the obvious copy/paste and massive amount of bugs and glitches. If it wasn't for the NFL license this franchise would be dead.
  25. Aug 19, 2021
    I am not influenced by ANYONE first, but this is the SAME GAME!!! They added things that are purely cosmetic to make people think they actually overhauled this game SMH...Can the NFL PLEASE open the sim license up PLEASE! I cant trust EA, definitely cant trust the folks on the Madden team...they do not care or they're lazy or they're incompetent, or maybe all three. Start from scratch,I am not influenced by ANYONE first, but this is the SAME GAME!!! They added things that are purely cosmetic to make people think they actually overhauled this game SMH...Can the NFL PLEASE open the sim license up PLEASE! I cant trust EA, definitely cant trust the folks on the Madden team...they do not care or they're lazy or they're incompetent, or maybe all three. Start from scratch, new game engine, I mean, start over. We need 2K asap! Expand
  26. Aug 20, 2021
    #@EADropMadden i bought this game for a friend and ask for a refund. Im not buying it until there contract is out of we all vote them out
  27. Aug 23, 2021
    I'll admit that EA fooled me....again. I really listened to their message that they were rebuilding franchise mode and making the experience more playable. The truth is that 98% of this game is exactly the same as Madden 21. They added home-field advantage and added (useless & unlicensed) assistant coaches, but there are no changes to the core game-play and have done absolutely nothingI'll admit that EA fooled me....again. I really listened to their message that they were rebuilding franchise mode and making the experience more playable. The truth is that 98% of this game is exactly the same as Madden 21. They added home-field advantage and added (useless & unlicensed) assistant coaches, but there are no changes to the core game-play and have done absolutely nothing to make the overall game more engaging.

My biggest complaint is still that PS2 era Madden games had a lot more features and game-play depths, so it is hard for me, and many other long-time Madden fans, to understand why we can't have the same game-play depth as 15 years ago.

My Personal Verdict: If you have a Madden game from the past 3-4 years, then please do not buy this game.
  28. Aug 18, 2021
    I can't play this garbage anymore! The franchise mode is still a huge disappointment! Gameplay is garbage as usual!
  29. Aug 19, 2021
    Terrible glitches. Graphic improvement is only slight. Same robotic animations and unrealistic gameplay moments. This game franchise has been dead for almost 10 years now.
  30. Aug 19, 2021
    As soon as the game no longer has teams conducting practice in full game uniform, I'll give it a higher rating. Details matter
  31. Aug 19, 2021
    It’s just embarrassingly bad with glitches. They spend no time or allot no budget to matching players and coaches likeness to the game. It is just an all around bad game.
  32. Aug 18, 2021
    Simply put, this game is awful. Inexplicable glitches, predetermined outcomes on a play by play basis, and the same dry game modes. Franchise mode received some notable changes, but nothing to move the needle and make me excited to play the mode.
  33. Aug 19, 2021
    Absolute garbage! How does EA keep getting away with this? Perfectly happy playing mlb the show instead.
  34. Aug 19, 2021
    Terrible gameplay, minor added features don’t make up for this failure. Don’t waste time or money
  35. Aug 19, 2021
    For the 10th year in a row, this game was released with a ton of bugs and glitches without improving gameplay. Gameplay is completely rng animation based; so it’s more like a Telltale game where you chose a play, set up pre snap, then click a button and hope for the rng animation to be in your favor. And zones are completely broken. One play touchdowns in bunch constantly. Please stopFor the 10th year in a row, this game was released with a ton of bugs and glitches without improving gameplay. Gameplay is completely rng animation based; so it’s more like a Telltale game where you chose a play, set up pre snap, then click a button and hope for the rng animation to be in your favor. And zones are completely broken. One play touchdowns in bunch constantly. Please stop supporting EA and Madden. Enough is enough. Expand
  36. Aug 19, 2021
    I will say it again this year. This game is identical gameplay wise to Madden 15 and is animation based and with that being said the animations are absolutely horrible. If you cant implement football logic into a FOOTBALL game it isnt simulation... stop buying out the NFL license so you can be lazy as absolute crap and put out this garbage year after year. Its the same copy and paste jobI will say it again this year. This game is identical gameplay wise to Madden 15 and is animation based and with that being said the animations are absolutely horrible. If you cant implement football logic into a FOOTBALL game it isnt simulation... stop buying out the NFL license so you can be lazy as absolute crap and put out this garbage year after year. Its the same copy and paste job and they act like its better. Adding features that maybe took a month while the rest of the time developing was probably just the roster update proves that this game is not worth $70 and is a disgrace to anyone playing on a next gen console. Expand
  37. Aug 18, 2021
    This game is an absolute broken mess. Still missing features that we had years and years ago. Excuse after excuse makes this game an absolute joke. The new 11 on 0 mode shows promise though.
  38. Aug 23, 2021
    The very little I’ve played this game, I liked it. But as someone who plays single player franchise, this game is absolutely unplayable. Win a game 24-23 and when you exit out you lose 23-0 with a 0 in every stat category. All they care about is MUT. EA told us who they are with the FIFA leak saying “Everything leads to ultimate team”. It’s a shame they don’t care about any other modeThe very little I’ve played this game, I liked it. But as someone who plays single player franchise, this game is absolutely unplayable. Win a game 24-23 and when you exit out you lose 23-0 with a 0 in every stat category. All they care about is MUT. EA told us who they are with the FIFA leak saying “Everything leads to ultimate team”. It’s a shame they don’t care about any other mode other than MUT and allow a game destroying glitch to completely ruin a barely passable mode that gets glorified cosmetic upgrades at the most. Screw MUT, and screw EA. It’s too bad I can’t get a refund. Expand
  39. Aug 19, 2021
    Madden 22 is copy and posted every year EA don't put no passion in there games. They have the NFL licenses so they don't care as long as they getting MUT money. EA should just go arcade style and let developers with passion make a NFL game.
  40. Aug 18, 2021
    Face of the franchise is cringe and boring. Same can be said for franchise which the new features can’t save it from being as in-depth as Madden 08 on the PS2. A lot glitches and bugs are dwelling in this game and it’s all because we live in a world where game developers want to half-ass a game and include patches instead of making sure the game is ready at full launch. Presentation isFace of the franchise is cringe and boring. Same can be said for franchise which the new features can’t save it from being as in-depth as Madden 08 on the PS2. A lot glitches and bugs are dwelling in this game and it’s all because we live in a world where game developers want to half-ass a game and include patches instead of making sure the game is ready at full launch. Presentation is still pretty awful and is nowhere near the level as 2K’s for example. Superstar KO is boring as well. All in all this game is a minor improvement of Madden 21. BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE IT A GOOD GAME. Expand
  41. Aug 18, 2021
    Basically same crap as always. It’s sucks because the content on mut is good, but the gameplay is the worst especially on defense players don’t react or have football logic. I always say I won’t buy again and after skipping a year I came back regrettably. I won’t buy madden again until the change the whole gameplay engine. Don’t even bother with this unless you just want to throw yourBasically same crap as always. It’s sucks because the content on mut is good, but the gameplay is the worst especially on defense players don’t react or have football logic. I always say I won’t buy again and after skipping a year I came back regrettably. I won’t buy madden again until the change the whole gameplay engine. Don’t even bother with this unless you just want to throw your money away Expand
  42. Aug 18, 2021
    EA has really out done itself, not only did they promise us a better game and not deliver, they're hyping this game up like it's the best game that's come out this year. This game is broken! The defense can't do what it's programed to do and you have a defense NPC covering phantom players. There are game glitches were the fans of teams that aren't even playing showing up in the stands, theEA has really out done itself, not only did they promise us a better game and not deliver, they're hyping this game up like it's the best game that's come out this year. This game is broken! The defense can't do what it's programed to do and you have a defense NPC covering phantom players. There are game glitches were the fans of teams that aren't even playing showing up in the stands, the game mechanics are broken, the o-line mechanics are still broken, the CPU system can't draft, and franchise mode is still extremely disappointing. Also the fatigue system doesn't work well at all and the game planning is far from where it should be. That being said EA has done some good things, the coaching tree is a nice feature, route running in the game feels smoother and the x-factors are always a nice addition. Is this game better than madden 21? Absolutely, but the problem is that EA set the bar so low on their Madden games. Don't waste you're time and money on this game you'll just be disappointed. This game disappointed more than my dead beat dad. Just play whatever version of Madden you own, do.nload the new roster through the community tab and voilà, you pretty much got madden 22. Expand
  43. Aug 18, 2021
    This game is bad in every conceivable way. Gameplay is god awful and a game of Russian roulette, there’s no depth. No improvements were made from last year and I want to say that’s surprising but it’s ea they haven’t made a decent game in 7 years.
  44. Aug 19, 2021
    Same glitches, same bugs, same animation dependent gameplay. There is absolutely no reason to buy this game. I was picked by the jags at qb in face off the franchise, and they had Lawrence on the team too. I started a game as the jets to play the dolphins, but apparently the dolphins were too busy, so instead the game just loaded the jets vs the jets. Just an absolutely broken product, yet again.
  45. Aug 18, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's full of bugs. It is better than Madden. 21. Does that say a lot? I just wish they would rebuild the game from the ground up Expand
  46. Aug 18, 2021
    They improved franchise mode but it’s still a lot of work to be done defense is trash madden 21 with a roster update face of the franchise is horrible smh bring back competition to the football arena we need it …… NFL this product sucks not a good Representation of NFL football
  47. Aug 18, 2021
    Copy and paste every year, I think the paste they use is dog crap, terrible, I select a play, and pretty much watch what the cpu thinks what the outcome should be
  48. Aug 18, 2021
    This game is outrageous!!!! It the same game every year, when you start in the main menu it lookes the same as last year version and the version after that.. they did improve franchise but it doesn't even work you can make broken trades to get who ever you want you shouldn't be aloud to do that in "simulation football" but yet I can trade for any one easily and there is no challenge iThis game is outrageous!!!! It the same game every year, when you start in the main menu it lookes the same as last year version and the version after that.. they did improve franchise but it doesn't even work you can make broken trades to get who ever you want you shouldn't be aloud to do that in "simulation football" but yet I can trade for any one easily and there is no challenge i found myself enjoying Maddon 08. ( bring back all the stuff you dropped out Ea..) they didn't update superstar ko it the same thing... the story is so cringey and it not even worth the time of doing it, its is so boring and not fun... mut hasn't been updated it the same as last year it also is gambling so if you have any kids and they want this game hide your wallet parents! My advice is don't by this game if you like football by a older game it more fun has way more things to do and there is no gambling i suggest 2k5 or madden 08 you'll have way more fun and save money at the same time who doesn't like saving money? I'm giving this a 1 just because it improve a little bit form madden 21 but saying that doesn't make it anywhere near a good game.. Expand
  49. Aug 18, 2021
    I’ve played madden all my life starting from madden 04 to now its like night and day you go from a good game to a dumpster fire. The shear fact that EA has the audacity to release this buggy, animation riddled mess thats been copied and pasted since the introduction of the frostbite engine and they want $70 for an half ass job thank god for the game pass I would’ve never played it or theI’ve played madden all my life starting from madden 04 to now its like night and day you go from a good game to a dumpster fire. The shear fact that EA has the audacity to release this buggy, animation riddled mess thats been copied and pasted since the introduction of the frostbite engine and they want $70 for an half ass job thank god for the game pass I would’ve never played it or the other madden for that matter and for anyone that thinks about getting this garbage don’t save your money and find a old ps3 or Xbox 360 and get literally any madden before Expand
  50. Aug 18, 2021
    This game is bad. While some features are fixed from last year even more has been removed. Ea keeps trying to hide the broken base game with game modes and features that are also very bad for a company this big.(they don’t even have refs in the field) I wish Ea would just make madden it’s own engine at this point the series needs a whole revamp to try and even stay some what good. It’s sadThis game is bad. While some features are fixed from last year even more has been removed. Ea keeps trying to hide the broken base game with game modes and features that are also very bad for a company this big.(they don’t even have refs in the field) I wish Ea would just make madden it’s own engine at this point the series needs a whole revamp to try and even stay some what good. It’s sad this is the only up to date nfl game we can play. Expand
  51. Aug 18, 2021
    this game feel like Madden 13..looks like madden 13.. horrible animations, horrible programming, horrible logic. very disappointing "Net Gen" effort by EA. as long as they make MUT money, this won't change. I can only hope for us consumers that the exclusive agreement will FINALLY end in 2026 and we can get true competition.
  52. Aug 19, 2021
    No matter how many times the community asks for this broken game to be fixed, EA still can’t make a decent simulation football game. Nobody cares about buying packs fro ultimate team or playing the yard and spending money on gear. Zone coverages are still busted and they still can’t implement physics on next gen consoles. Franchise mode is still trash and yet we’re forced to buy thisNo matter how many times the community asks for this broken game to be fixed, EA still can’t make a decent simulation football game. Nobody cares about buying packs fro ultimate team or playing the yard and spending money on gear. Zone coverages are still busted and they still can’t implement physics on next gen consoles. Franchise mode is still trash and yet we’re forced to buy this garbage because EA owns the NFL rights. This entire development crew should be fired for charging customers $70 for a broken game. Expand
  53. Aug 19, 2021
    This game is absolute trash!! Same predetermined animations, same ol commentators, same everything with more bugs than madden 21!! Idk how it got worse but it definitely did, there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEXT-GEN about this game!! Player movement trash, graphics trash, presentation new(kinda).. but still trash, halftime show trash, superbowl presentation trash, Urban Myers on Face of theThis game is absolute trash!! Same predetermined animations, same ol commentators, same everything with more bugs than madden 21!! Idk how it got worse but it definitely did, there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEXT-GEN about this game!! Player movement trash, graphics trash, presentation new(kinda).. but still trash, halftime show trash, superbowl presentation trash, Urban Myers on Face of the Franchise has no neck, I can go on and on but this "NEXT-GEN" version on PS5 looks no different from the PS4 version.. I deleted this game after 8 hrs of gameplay Expand
  54. Aug 19, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Horrible copy and paste. This is next gen? The AI logic is actually worse than it was in 21, and that’s saying something. Expand
  55. Aug 19, 2021
    Frustrated.
    Safetys in this game are literally damn stupid. If you say that this game is good, we shouldn't even start a conversation about because you simply can't understand football.
    EA, why you continue to do a thing that you are not able to do?!
  56. Aug 19, 2021
    There's one good feature in this game (momentum) and it doesn't even function correctly half the time, zone is literally pointless. The games plagued with a vast amount of bugs. If your trying to decide to buy this game by reading reviews, I can't recommend more that you DO NOT buy this game. For the reviews saying it's better than madden 21. Is the same as saying a polished **** is betterThere's one good feature in this game (momentum) and it doesn't even function correctly half the time, zone is literally pointless. The games plagued with a vast amount of bugs. If your trying to decide to buy this game by reading reviews, I can't recommend more that you DO NOT buy this game. For the reviews saying it's better than madden 21. Is the same as saying a polished **** is better than **** but it's still useless **** Expand
  57. Aug 19, 2021
    almost no new stuff compared to old gen. also WHY is PC not next gen??? besides that glitches, franchise still needs improvements. ultimate team is the biggest cash grab i seen, glitchy af. and. same. garbage. animations. EA is getting in to tiktok especially with the trailer music. CPU players is broken. #defundeasports
  58. Aug 19, 2021
    EA is a leech on this world. They have attached themselves to NFL football and collect cash for doing nothing every year
  59. Aug 19, 2021
    This game is absolute cocky Don’t waste your money Just update the rosters for madden 20
  60. Aug 19, 2021
    This game is actually trash. Same game every year, barely any changes to franchise, defense IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY!!!!
    DO NOT BUY!!!! I cant stress enough how shallow this game is, and how little it has to offer. You will be bored within 3-4 hours of playing trust me. DO NOT BUY!!!!
  61. Aug 19, 2021
    Words can't explain how bad this game is.. there is nothing simulation about this game
  62. Aug 19, 2021
    I have had a lot of Maddens except I won't buy this years' version since it has gotten so bad. I remember 11 years ago when the game had so much more to do in-game and the gameplay was decent. The fact that every year EA gives excuses is mind-boggling. They should be able to bring back every feature that used to be in Madden already but they blame it on the lack of resources. I don'tI have had a lot of Maddens except I won't buy this years' version since it has gotten so bad. I remember 11 years ago when the game had so much more to do in-game and the gameplay was decent. The fact that every year EA gives excuses is mind-boggling. They should be able to bring back every feature that used to be in Madden already but they blame it on the lack of resources. I don't believe that since now EA has the next-gen consoles so that it has more space to add in more features that it took out year after year. I can only hope the new NCAA game won't be like this but I have a bad feeling it will be. Expand
  63. Aug 19, 2021
    I've been playing Madden since it 1st came out and I must say that the moment NFL 2k came in to the picture for $20 I was hooked on the game play and the presentation. Then the contract came in to play so I've had no option to play another football game but Madden. I've purchased Madden every year up until a few years ago, I got it on PSN for free which was worth it. I've been purchasingI've been playing Madden since it 1st came out and I must say that the moment NFL 2k came in to the picture for $20 I was hooked on the game play and the presentation. Then the contract came in to play so I've had no option to play another football game but Madden. I've purchased Madden every year up until a few years ago, I got it on PSN for free which was worth it. I've been purchasing Madden 100+ again this year on PS5 to notice its basically a tiny bit better than 21 which was NOT a sub part effort from EA. I've played MUT, FOF and CFM with that being my Fav and I've purchased the game for $117 to find out its not complete with features till September and most of the new features are from NHL and copied over to Madden. Unacceptable.. Game play is still scripted and at times I feel like I'm just going through the motions and the game will decide if I win or lose. The very first game I played was down 4 points with ball and 3 minutes left. I'm driving down the field and I'm in the zone and get in the the red zone. I audible a hot route to send my TE up the middle of the field as I notice the defense is in cover 2. The pass I throw is perfect, high lob pass to a wide open TE who beats the MLB covering the middle of the field and the SS who was covering my WR2 comes of him and out of no where closes the gap in which bring my TE in to this weird jump animation and tips the ball which was caught by TE in the end zone. Then the unthinkable happens, the MLB catches up to play and begins the tip drill suddenly there are 4 defenders around my once wide open TE and the ball actually hits the grass (I know this because I could only see half the on the ground in replay) and the SS who is in the air immediately reaches down in a cat like quickness to scoop the ball of the ground and you guessed it, it's a interception. I thought okay were good let's challenge the call no doubt they'll see in NY (wait that's not in the game... Yet..) this call will be overturned. It's locked? Oh wait it's under 2 minutes that's right the refs on the field {that are missing) had to see it or the booth will... Nope!! It's their ball the down it 3 times and I lose the game as well as dignity for buying this game and trying to give EA another opportunity to get it right. You got my money now give me a game that plays like real NFL Football. I basically bought the game to continue to play CFM with some friends in a 32 man lg which is fun but we have to wait till September to start so I'm stuck playing MUT which I absolutely hate. The grind is the same as last year just to get a couple decent cards and a few training points but if I spend a couple of $100 I can pull some **** cards which happened in Madden 20 so that was the last time I did that and Madden 21 a spent no money barely grinded and with a bunch of free packs everytime I logged in to MUT once or twice every month by the end of Madden 21 I ended up with a 94 overall team. MUT is the same as last year, I wish there was some incentive for players to not quit in Seasons H2H. I'm tired of playing kids who rage quit in the first quarter when I go up 7 points. Really? Kid if your reading this, your NEVER going to get better at the game if you can't learn to play defense against competitors who are better than you. Learn from your loss and figure out how to get better. Either way my score is a zero because I felt like that was the effort that EA made to come up with a fresh and improved simulation football game. Oh yeah, I also tried Face of the Franchise and playing the college was a waste of time and not a challenge and the story was no different then any other attempt you've made in the past and the Jags ended up with me and Trevor Lawrence as 2 first round picks? Oh well maybe I had an option somewhere to go to a different team of I didn't skip through the bull interactions but my character seemed to know he was going #1 no matter what. As for now my score will be 0 till the game gets patched 20 more times and the fix the game play and add the features that were expected this year and we'll see if it worth the $117 I spent, as of now it's a 0 just like the amount I should of paid for this game. Good luck EA I hope you make us all happy in the end, your community is begging for a better experience. Expand
  64. Aug 19, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Madden hasn’t been/done anything for the football community in over 20 years. It’s been the same lack luster effort since 2006 Xbox 360. This one is the same as last year. It’s time for a change. NFL drop EA. Expand
  65. Aug 19, 2021
    This game is truly a complete disaster. If you’ve played Madden before you know EA doesn’t care whatsoever about gameplay, functionality, stability, cheating, etc. It honestly makes me sick to think how they treat their customers by doing the bare minimum each year (roster update) and never fix anything we’ve been asking for, for YEARS. Do yourself a favor and buy a can of paint to watchThis game is truly a complete disaster. If you’ve played Madden before you know EA doesn’t care whatsoever about gameplay, functionality, stability, cheating, etc. It honestly makes me sick to think how they treat their customers by doing the bare minimum each year (roster update) and never fix anything we’ve been asking for, for YEARS. Do yourself a favor and buy a can of paint to watch dry before buying this garbage game. I can confidently say this is the worst Madden of all time, its unusable, lazy, typically EA sports garbage. Expand
  66. Aug 19, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. #Don’tBuyMaddenUpdate
    EA, you have lost the trust, faith, appreciation, and respect from even your most loyal fans such as myself by your true lack of care, greed, and true effort of attempting to take advantage of your customers since Madden 13 came out. I said enough was enough when Madden 21 came out and ever since I have refused to buy this game because that would mean I would support the very company I have grown to despise so much by buying their product. Leaders in our community such as Ryan Moody have helped people such as myself learn the truth about EA and their exclusive (Monopoly) license with the NFL and if we want a good simulation football game ever again then we must fight back against the evil EA Sports. Join the cause by not buying Madden 22 and together we can help companies such as 2K get bank to doing what they do best. We can win the fight people, just continue to remain strong and determined. In emphasis if you buy Madden you are part of the problem. If you don’t buy Madden you are being a true part of the solution. It’s not hard, and it certainly isn’t complicated. We can win this and I will see to it that we do remove EA from having any contact with the NFL simulation license because they have taken advantage of its customers for far too long. #Do ‘tBuyMaddenUpdate!
  67. Aug 19, 2021
    The game is a very slight upgrade from Madden 21, but that is a substantially low bar. 1. The franchise mode is a slight improvement but still has numerous issues. - The fatigue system is broken. A players fatigue is only affected when they’re are being thrown the ball.
    - The mode runs through 2 interfaces, the new one and the one from last year. You still get glimpses of the coach at his desk while cycling through the menus.
    - The sim engine is broken. Matt Stafford finished the season with more rushing yards then Russell Wilson AND Josh Allen.

2. The zone defenses are TERRIBLE. I played an online game and me and my opponent had about ten 1 play scoring drives. 3. There’s no reason that players that’s been in the league 5 or 6 years plus to NOT have a facescan.

There’s so much more i could put but honestly it’s not even worth it. I was originally going to give the game a 3, but after typing all of this out and realizing that that’s too high of a score. So you get a 2, and that’s being generous.
    Please NFL 2K or College Football, come save us. I’m drowning.
  68. Aug 19, 2021
    Absolutely terrible. EA, one of the biggest video game comapnies should be ashamed of this product. #NFLdropEA #fixmaddenfranchise
  69. Aug 19, 2021
    Another year, same game and same look I love football but apparently the people at EA don't share that same love since they want to release a half baked game like this that at this point isn't even playable I'm giving face of the franchise another chance since the first installment of this mode a few years back but all in all I'm more of a franchise mode player and it just feels nonAnother year, same game and same look I love football but apparently the people at EA don't share that same love since they want to release a half baked game like this that at this point isn't even playable I'm giving face of the franchise another chance since the first installment of this mode a few years back but all in all I'm more of a franchise mode player and it just feels non realistic I will be happy when EA loses the licensing and other companies can give us what we deserve cause this right here ain't it Expand
  70. Aug 19, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER ALERT: it’s The Same Game With Updated Interfaces Pulled From Other Sports Games From Past Years lol Oh and a couple
    Of features from NCAA 14(it’s 2021) lmao I can’t believe they keep putting this game out. The NFL just wants money they don’t care about the game or how it plays lol that’s why they gave EA the license… AGAIN lol Oh and EA will say “so why is everybody buying the game ?” I’ll answer that : it’s the only **** NFL GAME AVAILABLE Dickheads WHAT ELSE ARE WE GONNA BUY lol **** Game Capitalists
  71. Aug 19, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Madden 22 and 21 are the exact same game. Do not buy this game. We asked for better story modes and revamped online challenges, and we got amateur cutscenes that are hard to watch and recycled gameplay from last year. Some things are tweaked but nothing has really changed. And I’m surprised because of how money hungry this makes them look, year after year nothing changes. I probably won’t buy a madden game again for awhile, I’ve lost faith in EA and I LOVE FOOTBALL LIKE BRUH Expand
  72. Aug 19, 2021
    Another year another broken game. When will EA fire the entire Tiburon staff and throw out the legacy code that has been running this franchise into the dirt for the last decade? I preordered and then played the trial and called Sony today and got a refund. EA relinquish the NFL rights so an actual competent developer can make a football sim.
  73. Aug 19, 2021
    Same tired game in a new package. Same broken gameplay, missing features from 10+ years ago. Lazy and tired. EA needs competition to make simulation football games because there's is not simulation. Total cash grab.
  74. Aug 19, 2021
    Offline franchise is broken. Online franchise the game auto subs starters and the only way to bring them back in is to super sim the next play. FOTF is a broken buggy mess. Everything for your avatar now costs money. No more freebies. The GameDay experience is a joke as is the momentum meter. Save your money this game is trash
  75. Aug 20, 2021
    Horrible. The same stale halftime show that we’ve had for years. The same terrible commentary and gameplay we’ve had since Madden 13. I turned the game on and my first game nobody was on the field. These animations are laughable there really is no use for superstar abilities cause they honestly don’t do anything. This game is in horrible condition and these EA workers aren’t doing anythingHorrible. The same stale halftime show that we’ve had for years. The same terrible commentary and gameplay we’ve had since Madden 13. I turned the game on and my first game nobody was on the field. These animations are laughable there really is no use for superstar abilities cause they honestly don’t do anything. This game is in horrible condition and these EA workers aren’t doing anything about it. NFL 2k5 & Madden 2005 both made 16 years ago are better and more replayable than this piece of trash garbage EA Sports & Clint has been putting out for the past decade. It’s pathetic, ridiculous, and sad. I pray for the day the NFL comes to their senses and strips EA of the gaming license. Maybe we will get a good game then or maybe 2k can take over just like they did with basketball. As a football fanatic this is really sad and they give no effort to even fix it at all. Expand
  76. Aug 22, 2021
    Hot garbage. The game is progressively getting worse. So many glitches/bugs. There needs to be a complete overhaul of the studio and everyone in management of this game. They are clearly not competent enough to produce this product and should have the NFL rights to simulation games stripped since they elect not to make one anyway
  77. Aug 23, 2021
    This is awful. This is a joke from a fans of football. They care more about celebrations & spongebob things than the correct working gameplay. Time to 2K NFL games...
  78. Aug 23, 2021
    I've been a sucker for Madden since the beginning. Even though I knew the next year would be the same I would buy it. With the next gen consoles I thought this game would be the best of them all. I was wrong. This is the same Madden from before. Don't get me wrong the graphics are amazing but it's the same ol thing. Even the commentary is the same. Nothing has changed!!! You pay $70 for aI've been a sucker for Madden since the beginning. Even though I knew the next year would be the same I would buy it. With the next gen consoles I thought this game would be the best of them all. I was wrong. This is the same Madden from before. Don't get me wrong the graphics are amazing but it's the same ol thing. Even the commentary is the same. Nothing has changed!!! You pay $70 for a game and all you get is nothing new. Sadly this will be the last Madden I buy until things change. Expand
  79. Aug 24, 2021
    I mean? What is there to say....

I mean? What is there to say....

It's a child gambling loophole game. It literally has a gamemode that is illegal in some countries, based on gambling laws. Still it's 3+ in most areas. If you like this game, it's either your first madden or you are an RNG junkie. I have played the game since Madden NFL 10, it gets worse every year. Ultimate team is a stain on sports gaming. I saw UT from it's birth to the child gambling loophole mode it is today. Ultimate team gutted the rest of the game, as a football simulation game it is a joke. If the game was free to play it would be worth it. Don't buy the game, use EA play or Xbox gamepass. But don't subscribe for this game alone either. It's a child gambling loophole game.
  80. Sep 28, 2021
    I made a account just to write this review. I haven't bought madden since 2017 to give it a chance to feel new and fresh to me and at first it was just that. Madden 22 the more I played the more frustrating it became to the point that the game was no longer fun. The animations especially for blocking is horrible. The passing defense have had me on full tilt. DBs randomly give up routes toI made a account just to write this review. I haven't bought madden since 2017 to give it a chance to feel new and fresh to me and at first it was just that. Madden 22 the more I played the more frustrating it became to the point that the game was no longer fun. The animations especially for blocking is horrible. The passing defense have had me on full tilt. DBs randomly give up routes to blitz, which at first i thought was a bug but i think its actually a mechanic. I want to feel challenge with play calling but their are plays that are just broken, some plays just work no matter what the defense calls and their are defense plays that just don't work because the players do attempt to cover their zones. There are more problems with the game but those have been what killed it for me. The most i will say is i do like the commentary but after a few game, their scripts become out of wack. For example they sometimes talk like the other time is on offense. Not the commenter fault but anyways i don't like bashing games but this deserves to be bashed, Expand
  81. Aug 22, 2021
    Yet another utterly pathetic offering from the cynical **** at EA. Their contempt for their own customers is something to behold. Utter trash as a game. Not as good as NFL 2K5 which was released 17 years ago. EA don’t care. They have a monopoly and it’s all they need.
  82. Aug 22, 2021
    Burned for the last time. After 21 had the free next gen upgrade, i thought it was a pretty solid upgrade considering it was free, but this is straight up another copy paste of last year's with new play art graphics and menu changes. Was really hoping that with the new consoles we were going to see a big leap in terms of graphics but nope, looks exactly the same. Never again until anotherBurned for the last time. After 21 had the free next gen upgrade, i thought it was a pretty solid upgrade considering it was free, but this is straight up another copy paste of last year's with new play art graphics and menu changes. Was really hoping that with the new consoles we were going to see a big leap in terms of graphics but nope, looks exactly the same. Never again until another company is allowed to make a NFL game. Expand
  83. Aug 21, 2021
    The additions to franchise mode do not compensate for the level of utter complacency they continue to feed into this game. Face of the Franchise and MUT modes continue to be a waste of time. Bugs litter the gameplay to a laughable degree of animation hell, and simulation stats/football is nowhere to be found here. Until they rework this entire game from the ground up and treat it withThe additions to franchise mode do not compensate for the level of utter complacency they continue to feed into this game. Face of the Franchise and MUT modes continue to be a waste of time. Bugs litter the gameplay to a laughable degree of animation hell, and simulation stats/football is nowhere to be found here. Until they rework this entire game from the ground up and treat it with care for the first time in over a decade, I'm not coming back to this product. Expand
  84. Aug 20, 2021
    This game is terrible. They need to hire a new staff that understands physics and understands football. Also fire the game changers and testers because they are giving bogus feedbacks. For this game to slip through the cracks and released in the state it's in is totally unacceptable.
  85. Aug 20, 2021
    Imagine if i tell you that game from 2005 (ESPN NFL 2K5) has better physics, ai, representation and depth in both ways: football - franchise, playbook, different weather that affects playing; FUN - CRIB (your FULLY CUSTOMISABLE HIDEOUT : trophy room, film room, playing room, trophy room), playing with a celebrities, funny cheats).

Welp, we live in a clown world frens. EA is a great

Welp, we live in a clown world frens. EA is a great example why MONOPOLY is ALWAYS BAD. They need to go. It is a shame then THE GREATEST GAME on the planete is stuck with these lasy, incompitent trash NPC.
  86. Aug 19, 2021
    Franchise mode is finally good again. The gameplay is pretty much the same as Madden 21 next gen aside from the home field advantages, which I really enjoy. There's a lot more you can do in Superstar KO now. The Yard was pretty much ruined because you can no longer select your players, it gives you randomly selected players and you can't change your created player's height and weight toFranchise mode is finally good again. The gameplay is pretty much the same as Madden 21 next gen aside from the home field advantages, which I really enjoy. There's a lot more you can do in Superstar KO now. The Yard was pretty much ruined because you can no longer select your players, it gives you randomly selected players and you can't change your created player's height and weight to whatever you want anymore, it has pre set height and weights. I don't play Face of the Franchise or MUT so I'm not gonna speak on those modes. Expand
  87. Aug 20, 2021
    This game just keeps getting worse, even on next gen. There's still near 0 player logic. Blockers that give up on blocking, safeties not playing correctly against top tier receivers. This feels like another copy and paste year yet again for Madden. Save your money and wait for 2k to come out with their football game
  88. Aug 24, 2021
    Everything is a glitch in the game the game is garbage I'd rather play madden 02 if I could give this game a -10 I would I want my money back EA!
  89. Aug 22, 2021
    Game is trash, once again EA has not attempted to improve franchise mode, Madden 05 was so deep compared to this game and we are in 2021….
    Madden has been the same game for the last six years another copy and paste. Glitches are frequent and hilarious. Stopped buying this game and vote with your wallets. (I did not purchase the game this year, but have seen enough content through YouTube and Madden is the same)
  90. Aug 22, 2021
    Same crap every year from EA. Gameplay is still broken, barely any features, god awful AI, NFL 2K5 from 16 years ago had so much more to offer.
  91. rp3
    Aug 20, 2021
    Same old broken animation dependent gameplay . If you keep buying and accepting the same trash; ea will keep making it.
  92. Aug 20, 2021
    just played my first game in Franchise mode, won 42-17 but it was counted as a 0-17 loss and my team stats in the game all disappeared,
    FFS EA please stop making NFL video games and focus on NCAA games
  93. Aug 24, 2021
    I watched nfl 2k5 videos today just to remind myself of the good old days. I remember thinking of how amazing these games would be by improving year over year. 16 years absolutely wasted.
  94. Aug 23, 2021
    I could deal with the crappy game play if I didn’t get losses for games I never got to play! Glad I play for free every year!
  95. Aug 22, 2021
    Keep getting robbed by ea. Hopefully 2k gives the people a decent nfl product.
  96. Aug 23, 2021
    Game is beyond trash. No time to make defensive adjustments cuz the offense comes straight out to the line. No defense. Pushing right, left, down on the right analog to put the ball where u want it doesn't work. They can't even get kickoffs right. Shouldn't have to substitute a rb in for a te or fb just to not fumble or not go anywhere. Beyond garbage. Everyone should be fired
  97. Aug 20, 2021
    Game is way to similar to Madden 21 next gen. It’s sad to see games like NBA 2K and MLB the show have such good gameplay and depth and to have the ONLY NFL game be so poor. The gameplay is robotic and there are still way to many animations that break immersion. Madden 22 is nothing more than a cash grab IMO.
  98. Aug 23, 2021
    In the year 2021 you would think everyone would have a half-way decent NFL game to play, but no EA sports and especially the Madden developers have proved once again they do not care nor give a **** at all. This game from what I have seen is a glitchy mess. On top of that you are always promoted things from ultimate team which is the mode that ultimately ruined this franchise. Speaking ofIn the year 2021 you would think everyone would have a half-way decent NFL game to play, but no EA sports and especially the Madden developers have proved once again they do not care nor give a **** at all. This game from what I have seen is a glitchy mess. On top of that you are always promoted things from ultimate team which is the mode that ultimately ruined this franchise. Speaking of franchise, why can't EA afford to fix franchise but can afford to add overrated celebrates such as DJ Khaled? really? On another note, I play PC which naturally sometimes is 'next gen' but get no new features. It really is if we do not matter anyhow right? That is okay though, I will go **** myself EA. I am ashamed that Madden has even gotten this bad over the years. If I could rate this any lower I would. Ashamed in everyway possible. Expand
  99. Aug 24, 2021
    Its virtually no different than all the previous maddens. This game seriously needs a massive overhaul. Completely revamp this ugly-ass menu, all the user interfaces for the franchise, ultimate team, the yard. Gameplay needs improvement like always. We need more depth, all around. The trial was more than enough to realize this game is terrible again. Just a roster update
  100. Aug 23, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Trash ass game, can’t even get through a whole game without it crashing. EA sports isn’t even trying. Assets don’t load in. I’m franchise mode you can see the madden 21 dashboard running in the background. Just got done playing and winning the super bowl yo get back to the menu to say I lost 14-0. This game sucks. EA SUCKS, and y’all should give up your license to make football games. **** MUT **** the yard. Just give us a football game that works and doesn’t glitch every 17 seconds Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 25 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 22, 2021
    Let’s be realistic. For an annual sports franchise, it’s not necessarily practical to expect huge evolution year on year. It’s also fair to say that at a minimum, players should expect EA to deliver incremental quality of life improvements and make an effort to hone their overall experience of the game for the better. Whilst there is only so far the needle can be pushed year on year, the launch of a new Madden on next-gen systems presented EA with an opportunity to really raise the bar. That’s why it’s particularly disappointing that Madden 22 only offers stagnant content and, sadly, creative disinterest.
  2. Sep 17, 2021
    Madden is as compelling as it ever was, but it can’t escape the slight feeling that things are spread a little too thin. Improvements to franchise mode are welcome and help the experience, but they are smaller than perhaps they deserve. With so many different ways to play football, it’s a little difficult to get in invested in any one game.
  3. Sep 9, 2021
    Improvements and additions are scarce with Madden 22, it all makes it for an average game unworthy of next gen consoles.