8.1

1. Feb 6, 2015
    Duke Nukem's best adventure is back once again. This time with some touched up visuals, restored multiplayer, and the hard to come by expansions. It's by far the definitive version of the game.

The main campaign is still a real treat. Old school difficulty, awesome weapons, and an over-the-top sense of humor make for a very fun experience. The expansions only add to this by adding humorous twists and new challenges. Each of their unique themes helps set them apart from the main content. The additions they bring as well as just their inclusion in this package are both well appreciated.

The multiplayer doesn't fare as well unfortunately. Lag kills the experience both competitively and co-operatively. The trophies associated with this mode have issues. Its not game ruining, especially not for the Vita, but it is still a big issue and a disappointment. Work needs to be done on it. The community has already suffered because of it.

Yet where Duke's game has always shined was in the single-player experience and that carries over well despite a few odd and very minor glitches in the add-ons. If you're looking to relive this excellent game, wanting to play the expansions for the first time, or just want to see what all of the fuss is about this is the best way to do so. The game has aged extremely well and feels right at home on the Vita.
  2. Feb 5, 2015
    Groooovyyyy! The only thing that's missing is a local multiplayer, especially since it's a crossbuy /crossplay between ps3/psVita it's a pity you can't use that to your advantage and play locally with your friends unless you reformat your devices to other psn accounts and go online which is pretty annoying, not to mention lag in online matches. Local deatchmatch was always the best thingGroooovyyyy! The only thing that's missing is a local multiplayer, especially since it's a crossbuy /crossplay between ps3/psVita it's a pity you can't use that to your advantage and play locally with your friends unless you reformat your devices to other psn accounts and go online which is pretty annoying, not to mention lag in online matches. Local deatchmatch was always the best thing Duke had to offer, so I'm disappointed it's not included here. Other than that it's perfect, one of the best FPS of all time and conversion to Vita is super smooth, including surprisingly well working controls. I love the shotgun in this game, that sound, hmmm. Hail to the king, baby! 9/10 Expand
  3. Feb 11, 2015
    Nope. I'm not saying the game is bad, because I do like the old style shooters such as doom, Strife, and some others. But this PORT to the vita is complete garbage. Nothing to wrong with it, except controllers are terrible. The sound design, game flow, 'story' are all the classic **** you expect from it, but with horrible controls on the vita. The duel joysticks are not at all good for aNope. I'm not saying the game is bad, because I do like the old style shooters such as doom, Strife, and some others. But this PORT to the vita is complete garbage. Nothing to wrong with it, except controllers are terrible. The sound design, game flow, 'story' are all the classic **** you expect from it, but with horrible controls on the vita. The duel joysticks are not at all good for a very ice like movement and lose aiming. Get it on the pc or ps3, much more fun to be had there. Expand
  4. Jan 13, 2015
    This is a dream port that has everything you could want and more. After you die you get the option to start again at any time within the last few minutes. Lots of content here with all the expansions. I realized the game had aged because episodes where I didn't have any nostalgia for weren't as much fun. Still fun to find all the secrets that I forgot the locations for after all theseThis is a dream port that has everything you could want and more. After you die you get the option to start again at any time within the last few minutes. Lots of content here with all the expansions. I realized the game had aged because episodes where I didn't have any nostalgia for weren't as much fun. Still fun to find all the secrets that I forgot the locations for after all these years. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody that did play this in the 90's tho. Expand
  5. Jan 16, 2015
    I was kind of excited that this a free plus game this month, it is certainly worth the free download. It took me a few minutes to get used to old school game rules (no checkpoints, having t manually save and no regenerating health) but once I got back into old habits it was fun. I'm not sure how this will appeal to younger gamers who aren't enjoying the nostalgia but anyone who has playedI was kind of excited that this a free plus game this month, it is certainly worth the free download. It took me a few minutes to get used to old school game rules (no checkpoints, having t manually save and no regenerating health) but once I got back into old habits it was fun. I'm not sure how this will appeal to younger gamers who aren't enjoying the nostalgia but anyone who has played it before will enjoy it. It comes with the entire game plus what looks like DLC I didn't even know existed. There is a lot of content to enjoy so I recommend it highly. It also includes multiplayer. The only downside is the fact that the environments don't look great when you look up and around ( it was designed before twin sticks allowed you to look up and down) but I would recommend this as a full featured good time on the Vita. Expand
  6. Jan 13, 2015
    To start off, I must say I never played Duke Nukem before, so this is my first time with the series and the first opinion I got is really nice. The game has lots of good ideas, the controllers are good, there is some humour in the game and with this game you can get a taste of last century games. I love to play this retro games like Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid and OddWorld in the newTo start off, I must say I never played Duke Nukem before, so this is my first time with the series and the first opinion I got is really nice. The game has lots of good ideas, the controllers are good, there is some humour in the game and with this game you can get a taste of last century games. I love to play this retro games like Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid and OddWorld in the new consoles because when this games were released, I was really young or not even born. I like shooter game and I'm loving to play this once (and still) great game.

Probably not everyone will find this game fun and appealing because of the simple graphics and being a really old game, but if you played the game in the days and had fun with it, this is a good way to re-live the experience and if you are a young shooter enthusiast and have a Ps+ subscription, I recommend you give it a try!
  7. Jan 18, 2015
    Its amazing I'm playing a 1991 PC game on my Vita. Why would they go to the effort, because it can be really good fun! Its hard to know how a younger gamer would view this game but I was just old enough to wish we could afford a PC when we played this out of hours at school in the IT lab. It was huge then and it holds up in a special way now. What it does right is run and gun, bigIts amazing I'm playing a 1991 PC game on my Vita. Why would they go to the effort, because it can be really good fun! Its hard to know how a younger gamer would view this game but I was just old enough to wish we could afford a PC when we played this out of hours at school in the IT lab. It was huge then and it holds up in a special way now. What it does right is run and gun, big levels with lots of secrets and some early 'leveloution' (really it does!), the Vita plugs away at making it fun to play, decent controls but you do need the generous helping of aim assist. Its an old game though so expect limited death animations, no real environmental effects (just textured hallways) and weak AI... but I say this having had a a great time using my jetpack to reach certain places or freezing those alien scumbags who are trying to take our chicks! And heck its free, give it a go, you get tons of content and the restart option is brilliant. Keep up the ports I say, imagine the original COD or MOH on Vita... I can dream! thanks Devolver for a job well done. Expand
  8. Jan 18, 2015
    First of all, I did play the original game on the PS1, so I did already know this game.

The game has not aged well, but it's still a fun experience. For those that don't know it, it's a first person shooter with lots of hidden secrets to discover, enjoyable damage to enemies and minor obscenities. The version they have made for the Vita is very well executed. Controls are far better

The version they have made for the Vita is very well executed. Controls are far better and more accurate than the original Playstation version and the saving system (where you can rewind in time when you die) is fantastic.

It's nice they have also added the multiplayer, but that's not the best part of the package, this game really shines in single player.
  9. Jan 13, 2015
    This game is, Shoot and fun, the game didn't had a great story but is a great game and one of the best FPS of all time, This Game is a truly FPS. its time to kick ass and chew bubble gum.
  10. Feb 9, 2015
    I never played any of his games but I got this thinking I can find what heard so many say it was good. Lets get the straight. Duke is one of the most boring character ever made. But I had a good time. I have problems like any other person that played it. If you just want a game to play while on the road. This is good for that. But to sit there and play it is torture
  11. Sep 9, 2016

12. Dec 26, 2020
    Вот только в таком виде и надо знакомится с игровой классикой. Играется плавно, странное управление.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 14 Critic Reviews

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Mar 7, 2015
    It feels strangely well-suited to PS Vita. [March 2015, p.93]
  2. Feb 5, 2015
    Duke Nukem 3D - Megaton Edition takes us back twenty years ago to savor one of the best first person shooter ever. Fun and exaggerated, the game has aged well and, though on PS Vita controls are not the best, you must laugh and have fun with the Duke at least once in your life.
  3. Jan 28, 2015
    Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition won’t convince those who don’t love the genre, and it doesn’t bring new features to compete with modern titles either. However, being in a portable device left us with a good impression. The action, irreverence and difficulty that left a mark in the history of video games goes well with the PlayStation Vita.