• Publisher: SCEA
8.3

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Sep 23, 2013
    Lovely graphics, memorable characters, intriguing level designs, laugh out loud humor, and the fact it is all portable.

Simply put, if you own a PSP, you SHOULD have Daxter
  2. Sheppard
    Feb 21, 2009
    Daxter is the best game Ive played for the PSP.Not only are the graphics good but the gameplay is too. The controls are great and are real easy to get into. And it only cost 5 bucks! I just wished the storyline was a little better but its still a great game
  3. Apr 11, 2012
    I couldn't get into this game. For me it is kind of flat.
  4. Nov 28, 2015
    Замечательная игра с очень неплохим сюжетом и, немаловажно, геймплеем. Отвечает на вопрос о том, как Декстер спас Джека между первой и второй "большими" играми.
  5. Sis
    Oct 24, 2013
    Fun and addicting. This game is has among the highest replay values I've ever seen. You never grow tired ow this game. If you're on the go, you need to own a PsP with Daxter. It's not a choice, it's an obligation.
  6. DavyG
    Jun 19, 2007
    I sold this game for less than 9 Dollars. The graphics are good enough, no better than the very first PSP releases. It has nothing on Ratchet and Clank; you really feel like you are nothing more than a furry side-kick, squishing bugs and achieving nothing. That being said the bosses were great fun... All two of them. The extra dream levels were also entertaining, all 5 minutes worth. The I sold this game for less than 9 Dollars. The graphics are good enough, no better than the very first PSP releases. It has nothing on Ratchet and Clank; you really feel like you are nothing more than a furry side-kick, squishing bugs and achieving nothing. That being said the bosses were great fun... All two of them. The extra dream levels were also entertaining, all 5 minutes worth. The remainder of the title leaves a soulless, claustrophobic, dungeon crawler of a game with a slap of okay humour. I used the money to buy a screen protecter. A much better investment for when a real platformers hit the PSP. Expand
  7. Jul 14, 2020
    Daxter a spinoff not made by Naughty Dog is pretty amazing. Daxter still got the moves and the groove to attract pretty women or captivate those that want to help him on rescuing his best friend while being captive by Haven City militia before the events of Jak 2.
  8. Aug 2, 2020
    I played nearly all of the Jak and Daxter games and i really love them, same goes with Daxter for PSP! Its an (as usual for a Jak and Daxter game) really funny game with cool characters and an unique art style that stays in mind. Its a nice addition to the Jak and Daxter series and in my opinion a must have for everyone who has a PSP!
  9. Feb 22, 2021
    A great childhood game, I still remember how I killed bugs and flew in the final on a plane. For me, the final as a child was difficult. It's good. In general, playing music and the environment leaves warm feelings and memories, returning to feel a pleasant taste of nostalgia.
  10. Apr 25, 2021
    First I was a bit sceptic but the game turned out to be very enjoyable. Somehwat simple mechanics and low amount of a bit frustrating moments but the game itself is a lot of fun. Had a great but short time with it. Would definetly recommend it for someone that wants an easy to pick up game for some chill fun every now and then.
  11. Nov 22, 2021
    I think this could be the best Jak game. Right here you can play without strafe and don't have fire in your ass. Daxter isn't annoying, levels are good, music is good. My first Jak game. I really enjoyed it in 2010-2015, but it still playable in 2021.
  12. Z.H.
    Apr 19, 2006
    I bought the game on Thursday and finished it on Sunday. I played maybe at most a couple of hours a day. At first you'll be amazed by the graphics but you'll soon realise the fact that your PSP is not as powerful as your PS2. You will see frequest pop-ups in the background but to be honest, this won't affect the gameplay, the graphics are pretty much perfect when playing I bought the game on Thursday and finished it on Sunday. I played maybe at most a couple of hours a day. At first you'll be amazed by the graphics but you'll soon realise the fact that your PSP is not as powerful as your PS2. You will see frequest pop-ups in the background but to be honest, this won't affect the gameplay, the graphics are pretty much perfect when playing levels but when you're out in Haven City you'll find it a bit jerky but all in all you'll still be impressed. The plot/story is bit silly and doesn't really gel, it tries to link your escapades to freeing Jak from prison but its far too random for a logical explanation, You're a bug exterminator so I guess it was going to be tough for the developpers to think of a reason linking your random job to saving Jak. Sound is excellent and the music is catchy. The gameplay is easy and well planned, you may find it too easy but I find it less annoying this way rather than having to repeat fighting the same level again and again. All the gameplay is very well executed, its not like Jak/JakII/Jak III. You fight only a handful of different enemies/bugs in the whole game, you won't hold a gun so the action is always close up (although they try to compensate for this by giving you exciting add-ons to your bug spray). Remember you're only a type of weasel so everything in the world is meant to fit Daxter's dimensions therefore the game won't seem as fast as the Jak series. The bonus/dream sequences which you will discover are excellent additions. All in all, this is an excellent game to own, you will go through it quickly but it will be worth the money for pure entertainment. I would recommend you buy those analogue sticks for the psp, they're fairly cheap and you can buy them on Ebay. The thumb analogue is fine but you'll get more out of the game play with the stick. Expand
  13. KrisPickarts
    Mar 11, 2006
    Unless your a true Jak and Daxter fan i wouldnt waste my money. It looks nice and it has okay gameplay. The big world on asmall screen is cool, but just wait for an new J&K, and how theyve been lately I dont even think you should buy a new one.
    Mar 24, 2006
    amazing game, exciting campaign. Online isn't as favorable. This is a must buy.
  15. JimmyJ.
    Apr 13, 2006
    This is the best game I've played for the PSP. It's just flat out fun. ANd if you played Jak 2 or Jak 3 then you're gonna love this. Haven City has been recreated from Daxter's eye view. And instead of the Metalheads of Jak 2 & 3 fame, a smaller hero gets smaller enemies, with the Metalbugs. But they're just as nasty. This is probably about as hard as Jak 3 though This is the best game I've played for the PSP. It's just flat out fun. ANd if you played Jak 2 or Jak 3 then you're gonna love this. Haven City has been recreated from Daxter's eye view. And instead of the Metalheads of Jak 2 & 3 fame, a smaller hero gets smaller enemies, with the Metalbugs. But they're just as nasty. This is probably about as hard as Jak 3 though it is more of a platformer than an action game like Jak was. I reall give this game a 9.5 but to only vote a 9 wouldn't be good enough so I gave it a 10. Jak 2 was so hard, I'm the only person I know who beat it, but this is not too bad. And all in all its one of the most fun games I've played in a while. Plus the dream sequences (you'll know what I mean when you see them!) are the funniest things you've seen on you PSP since you downloaded The Boondocks! Great game! Expand
  16. Mobius
    Jun 28, 2006
    If you enjoyed Jak & Daxter 12&3 then you should enjoy this, this game plays very similer to the Jak & Daxter series and comes accross as a impressive show peice for the PSP. ill be adding this to my collection along side the other good games.
  17. ZemZ.
    Jul 2, 2007
    An engaging plat former. fun to pick up & play. the similarities between Daxter & the good origianal spyro games are quit obvious. a little short but addictive. if you liked the first two games you'll find a lot to love here. The fact that it has no loading screens was a god send when it was realized but now seams common place. Daxter is definitely worth more than it costs now.
  18. RazvyT.
    Sep 7, 2007
    Icredible game, the best game I ever played on a PSP.Graphics, gameplay, everything is just incredible.I recommand it to everyone.
  19. JoeC.
    Mar 12, 2006
    WOW!!!!!!!! what a great game. the best psp has to offer.
  20. MiguelC.
    Mar 23, 2006
    this game is awsome! I love it already and im on like the second leve! i think its the best game for the PSP yet!!!
  21. EthanR.
    Jun 21, 2006
    I got this game from my parents for a birthday gift and I returned it because I had no intrest in it. Then my friend gave it to me for my birthday gift too. I decided to try it. It amazed me how they could fit such details and big things into this little psp. I loved this game. Almost everything was perfect. I loved the complex level desighn. But the story wasn't so good. Other then I got this game from my parents for a birthday gift and I returned it because I had no intrest in it. Then my friend gave it to me for my birthday gift too. I decided to try it. It amazed me how they could fit such details and big things into this little psp. I loved this game. Almost everything was perfect. I loved the complex level desighn. But the story wasn't so good. Other then that it was one of my favs on psp! Expand
  22. Dean
    Jul 29, 2006
    The most fun I have had on the PSP. Great game for all ages. I don't know what the people who rated this game badly played, but it was not this game. This is one of the top three in my opinion.
  23. Ethan
    Aug 31, 2006
    Man I love this game! I think any kid could play this and enjoy it.
  24. JohnD.
    Nov 17, 2007
    A good platforming game, but this gets nowhere near the PS2 Jak games.
  25. ChrisP.
    Jan 24, 2007
    A mildly diverting platform game spun off from the Jak & Daxter series, but certainly not the amazing PSP-selling game that many people seem to have claimed. I found it to be rather simplistic and repetitive during long sessions, but maybe that shows how well designed it is for short play on the bus. I don't know, I just thought it was a lack of imagination. Like all subsequent A mildly diverting platform game spun off from the Jak & Daxter series, but certainly not the amazing PSP-selling game that many people seem to have claimed. I found it to be rather simplistic and repetitive during long sessions, but maybe that shows how well designed it is for short play on the bus. I don't know, I just thought it was a lack of imagination. Like all subsequent entries in the series, this game is a long way from capturing the delights of the original Jak & Daxter. Most reviewers seem to have been hugely impressed by the graphics but I wasn't. I guess that most PSP games have worse graphics but this still isn't really noteworthy. It's nice but no more than that. The developers have done nice work building the illusion of a seamless, streaming world. There are times when you move from open city hub to a mission's level and have to wait several seconds while a door unlocks (clearly a sneaky attempt to hide the loading times behind something "interactive"). The levels that your missions take place on are very linear so that helps them predict what they need to load but given the limits of the UMD disc format it is still somewhat impressive. Overall, I'll stick with my earlier comment. This game is nice but no more than that. Compared to most of PSP's library that's still quite good but I came way slightly disappointed after reading so much about how good it was. Expand
  26. JinF.
    Mar 13, 2006
    Great platformer for the PSP.
  27. KyleC.
    Mar 22, 2006
    So awesome.
  28. Sammy
    Mar 26, 2006
    One of, if not the best, psp games to date. Its extremely fun, and while quite long, it seemed short because I couldn't put it down. Awesome.
  29. Scott
    Mar 26, 2006
    The game and plot were kinda fun, but I tought it was a little short and too easy.
  30. AndrewP.
    Apr 19, 2006
    Fantastic game, the most fun I've had in a long time on any system!
  31. Apr 7, 2011
    This was quite an enjoyable game with loads of fun. Great platforming. Superb graphics for a psp game. However, I was kinda confused by the plot (although that's probably because I never got Jak 2).
  32. Feb 17, 2012
    Daxter is a great PSP adventure that nicely compliments the Jak and Daxter series. Exciting gameplay is coupled with a fun campaign and although aspects such as the open world and game length are sized down for a portable device, the heart that characterized the series remains intact.
  33. Apr 30, 2012
    I only paid around $15 Australian for this, and I certainly got my money's worth. The story and humour aren't stellar, but the visuals and gameplay are the big achievements and more than make up for the other shortcomings. Quite a bit of fun, but it's unlikely to resonate with you afterwards, nor is there any replay value.
  34. May 30, 2012
    Back in 2006 I picked this game up for my psp (without having ever played a Jak & Daxter game if you can believe that), and I really enjoyed it despite that I was confused about the story here and there. It's a decent size game for the psp, around 17 or 18 levels and more importantly, it's a fun, solid platformer. I would recommend it even to vita owners, it's only 10 bucks on psn.
  35. Jun 30, 2013
    I've beat this game twice and i still enjoy playing such a fun game you get to collect these eggs to unlock stuff and the soundtrack sounds awesome especially when your going to the baron's palace, fish cannery and the final boss. The best psp game ive played besides gta vice city stories
  36. May 24, 2015
    Memorable characters,great graphics,awesome voice acting,tons of cool powerups and a decent story make daxter a must own game for the PSP. It is truly one of the greatest handheld games ive ever played.
  37. Sep 13, 2014
    Um game de plataforma simples e bonito. Com um personagem carismatico e jogabilidade adequada ao portatil da Sony, Daxter é um bom jogo na biblioteca do PSP.
  38. Feb 10, 2022
    The great memories playing this game on my PSP. One of my very actual "console" like game. The story was so engaging with lovable characters. Each level felt unique and were so fun. It had a great variety of gameplay features and puzzles to feel fresh. Overall, this is an amazing game and had unforgettable memories with this game. This game was definitely way ahead of its time.
  39. Sep 3, 2016
    Daxter is a platform video game, it is the only game in the series featuring Daxter as the main protagonist. The game was developed by Ready At Dawn studios and produced by Naughty Dog and published by Sony.

+ Fun
    + Variety Gameplay
    + Daxter Dreams
    - Same Enemies Types
  40. Feb 7, 2021
    [RU]
    Играл давно, но игра хорошая. "Классический" платформер в каком-то роде
  41. Feb 10, 2020
    Creo que es el peor de la saga, sinceramente. Si, incluso peor que "La frontera Perdida". El problema es que la jugabilidad es excesivamente simple, y la dificultad muy desbalanceada nivel por nivel. Hasta que no conseguís el lanzallamas es muy difícil lidear con los enemigos, ya que el gas ese que tira Daxter solo aturde y los controles a la hora de saltar son muy resbaladizos. LaCreo que es el peor de la saga, sinceramente. Si, incluso peor que "La frontera Perdida". El problema es que la jugabilidad es excesivamente simple, y la dificultad muy desbalanceada nivel por nivel. Hasta que no conseguís el lanzallamas es muy difícil lidear con los enemigos, ya que el gas ese que tira Daxter solo aturde y los controles a la hora de saltar son muy resbaladizos. La historia... esta bien, aunque podría haber sido mejor, ya que al ser una precuela de Jak 2 podrían haber desarrollado un poco mas la historia de ciertos personajes. No hubiera sido mas interesante que Daxter se hubiera unido a la resistencia de Torn para "intentar" acabar con Praxis y rescatar a Jak? En su lugar, el juego te mete con un viejo poco carismático y haciendo misiones de fumigar que son excesivamente repetitivas y aburridas. Por lo menos entre estas misiones hay minijuegos que... están bastante bien. Me encanto el minijuego que parodia Matrix y los gráficos impresionantes para el sistema. La música también me gusto bastante. En resumen, Daxter esta algo sobrevalorado. En lo personal no me divirtió mucho por tener malos controles, una jugabilidad super simple (aunque esta va mejorando poquito a poco mientras vas ganando armas) y una historia que pudo haber sido mucho mejor. Puedo llegar a recomendarlo, pero al menos yo no me espere gran cosa, digo, solo por el hecho de ser una precuela no lo convierte inmediatamente en un juegazo como muchos aparentan. Expand
  42. Nov 21, 2019
    Amazing game veey good story and so much fun best psp platform game very good game
  43. Feb 15, 2022
    One of the best 3D platformers honestly ever, on any system, fun combat and some of the greatest level design around, plus the dream sequences are hilarious.
  44. Sep 16, 2021
    Esse jogo e sensacional foi o primeiro jogo da franquia jak and daxter que eu joguei mais agora ate quero jogar os outros de tanto que eu gostei desse musica muito boa graficos lindos parece ate um jogo de console tipo PS3 ou PS2 nao de um portatil a historia dele se passa antes do jak 2 e depois do jak 1 o daxter tem que salvar o jak dos viloes que estao fazendo experimentos com eleEsse jogo e sensacional foi o primeiro jogo da franquia jak and daxter que eu joguei mais agora ate quero jogar os outros de tanto que eu gostei desse musica muito boa graficos lindos parece ate um jogo de console tipo PS3 ou PS2 nao de um portatil a historia dele se passa antes do jak 2 e depois do jak 1 o daxter tem que salvar o jak dos viloes que estao fazendo experimentos com ele usando o eco negro para criar armas e dominar o mundo os viloes sao count veger errol e o ultimo chefe que eu nao lembro o nome o jogo e muito engraçado e a jogabilidade dele e muito boa mais ele tem uns probleminhas como a camera nao e tao boa principalmente no ultimo chefe e as fases sempre tem que fazer a mesma coisa mais de resto o jogo e perfeito Expand
  45. Feb 16, 2022
    Está buenísimo xd watafok además que los personajes son geniales tienes mecánicas nuevas con el personaje de daxter. La historia está bien para ser un juego de PSP y continúa la travesía de jak and daxter: precursor of legacy
  46. Feb 16, 2022
    I couldn’t get past the part with the llillypad platforms but who cares it’s still a good game
  47. May 10, 2022
    Ele é quase perfeito, tem segmentos dele que claramente não foram muito testados antes de ir pras lojas. É mais divertido de se jogar com save state por essas partes frustantes. a ready at dawn fez um milagre no psp com esse jogo

#3 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2006
#5 Most Shared PSP Game of 2006

Generally favorable reviews - based on 59 Critic Reviews

Sure, its story is kind of ridiculous and even a little boring, but the events that said story lead into are fantastic. From the great level design to the ultra-refined controls to the excellent production values, Daxter is a game every PSP gamer should check out.
    This is the action/platformer we've pined for on PSP. With amazing graphics, an entertaining story and uber-accurate control, it's virtually flawless and its appeal knows no bounds.
    Even without the compelling multiplayer, Daxter is the best platformer available on the PSP, and a fantastic extra chapter for the series.