9.0

1. Aug 30, 2019
    Fantastic graphics but everything else is really mediocre or outright poor. Go buy Devil May Cry 5 or Bayonetta for a true action game experience. Gameplay is worse than NieR Automata's.
  2. Aug 30, 2019
    Como es posible que un hack and slash vaya a unos mugrosos 30 fps, siendo que tiene unos graficos caricaturescos estilo naruto shippuden, el estilo de combate es una calca exacta de kankuro, sasori y la abuela chiyo de naruto shippuden, nose porque la prensa le pasa por alto este tipo de errores gravisimos, siendo que para la capacidad de la tableta de gama baja no es un portento tecnico,Como es posible que un hack and slash vaya a unos mugrosos 30 fps, siendo que tiene unos graficos caricaturescos estilo naruto shippuden, el estilo de combate es una calca exacta de kankuro, sasori y la abuela chiyo de naruto shippuden, nose porque la prensa le pasa por alto este tipo de errores gravisimos, siendo que para la capacidad de la tableta de gama baja no es un portento tecnico, juegos viejos como red dead redemtion del 2010, The Last of Us y God Of war ascension tienen mejores graficos siendo de generacion pasada, nintendo lleva haciendo juegos mediocres en graficos y a nivel tecnico como pokemon, este astral chain, yoshi, donkey kong y el kirby. Como es posible que red dead redemtion tenga arboles y graficos mas bonitos que el zelda 2017 y pokemon, siendo un juego del 2010, pero en fin, este astral chain da asco porque fue hecho con flojera como todo lo de nintendo asi que no malgasten su dinero.

Pd. No le hagan caso a youtubers alopecios sin estudios y estafadores de switchcodes, ellos solo quieren su dinero facil sin necesidad de trabajar.
  3. Sep 8, 2019
    Franchement l'un des pires jeux de chez Platinium Games, tout dedans est très mauvais voir nul.
  4. Sep 16, 2019
    i fell for the hype surrounding this game. Combat boring and repetitive. Music cheesy and not suitable to environments. Acting is garbage. Story predictable.
  5. Sep 3, 2019
    I am stunned, how the well known sites and reviewers are hyping this game.
    For me it plays like a 10$ game, unpolished and uninspired. Graphics are nice, but that is all.
    Pro:
    - graphics
    Cons:
    - sloppy programmed acting of the characters
    - uninspired story
    - no reason to play it, basically. Predecessors (Bajonetta, Nier Automata) are way better
  6. Sep 4, 2019
    Una falta de respeto por borrar las notas. El juego es uno del montón. No destaca en historia haciendola muy predecible. El sistema de combate nada innovador.
  7. Sep 4, 2019
    No comprendo a la gente que está tan contenta con este juego. Va completamente a tirones y me ha crasheado varias veces, la historia no tiene ningún sentido, es completamente infumable.

A ver si tengo suerte y no borran mi review por ser negativa, ya que gastarste 50€ en esto es tirar el dinero completamente.
  8. Sep 3, 2019
    I kinda regret buying this one.
    The beginning of the game is extremely slow (and the moto gameplay is awful), the mystery phase are a joke, and don't even talk about the scenario or the music.
    Thankfully, the gameplay is good with some rpg elements, but the game still has lot of annoying chapters or bad things like the plateformer. Oh well, at least i didn't lost any money after
    I kinda regret buying this one.

Oh well, at least i didn't lost any money after finishing it fast.
  9. Sep 4, 2019
    This is such a meh game, I can not understand the hype around it, It does not excels in anything, is pretty but no different from many other arts I've seen in other Japanese games, and that this level of graphics are running in 30 fps is just a shame.
  10. Sep 9, 2019
    30fps... lmao, this game is overrated and mediocre, just another cheap and uninspired side project for Nintendo by Platinum Games. Astral Chain, Bayonetta 3, Babylon's Fall are all being worked on at the same time by B-Team members and are small side projects to scam idiots out of their money, that is why Kamiya is not involved with them. Platinum game has 2 MAIN projects that are both30fps... lmao, this game is overrated and mediocre, just another cheap and uninspired side project for Nintendo by Platinum Games. Astral Chain, Bayonetta 3, Babylon's Fall are all being worked on at the same time by B-Team members and are small side projects to scam idiots out of their money, that is why Kamiya is not involved with them. Platinum game has 2 MAIN projects that are both currently secret and being designed for next generation consoles, these are the real GOOD games we will see from Platinum Games and Platinum Games have stated that they will own these IPs and want to become a proper independent studio, similar to From Software and Capcom. We are going to see great things from Platinum Games. So these two next gen titles will be PC/PS5/XboxScarlet multi-platform games. Expand
  11. Sep 7, 2019
    After finishing the game and giving it a chance, I can give an appropriate opinion with knowledge about this game. For my taste it has been long, heavy, boring and repetitive, I have not liked the graphics and the game mechanics very thick. With all this I do not recommend it at all and I give it a 1 of total note. Dont Buy this game people.
  12. Sep 2, 2019
    This is a game about making circles... its aggressively mediocre. Boring and bland. What happened? How is this popular? It looks worse than some phone games. I'm disappointed I spent the money for it, was really excited actually. Love the bayonetta series, why did they waste their time on this.
  13. Sep 3, 2019
    Let me start by saying, no, this isn't a fake review by a Sony fanboy like a lot are claiming all negative reviews are. I am more likely to be a Nintendo fanboy, my favourite games of all time are Nintendo exclusive, the Switch is my favourite console ever, I pretty much only play Switch and PC these days. Not only that, but I am a huge fan of Platinum Games, who I believe are responsibleLet me start by saying, no, this isn't a fake review by a Sony fanboy like a lot are claiming all negative reviews are. I am more likely to be a Nintendo fanboy, my favourite games of all time are Nintendo exclusive, the Switch is my favourite console ever, I pretty much only play Switch and PC these days. Not only that, but I am a huge fan of Platinum Games, who I believe are responsible for some of the best action games ever.

With that out of the way, let me express how I think this game is utter garbage. First I will list off the positives, as it will be quite quick to get through them all:

Pros:
    -Interesting world building full of interesting ideas. This is one of the first Platinum Games original IPs that has an intricate and well thought out world design, that doesn't exist solely as an excuse for bombastic action set pieces.

-Lots of unique and great ideas with combat and exploration using the game's centric gimmick.

-A distinct visual style with popping colour design.

Ok, now that's out of the way, let's talk about the negatives, which, in my opinion, is basically everything else:

-The combat system. Right, so the opening of the game shows you what the combat system is like without the legion gimmick, and I think anyone who would argue this is in any way good is lying. You have one button for attacks and you can dodge out the way. That's essentially as deep as the core combat of your character is, instead of having a super powerful, quick and stylish playable character that feels constantly fun and rewarding, you have a slow, weak and simple human that can't really do a whole lot. Luckily, you are given a legion near the end of the opening, where combat opens up slightly more. Now you have the ability to summon in an assistant who is chained to you, and control where they move. But that is it for now. You get to tell what looks like a fun character where to attack, while you're still stuck being boring. As the game goes on, you get given more and more abilities for your legion and the chain between you is used as a combat mechanic in various ways that are actually quite clever in concept, One of the most fun examples is the way you can make a chain line that acts as an elastic band to fling charging enemies back and stun them. The first time you use it, it feels pretty fun, but eventually, it just becomes a chore to keep doing. Imagine a significantly slower paced version of The Wonderful 101's mechanics. The other thing is you get legion attacks, which you can activate in certain situations or after your one button combos finish. This never seems to go beyond 'press the button' when you see a flash and only seems to add to the flashy visuals than it does to the gameplay. You can also learn parrying, which works similarly to Metal Gear Rising. The game continues like this, where instead of fleshing out your base combat, you're simply given more and more 'extras' to make it more complicated. There are a lot of clever ideas, but they felt more to me like tacked on gimmicks that got in the way of the fun, rather than enhancing it.The entire time I was playing, I was wishing that I would just play as the legion on its own, that actually looks fun. Why is the game getting to have all the fun while I have to deal with the busy work?

The other huge negative is the camera and lock on controls, which in tight spaces, are **** atrocious. Your view is constantly getting obscured by various objects, walls or other enemies. You can't move the camera manually without locking on to another enemy and changing your camera completely, so you're left relying on the auto lock on to focus on the right thing without getting blocked - which is rare. The developers seemed to know this, so they decided to make the vast majority of the games combat take place is barren, flat and open grey and red areas, sacrificing interesting and varied level design to make the camera more bearable. This ties in to the next criticism:

The mission and area design. The structure of a mission starts with extremely slow paced, ancient-feeling investigative sections in small and samey urban areas. There is nothing interesting about these sections at all other than a few cool little secrets to find. Other than that, they just serve as a blockade preventing you from just getting to action gameplay at a reasonable pace. Which makes the term 'action-packed' for this game feel quite insulting. Once you finally reach the actual gameplay - the levels are all indistinguishable red and grey cubey areas with very basic and slow paced platforming that feels straight out of a bad PS2 era game, mixed with lite and uninteresting puzzle solving, with a few combat encounters here and there. I honestly feel anyone who describes this game as 'action-packed' is spitefully lying to you. It's slow, awkward, clumsy and altogether all these ideas come together in a poorly executed mess.

Hugely disappointed.
  14. Sep 3, 2019
    Feels like it could be a free mobile game like how most switch games do. Dont understand all the hype there was for this game.
  15. XB0
    Aug 30, 2019
    ¿Qué se puede decir de Astral Chain?
    Antes de que uno lo probara puede decir muchas cosas ya que el desarrollador no es nadie más que Platinum Games.
    Comenzaré con los puntos buenos. El apartado artístico es bueno (No lo mejor que he visto, pero ahí está) Ahora los puntos malos (Si eres fanboy de Platinum o Nintendo mejor busque otra review que le haya puesto 10 sin haberlo jugado)
    ¿Qué se puede decir de Astral Chain?
    Comenzaré con los puntos buenos.
    El apartado artístico es bueno (No lo mejor que he visto, pero ahí está)

Prosigo
    Uno después de jugar NieR: Automata uno esperaba una historia sobresaliente, ya que al parecer se veia que cada título hecho por Platinum iba mejorando progresivamente. A mí parecer la historia peca de ser simplona y no te exige para nada el entenderla. (Para alguien casual supongo que la historia estará bien)
    Algo que hace por ejemplo muy amado a la saga Devil May Cry es el carisma de los personajes ya que estos te generan una empatía que te dan ganas de seguir jugando cosa que no pasa en Astral Chain, ya que muchos llegan a ser planos y monótonos cosa que no ayuda mucho a la rejugabilidad por espantarnos con ello.
    Los puzzles del juego tienden a ser repetitivos y muy poco interesantes. Este aspecto no contribuye mucho al gameplay, cosa que solo genera bajar la calidad del mismo.
    Siento mucho reciclaje en el uso de escenarios. Si bien reutilizar uno que otro escenario no está mal, aquí pudieron haberlo hecho mejor más que todo por el género.
    El diseño de personajes se me es muy genérico y eso es muy negativo ya que el juego no podrá ser muy memorable ni siquiera por ese apartado
    Algo muy importante en los hack & slash es la fluidez y que este juego vaya a 30fps es sin duda un gran handicap para la jugabilidad. Hay que ser muy necio para decir que los 60fps no son necesarios aquí y muy hater para decir que otros juegos (que no requieren 60fps) van a 30.

Otras pegas:
    - La cámara
    - Las investigaciones entorpecen el ritmo del juego
    - Clichés

Conclusión: Astral Chain llega a ser un videojuego que al final de todo no está muy seguro de qué quiere lograr. El gameplay llega a ser desordenado para los casuals a lo que me parece que el juego está más enfocado por su historia y sus pausas con mecánicas simples y aburridas. Además de no lograr los 60fps que en este género si se requieren.
    Personajes planos que solo lograran que Astral Chain sea un juego olvidable a menos que se te venga a la mente el apartado artístico, aunque en el diseño de personajes y niveles no se llega a apreciar el mismo. Una decepción para lo que puede ofrecer el equipo de Platinum.
    Este es el peor trabajo de Platinum Games después del de las tortugas ninja, ya que en este tuvieron libertad en el desarrollo cosa que no se pudo en el juego de Activision, una pena.
    Si quieres jugar un buen hack & slash ahí tienes a Devil May Cry V, Bayonetta 2 o NieR que valen 1000 veces la pena más que este juego.
  16. Sep 3, 2019
    Barely 30fps action game with a silent/bland protagonist, bad graphics, forgettable story and mediocore combat. Just bad.
  17. Sep 4, 2019
    LLevo ya más de 20 horas de juego, la intención es buena, pero mal ejecutada, no se siente la misma sensación frenética de otros Hack and Slash, el gameplay al estar a 30fps se siente muy poco fluído, un hack and slash siempre debe ir a 60fps, es lo que han hecho todos los buenos referentes del género. En un RPG por turnos no afecta, o en juegos de aventura, pero en juegos de este géneroLLevo ya más de 20 horas de juego, la intención es buena, pero mal ejecutada, no se siente la misma sensación frenética de otros Hack and Slash, el gameplay al estar a 30fps se siente muy poco fluído, un hack and slash siempre debe ir a 60fps, es lo que han hecho todos los buenos referentes del género. En un RPG por turnos no afecta, o en juegos de aventura, pero en juegos de este género es indispensable.
    Otra queja es que tiene mucho input lag el juego, y aunque la historia es muy buena, el gameplay defrauda bastante, ojalá mejore después con un parche o algo. Yo lo venderé y jugaré algo más por el momento.
  18. Sep 3, 2019
    Un juego.mas del montón de switch en lo personal no me gustó.....eso sin contar a nivel gráfico deja mucho que desear...en fin
  19. Sep 2, 2019
    I'm not giving it a zero because "Not on PS4" like some people, but the game literally crashed my Switch. It's unplayable to me.
  20. Sep 3, 2019
    The gameplay is really bad in TV mode,gameplay is worse than NieR Automata's
  21. Sep 5, 2019
    I traded it in after playing for several hours. Exploration is a bore and using the astral chain is clunky. Rumor is it gets better but I want willing to put any more time into this game. Traded in within the first week. Buyer beware. Rating game too low because others are rating it too high. Visuals are great but gameplay is most important to me.
  22. Sep 6, 2019
    -Bad story
    -Too easy
    -Bad optimization
    -Bad graphics
    -Goes at 30 fps
    -In short it is a mediocre game
  23. Sep 1, 2019
    In my 20 plus years of gaming I never seen such an overhyped and overrated game such as Astral Chain, the initial first hour of the game is so slow pace that almost made me stop playing, the framerate is God awful, theres framepacing issues all over the place, the pacing of the game has no direction as it seems to be fluffed up with meaningless busy work, the graphics are okay but theIn my 20 plus years of gaming I never seen such an overhyped and overrated game such as Astral Chain, the initial first hour of the game is so slow pace that almost made me stop playing, the framerate is God awful, theres framepacing issues all over the place, the pacing of the game has no direction as it seems to be fluffed up with meaningless busy work, the graphics are okay but the whole "Cell shaded " look is played out already and it's mostly used to Hide the switch's shortcomings, the whole Cell shaded look is pretty outdated by today's standards, ....yes it was great on zelda botw but now its just redundant and getting old, in conclusion...Astral Chain is just not worth the asking price as it plays more like a budget tittle than its AAA price suggests. Expand
  24. Sep 2, 2019
    Switch died during a Fight on Chapter 8.
    Started slowing down really hard and overheated. Looked nice at least... But a Dead switch...
  25. Aug 30, 2019
    If you want a good action game buy Bayonetta, Nier Automata or MGR. This game has none depth.
  26. Sep 2, 2019
    Couldn’t get it to work at first. After 3 hours of customer service with a woman who definitely hates my guts, I finally got to play the game. It was buggy, generic, and had a lackluster story. Extremely disappointed, was looking forward to this game awhile now.
  27. Sep 3, 2019
    Totally dissapointed not an open world, very repetitive, 60 usd very expensive, low resolution and low frame rate on portable mode.on switch
  28. Aug 30, 2019
    30 FPS action game. In honesty there shouldn't be anything else to say but I can go the extra mile in telling you why you should stay away from this game, or at the very least dissuade you from paying full price for it. They decided to not let the game speak for itself and will flood you will cinematic shots and anime set pieces that distract away from the actual gameplay (which on it's30 FPS action game. In honesty there shouldn't be anything else to say but I can go the extra mile in telling you why you should stay away from this game, or at the very least dissuade you from paying full price for it. They decided to not let the game speak for itself and will flood you will cinematic shots and anime set pieces that distract away from the actual gameplay (which on it's own is pretty good). If they removed how many times the game decides to interrupt the flow of gameplay it would have been much better. Purchase it on sale if you really have to or try to borrow it from a friend since its only like 15 hours long. Expand
  29. Aug 30, 2019
    It’s a rare occasion that I have complete disdain for something while also heavy admiration for its creators. But here that only serves to heighten my dissatisfaction: astral chain is inadequate because, while not bad*, it has glaring, obvious faults:

Unintelligible combat - with the acception of some bosses every combat sequence is too busy with enemies acting independently contrasting each other in a cacophony(sic?) of overlapping overlysimple monotony. And the combat mechanics are completely interchangable removing the development or necessity of any skill.

Horrible dialogue/ voice acting - The characters have no personality or charisma. The lines are often highly illogical with the overal conclusion of each interaction conflicting characters haphazardly built up individualty betraying a sense of vacancy on the writers part. And the voice acting is equally robotic and contrived highlighted by being programmed disjointedly contributing to an overall sense of such flagrant carelessness it’s offensive.

Bad visuals - the game has an attractive art style, but the environments are extremely repetitive and bland. The only saving grace here is the boss design

Conclusion: the developers chose a cash grab at the expensive of the customers value. Why play astral chain? Because there’s nothing better to do. But there is

*(in my opinion for a game to be bad it needs to be nearly empty or extremely sensually abrasive)
  30. Aug 31, 2019
    I was very excited for this game however it is fairly disappointing.

I was very excited for this game however it is fairly disappointing.

Technically the game is a mess. It runs with 30FPS like many have said and that sucks, but the larger issue is that the FOV is tiny which is a huge problem fighting mobs as you are supposed to fling your legion at enemies, then jump to it at a precise moment... however the camera rarely actually points at where you are flinging him. this is why people say the bosses are most enjoyable because you can just target them and more or less the camera will stick to them but for 90% of fights you are fighting at least 3-4 enemies at a time and it is a mess... and you are doing it all in 30FPS. i guess what i am saying is that the fighting, which is by far the main attraction, ends up as a button masher.

The structure of the game doesn't fare much better although that is mostly a matter of taste, and my taste don't like it :) For a hack and slash action game there are long stretches without actual hacking and slashing.

During half of the game you end up solving mundane puzzles that are not very thematic. basically most of the puzzles in this game will be right at home in BOTW for instance. seriously, stepping on 2 panes to unlock the next section, have to hit 3 flying balls at the same time to open the next section. simple and uninspired.

puzzles in action games really break the flow too. for instance you go to training and you get tutorials for all those cool and useful fighting stuff, and next mission was to have to talk to every person in a city block. the mission didn't mark who i need to talk to (just who i have talked to) so I spend the next 45 minutes, ended up watching an youtube video) because there was this kid in a corner not marked in any way, that i had to press A next to.

Or a little later, I am fighting, its good, then I they tell me i have to hit 3 moving balls at the same time. That took a few tries and completely ruined the pacing of the whole level, which was already ruined because there is a dumb puzzle between every fight.

And a lot of bosses are puzzles in themselves, like a mario boss. you have to do specific things to be able to hurt the boss. there is no creativity, just use this skill in this exact way and then you can do dmg for a few seconds, rinse and repeat 20 to 30 times.

in a way the combat is not even that original as it is basically DMC5 crow character, the guy that doesn't fight directly you know but uses animals and stuff.

overall, i think the game is a technical failure and whatever good design may exist I for one could not get to it. i still have strong respect for platinum games and will pre-order their next game no questions asked. they are trying new things, it just doesn't always work out.
  31. Aug 31, 2019
    So tired of Nintendo games being cell shaded, first Breath Of The Wild, Fire Emblem, now **** Chain, Stop with everything being Cell Shaded. What's next Metroid Prime 4 being cell shaded? Done with it.
  32. Sep 3, 2019
    The game is short, 9 hours I finished and easy, the story is very linear, I expected something else.
  33. Sep 1, 2019
    Annoying combat features (slowing down), ugly graphics/character design looking pixelated, bland characters and predictable typical anime story. Just returned the game half-way in. Not everyone who gave this game a low rating was because it's an exclusive tbh. Just personally unenjoyable.
  34. Aug 30, 2019
    Awful, awful. Do not recommend. The combat is not as cool as the trailers made it seem. Characters are boring and uninspired. The controls are hit and miss. Do not buy.
  35. Sep 2, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I played this game and returned it the next day for less than half of what I payed because I don't like tedious button mashing, I don't like long time to kills, and i especially don't like playing a grunting sidekick who has to kill his/her own sibling(who is the actual hero).
    What's more, I don't like professional Nintendo review sites saying people giving this game a low score are jealous because they don't have Switches. I do but that doesn't mean I have to like this game. If it weren't for the M.S.M. I never would have left this review to refute them. Good job!
  36. Sep 5, 2019
    Este juego no merece 10 por los fallos técnicos que tiene, ya como mucho un 8 pero debido a tantos fanboys que tiene Nintendo (muy radicales por cierto y todos son calvos o muy gordos jajaja) le tengo que bajar para que se compense, es bueno que haya gente que todavía piense con la cabeza.
  37. Aug 30, 2019
    Astral Chain is The Little Engine That Couldn't become a Nier: Automata.
    It was a good try, though. Maybe in a better platform with not that many limitations.
  38. Aug 31, 2019
    Horrible combat with a lot of stopping, pausing, flashing and limitations, Summoning and fighting against an enemy has a lot of interruptions some are QTE-segments breaking the flow of combat the Legions are clunky to control, character moveset is poor compared to the like of bayonetta, MGRR etc. and the poor stealth mechanic that shouldn't be in game. The game runs 30fps with enemiesHorrible combat with a lot of stopping, pausing, flashing and limitations, Summoning and fighting against an enemy has a lot of interruptions some are QTE-segments breaking the flow of combat the Legions are clunky to control, character moveset is poor compared to the like of bayonetta, MGRR etc. and the poor stealth mechanic that shouldn't be in game. The game runs 30fps with enemies having huge hitboxes, the story, quest, voice acting,cenimatics etc. the gameplay in general is not as good as most platinum games all in all not worth it! Expand
  39. Sep 4, 2019
    Bad game and boring nothing special about it it just hack and slash game with boring storyline
  40. Sep 6, 2019
    I don’t like the colors of this game. The gameplay is not very appealing. I am very disappointed, maybe I would give it better score if it was much cheaper. I don’t understand why many were excited about this.
  41. Sep 20, 2019
    Unplayable, freezes every time on Switch. O tried too many times but 0% sucess, sad.
  42. Sep 6, 2019
    El juego es monotono y muy molesto, los colores pastel dan una apariencia extrana y tratan de ocultar la baja capacidad gráfica de la consola con movimientos de cámara extraños, es un intento desesperado por aparentar variedad en este sistema
  43. Sep 20, 2019
    The character design is amazing and the game has a nice pace to it. Being mission based rather than open world is the better fit allowing levels to be replayed on higher difficulty while seeming out secrets or side quest at times. Overall a must own for switch
  44. Sep 20, 2019
    1.畫面太複雜,根本看不到敵人和攻擊,連主角自己的狀態都看不到
    2.背景會擋住主角視線
    3.操作雷基恩移動就不能調視角,失敗 4.按鍵之間有優先順序,動作之間的切換沒有很流暢,常常因為前一個動作沒執行完錯過回避的時機 5.劇情背景很多沒交代,玩完還是一頭霧水 6.錯過小型事件要整節重打 7.一些按鍵設計要按下類比搖桿,但是又沒有很精準 8.對敵人的視角沒有很好調整的機制,打不到想打的敵人,從遊戲很前期就有這個缺陷 9.鎖鍊跳的位置在邊緣的判定有問題,很難完全判斷能不能跳到不會摔落的位置
    1.畫面太複雜,根本看不到敵人和攻擊,連主角自己的狀態都看不到
    7.一些按鍵設計要按下類比搖桿,但是又沒有很精準
    8.對敵人的視角沒有很好調整的機制,打不到想打的敵人,從遊戲很前期就有這個缺陷
    9.鎖鍊跳的位置在邊緣的判定有問題,很難完全判斷能不能跳到不會摔落的位置

1. Sep 22, 2019
    Astral Chain is a different take on Platinum Games action formula and deserves a chance if you're a fan of their previous work. Although the battles never quite reach the same level of finesse and variety as in Bayonetta, there are still a occasions in the game that come close. The interaction between our character and its Legion is the big draw, but unfortunately there are times when we are forced to fight without it. Half of the times because our Legion attacks straight on, the other half because we ourselves fumble around with the right stick. But if you have plenty of patience, Astral Chain works superbly at least until it's time for Bayonetta 3.
  2. Sep 18, 2019
    This review has largely been gushing, but I want you to know that Astral Chain isn’t perfect. The non-combat side of the game is often fairly pedestrian and the story can be pretty overwrought even if it is largely told in a knowing, tongue-in-cheek manner. With that noted, this is absolutely a worthy successor to Nier Automata – and like that game, Astral Chain is definitely a contender for one of my favourite games of the year.
  3. Sep 17, 2019
    Astral Chain is a unique and beautiful game that excels at what it’s trying to do. It’s one of the best games of the year so far, and it makes me excited to see what the studio will come up with next.