• Publisher: Nicalis
  • Release Date: Jun 20, 2017
  • Also On: PC
7.9

1. Jun 20, 2019
    Game sucks ass platforming in this game is just ridiculous and the fact that when you get hit by a enemy and you lose a level of the weapon sucks the soundtrack is good but the game is not this makes cave story one of the worst games i've ever played
  2. Jan 10, 2021
    I really don't understand high notes for this game. The worst for me is that just hi scores motivated me to buy this game. It was mistake.

Great music? Maybe I got different version of this game? It's just set of very dull 8bit clicks. It's awful. Please, just compare to Octopath Traveler to see what does it really mean good music in video game before using that term. Truth to be told, if not by music, perhaps it would score 5 or even 6/10.

In terms of story it's very immature (in terms of "script", not 18+stuff of course). Not that I have something to this crazy story. It's just constant feeling like if author made all of this without deeper idea.

Graphics is OK - given what sort of game it is.

The best would be to compare this game to other of the like. Axiom Verge is very good comparison to Cave Story+: also made by one person, also 8bit metroidvania. But Axiom is just far, far, far better in all aspects: story (especially story), gameplay & music.

In terms of "metroidvania" Cave Story+ is rather average representative of genre, that didn't live up to my expectations.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 1, 2017
    Cave Story+ may have already been around in other formats before but it's such a delightful game to play that it's still recommended to everyone, this time with the added bonus of including all the soundtracks of the game's previous versions. Its finely designed difficulty curve will set everyone on their course and the magnificent boss fights only make this even more of a timeless classic.
  2. Aug 11, 2017
    This game is fun to to play. The gameplay is addictive. However, 50 euros is way too much for an old game.
  3. Aug 1, 2017
    Cave Story+ is an excellent port and it feels right at home on the Nintendo Switch.