8.1

1. Feb 21, 2020
    Being my own personal Opinion and having rated it based on my enjoyment of it, i have to say that this game is a delight to play. The characters are interesting, there is some references to our own world, the plot made me care for the characters, and the overall tone / mood the game presented was just what i needed. To better enjoy this game, i’d suggest playing it patiently, relaxing andBeing my own personal Opinion and having rated it based on my enjoyment of it, i have to say that this game is a delight to play. The characters are interesting, there is some references to our own world, the plot made me care for the characters, and the overall tone / mood the game presented was just what i needed. To better enjoy this game, i’d suggest playing it patiently, relaxing and trying to feel like you were actually be the barista. For an old school rating method :

Graphics : 9 ( I really enjoyed the art style and even though there isn’t much animation to look at, which is normal for visual novels, the mood the art style sets fits the game )

Sound : 7 ( no voice acting but just sound effects you’d hear at a coffee brewery, such as pouring, cutting ingredients, etc. The music fits the mood, but there aren’t many tracks available, even though none get repetitive )

Gameplay : 5 (In terms of Actual gameplay you just need to choose the right ingredients and talk to people. There are buttons to go on your phone to check various things, but other than that it’s pretty normal even for visual novel standards. you do get some liberty with how you do latte art, which is optional, and there is some fun to be had here if you want )

Story : 8 ( witout spoiling, it’s set in a fictional Seattle, which is stated in the synopsis, where many different races exist, from werewolves to vampires and they all coexist as a society. The game explores some of the hardships regarding this )

Overall enjoyment : 9 (due to everything stated above and the fact that the game was quite different from the usual game you’d play, even amongst visual novels. If the concept is to your liking, please go download the Demo and give this a go. The devs created a really unique gem of a game :) .

P:S : if you read this far , thank you
    And I know that the individual ratings don’t add up to a 9 as my review stated but that rating was regarding my overall enjoyment of the game :)

Have a good one

Generally favorable reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 19, 2020
    As a visual novel, Coffee Talk relies heavily on its writing, but the characters and the plot are so dull, they offer you no reason to care. Instead of visiting this fictitious coffee shop, find a local one in the real world - you'll have more fun.
  2. Feb 12, 2020
    Coffee Talk is an absolute joy to play.
  3. Feb 8, 2020
    Games in the 'visual novel' corner of the industry can often leave you a little cold unless you’re happy to watch an anime with a small amount of actual player interaction, but with its unique premise and interesting take on a fantasy world (think Netflix's Bright, but actually good), Coffee Talk serves up a refreshing brew of angst, introspection and coffee beans. Its hand-crafted story mode is a tad too short for our liking, but with Endless mode you’ll have plenty of fun getting in touch with your inner barista.