8.6

1. Nov 26, 2021
    Amazing! Beautiful and really fun! One of the best games I ever played. The bosses are great, the enemies are also great and you will love all the characters. This is a game you should play. I finish the game (is a good challenge but nothing frustrating) and I will finish all the post game stuff. Really really great game! I saw comments about the controls but I enjoy them, very responsiveAmazing! Beautiful and really fun! One of the best games I ever played. The bosses are great, the enemies are also great and you will love all the characters. This is a game you should play. I finish the game (is a good challenge but nothing frustrating) and I will finish all the post game stuff. Really really great game! I saw comments about the controls but I enjoy them, very responsive and an amazing combat system, you have magic and melee weapons. The dungeons are well created also, you will find shortcuts, some puzzles, group fights, mini boss fights, boss fights and secrets. As a Dark Souls and Zelda fan, this game exceed my expectations, again is one of my favorites this year. Expand
  2. Nov 27, 2021
    I played it on steam and now also on the Switch. I absolutely adored this game, it has such a unique style and the music is absoluetely amazing. I can fully recommend this game to anyone who likes games like Zelda (the old ones), Hollow Knight or simply has a preference for indie games. For me definitely a gem!
  3. Dec 3, 2021
    I am really enjoying this game. Mix of puzzle, exploring and action. The challenge is fair and the game is a pleasure to play.
  4. Nov 29, 2021
    So far this game is pretty sweet, cool graphics, awesome sound track, can be difficult but nothing you won't eventually get, I'd say it's worth the 20$
  5. Dec 2, 2021
    Just simply AMAZING!! The bosses are pretty worked and optimized and the history is my favorite thing of this game.
  6. Nov 24, 2021
    Love Soulsborne and Zelda but this ain't it. Going to try to keep it brief. The controls aren't tight. The dodging feels inconsistent in terms of input response. The level design is looping (like Souls games you open gates to earlier areas, etc.) but feels really repetitive, you don't get that 'aha!' feeling when it loops back. Next, enemies all feel the same and uninteresting. You see aLove Soulsborne and Zelda but this ain't it. Going to try to keep it brief. The controls aren't tight. The dodging feels inconsistent in terms of input response. The level design is looping (like Souls games you open gates to earlier areas, etc.) but feels really repetitive, you don't get that 'aha!' feeling when it loops back. Next, enemies all feel the same and uninteresting. You see a lot of the same enemies and a lot of times you're just dodging and running into the next area. The bosses are passable and probably the most decent part part of the gameplay but not enough to carry the whole game.
    Lastly, the music is good, probably the best part, has nice Hollow Night style calm and sad ambiance. Too be honest I don't know how this game has so many positive reviews. This game is mid at best, boring Zelda/Souls imitiation at worst. Just wanted to post my review because I'm seeing some glowing reviews from some big review platforms and as a fan of these type of games, these excellent reviews are just not that accurate for this game.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 30, 2021
    Death’s Door is one of those nice combinations of a superb presentation and strong gameplay. The game could coast well enough on either of those points, but it hits them both and is excellent as a result. There’s nothing overly deep about the gameplay mechanics, and its brand of action is going to be familiar to most. The most impressive bits are the bosses, which require strong pattern recognition and good reflexes. The gorgeous sights and sounds along the way add tremendously to its atmosphere, doing their part to keep the player pulled into this unusual, compelling world. Action-RPG fans will certainly want to give this a go.
  2. Nov 30, 2021
    Death’s Door is a fun and unique action-adventure game with appealing scenery and music. You can pick it up and play on the go, and although the controls require skill, it’s easy to master.
  3. Nov 29, 2021
    Clever, original, and beautifully presented, Death's Door is a solid Zelda-like indy title...but not without its faults.