8.3

1. Sep 13, 2021
    The first words that will run through your mind after the story is finished will be "What the hell" and that in the most positive way. Nothing will prepare what will happen in this visual novel. Do yourself a favor and read nothing about it when you want to buy it.
  2. Jul 3, 2021
    Pros:
    Very unique story and some really cool mechanics
    Cons: The Game font is too small you can't see it on the Switch you have to constantly zoom or have a headache from squinting You have to come to this game fresh if you know anything about this game it would be very enjoyable. The game drags out a lot. You will be skipping a lot of dialogs to get to the good stuff The game has
    Pros:
    Very unique story and some really cool mechanics

Cons:
    The game has barely any gameplay or puzzles like most modern visual novels it's basically a reading simulator.
  3. Jul 21, 2021
    ddlc is so good i Have lost at least 6783735382826.7453292 gallons of coom to monika pls send help i have no freinds (in all seriousness the games great.)
  4. Mar 30, 2022
    I don't like this game. The gameplay is very boring and not very attractive
  5. Mar 13, 2022
    For what is a technically simple game, this is one of the most memorable gaming experiences I've ever had. It made me experience feelings I never thought possible from a video game. If you like this type of genre, or are looking for a one of a kind gaming experience, this is a must. Unfortunately I can't talk about the best part of the game because it's one of those where the less you knowFor what is a technically simple game, this is one of the most memorable gaming experiences I've ever had. It made me experience feelings I never thought possible from a video game. If you like this type of genre, or are looking for a one of a kind gaming experience, this is a must. Unfortunately I can't talk about the best part of the game because it's one of those where the less you know the better. Expand
  6. Jul 31, 2021
    Doki Doki Literatue Club Plus
    This game is weird yall
    Doki Doki Literature club is a 4 hour long narrative based gamewhere you play as yourself.. these 4 girls ar obsessed with you, youre the only boy in their literature club and you have to juggle their jealosy.. Wiriting poems by picking 20 words from a list that you think a certain girl will like to make them like you even more… and
    Doki Doki Literatue Club Plus
    This game is weird yall
    Wiriting poems by picking 20 words from a list that you think a certain girl will like to make them like you even more… and then things get weird.. no spoilers, but think portal, things will just randomly be like oh, what game am I laying, and this second half is the better part of the game.. but in general I just didn’t find the story or characters to be that compelling, im glad I went through this ride to see what all the fuss was a about,
    it really is a game worth playing, but I didn’t care enough about the characters for the twists to really hit me as much as t should have.. which I feel is due to the repetitive nature of the story, with no real choices to make me feel like I was pushing the story towards any sort of direction, I was just reading and reading and reading, I like cute stuff, I like deep stuff, It’s the same story different day, bpick 20 new words, and I just couldntcare… which kinda left the 6 side stories in the plus version vs the main version to not really be wort hit for me in particular, for that reason id suggest just playing the main game for free, and if the world , the story, and charcters connect with you, go back and play through plus for that bonus content.. I however am not one of those people.
    Overall Doki Doki Literature Club isa good game, with crazy wtf moments.. But lower your expectations before going in.. its not as great as everyone pretends it is.
    I give Doki Doki Literatue Club Plus
    a 7/10
  7. Aug 1, 2021
    I went into this game knowing that something might go wrong since it's labelled as a "horror game". But nothing could have prepared me for what I faced in the game's final Acts. Highly recommended, even if you aren't a fan of visual novel style games (like myself)
  8. Aug 3, 2021
    Probably my favourite visual novel ever. The poems are AMAZING, the story is short but really surprises the reader. 10/10
  9. Aug 30, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. On the surface, Doki Doki Literature Club! Plus seems like an ordinary dating simulator game where you choose the girl you want to date by writing them a poem with your friend Sayori kind of pressuring you into a literature club with 3 other girls. However, this is not a dating sim. This is a very unnerving psychological horror game originally made for free by Dan Salvato now turned into console port for Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series S/X/One, and PS4/PS5 along with a PC version.

However, this is moee than judt a horror game and anime waifu simulator. This is a deep, powerful story that deals with serious issues such as anxiety, depression, but also emotional bonding and connection with each individual character you interact with. This game knows how to tell a story and make you feel invested enough to the point of when something happens to these characters, a part of you feels affected by the outcome. And it's really amazing!

The gameplay is very easy. Simple to pick up with dialogue you click through and read and choose words wisely for whomever you desire to get with (NOT THAT IT MATTERS BECAUSE JUST MONIKA, JUST MONIKA, JUST MONIKA, JUST MONIKA, JUST MONIKA, JUST MONIKA)...where was I? In the end, all of the mechanics are really cool. And once the horror elements kick right in after a certain character dies and the game resets, you're in for a ride! Overall, a great game. Believe the hype.
  10. May 8, 2022
    I made the mistake buying this game after it was so hyped on the internet. I usually don't play visual novels, and thought i should give this a chance anyway.
    This is NOT a video game, because most of the time you click through a badly written story, with annoying music in the background. After a 30 minutes i was completly bored by it, and just didnt care anymore.
    I can't believ this

I can't believ this 'game' got such high ratings. I say avoid this game
  11. Nov 7, 2021
    A force de jouer,
    A force d'être programmer,
    A rejouer sans cesse les mêmes jeux copiés A un moment, on fini par être cerné, comme emprisonné On se reconnait, l'expérience utilisateur proposé reste familière, rassurante et promet de nous bercer MAIS. RIEN. NE. DURE. JAMAIS Doki Doki Literature Club tente de vous amadouer il vous prend la main, chaleureuse et pleine de bonté il
    A force de jouer,
    A force d'être programmer,
    A rejouer sans cesse les mêmes jeux copiés
    A un moment, on fini par être cerné, comme emprisonné
    On se reconnait, l'expérience utilisateur proposé
    reste familière, rassurante et promet de nous bercer
    MAIS. RIEN. NE. DURE. JAMAIS
    Doki Doki Literature Club tente de vous amadouer
    il vous prend la main, chaleureuse et pleine de bonté
    il vous séduit, avec charisme, et un charme familier
    il vous désarme, vous promet une aventure passionnée
    il vous murmure à l'oreille, des mélodies sereines,
    belles, qui amène un rideau noir sur l'écran de la tv.
    et vous y croyez, jusqu'à qu'il vous arrache le coeur,
    le balance au porc, ramasse leur merdes et comme un arnaqueur,
    vous place ça à l'endroit où vous sentiez votre chaleur. Continuellement, continuellement, continuellement, continuellement, continuellement, continuellement.

Un Visual Novel "classique", avec des personnages typiques voir clichés mais qui ne sont pas utilisé pour dénoncer. De beaux visuels, et de jolies musiques qui font de ce jeu une de mes meilleures expériences vidéoludiques.

*SPOIL ICI*
    En visual novel classique, dont on détourne trop souvent le terme pour parler de dating sim, le gameplay est limité, voir inexistant. C'est la partie qui blesse le plus car moins intéressante, et pourtant on simule un programme, on peut supprimer des fichiers, on sélectionne des mots pour faire de poèmes, on nous fait croire à un système de route d'héroïnes, mais ceci est une illusion, tout comme l'espoir de ken Sayori alors que le jeu est clairement classé Mature. Alors forcément la note non parfaite. L'énigme où on doit accélerer le temps reste un des meilleurs pires moments du jeu.

Les illusions sont le point fort du jeu, est c'est grâce à toute la partie déraillante, glitchy, programme défectueux qu'il reste effrayant, car imprédictible. Ma première réaction face au suicide de Sayori ce fut d'aller voir à quoi je ressemble dans la glace, voir mes émotions. Tout cela marche très bien, et ne s'épuise pas vu que le jeu est très court. C'est un service continuel qui peut fatiguer certains joueurs, qui ne sont pas affecté par le brisage du 4ème mur. J'ai était surpris par son efficacité, et pourtant je suis difficile sur ce qui me fait peur.

Le jeu parle de sujets taboo, qui sont trop peu traités dans le jeu vidéo (suicide, scarification, problèmes mentaux, abus de confiance, obsession dangereuse...), mais ces sujets sont survolés et je trouve ca vraiment dommage de ne pas avoir essayer, c'est un filon d'or laissé à l'abandon. Il y a bien des moments d'ouverture où Sayori nous parle de sa déprime, mais c'est trop rare dans le jeu. J'aurais aimé pouvoir choisir mon héroïne après la route commune, et voir ce que cache chacune d'elle.

Le jeu est vraiment court, et malgré les défauts que j'ai cité, c'est quand même une folie à vivre, comme un bad trip conscient et quasi sans danger, il faut pouvoir apprécier le mal dans certains moments. Le masochisme c'est comme le sucre. Chaque joueur devrait laisser sa chance à ce monstre, recommandez ce jeu au plus de monde possible dans la limite de la légalité.
  12. Jul 12, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! is a well-differentiated horror, aimed at psychological rather than physical horror.
    Then, with two acts, he sets the stage to terrify you, and to scare you sometimes.
    The second act manages to present a good psychological horror, with the kind that makes you gawk at various scenes that take place, and it's a lot more fast-paced.
    Now the first act is slow, cliché, and sometimes tedious.
    However, this can be easily forgiven when you remember that the game totally breaks everything you learned in the first act to the second, presenting its true horror.
    DDLC+ is a horror game that contains a painful beginning of discovery, which can turn many players away at its first impression, but those who keep focused, manage to be impressed, with the simple visuals and an ''updated'' terrifying mechanic.
  13. Nov 19, 2021
    Este juego es increíble, conmovedor, y todos deberían jugarlo alguna vez. Claro, es difícil que se experimente la sorpresa y plot twist, teniendo ya unos años desde su primera aparición. Sin embargo, apenas supe que tendría versión de paga, lo compré para apoyar al creador. Es un juegazo, y sin embargo, no considero que sea perfecto en las versiones de consola.

A l o que me refiero es

A l o que me refiero es que, obviando spoilers, el juego fue HECHO para jugarse en computador. Y la misma sensación no se transmite si en consola hay una pseudo máquina virtual al iniciar el juego.

Claro, se agradece el contenido extra, realmente es hermoso ver las historias previas a lo ya establecido en el juego. Sin embargo, el que haya nula interacción del jugador (sea por narrativa o no) se me hace algo aburrido, y decepcionante. Aún no estoy seguro si el juego en consola cuenta con contenido posterior a la historia principal, pero siendo honesto, ESO es lo que desearía de Doki Doki. Saber qué pasa después, qué ocurre con los personajes. Eso es lo que todos los fans se han preguntado por 3 años, y hasta han hecho mods en computador para satisfacer ese deseo.
  14. Dec 17, 2021
    First developing quite a notorious reputation as a free title, DDLC has finally made its disturbing way to Switch… and with a few extra bits of content to boot, though they’re just niceties and don’t really move the needle much. To be clear, the warnings shown before you play aren’t to be taken lightly, and this game should be avoided by people who aren’t quite mature or those withFirst developing quite a notorious reputation as a free title, DDLC has finally made its disturbing way to Switch… and with a few extra bits of content to boot, though they’re just niceties and don’t really move the needle much. To be clear, the warnings shown before you play aren’t to be taken lightly, and this game should be avoided by people who aren’t quite mature or those with depression or mental health problems as this is a title that will very likely trigger you in a serious way. All of that said, while in terms of pacing it isn’t a perfect game it’s also quite unsettling and will leave you with quite a bit to reflect on. That would include personal relationships, the mental health issues that can be around you beneath the surface, and certainly traditional romance games that DDLC starts out in the vein of but then takes an extremely hard and disturbing turn… or two, or three from. As someone who is steadily critical of semi-interactive visual novels you’d have to take this statement with a grain of salt, but by a fair margin this is the most compelling game associated with this genre I’ve ever seen, and its themes, imagery, and characters have a tendency to stick with you, pretty well no matter what specific paths you may choose. You’ll need to be sure to be patient, as signs of trouble don’t appear until maybe an hour in and it’ll take being over 90 minutes in before the rails fall off… but there’ll be no mistaking the point of no return and when it all goes to hell. It is absolutely not an experience appropriate for everyone but, for anyone who shouldn’t be avoiding it for various reasons stated above, I absolutely recommend it if you want a shock to your system and likely something to think about.

15. Feb 18, 2022
    Just Monika. Honestly i think this is the best game i've ever played. The details are on another level! It also discusses some good topics.
  16. Apr 26, 2022
    This is a great game, but I personally prefer the original. The bonus content is great, but it doesn't have the same feel as if you were actually on a PC.
  17. May 27, 2022
    This game is essentially the original game, with bonus content. Despite that, I just like the original more. I think you need to play it on the computer to get the feel that was intended.
  18. Jun 10, 2022
    Honestly, I think it's a game that needs to be contextualized. I played it for the first time on NIntendo Switch, many years after it was first released on PC.

Doki Doki is a game that is meant to be played on PC, since its greatest strength and, what makes it so special for so many people, ONLY makes sense if you're playing it on PC (Obviously I'm not going to spoiler). For me it

For me it was a bit disappointing, since the big plot-twist that takes place in the story comes to be something I've already seen many other times in other games and it' s not a surprise. Although I understand that in the past it was very surprising and original for many people. That's why I think it has to be contextualized.
  19. Aug 1, 2022
    the characters are not good. i really cant enjoy this game because how easy looks

Generally favorable reviews - based on 14 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 23, 2022
    Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! is a great visual novel that we have loved, essential for all fans of the genre and highly recommended for those who are interested in discovering it.
  2. Nintendo Force Magazine
    Oct 7, 2021
    If you're a mature gamer (I can't recommend this game to anyone still in high school, considering some of the subject matter that gets explored within) and you're looking for a horror story that doesn't depend on cheap shots or jump scares to entertain, then I'd suggest joining the Doki Doki Literature Club. [Issue #55 – October 2021, p. 72]
  3. Jul 7, 2021
    It does not pull it off as effectively as the original PC version for what I think are obvious reasons, but it works well enough. This is a decent way to play Doki Doki Literature Club if it’s your preferred option, and you definitely should play it. As long as you’re okay with some heavy, mature content, anyway. This is more of a horror story than anything else despite its candy-colored appearance. But it is an incredible one, and one that could really only be done in the medium of video games.