6.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jun 5, 2019
    There is no doubt this game is much funner if you have knowledge on the Fate universe. With that being said this is a solid musou game that greatly improves over the first game Umbral Star. However, I didn't enjoy the story nearly as much in this one as Umbral Star. Umbral Star has a lot more of the qualities you would find in a VN than Link, but Link has by far the better combat system,There is no doubt this game is much funner if you have knowledge on the Fate universe. With that being said this is a solid musou game that greatly improves over the first game Umbral Star. However, I didn't enjoy the story nearly as much in this one as Umbral Star. Umbral Star has a lot more of the qualities you would find in a VN than Link, but Link has by far the better combat system, and also quite a good list of servants my favorite addition being Scathatch. This is a very fun and entertaing musou game with a somewhat underwhelming story. People without knowledge of Fate universe will have a harder time enjoying this game, but I don't think it is completely necessary. If you are a fan of any Musou games like Dynasty Warriors, or are a fan of the Fate franchise you will have a great time with this game. Umu! Expand
  2. Apr 27, 2020
    Very great experience that I thoroughly enjoyed. A great selection of characters, and I especially loved the noble phantasms. I would recommend this to any Fate fan!

Mixed or average reviews - based on 9 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 17, 2019
    Fate/Extella Link lands on the Nintendo Switch with the deserved distinction of being the most content-full game of the series when it comes to characters and their variety and a myriad of customization options that will make the delights of Fate fans. On top of that, the improvements made to the combat system and its sharper controls make Fate/Extella Link a game that fully deserves its place in the collection of every single Fate fan out there.
  2. Jun 17, 2019
    Whilst the muddled story that immediately assumes you know the lore found in previous titles limits the draw of the campaign, Fate/EXTELLA LINK easily provides a surprisingly deep, content-rich adventure that is certain to become a time-sink should you let yourself go unchecked.
  3. Jun 4, 2019
    Considering the multitude of Dynasty Warriors-type games out there, Fate/EXTELLA LINK manages to stand out from the crowd with its refined and addicting gameplay and combat. Fan of Musou titles or the Fate series should find plenty of satisfaction with this. Completing every stage of the game’s main story takes about fifteen hours, yet players can spend much more time completing the side missions, unlocking the costumes, and increasing their bond levels with Servants. The game does get repetitive fast, but the fast-paced action and short missions are enough to keep players thoroughly entertained, especially in short bursts.