8.4

1. Jul 27, 2019
    I loved how the game constantly keeps you doing so many things, that you end up knowing every corner of the map
  2. Jul 26, 2019
    Amazing game. I've been waiting to see what this game could offer, especially on the nintendo switch and I have to say that it did not disappoint me at all. The soundtrack is phenomenal, I used to listen to FE Echoe's ost religiously but boy was I not ready for TH's soundtrack. The writing seems to be alot better than fate's and I definitely enjoyed TH a lot more than awakening and echoes.Amazing game. I've been waiting to see what this game could offer, especially on the nintendo switch and I have to say that it did not disappoint me at all. The soundtrack is phenomenal, I used to listen to FE Echoe's ost religiously but boy was I not ready for TH's soundtrack. The writing seems to be alot better than fate's and I definitely enjoyed TH a lot more than awakening and echoes. Of course there's alot that can be improved on but for me, this is easily my top fire emblem game so far. Personally, I really enjoyed this game and I hope others will too. My favourite switch game so far.

For those who didn't like the new changes to fire emblem/want to go back to the tellius series, you have to agree that awakening made the series more popular than it already was. Awakening wasn't the best fire emblem I played too, but I didn't mind trying the new features and gave it a go instead of whinging. Plus if you viewed it less as some weeaboo waifu bs and more as Support dialogues (which past games had too) it wouldn't be too bad. Having houses/school life/magic =/= harry potter btw
  3. Jul 26, 2019
    Perfection. The people who give this game any less than a 9 is a complete moron especially if all the critics can't see the epicness fantasy in this masterpiece !
  4. Jul 26, 2019
    Really great game! I can’t believe how well they’ve been able to work the story and gameplay together. The series is definitely on the uptick and this game hopefully will be one of many to come on the Nintendo Switch! Everything is just so well done. All the way down to the minor details. The relationships you can establish is just amazing!
  5. Jul 26, 2019
    This is my first FE game. Going into this I wasn't expecting much... but man was I wrong. This is the perfect tactical strategy game, I've been playing for 8 hours straight and I am seriously impressed with how well the gameplay mechanics work, how well written and developed the characters are, how harmonious yet chaotic the music is and even how well it is visually which to be honest IThis is my first FE game. Going into this I wasn't expecting much... but man was I wrong. This is the perfect tactical strategy game, I've been playing for 8 hours straight and I am seriously impressed with how well the gameplay mechanics work, how well written and developed the characters are, how harmonious yet chaotic the music is and even how well it is visually which to be honest I was worried about. There are even Persona inspired elements to it which I love. I'm 8 hours in, and I loving every moment of it. The fact that there are three choices scares me as I could be playing this for 100s of hours. Get this as soon as possible, its a Switch must own title. 10/10 Expand
  6. Jul 26, 2019
    I am not a big fan of SRPG games. I also wasnt familiar with FE series. However I decided to try this one because everyone around me was hyped and i wanted to find out what this game really is. Turned out....this game was master piece. The most important thing is this game is super addictive!!!! Characters, game mechanics, music, artworks, story ...everything is so harmonious. Just stopI am not a big fan of SRPG games. I also wasnt familiar with FE series. However I decided to try this one because everyone around me was hyped and i wanted to find out what this game really is. Turned out....this game was master piece. The most important thing is this game is super addictive!!!! Characters, game mechanics, music, artworks, story ...everything is so harmonious. Just stop hesitating! Go get this title Expand
  7. Jul 26, 2019
    I am 8 hours (about 3 chapters ) in and the game is fantastic from presentation,music, characters, content, gameplay and even story or lore for as much as I was able to get from them so far. Gameplay wise I am so happy to see that the mechanics are simple as long as you understand what combat arts and battalions are - no buffs and debuffs, no stupid weapon drawbacks like in Fates, overallI am 8 hours (about 3 chapters ) in and the game is fantastic from presentation,music, characters, content, gameplay and even story or lore for as much as I was able to get from them so far. Gameplay wise I am so happy to see that the mechanics are simple as long as you understand what combat arts and battalions are - no buffs and debuffs, no stupid weapon drawbacks like in Fates, overall no weird gimmicks. I love the different activities that you can do in order to make your characters better. For those who do not like the social aspect do not worry it is not mandatory but you will have a better experience and better units if you do them. I have to say that in 8 hours I had like 5 battles in total but I did not feel bored of doing the social activities because the social activities helped me earn money, items and of course improve my characters weapon proficiencies in order to be able to have better units in battle. I chose the Black Eagles but I love all the characters because each and any one of them is unique. I look forward to see what is going to happen later in the story and there has to be something awful happening later in order to change my opinion and give it a lower rating. Overall if you are into strategic rpgs and probably let's say you played games like persona you should definitely pick this game up. Expand
  8. Jul 26, 2019
    Very revolutionary when compares to prev FE games. The 2 delays for this game is very much worth it. Another proof that a delayed game is better than a rush one. Team Queen Edelgard here!
  9. Jul 26, 2019
    This is the best fire emblem ever...the botw fire emblem!! Intelligent systems has made a huge work!
  10. Jul 26, 2019
    I was waiting a fire emblem, a tactical game not a simulator/rpg, the animations ist i was expected dont looks so smoth, the videos are in 20/30 fps, i was expecting more.
  11. Jul 26, 2019
    Ive loved FireEmblem for years now, long before IntelligentSystems brought it to the west. This is definitely a return to form for the series! And Im so glad its hit home consoles again! Not gunna go in to it too much but after seeing a few super negative comments and reviews I had to step in and say don't believe them, buy this game, buy it now!
  12. Jul 26, 2019
    I was apprehensive about this game at first but man they did a great job making stats fun. Basically incorporating fun charming gameplay elements to mundane rpg mechanics. The English voice acting is top notch. Just downright fantastic. The music is great too.

The game is full of content. It won’t disappoint.
  13. Jul 26, 2019
    Perfect game, it's a must buy on Switch the same way as Zelda BoTW and Mario Odyssey
  14. Jul 29, 2019
    UPDATE after 25 hours in.
    The game is a mix of chess, RPG elements and anime drama.
    I'm enjoying everything so far, and even if i hate weeb culture i find the characters fun. I'm playing in hard mode and the difficulty is literally perfect, even side missions are a challenge and you need to evaluate every move. This is the only game since Botw that hooked me, once a start playing it's
    UPDATE after 25 hours in.
    The game is a mix of chess, RPG elements and anime drama.
    This is the only game since Botw that hooked me, once a start playing it's hard to stop, it gives you a ton of different things to do, resulting in an experience that will hardly bore the player.
    Overall i'l give this a 9, for me a 10 is only for masterpieces and perfect games and this is not one, but i could change my mind once i finish it.
  15. Jul 26, 2019
    Realmente esta es la cima de lo que odio en la saga actual de Fire Emblem, extraño la época de Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, en donde la estética no pretendía parecer un anime genérico de temporada, lleno de waifus, husbandos y tramas adolescentes. Extraño las historias serias y profundas sobre la guerra y la condición humana ante esta, y no este bodrio calcado de Harry Potter. DeboRealmente esta es la cima de lo que odio en la saga actual de Fire Emblem, extraño la época de Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, en donde la estética no pretendía parecer un anime genérico de temporada, lleno de waifus, husbandos y tramas adolescentes. Extraño las historias serias y profundas sobre la guerra y la condición humana ante esta, y no este bodrio calcado de Harry Potter. Debo admitir que la academia y los cambios al sistema de batalla son geniales y necesarios, pero entre que la esencia vieja de la saga se ha perdido desde Awakening, y el hecho de que este nuevo FE sigue arruinando sus raíces con simuladores de citas cuando esto debería ser un juego de guerra (y los malos gráficos y cinemáticas capadas a 15 FPS para parecer anime), no puedo disfrutar este juego, como iteracion de la saga me sigue decepcionando, esta saga ya ni debería llamarse Fire Emblem.

English Traslation: This is really the peak of what I hate in the current Fire Emblem saga, I miss the era of Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, where the artstyle didn't pretend to look like a generic seasonal anime, full of waifus, husbandos and teenager plots. I miss the serious and profound stories about war and the human condition before it, and not this of Harry Potter tracing. I must admit that the academy and the changes to the battle system are great and necessary, but between that the old essence of the saga has been lost since Awakening, and the fact that this new FE continues to ruin its roots with dating simulators when this It should be a war game (and the bad graphics and cinematic scenes at 15 FPS to look like anime), I cannot enjoy this game, as iteration of the saga continues to disappoint me, this saga should not even be called Fire Emblem.
  16. Jul 26, 2019
    This games has what some would say a slow start but in the second part it is phenomenal
  17. Jul 26, 2019
    Fantastic game, one of the best entrance in the Fire Emblem series. Great music, amazing story telling and voice acting, nice character development. A must buy on Switch for people who like strategic games
  18. Jul 26, 2019
    The anime aesthetic, the cliche characters, the typical husbandos and waifus, the same pairing and friendship system that we have complained about so much since the saga changed radically in Awakening, this game is the peak of the degradation of the franchise, and a clear proof that the saga never returned to its basic and original essence. It's a good game, but a bad Fire Emblem, and asThe anime aesthetic, the cliche characters, the typical husbandos and waifus, the same pairing and friendship system that we have complained about so much since the saga changed radically in Awakening, this game is the peak of the degradation of the franchise, and a clear proof that the saga never returned to its basic and original essence. It's a good game, but a bad Fire Emblem, and as Fire Emblem I will judge it. Expand
  19. Jul 26, 2019
    Graphics and animations have progressed from those of FEs on 3DS.
    But level design,system, and UI became worse.
  20. Jul 26, 2019
    It's not the best Fire Emblem, and nor is't close to being one of the best, this saga has lost every drop of its essence and original charm. I've played it for several hours and I can come to the conclusion that it's more of the same anime weaboo pandering, Fire Emblem will be Fire Emblem again when they worry about creating mature stories and stop implementing dating systems.
  21. Jul 26, 2019
    I thought it would be a good fusion of what Tellius was on the Wii with the mechanics of handheld consoles, but the central mechanics of the game have not finished curdling for me. Previous games like Shadows of Valentia were much better, people are giving this game a very high score. I think it's a pretty deficient Fire Emblem to call it the "best."
  22. Jul 26, 2019
    I don't like that the artstyle is so influenced in the current and modern anime, I miss when the FE's had a unique style, and I don't see sense in the cinematics at 15 FPS with the intention of looking like a generic CGI of cheap anime, that without counting the strong tendency of the last Fire Emblem's to put a dating simulator, I expected that with this game such a trend will change, butI don't like that the artstyle is so influenced in the current and modern anime, I miss when the FE's had a unique style, and I don't see sense in the cinematics at 15 FPS with the intention of looking like a generic CGI of cheap anime, that without counting the strong tendency of the last Fire Emblem's to put a dating simulator, I expected that with this game such a trend will change, but it is more of the same that I don't like. Expand
  23. Jul 26, 2019
    It's not the best that the saga has given us (the people are exaggerating), it really drags the same mistakes that the franchise has since the 3DS, games the Tellius saga I liked more than this.
  24. Jul 26, 2019
    It's ridiculous how they overvalue this game, it's really not that good, the story is not the best in the saga, the artstyle is poor and generic, and the gameplay is somewhat broken.
  25. Jul 26, 2019
    The three m/m romance options are terrible. One lady boy and two OLD UGLY men and none of them are important characters. Meanwhile, to satisfy the straight male fantasy, the female/female options are all major characters and conventionally attractive and there's FIVE of them. You could say, "well at least they included it" but this is way worse than that. This is just insulting. FireThe three m/m romance options are terrible. One lady boy and two OLD UGLY men and none of them are important characters. Meanwhile, to satisfy the straight male fantasy, the female/female options are all major characters and conventionally attractive and there's FIVE of them. You could say, "well at least they included it" but this is way worse than that. This is just insulting. Fire emblem was on the verge of becoming extinct before awakening came out. I wish they would have. Expand
  26. Jul 26, 2019
    It's not possible that a Switch game can have these graphics, it's a shame that there are games like Super Mario Odissey or Zelda Breath of the Wild, and Fire Emblem has not made the leap that they gave, I feel it's a 3DS game in HD and slightly polished, they are not worth the $60. It's an outdated game and a previous generation in the technical aspect.
    Besides that the story is generic,
    Besides that the story is generic, boring, with poor writing, if the game doesn't enter for my eyes, less it enters me through its narrative, its afwul.
  27. Jul 26, 2019
    This is not REAL Fire Emblem, it is some Harry Potter style school nonsense! Bring back Path of Radiance era Fire Emblem.
  28. Aug 9, 2019
    All I can say is that Fire Emblem Three Houses nailed it in every aspect of the game, from the character design, unique classes, character progression and the story. For anyone who's not familiar about the Fire Emblem series and want to get into the game, this is a really good game to jump into, It have a beginner friendly mode where you can choose to prevent permanent death and it doesAll I can say is that Fire Emblem Three Houses nailed it in every aspect of the game, from the character design, unique classes, character progression and the story. For anyone who's not familiar about the Fire Emblem series and want to get into the game, this is a really good game to jump into, It have a beginner friendly mode where you can choose to prevent permanent death and it does not require you to play the previous installment to know the story since Three Houses is pretty much a stand alone game without any reference from the pass Fire Emblem games. With the addition of the monastery in the latest installment of Fire Emblem, it give players the freedom to interact with your favorite characters, doing side quest and leveling up your stats. The monastery could feel a little overwhelming at first, but it won't be long before the players get used to it. Unlike the previous Fire Emblem games, you are given much more freedom in term of selecting what classes you want to assign your units and there isn't to much of a restriction which I for once welcome the change. In Three Houses they have add in many more addition to the gameplay, one of the example is the addition of "Adjutant" which is a new gameplay mechanics that was not in the previous Fire Emblem series which you are allowed to assign this adjutant to accompany your units into battles. As for the story in the games goes, without spoiling anything it is as good as it can get which is what you would normally expect from a Fire Emblem game. There's a lot of replay value for the game as well since there's a total of three houses to pick from and with each of their own unique stories and endings.

My personal verdict
    Soundtrack - 8/10
    Characters - 9/10
    Story - 10/10
    Game Play - 10/10
    Re-playable Value - 10/10
  29. Aug 7, 2019
    Well where to start.. Just finished the game (Golden Deer route) and wanted to share my thoughts on it. I've been waiting for a console FE ever since the Tellius games so it is not an understatement to say the hypetrain was REAL when they announced Three Houses. After finishing this game in about 2 weeks my opinion of it is generally positive, altough I do have some pretty big issues withWell where to start.. Just finished the game (Golden Deer route) and wanted to share my thoughts on it. I've been waiting for a console FE ever since the Tellius games so it is not an understatement to say the hypetrain was REAL when they announced Three Houses. After finishing this game in about 2 weeks my opinion of it is generally positive, altough I do have some pretty big issues with a few elements. I guess Ill just list them all:

Gameplay
    The gameplay is goddamn amazing and classic Fire Emblem with some extra mechanics to keep it fresh. I absolutely love the way they implemented the skill and ability system, they felt really thought out and added some extra tactical choices during combat. I also liked how magic is handled in this game, the unit hets a set amount of magic uses per fight and it automatically replenishes after the chapter has ended. This way the amount of weapon maintenance you have to do is greatly lessened, which is very much appreciated.

Story
    The story for me felt a little bit underwhelming, maybe I need to play all 3 routes to get the full experience but for now I am not very impressed. It is your typical good guys vs evil empire story with a few twists I saw coming from a mile away. none of it felt very fresh and at times I noticed I did not really care all that much which is a shame because this series is capable of telling amazing stories like the Tellius games for example.

Characters
    The character writing was okay, I liked a few characters but at the same time some felt really flat and generic to me. I watch a lot of anime so I immediately recognised the typical anime-quirks like the 'shy girl' and the 'always hungry guy'. I did really like the character of Claude and his arc though so it is a mixed bag for me. The avatar character was boring, not much more to say on that.

Some problems I had:

The castle/calendar system worked really well in the beginning but got really really stupid after the time skip.. Waiting a whole month between each event made no sense story wise and I wish they would have implemented another mechanic to replace the calendar witch just a normal base to prepare between battles (like in the Tellius games. made way more sense and gave a feeling of urgency and momentum.) Or maybe do multiple mission events during the month instead of just one at the end each time.

Another problem I had was the difficulty, I found this game to be extremely easy. SO much that it made me bored sometimes during battles because my army was so damn OP I could just slaughter the enemy without much thought. I know it might be easier for me since I played a lot of FE games but when I breeze though a game even on hard classic mode they really need to balance the game better.

And lastly the level design felt really uninspired to me, aside from a few memorable maps they all felt really 'meh' to me. They had so much opportunity to implement some creative maps with cool objectives like maybe a 'capture the flag' type of chapter or puzzles or anything other than 'defeat enemy captain'... Like really 9/10 chapters is just either rout the enemy or defeat the commander. This combined with uninspired level design made some chapters kinda boring and the only thing that kept me going was the amazing battle mechanics.

So, even though I have some issues I really enjoyed the game overall. I hope this entry will re-awaken the love for console FE games and I really really hope the developers will do some creative stuff next game. And please GIVE US A FULL MAIN CHARACTER GAIN .. Im tired of these soulless avatars :(
  30. Aug 5, 2019
    So i loved this game at first, easily put my first 20 hours in. Then i hit a wall and was overwhelmed by the monotonous feel of the monastery/relationship building, and fetch quests.

The battles are fun but feel like they don't happen often enough between story telling and free time.

Super slog feel, but if you like visual novels this game is amazing.
  31. Aug 8, 2019
    This review is intended for people who are new to the Fire Emblem franchise (since this was my first Fire Emblem game). I would highly recommend this game. After sixty hours, Fire Emblem Three Houses has become my favorite game on the switch. It feels vastly different from any other game in my library.

Pros Likable Characters Impressive Customization Addictive Strategy Cons

Pros
    Likable Characters
    Impressive Customization
    Addictive Strategy

Cons
    Graphics felt like they could have been smoother (though the cutscenes were beautiful)
    The stages and soundtrack were great--I would have liked to have seen more
    The interface takes some getting used to

The game plays exactly as marketed. What drew me into this game was its comparison to Persona 5. In previous Fire Emblem games, I wasn't interested enough to spend the money on the game because the game seemed to be a grind. More and more combat. The franchise took a risk in the development of this game and I believe paid off. If you're new to this game, this is a good game to start as it is the only Fire Emblem that doesn't enforce permadeath.

Lastly, please be aware that the game came out on July 26th. The reviews feel like a bunch of 0s and 10s, and most came out around the 26th. If you're looking into the game, I would recommend looking into the critic section as the critics were thorough and fair in their reviews.
  32. Aug 8, 2019
    Easily the best game to come out on the Switch this year and a top 3 game for the system. The story is wonderful full of great characters and with tons of replay ability as there are 3 factions to take through it, each with their own perspective on the things happening. The battle system has been simplified a bit from previous games but it still works very well. This is easily the totalEasily the best game to come out on the Switch this year and a top 3 game for the system. The story is wonderful full of great characters and with tons of replay ability as there are 3 factions to take through it, each with their own perspective on the things happening. The battle system has been simplified a bit from previous games but it still works very well. This is easily the total package for SRPG fans. There are some very minor annoyances that creep up here and there but they are negligible compared to the rest of the game. If you own and Switch, and are even sort of a fan of the FE games, this is a no brainer. Expand
  33. Aug 14, 2019
    I am overall very disappointed in this title but dont let my 5/10 score deter you from trying it yourself as some of what I dislike about it many will like and see as positives. I have been very disappointed with almost all fire emblems since radiant dawn on the wii. Fire emblem path of radiance is the pinnacle of this series as well as fire emblem 4 geneology of the holy war but now sinceI am overall very disappointed in this title but dont let my 5/10 score deter you from trying it yourself as some of what I dislike about it many will like and see as positives. I have been very disappointed with almost all fire emblems since radiant dawn on the wii. Fire emblem path of radiance is the pinnacle of this series as well as fire emblem 4 geneology of the holy war but now since the success of awakening on 3ds the focus of the fire emblem games has shifted in a direction I could not care less about. I see fire emblem as strategy games with unit customisation and military style stories with perhaps some magic and fantasy mixed in. However as years have gone by they are turning them into silly dating/life sim/ strategy games. I like the strategy but none of the rest. The game constantly buries you in mind numbingly boring busy work that you need to click through to get to the meat of the game which is the battles and main story segments. As each new fire emblem title comes out there seems to be more and more fat added on and less and less meat. This is the current state of fire emblem 3 houses, half a strategy game with interesting story (it actually is a cool story ) and half boring meaningless chit chat, teaching, fishing, gardening, singing and ...jesus......what were they thinking! so 5/10 seems fair to me, half the game is good, half is bad. Oh and dont get me started on adding in a rewind mechanic if you make a mistake. No more careful pondering over your decisions, just try whatever you like, its fine, if you die you can rewind. can turn permadeath off too, just as that was introduced in the 3ds titles, another unwelcome edition, Expand
  34. Aug 9, 2019
    Game is really overrated. The writing and characters are terrible, the graphics contain many obvious 3DS assets, the difficulty is non-existent, and the repeated "exploration" of the same area doing menial tasks is a terrible mechanic.
  35. Aug 8, 2019
    This game is so cool, nintendo games are exactly what they tell you they are, I was really hyped for this game and was not disappointed at all, I never thought turn based combat could be this intense. This really is the ultimate Fire Emblem game. This game took this entire franchise onto another level.
  36. Aug 8, 2019
    Fire Emblem Three Houses is a fantastic strategy RPG that redefines the series and takes it to new heights. The monastery is a great mechanic, offering more tension in between story elements as characters in the world interact with you about the mission ahead and you take part in various activities. Previous games could drag mission to mission, never really giving you a second to take itFire Emblem Three Houses is a fantastic strategy RPG that redefines the series and takes it to new heights. The monastery is a great mechanic, offering more tension in between story elements as characters in the world interact with you about the mission ahead and you take part in various activities. Previous games could drag mission to mission, never really giving you a second to take it all in. The world building is much better than previous entries, backed by a shocking amount of voice-acted lines. This makes supports feel more dynamic (along with superior writing), and characters are brought to life like never before. These supports are also great in adding new perspective to and deepening characters, making it feel like you're understanding someone better when they do certain actions in the story (and if you don't do the supports, you might feel a different way about a character, which ties into the greater theme very cleverly.) I especially love how they find a way to incorporate everyone into the story, whereas previous games characters could just show up one mission and be forgotten about. The gameplay is much more refined, taking the best from Shadows of Valentia and Fates. The new class system is very flexible and fun, and it rewards a savvy player for exploiting a characters stats and abilities by letting them craft some VERY strong units. I do wish the player character, Byleth, had more personality to him/her, it feels a little odd when you just stand there blank while everyone else is talking. The game is self-aware, at least, and other characters crack jokes about how boring and serious Byleth is. Otherwise, the story is shockingly deep for video game standards. There are some heavy themes, and the game asks the player a lot of hard questions both in the gameplay and in the story. Although you can enjoy every house's story on their own, I would recommend completing all the houses to see the whole story and tie into the greater theme. The game does have some graphical and framerate issues in the monastery, but none of it felt that bothersome. i was very impressed with Three Houses, and despite a couple hiccups, the game is one of the strongest of the year so far. Expand
  37. Aug 7, 2019
    It's a fun tactical rpg game and in my opinion one of the best fire emblem games in the series. Teaching all my students how I wanted to teach them was a fun and new aspect of the game I can really appreciate. Also in onl school for emblem manor S support with your units can result in a love/marriage scene that I can really appreciate. The style and the way the game is played out makes itIt's a fun tactical rpg game and in my opinion one of the best fire emblem games in the series. Teaching all my students how I wanted to teach them was a fun and new aspect of the game I can really appreciate. Also in onl school for emblem manor S support with your units can result in a love/marriage scene that I can really appreciate. The style and the way the game is played out makes it unique and fun to play again and again trying all 3 houses. Expand
  38. Aug 15, 2019
    Let me preface by saying - I have been playing Fire Emblem since Path of Radiance. Been playing RPGs since NES. I have never reviewed a video game before, and created an account specifically for this. Love Fire Emblem series... or should I say I used to? Below is my breakdown on this game:

Pros: -Nice graphics. -Fun additions to battles, including specialized items, new job class

Pros:
    -Nice graphics.
    -Fun additions to battles, including specialized items, new job class promotion routes, and gambits.
    -Interesting new main plot storyline with fun characters and an interesting, fresh setting.

Cons:
    -Exploring is tedious. Monastery feels like an early beta release. If you are obsessive like me, you will comb this monastery many many times over looking for insignificant items, only to inexplicably miss a support or story line item because it's not clear what conversation choices will be received well

-A high focus on cheesy, terrible relationship building and chatter that is absolutely miserable to follow. This seems geared towards a small niche of people.

-Side jobs that could be fun - gardening, fishing, building your professor ranking - seems interesting at first. Gardening is a chore with no finesse, fishing feels rushed and has no interest, and bears very little reward. Tournaments are simple - throw your strongest character in regardless of weapon (Or magic user) and smash B button to make it go fast. Also very little reward.

-Character progression ends on some truly odd "Master classes". Sword and magic? Reason based attack classes? These demand you be poor at multiple skills instead of good or great at any one.

-Tea time; Seminars; Instruction; weekly tasks; these are all a complete drag.

-Shorter significant story line, which I suppose is supplemented by multiple houses (Storyline playthroughs) and all the dating-game nonsense? I hope you liked scumming the monastery for items and conversations 15+ times on your first playthrough, because there are more playthroughs after that.

-Very, very easy.

Summary: The main storyline has some fun aspects and battle is neat, albeit easy. But know that you are buying more of an anime dating game rather than a legitimate, gritty, difficult entry into what was an amazing series. My suggestion: Don't waste your money.
  39. Jul 27, 2019
    This is one of the best Fire Emblem games I've played in a while.
    This is one of the best Fire Emblem games I've played in a while.
    First of all, all the guys judging the story... UGH. WHY ARE YOU CRITICIZING THE STORY OF AN 80 HOURS LONG GAME WHEN YOU HAVE PLAYED 10 OR EVEN LESS. All of you who have been saying things like "uhhm I miss radiant dawn era when the story was about the cruelty of the war and..." OH BOY, THIS GAME (specially after 30-40 hours in) IS MORE MATURE THAN HALF OF THE GAMES IN THE SAGA. Incluiding your f***ing radiant dawn. I would mention why but, oops, spoilers.
    I'm not gonna judge you if you don't like the dating system, how the game plays in the monastery, the "anime" visuals or how the UI is managed, because those are things that each person will like more or less, but that's not a reason to give it a zero.
  40. Jul 28, 2019
    There seems to be a lot of low reviews for this as people are annoyed others are giving it ten. To each their own! But its a great game with a lot of good battle mechanics and a hell of a story!
  41. Jul 28, 2019
    One of the best Fire Emblem to date, comparisons with PERSON 5 are obvious but that only flaunts the quality of this game.
    Recommended for all who start in this saga for its flexible difficulty levels and for veterans of the saga like me its hard mode does not deseprate at all.
  42. Jul 28, 2019
    This is everything you could ever want from a strategy JRPG! There’s so much to do and all of it is really fun! There’s so much to learn and manage and the replay ability is insane! Amazing voice acting and music! Nintendo’s best game since Mario Odyssey
  43. Jul 28, 2019
    Great game with engaging gameplay akin to what the series is known for, while adding new features such as the monestary that engage you just as much. You could lose hours to this game! Easily became my favorite in the series!
  44. Jul 28, 2019
    Such a fun game! I love the customizability and the characters are great. The art design and story will ken keep you entertained for hours!
  45. Jul 29, 2019
    Excellent game. Like-able characters, accessible game play. Don't listen to the negative user reviews, developers are allowed to iterate on their game designs and try new things. The whole school aspect is a more fresh approach to the series and lends it a level of depth that I find welcoming. It allows you to feel like you are getting to know these characters well, and then as the storyExcellent game. Like-able characters, accessible game play. Don't listen to the negative user reviews, developers are allowed to iterate on their game designs and try new things. The whole school aspect is a more fresh approach to the series and lends it a level of depth that I find welcoming. It allows you to feel like you are getting to know these characters well, and then as the story progresses you feel very attached to what is going on.

The time rollback mechanic does mean the combat is much more forgiving than it has been in the past, but I would recommend this game as an introduction to the series to anyone. Well done Nintendo.
  46. Jul 28, 2019
    I've been following the Fire Emblem franchise since Awakening. After the disappointment that was Fates, Three houses felt like it managed to capture some of the magic that was in Awakening. My only gripe withthis game was that the second half felt a bit slower that the ironically calm first half
  47. Jul 28, 2019
    Simply the best SRPG of this generation. The gameplay, the story, and the characterization is superb.
  48. Jul 28, 2019
    Fire Emblem Three Houses es el mayor salto de la saga, en cuanto a lo visual, estético, exploración, gestión, simulación y lo más importante, rol táctico y estrategia. Referente del género.
  49. Jul 28, 2019
    I'm surprised to see so many babies giving this a zero after clearly not having even played it.

This is a strong contender for rpg of the year. Story is subjective and I'm not far enough in to state whether or not it's amazing but so far I'm really enjoying it, especially the characters. This is my first Fire Emblem so it's my first taste of this style of combat and I really like it

This is my first Fire Emblem so it's my first taste of this style of combat and I really like it a lot. I've spent a lot of time doing additional battles to level up my characters mainly because it's so much fun.
    There's also a lot to do around the monastery in the form of activities like fishing, studying, singing, eating, cooking or offering advice. This stuff is largely optional though so it can all be skipped quite easily. It does seem helpful as a means of boosting your team's motivation levels or giving them additional perks in battle.

Replayability seems to be one of the standout qualities of this game. I can easily see myself doing two or three playthroughs as there are different battles, characters, final bosses and endings.

My only criticism is that the beginning is quite slow and it'll take a while before you get to fight anyone but it's still been enjoyable throughout.
    Some people here seem to criticize it for borrowing ideas from Persona 5 but is that a bad thing? It's not like Persona is an annual franchise. There was an 8 year gap between persona 4 and 5... might be a while before we play another one so if other games want to take inspiration from it then they can go right ahead.
  50. Jul 28, 2019
    Has its flaws quests can be tedious and time consuming graphics need work but overall a fun experience love the battles dont see how this gets lower than an 8 it's great
  51. Jul 28, 2019
    This game is amazing the sound and music is great, the gameplay is outstanding, and the graphics and art style are pleasing to the eye. I would highly recommend this game to anyone that owns a switch.
  52. Jul 28, 2019
    The comment section is a dumpster fire lol. Don't listen to those guys, they're buthurt about the frachise trying to evolve. Currently 20 hours in and this game is pretty good.
  53. Jul 28, 2019
    I will keep this brief. This is honestly anything I could have asked from a game ever. I love strategy games, FE3H satisfies me there. I love Persona-like exploration and day to day activities (P5 on Switch PLEASE), FE3H satisfies me there. A interesting plot with deep and multidimensional characters, FE3H satsfies me there. Anime. Yes please. I’ve sank so much time into the game sinceI will keep this brief. This is honestly anything I could have asked from a game ever. I love strategy games, FE3H satisfies me there. I love Persona-like exploration and day to day activities (P5 on Switch PLEASE), FE3H satisfies me there. A interesting plot with deep and multidimensional characters, FE3H satsfies me there. Anime. Yes please. I’ve sank so much time into the game since release. I’ll be able to take it to work and play more at lunch. And I’m looking forward to that!! There is just so much to the game. So much things to do and see, I’m already planning my next play through!

If you are interested in what’s I briefly outlined, get the game. Please ignore all the 0/10 on this site because they are spam reviews and they don’t truly reflect the game.
  54. Jul 27, 2019
    An absolute beautiful masterpiece of a game, so much hate from the kids with no attention span. There isn't much I could say negative about this game it's perfect as a tactical rpg/ rpg! Being fully honest I may give this game a 9 due to some minor resolution/ visual and frame rate issues, but the graphics are really good, no it's not another open world game, boo hoo! Still I give it a 10An absolute beautiful masterpiece of a game, so much hate from the kids with no attention span. There isn't much I could say negative about this game it's perfect as a tactical rpg/ rpg! Being fully honest I may give this game a 9 due to some minor resolution/ visual and frame rate issues, but the graphics are really good, no it's not another open world game, boo hoo! Still I give it a 10 to balance all the undeserved 0s seriously people, must be special! Again this is a deserved masterpiece a work of art. Expand
  55. Jul 28, 2019
    What an excelent game. Deep characters, intriguing plot, and exciting gameplay. If you are an experienced Fire Emblem player, I suggest playing on hard mode. There are almost no problems with Fire Emblem Three Houses, it is a near perfect game. Don't let the first few trolls to review the game that gave it a 0 (no game like this deserves a 0 to even a 7) deter you from trying it. FireWhat an excelent game. Deep characters, intriguing plot, and exciting gameplay. If you are an experienced Fire Emblem player, I suggest playing on hard mode. There are almost no problems with Fire Emblem Three Houses, it is a near perfect game. Don't let the first few trolls to review the game that gave it a 0 (no game like this deserves a 0 to even a 7) deter you from trying it. Fire Emblem is possibly the most consistently great series of games out of any in the history of video games. Expand
  56. Jul 27, 2019
    It's a good game and haters are going to hate, has great gameplay, unique story and asthetically pleasing art style. There is more to life then Zelda, and Mario guys, who cares if smash has 7 Characters get over it
  57. Jul 27, 2019
    The best Fire Emblem game to date. Incredible depth, great playtime, enough features to get lost in without being overbearing. A must buy for the switch.
  58. Jul 28, 2019
    GameFAQS users are purposefully trolling the reviews, dropping 0s. If you want to read proper reviews, read the ones from the critics. I would rank this an 8.5 but am giving a 10 to balance out troll idiocy.
  59. Jul 28, 2019
    Best switch game released so far. The beggining of the game leaves the impression that the mechanic changed in comparison to previous games of the franchise. But as the game evolves, the battles become more numerous, if the player wishes.
  60. Jul 29, 2019
    Absolutely a better game than I was expecting. The story is better, the characters are better, the things you can spend your time on are far more engaging, and it is just a better game than I ever could have predicted. I do wish it didn't lag at some of the points where it does, but it's clear that that beyond that one fault, there really isn't anything wrong with the game, yet alone bad about it.
  61. Jul 28, 2019
    People who are giving this game a 0 (zero) is very disturbing (or just butt hurt individuals?)

No matter if its the audio, visuals or just the baseline combat system, this game deserves more than that. Its a nicely polished game that weaves interesting characters, stories and combat we love. The people who are complaining that the saga changed in 'Awakening' and degraded, are the

The people who are complaining that the saga changed in 'Awakening' and degraded, are the people who don't understand that Fire Emblem only survived BECAUSE of awakening. That was the game that kept this franchise from being closed down by Nintendo. So of course they are going to continue with the same formula that kept the game success. I'm glad they did :). This is a fun game, it may not be perfect due to how much it throws at you especially if you are new (I feel they could do better with this) but definitely 7/10 or higher score is well deserved.
  62. Jul 27, 2019
    People who gave it a bad score are those who are stuck in the past and rely on the same game mechanic each new release. Personally I've been a fan of fire emblem for a few generations now and I love the new game. The story, characters and style is a breath of fresh air for this underated game series.
  63. Jul 29, 2019
    N I C E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E e
  64. Jul 29, 2019
    So many games of this scale use NPCs as plot devices to put together a story. Others use annoyingly frequent cutscenes for character development. However, Fire Emblem Three Houses is the first game I've played where the NPCs are the main force driving the story forward. The characters are amazing, and character development happens through conversations. It reminds me of stardew valley inSo many games of this scale use NPCs as plot devices to put together a story. Others use annoyingly frequent cutscenes for character development. However, Fire Emblem Three Houses is the first game I've played where the NPCs are the main force driving the story forward. The characters are amazing, and character development happens through conversations. It reminds me of stardew valley in that regard. Characters are deep and their emotions are genuine. The phenomenal VA makes this game absurdly immersive.

I have never been a big fan of turn based combat or strategy focused games, but the combat in this game is simple enough to be enjoyed by anyone, and complex enough to be enjoyed by hardcore fans. I actually care about the characters, making battles all the more serious. I want my characters to succeed and stay alive because I can actually care about them. No other game has succeeded in that goal.

The performance is solid, although the textured are low-quality. However it's hard to dwell on these low-res textures because the character models are so absolutely fantastic.

I love this game so much, and chances are you will too.
  65. Jul 30, 2019
    I've been playing since Awakening. This is truly my favourite Fire Emblem game ever. Very polished, great balance between story and combat. Well worth the money
  66. Jul 27, 2019
    One of the best games I’ve ever played. The natural evolution of Fire Emblem. It even outdoes Persona at its own game. Just incredible. Lot of 0/10 review bombing from salty fanboys... you guys know the drill. Just look at all the people saying it’s a masterpiece. The choice of who you believe is up to you
  67. Jul 27, 2019
    Well... this whole section seems to be a big old dumpster fire. I would ignore all the 0 and 1, they are all pretty much fanboys from the pre-awakening that don't talk about the current game at all. If you are interested in all the salty tears, here are some of my favorite quotes:

"This is not REAL Fire Emblem, it is some Harry Potter style school nonsense!" - 1/10 "My faith for this

"My faith for this saga died from Awakening... in other J-RPG's I wouldn't criticize this" - 0/10

"I thought it would be a good fusion of what Tellius was on the Wii with the mechanics of handheld consoles, but the central mechanics of the game have not finished curdling for me." - 0/10

"Essentially without Persona 5 this game wouldn't be a thing...and if it was it would be rated much much lower" - 0/10

"It's a good game, but a bad Fire Emblem, and as Fire Emblem I will judge it." - 0/10

The list goes on and on, you can probably find a lot more than what I found.

If you somehow got here because you want my opinion on the game:
    It's a good game. It's pretty story heavy with a lot of cutscenes and dialogue, but I quite enjoy it. If the trailers look interesting this may be the game for you.
  68. Jul 27, 2019
    Espectacular! Juego de 10 , banda sonora de 10 y jugabilidad muy refinada muy RPG!
  69. Jul 27, 2019
    Played around 15 hours and I'm really engaged in the story. I'm really having fun with this title and I recommend it to those who love the genre
  70. Jul 28, 2019
    Está es la primera vez que me me meto de lleno en un fire emblem , ya había jugado entregas anteriores pero solo por pedazos así que no sabría bien si decir que es mejor o peor que entregas anteriores pero lo que si es que esta en especial me está gustando bastante desde las animaciones en batallas , la música y algo de l que algunos se quejan que es el estilo de animación que para miEstá es la primera vez que me me meto de lleno en un fire emblem , ya había jugado entregas anteriores pero solo por pedazos así que no sabría bien si decir que es mejor o peor que entregas anteriores pero lo que si es que esta en especial me está gustando bastante desde las animaciones en batallas , la música y algo de l que algunos se quejan que es el estilo de animación que para mi luce bastante bien , tal vez estoy adelantando conclusiones pues llevo apenas unas 8 horas en el juego , veré como progresa pero hasta ahora puedo decir que estoy satisfecho con el juego Expand
  71. Jul 28, 2019
    Absolutely amazing. The game starts quickly, letting you experience the action without the typical hour long tutorial and it hooks you almost right away. The opposite segments of school and combat are perfectly balanced so that it won't even feel like time is passing by. The story is excellent as well, with a sense of mystery that's very exciting. The reason this review is a 9 is becauseAbsolutely amazing. The game starts quickly, letting you experience the action without the typical hour long tutorial and it hooks you almost right away. The opposite segments of school and combat are perfectly balanced so that it won't even feel like time is passing by. The story is excellent as well, with a sense of mystery that's very exciting. The reason this review is a 9 is because there are occasionally a few graphical glitches or slowdowns, but they're minor. Expand
  72. Jul 27, 2019
    Not the best Fire Emblem in recent memory, but not even close to being a bad game. Three Houses feels like a huge step forward for the series, but still as the first of the franchise on the Switch, it has teething problems. I'd give the game a 10 except for two reasons, the battle scenes are not as polished as I would expect, and there is so much micro-managing that you need to do to getNot the best Fire Emblem in recent memory, but not even close to being a bad game. Three Houses feels like a huge step forward for the series, but still as the first of the franchise on the Switch, it has teething problems. I'd give the game a 10 except for two reasons, the battle scenes are not as polished as I would expect, and there is so much micro-managing that you need to do to get the most out of the game. I also dont know how welcoming this entry is for gamers that are new to the franchise, honestly I'd recommend grabbing Shadows or a slightly older game to get acquainted with the series before taking the dive into Three Houses. All in all I love this game and I look forward to what the future holds for FE. Expand
  73. Jul 31, 2019
    Outstanding gameplay. This game has me addicted moreso than any previous installment in the series. The addition of the training and social aspect of the academy is a welcome breath of fresh air. I find the school atmosphere vaguely (just vaguely) reminiscent of the Persona series, but the strategy and mechanics are definitely going to feel familiar and interesting to fans of the olderOutstanding gameplay. This game has me addicted moreso than any previous installment in the series. The addition of the training and social aspect of the academy is a welcome breath of fresh air. I find the school atmosphere vaguely (just vaguely) reminiscent of the Persona series, but the strategy and mechanics are definitely going to feel familiar and interesting to fans of the older games. The story is captivating, and I can feel myself conflicted during certain parts and empathizing with the characters I've met as well. Overall, I've found so far that this installment is more accessible to casual gamers and yet has more than enough to sink your teeth into for hardcore gamers. I can't think of anyone I wouldn't recommend it to. Expand
  74. Jul 29, 2019
    It's been a long time since a game has so completely engrossed me as Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I'm completely obsessed by the characters, the artwork, the world and the lore, the combat, the beautiful soundtrack, and the complex. multi-layered story. Koei Tecmo and Intelligent Systems joining forces to make this game was a brilliant idea, and the fruits of their labors are a game that isIt's been a long time since a game has so completely engrossed me as Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I'm completely obsessed by the characters, the artwork, the world and the lore, the combat, the beautiful soundtrack, and the complex. multi-layered story. Koei Tecmo and Intelligent Systems joining forces to make this game was a brilliant idea, and the fruits of their labors are a game that is chock full of content and replayability.

The smartest choice this game made was putting the characters front-and-center. Everyone in the cast is so well written and well developed that letting characters die is simply not an option like in previous Fire Emblem games. The voice acting is impeccable, and certainly sells each character. The game is fully voiced, and is a delight for the ears.

This game is a masterpiece, and one of the best games currently out for the Switch. Fire Emblem: Three Houses in a nutshell is Harry Potter meets Game of Thrones: The Anime. This is a game I'll be playing and replaying for years to come.
  75. Jul 29, 2019
    One of the best Fire Emblems ever made. If you're a fan of RPGs and strategy games then this is a must buy. If you like simulator games then this game is a must buy. If you like Persona then this game is a must buy. Seriously don't pass up on this game, you'll be playing it for over 100 hours if you want to. The story and characters are really engaging and interesting and the gameplay isOne of the best Fire Emblems ever made. If you're a fan of RPGs and strategy games then this is a must buy. If you like simulator games then this game is a must buy. If you like Persona then this game is a must buy. Seriously don't pass up on this game, you'll be playing it for over 100 hours if you want to. The story and characters are really engaging and interesting and the gameplay is tons of fun. One of the best games to come out this year. Expand
  76. Jul 30, 2019
    I made an account to just to review this game on here. I've been a Fire Emblem fan since FE7 released on the GBA and I've played at least 7 games so far, with this game easily in the top 3 alongside FE7 and Path of Radiance. The amount of love and care the developers put into this game is obvious, from the beautiful soundtrack, to the excellent writing, and stellar voice acting of theI made an account to just to review this game on here. I've been a Fire Emblem fan since FE7 released on the GBA and I've played at least 7 games so far, with this game easily in the top 3 alongside FE7 and Path of Radiance. The amount of love and care the developers put into this game is obvious, from the beautiful soundtrack, to the excellent writing, and stellar voice acting of the cast. I've played the game for about 25 hours so far and im totally hooked. Amazingly, I've also barely scratched the surface! The developers have added multiple branching paths to the story that genuinely pack a lot of unique content in. The replayability of this game is seriously mindboggling. So far my favorite parts of the game are the charming cast of characters. Knowing that I may soon be seeing some of my favorite characters on the opposite end of the battlefield with deadly results gives serious weight to the story and added great depth to the plot. My biggest gripes so far are the level design and the reuse of maps in side battles, though to be fair both of those issues are long standing problems in the series. Additionally the menus can be overwhelming at times and yet they often still lack some crucial information which leads to a lot of frustratimg flipping through menus. While certainly not perfect, this game is a huge step forward after the controversial Awakening and Fates, and it puts the series on strong footing. I am confident in the direction the series is now moving. Expand
  77. Jul 28, 2019
    Super fun and addictive game. The story is my favorite part. You get to engage with each and every character and build relationships. I could go on and on. Fun!!
  78. Jul 27, 2019
    The writing is really good , and the characters are really deep and interesting. The Gameplay is also very fun as well. This is a really good and true evolution of the series. My first fire emblem was fire emblem fates birthright. If you like that game you will definitely like this game too.
  79. Aug 1, 2019
    This is A GAME. I spent 30 hours playing since buying it 4 days ago. It so addictive, and good. Interesting characters, good story, deep and requiring strategy combat, lots of classes, Hogwarts-like hub with side-quests and dialogues, LOTS of replayability. I just finished my first play through and went to NG+ instantly. I never do things like this, but Three Houses makes me excited like a child.
  80. Jul 31, 2019
    I haven't finished the game yet, having played around 40 hours in 5 days, but I absolutely love this game. It's extremely addicting with lots of variety and replayability to explore the various houses and action choices throughout the campaign. It's a huge game with deep customization and just enough randomness to keep things interesting but fair.

I have found the characters and

I have found the characters and storyline to be far more engaging than in both Awakening and Fates, the two previous entries that I played. I am far more invested in the teaching Academy aspect than I expected to be.

My only complaints would be that hard difficulty is a bit easy if you do even a little bit of optimization of your time. Also that the UI is bad with regards to inventory management.
  81. Jul 31, 2019
    Definitely my GOTY for 2019, as I expected it to be.
    Right now, I'm 30 hours into the game and just got into Part 2 of the Blue Lions House.
    This is my first Fire Emblem game, and after I'm 'done' with this game, I'll certainly catch up on some of the older games. But damn, this game is great. The battles are quite fast, and I actually spend most of my time roaming around, looking for
    Definitely my GOTY for 2019, as I expected it to be.
    But damn, this game is great. The battles are quite fast, and I actually spend most of my time roaming around, looking for objects and talking with NPCs. The back stories of some of these characters are very interesting too.

And for the people who just want a pure Tactical-RPG experience...you can skip most(like 90%) of the cutscenes. And really focus on the training and battles. But believe me, you really want to train your characters.
  82. Jul 30, 2019
    One of the best JRPGS I ever played. Fire Emblem: Three Houses is truly a masterpiece in the franchise!
  83. Jul 30, 2019
    O jogo possui uma história que te cativa a ponto de você não conseguir mais parar de jogar, também possui uma jogabilidade ótima que não peca em nenhum sentido. Um dos únicos pontos negativos que encontrei nesse jogo foi o polimento dos gráficos que poderiam ser visualmente melhores
  84. Jul 31, 2019
    This Game is Fantastic

Pros

Being a Teacher is Fun
    Combat is good
    The Story is not a masterpiece but good enough to keep me interested in it

Cons

I haven't played any other FE Games, but I think that the Combat System in this Game comes a little short, not much but it could be better.
  85. Jul 29, 2019
    amazing game, the best fire emblem and one the best game of the year, great RPG and awesome duration.
  86. Jul 30, 2019
    It is a very impressive work in all its aspects, a pleasant evolution of the franchise, adapts to the gameplay of each user and will give you hundreds of hours.
  87. Jul 31, 2019
    Amazing game, very compelling story with outstanding visuals. This is the best the games have ever been. The problem with a game like this is that there are three different stories each one equally different so people may have different opinion based on the story. But I chose golden deer and am very pleased with how the story came out with that with that house. Also a majority of the badAmazing game, very compelling story with outstanding visuals. This is the best the games have ever been. The problem with a game like this is that there are three different stories each one equally different so people may have different opinion based on the story. But I chose golden deer and am very pleased with how the story came out with that with that house. Also a majority of the bad user reviews are from the 26th of july (the release date of the game) and are probably just complaining just trolls and probably havent gotten very far as it took me 60 hours to beat this game. Expand
  88. Jul 30, 2019
    Short Version: BUY IT!

PROS (Too Many to List Them All!) -In depth story -Characters extremely well written -Portability makes playing this long game easier -Graphics are a huge improvement over previous titles -Side activities (gardening, tea parties, lunch with students, etc.) -Excellent music -Excellent monastery atmosphere: Owls swoop overhead, Pegasus Knights ride the skies, students
    Short Version: BUY IT!

PROS (Too Many to List Them All!)
    -In depth story
    -Characters extremely well written
    -Portability makes playing this long game easier
    -Graphics are a huge improvement over previous titles
    -Side activities (gardening, tea parties, lunch with students, etc.)
    -Excellent music
    -Excellent monastery atmosphere: Owls swoop overhead, Pegasus Knights ride the skies, students laugh and have conversations.
    -Tutoring students
    -Combat is challenging and fun
    -Etc. (I could go on but i’d rather get back to watching Lord of the Rings)

CONS
    -WHY CAN’T WE PET THE DOGS AND CATS???
    -No main character voice acting
    -Very little main character facial expression (his face must be tired)
    -Too many names of obscure places and events in history. It’s difficult to keep track of lands, events, and even who some characters are when referenced in dialogue/books).
    -Too many names of noble families to keep track of who belongs where

Overall this is definitely a 10/10.
  89. Jul 28, 2019
    great music great gameplay and its fun, i thinks its bad to veteran cause they expectation way too high lol
  90. Jul 29, 2019
    By far the best video game I have ever played. They added elements from my old favorite game of all time, Persona 5, and added it to my favorite series. It will probably be another year until I play a different video game.
  91. Jul 30, 2019
    Hundreds of hours of content with free updates of maps/ harder difficulties coming, probably my favorite game of 2019 as it has already racked up the most hours on my switch.

Graphics are not amazing and yet the best graphics of the franchise, battle gameplay is good. exploration and supports are fun but also skippable You dont HAVE to spend an hour talking to everyone in the

exploration and supports are fun but also skippable You dont HAVE to spend an hour talking to everyone in the monastary each month especially on repeated playthroughs it just fleshes out the story more, large cast and freedom to assign their roles/recruit students from other houses as well as 4 story paths offer a lot of replayability.

new game + also helps bypass things you might find tedious your second or more playthrough

I am personally looking forward to the harder difficulties.

This game and franchise is not for everyone as it is 30 years old and has the mechanics of an older turn based game, something i prefer.

The graphics are not cutting edge, however they are not "ps2 level" and are the best the series has ever had, assuming you were able to play the previous games without hating their graphics i dont see the problem

The support conversations are not a majority waifu/husbando bait but if you don't like them you can just hit the start button and skip them with no penalty so i also don't see the issue here.

The characters have interesting designs and backstories and none of the three houses are purely good or evil, they all have their own circumstances and are various shades of gray.
  92. Aug 2, 2019
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses made me get into a Fire Emblem game, something I once thought impossible. With a plethora of interesting characters and dark mysteries, it is a must have.
  93. Jul 28, 2019
    Game is more of a 9 or 9.5 but have to give a 10 since all the 0s! I've played a lot of FE and welcome the changes made to the series. Been playing it 3 days straight. It's super addicting and rewards you for putting the time in. Hard classic mode is the regular mode you should be playing on if you're a veteran.
  94. Jul 29, 2019
    El mejor juego de la saga. Jugablemente tiene más posibilidades y profundidad que cualquier otro gracias a la gran personalización de las unidades que ofrece. Cada personaje es como un lienzo en blanco, una figura de barro que puedes moldear como quieras dándote así mucha libertad y rejugabilidad. Además toma como referencia Genealogy of the Holy War, lo cual es muy bueno. Los mapas estánEl mejor juego de la saga. Jugablemente tiene más posibilidades y profundidad que cualquier otro gracias a la gran personalización de las unidades que ofrece. Cada personaje es como un lienzo en blanco, una figura de barro que puedes moldear como quieras dándote así mucha libertad y rejugabilidad. Además toma como referencia Genealogy of the Holy War, lo cual es muy bueno. Los mapas están bien y la ayuda de Koei Tecmo se nota a la hora de representar batallas más realistas, con mayor sensación de guerra gracias a la presencia de los soldados menores. Quizá el juego es más fácil que otras entregas, pero se puede solucionar con una subida de dificultad.

El monasterio y su exploración son un gran añadido. Entretenido y complejo, que además puede amenizarse en caso de que no guste con la automatización de ciertas actividades. La referencia de Persona con el calendario y la interacción con los personajes se nota y se agradece. Es una buena forma de profundizar y empatizar con ellos.

La historia es muy interesante. Los personajes, aunque a priori parezcan genéricos y faltos de carisma, a medida que los vas conociendo también son interesantes. La banda sonora es una maravilla y los gráficos, aunque no perfectos, son una importante evolución respecto a las entregas de 3DS y Wii.
  95. Jul 28, 2019
    Great characters, plot, and gripping gameplay on and off the battlefield make for the first switch game this year to really pull me in.
  96. Jul 29, 2019
    I had never played a Fire Emblem game (apart from Heroes) and I have to say that it is an extraordinary game, the animations, the music, the dialogues are top notch, graphics are not the best but acceptable. I’ve only had so much fun with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and BOTW. I truly recommend it
  97. Jul 27, 2019
    So first of all I have to say that I really do not understand all the negative reviews. Many people say the story would be bad and there are better stories and I feel like they’ve never played a Fire Emblem Game. GBA’s has bad stories and shadow dragon also had a bad story. Personally I think Awakening’s story wasn’t that good either. I’m short I like the story as far as I have playedSo first of all I have to say that I really do not understand all the negative reviews. Many people say the story would be bad and there are better stories and I feel like they’ve never played a Fire Emblem Game. GBA’s has bad stories and shadow dragon also had a bad story. Personally I think Awakening’s story wasn’t that good either. I’m short I like the story as far as I have played (about 15 hours in Chapter 8). The characters are well written and have a lot of depth. Graphics could be better but they’re totally okay. School system is a great innovation and fits perfectly to Fire Emblem. What people tend to oversee is that they’re finally changing the formula of a Fire Emblem and it works so well. We do not have the typical generic Fire Emblem, we have something new and it’s great ! Expand
  98. Jul 29, 2019
    Ambitious, beautiful, and a wonderful entry to the series, as one who has played the series since I was 6 year old, I still find it new and exciting to this day. While there were some flops among the series, FE:3H is an amazing entry, that has a wide cast of characters, just like it's other games, all focusing on many aspects of school, and personal life for each student. With a muchAmbitious, beautiful, and a wonderful entry to the series, as one who has played the series since I was 6 year old, I still find it new and exciting to this day. While there were some flops among the series, FE:3H is an amazing entry, that has a wide cast of characters, just like it's other games, all focusing on many aspects of school, and personal life for each student. With a much longer play through guaranteed, and some difficult new features, I have enjoyed it wholeheartedly, and will be continuing to enjoy it as I continue on. Expand
  99. Aug 6, 2019
    Genuinely the best Fire Emblem game to date. It has polished a lot of old mechanics, and added a lot of new, it has taken the series to a different level which many gatekeepers are scared of
  100. Jul 31, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hands down a ray of hope in a day and age of incomplete garbage games.Great story and even better gameplay.My game of the year! Expand

1. Aug 17, 2019
    The best game in the series, and a masterpiece in the RPG/Tactics genre. A must-have game for Switch owners and a fabulous game outright.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Aug 15, 2019
    As Bernadetta's heartwarming lethality proves, the payoff is well worth the investment. [Issue#336, p.110]
  3. Aug 14, 2019
    Although battles still feel the same before, all the systems around them have undergone huge changes. You can spend hours refining your school class and perfecting strategies. A game to keep you truly busy this summer.