7.9

1. Nov 21, 2020
    Love it, addicted to it, wish there was more of it. I know people with scared that the game story would ruin Breath of the Wild but I feel like it compliments it well while still keeping Breath of the Wild seperate.
  2. Jan 2, 2021
    We have real idiots in here writing reviews saying the game is impossble to play at the FPS the game runs at, which is an outright lie. the only times the frames drop a bit is during special moves, which aren't that frequent. This game is an excellent one, proving that KT is a competent developer, but only when it isn't their own IP. Which is hilarious.
  3. Dec 13, 2020
    Incredible story, graphics and fun addictive gameplay. I love playing this game on Co-op.
  4. Dec 11, 2020
    A more-than-satisfying tie-over to “Breath of the Wild”’s sequel, this companion game sacrifices BOTW’s exploration for beefed up storytelling that challenges what a prequel could be, and the Warriors gameplay has been refined to fit the Zelda-style presentation and is an addicting experience.
  5. Jan 21, 2021
    This is a fun game, the battle system is great and I love how they have incorporated the ‘breath of the wild’ style into Hyrule Warriors. The strength in the gameplay comes from the range of characters which you can choose from. The added story is great and the game is a must play for Zelda fans. However, the gameplay can become repetitive and the divine beast levels are poor despiteThis is a fun game, the battle system is great and I love how they have incorporated the ‘breath of the wild’ style into Hyrule Warriors. The strength in the gameplay comes from the range of characters which you can choose from. The added story is great and the game is a must play for Zelda fans. However, the gameplay can become repetitive and the divine beast levels are poor despite adding variety to gameplay. Expand
  6. Dec 28, 2020
    This is , without the technical issues and the sometimes very repetitive Missions, a really good and fun Warriors Game. I didnt play the original Hyrule Warriors, i just played Botw and thought this would be the perfect addition to that. The Story and especially the End are exactly what i wanted, when i finished botw. imo a must play if you enjoyed botw and its story too
  7. Dec 28, 2020
    botw is my favorite game of all time so I think that's partly why I liked Hyrule Warriors age of Calamity as much as I did and the weapons system and characters are extremely fun and unique, And combat isvery satisfying... this is my first Hyrule Warriors game.
  8. Jan 9, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Age of Calamity delivers a thrilling and entertaining storyline throughout it’s story mode. It contains a diverse mix of characters to add to your party. Through its 20 story missions and 150 side missions, this game will always have something for you to do. I found the main storyline to be fulfilling both in it’s entertainment methods and cinematic methods. The game contains a variety of weapons to obtain for each character which can be upgraded as well. I personally enjoy games that require you to keep close eye on all your party members, as some side missions may contain a rule where you’re required to use a certain someone. Below are my views of the pros and cons of the game:

——Pros——
    - A highly diverse mix of characters to play as
    - A long and inclusive story mode
    - Tons of side missions to burn through
    - Characters can become more powerful through missions on the map
    - An expansive map with many regions (may not be open world, but still a huge map with many regions to play in)

——Cons——
    - Side missions can become unrelenting (constantly appearing one after the other
    - Overusing one character and not prioritizing others can have disadvantages
    - As your party gets bigger it becomes more of a chore to keep everybody evenly leveled (despite being able to level people up using rupees)
    - Getting rupees can sometimes be a chore to be able to upgrade weapons and be able to level people (if necessary)
    - Sometimes if a bigger enemy comes on screen the camera may prioritize fitting it all on screen, so focusing on smaller enemies can become an issue (especially when in big clusters)

—————

Other than that, a solid game. I’d say more, but I don’t want to give too much away.
  9. Jan 9, 2021
    My first game of this type, i honestly love it. Sometimes repetive. Story is not what i thought but it makes it more great
  10. Jan 18, 2021
    characters and story are amazing fighting is entertaining. hate the maps and getting around is a bit clumsy
  11. Jan 26, 2021
    Excelent game. A few camera problems but a superb story i spend approximately 50 hours on it
  12. Nov 26, 2020
    Great game, great story, great fights... I think I barely conquered 20 red areas in the whole game ! It's not about that anymore ! Hidemaro Fujibayashi, who directed Breath of The Wild appears in the credits of the game (not on Wikipedia) as the lead story artist, because well, that's just another Zelda game ! Breath of The Wild was about Courage, Hyrule Warriors is about Power. Now let'sGreat game, great story, great fights... I think I barely conquered 20 red areas in the whole game ! It's not about that anymore ! Hidemaro Fujibayashi, who directed Breath of The Wild appears in the credits of the game (not on Wikipedia) as the lead story artist, because well, that's just another Zelda game ! Breath of The Wild was about Courage, Hyrule Warriors is about Power. Now let's just wait for Wisdom, and we'll be fine ! Expand
  13. Nov 29, 2020
    Es un muy bien juego, parte de la historia que se narra si tiene que ver con el breath of the wild.
    Aunque el único y pequeño problema son los bugs mínimos que tiene, cómo lo es el guardiancito
  14. Nov 26, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely loved it. Rather than replay the tragedy of what happens in BOTW's past, this time you can prevent it in epic last stand battles where the stakes are through the roof. It really makes you think how in BOTW they lost BADLY, the whole world practically in ruin. Here you fight to save it all.

I liked how this game felt like an extension of BOTW, everything from the music, fighting system, style, etc
  15. Nov 26, 2020
    Geiles Spiel nur zu Empfehlen die 78 kappier ich nicht locker ne 85 verdient aufjedenfall empfehlenswert.
  16. Nov 25, 2020
    hyrule warriors age of calamity is like the dark souls of warriors games, and it really makes you feel like batman.
  17. Nov 27, 2020
    10/10 game.great gameplay, fantastic story.
    I would highly reccomend playing missions on hard mode at minimum otherwise it's a little too easy, even for me, and I play games on easy allot.
  18. Dec 4, 2020
    Amazing game. Loved the story, the gameplay, voice acting, soundtrack. Everything was great. Highly recommend it. On of the greatest games of 2020.
  19. Dec 1, 2020
    If you’ve ever played Hyrule Warriors, the 2014 game, it is a Zelda styled Dynasty Warriors game. Dynasty Warriors is a hack and slash series of games that had many different spin-offs in the last decade. Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, of Course, and Persona 5 Scramble, which still hasn’t been localized yet. Hyrule Warriors has some very satisfying hacking and slashing going on,If you’ve ever played Hyrule Warriors, the 2014 game, it is a Zelda styled Dynasty Warriors game. Dynasty Warriors is a hack and slash series of games that had many different spin-offs in the last decade. Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, of Course, and Persona 5 Scramble, which still hasn’t been localized yet. Hyrule Warriors has some very satisfying hacking and slashing going on, being able to wipe out hordes of enemies in mere minutes. I love Link’s Shield surf ability in this, and even though it went a little too fast to hit enemies with much accuracy, it was super fun. However, the bosses in this game are still pretty challenging, even if you don’t have Breath of the Wild’s difficulty and stuff. There are a lot of hard-core Breath of the Wild players out there, and it’s nice to see that Hyrule Warriors doesn’t compromise it’s difficulty even though you can cut down normal enemies with ease. You can select your difficulty as well, so it’s not the hard and harder difficulties in Breath of the Wild. If you came in expecting Breath of the Wild, you’re gonna be pretty disappointed, but that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have a similar feel to Breath of the Wild. You get different characters, special abilities, et cetera. If you really want to know, play the demo.

So Age of Calamity’s style is visually the exact same as Breath of the Wild. Obviously many assets were re-used, but they made some different renders of new characters as well, which is quite shocking. Well, it’s shocking that they made new characters, not that they rendered them. Because of course you gotta render new characters. For example, look at Impa! She either looked like she wanted to slice your face off, or that she was going to fall over due to her massive head, but this render? She looks so young, so naive, and cute, and so freaking Naruto.

Lastly, this story is nothing to scoff at. I won't spoil anything, but this thing plays such a huge role in the Zelda timeline, and it is such an awesome story. This story really hyped me up. It felt like waiting for Avengers: Endgame or Smash Ultimate. That's the hype level we're talking about here. There were some really empowering moments in there, and also a lot of sad moments. All of it paints a beautiful picture, no, a beautiful game. This is truly one of the best games to come out this year.
  20. Nov 29, 2020
    Hyrule warriors Age Of Calamity defines everything that was promised, it is an extremely intense story with very epic and memorable moments, without going into details with the story to avoid spoilers, it has a great variety of combos and characters of which you will little fond of by and by, a splendid setting with the best essence of breath of the wild, a story that you cannot miss,Hyrule warriors Age Of Calamity defines everything that was promised, it is an extremely intense story with very epic and memorable moments, without going into details with the story to avoid spoilers, it has a great variety of combos and characters of which you will little fond of by and by, a splendid setting with the best essence of breath of the wild, a story that you cannot miss, apart from the few fps drops, it is a game that as musou will meet all your expectations, especially if you are a fan of the zelda saga Expand
  21. Nov 29, 2020
    This game is amazing! The story is amazing with tons of great twists and amazing characters. The gameplay is fun and is just an all around great game. Controlling the divine beasts is so fun. The music is amazing, and while the frame rate can dip sometimes, its usually pretty solid. Its an amazing game overall, really recommend it. The large crowds and populated world draw perfect contrastThis game is amazing! The story is amazing with tons of great twists and amazing characters. The gameplay is fun and is just an all around great game. Controlling the divine beasts is so fun. The music is amazing, and while the frame rate can dip sometimes, its usually pretty solid. Its an amazing game overall, really recommend it. The large crowds and populated world draw perfect contrast with Breath of the Wild, and it tells a great story and fleshes out great characters. Knowing what the world is like when you fail makes you feel all the more driven to win. One of the best releases lately, a true work of art. Expand
  22. Nov 29, 2020
    This is not a tradition Zelda game, it's a Dynasty Warriors game. If you're a fan of both franchises you will probably love this game. If you loved BOTW and like hack and slash games you'll probably love this game. If you expect this to play like a traditional Zelda game, you're gonna have a bad time. I loved hyrule warriors and think this game is even better. Hope to see some cool DLC inThis is not a tradition Zelda game, it's a Dynasty Warriors game. If you're a fan of both franchises you will probably love this game. If you loved BOTW and like hack and slash games you'll probably love this game. If you expect this to play like a traditional Zelda game, you're gonna have a bad time. I loved hyrule warriors and think this game is even better. Hope to see some cool DLC in the future. Expand
  23. Dec 1, 2020
    There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said, it's fun but can be repetitive, FPS drops when a bunch of enemies get on screen, some corners were cut in certain areas and if it's your first warriors game, you may get stuck and confused.
  24. Nov 28, 2020
    I had a lot of fun playing this game, especially because there is a local two player coop mode. I played the whole game and the only thing that's left is some collectables I need to find.
    If you need to have 60fps and get angry, if the frame rate drops, please do not buy, save us all some peaceful time =)
    It may be not a 10 for anybody, especially of the performance issues, but we had a great time and I'm hoping there will be some good dlcs adding more to this game
  25. Nov 26, 2020
    Nunca imaginei que iria adorar um game Musou! Deu ate vontade de re-jogar o Breath of the Wild novamente :)
  26. Nov 28, 2020
    This is an amazing game for Zelda fans! I've played for about 12 hours and am loving it and am so addicted. The game gives you that sense of greatness and epicness while defeating hundreds of enemies. Each time you pick up a new character feels so good. Totally recommended.
  27. Nov 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best Warriors game I have played. i've played all of them. You should try this one. Magnifiscent! Expand
  28. Nov 23, 2020
    One of the best musous I've ever played, I'm 15 hours into the story and I'm fascinated. Give this game a chance
  29. Nov 28, 2020
    Unlike HW, AOC feels more canon to the Zelda universe, it works both as a prequel, and a spin-off. I truly feel it's a love letter to Breath of the Wild with the mechanics it uses and way it's set up.
  30. Nov 30, 2020
    Amazing game, addicting gameplay and an engaging story if you loved Breath of the Wild. This game has a lot of content that nevers feels repetitive due to the amount of fun you're having while killing hundreds of enemies. Completely worth it!
    And I suppose my Nintendo Switch is the most powerful Switch in the world, because my gameplay was never interrupted by low fps, this only happens when you use a special attack(And you're standing still while doing this). But there are two boss fights in which the low fps happen while you're fighting(But it only happens when the boss executes an specific attack and that's it, the rest of the fight is completely playable). Don't let people convince you that the game is unplayable, you can't miss this game!
  31. Nov 25, 2020
    This is a zelda game I know people gonna say it has warriors GAMEPLAY in it but it's a Zelda game through and through don't compare it to btow compare it to previous Hyrule warriors games it was a really great game
  32. Nov 23, 2020
    Amazing alternate timeline to botw that excels in fun and fan service - the music hits too
  33. Nov 23, 2020
    Great game!
    I had doubt about how good it could be, once pass through a prequel of breath of the wild. The gameplay is good, sounds great and so many things to do that make it a must buy game.
  34. Nov 23, 2020
    I'm not the biggest fan of Musou games. I so not like the Dynasty Warriors games at all. But, I did really enjoy Fire Emblem Warriors and Hyrule Warriors. So when I first seen that we were getting a new HW in the same world as BOTW I immediately was excited. This is the best Musou game ever made IMO. The characters all play differently which keeps it unique. The story is great, theI'm not the biggest fan of Musou games. I so not like the Dynasty Warriors games at all. But, I did really enjoy Fire Emblem Warriors and Hyrule Warriors. So when I first seen that we were getting a new HW in the same world as BOTW I immediately was excited. This is the best Musou game ever made IMO. The characters all play differently which keeps it unique. The story is great, the cinematics are amazing. I beat the story after 18 hours and I can't wait to return and spend lots of time completing all the side quests. This has earned its right to be a part of my Top 10 Nintendo Switch exclusives! Expand
  35. Nov 23, 2020
    Muy buen juego mu emotivo se ve perfecto gran historia si les gusta Zelda este es imprescindible
  36. Nov 22, 2020
    Hoy lo jugamos toda la tarde con mi hijo y es una maravilla, me facinan el arte y los graficos pero es un Zelda y lo mejor es la jugabilidad y la historia, es una joya, JUENGUENLO!!!!!!!
  37. Nov 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very fun. To be honest I did not expect a timeline split again, but things happen and I am glad they did. Expand
  38. Nov 22, 2020
    Love it so far. I've put lots of hours (maybe not hundreds & hundreds of hours like some people) into the first Hyrule Warriors, & I hope to put just as much time into this one. Yes, the framerate occasionally struggles. Has it bothered me once or impeded me from playing the game properly? Absolutely not. I always like to play games in their original language if I can, & I was pleased toLove it so far. I've put lots of hours (maybe not hundreds & hundreds of hours like some people) into the first Hyrule Warriors, & I hope to put just as much time into this one. Yes, the framerate occasionally struggles. Has it bothered me once or impeded me from playing the game properly? Absolutely not. I always like to play games in their original language if I can, & I was pleased to hear that it sounds like all of the Breath of the Wild actors are reprising their roles. There are a surprising amount of cutscenes with dialogue (except from the grunting Link, of course). It feels like much more collaboration with Nintendo went into the story for this Hyrule Warriors. This is without a doubt a Warriors game that looks like BotW, & I'm here for it. Still not sure if the story is canon as a prequel or if it just all takes place in the BotW universe, much like the first HW was just several canon Legend of Zelda stories inside of a non-canon story. Can't wait to see what other characters are playable. Very fun hack & slash game Expand
  39. Nov 23, 2020
    If you are a fan breath of the wild, Hyrule warriors or hack and slashes. You’ll love this game
  40. Nov 23, 2020
    Exactly what Botw needed to flesh out its characters and story. Excellent animation with ghibliesque flourishes. Superb evolution of botws soundtrack.

Combat felt more like Ff7 remake to me than the og hyrule warriors due to its focus on switching characters, reactive use of ruins and flurry rush. Much more I could say but this was exactly what I wanted from this game.
  41. Nov 23, 2020
    As a fan of Hyrule warriors, I was excited for another chapter in the blossoming series and when I learned it was taking place 100 years prior to botw, I was beyond excited! While the game may have it's moments dipping down in fps(I'm looking at you Urbosa's special) it doesn't detract from the fun. The dips that happen are very few and last only mere seconds that it's very easy to ignore,As a fan of Hyrule warriors, I was excited for another chapter in the blossoming series and when I learned it was taking place 100 years prior to botw, I was beyond excited! While the game may have it's moments dipping down in fps(I'm looking at you Urbosa's special) it doesn't detract from the fun. The dips that happen are very few and last only mere seconds that it's very easy to ignore, especially when you're busy trying to finish your tasks before the time limit expires. The story is really good and the voice acting is absolutely amazing. It made the journey around Hyrule memorable. Truthfully I think i prefered the bosses in AoC over Botw. I hope everyone will give this a chance so they too can experience the journey. Expand
  42. Nov 24, 2020
    I was genuinely surprised by how much I liked this game. Not quite a 9, but an 8.7 for me. This may come off as a side game. But for how intimately the game portrays the pre-BOTW events, I feel it is a requirement to play this before BOTW2 comes out. The framerate isn't NEARLY as big of a deal for me personally. Co-op is where the issue is in that regard. Even then, it's not my main issueI was genuinely surprised by how much I liked this game. Not quite a 9, but an 8.7 for me. This may come off as a side game. But for how intimately the game portrays the pre-BOTW events, I feel it is a requirement to play this before BOTW2 comes out. The framerate isn't NEARLY as big of a deal for me personally. Co-op is where the issue is in that regard. Even then, it's not my main issue with co-op. There is no online play, so player 2 will make no progress in their own game. That's my hang up. But everyone is different.

This should be a given, but you will enjoy this game more if you are a Zelda fan who enjoyed BOTW and played it to its completion. This game draws heavily from BOTW. From the map and its locations, the equipment and the menus, to the characters and side quests (even random NPCs.)

This game is almost entirely combat, so it's a good thing it's well handled. Out of any Zelda game I've played, this one is the most enjoyable for me in terms of combat. Granted, Zelda games don't have very nuanced combat to begin with. But what is here is enjoyable. The animations are a spectacle to behold for a Zelda game, and Link has never felt more powerful. Skill and proper timing is rewarded. If you find it too easy, there are higher difficulty options that provide a challenge and encourage you to use every option available to you. My main complaint with combat is with the camera. Indoors, when you're up against a wall, don't even bother. You have to reposition yourself to see anything.

The story and the cutscenes that portray it are of a higher quality than you would expect from Zelda games. The end of the story had an actual emotional impact on me. The music that plays during important moments drives home the sense of despair, the intensity of the war, and the hope of victory. The timing and placement of it is just spot on.

I beat the first Hyrule Warriors, and I didn't get nearly as much enjoyment from it as I did this game. The gameplay is more fine tuned. I actually have a vested interest in the story, setting, and characters this time. If you got any enjoyment out of Hyrule Warriors and you enjoyed BOTW, it's a buy. If you enjoyed BOTW and don't get enjoyment from Dynasty Warrior type games, it's a borrow/rent/wait for sale.
  43. Nov 24, 2020
    I am really enjoying this game. I you enjoyed BOTW and wanna know more of the characters then get this game. I haven't completed it yet, but I keep wanting to know what the next chapter will entail. Now the gameplay is hyrule warriors, but this game feels a lot more innovative than the past games. Also the cutscenes are way much better than in BOTW. This game is also a treat forI am really enjoying this game. I you enjoyed BOTW and wanna know more of the characters then get this game. I haven't completed it yet, but I keep wanting to know what the next chapter will entail. Now the gameplay is hyrule warriors, but this game feels a lot more innovative than the past games. Also the cutscenes are way much better than in BOTW. This game is also a treat for completionist because there is a lot to do in the game. Highly recommend the game even if you aren't a Hyrule warriors fan. I wasn't. Expand
  44. Nov 25, 2020
    Love it
    Realy good Story en good gamplay Fun characters and lots of side content
  45. Dec 6, 2020
    I'm talking here about the gameplay itself, not including the storyline or lore. Obviously as a hack and slash type of game it has the basics like ultimate ability and attack combos, I was expecting that. Here's the positives. Each heroes feel unique with their own moves you can distinguish from others, the combo is smooth and animation are great. It feels so great to just play as one ofI'm talking here about the gameplay itself, not including the storyline or lore. Obviously as a hack and slash type of game it has the basics like ultimate ability and attack combos, I was expecting that. Here's the positives. Each heroes feel unique with their own moves you can distinguish from others, the combo is smooth and animation are great. It feels so great to just play as one of the beast, just to stop and crush your enemies like godzilla. The negative, you cannot command allies to move to an area with a different elevation. In the game, some areas have different terrain levels, like up a mountain, you cannot command an ally to move to a different level than what you already on. You also cannot give your allies specific commands, like go here to attack or defend, you can only order them to set location and the ai wil just chill around or attack nearby eneimes, that's it, and even after you take control and lets said move to a different area, the ai will still remember the pervious command even after completing the command. Something I think the Fire Emblem Warriors did better in. The game focus extremely on depleting your opponent's defense meter either by hitting them with a wand, using your runes or dodging, it makes combat easier but it gets repetitive real fast as its really the only way to kill strong enemies fast. I have play quite a few, this, Fire Emblem Warriors, One piece pirate Warrior 3 and 4, as well as many of the Dynasty warriors games. This game is pretty solid but needs work to improve mainly the map interaction with ai allies mostly. Expand
  46. Nov 28, 2020
    Dynasty Warriors games continually focus on repetitive yet satisfying gameplay, rather than a compelling story. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity continues this tradition. While the trailers' cutscenes hinted at a stronger narrative presence, the game's story is light and insubstantial. This plot's lack of thematic elements, character development, compelling motivations, character depth,Dynasty Warriors games continually focus on repetitive yet satisfying gameplay, rather than a compelling story. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity continues this tradition. While the trailers' cutscenes hinted at a stronger narrative presence, the game's story is light and insubstantial. This plot's lack of thematic elements, character development, compelling motivations, character depth, etc. is particularly upsetting because Breath of the Wild's open-ended past offered boundless opportunities for any dutiful writing team. Instead, characters in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity are largely one-dimensional and the plot does not allow enough time to fully explain or justify its critical moments. And instead of capitalizing on dark topics of loss, failure, fear, and helplessness that Breath of the Wild alluded to, the game's plot often resembles more of a carefree fanfiction rather than a dutiful telling of the past.

The game's intrinsically satisfying gameplay carries its halfhearted fanfiction plot. Yes, it is quite repetitive to slay every main enemy in the same general pattern: chipping damage, dodging, making the enemy vulnerable, lowering the vulnerability gauge, triggering a finishing blow, and repeating. Despite this repetition, each map's sprawling maps and numerous enemies create an overpoweringly enjoyable hack and slash experience. Similarly to Smash Bros., each character fights with a generally consistent button layout, but has unique attacks and play styles to help keep combat fresh. If only with there were as much gameplay diversity with how to fight enemy units.

Overall, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity offers an enjoyable rush. Its lackluster and insufficient story, however, ultimately make the game a missed opportunity.

47. Nov 27, 2020
    I really love this game is really fun and entertaining. Is a must have if you loved Breath of the Wild, it's like a spinoff game, warriors style. You can say whatever you like about warriors games, but this one is really fun and also you can play as divine beasts. What I like about this game is that includes many things like parrying, dodging, etc. Also the way each character uses theI really love this game is really fun and entertaining. Is a must have if you loved Breath of the Wild, it's like a spinoff game, warriors style. You can say whatever you like about warriors games, but this one is really fun and also you can play as divine beasts. What I like about this game is that includes many things like parrying, dodging, etc. Also the way each character uses the runes is very unique. I'm not gonna spoil anything, but I really like what they did with the story and how the manage to put everything up here. Also... The music. The music is AMAZING. And I also love the cinematics. They're really good. Expand
  48. Nov 28, 2020
    As a huge zelda and hyrule warriors fan I am definitely pleased with this game. I played the first hyrule warriors so I knew I was gonna like this one. And as someone who played breath of the wild it is really cool to experience the story prior to the events. I have 30+ hours and I can hardly put it down. This is a must have for any zelda fan
  49. JW_
    Nov 29, 2020
    Actionpacked game with an incredible story, being a prequel to Breath of the Wild it had alot to live up to and it did that and more.
    It's definitely more a Legend of Zelda than a Dynasty warriors game, but the dynamic really works because the story makes the battles you wage much more personal.
  50. Nov 29, 2020
    This is one of my favorite games now. I have been playing it for a good amount of time, and I love the details they put into it. If you played Breath of the Wild and loved the story, and enjoy beat em up games, this is for you!
  51. Nov 30, 2020
    A GREAT game for all Fans of Breath of the Wild! I dont like hack and slay Games, but THIS game is more than just run&kill. Its full of BOTW Stuff and its packed in a wonderful and exciting Story.
    Framerate is terrible, but it dont disturbs when the Fever packed you
  52. Nov 30, 2020
    I really do not understand this damn website. I legit created an account just to write this review which means a lot. I've been through hell to create this account to write this review. All the negative comments I've seen comes from ignorant people who either did not do their research nor played the demo. It clearly states it's called Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity. If you didn't get theI really do not understand this damn website. I legit created an account just to write this review which means a lot. I've been through hell to create this account to write this review. All the negative comments I've seen comes from ignorant people who either did not do their research nor played the demo. It clearly states it's called Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity. If you didn't get the memo then that's your fault. It clearly states that it's a Hyrule Warriors game if you do not like Warriors games don't buy it. Second of all why on earth would you compare this game to Breath of the wild. This is a musou game not an adventure game. So guys please do your research because most of the people here on Metacritic looks like they never did their research. Criticism aside this game is amazing. The gameplay is very wicked and it's worth a try. The story might be iffy for some people but it's great to me. I advise you to play the demo before playing the game which most of these negative reviewers never did do. It's a very good game and I'll recommend this to any Zelda fan or musou fan. The only complaint I have is the Divine beast gameplay which can get a tad repetitive but still feels amazing. I'm just going to point this out one last time the people who are comparing this game to Breath of the wild clearly never did their research.This game is not a Zelda game it's a Warriors game mixed with Breath of the wild and it the devs did it very well. My parting advice is just to play the demo and decide. It's an amazing game which should be played if you like the genre. Farewell Expand
  53. Dec 1, 2020
    ¡Me ha encantado! Aunque entiendo algunas quejas de los fans . El gameplay es divertidisimo,la banda sonora es soberbia,la historia tiene un ritmo espectacular,aunque es aqui donde hay gente que no le ha gustado pienso q es bastante buena y emocionante cuanto mas juegas.No se,creo que le ha llovido mucho jate innecesario simplemente por no ser un zelda clasivo pero la gente no se da cuenta¡Me ha encantado! Aunque entiendo algunas quejas de los fans . El gameplay es divertidisimo,la banda sonora es soberbia,la historia tiene un ritmo espectacular,aunque es aqui donde hay gente que no le ha gustado pienso q es bastante buena y emocionante cuanto mas juegas.No se,creo que le ha llovido mucho jate innecesario simplemente por no ser un zelda clasivo pero la gente no se da cuenta de que vamos a tener la secuela de botw en desarrolo.En definitiva si te gusta la saga zelda o simplemente quieres un, buen juego epico de aventuras ,no lo dudes Expand
  54. Nov 22, 2020
    This is an absolutely phenomenal game, filled with content and packed with the sort of action that you'd expect from a game detailing the events leading up to the Calamity that happened 100 years before Breath of the Wild. Playing as multiple characters from BOTW (along with a few very surprising additions), you get to experience a rich and immersive story on par with the original HyruleThis is an absolutely phenomenal game, filled with content and packed with the sort of action that you'd expect from a game detailing the events leading up to the Calamity that happened 100 years before Breath of the Wild. Playing as multiple characters from BOTW (along with a few very surprising additions), you get to experience a rich and immersive story on par with the original Hyrule Warriors and some of the better stories of the LOZ franchise. The gameplay is a mix of Dynasty Warriors and BOTW, but contains a lot more LOZ-style gameplay than the original Hyrule Warriors did. This game also gives you an opportunity to become more attached to the characters than BOTW did, especially considering you can play as many of them.

However, no game is perfect, and Age of Calamity DOES have a couple of issues with it. Notably, framerate. When using attacks that take up a lot of space on the screen or facing a LOT of enemies at once, the game tends to lag to a decent degree (but not to unplayable rates).

The second major caveat that Age of Calamity takes is the very gameplay itself. IF you are looking for a game with gameplay akin to BOTW, then I'd advise waiting for BOTW 2 to come out...however, if you enjoy frantic and fast-paced hack 'n slashes (and don't mind it becoming repetitive on occasion), then I'd highly recommend picking up this game, not only for its story, but for the ability to live the Calamity and be your favorite characters from BOTW!
  55. Nov 22, 2020
    The game delivers.Sure..it might have some frame issues here and there...but not that bad as some kids imply.I presume all the 0 votes are from trolls and people that dont have a switch and are just trying to be smart and throw mud into Nintendo
  56. Nov 22, 2020
    De lejos es el mejor juego musou de la historia, recomendado a todos, les va a encantar
  57. Nov 23, 2020
    No entiendo tanto lloriqueo por unas simples caídas de frames, entendiendo que son en momentos puntuales donde obviamente hay muchísimos enemigos y los ataques especiales requieren de un alto uso de recursos. Por lo demás todo es increíble, la historia, los personajes, la jugabilidad. Las personas de hoy se centran en puras tonteras como la resolución ultra hd 500 k y los 5000 fps cuandoNo entiendo tanto lloriqueo por unas simples caídas de frames, entendiendo que son en momentos puntuales donde obviamente hay muchísimos enemigos y los ataques especiales requieren de un alto uso de recursos. Por lo demás todo es increíble, la historia, los personajes, la jugabilidad. Las personas de hoy se centran en puras tonteras como la resolución ultra hd 500 k y los 5000 fps cuando lo importante es que el juego te entretenga y, como es normal en nintendo, te entregue algo más, esa magia que hace que enganches con cada una de sus entregas. Expand
  58. Nov 24, 2020
    I love this game, please do a murasame castle reboot next!!!! (10/10 a system seller)
  59. Nov 24, 2020
    Great story, excellent soundtrack, good characters, addictive gameplay, tons of content, overall an amazing game. Only complaint is the fps, but it never dropped in important situations, only during special moves, so it didn’t really matter for me
  60. Nov 24, 2020
    Really good game with a great story and fun gameplay i enjoyed the soundtrack
  61. Nov 23, 2020
    I remember when Nintendo originally announced the first Hyrule Warriors back in 2013, back then it was an absolute gamechanger seeing Nintendo doing a crossover with one of its biggest franchises with a third party series like Dynasty Warriors. Many people, including yours truly were incredibly excited, I vaguely remember seeing Jim Sterling verbally blow his load at least a few times onI remember when Nintendo originally announced the first Hyrule Warriors back in 2013, back then it was an absolute gamechanger seeing Nintendo doing a crossover with one of its biggest franchises with a third party series like Dynasty Warriors. Many people, including yours truly were incredibly excited, I vaguely remember seeing Jim Sterling verbally blow his load at least a few times on Twitter when the game was first announced. When the game was released in 2014, it didn’t set the world on fire but it was a great new spin on the Zelda franchise and the landmark collaboration was enough to consider it for our Game of the Year in 2014.

Six years on and Hyrule Warriors is back but this time it is an even bigger deal, why the original game as almost like a greatest hits compilation featuring characters and settings from the entire history of the Zelda series, this new iteration, Age of Calamity is set up as a prequel to Breath of the Wild, set 100 years in the past before Link went into his century long sleep, only this time we are introduced to a brand new character in essentially an Ancient version of BB8.

This adorable little robot appears in Zelda’s room right when things turn to absolute **** in Hyrule, only for him to open a portal and travel into the past essentially giving us a whole new split timeline theory…..greaaattttt. Like most Warriors game you aren’t just playing as one character but you are able to select from a whole range including Impa, Zelda and the four champions Mipha, Urbosa, Revali and Datuk. While it stings seeing all these characters knowing what eventually falls them all, every character has a distinct fighting style with Mipha’s water style and Zelda primarily using ancient technology. Also, despite appearing as a youngling, it seems we have some more time travel occurring as everyone’s favourite fishboy, Sidon, is playable.

Age of Calamity seemingly fixes all those niggling little qualms that people had with Breath of the Wild, first and foremost there is no weapon degradation. It was without a doubt one of the most frustrating parts of the game, constantly having to find a new sword halfway through a battle. While you still collect numerous items, food and weaponry in Age of Calamity you really only address that between missions where you can sell or even fuse loose weapons together. Even frustrating enemies from the original game like Lynels have been essentially neutered here to the point that you can easily defeat them,a lot of aspects from Breath of the Wild have been brought over here including Flurry Rush, Paraglider, even the freaking Koroks.

Another return is the map of Hyrule which is where you select the levels, but there is so much more including little side missions and services that help upgrade all aspects of your characters. There has clearly been a lot of love and detail put into what is essentially a Breath of the Wild prequel, even small things like being able to play with Japanese audio. No offence to Patricia Summerset but her attempt at a Faux English accent is just as cringey this time around as it was in the original.

While combat is fairly standard for a Warriors game, Normal Attack, Heavy Attack combos and Special Moves, lock on has been placed on pushing down the R-Stick and there really can’t be any more of a complicated or out of place button then that. You can have up to 4 characters in your party during battles and are able to seamlessly switch between them at any time, this helps in traversing the map quicker. We also see the Ancient mechanics make a return, bombs make a comeback with even explosive barrels all over the place which make for a satisfying clearing of areas. But the other three just may as well not be there, the Ice really just amounts to creating a platform to paraglide off, the magnet just picks up blocks to wack enemies with and stasis is pretty much nothing, you were able to send trees flying in Breath of the Wild, now good luck with Stasis can even take care of a big Moblin.

But any issues are completely washed away when you pilot the Divine Beasts, I will just repeat that for the people in the back You. Pilot. DIVINE. BEASTS! I could have started and ended my review right there and called it a day, there are segments where you get to pilot all four divine beasts with the Champions, where you can shoot, trample, rain destruction where ever you go and send killer death beams that annihilate everything in its path. I mean, what else do I need to say? these segments alone are worth picking up this sequel.

Hyrule Warriors 2 isn’t Breath of the Wild 2, but it is a damn fine morsel that could tie you over just a little while you wait.
  62. j03
    Nov 22, 2020
    There is a lot of bad reviews from the Jim Sterling bots and others who can't fathom the idea of another Zelda game taking game of the year.
    The game is great and follows the tone and development of Breath of the Wild. It is a prequel for the sake of having a prequel but its a good prequel.
  63. Nov 22, 2020
    Another valuable warriors game in the skin of another franchise. What sets this apart is that it tells the story of the great calamity that took place before BOTW. Buyer beware: this does not play like BOTW and if you are unfamiliar bwith warriors games I suggest you watch some footage and reviews to let you know what to expect overall highly recommended.
  64. Nov 24, 2020
    This game is just as good as Breath of the Wild! You have to play both of these games, they are amazing!
  65. Nov 25, 2020
    This game isn't in the same timeline as breath of the wild, but that doesn't make it bad at all. This game, like the original Hyrule Warriors, was a celebration of zelda, Age of Calamity paying homeage to Breath of the Wild. It is something to look at and appreciate as being along side breath of the wild. I am upset that we didn't get the prequel we were asking for, but we already knewThis game isn't in the same timeline as breath of the wild, but that doesn't make it bad at all. This game, like the original Hyrule Warriors, was a celebration of zelda, Age of Calamity paying homeage to Breath of the Wild. It is something to look at and appreciate as being along side breath of the wild. I am upset that we didn't get the prequel we were asking for, but we already knew what would happen and so they gave us a new story. The FPS was my only complaint, but the reason that Hyrule Warriors runned well was because it didn't have that beautiful of a landscape. Here, we have that landscape, and the FPS doesn't bother me as much. Just generally gald for more zelda, and this game will stay in my heart as one of 2 games to play before Breath of the Wild 2. #AgeofCalamity Expand
  66. Nov 25, 2020
    When I played Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, I craved for the champions to be added to the game, eventhough deep down I knew no more DLC would be added. I then noticed more BotW themed news to be revealed on a video, so I tuned in for the video, and I screamed when I noticed I could finally play as the characters I've always wanted to play as.

Each character has their own unique

Each character has their own unique play style for you to find and play with. The music is absolutely beautiful. I love the Champions soundtracks on Chapter 2. Omg, they are just perfect! I have not completed the game yet so I'm unsure if this stays, but I'm up to Chapter 4 and personally, I really like the story. It's been slightly predictable due to knowing the history of BotW, but I'm loving the lore I'm getting out of this. Like I said, I've not completed the game, so I wonder if I'll still feel the same once I do.

Now don't get me wrong, this game isn't perfect. The FPS isn't as smooth as I would want it to be. For example, on the first level, when I went to fight the Lizalfos, it started to lag quite a bit, though I was able to defeat the enemies without any problem. And the barriers. Them barriers are so annoying. When playing as Revali, you'd expect to be able to fly over the fences and even small rocks, it blocks you from flying over, which I guess is to make it fair for all characters, but considering he's a bird, you'd think he'd be able to fly over things. And personally, I don't think the graphics aren't as great as compared to BotW, which I expected but I wanted to be absolutely amazed.

It's very similar to Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition. I know that if you like that game, you will find some fun in this. I'm missing the short maps where you had to go and play as a unique characters and you'd win characters and special rewards that'd help you to advance, but I still think it's a pretty decent game and I'd recommend waiting for the price to drop a little, but I still think you should pick it up if you're looking for BotW lore or are a Zelda/Dynasty Warriors fan in general.
  67. Nov 22, 2020
    The Best musou in the history, excelent gameplay, grafichs, mechanics, and soundtrack
  68. Nov 22, 2020
    the best Dynasty Warriors ever!! I loved the gameplay and the history, better than Breath of the Wild
  69. Nov 21, 2020
    El mejor MOSOU hasta la fecha con muchisimas posiblides en el combate y bastante variedad de personas con una historia nunca antes contada en un Musou.

Lo único negativo es que en momentos puntuales con muchos enemigos o al terminar un combo puede haber algún bajón pequeño de FPS
  70. Nov 22, 2020
    If you like the musou games and Zelda BOTW that's your game for you guys! I saw some frame drops but I bet that this can be fixed with some future update. The game is awesome. I haven't felt so nice with a game since Zelda BOTW. Epic!
  71. Nov 22, 2020
    The truth is that I expected little from this game, but after buying and playing it has exceeded all my expectations. I liked it a lot
  72. Nov 21, 2020
    Hyvä taistelua, tarina ja seikkailu kdkdk kdkdkw kdkwkwk kdkdkw kdkdk kdkdk kdke
  73. Nov 22, 2020
    I'm definitely one of those who wished that it was just a straight retelling of the Calamity as it happened, but I can live with the Zelda: Endgame thing they ultimately did. Maybe we'll be blessed with DLC that gives us that in the future.

The gameplay is rock solid. Best Musou game I've played by a pretty good margin. They handled some issues BotW had with limited enemy variety by inserting elemental versions of existing enemies and that was a nice way to give things a little more variety. The uses of the runes and Wizzrobe wands gives combat an extra dimension that's a total blast.

In general this game was lovingly constructed from top to bottom. The soundtrack is amazing. The characters all have their fun gameplay eccentricities.

Overall, it's basically everything I wanted out of it.
  74. Nov 21, 2020
    Simplemente es un excelente juego, divierte mucho y tiene tantas escenas que hasta pueden sacar una película. Le daría mas puntos pero lastima que solo me permiten hasta 10.
  75. Nov 21, 2020
    the characters are great each one is fun to use and the story moments make me really appreciate this game the frantic combat and rune usage keeps the game from becoming borng
  76. Nov 21, 2020
    Amazing game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ............... Mhujjgfggjhftu gcfrrghbvgvcxzzz, f
  77. Nov 21, 2020
    The amount of fun I am having with this game is extraordinary. The story is great (even if it isn't exactly canon, but what exactly IS canon in the TLOZ's time line, right?), there's a bunch of characters (even more than trailers have shown) with different gameplays and SO MUCH to do! I started the game playing on hard mode and in two days I already have 20 hours of gameplay, and I ain'tThe amount of fun I am having with this game is extraordinary. The story is great (even if it isn't exactly canon, but what exactly IS canon in the TLOZ's time line, right?), there's a bunch of characters (even more than trailers have shown) with different gameplays and SO MUCH to do! I started the game playing on hard mode and in two days I already have 20 hours of gameplay, and I ain't even at the half of the story (currently on chapter 3 of seven). I wasn't expecting to have that much gun in a musou game, but it's pretty fantastic. There are few fps drops along the way, but I only really noticed at the begining and some parts of the Hyrule Forest and none was a problem to me. Looking forward to dig hundreds of hours in this game. Expand
  78. Nov 21, 2020
    Best game I have played in 2020. I am not completed yet but the story is extremely addicting and the way missions are added is extremely addicting. The combat is fun and the presentation is phenomenal.
  79. Nov 21, 2020
    Fantastic game! Super addicting, great story, fun gameplay, huge amount of content and much more! Great addiction in breath of the wild series!
  80. Nov 21, 2020
    Pretty fun spin-off Zelda game. The warriors games normally are pretty boring, but this one is a blast
  81. Nov 22, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have just finished the game and it's so fantastic.
    When the trailers of games out, I only thought that we can play the champions, Zelda and Impa, but the real playable characters surprise me. It is so many, even Master Kohga can be played.
    The gameplay is good too, though I'm not a fan of warrior type of game, I enjoy this game so much. You have so much things to do, so much combo and you will not be bored when playing for a long time.
    Of course, the best thing I love about this game is the story. This is a happy ending for Link and Zelda, where they defeated Calamity Ganon and saved all people. If the story of BOTW shows me the loneliness of Link and the pain he and Zelda bearing after 100 years, this game shows me the friendships, relationships that give Link and Zelda power. So happy to see Link always have connections with the others. And at last, this game leaves me in a question "So the timeline is split again :))))"
    Love this game so much, it helps me to feel the world of BOTW again when waiting for BOTW 2.
  82. Nov 28, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hyrule Warrior l'Ere du Fléau est excellent. Le jeu possède un gameplay très bon, sur une base excellente de MUSO, Tecmo-Koei a parfaitement réussi à mixer ce qui fait Zelda Breath of the Wild et leurs types de jeu. On retrouve absolument toutes les mécaniques de BotW, les esquives, gardes ou encore le système de baguette. Avec celle-ci on vraiment un système pour ce facilité les combats avec le système des points faible.

L’utilisation de la tablette Sheikah est essentiel pour contrer les attaques des plus gros ennemis, ennemis qui respecte le bestiaire instauré par BotW mais qui ajoute des variantes intéressantes. Les combats de boss sont très intéressants avec des pics de difficulté qui sont satisfaisant à passer. L’utilisation des bêtes divines sont vraiment dépaysante, prendre le contrôle d’aussi grand engin tirant des lasers et détruire des éléments et éliminé des milliers d’ennemis est très jouissif.

Il y a un grand nombre de missions assez diversifiées en objectif nécessitant un regard constant sur l’évolution de la situation et utilisant toutes les capacités du jeu. La mission scénarisée commence et finisse par des cinématiques, ces cinématiques sont vraiment identiques à jeu original (excepté quelques détails dû à la différence de moteur). Le doublage en VF est identique à BotW pour la cohérence c’est mieux, et s’accord très bien aux ambiances des scènes. Les musiques sont toute aussi de qualité, avec des réarrangements très sympathique bien mieux que le premier Hyrule Warrior.

Au niveau des graphismes, le jeu est avec la day one patch (v1.0.1) bien mieux que la démo. Il y a des chutes de FPS à de nombreux moments, notamment lorsque de très nombreuses animations arrive en même temps, que ce soit en combat ou en bête divine. En bête divine, on voit clairement qu’il limite avec des textures très simples sur les décors, des ennemis en ranger immobile même quand ils sont touchés. Sinon dans l’ensemble le jeu est agréable à voir, la résolution est correcte en docker ainsi que le framerate dans la globalité. Pour le mode deux joueurs je n'ai pas essayé, mais je n'y crois pas trop sur le nombre de fps.

Le jeu est un pur condensé d’un Warrior et de The Legend of Zelda Breath of Wild, le jeu s’adresse parfaitement aux personnes qui ont fait BotW. Le sentiment de redécouvrir des zones qu’on a exploré dans un silence et un vide et ici de les voir remplie d’ennemis et bruitant d’action est un contraste intéressant. Grâce aux mécaniques de BotW le jeu offre une expérience qui donne un plus faible sentiment de répétitivité qu’on peut avoir avec un MUSO classique. Hyrule Warrior l’Ere du Fléau est un excellent jeu pour les fans et joueurs de Breath of the Wild et un bon jeu pour les joueurs extérieur qui n’auront pas les références, les clins d’œil ou encore les oppositions de situation entre les deux jeux.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPOIL Histoire !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Au niveau du scénario, il est très bien et se place vraiment en opposition avec Zelda Breath of the Wild. Si sur les premiers chapitres on semble suivre vraiment ce qu’il s’est passé un siècle avant l’opus Zelda, on a très vite des indices qui annonce la couleur finale. Alors même si le jeu va s’éloigner du jeu original, le scénario offres de nombreuses surprises avec les différents personnages connu ou pas. Néanmoins, sur les premiers chapitres avant le twist du voyage dans le temps, on peut vraiment voir ce qui se passe et s’imaginer que la situation est similaire dans les événements avant BotW, qu’on peut ensuite raccrocher aux souvenirs vus dans ce dernier, ce qui est cool pour les fans. De plus, les références et lien de mise en scène entre ce jeu et Breath of the Wild sont très très nombreuses et très satisfaisante quand on les remarque.

Pour l’évolution des personnages et leurs caractères sont ceux qu’on peut attendre venu de BotW mais un avec un développement captivant. Si le méchant Astor est un nouveau-né pour le jeu, il reste intéressant à découvrir, même si on en apprend peu sur lui. L’histoire est simple bien développer mais très captivantes, avec un dérouler similaire à Zelda Breath of the Wild toujours pas loin.

Mais je pense qu'avoir fait un scénario comme celui-là était le meilleur choix, car faire une véritable préquelle aurait été moins impactant dû faite d'avoir la connaissance de la fin, même avec une excellente mise en scène. Car la fin d'Hyrule Warrior l'ère du fléau est incroyable, une mise en scène impeccable, du spectacle, de l'émotion, des surprises et combat de fou. Juste excellent.
  83. Nov 24, 2020
    Easily one of the best Switch games I've played in a long while. Every aspect of this game from the story to the gameplay absolutely deliver in terms of spectacle. A few framerate drops here and there, but nothing too bad to take me out of the experience. Only 2-3 of the playable characters were underwhelming and considering the sheer amount of options you're given, that's fine too. IEasily one of the best Switch games I've played in a long while. Every aspect of this game from the story to the gameplay absolutely deliver in terms of spectacle. A few framerate drops here and there, but nothing too bad to take me out of the experience. Only 2-3 of the playable characters were underwhelming and considering the sheer amount of options you're given, that's fine too. I don't want to spoil the game if you're on the fence, but this is a game you should buy for the holidays and savor until the new year. Nintendo really managed to undersell this one with the lack of advertising. The developers poured their heart and soul into this game and it shows.

Overall, Age of Calamity is an incredibly charming package that can thrill and excite you with it's tragic story and refined 1 vs 100 gameplay. On top of that it has enough content to keep you hooked through more and more of an almost addictive gameplay loop.
  84. Nov 24, 2020
    My hype for the game was pretty low, I didn't get Warrior games... till now. The characters are all so unique like Smash characters are, and it's so fun unlocking and performing combos. The game delivers a lot more story than in Breath of the Wild and is the main reason why I bought this game, the music is also fantastic.
  85. Nov 24, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. La verdad ha sido un juego maravilloso, uno de los mejores si no el mejor musou que he jugado hasta el momento. La historia en si es equilibrada pero llega un momento que si se dificulta mucho, lo cual hace que te tengas que esforzar más. Los jefes me parecieron muy Buenos, sobre todo las irás de ganon rediseñadas. Y también ganon el cataclismo. La música es perfecta, que te da la sensación de estar en una guerra. Maravilloso juego Expand
  86. Nov 21, 2020
    It is a very good game and entertaining to wait for the sequel to "Breath Of The Wild", the only problem I have is that when you play in multiplayer it can have errors
  87. Nov 21, 2020
    Sin lugar a dudas, el mejor musou que he experimentado. Hyrule Warriors: Age Of Calamity es una travesía inolvidable a través del Hyrule de Botw de una forma nunca antes vista. Koei Tecmo y Nintendo han sabido llevar la saga Zelda al género musou de una manera prácticamente perfecta, un Gameplay excepcional, gran variedad de movimientos para cada personaje y una historia formidable. LaSin lugar a dudas, el mejor musou que he experimentado. Hyrule Warriors: Age Of Calamity es una travesía inolvidable a través del Hyrule de Botw de una forma nunca antes vista. Koei Tecmo y Nintendo han sabido llevar la saga Zelda al género musou de una manera prácticamente perfecta, un Gameplay excepcional, gran variedad de movimientos para cada personaje y una historia formidable. La cantidad de personajes se ve reducida, pero su calidad solo aumenta con respecto a otros musou. Los escenarios son todo un deleite debido a los pequeños secretos y detalles que ocultan, los cuales harán felices a los fans más acérrimos de Breath Of The Wild. El hyrule de hace 100 años emana vida, pero la guerra que nuestros héroes afrontan hace que según avances veas como todo va cambiando. Es una aventura increíble e inolvidable que debe ser jugada por todo fanático de la saga Zelda.

Gran ost, gran historia, gran Gameplay. ¿Único problema?, Su framerate, en algunos momentos va como la seda, pero son momentos casi tan puntuales como aquellos en los que el juego va a menos de 10fps. Así es, la caída de FPS es horrorosa en algunas zonas y en un mejor hardware este juego se podría ver sumamente beneficiado. Pero se me hace injusto, en lo personal, no ponerle un merecido 9 solo por un aspecto negativo. ¿Es importante?, Si, pero en general es tan sobresaliente en lo que al catálogo de Switch respecta, que se me haría de mal gusto valorarlo de dicha manera solo por dicho aspecto.

Conclusión, un gran videojuego que logrará satisfacer a todo aquel que sienta amor hacia la saga Zelda, los musou, y los videojuegos.
  88. Nov 22, 2020
    Giving it a 10 to offset the unwarranted zeros, as they mostly come from salty smashtards and morons that think a ubisoft rehash is somehow better than this game.

Real score is more akin to an 8. Pros and cons listed below. Pros: - Diverse and unexpected playable characters - Extremely solid and varied gameplay for each character - Good story and direction - Amazing music

Real score is more akin to an 8. Pros and cons listed below.

Pros:
    - Diverse and unexpected playable characters
    - Extremely solid and varied gameplay for each character
    - Good story and direction
    - Amazing music

Cons:
    - Framerate issues on certain maps
    - Some missions are repetitive (nothing new for Warriors games)
  89. Nov 22, 2020
    Este juego es jodidamente epico... La música es increible, la historia es muy muy buena, tiene momentos memorables... Las cinemáticas son impresionantes. Creo que no hay que juzgar a este juego como algo único, yo lo veo como una expansión al Zelda BOTW, y el cojunto es de un nivel supremo.... La jugabilidad me encantó y la verdad que la caidas de FPS no me afectaron en nadaa....
  90. Nov 22, 2020
    Excelent History and script.
    This game is complemetation os Breath of The Wild.
  91. Nov 22, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Game's really awesome Game, Have A Good story and beautiful stayle, just i hate the drop frame. Expand
  92. Nov 21, 2020
    The game is immensely enjoyable. The combat never gets boring thanks to the many characters you can play with and the the variety of attacks/abilities they possess. The maps are well laid out and make you feel as if your in the the world of botw. The games characters who where already great and memorable from botw have only been made better with some great cutscenes and diologue here andThe game is immensely enjoyable. The combat never gets boring thanks to the many characters you can play with and the the variety of attacks/abilities they possess. The maps are well laid out and make you feel as if your in the the world of botw. The games characters who where already great and memorable from botw have only been made better with some great cutscenes and diologue here and there. The games story is also an interesting one. It's one that you'll either like or hate and overall I think it's okay. It has some amazing and great moments, but some that I think could have had a bit more explanation or overall better diologue to make them more interesting. Overall I'd recommend this game, it's certainly an interesting game that offers plenty of fun. Expand
  93. Nov 21, 2020
    Великолепная игра, мой первый муссоу, превзошла многие ожидания.
  94. Nov 21, 2020
    Absolutely amazing, seriously. The story, cutscenes and voice acting are excellent and impressive, the combat is better than in the first Hyrule Warriors with a ton of variety between all the playable characters. This game has a huge amount of content and has better level design than the first Hyrule Warriors. Great game and a must play for any fan of Warriors games or Breath of the Wild.
  95. Nov 21, 2020
    I absolutely love the gameplay, the story is very intriguing though not what many expected. I love trying out all the playable characters.
  96. Nov 23, 2020
    This game is super addicting. If you liked the original hyrule warriors, you will like this game a lot. The only problem that this game has is the frame rate that coud be better, The story is good, it's cool to see the world of hyrule before the great calamity. The voice acting is better than in Breath of the wild, the actors are better with their characters and it shows. Each characterThis game is super addicting. If you liked the original hyrule warriors, you will like this game a lot. The only problem that this game has is the frame rate that coud be better, The story is good, it's cool to see the world of hyrule before the great calamity. The voice acting is better than in Breath of the wild, the actors are better with their characters and it shows. Each character are good and balance. The original hyrule warriors had 29 characters in total, now it's somewhere around 17. The fact that there is less character makes each of them more unique and balance, everyone is usefull. Expand
  97. Nov 24, 2020
    The demo was already good but playing through the story is simply magical. The art style is beautiful and based on BOTW’s Hyrule, voice acting is well performed, the music is outstanding and the combat, that could have become a bit repetitive since it’s a musou, is actually refreshing with constant new moves and attacks being delivered. 10/10. Excellent addition to the Zelda series.
  98. Nov 21, 2020
    Estamos ante el mejor Musou del mundo, sin dudas. El tamaño de su plantel es reducido en comparación a otros del género, pero su estilo de juego es único y original. NADA DE INSPIRARSE DE LO ANTERIORMENTE CREADO. Eso lo llena de originalidad. Su sistema de mejora no se siente como una barrera imposible de superar desde los primeros pasos, eso lo hace dinámico. Su dificultad es la mejor queEstamos ante el mejor Musou del mundo, sin dudas. El tamaño de su plantel es reducido en comparación a otros del género, pero su estilo de juego es único y original. NADA DE INSPIRARSE DE LO ANTERIORMENTE CREADO. Eso lo llena de originalidad. Su sistema de mejora no se siente como una barrera imposible de superar desde los primeros pasos, eso lo hace dinámico. Su dificultad es la mejor que haya visto en cualquier Musou, su música es soberbia, la historia está bien contada; con cinemáticas que no duran ni mucho ni muy poco. LO JUSTO. Las misiones principales, secundarias, el rejugable y coleccionables son abundantes y siempre hay algo que hacer. La batalla contra los jefes y subjefes de cada nivel es única y recuerdan más a un DarkSouls que a un Musou. (Sobre todo en la máxima dificultad.) Con este juego Nintendo y Koei Tecmo han dejado la vara de medir muy alta para los futuros juegos del género. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity es una obra sobresaliente que podría interesar incluso a los que no están acostumbrados a disfrutar este tipo de juegos. SOBERBIO EN VERDAD. Expand
  99. Nov 21, 2020
    Muy buen juego, con una dificultad que puedes graduar según tu habilidad. La jugabilidad es muy buena acompañado de cinemáticas en el momento adecuado no corta la acción. Si tienes tu Nintendo Switch descarga la demo y juega los niveles disponibles cambiando la dificultad para que pruebes.
  100. Nov 21, 2020
    A game of the finest art. The game fulfills the expectations, but a little laggy with low fps time to time. Fun game, and also has a nice co-op mode!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 110 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 5, 2021
    Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a fun game, heavy on the action and not so much on the story. The gameplay loop is consistent, and plowing through hundreds of enemies as your favorite Champion is rewarding. I just wish that the story wasn't so underwhelming. I'd love to see the Zelda series continue to take chances and expand what can be done with these characters. I believe a compelling narrative is just under the surface, and I hope to see it in the next game. Until then, I'll be racking up my kill count on the fields of Hyrule.
  2. Feb 11, 2021
    Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity impresses with its narrative and fun hack and slash action from the offset, but dreadful performance and repetitive gameplay ultimately stifle its impact.
  3. Feb 3, 2021
    Breath of the Wild succeeded because it instilled a sense of wonder in the player and inspired them to explore every inch of its landscape. While Age of Calamity doesn’t follow in those same footsteps, that sense of wonder and need to explore is present. This prequel is a love-letter to one of the greatest games of all time, and while it might not have been exactly what fans were expecting, it is a worthy addition to this storied franchise and a must-play for anyone itching to return to Hyrule.