7.1

1. Oct 25, 2020
    A great concept with mostly excellent execution, really only marred by a complete lack of satisfactory ending. The tragedy of I Am Dead is that after so much careful and heartfelt build-up (underpinned by meticulously crafted gameplay), the game ends with less than a whimper. I'm more than a little disappointed that the game gave up on telling its story during the last few minutes. InA great concept with mostly excellent execution, really only marred by a complete lack of satisfactory ending. The tragedy of I Am Dead is that after so much careful and heartfelt build-up (underpinned by meticulously crafted gameplay), the game ends with less than a whimper. I'm more than a little disappointed that the game gave up on telling its story during the last few minutes. In short, a great experience tainted by a complete absence of resolution. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 21 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 8, 2021
    If you don’t mind the narration and you’re able to get into the narrative, then you’ll probably delight in uncovering all the neat objects and stories this island and its inhabitants are hiding. For me, though? It never quite hits the mark. I Am Dead has some interesting ideas, and it executes on a lot of them, but taken as a whole, it’s just not as good as it could be.
  2. Dec 16, 2020
    From its heartful story that is only made better by a charming set of characters, to the soothing atmosphere of the gorgeous island-town Shelmerston, I am Dead constructs a serendipitous but accurate portrayal of the usually sorrowful emotions around death.
  3. Dec 11, 2020
    Clearly a lot of thought was put into this game and it is enjoyable to discover that. Unfortunately, I Am Dead’s repetitive gameplay, awkward controls, and short story that left me feeling discontent made me overall a bit disappointed.