7.2

1. Aug 7, 2019
    If you liked the first two and are a huge marvel fan you probably already bought this, but if reviews have you on the fence go ahead and buy it. Your playable hero roster is large as you unlock heroes and will be even larger after the season pass. Roster is very deep with Elsa bloodstone and Crystal from the inhumans I've absolutely loved my time with it so far. It runs the gamut a greatIf you liked the first two and are a huge marvel fan you probably already bought this, but if reviews have you on the fence go ahead and buy it. Your playable hero roster is large as you unlock heroes and will be even larger after the season pass. Roster is very deep with Elsa bloodstone and Crystal from the inhumans I've absolutely loved my time with it so far. It runs the gamut a great deal of marvel villains and locations. It does have some glaring flaws that keep it from being a 9 or 10 like the camera, your inactive party members not leveling with you as the game progresses, and some boss fights bordering on frustration unless you go into infinity trials and grind. Also the ISO 8 system for gear can be a little daunting at first until you get used to it. Even with it's warts it's still a fun game to play either alone or couch co-op with a friend, especially if you're a marvel fan Expand
  2. Jul 22, 2019
    A solid game, but on the weaker end for an Ultimate Alliance title. It's a straightforward and enjoyable game, but the gameplay loop could be more satisfying, and level balancing is in need of massive improvement, with issues pertaining to not sticking too closely to one core team for leveling due to only party members receiving any sum of experience, as well as leveling involving droppingA solid game, but on the weaker end for an Ultimate Alliance title. It's a straightforward and enjoyable game, but the gameplay loop could be more satisfying, and level balancing is in need of massive improvement, with issues pertaining to not sticking too closely to one core team for leveling due to only party members receiving any sum of experience, as well as leveling involving dropping in and out of co-op leading to disparities: when playing co-op with a friend, all players retain story progress, but only the host's party receiving shared XP, while guests only retain XP for whatever hero they're playing. This means that if four separate players are playing together, each player is only leveling one of their characters, leaving them dangerously underleveled if they try to continue their story progress solo.

The roster is respectable but lacks some of the more unique picks of previous X-Men Legends and MUA games, with the vast bulk of characters being core MCU, Spider-Verse or core X-Men (which a few omissions, two of which will be added in as free DLC at a later date). Throughout the span of the 12-15 hr. campaign (20 hrs. at the most if you're being lax enough with it), characters unlock in small bursts pertaining to the story, as opposed to the first Ultimate Alliance where the majority of the roster is unlocked from the outset and only a small amount of side characters pertaining to the story require unlocking, so unfortunately between this and a lack of straightforward practice options, the game doesn't give much room for experimentation, and its stagger system unfortunately leaves it prone to relying too heavily on damage sponge enforcer enemies as a substitute for unique special enemies to test out strategies on.

It seems like I'm being overly critical of the game, but these are issues that I do feel requires some addressing. That said, while it may be the weakest game of the franchise - even more so than MUA2 - it's still Ultimate Alliance at its core, Gauntlet-likes represent a subset of gaming that has been massively under-represented even as far back as the last Ultimate Alliance title, and as always, co-op is tremendously fun with friends, especially locally, although camera issues make it far more enjoyable with multiple copies for players. While the game is your standard superhero popcorn fare, it's charming in a way that will surely resound with fans of Marvel multimedia, and it does have a few less-obvious characters to represent like Ms. Marvel, Crystal, and Elsa Bloodstone, For those on the fence, it might be worth a simple rental or waiting for a deep sale, but even for people on the fence, if you can find a good deal, it's a good game that's easily worth checking out. It's not a perfect game, or a pinnacle of what it's trying to do, but it's not a bad game, and it's serviceable, but it's hardly 'just' serviceable: it's flawed, but fun.
  3. Jul 19, 2019
    This game is meh.
    Good points
    - Nice story, amazing dialogues. - A lot of characters, nice combos too. - The gameplay is fun, but sometimes you feel tired of playing and need to take a break. Bad points - PS3 Graphics - The gameplay is fun but sometimes is most repetitive and you will need to take a break or you will want to die. - 30 songs who repeat a lot... - Stages without
    This game is meh.
    Good points
    - Nice story, amazing dialogues.
    - A lot of characters, nice combos too.

Bad points
    - PS3 Graphics
    - 30 songs who repeat a lot...
    - Stages without much details, linear as ****
    - Dumb I.A.
    - The story is cool but the end is so bad...
  4. Jul 19, 2019
    That number loves to show up but I guess it's what was expected out of it.. Though some mentions about boring combat because all you do is punch and punch and punch, is exactly how the old one played.. You had all of 2 combo's you could sort of do but only 1 was really good, so instead of punching, you just combo'd the whole game. Powers never changed up anything other than to clear theThat number loves to show up but I guess it's what was expected out of it.. Though some mentions about boring combat because all you do is punch and punch and punch, is exactly how the old one played.. You had all of 2 combo's you could sort of do but only 1 was really good, so instead of punching, you just combo'd the whole game. Powers never changed up anything other than to clear the screen (sometimes)

It sounds to me if you played the original 2, and liked them then this one follows right behind those in the way they played and the grind you had in them. +1
  5. Jul 19, 2019
    While the first game was amazing, with the gorgeous style graphics, cool power attacks etc and the very intresting levels. Everything from the first game was very good. Unfortunately, the third game cannot be compared. I just don't like the style and levelsa seem very boring, so uninspired. The story is also very weak something that we have seen a lot before, Avengers thing is somethingWhile the first game was amazing, with the gorgeous style graphics, cool power attacks etc and the very intresting levels. Everything from the first game was very good. Unfortunately, the third game cannot be compared. I just don't like the style and levelsa seem very boring, so uninspired. The story is also very weak something that we have seen a lot before, Avengers thing is something I do not prefer either. Expand
  6. Jul 20, 2019
    Great game! Brings back nostalgia. A Marvel game you “MUST” own in your collection. Nintendo exclusive baby. lol
  7. Jul 22, 2019
    So, in short, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is not too exceptional. It has a good story, uses its source material well, and has a great roster expanding soon with DLC, but its tedious gameplay, bland songs, low budget feel, meaningless skill points, and lack of anything it itself does really well that Marvel and even other Dungeon Crawlers haven't done better, makes it a game that unlikeSo, in short, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is not too exceptional. It has a good story, uses its source material well, and has a great roster expanding soon with DLC, but its tedious gameplay, bland songs, low budget feel, meaningless skill points, and lack of anything it itself does really well that Marvel and even other Dungeon Crawlers haven't done better, makes it a game that unlike Dragon Quest Builders 2, isn't something I'm looking forward to replay in the future. Expand
  8. Jul 31, 2019
    Overall I cannot recommend this game. For the multiplayer alone, which should be the most fun part of the game, (co-op) it is miserable because of the jerky camera. It gives you the option to change the sensitivity of the camera, but I could never understand what this option did. It either kept the camera super zoomed out to where I couldn't see my character or too far zoomed in to whereOverall I cannot recommend this game. For the multiplayer alone, which should be the most fun part of the game, (co-op) it is miserable because of the jerky camera. It gives you the option to change the sensitivity of the camera, but I could never understand what this option did. It either kept the camera super zoomed out to where I couldn't see my character or too far zoomed in to where characters got cut out of the picture. Playing single player is decently fun, until you realize every character is almost exactly the same, and they have very few things that set them apart. I seriously wish I had bought the hardcopy version so I could take it back. Expand

1. Aug 15, 2019
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order is a mighty callback that brings back a series that was an afterthought. It is a successful return for the series, boasting strong gameplay and an impressive and growing list of available heroes. There are a few missteps and annoyances, but these do not outweigh the positives features this game offers. The game shines when played with friends, but is perfectly fine as a single player action RPG romp. It is an easy game for Marvel fans to pick up and play, but is also enjoyable to those that might not be as familiar with the characters and settings.
  2. Aug 14, 2019
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order shows that together is better. With more than thirty playable characters, there is a favorite for everyone. You fly through the levels, while keeping everything short and small. The game definitely gives you the feeling of being a superhero offering lots of spectacle on screen.
  3. Aug 9, 2019
    Packed with fan service and with a huge amount to do, it’s difficult to dismiss Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order. It can get repetitive, and the story does drag a little, but comic book and Marvel aficionados will enjoy it nonetheless.