6.9

1. May 13, 2019
    Light-hearted but solid visual novel with bunch of weirdos characters, slowly developed sci-fi story and lot of fanservice. Not for everyone because of its sometimes bizzare, infantile and repetitive erotic humour (usually about "mammary weapons" :-) ) but definitively not so vulgar you could expect from its reputation. My biggest complaint is definitively hellish control scheme, which isLight-hearted but solid visual novel with bunch of weirdos characters, slowly developed sci-fi story and lot of fanservice. Not for everyone because of its sometimes bizzare, infantile and repetitive erotic humour (usually about "mammary weapons" :-) ) but definitively not so vulgar you could expect from its reputation. My biggest complaint is definitively hellish control scheme, which is uinintuitive and can be reconfigured only partially (why???). Expand
  2. May 10, 2019
    So you can pretty much ignore all the reviews from the "woke" gaming Websites, which seem shocked that there is any fanservice in a Visual Novel. In fact, there isn't much fan service in this Visual Novel compared to many of the highly rated ones on PC, and a lot of it is "romance" service which is more cute than sexy. Put it this way, if you are used to games like Catherine, you'llSo you can pretty much ignore all the reviews from the "woke" gaming Websites, which seem shocked that there is any fanservice in a Visual Novel. In fact, there isn't much fan service in this Visual Novel compared to many of the highly rated ones on PC, and a lot of it is "romance" service which is more cute than sexy. Put it this way, if you are used to games like Catherine, you'll probably find the fanservice in this one fairly tame.

But with a lot of trashy, worthless gamejourno (urgh) sites deciding to trash this, I thought I'd give this an honest review.

Judgement 7: Our World is Ended is about a group of Japanese game developers who uncover a science fiction type plot. There are actually a lot of science fiction ideas explored in this game, such as advanced "deep dive" virtual reality, artificial intelligence and various forms of mind manipulation using advanced technology. Aside from the romantic scenes (which in my playthrough focused mostly on Natsumi, the Judgement 7 teams gothic game art director), mostly the plot is about each character confronting his or her flaws and overcoming them.

This has multiple ending routes, which the main character has to choose through either quick text events or standard choices. These will be things like "who do I spend time with during the company trip" or "what do I say to cheer this character up." Making these choices will send you to one of the endings, and there are a few different ones. (In fact, I eventually found these "reviews" when I was searching for a guide.)

The reviews I've read on this site by "gamejournos" (blergh!) are lying about the female characters being treated badly. The main character starts out as fairly timid and as he gets closer to the girls he will start opening up to them, but he's basically kind to them. There are also some pretty nasty smears about this game from a website that rhymes with Otaku, but the less said about those lies, the better.

I had a fairly easy time getting a good (if somewhat unsatisfying from a romantic angle) ending, but there are a lot more endings to find. Since I couldn't find a guide, it will probably require trial and error, for us completionists I guess we'll just need to do our best!

For negatives, I'll say I found some of the translation choices annoying, but it wasn't enough to knock points off of the review.

Anyway if you like Visual Novels, or games like Persona, you might give this one a try, I bought it day one at full price, but if you plan to get a digital edition, you might want to wait for a sale. (If you want a physical edition, well, I probably wouldn't wait.)

Oh, a certain Website that rhymes with Otaku is demanding it be removed from online stores, so let us hope nobody takes those vermin seriously, eh?
  3. Jun 1, 2020
    The game has its flaws, but I think it deserves much more attention, thus the 9.
    It's impossible to finish the game and do not feel sad to say goodbye to such a cast. Also it makes you feel sympathy towards all these little studios that don't make it to the top and their games are berated online (like this one).

I liked the pranks and the sense of humor. The OST and art are really good too.
  4. May 7, 2019
    I've played numerous visual novels before, from Steins;Gate to the Fruit of Grisaia, and both of which have their own respective "quirks". Though raunchy at times, Our World Is Ended is a solid example of a visual novel, adapting rom-com scenarios one might find in a typical harem anime. Though the control scheme is abysmal (Who thought putting the B button as the confirm button? utterI've played numerous visual novels before, from Steins;Gate to the Fruit of Grisaia, and both of which have their own respective "quirks". Though raunchy at times, Our World Is Ended is a solid example of a visual novel, adapting rom-com scenarios one might find in a typical harem anime. Though the control scheme is abysmal (Who thought putting the B button as the confirm button? utter insanity), it's an interesting read for weaboos alike who aren't afraid of a little bit of perversion. Expand
  5. Nov 16, 2019
    I Loved this game the art style is fun the expressions are great! There is a lot of pervy humor through out mainly by one character, but it is tasteful and enjoyable. each character has a quirky personality that is different from one another and each have specific likes and dislikes that make the story elaborate! Would play again and would recommend for any mature visual/light novel lover.
  6. Jan 9, 2020
    I love the game and how you interact with it this is the best game ever I've spent hours on it and I've loved it from the start the art and characters make me feel like there real. I'd give this game the best rating ever plus one. Only thing I ask for is for y'all to make an anime out of it.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 7 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 8, 2019
    A top-notch visual novel, both visually and novel-vise. A great and funny story, lots of choices that won't ruin the final outcome and a great visual style are just a few of many reasons any fan of the genre should pick this title up. If not a fan of visual novels, still give this one a go. You might just get to look for more...
  2. Jun 20, 2019
    Our World Is Ended. has interesting points in its favour, like its good looking visuals, vocalizations and a well implemented interface but these positive elements end up taking a second place to its rather weak characters, countless plot clichés and overall erratic advances in the game, not to mention its repetitive humour.
  3. May 10, 2019
    A half-baked story, which lacks rhythm, and too much fanservice keep Our World is ended from the elite of the best visual novels available in the west. Still, a somewhat different choice for the hardcore fans.